toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dominick is very intelligent, dedicated, hard working person who enjoys his job. Dominick is extremely patient, explains in details your concerns and will walk you through the process of obtaining a Reverse Mortgage. If he was not my advisor I probably would not have chosen this company. It took approximately 4 months to decide if Reverse Mortgage was right for me. I was scared and confused. Dominick reassured me I was making the right decision. I could call Dominick at work or at home, he was never too busy to answer my questions.

Dominick also informed me that it's mandatory for me to meet with a FHA counselor to make sure I was not misinformed by him and that I understood what was told to me. The FHA counselor reiterated exactly what Dominick had explained along with them alternatives of not taking a Reverse Mortgage. Dominick was with me throughout this entire process to closing. I would definitely recommend AAG and to definitely ask for Dominick.

Representative was very knowledgeable and helpful from Day 1. AAG sent info that answered most questions we had on Reverse Mortgages. Great experience. Would highly recommend AAG if you are in the market for a Reverse Mortgage. Our Representative Kevin ** was one of the hardest working and most professional Representatives I have ever worked with in any Company!

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience working with American Advisors Group. It's great to hear that our team did such a great job throughout the entire process. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 16, 2017

After years of trying to decide whether or not to get a reverse mortgage I went to AAG's website to see what they had to offer. Shortly after I got a phone call from Brian from AAG. We had a discussion for an hour or so. He answered all my questions and made sure I was getting all the information I was looking for. I was impressed by the way I was treated. I never felt rushed. He never gave me the impression he couldn't wait to hang up and go on to the next call. It was such nice experience. I finally decided to apply for the reverse mortgage.

The application process was extremely easy. When there were papers to sign they sent a person to my house; I never had to go anywhere during this process. The counseling part was an hour phone call. They sent the closer to my house for the final paperwork that had to be signed. The whole process from original call to closing took less than 6 weeks. I now have a line of credit to use whenever I want. I heartily recommend AAG. They are fast, efficient and know how to treat their customers.

I found the company to be professional and thorough. I enjoyed my AAG Representative Mark ** because he followed through to find the answers I sought. I also found Michelle ** to be professional and helpful.

AAG has been very helpful to us. We are both over 64 and raising a new family. We also have medical expenses and a mortgage on the house. Not what we expected. Fixed income, debt and child raising expenses (9 & 11). This will give us some breathing room until we can pay down the debts. Then we can concentrate on the mortgage, without fear of losing our home.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Richard,

Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Please feel free to call us at (866) 948-0003 or email us at comments@aag.com so our CARES Team work towards finding a resolution.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Interest has already been charged to the mortgage and cannot contact those with AAG that worked on the loan as they do not answer any email nor return any telephone call as to when this equity money will be sent electronically to our checking account. This question of when should not be that difficult to answer.

I would recommend AAG to anyone looking to do a Reverse Mortgage. Everyone at AAG was professional and informed. The entire experience was pretty much painless. The entire process, from first contact through loan closing, took about six weeks. This included application, property inspection and closing.

Our experience with AAG was positive... Our agent, Bill ** was helpful and responsive to our concerns and questions. The process did take longer than we expected but went smoothly. We would have no problem referring friends who are interested in a reverse mortgage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Advisors Group?

Excellent experience and very helpful and responsive throughout the process of the AAG Reverse Mortgage. George explained everything so well and was responsive to any questions I had. Very Positive and would recommend to anyone considering a Reverse Mortgage. Thank you.

The people I worked with were very responsive to my questions. They did their best to get my paperwork ready for closing. The notary that was chosen was in a rush to finish this closing, and was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. Unprofessional. Tim ** is the best at AAG. Thanks.

This service would be great for a person or family who does not have available funds to fix sudden problems or just relax for a while. Things can be thought over as to how to fix up or modernize your property without having to worry about another bill added to the ones you have already trying to pay back a bank loan. In my experience from the beginning AAG started off helping me understand the program. Every stage of the process I was introduced to very helpful and professional people who were very friendly from the gentleman who introduced himself and got me started, the Appraisers all the way down to the Line of Credit Department. Thanks AAG!

