Sam's Club

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a deep freezer and when it came damage I returned. They sent other one out. It was also damage. I was told there was nothing they could do for me because I was not a member. Very very poor customer service. I wouldn't buy from them again or recommend anyone to.

I've had an account for a short time and in those few months Sam's Club has closed my account and ruined my credit twice because they say I have my Banking info wrong so the payment I made got rejected. I even tried going to a Sam's Club store and making a payment and that was declined twice. Needless to say I'm done with that crap company and trying Costco. Sam's Club told me if I wanted my account reinstated I would have to make another payment lol. Bye Sam's Club.

Never got my product (Pace Picts sauce 128 ounces). I ordered it online. I am suppose to pick it up at the store. I still have yet to get an e-mail confirmation that it is there. But they had no problem taking my money. I have sent complaints to them via their app and e-mail. In both cases no reply. Last time I buy from them online...

I purchased tires at Sam's Club in 2015. I went back today 3/10/17 to get another set, the tread was low on my current set. I asked about the warranty and was told there was not one. When I purchased I compared a couple sets and chose the Pirelli Nero GTs because the tire guy said better warranty. Now no warranty? Pretty shady deal at Sam's Club Tire shop. I complained via email. We'll see if that gets me anywhere. I can always try the news station too, doubt if I'm the only one they scammed.

I received my bill for February around January 20th. It was $248 minimum and $173 past due on 1/27/17. I tried to make automatic payment but I was not able because they blocked my account so I was connected to a customer service. The lady accepted a payment for $173 which was the past due amount and reminded me that I still have $95 due till my due date which is 2/9/17. I made automatic payment on 2/9/17 for $95. So these two payments should have fix all the past due problem. But no. I received another bill that is due on 3/9/17 and it is again showing the past due amount of $153 and minimum payment for $225. Called the customer service. I am pretty sure that was the same lady that last time she was nice at first but as soon am I told her the problem she started to be rude and lift her voice at me.

I tried to explain to her that have made two payments and told her the dates and was asking why my first payment would show on my account she tell me that I have not made any other payments except for the $95. My bank account shows both payments were cleared. And this is not the first time that this had happened. Now I have to go to my bank and ask them to print out all my payments that I have made to Sam's Club in the past few years so I can check how many times they have stolen from me. Both for me and my husband's credit card. I will take this to fort if I need to. They have cost me too much nerves and money. The customer service lady was very very rude. I asked her to look at previous recordings because when I called on 1/27\17 they told me that this conversation is being recorded so they payment should have been recorded too. She refused to do so.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

I ordered a dining room set from Sam's online on February 10, 2017. Once I ordered the table they said that it will take approximately three to four week for it to arrive to me. On February 22, 2017 the shipping company MXD called me to select a delivery date, so they can deliver the dining set. I scheduled for the delivery to for Wednesday March 1, 2017 and it was confirmed. On Monday February 27, 2017, approximately 9:20 PM I discarded my dining room set to create room for the new dining room set to be delivered to me. On Tuesday morning the shipping company MXD called me and informed me that I will not be receiving the dining room set. They said upon inspection the dining room set was damaged and Sam's will order me another dining set. MXD also said they sent Sam's Club an e-mail regarding the issue. I waited three days for MXD to get back to me regarding this issue. No one contacted me at all.

On Saturday March 4, 2017, at approximately 12 noon, I called MXD. The answering machine said that they are open from 8 AM I believe to 4 PM on Saturdays. I called MXD several times and I was going to voice mail. I called Sam's Club Corporate office and I spoke to a customer service rep name Trish. I explained the issue to Trish. Trish reordered me a new dining set. Trish then informed me that I will have to wait for another four to six weeks for the table to arrive to me. I informed Trish that I no longer have a dining room set because I discarded my dining room set to make room for the delivery guy to bring me the dining room set, now me and my family don't have a dining set to eat on. Trish said that she was sorry but she can't do anything but cancel my order and refund my money if I was to. Now this is inconvenience for me and my family.

I requested to speak to a Supervisor. Trish put me on hold. Trish came back and said that she spoke to her supervisor and they said that there is nothing they could do. No supervisor came to the phone at all. How do I know she spoke to a supervisor or didn't relay the right message? I asked her what is the name of her supervisor and she said Elliott. She said the only thing that she could do is to forward me to the higher ups to see if they can process my order so I can receive it earlier. She also said that she made notes to cancel my order. They are very unprofessional and inconsiderate to their customers. Now I have to wait till March 8, to see if someone will call me regarding my order. I will never order nor shop with them again. NEVER AGAIN! Unsatisfied customer.

