American Advisors Group (AAG)
toll free
Call now for more information

American Advisors Group (AAG)

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We worked mostly with Vincent ** getting our reverse mortgage. He was always very pleasant when I called him, and answered my questions in a matter that I could understand. I would hardly recommend American Advisors Group.Thank You so much.

Satisfied with everything but the appraisal did not feel it was done fairly. [I have over 30 years experience in banking. Over half of them with home equity loans both fixed and as a line of credit.] Was very happy with Amy.

I have had a positive experience with AAG and the process went smoothly to complete my reverse mortgage with them. Everyone was very kind, courteous, and helpful with questions and I am so glad I contacted AAG. Also glad that I got the reverse mortgage. Having no children or heirs, it was a great deal for me and paid off my home equity loan that didn't seem to get smaller with monthly payments.

A total rewarding experience. Donte ** was a valuable counselor both in helping us directly and recommending people to handle all of the accompanying paperwork. The only thing I "wish" is that I had painted my house before the assessment. I will make that among my "recommendations" to future clients.

Our rep, Sunny ** was very knowledgeable and informative as we worked through the process. My wife and I felt confident that we pretty much understood the paperwork as it was presented and explained. Overall we were kept informed of our status as things progressed. We would have preferred being notified by AAG as soon as our loan was funded. As it was, we received notification from Bank of America that the loan had been funded. We appreciate the overall procedure and the final outcome!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Advisors Group?

My experience was a nightmare! Not only was the applying for the mortgage, to say the least, was terrible, it didn't end there... I had a roof leak and contacted my home ins. company. They approved the repairs and sent the check to AAG to disperse the proceeds. This was in January... It's now March! I called them this morning to say they still owed me $130 and they replied that the final inspection fee was $130. They had not told me this beforehand and since the roof repair had exceeded the original amount because they had to replace water damaged wood on the roof, I was counting on that money to help pay the overage. The help I got was "I do apologize for any trouble this may have caused you but there is nothing we can do. You were told of the fee." This is soooo untrue. I detest AAG and all their "helpful employees"!

I was shopping online for information about a reverse mortgage when David ** called me regarding info on the reverse mortgage. I decided after shopping around to go with David because he was most knowledgeable, along with being a very personable person who truly seemed to care about my individual situation. I was very pleased with every step along the way and want to let AAG know what a wonderful, intelligent and honest person David ** is!!! I would recommend him highly. Every step in this process was explained to me and always was true in every regard. I could not have had a better "partner" in this process. Thank You so much David!!!

I feel that the AAG reps were very helpful and patient and went to great extent to make sure I understood every aspect of the process. They never tired of answering my many questions. Thank you, Lara!!

Thank you AAG for being there when I reached out to you for financial help. Being a senior with social security and pension income was not enough with inflation prices each year. Thank you AAG for the financial help to remain in my home.

The experience with AAG was a bit chaotic. Greg, the mortgage consultant was very helpful and a pleasure to do business with. This was completely opposite where the loan processor depicted the following behaviors: careless, condescending, rude, unable to clearly and succinctly documentation requirements and just overall hard to do business with. It was only thru Greg's efforts that I continued with AAG and did not switch to another reverse mortgage provider.

The only negative comment I would have is that I felt like I was required to provide reports and statements over and over again. I found Stacy ** a pleasure to work with. She was always very responsive to my needs.

Our representative was Robin **. He was so helpful. Even when we thought it would not go through, he encouraged us to stay positive. He always made sure we understood everything. I would most definitely refer relatives and friends to AAG. We tried to do a reverse mortgage 2 years ago but did not have enough equity, but our representative kept in constant contact via email until we were able to start the process. So, I would suggest if you think you do not qualify still contact AAG to see what you can do to qualify and then they will stay with you until you are ready to begin. We are so elated to be done with our reverse mortgage and now can enjoy the traveling that we have not been able to afford to do. So now the fun begins! Thank You AAG!!!

I don't know if it is possible to streamline the Reverse Mortgage process, in light of all the government and legalese imposed sanctions, but it would be welcome! My particular case required over 3 months to process and the clearcutting of 3 acres of old growth forest to provide enough paper (not to mention writer's cramp from signing 3 reams of 8.5 X 11 sheets of paper... in triplicate)! All that aside; the aforementioned negatives were ameliorated to a great degree by my personal AAG representative Ms. Aline **. She took great pains to walk me through the application and processing of this Reverse Mortgage. At all times she was pleasant, professional, extremely knowledgeable, and a veritable joy to work with!

So to sum it up, I now have access to the cash equity of my home, and I have survived the experience with only minor impact from the aging process! I am extremely thankful for all the extra efforts of Ms. ** and the help she provided for me to have a more secure retirement. AAG and its very competent people provide a valuable service for those who choose to avail themselves of this financial instrument. Kudos!

