Sam's Club

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

As a long time member of Sam's Club I was solicited by FHP (Florida Home Improvement Co. Songwriting in Store Sarasota, FL) for window replacements. I trusted that Sam's Club would only allow reputable and vetted companies to solicit in their stores! I signed a contract with FHP in April, 2017 with the promise that the job would be completed by the end of May 2017. There has been numerous fall ups! I am frustrated and will drop my membership.

Pumped $50 fuel for our F150 and $14.01 for the Camry using my debit card on an early Saturday morning, 8/5/17. We and every other customer had trouble with the pumps - kept rejecting our Sam's cards AND our payments - every customer. Gas station attendant told us there was no problem, "the pumps are just slow today." Figured network issues because we were finally able to complete our transactions.

The following Monday I receive an alert that my Wells Fargo checking is low. I know EVERY SINGLE penny that comes out of that account and it is NOT low. Well, not until Sam's charges me $164.01 for the $64.01 of fuel I purchased. The $50 charge was processed three times. Took 35 minutes and four Manager/Supervisors to finally tell me they couldn't help me - yes, according to my Sam's card records, I did NOT purchase more than $64.01 of fuel, but it wasn't Sam's fault, it is the bank's fault. WFB didn't debit my account arbitrarily, that money left my account because Sam's sent through a transaction. Now I have one full week before payday and NO MONEY. WFB has submitted a claim, but the TAT on the return of MY FUNDS will take at least 72 hours.

I pay to have a Sam's Plus Card to be able to beat the crowds and be able to come into the stores at 7am. To me it's a waste of money. When certain special sales go on it should still be for the customers that pay the extra money to only be allowed to come in early and not the customers that are not paying the extra money. If they do not pay the extra cost then they shouldn't be able to come in early. I think that just seems right to me.

While I was about to pay, with the Sam's Master Card, cashier told me, I wouldn't be able to pay unless I paid $45. Automatic renewal. Told her my account was active, but two more joined her and kept insisting I needed to go see customer service, waiting 20 minutes of my time. Waited in line for 15 minutes but no luck. Called Membership Services, and was told that my account was active and my card was actually renewed even for 2018, and maybe the cashier wasn't sure what she was doing. Wasted two hours of my time, and no luck. Worst experience ever with them! Not sure if I'll ever use them again!

Innovera 901 xl black cartridge - Advertised as 700 page content, only got 487 pages. Please change the ad to about 450 pages so your customers will know how much ink is in the cartridge and not get disappointed as I was. Went to Target to get one to finish project.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

We pay high prices because of theft... Well, let me tell you Sam's Club doesn't care if you walk away with the store! I notified the Ontario., Ca store off Millikan of a known shoplifter in the store. I absolutely knew she was there to "lift" many items. I gave the manager and loss prevention guy her photo and arrest record. They replied that they can't do anything at all unless they see it with their own eyes. WELL... Then FOLLOW her watch her... SOMETHING! They stood in the electronics department after I physically pointed her out a few feet from them. Did not move an inch... Did not call anyone to watch her.

So I followed her and watched her take items of clothing, cosmetics and alcohol! In her purse... If I could watch her do that, why could they not see it? I even have video of her in other stores stealing... Many other stores. How does that make us honest dues paying members feel? She paid $3 bucks for her milk which is too big for her purse and walked out. The only person who seemed to care was the older lady checking receipts at the door... By then it was too late. Now know that this is a routine... She does this often and on a schedule... And they still didn't care.:(

Sam's Club advertised their TV at $748.00 and was supposed to be delivered. TV was never delivered. Money was charged against my credit card. Called Sam's Club several times. Each time the sale was confirmed. The product was in inventory but never shipped. Four times I was disconnected and no one called me back. Emails to me stated sale took place and shipping was pending. I called their vendor and found out they had over 100 of these TVs in stock. Finally after several days and hours on the phone I was told that Sam's Club would not ship me this TV because there was an error in pricing as advertised on their website. They totally refused to honor their commitment. I am a senior citizen and this negative experience should be a warning of the pitfalls of using the internet with Sam's Club.

Took my car to have the tire repaired, they plugged it. Then when I took it to have my tires rotated at my own car dealership, they noticed one of the tire sensors was missing. I called yesterday and today they broke it off. Had a third party company call me to tell me they are not taking responsibility for it. I sat there 2 hours for a tire repair, please don't USE SAM'S!!!

I couldn't complete my order online on any platform. Their website doesn't work. They have fake items online to lure you in then you buy a membership and you can't even buy anything online. Then you call customer service for two hours just to cancel your membership. SCAMS CLUB is what they should call themselves. Costco is superior in every way.

