Express Scripts

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

HORRIBLE customer service. I have talked to dozens (probably 40 in the last 3 years) of customer service representatives and they are rude, incompetent, misinformed, unhelpful, poor attitudes, difficult to understand with their heavy southern accent. Even when requesting a supervisor to assist me because the representative has NO CLUE, you still get misinformed. One supervisor tells you one thing and another supervisor tells you something totally different. The supervisors get defensive, rude and have a "snippy attitude" as if I did something wrong.

Every time I have to call for assistance I always try and give the 1st, of many, representatives a chance and I'm ALWAYS DISAPPOINTED! Express Scripts MAKES the patient go through multiple hoops and in the end they still deny you the medication your doctor specifically prescribes. They always want to go the CHEAP route and send generic meds even when your doctor specifically, because generic does not work or has terrible side effects, writes "Brand Name Only."

Express Scripts makes you go through a "prior authorization" process, only to get denied, then they tell you to go through the "benefits review department" only to get denied again, then they say go to the "appeals process" only to get DENIED, DENIED, DENIED, DENIED. Also, because my employer uses Express Scripts for medication benefits coverage, I'm stuck and have no other options to use a different pharmacy unless I want to PAY full retail price.

I use CVS but when I put one medication on auto refill, I got a call from Express Scripts. The woman told me that I had to use them from now on, would I consent? I said I had never heard of them and I was happy using CVS. She said I could no longer use CVS, would I consent? Again, I said I've never heard of the company, and the woman told me if I did not consent to change to Express Scripts, my insurance would no longer cover any of my medication, would I consent? I told her I would find out what was going on from BCBS directly since I HAD NEVER HEARD OF THEM. She said I could not call BCBS, I had to consent right then and there or insurance wouldn't cover my prescriptions anymore.

As we are having this conversation I googled the company. I told her I thought she was lying to me, and no, I would not consent. I immediately called BCBS and while they do prefer you use Express Scripts, it's not required. So this company FLAT OUT LIED trying to get me to change to their company. I did find out that even if you have monthly medications, NEVER choose to put them on auto refill or else you will get the same call.

Express Scripts does not want to manage your prescription, they want to manage you. They have sent a letter out containing mixed information concerning different family accounts, wrong person, wrong contact, wrong doctor, wrong prescription. They have no set timeline to stop sharing this info with others. There was no attempt to fix at the time of the complaint. They seem to think they know what is best for us.

This review is for those on Tricare and have to use Express Scripts to obtain their medications because it is the only affordable option. I have been fighting Express Scripts for years. I either get no meds or am shorted meds or supplies so I can take care of my diabetes. This has happened almost every time I have to have a refill. They have even changed my prescriptions to suit themselves just so they can save money. I even called the FDA to try and get help. I called my congressman the other day and at last got some useful information. Their office is sending me some paperwork to fill out so an investigation can be started.

So listen up folks. In order for us to get this problem solved we ALL have to stick together and work at it. Number one, each and every one of you write or call your congressman and fill out any forms they ask for. Second and maybe the most important thing you can do is on your computer go to DODIG.MIL. After the page comes up click on the red square that says hotline then follow the prompts. Tell all your complaints. Hold nothing back. If enough people do this the gentleman I talked to at DOD has assured me that it will start an investigation there too. So let's get this nightmare over. Call your congressman and go to DODIG.MIL so we can it done. Thanks and good luck to us all.

This is what I sent in this evening, prior to this, I have spoke to over 8 reps as well as now two supervisors. And when I say every time is a different story, that is NO dramatization! Currently at 8:55pm I am on the line, on hold, of course.. Now with the THIRD supervisor.. and once again.. a different story!!! I spoke with a CSR Elaine at approx. 7pm, we were on the phone for well over 30min, she stated it had all been cleared up and no issues remained and my script was in process to be mailed to me. I come back online to see now it must be reviewed once again by my doctor's office? This is now the 10th DIFFERENT STORY I HAVE GOTTEN TODAY FOR **!

