Sam's Club

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had the worst experience with Sam's Club. I purchased a coffee maker online for Christmas gift on 12/16, The website show me that the shipping labels have been create. After new year!!! I still did not receive the item. I contact to the FEDEX and they told me the Sam's club never ever!!! Send them the item, that is why they can not send anything to me. I am so disappointment to sam's club. It is almost 20 days, if I did not lose my greatest patience, I will still waiting for my never coming Christmas gift. After that I spend 1 hour waiting phone call to cancellation my order, and being treated like an idiot. NO apologies, NO respect. Thank you to let me know how ** you are Sam's Club.

On Nov. 23rd I ordered a gazebo from Sam's Club. Delivery was to be between Dec. 1 and the 15th. My checking account was debited Dec. 1 and I was notified the gazebo had shipped. After a few days I tried to track the shipment but every time the shipping company website said I didn't have enough information. After Dec. 15th. I started contacting Sam's. First by email, then by phone. After at least 6 emails and eight phone calls, nobody seems to know where my Gazebo is. Everyone says they will investigate and call me back but I have not received one phone call. Messages to both the vendor and trucking company have gone unanswered. It seems there is no one at this company that cares about customer service. I'm now trying to get a refund for my money but that doesn't seem to be any easier.

Lane Big & Tall Bonded Leather Executive Chair, Chocolate Brown!... Cheap China garbage. Avoid this product. Two years in and the springs are shot and although not poking through the surface material yet is not comfortable (take a look at the photos. The springs came out like that. I removed the springs so I can pad with memory foam and get a little more life out of the purchase). These are yet another cheap China product. My old Best Buy chair is back in use after 5 years because this one didn't last at all! Of course I can't find the receipt and have better things to do than stand in line at Sam's Club to return things that were bought in good faith with hard earned money. I have the skills/tools to repair the seat so I am not worried, but buyer beware if you are actually planning on using this as an office chair like I do (meaning sat in for long periods of time for work).

My husband and I opened credit card online with original offer of $55.00 cash back guarantee when you spent the amount of $100.00 or more on a single charge. The card was mailed to us, with no instruction or mention of the online offer. Wife is then told she had only one day to use offer, same day as you applied for card. We never got a chance to even activate the Sam's Crooked Credit Card. We call the consumer service. They are about as friendly as the TSA agents at the airport. No I sorry the TSA agents at Fort Walton /Eglin Airport are nicer. The wonderful lady puts on hold for ten minutes and ask us if we had anything more to say... Again I ask if we can get a voucher or credit... NO. Offer ended. Wow!

So we are also new members of the Club and I really see no advantage other you can buy 500 rolls of toilet paper at a time. TV's are more expensive at Sam's than Walmart, Sear or Kmart. Also there are no deals with automotive on tires... Go to Sears or TiresPlus for better value. We can't even get a refund from our membership fee. Less than two months... We will damn sure not renew or shop there! Beware! Sam's treats customers like cattle going to the slaughter over there.

On November 20th, I ordered Virgin coconut oil from Sam's Club online. On December 8th, I never received my order. However, on my order history, it showed that they delivered at December 5th. So I called the customer service and was told that the product was delivered to another state, far away from my home. The lady whose name maybe Dejamae. She also told me that Sam's Club will reship this product to me right away since they found the mistake.

I were waiting for another few weeks, I still didn't receive my product. So on December 23, I called the customer service, the lady who answered the phone was Anna. I told her that I haven't received my order. She told me that I should look my account history carefully. It said it was delivered. Then, she told me that this merchandise was delivered to my house and I refused to receive this merchandise. That is the reason I didn't received it. From the beginning to the end, she had no patience to find out the reason. No any resolution she'd willing to provide. No any apology about the long time delay on the merchandise. It was irritating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Well I have been working on my credit for 2 years now. I have good credit but it took a lot of perseverance and time to get there. I applied for Sam's Club credit. They approved me for 500 well knowing what it takes to build your credit by doing my research. You can't spend more than 30% of your available credit or it will affect your credit in a negative way. You do of course have to use your credit so me and my wife decided to buy a laptop about 300. Well the person that we bought it from in electronics was informed by me that I can only spend 80 dollars on my Sam's Card and another card with a much higher limit explaining to him how much to charge each card. Well the person charged only the Sam's Club card. After calling to make a payment on my card I found out what happened and was devastated to see after all the work I did to build my credit this dummy and corporate Sam's Club screwed me over.

