American Advisors Group (AAG)
toll free
Call now for more information

American Advisors Group (AAG)

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I received excellent service from your agent Sharon **. She was patient in servicing our application during a time when we were dealing with family health issues. Her explanations were concise, clear and to the point. I would highly recommend others to contact AAG when considering a Reverse Mortgage.

We worked primarily with Scott ** and Taylor ** throughout the process and they were both excellent at doing everything they could to make the loan happen. When a judgment against the title in my name for $50 was discovered by the AAG legal team, Scott researched the lien to find that I was not the person the judgment was against. When at the end of the process, certain forms I had submitted were thought not to have been, Taylor did what was necessary to show that indeed they had been. Scott checked with us all along the way to make sure we were good with what was occurring from start to finish, and both Scott and Taylor responded to all questions or concerns we had in a very professional manner. If we ever sell this house and pay off the current loan and decide we want a reverse mortgage on another property, I would not hesitate to use AAG again. And I hope that Scott and Taylor are available to work with us again!

My experience with AAG was a very positive one. Their representative, Joe **, was very knowledgeable, professional, friendly, courteous, and helpful through the entire process of purchasing my new home. I would recommend AAG to anyone needing their services!

From the very beginning Marcus has been very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Throughout the process of my reverse mortgage he was very supportive, patient, and made a point to answer my questions in a timely manner. I absolutely recommend him to anybody that needs to get a reverse mortgage. He is an asset to AAG.

I have had a positive experience with AAG. The person who was my main contact is Troy and I can't say enough good about him. Nothing was too much for him. He kept me aware of things as they happened. This has been a life changing situation for me. Thanks AAG and Troy for everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Advisors Group?

At first the loan processor was easy to contact. As the process continued, he became harder and harder to reach. The loan was originally to be a fixed rate interest - the outcome was an ARM which we did not want but felt compelled to continue because of the approval process. The whole process seemed a bit confusing due to the lack of contact.

Very poor communication. I had to keep making contact (leaving messages to find out what the progress was...). I was not given any options and I feel very uncomfortable with the way the process was handled. Once started it took way too long!!

I was disappointed that different people from different departments asked the same questions multiple times. An example, they asked for the closing documents and we sent them three times. Andrea ** was excellent and a pleasure to deal with.

Debi **, my AAG rep, deserves 5 Stars!!! However, her coworkers hiccuped a few times during the process and caused numerous delays. At one point, I was even asked to step in and contact my previous lender to expedite a 24 month payment history. It was clearly their responsibility and it angered me that they would ask this of me! I was told funds would be deposited on a Monday, and that did happen until midday on Wednesday.

When you call them and want to know what is going on with the processor, they never call back and even though we leave a message to call back. We call 3 people that are AAG employees and they don't call back. They don't know the law in WI, and we had to get hold of our state senate. Then she got hold of them and stated the owner could do the work, but they need a purpose to go ahead with our closing, and now haven't heard anything from them. My rating with them is 1 star.

Kim ** was the person who helped me get the reverse mortgage. Without her help and understanding plus keeping me up to date I may have given up. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and kind. AAG is just what it is advertised on TV... A new start and fair.

The people who assisted me with my RVM were second to none. They were very knowledgeable of the subject matter and impeccable with their decisions. I'm sorry their names escape me but they know who they are. I'm extremely proud of them and they are definitely an asset to your organization. Thanks.

This was a wonderful experience for me. It is not as complicated as one would expect mainly due to the expertise of the agent handling my account. He checked in with the progress faithfully each week and when other documentations were needed he walked me thru that easily. The only thing I would remind anyone is there will be a lot of documents to fax or email so be prepared for that in advance. My scanner got a real workout!!! I would recommend American Advisory Group to everyone.

Working with Jaime ** was a pleasant experience, he kept my wife and I informed all through the process, ensuring that we understood all facets of the reverse mortgage procedures. The appraisal and the signing of all the documents were in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend AAG and Mr. ** to my family and friends.

