2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5
Based on 1,912 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sam's Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Tried to purchase an InstaPot during their one day sales event on November 9th. Had the item in my cart and ready to purchase, told me it was out of stock, sure enough after the sale ended it was available online at full price. What a scam!!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Recently Sam’s Club sent out an “INSTANT SAVINGS” book to customers valid October 30- December 1, 2019 which stated on page 21 consumers would be eligible to purchase a table and chair combo for $499 so I waited until October 30th to go online and order this item #848242 (which is stated in article for that said price) and was shocked to discover the price to be $1,298.... HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! I then called customer service to inquire about the price difference and was told they were aware of the ‘Error’ and would not honor me the price; not acceptable I explained. I was then transferred to a supervisor, on hold for 50 minutes to to be told again under no circumstances would I be honored that advertised price. I plan to do my business with an honest company in the future; Sam's Club lies to their loyal customers.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I recently placed an online order on Sam's as I have done before. Instead of it shipping to my home it is being shipped to somewhere in Tennessee. I called to cancel the order and they told me, "We can't cancel the order. You will have to return it." Being the rocket scientist that I am I determined how can I return something that is never going to be shipped to me. Well an hour and a half later 3rd person they are going to get back to me. I was charged for the order at my bank. This has to be the dumbest scenario I have experienced in a long time. Sam's Club themselves can't do anything to cancel or correct the order, why you say? Well they are just a middleman in a group of middlemen and have subcontracted that out. What does this say for the customers. Sam's Club isn't concerned in the least. What's really crazy is that I and everybody else pays for even the privilege of shopping at Sam's Club. Why?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Sam's Cust Ser. is Terrible. I ordered 10 boxes of creamer 2 weeks ago and received email confirmation of that order. I logged in today and the order was mysteriously cancelled. No correspondence sent. I did online chat AND called CS personally and NO ONE can tell me why the order was cancelled. They didn't offer to rush a re-order, didn't offer a discount, and said I can go to a physical store if I need my product in a timely fashion. No reason why it was cancelled, and no attempt to fix THEIR mistake. I'll order from someone else.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Sam's Club tried to charge my credit card used for last renewal to make a $1.00 charge at 5 am on Sunday morning. Credit card Co. caught it as 'fraud' as this is common practice for credit card thieves to see if card is activated. Spent an hour on phone with Sam's today to first be told it was done to be sure card was good for future purchases, then finally told it had to do with up-coming renewal. Foreign Sam's rep really had no idea, asked for supervisor & after 15 min wait got same person back. In meantime credit card co. had suspended my card acct. Never could get a straight answer to confirm that Sam's truly made the attempted charge. If you get a fraud alert about Sam's be aware, still do not know if they may have been hacked by outsiders, no one to talk to to find out??? Horrible unprofessional service, not to mention disruption of my credit card acct.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

The Sam's Club credit services are phony and illegal. They do not do as they say and charge fees that I've never heard of. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK OR SAM'S CREDIT CARD. I will put my name on this dissatisfaction and address just to show my total dissatisfaction. They are not trustworthy and charges are phony. I'm just glad my credit rating isn't important to my any more as I am self-funded at age 77.

