1.17/5

2742 Express Scripts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Took 6 calls and 50 minutes to get assistance. I called at 10:47 am today 10/15/18 and could not reach a customer representative after 7 minutes. Called again at 11:55, reached a representative who put me on hold for 28 minutes. Got disconnected 3 times, and finally reached a representative that was able to assist me. Took me close to an hour on the phone to get the help I needed.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have NEVER dealt with a more CORRUPT company in my life & if it were possible to award NEGATIVE STARS to them, I'd give them -1,000,000 stars!!! I called them on October 5, 2018, to make a one-time payment on behalf of the disabled Vietnam Veteran I care for. I called Express Scripts & authorized them to take a single $40 payment from the veteran's debit card & I authorized a single payment from my own bank card for $62, so this vet could receive the medication that Express Scripts was holding hostage. Earlier today, the veteran came to me, completely distraught, because his bank account is now overdrawn by over $350, caused by Express Scripts ILLEGALLY placing his debit card ON FILE & then withdrawing NUMEROUS payments COMPLETELY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION!!!

Each time they took money from his card, they caused a $35 overdraft fee which added up very quickly. I immediately called Express Scripts' customer service number, only to end up with someone, claiming to be a supervisor, who stated that to return the funds ILLEGALLY WITHDRAWN would constitute GOVERNMENTAL BRIBERY! What??? This woman categorically REFUSED TO HELP this veteran & when I asked to speak to her supervisor, I was told I'd get a "callback" sometime between 1 - 3 days from now!!! So, Express Scripts has STOLEN this poor veteran's money, leaving him UNABLE TO BUY FOOD, GO TO THE DOCTOR (no money for the co-pay), or pay his bills!!!

All while he is supposed to wait up to 3 days without any idea of when or IF he'll get his money back!!! This company is without a doubt the most UNSCRUPULOUS bunch of THIEVES I have EVER had the misfortune to deal with!!! Something MUST be done to right the EGREGIOUS WRONG done to this TERMINALLY ILL VIETNAM VETERAN!!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I have had so many problems with getting my medicines from this horrible company. I need my medicine to survive, but Express Scripts has not handled it at all. I have been on the phone trying to get my situation taken care of for weeks. My doctor has tried to get my medicine and the pharmacy at my neighborhood Walmart, still no medicine. Since I live in one of the hard hit hurricane counties here in NC, the recording at Express Scripts states that I could get my medicines as an emergency situation. This too was a LIE!! As of OCTOBER THE 13TH early morning, I have been on the phone again with this sorry company. Which said that my medicine would be sent out on Thursday. Another LIE.

My husband called, since he is the primary person on the insurance. He too was on the phone arguing with them. I am seeking some outside help on this. Because I will die without my medication and EXPRESS SCRIPTS does not care if I live or die. I wanted to let the world know what has happened when it came to me trying to get my medicine, which was not something to get high on but to save my LIFE. I even listen in as the manager at my doctor's office called Express Scripts and she went over everything with them. NO MEDICINE. I will pay the 500 dollars that it cost at the pharmacy or I will die. I read many of the reviews on this company and I agree 200 thousand percent. I HAD to give a one star. But I wanted TO give a MINUS ONE HUNDRED STARS. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My brother is in a assisted living facility. Express Scripts keeps changing his part D to them without authorization (I know because I am the only one able to authorize anything for him). He was changed in March of this year and we had to change it back. Again it was changed for Oct. 1. I called Medicare to switch back and they suggested calling them (express) to find out who is changing it. Paperwork was sent to him at the asst living address (not his mailing address). I called them and after spending 10 minutes to get to the operator. I told the woman that Express keeps changing the account on their own and I wanted to get a copy of the application to review who had signed it. She hung up on me.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Express Scripts is my preferred pharmacy by my medical insurance company, so I'm stuck with them for now. Nonetheless, I've had a multitude of problems and bad experiences with Express Scripts. My latest problem was a re-fill that was sent to their office on 10/05/18, which apparently wasn't received. I followed up on 10/08/18 to ensure receipt.

