1.72/5
Based on 296 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Express Scripts

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

2560 Express Scripts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I am currently on an expensive maintenance medicine. I paid for the medicine out of pocket. The pharmacy is only putting 2800.00 towards my family deductible of 5600.00, when the RX was $4000.00. Accredo is stating I satisfied my portion of the deductible, the deductible is not broken down per family member per insurance company. Resulting in $1200.00 not being applied towards the family deductible. I have called Accredo/Express Scripts upwards of 20 times to explain what the insurance company is stating. I have been passed around and the billing specialist email the billing escalations. Still same answer. I have satisfied my portion of the family deductible, again the deductible is not broken down.

I have begged and pleaded to Accredo to call the insurance company to verify what I am saying. No. They will not call BCBS. Express Scripts is also stating that Accredo is incorrect (Accredo is owned by Express Scripts), still Express Scripts will not help. I have offered to send voicemails from the insurance company verifying what I am saying to Accredo. They will not accept those either. Next step is Insurance Commissioner, I can not afford to pay my deductible a multitude of times.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have had numerous issues with this company and still they continue. I called yesterday and told them to cancel a Rx and they said they would. I got email this morning saying it was shipped!! My husband doesn't take it anymore. Same thing happened with another Rx of mine and they shipped it anyway. If I am going to be charged for prescriptions I don't take I will quit using Express Scripts. Thank you Defense Dept for screwing with the military yet again with this company and the Tricare Select. SHAMEFUL people you are!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

In Jan 2018 I was called by Express Scripts to tell me they were going to mail a medication and the cost was $125. I told the caller I did not want it for $125, that I can get it for $5 at a local pharmacy (with a copay card) so to send me the generic. They sent me the med anyways and charged me $3000 because I had not yet hit my deductible. I called to return the medication explaining the situation. I was told it was reviewed and denied. I know they have a recorded call of me telling them not to send the medication.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My husband's company switched from Walgreens to Express Scripts on January 1 so I called them to transfer over both my husband's and my prescriptions. Mine was the only one that needed to be refilled at that time. Two weeks later my husband received his medication and I did not. When I called they told me that my doctor had called and cancelled my prescription because they needed to talk to me. I had very few pills left by that time and I still had 2 refills. When I called my doctor they said they absolutely did not call them or cancel my prescription. It took another week for them to correct the mistake and then when I received it the price was twice cost of what Walgreens and Prime mail had been charging because they said that it was not the generic version. I was getting the brand medication from the other two companies at a significantly reduced price. They should be ashamed of their terrible price gouging ways.

When I called to complain about the cost they said I could appeal. I called the appropriate phone number and was given a case number, asked three questions and was denied. The conversation was less than 5 minutes and she was annoyed that I wanted to take this a step further. She gave me a fax number and told me to have my doctor write an explanation. 10 days later I got a letter saying that a decision had been made but I had to call to get the answer. When I called I got a man who simply said, "Your case was denied." Again, I pushed for a better explanation. Apparently my doctor's explanation was not good enough and he said they would not approve it unless I tried a different drug. Well, I did! The generic version did not work for me and I ended up in the hospital where the doctor explained that the brand and generic drugs are compounded differently and are ineffective for some people and I am one of them.

I might not be able to take any generic drugs and I do not see why I have to stop taking a brand drug when it works very well for me. Why should I take the chance and end up back in the hospital. And why can two other pharmacies charge me significantly less money for the brand name drug! Poor service, cranky customer service associates, terrible price gouging and poor communication when an issue arises. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER AND WOULD DISCOURAGE OTHERS FROM USING THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Worse company ever. These people could care less about their customers. They are a scam. The people who work at Express Scripts are so not helpful. If these people had half a brain they would be dangerous. I've had my Dr. fax an authorization form over 7 times & call them & Express Scripts still tells me they never got it. They don't want to approve a more expensive medication on the back end so they don't have to pay for it. It's their way of pushing the patient to a cheaper brand. Meanwhile I'm dying and getting push back from the company. Something illegal is definitely being played by Express Scripts. They must be in the pockets of the Big Pharma Companies and Lobbyist. Government needs to look into this company and how they treat the consumer.

