3.8/5 (1311 ratings)

About Express Scripts

Express Scripts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I have been a Medicare subscriber of Express Scripts for 3 years. I have been very happy with pricing and service I have experienced with this company. I am NOT happy that Cigna has acquired this company and my monthly premium starting in 2022 is going from $27.20 to $66.80. In addition CVS is no longer going to be a preferred pharmacy. I will be looking for another plan.

Express Scripts response

My name is Shanta and we are sorry that you had a negative experience. We would like to make sure your issue is resolved and does not occur in the future. We would like to discuss your situation further please reply to this message with your telephone number, and or email us at ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com. Thank you

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I’m a Vietnam Vet who served two deployments and has used Tricare/Champus for 50 years. I’m 72 yo widow, completely disabled and no longer live near a military pharmacy so get my scripts via E-S. ]Co-pay for one drug was $10, now has increased to $68. Seems as if everything needs prior authorization (PA)… 6 weeks battle between my two MD specialists and Express-Scripts. Yet website shows zero orders in progress.

This morning I spoke again to a phone rep… after 5 minutes screaming at robot voice to get to a person. I explained again that both MDs again answered questions for PA a week ago October 4. Nothing on her computer. Then I said that my doctors were double booking both teleconferencing and face to face visits d/t COVID-19 pandemic.

The Express-Scripts phone rep “girl” laughed out loud!?!! “I that illness was gone!” I was furious! I told her as a former ICU and ER nurse I’m watching my colleagues complete suicide of exhaustion or quitting from caring for terribly ill and dying COVID-19 patients who didn’t believe this virus was the worst public health global emergency in history. 2,000 Americans dying each day, now over 750,000 have died since March, 2020 in just the USA! I’m triple vaccinated and always wear a mask. I have spreading breast cancer and will die if I get COVID-19. This uneducated low-IQ girl is responsible for our life-saving medicine? Another way for Express-Scripts to make money: hire uneducated kids and use more robot interface. E-S cares ONLY about making money. Cigna bought E-S in 2019. Their higher adjusted revenue was $165 BILLION in 2020. Shareholders were thrilled! Customers not so much.

Express Scripts response

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I've been an Express Scripts customer for several years and the service has changed drastically from what it used to be. I see one particular doctor who refills several medications at the exact same time every time I see them. It used to be that they would all get filled and shipped out to me at the same time for a 90 day supply but for the last year or so they are being sent out at different times or part of them will be sent and another part will be delayed 2 weeks or more which is happening today.

I spent over an hour with 2 different customer service reps that had no clue what I was talking about and I had to spell it out for them only to have them try their hardest to make it my fault or my doctor's. Trying to get it straightened out where you used to be able to call in and talk with a pharmacist who actually knew what you were taking and could answer your questions is so frustrating that it really makes me question whether I'm actually getting the correct medications at all if they are this disorganized.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

My doctor submitted RX on September 24 and it shows in my Express Scripts account. This past Thursday September 30, 2021 I get a call from Express Script rep. He asked if I wanted the name brand or generic? I told him keep the RX as written by my doctor and we can change to generic next time. He tells me because of the type of medicine it is he will have it next day delivery set up this one time free of charge. I was to have someone home on Tuesday October 5 to sign for it.

I felt odd about the whole thing and called on Monday October 4. The customer service agent could not help at all and kept referring to another prescription and was confused. She finally transferred me to a Pharmacy Tech who advised me my doctor was the reason for a delay in filling the prescription and they had only got authorization today! I explained to her it was sent on September 24 and you called me about the prescription on September 30 and set up overnight delivery. She said nothing could be done because the RX was in “picking” and no changes could be made to the shipping. I asked who else I could speak to? She said a supervisor but they can’t help you, because it’s too late it’s in picking.

Now checking on the status 20 HOURS LATER it shows it is still processing! So it’s going to be shipped maybe tonight at 3-5 days shipping. So I may get the medicine Friday or Saturday and have to have someone home to sign for it! Mind you I ran out of this medicine on Saturday October 2 and looks like I won’t get it for almost a week later. Nobody at the company gives a damn about our health. They have no answers, blame Everyone but THEM and yet I am now stuck with no medicine, no alternative and crappy service. I know someone from Express Scripts will respond they are shocked and I should email them to fix this. This should have been fixed immediately when I called.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

The way that this company functions is annoying. I called to get a refill, and to change my address. The address was never changed and two weeks later when my refill was finally mailed - it was sent to the wrong address. Normally this would be and easy fix - resend the medication to the new address simple right?! NO. I ran out of my meds, had to get an emergency 30 day supply and the meds were to be resent. In my account it says that the meds are scheduled, but instead of a replacement they scheduled an early refill - which then got kicked back by the automated system. Meanwhile time is passing no meds.

I call again they say that it's showing as scheduled and if I don't get it to call back. Another week goes by still no meds - now I am almost done with my emergency 30 day supply. And they are telling me that my refill will come in NOVEMBER (two months from today). I am extremely frustrated, do not have my meds - they do not allow you to pick up from a local pharmacy or they charge you full price for the medication - which for me is over $100.

