toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jim,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. Thank you allowing us to help you with your reverse mortgage. We appreciate your recommendation!

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you Andrew ** for the professional job he did handling my application and subsequent loan paperwork. First when I looked on the internet for a loan, he was very responsive, not pushy and shared a wealth of educational information with me. He was professional and timely. He answered my questions and kept me advised all the way through final stages. Had he not done that there were 15 other companies who wanted my business. Yes I would recommend Finance of America Reverse Mortgage and Andrew **.

Renee,

Thank you for leaving a review. Glad to hear we were able to help you with your reverse mortgage.

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I filled out an information sheet and several people called me back. Ernie from Finance of America was persistent and nice. I taught for 30 plus years, but I had taken out 15 before my husband died, so I didn't have that much. I only had a retirement, but all the years end and I can't make it on what I draw, so I got a reverse mortgage. I usually could get Finance of America's loan officer right away, but he always returned my call if I didn't. The experience went well. It was fairly quick, not like a regular mortgage.

I dealt with several different companies at first then I went with Finance of America Reverse. They were nice, very polite, always friendly, and helped me along the way especially when I was dragging my feet at times. The person whom I did all my dealings with was very knowledgeable and persistent, but she was very good. She knew the answers before I did ask questions. She knew I had to have them.

Harold,

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear our team answered all your questions and you had a positive experience.

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I had some bills that I needed to pay off so I did a reverse mortgage with FAR. I've had an experience with another company that wasn't positive and when I explained to the young lady at FAR what I had experienced, she assured me that that wouldn't happen with her company. She was truthful with me, and it all worked out in my favor. Everything was positive. The team answered my questions and gave me the answers that I needed. All of the answers that I got from them were truthful. I'd recommend Finance of America to somebody else.

Sidney,

Thank you for leaving a review. Happy to hear your reverse mortgage went so well working with our team.

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

We have a home that none of the rest of our family are interested in after we're gone. So, we decided that reverse mortgage would be the way to do it. We had nothing but good relations with FAR reps. They did a very nice job presenting it to us and we're very happy. Everything went along fine and they did everything that they said they would do.

Glenn,

Thank you for leaving a review. Awesome that your prior experience with us brought you back to get your reverse mortgage complete. Sounds like you had an all around great experience. We appreciate your business!

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

My mom ran out of retirement funds. We couldn't meet the mortgage payments. We needed to get that extra $1500 a month, and we didn't have it so all of a sudden, foreclosure was knocking on our door. We should have done the reverse mortgage four years ago when we first heard about Finance of America Reverse. Although I considered four other companies, I had a good experience with Finance of America's professionalism, personal contact, follow-up, handwritten or typed messages, and little old-fashioned things like that which made me feel like this company's going to be around and that they know what they're doing. When I came back to Finance of America four years later, here they still are, and it was great.

The guidance we got was more than I expected. Kevin, our representative, was excellent. He's a good agent who knows what he's doing and has done it before. I thought I knew more about mortgage than I did but Kevin told me how much I don’t know. They also extended out their option for me to come up with a game plan for future options, which I also liked. He's like, "Look. This has got to get done now." I liked his aggressiveness, which is important. If you want to get the business deal done, especially in Colorado, time is of the essence. It's very hard to get the evaluators to come out to your home. Kevin did a phenomenal job in pursuing the matter and pushing the envelope. Kevin and I put this thing together. He and I were on the same page. He gave me my duties to do, and we got this done in a faster time than I expected. It was a very good experience and I've recommended Finance of America to a friend.

Lorene,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. Glad to see that we helped make the process easy for you.

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

We have a business and we wanted help finding some other business and doing some extra things to the house. With a reverse mortgage, we didn't have a monthly payment. If we wanted to pay $200 or a thousand dollars in one month, we could do that unlike with a regular mortgage. A lady at my church told me about Finance of America Reverse. Their staff were really good. They called a lot and they made sure everything was done. They helped me to get it go through really fast and they talked me through everything. That was really nice and the process was really easy. They worked really well with me so I liked it.

