Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.08/5
Based on 1,136 ratings submitted in the last year

Express Scripts Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Called today (15 Jan) to seek a solution to my dilemma: FedEx failed to deliver the package that Express Scripts sent overnight with my medication--**. (The driver claimed that he was not able to locate our house; laughable, since FedEx has been delivering all sorts of packages, including **, without any problems in the past). ** is always shipped in a special styrofoam box with ice packs so it must be delivered within 24 hours, otherwise the medication spoils. Since the driver "got lost" on Friday, FedEx kept the box over the weekend without refrigeration. Even if FedEx tried to deliver it again on Monday (which they did not), the ** was probably already unusable. Finally, after a few useless and aggravating phone calls with the unfriendly manager, I drove to the FedEx distribution center and picked up the box at noon on Tuesday...

After this unpleasant and aggravating debacle with FedEx, my call to Express Scripts Customer Service was the complete opposite!!! The female representative was very friendly, pleasant, and knowledgeable. After I explained the situation, she put me in touch with a pharmacist who confirmed my fears that the shipped ** was not usable, due to the length of time without proper refrigeration. Then, she proceeded to tell me that I need not worry because she was putting in a new order at no cost to me. She made my day! Both ladies deserve recognition for showing what true customer service should be like. They listened, understood my predicament, and demonstrated that they really cared by taking appropriate actions. What a contrast to how I was treated by FedEx! Thank you so much Express Scripts Customer Service!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

My husband is retired military and we have been with Express Scripts mail in for years via his TRICARE/CHAMPUS coverage. We have never had an issue and on those rare occasions when we've contacted them via telecon their reps have been courteous, professional, competent and extremely helpful. Further, their online capability is extremely "user-friendly" and easy to navigate. We also get email notifications of upcoming shipments/changes. Very easy to log in to our accounts and see where we're at. They also notify our providers when a prescription is expiring/needs renewal. We think Express Scripts is GREAT.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

After reading hundreds of totally negative reviews, I was scared to death to have to get my MS drug through them, but I had no choice. I have never had a bad experience with this pharmacy. My neuro has even been changing the dosage and Accredo has come through on-time, every time. They regularly call and text when it comes time for refills, and the customer service people have always been polite and professional. Maybe I'm an outlier here, but I have zero complaints about this pharmacy.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

For 3 weeks I’ve been told I have no coverage, when Anthem and Wage Works are able to verify I do, and have paid through 4/2021. No one is able to help given the issue lies with EXS. I’ve paid over $500 for prescriptions even thought I’ve paid for benefits.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Every time I have to travel out of the country for an extended period of time for work or vacation, Express Scripts just can not handle it. They have so many rules in place, it will take you a month to get your medication for a trip. I mailed my prescriptions and called ES to give me an ES address so I could overnight my prescriptions. I wanted to make sure they got the orders ASAP. However, ES has NO address other than a PO BOx - so got no help here even though I tried.

I am leaving for 90-days, I have sent in all new prescriptions and now everything is held up for their review. Even if my MD wrote the order, ES has to discuss and review it. If you have to get a 30-day supply to hold you over for any extended period not planned in your travel- you can not get a 90-day and 30-day supply at the same time -EVEN when your MD wrote the orders. ES only allows 1 vacation 90-day order a year. If you travel for work for extended periods, you will have to go without your medication. They have their rules. If you want to get a 90-day supply from your local pharmacy since they can not GET the medication delivered to you on time - no such luck. NO local pharmacy can provide a 90-day order.

I have now spoken to 6 Customer Service reps at ES including a supervisor (who was as bad as the reps) and got NO help. ES has now stepped into the shoes of my MD and is deciding my health care needs by denying medications. When I accused them of this - they said that was not the case but so far, I have not had ANY success in speeding up my medications BEFORE I leave (may be forced to reschedule my flight).

