toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jim,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. Thank you allowing us to help you with your reverse mortgage. We appreciate your recommendation!

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you Andrew ** for the professional job he did handling my application and subsequent loan paperwork. First when I looked on the internet for a loan, he was very responsive, not pushy and shared a wealth of educational information with me. He was professional and timely. He answered my questions and kept me advised all the way through final stages. Had he not done that there were 15 other companies who wanted my business. Yes I would recommend Finance of America Reverse Mortgage and Andrew **.

Renee,

Thank you for leaving a review. Glad to hear we were able to help you with your reverse mortgage.

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I filled out an information sheet and several people called me back. Ernie from Finance of America was persistent and nice. I taught for 30 plus years, but I had taken out 15 before my husband died, so I didn't have that much. I only had a retirement, but all the years end and I can't make it on what I draw, so I got a reverse mortgage. I usually could get Finance of America's loan officer right away, but he always returned my call if I didn't. The experience went well. It was fairly quick, not like a regular mortgage.

I dealt with several different companies at first then I went with Finance of America Reverse. They were nice, very polite, always friendly, and helped me along the way especially when I was dragging my feet at times. The person whom I did all my dealings with was very knowledgeable and persistent, but she was very good. She knew the answers before I did ask questions. She knew I had to have them.

Harold,

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear our team answered all your questions and you had a positive experience.

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I had some bills that I needed to pay off so I did a reverse mortgage with FAR. I've had an experience with another company that wasn't positive and when I explained to the young lady at FAR what I had experienced, she assured me that that wouldn't happen with her company. She was truthful with me, and it all worked out in my favor. Everything was positive. The team answered my questions and gave me the answers that I needed. All of the answers that I got from them were truthful. I'd recommend Finance of America to somebody else.

Sidney,

Thank you for leaving a review. Happy to hear your reverse mortgage went so well working with our team.

-FAR

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

We have a home that none of the rest of our family are interested in after we're gone. So, we decided that reverse mortgage would be the way to do it. We had nothing but good relations with FAR reps. They did a very nice job presenting it to us and we're very happy. Everything went along fine and they did everything that they said they would do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finance of America Reverse?

Glenn,

Thank you for leaving a review. Awesome that your prior experience with us brought you back to get your reverse mortgage complete. Sounds like you had an all around great experience. We appreciate your business!

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

My mom ran out of retirement funds. We couldn't meet the mortgage payments. We needed to get that extra $1500 a month, and we didn't have it so all of a sudden, foreclosure was knocking on our door. We should have done the reverse mortgage four years ago when we first heard about Finance of America Reverse. Although I considered four other companies, I had a good experience with Finance of America's professionalism, personal contact, follow-up, handwritten or typed messages, and little old-fashioned things like that which made me feel like this company's going to be around and that they know what they're doing. When I came back to Finance of America four years later, here they still are, and it was great.

The guidance we got was more than I expected. Kevin, our representative, was excellent. He's a good agent who knows what he's doing and has done it before. I thought I knew more about mortgage than I did but Kevin told me how much I don’t know. They also extended out their option for me to come up with a game plan for future options, which I also liked. He's like, "Look. This has got to get done now." I liked his aggressiveness, which is important. If you want to get the business deal done, especially in Colorado, time is of the essence. It's very hard to get the evaluators to come out to your home. Kevin did a phenomenal job in pursuing the matter and pushing the envelope. Kevin and I put this thing together. He and I were on the same page. He gave me my duties to do, and we got this done in a faster time than I expected. It was a very good experience and I've recommended Finance of America to a friend.

Lorene,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. Glad to see that we helped make the process easy for you.

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

We have a business and we wanted help finding some other business and doing some extra things to the house. With a reverse mortgage, we didn't have a monthly payment. If we wanted to pay $200 or a thousand dollars in one month, we could do that unlike with a regular mortgage. A lady at my church told me about Finance of America Reverse. Their staff were really good. They called a lot and they made sure everything was done. They helped me to get it go through really fast and they talked me through everything. That was really nice and the process was really easy. They worked really well with me so I liked it.

Edward,

Thank you for your review on Consumer Affairs. We are happy to hear your loan officer was able to help you understand all the details of a reverse mortgage.

Thank you for your business!

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I had a few large credit card debts and a bank line of credit, so I wanted to get rid of all those debts to lower my monthly bills. The loan officer from Finance of America Reverse always responded to my calls and kept me informed of everything. The guidance was great, there was nothing that I didn't understand. He explained the refinance options very clearly, and answered any questions I had. Everything was very good, went smooth as far as I was concerned, and I was impressed by that.

Lin,

Thank you for placing a review on Consumer Affairs. Happy to hear you hit it off with our loan officer and they were able to make the process easy for you.

