1.77/5
Based on 104 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

728 Sam's Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 10, 2018

The nearest Sam's is thirty minutes from me. It was advertised as the best place to buy in bulk for a family. I saved money at my local place (Kroger) but wasted money on the membership and the lack of sale items. Why would anyone spend $45 a year on a membership to something that has high prices? Used my card once. I wish I could get my money back. Frozen bulk vegetables are twice as high as any other place near me, it's over crowded, most of the clothing is poor quality. I'm chalking it up to a bad decision that I'll never repeat.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Dealing with Samsclub.com has been a nightmare! We ordered a sectional and 4 mattresses which were suppose to be 2 day shipping but because items were not in stock it was going to take up to a month to receive so I cancelled my order. The lady from Sam's Club said, "It wouldn't be a problem," that nothing had left the warehouse (because it wasn't in stock) and I would receive my refund of $1400 within 3 to 5 business days. On the 3rd day instead of getting my refund I start receiving the mattresses and bed frames that I had cancelled. I called Sam's Club to inform them (which they were unaware of) at which point they start holding my money until they receive all of their merchandise back. The merchandise they didn't even know they were sending me. I have called Sam's Club 16 times now to try and resolve this problem (and it has became a big problem.)

We are a working class family, $1400 is a lot of money to us for Sam's Club to be holding hostage till they can figure out their mistake. It has now been a month and I still don't have my $1400. FedEx will drop off boxes and say they only have 1 label and can only pick up one package. I call Sam's, Sam's is suppose to have it worked out with FedEx, couple of days later, same thing. As of last Friday, the last 16 people I had talked to I guess forgot to put my account in the "automatic refund category" so I can get my money back. I am now waiting AGAIN 3 to 5 business days to see my refund. They have received all of their merchandise as of last week. YET I STILL DONT HAVE MY MONEY! They took my funds hostage and made my family suffer because of their own mistake!!! I will never shop Sam's Club again!

Sam's Club Store Reviews: What To Know | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 7, 2018

Ordered 4 tires during Sam's 4th of July sale online. Not given the opportunity to pay online when ordering, just said I would be contacted when the tires were received at my local store. My tires arrived a couple of days later after the sale had ended. Went to store for installation and was told I had to pay full price because the tires had to be paid for during the sale not just ordered. At no time during the ordering process was this indicated, but on the receipt that I printed after ordering there was a statement in fine print that said it needed to be paid during the promotion. Why would I be able to order tires online and then have to go to the store to pay and then have to go back to the store for installation when the tires arrived? Totally deceptive practice.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Don't bother with free Plus Member shipping. It may seem like a great idea to use your free plus member benefit and have items shipped... it isn't a great idea. Head to the store or use someone with experience like Amazon. I ordered 3 items recently and chose to have them shipped because I didn't need them for a week or so. When the box showed up only one of my items was inside. The box said it weighed 24.85 but when I picked it up from FedEx it weighed 3.70 pounds. They also tried to tell me that three large items fit inside a 13x11x8 box. One item fit inside. Dealing with their chat to get my items or a refund was absolutely horrible and ridiculous. Them telling me that they would refund the items as a "courtesy" and implying that I really did receive them is horrible customer service.

I offered pictures showing only one item fit in the box that included the tracking label visible in the photo but they aren't actually set up to receive anything logical like proof. They just want to make you feel like you are trying to get one over on Sam's Club. I'm including a picture (without tracking because my address is on it) to show that they tried to convince me that I really did receive a the 4 pack of Ziplocs in the box as well as a 24 pack of 5 hour energy drinks and a 225 ounce bottle of Persil laundry detergent. Where would the other two items even have fit in that box?

Original review: July 2, 2018

Store manager did not let me return an iPad Pro because she did not understand her own return policy and she insisted iPads were cellular devices that needed to be returned within 14 days. (This iPad was not a cellular device and could be returned within 90 days.) Despite all my efforts to explain to her, she kept ignoring me and going to the next customer, which was really rude especially considering how polite I was being.

