Express Scripts

Compare Pharmacies

Research top Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I'm 51 and living with Cystic Fibrosis. I take multiple meds some of which are specialty. Express Scripts is the ONLY pharmacy that cannot get my insurance and prescriptions correct. They constantly make mistakes and blame it on either me or my doctor when it's their fault and do NOTHING to correct the problem. Meanwhile, I cannot get my medications which I need to survive. I am so fed up with this company that I am going to happily fill my medications through my local pharmacy even though it will cost me more. I wish so much that I did not have to speak with this company ever again. Unfortunately, I am on Medicare and forced to have to deal with their incompetence on a regular basis. I can only hope that once I start getting my meds from Walgreens most of my problems will be solved. I feel sorry for anyone else dealing with the same problems. This company is the WORST!

I called Express Scripts on Dec. 30th to get a renewal on a prescription. The Customer Service Rep told me that she would take care of sending the fax to my doctor to request the refill. Two weeks later I have no indication that this was taken care of. When I called them today, they told me the fax was never sent and that I needed to call my doctor. Had I known that they were going to drop the ball, I would have done this all myself and saved myself the headache. They seem to be able to drop bottles into envelopes and throw them in the mail, but don't count on them to do anything more complex than that. Heaven forbid that they would try and actually go out of their way to advocate for customers!

I rarely leave reviews on companies, as sometimes I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, I have never spoken with any company so rude across the board. The general customer service reps sometimes do not have the best people skills around, but their supervisors and managers make up for it in having a better understanding of the customer's need to express their concern, and then move on. With Express Scripts, a "customer service" class would be very helpful across the board. Both people I spoke with (including a supervisor) seemed quite content to put the blame on my doctor's office or myself for not sending in the prescription refill, and had little to no understanding of the panicked state one enters when they find out not only is their prescription refill not on its way, it cannot even be processed until they once again contact my doctor.

Their lack of understanding, and ability to accept they may have made an error, were completely off-putting. I will not be using their services moving forward, as I do not want to have to follow-up with them every time my doctor sends a prescription, and I do not want to deal with their pompous "we are never at fault" attitudes should something happen again. While they may save you a buck, the added stress is not worth it. Most local pharmacies do refills for extended periods of time nowadays, so that is your better bet, plus you do not have to wait for it to "hopefully, cross-your-fingers" arrive in the mail. This company should be very ashamed of the way they speak to customers who are concerned about receiving their medications, and quite obviously needs to take some lessons in compassion and understanding. They do work with people, after all.

One of my prescriptions requires "prior authorization" an Express Scripts term, for a 90 day supply of a substance that I take once a day. Each time I refill this prescription Express Scripts changes the 90 day, 90 tablet supply to an 18 tablet 18 day supply. The price per tablet for 18 day supply is $2.78 each versus 90 day at $1.20 each. I think it is easy to see why Express Scripts does this!!!

In This company makes it their mission in life to make their customers miserable and as sick as possible. If you take any non cheap generic they will do everything in their power to keep it from you regardless of the consequences. They will delay and make you jump through hoops knowing they have already decided not to let you have it. Sorry 1 star is required.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Was pleased to find out that Pfizer has a plan that for those on disability with limited income drugs that aren't covered on our Medicare Part D plans may be covered under their Pt Assistance program. Unfortunately, Pfizer has chosen to use Express Scripts as the drug benefits company to manage their program. My nightmare with Express Scripts began in Sept 2016. I mailed in the Pt Rx Application which can be had online. I received a letter in mail advising me I qualified Jan 1, 2016 for Drug X. This Pt Assistance program that delivers the drug to your doctors office in your Doctors name and you must pick it up. They send an initial script for 90 days.Then the doc must call in and reorder. The system verifies your doctor and the order by using the doctors DEA number. My doctor decided to let her DEA number lapse.

