Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Express Scripts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

The prices are better from Express Scripts but you would have to pay extra to have a chip quicker so it comes slow shipping for free.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I've spoken to the Pharmacist and reviewed my prescriptions to ensure that they were not interacting with each other. Each time the Pharmacist was very helpful.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Called today (15 Jan) to seek a solution to my dilemma: FedEx failed to deliver the package that Express Scripts sent overnight with my medication--**. (The driver claimed that he was not able to locate our house; laughable, since FedEx has been delivering all sorts of packages, including **, without any problems in the past). ** is always shipped in a special styrofoam box with ice packs so it must be delivered within 24 hours, otherwise the medication spoils. Since the driver "got lost" on Friday, FedEx kept the box over the weekend without refrigeration. Even if FedEx tried to deliver it again on Monday (which they did not), the ** was probably already unusable. Finally, after a few useless and aggravating phone calls with the unfriendly manager, I drove to the FedEx distribution center and picked up the box at noon on Tuesday...

After this unpleasant and aggravating debacle with FedEx, my call to Express Scripts Customer Service was the complete opposite!!! The female representative was very friendly, pleasant, and knowledgeable. After I explained the situation, she put me in touch with a pharmacist who confirmed my fears that the shipped ** was not usable, due to the length of time without proper refrigeration. Then, she proceeded to tell me that I need not worry because she was putting in a new order at no cost to me. She made my day! Both ladies deserve recognition for showing what true customer service should be like. They listened, understood my predicament, and demonstrated that they really cared by taking appropriate actions. What a contrast to how I was treated by FedEx! Thank you so much Express Scripts Customer Service!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

As a Diabetic trying to get insulin through Tricare and Express Scripts is impossible. Prior Authorization (PA) seems to automatically deny everything. Going on a month now and still fighting the red tape. Express Scripts blames Tricare, Tricare blames Express Scripts. ** was denied because not enough justification as why ** or ** wouldn’t work. Now ** is also being denied. My insulin costs in January thru September 2020 with Blue Cross were $0.00. With Express Scripts I can’t get insulin.

Express Scripts response

My name is Shanta and we are sorry that you had a negative experience. We would like to make sure your issue is resolved and does not occur in the future. We would like to discuss your situation further please reply to this message with your telephone number, your address include zip code, and I can have someone reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I have been struggling with this company for years! This last time is enough to drive me away for good. Even though it is recommended by my insurance. I am reaching out to my insurance as well, so they know how much of a unprofessional company Express Scripts is. When I went in for my yearly physical my Dr sent in my scripts for the year. They called me from express and said they needed to update my payment info, I questioned this and I said I only order my scripts when I need them. I told her I knew what was going on that this happened last year when my dr sent in my yearly scripts (they want to fill them right away).

She wouldn't tell me the names of the scripts either.... So I told her that I didn't need anything sent at this time. You would think they would only be able to fill scripts with in a certain time frame, and I have just recently filled them. A few days later these 2 scripts came in the mail. $265 worth. I called and said I didn't order them and they said they would send me a return envelope to return them. I questioned if that was legal (which I see in different post here that they won't let people return their scripts). Long story short....1 month later and several very long drawn out phone calls, and talking with disrespectful "supervisors" I still have not got anything resolved. Even though they listened to the voice message that says that I didn't want them to send this.

I contacted my credit card and now they have started a claim against Express. Sounds to me like a very two sided company. I have better things to do with my time than deal with incompetent people. Great at twisting their stories. Should have been a fiction author instead of Express Scripts employees! All this mess because they left me a message to call them back about a prescription, I did nothing and I have been dealing with this mess about 6 weeks. Crazy.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Express Scripts is a horrible company to deal with. They denied prescriptions that are supposed to be covered, they are deceitful in their answers. They denied my pain meds after a shoulder replacement stating that a hand written prescription was not good enough and that I needed to return again to my Doctor after just being there and get a second authorization. They even went so far as to denied my heart medicine. My doctors have said that they are horrible to work with and constantly say they didn't receive responses sent in. Myself and my Doctors have filed complaints with the benefits department at my place of work to change prescription companies.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Tricare and Express Scripts tell me...they are not to blame, one blames the other and I cannot get crap out of any of them...My wife is stuck at home with IBS-D...They have denied the script because..? The doctor says, "This is what she needs"...tricare/express scripts says..."Nope...Your doctor is too stupid, we know better." Now, if I was not retired military...if I did not have insurance...I could get the drug free or at a 30.00 cost...but since I have insurance, served my country for 21 years...and I am 100% disabled from my duties...my cost in the great USA 1200.00-1500.00 because I did what America asked me to do for God and country (I cannot afford this...This is my entire SSN disability check!)...I cannot get my wife healthy, here in the USA...because TRICARE and EXPRESS Scripts know better than the doctor that sees my wife....They did this before with another drug called ** (another story)

