2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5
Based on 1,912 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sam's Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: June 23, 2019

I tried to post a negative review of a product on the Sam's Club website and it never gets posted to their website. I usually get an email from a moderator a day later saying my review contains “inappropriate content” and it can’t be posted. I will post a link with the email I receive from them and the review I wrote to show that it doesn’t contain any inappropriate content. The only inappropriate content for them is that it is a negative review of a garage door company that they sell and it would be bad for business for them to post it. I just want consumers to be aware to not buy a product from their website because it has all positive reviews because Sam's Club could be blocking 100s of negative reviews. I always thought anybody could post any review they wanted and it would be posted. I guess I was naive about how these companies work and to never trust reviews from their website.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I purchased tires from Sam’s Club, Chattanooga, Tn. Tires were ordered and recommend by sales associate. Went back in a week to find out wrong tires were ordered. Sales associate ordered again. Went back once tires came in due to Sam's Club did not have in stock. Tires were put on my car. Left Sam's Club with new tires. Driving only 3 miles black smoke was coming out from vehicle. Turned around. Went back to Sam's Club to find the wrong size tire was put on my vehicle. Received 17 inch tires--should of been 16 inch tires. No tire was in stock to put on my vehicle so new tires had to be ordered for the 3rd time. The tires had melted on my vehicle. Could of caused a fire. Once correct size tire ordered went back. Received another set of tires. I did not complain to anyone at the time. Drove the car a couple of weeks. Car broke down. Had to have towed to mechanic due to caliber broke. Then I did called Sam's headquarters.

Customer rep did make a report. Said I should of been compensated for all my troubles. She was going to contact the store I purchased tires from. I was asked to call store, speak to manager of tire department. When I asked for manager of tire department store manager answered. Manager would not let me talk to tire department manager. I was informed he would handle it. Never heard anything from this Sam's Club. It was treated like it never happened. Driving my vehicle with the new tires was a very rough ride so I had the tire pressure checked. There was 42 pounds of air in tires. Should of been 32 pounds of air in tires. I must say Sam's Club in Chattanooga put no effort in doing a good job in the tire department nor did they care about my safety in my vehicle. So buyer beware.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I apologize for this lengthy review but I feel it needs to be written in order to possibly prevent it from happening to someone else. It was Father's Day June 16, 2019, my wife ordered a Rascal Elite II mobility scooter from Sam's Club online site. It was supposed to be a surprise for me because I am disabled. I can only walk or stand for short periods of time. Well, no more than 30 minutes after she placed the order she decided to tell me about the surprise. I was extremely happy that she would do this for me. So I immediately looked up the Rascal Elite II on the internet. To my shock I read that this mobility scooter is no longer being manufactured. So I decided to make phone calls to mobility scooter technicians in my area. They reiterated exactly what I read on the internet.

I immediately got in touch with Sam's Club online service to cancel the order. I was told by a Sam's customer service representative that the order would be canceled and my money would be returned to my credit card, I was also issued a reference number by the representative for this cancellation request. WELL GUESS WHAT... A few days later I was notified via email that the mobility scooter was en route to my home. This notice was sent to me from Sam's Club and I received a text from FedEx that it would be delivered in a few hours. I immediately went into hyper mode to stop the delivery. I was able to stop the delivery only because I personally contacted FedEx.

Put yourself in my situation for a moment. How would you like to find out that something you purchased from a reputable company such as Sam's would be selling expensive items online that are no longer being manufactured, no parts, no technicians will work on it when needed, what a letdown from what I considered a company with integrity. Sorry Sam's Club but I'm just stating the facts. I tried to get in touch with Sam's higher management but evidently the directors or whatever their titles may be are not making their contact information visible to customers. Well Sam's here's my SHOUT OUT TO YOU. Get involved with what's going on inside your company on the customer level. And Sam's higher management you have my contact information, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME, I'll be delighted to speak with any of you.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I visited my local Sam's Club in Odessa, Texas... I was WOW-ed by the customer service - literately by every employee that I encountered. Especially Sylvia - she truly treated me like I was a premier customer! She went above and beyond to make my shopping experience just perfect. All employers need better customer service employees like Sylvia.