In Sept when we tried to order the drug the system could not verify her without a DEA number which became problem #1. Next it could not refill the drugs even though the original script is good for 1 yr because it had been longer than 3 months since the last order. Eventually I got to a customer service Manager and he asked me to have my Doctor call him to verify herself. He would not accept her NPI or MD license number etc. So during my Doctors visit in October 17, 2016 she called him. He asked her why no DEA license. She explained "I chose not to renew" etc. The Manager Tony puts her on hold for a moment. In fact 8 minutes of my 15 min visit while he researches something. She is dumbfounded by now as am I. Then he returns only to ask her to fax to his expedited fax a new script signed with her credentials on it so he can process it.

For 2 hrs office staff try faxing to their fax and the Doc office fax. Keeps advising them that the Fax at Express Script is a code 1) Hang up or not working... I take all of the fax attempts reports and I go home and I write the CEO of Pfizer Mr. Ian Read and I share about my story asking for assistance. I get no response from him but I get a letter in the mail from Pfizer Pt Assistance program inviting me to re apply. I'm advised that due to my Cancer and HIV Status and my level of wellness as well as the doctors office is 50 miles from my home I'm eligible for home delivery. Great. I try calling Tony the Express Script Manager to no avail.

Eventually I get a new Manager Patty. She locates my pt number in system uncertain how I was placed on home delivery without a script but says she needs a script signed by doctor. Hopkins these days is electronic everything including scripts. Express scripts is still using snail mail. They will not give you their last name or email and you're lucky if you get a working phone number. I expressed my frustration at their system. Once again back to my doctors office and the Doctors office NP/RN faxed the info to Ms. Patty at what she claimed was an expedited fax number where she can get the fax from.

She claims she received medical info like drug name and dosage but no signed old fashioned script with doctors address etc on it. I called her to find out after another week what the hold up was. I was advised she had called the Doctors office Nurse Rita but just got a voice mail 2x. She says she left message. She says she tried 2 other number one which was main switchboard at Hopkins and the other was endocrinology not even related to my case or docs. So I sent email to my doctor and the Nurse and was advised that the info needed had been sent and Patty had called to verify it was okay.

Now in a call with Patty. I'm told she made a mistake. It was not okay as it wasn't signed by the doctor and was a old fashioned prescription. I contact the doctor who by now is livid and she says she truly believes these programs don't want to help. They just want to stall you from getting the medication. She's already called them, tried faxing them and done all they asked. So I call Patty again... She tells me she needs a old fashioned script that the electronic medical info sent to her anyone can do and it wasn't signed! I share with her Hopkins is electronic. You know signatures and orders are all electronic and verified in the system. Doesn't matter. For federal regulation for home delivery they need a script.

Okay back to the Nurse Rita. Now she upset. She says she's contacted them and all was okay and she done with this. Okay so now my providers are upset with me. Next I receive in mail a new application which includes a doctors script in it and I'm told they need to have it back by Dec 15 in order for me to continue in the program in 2017! Well I haven't still be able to get this drug now since April 2016 because of all this nonsense. So I fill it out, get copies on SSDI letter for income proof, get the doctor to complete her portion including the script on their application sign and date. I call Patty. She gives me her name and address, asked me to mail it to her as well as now I have to get doc to send a letter as to why I should be on home delivery for 2017. I never made it on 2016!

I call, advise I've sent and faxed everything to requested places and let's get ball rolling here. Finally in Dec 20 I received a voice message... "Still don't have a script for you from doctor have everything else. I'm going away on holidays back in new year. If you still need help call Joan co manager at this number." I can't imagine leaving pt hanging in the air like this! So Dec 29, 2016 I call Joan. Again all voice message. Rarely does a manager pick up. I come to learn they receive 10,000 faxes in short time and things are swamped. But this has been going on for sometime now as Patty told me same thing. So Joan calls me back. Patty failed to tell her or leave her file or paperwork so she locates it. Tells me she has it all but needs a script. I think I lost it.

I share that I'm a Nurse and never in my life have I ever had to deal with such insanity. She cannot accept the application script the doctor signed. She claims because it's home delivery it's consider for federal regulations distribution of a drug and they need a separate script. OMG what next? But by now someone had processed my application as Doctor delivery and mailed the meds to doctors office which she was trying to locate and stop!