Edward,

Thank you for your review on Consumer Affairs. We are happy to hear your loan officer was able to help you understand all the details of a reverse mortgage.

Thank you for your business!

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I had a few large credit card debts and a bank line of credit, so I wanted to get rid of all those debts to lower my monthly bills. The loan officer from Finance of America Reverse always responded to my calls and kept me informed of everything. The guidance was great, there was nothing that I didn't understand. He explained the refinance options very clearly, and answered any questions I had. Everything was very good, went smooth as far as I was concerned, and I was impressed by that.

Lin,

Thank you for placing a review on Consumer Affairs. Happy to hear you hit it off with our loan officer and they were able to make the process easy for you.

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I hit it off with the girl from Finance of America that called me. We talked about my situation financially, family, where we lived and hobbies. She's about the same as age as me, and answered all my questions. She convinced me to go with them. I didn't really know that much about reverse mortgage and she explained it to me in a very easy way to understand. Overall, they're very easy to work with and it didn't take much time. They would set everything up, including the meetings with the notary. And any paperwork that had to be done was easy to do.

Richard,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate the opportunity to help guide your through the process.

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I was afraid that the interest rates would increase and lots of people said they’re going to. I would have a tough time making my payments so I got a reverse mortgage. I looked up reverse mortgages on the internet, got all of their documents, carefully checked them, and Finance of America Reverse was the best one. I got them and they gave me excellent guidance.

Richard,

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear our communication was top notch and allowed you to get through the process with ease.

-FAR

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I like the dealing with the person from Finance of America Reverse who I was assigned to or who I talked with. It was overall a pleasant experience with the communication with her and what was said was followed up with whatever I needed or she would return calls. I'm glad that I did proceed through having a reverse mortgage put in place on my own.

Deborah,

Awesome! Thank you for leaving a review and speaking so highly of our loan officer. We work hard to find the best people to provide a great experience for our customers!

-FAR

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

After recently closing on Reverse Mortgage with Finance of America, I would like to thank our representative, Jamie **. She is the Ultimate Professional, spent many hours on the phone with me answering endless questions with patience & impressive knowledge! She is absolutely the reason we chose Finance of America. Just cannot say enough about how much her true interest & concern for our particular situation helped to walk us through the process from start to finish. Thank you so much, Jamie for everything you did to help us! I will always consider you a true friend!!

Hi Carl,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse and are so pleased that you had a great experience!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

My house was paid off and I wanted the money for my wife so she could pay the taxes in case something happened to me. The Finance of America Reverse loan officer seemed to know what he’s talking about. I knew when I paid the house off and that I wanted to go with the reverse mortgage so he didn’t have to convince me. They just took care of what I needed. So far it’s been exactly what they said it would be and we haven’t drawn anything out but they're sending me a bill saying how much I had in there. They are very nice about it. I had a hospital stay-in and have put them on hold for a while for about 15 days or so. They’ve done very well and the only thing that I requested is the amount that I asked for upfront. It was there when they told me it’d be there so I’m really satisfied.

Hi Juan,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you and your mother choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse and great to hear you had a great experience!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

My mother and I had been inquiring for some time about what exactly reverse mortgage was and we decided to look into it a little bit further. I got her one from Finance of America Reverse and the loan officers there have always been very helpful. They were good in explaining and answering any questions we had throughout the process. They have good customer service.

Hi Diane,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you working with Finance of America on your reverse mortgage and so great to hear that your received excellent care from your Reverse Mortgage Specialist!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I thought about reverse mortgage a couple of years before but I didn't get all the right answers I wanted. But when I talked to a young lady from Finance of America Reverse, she went through the whole deal for me and has done a superb job. Plus, the guidance from her was excellent. From the time I started until we got through, the process seems really fast.