Original review: June 19, 2019

It's a gas and pellet combo grill, works very well and also can smoke. I would highly recommend this grill, when grilling on the pellet side you just set your temp and let it cook, comes with temp probes also.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The grates are what made me take a second look. Those and the $200 price. Five burners independently operational with huge handles. The zigzag grill design prevents thin food from falling through and gives burgers and veggies a nice look. Heat is even and the entire grill is rugged. Nothing flimsy about it. The temperature gauge is an added bonus. I just didn't give it an excellent "5" rating because it doesn't have a large enough upper grill. We're hooked up to in ground propane (no tank) and that's nice. Rolls easily on large wheels but it stick still when set on brake.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have had several issues with Sam’s Auctions. Apparently I’m a slow learner. First, I won an auction on four chairs. Only one arrived. When I called, they said it was only for one chair because that’s what the picture was, even though the description clearly said it was for four chairs. Second, I saw an auction where the title and picture were of a Kitchenaid mixer, but the description was for a set of mixer attachments. Because of my chair experience, I called and asked. I was told the auction was for BOTH items. I bid and won – and only received the mixer. I called, but Sam’s has been unwilling to make good on what they offered on their web page. Finally, I have bid on several items where my card was charged, but the item never arrived. After several weeks, I would call and they would issue a refund. They never initiated the refund themselves and clearly had no intention of delivering the item.

Original review: June 7, 2019

6 burner, stainless steel, infrared burner, burner for pot, cast-iron grates, thermostat to control temperature, caster wheels with locks, store space to put supplies in with door magnetic doors to stay locked, bottle opener.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I've learned that Sam's Club will advertise a price in print, then "forget" to change the prices at the register. Many items that are in their print circulars ring up at the wrong prices, and often it's too late before we realize we paid the higher price (We were already home). This can be remedied with a trip to customer service, but who wants to waste that time? The last time we caught the mistake at the register, it took them 20 minutes to resolve it. I've stopped shopping at Sam's Club for all things except gas, and even then, still purchase gas more often from Costco. ** Sam's Club.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Sam's was having a one day sale on Serta mattress and box springs sets. I place my order on May 11, 2019. I order a few other items also which where delivered with in a few days. The mattress/box spring date that was given has came and went. ONE HOUR on the phone with Samsclub.com customer service today while they put me on hold and called Serta. Why? You're selling this merchandise and have to call Serta? Then after an hour Serta says I will hear from a 3rd party shipping company. NEVER AGAIN!!!! DO NOT ORDER on their website. Also they tell me I cannot cancel this order?

Original review: May 27, 2019

Ordering was easy. Flowers delivered on time. Flowers were nothing like the picture. Mostly greenery. Not much color. Not many flowers. Flowers started dying 2 days after delivery. Very disappointing. Terrible.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Swimming pool was ordered May 11. We received an automated message from Top Dog Delivery that our pool was to be delivered to our house Tuesday May 14 but the pool was never delivered. When we contacted Top Dog Delivery they said their automated system was wrong and our pool would be delivered that upcoming weekend. The pool was never delivered. Top Dog still has yet to notify us of an exact delivery date and adhere to it. We have had to cancel water delivery for the pool twice now because of Top Dog's unreliability. We purchased this pool with the intention of it being up and running by Memorial Day weekend and are quite disappointed that contacting Sam's Club and Top Dog has done nothing to resolve this situation.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I ordered a TV from Sam's Club Online on 5/11/2019 and the site stated delivery by 5/15/19 to 5/22/19. Got a call today after inquiring and they stated delivery set for 5/29/2019. 18 days to get a tv delivered is ridiculous in todays online environment. The other sad thing is paying for a membership to get this type of service, shame on me. This was my first order and my last order and a cancelled membership. Buyer beware of this issue! Don't believe the dates that they give you!