So meanwhile I had been working with my doctor and she handmade me an old fashioned prescription signed Dec 30. Jan 3 call to Joan. Still needs script. I advise that I have it in my hands. How can I get this one to her without them losing it? She tells me to fax it to her same fax number 10,000 others use, they are very busy. So many people enrolled last minute Medicare Part D and they can't keep up. I advise her not to stop prescription headed to doc office. I will call them and get them to hold it for me till I can get there. So I call doctors office and email doctor to advise them "please hold package labeled for my doctor. Really it's for me till I can get there maybe next week". Joan can't tell me delivery date as FedEx hasn't updated her system yet. She just knows drug left out on Dec 30. She'll call me back.

Next I raised the concern for 2017. How will we get renewal sent? She said "have doc call our EVS system, enter her DEA number and order med." "Ah you seem to forget that doesn't work. She has no DEA # and if I don't need the drug in 3 months will that also be an issue?" No answer. I suggest that they need some QI done addressing the issue of how does a doctor reorder a med in system if they don't have a DEA # to verify themselves? As well as when one doesn't order the med in 3 months the system shouldn't kick one out and cause them to have to reapply if the orders are good for 12 months with refills ordered etc. They send 90days of drug at a time so in effect one should get a one year supply every 3 mths. So Now I'm advised to call her and she'll help me in future.

Jan 4, 2017 I call to verify she received my fax of the doctors prescription faxed to her Jan 3, 2017 as I now have the original in my hand! Yes she received it, all should be okay now but she can't locate the drug sent out on Dec 30, 2016 as FedEx has not updated her system. She'll have to get back to me... Wow I'm outta breath. I'm tired of hearing "I'm sooo so sorry, were sooo sooo busy." Luckily this drug was one for my heart or I would've been dead by now!

Express Scripts really needs to get itself into the 21st century and is this customer service? Pfizer really needs to look as well at their selection of a pharmacy benefit manager unless their intent in these pt assistance program is to look as though they intend to offer the drug and help but in reality they want to save money but having so many doors put in front of the patient that one just gives up!

Jan 4, 2017 I've spent 4 months trying to get my drug. I've put in all paper work. My doctor and her nurse are not too happy with me. They will never refer a pt to this program again. And I still have no drug and Express Scripts is still not sure where it is in the shipping process? Here I sit sharing my concern with others hoping perhaps others can realize they have not lost their mind in trying to work with Express Scripts.

Priced a medication, copay listed as $0.00, black and white, with specific package from specific manufacturer. Great, I requested it. Got billed for $50+. Customer service can't see the quote I received, so an administrator with customer service asks me for my password to log in to my account (sketchy right?) and sees it. She'll contact tech support.

Follow up few days after. Online support "prices are subject to change" - I said "yes, but I priced it again today. It's still listed as $0.00." Customer support says "prices are subject to change" - I reply less pleasantly "it is still listed as $0.00, it didn't change." They'll submit a complaint on my behalf. Website still lists copay as $0.00, which seems to mean their site is inaccurate - OK, fine. Don't honor it like many places would, but screwing around telling me I don't know how to price a medication and your site is still inaccurate weeks after I brought this to their attention - this is unacceptable. "Surprise! You owe $50 even though you did everything right and we told you $0, and we won't fix the pricing tool" Go somewhere else if you can.

Express Scripts have been completely ineffective in assisting medication Prior Authorization from my Doctor's office. After talking to supervisors 3xs now and them blaming my Doctor's office who reports having sent required documents - still nothing. I have been 3 weeks of calling everyone involved, pharmacy, Doctor's office - but Express Scripts just blames. 2xs a supervisor said she would call me back and never did.

My Dr's office does not give shingles shot, therefore sent to the pharmacy to get shot which I was told was covered but had to pay for part of it. Express does not make this clear to the consumer, that they have to send it to you and you have to bring it to the Drs. Other members have sent in their necessary paperwork and bill and have been reimbursed.

After I stopped using Express Scripts, I received a call that I owed money for my medications and that I was late in paying from debt collection. I quickly called Express Scripts and paid my bill. I figured my mistake... and it probably was. I noticed I was receiving a lot of unknown calls all day, early morning and late evening. I decided to pick up because you never know... debt collection. I called them back, told them the matter was resolved. I figured, the calls continued. I called Express Scripts and debt collection and again I figure problem solved. Calls had slowed down, now months later a debt collection agency states I still owe them and I must show proof. I call again and now Express Scripts states they will fax over the information... What kind of business practice is this? I am going to check my credit score now. If you have other options for your medications take it.

