3.32/5
Based on 1,142 ratings submitted in the last year

2990 Express Scripts Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I have better luck with Chewy and ordering my dog food online. This company is so very bad for so many reasons. It’s is most likely the reason I need half of my medications. The worst thing is my insurance requires me to use them. They are incompetent, difficult to deal with, and they emails tell you you meds are on the way then you need a refill then you need to verify address all to find out weeks later your doctor didn’t approve the refill request. And in my opinion the refill request wasn’t approved because they send 5 different requests over several weeks and after the first one is approved the rest are denied. Hey just an idea, request them all at once. Light bulb moment.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I have been out of my medication for months because Express Script can't get any and can't tell me when they will. I find this completely unacceptable and not up to any normal acceptable level of service. This has happened many times before. They are little more than a pill warehouse that can't keep up with inventory demand. Sad, so sad. If you want reliable service, you should go somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Express Scripts began denying my refills for generic ** even though it is not terribly expensive ($200-$300 per month regular retail price). I have written messages to them explaining why I need this medication, and my doctor has made phone calls and nothing has helped. At first they said it needed prior authorization, even though they have been filling this prescription for several years. So I had to take the medication they substituted (even though I had used it in the past and knew it would not work as well). Then, after that, my doctor tried again.

This time they said that ** was not available for mail order. I only use mail order because EXPRESS SCRIPTS REQUIRES IT. They have just denied this refill and have not provided any other methods for me to get this medication. My insurance is very expensive (over $1500 per month) even though I am employed full time. Express Scripts has caused me over 2 months of insufficient pain relief, and I don't understand why they seem to lack concern about malpractice of pharmacy.

Original review: March 25, 2019

It's like fighting a new battle every time you need a RX. It's a different story from everyone you talk to. But the one thing in common is your EX cost is outrageous. I used to be able to use coupons but now they're telling me that's up to the pharmacy not up to Express Scripts and the pharmacy tells me it's up to Express Scripts. How do you take the medicine you need if the cost is out of reach? No one has the answer. They just keep transferring you from one person to the next.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

With my husband’s prescription needles are required. In the past with other pharmacies it’s been no problem. However since we transferred the prescription to Express Scripts I’ve had to call every time and gotten the runaround. No one’s taking the time to fix it so this ongoing prescription would be filled correctly and I’m going back to CVS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Constantly will reject meds and not allow for any direct comparable that don’t have generics. Refill meds can only be done so long at pharmacy they have to mail... they didn’t inform me and I need meds today. Been here for almost an hour trying to get them to override. Such a waste of time with them trying to find alternatives. No one has hours to deal with their incompetence. There is also a medication deductible that I never knew anything about. Will be putting in a formal complaint to my employer.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Express Scripts consistently challenges my doctor's recommendations for medication. It's only after a fight that they finally send the medication. Who are these people? Doctors? No, just admins trying to make their quotas. Incredibly sad for America -- and those who get their medication via Express Scripts. I had to spend $1,000 for medication b/c Express Scripts took so long so send the medication. This is the third time this has happened. Can we just say it? They care more about money than the patients they "serve." Obvious.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Be very careful if you decide to sign up with Express Scripts. They were managing my prescriptions for 7 years and were constantly bombarding me to use their mail prescriptions. I finally signed up 2 weeks ago, they asked for all my prescription information. I never asked for any medications to be shipped. A week later I received a text saying 3 prescriptions had been shipped. I called to ask why medicines were being shipped and why I had been charged $120.00 without my knowledge. Today I received another text that 3 more medications were being shipped again without my knowledge. I called the first shipment and was told an email had been sent and that I could just call when I received the emails to tell them not to ship my medications.

I never received the emails the first or the second time. When I called today to ask how I could be shipped 6 medications without my knowledge I was told the Dr had sent in the prescriptions so they filled them. Express Scripts REQUESTED the prescriptions! Not ME, not my Dr. So Express Scripts requested prescriptions without my knowledge and charged me for medication I didn't currently need. The manager on the phone today reassured me this is legal and that if a Dr sends them a prescription they can fill it. Seems like a scam to me if they are filling prescriptions and charging me when I haven't requested the medication....

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I've been using an "Animus Vibe" insulin pump for several years and Express Scripts have been supplying the glucose monitoring strips used in the "Precision Xtra" glucose monitor that came with the pump. Animus decided to get out of the insulin pump business and even discontinued support for all of their insulin products. My Endocrinologist procured a new pump, a "Medtronics Minimed 630G" through "Tricare" that used a different glucose monitor (Contour Next) and test strips.

Express Scripts denied the new prescription for Contour Next test strips stating that they did not consider the new test strips a medical necessity. The supervisor stated that Express Script required my Endo doctor to go online and justify to them why I needed the test strips. In their eyes, I guess that the fact that I've been using another brand of test strip for years, doesn't equal a medical necessity. Although the people I talked to from Express Scripts (Cicilee/Imalee) were very professional and helpful, they were restricted from performing any actions because of Express Scripts policies.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I have attempted re-filling prescriptions with this company numerous times and at first, it was advantageous because I was receiving my medications for a much lower rate than I originally was at my local pharmacy. Now, however, if I mail in a prescription or my doctor sends one in electronically, I have gone weeks without my prescriptions and it negatively impacts my work and daily routine. They will constantly stick to a policy of believing they have not made any sort of mistake when their company is the common factor in my prescription delays.

From now on, I have decided to re-fill my prescriptions at my local pharmacy rather than Express Scripts. I would rather fill my prescriptions for a higher cost than have a constant one-to-two week delay in receiving my prescriptions that are clearly written for me for a reason—this is not ** that I may sometimes need periodically, or I would not pay NEARLY as much for these drugs. If you have an alternative to filling your prescriptions here, USE IT.

Express Scripts Company Information