I talked to management at Sam's. The lady tells me she doesn't use credit and doesn't seem to care or what to help. The investigation took almost 3 months while my credit and hard work to build it were being destroyed. Very disappointed. If you want to be bullied around by corporate pigs you might want their credit. As for me I'll be fine without it. This took place in El Paso TX.

Not worth the money. I purchased a 2 tier cake from the bakery for my companies Christmas party. Well to my surprise it wasn't really a 2 tier cake. A couple of things happened: The cake was picked up around noon and the cake started melting around 2PM. Meaning the top of the cake started falling off the cake. HORRIBLE. The room was cool so this should not have happened.

It was not a whole cake on the bottom. The bottom layer of the cake had some type of insert in the middle, so there really wasn't any cake on the bottom tier. There was only cake around insert which was very miss leading. That's why I didn't consider it to be a 2 layer cake because the bottom had very little cake. Not worth $67.00 at all because there wasn't really any cake on the bottom... Highly disappointed. I had to go out to purchase additional cakes because there wasn't enough on this two tier cake.

Consumer Increased Rating!

On Dec 5, 2016 my wife and I purchased a small package of rib eye steaks from Sam's Club in Marion Il. We always look at these steaks when we shop at Sam's but have never been able to afford them due to our fixed limited income. However we had a little extra money so decided to splurge and bought this small pack of 4 steaks. We paid over $30.00 which is unheard of for us. My wife cooked hers in a small grill and I cooked mine slowly on the stove top. Both of these steaks were extremely tough and unchewable for anyone - our dog ended up with most of it. We still had two left so decided to try cooking them in a beef stew in our slow cooker. Surely they would be nice and tender after 24 hours cooking time. No such luck. The steaks were still tough and stringy and again a treat for the dog but not for human consumption.

I complained via email to Sam's corporate headquarters and I received an email apologizing and nothing more. I at least expected an offer of a refund or a store credit so I complained again. Again an apology and some advice that being that I should go back and see if I could talk the store manager into a refund. Well frankly that is insulting. I do not beg for anything. If this store cannot do the right thing when presented with a detailed written complaint then my only other option is to at least warn others of the policy of not refunding the customer when a product is obviously inferior and should never have been put in the meat display counter in the first place.

My advice to anyone looking for a good cut of beef is to shop somewhere else. You won't find it at Sam's. In all fairness to Sam's Club we have shopped there since moving here in 2002 and this is the first time we have purchased any beef from them. We have purchased other meat products and have had no problem but I definitely cannot recommend the beef to anyone and I certainly will never purchase another steak from this store.

They have been promoting a Yeti Cooler that will be on sale on Dec. 8th. It has shown up on Google and even Amazon. I logged on the site at 8:00 AM on the 8th and they were still showing that it was about to arrive on the 8th. Checked back at 10:30 AM and guess what - it is showing as sold out. This is just the last in a chain of REALLY BS customer service issues that I have had over the years. My account just went out of date and it will stay that way permanently.

I purchased a Samsung SUHD 78" curved TV 9 Series on Black Friday on Sam's Club.com for $3500. I was given an estimated delivery of December 7th to the 23rd which was fine as it was for my wife for Christmas. To my shock I received an email 10 days later telling me they had cancelled my order. They did not even refund the warranty they sold me or the membership fee I had to pay. I made several attempts to resolved with customer service which I can only describe as a disgusting experience. This put me in a terrible positions as 10 days after black Friday all the sales have gone.

I had sold my existing TV and now have to buy a new TV at the worst time of year! They even tried to BAIT AND SWITCH me by offering great the COMPARABLE Samsung UHD 78" Curved, a TV worth half the amount, disgusted by this as I believe this was their plan all along as most uneducated consumers probably fell for this. I will never spend another dime at Walmart or Sam's Club and this has black listed their brand for me for life. I also saw many news articles where Sam's Club have enacted this scam many times. Where is the class action lawsuit?

