toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dominick is very intelligent, dedicated, hard working person who enjoys his job. Dominick is extremely patient, explains in details your concerns and will walk you through the process of obtaining a Reverse Mortgage. If he was not my advisor I probably would not have chosen this company. It took approximately 4 months to decide if Reverse Mortgage was right for me. I was scared and confused. Dominick reassured me I was making the right decision. I could call Dominick at work or at home, he was never too busy to answer my questions.

Dominick also informed me that it's mandatory for me to meet with a FHA counselor to make sure I was not misinformed by him and that I understood what was told to me. The FHA counselor reiterated exactly what Dominick had explained along with them alternatives of not taking a Reverse Mortgage. Dominick was with me throughout this entire process to closing. I would definitely recommend AAG and to definitely ask for Dominick.

Representative was very knowledgeable and helpful from Day 1. AAG sent info that answered most questions we had on Reverse Mortgages. Great experience. Would highly recommend AAG if you are in the market for a Reverse Mortgage. Our Representative Kevin ** was one of the hardest working and most professional Representatives I have ever worked with in any Company!

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience working with American Advisors Group. It's great to hear that our team did such a great job throughout the entire process. We appreciate your business.

-AAG

Original review: June 16, 2017

After years of trying to decide whether or not to get a reverse mortgage I went to AAG's website to see what they had to offer. Shortly after I got a phone call from Brian from AAG. We had a discussion for an hour or so. He answered all my questions and made sure I was getting all the information I was looking for. I was impressed by the way I was treated. I never felt rushed. He never gave me the impression he couldn't wait to hang up and go on to the next call. It was such nice experience. I finally decided to apply for the reverse mortgage.

The application process was extremely easy. When there were papers to sign they sent a person to my house; I never had to go anywhere during this process. The counseling part was an hour phone call. They sent the closer to my house for the final paperwork that had to be signed. The whole process from original call to closing took less than 6 weeks. I now have a line of credit to use whenever I want. I heartily recommend AAG. They are fast, efficient and know how to treat their customers.

The reverse mortgage through AAG has already become a life changer for me at 86 years of age. All my bills are paid off, I have a newer car, and I can finally afford to get the hearing aids I have wanted for years. The process was relatively smooth with just a couple of hiccups along the way but my mortgage consultant Alex was always there with the solution to make things work. This is definitely something senior homeowners should look into for the future. AAG is a great company to deal with on this type matter.

I was very pleased with the service I received from Susan and Tamara. Susan our first agent was very kind and understanding as was Tamara. The only problem is that there was a lot of duplicate forms for my 91 year old mother to signed which to me was a little extreme. Also there seems to be a miscommunication with areas of your company. For example we are still getting papers on insurance for the reverse mortgage which I was told does not pertain to our type of mortgage. I just think for the older customers you could make it a little easier on them understanding all these forms.

My experience was very positive except for the availability of a notary in my area. I found a notary myself because the notary that AAG contacted was 100 miles away and responded after we had already completed our transactions. Ms. ** answered all my concerns promptly. She was wonderful to deal with.

The application process was lengthy and required some information that was decades old. The process wasn't a bad process, just long, and I can understand why.

Kevin **, our mortgage loan originator, was wonderful. He was always there to answer our questions and, if necessary, to walk us through something we didn't understand. And even though we have our first loan installment, Kevin is still there if we need him. Btw, we love Tom Selleck. He's the reason my husband made that first phone call to AAG.

It was a positive experience thanks to AAG rep. Bob ** and his support staff. Other than it being a lengthy process with a mountain of paperwork (which I understand is necessary), I would be happy to recommend AAG, if anyone were to ask me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Advisors Group?

I am extremely pleased with the loan process. Every aspect was professionally handled and the few problem we had were resolved quickly with minimal impact on the process. I was kept informed at all times on the status of my application.

I acquired a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage Line of Credit from AAG. I would never have known this was available so I could access my equity to have a new roof put on and pay off some credit cards. It is so much better than having that equity money just lie dormant.

