2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

4.0/5 (1741 ratings)

About Sam's Club

Sam's Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I go shopping at Sam's almost every week for grocery. They don't have as much as a regular supermarket in variety but for what they do have the prices are terrific. Ever since I've been introduced to Sam's my food cost have gone down so much in meat, chicken, laundry detergent, fruit and produce. I mean whoever heard of getting smoked Salmon for about 12.50 a lbs and it's delicious. At Sam's I get a 3 lbs Rotisserie chicken for $4.95 and it's 10X better than PUBLIX who charges close to $8.00 for a small dried up chicken. Bj's has more variety in certain things like tv dinners Hebrew National Salami and they have a Deli Department but for most things I get in Sam's because Bj's is a lot more expensive.

As Far as gas one week Sam's is cheaper. The next week Bj's is cheaper. Lately though I have found if you have Bj's Mastercard you do get an additional .10 off which at times beats Sam's price, but if you don't use Bjs CC then most of the time you are better off getting Gas At Sam's. I am a plus member. I hardly get stuff shipped unless it's out of stock in the stores or if there is a super deal. I've heard complaints about Sam's shipping. I'm not a great Fan of their shipping dept because of the 3 to 7 day ship time and I am a plus member. Would I like better shipping? Yes but the prices right now is a more important priority. If I really need fast shipping I use Amazon Prime but then again at times ever since Covid they have slowed down and their prices have gone up. Sometimes I might get lucky with eBay with price and overnight shipping but that's rare.

If Sam's would improve I'd like them to package their pre made foods tighter twice. My taco chicken meal dropped and spilled all over. A few times their Rotisserie chicken the juice dripped out of the pan while putting it in the box. But for now I have to treat certain products with kid gloves. If they got more variety and a deli department and were cheaper than Bj's I'd be in tenth heaven because right now every week I shop 3 places and it would be great to be reduced to one. Of course I'd love to see Sam's improve their shipping timeframe.

Getting in touch with Sam's on the phone is terrible but so is calling any other company. Some stuff the CS reps can handle in the store but not everything. I don't expect Sam's or any other company to improve hold time. They need their money for their shareholders plus in 2021 it seems to be that the trend is if you call a company you are going to wait 30 to 45 min. But how many times do I need to contact Sam's? I just call this complaint a minor nuisance. Improvement I've seen already this new scan the food on the phone and checkout and skipping a register is a godsend.

Overall I really like Sam's. I live in the Daytona area. I do miss them being around the corner from me So now I drive 10 miles like anyplace. They are not perfect no store is but overall their discounts are nice. I mean $16.00 for 3lbs of jumbo shrimp. Woo woo. Bj's gets $24.00 but Bj's carries Lean Cruzen Hebrew National Salami, Knishes, Gifilter fish and has a deli dept and Walmart HAS EVEN more variety and SOME stuff cheaper than both, LIKE Frozen fruit and 15 cal ice pops and turkey pastrami. Then we have Publix Grossly overprice but they have the best roast beef and the only one that carries Turkey Balona. As you see all stores have a purpose but sam's is my goto for most of my major shopping. I love Sam's.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Rynda at the Sam's Club in Sharpsburg, GA is very helpful to me any time that I go into the store with an issue with either one of my hearing aids. She's very thorough and gets me taken care of quickly.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I started using Sam's Club pharmacy around 9 years ago because with no insurance they had the lowest costs. They also send reminders when it is time to refill prescriptions.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Great timely service with a smile and many helpful hints. We get calls when we are due to refill our order. They always go over the item and explain in simple English what we can expect. Also, the price is great.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

1- I have ordered a Casper essentials mattress from Sam's Club online on Aug 16th 2021. 2- It is supposed to arrive on Aug 23rd. 3- Till now Aug 30th the item have not arrived, actually it have not been shipped yet. 4- I spoke to countless customer service representatives and 3 different supervisors, also I drove to the Sam's club near me and they spent an hour on the line with no results. 5- Every time I speak to customer service representatives or supervisors, they act like I have never called before and they ignore the history of the case. 6- The customer support is outsourced to the Philippines, half the time I could not understand what the customer representative is saying. 7- No one in 5 days have been able to contact the vendor "Casper" which is ridiculous, so basically no one knows when the item will be shipped if ever. This is by far my worst shopping experience I have had online or otherwise, I hope somebody is reading these reviews.

