toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jim,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. Thank you allowing us to help you with your reverse mortgage. We appreciate your recommendation!

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you Andrew ** for the professional job he did handling my application and subsequent loan paperwork. First when I looked on the internet for a loan, he was very responsive, not pushy and shared a wealth of educational information with me. He was professional and timely. He answered my questions and kept me advised all the way through final stages. Had he not done that there were 15 other companies who wanted my business. Yes I would recommend Finance of America Reverse Mortgage and Andrew **.

Renee,

Thank you for leaving a review. Glad to hear we were able to help you with your reverse mortgage.

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I filled out an information sheet and several people called me back. Ernie from Finance of America was persistent and nice. I taught for 30 plus years, but I had taken out 15 before my husband died, so I didn't have that much. I only had a retirement, but all the years end and I can't make it on what I draw, so I got a reverse mortgage. I usually could get Finance of America's loan officer right away, but he always returned my call if I didn't. The experience went well. It was fairly quick, not like a regular mortgage.

I dealt with several different companies at first then I went with Finance of America Reverse. They were nice, very polite, always friendly, and helped me along the way especially when I was dragging my feet at times. The person whom I did all my dealings with was very knowledgeable and persistent, but she was very good. She knew the answers before I did ask questions. She knew I had to have them.

Harold,

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear our team answered all your questions and you had a positive experience.

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I had some bills that I needed to pay off so I did a reverse mortgage with FAR. I've had an experience with another company that wasn't positive and when I explained to the young lady at FAR what I had experienced, she assured me that that wouldn't happen with her company. She was truthful with me, and it all worked out in my favor. Everything was positive. The team answered my questions and gave me the answers that I needed. All of the answers that I got from them were truthful. I'd recommend Finance of America to somebody else.

Sidney,

Thank you for leaving a review. Happy to hear your reverse mortgage went so well working with our team.

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

We have a home that none of the rest of our family are interested in after we're gone. So, we decided that reverse mortgage would be the way to do it. We had nothing but good relations with FAR reps. They did a very nice job presenting it to us and we're very happy. Everything went along fine and they did everything that they said they would do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finance of America Reverse?

Glenn,

Thank you for leaving a review. Awesome that your prior experience with us brought you back to get your reverse mortgage complete. Sounds like you had an all around great experience. We appreciate your business!

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

My mom ran out of retirement funds. We couldn't meet the mortgage payments. We needed to get that extra $1500 a month, and we didn't have it so all of a sudden, foreclosure was knocking on our door. We should have done the reverse mortgage four years ago when we first heard about Finance of America Reverse. Although I considered four other companies, I had a good experience with Finance of America's professionalism, personal contact, follow-up, handwritten or typed messages, and little old-fashioned things like that which made me feel like this company's going to be around and that they know what they're doing. When I came back to Finance of America four years later, here they still are, and it was great.

The guidance we got was more than I expected. Kevin, our representative, was excellent. He's a good agent who knows what he's doing and has done it before. I thought I knew more about mortgage than I did but Kevin told me how much I don’t know. They also extended out their option for me to come up with a game plan for future options, which I also liked. He's like, "Look. This has got to get done now." I liked his aggressiveness, which is important. If you want to get the business deal done, especially in Colorado, time is of the essence. It's very hard to get the evaluators to come out to your home. Kevin did a phenomenal job in pursuing the matter and pushing the envelope. Kevin and I put this thing together. He and I were on the same page. He gave me my duties to do, and we got this done in a faster time than I expected. It was a very good experience and I've recommended Finance of America to a friend.

Lorene,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. Glad to see that we helped make the process easy for you.

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

We have a business and we wanted help finding some other business and doing some extra things to the house. With a reverse mortgage, we didn't have a monthly payment. If we wanted to pay $200 or a thousand dollars in one month, we could do that unlike with a regular mortgage. A lady at my church told me about Finance of America Reverse. Their staff were really good. They called a lot and they made sure everything was done. They helped me to get it go through really fast and they talked me through everything. That was really nice and the process was really easy. They worked really well with me so I liked it.

Edward,

Thank you for your review on Consumer Affairs. We are happy to hear your loan officer was able to help you understand all the details of a reverse mortgage.

Thank you for your business!

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I had a few large credit card debts and a bank line of credit, so I wanted to get rid of all those debts to lower my monthly bills. The loan officer from Finance of America Reverse always responded to my calls and kept me informed of everything. The guidance was great, there was nothing that I didn't understand. He explained the refinance options very clearly, and answered any questions I had. Everything was very good, went smooth as far as I was concerned, and I was impressed by that.

Lin,

Thank you for placing a review on Consumer Affairs. Happy to hear you hit it off with our loan officer and they were able to make the process easy for you.