Original review: May 22, 2019

I went in to Sam's in Kannapolis NC 5/21/2019. I had some items to return and in order to get to service desk I had to walk about 50 feet around display items and then back up the other side. This is ridiculous when the desk is right there off to your left. Either move the display items somewhere else or make it so you can walk through the area and form the lines there. I love going to Sam's Club but I don't appreciate this area of customer service. Your customers shouldn't have to walk 100 feet to get to service desk.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I purchased Serta Wynstone mattress to replace an 8 year old Serta foam mattress which my doctor suggested might be part of the cause of back pain. So far I am very pleased with the mattress quality and comfort. The "Sam's-Serta White Glove" delivery service left a lot to be desired. The mattress was received in good condition so I have no real monetary claim against Ryder. My complaint is regarding the quality of service.

The mattress was received by Ryder in Tempe, AZ on Monday, May 6th, which was 7 days BEFORE the quoted arrival date. I immediately called the Columbus Ohio scheduling department and was told the truck would not be in my area until Thursday, which would have been acceptable but they would not guarantee a morning or afternoon time period. The delivery time would be established by the dispatcher during the routing process. As a result of Ryder's policy and the fact that I had appointments scheduled for Thursday and Friday mornings, that left me with Saturday only, which I accepted reluctantly.

When the routing was done, I was informed it would be delivered between 3-5 pm on Saturday. About 1 pm I got a call saying the truck was being delayed by other deliveries and would arrive about 6 PM. At 5:30 pm I got another call saying the truck had broke down in Tucson and would need to be towed into the yard and my delivery would need to be rescheduled for the following week. I told Dan, the dispatcher, that was totally unacceptable unless he would guarantee me a 8-10 am time on Monday. He would not agree to that.

During the conversation he mentioned that he MIGHT be able to get the other Tucson delivery team to pick up the mattress from the disabled truck and then deliver to me. The MIGHT statement was made because the dispatcher could not require the other team to assist because the drivers are contractors, not employees of Ryder. Thank you to the 2nd driver-contractor that stepped up to satisfy his customer. That is what eventually happened by 7:30 PM on Saturday.

As someone who was in the transportation business, including final mile delivery service, Ryder's attitude and corporation to me as Sam's customer was totally wrong. They were unwilling to meet my schedule requirements, 6 day delivery delay is not good and they allow their operation to be controlled by independent operators that, apparently, use unreliable equipment.

When I complained to Sam's Club, I got a very polite reply from Dejan'e advising me to call the shipper with my claim. I just thought Sam's Club might want to be aware of how their customers are being treated by the delivery company. Save yourself the aggravation and have your mattress shipped to the store. If Sam Walton was alive today and running his company I think he would agree with my assessment. I will remember this when my Sam's Club renewal comes up.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I wrote the following review about an order I placed for a swing set for my daughter and received the below reply from Sam's Club about my review. I will never do business with them again. "My wife and I purchased this swing set on April 22, 2019 with the delivery date set at May 1, 2019. We purchased it with enough time so we could receive it and set it up in time for our daughter's birthday on May 11th. After the transport company that Sam's Club uses sent the swing set to Texas instead to my location in Maryland it did not arrive until May 10th at 1:30pm so needless to say not nearly enough time to set this swing setup.

Sam's Club was blaming the transport company and only offered a $100 off once it arrived and told my wife and I we would have to contact the transport company for further information on delivery. Sam's Club did not honor their delivered by date and did not respond to further emails from me about this issue. They also tried to blame the delay on the fact that the swing set weights 1100lbs and would take time to get here. Well only a week before we had an 800lbs pool delivered to us from Amazon and it only took 3 days to get to our residence. If you can afford the $400 more Amazon was charging for this swing set I would use them not Sam's Club."

