1.28/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

782 Sam's Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I used the website for the one day November sale. Never again! It took until 2AM to get 2 packs of iTunes gift cards. THEN, the order was delivered via FedEx in an unsealed envelope, with no cards. Even if you dispute the transaction, SAM's provides a printout showing the order was "delivered". I have filed a police report, spent hours providing documentation, and still don't have final resolution. Word of advice: Don't order anything online. Get it in store where you have hands on or not at all!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Sam's is using bad shipper that has lied over and over in order to cover their inability to make a delivery, I mean not a late delivery but a delivery period. Unbelievable as it sounds Sam's Club customer help could do anything to fix the situation and $2,500 TV could not be delivered in any of the three previous delivery dates and as of now no one knows when it will be delivered. Now I see why all my friends are using AMAZON and not Sam's. From now on, I will recommend the same to everybody else, and tell them to stay away from Sam's.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

My issue similar to the other review about the Vizio tv. I ordered Black Friday and it got lost. So they cancelled and reordered and they shipped thru the same company “Pilot Shipping” which I never heard of and I think they’re shady. Cause the 1st tv says it was received at their dock, but got lost somewhere. Now 2nd one said shipped. I click tracking number and it says Pilot Shipping tracking down. So I email the guy I was in contact with last week about the other and asked the status. He says they have no record of receiving. Sam’s says they have no control over shipping company. Well they’re the freakin' ones that sold it to me.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I ordered 5 Vizio 70" TVs model D70-F3 from Sam's Online. They were on sale for $650 ea original price around $850. I received an email that 2 were shipped (about 3 week after I placed the initial order). I later received another email informing me the other 3 were cancelled. I called Sam's to complain about not fulfilling the order. I also mentioned they have the Vizio 70" model E70-F3 TV listed on the website. This model has very minor feature differences retailing for $879 (about $30 more than the retail price of the original order).

Sam's told me there is nothing they can do. They won't fill the other 3 TVs with the current model E70-F3 and won't give any discount to satisfy the original order price. No wonder many Sam's and Walmarts are closing across the country with lousy customer service as this. I ask 1 last time if they can do anything to fulfill my order. After the "No" response, I said, "Well I'll purchase the remaining TVs from Costco and stop shopping at Sam's." Their response was, "Have a nice day." This company is a joke.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have used Sam's Club in Bullhead City, Arizona a couple of times. The first time I had a cracked steel rim that I thought was very weird. I have a lot of miles on the vehicle and have several sets of tires installed with no problems. So I went and bought a brand new steel rim (OEM style) and they installed the tire and balanced the tire for free. That was pretty good. Next I needed front brakes at the dealership and one of the tire's studs and nut was stripped out. It cost a lot extra to have that repaired and replaced. I will never use the tire shop in Bullhead City again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

We order Men's small isotoner slippers - four pair. They shipped all XL. We sent them back & reordered. They shipped all XL. We chatted with the online person who guaranteed that they would get it correct the third time. They shipped all XL. I am pretty certain that no one working for Sam's Club online has an IQ equal to a turnip.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I went into my local club in Houston on West Road one morning this week. I had a return. I waited in line as my husband shopped around. I was probably 6 deep in line waiting with one employee working the customer service desk. She as accompanied by another employee who you could tell did not work at the customer service desk. They talked a lot during each transaction, then it was my turn. I advised the employee I had a return but could not find my receipt.

At this time another employee came to help other associates inline. This person asked my husband who was standing by the exit door side of desk waiting for me, if he needed help. He told the employee told her he was with me and pointed and the woman who was not working at the desk said "oh the ** lady who can't seem to find her receipt and thinks us ** girls need to find it." I finished at desk and my husband told me what had been said. I asked the door greeter who the woman was and they told me her name was "Tonya" and she was the tire department manager.

I promise you I will tell all this and tell them I will never shop there again and they should not either. I tried calling the store to talk to the store manager but tried for 3 hours and no one ever answered the phone. When I was in the club I asked to speak with the store manager and they told me she was on a conference call and would not be available for about 4 hours. I do not see ** in people nor do I need to shop someplace where employees there think I or my kind owe them something. I will be posting this on all social media sites.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I caught a nail on the road and took my car for service at my nearest Sam's Club. I arrived at 1.30 pm. I told the attendant that my rear right passenger tire had a nail and that I wanted to know if it was repairable. The attendant told me that it might not be fixable, but that they needed to check it first, and that he was going to pull up the info on my warranty. I was told to leave keys and phone number, that it would take about an hour, and that they would call me back with info. I went inside Sam's and did my shopping and then waited in the dining area. After 2 hours of waiting and no call, I walked back to the tire shop to get an update. The attendant told me that I had a nail on my tire and that it couldn't be fixed. He then asked for my membership card to pull my warranty. He told me my tire purchase wasn't coming up in the system. I explained I bought my tires at a different Sam's Club location.