This rep currently as I type this at 8:34pm has me on hold, states my script is no longer good and we must get another one? How in the world is any of this information correct when I have spoke with a supervisor and now a rep prior to this man? And this time I get a COMPLETELY different version as to why my meds show not being processed? I have now also received well over 50 apologies today. There needs to be some serious training at Express. No notes are communicated, and then your CSR's get upset with me the PAYING customer because I know what I am talking about. At this point please, please, please send me my meds. I would appreciate a phone call and no apologies, how about a real explanation as to why I have now gotten over ten... ten! reasons as to why my meds are not ready?!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Well in the beginning it was good. Injections were sent on time and all went well. Now I switched to a new injectable and after one month and ordering a week before needed my script still has not shipped. This will throw off my schedule and wreak havoc on my pain and life and they could care less. A rep called me today. I said, "Please ship it" and she said she didn't have that info. So I check online and it shows it was paid and ordered but no explanation as to why it hasn't shipped. The government needs to come down hard on these dirt bags.

Express Scripts started sending me letters, and calling my house trying to get me to sign up. I told them I wasn't interested, and for some reason blocked two prescriptions that I was picking up from my local pharmacy. They scare people into signing up with them. And I can't believe what they did. And if they don't stop sending me letters and calling my house I'm reporting them to the attorney general's office.

Using Express Scripts for medication is a nightmare. I will never use them again. Normally you walk into a pharmacy, check the price for a prescription or use a discount. Either way, you are able to decide whether or not you want that prescription. With Express Scripts, you cannot. I had the same prescription from my doctor, 3x for the last 6 months. The first 2x, they sent me a generic brand for $20. The third time, they sent me another brand that cost $175. That's a huge price increase. You would think that customer service would contact me about the change. I mean the last two prescriptions were the same, and cost much less. Good customer service especially a pharmacy service should contact the doctor or patient to confirm before delivery.

I called and spoke to a rep named Roberta who have listened with no interest. I explained that I received the brand name instead of the generic this time thinking that it was a simple fix. The rep pretty much made me feel like I was lying. I read the ingredients to her, and again explain it is technically the same product just a different brand. She conference in a pharmacist who confirmed that it was the same ingredients, and clearly said it was generic vs brand. And even worse they took responsibility for filling the prescription incorrectly but covered their ass by saying they filled it correctly the third time, conveniently charging me $175. Roberta did not paid attention to the pharmacist. When she finally spoke on the call again it was clear that was away from the call after connecting me to the pharmacist.

I requested a manager, she transferred me to Tim - the supervisor, same attitude, same process, I very much doubt he was a supervisor. He conferenced a different pharmacist who explained the same info, and went further by saying that the brand that they send me the first 2 prescriptions had been discontinued thus why they sent me the more expensive brand. After 1 hour and 12 minutes talking to them and Tim yelling at me, he told me I pretty much got a steal from the previous prescriptions because the pharmacy completed incorrectly. And then contradict himself by saying it was my doctor's and my fault that the prescriptions were done incorrectly. Finally, he offered to reduce the cost by 50% as if he was doing me a favor so I ended with the same product but paid $67 more. No apologies.

One of my prescriptions was not covered by my insurance so they sent a letter to my doctor, not a phone call but a letter. Again, they did not contact me. DO NOT USE EXPRESS SCRIPTS. Save yourself the trouble. Use a local pharmacy, they will help you find discounts online, and if not you can walk away instead of being stuck with a bill.

Although their own formulary states that they will authorize 124 tablets of medication, they would not allow the pharmacy to fill the amount not in question. I had to pay out of pocket for the prescription after waiting 6 days for their "review". Then, after sending them my receipt & other paperwork, they denied my reimbursement. Their customer service is a disgrace. I can't wait until open enrollment is here so I can drop these people.