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I hit it off with the girl from Finance of America that called me. We talked about my situation financially, family, where we lived and hobbies. She's about the same as age as me, and answered all my questions. She convinced me to go with them. I didn't really know that much about reverse mortgage and she explained it to me in a very easy way to understand. Overall, they're very easy to work with and it didn't take much time. They would set everything up, including the meetings with the notary. And any paperwork that had to be done was easy to do.

Richard,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate the opportunity to help guide your through the process.

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I was afraid that the interest rates would increase and lots of people said they’re going to. I would have a tough time making my payments so I got a reverse mortgage. I looked up reverse mortgages on the internet, got all of their documents, carefully checked them, and Finance of America Reverse was the best one. I got them and they gave me excellent guidance.

Richard,

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear our communication was top notch and allowed you to get through the process with ease.

-FAR

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I like the dealing with the person from Finance of America Reverse who I was assigned to or who I talked with. It was overall a pleasant experience with the communication with her and what was said was followed up with whatever I needed or she would return calls. I'm glad that I did proceed through having a reverse mortgage put in place on my own.

Deborah,

Awesome! Thank you for leaving a review and speaking so highly of our loan officer. We work hard to find the best people to provide a great experience for our customers!

-FAR

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

After recently closing on Reverse Mortgage with Finance of America, I would like to thank our representative, Jamie **. She is the Ultimate Professional, spent many hours on the phone with me answering endless questions with patience & impressive knowledge! She is absolutely the reason we chose Finance of America. Just cannot say enough about how much her true interest & concern for our particular situation helped to walk us through the process from start to finish. Thank you so much, Jamie for everything you did to help us! I will always consider you a true friend!!

Hi Carl,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse and are so pleased that you had a great experience!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

My house was paid off and I wanted the money for my wife so she could pay the taxes in case something happened to me. The Finance of America Reverse loan officer seemed to know what he’s talking about. I knew when I paid the house off and that I wanted to go with the reverse mortgage so he didn’t have to convince me. They just took care of what I needed. So far it’s been exactly what they said it would be and we haven’t drawn anything out but they're sending me a bill saying how much I had in there. They are very nice about it. I had a hospital stay-in and have put them on hold for a while for about 15 days or so. They’ve done very well and the only thing that I requested is the amount that I asked for upfront. It was there when they told me it’d be there so I’m really satisfied.

Hi Juan,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you and your mother choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse and great to hear you had a great experience!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

My mother and I had been inquiring for some time about what exactly reverse mortgage was and we decided to look into it a little bit further. I got her one from Finance of America Reverse and the loan officers there have always been very helpful. They were good in explaining and answering any questions we had throughout the process. They have good customer service.

Hi Diane,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you working with Finance of America on your reverse mortgage and so great to hear that your received excellent care from your Reverse Mortgage Specialist!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I thought about reverse mortgage a couple of years before but I didn't get all the right answers I wanted. But when I talked to a young lady from Finance of America Reverse, she went through the whole deal for me and has done a superb job. Plus, the guidance from her was excellent. From the time I started until we got through, the process seems really fast.

Hi Lelan,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you working with Finance of America on your Reverse Mortgage. Great to hear you had an overall great experience with your Reverse Mortgage Specialist!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I have a bunch of free money sitting on my equity on my house and thought I’d get some of it out. I was online, filling out a claim at LendingTree and Finance of America Reverse called me. Their interest rate was too high but the lady that handled it was pleasant and fun, and did all of her stuff right. However, whoever they sent to do the closing had to come back three times in order to get it right because they didn’t get all the right stuff signed. But I didn’t have to make an appointment. I told her where I was going to be and what time, and she came to meet me where I was. After that, before she left, she said sorry.

Dianne,

Thank you for leaving a review. We really appreciate your business!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

I've had a reverse mortgage before and I found it better than a HELOC, and I didn’t necessarily want to have another payment. I like the option that I can pay it off if I want to, but I don’t have to. I'm getting monthly materials from Finance of America Reverse and I'm surprised with what I'm seeing. But I'm not very dissatisfied with my experience with them. I would do it again.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing to with with Finance of America and are so pleased you had a wonderful experience working with Molly!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

We previously looked into a reverse mortgage with another lender. We pulled out as they were hard to work with and not very friendly. No warm fuzzy there!! BUT a year later we found Finance of America Reverse!! They are top notch and Molly our loan officer was wonderful and friendly!! She helped us with everything and the process was quick and very informative. Love our loan officer she is awesome!! I give them an A++++ rating.

Hi Jack,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing to work with us on your Reverse Mortgage and pleased to hear that Bunny gave you such excellent customer service!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Finance of America Reverse, and especially Bunny **, their Mortgage Specialist, made my day. There is one heck of a lot of paperwork in submitting an application and in closing on the loan but Bunny ** was always there to straighten me out and answer all my questions, and she always did it in a friendly and courteous fashion. It is nice to do business with someone friendly, and knowledgeable as well!