Hi Lelan,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you working with Finance of America on your Reverse Mortgage. Great to hear you had an overall great experience with your Reverse Mortgage Specialist!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I have a bunch of free money sitting on my equity on my house and thought I’d get some of it out. I was online, filling out a claim at LendingTree and Finance of America Reverse called me. Their interest rate was too high but the lady that handled it was pleasant and fun, and did all of her stuff right. However, whoever they sent to do the closing had to come back three times in order to get it right because they didn’t get all the right stuff signed. But I didn’t have to make an appointment. I told her where I was going to be and what time, and she came to meet me where I was. After that, before she left, she said sorry.

Dianne,

Thank you for leaving a review. We really appreciate your business!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

I've had a reverse mortgage before and I found it better than a HELOC, and I didn’t necessarily want to have another payment. I like the option that I can pay it off if I want to, but I don’t have to. I'm getting monthly materials from Finance of America Reverse and I'm surprised with what I'm seeing. But I'm not very dissatisfied with my experience with them. I would do it again.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing to with with Finance of America and are so pleased you had a wonderful experience working with Molly!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

We previously looked into a reverse mortgage with another lender. We pulled out as they were hard to work with and not very friendly. No warm fuzzy there!! BUT a year later we found Finance of America Reverse!! They are top notch and Molly our loan officer was wonderful and friendly!! She helped us with everything and the process was quick and very informative. Love our loan officer she is awesome!! I give them an A++++ rating.

Hi Jack,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing to work with us on your Reverse Mortgage and pleased to hear that Bunny gave you such excellent customer service!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Finance of America Reverse, and especially Bunny **, their Mortgage Specialist, made my day. There is one heck of a lot of paperwork in submitting an application and in closing on the loan but Bunny ** was always there to straighten me out and answer all my questions, and she always did it in a friendly and courteous fashion. It is nice to do business with someone friendly, and knowledgeable as well!

Hi Clifton,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing Finance of America for your Reverse Mortgage and pleased that you have a great experience working with Ellen!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Our house was bought and paid for, so our money was sitting in equity and we wanted to see what kinds of avenues were out there to get a reverse mortgage. Ellen, my agent from Finance of America, was exceptional. She got everything done right away, and she was very business-like and pleasant to work with. The counseling also went very well for us and they explained pretty much all the reverse mortgages, the do's and don'ts and the good and the bad. They were very thorough and got the job done.

Mr. ** was very courteous and involved. My only complaint was with the appraisal process which caused us costs unexpected and detrimental to our financial condition when it was required that our crawlspace be cleaned out for the appraisal to be approved and completed. With a reverse mortgage, the minimum age for qualification is 62. A review of crawlspaces in the neighborhood that ALL use as storage. Even those younger and not having bad knees or backs had things there. This needs to be addressed up front.

Robert ** was wonderful from the beginning and even when things looked bleak in getting my reverse mortgage, he stuck by me and never gave up. He was sensitive to my needs and sincere in his help. I will tell any friend that is interested in a Reverse Mortgage to give Robert a call. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without your help I would not have been able to stay in my home.

Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that you had such a good experience working with Teri for your reverse mortgage process. We are happy that you found our cost to be well below our competition. We appreciate your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse and your recommendation.

- FAR

Original review: April 12, 2017

Teri did a marvelous job in getting us our reverse mortgage. I would have given her 5 stars if we had gotten it at no cost. However she did do her very best to reduce our closing costs and I commend her for doing so. They were well below the competition. Teri was very astute and detail oriented and explained everything to us to our satisfaction. I would definitely recommend her to anyone interested in doing a reverse mortgage.

Bill,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with your Reverse Mortgage Specialist during the reverse mortgage process. We appreciate your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: April 3, 2017

We are very pleased with your company and representative William ** and the appraiser. William patiently walked us through a very complex unfamiliar product that many in my family had false preconceived ideas about. His approach was educational to give us the information to allow us to come to our own conclusion about whether or not the reverse mortgage was the best choice for our situation. We are also very pleased with the appraisal process. The appraiser did a thorough job finding comps that gave us an appraised value beyond our expectations. Thank you William and all who were involved in this important decision.