My experience was shaped by the superb work of Alex **. Alex told me everything I needed to know and he answered all of my questions. He was always there for me by phone or e-mail. He told me in detail about all the things that would happen in the process. Thanks Alex.

Process started off fairly well, Candace ** handled things extremely well, all things in which she was involved went very smooth, it was once other people got involved that things got frustrating. The counseling session was a joke, total waste of $150, that they tried to get us to pay twice. As I said Candace was great and really knew her job, but others there seemed to be really confused. After our appraisal we were told to expect a UPS package which never came. We waited a Week, called Candace, she had to find out what happened and a few days later it arrived. A few days went by and I received a call wanting to know if we had filled out the papers in the package and returned them, again there were no papers just the appraisal. After this was taken care of we heard nothing for a while.

We had a vacation planned and were on our way when we received call from Candace informing us we were scheduled to close the in a couple of days. I called Her and said this would not work as we were 800 miles from home. She arranged for the closing to take place at our hotel, which altered our plans for that day. Next we heard from another person at AAG stating that since we found an over charge in our final papers, we would have to resubmit 20 pages of our agreement, and fax them back and since we had no fax machine, this cost us an additional $20, and we had to cut our vacation short and return home. Then we were notified that we would be getting another UPS package that had information that needed to be signed, this too, never arrived. We called as I was really concerned and the person told us the package had shown as Delivered. We searched everywhere around our house and no package.

At this point I was frantic thinking that someone had almost every piece of information on me and they could take everything I owned. Finally we called to get a tracking number for the delivery and the person my wife talked to, said that it was not a package but a shipping label for information that we had faxed a few days earlier. My wife was quite upset with this comedy of errors and told the person that it seemed that the right hand didn't know what the left was doing and that we came home early from our trip, and the response was, sorry. This makes it all better.

Well, SORRY I can't give you a good review. Finally the whole thing ended, thankfully. Would I do this again, NO, would I recommend it to a friend, probably not. If it were not for Candace, this would have been a total fiasco, she was the only person that really had a handle on what was happening, and if it were not for her I would have stopped the whole process, but she could not do it alone, too bad she did not have a better support staff.

Our experience working with Scott ** was very satisfying. We had confidence in the whole process because everything was explained to us so that we could fully understand what we needed to do to accomplish this reverse mortgage and we fully understand what the future holds for us. Scott was very professional and at the same time friendly and encouraging every step of the way.

Loretta ** always helpful and responsive. Amount of paper excessive and unreal! Months required for completion, and now, weeks after closing, still do not have a final report of cash available... Although I have received last week information from your Service Department in Lansing Michigan. Withdrawal from line-of-credit requires a paper form; disappointed that it can not be done by telephone with direct deposit... Although there was something about a letter from my bank that would allow this. Too encumbering!

My wife and are very satisfied with the service we received from AAG. Cory ** who worked with us was very helpful and took care of any questions or concerns we had. We would recommend them to anyone interested in taking out a reverse mortgage. The whole process took about 2 months.

I had a great experience with AAG except when it came time for the check to be deposited. First, they put the wrong name on the deposit, and then the wrong bank, then finally after numerous telephone calls the same day, whoever was responsible finally got it right. Whoever is in charge of doing paperwork on making out the deposits and sending the information to the correct bank with the correct name should be retrained. She was also quite rude and talked to me as I was someone she wished had not called. Were I in charge she would be replaced with someone who enjoyed doing the right thing and making corrections that need to be made without a fuss.

I shopped around to various companies, and decided on AAG. My advisor, Michael **, was knowledgeable, professional, and extremely patient with my many questions as I shopped around. I happy with my decision.

It was a good experience and Dori ** was/is very well informed thus giving me accurate answers to my questions. My only question is a statement I received stating I had $836 available for draw and I don't understand why, when available, etc.

We were treated very professionally and thoughtfully. Working with Nathan ** was a pleasant experience. He communicated everything we needed to know or do in a very thorough way. All aspects of the reverse mortgage were explained very clearly and he offered suggestions throughout the process! Thank you, Nathan!