I was told that it will be one day, I paid for express shipping, only to find out on through an automated dialer that on 10/12/18 my prescription was still not filled. Apparently my doctor will not respond, which is contrary to what I was told on 10/08/18. I literally have a problem EVERY single time I fill a prescription. In this particular case, why would it take ONE week to call me and let me know there's an issue? Express Scripts is a nightmare, and to add insult to injury, I always deal with abject incompetence. I will never recommend this company. I wouldn't be surprised if they went bankrupt in the next year or so.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Express Scripts is without a doubt the most unethical and immoral company in the United States. I am profoundly disgusted with it. Each time we try to receive a prescription refill from them for my daughter, they give us the runaround for 6-8 weeks! For the last 3 years each time my doctor or her nurse calls in a prescription and prior authorization for my daughter's RX refill, they send my daughter (each time) an email notification saying they need prior authorization. Each time my doctor swears she called it in. One time I stood beside her while she called it in and received the confirmation number. Express Scripts still said they hadn't received it. Let us all get together, get a lawyer, and take these guys down for the sake of that sick old lady if not for ourselves. PLEASE!!!

Updated on 10/12/2018: To my fellow Express Scripts Reviewers, For the record, I would have given this company ZERO stars if there was an option! So after my review today of Express Scripts, I received a private response from them. This is how they responded: "Dear Jayne, We're sorry about your experience. We just want to let you know help is here if needed. Feel free to email ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com. Please make sure to provide your member ID, date of birth and a phone number where we can best reach you. Kind regards - Adam".

So, as many of you already know, you hear that a lot from Express Scripts employees, but they NEVER, EVER follow through as many of you have stated. Many of you also know that they are never helpful, so I wrote the following response to them: "Dear Adam (If that is truly your real name), I think that I can speak for everyone who has already reviewed Express Scripts on this website and the thousands more that will in the near future. (My fellow reviewers, please give me an amen to that, if you feel led). I truly wish that I could believe that this is a genuine, concerned reply, but I absolutely do not, which is why I am taking this further to my state representatives, to my state insurance board, my congressman, and the FDA. I will also share this review with many others (military and civilians)".

"My husband and I will be retiring from the military after almost 30 years of service this year and we both plan on spending as much time as needed to expose your deceitful practices. Your service has been so incredibly offensive that doing so will be our top priority. If any of our fellow reviewers would like to join us, please let us know. Adam, PLEASE!! I beg you, to take a few minutes to read just a few of the other reviews on this website and respond truthfully to those. Do you realize that Express Scripts employees' continual and fully intentional neglect of its customers could have life threatening consequences? Do you care?" I THINK A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST EXPRESS SCRIPTS IS IN ORDER! WHO AGREES WITH ME? This has gone on long enough!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I recently needed a brand name drug approved as generic did not work for me. It was denied. Appeal forms were mailed to my home, I filled them out and returned. Called to follow up, was told to wait 30 days. After 30 days was told it was denied because forms were completed by me, not physician. That was not stated on any form. They received the forms, saw they were wrong, and did not let me or my physician know so we could correct error (their error, since the physician's office never received any communication from ES). Long story short, I began that process in January 2018. It was finally approved at the end of April 2018. Four months. Fast forward, to October 2018 and I required a different dosage of same drug. Denied. Had to begin at square one because only previous dosage was approved. Every step of the way, it is clear the goal is to wear customer down so they can do things their way. No special exceptions. Ever.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

This is a consistent problem that is not addressed. Express Scripts has incompetent phone operators. They took my payment on Tuesday 10/2 for a heart medication that I can't skip. They offered 3 day shipping for 3x the amount of my medication. I told them I can wait for the 5 days. Today 10/8 I received a voicemail stating they needed an authorization of payment due to them sending me meds that I don't take anymore. I paid on Tuesday and had a confirmation.