We had a need for additional income and bought a reverse mortgage, but the people whom we bought our original reverse mortgage from sold their business to Finance of America. Then we decided that we wanted to do the refinancing with them. Our primary contact provided a lot of answers to some of the initial questions that I had. So it moved from the stage of us being curious whether we could accomplish some improvement in our situation because there's been increased appraised values for houses in our area. Also, we wanted to get up to the $625,000 maximum that reverse mortgages are written for and get the best interest rate possible and that arrangement.

However, as we got to closure on the refinancing, the agent had become pregnant and had gotten a promotion in the company. So, she was less available than she had been and did not respond to some of the questions that I wanted to have answered before the closure. But, it did seem to be completed satisfactorily. We bought the initial reverse mortgage from a company here in Austin and we could get across the table with them and do business face to face. But with Finance of America Reverse, it's a very different way of doing business and the people are not accustomed to that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finance of America Reverse?

Resolution In Progress

Donald,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We will be contacting you to go over the details of your review and your mortgage to better understand what happened. We do appreciate your business and hope we can all find some clarity in the very near future.

Thank you for your consideration.

-FAR

Original review: March 29, 2017

It started out really good with Finance of America Reverse but I was misled on a couple of things. The guy who I was dealing with ended up leaving or getting fired and it left me hanging. And then somebody else took over for him but the numbers and everything were far different than what were told to me at first, not for the better. So I was thinking of having it investigated and calling in to let a professional know that I was very unsatisfied and if there was something I could do about it. And I'm still thinking about that but I've calmed down a little bit. I've been trying to put this out of my mind because it's a done deal. I'm three months into it already. But if I didn't have to go through with it and if I wasn't under a time limit about getting my loan closed, I would have dropped the whole thing. It was really not good. I probably ended up losing close to $18,000 and I really had no recourse.

We started out having plenty of time and then there was about a three-week span where I hardly heard from them at all. Then, the very week that my loan closed, they stopped and it really made me worry. Then, all of a sudden, I got a letter from someone saying my loan has been sold already and I'm not even with Finance of America anymore. Now, I have a company I don't know anything about or I've never heard of.

As far as the way FAR does business, I felt it was almost calculated. Once they have a commitment from you, then they can do whatever they want with you. They told me I'll have a certain amount to go with, to pay off my existing bills and how much will be leftover and that it will be stuck in a line of credit for me. What I found out later was the line of credit that they stuck my leftover money in is the company that has it now and they can take money out of it in the first year if they want to. So, it was almost predatory and it's very scary. I got a phone call from this new company and I told them I'm with Finance of America but they said they're my loan reverse mortgage carriers now. Then, I got a bunch of papers from them and the numbers are a little different again.

People that go through a reverse mortgage are usually at the end of their rope and they wanna save their property. With me, the property belonged to my father and me. I lost him a year ago and I couldn't afford to do the payments myself. My options weren't many so, I ended up having to do it this way. I didn't want a whole brand new mortgage because I really couldn't afford a $1,700 monthly payment right now. We had so much equity in the house and that was the big thing. And it was a negative experience too with the appraiser.

Joanne,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that you and your son chose to work with Finance of America Reverse. We are happy to know that you found our service very helpful and are satisfied with the guidance you received through out the process. If you ever have any questions about your reverse mortgage, don't hesitate to reach back out. We appreciate your recommendation.

- FAR

Original review: March 28, 2017

My son takes care of a lot of my financial works. He was the one who decided to use Finance of America because he had looked into other companies and thought that this was the best opportunity for me. I found them very helpful. The only objection I had is that it was ongoing for months before we finally settled. It seemed to me that the company wasn't just one who was handling it. It was somebody in Philadelphia and somebody out west. It was a little confusing, but it worked out. I’m very satisfied with the guidance I've received. It was very thorough and a lot of required paperwork because the government requested it just for my benefit. I would recommend them.

Michael,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We are happy to hear that your experience with Jamie was delightful and that she was there to answer all of your questions throughout the whole process. Thank you so much for the kind words and choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: March 27, 2017

I recently had the delightful experience in conducting business with Jamie **, in obtaining a reverse mortgage loan on my house. I knew absolutely nothing about a reverse mortgage loan. Mrs. ** told me all what all was involved and did so with patient and professionalism. I asked her many questions about the process and each time she responded to me with intelligent answers and courtesy. Jamie always responded promptly to my phone calls and even gave me her personal cell phone number.

