toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Cindy,

We appreciate you and your husband for choosing AAG for your reverse mortgage loan, and are are happy to hear that we were able to address all of your questions and concerns. Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

-AAG

Original review: March 29, 2017

My husband and I were extremely happy with AAG regarding our reverse mortgage! All of our questions and concerns were answered and addressed to our satisfaction! It was a pleasure dealing with the knowledgeable and understanding people of AAG!

This was an exciting and enlightening experience that I would not have missed even without the money to make the balance of my life easier. The personnel who worked with me were as professional and knowledgeable as any I have encountered. Cory ** was so helpful and never failed to furnish me with the answers to sometimes dumb questions, that I had for him. His great personality always made me believe he intended me to understand the process in every phase. The whole process from application to finish lasted approximately sixty days, and I was made aware of any changes that affected me by Cory and Robert ** several times weekly. I have a friend I have recommended AAG to. My only regret is that I did not do this sooner.

This was the best thing I ever did for myself. My Loan Officer, Bonnie **, was the nicest, most helpful and patient person I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She was able to explain every step of the process in detail and was always very nice to me when I asked the same questions over and over again. This seems too good to be true, but it is for real and will make my life a lot easier financially. The process is pretty quick and I would recommend it to anyone in need.

Hi William,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience on ConsumerAffairs. We are happy to hear that you received great customer service, and that we were able to address your questions. Enjoy your trip to Australia!

-AAG

Original review: May 16, 2017

The very best customer service on all levels. Always there for questions and answers. I am in Australia now visiting family, I could have only been able to do this because of the caring and swiftness of your team.

Reverse Mortgage: I learned so much and was very well informed by my advisor Sergio **... I knew very little about the procedure and learned it was more like an equity line of credit. Sergio and his staff were very efficient, followed through and answered all my questions.

Hello Lamar,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. American Advisors Group has a special department called the CARES Team that was specifically formed to help address these types of matters. Please feel free to give us a call at (866) 948-0003 or via email at comments@aag.com.

-AAG

Original review: May 15, 2017

Hello! I was in the process of obtaining information for a Reverse Mortgage with representative Sean **. Before making any decisions, I wanted to make sure I understand the process. I had several questions. The representative stated they could not do until I completed a financial assessment etc. In my opinion I do not need to do that at this time. I already know I qualify for an FHA Loan and reverse mortgage. I also do not want my credit check ran at this time due to I had a score of 825 and due to re-finance shopping it is now about 790. So until we get down to at least ballpark figures, I am not going to continue to have credit checks ran and then find out the company is not in the ballpark of offerings. Mr. ** became very angry and informed me that I did not know what I was talking about when it came to Reverse Mortgages when I explained what other lenders had informed me about reverse mortgages?

I did not disagree with Mr. ** since this is the reason, we are discussing. In my opinion it is Mr. ** job to explain the process in a professional and courteous manner. I informed Mr. ** that the home was a Manf. Home built in 1989. I already know the home qualifies for a Reverse Mortgage. Then Mr. ** then appeared to become very flustered and informed me that the home probably did not meet qualifications anyway. I stated if it did not qualify then they could not do a loan. He stated thanks for wasting his time and hung up. I would expect representatives of the American Advisors Group AAG to be professional in manner and courteous to clients. Mr. ** was neither professional or courteous and was very rude. Please review the recorded conversation tapes if recorded. I am sure Mr. ** does not represent AAG using this attitude and manner. (Maybe he was having a bad day but this is no excuse.) Thank you.

The entire transaction moved along very well with Felicia constant oversight. We scheduled our closing for 4/24 at 10am. On the 21st we received a call that EOM business was booming and we may be bumped but a supv would call over weekend. No call, no closing. Very irritating. Lawyer showed up next day but we were left hanging with no communication. Not the best way to close an otherwise outstanding transaction.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your glowing review. We are happy to hear that your reverse mortgage loan has had such a positive impact on your financial stability and brought you peace of mind.

-AAG

Original review: May 8, 2017

I have the utmost praise for AAG and the professionalism that was displayed during the entire process, from the application to the closing! Our reverse mortgage has provided my wife and I with funds for emergencies and also a line of credit for the unforeseen in the future and not to mention the elimination of monthly mortgage payments (what a blessing that is). We would be remiss if we did not mention our reverse mortgage professional Ms. Synethia ** who handled all of our administrative requirements from start to finish with ease and professionalism. Many thanks goes to her and AAG for the peace of mind that my wife and I now share!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Advisors Group?