I used the Sam's credit card to pay for my membership. A week later I went to the store and was required to pay for the membership again for it showed as expired. It's been almost a month and I'm still trying to get a refund. I'm starting to distrust this company. I get the feeling that this is not the only time they have charged me for something I did not get or failed to refund my account for things returned.

Every time my wife and I go to Sam's in the morning there are never enough cashiers. The line is always very long. There is employees walking around doing nothing but visiting with each other. I was there today 2/22/2017. People were walking out. Could not get any service. They were just leaving their carts and walking out the door. Outside there is a loading zone that people use for a parking lot while they are shopping so we are unable to use that area for loading our goods. Nobody ever says anything or tells the people to use the parking lot to park and the loading zone to load. I really think Sam's Club needs to find a competent manager to run this store. It's obvious the one that is there is not able to run this store.

Scan n Go - every time I go in Sam's and go to leave Scan n Go never works. Last time I was in there they told me they were having trouble with it and had a grin from ear to ear. Wanted to slap it right off their face. Come to find out sounds like it is their wifi. It finally did work but they waste of my time every time I go in there. They suck. "ConsumerAffairs wishes to ensure that reviewers are not affiliated in any way with the businesses that they are reviewing. By checking this box, you certify that you are not employed by the business, are not related to anyone employed there, and do not otherwise have a business or personal relationship with the owners or managers of this business or a competitor that might bias your review." I would not want to be either.

I signed up for my Sam's Club membership in Saturday, February 10th. I committed myself to the cheaper membership. Not because I couldn't afford the $100 membership as some might think or judge. So, back to my experience. On the day in question I arrived a little after 9 am. After I informed the Membership Rep my decision on which membership I felt was a fit was the $45 one. Immediately after those words left my mouth another Rep barks "You do know you can't shop until 10 am?" I looked at her like "Should I leave since it's not 10:00 am?" I'm not sure when this became a law at Sam's but it's pretty silly.

As I patiently await my card I'm handed a temp card. Okay what am I missing here? Does $45 not only disallow you entry until after 10:00 am it's also a temp membership? I look at her bewildered and she states "Oh I have to give you this because we're out of ribbon to print you a real card and be sure the cashier returns it to you". I started to think to myself what have I gotten myself into?

I finally was able to make my way into the store. As I was walking down an aisle a lady sitting on a floor cleaning machine comes barreling around the corner and nearly crashes into me. Mind you NO apology. She just kept going. I did purchase a few items and made my way to the cash register. The young cashier took a few tries to enter my temp information. I finally was able to leave. I'm not sure when and if I'll ever get a true membership card. Holding on to my receipt for dear life. I guess when the time comes I'll need to remind myself that I can't legally enter this store until 10:00 am. This was certainly not the warm welcome I had anticipated. Sam's you might want to work on this.

Just before 5pm today my husband & I stopped at SAM's #6244 in Fort Worth, TX to get gas. I have a Sam's membership through my daughter but I’ve never bothered to pick up my card. I also have a Walmart credit card I use to get my gas discount. Today I used my Walmart credit card & told the pump that I did not have a membership (because I didn't have a card with me and I was willing to pay the 2 cents a gallon extra). I unfortunately hit "No" that I did not want a receipt. Once I started pumping gas I realized that instead of being charged $2.08 for gas I was being charged $2.11 a gallon. We stopped pumping & went & got the attendant, ** (who was very polite). He checked it out & agreed that we were being overcharged. He had us end our transaction & start over again to make sure that I had not hit any of the buttons incorrectly. We did as he requested & were again charged the wrong amount.

** told us to go into the store & speak to the manager to get reimbursed & get the situation corrected. Since we had not requested a receipt for the first 9.049 gallons that had pumped he hand wrote us a receipt & put his initials on it. We went inside, asked for the store manager & spoke to the assistant manager **. She asked how she could help me and I told her she needed to turn the pumps off until she could get them fixed & explained what had happened. She said argued with me saying that there was nothing wrong & that I had not been over charged. She was very rude & refused to shut the pumps down & all but called me a liar.

I asked her to call ** which she finally did & he confirmed everything we had told her. She still said that I had not been over charged & I had to show her a photo of the advertised prices that I had taken. She then said “Well, I can’t help, you can call the manager ** on Monday”. I told her that I would have to call the State about it & she said, “Call the State authorities if you want! I don't care who you call” then walked away from us. I have receipts and photos on my phone but can't get them loaded onto my computer to upload here.