This was the best thing I ever did for myself. My Loan Officer, Bonnie **, was the nicest, most helpful and patient person I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She was able to explain every step of the process in detail and was always very nice to me when I asked the same questions over and over again. This seems too good to be true, but it is for real and will make my life a lot easier financially. The process is pretty quick and I would recommend it to anyone in need.

It was a wonderful experience working with Kim and Jason throughout the process. They were both professional and efficient. There were a lot of steps and it did take awhile, but I understand the need to proceed cautiously since it is such a major step in someone's life.

Well it would have been a 5 star but it took you guys forever to get this closed. With that aside I was very pleased with the outcome. My Agent, Melinda ** was awesome. She kept me informed all the way through and in a couple occasions went well beyond the call of duty to get things done. I really appreciated that. Thanks to ALL!

Good experience. My agent Robin was fantastic. He was patient and thorough. He addressed all my concerns. Everything was explained to me in detail. I would highly recommend AAG. Their people (especially my agent Robin) were knowledgeable and efficient. Please accept my thanks for a job well done.

They were very professional and helpful. Explained process very well. I could not give them a 5 star because of the time delay in processing the loan. The processor evidently left the company and our file got lost for a while. However; once I called and they discovered the problem they moved quickly to get us back on track.

The sales rep and the closer from AAG were both extremely knowledgeable and helpful. This was the simplest real estate transaction I have ever experienced. I was happy with the result and very relieved that there were no hidden surprises. From application to close was under 60 days, which is what I had expected. AAG is refreshingly customer oriented.

The representative that I worked with was Carol and she was a true professional. She was there for me through the entire process and made sure that I kept up to date with everything. The process was extremely easy with her help. I was out of town when the final papers needed to be signed and she made sure that someone in the local area where I was at brought the paperwork out to me and then returned it to the company. I was very pleased with all of the service and Carol went out of her way to get everything done in a timely manner. She made it all so easy.

Several weeks after the closing I had a question about my property tax not being paid. Left 2 messages for Gail & one for Andrew. No return call at this point so I won't recommend your company or the two people I worked with.

Worked with Britney ** to obtain a reverse mortgage. My work career was in Sales and Marketing and I recognize and appreciate good customer service. Britney is outstanding not only because of her product knowledge but because she is truly customer oriented. She listens to questions and concerns and provides information and answers; even if it is not what you want to hear. She has great empathy and understanding of what her customers are experiencing. I wish I had had more staff like her while I was in business. I will definitely recommend AAG.

It was a tough decision for my wife and I to make, but after visiting with Lara, who is truly a professional and very good at what she does, we decided at this point in our life, it would be the best thing to do. AAG made it easy for us. We would definitely recommend AAG to anyone looking to do a reverse mortgage.

My overall experience with AAG customer service has been negative. When AAG needs something from me they use unnecessary high-pressure tactics and threatening letters to get a response. When I need something from AAG, I am faced with red tape, no call backs, long waits, and disrespect (when given incorrect instructions). I recently requested payoff numbers for Feb and Mar be mailed to me. When they did not arrive, I called. They erroneously emailed them instead (I needed a paper copy). Now the Feb payoff numbers will arrive in March.

I found AAG and its representatives, especially my primary resource, Mr. **, very easy to work with. The entire process was thoroughly explained from the beginning, timely updates in the process were provided and I never failed to receive immediate responses to questions and concerns. I would most definitely refer any friends who might consider a reverse mortgage to AAG.

Our AAG Team led by Daryl ** worked hard with us to obtain the necessary documents for our much needed Reverse Mortgage over a period of 4 months. We were in contact by email and telephone frequently and it has been a good experience in all. We will recommend AAG to friends and family and thank everyone concerned in making this transaction a reality for us!

Very efficient and helpful. Promptly returned phone calls. Money disbursed quickly after closing. I would highly recommend AAG to anyone seeking a reverse mortgage. They will walk you through steps in your own home. I feel lucky Rebecca ** was recommended to me.

The reverse mortgage I applied for with your company was a very pleasant experience, there was not pressure in any way and my advisor Caroyln was very pleasant and really knew what she was doing! The whole process was quick and very easy and I have already told others to apply with AAG if they wanted a reverse mortgage because they are very professional.

Our entire experience with AAG was very positive. Having the opportunity to talk to one person through the entire transaction was a definite plus to accomplish our final goal. Very professional and yet very personable.

Thank you to our loan processor William ** for leading us through this maze. We picked the right company. Was right for us. We can be comfortable in the rest of our retirement. Thank you Bill and all the staff that answered our questions. You provide a wonderful service for seniors.

American Advisors Group (AAG) Company Profile