Dealing with Express Scripts to get a needed medication is a nightmare from hell. Do not use this company if you have a choice. DOD is using it and has used it for a long time. There is something going wrong with this company. The employees stick up for the company also - they've been told to do so. We have been dealing with this company since Dec 2016 to get a brand name medication authorized that has been helping my spouse for the last ten years. It never was a problem for this authorization til now. Now they are only authorizing a generic, which doesn't work, and are ignoring all the paperwork for justification the doctor has sent about ten times, that states to the contrary. They deny they have received any documentation from the doctor to authorize brand over generic, but they do have a prescription on file.

Today, I was told the reason they aren't sending out the medication is because there was a change in benefits. There is no change. They are liars and just don't want to pay for this medication. Tricare should get out of this relationship with Express Scripts because they are just causing a lot of grief for patients who need their medication. The system has grown exponentially in the last 10-20 years and is now so huge it is unmanageable. Every time you call customer service or prior authorization department or any department, you will get a different person every time. It also takes up to 7 days for them to receive and "process" faxes from the doctor, so that by that time, they are lost, and they say they never received them. Then you start the whole thing over again. This has been going on for almost four months now, and they have never sent this medication through the mail. It is a totally unusable system.

I pray that someone with authority in the DOD and Tricare health systems will get wise and look into what's going on with Express Scripts. There is something totally wrong here. They have an antiquated system that forces everyone to make phone calls to the different department -- no emails, and only faxes, which take a long time if ever, to get into their system. I also received a letter from them saying they have authorized the brand over generic, only now they are saying the letter is no good because it only authorizes the brand name drug, but not the brand over the generic override. They said they need another form for that, which the doctor has already faxed to them about 5 times now. I think somewhere along the line, this company is crooked, but can't prove it. There is definitely something wrong here. People are going to be dying because of this company, and they'll file lawsuits before anything gets done.

My wife is on a special media action for a chronic illness. Because the copay is so very high, we get a copay assist from the drug manufacturer. This assistance has always been applied to our deductible and out of pocket maximums. Today, after receiving bills from Express Scripts for medication that should be fully covered (we reached our out of pocket max, or so we thought), come to find out, Express Scripts has unilaterally decided that the copay assist will not be applied to the deductible.

To make matters worst, this isn't just going forward. No, the uncaring folks at ES have decided to make this change retroactive back to 1/1/17. The trickle effect is devastating. Both of us received treatment and medications we thought were covered, that we would not have had performed, had we not been at our maximums. Now, thousands of dollars in bills will be headed our way based on ES's change, made with absolutely zero notice to us, the insured.

When we called ES to find out why, not only were the reps and supervisors unapologetically rude, the only justification for this immense power was because they "didn't think it was fair" to apply the assistance payments to the maximums (they have yet to be able to cite any language from our policy that grants them this power). NEVER USE EXPRESS SCRIPTS! They're uncaring, unconcerned, rip off artists who employ the world's most unabashedly rude "humans" to deal with customers.

I have suffered from migraines almost of my life. About 5 years ago my Doctor had me try a drug called **. I call this my miracle drug. For me this medicine takes away my headache, nausea, eye sensitivity and any other condition that comes with my migraines. I have tried several other drugs but didn't like the side effects plus I'm a truck driver so I can't have anything that will cause drowsiness.

I started a new job last December. Express Scripts is the providing Rx company. At first they told me they weren't going to cover it because I didn't have a prior authorization. They told my doctor I had to try a generic drug (there isn't one) then and alternative drug (with many side effects on the label including "Do not operate Heavy Equipment). Finally they approve me to take ** but limit me to SIX pills a month. My doctor has been fighting this so called appeals process to increase the quantity limit. Twice they approved it and Twice they took it away claiming my plan doesn't allow for that type of appeal process. In the meantime I go unmedicated.