Attendant explained to me that they have a different system in their shop and that he had to call that other location to confirm tires are still under warranty. That it will take another 30 minutes. I wasn't too happy about it. Then he asked me in front of three other customers what was wrong with me, why was I so moody. I responded that I wasn't too happy for having to spend over 2 hours and my car was still not repaired.

He then said: "We can get it out so you can get it to the other location where you bought your tires. They will treat you better." And after he said that I told him to pull my car out. He then said: "Great then I will, take it to blah location where they can take your **." He went into the back of the shop and told the guy to get my car out that I was taking my business to blah location. He then came back and asked me to wait outside for my car. In other words I was asked to leave Sam's Club and take my business somewhere else. After 15 years with Sam's Club, I will definitely take my business to Costco.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Made a purchase for an e-card. It didn’t show up. Tried canceling the order. SC wouldn’t cancel it “because it was in process.” Asked for a refund. Denied refund, told, "It is our store policy that we do not return or refund for e cards no matter what." Have already escalated to corporate. They keep passing it off to the flunkies in Customer Service. Flunkies keep repeating over and over and over what their policy is. Avoid SC at all costs.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

11/23/2018 - Sam's Club - Tuscaloosa/Tire Department. Came in to have 1 tire put on. I had 2 more people in front of me which needed tire service as well. We got there at 3:45 p.m. The service guy told us that they close at 7:00 p.m. today and that we can't be taken care of. So I asked him, "How long will it take you for 2 customers, if they have all 4 tires replaced?" He said between 45 min. to 1 hour each. So I told him if both customers in front of me should have 4 tires put on, that leaves 1 hour and 15 min. to take care of me and to put on 1 tire. So I don't see why I had to leave Sam's Club with a nail or screw in my tire, hope to make it home and hopefully make it back to Sam's Club tomorrow. The only reason I will go back tomorrow is because I bought the tires from there and they are still under warranty. I will never purchase tires from Sam's Club ever again! The tire department/customer service is nonexistent.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Ordered 70 inch tv online. Says delivery the 14th then the 16th. Says it shipped but Pilot who is the delivery company says they haven't picked it up yet. Called customer service and corporate but no help at all. What a joke. Never again. Sam Walton must be turning in his grave that people are ruining what he built up. Minus million stars rating.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Went to purchase gas at Greensboro Sam's Club which I do with 3 different vehicles about 5-7 times a week. Teresa was the rudest person I’ve ever seen. After waiting in line put cones in front of my vehicle so gas guy could fill pump. Never said a word to me!! I had to ask her what was going on and she made me get in another line with 8 vehicles after I had already been waiting... Let everyone in front of me go but put cones behind car in front of me and told me to drive around!!! I will be following up because someone like that should not be working with the public!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I bought 2 TV from Sam’s Club with 4 years warranty plan. Now I have problems call their warranty company which is SquareTrade. They said both my warranty was canceled. I come to Sam’s Club. They said nothing they can do about it. Sam's Club said they sell the warranty but that is the third party. Since I have all the proof but they denied. I want to say this for all the customer who bought electric product and warranty to check and reconcile to buy from different departments. I can believe they are one of the biggest department store in the world and they are not stand by what they sell to their customer.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Nov 17 2018 - Stayed up till midnight for the Nov 10th one day sale. I wanted to purchase the Vizio 70" TV for a one-time price of $649.00 with free shipping. What a joke. Their IT department was ill prepared for the traffic on the website as it crashed at 12:01 AM. After trying to get on the website for an hour I called a number for Sam's Club I found on the Web. They admitted their website problems. He said he could not order the TV for me and I would have to wait for the website to come back up. I went to sleep and set an alarm for 3:00 AM.

I was able to purchase the TV at that time. I received an email saying my order would be shipped and I would receive it on Thursday Nov 15th. Another Joke. My TV has been sitting in a warehouse in Roanoke since Thursday AM and every one I have talked has nothing to offer except it will be shipped in 2-3 business days. I am still waiting for my TV. This is my first and last purchase from Sam's Club online.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Sam's advertised a one day sale beginning at 1201 on 10 Nov 2018. I was online prior to 1201, had my items chosen and in the cart and as soon as the time arrived. The site crashed. Or at least that was what Sam's Club representatives told me later. At exactly 1201, when the sale was to begin, the site went down, any items that were in the cart mysteriously disappeared and an error message that the site would refresh shortly was received.

