3.4/5 (4516 ratings)

About Sam's Club

Sam's Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I stopped at Sam's Club in store café and was surprised to see that they had Dropped the price of the hot dog combo from $1.50 to $1.38. The large sign above the counter said "NEW LOWER PRICE". I thought, "Wow, nothing ever goes down in price but I guess I was wrong." I then ordered two combos and was charged $1.50 for each. I know I am only talking .12 cents each, but I said "Hey your big sign above me says new lower price". The response was that no one had changed the registers and they can't give refunds. I guess they should work on the timing. Either way it's still a great deal.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Just bought my first Cyberpower pc at Sam's club and I was happily surprised. Turning it on there was no attached virus crap that I usually have to pay someone to remove. Top-of-the-line Geforce RTX 3060 graphics card on a great Asus motherboard. This computer screams! Fastest computer I have ever had with windows 11 and an i7 processor. Great buy for the money.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I've been a member of Sam's since 2000. Ever since Covid hit, these stores have gone downhill fast! In 2020 I could purchase all of my food needs in one spot for three people for about $350 for a month. Eggs were about $8. Butter was about $4-5. Turkey patties $8. A box of 40 count hamburger patties $20. A box of hot dogs, same. Tater tots $6.

Now, eggs were $21 before they went down to $17. Butter is now $8. Turkey patties $13. Hamburger patties $40. Hot dogs, same. Tater tots which they seem to keep stop selling was $8. Speaking of not selling, I would buy pastries, cakes, and the like for a sweet fix for breakfast. They took out the things that sells and left the things that barely or won't sell.

I went from spending about $100 and some change on each of us to about $250 per person. When you're on a limited income and is trying to keep people fed daily for a month, that stuff really adds up and kills my pocket book. Plus they went up on the membership. Because I can't find some of the things I usually buy in bulk I'm stuck. If there was another alternative I would most definitely go somewhere else. Since 2020 Sam's has been a huge let down.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Been here 2 hours on a walk-in .Car's been sitting in inside and nobody's worked on it. An hour later the car pulls in with an appointment to working on it. They still haven't got to mine. No sense of urgency whatsoever and has no clue when he'll get to it. There's three of them back there and no one's working on anything else. Just lazy ass people. This is Sam's club Asheville North Carolina off Patton avenue in West us.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Never order a large item from them. The 3rd party delivery company they use is horrible and will have you waste your day expecting the delivery only to have them never call (supposed to call 30 minutes ahead), and never show up. They are understaffed, and they can't handle the work they have. The driver will lie and say nobody was home, doesn't matter if you are. Plus they are supposed to call, but they don't if they are running behind and just don't want to deliver that day.

I am on my 3rd scheduled appointment for delivering my mattress and not holding my breath they will show up this time either. They lost a loyal customer permanently with this. I will go to Amazon, Lowes, or Home Depot. They show up. If Sam's and Walmart want to be big players in online retail, they need to get a website that is useable at WalMart.com and a delivery system that works at Sam's Club.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Went to my local Sam's club gas station to buy gas. Purchased $14.03 in gas with my debit card. Once I got home from other shopping I checked my bank account balance and saw a $100 pre-authorized debit charge to Sam's club. I called my bank and informed it won't be returned to my account for three days. I have two autopays pending and once those go through, my account will be overdrawn now. And my bank says they can't do anything about this. My advice is to NOT use a debit card there. And I will never purchase gas there again or have anything to do with this business.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Our order has been cancelled about 4 times. I keep contacting customer service and am told they will give me priority or they will call back in 24 hours. Nobody calls me back. This is very frustrating. I have researched and others are having the same problem and get no answers. Apparently there some shipment companies that are scamming Sam’s Club on refunds. I am just an individual and they only refund I have gotten is when they cancel my order and put the money back into my account. What good is a membership that you can’t use? They just take your money and run.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

Customer service seems not to exist at store level, or at corporate level. If you call the store, you will be put on hold for 20 to 30 minutes and no one from management will ever pick up the phone. Regardless of whether you want a local manager, or upper level management at the corporate level, comma you will never be allowed to speak to anyone of any importance. I am moving my membership to Costco's where my money seems to be appreciated as well as my membership. Kudos to Costco's. After 30 years of loyalty with Sam's club, I'M DONE!!!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I have never received worse customer service in my life. I have had an issue for 2 months, have been on the phone with 10+ representatives fully communicating my issue, being told it was fixed, and it wasn't. Communication is poor, Sam's Club will block your orders without telling you why, and you'll be left paying for a membership that you can't actually use.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I purchased a clock online from Sam's. When I discovered it was damaged, I called to get a return label, and was told by the rep that the Supervisor would not authorize my return because my membership is no longer active... Mind you the rep agreed to return my item initially. Then mentioned that my membership was expired (it expired 2 months after the purchase). Since I declined renewing my membership. They declined my refund. They put me on hold for 10 minutes to speak with the Supervisor. When I finally spoke to the Supervisor, I requested a copy of the return policy where it states that previous members cannot return items purchased before membership expiration. She could not find it. I've yet to receive the documentation.

Sam's Club Company Information