This is the worst experience I have ever had. I order a 60' Vizio 4K UHD Television Thanksgiving morning, their website said the television would be delivered November 29th or 30th. On December 1st the FedEx tracking said the television would be delivered that day by the close of business, then later it just said delivery pending. I contacted FedEx on December 2nd to find out what happened. They just said it had been put on the truck on November 30th then taken off, they have no idea where it is. (That's a whole different story.) I contacted Sam's Club customer service on 12/2 and again on 12/5 explaining what happened and asking them to help.

On 12/5 I asked couldn't Sam's just send me another television and they deal with FedEx on finding the lost one? I was told that they no longer had the product and they could not offer me a comparable set. They would see about refunding my money. I explained I don't want a refund. I want them to honor their sale. I purchased the product, they received my money, it is not my fault they failed to deliver the product. I was told again that they could refund my money but I now would have to buy a set at a higher price since this one was no longer on sale. I asked to speak with a manager and was told the manager would tell me the same thing. Sam's.com is the biggest rip-off, their customer service is lousy, and I will no longer shop there. Whatever happened to good service? I spent countless hours on the phone to receive no help whatsoever. I will never do business with Sam's Club again.

I purchased a mattress and box spring from Sam's on 11/12/2016 and used "their" delivery company "Installs Inc." My delivery date was 11/17/2016. The box spring was damaged so the delivery man took pics and called it into his company. I contacted Installs 3 days later after receiving no follow-up call from them. The driver was to come back and pick up damaged box spring and exchange it. This exchange has been CANCELED 5 TIMES. I have even had the supervisor, Dawn rescheduled this last delivery on 12/4/16 and once again the driver canceled. I have requested they come and pick up both the mattress and box spring and return to Sam's, I AM DONE.

I have missed 2 days of work and shortened my Thanksgiving vacation to accommodate delivery schedules. The last supervisor I spoke with "Monifa" was nice and polite and contacted the driver while I was on the line to verify he would be here today between 12 and 5pm to pick up the set. (We'll see if he shows.) She was gave me gift cards to Sam's but this in NO WAY EXCUSES the time and money I am out of because of the INCOMPETENCE of their DELIVERY COMPANY, "INSTALLS INC."

Month ago I got a letter saying that my payment was returned to my bank account, it never said they had a problem or suggested that I call them and try and fix anything to my pay account. I called the number on the back of the Sam's Club card and no person was available to talk to, and was forced to use the so-called automated service, and recordings didn't suggest there were any deficiencies or requirements that was needed on my behalf, and my wife sent another payment with confirmation number, another letter showed up saying the same thing then I went in and paid a payment using my personal bank account and it was also sent back to my bank that I have not verified yet? I have used this pay account for years. Just received another bill from Sam's Club saying that my account was late and put the late payment on my account for payment for on the next bill.

Last night about 9 p.m. I got a call that I thought was from a scammer. The lady could not talk with full English and asked me for personal information that I am not willing to give a caller I do not know, 866-923-8370, I asked her what kind of scam was running today and told her I was not going to give her any information. She then hung up the phone.

Today at work I have spent a few hours trying to figure this out trying to call and talk to a real person from another phone number from the account and finally got a real person, he was quite helpful and verified that someone was calling me last night from a third party to discus my late payment. I then gave him my credentials and gave him my debit card number, and he said it would work, and said he would put a complaint in for me that she should have never called me. At this point I am researching ways of not ever shopping at Sam's and getting rid of all my accounts that have anything to do with Synchrony Bank cards. I was never informed that a second party was preparing my account billing and a third party had all my information that they needed to call and harass me for payment.

On 11/12/16 I purchased what I thought was a 50" Smart TV. It was advertised as a Smart TV however it was not. By the time I realized it, I called customer service. The rep stated that it was a Smart TV per advertisement. I was unable to return the TV because I discarded the box. I was not happy. I requested for my membership to be terminated. Then during the same taped conversation I rescinded that request. A day later my account appeared as expired when I went online to purchase something. I called customer service and spent 4 hours on the phone. A rep was rude and hung up on me.