Express Scripts response
Hello Rick,

My name is Shanta and we are sorry that you had a negative experience dealing with obtaining your prior authorization. We would like to the opportunity to assist. Please reply to this message with your telephone number and your address include zip code and I can have someone reach out. Thank you

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I paid almost $16 at the post office to send my son's controlled substance prescription to Express Scripts so it would arrive before the 20 day expiration date. They received it Jan. 22, 2018- 1 day before expiration. They called me on the 26th and said the amount was too large to send out and offered to transfer me to a pharmacy tech to talk to this about and said it would be about a 3 minute wait. 9 minutes later I hang up. I call back on Jan. 29th and pay my past due balance of $8.67 and I mentioned that I would pay the $600 something bill for this prescription I was trying to get, if I had to, but he said, "No, you just needed to pay the past due balance and we will get them sent out to you".

Then today, Feb. 10th, when my son is 1 day away from being completely out of his pills, I get the physical prescription back in the mail saying that they can't process it because there is a past due balance on the account. I call and the man says, "The last person just never sent it through to a pharmacy tech to send out, just send it back and we will fill it." I said it's already expired and that I don't want to do any more business with them and will start shopping locally. How do they not know the rules of controlled scripts, but I do? Now I am going to have to spend $10 for another prescription from our doctor, plus take off work early to go pick it up and get it filled on Monday. So, they not only cost me money, but also time because of their gross incompetence. I am switching all of my son's and my prescriptions to local pharmacies.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Hate Express Scripts. Every year I have to fight with them to get approval to take a specific medicine because they think they know more than my doctor. Beginning of 2018 and need to get RX refilled. Over $400 for 3 months worth and of course insurance deductible isn't met yet. Who the heck has $400 to spend at one time for medication? Accidentally left one of my medications home last summer when going on a trip. Took several hours to get approval from Express Scripts to get a week's worth approved at a local pharmacy. Only use them because my employer forces us to.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Customer for 3 years, the Express Scripts service stoops to an exponentially worse service level each year. For 2018, they have capped their records for price gouging, (2016 blue ribbon), astonishingly slow order processing and delivery (2017 blue ribbon) topping their penchant for deception by going for the gold in outright lying to customers (2018 best in class). Congrats gang.

On 2/2, one Express Scripts CSR (customer Service Rep) lied to me about the shipment date of my meds. 2/5 got a message to call ES. For my protection they did not ship my order until they confirmed that I knew how expensive the drug was!! Doh, I still need it, and BTW that's why you checked my Health Savings account Visa card to make sure I could pay!! 2/5 CSR promised to ship! Late the next day 2/6, a voice mail message to call ES about my order. CSR said for my protection ES stopped my order to make sure I knew how very, very expensive my meds are? How very nice of you, they have gone down in price since 2016 when you didn't care so much if I knew what my meds costs.

Again, we reviewed the price each time I called, 2/2. 2/5 and 2/6, we also verified my HSA Visa numbers. Express Scripts reps said charge would be processed on the date of delivery. 2/6 evening a supervisor named Betsy said that they will never ship meds to me that cost more than $150.00 per month. That is my 'floor' for my protection!

Weirdly, January 2016 one months' supply of another med I was taking cost $6K, no hesitation by ES to charge my card. No mention of any floor. Betsy said she would go the extra mile for me and talk accounting into raising my floor so the drug could be shipped. Betsy told me that I had set the floor myself on their website and that I could change that floor number at any time. I went to the website but it was down. Betsy confirmed it was down for maintenance that evening (still down 2nd whole day). I asked Betsy what she recommended that I do to make sure that I got my order through. Betsy said call back afternoon of 2/7.