Sam's Club Reply to my Review: "Your opinion is very important to us and the Sam's Club community. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Backyard Discovery Bristol Point Cedar Swing Set/Playset. Unfortunately, your review did not meet our guidelines for posting on our site. Your review cannot be approved because it: mentions customer service issues, mentions a competitor, is vague or needs more detail."

Original review: April 30, 2019

Paid for Membership in early March. Tried to buy a few items in late April. Was auto-charged again for Membership. Club personnel could not fix or find the receipt. Told me to go home and find my receipt from March. They could not find on their system. Went home. Found my March receipt with the membership charge on it. Also found online after logging into Samsclub.com. Called Sam’s Club Member Services. Eva advised that there was nothing they could do, she could not see receipts from the club, only online orders. Advised to take the receipt to the club. Seems they have modified their systems to keep auto charging for membership renewal until you jump through hoops to actually get their systems to reflect that you paid for membership.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Called customer service, told them that you had sent me an email to call you regarding an order. Customer service told me “this is strange, why would they do that, I never heard of anything like that.” Customer service didn’t even want to ask me what the order number was. After some debates and arguments, and I had to TELL HIM to ASK me about the order number, he transferred me to the “Verification Department” which asked me about my name, my address, last 4 numbers of my credit card, expiration date of the credit card. Finally, I found it ridiculous that he (after all that) wanted me to give him my date of birth. Seemed to me as if I’m applying for a government assistance. The result was: Sam's Club canceled my order.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I used to love getting gas at Sam's Club but today I put $20 of gasoline in my car and they charged me $100 plus the $20 I put in my car. When I went to customer service they proceeded to tell me it was a “soft charge” and eventually would be returned to me. Regardless, a $100 for $20 is ridiculous!!! I will never get gas at Sam's again! I may not even renew my membership!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

Sam's Club closed most of the stores in NJ. For getting the cash back Sam's Club forces to go to a store and renew your membership which you would not be using because you do not have any stores close by.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The tires I bought a sam's club never held air. I was constantly going back to have them checked. The only reply I would get is it is due to the weather. Please... I have had many tires in my life and never this much trouble. Needless to say they wore out in record time. Save yourself from stress and go anywhere else. Terrible service and even worse tires.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have had three accounts (Sam's Club, Gaps and Amazon) credit limits raised then suddenly lowered and then closed without notice or correspondence. Since I review my monthly statements, I noticed this trend only on my Synchrony accounts. My hardest hit account is my Sam's Club account. Synchrony raised my credit limit from 1000 to 3000 then suddenly lowered it to 1800 without notifying me. Since the outstanding balance was already over 1800. I was charge a over limit fees. When I made a payment that was well above the minimum payment amount. Synchrony lowered my limit again. This continued on for three months.

Each time Synchrony charge me a over limit fees, which has ruined my credit. I continue to make payments to avoid the over limit fees, but Synchrony continue to lower the max limit right below the outstanding balance and charge me an over limit fee. This trend appeared on my Gaps and Amazon accounts as well. When I called Synchrony to get an explanation. The agent told me Synchrony has closed my accounts and sent them to collection. When attempting to settle my debt with the collection department. The collection agent told me I will need to pay $9,000 to settle my debt. My original outstanding debt was $3,000. It is impossible to pay this debt back. I paid all my payments on time, never was late and usually paid over the minimum. Now, I am being harassed by Synchrony collection bank. Synchrony will not allow me to pay off my original amount until I pay off all their fees. Consumers beware!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Went to Sam's Club to buy Samsung Galaxy S10+. Byron was excellent sales associate. Had phone shown to be defective. Called cell phone service provider. They had told me about the phones had glitches and that I should take it back to store. So I drove to Sam's Club. From minute one sales associates were no help. 1st I had to wait for associate to get back from break. He then tried to put responsibility on the service provider then said the 14 days had run up but when I showed my contract to him with 30/14 day contract. He said he'd go talk to another Sam's Club associate. Came back. Said I could only deactivate phone. After talking to him for a bit he called Byron head of the wireless. They looked through the PC thru facetime and I even seen the extension on 14 day warranty.