Bob

Ft. Myers, FL 33908

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Great store, food and employees. Tammy **, from Bluffton Sc renewed my membership. She is extremely helpful and considerate. She loves her job and supports SAM'S. She also loves her customers. The food is great. So many items to choose from that can service parties, dinners, and entertaining. So many departments.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Yesterday took my van to do the tire rotation at the Samsclub Location #08273 located at 7400 Youree Dr. Shreveport, La 71105. I always put a white mark on the tires just in case I encounter deceiving people. They took in my van in and they told me it will be ready in about 35 minutes. MORE THAN TWO HOURS later they call me and told me it was ready and done. I went to my van and realized that everything was exactly as before, they didn't even touched the tires, I went back to confront them and they started telling me that the "job was done" and they "could show me the cameras", after I start confronting them they ended up telling me that they couldn't do it because the van is too big to lift it up, but they gave a me receipt of everything been completed. They probably do this all the time to many customers.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I contacted Sam's Club membership services a month prior to my renewal date in order to cancel my membership. I spoke with Jon in the Philippines regarding the cancelation. It was my understanding that the membership had been canceled, but today, a month later, I received a pending charge for the $45 membership renewal fee. I reached out to Sam's Club today to speak with someone and was told I would have to wait approximately 25 minutes to speak with someone. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Sam's Club was great for a long time. I was a member for 25 years. Over the years their customer service has reached rock bottom. The worst! I cancelled my membership and joined Costco and "WOW"... what a difference!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I have been a business member since 2003. I was treated like an idiot for an online order that they cancelled and per Caitlyn and Stephanie from Newport Richie, Florida store since it was an error and was rude. Called customer service and was told that the district manager was going to call. This was almost a month ago and still no resolution. I expect this from Walmart not from a membership store. Caitlyn was very rude and was making faces. We told them that we drove 30 mins. and had a response from Stephanie (lead) that it wasn’t far and she drives an hour. Ridiculous! She goes there to work and get paid! I’m going back to Costco and ordering my business supplies elsewhere. Terrible customer service and terrible upper management.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I did an online purchase which went well, but the pick up procedure and wait time was excessive. I was not impressed at all with this, and there were not enough personnel to serve us, and now we have to scan and do our own checkout, after paying a high membership fee. Not happy. I use Amazon frequently and am pleased with this experience.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I bought a Sam's club membership for a one-time purchase. Almost a year later, I began receiving emails saying my membership was being renewed. Apparently there's an automatic renewal unless you opt out. Before the renewal, I sent sent two emails and a chat message telling them I "absolutely" did not want the membership renewed. It renewed anyway. I went to the local Sam's Club three times to get it cancelled. They finally directed me to a phone number which I called while there. The agent said she would get back to me to complete cancellation. She never did.

Today I called that number again three times to cancel. The first agent transferred me to someone else who hung up on me after I said I wanted to cancel. The second one kept directing me back to a main menu. The third one, John ?, stayed on the line until he confirmed that the next agent actually would help me cancel the membership and she did, giving me a reference number for the cancellation. I think this is now resolved. It's really mean of Sam's Club to take so much of my time and aggravation just to let me cancel the membership. Be sure not to sign anything re automatic renewal if you can help it unless you want automatic renewal. Nancy

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Hello Sam's Club, My account was setup on Auto-pay. I was billed $45.00 on 9/28/2019. I was forced to renew again in the store on 10/09/2019 and charged $45.00 again. Then I spent over an hour to "attempt" to resolve the issue online and by phone. Not a happy customer!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I purchased a trash can online. It took a long time to get delivered and when it finally got delivered it came damaged. I immediately called customer service and spoke with someone that I could barely understand. She charged me for a replacement part before I even gave her the go ahead to charge my credit card again. They said I had to go to the store to return it before they could refund me my money. I felt like I should not have to waste my time and my money bringing the item that was shipped to me damaged, and that someone should have came and picked it up. They would not do this so I asked for a manager.

After being on hold for over 20 minutes a manager came and said the same thing. I told her I didn't think that was fair and feel I should receive some sort of compensation for my time, money and hassle. They told me again they couldn't do anything for me and that there was no one else to speak to me. She said these exact words "listen to the words coming out of my mouth, there is nothing we can do for you".

I am completely disgusted with the absolutely HORRIBLE customer service Sam's Club has. So like they told me, I went to Sam's Club to return the item. I drove there, waited in line at customer service for them to call a manager over and tell me that they couldn't take the item as it would throw off their inventory. So the online customer service is telling me to take it to a Sam's Club and the in store Sam's Club is telling me they won't take it and I have to call customer service back.