On 2/7, I called in and a recorded message said that my order would ship 2/12. (5 days from today!!! Eek!) I held on for human being, Caesar ** from Tempe Arizona told me my order had actually left their facility, gave me a UPS tracking number that said my order was not in transit. Caesar explained that the order was sent in the morning but hadn't passed a UPS scanning point as of 1pm. Outrageous lie! Express Scripts distribution warehouses are inside or adjacent to UPS shipping points. I asked why the recorded message said it would ship 2/12. Caesar said that that meant it would ship by 2/12. I told Caesar that I absolutely needed it to be ASAP shipment.

Then a supervisor named Teresa gave me more BS about the 'floor'; on cost of drugs, Unlike Betsy the deceptive supervisor of 2/6, Teresa said the floor on my med purchase had always been $500 per month or order and my medicine had shipped 2/7 in the AM. I asked Teresa did they shipped only $500 worth of meds or the full 30 day supply? Or did the price of my drug decrease from $700 to $500 since 2/6/18? Teresa said 'they' overrode the 'floor' and shipped it all. Weird, but I like magical overrides of unwanted price 'floors.'

By this point my Google search revealed that UPS scanning points are not hours away from Express Scripts Pharmacies, in fact they are usually co-housed. I asked a question about the shipment of my drug this morning and wondered when did she think my order would pass the first UPS scanning point, an hour, a day, a month? What did she think as it was now 1pm? More pointless lies about the huge distances between the ES warehouses and UPS facilities. I said goodbye to Teresa, then I called my insurer UPMC to ask if I could get my meds from another pharmacy.

I filed a formal grievance with my health insurance company about the deceptive and dangerous practices of Express Scripts and hope that each and every one of you who experience problems with Express Scripts, please complain to your insurance company, too! My insurance company representative placed a call to Express Scripts inquiring about my delayed order, and was told that meds are on the way to me.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I have been on medicine for over a year and Express Scripts has been providing coverage. It cost a lot and now that I am close to my out of pocket max they have decided to not cover it anymore. Which means I would have to continue to pay full price and they won't pick up any cost. My doctor has tried to appeal twice now. Since when do they have the ability to tell patients what they can and cannot take. Express Scripts is only trying to make money. They have zero care about patients. I am looking to get a lawyer to fight this.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I get medication through Accredo Pharmacy almost 5 years now. Initially 2 or 3 times I choose signature required during delivery of the medication. Then I realized that I have to be home for entire day to receive the medication. I literally have to take a holiday to receive the medication. So last 4 years I choose for 'no signature required' since it is a complete waste of time. Now today when I ordered the medication from Accredo, the customer service said, they can't ship the medication unless I choose for 'signature required'. I explained to them that I have been receiving the meds without a signature for many years now. But they insisted that it's their policy and it was not followed properly before.

Then I said, "Can you please email me the policy? I would like to see." Then she said, "We don't have a policy but signature is required for the apartment address". So I said, "If it is not a policy why are you making my life difficult? It's a two unit condo, I never lost a single item before." So she transferred me to resolution department. Then the connection got disconnected before I could talk to the resolution department. Anyhow, in few min resolution department called and before even I say anything she said they need my signature for the delivery. I explained to her again, she said she understand but it's a strict rule I have to follow. I said, "Fine. Can you show me where it is written." She said "I can't because we are talking on the phone"! How smart!

I said can you email me the policy or wherever it is written. She said "hold on, let me talk to my supervisor". Within a minute she came back and told "sorry we can't send you our internal policy". I said, "But how come you are enforcing something on me that you can't show me? You want me to follow some rule but you don't want to show me where the rule is written." I said, "Thank you, cancel the order today, I will figure out something." I just don't understand how in a country like USA, people still have no rights to know. How come companies like Express Scripts and Accredo can run by fooling people. How come in a free market country this companies playing monopoly.

