1.53/5

750 Sam's Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

If I could rate a negative star I would. Not only is there limited options to resolve an issue, I am now forced to write a letter to the executive team to have my issue resolved. Sam's Club has failed to honor an online promotion for iPhone 8 purchase (150 gift card). I have wasted 2 months of my time attempting to resolve this matter with the only option of an 800# which only provides different answers each call, promises not kept and continued frustrations. I am no closer to having this resolved. Shame on you Sam's Club - you cannot advertise a promotion and not follow through. I will no longer do business with such a company and will make it my mission to have them honor their promotion.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Do not order anything from Sam's Club online because they will steal from you. I ordered a bed frame and it was damaged upon delivery so we refused the shipment. That was on September 1st. The shipping company shipped it back to their warehouse on the 6th with a tracking number. Sam's Club claims they don't have the bed frame. Today is the 21st and they still claim it's not in their warehouse. Basically we are out almost $600 because they haven't refunded our money and "say" they don't have the product in their warehouse when they do have it. I've talked with 4 different people and they all say the same thing. We will look into it. That's all they say.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This card is operated by Synchrony Bank. I have other business cards that were taken over by Synchrony Bank. When you call they access your card by your phone number so if you have more than one card, the computer only recognize one card. Making payments is confusing. They get misposted. Trying to pay online is impossible because the system does not recognize the information from SAM’s card. Every month for the last many months I have been told that my computer access would be corrected. I am trying to make a payment again tonight and I cannot access the account.

I call and the computer indicates that it does not recognize my input. SO I tried the online chat that the phone refers a person to... and received no assistance because they cannot help with credit cards online. I asked for Corporate number and was told they only give out the 886 number, which does not recognize my impute. Two weeks ago I emailed corporate office of Synchrony Bank and have not received a response... At one time I loved this card, but since Synchrony took over the card, I have closed it out with plans of paying off the balance and it is not easy.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have often said I don't care how "GOOD" a store is... I REFUSE to pay a membership fee and/or annual fee to shop or use a credit card. Why do I need to pay exorbitant prices for the privilege of shopping in said stores like Sam's Club and Costco, when the bad far outweighs the good... I would have to travel almost an hour, one way, to get to either store... and credit card companies, heck no, I am NOT going to pay YOU to use your card, just because... you should be paying me every time I use it, since it is promoting your business... not to, even, mention the interest rates you charge for using it, that should be more than enough to cover ANY annual fee you charge.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Late in August, 2018, I foolishly purchased a set of Pirelli tires for my Toyota FJ Cruiser. When I was called to the tire department for the completed installation the 'mechanic' presented me with one of the lug studs off the driver's side front wheel. They had broken it during the installation. Things proceeded from there. To make this a bit shorter: It's obvious that the tire installers used an impact wrench to set the lug nuts on without regard to proper torquing of the nuts. It required two subsequent trips to a nearby Big O tire shop to have all 12 lug studs replaced on the two front wheels. All had been stretched by over-torquing. The shop told me that they observed that the front wheels were torqued to 120 ft-lbs. Recommended for the FJ is 80-90.