I would strongly ask ES senior management to start to pay attention to the customer, properly train your customer service reps who were mostly BAD (rude with NO interest in providing you a solution but they are very good at citing the rules). ES needs to review its policies for working people. We do not all fit into your rules and we have NO recourse. Having this group as my pharmacy has been only a nightmare. I will be speaking with my company about the VERY BAD situation with this VERY POORLY managed company. At the same time I have been struggling with ES, I have been involved with Fraud with my AMEX card. Comparing the customer Service reps from both companies - is day and night. AMEX treats you like they care. ES customer reps could care less - and they are speaking with some people who are not healthy and in need of some support. WAKE UP ES management!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

My doctor wrote me an Rx for fibromyalgia. My husband's doctor wrote him an Rx for arthritis. Scripts would not fill either one. The UAW has them for all of our prescriptions, well they're useless. This isn't the first time they've done this either. We don't know why, or what the problem is, but we're so totally disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Full disclosure, I haven't used their services. I wanted to write a review of them though because I keep getting soliciting calls from them displaying some very suspicious behavior. Several times I have received robocalls from this company coming from SPOOFED numbers..what legitimate company spoofs numbers?? Each time though they have included my name and the same robo message about important information regarding my prescriptions so I once called the number they provided to see what was up. Basically the robocalls were an advertisement to use their service. An ad using my name on a spoofed number makes me extremely uncomfortable. When I called their number, the robot asked me, "Do you want to use our service" and I said no. They haven't stopped calling and leaving the same robo message from more spoofed numbers.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Updated on 01/17/2020: This is my response to the latest delay....sent 1/16. FYI now I see this medication won't be shipped until 1/21!!!! What is your problem there. I am without my breathing medication and it is all due to the incompetence of your company. If you see it within your compassion and power the least that could be done is that this is shipped the fastest way possible! This is their response this a.m (17th) 'I truly sorry about this matter, and have expedited the order. UPS Next Day Air AM.'

Although this issue is supposedly "resolved" I'll keep you posted as to when the medication arrives. In closing, I feel badly for those people who are in predicaments such as mine and who don't or can't persist in coping with the lack of true customer service. I am concerned especially for those that are sick and unable to receive their medications in a reasonable length of time. For some people this could be a life threatening situation. Thank you Consumer Affairs for assisting me. Without you I would no doubt be awaiting any type of communication with Express Scripts!

Updated on 01/16/2020: Please see my previous review for details through 1/15 about a medication originally ordered beginning of January. Today on their website, although there is approval, and after multiple calls, they are now saying the medication will be shipped 1/21 - really! The other day (1/15) it was noted as "in process - approved". Why another delay??? I responded to Express Scripts about this unacceptable service.... We'll see their response which I will share with you. This issue is by no means resolved!

Original Review: First call to Express Scripts January 2nd for a new prescription since their website was down. My doctor's office faxed them the 3rd and again the 7th of January as they said they did not receive the order. I contacted them again the 10th as it showed online they had no order. Checked with the doctor's office who had not only faxed but tried to call them with the order. Finally on the 13th I looked online and again it said no order received (yet it had said it was received online on the 11th). Doctor's office called and was on hold for forever twice on the 13th and finally after speaking to 6 different people was able to get the order in. Now today the 14th I got a call saying they can't ship the medication without my consent...I've talked to them daily about shipping this!!!! I regret I even considered going with this company for my meds - back to a reliable company ASAP.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Called to see why my prescription wasn't going through. Customer service told me to have the pharmacy call the help desk to see what was going on. I told her that is why I am calling to find out. She told me she does not have access to that info. Very poor customer service. Not the first problem I have had with this company. Worst company ever. Unfortunately I have no other choice but to use them as they are the company my insurance company uses. If you have a choice stay away from this bunch of jokers.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Express Scripts sends generic drugs from India where production process and cleanness are NOT up to western standards. Europe Canada Israel are all capable and do generic drug manufacturing. TEVA is the largest and non Indian. I NO LONGER use Express Scripts.

Express Scripts Company Information