1.48/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Sam's Club

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

643 Sam's Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I ordered tires online, and I was notified that my tires had arrived at the local store. I went to the store, to get them installed, but had forgotten my phone at home. The person at the tire desk said I needed the order number, I inquired "can’t you bring it up by my name or account #." (I did have my membership card with me.) He said he couldn't. So, Instead of making an additional trip back and forth for the order number, I informed the technician or manager, that they could just keep the tires. He said 'OK'. I will buy my tires where they at least have the technology, to pull up an order. Which is not SAM’s.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We bought an $800 entertainment center and it was delivered wrecked. We have been trying to return this for over a week and they are rude and inept. We need someone in the company to step up and get this thing picked up and get our money back. I shouldn't need a lawyer to communicate with Sam's Club. Customer service line fails to even try to help us.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My wife and I are 62 years old and have been using Member's Mark Baby Wipes for over a year. After about 4 months of use we developed a severe rash on our personal areas with pain, bleeding and severe itching. The Itching was extreme! We thought we had contracted a fungal infection as I am a Registered Nurse and this was classic symptoms. We used anti-fungal cream for 6 weeks to no avail. We then switched to topical steroids which did not work. We tried everything we could get our hands on and the pain and itching just got worse. I finally told my wife we should stop using the wipes and in three weeks the rash was gone. I tried to report it to Sam's Club and they hung up on me. I wrote a review on the product just like this one and they removed it so I am placing it here to warn mothers who might be using this product as it should not be used on a baby's skin.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have been a member of Sam's Club since PACE closed over 24 years ago. They were great! Carried what the average person uses at reasonable prices. No, they offer only reduced fat buttermilk - I live in the south. They do not offer Ragu, or whole buttermilk, Sun Maid Raisins, their milk is not as good tasting and most products are changing over to Member's Mark Brand. Their store appearance is more like Costco. We already have a Costco. The Scan & Go app worked for a while and now gives a constant error message stating, "Go to a register." Products are difficult to find because Sam's doesn't carry them anymore.

Since Sam's Club wants to be like Costco, look like Costco, etc. I see no need to keep my Sam's Membership. The employees are very good people and I believe should be taken care of and money spent on them instead of spending more money on copying to look like an already existing store in the area, another warehouse grocer like Costco. It is very sad Sam's Club seems to want to force consumers into using their products alone as they have stopped offering brand name products as well.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Today (9/26/27) I received an email indicating that order # ** has shipped. I placed this order from Sams.com on Aug. 7 and the order remained in processing status for over a month. The order was for my grandson's birthday (which is 08/14/2017). The order never showed-up and remained in a processing status. I called and tried to cancel the order in excess of 12 times. (Check your records). During which time I was left on hold, hung-up on, transferred numerous times, told it was nothing that can be done, told they do not have a corporate headquarters, etc. Because of the processing status and that I was not allowed to cancel the order, my credit card account was left open for over a month for Sam's Club to enter it at their convenience at a later date. This is an illegal and unethical practice of keeping the ordering status frozen in a processing mode.