When I called back a customer service rep made my membership active. Since then my membership has been terminated 5 times. I'm unable to purchase anything. I have not been refunded the $45 membership fee. I called repeatedly and made repeated complaints via email and my account was made active then expired within 24 hours. This has occurred 5 times. I'm now being told that I have to go to a local store to resolve the issue. I'm unable to get to a store secondary to my current medical condition. I'm unable to purchase Christmas items and missed sales. My membership remains expired. I have a TV that I don't want. I haven't been refunded a membership fee. I'm unable to get assistance via telephone (which the reps are completely rude) nor would they take any of my online complaints. I've never had such poor treatment from a retailer before in my life. This is awful. I'm very frustrated.

I ordered a laptop computer and a 2 year protection plan from Sam's Club on 11/27/16. It was a great deal and I planned on giving it to my daughter for her 17th birthday. I had found and placed an order the day before from another retailer, but Sam's offered a better deal. I then returned the laptop ordered from the other retailer on 11/29/16. On 11/30/16 - 3 DAYS AFTER placing my order, I received an email telling me my order was cancelled due to merchandise needed to fulfill this order is unavailable.

What??? If it was unavailable, I shouldn't have been able to place the order in the first place. I am now left with no computer at all, since I'm not receiving anything from Sam's and I returned the other computer to the retailer. I had to call Customer Service, who was no help at all, to get refunded my money for the 2 year protection plan on a computer I am no longer receiving. They refused to offer me any other deal for their misrepresentation. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH SAM'S CLUB.

I ordered a TV from Sam's Club on November 15, 2016 and 4 hours later, called them to cancel the order after finding the same TV from Costco, $200 cheaper. I was told it would take 3-5 business days to refund and I only had a 1 hour window to cancel. This really upset me but after 5 business days, my refund didn't appear and have called 8 times and have been told the same things over and over with being transferred over to many people.

I am beyond mad after FIFTEEN days with still no refund! Sam's Club has had $798 of MINE and keep getting the same song and dance over and over! I just saw that this review or complaint is asking me for my order # which I don't have since I cancelled the order the same day I placed it. I just called Sam's Club to try to ask for that order # and they refused to give it to me... I only have the Refund Authorization # which I will provide.

I'm not sure what my next step will be, but after my last call today, it's left me shaking with anger and frustration. This was my 1st buy from Sam's Club and I assure you it will be the last. They refunded me my membership within 24 hrs., which was decent of them considering I bought the membership in order to buy their TV. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone! A big company that has a system that rips off their customers.

I was looking for good deals on TV for Thanksgiving and was happy to find a Samsung SUHD TV (UN55JS9000) on Sam's Club Pre-Black Friday online sales for $998 on 23rd Nov 2016. I did book the TV and the order went through. Later on 24th Nov 2016 early morning 2:25 am, I get this order cancellation mail saying that TV is not available in inventory, but when I logged in and checked, I still see that there are 3 more available in stock, but now for a higher price 1460. So, I called up the customer service regarding this around 5-6 times and they say that, they will look into this and will help me on getting my TV back for the same price that I booked for and made me wait till the evening. After waiting for around 24 hrs from the time of purchase and around 8-9 hrs of speaking to customer service representatives, all they could say to me was sorry and I have to purchase the TV for whatever the price is currently online.

This all looks to me as a scheme of misleading their customers and its leaves me of not trusting Sam's Club and its associates never again. If the TV wasn't available in inventory, why would they make me wait this long. I would have looked out for other good TV deals during this time window. It ruined my thanksgiving day and hope, they would be able to give a better reason than saying not available in the inventory, because even now I'm able to see it in their online website, saying inventory has 3 more left. Either, it's all about their profits, (as soon as they came to know its fast selling, they cancel their customers' order and increase the price of product) or they have very bad online shopping. Either way, it made me never trust them again. Very much unsatisfied with the customer service too. What could have been done 7-8 hrs prior, was elongated and made me miss on the one thing I loved to purchase on this day.

As we were approaching the cashier's self check out I was scanning my item as a ** female American told me "you don't know how to read. Are you American." She said "scan your card first?" She ask me I said "yes I'm Puerto Rican American granted citizen since 1900 when we fought wars 1-2-3." I explained to her racial comments, she responded "that's not American because you fought in wars that's participating. You were being used for the wars. You are an illegal" and she stated "we don't like you here anyways. Go back to where you came from." So I left and told her manager and her manager said she will speak to her.