I, too, have been struggling with Express Scripts for months. I advise anyone who is having trouble with Express Scripts to use social media to complain. I complained on their Facebook page, and within minutes, I had someone reaching out to me. It did take some time, but most of my problems with Express Scripts were straightened out. I am still having problems though and am taking to social media yet again. I was 6 weeks without a daily medication that I need to take for cancer and I was 8 weeks out of a diabetes medication (needed because of cancer). Calling the company will get you nowhere. If you complain enough on social media, a rep will be assigned to you who will at least try to address the problem.

In the Spring of 2016, Express Scripts sent several duplicate prescriptions and auto charged me. Fine. Extra pills sitting around. In October when I reordered, I told them specifically to remove my credit card and take me off auto bill. They acknowledged. In December when I went to reorder, the card was still in place. I spoke with two "customer service" (using the term loosely) reps who verified they saw the note to remove the card, and promised to remove it - again. I see a trend from reading other complaints, that there are too many cooks stirring. Things do not get accomplished. It's assembly line with no personal responsibility.

I am required by my insurance since January 2016 to use Express Scripts. 2 meds to start with. I set up for automatic refill and received a new 90 day supply before I even finished 30 days, of course the cost was deducted from my account. I immediately stopped the auto refill, I'll order and pay for my meds when I'm ready, not them. 3rd med wasn't working so doctor upped dose and ordered 75mg pills to take with my 175mg already filled.

When needing refill, doctor ordered 225 mg to take 1 pill a day instead of 2. Get an email to "discuss payment"... 225 mg pill is over $700.00 for 90 days... How is that possible when the 75 & 175 together were $64.00? Was told the 225's come from a different company from one rep and "maybe I've been paying the wrong amount" for the 75/175 from another rep. So I tell them not to fill the 225 & asked specifically if the price will be the same if I go back to the 2 pills, 75/175. Was assured the price would be the same.

Guess what? The 75/175 are now over $600.00! How can someone afford that? I chose to stop refill on all of them, weaned myself (with doctors knowledge) off them. I was out of work for 6 days after I took my last pill... basically withdrawal symptoms. Now I am taking a mild anti anxiety medication and the bottle had 1 refill left and I could not get an answer why the website would not allow me to refill. Finally was told I was past the 6 months on a controlled substance & needed a new prescription.

New prescription called in on 12/09/16 and had message they are waiting for a response from the doctor. I called the doctor and they told me they had no call, email or fax from Express Scripts. I called to question what they needed from my doctor and was on hold for 5 minutes until rep spoke to pharmacist. I don't even understand what she told me the pharmacist said but she went silent when I told her my doctor had had no contact with them and I now have a new message on the website that the order was being reviewed for a refill/delivery date. Today I have an email that I am scheduled to ship on 12/15/16. Last time it took 12 days to ship. I'll be out of meds before they get here. Over a week to get a prescription filled attempting online, phone, email. This company is terrible. Sad that I have no other option. I'd much prefer my local pharmacy.

If customer service is unable to answer your question or address an issue you have they will "accidentally" get disconnected from your call or just plain lie to you to get you off the phone. If you're able to get past them to a manager, they're not much better. If you bug them too much they will lock you out of your Express Scripts account so you can't contact them anymore. Had to file a complaint with the BBB.

In hopes I can save others from this worse-than-horrible company, I'm writing this review. I'm a type 2 Diabetic suffering with Peripheral Neuropathy in my feet & legs. ** has been a godsend, prescribed by my Dr. I received a slick advertisement from Express Scripts about how I could save money & time by filling my 90 day prescription with them. I readily accepted, without checking reviews first! First off, they changed my prescription from 1.5 tabs every eight hours to 1 tab. I complained to their evasive staff, only to be told that my Dr. would need to resend my prescription details. Dr. did this & still, I received the exact same amount that E.S. deemed acceptable.