Shortly turned out to be hours later and when the site did come back, guess what??? None of the sales items were available. There were many more similar, but much more expensive products available, but the one day only items had vanished. I complained to Sam's Club and their response was that the site had a malfunction which caused it to shut down and when it was back online the sale items were gone and any items in the shopping cart had mistakenly been emptied. Sam's also said that there was nothing they could do and were not offering any of the sale items again. All that hype for a scam! That's all it was.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I ordered a Christmas decoration for a Christmas party. It said receive date 11/16/2018 - called the day before it was suppose to be delivered to get a tracking #. They stated, "Don't worry, you will have the product but tomorrow." Called today - the day it was suppose to be here and they stated... "Oh I am sorry it didn't even ship yet." - WELL ONLINE IT SAYS WILL BE ARRIVING BY 11/16/2018 - it said that before I even purchased it and still says it on my order confirmation. Spoke to a few people on top of a manager. NO HELP whatsoever!!! This just makes me never want to order from them again and spread the word to stay away from Sam's. I spoke to a manager and they did nothing for us... For our inconvenience - Looks like Costco will now have all our business. NEVER AGAIN WILL I SHOP at SAM'S!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

So there was a huge pre-Black Friday sale on November 10th. I waited a week as they advertised on the site for a week or so a much lower price by simply waiting until the 10th. I wanted to purchase Apple wireless headphones. I got up around 5 am or so to purchase. It said it was out of stock - so annoyed especially since I would have just paid regular price on Amazon Prime (AS USUAL). Anyway none available... grrr. I tried again later in the day and still none available. Then in the afternoon of the 10th there was an availability and the site let me order the headphones. Order went through didn't seem like any issues. Site said I would receive the product on Wed.

Well I started getting concerned when there was NO status update, no shipping tracking number... nothing. Thursday came... I contacted customer support. I was assured someone would get back to me, nothing. Few hours later (very annoyed). Contacted customer support AGAIN - they said there was an issue with the fulfillment center... they assured me someone would be contact me soon. NOTHING!!! Still nothing, no email, no product, no status update. Still says I should receive my product on Wednesday...

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We shop at the Niagara falls NY Sam's Club frequently, well tonight we had an abusive cashier named Mikayla. All we did was want to check to make sure the pants were not ripped that she just rung up. She proceeded to roll her eyes and get nasty with us. I said, "Boy you are cocky." She said, "Yep and I still get paid," shaking her head egging on a fight. Her coworker looked at her as like, "What are you doing Mikayla". Nothing was done about it...

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Sam's Club had a one day sale advertised on November 10th, and there was some things I wanted to save on, so I tried logging in at a little after 11:00 PM the night before to make sure I was able to get into the website, however, I could not log in because they were experiencing heavy traffic. I kept trying to log in and I got the same message until 3:00 Am, at which time I fell asleep. I woke up at 5:00 AM, and finally was able to get into the website only to find out that the product that I was waiting to get was sold out. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper! There was a limit of 5 of the product to be sold, and in my opinion, that is way too high of a limit for this kind of a sale! Sam's Club, you need to be prepared for heavy internet Traffic for this kind of sale, and lower your limits so people have a chance to get an item they want!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Attempted to leave a negative review ie warning for other consumers looking at buying their gift cards (wow what a convoluted process of activation resulting in a complete waste of time with untrained, unhelpful, oblivious customer service representatives there to render "assistance"). They just keep rejecting the submission with only one of the rejections with a clear reason (rectified to no avail). I rarely leave reviews but their costumer service is so shameful that even if they do not allow negative reviews on their site, the public should be made aware.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought a gift that was never delivered, so I called to have it looked into, they said they could refund me and order it again or just refund me. I asked for it to be ordered again. I wanted an exchange essentially. They never reordered it. The price nearly doubled by the next week when they still hadn't received the gift again. I called and they apologized but said nothing they could do. Sale was over. The rep made a mistake. Then, I try and order a sale item online. It lets me go all the way through buying it, and every time I hit place order it took me back to my cart. This went on for 30 minutes and I called. 20 minute hold time, and they say it's now out of stock. It wasnt an hour ago!! Cancelling my membership, not worth it.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Sam's Club has been advertising a big one day sale. It started at midnight. I prepared with my order, however, the Sam's Club site was not. The site crashed immediately and was down for over an hour. Went back several hours later and many of the advertised items are sold out. I am so tired of stores advertising all these "great" deals when they are not prepared to handle the volume of customers that they are going to attract. Instead of dropping a few thousand dollars with Sam's this holiday I will take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I purchased laptop at Durham 27707 store. Tried to return well within the return policy of 90 days. But, The manager kept saying it is 14 days when the board behind (at customer service center) was showing 90 days. When I pointed her that she turned very rude and kept asking if she can be of any further help (when she was not). The sweeper at the exit door did tell me (seeing my condition)- she is a bit off beat personality. It was weird to me! I ended up returning the laptop at other Sam's location. Note this was incident on 11/2/2018 at 8.15pm - so not sure about the exact name of the supervisor/manager. Watch out for those big scary eyes during those hours. :)

