toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Cindy,

We appreciate you and your husband for choosing AAG for your reverse mortgage loan, and are are happy to hear that we were able to address all of your questions and concerns. Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

-AAG

Original review: March 29, 2017

My husband and I were extremely happy with AAG regarding our reverse mortgage! All of our questions and concerns were answered and addressed to our satisfaction! It was a pleasure dealing with the knowledgeable and understanding people of AAG!

This was an exciting and enlightening experience that I would not have missed even without the money to make the balance of my life easier. The personnel who worked with me were as professional and knowledgeable as any I have encountered. Cory ** was so helpful and never failed to furnish me with the answers to sometimes dumb questions, that I had for him. His great personality always made me believe he intended me to understand the process in every phase. The whole process from application to finish lasted approximately sixty days, and I was made aware of any changes that affected me by Cory and Robert ** several times weekly. I have a friend I have recommended AAG to. My only regret is that I did not do this sooner.

This was the best thing I ever did for myself. My Loan Officer, Bonnie **, was the nicest, most helpful and patient person I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She was able to explain every step of the process in detail and was always very nice to me when I asked the same questions over and over again. This seems too good to be true, but it is for real and will make my life a lot easier financially. The process is pretty quick and I would recommend it to anyone in need.

Very good overall. Everything explained very well. The only drawbacks were long delays between steps, sometimes with no communication. I began the process at the start of June 2016. The loan closed March 9, 2017. Before that were hurdles that had to be met, not all of which AAG had control over. There were various persons handling my case, which likely also contributed to delays. I was very pleased with the service in the final weeks, particularly with loan officer Bryan **.

Aline was an absolute joy to work with and was excellent in letting us know how things were going until everything got settled (reverse mortgage). I would recommend AAG to anybody who asks at this point.

We started our loan in Jan this year. It was funded April 11. That's three months. A lot of the problem was CBC not reading our credit report properly regarding our American Express account. They thought we had two accounts and it took two conference calls and quite a bit of gathering information to finally get them to realize we only had one account, which was current. The amount they were concerned about was $20.00. I reviewed my three credit reports and it was obvious from them that I only have one account with AMX.

I am now told I will have to wait another 3 to 4 weeks before my account is set up so I can start withdrawing the funds. That's going to make it 4 months. I don't know why it should take that long. Good thing I don't need the money right away. The three people I dealt with at AAG were very helpful and it was a pleasure dealing with them. As I said before I can't see why setting up the account after the mortgage has funded takes so long.

I was really impressed with the way my AAG advisor Ciro ** handle our application. I will definitely recommend AAG to anyone who has concerns about the Reverse Mortgage. Thank You.

Everyone we dealt with throughout the loan process was helpful, kind, and professional. The process was quite lengthy but we fully understand the reason why. If we were to do it all over again I can't think of another company that would be better. Thank you for all your help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Advisors Group?

My experience with AAG was a relatively good one, the people who helped me were very courteous and professional. My only dissapointment was that the time it took to get it done was a little longer than was projected, but it is better to get it done correctly, than be sorry. Thanks, C. F.

My experience was a long waiting period due to a loan with another lending group many years ago that was no longer open but the lending group did not show that the loan was paid and closed. When that process was completed, the closing with AAG was swift and very accommodating. I am very pleased with what transpired and I would recommend many people to inquire about the process that AAG offers to qualified customers.

We were very pleased with the whole process. We got the loan in a timely manner, and the amount of paperwork was much less than we expected. Tim ** was very professional as was Assuta **. All in all, a good experience.

I worked with Kyle **. All I can say is he is the very best! He's personable, efficient and really looked out for my best interests. I would recommend (and have recommended) him with the highest recommendation possible.

AAG was professional throughout the entire application process. What they said would happen, happened. Our advisor was super. He was and is available immediately to resolve any questions or concerns. I am confident in AAG.

Our experience with AAG could not have been more favorable. We were very fortunate to have Diva ** as our Reverse Mortgage Professional. She was there for us during the entire loan process always keeping us well informed. Overall an excellent Reverse Mortgage Company with extremely well qualified personnel.

Hi Mary,

It is great to hear that you were happy with your entire experience from beginning to end. Thank you for submitting your review.

-AAG

Original review: April 5, 2017

The mortgage process was handled efficiently and pleasantly from beginning to end, from the first contact (Tony, who stayed in touch through the whole process), to the underwriter, to the appraiser, to the notary - everything went smoothly and each person I dealt with took pains to make sure I understood every step. I would certainly recommend AAG to anyone looking for a reverse mortgage.

The amount of paper to be signed is astronomical. My wife and I spent three hours total in two sessions signing paper forms. I handed over the rights of my life to the military with one signature and an oath. Absolutely ridiculous to have that much paper to sign. Other than that everything went very well and I received what I needed.

It went fairly well, the waiting for every little thing was really stressful and all the paperwork involved was really something else. It really made us stop and think and wonder if we were doing the right thing. But after waiting twice as long as we were told everything turned out for the best.

Our experience with Gia was very professional, and pleasant. We would be very confident to let anyone interested in obtaining a reverse mortgage to contact Gia, she was extremely helpful, always responded to our questions and concerns.