Byron told him he would call the wireless distributor. They said they instructed him to go to corporate provider store. For exchange defective phone. I said, "Well let's just deactivate phone then which was stated that my contract would be able to do". And then the sales associate. Told me I could even do that. I asked to speak to another sales associate then another gentleman came over. Said it's a manufacturer's problem. I needed to contact Samsung. I stated that the phone was defective and asked if they could even help. They wouldn't stand behind something they sold even within contract details. They were polite in telling me "Your problem not mine." Worst experience with Sam's Club ever.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My husband and I went to Sam's for eyeglasses. We have been members for over 20 years. The woman in the dept. never got out of her chair. When I mentioned to my husband that she would help us once he chose some frames, she commented "If you're happy with them, I am". She did not help with the choice. She did fit the lens according to his prescription. She waited on him again when he picked them up. She did not fit the glasses to his face. She was no more helpful than a cashier. They were lopsided and the bows were not adjusted to his ears. He went to another optical store near our home to get them adjusted- but then ended up returning them to Sam's. The man at the optical dept. was gracious about his returning them. We will not attempt to purchase glasses there again.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have tried to get my rewards several times. First at the checkout, mid month March 2019. Then today 1 April 2019, chatted with my Sam's Club account verifying both amount due on credit card & my reward amount. I even asked about how to get my rewards, this morning. The response was Customer Service. Today before noon, I go in & want to get the rewards to apply to my bill. I was told that I had the wrong credit card with the wrong expiration date (2/21). That my rewards was put on another card with a longer expiration date. How odd? First this current card was issued in May, 2019. Second, never was there any mention of this before by anyone. Third, I do not have another card. Sam's Club is customers inconvenienced & MISLED & MISINFORMATION EVEN WHEN ASKED. Don't be an April fool 2019, JOIN COSTCO instead.

Original review: March 29, 2019

There was only one cashier at the check out at 7 am. The girl was nice not rude about that she was unavailable to check me out by herself. I talk with the assist manager after leaving my cart there, there was no apology was offered but she said that she would help. My outlook by then was I was going to leave and come back other day. I tried to call the general manager to leave feedback on what happened. When I call the girl that picked up the phone was nice, when she transferred me to the general manager the phone ring for about 4 mins. Not the way to be the boss. Thanks. Rob.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Do not buy tires from Sam's. Bought 4 Michelin tires almost 1 year ago... Tires were an 8 when I bought them. They are now a 4 (tread wear). Went to Sam's. Told them the tires are not holding up and wearing. Sam's would not offer any help. Said tires have to be a 2 in order to help. :( Very poor service. I even asked if they would pay 1/2 for each tire and I would pay the other 1/2 and they said no! I paid $600. For all 4. Do not buy tires from Sam's. They never answer phone in tire department. I had to end up going there in person!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Worst place to shop! Place is dying, no customers. Taking photos is discouraged by staff, management. Poor service. They rip customers blindly, no refunds possible. Lines are always long for returning items. Horrible place!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

So someone hacked samsclub.com account and has been using people's credit cards and buying stuff. When I called the Corporate number I spoke to several people that were rude and was no help at all. I had to of course cancel my credit card and now I have to cancel my Sam's Club account. Now, you would think they would offer a years membership but no. Worst company ever!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I was a Sam's Club member from November 2017 until November 2018. I had the Sam's credit card issued by Synchrony Bank. At this time, I have $27.77 in cash back rewards. Sam's Club will not honor this and give me my money because I am no longer a member. The money was accrued under their old system which they changed in February 2019. I feel it is totally unethical for them not to issue me my earned cash back either by check or cash. Please be aware of my situation and don't let it happen to you. If I would join again, they would give me the money. I feel that they are holding my money hostage.

Sam's Club Company Information