This is 6 days ago. They are calling me to say it is a 90 day prescription and the confirmations was for a 30 day supply. I have no medications since Friday. Now they say they can give me a 7 day in Rite Aid and they will send me prescriptions in 7 working days. Do the math. I may not be able to give a review by then. How does FDA allow these clowns to be in business. What's worse is they see these reviews and do nothing. Who is worse? Our employers to save a dollar or FDA? What has America come to?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Tricare Express Scripts cant fill scripts. They are the worst. They get the scripts and ALWAYS have an issue and can never get a hold of the doctor so they simply cancel the script and done. I have to spend hours on the phone A calling - arguing - fighting - insuring- following up. And still no script. VETERANS OPT OUT AND GO ELSEWHERE - THEY HIRE CLOWNS.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I am suppose to use this pharmacy due to my employer, but because of issues in past, I had chosen to pay the extra at my local pharmacy for my prescriptions. But thought, I would try them again due to the convenience. My MD sent my Rx to them and I received an email requesting payment information. I called them the next day but they had already processed the prescription without authorization because my card was on file. I explained that I did not want the medication as it was only allergy medication and could be obtained cheaper OTC ($88) and attempted to stop the process. But was told it was too late. Keep in mind they had just sent me the email the day before.

I asked if I could send back the medication for the credit and was told they would send me a return package, which never came. I was then told to dispose of it and they would credit my account. I never received credit. When I called back I was told that I would not be receiving a credit and that I had been told several times before. Which I had not. I do not understand how a company of this size can treat customers this way and still stay in business. I pray that the older population that uses this company due to the convenience, is not being taken advantage of as well.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I’ve unfortunately had to use Express Scripts for years now due to it being my prescription insurance provider through my union. I wish they would switch. Their customer service sucks. No one ever tells you the same thing. Their methods of contacting you when there’s an issue is just a random email that doesn’t even explain the cause. They constantly screw up whether it’s from not contacting doctors in a timely manner or billing issues or slow turnaround. You would think with something as time sensitive as medication they would have a faster turn around and better communication with their customers.

Many times they have made mistakes causing further delay with medications and their only resolution is to have the customer pay $25 or more for expedited shipping. Why should the customer pay for errors on the business's end? I wonder how many people have had serious health issues related to delays in getting their medications due to Express Scripts own negligence.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Beware of Express Scripts. Received a bill in October -- called them because I have automatic payment via Social Security and couldn't imagine why this would be true. Evidently the October bill was really for January although the bill did not say this anywhere on the page. The company claims that when Social Security doesn't start paying them until Feb. 1st, and the payment doesn't cover January. At no point did ES ever contact me about this. This is October. I still don't know what's going on because all 3 of the people I talked to over 2 1/4 hrs spoke, double talk and read prepared scripts and cannot/will not address individual billing problems. Medicare patients -- Sign up for another Part D coverage.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Needed to fill my medication which was a controlled substance, they lost my order, never found, said it was mailed overnight and 2 weeks later, still no medication! I would rate a (negative 100 stars!!!) All I heard is "I'm sorry," but no one would get up out of the chair and find out where my meds were. I could write a book on all of their excuses they give me on why I don't have my meds. My insurance requires I use them, but believe me my representatives in my State and Insurance Board will hear about this. Their customer service is the worst I've ever seen!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I called 6 am this morning. Was told to call Blue Cross Blue Shield regarding my prescription. I called Blue Cross Blue Shield. The representative that I did at Blue Cross Blue Shield was very helpful. We did a conference call back to Express Scripts. Spoke to a representative named JV on from Georgia. We told him we want to speak to a supervisor because my pills are normally 20 day supply now it went from 20 day supply to 21 days supply. He put us on hold for over half-an-hour, came back on the line and said, "I spoke to my supervisor and she said your refill will be ready on the 3rd." I asked to speak to the supervisor yet once again he said, "Oh you never said you wanted to speak to my supervisor."