Since Tricare/express scripts does not care enough about the soldiers that protected them...since the insurance companies thinks it's fair to charge 1200.00 to 1500.00 for a 90 day supply....and yet if you have no insurance its is free or 30.00 for a 90 day supply. BUT IF I DID NOT HAVE INSURENCE...my wife can get the drug free or for 30.00 with no issues???? So, my wife is stuck in the house, still working....and yet those who do not have a job or those who cannot get insurance can get this drug all day long~!!! I need help in getting this drug..I have even wrote to Canada to see if I could pay out of pocket their low price...Still waiting to hear.

It's sad I have to write another country as a 21 year veteran of the armed forces here in the USA...but it seems my country does not care enough about me and my family to help us live a normal life. My wife is suppose to have a trip starting on the 11th of Nov, to get an award for her hard work...She will not be able to go because of this issue....bottom line...it's all about profit...not the patient. I would truly like to know...is Express Scripts and Tricare ran by the Mob...because it truly seems like this profit train is making many rich...and making anyone enrolled frustrated because we did what was needed, we make our payments...and yet they do everything to keep you ill or locked up.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Updated on 11/19/2020: I was able to have my insurance company call on my behalf and get me a manager. They are having billing look over this. Still not resolved but hopeful that it will be. Still waiting. So I may know more within a week.

Original review: I wasn't having too many problems the first year I used express scripts but that changed. I guess something bounced and I then owed them money. I didn't know I owed them money since it didn't show I owed any money. I paid for my scripts ahead of time and still received my insulin and test strips. Then I was notified of the discrepancy and my husband paid it, over a year ago. I was able to get my prescriptions again and now they are saying I didn't pay it. This is $100, $70 for past due and $30 charge. Now they want me to pay it again. I can't get detailed receipts of my transactions with them. I don't know what to do. Customer service is rude. I asked them to talk to my husband since he made the payment and he is listed as a care provider for me on my account. Nope. So they just keep repeating what they want to and that's the end if it.

Now I'm almost out of supplies and they refuse to work with me. Instead they want me to to pay an additional $100 on top of my $140 order. I also pay Top dollar because I have an insulin pump and my test strips aren't in their list and their generic insulin burns at the site, so I have to get insulin that isn't on their list too. I've been dealing with this issue. I emailed them last night asking for something in detail to show all my transactions with them. So I will wait and see. Not too happy. I've been scraping by to make it through. I offered to pay the $100 in two parts along with paying the $140 for my prescriptions up front, no can do. It's like talking to a wall. So I swear this dispute was taken care of over a year ago and I have received prescriptions since and they then decide out of nowhere I owe it again. Mind you I haven't ordered and l wish my employer had alternatives.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Dr sent them an incorrect RX, dr office corrected with them, I have contacted them 4 times about this, last time was with Martin B. supervisor, I offered to return incorrect, they said no, policy I pay.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

My insurance requires that I fill prescriptions through Express Scripts and its approved retail network (or else the amount I pay skyrockets.) In the past - at least through March 2020 - I was able to click on, view, and print-to-PDF my invoices when I paid for a medication, just like I would with CVS or another pharmacy. I went on the site today to save my invoice for my FSA filing and for my tax receipts and discovered that there is now no way to view my invoices. I went on the chat service to speak with a representative and ask where I could access my invoices, and the woman told me that Express Scripts would not provide me a copy of the invoices or my paid receipts.

I'm flabbergasted at the obfuscation of my payment and withholding of information and don't know how this is even legal. I have no idea what to do now other than try to find another pharmacy and then, of course, have to pay more. The behavior of this company is greedy and reprehensible; why else would they deliberately obscure payment information from the consumer and withhold personal data?

Express Scripts Company Information