toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

George,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We are so happy to hear that your experience with us was very easy and upfront. Thank you for working with Finance of America Reverse, if you have any questions please contact us.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I'm 78 years old. I had a wife to attend to and Finance of America Reverse were very easy to deal with and honest. I struggled for years and I got my credit land where I could do it. The loan officer was nice and he was on top of the job. During the process, he would call and stay in touch. That impressed me and everything has turned out good.

James,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that you had a successful experience and that you are very please with the outcome. We appreciate your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I first read about the agent I dealt with, who I thought was in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and that's why I contacted her. I had her phone number and her work number and I had day-by-day contact with her. But later I learned that she was in California. Of course I lived 36 years in California, so I learned a lot about the program there. And then later on, I dealt with a lady in New York as well. It's a finance institution that handled the thing. Both ladies were very cordial and helpful. And then I went through the whole procedure to learn what mortgage it was and how it would affect me, and I decided to go ahead and do it.

I wanted to get some assistance because my total income was my social security benefit. But the rates are a little bit higher than I wanted, but the interest rates on paying back is like 6%. Of course, that's above most interest rates today in my position anyway. Then they told me a couple of times that I was gonna close, and then something else that was overlooked would come up, and I'd have to get another guy to come out to get me to sign stuff. But I've completed it all and was successful in getting the fund that I needed. I'm pleased with it.

Nora,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. It is wonderful to hear that you had such a great experience working with Andrew. We are so happy that he was able to answer all of your questions and walk you through the process. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: May 11, 2017

Andrew explained all my options. He was very easy to talk to and answered all of my questions in language I could understand without overwhelming me. I was not sure if this was the right decision for me or not. He listened to me until I talked through it and came to my own decision that reverse mortgage was the right choice for me. Without Andrew I know this process would not have been so easy... I would have come out on the other side questioning myself. So I thank Andrew ** for all his help and dedication in making me feel I was his only client. I also want to mention, if I had a question he wasn't sure of he would ask until he found out the correct answer. I would not have gone with this company had it not been for Andrew. I had spoke to a few other Reverse mortgage companies but chose Finance of America Reverse… because I felt so comfortable with Andrew right off the bat.

Harold,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that you had a good experience with the representatives that you have talked with and we hope it continues. Thank you for choosing Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: May 6, 2017

My wife has cancer and I need the money to pay some doctor bill so I used Finance of America Reverse. The representatives have been real nice and courteous if I have talked to them.

Donna,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that you found your Reverse Mortgage Specialist able to answer all of your questions and walk you through the process. We are sorry about the delay in the paper work and will continue to try to improve the process. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.

- FAR

Original review: June 11, 2017

A reverse mortgage availed money so that we could still have the house which is probably why everybody else does. It's also a little source of funds in emergencies and for repairs. I've talked to several other companies, even some locally, but I felt better going with Finance of America. Part of why we chose them is that their reps were very helpful and personable. We talked for hours at a time, and they did not seem to mind answering questions. However, since we didn’t have a fax, we had to email them. The correspondence with the people that actually did the money transactions have been difficult and I felt that ad we had access to a fax, it probably would have been much smoother. But they could have contacted us back when the first pictures that we sent weren't adequate. Instead they waited a week before telling us they needed more pictures. But overall, my experience with them was satisfactory.

We live on a disability income and we've actually even been drawing on savings and they're not inexhaustible. We needed to get more income coming in. Then we saw that Tom Selleck was advertising Finance of America Reverse and Jerry knew a little bit about what President Reagan had enacted that people could stay in their homes. Their employees were very nice and we passed all the inspections. Plus, they gave us six months to get things up to code and they said, "Paint the top of the deck, paint the deck floor and fix those patched up areas where there has been a sprinkler, warped in."

However, I'm not exactly sure what they wanted to improve because the top of the deck doesn't have any function. It did when we had Plexiglas to make it a covered deck and I talked to one of the contractors, Scott, and he said it would be better and cost less for him to just take it off. We could just leave an area where we could hang flower baskets. Then our neighbor has been watering their lawn, so the side of the garage that faces their sprinkler has got all the paint faded out.

