Find the right jewelry store for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.43/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Timex Watches Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2019

I purchased a 40th Anniversary Edition Easy Reader watch about 8 months ago. I chose the gold tone which has now changed to a dull silver in places. I checked with customer service and was told the color change was common "wear and tear" and that I should wear it properly. So their advice was to wear it in my wrist! Who knew! To bad the good old Timex has turned into a disposable.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The watch I purchased was supposed to be limited edition but the quality of the materials used were unsatisfactory. It’s the first time the watch has had its battery replaced since I got it in September 2016 (the batteries lasted barely 2 years!), but a watch repair professional was unable to do so as the plastic cracked upon trying to open it. The watch repair shop comes with high recommendations so I don’t doubt his skills at all; I’ve also replaced the batteries of more than 10 watches with him and not once has this happened before.

As mentioned, I own 2 of the same watch and the Japan-made one was alright when the same guy replaced the battery. However, the China-made one cracked. IMO, it’s a case of cheap materials used. On top of that, the official Timex distributor in my country mentioned that they are unable to honor the warranty as the watch was not bought from an authorised dealer (I bought it from End Clothing online). He also declined replacing the batteries (for a fee) as he said since it was cracked prior, he wouldn’t be able to open the case without damaging further.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 15, 2019

I bought a Timex watch on timex.com and presented my receipt to get a refund because the watch didn't fit right and they refused to issue my refund. It was within 30 days of me buying the watch. I had to contact the corporate office who did not honor my warranty or money back guarantee!! I will never buy from Timex again!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

First, the product itself--the Timex 40th Anniversary watch with Horween leather band is quite nice (good leather, accurate time thus far), and a good value. However, I found the customer service experience to be lacking for several reasons:

1) When I made the order, the first attempt did not go through, requiring me to re-enter my card number. When I did so, rather than completing the original order number, it generated a second order number.
2) When I called to make sure I wouldn't be double charged--the customer service rep (CSR) said they couldn't see either order--even though it was visible on my end.
3) When I finally did reach a CSR they told me I wouldn't be billed twice--but that they could not delete the duplicate order to ensure this.
4) Timex sent no confirmation email on the purchase.

5) Timex sent no shipping notice. When I accessed the tracking number through the website--it said, "waiting for package--no tracking information". However, then the package arrived in the mail. So I received no purchase confirmation and no shipping notice (just a bunch of Timex ads), but then a day after the package arrived, I get a note from Timex: "your package has arrived!" (unhelpful).

In sum, while the product is as advertised and a good value, the multiple customer service issues detracted from the experience, and I am unlikely to purchase from Timex again.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My husband bought me a watch off of Timex.com for my birthday in 2018. In March 2019 my date on my watch quit working. I took it to the watch store and they said the battery is great & it's a faulty made watch. I contacted Timex that said they would NOT honor my warranty!! I told them my husband used a credit card look it up and they refused to hunt down our receipt in their electronic sales! CUSTOMER SERVICE LAUGHED AT ME because I said they are selling faulty watches! They are RUDE & UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timex Watches?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

It takes them too long to deliver the watches. 18 days to be exact since the order. I had to return the products since they didn't arrive in time for the day I needed. They charged me for return shipment.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Inflexible policies plus they make it difficult to return items. Purchased a watch and 2 days later they send me a 30% off voucher. I called to ask for a price adjustment, and customer service refused. The item hadn't even shipped yet. This is ridiculous in this day and age for an online retailer. When I tried to return the item, following their own attached invoices instructions to use the enclosed return label, I had to email Timex just to find out they don't actually provide you with a return label. Stay away, at least from their online store!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Affordable price range with styles competitive with the highest priced brands. Durable and dependable over years of service without need for repair. Recommend for any age and lifestyle.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The only problem with my Timex watches is that I can't for the life of me get the back's back on after changing the battery. But everything else about the watches are perfect!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Timex has always been my favorite brand of watches. The slogan "it takes a licking and keep on ticking" is true. They are well made, stylish and so affordable.

Timex Watches Company Information