4.3/5 (164 ratings)

About Timex Watches

Timex Watches Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timex Watches?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timex Watches?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Pls Pls Pls do not buy Timex watches online, I don't know about watch, as I haven't received it yet, I don't know about physical shop experience, but my first Timex online shopping experience is worst. It's been a month and still I haven't receive watch or refund. First I got updated from customer care that order is cancelled (which I didn't cancelled, I was waiting for the product), then I got update from customer care that product isn't available any more and they don't know about my payment status (I did payment while placing an order), then I got update from cc that they will proceed refund.. then their number wasn't reachable and now after more than 2 weeks I haven't got refund. Please do not fall for brand name..

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Ordered an expensive watch and a designer band. Company was supposed to ship overnight but did not process order, later claiming order was lost. Company still charged my bank account and says no refund can be issued until items are shipped, even though order is lost. Customer service reps are not good and have no ability or accountability. Lost respect for company after paying over 300 dollars for a watch. Regardless of ultimate outcome will never patronize this company again.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2021

My Timex watch was defective and was sent back for repair. It's been 6 weeks and I still have not received the watch. In addition, the company charges for shipping, even though it was Timex's watch that was the problem (no fault of my own). I expected that a company like Timex would immediately send a NEW watch when they received the defective one -- a policy most good companies follow. But not Timex. My recommendation is to avoid products from this company.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I bought a Timex Mk1 Chronograph Field watch and returned I returned it immediately upon getting the watch in the mail. I didn't even open the box. I mailed the watch back to Timex and three weeks later I find my watch return on my front door step? Wow what exactly happened? All they did was slap a return to sender sticker on my package and send it right back to me. I talked to customer service who had me email them pictures of the package and 4 days later I still haven't heard back from them. I gave up and just decided to sell the watch myself! What a bunch of bull honky! I won't buy another watch from Timex again!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I purchased a Timex Marathon watch in April 2019. 6 months later the band broke and I contacted Timex for assistance. The customer service rep informed me I could purchase a new band for $19 as Timex does not warranty the band for any reason. The irony of this is the watch cost $15. I found Timex’s refusal to warranty the entire watch, band included, to be a good reason to never purchase another Timex product. Edmund ** Arizona

Original review: June 27, 2019

I purchased a 40th Anniversary Edition Easy Reader watch about 8 months ago. I chose the gold tone which has now changed to a dull silver in places. I checked with customer service and was told the color change was common "wear and tear" and that I should wear it properly. So their advice was to wear it in my wrist! Who knew! To bad the good old Timex has turned into a disposable.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The watch I purchased was supposed to be limited edition but the quality of the materials used were unsatisfactory. It’s the first time the watch has had its battery replaced since I got it in September 2016 (the batteries lasted barely 2 years!), but a watch repair professional was unable to do so as the plastic cracked upon trying to open it. The watch repair shop comes with high recommendations so I don’t doubt his skills at all; I’ve also replaced the batteries of more than 10 watches with him and not once has this happened before.

As mentioned, I own 2 of the same watch and the Japan-made one was alright when the same guy replaced the battery. However, the China-made one cracked. IMO, it’s a case of cheap materials used. On top of that, the official Timex distributor in my country mentioned that they are unable to honor the warranty as the watch was not bought from an authorised dealer (I bought it from End Clothing online). He also declined replacing the batteries (for a fee) as he said since it was cracked prior, he wouldn’t be able to open the case without damaging further.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I bought a Timex watch on timex.com and presented my receipt to get a refund because the watch didn't fit right and they refused to issue my refund. It was within 30 days of me buying the watch. I had to contact the corporate office who did not honor my warranty or money back guarantee!! I will never buy from Timex again!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

First, the product itself--the Timex 40th Anniversary watch with Horween leather band is quite nice (good leather, accurate time thus far), and a good value. However, I found the customer service experience to be lacking for several reasons:

1) When I made the order, the first attempt did not go through, requiring me to re-enter my card number. When I did so, rather than completing the original order number, it generated a second order number.
    2) When I called to make sure I wouldn't be double charged--the customer service rep (CSR) said they couldn't see either order--even though it was visible on my end.
    3) When I finally did reach a CSR they told me I wouldn't be billed twice--but that they could not delete the duplicate order to ensure this.
    4) Timex sent no confirmation email on the purchase.

5) Timex sent no shipping notice. When I accessed the tracking number through the website--it said, "waiting for package--no tracking information". However, then the package arrived in the mail. So I received no purchase confirmation and no shipping notice (just a bunch of Timex ads), but then a day after the package arrived, I get a note from Timex: "your package has arrived!" (unhelpful).

In sum, while the product is as advertised and a good value, the multiple customer service issues detracted from the experience, and I am unlikely to purchase from Timex again.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My husband bought me a watch off of Timex.com for my birthday in 2018. In March 2019 my date on my watch quit working. I took it to the watch store and they said the battery is great & it's a faulty made watch. I contacted Timex that said they would NOT honor my warranty!! I told them my husband used a credit card look it up and they refused to hunt down our receipt in their electronic sales! CUSTOMER SERVICE LAUGHED AT ME because I said they are selling faulty watches! They are RUDE & UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Timex Watches Company Information