Anyway, went home and talked to Sam's Club corporate. They confirmed that I was right and she was wrong and told me to return it. I said I tried and she's refusing. So they sent me a return label to ship it to them instead, which I did immediately. However, they simply kept the device and never gave me my money back. I called and called, and emailed a million times. All I keep getting back is that they will escalate the issue and someone would get back to me. But the person who gets back to me answers something that has nothing to do with my returned item or refund. They either talk about another item that is unrelated, or they tell me that the other unrelated item has already been refunded.

Finally got someone who understood what I was saying. He told me to go to the store for a refund and to show them the proof (which he attached) that they have received the iPad and to give me the refund. The store said they couldn't refund without the item... which I no longer have because I sent it to Sam's. This has been going on for 3 months. I don't understand how no one is able to simply issue me the freaking refund even though they can see that the item has been returned? It's $1000 we're talking about. If an employee is reading this please contact me on how to get my money back!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: July 2, 2018

Bought ground beef & the package weight said 5lbs 12 ounces. When I got home and divided into portions for the freezer the weight was 4lbs 12 ounces. I have a very reliable scale so I know this was correct. Called the meat department & they could care less. Basically told me their scale is correct. Made no effort to make it right.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have bought 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab As from Sam's Club and 3 of them have been defective. Twice there were verticle lines on the displays and one drops the internet connection and has to be restarted 5 or 10 times a day. Based on this, I believe that Sam's Club is selling factory seconds. Another tablet from a different source does not have either of these problems.

Original review: June 17, 2018

At Sam's Club, sat down after cleaning table off with hand sanitizer out of my own bottle and napkins watching supervisor with Karen at a dirty table also talking about personal life. Food was greasy and uncooked. Tea was old and lemonade was water. Both me and my daughter got sick an hour later. Jodi manager for corporate needs to come and get better management for Lincoln NE South Sam's. Pizza was limp. I have never been there and it was this bad and all this on Father's Day even 6/17/2018. I asked 1 team member why it was so bad and poor guy said it's been getting worse since last year.

Original review: June 8, 2018

This has been the worst experience I ever had ordering online! I placed an order to be picked up in one of the clubs in another state, so a family member can pick it up for me. The website does not give you the option to pay for it before pick up. The huge issue if you are outside the state or city, no one in your family can get what they need.

Try to cancel the order, five minutes after I place it, the website does not allow you to do it, I call the club to trying to pay for it before pick up, they couldn't help. I called customer service, they couldn't cancel it, take a payment, or charge it on my account. They suggested to call the club, the club suggested to call customer service, customer service suggested to cancel online and reorder it, they are not even aware that the website does not give you the option to pay for it online when is a pick up... Two hours later you still in the same loop with no answers at all. Unbelievable! It is worthless to order from Sam's. It goes far beyond my understanding how they can keep a business running like that.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I ordered a special order tire online for in store pickup. Said 3 to 5 days. I ordered all 4 of my tires this way previously and had no problem. One of my tires has a bubble in it and I am unable to drive it safely. I wanted to keep with the same tire since I am unable to afford all new tires. And they are in good condition otherwise. On day 5 I call to inquire about the location of my tire and cannot get through to the club. Was to pick the tire up at. So I call online order support and was on hold for 12 minutes before talking to a person. He said he was going to call me. The club put me on hold and after a few minutes someone else picked up the line and the customer service rep was gone. After a few minutes talking to the new guy I realized that this was the wrong Sam's Club. So I called online support back had another 12 minute wait. Talked to a lady who basically said she can not help me and I need to call my Sam's Club.

I explained that I did and I cannot contact them. She suggested driving there. Which I can not because my tire is bad. I asked if I can talk to someone that can solve my problem. She said I need to call my club. Hung up and recalled my club and again the tire department was unavailable. Transfer to member assistance and she transferred me to someone in tires. After another 10 minutes he told me he found my tire. It is as in the back. Probably just came in this morning. Long story short I spent Almost 2 hours of my morning trying to find out where my order was. Sam's needs a better system for this. I will never order anything online through Sam's again. One of the tire employees even said it’s best to special order them in the store so you can bypass the online process. What’s that tell you.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I enjoy going to Walmart and Sam's Club because if I need any help at all there's always someone there to answer any questions that I may have. I find the prices reasonable and in most instances hard to beat.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Love the selections, prices and never had problem w/ employees. Only negative thing is I see something I want and if I don't purchase it then, it won't be available next visit (even same week).