Generally, I was well pleased with the original representative that worked with me. After my initial application process was underway, I was switched to an administrative representative who was not as communicative as the first representative with whom I had contact.

We worked mostly with Vincent ** getting our reverse mortgage. He was always very pleasant when I called him, and answered my questions in a matter that I could understand. I would hardly recommend American Advisors Group.Thank You so much.

Satisfied with everything but the appraisal did not feel it was done fairly. [I have over 30 years experience in banking. Over half of them with home equity loans both fixed and as a line of credit.] Was very happy with Amy.

I have had a positive experience with AAG and the process went smoothly to complete my reverse mortgage with them. Everyone was very kind, courteous, and helpful with questions and I am so glad I contacted AAG. Also glad that I got the reverse mortgage. Having no children or heirs, it was a great deal for me and paid off my home equity loan that didn't seem to get smaller with monthly payments.

A total rewarding experience. Donte ** was a valuable counselor both in helping us directly and recommending people to handle all of the accompanying paperwork. The only thing I "wish" is that I had painted my house before the assessment. I will make that among my "recommendations" to future clients.

Our rep, Sunny ** was very knowledgeable and informative as we worked through the process. My wife and I felt confident that we pretty much understood the paperwork as it was presented and explained. Overall we were kept informed of our status as things progressed. We would have preferred being notified by AAG as soon as our loan was funded. As it was, we received notification from Bank of America that the loan had been funded. We appreciate the overall procedure and the final outcome!

My experience was a nightmare! Not only was the applying for the mortgage, to say the least, was terrible, it didn't end there... I had a roof leak and contacted my home ins. company. They approved the repairs and sent the check to AAG to disperse the proceeds. This was in January... It's now March! I called them this morning to say they still owed me $130 and they replied that the final inspection fee was $130. They had not told me this beforehand and since the roof repair had exceeded the original amount because they had to replace water damaged wood on the roof, I was counting on that money to help pay the overage. The help I got was "I do apologize for any trouble this may have caused you but there is nothing we can do. You were told of the fee." This is soooo untrue. I detest AAG and all their "helpful employees"!

I was shopping online for information about a reverse mortgage when David ** called me regarding info on the reverse mortgage. I decided after shopping around to go with David because he was most knowledgeable, along with being a very personable person who truly seemed to care about my individual situation. I was very pleased with every step along the way and want to let AAG know what a wonderful, intelligent and honest person David ** is!!! I would recommend him highly. Every step in this process was explained to me and always was true in every regard. I could not have had a better "partner" in this process. Thank You so much David!!!

I feel that the AAG reps were very helpful and patient and went to great extent to make sure I understood every aspect of the process. They never tired of answering my many questions. Thank you, Lara!!

Hi Mildred,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear that we were able to provide you with the financial help to remain in your home.

-AAG

Original review: March 11, 2017

Thank you AAG for being there when I reached out to you for financial help. Being a senior with social security and pension income was not enough with inflation prices each year. Thank you AAG for the financial help to remain in my home.

The experience with AAG was a bit chaotic. Greg, the mortgage consultant was very helpful and a pleasure to do business with. This was completely opposite where the loan processor depicted the following behaviors: careless, condescending, rude, unable to clearly and succinctly documentation requirements and just overall hard to do business with. It was only thru Greg's efforts that I continued with AAG and did not switch to another reverse mortgage provider.

The only negative comment I would have is that I felt like I was required to provide reports and statements over and over again. I found Stacy ** a pleasure to work with. She was always very responsive to my needs.

Our representative was Robin **. He was so helpful. Even when we thought it would not go through, he encouraged us to stay positive. He always made sure we understood everything. I would most definitely refer relatives and friends to AAG. We tried to do a reverse mortgage 2 years ago but did not have enough equity, but our representative kept in constant contact via email until we were able to start the process. So, I would suggest if you think you do not qualify still contact AAG to see what you can do to qualify and then they will stay with you until you are ready to begin. We are so elated to be done with our reverse mortgage and now can enjoy the traveling that we have not been able to afford to do. So now the fun begins! Thank You AAG!!!

I don't know if it is possible to streamline the Reverse Mortgage process, in light of all the government and legalese imposed sanctions, but it would be welcome! My particular case required over 3 months to process and the clearcutting of 3 acres of old growth forest to provide enough paper (not to mention writer's cramp from signing 3 reams of 8.5 X 11 sheets of paper... in triplicate)! All that aside; the aforementioned negatives were ameliorated to a great degree by my personal AAG representative Ms. Aline **. She took great pains to walk me through the application and processing of this Reverse Mortgage. At all times she was pleasant, professional, extremely knowledgeable, and a veritable joy to work with!

So to sum it up, I now have access to the cash equity of my home, and I have survived the experience with only minor impact from the aging process! I am extremely thankful for all the extra efforts of Ms. ** and the help she provided for me to have a more secure retirement. AAG and its very competent people provide a valuable service for those who choose to avail themselves of this financial instrument. Kudos!

It was a wonderful experience working with Kim and Jason throughout the process. They were both professional and efficient. There were a lot of steps and it did take awhile, but I understand the need to proceed cautiously since it is such a major step in someone's life.

American Advisors Group (AAG) Company Profile