We have two more months to go until we get this work done and it should be done. I'm just anxious to get it done right. Now, there's a gentleman on the deck scraping it down, so he can get what they require done. We've also been doing a lawn here and we pruned our bushes and trees. Then he is supposed to spray some dormant spray that will give us good cherries and apples this year. Another contractor has been painting the entire day. Plus, we had two other gentlemen over the other day and we got price quotes from both of them too.

The reverse mortgage allowed us to stay in our home and I'd recommend it to anybody that's bent to keep their house, although it's difficult. It's only been our first year, but it's a long time and there's always some upkeep. We've put in the carpet and now we need to again. But they're paying $700 a month house payment so we are grateful. I've also tried to call the Builder's Association but I haven't been able to get any answer. If they were able to help us or at least get an opinion on it, I would appreciate it.

I'm a retired realtor and the explanation I got from one of my fellow realtors about reverse mortgage was positive so I opted for it to be part of my retirement plan. I've been very happy with Finance of America Reverse. It has been a very positive experience for me.

Beverley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. We are so happy that Andrew was able to guide you through the reverse mortgage process. We focus on all of our customers and want them to be highly satisfied like you and your husband are with our product and service. Thank you for your recommendation and your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: June 7, 2017

My husband and I decided to use a reverse mortgage to help us with some financial issues we were having. We chose Finance of America, largely due to the banker that worked with us. It only took us about 3 weeks to come to closing, and our agent, Andrew **, walked us through every step and kept us well informed of the process and where we were at each point. In the beginning stages, Andrew explained the aspects to us very well. We had no hidden surprises and his judgement on the appraisal was almost totally correct.

Once things began to move, the process was quick and easy. The only real headache was the beginning and closing paperwork. It took about an hour each time to sign and date all the forms. Finance of America is a customer friendly company and I can highly recommend our agent Andrew **. He is patient and caring and wants each customer to be highly satisfied. Above all, he was very patient and did not mind reviewing as much as needed to be sure we understood the whole process. If you are looking for a mortgage, please do consider, Finance of America.

John,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that the information we were able to provide you helped explain the process and the benefits of the reverse mortgage process. We are happy that you and your loan officer had an excellent experience and that you were overall satisfied with your reverse mortgage.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Running low on money and still having good health, I'm not willing to go to the poor house. The presentation from Finance of America Reverse was understandable than some of the others. Plus, the printout of the information they sent was legible. Dealing with the loan officer was excellent through the whole course of events. We didn’t comprehend the totality but that wasn’t their fault and I got them rectified. Overall, it was a very good experience. The lady we dealt with was good, thorough and had good follow-up. I sought good explanations of everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finance of America Reverse?

David,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. We are so happy that we were able to help you and that you would do it all over again if you had to. We strive for a great customer experience with every reverse mortgage. Thank you for choosing Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I felt a reverse mortgage was the only way I could handle keeping the house. I talked to several companies and the loan officer from Finance of America Reverse Mortgage explained everything, so I can understand it, and I decided to give it a try. I didn’t have any problems, all my questions were answered, so it was great. And it was real quick. It just took a couple of months for the whole thing to take effect. It was so great that I would do it again if I had to.

Joan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that you had a great experience with your loan officer. We are sorry that the underwriting process delayed the loan, but very happy that you were able to get it worked out. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse, again, and your recommendation

Original review: June 6, 2017

Several years ago, I had applied for a reverse mortgage with Finance of America Reverse and I went back to them several years later after the housing went up. I'm 80 years old and I live through my monthly income, so I don’t wanna pay any more house payments. My interaction with the fellow, Josh, was very good. He was very attentive and he went out of his way. The problem came in with the underwriters not understanding bank terminology. That was very upsetting because I have a checking account, and years ago I put my minor children as trustees on the checking account because they were minors. Bank of America wouldn't write a letter but they confirmed it on the phone that the kids have no access to my checking account.

Then, I realized I had another savings account with just my name on it and Finance of America should've asked me that. I didn’t think of that and that's caused a lot of grief. We could've saved a lot of time and instead of something going through quickly, it was a month delay on top of it. But it was not Josh’s fault. His hands were tied and he couldn’t do anything until the underwriters went ahead with the loan. Other than that, Finance of America gave me a lot of credit and I was pleased with the very low closing cost. I would recommend them but be sure only your or your husband’s name is on it.