I could accept their policy if they have one. I understand their concern of losing meds during delivery but what about all these years. How is it possible for people to receive meds if they have to go to work, lives alone, works 5 to 6 days a week? This is a total chaotic, unprofessional, profit minded company that create more stress and difficulties for people. I urge insurance companies to discredit this companies. This is not working!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I've been receiving one particular type of birth controls for years! All of a sudden, they send me a new one. I started taking it, and the medication caused a number of horrible side effects: breaking out, painful cramps, and strong pain in my lower back area (which lasted 4 days of my period). I called them asking questions and asking to send me the medication which was on my doctor's referral. Their pharmacist - Michelle - that they connected me with turned out to be quite obnoxious; she was telling me that I first need to calm down (even though I was not screaming but talking to her in a very strict manner explaining that they can't send a patient a new drug without notifying or asking for their permission if it’s ok to be a new type of drug), and I explained to her that I was in a lot of pain and had no time for argument, but I only needed the medication that my doctor prescribed!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

No one know who had my birthday written wrong, however, several meds were sent to me. Then my medication that needed a pre auth...was cancelled 2 times and I have to call the doctor office to send the exact same info again, which still needs a 72 hour wait time. Meanwhile, I have been without my meds for 1.5 months. Who care I need them. NO ONE!!! Did I mention, I pay for this service???

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Express Scripts has tried to charge me twice for the same medication, then withhold your medication. They don't care or admit their errors. They prefer if you go without medication. This is unfair & horrible.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

When I call and have my script #, the robo person is fine. When I have an issue or question, the reluctance of that machine to transfer my call to an agent, is crazy-making. After at least 3 or more minutes of yelling "agent" into the phone, I start yelling and swearing. It is up to me to determine who I believe can help me. I know you're trying to get rid of humans whom you have to pay, but you're about to get rid of this human whose blood pressure goes skyward every time I encounter this. As you can see by my profile, I use a significant number of drugs which means I'm not well and really do not need the aggravation. I'm not buying a pair of shoes on-line. It is not one particular call I'm referring to--it is a continuing problem. Your human respondents are excellent, knowledgeable, helpful, polite, pleasant and very efficient.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

These folks don't know what they are doing and when I called to resolve my issue I was unable to do so. My prescription was processed incorrectly and the customer service representative would not let me speak with their pharmacist about it. I was on the phone for 38 minutes and got nowhere. The representative was rude and unsympathetic about the error. I wish zero stars were an option.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Decided to give Express Scripts another shot. Well they are still some of the most incompetent people I have ever spoken with. After calling to pay for the prescriptions that should have already been paid for, they tell me that it will be 48-72 hours for a prescription that I paid additional money to have shipped 1 day. What's the point to 1 day shipping if it takes you 3-4 days to have it leave the warehouse? As soon as I was told that it would take that long, I said "cancel it". She said "I can't". What company in 2018 can't cancel an order within minutes of the processing. I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor who claims she was "able to cancel it".

The following day I went to CVS to get my script. CVS tells me it can't be filled because it was "just filled". Several calls by the pharmacist and myself and I am told "we can't stop an order once it is processed." I had to pay a ridiculous price for medication that should have been cancelled. They also told me they haven't billed me yet, but I see a $175 charge from them. The supervisor told me they don't bill until the products leaves the warehouse. Lies, lies, lies. Express Scripts is a scam that should have Congress looking into its business practices. They somehow have created a system that doesn't allow the consumer to make a choice. They have requirements that make me have to pay their price for lousy service and demands.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

This company has the worst customer service, no way to contact manager or file complaint within company. They sent me an unauthorized controlled substance prescription and charged my credit card without consent. When trying to fill my normal prescriptions they keep trying to recharge me, after a supervisor bypassed the amount held on my account for prescription we canceled. Customer service agents are uneducated and incompetent! I have been dealing with this for three weeks and still cannot get them to send me my diabetes and depression medications! Horrible company, beware and stay away!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I have experienced consistent delays and difficulties with mail order refills and renewal requests since I became a customer of Express Scripts (after they bought Medco). While less expensive drugs tend to process quickly, more expensive drugs can require me to make anywhere from 3 to 6 phone calls to Express Scripts before they're sorted out. I take an antiviral drug that is literally the drug of last resort for me, as I've developed immunity to every other medication used to treat my condition. Missed doses contribute to immunity. I sent an online request for a refill on 12/27/17 (I had met my full out-of-pocket obligation for the year); I took my last dose on 1/20/18 and have been without it since (today is 1/25/18).