Pleasant experience. We were informed of the process (reverse mortgage) as it proceeded through each step. John ** followed through on all questions to ensure we knew where in the process we were at all times. We have been able to clear most of our debts which allows us to live more easily on our fixed income. We would recommend AAG to anyone thinking about a reverse mortgage.

We were very pleased with our agent, Joseph ** in the Melville, NY office. From the initial call to the finish, he was very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous at all times. He responded to every call and question we asked in a quick timely fashion, and we made our decision to use and go with the reverse mortgage in very many ways due to his assistance. Thank you. This is definitely a good result for us.

We were very pleased with Mr. **'s expertise, his clarity around the process, his patience with our questions and concerns and his prompt response to our calls. Being in another state meant we could not meet personally, but he was great.

Very pleased with the overall experience, however AAG did have some internal communication shortcomings. We sometimes felt the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. It caused us to have to duplicate efforts on our part.

Mr. Sean ** is an awesome and amazing person. When there was no place for me to turn, Mr. ** stepped into my life and threw me a life raft. I can now sleep at night in the house my husband and I worked for, with a peace of mind and happiness. There are no words to express how grateful I am to Mr. Sean **.

This has made my life so much better since I contacted AAG concerning a reverse mortgage on my home. Greg **, my advisor was wonderful in every way and so helpful to explain everything in detail and what was needed. Thank you Greg. Maria ** is Greg's Senior Processor who did a wonderful job advising me at the final stages of the procedure on my reverse mortgage. Thank you Maria. The relief of stress and everything has been tremendous for me and has changed my life so I can live more comfortable, pay my debts and stay in my home. Thank you all so much for this great opportunity to live a better life and the pleasure of working with all of you.

My process to get a Reverse Mortgage with AAG was painless and a joy to work with Dominick **. He kept the process moving forward to a final payout in a reasonable time frame. I am very pleased with the entire process and the relief to know I am using my equity in my home is making my life easier. Thank you AAG but more important, thank you Dominick for your patience and excellent service.

I could not have asked for a more personable and professional staff. They made the whole process painless. My husband and I finally paid off the improvements we made to our home and can relax and enjoy our retirement for the first time. Thank you so much for making retirement a more enjoyable life.

Suzie ** was your representative who walked me through the process for and ultimate success in securing a Reverse Mortgage on my property. Suzie's professionalism, knowledge, efficiency and ability to communicate in terms that are understandable and clear were key to building our confidence in choosing a reverse mortgage through AAG.

Brian ** helped to keep us informed on the reverse mortgage process. His personality and good humor was uplifting especially when we hit some stumbling blocks. Andrew ** was also helpful in getting information necessary to proceed with the final steps. There were times we felt discouraged because we couldn't get all the requested details on our accounts such as our American Express. Finally a 3 way conversation was set up where I gave American Express permission to answer AAG's questions. All went well after that. I would recommend AAG to others interested in the process and I would feel extremely confident in recommending Brian ** as a reverse mortgage professional.

Hi Carole,

We are happy to hear that your reverse mortgage loan has changed your life. It sounds like your loan officer was a perfect fit for you. Thank you for sharing your experience on ConsumerAffairs.

-AAG

Original review: June 18, 2017

Getting a Reverse Mortgage has changed our lives. We had Misty help us through everything and we think she is the best. She was helpful, caring and always got back to us if we ever called and she wasn't there. Thanks so much Misty.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Susan,

Thank you for sharing experience. We are happy to hear that you were impressed with your account manager, but apologize that other matters were not up to expectations. Please feel free to contact our CARES Team at (866) 948-0003 so that we can work towards a resolution.