Both me and the representative from Blue Cross Blue Shield said, "Yes we did." Supervisor by the name of Ellen from North Carolina got on the line. She again have us on hold. Nothing got resolved. Needless to say they said that it will my prescription will be ready 21 days after I was supposed to have it. Total whole time on this call was 1 hour and 35 minutes. That is unacceptable they also keep changing your scripts in the amount of supplies that you do get. I am not a happy customer at this point and I would never ever recommend them other than the fact that I have them through my job. Worst ever!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Express Scripts is the worst pharmacy service provider that I have ever used in 30 years. It really sucks that the Railroad obligates their employees to utilized such a horrible company to get prescriptions from. Today I called them in the afternoon and spoke to a "supervisor" by the name of "Cisco". He was so unprofessional. Express Scripts should be embarrassed to have people like that working for them. I wish we had other options when it comes to obtaining long term prescriptions. Stay away from Express Scripts if possible. The customer services reps are very incompetent and unprofessional!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Fertility referral request. This is my first time use Express Script for specialty prescriptions prescribed by my Dr. In order to receive proper coverage for the medication, our insurance provider stated they must be filled through Express Scripts. I have spent over 5 hours on hold waiting to speak with a representative. I have never received such a long wait time only to be made felt like by a service representative that my time was invaluable and they could make me wait longer if needed. Like it was part of their customer service plan to make individuals needing prescriptions filled to wait countless hours while their uncertainty and anxiety grow in an already difficult time. Horrible! Absolutely horrible experience!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My school district switched from PrimeMail to Express Scripts on September 1st. This was my first interaction with them. I received a call from them telling me that one of my medications was out of stock. I was told that the name brand was out of stock. I asked them if they could use a generic brand and I was told no, that I would need to have my MD write another prescription for the generic. The person I was speaking with was so difficult to understand that I had to keep asking him to repeat what he had said. After 25 minutes I had to get back to my work so had to call back.

2nd call was to Walgreens. It’s a federal law that you CAN substitute a generic med unless the MD specifically writes that you can’t. 3rd call to Express Scripts was again, a person that I couldn’t understand. I was told something entirely different but then asked to speak with a supervisor to verify which story was correct. On hold for 10 minutes then had to get back to work. 4th call I asked to speak with a supervisor only - no more customer service rep. I was transferred to a supervisor that I was able to understand and she corrected my issue and explained everything to me. She said that they use a call center in the Philippines and that the next time I call I should ask to speak to an offshore representative. Hope this helps someone.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2018

They called today and resolved my problem! They were very helpful and even called my old doctor's office to sort everything out

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I recently changed insurances, and I had a prescription on my previous insurance that was through Express Scripts. The new insurance company that I started on also used Express Scripts as their prescription service provider. Good, it should be a breeze getting my prescription transferred over to my new insurance company, right? Boy was I WRONG.

Over the past three weeks I have been on the phone with three different customer service representatives trying to solve this issue, and it has not even been fully resolved yet. I don't have a problem with talking to different people as long as they keep detailed notes so that progress can be made on each call, but I have to start from the beginning with each person and it is extremely frustrating. Somehow I got deleted from their system (???) and now my prescriptions are no longer appearing anywhere for them to find, even after I give them the Rx number.

