American Advisors Group (AAG)
toll free
Call now for more information

American Advisors Group (AAG)

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Would recommend to others, everything went smoothly except the appraiser help us up a little cause she thought she knew more than she did. But after I finally convinced her to do things the way AAG asked for, everything went according to plan. Thanks for all your help Bert. Do have one question, I thought I understood that the reverse mortgage funds were tax free, am I right?

To this point we didn't have any problems. Mario was great. He walked us through everything and if we didn't understand he would go over it until we did. He was very patient and made us feel very comfortable.

I was very pleased with Bryan and the information he provided. I was not pleased with the delay in processing everything. I still do not understand why they needed the information on my condo, which is paid for with no debts of any kind. The delay almost caused me to cancel my application. In the end everything worked out fine.

Our agent, Bryton **, was very helpful and professional. My wife & I would recommend AAG & Mr ** to anyone seeking a reverse mortgage. Every facet of the process was explained thoroughly, and in a timely manner, so that we could obtain documents.

Brent ** and Clarice ** are great to work with.They explain and clarify the process to make it understandable. You can count on them because they do what they say they will. If anyone is thinking of a Reverse Mortgage please give these folks a call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Advisors Group?

I was very satisfied with my experience with the all the kind, experienced people that worked with me. They helped to take care of problems I had. Their advice helped me with the whole transaction. Their service was excellent. My sincere thanks to Sunny ** and Denica **.

I am satisfied with my experience with AAG. My representative @ AAG was especially friendly & supportive. The entire process took longer than I anticipated but my AAG representative explained the process was necessary to complete the requirements.

We had as pleasant an experience through the whole process as we could ever expect to have. We sold our larger home about 2 years ago & it was really a bad experience for us. Our professional (David **) guided through the whole process. Without AAG's professionals, the experience would surely have been very frustrating. We weren't real sure about the Reverse Mortgage concept, but after talking with them, we were reassured that we were doing the right thing. Very professional Co.

I assisted my 90-year-old mother with her reverse mortgage application at AAG and am very pleased with the thorough and frequent communication offered by our reverse mortgage professional. There were no surprises from start to finish. AAG's representative explained all steps required to complete the loan and worked hard to accommodate my aging mother's needs. I especially appreciate the personal attention provided to mom. Although mom preferred to travel to the office, AAG offered to send the necessary persons to her home if needed. Our loan agent personally met her in the lobby and ensured she did not have to walk far.

In the end, there was a small discrepancy which AAG corrected in good faith and honesty. I spoke with other companies about mom's home equity conversion mortgage and although we were offered what sounded like better deals, in the end AAG offered the best combination of good rates and excellent service. I highly recommend AAG for a home equity conversion mortgage.

Jared **, my AAG point of contact, was professional and knowledgeable throughout the process. Dealings with the loan officer was fraught with mistakes and misinformation which seemed to be caused by nothing more than incompetence.

I had heard all sorts of horror stories about reverse mortgages. I had no need to worry. Troy, our advisor, was so easy to work with. We saw Tom Selleck on the TV and things went just like he said. These folks are good.

I had a wonderful experience with AAG. Philip ** was very patient with me and explained each of my concerns thoroughly. He never rushed when we were discussing different aspects of the process, and made sure that I understood what he was saying and always returned my calls in a timely manner.

Because of the professionalism of Joyce **, my experience with AAG was a confident decision. She answered my questions to my satisfaction, even provided information I did ask for but she knew I needed to know. I am grateful that she is dedicated enough to make sure the customer is informed. It is a comfort to know that I can now handle any financial demands that might occur.

The people I dealt with were always considerate. My biggest issue was the long time it took to complete my loan. It took months. And some problems were not communicated to me promptly and took weeks to resolve. My agent, Diva **, seemed unable to help me... it was "out of her hands”. Not good management of an account.

Celia ** was a great help in helping us to understand about the reverse mortgage... She kept in touch with us just to make sure we were having with the process... We will definitely recommend her to our family and friends...

My husband, Charles (Buzz) and I were pleased with the service. Our agent, Matthew ** was very professional and just a great guy to talk with. The process took longer than I had hoped but we ran into several complications which Matt helped with. We believe this was the right thing for us and it has relieved the minds of our children. I have recommended AAG to my brother who lives in West Virginia. He and I will be talking more now that the holidays are over. We think the appraisal is fair and correct. Thank you, Matt.

We are very satisfied with our reverse mortgage with AAG. John ** was very courteous and walked us through every step. He answered all our questions and was very knowledgeable. He made us feel very comfortable and now we have the financial freedom we need. I would recommend AAG to everyone.