I have been with Sam's for years, but lately I get most of my stuff at BJ's except the Hoffman Snappy Grillers. So I go in with my sister who shares the card to get are snappy grillers for the 4th and lo and behold there are none, barely any Hoffman Franks and no Snappy Grillers when this store usually has a whole cooler filled. So I thought no problem they sold out I will go ask when they come in so we can come back. While I spoke to a membership service supervisor who checked with someone and said they are out and not sure when they will be in check Tuesday or Wednesday when the truck comes in.

Wednesday still no Snappy Grillers, the person who answered the phone had no idea when they would be coming in, so I contacted a corporate number and they contacted the store and then I'm told they are discontinued. While I guess I will discontinue my membership to this awful place since I could not get a straight answer from anyone! I have since contacted corporate and the CEO and other corporate executives about this and have yet to receive a response from Sam's Club! I will no longer renew.

My mother purchased a bedroom set online from Sam's Club for my new house. The bed was delivered damaged and I was told to call Sam's customer service to find when the replacement parts would be shipped. I called a total of 5 times and they would not provide me with any information other than they have no idea where the part is. I was also hung up on multiple times. I was also told that they would send an email when they heard back from the manufacturer, but never received an email. It’s been two weeks with no response and not sleeping on a bed. 9 months pregnant. Customer service is terrible!

Don't take your car here unless you don't care how you get it back. I took my car in to have tires rotated and balanced. When I got my car back my brand new wheels were scratched up terribly. Also the tires were not balanced any better when I got it back than when I took it to them. Terribly disgusted. :(

Rude employees. Inadequate staffing. Took over an hour to install a new battery. Long wait (45 min.) to try to place tire order, then told that the website was down.

We were told it would take several days for the tires to come in, but ironically received an email the same day (Sunday) that they were in. Question if they were in stock all along. Can only service one car at a time and no appointments taken. Very inconvenient to be trapped at this store for over 2 hrs. because another customer walked in a minute before us. It's certainly not worth the hours drive each way to shop here. I will never purchase tires or batteries here again.

Reference Order Number: **, 6 Tires to Panama City Fl. Upon arrival to pick up tires to be mounted at a truck service, the representative told me that "walk-out" tires are not warranted. I explained that I had a small RV and planned on taking the tires to a service who would mount & balance. She again stated the "no warrant" for take-tires.

I then agreed to have Sam's install & balance the tires. The representative they don't mount RV tires. I would have to physically remove tires myself from the RV and they would then take the rims and mount tires, then I would have to install the new tires on the RV. She said it was their policy not to even "touch" an RV although no mention of this was made when I ordered the tires 10 days ago and have been waiting patiently for them to begin our summer trip. I can't find any such prohibition on their website and this entire situation reminds me of a typical "bait & switch" scam. The trouble Sam's went through to send me 6 matched date Michelin LTX M/S LT215/85R16E 115R tires was for want!

I ordered a vacuum cleaner online to be sent to the store on Abilene St. in Aurora Colorado. I received a confirmation that it had been delivered a day early. I had a contact phone number listed to call me. I never received a call from the store the day it was delivered. I went in the next day to pick up the order and it was a huge mess at the store. I was told to go to the Tobacco County for pick up. The person working at the county looked like someone right off the street. She had a huge hole in her pants and was totally clueless. She called the manager over with her six inches nails and spandex pants who was equally as clueless. 1/2 hour later, they called another employee who had enough sense to search different areas and finally found it. I will not shop at this storemail anymore with these incompetent people running it.

Worst service. I placed an order for a laptop, you can see how long it will take for delivery, that is within the US, Yakima, WA. May 29 Ordered. June 4 Shipped. June 15 estimated delivery. I did email their customer service, twice, and made a phone call to get it shipped, I wonder how long it might have taken if I did not, still June 15 is estimated delivery.

Ordered a trampoline for a Christmas present for our kids in December. We go to set up in March after the snow thaw and notice we have box 1 of 2 and box 1 of 2 so we call Sam's customer service. We are told they cannot send just box 2 of 2 and return one of the boxes have to do a return then refund then we would re-order and they would price match the original order and free shipping like original order. Fed Ex came to our house 4 times attempting to pick up the item each time they did not have a return address or label. When we called Sam's each time after the attempt we are told they arranged pick up with FedEx and they have address and they rescheduled pickup.