The day I was supposed to receive my next shipment came & went, so did 6 more days. The pain was unbearable & I ended up going to E.R. crying uncontrollably. The E.R. Dr. had pity on me & prescribed 10 days' worth of ** at the amount my Dr. prescribed - 1.5 tabs every 8 hours, plus a dose of ** that night. That visit cost 375.00 plus 32.50 for the ten days worth because E.S. had already put my prescription with them in the computer as having been filled already! Even though I pay more by about $5 at the pharmacy, I'm sticking with the pharmacy! No more Express Scripts by Mail for me. Read the reviews. They are eye-opening.

I have been dealing with this incompetent company for the past 3 weeks trying to get my prescriptions that were involuntarily moved because of the latest law from Congress requiring all military members and dependents to use them instead of locally approved pharmacies to "save money." I never get the same answer when I call, including from their supervisors. They always claim the pharmacy doesn't have the prescription, even though my doctor has verified that the fax was received with a time and date stamp.

I got one call today saying my prescription was being shipped followed 5 minutes later by a call saying it couldn't be shipped. No one wants to take responsibility for all these issues. They always blame the doctor. I never had issues with my medication when I used the local CVS and Arcadia for my specialty medication. Congress, FIX THIS!!! We are being given inferior product and service. These people do nothing but raise our blood pressure trying to resolve their incompetence. In the meantime, they are endangering our health.

I am very dissatisfied with every order I've place. I tried to stay calm with Linda the representative who was helping me fix a mistake of being charge twice on my medication. Earlier I paid for my medication by splitting the bill. Never do that because it is too hard for them to comprehend how. Express Scripts ended up charging me twice. Now if they hadn't argued my medication would be stopped in process of delivery I wouldn't have be so upset. And as I was placed on hold I was playing a game of phone tag with the supervisor Mona. I could tell with her unsincere attitude she was quick to judge my situation. I worked in customer service for awhile now and I understand. But I did not appreciate her attitude. If you can't do your job maybe you should find another one.

My son, who has seizures, is a client of Express Script. On December 2, 2016, I notified them that he needed to have his medication refilled. Their website stated that the doctor had not authorized the prescription and they would get in contact with the physician. On December 5, 2016, they had not heard from the physician so I called the physician myself to have the order filled at my local pharmacy. On December 6, I called the pharmacy and was told that Express Script was now going to fill the order.

I called Express Script to ask when the medication would be ready. I was told it takes 2 day to process and another day to mail. I informed the representative that I needed the medication sooner than 3 days and if I could transfer the prescription to my pharmacy. Express Script representative informed me that I would have to pay $21 to have the meds expedited in 3 days. I informed her that I needed the medication in 1 day. The rep gave me an 800 number to give to the pharmacist to make the change.

The pharmacist called 3 times and could not get through. He stated that other clients are having a difficult time getting their medication. I once again called Express Script and was told by another representative that the pharmacist needed to be patient. At 6:30 the pharmacy called stating they were not able to contact Express Script. I called Express Script again and was now told to have the pharmacy call the physician directly and get a new prescription. Express Script representatives all have different solutions all of which can cause a health problem to the clients. Express Scripts has too much control over a person's medical care since their only interest is profit, not care or treatment, we all lose. Their control over every facet of medical treatment is detrimental to every patient/subscriber.

Several prescriptions were processed through Express Scripts without my prior approval. I did not wish to use them because I have two medical insurance policies and Express Scripts will not file with two policies so it is easier for me to use a regular walk in pharmacy. Upon receiving the medications I returned them with a letter explaining why. They still request payment and have recently sent my account to collections. I never opened an account with Express Scripts and never authorized any of my prescriptions being processed.

** 5 mg (DAILY dose) is the ONLY ED medication that works for me. I have tried **, in different doses, and I have tried ** as needed. Neither of these worked. I talked, again, with my doctor about this and he suggested trying ** 5 mg (DAILY dose), and IT WORKS. I had to wait 2 months for Express Scripts, to approve this Rx. First, the Rx had to be changed by the doctor to "delivery", even though it was FAXED to Express Scripts. Obviously I wasn't going to stop by and pick it up. Secondly, I had to have “prior authorization”. Then, I had to get special permission from my doctor to use the ** 5 mg DAILY dose. FINALLY, everything appeared in place and I was awaiting my Rx in the mail.