All I want to do is transfer prescriptions, is that too much to ask? They are now telling me that I need to call my old insurance company and/or have my doctor (who is no longer my doctor since I moved out of state!) write a new prescription for them, when the one that WAS written still has SIX MONTHS worth of refills. Overall, very dissatisfied with this company, and I am not looking forward to having to be getting prescriptions from them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Express-Scripts aka Sloth - ScrewU. My insurer switched pharmacy services to E-S in July. For years I’ve had to take anti-allergy medication around Fall time. Never a problem till now. I requested a prescription refill on September 14 only to learn that my GP’s authorization for the refill was declined by E-S. It is now Sept 24 and, after speaking 3 times to E-S, 3 times to CVS and idem to my GP associates, I am still without medication, which E-S estimates may finally be made available by Sept 29. What’s more whereas last year the identical medication cost me $30 E-S will make it available, whenever, for 5 times the price I paid to CVS last year. Cigna is shelling out $67 billion to buy this outfit. If you own shares in Cigna might be wise to sell!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Unless you are ordering medicine that you don’t need, please don’t use this service. It sounds great on paper, so convenient! But I spent much, much more time and effort dealing with these people, tracking down orders, contacting doctors offices for replacement scripts, etc, than I would have just buying to a local pharmacy. On one occasion, tracking marked a package of drugs delivered. They weren’t. They sent a replacement, but I had to have an emergency script filled locally to fill the gap. They also charged me for the lost package. After a 30 minute call, the charge was removed.

After verifying through their website that another prescription could be filled through them. I ordered it, deciding to give them another chance. I received an email claiming they’d received the order. Several days went by, and I heard nothing, so I’m checked my account page, which stated that the meds were NOT available, and the order was cancelled. No notification, just cancelled. Another 45 minute phone call, requesting that they mail back the paper script. They promised to “expedite” that, meaning they might put it in the mail in 4-5 days. Had to call doc for new script.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I received called today to call about my pre authorization, hopefully to see if they allow me to buy my ** at 25.00 at Kroger. Customer service don't even know what I am talking about. I called Kroger. The price is still 599.99. And my injection is due tomorrow night. This is getting so ridiculous that I cannot pick up my medicine from my Kroger and I need it tomorrow night. This rebate need to go to me and not Express Script. I may get a coma if my blood increase. BsBc will pay more if I am hospitalized.

Updated on 10/02/2018: I missed 2 weeks of injection to control my diabetes and after 6 phone calls and 2 appeal which I have not heard the second appeal. No reply after faxing the second appeal. They did a temporary approval to pick up my medication from Kroger. They bill Kroger 80.00 and Kroger gave me the coupon and charge me 25.00. So now I cannot pay a cheap price at Kroger because Express Script is taking my 55.00 rebate. I have to mail order and I will have to skip every other week injection because Express Script will charge me 160.00/90 day supply.

I don't know how this is going to help me if I skip my medication because of this type of control from middle man. I will have to do something to file a complaint with congress or Congressman Beto the new Texas state congressman. Or better the media. My sugar level drop since I get a temporary one month shot now. Company told me to buy insurance somewhere else. I don't have a choice. And that I have to change jobs so I don't have Express Script. The media would love this story.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

WOW! Maybe if I'd read the reviews about Express Scripts prior to even dealing with them I wouldn't be so surprised right now by their terrible business! I wish there was an option to give ZERO stars. Monday Sept. 10 I called to ask for the price of a med I needed. Their website didn't have the price available and I didn't want to request to receive a medication before knowing if the meds would be covered and if so, what my copay would be.

Upon calling, I asked for the price and the representative couldn't find the price of it either. I told him it was important that I receive the meds asap because I only had enough for 1 more week but I really wanted to know the price first. He said that I had 2 accounts set up with them because I was in transition from Tricare East to West and had to wait at least 48 hrs for meds to even show up on my account with any information before I could order a prescription. Also, it would be an additional 7-10 business days beyond that before I'd even receive the meds. I needed them in 6 days so what would be the point anyways? He said to check back in 48 hrs after my accounts switched over and they should be able to give me more information about the price and I could possibly request a faster delivery. He made a note on my account that I wanted to know the price of the medication before confirming placement of an order.

3 days go by and my account still shows no information or prescriptions for me. This tells me that I'm already not going to receive my meds in time because nothing has switched over and I'd still have to probably wait 7-10 business days after to even get them. I called my doctor who called in the prescription to FREEDOM FERTILITY PHARMACY who are AMAZING!!! They called me back the very next morning with the price and overnighted my meds for no additional charge!