Hi Clifton,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing Finance of America for your Reverse Mortgage and pleased that you have a great experience working with Ellen!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Our house was bought and paid for, so our money was sitting in equity and we wanted to see what kinds of avenues were out there to get a reverse mortgage. Ellen, my agent from Finance of America, was exceptional. She got everything done right away, and she was very business-like and pleasant to work with. The counseling also went very well for us and they explained pretty much all the reverse mortgages, the do's and don'ts and the good and the bad. They were very thorough and got the job done.

From the first phone call to the completion of our reverse mortgage, Nicole was the ultimate professional and compassionate listener. Her knowledge about her field of practice was vast, her problem-solving skills were superb, her ability to listen to us, and have compassion about our situation was wonderfully soothing and calming as she let us know she would go the extra mile for us...and she did. She fought hard to make our situation better and she did. She was our champion, overcoming all obstacles, and she was successful in completing our goal. Thank you, Nicole, for all of your hard work on our behalf.

Peggy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. We are so happy to hear that you had such a great customer experience working with Nicole. It is great to know that our Reverse Mortgage Specialist made such a positive impact. We appreciate your choice to work with us at Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Reverse mortgage worked for me! Nicole ** worked diligently on my reverse mortgage from the start. She was faced with so many unusual situations but she plunged through these problems and kept me informed. She kept me motivated and showed me encouragement when it was needed. She also helped me feel confident that things would work out. With all her hard work I finally closed on January 2017! All I can say is "Nicole ** is amazing".

Diane,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We are happy that we were able to help you through the reverse mortgage process smoothly and to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I don’t have any children and I have $500,000 worth of equity in my home, so I looked into a reverse mortgage as part of my retirement plan. I thought I'd just get a monthly payment until I pass away. I compared companies, and my monthly amount was larger at Finance of America so I went with them. The conditions for me to get my reverse mortgage were very limited, and my experience with Finance of America helped me. It was a very smooth transition and I'm very happy.

Linda,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you speaking so highly of our Reverse Mortgage Specialist. We are glad that they were able to provide you with great customer service through the whole process. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

William ** & his associate Jasmine not only helpful but professional and went beyond to make everything smooth, but gave us everything that what would every step of the way to be expected. We had shopped around a little and found they were the most helpful, but the best & easiest route to what we wanted to achieve. In the end they went beyond because of their experience. We are grateful.

Susan,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We are happy to hear that everything went as planned and that our Reverse Mortgage Specialist was really friendly to work with. We appreciate your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Because it was available and I needed extra money at that time to help with expenses, I decided to look into a reverse mortgage and went with Finance of America Reverse. My experience with them went fine. The Finance of America loan agent was really friendly to work with. Everything was explained step by step, and I didn’t have any problems at all.

William,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that everyone was very helpful and able to answer all of your questions to walk you through the reverse mortgage process. We appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I wanted to put an addition on the house so I can stay in the house, and I got a reverse mortgage. I reviewed the opinions from other users that were available and Finance of America Reverse seemed to have a high rating. The initiator of the loan was very helpful and everybody else was great as well. Whenever I called with a question I got a reasonable response time. I would recommend them.

P Dennis,

Thank you for writing a review on Consumer Affairs. It is so great to hear that you had such excellent care from William. We work hard to find great people to provide a great experience for our customers. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse and please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

William ** was our agent thru the whole process of this transaction. He helped in a friendly manner, but with good business advice. He knows the process perfectly and explains it in detail. We feel like we also made a friend that we can call on in the future if we have any questions or concerns. So thank you, William, for a job well done.

Pat,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. A reverse mortgage can be a great tool for people in many different situations. Happy to hear that you had such a good rapport with our Reverse Mortgage Specialist and that they were able to make the process easy for you.

- FAR

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I was on disability and I lost my husband a while ago. Now I lost that income I needed money really badly and a lot of people kept saying that a reverse mortgage was a good idea. I put in a request for information on the internet and I got a call from Finance of America Reverse. The person I talked with all the time was very good and he explained everything to me. I loved him as he was very good.

David,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. We are pleased to hear that our Reverse Mortgage Specialist has already made such a large positive impact on your experience. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to help you and we appreciate your recommendation.

- FAR

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Our experience with Finance of America has been great so far. The rep I was dealing with was awfully nice and helpful. I was more impressed with her than I was with any of the other finance companies. We just got started but I would recommend them.

Murray,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. It sounds like you had an all around great experience with Finance of America Reverse. We appreciate your recommendation.

- FAR

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

So far, my experience with Finance of America Reverse has been good. The lady that I talked to did a really good job, so I went with them. I would recommend Finance of America.

Finance of America Reverse Company Profile