If I agreed to take the alternative medication I could have as many as I want because they are cheap. But the ** are $57 per pill therefore it's worth having a dizzy truck driver out there running over your kids or if he decides to obey the law and not take mind altering drugs while operating heavy equipment he (on some occasions) goes untreated and becomes unable to work and spend sometimes days in a cold dark bedroom suffering in pain. All to save a multimillion dollar company a few bucks!!!

We kept getting notices that we could save money by ordering my son's maintenance nasal inhaler in a 90-day supply. His inhaler is an 80 mcg dose with 120 doses per inhaler, which he uses one puff per nostril, twice a day. It costs $85 per inhaler per month. They offered $213 for three inhalers, which should have saved us $42 for three. We initiated the purchase for the 80 mcg using the open prescription he already had (which had enough refills but was written for only 1 month at a time). They could see the correct dosage in their records, which had been filled successfully at CVS numerous times. When they went to the prescribing doctor, the doctor's office made a mistake and sent them a script for the 40 mcg inhaler, which has 60 puffs. The name of the inhaler actually is **. This prescription is for a 20-year-old male, as they could readily see in his records. They filled it with the lower dosage.

When I called to tell them that we need to return the medication because it was wrong, they said that the error was from my doctor's office and that they would not issue a refund of $213, nor would they send us the right dosage without us paying an additional $213. They got a pharmacist on the phone who said that they filled it with what my doctor's office prescribed. When I asked why they didn't call the customer when they noticed the discrepancy in doses, that it had been filled at the 80 mcg in the past and that the patient was a 20-year-old, she said they don't do that. I asked, well why not? Wouldn't that be quality control? Couldn't they have called the doctor's office to confirm? No. I asked for a refund. I'm happy to give back the medication. It is unopened and unused. They won't take it back. They also won't write it off.

After escalating the call to a customer service rep, a supervisor and a third person, the best they tried to buy me off with was $76.65, half of the copay or some BS. I said no, I want ALL of my money back because I, the consumer, did nothing wrong in this transaction-- except use Express Scripts in the first place. I have since called my insurance provider-- Highmark-- and issued a complaint against Express Scripts. Highmark contracts with this shoddy company-- let them go after my refund. If they do not write off the $213, I will then launch an appeal. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH EXPRESS SCRIPTS OR MEDCO HEALTH. They do not care about their customers. They should take a lesson from Amazon or Zappo's on how to treat their customers.

My doctor's office recently contacted Express Scripts to order diabetic supplies for me. I was contacted by them to verify the type of lancets and strips and then about 5 days later I called to find out when my diabetic supplies would be mailed. I was told they were mailed that day. Three days later I received meds and diabetic supplies that were not the same as what my doctor had already given me and NO NEE GLUCOMETER to use with the supplies sent by Express Scripts, but there was a letter in the medication envelope informing me that a new glucometer was being sent from the manufacturer. Another delay and I need machine and supplies to take daily readings.

Now my husband is the primary account holder in the Express Scripts system, however since we are currently in different states my address is also on file for my medications. Today 3/31/17 the new glucometer being mailed to me from the manufacturer arrived at my husband's address and I am NOT HAPPY. So I call Express Scripts and speak to a customer service rep. I tell her about the mail mix-up and she puts me on hold. A few minutes pass and she returns to the line telling me she is talking with her supervisor. She then returns to me and tells me it's the medical departments mix up because they only have my husband's address and it's not the Rx side for Express Scripts that made the mistake.

I told her to stop because telling me it's not your fault IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. First your supervisor as she indicated was helping her should have taken time to speak with me so I could give him or her the same customer service lesson I gave to the customer service rep. You never tell a customer "it's not our fault" and whatever supervisor or manual tells you this is incompetent and should be replaced. I really dislike doing business with this company, but have little choice and this is my way of venting the frustration I have with Express Scripts!

