Find the right jewelry store for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.96/5

159 Timex Watches Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I received a Timex watch with a pattern of tulips on the watch face as a present about 20 years ago. It’s held up beautifully over time, only needing the battery occasionally changed, and the wristband replaced every several years as I wear it often. My husband likes Times Explorer watches a lot; however, the quality seems to have declined in recent years. They just don’t hold up as well as they used to. His last maybe two or three years nowadays; I remember when they could “take a licking and keep on ticking” 10+ years.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

In my mind, the Timex brand is comparable to *any* high-end watch product; it is very accurate, it is attractive, very durable and most of all (and most significant for me) it is quite affordable, as opposed to many high-end watch products. Although I currently don't wear a watch and probably won't ever wear one again, if I did desire to own a watch again, my first brand choice would be Timex.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I have had several Timex watches over the years, I always had the water proof as I worked with water. They held up well and did not need new batteries but once every 4 years. I would get a new one after the waterproof had worn out. Repairing them was about the same price range as a new one. Pricing was good, depending on what type of watch you wanted.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I grew up with Timex watches through the 70's, 80's and 90's, Timex is an outstanding US brand. Like the old saying it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I concur. Also during the 2000's when I was in the United States Coast Guard for over thirty years, I have traveled with Timex, in the air, on the sea, and land, through many states, islands and over seas, South America. I need to buy another one, looking right now. Timex to me is number one.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I have been a long time user of Timex watches. Like all products they change over the years. Sometimes the changes are a plus while other times they tend to be negative. Remember the old saying it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Timex watches have always been durable for me. They get banged around on things from time to time because when I wear a watch I wear a watch. My Timex watch is more on my wrist than off. The Timex watch I have now was all black when I purchased it oh a year ago but over time and yes getting hit on door faces etc the paint has been scratched off. I even used a black sharpie marker to fill in the scratches lol, yep it lasted awhile but more of the black paint wore off so I carefully removed the remaining black paint leaving a nice gray finish. I mostly wear digital watches this day and time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timex Watches?

Original review: June 27, 2019

I purchased a 40th Anniversary Edition Easy Reader watch about 8 months ago. I chose the gold tone which has now changed to a dull silver in places. I checked with customer service and was told the color change was common "wear and tear" and that I should wear it properly. So their advice was to wear it in my wrist! Who knew! To bad the good old Timex has turned into a disposable.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The watch I purchased was supposed to be limited edition but the quality of the materials used were unsatisfactory. It’s the first time the watch has had its battery replaced since I got it in September 2016 (the batteries lasted barely 2 years!), but a watch repair professional was unable to do so as the plastic cracked upon trying to open it. The watch repair shop comes with high recommendations so I don’t doubt his skills at all; I’ve also replaced the batteries of more than 10 watches with him and not once has this happened before.

As mentioned, I own 2 of the same watch and the Japan-made one was alright when the same guy replaced the battery. However, the China-made one cracked. IMO, it’s a case of cheap materials used. On top of that, the official Timex distributor in my country mentioned that they are unable to honor the warranty as the watch was not bought from an authorised dealer (I bought it from End Clothing online). He also declined replacing the batteries (for a fee) as he said since it was cracked prior, he wouldn’t be able to open the case without damaging further.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I bought a Timex watch on timex.com and presented my receipt to get a refund because the watch didn't fit right and they refused to issue my refund. It was within 30 days of me buying the watch. I had to contact the corporate office who did not honor my warranty or money back guarantee!! I will never buy from Timex again!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

First, the product itself--the Timex 40th Anniversary watch with Horween leather band is quite nice (good leather, accurate time thus far), and a good value. However, I found the customer service experience to be lacking for several reasons:

1) When I made the order, the first attempt did not go through, requiring me to re-enter my card number. When I did so, rather than completing the original order number, it generated a second order number.
2) When I called to make sure I wouldn't be double charged--the customer service rep (CSR) said they couldn't see either order--even though it was visible on my end.
3) When I finally did reach a CSR they told me I wouldn't be billed twice--but that they could not delete the duplicate order to ensure this.
4) Timex sent no confirmation email on the purchase.

5) Timex sent no shipping notice. When I accessed the tracking number through the website--it said, "waiting for package--no tracking information". However, then the package arrived in the mail. So I received no purchase confirmation and no shipping notice (just a bunch of Timex ads), but then a day after the package arrived, I get a note from Timex: "your package has arrived!" (unhelpful).

In sum, while the product is as advertised and a good value, the multiple customer service issues detracted from the experience, and I am unlikely to purchase from Timex again.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My husband bought me a watch off of Timex.com for my birthday in 2018. In March 2019 my date on my watch quit working. I took it to the watch store and they said the battery is great & it's a faulty made watch. I contacted Timex that said they would NOT honor my warranty!! I told them my husband used a credit card look it up and they refused to hunt down our receipt in their electronic sales! CUSTOMER SERVICE LAUGHED AT ME because I said they are selling faulty watches! They are RUDE & UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Timex Watches Company Information