On my way out I saw them laughing and staring at me waving. I never felt so hurt to know that my ancestors have fought in wars to be discriminated and picked on. They're also playing boomboxes in between cashiers explicit music. I've never seen that in any Sam's stores in my life! And majority of employees are ** people which I think this is creating a conflict of colors and racism. It should be equal. Equal opportunity for all store to prevent this racial conflicts.

Sam's Club buyers beware of those Online Sales specials. After 1 hr window, you cannot cancel the order prior to receiving the item. You will have to accept and then return the item, losing the shipping fee. Forget about getting help in a local Sam's Club or toll free number. Small print also says free shipping not for Hawaii, but some specials do include free shipping to Hawaii. Shame on companies who no longer put customer satisfaction first. That's what happens when we are so dependent on foreign goods. We've lost the quality of customer service that small business provides. America has shot ourselves in the foot by being so dependent on big business and foreign companies. Do not expect superior customer service to resolve a discrepancy from Sam's or Walmart. Sorry, will be going back to Costco where no problems on returns.

Once again I've had another good experience at the Sam's Club I normally shop at. It's the one on 83rd avenue/Union Hills in Peoria, Az. A few years back (approx 3) I was extended really good personal service when I purchased two RV marine batteries. I can't say enough about the nature of care and concern demonstrated by the manager on duty. Simply put I left there wanting to stay a member for life.

Today I bought a Segway mini pro for my Grandson for Christmas. Normally I avoid spending beyond my normal budget as when I get the routine items for home which includes perishable and non-perishable items. On occasion we splurge on electronics and such and are never disappointed. Also never had to return any item purchased at this store. If I ever did I feel confident they will accommodate me as promised by more than one manager. Understandably, that always puts my mind at ease. Be assured, I can only speak for our personal experience at this location.

I will therefore refrain from generalization and respect that others may well disagree with me for whatever reason and wish for them the same level of satisfaction we've been fortunate enough to come away with. Some employees I would like to commend on this occasion are two managers on duty, Bear and Nick and one other young man who happily assisted me named Nik. I wish these guys and their team Happy Holidays and much success in their careers. Cheers! ???

I used Sam's club shopping for the 1st time because they offered Instant Savings of $6 on McCafe dark roast coffee plus free shipping! I received my order for the three boxes, but received decaf which was actually more expensive. Since I was going to the local club I decided to exchange for the correct item there. My complaint is that they gave me a hard time because they said it's not their problem since it was an online item & they didn't stock decaf. I asked how it was my fault I got sent the wrong item. They agreed to refund me, but I noticed the total amount was lower than what I had calculated. I asked at the refund counter why it was lower & she could not give me a reason.

When I went home, I noticed Sam's online sent me an email with a higher refund amount. I started doing calculations & found out I was charged a tax rate higher than HI's 4.712 rate, but refund with HI's tax rate. Somehow it doesn't seem legal, especially because it wasn't my mistake. I reordered & noticed I didn't get the $6 Instant Savings. They charged me the regular price although the advertised price is $6 less. I called Sam's online & they said that because they are not a secured site, they can't do refunds unless I send items back. What the heck is going on? So now I have to return once again for something that is not my fault!

I just wanted to make other consumers aware that Sam's.com may overcharge so be very careful. I tried contacting someone at Sam's who could be made aware, but there is no contact information listed in their website. All you get is an agent apologizing for the error, but is unable to help or correct the issue. As a side note, I also notice that the local club does not display prices when they are ringing you up. I never did really check, but now I will.

I am a big spender at Sam's Club for personal as well as my business, but when it comes to customer service they are the WORST. Customer service rep in club and online are rude, incompetent, unprofessional and often provide wrong info. I just don't believe big company like Sam's operate like this. I would blame on management did not do their job all the way down and why do I continue to shop with them? I am moving my business away from Sam's.

On October 21, 2016 I purchased a 70" LG UHD TV. I was told to expect it on October 27, 2016. I was further advised that I would only get two hours notice from the freight carrier in advance of its arrival. When it did not show up I went to Sam's. The order shows being processed. No tracking number. No pro number. The order cannot be cancelled. Nothing can be done. Tomorrow I am going back to the store again to see if I can confirm the cancellation so that I can buy one off the floor. Amazon has a better price on most other models but not on this one. It really was not worth the grief. Forget about the fact that a freight carrier is not a good way to ship a television. Customer service is not part of Sam's Club.