I placed an order with Sam's club 2/6/17, which was promised to deliver by 2/11/17. After waiting for delivery on 2/13/17, I logged back onto FedEx website to find

out I wasn't going to get expected delivery until 2/15/17, because Sam's Club failed to allow them to pick up order until 2/09/17. I placed call to Sams Club who was no help nor were they sympathetic to my issue. I will never online from them again. And I am considering just not renewing my membership to store after many years.

Worst service ever!!! Tried online and kept logging me out and freezing!!! Went into the store and could only give me a 1800 number!!! Ended up paying the extra money for another company!!! Very disappointed!

I bought a 55 inch Samsung curved TV and 2.1 curved soundbar as bundle, they did send me a wrong sound bar (regular not curved), I have been calling them for two weeks and they say you have to return the whole thing for exchange. I was like "this is not an exchange, you sent me the wrong sound bar so come pick it up and send me the right one that I paid for." They said just go to any Sam's Club store and they will exchange it for you cause if you wanna do it online you have to send the whole thing back.

I did call my local store five days in a row but they say they don't have a manager. I was like "how can you run a store with no manager?" Then they say he is not available, I went to the store twice and had to wait for then 30 min to talk to the manager and again he said the same thing you have to return the whole thing, not even that he said that I have to deal with the online customer service, so now I'm back to sq one and the problem has not been solved, very poor customer service.

Still calling every day and each time they put me on hold for more than 15 min then transfer me to another department. I did install the tv, so now I have to put it in the box and take it back to the store, The tv will not fit in my car. It's a 55-inch tv so I have to rent a Uhaul truck. What's the point of buying online when I have to go through all that? It's very sad that customers paid for items and they receive a very poor service. Also they don't have the tv in store, problems keep adding up, today Feb 8 2017 they gave me a return number (third party tv service not even Sam's Club) that I did call and again the also said they can't help with sound bar only with tv.

On 2 different times I have used my Visa bank card at Sam's Club gas pumps. The first time I got 34.00 in gas and was charged 100.00 transaction. My bank and Sam's blame each other for that. And yesterday I went to get gas at Sam's and I had to use my bank card as debit. As soon as I did it declined my card and I received 2 text messages from my bank that there was 100.00 transaction made and I didn't get gas. Sam's blames the bank and the bank says it Sam's so lesson learned I will never get gas at Sam's Club again.

The only problem I have is they are closed for lunch 1:30-2pm and closed on Sunday all day. The associates and pharmacist are all friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They call when your prescription is getting low. Also I get a text when my meds are ready. My mom also gets her meds there too and let us pick up the other meds, if one of us is ill or recovering from surgery.

We go to Sam's a lot. Don't like to eat there anymore cause the seating is too small for baskets and so very hard for our 2 yr old granddaughter no to slide off those benches and can't reach to table. The floors and tables and drink counters are never clean. Just nasty. The drinks are just carbonated water and ice is nearly always empty. We spend a lot everytime we go to Sam's and enjoy shopping, but it's just horrible that the food court isn't being taken care of! Get better tables to sit at, not those slick benches and clean it up! Makes people wonder what it looks like behind the counter where they are fixing our food! Refill the lids, straws, and clean the mustard catsup counters. Thank you!

Sam's Pharmacy #4850 is customer centered by offering prompt and caring service. Erika, the pharmacist, is not only very knowledgeable, but also especially caring of all her customers. She makes every effort to find coupons to help pay for medications while also offering words of comfort to all customers. Erika and her staff are all customer centered, providing respectful and courteous service. I would highly recommend Sam's Pharmacy, especially #4850 to one and all.

What a nightmare. I finally let Sam's club talk me into their credit card. After not getting any mailings I call to let them know and the person is hard to understand-keeps saying they can't verify me - that my mail has been returned. I tell them that they have failed to update their data- that my Sam's store entered my new info at the time I got the temp card (I had recently bought a home). They tell me they will send me a statement at my new address. Weeks go by nothing. December I want to be sure the balance does not go over to the next year so I call again for the balance. Takes 45 min. Get told they can't be sure I am not fraud, and card will be held. I don't care. Just send statement and give me total so I can send check. My Bank sends check with my name and member Sam's Club number on it.