As I first indicated, today (almost 2 months later), I received an email that the item was shipped. In addition, the same email indicates that the item was delivered on Sept. 15, 2017. How can the item be shipped today (9/26/2017) and at the same time delivered on 9/15/201? This item was never delivered on 9/15/2017. I have already notified my bank to be aware of the fraudulent practice and my bank as well as myself are ready to dispute any transactions of funds taken from my account in regards to this matter. Never ever again will I conduct business at Sam's Club or Sams.com. Their business practices are unprofessional and illegal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Vacationing recently in Reno NV and realized I had forgotten a very important medication. My account is with Sam's Club but in Port Charlotte, FL. Stopped in to see if I could get enough meds to last my vacation and Greg the Pharmacist and his Technician Jen were more than helpful in getting me taken care of. It was no problem for them to call down to Sam's Pharmacy in Florida, verify my medications, and fill my needs in no time at all. And they accomplished all of this in record breaking time as we were heading out to a social function. I could not be more grateful to both of them for the help they provided to get me on my way. Please Sam's Club Reno, please recognize both of these individuals for excellent service over and above the norm. They are the BEST!!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I have had and paid for a Sam's Club Membership for over 20 years and I am ready to cancel. More and More products are being substituted from Name Brand to Member's Mark brand. My experience has been it is of lesser quality and it seems that they are no longer stocking name brand products which reduces the choice. There is no need to continue my membership to PAY for the right to shop there and not have access to the products I want to buy. Two recent examples are the 1 gallon of Member's Mark hand soap and Member's Mark chicken tenderloins have been substituted for Tyson chicken tenderloins. I sent Sam's some feedback and got the form letter just indicating if I am unhappy with the product, I can return it. I am not interested in returning, I am interested in telling management to re-evaluate their product choice if they want me to continue to be a member.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Bought a power washer online and it leaked oil from day one. I've been trying for three months to either get it fixed or return it, but have been unsuccessful. Customer service has been horrific. I've been told over and over that the carrier will call to schedule a pick up in 24 to 48 hrs to come get it so that I can get a refund of my money, but that has been over a month ago. Now I'm told by a customer service manager that it actually takes 3 to 6 weeks before the carrier will call to schedule to come pick it up. This gross conflicting information makes no sense at all. All the while I don't have a power washer for work and I'm out $800. I've even tried taking it to a local store, which was pointless and the customer service there was just as useless. Sam's Club is a complete joke.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Ordered a Bose Soundlink Bluetooth Speaker on 08/12/17. Delivery date was given as 08/15 - 08/17. I never received an email saying item had shipped. When checking order status online, I found it still in processing status. I sent an email to customer support on 08/26 and received a reply 08/29 stating item is out of stock with no idea when item will be available. No option to cancel order was offered so I called Customer Service Rep and requested order be canceled. I was told there was no way the order could be stopped in its current status and no way to know when or if the item will be back in stock since it was a discontinued item. Needless to say, this will be the last time I order anything from Sam's Club.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I seriously regret having purchased 4 new Pirelli Cinturato P7 Run Flat Tires for my 2015 BMW X3 last week! Even though I am well aware of the difficulty of installing the low-profile, run flat tires, I "assumed" that anyone who had the correct equipment to install them (and not ALL tire shops do), would do so professionally. Sam's runs a lot of cars through their shop, right? Should have plenty of experience, right? Not so much! Although I "saved" almost $100 on the set of 4 (still putting me back over $1K) compared to the very reputable local tire specialist, it is now going to cost me up to $500 (depending upon the provider) to have my rims repaired. Not to mention to also have the generous portion of black rubber/sealant "goo," which they were so kind to leave for me, cleaned off the wheels! I wasn't even asking for NEW wheels, but Sam's insurance provider is my claim and WILL NOT REIMBURSE ME A DIME!

Believe me, I personally hand wash my car and wheels and know every door ding, scratch, bird poop etch, chip and, yes, scuff on the wheels and I'm highly confident that the new scuffs (between 1-4" long, depending upon the wheel) were NOT there when I dropped off the vehicle. So, my advice to you is DON'T TAKE YOUR CAR TO SAM'S FOR TIRE REPLACEMENT - unless you don't care about wheel damage. If you decide to give it a try, AT LEAST TAKE PHOTOS BEFORE THE SERVICE AND MAKE SURE THEY KNOW YOU DID SO! I certainly wish I had done so! At least I could have defended my claim that their installation techs are the ones who "ruined" my wheels. One other note... Three of the new tires were manufactured in November of 2016 and the 4th was manufactured in April of 2017. Not terribly worried about that, but they aren't all that fresh.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Been a member of Sam's Club for 20+ years and have purchased medications from them. Just found out that they have over charged us all this time for our medications and have ripped us off. They do not match prices for all medications and every club has a different price for same medication at the same time. Management will not even return phone calls and they make money by cheating customers. Prices are atrocious compared to Costco and other pharmacies. This is what we get for being loyal members and paying a hefty membership fee every year. Been robbed of thousands of dollars of hard earned money.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Buying was fine, however the items (patio furniture) was defected and we returned it. I have been working tirelessly to get my refund and am getting nowhere. I am ready to call an attorney, and the news station and the CEO to let them know their customer service is horrible. I would never purchase anything from SamsClub.com again, maybe not even Sam's Club.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