Updated on 10/29/2016: It has been nine days. I ordered a 70" LG high definition TV online from Sam's Club. Their website says that it takes two days to process an order. It has been nine. They placed an authorization on my charge card and I have to wait one more day before I can initiate a dispute. I am going to have to do this in the hope that they will either ship the TV or issue a refund. I have visited the manager at the Port Saint Lucie store near my home twice. He has two of the sets that I am waiting for Sam's to ship on the floor but he claims to have nothing to do with Sam's online and was of no help. This is a store manager I am talking about.

He was treated no better when he called Sam's online than I was and we were both informed that there was nothing that could be done. It seems it is the computer's fault. I was thinking about this. Why does Sam's Club need two days to process an order that Amazon routinely does in five minutes? How come nine days later it is still not processed? Why does Sam's take the money first and then worry about their customer while Amazon does not take the money until they ship? Be careful around the holidays. You may find that your order remains in processing for a very long time and while it does you will have no way out. God do I hate feeling trapped.

I tried posting this on their website, but it was rejected because it contained "profanity, customer service complaint and a shipping complaint". This made me even more angry. I will never be using Sam's Club again for anything. I placed an order for 40 sunflowers on 9/23 and selected the delivery date of 10/21. I had a bridal shower that I needed them for the morning of 10/22. While I thought this was super convenient it turned out to be an absolute nightmare. I received a confirmation from FedEx that my order would be delivered by 10:30 am on Friday the 21st, which was perfect. Well, 10:30am rolled around and no flowers.

I followed up with FedEx at noon. They said my flowers were in Waukesha, WI and would be there soon. 4:30 comes and I still have no flowers, so I called them again. They then told me that my flowers were in TN somewhere and due to weather they wouldn't be delivered until Monday 10/24, which is 2 days after I needed. I then called Sam's Club to see what my options were because I still needed the flowers. I spoke to someone that spoke with their manager who said they would open an immediate ticket with the floral department and they would get back to me with my options in an hour. Well an hour and a half had passed and I still hadn't heard anything. So I called Sam's Club again.

I spoke with another person, who was zero help. She said she would open another ticket with the floral department. I said "That didn't work before. Can I call them directly" and she said they don't have the number for them and can only reach them via their ticketing system. She also said they don't work on the weekends (it was 6:30 CST on Friday and the floral dept. is in CA). I said I can't wait around to hear from them, if there's a chance that I need to figure something else out. She said "Oh yeah, I would start looking elsewhere because you definitely won't have your flowers by tomorrow". She was also making all these excuses that sometimes when things are ordered late (I ordered 9/23) they don't get there in time, or the weather affects delivery.

While I completely understand that they can't control the weather, they can control how they choose to remedy the situation because people place these orders and expect to have their flowers. Being told that I should "start looking elsewhere" at 7 pm on a Friday is NOT helpful and poor customer service. I then proceeded to cancel my order. She said that I should refuse the delivery on Monday-- I said, I would be at work. I did end up receiving the flowers on Monday at 8 am. They were in rough shape. Overall, I was VERY disappointed with this service and how everything was handled after I found out I wouldn't receive my order. I would recommend people proceed with caution before ordering for an event. Because you might just be "** out of luck". I am in the process of receiving a refund, but thought others should know about this before they place orders thru Sam's Club for big events.

To preface, this comment is about a WEDDING DATE! A cake was ordered 3 MONTHS in advance. A phone call a month before the event to confirm the cake order. THE DAY OF THE WEDDING we went to pick up the cake and the bakery FORGOT to make the cake! Instead of providing a free cake, they made us PAY for a cake that was bought last second. This is result of terrible planning, awful management, and horrendous customer service. There should have been a reimbursement process as well as a complimentary cake considering this was the DAY OF THE WEDDING! The service is appalling during and afterwards. Complete quality should NOT be sacrificed due to price, yet paying for something should still mean receiving it when planned regardless of price.