I have Express Scripts through my employer. Fortunately I also can refill my prescription at local pharmacies. Express Scripts takes too much time in sending certain medications. Also some of the generics they have are made in Asia. Any company can file a generic with the FDA and generics don't have to be tested on people before release. I got some from Express Script which turned out to be much weaker than equivalent medications and it caused me a lot of problems.

I'm writing to expose the unethical practices of Express Scripts. Express Scripts is denying coverage of three compounding medications my infant son (born prematurely at 28 weeks) needs in order to live. I have two neonatologists, my pediatrician, my Collective Health health care member advocate all advocating on my behalf.

Regardless of the medical necessity of these medications, Express Scripts continues to deny our appeals (four so far, over the course of four weeks) with "no clear reason" (an actual quote from a person at Express Scripts). They redirect my calls, close early, have poor phone connection, and keep me on hold as a way to wear me down. This is unconscionable! Follow me or msg me on Twitter at ** if you are going through a similar situation. We have a voice and need to hold these multi-billion dollar companies accountable. Express Scripts is killing my premature son. I will never stop fighting for my son!

Let me spare anyone considering using Express Scripts. Don't use them! They lie, they are bizarre, they are inconsistent and they are all around horrible. They quoted me a price (two different times) over the phone for ** eye drops and said we'd get 3 bottles for $150. They only sent one bottle and still billed $150. I managed to get them to change the bill to just $50. Silly me, tried using them for refill. This time they only sent 2 bottles for $150. The Dr office faxed them a new prescription requesting 3 bottles (per ES price quote). Well that was a waste of time for the Dr office, ES refused to fill the prescription properly and still wanted $150.

Knowing this would happen, I never opened the pkg and returned the 2 bottles per return address label. We don't take kindly to being quoted 3 bottles for $150, then they refuse responsibility. Though returning unopened pkg, they still want $150... for NOTHING. I will NEVER pay them. I have turned ES over to our employee HR to handle the case. We are DONE with them. Please avoid them at all costs, and you won't save any $$ anyways. They will lie to you and send you fake apologies that have no merit.

You would think you would save time if you could retrieve your medications from your mailbox rather than going to the pharmacy, but that hasn't been the case for us. In the past couple of months we have spent over two hours talking to Express Scripts agents because there is something wrong with our accounts, twice our medications didn't arrive and we had to get overrides from the insurance company so we could get out prescriptions from the local pharmacy. It's been one frustration after another. It's more reliable and less taxing to visit the local pharmacy. Well worth the small savings from ES.

Express Scripts is far worse than just bad!!! Obtaining your meds from Express Scripts is virtually impossible. My doctors prescriptions go unanswered and telephone calls to them are ignored. Over a month later, I still have no meds. I find their response to my email messages to be condescending and have nothing do to with my concerns. These people are stupid. So, just stay from Express Scripts.

Express Scripts HORRIBLE. Do not use. My husband's company REQUIRES WE USE this RIDICULOUS RIDICULOUS company for maintenance medications. We wait until - 10 days after the prescription is due to be refilled on HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION AND HEART MEDICATIONS NEEDED MEDICATIONS, refills not new medications. They take 3-5 days to process, refill does not come due in their computer until refill date, they take their sweet time to "process" it then send it out regular mail another estimated 3-100-gift-card-doom days shipping.

How does this company legally sell prescriptions? I do not want to do business with them, I'm made to use them. I called about the prescriptions, 7 days later, I asked the idiot on the phone (who has no earthly idea how to spell the word medication much less pronounce the medication) why was the med so late, but furthermore how are they legally able to get by with this. Please help report them to BBB and whatever can can be thought of to do away with this. It's unethical and NOT LEGAL.

The prices are great. They are open 24/7. Delivery is free. They take care of all aspects of ordering. They will contact your doctor for you. They keep you informed on your order from beginning to end.