The process took too long, almost 5 months. Communication among AAG reps. wasn't always the best. There were times I knew the info. from one rep. and then had to share it with another AAG rep. AAG in-house communication could use some improvement. My loan advisor India ** was pleasant to work with and professional, whether by email or phone.

Secondly, I was disappointed with the small line of credit extended to me for 2016. I thought it would be higher based on the large amount of equity in the property and the small loan balance I owed B. of A. Bank. I was unhappy with the escrow account withheld for taxes & insurance. The amount withheld is larger than the initial line of credit available to me for 2016. It would have been more helpful to me financially, if the original line of credit were larger and the escrow acct. eliminated. I am pleased to no longer have a monthly mortgage payment. One less bill to pay. I relieved some of the pressure.

It was a longer than expected process, however, it was explained that due to our house valuation it would take longer than usual. The frequent forms, telephone calls and dealing with the IRS for information did have cause for concern, however, our agent Brad **, CSA was consoling throughout the process.

Your firm was recommended by my insurance carrier USAA. Initial contact was good, but in succeeding encounters I was shifted to a total of FIVE different contacts, some of which were pretty hard to reach, and most not too informative, with the exception of Lynn **, who is my pick of the litter and the only one who weekly updated me on progress. It was a little confusing on how matters proceeded. You evidently employ several outside firms to perform various functions, requiring me to interface with six different entities, including a bank and law firm, as well as title searchers all over the country. I was not in a financial bind when starting the process, which was noteworthy because it required about 15 weeks from start to finish. Another negative feature was the signing of 50 documents TWICE with the notary public. The upside was we did not have to travel from our home for any of these events. They came to us.

I called AAG and got a very nice person Anthony. He did explain everything to me. Well I had a few more questions after talking to Maria. My house was appraised at a fair price. Anyway I wanted to get a mortgage to pay off some bills and do some repairs to my home. I got a welcome letter saying I was approved for a loan. I did get a letter stating I needed to repair or replace my garage door. Well I decided to get an estimate to replace both doors. The appraiser said my roof was fair. I also wanted to get my roof done with gutters. I got estimates for both. Well it wasn't worded right as they wanted a certain percentage down. Maria called me and told me the contractors had to agree to get paid after job was completed and loan was approved.

Now if I had the money I wouldn't be looking to do a reverse mortgage. She told me they have contractors that agree to this payment after service. I asked her who they were. She did not tell me. Now I realize she may not have had it right in front of her but she could have let me know later. I want my contractor anyway which I have the right to do. So if the job or loan isn't approved I have to pay for it???

Well the big ZILLION RED FLAGS WENT OFF when my brother was over & I wanted him to ask some questions about this process. Well Maria said she could not talk to anyone that was not on the loan!!! She brushed us off and my gut feeling was this is a scam or not legit. I'm the person on the loan and legally I can have someone ask questions as long as I ok it. Now if my brother called them and asked questions that is a different story. I'm 71 have all my senses and if I want someone to ask questions so I understand things better that is MY CHOICE! This disturbed me very much and looking into a couple of other companies they don't have a problem with it and in fact welcome it. Also their charges are a lot lower than AAG. I'm very nervous about going forward after this experience. The initial conversation with Anthony was great but getting to this department gave me a not so safe feeling.

My wife and I applied for an AAG Reverse Mortgage late last year and were approved in January 2016. Our AAG rep was extremely knowledgeable, and kept us well informed throughout. I cannot tell you what a relief it was for us to know that we could stay in our house and not be forced to move because we needed access to cash. I have MS and I find myself in the "doughnut hole" as early as April. The cost for my prescription drugs and copays is $8K - $10K per year. Had it not been for the AAG loan approval we would have been forced to sell our home and downsize or find a rental that would lower our monthly costs. We love our home and are eternally grateful to AAG for giving us the a way to stay here and not to have the worries about our budget each and every month.