Two trips to Big O, a local alignment shop and another tire/maintenance shop in my town of Pueblo CO determined that not only had Sam's Club destroyed my car's lug studs, the tires were grossly under-inflated. Top inflation for the tires is 80 lbs; recommended for my use is 50 lbs. The tires were at about 32 lbs. All four tires were also improperly balanced. In total, I have spent $246.00 and about 12 hours personal time correcting the damage and incompetence of the Sam's Club tire dept. The only upside to the story is that the local Sam's Club did not question my request for recompensation for the $204 for the lug stud repair. I'm still out $42.00 for the balancing. Moral: DON'T LET SAM'S CLUB TOUCH YOUR CAR!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I went into the Sam's Club in San Bernardino California every other day looking for an item that was offered for in store pick up for 4 weeks. Got lied to and told that they were not going to carry the item and it was a mistake. Then the Bakery Manager Micheal told me it was a Labor Day Item Only and would be there only on September 3, 2018. I went down there and still nothing. I spoke to the Store Manager and he said he was going to email the Corporate Office and in a few days it would be removed. It has been a week now and it is still on there. If you check you can see it as of today. The Member Mark Colossal Cinnamon Roll (44 oz) Cinnamon Roll. Item #98065079|Model # PLU 29186. If they are not going to carry the item just take it off the site instead of lying to its members. Also the bakers' staff is so rude making comments about people being fat enough and shouldn't be eating stuff like that.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Such a horrible experience from initially placing the order, to receiving the order and just a NIGHTMARE trying to return!!! Before you order know that it is a process to return and you CANNOT return the item to the store. I’ve never received such horrible customer service before and never had an issue ordering anything online with Sam's Club; until this chair became the order NIGHTMARE! Chair is very uncomfortable and very narrow! Go buy a gaming chair elsewhere - maybe in person! So you can sit in it try it and such!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I received Sam's Club Home Collection advertising booklet/magazine today, went to the local store to look for 2 items that were advertised but they didn't have them, went home and searched for those 2 items on their online site (SamsClub.com) only to find out that they didn't have those 2 items at all. So deceiving, their advertising brochures are out of date, they should be taken to court for straight lying to their customers.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I was a Sam's member for 20 years and finally pulled the plug and joined Costco. Sam's gasoline price is very high compared to Costco, Sam's got unhealthy dog/cat food, with similar price Kirkland products are more healthy. Missing receipt is a nightmare in Sam's, Costco pulls up receipt from member's ID#. You can find more organic/natural products with similar or little bit more price in Costco but in Sam's zero and nada. Electronic products are cheaper in Costco than Sam's. I bought one laptop, the savings paid off Costco membership fee. Costco membership fee is $15 more than Sam's but service is 1000 times better than Sam's. In a word sadly Sam's Club is more profit oriented and not geared towards the consumers.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I am a avid shopper at Sam’s Club and I spend more money than what we every single time. I went today Sunday labor weekend to pick up my children’s favorite snacks. As I walking out the lady that takes receipts doesn’t take the 3 people in front and lets them walk out and then goes and stops me and asks for ours. She counts out items over 3 times then grabs my cart and tells me I cannot go anywhere and stands in front of me. I ask for my receipt and she said “NO” you cannot leave. She then continues to call for the manager. Mind you, I have NEVER stolen in my life. My husband and I work our butts off for our money. I ask for her to move and she continues to pull my cart from me. I am horrified about how I was treated and my husband recorded the entire thing and I am sending it to corporate.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

2 guys wandering around in bay/auto service. Entrance locked for customers, inside store stood twenty minutes along with a lady in front of me, who said she’d been waiting 30 minutes for someone to wait on her so she could purchase tires. I finally walked outside and around store by garage doors which were open. One guy started yelling at me that customers could not enter. I said, "Is anyone going to wait on customers," he ignored me and walked away. I reminded him that I was a customer and should be waited on, he said something under his breath and walked away. I walked around the outside of building and went to tire/auto desk, lady still waiting, finally leaving. I asked lady sitting by entrance to contact a manager and she said she couldn’t leave her post. Ridiculous. I left and plan on cancelling my Sam’s Card. Costco has never treated me like this. Totally unacceptable!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Sam's Club in Easley SC ruined the 4 rims on my Cadillac installing new tires - dents, scratches, scrapes. The store manager took pictures of the damage, agreed with the issue and sent pictures off. 2 weeks later I got a call from someone saying Sam's would not help compensate me for the damage. I called the number on the back of my Sam's preferred card asking for a manager to discuss. No manager available they would call me back. No call as of today. Sam's cannot ruin my rims and not pay for the damage!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I have RECORDED ALL CALLS FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN HEARING HOW INEPT SAM’S CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT IS. I’m a on my 10th call to Sam’s Club customer service re: this order. I have been disconnected twice, once by Alexis, and once by Sherry. I have been given MISINFORMATION SEVERAL TIMES and I have the recordings to prove everything I’m saying. It was our first order with Sam’s, we signed up online for a membership and paid. Then we placed an online order for a trampoline and the system took the Billing address as the Ship To address (even though I put the default address as the correct shipping address). I placed The ORIGINAL call to change the address 12 mins after the order was placed, the website clearly says “You have 1 hour to call and change the order before it’s too late.”