Doctor faxed RX on 3/21/17 to Express Scripts. Ship date is 3/27/17 (6 days) and then another 5 days on the ground. A minimum of 11 days to get a RX that I have 3 days supply left!! This will be my last order with Express Scripts, guaranteed!!

This has to be worst company in the world!!! Ford needs to throw this company to the curb!! Our members deserve better than this crap!!! 3 times to call in prescription and they still get it right!!! They blame it my doctors office, did receive 3 out 4 prescriptions, but good god 3 times and still no response on last one!!! Absolute joke! PO customer.

Terrible! Ordered placed for important medications. Called 3 different times and told it was being sent. The last called, she listened to me vent… probably put me on hold. Will shipped in 3 days but again I was told only 3 days ago it was being shipped and I asked them to repeat the information that it was being sent. But payment was due, NO problem... call me. You should have phoned me. I only found this out because I called our doctor for a short-term prep (the guy at Express said to do this) because I will be receiving it in 5-7 days. Guess what? The nurse said it’s not being mailed due to $ and I was on the phone only 3 days prior and was told NO payment due and it was all being shipped. Never again.

In Jan. 2016 Express Scripts without any written notice to me started to enforce a new rule. Only 1 provider could write rxs for narcotics. I see 2 different providers at the pain clinic and it just so happen in Jan. 2016 that the CRNP wrote the rx. The CRPN was then my 1 and only provider. The next time I needed a refill the actual MD wrote the order and Express Scripts refused it. For 11 months I would make multiple calls and not be given any information as to the reason he was denied.

Finally in Nov 2016 after my visit with the MD and the rx was sent electronically I called the pharmacy to see if it was ready because of all the trouble I have been experiencing. The rx from the MD was declined. I immediately went back into the office and spoke to the nurse. She took their number and found out about the 1 only provider and was told that I needed to call for instructions. I called and was told to handwrite a letter instructing that the MD be my 1 and only provider and was given a specific mail stop. I did as instructed. I didn't hear anything and was then emailing Express Scripts to see if the provider was changed. Of course you get multiple people emailing with ridiculous hoops to jump through when finally on Jan. 11, 2017 I received a call that the change has been made. The next time I requested the refill I told them that the MD had to write it.

A week later I called to see if the order was ready and was instructed that it was once again declined. I called the doctor's office and explained the situation and once again the CRNP had to write the order and it was approved. I then followed up with writing a 2nd letter to Express Scripts requesting the change and as of today 03/22/17 I have not heard anything. Keep in mind I sent both requested registered so I have proof of delivery. When we had Medco I never had any issues. Express Scripts needs to be put into their place. They are messing with people's quality of life and are causing severe discomfort and confusion. Worse program EVER.

This place is haphazardly handling prescription medications. DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CUTTING CORNERS AND USING A MAIL ORDER PHARMACY. They send out wrong medication to wrong addresses and charge the consumer the highest price on the market. First, we had medication sent to an address that was over 5 years since living there. Secondly, when requested to mail them the paper prescription, they claim they never received it. Next, they mail a prescription capsule ($140/90 day supply) that was supposed to be capsules ($14/90 supply) and refuse to return the $140 and take back the medication that was incorrectly filled. We spoke with the doctors office as well as the pharmacist at Express Scripts (** pharmacist license per the pharmacist at Express Scripts) and they indicated the doctors office just arbitrarily called in the prescription on 3/17/17 from a visit on 1/23/17. This outfit is killing people and stealing money.

On November 12, 2016, I had two prescriptions to be filled at local pharmacy due to chest congestion. One was filled; the other was questioned and ultimately I had to pay full retail. I called Express Scripts the same evening and was told I would receive a form to request reimbursement. I completed this form providing all doctor, pharmacy and payment information. I received a response indicating the prescription was not covered because I was not enrolled at the time of the request. Obviously, this was not true, since the other prescription was covered. I sent two letters via USPS trackable mail and to date have received no response. I sent a third letter via trackable mail to the CEO and no response. This company is not interested in meeting their obligations and ignore their customers.

