4.38/5

157 Timex Watches Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I received a Timex watch with a pattern of tulips on the watch face as a present about 20 years ago. It’s held up beautifully over time, only needing the battery occasionally changed, and the wristband replaced every several years as I wear it often. My husband likes Times Explorer watches a lot; however, the quality seems to have declined in recent years. They just don’t hold up as well as they used to. His last maybe two or three years nowadays; I remember when they could “take a licking and keep on ticking” 10+ years.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I have been a long time user of Timex watches. Like all products they change over the years. Sometimes the changes are a plus while other times they tend to be negative. Remember the old saying it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Timex watches have always been durable for me. They get banged around on things from time to time because when I wear a watch I wear a watch. My Timex watch is more on my wrist than off. The Timex watch I have now was all black when I purchased it oh a year ago but over time and yes getting hit on door faces etc the paint has been scratched off. I even used a black sharpie marker to fill in the scratches lol, yep it lasted awhile but more of the black paint wore off so I carefully removed the remaining black paint leaving a nice gray finish. I mostly wear digital watches this day and time.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have been a user of Timex wrist watch for quite a few years and its accuracy has been incredibly above average. However, I have had to purchase a new watch every few years because the watch band falls apart. I happen to be one of those people who likes to have a wrist watch on my left wrist all the time. I know this is why the wristbands deteriorate. I have told myself that because I love the watch so much - I will put up with its wristband deterioration rather than switching to a different product.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My first watch was a Timex that sadly took a bath the same night I had received it. Someone thought they would sneak it in my coat pocket and surprise me, however, what they didn't know is that I planned on washing it that night so the pockets had already been checked. Well yep it came out of the coat and was ruined. After finding out who gave it to me I felt bad and guilty so I went out and bought one identical to it. This was 30 years ago and I have wore one ever since.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I buy only Timex watches and have been buying them for years. I am hard on watches and only Timex has withstood the abuse I put them thru. I'm always banging my watch on one thing or another, dropping them on hard flooring, etc. and they survive to tic another day. I've had them explode in pieces when dropped and I take the pieces to one of the watch kiosks in my local mall and have them put back together and they continue to do the job. Like John Cameron Swayze, said in his legendary commercials, It Takes A Licking And Keeps On Ticking. My watches are proof positive that they do just as John said. Where are you going to find a watch like Timex for $60 that goes on and on. You're not!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timex Watches?

Original review: May 15, 2019

I bought a Timex watch on timex.com and presented my receipt to get a refund because the watch didn't fit right and they refused to issue my refund. It was within 30 days of me buying the watch. I had to contact the corporate office who did not honor my warranty or money back guarantee!! I will never buy from Timex again!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

First, the product itself--the Timex 40th Anniversary watch with Horween leather band is quite nice (good leather, accurate time thus far), and a good value. However, I found the customer service experience to be lacking for several reasons:

1) When I made the order, the first attempt did not go through, requiring me to re-enter my card number. When I did so, rather than completing the original order number, it generated a second order number.
2) When I called to make sure I wouldn't be double charged--the customer service rep (CSR) said they couldn't see either order--even though it was visible on my end.
3) When I finally did reach a CSR they told me I wouldn't be billed twice--but that they could not delete the duplicate order to ensure this.
4) Timex sent no confirmation email on the purchase.

5) Timex sent no shipping notice. When I accessed the tracking number through the website--it said, "waiting for package--no tracking information". However, then the package arrived in the mail. So I received no purchase confirmation and no shipping notice (just a bunch of Timex ads), but then a day after the package arrived, I get a note from Timex: "your package has arrived!" (unhelpful).