To say the least, I was always thankful for her fast response and her answering her cell phone. She was so professional and courteous all the time. She knows her job very well and is also very personable. I have very much respect and admiration for Jamie. I appreciated her so very much through this process. She was a God send to me. Finance of America Reverse should be proud that they have a real hard working professional lady on their team. She is awesome!

Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. We are so happy that your Reverse Mortgage Specialist was able to help you through the reverse mortgage process to save your home. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: March 26, 2017

Mr. Nigel ** help my husband and me when even the bank wouldn't even help us save our home. Mr. ** was there for us through it all and did everything possible for us to save our home. Thanks a lot to Reverse Mortgage and Mr. Nigel **.

I needed some extra income to pay off the two notes I had. My kids all have homes and my place is paid for. Also, I'm 100% disabled. I got in touch with Finance of America Reverse and I like the guy I talked to but he wasn't forthcoming in everything that was going to happen. He told me that I'd get $19,000 on my first draw and $23,000 on the second. I got some papers the other day that showed what I will receive. I only got $13,400 for the first draw and they're going to hold the $23,000 that I thought I was getting next year but I'm only getting $6,000. They will pay my taxes and my insurance but the taxes and insurance together don't even come close to that. I'd rather pay that myself. I’d have to live 25 more years to use that money.

So instead of paying the notes off, I simply put a band-aid on it. He also said that I had to have two appraisals. I paid for the first one and then he told me the time had run out. I told him that I'm not going to pay for another appraisal. He said that they would take care of that and they did. They took $500 something out of the $19,000 and paid for the second appraisal. I was lied to on that matter. In addition, it took too long and it's been almost a year. I wasn't really happy how it turned out and if I had it to do over, I wouldn't do it.

Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs to express your situation. We are sorry that the process was so lengthy and confusing for you and your grandmother. It is great to hear that Robert was working hard to guide you through the process. Please reach out if you have additional questions or concerns about your reverse mortgage. We appreciate your patience and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

- FAR

Original review: March 17, 2017

The reverse mortgage with Finance of America Reverse was a part of my grandmother's retirement plan and I was involved when we got it for the first time in 2014 and it went great. But because the deletion of people dying and it did not have appropriate burial arrangements, we had to go through it again. On the second time, it took me a whole year to decide because I had to become conservator and guardian. Also, I had to do two different appraisals on the house because when the underwriters rewrote some of the plans, it knocked me out the loop again which was a mess. I really was upset with our agent, Julie, because I could not catch her on the phone. However, Robert did try to do what he could do and he stuck with me through the whole year of getting it done.

I had to sit trying to get it done, but then after four months of filling my thumbs and running back and forth to the lawyers, they finally said that they were going to approve the loan without me paying the VAT. So at this point, I would not recommend anybody for a reverse mortgage if they have debt. I'm grateful for all these extra checks that were coming in. The first check they sent me has an explanation, but the second check did not have an explanation. It's one of the checks sent to me talking about a disbursement, but the disbursement shouldn't have come until a year later. Overall, they could do better if people that were at the top didn't change as many things and that if it was done in four/five months and not for a whole year.

Dorothy,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We are pleased to hear that Marina was able to explain the process and walk you through the reverse mortgage process when you were ready. For many people, like yourselves, it can be a great safety net in the event that something happens. We appreciate your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: March 16, 2017

My husband put out feelers on what exactly to expect from refinancing. Several mortgage companies contacted us, but I didn't like the pushiness of the people that I had talked to previously, and Finance of America wasn't like that. They were just very explicit. Marina, the rep that helped us, had called us and we spoke with her. That was about two years ago. Then, when we decided to go ahead and do the refinance with Finance of America, we called Marina and spoke again with her, and we went through with it.