Express Scripts blames my doctor's office for failure to respond in a timely manner; my doctor's office says they didn't receive the request until 1/19/18 (so that I would have to pay full price), after I'd called Express Scripts to ask what the holdup was. Once the matter was "straightened out" I told Express Scripts that I would be running out within a day; they told me to have my doctor send a new script for a short-term supply to a local pharmacy. I did this, and as they've done in the past, Express Scripts denied the claim, saying that it was "too soon" to re-order.

Another call for an override code to provide to my local Walgreens for a five-day supply - which, it turns out, would cost me half-again as much out of pocket for the five days than I had paid for an entire three months by mail order. And this is not an isolated incident - I have experienced the same and similar difficulties every time I've tried to refill or renew my prescription for this drug since I started taking it a few years ago. As I said, missed doses contribute to immunity - and if the tracking info on this order is correct and I receive it on 1/29/18, I will have missed 18 consecutive doses. Not good for someone whose life depends on prescription medication.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Horrible company. Choose anyone else. When I was looking for a company to cover my medication on the Medicare webpage, Express Scripts indicated they would cover one of my medications, at the quantity I have taken for over ten years "with prior approval". I have never had any problem getting any prior approval for any medication from any other company. As there is no way of knowing if approval will be given before signing up, I'm not sure how we are supposed to choose a company that states this. I chose Express Scripts and now find the prior approval process is horrible.

They denied my approval unless I needed the medication "long-term, 24 hrs a day." This is exactly what I need the medication for. Yet I cannot get approval. Very long waits on the phone to talk to anyone about this mess. Then, when I asked to be transferred from prior approval to member services, I was transferred back to prior approval. Every time I spoke to someone they said I needed to talk to someone else. Each person both gave me a number to call and transferred me. Each time I was transferred to the wrong person and given the wrong number. These people are horrible.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I called Express Scripts to see about my son's prescription for the generic of an ADHD med, that I sent them 2 weeks ago & apparently they claim they never received it. When I asked to speak to someone in the St. Louis office, where it was mailed, they told me they have no way to contact the St. Louis pharmacy or office. What?! Now, I have to cancel that prescription, go get a replacement prescription from his dr, since it's a "controlled substance" I have to pick it up, & mail a new Rx to them & hope this one doesn't get lost in the mail too. No, thanks! I'll take it to CVS & pay extra but I don't trust Express Scripts to fill the Rx properly now. Plus, it wouldn't arrive in time.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Every time I order my medication, I pay right away on it. Every single time though I get a email or notification that I still owe money. I go through this every time. So, since I cannot screenshot the confirmation and amount I paid. I will be having a friend take a photo of my confirmation and amount paid. I'm tired of getting double billed or add ons later. I tried calling customer service one time and the lady hung up on me and never called back.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Call to get help and wind up on hold for over 50 mins. Level of customer service is PATHETIC. You explain everything, they put you on hold and transfer you to someone else, you do the whole scenario again, and they put you on hold for someone else. Hang it up Express Scripts...you are a very poor provider. Shame on your company and its executives that allow this crap to happen.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Worst company ever to deal with. 1 star is way too high. Prior authorizations are a nightmare. Awful customer service, slow, and do not care. Keep changing prescriptions yearly and make it impossible to get filled within a two month time frame.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I'm currently enrolled in the Pfizer RX Pt. Assistance Program with an ID #. Enrolling for 2017 was an absolute nightmare for my ID physician’s office and me. Taking into account our discussions and the process used last year at this same time I proactively on Nov 17, 2017 mailed in my application for the same Pfizer RXPathways Pt Assist Prog 2018. I decided to use my cancer survivor PCMD this time as she has a DEA# (which was another big issue last year as my provider had no DEA # and your system can't process refills etc) and at my q3mth office I had her sign the completed application as well as she provided an additional hand signed prescription (required for home delivery) completed in the Hopkins Electronic system on paper and she hand signed it. (They no longer do handwritten prescriptions on a pad.) The computer does it and they hand sign it as required by Medicare etc.