As a long time member of Sam's Club I was solicited by FHP (Florida Home Improvement Co. Songwriting in Store Sarasota, FL) for window replacements. I trusted that Sam's Club would only allow reputable and vetted companies to solicit in their stores! I signed a contract with FHP in April, 2017 with the promise that the job would be completed by the end of May 2017. There has been numerous fall ups! I am frustrated and will drop my membership.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Pumped $50 fuel for our F150 and $14.01 for the Camry using my debit card on an early Saturday morning, 8/5/17. We and every other customer had trouble with the pumps - kept rejecting our Sam's cards AND our payments - every customer. Gas station attendant told us there was no problem, "the pumps are just slow today." Figured network issues because we were finally able to complete our transactions.

The following Monday I receive an alert that my Wells Fargo checking is low. I know EVERY SINGLE penny that comes out of that account and it is NOT low. Well, not until Sam's charges me $164.01 for the $64.01 of fuel I purchased. The $50 charge was processed three times. Took 35 minutes and four Manager/Supervisors to finally tell me they couldn't help me - yes, according to my Sam's card records, I did NOT purchase more than $64.01 of fuel, but it wasn't Sam's fault, it is the bank's fault. WFB didn't debit my account arbitrarily, that money left my account because Sam's sent through a transaction. Now I have one full week before payday and NO MONEY. WFB has submitted a claim, but the TAT on the return of MY FUNDS will take at least 72 hours.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I pay to have a Sam's Plus Card to be able to beat the crowds and be able to come into the stores at 7am. To me it's a waste of money. When certain special sales go on it should still be for the customers that pay the extra money to only be allowed to come in early and not the customers that are not paying the extra money. If they do not pay the extra cost then they shouldn't be able to come in early. I think that just seems right to me.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

While I was about to pay, with the Sam's Master Card, cashier told me, I wouldn't be able to pay unless I paid $45. Automatic renewal. Told her my account was active, but two more joined her and kept insisting I needed to go see customer service, waiting 20 minutes of my time. Waited in line for 15 minutes but no luck. Called Membership Services, and was told that my account was active and my card was actually renewed even for 2018, and maybe the cashier wasn't sure what she was doing. Wasted two hours of my time, and no luck. Worst experience ever with them! Not sure if I'll ever use them again!

Original review: July 21, 2017

Innovera 901 xl black cartridge - Advertised as 700 page content, only got 487 pages. Please change the ad to about 450 pages so your customers will know how much ink is in the cartridge and not get disappointed as I was. Went to Target to get one to finish project.

Original review: July 19, 2017

We pay high prices because of theft... Well, let me tell you Sam's Club doesn't care if you walk away with the store! I notified the Ontario., Ca store off Millikan of a known shoplifter in the store. I absolutely knew she was there to "lift" many items. I gave the manager and loss prevention guy her photo and arrest record. They replied that they can't do anything at all unless they see it with their own eyes. WELL... Then FOLLOW her watch her... SOMETHING! They stood in the electronics department after I physically pointed her out a few feet from them. Did not move an inch... Did not call anyone to watch her.