In store they actually said "the customer service people on the phone were probably just telling you whatever you wanted to hear to get you off the phone, but we can't take this here." I have never dealt with a more un-helpful and unprofessional company and will never purchase an item from them anymore. Still no resolution.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Sam’s Club provides an inexpensive experience at their food court when you go shopping. They have great deals for bulk buyers and return some of the money paid in for Plus members. They also have great WiFi to use while in store, complimentary to all customers.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I've bought Duracell AGM batteries for my RV for eight years, but not from the Sam's in Mechanicsburg, PA. The staff at this location are rarely around to answer questions and when they are, it's usually not helpful and borderline rude. After I bought two more batteries, totaling almost $400, Sam's Club asked me to write a review. So I wrote it and it praised the product but mildly criticized the Tire & Battery Department. After two days I got a note from Sam's saying that they would not publish the review because it criticized Sam's Club. If they ask about your experiences shouldn't they take the good with the bad?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I am a Sam's Club Plus member. I pay extra to have the "2 day shipping" as I order a lot online that they do not carry in store. It is not like any other company's 2 day shipping. I recently ordered a pair of winter boots for my son, and it takes the warehouse SO LONG to actually ship the item. I just don't understand how it takes so long! Once it does ship, it is here in 2 days, usually. I ordered diapers a month ago, and it took so long for them to get here, I thought I was going to run out of diapers & have to go somewhere and buy more. IT'S RIDICULOUS! I wish someone would see my review, because they are about to lose a loyal member over 5+ years

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I went to the store in Greensboro, NC to replace my membership card because there were scratches on it and the card reader at the pump would not read my card even after multiple tries. I eventually was able to use it at the pump. The attendant (Deborah) at the customer service station told me there were no replacement cards so I should go and come back later. I asked when the replacement cards were going to come in and she told me she doesn't know. I saw some cards on her desk and asked her why she could not replace my old card with one of those. She then lied that it was for plus members. I told her I am a Plus Member, then she said "Oh I did not see that when I scanned your card" in a rude way. She the replaced the card and walked off from me without saying anything. Her attitude was terrible and she shouldn't be working there. Management should take some action against her. This is unacceptable!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Placed an order for supplies on 08/16/2019. Sam's shipped it and FedEx lost it. Sam's customer service told me it was up to me to file a shortage and get the package returned to them. They refused to reshoot until the items were returned to them and I had to be the one to handle it. You cannot talk to anyone that cares and they all say the same thing. "Sorry your shipment was lost but we cannot help you." After two weeks I finally received my order. For what it’s worth to Sam's customer service, I have discontinued all personal and company orders from Sam's and have given a directive to all employees to only order from Amazon. My Prime membership cost is the same and we get 1 - 2 day service. Thank you Sam's customer service for opening my eyes. GO AMAZON!!!! You have my business.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Placed my order, they immediately charged by credit card. 8/15/19. on 8/16/2019, I was notified the TV shipped and was expected delivery 8/21/2019. I waited. I had my neighbors looking for the TV on 8.21.19 , no TV. I checked the tracking number, hasn't even left. NO INFORMATION from SAM. I finally called. I was OUT OF STOCK. The only way they can do anything with the order is to send it to shipping. They did not tell anyone it was out of stock. I would have no idea that the TV was never coming. This was a birthday present that isn't coming and I must scrabble for now. What horrible communication. Not to mention SAM's used my money for over a week when they knew by TV was never coming. This is how they use consumers money. This is the worst customer service online I have ever seen. I know wait three to 5 business days for my refund which I would not have received till who knows when if I had not called.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I am in the market for a new iPhone and went to my local Sam’s Club after seeing a discounted price through my carrier. When I got to the store the that was the first the mobile phone rep had seen of that price. He researched but was unable to locate the advertised price. Rep called his Manager who referred him onto the carrier rep, who in turn referred onto their supervisor. Ultimately they would not honor the price and sent me to the store Manager. The store manager agreed this was the price of the phone on the website, but said they could not honor that price even though the phone was available.

I was then referred onto the online customer service and received a similar answer all why standing at the customer service counter. I had the store manager talk to the online CSR, but both pointed to the other. The CSR tried to get me a gift card for the difference but it was not approved by their manager. After 2 hours of talking to everyone in the store and online they decided their was not anything they could do. This was an unfortunate experience and hope no one else wastes their time on a fake price like I had to. But I do have to thank the mobile phone rep, and the store manager they helped in every way they could, and even though the outcome was poor and the store did not stand behind the advertised price, I appreciated their assistance.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Sam's Club has worst customer service of any of big box stores. Purchased membership with promo. Was to get $20 electronic gift card. Spoke to customer service 3 times. Was told it can take a while. Got notice today that they sent it and can't resend. I never received it or redeemed it. I checked all my emails. No gift card. I will stick with Costco from now on. Do not fall for any of their membership promos.

