2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5
Based on 1,750 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sam's Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: March 27, 2020

I went to Sam's Club to take advantage of the senior hours that were available and was more than happy with the employees, service, products that were available. Although, I didn't get there early enough for toilet paper, I found every other item I needed. It was well organized and I felt very comfortable being there. I would really like to thank the employees who were very helpful in finding items that I needed and helping me with heavy items I purchased. It appeared they were genuinely concerned for my well being during a most difficult time.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Sam's Club is my favorite place to shop. They have great prices on many items that include some really neat things which are unexpected. Even though most of the items are sold in extra large sizes it makes sense to buy them because you save a lot of money and time. They also have a rewards program for the plus members which gives cash back at the end of the membership year. They are part of Walmart so you know they're a good company. I recommend Sam's Club highly because it gives you great value for the money. They also have a pharmacy, photo center, optical department, tire department where they not only sell their tires but also install them. They have great prices on mattresses, appliances and even clothing. Sam's Club also sell liquor at a discounted price.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I ordered a cake at the Roseville Sam’s Club unfortunately I put the wrong date on the order form. When I arrived to pick up my cake today is when we found out that I put the wrong date on The order form. Miranda was working there today. She offered to make my cake for me if I could wait 15 minutes. So I did wait my 15 minutes. When I went back the cake was ready. Beautiful job she did. I was so happy with them helping me out on such a short notice seeing it was my mistake in the first place and the cake wasn’t ready. I believe Miranda really stepped up to the plate helping me out and I really really appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Me and my spouse have purchased clothing from this store a number of times throughout the year, and are emphatically pleased with each item we buy. Each time we buy clothes from Sam's Club, the quality and durability is quite exceptional. Most of the time we are looking for clothes for our children, with an occasional splurge on ourselves. The clothes have the same quality as big box retail stores, there are name brand items, as well as not so well known vendors. However, the craftsmanship, attention to detail, and lasting comfort have well indeed sold us on buying from this member's only store.

The colors are wide ranging, the designed clothing is current with styles folks are wearing, and they withstand washing without color fading, shrinkage, or fraying. Which is more than I can say about some of the popular name brands consistently advertised on television. Not all of the items I can say for certain, are made in the USA, since I didn't look through each and every rack, but for the most part, a lot of the clothing that I seen was developed, and manufactured right here in our own backyard factories of America. I do continue to buy from other places too, but for the assessment of my recent purchase, it came from one of my favored places to shop for quality clothing, at a reasonable price.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I like Sam's Club overall. I like the clubs, the people who work there, the selection, the prices, and the quality of Sam's Club's private-label brands. In fact, I do most of my shopping there (usually at the Kingston, New York club). The quality of their store-brand items is one of the reasons I shop there. Their Members Mark denim jeans, for example, are the best jeans I've ever worn and are quite inexpensive. Their coffee, olive oil, and in fact every private-label item I've bought have also been excellent.

If I were reviewing only the in-club experience, in fact, I would give Sam's Club five stars. But alas, their online experience is lacking. They've never failed to fulfill an order, but it's a coin toss whether the orders will arrive on-time. In summary, overall, I like Sam's Club best of the three big-name wholesale clubs. But they do need improvement in their online operations. I'm sure they'll get there; but as it stands now, I'd be hesitant to recommend that you buy a Sam's Club membership unless you plan to use it primarily in-club.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Just like Walmart, absolutely disgusting customer service and management. I ordered hundreds of dollars of food for pickup, only to be advised at pickup time that most of my order was out of stock. Stuff was listed as in stock, like brisket and meat. Call and get jerked off for hours just to get the honour of speaking with someone, who cancelled the order.

Now I have to wait for days to get my money from the card company to order food elsewhere. No option to cancel online. That's right, NO OPTION TO CANCEL ONLINE. You are at their mercy. Can’t change an order or add to it either before pickup time has been scheduled. Don’t like it? The only other option is don’t pick it up, then they will automatically cancel after 2 days. Then the wait begins to access the money you paid after after the hold is removed. Imbeciles at Sam’s don’t do it like others who verify the card with a $1.00 charge, then charge the full amount when picked up. Walmart and Sam's will always be run incompetently because of liberal imbecile middle and upper management. Then they blame the employees, who are under paid. Classic scumbags.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I have been a member at Sam's Club for 8 years. I was at Sam's shopping like normal, wearing the face mask that is now required, and a nosey shopper followed us through the store because they did not like how we were wearing the face mask. I kept pulling my down off my nose because, if you shop there, you know it is ALWAYS hot in Sam's, I was sweating and I couldn't breathe and the mask was sticking to my face. My husband was doing the same thing. This customer complained to the manager and the manager came over to us at the check out line, RUDELY and UNPROFESSIONAL, and told us to put the mask on correctly. I told her it is over my mouth, because I can't breathe, it is hot. She told me she didn't care! When I told her that I would cancel my membership she said, "Go ahead, you can do that." Not a care in the world, RUDE! I told her it is ok that I can't breathe, and I asked for a manager.

She called the store manager, and I asked is it going to take all day for them to come up to the front of the store, and she said it could. I relayed all of this to the manager. He was very apologetic, I told him that I am sweating, it is hot (this is South Texas) and I can't breathe, I don't need her in my face, and being a smart butt. I told him if she was on my staff, I would be so, so embarrassed. This is horrible! RUDE! and People need to mind your OWN DAMN Business!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

If I could give this product a 0 I would have! I had previously purchased a well known brand of a bacon in the food service pack at sams and was very pleased with it. Later when I needed more and went back to the store I discovered the name brand was no longer available but a members mark food service pack was available for a similar price so I decided to try it. WHAT A MISTAKE! The members mark bacon was sliced so thin that it was so difficult to get off the paper divider that it fell apart trying to release it from the paper. To add to the insult,as you got to the layers below that you could not see through the packaging, there was so little meat streak in the slices you could almost call them frying fat. What a rip off!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Should offer 0 star instead of 1 star (The minimum if 1 star). Purchase set of 4 Michelin Defender tires from Sam's Club - Fullerton, California in 2019. Last week found a nail in rear right tire. Take it to Sam's Club for repair but they stated they cannot repair it because it is too close the edge. It needs to purchase a new one and offer to pro-rate the tire since this tire is only 1 year old. They check the system and find out this tire is out of stock and they won't carry it anymore. The assistant Manager name Bryan stated there will be NO credit or pro-rate since the same tire is no longer available. It is sad such a big public company will do this kind of cheating to their customer. So all the warranty they offer is simply a joke. Avoid to purchase in Sam's Club. Go to Costco instead.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I was looking to make you purchase online. It said that if I got a membership I would get a discount on my purchase. When I went to the site there was no discount then it said I would get a discount if I purchased a more expensive membership then I found out the closest Sam's Club was 170 miles away. I saw that that would be no way I could use or get any discount if I had to drive 170 miles to use the other in-store supposed discounts so I tried to get my money back on the membership I will need to get a run around online then I finally called their customer service. Sit on the phone for over an hour. When I told that woman that I wanted a refund and what I thought about their deceptive practices she hung up on me. They can keep the money but I'll make sure everyone knows how deceptive and what poor customer service this company has.

Sam's Club Company Information