Further, based on my experiences from last year when I went on home delivery which worked much better for me as getting to the doctor's office is a hardship for me and it's 80-100 miles round-trip and I'm disabled etc. I asked my PCMD to write and sign a separate letter of appeal for continuation of the home delivery for 2018, which she did. On Nov 17, 2017 I mailed to the Pfizer RX Assist Prog Po Box 66585, St Louis, MO. 63166-6585 the following: 1) A completed application for 2018 signed by me which included the physicians/prescribers portion completed by the physician which I also understand serves as a prescription. 2) A JHU prescription for ** 50 mg tabs x 30 with 5 refills hand signed by my doc needed for home delivery to cover legal issues I was advised.

3) A letter of appeal requesting continued home delivery signed by Dr. 4) SSDI letter as proof of income.

On 2017.11.30 I received a voice message from ** at your organization indicating they had received my enrollment forms but still need a letter of appeal for meds to be sent on home delivery. She requested a letter be faxed from doc stating meds need to be sent to the home. She requested it be faxed to 877-415-9972. On 2017.12.01 I faxed a copy of the physician's prescription/letter of appeal requesting home delivery. Based on my prior years' experience when I was seeing Dr again I spoke with her and advised her once again I'm running into a nightmare dealing with the Pharmacy Benefit Manager program and could we refax again another copy of her letter previously mailed and faxed info. Deb, her office RN, called Patti at Express Scripts/United Biosource Corp to confirm fax # 877 212 1021 and receipt and was advised it was in process. She sent me an email.

On 2017.12.06 at 544pm I called 877-486-5367 and spoke with **. She advised me I was enrolled through Dec 31, 2017 and that my application for 2018 was being processed. When I asked what that meant? She stated on Nov 30, 2017 an appeal letter was requested from the Dr's office and as of Dec 4, 2017 the application was being processed. She could not elaborate more on what that meant? On 2017.12.08 On 2017.12.12 I received in the mail all the original paperwork and application I mailed to Pfizer with a cover letter indicating you were unable to complete the enrollment process at this time due to reasons below: (An appeal is needed for home delivery) Advising me to call 866-706-2400. (By now I'm realizing the increased security risks once again by having all my stuff sent back and forth in the mail which exposes all my personal info including my SSN, demographics, address, insurance info etc you name!)

Scary for me in these times of breach of identity and credit! On 2017.12.12 I called Patti's office at 844-810-8943 X ** and left a lengthy voice message requesting a call back or email with direction on why was this paperwork all returned to me? I received no follow up. On 2017.12.14 I called 866-706-2400 and spoke with **. I inquired on the status of my 2018 application and wanted to know why was it returned to me? 3x now we’ve sent you the requested paperwork and I'm trying to understand what you're doing now? After several times of being placed on hold she advised me I was approved through Dec 31, 2017. (Last year's approval) which I already know. I have a letter. Then she advised me I'd have to resend in all the paperwork all over again or have my doctor's office fax it all over again!

On 12.15.2017 I mailed again all that confidential paperwork to Pfizer RXPathways, Po Box 66585, St Louis MO, 63166 the same place I mailed it before. I mailed all that paper work with application etc with an additional enclosed letter with all these details I'm telling you now asking for help. I called ** again and left another detailed message and no return call was received. Assuming all will be okay now today I receive another letter dated Jan 5, 2018 advising me I was approved for basic assistance program but need to pick up the drugs over 100 miles away each time at the doctor's office. The doctor's office called left a message and asked me what was going on now? They had received the drug at their office?