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I hit it off with the girl from Finance of America that called me. We talked about my situation financially, family, where we lived and hobbies. She's about the same as age as me, and answered all my questions. She convinced me to go with them. I didn't really know that much about reverse mortgage and she explained it to me in a very easy way to understand. Overall, they're very easy to work with and it didn't take much time. They would set everything up, including the meetings with the notary. And any paperwork that had to be done was easy to do.

Richard,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate the opportunity to help guide your through the process.

-FAR

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I was afraid that the interest rates would increase and lots of people said they’re going to. I would have a tough time making my payments so I got a reverse mortgage. I looked up reverse mortgages on the internet, got all of their documents, carefully checked them, and Finance of America Reverse was the best one. I got them and they gave me excellent guidance.

Richard,

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear our communication was top notch and allowed you to get through the process with ease.

-FAR

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I like the dealing with the person from Finance of America Reverse who I was assigned to or who I talked with. It was overall a pleasant experience with the communication with her and what was said was followed up with whatever I needed or she would return calls. I'm glad that I did proceed through having a reverse mortgage put in place on my own.

Deborah,

Awesome! Thank you for leaving a review and speaking so highly of our loan officer. We work hard to find the best people to provide a great experience for our customers!

-FAR

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

After recently closing on Reverse Mortgage with Finance of America, I would like to thank our representative, Jamie **. She is the Ultimate Professional, spent many hours on the phone with me answering endless questions with patience & impressive knowledge! She is absolutely the reason we chose Finance of America. Just cannot say enough about how much her true interest & concern for our particular situation helped to walk us through the process from start to finish. Thank you so much, Jamie for everything you did to help us! I will always consider you a true friend!!

Hi Carl,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse and are so pleased that you had a great experience!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

My house was paid off and I wanted the money for my wife so she could pay the taxes in case something happened to me. The Finance of America Reverse loan officer seemed to know what he’s talking about. I knew when I paid the house off and that I wanted to go with the reverse mortgage so he didn’t have to convince me. They just took care of what I needed. So far it’s been exactly what they said it would be and we haven’t drawn anything out but they're sending me a bill saying how much I had in there. They are very nice about it. I had a hospital stay-in and have put them on hold for a while for about 15 days or so. They’ve done very well and the only thing that I requested is the amount that I asked for upfront. It was there when they told me it’d be there so I’m really satisfied.

Hi Juan,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you and your mother choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse and great to hear you had a great experience!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

My mother and I had been inquiring for some time about what exactly reverse mortgage was and we decided to look into it a little bit further. I got her one from Finance of America Reverse and the loan officers there have always been very helpful. They were good in explaining and answering any questions we had throughout the process. They have good customer service.

Hi Diane,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you working with Finance of America on your reverse mortgage and so great to hear that your received excellent care from your Reverse Mortgage Specialist!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I thought about reverse mortgage a couple of years before but I didn't get all the right answers I wanted. But when I talked to a young lady from Finance of America Reverse, she went through the whole deal for me and has done a superb job. Plus, the guidance from her was excellent. From the time I started until we got through, the process seems really fast.

Hi Lelan,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you working with Finance of America on your Reverse Mortgage. Great to hear you had an overall great experience with your Reverse Mortgage Specialist!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I have a bunch of free money sitting on my equity on my house and thought I’d get some of it out. I was online, filling out a claim at LendingTree and Finance of America Reverse called me. Their interest rate was too high but the lady that handled it was pleasant and fun, and did all of her stuff right. However, whoever they sent to do the closing had to come back three times in order to get it right because they didn’t get all the right stuff signed. But I didn’t have to make an appointment. I told her where I was going to be and what time, and she came to meet me where I was. After that, before she left, she said sorry.

Dianne,

Thank you for leaving a review. We really appreciate your business!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

I've had a reverse mortgage before and I found it better than a HELOC, and I didn’t necessarily want to have another payment. I like the option that I can pay it off if I want to, but I don’t have to. I'm getting monthly materials from Finance of America Reverse and I'm surprised with what I'm seeing. But I'm not very dissatisfied with my experience with them. I would do it again.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing to with with Finance of America and are so pleased you had a wonderful experience working with Molly!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

We previously looked into a reverse mortgage with another lender. We pulled out as they were hard to work with and not very friendly. No warm fuzzy there!! BUT a year later we found Finance of America Reverse!! They are top notch and Molly our loan officer was wonderful and friendly!! She helped us with everything and the process was quick and very informative. Love our loan officer she is awesome!! I give them an A++++ rating.

Hi Jack,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing to work with us on your Reverse Mortgage and pleased to hear that Bunny gave you such excellent customer service!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Finance of America Reverse, and especially Bunny **, their Mortgage Specialist, made my day. There is one heck of a lot of paperwork in submitting an application and in closing on the loan but Bunny ** was always there to straighten me out and answer all my questions, and she always did it in a friendly and courteous fashion. It is nice to do business with someone friendly, and knowledgeable as well!

