toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Thank you to our loan processor William ** for leading us through this maze. We picked the right company. Was right for us. We can be comfortable in the rest of our retirement. Thank you Bill and all the staff that answered our questions. You provide a wonderful service for seniors.

All the people that I have dealt with at AAG have been extremely courteous and professional. In the course of obtaining our reverse mortgage we have dealt with quite a few associates at AAG and they always had enough time and patience to answer our questions and get us through the process. I highly recommend AAG.

Teresa ** was the only good employee that kept her word and stayed on top of things for me thru the process. Nadia ** was almost impossible to get a hold of and more often than not call after repeated voice mails for her. It took 4 months to get this transaction completed. I expected better. Teresa was wonderful.

Our experience in working with AAG was outstandingly professional. From our first conversation with Mr. Josh ** to the conclusion of the process we felt completely informed and represented. Very happy with the experience.

Overall I was pleased with the experience but had a few moments of angst. I now feel financially secure. The people I worked with on the paperwork were very helpful. The time it took kind of surprised me but overall I am pleased. Thank you again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Advisors Group?

Working with Michele** and AAG was a Team Effort. My specific situation entailed, caregiving for my mother and keeping her/us in our home. I was offered a solution, a breathing space. Nothing in life is perfect, especially in the financial world. This is close to it. Michele kept in contact, and helped me thru the process, she cared. It takes a Team.

I have made numerous attempts to contact you, with no success. I have repeatedly left messages, with no return call. I have yet to receive my "Welcome Kit," or any instructions for using my available funds. HELP!!!

Walter ** was incredibly helpful. The woman who actually processed our application did not return our calls most of the time. When she did call, she was rude and abrupt. I actually had to track down her supervisor on two occasions in order to get her to return our calls. Without the help of Mr. **, we would have cancelled our application.

Here are a few suggestions. First, most people you are dealing with are elderly. Talk a little slower, our ears are old and it takes time to absorb what is being said. Make sure the cost amount is upfront as much as possible so it is not such a shock at the final signing. Return phone calls as soon as possible, again our generation is still in the mode that this is the way business is conducted. Holly was a joy to work with. She helpful and knowledgeable.

Hi David,

We are glad to hear that you would give Mike a five-star rating, and we will use your comments to make improvements in order to meet this level of excellence. Thank you for your review.

-AAG

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Mike ** jumped through many high hoops to get this deal done. The amount of paperwork was staggering and unexpected, as were the complications which arose during the process. Again, Mike showed dogged determination, perseverance, patience and professionalism. We felt like he could be trusted, and he explained everything when asked. We felt that he was on our side through the entire process. If his performance were the only criterion, then a solid five stars would be the proper rating. However, the unbelievable amount of red tape and complexity makes that rating impossible for the overall experience. A reverse mortgage was our best option. It worked for us, because Mike made it happen.

Resolution In Progress

I have been waiting to be approved for a reverse mortgage for over a month and have just found out that I have been approved. I was getting different answers from two different individuals. When I questioned Bob (the person handling my loan) he told me that if I wasn't happy I could cancel my loan. What? I have filled out tons of paperwork sent in two years of tax returns, had an appraisal done only to turn around and cancel? We about to fund so why would I cancel. They need to get someone in there that takes better care of their customers.

The entire staff at AAG was courteous, helpful and professional. They were presented with some challenges due to the situation my father found himself in, and they came through with flying colors. I would highly recommend them to family and friends.

The AAG's representative, business organization, were with me serving as a typical characteristic example of decent and correct in character and behavior, worthy of high regard of respect and deference. The act of answering my application for reverse mortgage into a process of reducing to simpler form by analyzing a complex notion into a simpler ones is appreciated.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing your experience on ConsumerAffairs. Educating our customers about reverse mortgage loans is an important part of the process, and we are glad to hear that our team was able to do so in a professional and courteous manner.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

It is easy to see advertisements for a reverse mortgage and say "That looks easy, I think I will do that.” As with any business project there is much to do to get from the start to the conclusion. With a reverse mortgage there is an immense amount of information to be gathered in many data areas. There is education for the borrower so that they can understand what the process is and what it encompasses. There are forms and forms and more forms but, it is all part of the process much of it mandated by the government to protect the borrower. This is where a company like AAG works as your advocate. Their professionals work these issues everyday and do make the process easy for you. They not only work with you but with everyone involved and then keep you informed. I found their folks to very professional, courteous and personable. AAG and a little patience will take you to a successful ending.

