3.79/5
Based on 1,450 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sam's Club

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sam's Club Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Me and my spouse have purchased clothing from this store a number of times throughout the year, and are emphatically pleased with each item we buy. Each time we buy clothes from Sam's Club, the quality and durability is quite exceptional. Most of the time we are looking for clothes for our children, with an occasional splurge on ourselves. The clothes have the same quality as big box retail stores, there are name brand items, as well as not so well known vendors. However, the craftsmanship, attention to detail, and lasting comfort have well indeed sold us on buying from this member's only store.

The colors are wide ranging, the designed clothing is current with styles folks are wearing, and they withstand washing without color fading, shrinkage, or fraying. Which is more than I can say about some of the popular name brands consistently advertised on television. Not all of the items I can say for certain, are made in the USA, since I didn't look through each and every rack, but for the most part, a lot of the clothing that I seen was developed, and manufactured right here in our own backyard factories of America. I do continue to buy from other places too, but for the assessment of my recent purchase, it came from one of my favored places to shop for quality clothing, at a reasonable price.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I like Sam's Club overall. I like the clubs, the people who work there, the selection, the prices, and the quality of Sam's Club's private-label brands. In fact, I do most of my shopping there (usually at the Kingston, New York club). The quality of their store-brand items is one of the reasons I shop there. Their Members Mark denim jeans, for example, are the best jeans I've ever worn and are quite inexpensive. Their coffee, olive oil, and in fact every private-label item I've bought have also been excellent.

If I were reviewing only the in-club experience, in fact, I would give Sam's Club five stars. But alas, their online experience is lacking. They've never failed to fulfill an order, but it's a coin toss whether the orders will arrive on-time. In summary, overall, I like Sam's Club best of the three big-name wholesale clubs. But they do need improvement in their online operations. I'm sure they'll get there; but as it stands now, I'd be hesitant to recommend that you buy a Sam's Club membership unless you plan to use it primarily in-club.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The grates are what made me take a second look. Those and the $200 price. Five burners independently operational with huge handles. The zigzag grill design prevents thin food from falling through and gives burgers and veggies a nice look. Heat is even and the entire grill is rugged. Nothing flimsy about it. The temperature gauge is an added bonus. I just didn't give it an excellent "5" rating because it doesn't have a large enough upper grill. We're hooked up to in ground propane (no tank) and that's nice. Rolls easily on large wheels but it stick still when set on brake.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Just when I thought "Customer Service" had become a catchphrase in the service industry. I found out how wrong I was to be so cynical. My problem began online. I was trying to send some diapers to a single mom in Florida. I live in Indiana. I navigated Sam's Club website and found the product I was looking for. While checking out I could not complete the process because our Zip code didn't match (my credit card) that of the receiver.

Frustrated I drove to the local store in Carmel Indiana for help. I went to customer service and asked if they could ship the diapers for me. An older lady explained they could not do that there. I explained my dilemma and why I needed the help. Up popped Krys, an attractive young lady with a big smile. She explained that she was "Customer Service" and would try and help me. Help she did. Turning her computer screen for me to sign into my account, she helped me get the job done. Always with a big smile and pleasant demeanor. Never once made me feel as I was interrupting her day. Whomever hired this young superstar should "Rear back and Strut". You made a great hire for this unit and Sam's as a corporation. I commend you and Krys. Well done Krys.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I usually go to Sam's with a specific list of items I need that are in bulk like paper products, food for a crowd, or some of the items that run less than what I find in other retail stores. There are a few employees that are around to help out if I can't find something. The cheese, meat, and produce departments are usually a good deal, especially when feeding a large group or cooking things to freeze.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Tried to purchase an InstaPot during their one day sales event on November 9th. Had the item in my cart and ready to purchase, told me it was out of stock, sure enough after the sale ended it was available online at full price. What a scam!!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Recently Sam’s Club sent out an “INSTANT SAVINGS” book to customers valid October 30- December 1, 2019 which stated on page 21 consumers would be eligible to purchase a table and chair combo for $499 so I waited until October 30th to go online and order this item #848242 (which is stated in article for that said price) and was shocked to discover the price to be $1,298.... HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! I then called customer service to inquire about the price difference and was told they were aware of the ‘Error’ and would not honor me the price; not acceptable I explained. I was then transferred to a supervisor, on hold for 50 minutes to to be told again under no circumstances would I be honored that advertised price. I plan to do my business with an honest company in the future; Sam's Club lies to their loyal customers.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I recently placed an online order on Sam's as I have done before. Instead of it shipping to my home it is being shipped to somewhere in Tennessee. I called to cancel the order and they told me, "We can't cancel the order. You will have to return it." Being the rocket scientist that I am I determined how can I return something that is never going to be shipped to me. Well an hour and a half later 3rd person they are going to get back to me. I was charged for the order at my bank. This has to be the dumbest scenario I have experienced in a long time. Sam's Club themselves can't do anything to cancel or correct the order, why you say? Well they are just a middleman in a group of middlemen and have subcontracted that out. What does this say for the customers. Sam's Club isn't concerned in the least. What's really crazy is that I and everybody else pays for even the privilege of shopping at Sam's Club. Why?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Sam's Cust Ser. is Terrible. I ordered 10 boxes of creamer 2 weeks ago and received email confirmation of that order. I logged in today and the order was mysteriously cancelled. No correspondence sent. I did online chat AND called CS personally and NO ONE can tell me why the order was cancelled. They didn't offer to rush a re-order, didn't offer a discount, and said I can go to a physical store if I need my product in a timely fashion. No reason why it was cancelled, and no attempt to fix THEIR mistake. I'll order from someone else.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Sam's Club tried to charge my credit card used for last renewal to make a $1.00 charge at 5 am on Sunday morning. Credit card Co. caught it as 'fraud' as this is common practice for credit card thieves to see if card is activated. Spent an hour on phone with Sam's today to first be told it was done to be sure card was good for future purchases, then finally told it had to do with up-coming renewal. Foreign Sam's rep really had no idea, asked for supervisor & after 15 min wait got same person back. In meantime credit card co. had suspended my card acct. Never could get a straight answer to confirm that Sam's truly made the attempted charge. If you get a fraud alert about Sam's be aware, still do not know if they may have been hacked by outsiders, no one to talk to to find out??? Horrible unprofessional service, not to mention disruption of my credit card acct.

Sam's Club Company Information