So I followed her and watched her take items of clothing, cosmetics and alcohol! In her purse... If I could watch her do that, why could they not see it? I even have video of her in other stores stealing... Many other stores. How does that make us honest dues paying members feel? She paid $3 bucks for her milk which is too big for her purse and walked out. The only person who seemed to care was the older lady checking receipts at the door... By then it was too late. Now know that this is a routine... She does this often and on a schedule... And they still didn't care.:(

Original review: July 16, 2017

Sam's Club advertised their TV at $748.00 and was supposed to be delivered. TV was never delivered. Money was charged against my credit card. Called Sam's Club several times. Each time the sale was confirmed. The product was in inventory but never shipped. Four times I was disconnected and no one called me back. Emails to me stated sale took place and shipping was pending. I called their vendor and found out they had over 100 of these TVs in stock. Finally after several days and hours on the phone I was told that Sam's Club would not ship me this TV because there was an error in pricing as advertised on their website. They totally refused to honor their commitment. I am a senior citizen and this negative experience should be a warning of the pitfalls of using the internet with Sam's Club.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Took my car to have the tire repaired, they plugged it. Then when I took it to have my tires rotated at my own car dealership, they noticed one of the tire sensors was missing. I called yesterday and today they broke it off. Had a third party company call me to tell me they are not taking responsibility for it. I sat there 2 hours for a tire repair, please don't USE SAM'S!!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

I couldn't complete my order online on any platform. Their website doesn't work. They have fake items online to lure you in then you buy a membership and you can't even buy anything online. Then you call customer service for two hours just to cancel your membership. SCAMS CLUB is what they should call themselves. Costco is superior in every way.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I have been with Sam's for years, but lately I get most of my stuff at BJ's except the Hoffman Snappy Grillers. So I go in with my sister who shares the card to get are snappy grillers for the 4th and lo and behold there are none, barely any Hoffman Franks and no Snappy Grillers when this store usually has a whole cooler filled. So I thought no problem they sold out I will go ask when they come in so we can come back. While I spoke to a membership service supervisor who checked with someone and said they are out and not sure when they will be in check Tuesday or Wednesday when the truck comes in.

Wednesday still no Snappy Grillers, the person who answered the phone had no idea when they would be coming in, so I contacted a corporate number and they contacted the store and then I'm told they are discontinued. While I guess I will discontinue my membership to this awful place since I could not get a straight answer from anyone! I have since contacted corporate and the CEO and other corporate executives about this and have yet to receive a response from Sam's Club! I will no longer renew.

Original review: July 5, 2017

My mother purchased a bedroom set online from Sam's Club for my new house. The bed was delivered damaged and I was told to call Sam's customer service to find when the replacement parts would be shipped. I called a total of 5 times and they would not provide me with any information other than they have no idea where the part is. I was also hung up on multiple times. I was also told that they would send an email when they heard back from the manufacturer, but never received an email. It’s been two weeks with no response and not sleeping on a bed. 9 months pregnant. Customer service is terrible!

Original review: June 30, 2017

Don't take your car here unless you don't care how you get it back. I took my car in to have tires rotated and balanced. When I got my car back my brand new wheels were scratched up terribly. Also the tires were not balanced any better when I got it back than when I took it to them. Terribly disgusted. :(

Original review: June 20, 2017
    Rude employees. Inadequate staffing. Took over an hour to install a new battery. Long wait (45 min.) to try to place tire order, then told that the website was down.

We were told it would take several days for the tires to come in, but ironically received an email the same day (Sunday) that they were in. Question if they were in stock all along. Can only service one car at a time and no appointments taken. Very inconvenient to be trapped at this store for over 2 hrs. because another customer walked in a minute before us. It's certainly not worth the hours drive each way to shop here. I will never purchase tires or batteries here again.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Reference Order Number: **, 6 Tires to Panama City Fl. Upon arrival to pick up tires to be mounted at a truck service, the representative told me that "walk-out" tires are not warranted. I explained that I had a small RV and planned on taking the tires to a service who would mount & balance. She again stated the "no warrant" for take-tires.