I felt especially happy because I had so much guilt associated with my medical costs and that the only reason we would have to move was my fault. The program is better than I thought. Each month our balance of available money increases because we haven't had to use any of the money yet, so it is just like having a savings account. This feature is incredibly important because it increases our available cash balance each month. What I'm trying to say is that it is very beneficial to establish the Reverse Mortgage as soon as possible instead of waiting until you are out of cash and need funds immediately.

This fact wasn't apparent to me at first, but now I see that the AAG loan amount isn't a fixed amount based on a percentage of the appraisal value of your house. Instead, it is the starting point for an account that makes cash available if you need it but then acts as a savings account each month you take out less than the growth associated with the Principal Limit. This may sound confusing but trust me, I figured this out during the 2nd month our loan was in place. Thank you AAG. We cannot tell you how much we appreciate the loan you gave us.

Very tedious application and approval process over several (~5) months during which numerous e-mails and phone calls reminded unanswered/-returned by AAG; except for one person (Jeana **), other stuff involved seemed to lack professionalism, and/or were overwhelmed by their amount of work to do; RM is registered under two different loan numbers and the tediousness returned when it came to handing back originals of documents (tax returns) provided during the application process.

Chris was by far one of the most professional & thorough person I have worked with in years! I was so impressed with him that I recommended him to my neighbors who are also looking at a Reverse Mortgage.

I was expecting an arduous journey through mountainous paperwork filled with delays, incorrect information, having to repeat several steps involving time consuming telephone calls explaining all of the above. Instead I was expertly guided through each step, explaining to me what to expect and how long it would take. My questions were answered correctly and immediately. AAG turned a complex transaction into a simple exercise.

Kristina ** was GREAT! She promptly answered our calls and questions. She was our life-line during this process! She was very competent, helpful and informative. Your company is extremely lucky to have her as an employee!

This was a great experience, which helped me fix up my home. The AAG group, that I have spoken with, from the past to the present, are very professional.

My mortgage advisor was on point all the way. Just wish it hadn't cost so much for this refinance. Otherwise, I am happy with this company.

Services of appraiser (advised inaccurate detector information & omitted response to at least 2 other matters, as advised by AAG) lacked completeness & accuracy. Services of AAG processor were often VERY slow, with questions sometimes never responded. Believe lack of accuracy & processor attention was cause of extremely slow handling of loan. After funding, handling has been good.

Brian is absolutely wonderful. He kept us informed all the way through the process. He never minded answering a question and always was there for us. As a retired loan officer I know the importance of customer service and he always went above and beyond. We are very grateful to Brian to help us through our loan process.

Everything done by Mr. ** in Georgia was outstanding. Very accurate on time and kept me informed every couple days. When folder hit California it was a disaster. Sat on things for days at a time, repeated same questions days apart. Didn't wire transfer funds as instructions even when supplied with voided check for routing numbers. Received hard copy check only holding my funds up more. Outstanding in Georgia but wheels fall off in California division... They keep poor notes for reference on return calls. Misspelled my name on documents. Had to initial corrections for 10 minutes with notary. Too bad Anthony ** wasn't able to handle from beginning to end. He is very good at his job and explains things several times to be sure you understand. He's a great asset.

I was skeptical at first but ended up pleasantly surprised at the great service I got especially from rep Kevin who fielded the many questions I had. This was a new area for me and it came at a good time to be very helpful. I'm glad I went with AAG and would recommend them to others who would benefit from a reverse mortgage.

I would like everyone to know how hard diligent Micheal ** work on my reverse mortgage for me. She never quit searching all possible avenues there were to help me with my reverse mortgage, Micheal ** went above the call of her duty to help and for this I am deeply in her gratitude. She deserves a well deserved reward for her hard work and time spent. SHE IS PRICELESS as an employee. Thank you Ms. ** from the bottom of my heart, I'll never forget the hard work you personally put into this for me. You saved a life.

American Advisors Group (AAG) Company Profile