On 2018.01.18 I called 866-706-2400 spoke with **. She advised me home delivery was approved in Dec 2017 but she could see the drug was sent to doc's office? She couldn't explain, has no copies or access to the letters sent to me etc. She could not answer questions and told me all she could do would be to email supervisor and "escalate it"... I could re-fax info with letter a 5th time to Emergency Fax line ** if I wanted. I need to wait another 48 hrs till next Monday now for someone to get back to me by phone possibly. I explained that this was triggering my PTSD let alone my Cancer tx. I was advised this was the best she could do! What is wrong with this pharmacy benefits management company ? How many times do we need to call, fax, write mail the information to get me on the Pfizer RXPathways program and on Home delivery? Where is the accountability at Express Scripts/United Biosource?

Pfizer needs to look at the mismanagement of this program and fix it so it works for us. Who is the responsible party to help disabled consumers fix their complaints and get them enrolled in home delivery and the drug to them? It's a vicious circle that goes nowhere but adds to my sense of feeling overwhelmed, unheard and is making me sicker every time I have to relive this experience...

Have I lost my mind? How can this all again this year be occurring. These same issues as I went through last year in similar time frames even! How many times can I send your fax numbers and PO Box numbers the information and you say you have it and are processing it and I'm right back to square one again having to apply or appeal or do whatever all over again? I'd be happy to attach all the documents scripts, letters etc but they contain highly personal info for public forum. I am attaching a few documents to verify the authenticity of my complaint. This program is currently managed and serviced by Express Scripts AKA United Biosource Corp as I've been advised by Patti. I'm desperate for someone to help me

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Cannot get meds because Express Scripts gives doctors wrong fax numbers. I am diabetic and have gone without some needed supplies for a month because they refuse to provide correct fax numbers to my doctors. I am at my wit's end and my doctors have done their parts. This company needs to be investigated!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Giving these incompetent staff and company a 1 star was over-rating them. Minus stars would be more appropriate. I have taken 2 ** patches for almost 1 year but with another health insurance. Now Express refuses to fill the 2nd patch. I would need a 2nd patch if they made a higher dose of **. I spent nearly 1 hour on the phone being given the run-around. I even talked with a supervisor but they refused to connect me with the case manager who was working on the case at the time I called. (Learned this information after 30 minutes on the phone.) This call was preceded by 6 minutes of phone tree hell and several other attempts to get through. They have received information from my physician 2 days in a row and they have my entire case file. I also wrote a personal letter which my physician included with the faxes he has sent.

Basically they are providing every obstacle imaginable for estrogen for a 60-year old menopausal woman and then have the audacity to question my doctor to see if I am undergoing a sex-change. I suffered with hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms for almost 10 years before I found ** patches. I have had only a few mild hot flashes a week compared to the 10-20 searing hot flashes I had prior to the 2 patches. One 0.1 patch was insufficient to relieve the hot flashes and that is why we needed to add the 0.05 patch. The 0.1 patch is the largest patch available. Maybe the manufacturers could make a 0.15 patch so I don't have to suffer with pharmacy companies who only want to save a few dollars and increase patients' suffering. This is not an opioid, it is **, and the least significant level of drug available.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have fought using Express Scripts for 3 years or more. This year, the only choices were the 90 day mail order meds or a 30 day supply with Walgreens only. I left Walgreens over 2 years ago due to problems with refills, and found a great small town, no frills pharmacy. I currently have no prescriptions on the mail order list. My psychiatrist refused to play their games. He used to do the paperwork, send or call in and then it was back and forth with the company saying they never received the paperwork. He would do it all again because his patients were calling the office to see why their meds were not approved. So, I have an appointment with my doctor to get new prescriptions.