In sum, while the product is as advertised and a good value, the multiple customer service issues detracted from the experience, and I am unlikely to purchase from Timex again.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My husband bought me a watch off of Timex.com for my birthday in 2018. In March 2019 my date on my watch quit working. I took it to the watch store and they said the battery is great & it's a faulty made watch. I contacted Timex that said they would NOT honor my warranty!! I told them my husband used a credit card look it up and they refused to hunt down our receipt in their electronic sales! CUSTOMER SERVICE LAUGHED AT ME because I said they are selling faulty watches! They are RUDE & UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

It takes them too long to deliver the watches. 18 days to be exact since the order. I had to return the products since they didn't arrive in time for the day I needed. They charged me for return shipment.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Inflexible policies plus they make it difficult to return items. Purchased a watch and 2 days later they send me a 30% off voucher. I called to ask for a price adjustment, and customer service refused. The item hadn't even shipped yet. This is ridiculous in this day and age for an online retailer. When I tried to return the item, following their own attached invoices instructions to use the enclosed return label, I had to email Timex just to find out they don't actually provide you with a return label. Stay away, at least from their online store!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Affordable price range with styles competitive with the highest priced brands. Durable and dependable over years of service without need for repair. Recommend for any age and lifestyle.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The only problem with my Timex watches is that I can't for the life of me get the back's back on after changing the battery. But everything else about the watches are perfect!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Timex has always been my favorite brand of watches. The slogan "it takes a licking and keep on ticking" is true. They are well made, stylish and so affordable.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

My Rolex Red Submariner was being tuned up so I bought a Timex. It ran better than my Rolex. When Rolex came out I put the Timex in my drawer - forgot about it. About two years later I found it still running at the right time. Can’t beat that baby.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have bought Timex watches in the past going back to when I was a teenager. I have always had a good experience with my Timex watch including the band. The Timex watch band I have now works just great. It is very flexible and it has a very nice look to it. I recommend the Timex watch for durability and dependability.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I worked construction and always wore a Timex watch. I have never had one fail on me and with the price range they are cheap enough to have more than 1. They keep great time and are very reliable. Batteries are easy to change, too.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Timex is a trusted, reliable brand, although I do believe that their quality has declined over the years. They could have more of a presence in today's market if they updated the brand.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I own many expensive elegant watches. My local “authorized” dealer, Tourneau, recently left my area, so I’m back to my old Timex. Easy battery replacement for about $10.00. Timex, takes a lickin’ and keeps on ticking. Fancy watches are sitting in a cabinet.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

A good value for the money. You want to have a trustworthy watch without laying out a lot of money. Timex watches are a durable, and easy to access watch. Usually available when you need it at a local Target or box type stores. A great first watch for younger kids and a great durable watch for older athletes or college kids.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Great work watch- durable and waterproof. Illuminating face made it easy to see in dim lighting. Easily visible second hand. Also, watch band easy to change increasingly versatility.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Timex for me is a tried true brand, long lasting, performs perfect. It was my first watch at 18 years old as a gift from a friend in 1976. It had a beautiful cream color leather band and a clear gold face and 3 black hands (two for the hour one for the minutes). Just set the time and it tells the correct time until the battery needed changing.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My husband purchased this watch for my birthday in 2003 and I have not had any problems with it. I've changed the battery once, in 2012. It still looks new. I love it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I love Timex. It’s a great brand name with great quality. I never had a problem with any of their watches telling time except a battery problem which is no problem at all since I know how to change most watch batteries on my own.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I actually loved the wind up Timex but you stopped making them. I had a couple of wind ups and they are still working from the 1960s. The battery ones only last as long as the battery does and then it costs you $12.00 to change every battery. Wish I could get a wind up again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The Timex watch has been an inexpensive durable watch that will last generations. They are stylish and have interchangeable bands. There wind up and digital models for both old school and the younger generation.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I really have had no issues with the few Timex watches I own. They keep time and two of them are waterproof. The look of the waterproof ones is a little more bulky than a fashion watch but I have several watches to wear for fashion.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I enjoyed my Timex. It seems like it ran forever, and I never had a problem with it. I mean it would rewind itself by the movement of my arms movement. I really enjoyed that watch and I think I will buy me another one soon too.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I've had more expensive watches but they don't last any longer, some even last less long! There are so many different possibilities to select from when you look at Timex watches. Always easy to find one I like; sometimes I have trouble deciding which I like the best! They are a great product.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

My Timex has endured throughout the years. It's been reliable, sturdy and not that expensive. I only change my watch battery twice a year. I love my watch!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

The Timex watch is good and dependable and the price is reasonable. I have had mine for 15 years and it has been dropped numerous times, I have only changed the wristband once and new batteries.

Timex Watches Company Information