Initially, we were going to sell the house and move to a one-story house. Then we decided to stay here and do the refinance instead, so when we felt like we needed money, like if one of us got sick, or we had to put a chairlift in because we have a two-story home, we would be able to do it. Essentially, that's the only reason why we did it -- not to pay off any bills or a mortgage, because our mortgage is paid off, but to do it in the event that something happens.

Steve,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. We appreciate your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse. It is great to hear that you thought our process was so thorough.

- FAR

Original review: March 15, 2017

I put an inquiry in on the internet about reverse mortgage in general and Finance of America was the first to respond to the request. The rep was the most aggressive of all the people that called and she came in with a fairly attractive package. Even though it wasn't the lowest, it was within percentage points of the other people that submitted offers. I was already set with what I wanted to do and I just needed someone that I trusted to get me from what I needed to do and from where I was, and I felt a comfort level with her because she was so aggressive and continue to follow up. I felt like she would see it through the whole process rather than just get frustrated and let it fall through the cracks.

I did a lot of research into reverse mortgage and felt it was the best way to utilize our home equity in the long term as we don't need the money upfront. We can use it later in our retirement. The reverse mortgage was 10 times more difficult to do than a standard mortgage. The person we worked with did an amazing job aggressively going after paperwork she needed. If we didn't have it initially, she would call people, insurance agents, and do anything she needed in order to get the process completed. Overall, it was very thorough.

Bob,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse. We are happy to hear that you were very pleased with our service and that we were able to make you feel comfortable through the whole process. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you in the future.

- FAR

Original review: March 14, 2017

I lost my job and the reverse mortgage made social security enough. Finance of America Reverse reacted quickly and got through the process amazingly fast. The loan officer was extremely professional, friendly, and responsive. Also made me feel comfortable, and never left me hanging wondering what’s going on. And sometimes called just to check-in. I really enjoyed it. When I’m eligible to refile it again in 18 months, they’ll be my first choice.

Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your first ever review with Consumer for Finance of America Reverse. We are so happy to hear that Matthew and the team was able to answer all of your questions and make sure that everything went smoothly. We appreciate your kind words and recommendation.

Original review: March 13, 2017

This is my first review ever. I am doing it to take the fear away from other seniors who may be rethinking the golden years. I was very skeptical of the entire process to begin with. After talking with a lawyer, and mortgage broker I decided too deep to my toe into the process. I felt lucky to talk to a representative Matthew ** of Finance of America. He answered all my questions, and many I didn't know I needed to ask. I was still in the research mode - he stayed with me for over 5 months to help me through my decision process. I would like to add always with a cheerful demeanor. Once I made the decision to proceed - the entire team, Mike **, Crystal **, and Marci ** more than PHENOMENAL. If you are on the fence - this is a vote for Finance of America.

Donald,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. We are happy to hear that William and Jasmine were able to provide you with superlative assistance through the process and answering all of your questions. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Recently I applied for a reverse mortgage with Finance of America. William and Jasmine provided me with superlative assistance. Their expert knowledge and assistance made the entire process smooth and seamless. They were like a well oiled machine that made the entire process simple and pleasant. They had ready answers for my array of questions about the bewildering and complex process of a reverse mortgage.

I found Finance of America Reverse on the internet and went with them because of the people I talked to. However, I didn’t know that they would only give me a certain amount of money the first year. I assumed that they had a loan on the house that they were collecting interest on.

Bethine,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. We're happy to hear that Linda was able to guide you through the entire process professionally by answering all of your questions and concerns quickly and efficiently. We appreciate your recommendation and business.

Original review: March 9, 2017

We recently finalized our reverse mortgage. Our specialist was Linda **. She guided us through the entire process professionally. She answered all of our questions and concerns quickly and efficiently. We would definitely recommend Mrs. ** as a specialist.