After speaking with my pharmacist, they told me that a lot of their clients opt to pay cash vs using their prescription plan. Plus, I would not be charged any more than I already pay. I admit none of my meds cost hundreds of dollars to fill every month. I am so sorry for those who have to live by Express Scripts' rules. As of a few days ago, they approved two refills by my little pharmacy. But, the ones from my psychiatrist are all marked CANCELLED. Yes, the caps were theirs.

Also, when you reply to a message they send you, you have no access to that response until they answer you again. I have started saving all correspondence with them. I am still waiting for a reply from them I sent in over a week ago. It was just asking them to verify that I understood what they said. I have that and other correspondence I have no problem submitting if it would help. I am hoping that I find I can bypass Express Scripts and not have to have their permission to fill prescriptions when and where they allow. If so, I will report back on how it all turns out. Thank you.

Updated on 01/18/2018: I was notified by ConsumerAffairs, that Express Scripts had replied to my review and were waiting for me to reply back. I started doing that this morning, but stopped because something didn't sound right. What they wanted, was for me to send my home address and phone number so a rep could call and discuss the matter. I double checked my account, and replied to them that they already have all of that information in my account file. So what good would that do anyone? Personally, I think it is a form letter so it makes them look like they really want to work with you to solve a problem. I asked them why they didn't just send a secure message in my account. I expect an excuse soon. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Accredo pharmacy is filled with incompetent people. This ranges from customer service agents, pharmacists, and their nursing staff. As a nurse myself, I am appalled by everything that happens. No one understands how to verify prescriptions or how to ensure that shipment of supplies are accurate. The customer service representatives do not have access to referrals or dates of when they are current or will expire. The referral department for Accredo, which is a subsidiary of Express Scripts are unable to access information from Express Scripts. The staff are unwilling to call the other departments. The pharmacists are rarely available, however when you do get in touch with one the majority of the time their answers often contain the verbiage of "I don't know". The nurses have no idea how to help the patients.

The company itself withholds shipments of medications but will not call to inform patients the shipments are delayed until after the shipment is supposed to be received. When there is a shortage of supplies, the company does not disclose the information when patients order supplies, nor do they include information in the shipment of supplies. Furthermore, the customer service agents have the attitude in which they place blame on every other department as to why protocol was not followed. It is simply ridiculous. I have had nothing but issue after issue with this company. I have never in my entire life dealt with so many incompetent people. Accredo should do the right thing and transfer their specialty pharmacy to another company and shutter their doors. They do nothing but a disservice to the patients. Express scripts purchasing Accredo caused a large issue for patients.

I have so much sympathy for anyone that has to deal with Express Scripts or Accredo. There is absolutely no reason for the issues that occur with Accredo. Most of it stems from poor training of their employees as well as the inability to communicate effectively. Everything is read in a teleprompter manner, and if you question why there are so many issues, all the explanation that is given is blame on other departments. It is nothing less than ridiculous. Accredo will never accept responsibility for their actions or inactions. The blame for issues with medications or supplies will always lie with the consumer in Accredo's eyes. I will never get back all of the wasted time that has been spent dealing with Accredo.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Paid extra for 2 day shipping and was told it was being shipped on Thursday and on Friday found out it was not shipping until Friday. They won't ship anything on time. Always a week after receiving order. Customer service is no help and you're lucky if they answer the phone. Wishing for our workplace replaces insurance and mail order other than Express Scripts!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

They kept sending me notices to refill prescriptions that I still had 3+ months supply of and when I needed a prescription they said I didn't have current ones on file. I did have those prescriptions on file and confirmed that the electronic prescriptions were sent during a recent visit to my Dr. Representatives and supervisors were rude and they sent me (and charged me) for prescriptions I did not order and refused to discuss it further. I can get all my prescriptions locally for a few dollars less than from them so what is the point? Express Scripts is HORRIBLE and they will no longer be my choice for ANY of my RX needs! -Very unhappy customer.

Express Scripts Company Information

www.express-scripts.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use