-AAG

Original review: June 17, 2017

My Acct Mgr was extremely helpful, diligent, responsive and in constant communication with me throughout this process. He was very professional & maintained a supportive & positive approach. His efforts qualify him for "10" stars vs. "5" stars in this survey. My Underwriter however, was the antithesis of my Acct Mgr. She was frustratingly non-communicative; did not return phone calls & failed to honor multiple requests, many in writing, to communicate with me vs. my elder parent. This lack of respect to honor my requests for working exclusively with me caused emotional upset for my parent, delayed process until I was able to ascertain what the requests for information were about & made me very frustrated. Thankfully, my Acct Mgr was able to clarify & update me on needed information to move the process forward. I rate my Underwriter as a "0". My rating in stars therefore is a "3" overall.

The young lady, Jeanna **, who was the original person I applied through, and who was there for me throughout the experience, is the largest reason I followed through with my reverse mortgage. She showed huge compassion, and was always there with both honest answers and advice. As long as you have a first line like Jeanna, you will always have good business.

Hi Jack and Elaine,

We are proud to have employees that bring such a high level of service to our customers. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your personal experience.

Original review: June 16, 2017

AAG rep Joe ** was probably the best salesperson we have ever dealt with. He was knowledgeable, pleasant, most helpful, prompt and courteous. He was always available and followed up as necessary... never pushy. We very highly recommend him. If you can find more like him, grab them!!

Hi Lee,

We are glad to hear that our team was able guide you through the process while accomodating your work travel schedule. Thank you for sharing your review on ConsumerAffairs.

-AAG

Original review: June 15, 2017

The process was a challenge only because of my travelling of my job. Otherwise it was great except for the large amount of paperwork to sign and deal with. My agent was great and led us through the process, courteously and professionally. All was just as I expected.

Reverse mortgage - Process was about what I expected, but much more paperwork and longer process than I expected. Considering that my house was paid for, I felt like I was a credit risk rather than a good prospect.

The preliminary info received was complete, our understanding and needs were met. During the process all appointments were scheduled to our convenience. All expectations were met as promised. AAG representatives are most qualified and it was a pleasure to work with. Thanks to all at AAG.

Hi Norman,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We would be happy to speak with you regarding your experience. Please feel free to call our CARES Team at (866) 948-0003 or email us at comments@aag.com.

-AAG

Original review: June 9, 2017

Everything worked fairly well. Lost the original Loan Officer who was terrific but transition was easy. Big exception, Financial Assets are either under staffed or incompetent, or a combination of both. It seem to me that AAG could exercise more "guidance" there or find a better partner.

Reverse mortgage application - I had a very good experience dealing with the people who guided me through the process of my application. Everyone was very professional and supportive and tried to make sure all my questions were answered. They do a good job of following up after each step I took in the process.

The people of your company are very professional and at the same time very personal. I had a great experience with the people that walked me through the process and checked on me to make sure everything was alright. They represent you well.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for choosing American Advisors Group. It sounds like you are happy with your loan, however we would like to address the other aspects of your experience that did not meet your expectations. Please reach out to our CARES Team at (866) 948-0003 so that we can assist you in resolving this matter.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Could have been a lot better. While the loan did eventually get closed the process was brutal. Horrible communication from AAG and almost no way to get a response or to communicate information. I did get a good deal but paid the price to with the process.

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for your vote of confidence in our company and services. We hope that your reverse mortgage loan is able to help you continue to enjoy your active lifestlye. We appreciate your review.

Original review: June 6, 2017

My wife and I are in our early 70's and still like to travel. We retired as early as we thought possible but have found that inflation and our active lifestyle has put a dent in our nest egg. We looked into the reverse mortgage to gain access to the equity in our house without having to sell or increase our monthly expenditures. AAG was helpful and patient with us as we worked our way through the process. They made suggestions that gave us the best outcome for our situation and I would recommend them to anybody looking at the reverse mortgage to help with senior life finances.

American Advisors Group (AAG) Company Profile