Original review: May 30, 2018

All in all my last Sam's Club purchase went well. But their customer service sucked. It seems like me asking them to fix their overcharge was a hassle. Part of the issue was the CSR didn't speak fluent English making the whole ordeal that much more difficult. Came to find out that said CSR spoke perfect English and was screwing around with us. Fortunately, management was helpful and apologetic.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Can get great deals on things I need at Sam's Club. This is important as I live on Social Security. Just wish the Plus membership was not so expensive, but the additional discounts help.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I stopped shopping at Sam's Club due to the check out cashier's sales pitches and offer questions. It was extremely annoying and rude. It's only obvious Sam's Club is desperately try to milk as much money from customers as they possibly can. It's not enough that we are purchasing items, but the cashiers molest customers with offers and sales pitches, too? I strongly resented it and it took every bit of strength for me not to let the cashiers have it. It is so annoying. But I know the checkers are told by employers to harass the customers this way. Gone are the days when customers were treated with appreciation for shopping at stores. Sam's Club employees don't seem like friendly human beings. Instead I feel like they are wishing they could rob the customers any way they can.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My biggest issue with this store is that they don't have a fitting room. Why sell clothing if your customers can't try it on? I found 4 different swimsuits that I wanted to try on and I knew they didn't have a fitting room so I asked if it was possible that I use the family restroom to try them on. She tells me no. I would have to purchase them all and then bring back what does not fit. They are $30 a piece!!! Do I look like I'm made of money? What kind of nonsense is that?! So needless to say I handed over all the sizes that I had and walked out. For a store that requires a membership to shop there you would think that they would accommodate their customers a bit better. Get it together Sam's! (Holland, Ohio)

Original review: May 26, 2018

I like the clothes has Quality & good price! It's convenience to eat and sit down. Most important I feel safe. When I drive they check my wheel and they honest unlike the dealer. I asked them why I have yellow light they said, "Will cost you $500." I'm serious! I couldn't believe it. Sam's Club did not cost me any.

Original review: May 25, 2018

In Sam's I rarely find an employee on the floor. The employees are on checkout or greeters at the entrance. Checkout employees are friendly and efficient. During the times of large crowds of customers, Sam's has no employees directly the checkout lines (which is different from Costco). Customers are left to interact with each other, some customers get along okay, and some skip the line and push ahead to the front. During the times of large customer crowds, checkout is frustrating and it's not unusual to hear customers fighting among themselves.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I love Sam's. I shop and find all the things that I need and also some new ones that usually end up on my weekly list. Love their products, the prices are good, and I also get gas when I shop.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Too many carts in the way while people eat free samples. Too much show and tell. Boxes for purchase are junk. People checking full carts waste time. They can't check everything in carts. Their script answer is to make sure I got everything I wanted. They have no idea what I wanted. Best place for food is at Publix were they really do help. Clothing is best at Stein Mart were prices are great and store is a pleasure to shop in without all the clutter.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I usually shop at samsclub.com, which is great; however, customer service varies from awful to great, depending on staff available. Example, you come in to pick up your order and are referred to the kiosk, which is nonexistent or has been moved. But overall most experiences are okay.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I purchased a gas grill. I paid almost $200 to have it assembled and delivered to my home. Naturally, I expected a brand new grill. What they did was just bring the old, nasty, floor model to my home. I was not present when they delivered it, so I could not refuse it. When I wrote to the store and even called them, they REFUSED to get me a new, out of the box, grill and were of no help whatsoever. Sam’s Club is horrible, STAY AWAY if you value your money.

Original review: May 16, 2018

After walking into a local Sam's Club I was looking to purchase a printer and came across a model that had been marked down. The item was sold out at this location but the store searched the local market and found one in stock at a store about 30 minutes away. I called the store to confirm they had it and they offered to hold it for me since I was on my way over. When I went to check out the price was substantially higher and I alerted them that the item was marked down and told them what had happened at the other store. They promptly told me that it did not matter and that was that store's price.