I found my experience with AAG to be very enjoyable. This was due to my agent Debi **. She is a true professional and should be the ambassador for AAG. She left no question unanswered. She actually answered my questions, before I asked. She is truly concerned with each client and treats them like we are her ONLY client, when in fact she has many at one time she is dealing with. She made this process very pleasant and fast. I would recommend Debi to EVERYONE!!!

We have been considering a reverse mortgage for several years. We have received many different opinions and most of them were negative. However, it always appeared to be something that would work for us. I simply consider it as an interim finance vehicle and I am very happy we finally did it. The staff at AAG has been very helpful and professional.

Hi Richard,

We are happy to hear that your reverse mortgage loan has brought your family increased financial stability. Thank you for choosing American Advisors Group.

-AAG

Original review: May 5, 2017

The reverse mortgage ensures me that my spouse would not encounter financial difficulty if I pass away before her because her income, being less than mine, would not be sufficient pay the mortgage as well as her other obligations. Now that we do not have to make mortgage payments, we will be able to build up our savings account to an acceptable level. At the same time, we will be able to afford more of the comforts of life for the rest of our existence.

Mr. Manuel **, is a good loan rep. Although processing of my application took almost a year Mr. **, convinced me to apply the 1st time & re-apply. The 2nd time, I am so glad I followed his advice. Finally, I got the loan.

Reverse Mortgage: Everyone was very professional and helpful by being available, answering all my questions explaining the whole process in a very understandable way. The people who came to my home always called to set appointments and always arrived on time!

I had the most amazing experience with AAG, especially with Lindsay **. She made a very difficult time in my life trying to make decisions without the assistance of my spouse of 47 years so easy. She listened attentively as I often babbled about my life and family. She explained every step and procedure. I would and will be recommending her to my friends.

Insufficient response received

Hi Drew,

All feedback is important to American Advisors Group and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We welcome you to contact our CARES Team at (866) 948-0003 so that we can work towards finding a resolution.

-AAG

Original review: May 2, 2017

Unfortunately I had to switch the FHA financing for a purchase loan and when we tried to pull an FHA case number AAG had already pulled one. The borrower they had pulled it for was deceased for a reverse mortgage and they never cancelled it. And when we asked them to transfer the case number they gave us a canned response. When I called and politely asked for a rush they said it is a process to transfer for it but since it is a different borrower they only needed to log into FHA and click on transfer. They delayed the closing of the purchase loan for a week and I don't appreciate being lied to.

Hi Gerald,

We are glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your experience. Thank you for recommending American Advisors Group to others who are interested in a reverse mortgage loan.

-AAG

Original review: April 29, 2017

AAG and the rep that assisted me in the application for my reverse mortgage did a great job guiding me through the reverse mortgage process. Very professional, answered all my questions and followed through on every aspect of the applications process. I was pleasantly surprised and glad I picked this company to do business with. No hesitation to recommend this company if you are interested in applying for, or just want to know what a reverse mortgage is all about.

Hi Frederick,

Thank you for sharing your experience on ConsumerAffairs. Please feel free to call us at (866) 948-0003 or email us at comments@aag.com so our CARES Team can assist you in resolving this matter.

-AAG

Original review: April 28, 2017

I started the loan process nine months ago. I'm 63, my house is paid for, credit score 800+, and I have a good income. A lot of paperwork to start with and that was just the beginning. I overspent on projects along the way, because my loan was closing soon, not. Expect no one to return your phone call, EVER, expect repeating paperwork. After nine month nightmare my credit score is 700 and I'm starting the process over with a local company. Avoid AAG at all cost. The most unprofessional company that I have ever dealt with!

Hi Holly,

We sincerely apologize that your experience was not up to expectations. Please feel free to call our CARES Team at (866) 948-0003 or email us at comments@aag.com so we can address this matter.

-AAG

Original review: April 26, 2017

I was the non-borrowing spouse, and I was supposed to be able to live in the house until I died, as long as I maintained the property, paid the taxes and insurance. FIRST, they went behind my back and paid the taxes even though they were not past due. Then they said something was on the title that THEY PAID, and I couldn't get proof. So they took away my non-borrowing spouse exemption and dragged me into court for foreclosure.

Their own attorney said he felt it was a mistake but he was limited in what he could do. AAG said there was nothing they could do and I had to pay off the loan. They sent someone by the house every month to look around, look in the windows and then charged me for it. Seriously, the same cat was sitting in the window before my husband died and now.