Still waiting for cell phone card. Listing said emailed in 1 hr, it's been 40 hrs! What's the point of buying card online if I have to wait days for it? Called customer service, said they'll call me back, never did.

I ordered 4 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars online. They sent me 3 Boxes and some worthless vitamins. So I called them, they said they would send the bars and a return for the vitamins. Nothing happened, so I forgot about it, so much for Sam's Club! Poor customer service.

After a few weeks of patio furniture shopping, and passing up on some great Labor Day deals from other companies that are currently no longer on sale, we ordered the Toronto Deep Seating 6-piece patio set totaling right under $1,500.00 on September 3, 2016. We were so excited to use this on our new screen porch and specifically needed it by this Sunday, September 25th, for a party we are hosting. A message was sent to us on September 5th stating our patio set had been shipped and was in transit from Sam's Club. The company they use is MXD. It was guaranteed to be here by September 23rd, which is tomorrow, latest. I noticed as soon as I ordered this set from Sam's Club, it was listed as out of stock. I figured we had ordered the last one, lucky us! WRONG!!! I have excitedly checked the shipping status of this order almost every day for the last 3 weeks and every day it has said "In Transit".

So today, I decided to give MXD and Sam's Club a call to see if anyone was able to give me more details about where exactly our furniture was at. Again, it is supposed to be delivered by tomorrow, latest. MXD was not helpful at all telling me to take it up with Sam's Club. The Sam's Club representative puts me on hold for 20 minutes and comes back to tell me that our patio furniture had been put on the wrong truck by MXD and taken "somewhere else" and MXD had placed us on "hold" for when a replacement set came in. Mind you, not one person has attempted to reach out to us in any fashion in 3 weeks to inform us of this. The customer representative was very nonchalant about telling me this information and had absolutely no other information to give as if we would just be okay with this.

Now, they were super speedy to get their money, but when it comes to delivering a superior product, or just delivering any product, they get and F!!! I ask to speak to a supervisor and she proceeds to tell me what I had already heard and I express how I was not okay with being put on a "hold" list for when the next Patio set becomes available. I explain to her how I am aware that the set has been out of stock since the day after we paid for ours and that there were none left. I asked her where exactly they planned to get this replacement and how long it would take? I explained to her how it is horrible business to just not send a customer their order and not contact them in any way. In that case, they could just keep our $1,500 inevitably??? I don't think so! Who does business like that? I express to her how we had passed up on a few other great deals on patio sets on Labor Day and decided to go with this set from Sam's Club instead.

I explained my frustration about being left high and dry for our party we are hosting in 2 days in which I guess all our guest will be sitting criss-cross applesauce on the floor at. I told her that they need a better system to inform customers of ANY problems that may occur with the delivery of their paid orders and how being placed on "hold" for a replacement set to come in is simply not acceptable. I mean, was the plan really to hold our money until a new set came in from somewhere, somehow? What if this set got discontinued and there was never another replacement set to come into stock? Their system is to not reach out to the customer to explain the situation and to just keep the money inevitably?

That is the worst business model I ever heard of. I will NEVER order or step foot into a Sam's Club again. I do not understand how they are still in business and I wish I would have reviewed this company before passing up on the other store's Labor Day deals! I spent hours reviewing the product, but the company lacks in so many areas. Customer service being #1.

First, it amazes me how many people fall for the bulk buying trick. If consumers would take the time to check the prices on SAM's Club's products, you'll find that on normal priced items you may save pennies on total purchase. On sale items, you will fare better, but not any better than you will at Safeway or Target. Then there is Synchrony Bank, the openly criminal bank that falsely reports bad credit and falsifies bank records to cover their six.

I made three months of payments $100 each since I was not receiving a bill at my new address. Synchrony reported me as NO payments FOR OVER 90 DAYS. In FACT they denied that they were mailing my bills to the old address. They outright lied, even though at the time I called in the representative admitted the address was not the same as the address I supplied. Regardless, they have destroyed my credit by reporting that no payment had been made for over 90 days, even though I had mailed a payment every month.

This is a review about a SentrySafe purchased from Sam's. They will not publish the review because I mentioned that SentrySafe will not respond via phone or email about the product that Sam's claims they are no longer liable for.

Sam's Club Company Profile