John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. It sounds like you and your loan officer hit it off well and they were able to guide you through the reverse mortgage process. We are sorry that things didn't go as smoothly as you had hoped the whole time, because this loan is government insured there are a lot of measures in place to protect all of the parties involved. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: June 5, 2017

Our age, desire to do some improvement to the home and pay off credit cards, all of that makes reverse mortgage attractive. We did an internet search and quickly developed a relationship with the front office guy that we contacted, Travis. He was good and helpful. He was a good listener and very responsive. All of the information we needed was provided quickly and without any added nonsense. We quickly got to the issue, dealt with it and were able to make a decision.

All of the companies who do this obviously have a front office and back office operation. The back office would be the review and approval and they’re the ultimate decision makers on what goes forward and how. And we ran into some bit of conflict between the front and the back office once we had filled out all the paperwork and done everything. We have multiple residences and the back office was reluctant to accept our statement that this was our primary residence. Part of it was because our life has been split between a number of locations, most of them concurrently and they're worried about FHA on a post audit. But they got a little bit ridiculous in their request for documentation that would protect their **. Other than that, everything was smooth and quick and easy and everybody we dealt with was helpful.

Diana,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with your loan officer and the reverse mortgage program. We are happy to help. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: June 4, 2017

I had a friend that told me about Finance of America Reverse. I was really low on money and just getting social security and raising my grandson. I didn't want to lose my home. I'm retired now so it was the best thing for me. We got an ad in the mail so I gave them a call and went along with that. They worked fast, did a great job and it worked out really well. Their guidance was very organized and was done really well. I also had a wonderful interaction with the loan officer. I am so thankful that there's a program out there like this for elderly people that can sustain their homes. It's wonderful, it's a blessing and it was a relief. I'm very happy with my experience with Finance of America Reverse.

Raimondo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. We are so happy that you had such a wonderful reverse mortgage experience with Toby and that he was able to answer all of your questions swiftly and attentively. Thank you for your recommendation and your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse.

- FAR

Original review: June 3, 2017

I looked into reverse mortgage and thought it was a good idea. I spoke with the loan officer from Finance of America Reverse, Toby, and he told me about the programs and explained it very well. He was really good, attentive and got back with me immediately when I left a message if he wasn’t there to answer the phone. I was treated very well. I feel that they’re a very honest company and they’re quick to process the reverse mortgage. I would recommend them to others if they decide to go this way.

James,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We are so happy to hear that you and Miranda hit it off from the first phone call through the end of the process. If you ever have any questions, please reach out to us. Thank you for your recommendation.

- FAR

Original review: June 2, 2017

I was trying to find someone who would listen to me and when I sent my information in to Finance of America Reverse, Miranda called me back and it was great. Everybody else was going through a whole lot of rigmaroles, but she greeted me with a personal feeling, that 'look, we can help you', and then she asked about a few things they got to know. That was a good approach. Even when it came to the people who were going to come out here, the gentlemen went through how the process would work. Who would come first, then the appraisers and so on. It was less work. Even with my wife, when we're on the phone, they we're trying to get some information, bank and all that stuff. It was good.

I'm an 80 year old man who has had experiences with a lot of people and I can almost tell a person by the voice when you see them and talk to them. The lady who came down to our house and did the file of paperwork was very professional. That whole process was good all the way through. Everything went smoothly. I enjoyed it and I would recommend them to anybody. If they asked me, I would tell them 'Hey, that's a company that you know, I've not had a bad experience". That first impression is always the best because when I talked with Miranda, it was like she's known me all her life and I have never seen her, no more than talk to her on the phone. She acted like she's known me from day one. She was one heck of a lady.

Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. We are sorry that it was such an up and down process. Finance of America Reverse strives to make it very easy for our customers. It is great to hear that you had a good experience with your loan officer. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to your loan officer.

- FAR

Original review: June 1, 2017

We got old, had a mortgage and didn’t wanna make any mortgage payments right now until we decide to sell it. We were looking to do a reverse mortgage and Finance of America Reverse was one of the ones we've called. I thought it was gonna be a set rate but then it turned out to be a variable rate and I didn’t like that. It was a long-drawn-out deal and part of it was the bank. They didn’t get things to us in time and so we had to start all over again. We had to pay twice for the appraisal. It wasn’t a good and nice deal.