Doing business with this company is a nightmare. Their billing system is a setup for fraud. Weyerhaeuser uses them and we are all but forced to do so. We quit them after several years of receiving confusing duplicate and triplicate billing. The statements don't show as paid for a long period of time. Two separate times they lost my payment. My bank provided proof of the electronic payment (I use electronic billpay), but Express Scripts would not give out a fax number or email to send proof of payment to. Again, this happened TWICE. After months of frustrating phone conversations, they 'wrote it off as goodwill'... I paid the bills and my bank provided documentation that ES recvd the payment... They lost the payments, but it was written off. One was $20, the other $30 something.

We stopped using them. So now they continuously refuse coverage on prescriptions being filled by our local pharmacy. It takes multiple discouraging phone calls to get standard maintenance prescriptions filled for both myself and my husband. I need more blood pressure meds to fill my blood pressure meds! They continue to tell us we should use them. My husband decided to try again, but because of our 'past due balance', they want our credit card to keep on file. NO WAY!!!

These two issues have been going on since using the Express Scripts website: 1. I once again paid my bill via credit card for outstanding charges on the Express Scripts website. No confirmation of total payment, manner of payment, or what was purchased is made available via the website. They don't send it to your email nor do they offer the information on their website to be printed. This is a travesty and unethical. Every major website and lesser ones offer this routinely as do all businesses whether online or in-store. The result is I have no proof of purchase in case of a dispute with Express Scripts or my credit card company.

2. I keep getting logged out from the Express Scripts website, another long-standing issue. The site is poorly designed and not user friendly. I have called several times and had to redescribe what I experience every time I call to my exasperation and anger. Not one person has solved this for me. I am near the end of my patience... or at the end. All in all, Express Scripts is a good idea poorly executed. And the maddening thing is, my insurance company mandates that I get my meds through them. Express Scripts must have a friend in Washington.

The company I work for has used Express Scripts for several years and they are HORRIBLE. They are constantly trying to tell me my medications aren't covered under my plan and try to switch me to higher priced medicines. Now my company is requiring us to use their mail service for our "maintenance drugs". The shipments will not fit in my mailbox at my complex so now I have to go to the post office to pick them up. Not very convenient during weekdays. My spouse works for same company and Express Scripts says her medicines were delivered on 3/8. Would love to know where because they were not delivered to our address nor did we get a note from the post office or UPS about an attempted delivery. The government should shut Express Scripts down.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Express Scripts is the largest pharmacy benefit management organization in the United States. Acting as the middleman between drug makers and employers, it provides services such as home delivery, specialty pharmacy management and prescription benefits for self-insured companies. Express Scripts also publishes an annual Drug Trend Report that details prescription drug costs and utilization.

• Online account: Express Script members can create an online account to manage their prescriptions. Members can schedule refills, review coverage and pricing information, check an order's status and find detailed drug information. Feature availability depends on each individual plan.
  • Home delivery: Home delivery through Express Scripts allows people who take regularly scheduled, ongoing prescription medication to save time and money with free shipping and handling. Consumers can add items with the “Transfer to Home Delivery” button to their shopping cart, and Express Scripts will reach out to their doctor for approval.
  • Medicare Part D: Express Script offers Medicare Part D plans with home delivery for members who receive Medicare. When choosing a Medicare Part D plan, customers should consider a plan with 24/7 access to a pharmacist as well as each plan’s star rating, premium, deductible and copayments.
  • Mobile app: The Express Scripts mobile app provides convenient access to member accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Members can refill prescriptions, schedule ongoing home deliveries and view drug information from anywhere.
  • Accreditation: Express Scripts holds accreditation with the URAC for mail service pharmacy and pharmacy benefit management. It is also accredited with VIPPS.
  • Best for self-insured companies wanting prescription benefits for their employees.

Compare Online Pharmacies