Finally got it picked up call for my refund. Told it will take 3-5 days never received it. Told we would get a call from a manual refund department. Never got a call. 3 weeks later still no refund. I called at least 15 times and spoke to multiple supervisors, received emails, no results. I tried to do a chargeback with Visa and was told it was more than 90 days can't do it. I gave up on waiting for refund and just re-ordered product.

Ordered trampoline again online and called to get the price match and free shipping was told they don't see in the notes. I gave them reference numbers and offered copies of emails was hung up on twice waiting to talk to supervisor. Went to store to talk to manager about the issue and see if they knew someone at corporate to talk to about this and get something done, they listened and were nice but nothing was done and was not called back. We got new order today and it was box 2 of 2 and box 2 of 2 refused shipment. I called got a replacement for this and is supposed to be on its way.

I know some people will read this and ask why did I even reorder from them? Because I have not received my original refund and cannot dispute the charge because it was too long ago. I ordered a new one so we could get the product we originally paid for and then I will do a dispute chargeback on the new order. That is my reason I am more than willing to pay for product I ordered at the original price as it stands right now. I have paid for 2 trampolines now and have none.

I cannot believe they don't have some department/supervisor that will just take ownership of these issues that they have obviously screwed up on. Sam's should be taking the initiative and calling me to make sure everything is being done that they have promised. I should not have to call in give a reference number have a rep look through all the notes to understand what is going on. Get a supervisor. It takes forever and I have called in multiple times. Ridiculously POOR customer service follow up. I have order #'s emails etc... I am not going to leave on here because I am a new user and leery of leaving too much information.

I called customer service. Was put on hold for more than half an hour, and then once I was able to get a hold of a customer service representative and was able to ask her my question, she puts me on hold again for another fifteen minutes and then hangs up on me. Rude and a waste of my time.

For the last couple of months I have been trying to resolve an issue with my Sam's Club Android pharmacy refill app. While over the years most of my experience with Sam's Club, their products and apps have been quite favorable. I have one annoying problem. I choose to refill my prescriptions using their pharmacy refill app (Android) by scanning the UPC code on my prescription. Unfortunately it never works for any of my prescriptions. I can refill with their app if I manually enter the prescription number but I prefer to scan it as I have before with other pharmacies. Over the past couple of months I've talked, called and emailed trying, if not to get it fixed, at least some confirmation that the problem exists.

My answers have been from "I didn't know that prescription refills could be scanned" (local pharmacy personnel), "Is it possible that you need a photo id for your prescription?", to just no response at all. I believe I have given them a simple, complete explanation (multiple times) of the problem I am experiencing. All I ask for is a response that they have looked at the issue and agree that there is or is not an issue, and if there is that they hope to have it resolved with their next software update. As I tried to politely explain, I have 20 years experience in retail pharmacy programming (retired now) and partially diagnosed the issue I am having. I want no compensation of any kind. I just would like to scan my refills since that option is given to me. My results 'nada'.

Purchased these tires 2016 and had more problems than I've EVER had with tires. Less than 25k miles and a blowout the side of the rear tire. Air pressure a constant problem. Not to mention they were over inflating the tires. And I had my pressure light keep coming on only to see Sam's had put the hub cap on the tire stem trapping it! I've been back in this store too many times for these tires. They ride horrible. I fear another blowout. My first AND LAST SET I WILL EVER BUY. They need a recall!

I ordered flowers for my wedding from Sam's Club. The day before the wedding only 2 of the 3 boxes of flowers arrived. I really tried not to panic and remain calm. Even after spending almost 2 hours on the phone sitting on hold trying to find some answers. They finally found my 3rd box in Nashville (I live in Pittsburgh) and I asked what I could do. The woman I spoke to said they could try to get the box to me by the next day (day of the wedding) but could not guarantee it. The box contained all of our corsages and boutonnieres.

I explained to the woman at customer service that I could not wait until the day of the wedding to know whether or not I needed to make 8 of each. She said she understood and that I would not be charged for that one box. I did tell her the other boxes of flowers were beautiful and I was fine with that. Some of my family, friends and I ran to the store (again the day before the wedding) and bought flowers, clips, pins, floral tape etc and make everything we needed.

The day of the wedding the box did arrive shortly before we left for church. The flowers were all brown. I understand that probably happened due to the extra shipping time but was SO relieved that we made what we needed the day before. I came home from my honeymoon and saw my credit card bill and that I WAS charged for all 3 boxes. The box in question was $120.00. I called Sam's Club and explained what happened. They told me I had to email my complaint. I sent a detailed email explaining everything and the response I got was "We need a picture of the flowers". I said why would I take pictures of dead flowers that I was told I wasn't being charged for anyways? I did have a few things going on that day and the last thing I was thinking of was the flowers.