With the first appraiser that came out, the appraisal came out well within range. Then the second appraiser came out. We had bought a new hot tub for the back of the deck and that came in $30,000 less than the first appraisal. The first appraisal person they sent out was a local guy from Lincoln area and the other one was down by Flint or someplace way east of here that didn’t know a thing about the prices around this area. That caused more problems because it didn't come in high enough appraisal to cover the mortgage. But it went really well with the loan officer. We didn’t discuss the options too much and that upset me some but other than that, everything was fine. It was an experience but even refinancing a home is a pain.

Peggy,

Thank you so much for your review on Consumer Affairs. We take pride in the people that help our consumers through the process. We appreciate your effort in spreading the benefits of this product and wish you and your family the best.

-FAR

Original review: May 29, 2017

Everybody is kind of afraid about this reverse mortgage, how they had scams years ago. But the one I spoke with at Finance of America Reverse, Nicole first told me all about the process and then a counselor called me. I had a lot of issues to deal with and Nicole went through everything. At one point, I told her, "Maybe I’m just gonna go ahead and forget about this," and she said, “Let’s just try a little bit more.” And after I receive the money, I could go ahead and get my electricity done and a couple of different issues on the house. She was very, very nice. She’s an asset to that company. It really went smooth for me. I tried to pass it off to my friends. A couple of them said they're gonna wait ‘till next year but I said they better do it now because the financing might be different, they'll never know. I’m amazed that people don’t take advantage of this.

Erlinda and Edwin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. We are so happy to hear that William was able to help you through this troubling time in your life. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and your family.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know that we are so glad that we found FAR and met William **. During the saddest time in my life, after dad just passed away and left my mom with the uncertainties of her daily expenses and finances, William and FAR came to our rescue. We heard of reverse mortgages and knew that this could be our solution by eliminating her mortgage payments completely. I shopped around not realizing that the competitors were charging nearly $30K worth of fees that FAR simply did NOT. Saving us a lot!!! It was also a nice bonus to know FAR would be keeping the loan and not selling off the loan to any other lenders.

From day one, William was on his game. He thoroughly explained what we were getting ourselves into; he took the time to let us know what was to happen next; and always kept us posted from day-to-day. We never felt lost. At closing we actually thought we were losing the deal. We were lacking necessary documents and we just couldn't get them. We thought the whole deal was going to fall through or, at very least, be delayed. But somehow, to our huge surprise, William and Jasmine pulled it off and closed the deal. We cannot thank William, Jasmine and the FAR team enough for all your help. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. We are so sorry to hear that your experience has been less than satisfactory. Please look out for a phone call from us regarding your experience and what we can do to make it right. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Original review: May 28, 2017

We had a small balance of $51,000 on our mortgage. But our payment is $3,500 a month. It was from the prior mortgage company 15 years ago and we couldn’t pay it monthly anymore. I made calls and Finance of America Reverse were the first to call back. They worked with me with everything they were supposed to do but I was pretty set in exactly with what I wanted to do. The girl I talked with on the phone all the time was very good. But after the closing, she was out of the picture. I pay less than $600 a month that covers the mortgage payment without it growing.

But one problem I have is that on my bill, I keep getting a charge for $128 a month. They’re telling me that this charge is for title insurance and that I signed the paper for it which, on the closing, I paid $2,700 for. I don’t remember signing it and asked them to show me the paper. They said they were gonna email me a copy of it. That was two months and I haven’t seen a paper from anybody - nothing in writing and in the mail, except this charge of $128.

Before the closing, they were wonderful and I couldn’t get better in the performance. Any help or response I got were perfect. It was like I was dealing with a different company after the closing than before the closing. Not that the people aren’t nice after closing, but they lie. The bottom line is I would not recommend them.