But according to the 1st rep (Eddy) and a Supervisor (Kendrick), since we paid $55 more and upgraded to the “better” Plus membership (like the computer said to do so we didn’t have to pay $35 shipping fees), “the system” automatically put the order into “order pending” and NO-ONE could change the order (including the shipping address) until it comes out of that status, so it was on me to call back AGAIN and get it changed before it was shipped to the wrong address. Of course at this point the funds are already on hold and that would take a few days to drop off if we cancelled and reordered. So I am now on my 10th call having to explain this over and over, one rep (Jeannie) not sure of the name b/c she was hard to understand, said, “Don’t worry it will probably ship to the right address since it’s the default address,” even though the system CLEARLY SHOWS THE SHIPPING ADDRESS IS INCORRECT.

Rep #7 Sherry at least gave me a REFERENCE number to use and said to call back after FedEx gets the package “IN THE HANDS” give that # and whoever I get on the phone will call FedEx and get it changed. NOT... I called back and got Jeannie or Jeanine who said she couldn’t do it tonight b/c FEDEX is closed (at 8pm), only after I told her I just got off the phone with them. She said she’d call and put me on hold for 14 mins, meanwhile I called FedEx and had them on the other line, and she never came back.

I finally hung up called Sam’s back and got Sierra who spoke with the FEDEX rep that I had gotten on the line, but said she had to call them directly with their acct number to change the address, it took her 4 Times to get the address correct then she Put me back on hold to CALL, so I get off with the FedEx rep and SIERRA comes back to say they wouldn’t do it. FEDEX WOULDN’T TAKE HER ACCOUNT NUMBER AND THE ADDRESS??? So I ask for another Supervisor and guess what? After being talked to in a completely condescending manner Andresia the supervisor tells me she can’t do it because she doesn’t even have the account number that Sierra just said they had. In all the calls NO OTHER REP EVER MENTIONED HAVING TO DO THIS.

I asked for Corporate and ANDRESIA the supervisor said “this is corporate...” Thank God I have nothing better to do after just moving in a new house, 6 states away than talk to unprofessional, ill trained people that have no interest in doing their jobs! Again I have recorded all calls for anyone interested in hearing what Horrible Customer Service Sounds Like.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have contacted my local Sam's Club to ask why they quit stocking Nonni's Biscottis. I have been told that Corporate make these decisions. They also told me to contact Corporate direct. I contacted Corporate and was told by them that the local Sam's Club takes care of these matters. This has to be the worse company that I have ever seen for customer service. I need to consider joining Costco in the future.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I placed a order for several products on July 31. After a week when nothing had arrived, I called customer service. The representative told me that the products had been damaged in shipping and were on their way back to Sam's Club. After almost an hour she successfully processed a replacement order which she said would be delivered on Friday 10th or Saturday August 11th. Finally on Monday 13th, 5 of the 6 products arrived. I logged onto Samsclub.com and discovered that the 6th product had had a label created but had never been handed over to FedEx. I called Sam's Club straight away and after a lengthy period of deteriorating conversation, the representative said that she would escalate the issue to a back office team.

I have just spent over an hour on the phone only to be told that I have to wait for the back office team to get around to working out why the product hasn't shipped and then rectify the issue. It is amazing how Samsclub.com didn't have to wait or lose any time in getting payment which they have had for over a week. It is also amazing how quickly they coax you into upgrading your membership to Premium. With Sam's Club, life is a one-way street, their way. Whatever you do, DO NOT do business with this incompetent and mismanaged organization. At this stage, I would have to rate their activities as FRAUD.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I ordered a TV from Sam's online and it was to be delivered today. The truck had the wrong TV so I called customer service and they told me that they had knowingly sent a different TV because the one I ordered was out of stock (listed for $300 less than the item I ordered). I received no calls prior to the delivery. They just sent me the wrong item and I guess hoped because it was a bigger brand name that I would be pleased with it, despite it being a much inferior product. I have never had any experience this poor ordering items online. They offered a refund and nothing else at the end of all of this. This could have been handled the day after the order had they just called me.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I hope this message finds you and your family well. I am reaching out to you because I am in a state of confusion after working with Sam's Club Credit Card division. I have heard great things about you and I have been a member of your company for the past 4 years and have recommended your services to countless small businesses. I am requesting your assistance as this event is not what I have come to expect in terms of quality and outcome from your company's products. I'm hoping we can work together to resolve this as amicable as possible.