I promptly handed them my membership card and told them to keep it and walked out. I then called the corporate office to file a complaint and after spending 30 minutes on the phone was told that the first store manager had called the second store to resolve the issue and was told that they would not honor the price. The representative then offered me a gift card for the difference for my inconvenience and told me I would hear something in a few days.

Below is the response: "We hope you are having a wonderful and successful day. My name is Leticia an associate from Sam's Club, it is a pleasure to help you. I apologize can't help you, in this case you need visit our club where they provided you information about Item with less price. We cannot honor the same price with gift card because we don't have history about your purchase. Please contact a manager from this club 4418 W. Wendover Ave. Greensboro, NC 27407. In advance a thousand apologies for all this inconveniences but I'm doing my best in order to assist you the way you deserve." Maybe it's me but this looks like a 4th grader wrote it and is the most unprofessional response I have ever seen. As a business owner and former Sam's Club member I will never walk into a Sam's Club or Walmart again.

Resolution response: June 10, 2018

After few hours after posting the review here and Sams Club online, I was contacted by the manager of my local Sams Club, Mr. Robert **. I met him in the Club and he fixed it right away, politely explained to me how it could happen and making sure everything was fixed and made sure I walked away happy. Thank you Mr. **.

Original review: May 15, 2018

My wife is the membership owner, SamsClub.com decided to do a unauthorized credit card test run on her card for $1, just so they could send her a card stating: "Great news! Your membership will automatically renew...." Who in the world gave Samsclub.com permission to do such a thing??? Not my wife for sure. Also, my wife NEVER purchased anything online, how did samsclub.com get a hold of her CC info and permission for automatic renewal??? Since we noticed the unauthorized charge, we immediately called the bank and canceled her card. Had no clue what happened until the automatic renewal card showed up on the mail.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I ordered 15 rolls of Shrink Wrap from Sam's Club for a Feed the Hungry Charity Event. The stated delivery date was well before the event. Four days later, I received a notice from FedEx stating that my 2 items were on their way. I called Sam's Club to find out where the other 13 rolls were. They "investigated" and found out that they (Sam's Club) had incorrectly filled the order. I explained very clearly during my hour phone call that I needed all 15 rolls within the next two days. They said they would fix it and I would hear back from them. I frantically searched all online suppliers but none were able to meet the two day turnaround. I heard nothing back from Sam's Club all day... Then I received a notification from FedEx that the missing 13 items were at their facility being packaged for shipment.

I called Sam's Club and had them verify that they were doing a two day or overnight ship so that the rolls would make the charity event. They saw the notes stating that it was Sam's Club's error and the items were needed within 2 days BUT they could not call FedEx and request a priority ship. The items were going to arrive the day after the charity event. I told them that I can not use the shrink wrap AFTER the event was over. They told me to just return the items for a refund. REALLY??? No concern what so ever with wanting to correct their mistakes and keep a customer satisfied.

I had to beg volunteers to drive 60-75 miles out to various stores to find and purchase the Shrink Wrap that Sam's Club wasn't going to deliver on time. I am so furious over such an unprofessional way to run a business. Yes, I am just one customer out of their very large customer pool but if they treat us all like we are insignificant they will find themselves having a Going Out of Business Sale.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Do not believe the "White Glove" shipping claim. The company that Sam's Club uses (MDX, Ryder) for shipping your furniture uses an automated scheduling system that provides you with a time that is convenient for them. I never was able to receive my furniture because I could not get a time scheduled. Even when I got close to a time I could be there to receive my product they were unwilling to wait 10 minutes for me to get home. Terribly frustrating if you work! I spent time calling all of the phone numbers I could find to get scheduled, which resulted in being transferred to automated phone messages.

When I did get ahold of a person, they were extremely rude and nothing was resolved. After over a month, I still have not gotten any furniture or my money returned to me. So if you want to get totally ripped off and waste your time buy your furniture from Sam's. I tried to leave a review on the Sam's Club website but if you click less than 3 stars it will not allow you to submit it. Very deceptive!