In Jan. my bank gets the check, with a letter saying the company needs "an acct number". They could not determine who to credit the payment to. In the meantime I get a bill showing no payment and late fees. My bank sends me the check and letter to deal with. I call to ask what number they want. They tell me no payment was received or sent back, no letter was sent, no specialized payment processing department exists. (Even after I read them the letter.) And now I found out they have reported me to the credit bureau as being delinquent. All because they don't keep their database correct. Customers suffer and they falsely assume they are talking to fraudulent calls. WHAT IS THERE THAT A PERSON CAN DO WHEN THESE BIG COMPANIES WALK ALL OVER US LIKE THIS?

The main pharmacist, Erika, and her staff at Sam's Club Pharmacy #4850 go above and beyond to make sure everything is done as soon as possible and that all the instructions are understood when receiving our medications. They were also understanding about any questions you may have. The staff has often gone and searched for coupons for the expensive medications we needed that were not available in generic form yet, to ensure the medications were more affordable. Little acts of kindness, like asking how myself or my parents are when we visit the store, have kept us going back to the pharmacy over the years. I would highly recommend this pharmacy to anyone and everyone.

I have tried other pharmacies. One or more of them are always out of my meds and I have to wait 1 to 2 days for them to come in. But I have never had a bad experience at Sam's Club Pharmacy. They even call when they realize I have run out or about to run out of my meds. They even let me know how much my rewards are. The staff is courteous, knowledgeable and the prices are reasonable.

I switched from Walgreens with lousy service and terrible prices. The service at Sam's Club is always good and the pharmacy tech even notifies me when I could purchase an over the counter or get generic for less. They will also give the 3 month price for my maintenance prescriptions without me having to mail in.

I ordered a dining room set from samsclub.com and paid $893.45 on November 14th 2016 and was told I would receive the product before December 7th in time for Christmas on December 22nd. Was told it would be there in time for Christmas. Because it was damaged in shipping twice, on December 23rd Sam's Club said they would refund my money after screwing up my Christmas plans. As of January 16th 2017 my money has not been refunded!!! I hope I don't have to sue Sam's Club just to get a refund!!!

I wear focus night and day. They are cheaper at Sam's than the place I get my eyes examined. The staff at the optical department at Sam's are friendly and know the products they sell. My contact lenses are a name brand, good quality. Have good value, price not as high as other stores. The delivery/shipping does not take long.

Sam's Club has a wide variety of frames. My glasses have nice frames and lenses. Not cheap but not high end. I got a call earlier than thought and picked my glasses up. So far, so good. This is my third pair of glasses from Sam's Club. Overall, I'm satisfied with my experience. Other stores that deal with just glasses probably have a wider selection but Sam's has more than enough for me.

Sam's Club has a better fit and focus than other eyeglass chains. They also had London Fog, my favorite. Service was friendly and courteous, and there was short wait to be seen by a tech. Information about glasses and when I would receive them was accurate. Very good quality and durable glasses. Will return for more.

I bought my first and 2nd pair @ Walmart, very satisfied. Since prices have gone way up at Walmart and Sam's, I chose Sam's because of frame. The glasses are expensive but still cheaper than others and seem to be excellent quality.

I have had the worst experience with Sam's Club. I purchased a coffee maker online for Christmas gift on 12/16, The website show me that the shipping labels have been create. After new year!!! I still did not receive the item. I contact to the FEDEX and they told me the Sam's club never ever!!! Send them the item, that is why they can not send anything to me. I am so disappointment to sam's club. It is almost 20 days, if I did not lose my greatest patience, I will still waiting for my never coming Christmas gift. After that I spend 1 hour waiting phone call to cancellation my order, and being treated like an idiot. NO apologies, NO respect. Thank you to let me know how ** you are Sam's Club.

On Nov. 23rd I ordered a gazebo from Sam's Club. Delivery was to be between Dec. 1 and the 15th. My checking account was debited Dec. 1 and I was notified the gazebo had shipped. After a few days I tried to track the shipment but every time the shipping company website said I didn't have enough information. After Dec. 15th. I started contacting Sam's. First by email, then by phone. After at least 6 emails and eight phone calls, nobody seems to know where my Gazebo is. Everyone says they will investigate and call me back but I have not received one phone call. Messages to both the vendor and trucking company have gone unanswered. It seems there is no one at this company that cares about customer service. I'm now trying to get a refund for my money but that doesn't seem to be any easier.

I found the value of the glasses to be a great deal compared to other places and the quality was excellent. The price was lower than in the optical store at my doctor's office and the customer service was great. I will be using Sam's again and would recommend it.

Sam's Club Company Profile