I received another email back saying that they never offer refunds without a picture, but they'd be happy to reimburse me for the supplies I had to buy to make my own if I have a receipt. Again, I explained to this person that I did not have pictures, nor did I save the receipt when I didn't think I was being charged for the missing box.

I received another email that basically said they do not offer refunds without pictures and I stated (yet again) that I shouldn't be asking for a refund. I should have never been charged in the first place! I received the same email (obviously tank responses from Customer Service) and I informed them that I would be contacting my attorney. What could have been an easily remedied situation was made out like I did something wrong! If the flowers had been delivered when they should have been or if I wasn't charged for the missing box, I would have been completely fine. Even with having to sit for hours on the phone then running around town for supplies to make my own. It was awful how I was treated and I know that I will never step foot in a Sam's Club again.

PURCHASED A TV. Didn't notice it was only HD and wanted to purchase a smart one so I take it back. Here comes electronic rep and checks everything is fine but forgot the instructions so he hand it back to but hits a monitor when handing it back. I didn't look at it that day when I go back with the instructions, of course, they have to check it again. THE REP BROKE IT WHEN HE Handed it back to me and now they won't my money back even after they saw the surveillance. The supervisor was joke. Erick no good. He was a sorry human being. Such a bad experience. I'm going back to Costco where I never had a problem and they valued their members.

Nowhere during the ordering of the furniture was it stated that the delivery would only be to a "garage" and that you could not open the boxes unless you agreed to ownership. We were under the impression that the boxes would be opened for inspection, that the delivery charges would include bringing the furniture inside the house. The drivers said NO, that they were only responsible for dropping off the boxed furniture. That is pure stupidity to expect someone to accept a delivery and not be able to inspect the furniture before the drivers left. We did not sign for the furniture, and the order went back. Sam's just lost business on this deal... either your policy needs to change or the delivery people need to be changed... that is Sam's problem now.

I typically buy my K-cup coffee pods at Sam's Club - There are only 2 brands that I buy - 8 o'clock, and Folgers, both of which are sold for a good price. Since I was running low and there was no stock in my local clubs I decided to place an online order, thinking that this will be a good test to see if online ordering is any better than physically going to the store full of inept employees. I placed the order on May 30, 2017. My order confirmation indicates that I should receive it between June 2 and June 6th.

As of today (June 6th) my order has not been shipped. I contacted Sam's customer service on June 2nd to find out when my order will ship. All the woman on the other end of the phone could do is read to me what I was seeing online. When I asked WHEN my order will ship, she had no idea. So today is the last straw. If, by the time I receive my daily mail from the post office, my order has not shipped, I will not only cancel the order, but I will also close my charge account and cancel my membership.

I stopped shopping at Walmart because of a) Disorganized/messy stores, b) Rude employees, c) Rude customers, and inept management. I've been a Sam's Club customer for 17 years and over the past 5, the employees are turning out to be just as rude/crude as Walmart employees! Additionally, the other customers in the store are about as ignorant as an immigrant on his first day in America. They walk right in front of you & cut you off as you walk down an aisle - And I mean RIGHT in front of you. They never say, "Excuse me"' or apologize - And yes, the employees do the same thing! After this online ordering experience, I will never step foot in a Sam's Club again and I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I ordered Patio Furniture online for a special event this weekend, June 3rd. I placed the order on May 16th, which was in stock. The order showed processed and shipped that day with a delivery date of 5-30 to 6-2. I thought, ok, kind of a long time but it's under the wire. A half month later and no merchandise. I was tracking the shipment which went from Virginia to New Jersey to a local delivery company in Ohio for shipment to Pittsburgh. (This is patio furniture, not flat Stanley.) Luckily... I happened noticed on the website to call to schedule a delivery if no phone call was received in 24 hours. No notification, no email... nothing. Just a new message in the tracking website. What a poor process.

Needless to say, I had to call. I was then told that the delivery schedule was full and the soonest I could get my delivery was June 7th or 8th. The furniture was for a surprise party for my wife's birthday... June 3rd! Guess who is not getting a gift and will be host to a party on an empty deck. I guess we could turn it into a dance party and dance on the deck... LAME. I called to try and reason with the delivery company who told me it wasn't their concern and to contact Sam's club. I even offered to drive the 2 hours to pick it up from the warehouse myself... nope! Sorry that's not how the process works. The individual was extremely rude with zero customer service skills.