Original review: April 17, 2018

On Saturday April 14th, 2018 we were getting ready to attend our grandsons’ baseball game when we noticed we had a flat. I thought I could fix to get to the ballgame. Unfortunately, the hole was too big to plug, so I called our local Sam’s Club to see if I could get an appointment. I was told it was first-come-first-served, so I proceeded to the store.

I was told I had violated the warranty by attempting to fix it. The receipt I had from 11-11-15, the original purchase date, had no warranty information attached that explained these road hazards stipulations. One of the associates procured a laminated or framed copy of a document with these rules stating that I had signed these, without ever capable of producing my signed copy – there was none. The puncture could not be fixed and I asked if it could be prorated. I begged if there was something Sam’s could do, and one of the associates said I could take it back to Gainesville where I had originally purchased the tires after a tire blowout and about 140 miles from my home. I had no choice but to ask to replace the tire.

Notwithstanding the lack clarity in the warranty, the way it was explained to me seemed to imply that in the case of a flat, one must call Sam’s roadside assistance, so they can change the tire and determine if a replacement is needed. So, if a motorist is stuck in the middle of nowhere and a local helps that motorist and fixes the tire to get the motorist back on the road to a safe place, the act of attempting to fix the tire immediately violates the warranty. That is a horrible thought of being stranded and refusing assistance from any other service but Sam’s roadside service to validate the warranty.

I caution all buyers to be aware of the fine print and understand that the warranty requirements can only be satisfied in those rare occasions where one can drive to a Sam’s Club; or where one can drive on a donut (unsafe) until the flat tire can be driven to a Sam’s Club; or worse yet, forced to use services other than say, AAA and risk unsafe conditions with unknown services. Every document is vague and misleading.

I have contacted Sam's and the email response I received says, "We're sorry, but Sam's can't do a thing," and was told to call the tire manufacture. It seems unreal that the 24-hour roadside service, the road hazard protection, the lifetime tire balance, rotation, flat repair and the waste disposal are all manufacturer’s warranty whether it’s Pirelli, Goodyear, Michelin, etc. Again, I hope this letter will help other consumers weigh the true value of Sam’s auto and tire warranty. This scenario cost me another $118.09, but more importantly, stained my perception of Sam’s Club.

Original review: April 14, 2018

So I previously reviewed a mattress from here. It was my only purchase from Sam's. I made sure my profile was set up to NOT auto-renew. Guess what? They charged my account 45.00! My option to get my money back is drive 45 min to store, get a gift card that can be used at Walmart or Sam's only or get this... wait 8 to 10 WEEKS to get my cash back!! They had and have no right to my money. I am curious as to how many others have been screwed like this.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Once again, I win an auction item and it isn't received. I fill out the Sam's Club online order issue form and get a confirm w/ a reference number. The usual happens - no one ever does anything about it and no one responds to follow-ups. Don't bother with online chat assistance after 5 p.m. (maybe even before 5), I'm pretty sure those working are overseas (by the language used). No help whatsoever. In the recent past, I've been asked for inappropriate info. for a customer service request (such as date of birth). WTH? I also had a charge on my account that was never made - and I suspect they had a data breach that was never reported. I'm very concerned about what's happening to Sam's Club and think I need to quit ordering online from Sam's. NO WONDER THEY ARE CLOSING A BUNCH OF STORES...terrible. A good business model run straight into the ground.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I am a plus member, pay the additional membership cost. They offer free flat tire repair. I had a tire that would lose air after a week or so. Took to Sam's Club for repair, they informed me the wheel needed cleaned as was losing air along the bead. Upon removing tire from the wheel they notice an old patch inside tire. Now they decide it is unsafe to reinstall the wheel on the rim. Want me to buy a new tire because the tire I own had a tire patch. They put my spare on. I let the store, took my wheel & tire that Sam's removed but wouldn't reinstall to another tire dealer. They installed with no questions. I had to pay the mount & balance. I have taken numerous tires which mostly were purchased at Sam's Club in for tire repair...they never agree to fix as they state when selling you a membership. Only want to sell you a new tire or set if all wheel drive. I would never purchase another tire or membership from Sam's Club.

Sam's Club Company Information