So fast forward to Sept. 18 when I receive an email (8 days later) from Express Scripts that my order was on its way. WHAT!? My account STILL never gave me a price of the meds and I never called to confirm delivery of them. In addition, I've already received my meds from a different pharmacy who didn't make me jump through a million hoops just to get a price or to receive them in a timely manner (already had my meds for 4 days at this point). And the email said my meds would arrive on Monday Sept. 24... 14 days after I called to inquire about the price in hopes of placing an order!

Express Scripts said they would not allow me to return the meds or receive a credit because I never called to cancel the order. I was never told what the price was and the note on my account said I would place the order upon being informed of the price! They suggested "opening a claim" to have my previous phone call reviewed to see if there was an error on their part. Today, Sept. 21, I find out that "there was no error on their part. I never told the man on the phone that I didn't want the medication." LIARS! I needed the medication which is why I called but I stated that I did not want to place the order until I was made aware of the price, which I never was!

**Side note: my medications are fertility meds that cost over $250 a box when not covered (and I needed 5 boxes). I was receiving them at a MTF who provided the meds to its patients for free. Now that we're not stationed there, this was the first time I had to order the meds through a pharmacy outside of the Army hospital. Wouldn't anyone want to know 100% if expensive fertility meds would even be covered or not before committing to an order??? I'm now being stuck with a copay and 5 boxes of very expensive medications that I don't need. And it's MY fault for THEIR negligence?

Shame on you Express Scripts. I'm sickened that they are making money off of the sale of my very expensive meds and still sticking me with an unjust bill. They are liars and thieves who don't care about people, just making a buck. I will NEVER go through them again. And if you or anyone you know need affordable and super fast delivery of fertility medications with excellent customer service (who also follow up with you!), shop Freedom Fertility Pharmacy. They are the epitome of good business!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

It appears that Express Scripts puts whatever erroneous information it chooses onto their website regarding the status of the delivery of medication your doctor has prescribed for you to further delay or mask a delayed prescription. If this has only happened once with my medications I wouldn't mind so much, but I have found that I have to constantly chase my medication, and can't depend on the status information on Express Scripts' website is supposed to show the status of your medication. Yesterday, Express Scripts' website showed that my prescription had been "sent and delivered." Today the status shows as "sent" but will be delivered today.

This is the same prescription that showed on their website it would start processing 9/6. It is now 9/20 and I have been out of this medication for over 10 days. Why does this company think it's okay to screw around with someone's medication that a licensed physician has prescribed? They are a service but really are so bad that they are damaging their customers' health by delaying medications which they are supposed to deliver. There is always an excuse.

Express Scripts charges $21 for overnight delivery services and with their constant delays and incompetence, a person has little choice but to use their "overnight" service. Keep in mind, I have yet to both use this service AND receive the prescription the next day. It has always been 2 days or more and always because Express Scripts has delayed my medication. If your prescription is supposed to be delivered close to the end of the week or especially close to a holiday weekend, you can count on it being delivered the week after. I have yet to have an automatic shipment where my medication has not been delayed and interrupted.

Express Scripts would be out of business if their customers weren't forced to use their service because of an agreement Express Scripts has with various employers. My doctor has sent in authorization renewals and I have gone onto Express Scripts' website to check my prescription's status. It will show as still waiting for the doctor and then my doctor has to resend what was already sent. This happens more often than not. I always have to chase after my medication.

I have received "informative" letters from Express Scripts on how to get authorization for medication so the prescription is not delayed. My doctor knows what she is doing, has done everything necessary and on time for the prescription authorizations, but Express Scripts still is unable to fill prescriptions on time. Instead of letters, Express Scripts should hire competent people who know how to fill and ship prescriptions on time, update websites with accurate information and people who can receive, and in turn, mark down as received doctors' fill out authorization information. WORST COMPANY EVER.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I learned that some insurance use Express Scripts for prescriptions. This is my first time with Blue Shield Blue Cross and they partner with Express Scripts for prescription insurance. I found out that you the rules and policy of nongeneric and brand product can be misleading on the cost. ** has a coupon and maximum out of pocket is $25.00 per box.