Here is the data: I most recently paid 90% of my balance. In response, Sam's Club credit reduced my available credit by 75% negatively impacting my credit score. I understand that there are automated processes in place that can cause these things, I thought that surely this is a mistake, In response, I called and eventually spoke with a Supervisor, all standard procedure. The final response was "I'm sorry and there is nothing I can do."

As a businessman who sits on the boards of various non-profits / for-profits of which include a chamber of commerce and other small business focused organizations, I am concerned. I am concerned that the companies that I have recommended a bad product to my colleagues, friends, and family. My life's work is to put communities and small businesses in the best possible position to succeed based on my past experience and expertise. I am no longer I can champion Sam's Club as a quality product. From your reputation with support of Small businesses, I have great hope that this situation is not standard procedure and that we can work together to resolve this issues.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

On 10/7/2017, I purchased 4 new tires at club 18-8160. Now, about 10 months later, I went to a different Sam's club near my home (club 06651), and they said that my vehicle is too rusty to safely lift the vehicle to rotate the tires. Sam's club won't to stand behind their poor decision to install 90,000 mile warranty tires on a car that won't be able to get one tenth of the mileage warranty. If they would have told me that my vehicle was too rusty, I wouldn't have purchased new tires. Sam's won't reimburse me for any of my out-of-pocket expenses. It looks like Sam's just wants to make the sale, and forget about the customer.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Bought a Diamond ring for my wife with a 7 year warranty in 2013. Now in 2018, it needs a repair, but since I don't have my transaction number (I have everything else though) I'm being told that there's nothing that can be done. Feeling ripped off.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My account was in good standing. They allowed an unauthorized user to cancel my account and then they confiscated my cash back. I was the cardholder and they refused to give me my cash back under any circumstances. Customer service is terrible and most communication was bad at best.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I paid $200 for a battery and tire rotation. When I went to pick up car the power steering was disabled because the connection to the battery was broken by a Sam’s employee. Now I have to bring it to a repair shop, miss work and out of more money. The Sam’s manager says they will reimburse me up to $250 of the cost, then I need to go through their insurance department. Well I paid for the battery and could not move my car, So why do I need to wait for the insurance department? The repair bill should be paid in full as I give it to them. I am also out of transportation for who knows how long until it is fixed.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have a complaint about action of local manager Athens, GA. Over the last two months I sent 4 emails to "Sam's Club Help Center". I received an incident number: ** and there was no follow up. I feel that we are treated badly by Sam's. We are a member for over 10 years with more than $70,000 in sales. Please bring this issue up to CEO; Your Sam's Club Help Center is ineffective and is probably in need of an internal review and management replacement.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The nearest Sam's is thirty minutes from me. It was advertised as the best place to buy in bulk for a family. I saved money at my local place (Kroger) but wasted money on the membership and the lack of sale items. Why would anyone spend $45 a year on a membership to something that has high prices? Used my card once. I wish I could get my money back. Frozen bulk vegetables are twice as high as any other place near me, it's over crowded, most of the clothing is poor quality. I'm chalking it up to a bad decision that I'll never repeat.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Dealing with Samsclub.com has been a nightmare! We ordered a sectional and 4 mattresses which were suppose to be 2 day shipping but because items were not in stock it was going to take up to a month to receive so I cancelled my order. The lady from Sam's Club said, "It wouldn't be a problem," that nothing had left the warehouse (because it wasn't in stock) and I would receive my refund of $1400 within 3 to 5 business days. On the 3rd day instead of getting my refund I start receiving the mattresses and bed frames that I had cancelled. I called Sam's Club to inform them (which they were unaware of) at which point they start holding my money until they receive all of their merchandise back. The merchandise they didn't even know they were sending me. I have called Sam's Club 16 times now to try and resolve this problem (and it has became a big problem.)

We are a working class family, $1400 is a lot of money to us for Sam's Club to be holding hostage till they can figure out their mistake. It has now been a month and I still don't have my $1400. FedEx will drop off boxes and say they only have 1 label and can only pick up one package. I call Sam's, Sam's is suppose to have it worked out with FedEx, couple of days later, same thing. As of last Friday, the last 16 people I had talked to I guess forgot to put my account in the "automatic refund category" so I can get my money back. I am now waiting AGAIN 3 to 5 business days to see my refund. They have received all of their merchandise as of last week. YET I STILL DONT HAVE MY MONEY! They took my funds hostage and made my family suffer because of their own mistake!!! I will never shop Sam's Club again!