I even contacted Quicken loans reverse mortgage department and they said it was ridiculous and it seemed they were just trying to screw me around. Just because they made the mistake, doesn't entitle me to have the exemption back!!! Needless to say, I did get a loan to KEEP my home and I can't wait to tell them what they can do with their service.

All AAG Reps were outstanding in handling our Reverse Mortgage. The entire experience was very pleasant including having the closing done in our Home. Would definitely recommend AAG to others. Especially like to give thanks to Jennifer ** & Amanda ** for their assistance and professionalism in handling the entire Loan experience.

Hi Kaye,

It is great to hear that you were happy with AAG and your loan officer. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and sharing your experience on ConsumerAffairs.

-AAG

Original review: April 23, 2017

I refinanced my existing AAG rev mortgage with the patience of Zack **. Easy at my end, not so much at his I'm sure! I've told all my retired friends about AAG rev mortgage and if they want a win-win situation, this is the only way to go. Thanks AAG and Zack **.

Hi Ansley,

We are glad that our team was able to help you better understand reverse mortgage loans and the process. Thank you for choosing American Advisors Group.

-AAG

Original review: April 20, 2017

A very good experience in an area in which I had little knowledge. Everyone I dealt with made sure I understood what was involved and were very quick and thorough in answering my questions and explaining the process. They were always available, knowledgeable, and most pleasant to work with.

I had a great experience with AAG. The agent I used was very helpful and made everything easy for me. She was always available when I had questions or concerns. All the other people I had dealings with were very nice and businesslike. My agent and everyone else knew their jobs very well and were extremely knowledgeable. It was a very easy and painless experience.

The gentleman I worked directly with was extremely helpful in completing this "NIGHTMARE". The closing department was totally unprofessional and extremely difficult to work with. Two scheduled closing times/days came and went with no one showing up and NO NOTICE from the closing department that no one would show up at the scheduled time! In addition, there were several other instances where they botched information gathering. All in all, I'm am glad it is DONE, but wouldn't wish to go thru it again!

Very good overall. Everything explained very well. The only drawbacks were long delays between steps, sometimes with no communication. I began the process at the start of June 2016. The loan closed March 9, 2017. Before that were hurdles that had to be met, not all of which AAG had control over. There were various persons handling my case, which likely also contributed to delays. I was very pleased with the service in the final weeks, particularly with loan officer Bryan **.

Aline was an absolute joy to work with and was excellent in letting us know how things were going until everything got settled (reverse mortgage). I would recommend AAG to anybody who asks at this point.

We started our loan in Jan this year. It was funded April 11. That's three months. A lot of the problem was CBC not reading our credit report properly regarding our American Express account. They thought we had two accounts and it took two conference calls and quite a bit of gathering information to finally get them to realize we only had one account, which was current. The amount they were concerned about was $20.00. I reviewed my three credit reports and it was obvious from them that I only have one account with AMX.

I am now told I will have to wait another 3 to 4 weeks before my account is set up so I can start withdrawing the funds. That's going to make it 4 months. I don't know why it should take that long. Good thing I don't need the money right away. The three people I dealt with at AAG were very helpful and it was a pleasure dealing with them. As I said before I can't see why setting up the account after the mortgage has funded takes so long.

I was really impressed with the way my AAG advisor Ciro ** handle our application. I will definitely recommend AAG to anyone who has concerns about the Reverse Mortgage. Thank You.

Everyone we dealt with throughout the loan process was helpful, kind, and professional. The process was quite lengthy but we fully understand the reason why. If we were to do it all over again I can't think of another company that would be better. Thank you for all your help.

My experience with AAG was a relatively good one, the people who helped me were very courteous and professional. My only dissapointment was that the time it took to get it done was a little longer than was projected, but it is better to get it done correctly, than be sorry. Thanks, C. F.

My experience was a long waiting period due to a loan with another lending group many years ago that was no longer open but the lending group did not show that the loan was paid and closed. When that process was completed, the closing with AAG was swift and very accommodating. I am very pleased with what transpired and I would recommend many people to inquire about the process that AAG offers to qualified customers.

We were very pleased with the whole process. We got the loan in a timely manner, and the amount of paperwork was much less than we expected. Tim ** was very professional as was Assuta **. All in all, a good experience.

I worked with Kyle **. All I can say is he is the very best! He's personable, efficient and really looked out for my best interests. I would recommend (and have recommended) him with the highest recommendation possible.

AAG was professional throughout the entire application process. What they said would happen, happened. Our advisor was super. He was and is available immediately to resolve any questions or concerns. I am confident in AAG.

American Advisors Group (AAG) Company Profile