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I ordered a spa back in August off the Sam's Club website. It was suppose to be delivered by Sept 23. Well it’s been sitting at their delivery carrier (STI) since October 9 and has been promised to be delivered three times. Here it is November 1 with another cancellation of delivery. Now it won’t be delivered until November 9. And all Sam's Club wants to do is provide a $100 refund for the trouble. This is ridiculous they cashed my check for $7000 so they got their money so who cares about the customer. I should of ordered from Costco.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I called store to make a complaint about a product. It has been an ongoing problem with this store. Yet they are doing nothing about it. I own a small business and I am faced with bad products everyday and losses of money due to BAD PRODUCTS from the Sam's Club store in Cocoa Florida. When I called today I was talked to in a rude manner and I could not speak about the problem product without being told to basically shut up and go somewhere else to buy what I need.

This store's management team is the WORST!! When I asked for Store Manager I was transferred to another Assist. Manager and NO ONE would give me a phone number to Sam's Corp office or to the Area Market Manager which I asked over and over for. I was told they had to get permission to give me the phone numbers and could not do it today. REALLY what does this store's management team have to hide. Sam's needs to replace the staff and maybe even clean the store. The worst Sam's Club Store I have ever shopped in. Replace the store's managers with people that understand we are the customers. I will tell everyone I know to stop shopping at Sam's if this is an accepted policy that must start at the top and is how their managers are trained!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Beware when ordering e-gift cards from Sams. I ordered two Disney $500 e-gift cards for the discounted price on a Wednesday. I read the fine print that says could take up to 48 hrs. It is now Tuesday and I still have not received the gift cards. No fraud verification emails/calls were received so I’m not sure what the problem is. I have placed at least 5 phone calls to check the status. Each rep stating to be patient and try calling back on the next day if I haven’t received. One rep says he escalated my issue and someone will call me for a resolution. I never got that phone call. I’m in the process of just canceling the order. I should have just walked into the store to pick up gift cards. Lesson learned. Also, I tried posting a review to warn others on their website and their “moderators” have emailed me stating they cannot post. Very convenient in my opinion since almost all the reviews give 5 stars.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The gas oven was delivered with small dent 5/15/2018. LG uses RTA services to do repairs in my area. If you look online, you will see that this company does not have a good reputation. This company showed up to my house 3 times with a damaged replacement part. The next 2 times they didn’t bother showing up to the appointment. No phone call, no apology. Two 30 minute phone calls with LG to get a new services company to do repairs. Still waiting 10/16/2018. Delivery was slow too. We live in the age of Amazon. Nobody takes a month to deliver anything anymore. I could have got it delivered the next day at 3 different stores. All microwaves and ovens basically do the same thing. So it comes down to appearance, features, and customer service. LG fell short in the customer service department and that is reason for the one star. Sam's also blocked my review on their site.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought some pound cake for me and my family. My two-year-old had a piece of blue plastic in her piece. Could have been a Band-Aid part of a glove. Who knows. They won't do anything. No compensation. It's ridiculous. They just put me in circles and passed me around.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I used Samsclub.com to purchase 2 gift cards as a thank you for one of my customers. Sam's Club sent the cards which I forwarded to my customer. The experience my customer had was horrible. The cards were never downloaded with any money. My customer went to Sam's Cub store in Maryland with the receipt I sent her and they told her there was nothing they could do. She returned the cards to me, which I then called Sam's Club and after a few calls they told me to return the cards and they would issue me credit. They issued me credit for one card and I just got an email saying they are sending me another card instead of the credit.

Between emails and phone calls I have spent approximately 2 to 3 hours trying to fix this and it is still not fixed! It is impossible to get any satisfaction from Sam's Club. I just can't believe this is happening. They are the idiots that sent the cards without downloading the money on them and they are putting me through hell to get my money back, and this is only for $110.00 I can't image what it would be like if it was a lot of money. This was my first time dealing with Sam's Club and you can be guaranteed it will be my last. Maybe after another couple of hours dealing with this I will finally get my money back! However I don't hold out a lot of hope.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I submitted photos online and they were scheduled to be done the next day (much more than an hour processing time like they promise). When I arrived at Sam's Club the next day, an hour and a half after they were to be completed, no one was in the photo department and I was told no work was done and would not be completed that day and could be several days because they didn't have anyone that could process them. This isn't the first time that it has happened. Their solution - "We'll refund what you spent" - Big deal - it didn't help with my presentation where I needed them, and I didn't have time to get them printed elsewhere. They could have / should have emailed everyone and let them know that photos were not going to be developed. They lack so much!

Sam's Club Company Information