Why is there just no option for a resend. I cannot possibly be the first or only person to give an update of address that somehow was not saved or put in the system correctly. It should not be this difficult or take this long to get a darn birth control pill. This is not a highly regulated narcotic or something that could be dangerous if there is a oversupply in someone's hands. It bothers me when companies use so much automation that customer service reps are limited in their ability to problem solve. This should have been a quick fix - "Ms. ** I will send you out the remainder of your 90 day supply to the new address". Not an early refill, or wait until NOV being the only options. I just have one question... if I don't get my pills in time who is taking care of the baby? Will it be the CEO of Express scripts? :/

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

My new doctor sent in a new prescription for an RX that wasnt covered by insurance for another 5-6 weeks as it had just been filled for $5. I contacted this company by calling AND putting the Rx on pause and was told that it would not be filled til late October 2021. In Complete Defiance of my authorization, Express Scripts charged my credit card $111.11 and filled the unneeded script anyway.

It gets better, they are now denying credit and telling me that it was fulfilled in compliance with doctor's orders!! DO NOT ALLOW THEM ACCESS TO YOUR CREDIT CARD, THEY WILL USE IT TO THEIR ADVANTAGE ONLY!! Aside from this complete lack of consideration or respect for customers, their service is the SLOWEST of any online pharmacy!! It needs to be shut down by authorities.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I am writing to file a complaint on the Express Scripts company; pharmacy based out in St. Louis. I called to get my normal order of nightly prescription medications which totaled $28.00. I authorized this payment over the phone with a representative on 09/26/2021. After checking my banking account the next day, I noticed a charge of $718.52 from express scripts/Cigs Pharmacy.

After calling to inquire about why I was charged and to resolve the matter, I was told my account was charged because my doctor “allegedly” placed a prescription in system for me on 9/09/21. I spoke with a supervisor and they assured me that the calls were recorded. Hence, I requested for them to pull the recording to review so that they knew I never authorized this purchased. However, the supervisor proceeded to tell me that they could not find the recording and was unable again, to give me a refund because this prescription is name brand and not the genetic brand. Again, I was never offered or agreed to the medication for which I was charged.

The fact of the matter is, the medication has never cost more than $60.00 even name brand with insurance. So it seems really dishonest that even if it was a mistake on express scripts’ end, I shouldn’t have been charged over $700.00. Furthermore, this was never discussed over the phone while speaking to the personnel. I had or still have no knowledge of a doctor-ordered prescription, nor did I in any way authorize a payment or agree to receive this medication. However, after hours on the phone to resolve the issue and retain a refund, I was told I would not get my money back, although I did not authorize any charge. I returned the medication and have a tracking order to support my claim.

I have since also removed my credit card information from all of your systems so that this never happens again. I will no longer do business with this company. Neither will my doctors office due to fraudulent activity which seems to be the case. I am requesting full refund of the money charged to my account and would like it in a timely manner. I am disable and on a fixed income. And would have never agreed to such an amount. I’m positive this has to be a mistake on your company’s end and so I’d like immediate resolution to this matter.

Respectfully,

Disappointed Customer

Resolution response: Oct. 4, 2021

Express Scripts reduced the payment from 150 dollars to 50 dollars. Even though it is 50 dollars for something that I will not be able to use it still is a great improvement in their response and I do not have to go through the dreaded customer support which is never customer friendly. I have asked my physician to continue to send prescriptions to Express Scripts for other drugs that I use hoping that this fiasco will not be repeated again. It had never happened before and hopefully it never will. I have changed my ratings accordingly.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I have been a member of Express Scripts without having had any problems until now. A medication was prescribed and I rang up Express Scripts to cancel it as it was not yet shipped. They waited for 2 days and shipped it anyway. What followed was a nightmare. I was told after hopping through several express scripts customer agents and pharmacists and spending several hours on the phone that a mailing label would be sent to return the medication that is not good for me because it is in powder form.

Today I received a letter from Express scripts saying that a Express scripts has reviewed my request for the medication return and that a mailing label would not be sent and to dispose the medication. Disposing the medication is not a problem but I still have a payment of 150 dollars to make. I cannot pay for what I cannot use and I have requested that this payment be removed so that I can continue being a member of express scripts. I will wait for their reply and if they remove the charges for the medication I will remove this review. If I don't hear from them I will seek an alternate to this company. It looks like they hurriedly want to shove unwanted medication down the throat of consumers. This is my first negative review on anything but I think it is well worth my time because I hope other folks will not have to suffer the same fate bestowed by this company.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I fully expect to get the copy and paste response from Express Scripts as all but one other review has gotten. Do you not realize we read the other reviews when we come here royally pissed off? I would not have a problem IF you were transparent and IF your tools worked. Unfortunately, I could not log in to your site and a password reset just gave me a spinning wheel and loading... so I called the number. Two HOURS and 10 minutes later still no one answered. So yes, I gave up.

The reason I called was to find out precisely which drugs you DO cover because the last two my Dr prescribed were denied. Frankly I’m tired of the guessing game. I just want something that works. No coverage. The first one required an authorization, which took a week to get. Then I was told it would cost over $300/mo WITH coverage. This next one my Dr gave me a sample for the first two weeks which I’ve been taking and now 12 days in I find out this one isn’t covered and will also cost over $300/mo. Really? You’re up Shanta… tell me how you’re sorry I had a negative experience. So emphatic, a copy/paste reply from a company that holds patients' health and sanity in the balance. You should be ashamed of yourselves. INFURIATED.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I've had the most wonderful experience with this company. They came out with a new website esrx.com\pastatus. I do understand that this company saves me money and protect me in case a prescription interferes with the nether dragon medication that I'm taking. And the coverage review Department that my doctor needs to call I can either have them go to a website or faxed it in. I'm truly blessed to have this type of coverage in insurance. Simply an amazing company.

Express Scripts Company Information