I then agreed to have Sam's install & balance the tires. The representative they don't mount RV tires. I would have to physically remove tires myself from the RV and they would then take the rims and mount tires, then I would have to install the new tires on the RV. She said it was their policy not to even "touch" an RV although no mention of this was made when I ordered the tires 10 days ago and have been waiting patiently for them to begin our summer trip. I can't find any such prohibition on their website and this entire situation reminds me of a typical "bait & switch" scam. The trouble Sam's went through to send me 6 matched date Michelin LTX M/S LT215/85R16E 115R tires was for want!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I ordered a vacuum cleaner online to be sent to the store on Abilene St. in Aurora Colorado. I received a confirmation that it had been delivered a day early. I had a contact phone number listed to call me. I never received a call from the store the day it was delivered. I went in the next day to pick up the order and it was a huge mess at the store. I was told to go to the Tobacco County for pick up. The person working at the county looked like someone right off the street. She had a huge hole in her pants and was totally clueless. She called the manager over with her six inches nails and spandex pants who was equally as clueless. 1/2 hour later, they called another employee who had enough sense to search different areas and finally found it. I will not shop at this storemail anymore with these incompetent people running it.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Worst service. I placed an order for a laptop, you can see how long it will take for delivery, that is within the US, Yakima, WA. May 29 Ordered. June 4 Shipped. June 15 estimated delivery. I did email their customer service, twice, and made a phone call to get it shipped, I wonder how long it might have taken if I did not, still June 15 is estimated delivery.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Ordered a trampoline for a Christmas present for our kids in December. We go to set up in March after the snow thaw and notice we have box 1 of 2 and box 1 of 2 so we call Sam's customer service. We are told they cannot send just box 2 of 2 and return one of the boxes have to do a return then refund then we would re-order and they would price match the original order and free shipping like original order. Fed Ex came to our house 4 times attempting to pick up the item each time they did not have a return address or label. When we called Sam's each time after the attempt we are told they arranged pick up with FedEx and they have address and they rescheduled pickup.

Finally got it picked up call for my refund. Told it will take 3-5 days never received it. Told we would get a call from a manual refund department. Never got a call. 3 weeks later still no refund. I called at least 15 times and spoke to multiple supervisors, received emails, no results. I tried to do a chargeback with Visa and was told it was more than 90 days can't do it. I gave up on waiting for refund and just re-ordered product.

Ordered trampoline again online and called to get the price match and free shipping was told they don't see in the notes. I gave them reference numbers and offered copies of emails was hung up on twice waiting to talk to supervisor. Went to store to talk to manager about the issue and see if they knew someone at corporate to talk to about this and get something done, they listened and were nice but nothing was done and was not called back. We got new order today and it was box 2 of 2 and box 2 of 2 refused shipment. I called got a replacement for this and is supposed to be on its way.

I know some people will read this and ask why did I even reorder from them? Because I have not received my original refund and cannot dispute the charge because it was too long ago. I ordered a new one so we could get the product we originally paid for and then I will do a dispute chargeback on the new order. That is my reason I am more than willing to pay for product I ordered at the original price as it stands right now. I have paid for 2 trampolines now and have none.

I cannot believe they don't have some department/supervisor that will just take ownership of these issues that they have obviously screwed up on. Sam's should be taking the initiative and calling me to make sure everything is being done that they have promised. I should not have to call in give a reference number have a rep look through all the notes to understand what is going on. Get a supervisor. It takes forever and I have called in multiple times. Ridiculously POOR customer service follow up. I have order #'s emails etc... I am not going to leave on here because I am a new user and leery of leaving too much information.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I called customer service. Was put on hold for more than half an hour, and then once I was able to get a hold of a customer service representative and was able to ask her my question, she puts me on hold again for another fifteen minutes and then hangs up on me. Rude and a waste of my time.

Sam's Club Company Information