Right from the application straight through to the closing, Adrena kept me informed on what stage my loan was at. In this day and age it is rare to experience her degree of personal attention especially during a transaction done over the phone. Many thanks go out to Andrena **.

I asked many questions on many topics of Carol ** and they were answered. I kept asking for more time to make my decision on a Reverse Mortgage and she always said, “Of course. If you need to be sure this is what you have to do.” This time gave me more assurance I was doing the right thing.

The concept of a reverse mortgage was completely foreign to us until a few months ago when we decided to learn more, and ultimately chose AAG for this learning curve process. Fortunately, we were linked to Mr. George ** who in a very professional, yet patient and caring manner, educated us first answering any and all questions at any time, and then leading us through the maze of credit reports, documents, etc., etc... This was no small task given our original inherent hesitancy. We appreciated his obvious understanding, his attention to detail and due diligence, and clearly his attitude in general as he assisted us in making decisions necessary to the process. He is a significant reason why AAG is so successful in the reverse mortgage arena. Thank you George ** and AAG for an overall pleasant experience.

Jared ** was my representative and he was courteous, friendly, ever-helpful with any of my questions. I am thankful for everything that Jared did for me during this process guiding me along the way. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends.

My wife and I were, at first, very skeptical of the expense of obtaining a reverse mortgage. My Reverse Mortgage Professional was with me every step of the way explaining the answers to all my questions, of which I had many. The final results were a perfect fit for my situation. We received a lump sum which I used to pay off all my debt and at the same time have enough to put into savings for emergencies. We also receive a monthly payment that helps to improve our quality of life. I cannot thank my agent, Lynn **, enough for the personalized service that she gave me during the entire process.

I found the company to be professional and thorough. I enjoyed my AAG Representative Mark ** because he followed through to find the answers I sought. I also found Michelle ** to be professional and helpful.

AAG has been very helpful to us. We are both over 64 and raising a new family. We also have medical expenses and a mortgage on the house. Not what we expected. Fixed income, debt and child raising expenses (9 & 11). This will give us some breathing room until we can pay down the debts. Then we can concentrate on the mortgage, without fear of losing our home.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Richard,

Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Please feel free to call us at (866) 948-0003 or email us at comments@aag.com so our CARES Team work towards finding a resolution.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Interest has already been charged to the mortgage and cannot contact those with AAG that worked on the loan as they do not answer any email nor return any telephone call as to when this equity money will be sent electronically to our checking account. This question of when should not be that difficult to answer.

I would recommend AAG to anyone looking to do a Reverse Mortgage. Everyone at AAG was professional and informed. The entire experience was pretty much painless. The entire process, from first contact through loan closing, took about six weeks. This included application, property inspection and closing.

Our experience with AAG was positive... Our agent, Bill ** was helpful and responsive to our concerns and questions. The process did take longer than we expected but went smoothly. We would have no problem referring friends who are interested in a reverse mortgage.

Excellent experience and very helpful and responsive throughout the process of the AAG Reverse Mortgage. George explained everything so well and was responsive to any questions I had. Very Positive and would recommend to anyone considering a Reverse Mortgage. Thank you.

The people I worked with were very responsive to my questions. They did their best to get my paperwork ready for closing. The notary that was chosen was in a rush to finish this closing, and was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. Unprofessional. Tim ** is the best at AAG. Thanks.

This service would be great for a person or family who does not have available funds to fix sudden problems or just relax for a while. Things can be thought over as to how to fix up or modernize your property without having to worry about another bill added to the ones you have already trying to pay back a bank loan. In my experience from the beginning AAG started off helping me understand the program. Every stage of the process I was introduced to very helpful and professional people who were very friendly from the gentleman who introduced himself and got me started, the Appraisers all the way down to the Line of Credit Department. Thanks AAG!

Pleasant experience. We were informed of the process (reverse mortgage) as it proceeded through each step. John ** followed through on all questions to ensure we knew where in the process we were at all times. We have been able to clear most of our debts which allows us to live more easily on our fixed income. We would recommend AAG to anyone thinking about a reverse mortgage.

American Advisors Group (AAG) Company Profile