Original review: July 7, 2018

Ordered 4 tires during Sam's 4th of July sale online. Not given the opportunity to pay online when ordering, just said I would be contacted when the tires were received at my local store. My tires arrived a couple of days later after the sale had ended. Went to store for installation and was told I had to pay full price because the tires had to be paid for during the sale not just ordered. At no time during the ordering process was this indicated, but on the receipt that I printed after ordering there was a statement in fine print that said it needed to be paid during the promotion. Why would I be able to order tires online and then have to go to the store to pay and then have to go back to the store for installation when the tires arrived? Totally deceptive practice.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Don't bother with free Plus Member shipping. It may seem like a great idea to use your free plus member benefit and have items shipped... it isn't a great idea. Head to the store or use someone with experience like Amazon. I ordered 3 items recently and chose to have them shipped because I didn't need them for a week or so. When the box showed up only one of my items was inside. The box said it weighed 24.85 but when I picked it up from FedEx it weighed 3.70 pounds. They also tried to tell me that three large items fit inside a 13x11x8 box. One item fit inside. Dealing with their chat to get my items or a refund was absolutely horrible and ridiculous. Them telling me that they would refund the items as a "courtesy" and implying that I really did receive them is horrible customer service.

I offered pictures showing only one item fit in the box that included the tracking label visible in the photo but they aren't actually set up to receive anything logical like proof. They just want to make you feel like you are trying to get one over on Sam's Club. I'm including a picture (without tracking because my address is on it) to show that they tried to convince me that I really did receive a the 4 pack of Ziplocs in the box as well as a 24 pack of 5 hour energy drinks and a 225 ounce bottle of Persil laundry detergent. Where would the other two items even have fit in that box?

Original review: July 2, 2018

Store manager did not let me return an iPad Pro because she did not understand her own return policy and she insisted iPads were cellular devices that needed to be returned within 14 days. (This iPad was not a cellular device and could be returned within 90 days.) Despite all my efforts to explain to her, she kept ignoring me and going to the next customer, which was really rude especially considering how polite I was being.

Anyway, went home and talked to Sam's Club corporate. They confirmed that I was right and she was wrong and told me to return it. I said I tried and she's refusing. So they sent me a return label to ship it to them instead, which I did immediately. However, they simply kept the device and never gave me my money back. I called and called, and emailed a million times. All I keep getting back is that they will escalate the issue and someone would get back to me. But the person who gets back to me answers something that has nothing to do with my returned item or refund. They either talk about another item that is unrelated, or they tell me that the other unrelated item has already been refunded.

Finally got someone who understood what I was saying. He told me to go to the store for a refund and to show them the proof (which he attached) that they have received the iPad and to give me the refund. The store said they couldn't refund without the item... which I no longer have because I sent it to Sam's. This has been going on for 3 months. I don't understand how no one is able to simply issue me the freaking refund even though they can see that the item has been returned? It's $1000 we're talking about. If an employee is reading this please contact me on how to get my money back!

Original review: July 2, 2018

Bought ground beef & the package weight said 5lbs 12 ounces. When I got home and divided into portions for the freezer the weight was 4lbs 12 ounces. I have a very reliable scale so I know this was correct. Called the meat department & they could care less. Basically told me their scale is correct. Made no effort to make it right.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have bought 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab As from Sam's Club and 3 of them have been defective. Twice there were verticle lines on the displays and one drops the internet connection and has to be restarted 5 or 10 times a day. Based on this, I believe that Sam's Club is selling factory seconds. Another tablet from a different source does not have either of these problems.

Original review: June 17, 2018

At Sam's Club, sat down after cleaning table off with hand sanitizer out of my own bottle and napkins watching supervisor with Karen at a dirty table also talking about personal life. Food was greasy and uncooked. Tea was old and lemonade was water. Both me and my daughter got sick an hour later. Jodi manager for corporate needs to come and get better management for Lincoln NE South Sam's. Pizza was limp. I have never been there and it was this bad and all this on Father's Day even 6/17/2018. I asked 1 team member why it was so bad and poor guy said it's been getting worse since last year.

Sam's Club Company Information