Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Express Scripts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 2, 2021

I called numerous times correct meds. Brands and to cancel my account. They charged my credit card twice for 2 meds. Sent them to me anyway without my permission. Changed name brands of my meds. When I requested beforehand the same name brands. I told them I will file a complaint if they charge me and send meds. Again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 26, 2021

Even if you have to pay more to go to a different pharmacy service, please do. I have spent almost a month and over 4 hours on the phone to get a prescription filled. I was told my order would be sent overnight because of the urgency of this medication, and still nothing has shipped. My insurance company confirmed the order and my account is up to date. How frustrating to be told lies by ES and still no shipment. I never write reviews, but this is truly the worst company I have ever tried working with. Express Scripts will also call your doctor (without your approval) to send 90 day supplies, even if you only need 30 days and your insurance only covers 30 days. Seems illegal and immoral to me. Go anywhere but here for your medical needs.

Express Scripts response

We understand you are frustrated, In order to assist we will need more information. Please email ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com your member id, phone number, handle name, date of birth and how we can better assist. Thank you. ^SJ

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 24, 2021

This is the company my insurance goes thru and they are ridiculously incompetent. I had to call 3 times a couple days ago and my issue still isn't resolved. They upped my copay from $5 to $134 and some change. They won't let me use the pharmacy that I use in my hometown anymore. They want me to get a 90 day script and do the mail order thing instead. Okay fine I'll do it. But I have already been out of these meds for 3 days. They said that they could not override their system and that I could get 10 of these pills for $44 instead of me getting 30 for $5. So anyways they got ahold of the Dr. and I also called to make sure my Dr. knew it was urgent.

I get an email saying I have to call to confirm my mailing address. First of all I do not understand why the first lady did not confirm that with me to begin with. So I call and talk to someone who can now miraculously override the system to allow me another month at my pharmacy of choice at $5. She says I have to get it that night though or it will not allow me to get it. I called my pharmacy and they were closed. I forgot that they have shortened hours due to covid. I call back to this place a 3rd time to see if they can change the date to the next day and that I would get my meds right away. The lady said that I actually had until April 1st to get the script.

I called my pharmacy to have them push it back through and now they are completely blocked from doing it and I was very clear with the lady from Express Scripts that I needed them to overnight my meds and now I am 6 days out with no meds and freaking out because I feel like I am on the verge of a mental breakdown. I will be putting in a formal complaint with my company as well. Hopefully when they choose a prescription company again they do not choose this one. I feel like I am being taken advantage of and none of those people that work there care either way.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 23, 2021

Our insurance changed Jan. 1 and now we have to go through Express Scripts. They denied my medication which I already had a preauthorization for. My Dr. filled out another form and they denied it again. Getting any information has taken hours and at least 10 different phone calls. I was given wrong info on the reason for denial and spent days trying to resolve only to be told by a different representative that it was a different reason. I have been given wrong information over and over. They told me they reached out to my Dr. several times to get my medical information even though they supplied it twice. Meanwhile, my medication that I have been taking for many months is almost gone and will be detrimental to my health to suddenly stop. I feel like there’s nothing more I can do.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 21, 2021

Very poor service. Hires DHL to deliver but lost track of and then blames customers. They don't care. Go to a local pharmacy instead. Ordered, took a week to respond. Then when item was missent by DHL, attempts to make it the customer's problem when they hired DHL to deliver. Kept repeating the 7 day excuse, but had no idea where package was.

Original review: March 19, 2021

For the 3rd time, Express Scripts has lost my account info. Now I can't set up my wife, because they say we need 2 e-mail addresses. We have one address and I'm not going to set up a 2nd address to appease their lousy system. She has been waiting for meds for 2 weeks. I supposedly added her to my account over the phone 2 weeks ago. Now I was just told that can't happen. It doesn't seem anybody there knows the proper way to do anything. Maybe it's so bad, there might not be any procedures in place. Scary to think they are managing people's meds. I'm moving all my prescriptions to Walgreens. It might cost more and it's a 30 mile round trip, but worth it to get away from Express Scripts. By the way, tried to use Express Scripts 4 years ago, but cancelled due to gross administrative issues. I thought they might have gotten better, but if anything, it's now worse. Stay away.

Express Scripts response

My name is Shanta and we are sorry that you had a negative experience. We would like to make sure your issue is resolved and does not occur in the future. We would like to discuss your situation further please reply to this message with your telephone number, your address include zip code, and I can have someone reach out. Thank you

Original review: March 15, 2021

I have been filling the same 90-day prescription with my insurance company for many years. The company switched their home delivery to Express Scripts and when the prescription was filled, I received 3 bottles of drops instead of the usual 4 that I was receiving since I started using this medication. Express Scripts also changed the packaging so that the items arrived smashed in the mail.

After several frustrating calls to Express Scripts, they refused to supply me with the amount that I was used to receiving because what they said is "supposed" to be sufficient. These drops are instilled in the eyes and there is no way to always instill them without wasting drops. I tried switching pharmacies but the insurance would not allow 90 days without using Express Scripts. I resorted to using them once again. When I requested the new refill, their website displayed 4 as the quantity that I would receive. I took a screenshot! Now that the order is being processed, I see that the quantity is now switched back to 3 bottles! This is simply wrong!

Original review: March 4, 2021

I have a tier exception prescription that has been in place for decades. They overcharge me every time and if I don't catch it, they just keep the difference. This has gotten so bad, they had to send me checks to refund overcharges. Shame on you Express Scripts. I refuse to give them my credit card because they over charge continuously and it takes hours on the phone to get it straightened out and get a credit issued.

Original review: March 4, 2021

They denied my wife use of the Express-Scripts prescription benefit because they said they had received information that she had other prescription benefits. But wherever the false information came from they did not know and were not able to determine. But my wife has never had a job that offered benefits in her life. I asked them to please fix this wrong information, but they had no idea what to do and suggested we use the other non-existing insurance.

Hello Jeff,

Can you provide your wife's, Member ID, or DOB. The phone number does not pull up an account. Thank you ^SJ

Original review: March 2, 2021

I had to start on a new prescription that will have to start taking every day going forward. It was expensive at CVS with my Express Scripts, so I called them and asked if they had any way for me to get it cheaper. They quickly recommended I get a 3 month supply at a 2 month price, so I said, "Great, let's do it." A few weeks later I get 2 months supply and a bill at full CVS price. I called and spent an hour on the phone with 3 different people, ended up speaking to a manager who was one of the nastiest people I have ever dealt with. Bottom line, don't fall for their incorrect claims of saving you money by going with mail order. Get it from your local pharmacy.

Express Scripts Company Information