Melinda ** and Christine ** were most helpful. I enjoyed working with them and feel like they really cares about my situation. I have recommended AAG to others. Thank you so much. It was a very pleasant experience.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate you choosing American Advisors Group, and it is great to hear that you were happy with the final outcome. We will share your comments with our team to ensure that we are providing a smooth experience throughout the entire process.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I received about 8 inch thickness of confusing, frustrating paperwork during the long process. Many of the tables that were provided were inconsistent with previously received tables in format and information and were not easy to understand. The final effect was good and everything worked out well.

It was super to work with AAG. Their representative Michele ** was so knowledgeable and explained every step of the way. I never had to call find out. She stayed on top and called, emailed or text me to keep me informed. The process took 60 days. I have been explaining to everyone I meet about the Reverse Mortgage. It has taken away the fear of not making it thru retirement.

I am not sure how it can possibly take over 60 days to complete a reverse mortgage when everything seems to be moving with no issues. I have responded to every request for information or documents quickly and accurately. I completed the counselling and arranged the appraisal quickly and without any problems. There were no issues associated with the appraisal like repairs needed, etc. I have perfect credit, I was told perhaps the very best score ever seen. How can it keep dragging on? It has now been 45 days since the appraisal was completed and there have been no issues that should slow things down. I am thinking I should have selected a different mortgage provider but I don't want to start over.

The people I dealt with were exceptional. Very knowledgeable and polite and even fun. Thank you all for helping me out. The process took longer than expected, I believe, due to the fact that it's a modular home. Too much red tape!

Hello Phyllis,

Thank you for your vote of confidence in Stevenson and American Advisors Group. We are happy to hear that our team was able to guide you through the process smoothly.

-AAG

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I was lucky to have Stevenson ** as my loan agent. He was always polite & thoughtful in dealing with all my questions regarding this loan. I found him very knowledgeable & accurate in dealing with my particular situation. Kudos to him! He is a great asset to your organization!

This experience was made so easy due to the helpful people at AAG. They were so happy to answer any and all questions we had, even during the process. We were taken care of in a speedy fashion. The whole process went very smoothly. We'd encourage anyone to go this route.

Our only refinancing in recent years was a brief and simple refi with our existing mortgage holder - probably signed a total of 5 pages of documents, and spent a total of 1.5 hours of our time. AAG's process seemed very cumbersome and survived only with the assistance of helpful, knowledgeable professionals. I would be remiss if I failed to mention that Linda ** was indeed most gracious and patient, accepted calls at all times and promptly came up with exactly the info we needed. We felt that we would not have followed through without her guidance. We are glad we did!

Would recommend to others, everything went smoothly except the appraiser help us up a little cause she thought she knew more than she did. But after I finally convinced her to do things the way AAG asked for, everything went according to plan. Thanks for all your help Bert. Do have one question, I thought I understood that the reverse mortgage funds were tax free, am I right?

To this point we didn't have any problems. Mario was great. He walked us through everything and if we didn't understand he would go over it until we did. He was very patient and made us feel very comfortable.

I was very pleased with Bryan and the information he provided. I was not pleased with the delay in processing everything. I still do not understand why they needed the information on my condo, which is paid for with no debts of any kind. The delay almost caused me to cancel my application. In the end everything worked out fine.

Our agent, Bryton **, was very helpful and professional. My wife & I would recommend AAG & Mr ** to anyone seeking a reverse mortgage. Every facet of the process was explained thoroughly, and in a timely manner, so that we could obtain documents.

Brent ** and Clarice ** are great to work with.They explain and clarify the process to make it understandable. You can count on them because they do what they say they will. If anyone is thinking of a Reverse Mortgage please give these folks a call.

I was very satisfied with my experience with the all the kind, experienced people that worked with me. They helped to take care of problems I had. Their advice helped me with the whole transaction. Their service was excellent. My sincere thanks to Sunny ** and Denica **.

I am satisfied with my experience with AAG. My representative @ AAG was especially friendly & supportive. The entire process took longer than I anticipated but my AAG representative explained the process was necessary to complete the requirements.

We had as pleasant an experience through the whole process as we could ever expect to have. We sold our larger home about 2 years ago & it was really a bad experience for us. Our professional (David **) guided through the whole process. Without AAG's professionals, the experience would surely have been very frustrating. We weren't real sure about the Reverse Mortgage concept, but after talking with them, we were reassured that we were doing the right thing. Very professional Co.

American Advisors Group (AAG) Company Profile