My next call was to Sam's help line. I was told that once the merchandise leaves their warehouse they have no control over the delivery. Wait... WHAT?? This is YOUR process. This is YOUR vendor. YOU hired them to fulfill deliveries and you take no ownership. Wow!! That's pretty convenient. After repeated calls to the help center, with no feedback or return calls, my last attempt was to get a supervisor. I thought we had an agreement worked out, however 24 hours later, crickets... again.

This is the absolute worst customer service experience I have encountered. I will think long and hard about ordering from SAM's club online. Why should I. I can get better customer service, faster delivery and oh yes, FREE DELIVERY from Wayfair.com. I paid close to 300.00 for shipping, and poor shipping at that. If I could give minus points for satisfaction I would. One star is way too generous. Let me just state once again... worst customer service experience ever. EXTREMELY unhappy with SAM's club online and their poor delivery process and attention to customer retention. Many thanks Sam's Club for ruining a special surprise.

I recently relocated to Orlando from the Caribbean. After hearing so many good things about Sam's Club, I decided to get a membership with them. Unfortunately, the customer service was far from what I expected. Upon check out, the cashier came across a an item that did not had a price on it. Apparently, the item had to be weighed. The price per lbs was $2.68. For whatever reason, the item could not be weighed at check out. She called a supervisor for advice. Unfortunately, the supervisor was in the same position as the cashier.

While I waited in line, the supervisor came to me and said she will sell me the meat for $20. I looked at her as if she was out in space. Clearly, the meat was not worth that amount, which I told her. She then said, okay, how about I sell it to you for $15. I felt insulted once again. I told her Walmart sells the ham for less than that. I gave them back the meat and left. I wanted to get everything at one spot, as a result of their incompetence, I had to waste my time to go into a different supermarket and wait in another line. After this experience, I am thinking really hard if I should shop/recommend Sam's Club to any friends or family.

Received the wrong medication for my wife's heart condition. I would understand if the prescription was handwritten, but this was sent electronically. Wrong medication at incorrect dose. I looked up what it was and it was for lowering blood pressure so I gave it to her as I did not have the script from her Doctor. Later had to call 911 and get her to the hospital, firefighters actually said they were scared because her BP was through the roof and could see her chest pumping. At the hospital they diagnosed the condition, with several procedures, even restarting her heart to try to get to a normal rhythm and BP. Finally found the meds were exactly opposite of what she needed that Sam's Pharmacy had given us. Thankfully she has now made a full recovery but we are stuck with the bill. Good thing she is still in her 20s so she didn't have a stroke with her BP off the chart. Thanks Sam's for almost killing my wife.

Terrible Ordering Process. I ordered this item and upon receiving shipping confirmation, we threw out our original mattress and box springs. When the product was delivered only one piece of it was dropped off at our residence, when contacting Sam's Club about the other two pieces we are advised that we would have the replacement within 5 days. We still have not yet received the replacement for this product and Sam's Club advised us that this was on back order and they could not issue a refund to my credit card because the vendor Zinus, had to release the funds for my purchase on Sam's Club.

It has now been close to two weeks. Still no bed. I have contacted Sam's Club multiple times and when reaching out to Zinus they do not answer the phone and the customer service is to leave a voicemail. Sam's Club advice that they cannot cancel my order and Zinus, the manufacturer of the product stated that they had sent it sent it to FedEx and FedEx advise me they have never received it. Sam's Club will not intervene and the 1800 customer service number is worthless. I have called close to eight times and I get a different story each time I have called. I will be going to Costco and canceling my Sam's Club membership. Also I would never order a Zinus mattress again.

I was told on multiple occasions by phone and in person that a particular prescription would be $60 before my Sam's plus membership discount. I have them fill it and it's $305 for 12 pills which is what my prescription called for. They acted like they didn't know where I got the $60 amount from until I went to the store to complain and a young girl working told me that was an old price not updated. They told me it costs them $300 for 25 pills and they are charging me $305. They mess up and they need to fix it.

I ordered 2 large cans of Folgers coffee online. I never thought of looking at the date on the cans. The coffee had the most horrible taste. I smelled my half & half. I was good. My bun is only 3 months old. So I washed my coffee pot out good. Same thing. Then I noticed Sam's club stickers on the lids. It was a long code, & right under it said expired 10 of 16. I paid over $5 for shipping alone. 4 days later I still don't have the replacement. By the way I am a member. I just checked online today & they charged me again. WATCH YOUR EXPIRE DATE. I can't believe people ignore the dates. Where is the managers? I will not renew my membership next month.

Sam's Club Company Profile