I think the interest is too high; I believe I had more Equity, and the final amount allocated to me was not all of it. I should not have to wait one year for the rest of it!! I have requested twice for a statement showing the interest amount by month so I can pay on it so that my beneficiary won't have to when I'm not on this earth anymore. Other than that my experience with Donny ** was very good and he knew his job well.

Good initial dialogue and information in a timely manner. However, the process was very lengthy, and some of the initial estimates on when the process would be complete and the money available were very far off.

From the initial telephone call to the final agreement I was very satisfied with all aspects of my communication with my AAG representative. She was very knowledge, professional and most of all helpful with the reverse mortgage opportunity.

ML and I were very pleased in the way the team at AAG helped us get the mortgage. A special thanks to Chuck **. We will definitely use this mortgage to improve our home and be more financially stable. It will allow us to stay in our home and pay our taxes and insurance and make home improvements as necessary. Thanks again for all you have done for us.

I recommend AAG for a reverse mortgage. I had Frank ** as our representative, he was outstanding. The process took a bit longer than we had 1st thought but it actually was NOT that difficult at all. In closing, anyone thinking about a Reverse Mortgage, go AAG... And ask for Frank...

From our first contact with AAG, we were treated with the utmost courtesy and efficiency by everyone we consulted with. Our loan advisor, Felicia **, answered our questions completely and succinctly. She notified us when people would be coming to see us, and informed us as to what would be happening. The whole process was comfortable, and happened very quickly. Most important was the fact that whenever I called for information, if Felicia was not available at the time, she would call back right away, and answered all my concerns. We are very pleased with the whole process, and have already spoken to friends about checking with AAG for information on Reverse Mortgages.

Bill ** is an asset to your company. He went above our expectations. He walked us through the process and made sure we understood the different steps it takes to comply with reverse mortgage. He communicated very well with us, by keeping us informed about what would be happening next. He is very kind and professional. Everything went so smooth. Bill is a great guy and it was a pleasure to work with him. Everyone was very kind and considerate.

If it were possible to have negative stars I would be at least at a negative 5 stars. I can't begin to express the stress and "torture" that AAG put us through. The process started in early October 2016 when we sold our condo and signed a contract to purchase a villa with a closing date of Nov 14. This type of purchase requires a payment of roughly 50% of the purchase price down. Our credit is in the excellent category and we have other assets such as rental properties, 401K, etc. We were told that our original folder was clean and there should be no problems.

This is when our problems began. It's unimaginable the requests that started happening. Duplicated requests. No possible relevance requests. Nov 14 came and no closing. We were told on the 14th we were approved with a list of 8 conditions. These were all minor documents that were provided the same day (7) and (1) the next. It kept going on and on. There was never any type of explanation other than one AAG employee starting that they do thousands of these loans monthly and we would just have to wait.

There are only a handful of companies that process these types of transactions so their customer care or concern does not exist. Our only hope is that more companies, Banks become involved with good customer care and put AAG to shame. I would imagine that if you are doing a traditional reverse mortgage you can expect better results, but not guaranteed as it appears that about 20% of the reviews refer to unreasonable delays. Finally, on Dec. 30th we were able to close. The product is a good one and it's just unfortunate that AAG has a captive audience and deals with folder numbers -- not humans. BEWARE!

I truly appreciate the professionalism, sincerity, warmth, and speed of service and assistance extended to me by Nermeen **, my Reverse Mortgage Professional. She guided me through with patience and understanding. She was always available to answer my questions and inquiry without delay, to which I am so grateful. She made the requirements easy for me to accomplish. She is a gem. I surely will recommend AAG to family and friends. Thank you.

I was totally frustrated with the length of time to process my request, not to mention disappointed. We've had quick and timely responses from Sylvia **, but every time we called to check on the progress we were told, "We're working on it." It took from the end of July to the end of December to finally get a check and at this point I'm not even sure it was worth it. If I had to do it over again, I would find another source other than AAG.

I really really want you guys to know that AAG came thru for it really took a long time to get the ball rolling, but once it got rolling they didn't stop until the end, I finalize every piece of paperwork. Five star is what they get and I had read and heard a lot about them and they met all my criteria. So pleasant and helpful and friendly people (lenders) and etc. that I spoke to. Patience people, understanding people. I just want to say thanks again for everybody that was involved and who had to be paid.

Very Professional, knowledgeable, pleasant! Caring about her clients concerns & needs! Genuine! Very pleased With AAG. I will now be able to stay in the home That my late wife and Raised our Children in! Thanks JoAnne!

We found that the reverse mortgage process took much longer than we expected or were told. There were many delays and hassles, and we were definitely not satisfied with some of the employees assigned to us. It was frustrating, exhausting, and very difficult for seniors with all our limitations; and we felt that many mistakes were made. However, we finally passed their requirements and received the loan. Rough going!

American Advisors Group (AAG) Company Profile