Original review: July 28, 2019

My family ordered a mattress through Sam's Club. They waited three weeks for the delivery date provided by Sam's Club. No mattress was delivered on that date. We contacted the store manager and ultimately got in touch with the delivery company. We were provided a second date, about a week later. No mattress was delivered on that date either. No communication was received on either date. We called the store manager and the delivery company again and were told that they had run out of time the previous day and would need a few hours to determine the next date they could attempt delivery again.

We called the store and cancelled the order because we expected to be a priority after waiting a month and them having failed to show on two occasions. We went to a furniture store much closer to home and received a mattress the next day. With Sam's Club, we felt like an inconvenience. We endured the inconvenience they were to us out of loyalty, but no more.

Original review: July 20, 2019

For the second time, I purchased a computer at Sam's Club. That was my second mistake with them. I should have learned the first time. I had to pay for the computer before they would pull it from the locked cage. When they checked the storage cage, they couldn't find one. I was told to go to customer service to apply for a refund. My credit card was charged immediately. I'm still waiting for the refund!!!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Sam's Club has the worst customer service for online orders and customer advocacy is beyond rude with their comments. I've been with y'all for 14 years and between you and FedEx these past 3 months, I'll never order online from y'all again and make sure all my family never starts ordering from you. #yallaretrash

Original review: July 7, 2019

Ordered a shed on 5/29/19. Promised to be there 6/20. Waited. Contacted them (Carmen) to see when my order was getting there. Told me on 6/28. Call on 6/30 spoke to Mario and they told me will be delivered the 7/1. Called on 7/6 spoke to Lillian. She says the company making the delivery return it on 6/26. In the meantime... I could have looked for another shed but they were promising fixing the problem and Lillian tell me there is no record on me contacting a Mario. Offered $50. For the trouble but trying to cancel the order instead of resolving it. Feel very disappointed in Sam's. Just giving a runaround and not making it right. Just don’t trust what you buy online anymore.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I join the member with a promotion that I will receive $20 gift card. They don't even send me any membership card. With several emails complains, I still did not get my $20 gift card for joining the memberships. Their response take several weeks that they will send within 48 hours, but I still not receive anything. This company is the WORST.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I order tires on June 19. Order #** item #285574. Sam's sent me a email on June 24 order ready for pick up. On June 25, I call store 4 time no answer. I went to the store on June 25, talk to the guy in tire, could not find the tires. He said the tire might be in back, he didn't go look. I left store and call corp. service center. They call the store four times no answer. I went back to the store talk to the store manager (Andrew). He said tires not in store. Store would call me when the tires are in, but he didn't look. I call corp. service center back on June 27. Corp call the store, store said tires are in. Not able to put them on till Monday July 1. I have sented a email to corp. office. Still no phone call about this. I dont expect one.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Last week, I purchased the Robert Irvine citrus, herb almandine crusted cod frozen fish of 4 servings. I cooked it exactly like the package instructed and it turned out awful. The pan had a lot of oily residue and the almandine topping on the fillets was a mushy goo. It didn't even brown. I cooked it 10 more minutes and that didn't help. I have cooked a lot of fish, both fresh and frozen and this was the worst. It had no taste of citrus or herbs. It was just a block of white fish topped with a mushy goo. Even the dog wouldn't eat it. At $14.98 I expected it to be the "restaurant quality" it was advertised to be but it was as if I threw frozen fish blocks on a pan and covered it with a mixture of water and bread crumbs and baked it. No flavor or seasoning at all.

I took the package back to the store because I couldn't return the product. The woman at the return desk said, "what do you want me to do with this?" My husband said we bought this and it was terrible. She then said, "I bought it for my husband and he love it and he is very picky." In a hateful tone and frowning the whole time. We didn't have the receipt and this caused her to make another hateful remark even though we all knew all she had to do was look at my membership card and look it up which she did. I did get a refund after this abuse. I am writing this because I hope Sam's Club will try to improve the quality of their products and the quality of their customer service. I used to think Sam's Club had the best products but no more. Such a shame.

Sam's Club Company Information