3.1/5 (556 ratings)

About Express Scripts

Express Scripts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Original review: June 21, 2022

I was a customer with Express Scripts within the last 5 years. I tried to log into my old account recently and was unable to get through. I clicked the help - and I ultimately ended up at a phone number. I tried to just register as a new member and ended up at a web page again directing me to the same customer help phone number. I called over a weekend and was told that #1 their web service was out for at least 24 hrs and #2 in order to get my insurance into the account that my benefits person at my job would have to call them! There are thousands of workers at my job. I can't believe a benefits person has to call for each worker.

I called again on a weekday and then I was left on hold for more than 30 min with horrible music playing. There simply is no customer service. I am requesting that my physician switch the prescription somewhere else. I am not going to use a service where there is no way to actually get in touch with a person and get issues resolved. It should be ZERO stars. Don't use Express Scripts - time for them to go out of business.

Original review: June 21, 2022

This company CANNOT get you your medications. I MUST have my medications or I will end up in the hospital/Die and they consistently FAIL to get me my meds on time. Their reps are nice, but the bottom line is these people will kill you.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 16, 2022

I had a recent incident where the mailman put the drugs on my front porch and walked away without ringing the bell. I heard somebody on the porch but was in a meeting with my boss and a client. After approximately ten minutes, I opened the door and they were gone. I called Express Scripts about the issue and the agent that I spoke with was not helpful and did not offer any solutions to my issue. Since it was a 90 supply, they will not fill my prescription until after the 90 day window. I saw my doctor, who wrote a new prescription, but when I try to fill it, it is blocked until the 90 day window has passed. I have already gone through withdrawal from my medication and still cannot get relief that the prescription offers because Express Scripts blocks the prescription from being filled. Not sure why I continue to pay for their insurance since they seem to always have a way to not fulfill their obligations. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I was diagnosed with chronic hives and my doctor submitted authorization to Cigna for approval. I was approved for a year to receive the only medication that works for this condition which is Xolair. I was lucky that my dr had a sample for me to begin the treatment but because Express Scripts / Accredo Pharmacy could not figure out how to get this done, it was a nightmare for over a month. I spoke to them daily and was told not once but multiple times that my medication would be shipped within days only to receive a call, text or letter telling me that my claim had been declined.

Out of ultimate frustration (not the best for a person with chronic hives) I finally asked for a manager. It turned out that the company was applying the claim against my pharmacy benefits and not my medical. Mind you they received the same information that I did and not only that, they had set up 2 separate accounts for me as well which made the situation even worse. Because of their delay, the hives came back with a vengeance and I had to suffer horribly until the injection took effect. I have to use them for this purpose but the manner in which this company is run is shameful to their customers. I would not use them otherwise.

Express Scripts response

We’re sorry to see this and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please email us at ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com with a good phone number to reach you and member ID? We’d like to reach out to discuss this further.

Resolution response: June 15, 2022

In fairness, I talked to a helpful gentleman named Adam at Express Scripts. If one is using Express Scripts, it is helpful to know that an email address, rxhelp@express-scripts.com, is available for customers who have trouble with their prescriptions. The failures in the past with Express Scripts mean I will always cautiously follow the renewals and mailing dates for my husband's medications. My loved one's life is precious. Having meds on hand to take daily is a matter of life and death. I think companies need to remember that there are actual people counting on accuracy and timeliness.

Original review: June 14, 2022

My husband takes many vital medications. Express Scripts frequently drops his automatic refills or the medication from his list. That results in my husband running out of medicines and us having to purchase meds on our own to fill the gap until Express Scripts starts the prescription again. Running out of medication can be life-threatening. As soon as I can choose another Medicare-approved pharmacy, I will.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 13, 2022

I get a shot for Psoriasis and that shot cost several thousand per month. I have a assistance pay program that covers most of the cost, not sure how that works, anyhow I tell Express scripts/Accredo DO NOT SHIP THE SHOT if it is going to cost me several hundred dollars. Well in this case they shipped the shot and afterward they billed me $1961 for the shot. Had I known the shot was going to cost this much I would have NEVER had it shipped out. After shipping the shot they said my assistance program was maxed out. THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 8, 2022

Express-scripts has got to be the worse pharmacy company ever.... I pay damn good money monthly and they will not pay for **.... This company should be banned or put out of business!!!! I pay in good faith each month damn good money but they never want t0 pay for any prescriptions and then wants pre-authorization for meds that I need and have taken for a while. Now all the sudden I keep getting denied.... Although when I talk t0 them on phone they tell me I'm approved.... I will not back down with my appeals and no one else should either!!!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 7, 2022

I would have given them 0 stars if it were an option. I have been trying to get my prescription filled for over 18 days. Every time I call Express Scripts I am given a different story. They have charged me( at one point 2x) but I still am without my medication!!! I spoke to a Supervisor named Claire who put the burden on me to resolve the issue and clearly was totally not helpful and very unsympathetic. The latest I was told… to wait until it is 30 days and then try again. If I had a choice I would NEVER EVER choose Express Scripts!!! They have given me such a runaround the details are too long to go into here but the bottomline is I am without my medication through no fault on my part and Express Scripts had done NOTHING to help.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 6, 2022

If I could give zero stars I would. I placed an order last week and every day receive a call that my order did not go through. I call back and have been passed around to representative to representative and placed on hold totaling more than 4 hours in one week. They ask for name, address, DOB over and over then place you on hold. Not confident my order is coming. Horrible experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 2, 2022

Express Scripts is by a longshot the worst pharmacy in the entire world. They do not fill prescriptions, but rather figure out excuses for not filling prescriptions. If you are enrolled in a Part D Medicare Plan with them, you will need to file multiple complaints with Medicare before they start doing anything. Even then you will continue to have problems with them. Their web-site is almost impossible to understand, and the physicians do not understand their formulary.

Express Scripts response

We understand you are frustrated & want to help. Please email ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com your member id, phone number, handle name, date of birth and how we can better assist. Thank you. ^SJ

Express Scripts Company Information