John and Betty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. It is great to know that you all had such a wonderful experience working with William to get through the reverse mortgage process. We work very hard to make sure the process can go as easily as possible. We appreciate your recommendation and choice to work with Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: March 9, 2017

WE knew virtually nothing about Reverse Mortgages and just got online to see what we could find out. Finance of America's William ** was the first one to answer our queries and we were so pleased with all the information that we received from him. He was honest, and patient and answered every question we had, and made sure we understood everything along the way. He was there for us from the beginning until the end. I don't know how anyone could be any better at working through every step of the way. We had heard some horror stories about the process taking so long, but ours was over in less than a month from start to finish! We would not hesitate to recommend Finance of America to anyone!

Melvin,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. You're right mortgages and reverse mortgages do seem to have a long process. We are so happy to hear though that Jamie and Julie were able to guide you through the process to get you what you need. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

- FAR

Original review: March 8, 2017

Getting any mortgage now seems to be time consuming and difficult. Getting a reverse mortgage may be even more tedious. However, I have nothing but praise for Jamie **, the specialist, and Julie **, the processor, both from Finance of America Reverse, who guided me through the system and finally got it done. This is a good product for people with a situation like ours, but you will need help from someone with expertise, experience and patience.

Serge,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. It sounds like you had a great experience with your Reverse Mortgage Specialist and were able to get everything you needed in a pleasant, efficient, and diligent manner. We appreciate your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse and feel free to reach back out with any questions you have in the future.

Original review: March 5, 2017

I wanted to avoid paying mortgage monthly so I chose a reverse mortgage. I put a question online and there were a couple of companies that came up and offered their services. Finance of America's representative was very pleasant, efficient, and explained everything that was involved. She delivered everything she promised. I'm on $6,000 plus per year on mortgage payments and it's safe as long as my wife and I are here. Nobody's going to throw us on the street if we don't make payments or we have to do it to pay taxes and insurances, which is affordable.

John and Betty,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. It is great that Mr. William was able to keep you informed every step of the way. Thank you for your recommendation and allowing us the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: March 5, 2017

We went into inquiring about a reverse mortgage with no knowledge whatsoever! We were lucky to have Mr. William ** be the gentleman that helped us. He was very thorough giving us every bit of information needed. He kept us informed every step of the way. We would highly recommend William ** and the co. He represents Finance of America.

Patricia,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. It sounds like you and Stacy hit it off at the beginning and throughout the process. You can never be too careful. We're happy we were able to help you. Thank you for choosing Finance of America Reverse and feel free to reach out anytime you have any additional questions about your reverse mortgage.

- FAR

Original review: March 4, 2017

One of the main things that made me pick Finance of America Reverse was when they had the inspection at my house, they didn't make me pay for it ahead of time and they took it out of my money. They couldn't have done the reverse mortgage if they didn't do that because I didn't have money to start with, so that was good. I also liked Stacy a lot. I liked her personality and the way she handled everything. She was very friendly, helpful and she was always with me no matter what. I called her about something I got in the mail that I didn't understand. Then, she had me mail it to her and she figured that it was a fraud thing, which I thought it was. She took her time and talked to me anytime. I've received very good guidance. It's been a very positive experience.

Christine,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. We take pride in the rating our customers give us because of the hard work we put in. We are so happy that Rob was able to answer your questions as quickly as possible and that everything went smoothly in your reverse mortgage process.

- FAR

Original review: March 3, 2017

To free up some money, I considered doing a reverse mortgage. I went with Finance of America Reverse because they had the highest rating. I was also interested with them because their settlement cost was lower than the two other quotes that I’ve received. Moreover, I did very well with their representative whom I spoke to at first. Robert "Rob", the loan officer was very pleasant to deal with as well. He was very knowledgeable and patient. Anytime I had questions, I was free to call him and he would answer my questions or he would get back to me as soon as possible. Because of him, everything went so well. Every time there was something new coming up, he would call and explain to me and I was never feeling like I don't know what I'm doing or don't know what's happening. I would recommend him myself as the person to go to.

The company was great and everything went smoothly. The people that work for them like the appraiser and the processor were very accommodating and nice. I did like the idea when they sent me the first package, which has the estimates, more or less of the finance that are available and how it works. Overall, my experience with them was the easiest from what I expected. It was quick and satisfying.