Loretta,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. We are happy to hear that your interaction and experience has been friendly and positive throughout the whole reverse mortgage process. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I heard about reverse mortgage from someone but it turned out they wanted so many things done. I went to Finance of America Reverse and they didn’t have all that peripheral activity. The interaction with them has been friendly and positive. The loan officer gave me all the information I needed to get going and she’s absolutely wonderful. I sold my house at the last minute yesterday. I took some extra funds to get everything moving and that came in handy. They got everything we needed right on time for the closing agent, which was awesome, including the new payoff amount. Everything was just great.

Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. We are sorry that your experience wasn't what you expected. Please, reach out to us if you have any additional questions or things that we can help work through to make your experience better.

Original review: May 27, 2017

My husband passed away three years ago, and I decided it was just time to pay the payments and stay alive. I can't decide if I want to stay at our house or not. If I stay there, I could sell it and just pay off the loan. The problem is that I don’t know if I'm happy there or not anymore. It's just a sad thing for me. My husband and I bought the house with a two-income deal. It's awful. It was going to be $1,500 house payment and $50,000 a year. I just couldn’t do it. I was misled in the beginning because I thought I was going get $14,000 and I only ended up with $10,000. I planned to go on vacation, and since it only ended up being $10,000, I decided that I just wouldn't go.

William,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate the opportunity to help you with our product and understanding the uses. We are sorry to hear that it did not end as expected. If there is anything we can do to rectify the situation, contact your loan officer. We are sorry for any inconvenience and would love the opportunity to improve.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I submitted an online request and Finance of America Reverse was one of the first to respond back to me. Out of the responses I received, I preferred the way that they presented it. The person who called me from the company took the time to listen to my situation to decide if he might be able to offer a product that would serve my need which is reverse mortgage. Based on that conversation, he was very prompt in getting back with me with more information. Plus, there was confidence in his voice. The most important thing is to make sure that one really understands the process and has a clear understanding of the product they’re offering. The manager of the person I dealt with the entire time presented the product as we were entering the final stages slightly different than the person that I was working with. And it was not the way it went down. So I had a little surprise right at the very end.

Donald,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that William was able to make the process easy and simple for you while always staying professional and personable. We appreciate your recommendation and your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: May 26, 2017

My application for a reverse mortgage with William as my reverse mortgage specialist was a painless procedure. With his help I was able to complete the application and reach the closing in a matter of days. All of the folks I dealt with from the very start to the closing were very professional and personable. I would recommend William and Finance of America LLC to anyone interested in a reverse mortgage.

Homer,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs. We are happy to hear that your reverse mortgage process went easily and that you are very satisfied. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: May 26, 2017

We have no children and we’re all in our 70’s so we got a reverse mortgage with Finance of America. That's $720 we wanted to pay and that really makes a big difference. The man who did the paperwork for us was very good. It was the easiest thing I ever did. Finance of America have been very nice. They send me notices all the time and how much money I still got to come. It's been very good and I’ve been very satisfied.

Jerry,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that you were satisfied with our service and your Reverse Mortgage Specialist. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I had a home equity loan. I didn't read the fine print when I first took it out and after 10 years, they told me to pay it back. I said I'll go to some place else and ended up with Finance of America Reverse. They did a good job. Their rep was available when I tried to get a hold him. He explained and answered all of my questions. I didn't have any problems with any of that, so it went pretty smoothly. He kept the whole thing moving.

Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. We are happy to hear that taking out a reverse mortgage has helped you fill in the gaps in your retirement and that we were able to provide you with friendly and knowledgeable service. There are a lot of steps in the reverse mortgage process required by the government to make sure everyone is protected. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: May 25, 2017

We downsized and I wanted to get to where we didn’t have any mortgage. So I took the equity that we had on a previous realtor to buy the house we’re in now. Then took out the reverse mortgage just to fill in when we needed it. With Finance of America Reverse, I could have a monthly statement if I want. Also, I can either take a lump sum or just take what I need. The people I worked with were friendly and knowledgeable. The guidance I got from them was very good and thorough. If anybody wants a reverse mortgage, I’d certainly recommend Finance of America Reverse because it was a very good experience. The only thing I had objections to was all the hoops you had to go through in order to get approved as far as going to this place to get educated and go to another place to do something else. There’s a lot more happening than just going to the bank and getting a loan.

