Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.76/5
Based on 1,127 ratings submitted in the last year

Express Scripts Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Called today (15 Jan) to seek a solution to my dilemma: FedEx failed to deliver the package that Express Scripts sent overnight with my medication--**. (The driver claimed that he was not able to locate our house; laughable, since FedEx has been delivering all sorts of packages, including **, without any problems in the past). ** is always shipped in a special styrofoam box with ice packs so it must be delivered within 24 hours, otherwise the medication spoils. Since the driver "got lost" on Friday, FedEx kept the box over the weekend without refrigeration. Even if FedEx tried to deliver it again on Monday (which they did not), the ** was probably already unusable. Finally, after a few useless and aggravating phone calls with the unfriendly manager, I drove to the FedEx distribution center and picked up the box at noon on Tuesday...

After this unpleasant and aggravating debacle with FedEx, my call to Express Scripts Customer Service was the complete opposite!!! The female representative was very friendly, pleasant, and knowledgeable. After I explained the situation, she put me in touch with a pharmacist who confirmed my fears that the shipped ** was not usable, due to the length of time without proper refrigeration. Then, she proceeded to tell me that I need not worry because she was putting in a new order at no cost to me. She made my day! Both ladies deserve recognition for showing what true customer service should be like. They listened, understood my predicament, and demonstrated that they really cared by taking appropriate actions. What a contrast to how I was treated by FedEx! Thank you so much Express Scripts Customer Service!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

My husband is retired military and we have been with Express Scripts mail in for years via his TRICARE/CHAMPUS coverage. We have never had an issue and on those rare occasions when we've contacted them via telecon their reps have been courteous, professional, competent and extremely helpful. Further, their online capability is extremely "user-friendly" and easy to navigate. We also get email notifications of upcoming shipments/changes. Very easy to log in to our accounts and see where we're at. They also notify our providers when a prescription is expiring/needs renewal. We think Express Scripts is GREAT.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

After reading hundreds of totally negative reviews, I was scared to death to have to get my MS drug through them, but I had no choice. I have never had a bad experience with this pharmacy. My neuro has even been changing the dosage and Accredo has come through on-time, every time. They regularly call and text when it comes time for refills, and the customer service people have always been polite and professional. Maybe I'm an outlier here, but I have zero complaints about this pharmacy.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 23, 2020

When you order from them for a prescription, it takes them 5 working days to fill it. Then they use DHL to ship to UPS for delivery. It takes a total of 2 weeks or longer to receive the order! I am not able to drive and home delivery is my only option.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 21, 2020

In 3/16/2020 my Cardiologist submitted an order with Express Scripts for ** 20mgs. #90, or a three month supply. In 3/19/2020 I checked my account with ES online to learning was delayed for prior authorization. In my phone contact with Express Scripts on 3/19/2020, Steve The customer service representative stated, "we sent a form to the office the same day, 3/16/2020 to obtain Prior Authorization." He also stated "your Doctor's office has not responded". On 3/20/2020 I appeared at my Doctor's office to learn they never received anything by fax on 3/16/2020 from Express Scripts. It appears Express Scripts is pulling some nonsense in delaying/denying my **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 20, 2020

First time using this service due to the Corona Virus. Has taken days to process my order. Called to ask why it was taking so long. "We needed your consent." WTF? Isn't that implied when I made the order, and why didn't you inform me that you needed it? "It takes five to seven to process new orders." Well, that information is no where to be seen on your website. Ugh. Now I'm out of the medication I need. In these days where Amazon can fill an order in 24 hours and you know exactly where in the process your order is, Express Scripts is an utter failure. And based on the completely unsympathetic response I got from them, I don't think they care.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 19, 2020

This company is a huge rip off. I have opted out of monthly meds because of there policy. After 3 months I have to go to mail order. I have had problems with customer service being rude and trying to log into the website. They Jack up prices unless you use the mail order. I can't afford to pay 3 months. Phone wait time are 20 min. Where is consumer protection and what are you doing to stop harmful policies That take advantage of the taxpayers.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 17, 2020

Wish I had looked up reviews. They fill any prescription they receive without notifying or asking you, and then put the bill on you no matter what. The supervisors are unprofessional and rude. You cannot return anything and now you have to foot the bill, even if you didn't plan to fill the prescription!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 16, 2020

When I signed up on Express Scripts I specifically asked that I not be put on automatic refills. Yet they continue to send me medications I did not request and do not need as they have sent me so many I have a back log of medicine. I could go 6 months or more without a refill. I have called them numerous times to get them to stop, I'm told they fix the problem and then it happens again. If at all possible avoid this company. I would have given them zero stars if I could. This should not continue to happen. I am very frustrated and angry. I don't have money to waste on prescriptions I don't need.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 13, 2020

I have been doing business with Express Scripts for a few years, and they were great up until now. My doctor ordered an ** inhaler for my allergic asthma, which I don’t need very often. He ordered three inhalers, which costed me $167! When I received the inhalers, I called the toll-free number. First of all, I was put on hold for over 12 minutes to talk to someone. After waiting that long and asking if I can return two of the inhalers and get a partial refund, I was told no unless it was an error on their part. That is COMPLETELY unfair!! Why should I have to pay for my doctor’s mistake?!

Express Scripts Company Information