Jerry,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. We are happy that your loan officer was there for you every step of the way to answer your questions and guide you through the process. If you ever have any questions about your reverse mortgage don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for your recommendation.

- FAR

Original review: March 2, 2017

My wife's 68 and I'm 76. We still have a pretty good-sized house payment and we want to do other things besides work. Finance of America Reverse was recommended by friends. Our loan officer was very good because if we had any problems, we could call him any time of the day. We had a cell phone number and telephone number where he lives and we talk to him several times in the evening after my wife got off work. However, we weren't aware of the company that took over the monthly correspondence to us with our balances and things. And there was that other company that came to us without us knowing who they were and we were reluctant to give them any information. But it got straightened out. The whole process took a little longer than we wanted but overall, Finance of America was excellent and we've recommended them to others as well.

Judy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. We are so happy that you and Troy clicked on the first conversation and that all of the guidance you received was good. We are happy to help you stay in your home. Thank you for your recommendation and your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: March 1, 2017

I absolutely clicked with Troy from Finance of America Reverse on the first conversation I had with him. I like him and I like where he's coming from. He's a gentleman and I like working with him. Also, the guidance I've received was good. The truth to the matter is I went against everyone by choosing a reverse mortgage. But, the bottom line was they told me it was my decision and I couldn't live in my house without one. They thought it would be a good idea for me to just go into a townhome. Although, I chose to stay in my own home and I made up my mind. I feel good about that and they have accepted it since there's nothing they can do about it. It's my life. It was a positive experience. I would recommend them especially, Troy.

Robert,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs and speaking so highly of your loan officer and the service you received at Finance of America Reverse. Sounds like you had an all around great experience. Thank you for choosing Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

William ** and his colleagues of Finance of America Reverse were a pleasure to work with. They made the reverse mortgage experience pleasurable by keeping me informed and up to date during the entire process. I was equipped with all the information I needed in order to make the correct choice of products. Once I made a decision the loan closed in lightning speed and without a hitch. Anyone of retirement age, own their home and considering a Reverse Mortgage would benefit immensely by speaking with William. He is a very honest and forthright guy and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him and his team. William it was wonderful doing business with you!

Sherry,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. We're happy to hear that your Reverse Mortgage Specialist was able to answer all of your questions and walk you through the process easily. We appreciate you choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse and feel free to contact us with additional questions about your reverse mortgage anytime.

- FAR

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I needed some cash and the equity in my house was the only real asset I had. I worked with Finance of America Reverse and with loan officer Derek who was great. I liked him and he did a very good job of keeping me informed on what I needed to do and taking care of all my issues. He was very nice, wasn't pushy, and I was very happy with him. I asked a lot of questions and I was given the information I needed to make an appropriate decision. Everything wasn't done perfectly in some of the paperwork things, like for the direct deposit. Also, although it's not a real issue right now, I keep getting stuff that there's a $500 and $10,000 lien on my property. I don't get that and it's always the same amount, which that wasn't the value of my house.

Douglas,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience with our service and your loan officer. We appreciate you choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse and your recommendation.

- FAR

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I had a very positive experience with Finance of America and most notably Christopher **. Chris was there for us every step of the way. I would recommend Finance of America to anyone looking at a reverse mortgage.

Tuan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. That is great that you and your financial adviser see the value that a reverse mortgage could possibly provide to people in retirement. We are happy that your reverse mortgage process was simple, clear and understandable. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

My financial advisor recommended me Finance of America Reverse. The reps explained to me what I can offer and I have to make an appointment with the counseling section. After I get through with that, they said that I will qualify and go back to the field application. They have the appraisal and they check everything to make sure I have enough money to pay for my daily living. And then after I qualify, they approve so it takes about three months. It was simple, clear and understandable. The reps were friendly and they helped me a lot whenever we need to question the expense with us. They also let me know what I have to do to approve it. I have to pay my current home insurance and take care of my house in condition. All in all, Finance of America Reverse is a good program and this is my second month with them. It's some extra, steady income and it helps a lot especially for retirement people like me.

Finance of America Reverse Company Profile