3.9/5 (1265 ratings)

About Sam's Club

Sam's Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

A delivery driver totaled my parked car on site.. I have multiple emails regarding safety concerns.. Did not receive any response.. This has been a nightmare.. They don’t care.. Be mindful in their parking lot.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

Sam's Club member services are a joke. I ordered a $1000 plus. for a week now I have been lied to with promises of a refund and a gift card for me to get the item in the store for a item I ordered LAST MONTH!!!! Again I was promised call backs, updated emails and a refund. Here it is a week later and another call to 888-746-7726 to those who do not understand and continue to tell me the same script. "We will refund you", "The case is still being worked". WTF. It's been a week and you can't honor what you said a week ago, Monday, Tues, or Wed? I am so disappointed in the way I have been treated. Charmaine hung up on me and lied again. I can't believe a item ordered November has given me so much trouble. Now I am being told they can not refund my money back but issue a gift card to the store and I still have to spend more money to get what I paid for. Unbelievable to say the least. Not what I expected from the worldwide company.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

12/6/21 In the distant past I ordered a Royal Sovereign RBC 4500 money counter from Sam's Club. Twice recently I have ordered the same Royal Sovereign RBC 4500 money counter from Sam's Club & twice they have cancelled the order with the explanation that it is out of stock but, it is still advertised online as being available & even says that it will be received within about 3 days. The first time I ordered they cancelled the order the next day. The second time I ordered they took about 5 days to cancel the order. Both times they tied up the full amount of the "purchase" price, several hundreds of dollars, on my credit card.

After the first canceled order I logged into Sam's Club online & looked for the RBC 4500 money counter. I found that the item was still advertised as being available. When I clicked on the item it did NOT say that it was Not available or out of stock but gave a date about 3 days in the future when it would be received. (When I added it to the cart there was no indication that the items was not available -- same both times for when I actually ordered it.) I then called the Sam's Club chat line, explained the situation and asked the Chat rep if the money counter was available for purchase.

The Chat rep took a few minutes to review the item and then came back and said that, yes, the item is available for purchase. I ordered it for the second time on December the 1st and then on the 6th Sam's came back & e-mailed that they were cancelling the order and that the item was out of stock. I went back to the Sam's Club site, logged in and checked for that particular money counter and found that it still indicated online that it was avail and that it would be delivered within 3 days. Even when I added the item to the cart there was no indication that it was not available.

I understand that during the pandemic era/shipping issue tie ups, merchants won't have full control over their stock but they do have control over their online advertising. If the RBC 4500 money counter is not available for purchase then the online ad should say so. They should stop advertising something for sale which they do not have the ability to deliver.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Placed digital order. 1st order was never processed. Was advised from Sam's Club agent to replace order. Repurchased item. Waited 24 hours and never received. Called again and was told I had to wait 48hrs. 10 more days pass and still no order. Called to receive refund. Agent confirmed order was never received and processed a refund. The very next day, I received order I no longer needed as I had to purchase with another company. Called today to inquire about refund and was told I was not going to get a refund since I received digital order after all. All they can offer was a gift card for the amount. I did everything correct on my part and now being punished for their incompetence. Horrible horrible customer service. I will not ever recommend to purchase anything online from this company.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I called to have a $12.00 credit applied to my account for a shipment that had not been received yet, for it has gone on sale. Instead of the credit, the employee cancels my order. They say not to worry, they will have there error fixed by a supervisor and I will receive both my credit and package in the next 2 days as promised. Two days come and go and no package. I have called and spoke to several supervisors telling me that they will have there s escalated and that someone will call be back. Nobody calls, shockingly, so I call back now 7 days later. I get Lou who tells me, sorry for your luck, you have been refunded and try placing your order again. I wish there was a Costco Club close to us, for they have honorable people working for them. As for Lou and John, "the supervisors," why did you even bother giving me a case number, **, when you had no intensions of ever trying to help me?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Sam's Club supposedly offers 2021 $10 gift card bonus for military renewals. This appears to be misrepresentation after talking with Customer Service in store, Store Manager, and toll free call to Customer Service (Nicaragua) who all say yes you do get it but actually no you do not. Not a lot of money but the fruitless run around for 30+ year member is huge annoyance.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I was in the process of ordering Sam's Club merchandise online. There were 3 options for taking possession of the $500 purchase: store pickup, shipping to home, and home delivery. I was nearly at the point of submitting my card information when I noticed the option to tip the delivery driver. Granted, it was not required to tip, but if I did tip, the "recommended" amount was 15%! That means I was expected to pay a $15 delivery fee, PLUS $75 tip for delivery to my front porch of two small kitchen countertop appliances. I thought that was absolutely ridiculous.

