3.3/5 (224 ratings)

About Sam's Club

Sam's Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: June 21, 2022

I only used the membership one time and I don’t need 20 boxes of Mac and cheese so I didn’t go back. A year later they took $100 out of my checking account with no warning. I had canceled my account the day before but they took my money out anyway. And the rude customer service agent hung up on me when I asked why it was going to take 15 days to get a refund even though it didn’t take 15 days to steal it from me.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Sam's Club is dirty to customers. I paid my credit card on time and usually 30 dollars over the minimum payment. What did they do? The company lower my credit limit without any warning. Why? I have no clue. They didn't care by lowering my credit limit, that I would max out my card. I went from $1,200 to $430. I have never had any company do this to me. I owe a total of $289. Once that is paid, I'm closing the account and turning in my membership card. These days where gas is so high, I used my card for gas mainly. What a dirty way to treat a customer that paid every month 20 days before time.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Sam's Club sells the liberty hearing aids, I purchased a top of the line with bluetooth capability less than a year ago. They asked what phone I had, android at the time, then asked what version of OS software. My version was not at the required version. I was told I would not be able to use the app until I upgraded. Well I recently upgraded my cell to iPhone 13. But could not connect to my hearing aids. So I went to Sam's club to fix the issue and was told I bought the hearing aid for android it will not work with iPhone. This is my WARNING you can never switch phone types after purchase. I am a software architect by trade and nobody ties OS specific technology in the hardware, they put that in the apps so you can switch. I paid just under 5K for these hearing aids and will not be able to use the advanced features.

Original review: May 4, 2022

This sales guy did a great time. I came in April 19, 2022 and he spent a long time to prepare my hearing aids and be sure they worked well. I left same day and I could hear. I would recommend him to anyone.

Original review: April 18, 2022

They advertise their hearing aids all the time on TV for incredibly low prices, but in the store, you are sold hearing aids at $2,000 each ear. That is fine. I would pay that to hear, but they told me they were rechargeable, but that took an extra 4 months to get. The rechargeable batteries don't even get me through the day (the replaceable batteries got me about 4-5 days). They go in and out with my phone controller. The brand they sell is "Lucid" and I would not recommend these hearing aids at all. I have had nothing but trouble and I need to hear clearly for work. The rep at Sam's has been wonderful but they split his time between two stores and when he isn't there no one else can help you.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Went online to check out products at Sam's club. Created an account to save what I liked online, If it was possible, since most sites allow you to do that. Wasn't a member but my family member was and I was going to the store with them. After done looking went on with my day until I got an email saying I got a temporary 24 hrs card. I was like, "That's really nice." I'll go check things out without my family member so I didn't have to wait for them to go shop. Get there and I only bought 1 thing (a new tv) and I saw the price online and above the product on the display, so I didn't even think anything of the price.

I get home and check the receipt and was charged a 10% fee of $49.60 dollars. I called and they said cause it was a temporary card I got got charged 10%. I checked the email. Nothing stated anything about the 10% upcharge and the girl at the register didn't say anything either. Now they are saying I can return the tv but not the the 10% charge refunded. Livid due to the employee or the email not stating this charge. And they won't refund. I could of waited until my family member was off work. I only went cause I was like, "Wow that's cool I got a temporary card." That was nice to check it out!

Talked to manager and she was like, "You should of know it's stated" and I looked at the email nothing is stated and the employee never said anything of any upcharge at the register. The manager had me call the online store, "cause they can help me this this issue" then the online store told me to call the actual store". They have me going back and forth with no answers like it's a game. Poor customer service! I checked the email and the site multiple times and nothing is stated about this 10% upcharge. This place is a sneaky scam that has nothing stated for their reasoning to upcharge me legally.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Why should I be paying for service I can get anywhere else, it's not like they're doing anything extraordinary for their members, take today for example I ordered a cake and because of the weather and bakery team call out but no manager had no idea to call customers and apologize for their cake not being made, so why should I pay for messed up services you can get free everywhere else?

Original review: March 7, 2022

Not sure about Sam's Club? I joined Sam's Club through a Groupon offer. It was supposed to be a free pie and a e gift card for $25 after using scan and go.

Months have gone by. I have repeatedly received emails saying my situation should be resolved. I have spoken to several team members in person and by emails. Supervisors and managers act clueless and treats the situation like it is solved. This is misleading and false advertising. I just expected what they promised. It's been a ridiculous joke.

Original review: March 7, 2022

Sam's Club is a Thiven rotten place to do business with, I just got an email mail that said, "Good news. We just auto-renewed your membership. No worries we had your card on file so you are all set." What gives them the right to charge my card. And how they have my card on file is another issue I am really mad about. I would never ever give any company a card to keep on file, so if you a Sam's Club member beware of Sam's thiven tactics. I am now a Cisco member. And apparently a Sam's member we at least till tomorrow.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I joined this club to be able to benefit from discounts. I discovered that the clubs do not often have varieties of items which means visiting a club still ends up visiting another store for the rest of my items. I decided to still hang on at least for gas discounts but then I discovered while driving around that some though few non-club gas stations offer either same or even lower fuel prices making me to wonder more if I really need the membership. An example of a fuel station which I previously mentioned to a club member is K-Circle at Tower Rd Aurora where I get gas without membership but lower than Sam's.

The worst thing that triggered this review is that I purchased a smart tv from a club on Nov 24th 2020 then by the end of 2021, the tv has started displaying lines all over the screen. I contacted the club who told me that because I did not purchase coverage, they have nothing to do with the tv. My understanding is that they are buying low priced Chinese electronics then shying away from responsibilities thereby making huge profits.

This is not even the end - I pumped gas at one of the clubs in Aurora, so then I discovered the next day that my credit card was used in that store for purchase then I returned there to file a complaint hoping that they can assist or at least investigate but they simply drove me telling me that this is an issue between me and my bank- something they could either check the footage or so. Because of the experiences with the clubs, I ended my membership - it is not worth it.

Sam's Club Company Information