Today, I get this ridiculous letter saying the daily dose was denied because I don't have 4 long-worded medical issues, that THEY say I need to get the daily dose. I do not understand how my insurance company that “says” they are proud to serve TRICARE beneficiaries can say I can't have this medication AS PRESCRIBED BY MY DOCTOR. Why did it take 2 months to determine this? Why were there 3 separate issues that weren't discovered at one time? Why does my insurance company override what my doctor prescribes?

Consumer Increased Rating!

My doctor faxed over a refill prescription to Express Scripts for medication and forgot to check the box 'fill as requested'. I was sent a medication that I had severe side effects from. When I asked Express Scripts why they switched the medication, they told me the doctor did not check the box which would indicate to fill as requested and they substituted a generic medicine because of this. Now I I have 3 months worth of medications that I cannot use and have to pay $108.14 in addition to the payment for the correct medication that I had to order today. They should let the customer know if they are switching medications to a generic by calling. Everyone cannot take generic brands of medicine. Is there anything that can be done? Thank you.

I have been dealing with this worthless organization for over a year now, so I think I can speak with confidence on the ability of this company to satisfy its customers. I am required to mail in my prescription each month which makes things even more difficult. Each and every month Express Scripts manages to lose my script, or decides for whatever reason to fill it when they get around to it. If I have to call Customer Service, which I always have to do, I can count on speaking with the rudest, most unprofessional people. Speaking to a supervisor is even worse. Please save yourself the headache! This service is not worth the hassle. One of the most unprofessional companies I have ever dealt with.

My doctor prescribed 3 tubes of a topical cream that I need to use on my hips and both legs. When I went to get a refill, Express Scripts made the decision that I can only get one tube, regardless of the doctor's prescription. I called to explain that one tube is not enough for the large area I need to cover, and they said I would have to get the doctor to send them an authorization. Why on earth should he have to take the time to do that when he prescribed the amount that he thought was right for me? Why should this company have the right to override a doctor's orders? Dealing with them is extremely frustrating. They caused a problem when there shouldn't be one and are wasting my time and the doctor's. This should not even be legal.

I paid extra for a plan under Express Scripts in order to get to use the local pharmacy instead of their mail order. I like talking to the pharmacist every month and getting educated. I was just told by Express Scripts that I will have to use their mail order which is more expensive than the local pharmacy or obtain a pre-authorization every month for every Rx. What purpose does that serve? Then I was told by the employer we buy our insurance from that if I don't use their mail order, I will also have to pay a higher copay. Who is watching what Express Scripts is doing? This can't be legal... making the customer pay more to use their services even though local pharmacy is less expensive. This is America. The consumer should be able to use whatever source is less expensive.

I am going to continue to pursue the least expensive solution. Already using BLINK app for one Rx instead of dealing with pre-authorizations. Someone needs to investigate this company for the way they conduct their business. Are the employers who are hiring Express Scripts to manage their plans really considering the hassles they are creating for their employees and families? Think of the hours at work employees are spending dealing with Express Scripts. May not be such a bargain after all.

I specifically made an account just so I could explain how TERRIBLE Express Scripts is. I am out of town for Thanksgiving and was told by my regular Walgreens in Cincinnati that I could fill my prescription at ANY Walgreens because my information is in their system. My prescription was up for refill today, Friday, and I would have been in Cleveland at the time so I said fine, no problem. I get to the Walgreen's in the Cleveland area and they start to fill it and then stop because they said there is some kind of restriction on it. The pharmacist there said it had something to do with my physician so I said fine I would call them. Called them and they said that there is no hold and they would call the pharmacy to clear it up. So they called and it still couldn't go through.

So my physician's office told me it may have to do with my insurance, Medical Mutual, as to why they had a hold but THEY HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE. So I called my insurance company to be transferred to a department called EXPRESS SCRIPTS. The man on the phone said I had to call and authorize it because it's so far away from where I originally go and that the pharmacist just had to call this 800 number which is a pharmacist helpline to give my information and override the hold. I said fine. By this time, I had been going back and forth for an hour and a half. Give the number to the pharmacist inside and he said "no problem I'll call" and he was on the phone for 20 minutes and was transferred 3 times to be told he still couldn't fill it and was given no reason why.