I have been taking this ** at Kroger with the coupon for $25.00 per box of 4 pens. Mail order should be cheap but, Express Scripts charge $80.00 per box. They will let you know that you cannot pick up from your local store or you have to pay $559.67 for your prescription at the store. I think this legal contract need to be investigated by other prescription store. We do not have freedom to choose what store we want to have or prescription but must pay more.

This type of insurance need to stop. We should be allowed to pay the same cost at any pharmacy. It is a catch 22. Pay $80.00 or pay %559.99.67. But Kroger with Lilly coupon only cost $25.00. I will watch any insurance partner with Express Scripts. I will never sign up insurance partnered with Express Scripts. Bottom line, Express Scripts is Costly. Never allowed Express Scripts to autocharged your account. Always pay per purchase. DO not auto prescribed because once you change medication, it is hard to get credit back from Express Scripts. I had to fight credit for a wrong prescription from a doctor. I wonder they will call the debt collector to claim that $$$ and ruin my good credit rating.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My medicine started processing on Sept 12, and told it would ship by Sept 17th. Today is September 18th and no one at Express Scripts can tell me when the medicine will ship. I have now requested overnight shipment and they cannot tell me whether that can happen. I can't wait for Amazon to get into the prescription drug business!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Every month Express Scripts turns off our coverage. Went to pharmacy yesterday and picked up 2 prescriptions. Went back an hour later and was told coverage had been turned off again! Customer service is no help whatsoever! All I ever get from them is "Oh gee - I don't know why". I pay a lot money for insurance coverage and then I get the runaround by them. I need my meds because they are the ones causing me to have high blood pressure!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Not only does Express Scripts require you to warehouse your own meds 3 months at a time but they don't track changes in your dosages and force you to pay for and keep any medicine shipped to you in error. If my insurance wasn't forcing me to use them to get coverage, I would refuse to do business with them. Horrible customer service! Worst RX manager ever!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I am required to use Express Scripts with my current insurance and have for ten years. I started getting robocalls to confirm my online medicine orders. I use to get confirming emails. I called Express Scripts and asked why I was now getting calls rather than emails. I was told that my email address was undeliverable. I get other emails daily and have had the same address for many years. The service rep said she would reset my email and it should work next time. Wrong, still not working after three calls and talking to a supervisor.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I take two medications, an inhaler and ** for acid reflux, and they are absolutely impossible to get. Every single time I try to refill these - there is an issue. Customer service is completely incompetent, and can never help you with the issue at hand. I almost ended up in the hospital because they were reluctant to refill my inhaler despite having an active RX. Currently same issue with me ** - I have an active RX but they say they will not cover it, and that I need prior authorization. However, they do not tell you how to get authorization and they make it an absolutely impossible and difficult task for your physician. I cannot eat without this medication - I quickly get esophagitis with tears without it, I have tried others. Looks like I will be forced to pay 331.00$ out of pocket for this medicine. This insurance is the biggest ripoff ever!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

The most incompetent company out there. I have been forced to use them for years and I have hated every second of it. I don't think I have had one easy experience with them and there is always a mix up. I have been waiting on my medicine for 14 days and haven't been able to take it for 9. This is MEDICINE! You can't take it as you feel like it. I called yesterday and it hasn't even shipped yet even though they PROMISED I would have it yesterday. Then a customer service rep tries to tell me that they would have never made that promise. They charge me for medicine all the time that I do not need or take - they auto refill old meds when I have requested several times that they do not auto refill, then they charge me and won't reimburse me because "it's already been in my possession".

They also send me the WRONG meds all the time -- how does that even happen? The best part is they don't even tell you when there is a problem with your order, they just wait for you to call them and then say "we didn't know where to send it" or some bull crap. No one is on the same page there and the Customer Service people have no idea what they're doing. Do not use this company unless you have no other choice -- IT'S A JOKE.

Express Scripts Company Information