2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5
Based on 1,595 ratings submitted in the last year

Sam's Club Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Me and my spouse have purchased clothing from this store a number of times throughout the year, and are emphatically pleased with each item we buy. Each time we buy clothes from Sam's Club, the quality and durability is quite exceptional. Most of the time we are looking for clothes for our children, with an occasional splurge on ourselves. The clothes have the same quality as big box retail stores, there are name brand items, as well as not so well known vendors. However, the craftsmanship, attention to detail, and lasting comfort have well indeed sold us on buying from this member's only store.

The colors are wide ranging, the designed clothing is current with styles folks are wearing, and they withstand washing without color fading, shrinkage, or fraying. Which is more than I can say about some of the popular name brands consistently advertised on television. Not all of the items I can say for certain, are made in the USA, since I didn't look through each and every rack, but for the most part, a lot of the clothing that I seen was developed, and manufactured right here in our own backyard factories of America. I do continue to buy from other places too, but for the assessment of my recent purchase, it came from one of my favored places to shop for quality clothing, at a reasonable price.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I like Sam's Club overall. I like the clubs, the people who work there, the selection, the prices, and the quality of Sam's Club's private-label brands. In fact, I do most of my shopping there (usually at the Kingston, New York club). The quality of their store-brand items is one of the reasons I shop there. Their Members Mark denim jeans, for example, are the best jeans I've ever worn and are quite inexpensive. Their coffee, olive oil, and in fact every private-label item I've bought have also been excellent.

If I were reviewing only the in-club experience, in fact, I would give Sam's Club five stars. But alas, their online experience is lacking. They've never failed to fulfill an order, but it's a coin toss whether the orders will arrive on-time. In summary, overall, I like Sam's Club best of the three big-name wholesale clubs. But they do need improvement in their online operations. I'm sure they'll get there; but as it stands now, I'd be hesitant to recommend that you buy a Sam's Club membership unless you plan to use it primarily in-club.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The grates are what made me take a second look. Those and the $200 price. Five burners independently operational with huge handles. The zigzag grill design prevents thin food from falling through and gives burgers and veggies a nice look. Heat is even and the entire grill is rugged. Nothing flimsy about it. The temperature gauge is an added bonus. I just didn't give it an excellent "5" rating because it doesn't have a large enough upper grill. We're hooked up to in ground propane (no tank) and that's nice. Rolls easily on large wheels but it stick still when set on brake.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Just when I thought "Customer Service" had become a catchphrase in the service industry. I found out how wrong I was to be so cynical. My problem began online. I was trying to send some diapers to a single mom in Florida. I live in Indiana. I navigated Sam's Club website and found the product I was looking for. While checking out I could not complete the process because our Zip code didn't match (my credit card) that of the receiver.

Frustrated I drove to the local store in Carmel Indiana for help. I went to customer service and asked if they could ship the diapers for me. An older lady explained they could not do that there. I explained my dilemma and why I needed the help. Up popped Krys, an attractive young lady with a big smile. She explained that she was "Customer Service" and would try and help me. Help she did. Turning her computer screen for me to sign into my account, she helped me get the job done. Always with a big smile and pleasant demeanor. Never once made me feel as I was interrupting her day. Whomever hired this young superstar should "Rear back and Strut". You made a great hire for this unit and Sam's as a corporation. I commend you and Krys. Well done Krys.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I usually go to Sam's with a specific list of items I need that are in bulk like paper products, food for a crowd, or some of the items that run less than what I find in other retail stores. There are a few employees that are around to help out if I can't find something. The cheese, meat, and produce departments are usually a good deal, especially when feeding a large group or cooking things to freeze.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I am a Sam's Plus member and I thought this would allow free shipping on my purchase. They charged me shipping fees on what I ordered and would not allow a phone number to cancel my order. Also they are slow on delivery. They wouldn't allow me to leave a review either, Imagine that? Save your money for another company or one that doesn't charge fees.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

If you join with a promotional offer, BEWARE. I was supposed to get a $20 gift card with my membership, but because a local club didn't key in the activation code, I've never received it. I've always loved Sam's products and pricing, so I really wanted them to make it right. I've been trying for 5 months to get Sam's corporate to send the card. In October, I was told I would get the card in 2 weeks. In early November I was told it was coming. Three weeks later I was told I would receive the card in 2-4 days. As of Jan. 9, they refused to send it altogether. That's bad enough, but they never made contact me; it was I who had to call each time. Costco, here I come.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I am a plus member, one of my benefits is 20% off eye glasses. My local and only Sam's Club in Connecticut does not have an optical department. So I called Sam's club customer service, please see the attachment of my call log showing the number I called and that I was on the phone for one hour and forty eight minutes.

My reason for calling was to see how I can take advantage of this benefit that comes with the $100 membership fee. I was hoping that it would of been a quick and easy fix. For example maybe given the option to go to my local Walmart and given the 20 % discount there. Instead I was told to go to Medford, NY. This is their next closest Sam's Club that has optical, I told their customer service representative that would be a three hour drive one way. He then put me on hold, he came back after 15 minutes that was my only option. I asked to speak to a supervisor, without exaggeration it took over an hour for someone to get back on the phone with me. The phone call started in my home, I was able to dress and load my children into my car, drive 20 minutes to Walmart, do some Christmas shopping, load my children back in the car and as soon as I got in the car a person came back on the line.

I explained everything again to the second person and mentioned that I was on hold for over an hour and just looking to receive the benefits I pay for. After he put me on hold again, he came back to tell me the same thing. Except this time he offered to downgrade my membership since I wasn't happy that I can't receive all my benefits.

I kept it for now, but if this is how Sam's Club treats their plus members who are just looking to receive the benefits that they were sold on I will definitely return my membership the day before it renews since it's 100% guaranteed. I hope to hear from someone who can explain to me why I have to make a six hour drive to get a 20% benefit discount. The two other clubs that were in Connecticut had optical, but they were closed. Can I suggest that If you're going to sell plus membership and sell people on optical and tires service benefits for plus members, that the only club in that state actually has those departments.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I ordered a Serta mattress from Sam’s Club online. I later needed to change the address that I originally put in for delivery, weeks before the planned delivery date. I tried numerous times to get this done. The delivery company, XPO Logistics, would not allow me to do that (the address I wanted to have it delivered to was actually closer to their warehouse than the original address by 30 minutes). I spoke several times to several representatives at Sam’s Club, and each time XPO Logistics later called, they still had not had the address changed. This was over several weeks! I never took delivery of the mattress. Totally unacceptable. Sam’s will lose my membership, as well as the sale of this mattress due to their inability to make a simple correction.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I ordered a play kitchen on November 30, 2019 and was told it would be delivered on December 16 even though I could not get tracking information from FedEx. Of course it was not delivered, and pushed out to the following day, but when I chatted with a representative, she said it was out of stock. I don't understand why I got conflicting information, FedEx is a joke but I expected better from Sams. Now it is December 17, and I have no idea if I am going to receive this for a Christmas gift. Really disappointed.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Sam's Club Company Information