Hi Clifton,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate you choosing Finance of America for your Reverse Mortgage and pleased that you have a great experience working with Ellen!

-FAR

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Our house was bought and paid for, so our money was sitting in equity and we wanted to see what kinds of avenues were out there to get a reverse mortgage. Ellen, my agent from Finance of America, was exceptional. She got everything done right away, and she was very business-like and pleasant to work with. The counseling also went very well for us and they explained pretty much all the reverse mortgages, the do's and don'ts and the good and the bad. They were very thorough and got the job done.

All Aspects - It has been an experience. Although everyone has been helpful and thoughtful during the entire process. I would be very happy to recommend your services to anyone in the future. Thank You.

I considered Finance America Reverse and one of their competitors. I was immediately impressed by the responsiveness and amount of detail provided by FAR and especially the person who became my loan officer, Diana **. Since I had not done a reverse mortgage before I needed more explanation than I suspect others might, but at no time did I feel as though I was intruding as Diana was always cheerful and ready to help. Little things like appraisals and signing details were explained to my complete satisfaction. The documents were easy to understand and on items I wasn't sure about Diana always provided detailed explanations, even to my attorney who had one question.

The loan processor, Erica ** was also quite excellent in moving the process along very readily with a minimum of wait time. In all, my experience with Diana and Erica was excellent. There was little wait time also when the company reviewed various documents needed for the loan so the whole process was very straightforward. In summary, I highly recommend FAR from my own personal experience, especially Diana and Erica.

The reverse mortgage specialist I worked with, Amber **, at Finance of America Reverse was amazing. Constantly on top of everything, responding immediately and explaining details perfectly. Since this product has had a lot of negative publicity, I was quite hesitant at the beginning. However, Amber was so patient and made sure I understood the product and the process. I'm not sure I would have gone through with the loan without her guidance. She is a wonderful asset for Finance of America.

We recently acquired a reverse mortgage with Finance of America. I would highly recommend this company. The face of companies are measured by the direct contact one has with its employees. Timothy ** was our contact person. He was courteous, friendly and in constant contact with us throughout the process. Jasmine **, very personable as well, was our processor. Both highly professional, kind and always available, an asset to Finance of America.

I had contacted Jason ** from Finance of America to inquire about a reverse line of credit. In doing so I was very pleased how Jason explained the complete process to my husband and I. Through the process if I had any doubts or questions I would email Jason & within 15 minutes he would email me back with the answer. I am so happy with the help Jason has given us that I have already recommended two other people to him. This has truly been a worry free experience. I want to thank Jason for all of his help.

Finance of America Reverse was okay in explaining everything but on my second reverse mortgage with them, I was promised $20,000 but it ended up at $9,000. Casey, the woman I talked to, was the one who promised me everything. But then she left the company and somebody else took over. Then I was told I could only be given $10,000. Then when it finally got down to the final paperwork, it was just $9,000. I didn't like that at all.

I received a letter in the mail stating that I could probably get some more money if I refinance my existing reverse mortgage. There were two different companies I talked to and Finance of America agreed to pay the closing cost in which the other company would not do so I went with them. They made clear of what I needed to do. I needed to get another counseling certificates and everything progressed step-by-step like clockwork. It was good all the way. I got my check in the mail and next year I'm gonna get another one.

I wanted to get rid of a note and a reverse mortgage would give me an extra free mile of travel and Olivia, the lady I always go to at Finance of America Reverse, did a super, duper job. I hope the company has more people like her. There was another lady, Pearl, that I got rid of and the supervisor had to kick in. Pearl got involved with something that had to do with me finishing up a room. She told us we had to do this and that but she was wrong and it was a really big mess. But the company is great. I already recommended people to Finance of America. My brother is already in it. He was just about finished with the acquisition where it's all the things he was gonna do. And I've got two other friends who are also trying to do it.

At the time I made a decision to go with Finance of America Reverse, I thought I was getting more money than I received. But the appraisal apparently turned out to be ridiculous. The appraisal has to be done by someone who knows appraisals. As far as I'm concerned they didn't know enough about the appraisal, the way how this home was built, the way it was constructed. It's a contemporary home and in the state of Florida, you don't have many contemporary homes. They set some guidelines for appraisers to follow and since they have nothing to compare on, they count bedrooms and square feet. That's not the way you would do this. If you get a good appraiser, you get more money. Having said that, I'm not dissatisfied with the service and I would recommend them.

I contacted Jason regarding a Reverse Mortgage a few months back to determine if a reverse mortgage was right for my financial circumstances. Jason was very helpful, professional and knowledgeable. I learned a lot about a reverse mortgage and was effortlessly guided through the process. There was really not much effort expended on my part. I am really glad I came in contact with such a professional organization. Thanks for a great job Jason!

Finance of America Reverse Company Profile