The driver is not working in an industry like restaurant servers or hotel housekeeping where tipping is needed just to make a basic wage. The driver is being paid a full wage. A tip in this case should be for a service above and beyond the minimum. I don't think that putting a box on my porch and ringing the doorbell constitutes a service above and beyond what he is already being paid to do. I cancelled my order without completing it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

They literally gave me a bottle of 100 controlled substance pills without a child-resistant cap on it. How can this be a standard practice? I absolutely did NOT request a regular cap, I have small children. Good thing I lock my meds up but some people don't!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I applied for a store card and was approved a couple years ago. I always paid the card on time. Most of the time I paid it off or more than the minimum amount. A few weeks ago I noticed a big drop in my credit score. So I check my report and come to find out that Synchrony Bank lowered my limit a lot. When I asked why, one of the reasons was because I don't have any real estate. I didn't have any real estate when I applied and was approved for the card in the beginning. Now because of them I got to try to rebuild my score. I never want another card from this bank again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I go shopping at Sam's almost every week for grocery. They don't have as much as a regular supermarket in variety but for what they do have the prices are terrific. Ever since I've been introduced to Sam's my food cost have gone down so much in meat, chicken, laundry detergent, fruit and produce. I mean whoever heard of getting smoked Salmon for about 12.50 a lbs and it's delicious. At Sam's I get a 3 lbs Rotisserie chicken for $4.95 and it's 10X better than PUBLIX who charges close to $8.00 for a small dried up chicken. Bj's has more variety in certain things like tv dinners Hebrew National Salami and they have a Deli Department but for most things I get in Sam's because Bj's is a lot more expensive.

As Far as gas one week Sam's is cheaper. The next week Bj's is cheaper. Lately though I have found if you have Bj's Mastercard you do get an additional .10 off which at times beats Sam's price, but if you don't use Bjs CC then most of the time you are better off getting Gas At Sam's. I am a plus member. I hardly get stuff shipped unless it's out of stock in the stores or if there is a super deal. I've heard complaints about Sam's shipping. I'm not a great Fan of their shipping dept because of the 3 to 7 day ship time and I am a plus member. Would I like better shipping? Yes but the prices right now is a more important priority. If I really need fast shipping I use Amazon Prime but then again at times ever since Covid they have slowed down and their prices have gone up. Sometimes I might get lucky with eBay with price and overnight shipping but that's rare.

If Sam's would improve I'd like them to package their pre made foods tighter twice. My taco chicken meal dropped and spilled all over. A few times their Rotisserie chicken the juice dripped out of the pan while putting it in the box. But for now I have to treat certain products with kid gloves. If they got more variety and a deli department and were cheaper than Bj's I'd be in tenth heaven because right now every week I shop 3 places and it would be great to be reduced to one. Of course I'd love to see Sam's improve their shipping timeframe.

Getting in touch with Sam's on the phone is terrible but so is calling any other company. Some stuff the CS reps can handle in the store but not everything. I don't expect Sam's or any other company to improve hold time. They need their money for their shareholders plus in 2021 it seems to be that the trend is if you call a company you are going to wait 30 to 45 min. But how many times do I need to contact Sam's? I just call this complaint a minor nuisance. Improvement I've seen already this new scan the food on the phone and checkout and skipping a register is a godsend.

Overall I really like Sam's. I live in the Daytona area. I do miss them being around the corner from me So now I drive 10 miles like anyplace. They are not perfect no store is but overall their discounts are nice. I mean $16.00 for 3lbs of jumbo shrimp. Woo woo. Bj's gets $24.00 but Bj's carries Lean Cruzen Hebrew National Salami, Knishes, Gifilter fish and has a deli dept and Walmart HAS EVEN more variety and SOME stuff cheaper than both, LIKE Frozen fruit and 15 cal ice pops and turkey pastrami. Then we have Publix Grossly overprice but they have the best roast beef and the only one that carries Turkey Balona. As you see all stores have a purpose but sam's is my goto for most of my major shopping. I love Sam's.

Sam's Club Company Information