Original review: June 9, 2021

This isn’t about a product, but the service I received from Sam’s (which I have been a member for 30 years). I purchased patio furniture on May 10 and the website showed that a delivery company would get in touch with me within a week. I finally called someone on May 19th to find out when delivery would be scheduled (originally told it would be delivered by the 26th). I was told I would be contacted some time the next week. I called back on the 26th, as I had heard NOTHING. Sam’s contracted with AIT (a horrible, unreliable delivery company) who had no interest in getting me my product. After calling Sam’s as well as AIT, I was told it would be delivered on June 5th. I waited all day at home, no call, no show, no nothing.

AIT said they tried to deliver, but were unable to find our house. I asked why they did not call us, they said they did, and we didn’t answer. All lies. When I contacted Sam’s the following morning, they seemed like they would be helpful, but they did nothing to try and remedy the situation. They told me to contact AIT which I informed them I had several times. Then Sam’s told me it would be delivered by the 6th and offered me free delivery and a 10% discount for my trouble. I thought, ok, one more chance. It never showed again. The very next morning I messaged Sam’s for over an hour trying to resolve this matter. The lady tells me she has to disconnect to call AIT and will send me an email.

So, I get the email a few minutes later and it tells me to contact AIT (which she was supposed to do). I called AIT again and their rep told me my furniture had been delivered in front of a metal building. I said, "What metal building?" She said, "In front of a metal building." I said, "I don’t have it," her response? "Not my problem, call the place you bought it." My husband intervened at this point and called Sam’s and seemed to get a delivery date the next Friday. He explained the discount I was offered and the customer service guy (I use that term loosely) basically called me and yelled at me asking me the incident number and told me there was no way I was getting that discount. I was shocked! I finally yelled back and told him to cancel my order that I no longer wanted to do business with Sam’s or AIT.

Both companies were both horrible to deal with and I received the WORST service I’ve ever had. Shame on Sam’s for using such a unreliable company for delivery (not to mention that they lied about everything and gave zero customer service) and shame on Sam’s for treating a long time customer with zero regard. I am going to cancel my Sam’s membership and join Costco.

Original review: May 27, 2021

Bought new lenses for my glasses I bought from Sam's 2017. That was in Feb 2021, this is May 27th 2021. The lenses are not right. I can not SEE out of the glasses. I had eye exam to make sure my eyes had not changed. Still after multiple trips to get the right prescription they are NOT right. So now they are going to put my OLD prescription back in my frames. I do not get a refund for all I have been through! $159 for a pair of lenses that are not right. If this is their policy don't buy glasses from them. I was told they have new lenses makers. Well there you go. I also told them after YEARS of getting my contacts and glasses I would not be coming back. The staff are great, I guess it's the Corp. policy! Sad Helen.

Original review: May 18, 2021

My membership automatically renews every January. I went to make a purchase online in February, it wouldn’t let me do it unless I paid another hundred dollars for my membership which was already paid for in January. Went to club, talk to customer service. They said it was a bank mistake. Contacted the bank, obviously they had nothing to do with membership. Told me it was a Sam’s Club customer service issue. Got in touch by phone with customer service person. Was very rude, laughed at what was happening then put me on hold and eventually the line just went dead and they never got back in touch with me. Tried to log into my account, I couldn’t. It said username and password is not in existence. I’ve been a customer since 1991. It’s a shame what’s happened to this company.

Original review: March 20, 2021

For the past 6 months out of the last couple of years my usual card, and other cards I use it will not complete my purchase. I then have to go thru the checkout line and rescan all of my items. The customer service desk has no idea how to fix it. I honestly don't know if I will keep the membership anymore if this isn't fixed. I will also save you the time of mentioning that "yes" I verified the funds were available on every card it declined.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Do not order online on Thursdays and Fridays, it's impossible to get in touch with their customer service and it takes at least 3 business days to get an update. My last order 1/2 was shipped out within the 3 business days and the other 1/2 is still in a "shipping" status. It's amazing that they are still doing "online" ordering because their competitors have the products already "delivered" in the 3 business days it takes to pack and ship theirs.

Sam's Club Company Information