David,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. We are so sorry to hear that your experience did not turn out as expected. Someone will be in contact with you shortly to review your situation and get a better understanding of what happened and how we can help make it better. We appreciate your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I need to do some repairs to my home and Finance of America Reverse was lesser of all the evils that are out there. However, the experience was not very pleasant. I dealt with five or six companies over about 14 months trying to get somewhere. I feel like the consumer is being taken advantage of in this program. I dealt with about eight loan officers. The very first one was really good but then either she got fired or she left that company. Then I got a hold of another one who really didn't want to deal with me because I kept asking the very pertinent questions like what is the final interest rate that I'm going to be charged and every one of those loan officers say, "Oh it's fixed, it is the exact same number at every place" and it was not.

There is a standard charge that the government makes them put on one point too fat, going and coming on both sides and then they take the actual interest rate of the current rate is of labor out there and then those loan people get an opportunity to add on their profit. It was not told, not publicized and they will lie to your face that this is the best offer and that everybody gets the same rate when in fact when you get down to the final pieces of paperwork, it's not. The last part of this is you get down to the very closing and they send all the paper works. You go through all the people coming out to your house to sign them. You go why, and you find out it is not what I agreed to. They can't explain why they raised the prices.

After going up all the way the ladder to almost the president of the final company that I used, he said "You know what, we made a mistake so we'll change it." So what is the deal with all the label hassle going on with the program? Fortunately, I'm an educated young man who understands finances and understands what it is. Every one of them has the very same paperwork for you to read. It's a canned piece of paper they send that's from the government. They just lay it out there and you have to make your own decision. Also, the biggest problem I see is the turnover with people that do this. I've dealt with 9 different people with only three different companies.

It's a great program for people who are retired, who don't want to spend their own income, have value in their home or have their home totally paid off as we do in our case to overcome some heavy bills that you need. It's like buying a car, if you don't beat down people to get the best price you want, you'll pay the very highest price and that's just not the way I believe America should be made. I would be very dissatisfied until I finally got a hold of a loan officer who was a supervisor and he took care of the problem. But it took very, very hard due diligence on my part to get to that point. It's really bad except the last gentleman I used in Cincinnati after four different officers, did a great job.

Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. It sounds like you had a great experience working with our team. We are so happy that they were able build a relationship of trust and friendship with you. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: May 23, 2017

We're both in the 60's, we needed to make a difference and not having the mortgage payment is helping us so much. A reverse mortgage is a tough process to go through. But the lady that took care of our reverse mortgage stayed with us through the whole process. She called and helped us when we ran into some roadblocks. She’d also call us at 8:00 at night and would ask how we're doing. She became like a family friend and you don’t get that in corporate America today.

Everybody should use Finance of America Reverse because they’re so family-oriented. It’s so important to have a really good feeling about people coming into your home, especially seniors because we’re taken advantage of all the time. We get phone calls about schemes to do this and that. So it was very hard for us to trust anybody to come in and produce what they say they’re gonna produce. And Finance of America Reverse not only did that, but they went way beyond. We have a wonderful life now because we have peace of mind. We’re in this home forever and there’s a feeling of security you can’t beat because you got the power of the Federal government behind you and nobody can come in here and say, “Bye, bye!”

William,

Thank you for leaving a review with Consumer Affairs.It is great to hear that we were able to provide you with that face to face service through your reverse mortgage process. We appreciate your choice to work with Finance of America Reverse and your recommendation of our services.

Original review: May 23, 2017

My retirement fund is running low so I looked into getting a reverse mortgage. I studied quite a while before I decided to do this. I’m a one-on-one person and the calls that I got were for people out in California, New York, except for the lady from Tulsa. So I drove up from Oklahoma City to speak to her in person. The interactions with the loan officer have been very good. We tried to do everything over the phone and through the mail. But I felt like I needed to be face to face with the people that’s doing all this. You could ask questions and you could watch the expression on their face and find out whether they’re actually telling you the truth. I found out that she was doing 99%. So I just decided to go with Finance of America.

Everything has been fine. The reverse mortgage has helped me but I’m trying not to tap it too much because the less I take out, the less I have to worry about getting it sold. I just got to regulate my outgo to what my income is. But I do a have the reverse mortgage to fall back on if I really need it. It was a satisfactory experience and I’d recommend it to a friend.

Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. We are so happy that your loan officer was able to answer all of your questions thoroughly and helped you feel comfortable through the whole process. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: May 22, 2017

We had been thinking about getting a reverse mortgage for quite some time but then we were not sure and comfortable with it so we didn't move forward. Then we got a call from Finance of America. The lady said that they were waiving the closing costs at that particular time and that was a big thing for us. She did a great job and understood any hesitation that we had. She always answered our questions thoroughly and to our expectations and helped us to feel comfortable about the decision to move forward with Finance of America. They made everything run smoothly and painlessly.

Larry,

Thank you for leaving a review on Consumer Affairs. It is great to hear that Linda was able to answer all of your questions in a quick and knowledgeable manner and that everything went smooth as silk through the process. We appreciate you choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: May 22, 2017

We liked where we're at and we couldn't replace our home. It's also hard to find a place that has 5 acres. Then, we didn't want to move and to sell so we chose a reverse mortgage. When I filled in the blanks to get a quote, Linda from Finance of America Reverse was the first that answered it right away. She mailed me all the materials within a day. I had other five people contact me and everybody was good. Everybody else came in with the same price, except one guy who was trying to screw us. Linda was the first and I didn't see any reason to go any further and we really appreciate it.

I communicated with her and we got along good. She was a really nice person and my wife liked her too. She did everything fast, smart, and it was totally cool. She was upfront with it all and we knew we wanted to do the reverse mortgage. Then, we went through all the other stuff. I got the right appraisal so that helped make everything go. Everything went smooth as silk and she handled everything. It was almost too easy and I've got no problems with Finance of America Reverse.

Faye,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. We are so happy to hear that we were able to help you and your Aunt through the reverse mortgage process. We appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The reverse mortgage is for my aunt Annabel and it was a perfect situation for her because she owns the house. She was hard on money and the house would be sold when she passes as she has no children to leave it to. The rep we worked with didn't let us slack off and she offered solutions when we were confused on how to get something accomplished. The guidance we received from Finance of America was excellent and it took me a while to convince my aunt that it was good, but now she's happy that she did it. I would definitely recommend it to anybody that had a situation that wanted it.

Sheila,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Consumer Affairs. It is great that Carolyn was able to walk you through the reverse mortgage process. We're happy that everything worked out and you're now stress-free. Thank you for choosing to work with Finance of America Reverse.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I Googled Finance of America Reverse then I started talking to someone and she really knew what she was talking about and I'm like, "This is what I really need to do." I could refinance and get off from under the monthly payment and have everything come out, my insurance and taxes and have things taken care of for me. I called Carolyn and we hit it off. She explained to me what was happening but then there was something on my credit and I'd be crying. She was so patient with me because there was always something going on like the furnace went out and I'm crying to her, I need to get it done. She was remarkable in helping me get everything straightened out.

I started actually at the end of October and we thought I could probably get it done in three of four weeks. But then we finished almost February. It was a long time. I was really stressing 'cause it was Christmas. I have grandkids and my son understood I couldn't afford anything. I was stressing about that and then I had a judgment against me and I had to get that taken care of. I just wanted it to go through.

What they do as far as helping elderly, getting rid of that payment and me being able to stay on top of my bills and knowing that I've got something in my savings later on down the road, it's a comfortable feeling. I don't have to worry about my taxes and my homeowners. Everything is taken care of by them. I'm more than happy. I'm stress-free.

Philip,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Consumer Affairs. We are sorry that your experience wasn't as seamless as expectations. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to your loan officer. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

- FAR

Original review: May 20, 2017

I knew somebody else that did reverse mortgage. The hotel that I was working for at that time was closing, so I wasn't going to be working steady. I was figuring that I'd look into it to see what was what. I looked into it a couple of years prior with another company. They said that it wasn’t for me yet at that time. So I waited a couple of years and got it done through Finance of America Reverse. My loan officer was great. There was somebody else at the underwriting office that was a real pain because, every time they asked for something, they had it already and they just kept on holding things up. It got to the point where I said, “You know what? This is it. We're done.” I said, “I don’t care if you fund it or you don’t fund it.” But other than that, everything's good.

Finance of America Reverse Company Profile