So I call Express Scripts again, and get a hold of the supervisor who informed me that I was given wrong information and that the "official" answer was the hold was in place for the patient's well-being and overall health of the patient. But isn't a patient having access to their prescriptions in their best interest? So after that he told me the only thing I could do was submit in writing that I want the hold lifted from my account and that I have to come out of pocket for my medication and that I would have to submit in writing again, that I want a reimbursement for my prescription. THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

My husband and I have had experience with both Express Scripts and MedCo (well before their merge with Express Scripts). Actually, not one 90-day prescription for either myself or my husband was ever filled correctly or in a timely manner over a 2 year period. As a result, all prescriptions were filled at cost, mostly through Walmart from their $4 list even though we have coverage paid for out of every paycheck. Between me and my husband, there are 9 prescriptions taken daily. After 3 years we decided to give Express Scripts another chance. It was foolish to believe there would have been changes. Five prescriptions were sent electronically, none were filled.

Express Scripts newest delay tactic is now that the prescriptions must be VERIFIED because they were issued by a NP. Verify what? I could take any of the prescriptions to any pharmacy and have each filled as in NJ and NP is licensed to perform this task (which is what we have been doing for the last 2 years). Yet, the same prescriptions which Express Scripts has sent us letters about to use their service is now declined citing their own internal policy. I did not receive any notice from Express Scripts so I checked the online status then called their customer service. What a monumental waste of time and energy. This company has now interfered with my medical treatment due to these delays.

It's clear to me that Express Scripts has control of not only the medications provided to increase their profits but has now created 'law' regarding who prescribes the medication. If the Consumer Affairs department for the state of New Jersey has determined that a licensed NP is provided the legal responsibility to prescribe medication - who is Express Scripts to refuse this action??? Their logic is so illogical that the only real reason for the delay has to be money. Express Scripts has too much control over a person's medical care since their only interest is profit margin, not care or treatment, we all lose. I believe it is time to initiate a class action lawsuit, against Express Scripts since their control over every facet of medical treatment is detrimental to every patient/subscriber.

I had to make a change to my payment information. The rep immediately started telling what she can't do and didn't ask any questions. Then argued with me. All I wanted to do was change my cc information. Very poorly trained customer service staff. The service is great as long as you don't need help from a live person.

So I get a letter stating that my pharmacy is no longer going to be covered come the first of the year. Then receive a phone call with message saying letter was sent out in error. So I called them today and ask about it. I've dealt with almost every pharmacy in my area and CVS Pharmacy inside of Target has given me the best customer service and assistance than any other. The Pharmacists there are great as well as their assistance. So their phone person really gave me a run around. Still not 100% sure what is going on.

Hate the fact that you find a great pharmacy (or finding a great doctor) then they are not covered anymore. More worried about their own greed and what government gives them than caring about their clients needs. Then on top of that Express Scripts is a crap shoot on what is covered and not covered. I previously had Caremark. Now that was great coverage. Wished my company would go back to Caremark. Thanks Obama-Care and that stupidity. Maybe Express Scripts should go look at #1 companies and take some lessons.

Very frustrated over the fact that when you sign up online, your account automatically defaults into autopay. I specifically told the gentleman over the phone to bill me for my next medication order. Guess what? It fell on deaf ears. Money was deducted from my checking account, and I was put into a negative balance. They could not reverse it since it was a debit card transaction. Now I deleted my checking account information completely from my online account. Not happy at all. Beware.

My son has severe cystic acne on his face, chest, and back. Express Scripts will allow only his face to be treated. The script is written for enough ** for his condition, but ESI, in their infinite wisdom, thinks it's OK to not cover it. The first tube is covered (thank you ** for the coupon - I paid $35). If I want the 2nd tube, it's $438. (For this ESI, you get a negative review. If you want me to reverse it, abide by the Dr. script.) The market is so ripe to rip all the business away from ESI. How do we make a co-op?

Express Scripts Company Profile