Sam's Club

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Ordered a trampoline for a Christmas present for our kids in December. We go to set up in March after the snow thaw and notice we have box 1 of 2 and box 1 of 2 so we call Sam's customer service. We are told they cannot send just box 2 of 2 and return one of the boxes have to do a return then refund then we would re-order and they would price match the original order and free shipping like original order. Fed Ex came to our house 4 times attempting to pick up the item each time they did not have a return address or label. When we called Sam's each time after the attempt we are told they arranged pick up with FedEx and they have address and they rescheduled pickup.

Finally got it picked up call for my refund. Told it will take 3-5 days never received it. Told we would get a call from a manual refund department. Never got a call. 3 weeks later still no refund. I called at least 15 times and spoke to multiple supervisors, received emails, no results. I tried to do a chargeback with Visa and was told it was more than 90 days can't do it. I gave up on waiting for refund and just re-ordered product.

Ordered trampoline again online and called to get the price match and free shipping was told they don't see in the notes. I gave them reference numbers and offered copies of emails was hung up on twice waiting to talk to supervisor. Went to store to talk to manager about the issue and see if they knew someone at corporate to talk to about this and get something done, they listened and were nice but nothing was done and was not called back. We got new order today and it was box 2 of 2 and box 2 of 2 refused shipment. I called got a replacement for this and is supposed to be on its way.

I know some people will read this and ask why did I even reorder from them? Because I have not received my original refund and cannot dispute the charge because it was too long ago. I ordered a new one so we could get the product we originally paid for and then I will do a dispute chargeback on the new order. That is my reason I am more than willing to pay for product I ordered at the original price as it stands right now. I have paid for 2 trampolines now and have none.

I cannot believe they don't have some department/supervisor that will just take ownership of these issues that they have obviously screwed up on. Sam's should be taking the initiative and calling me to make sure everything is being done that they have promised. I should not have to call in give a reference number have a rep look through all the notes to understand what is going on. Get a supervisor. It takes forever and I have called in multiple times. Ridiculously POOR customer service follow up. I have order #'s emails etc... I am not going to leave on here because I am a new user and leery of leaving too much information.

I called customer service. Was put on hold for more than half an hour, and then once I was able to get a hold of a customer service representative and was able to ask her my question, she puts me on hold again for another fifteen minutes and then hangs up on me. Rude and a waste of my time.

For the last couple of months I have been trying to resolve an issue with my Sam's Club Android pharmacy refill app. While over the years most of my experience with Sam's Club, their products and apps have been quite favorable. I have one annoying problem. I choose to refill my prescriptions using their pharmacy refill app (Android) by scanning the UPC code on my prescription. Unfortunately it never works for any of my prescriptions. I can refill with their app if I manually enter the prescription number but I prefer to scan it as I have before with other pharmacies. Over the past couple of months I've talked, called and emailed trying, if not to get it fixed, at least some confirmation that the problem exists.

My answers have been from "I didn't know that prescription refills could be scanned" (local pharmacy personnel), "Is it possible that you need a photo id for your prescription?", to just no response at all. I believe I have given them a simple, complete explanation (multiple times) of the problem I am experiencing. All I ask for is a response that they have looked at the issue and agree that there is or is not an issue, and if there is that they hope to have it resolved with their next software update. As I tried to politely explain, I have 20 years experience in retail pharmacy programming (retired now) and partially diagnosed the issue I am having. I want no compensation of any kind. I just would like to scan my refills since that option is given to me. My results 'nada'.

Purchased these tires 2016 and had more problems than I've EVER had with tires. Less than 25k miles and a blowout the side of the rear tire. Air pressure a constant problem. Not to mention they were over inflating the tires. And I had my pressure light keep coming on only to see Sam's had put the hub cap on the tire stem trapping it! I've been back in this store too many times for these tires. They ride horrible. I fear another blowout. My first AND LAST SET I WILL EVER BUY. They need a recall!

I ordered flowers for my wedding from Sam's Club. The day before the wedding only 2 of the 3 boxes of flowers arrived. I really tried not to panic and remain calm. Even after spending almost 2 hours on the phone sitting on hold trying to find some answers. They finally found my 3rd box in Nashville (I live in Pittsburgh) and I asked what I could do. The woman I spoke to said they could try to get the box to me by the next day (day of the wedding) but could not guarantee it. The box contained all of our corsages and boutonnieres.

I explained to the woman at customer service that I could not wait until the day of the wedding to know whether or not I needed to make 8 of each. She said she understood and that I would not be charged for that one box. I did tell her the other boxes of flowers were beautiful and I was fine with that. Some of my family, friends and I ran to the store (again the day before the wedding) and bought flowers, clips, pins, floral tape etc and make everything we needed.

The day of the wedding the box did arrive shortly before we left for church. The flowers were all brown. I understand that probably happened due to the extra shipping time but was SO relieved that we made what we needed the day before. I came home from my honeymoon and saw my credit card bill and that I WAS charged for all 3 boxes. The box in question was $120.00. I called Sam's Club and explained what happened. They told me I had to email my complaint. I sent a detailed email explaining everything and the response I got was "We need a picture of the flowers". I said why would I take pictures of dead flowers that I was told I wasn't being charged for anyways? I did have a few things going on that day and the last thing I was thinking of was the flowers.

I received another email back saying that they never offer refunds without a picture, but they'd be happy to reimburse me for the supplies I had to buy to make my own if I have a receipt. Again, I explained to this person that I did not have pictures, nor did I save the receipt when I didn't think I was being charged for the missing box.

I received another email that basically said they do not offer refunds without pictures and I stated (yet again) that I shouldn't be asking for a refund. I should have never been charged in the first place! I received the same email (obviously tank responses from Customer Service) and I informed them that I would be contacting my attorney. What could have been an easily remedied situation was made out like I did something wrong! If the flowers had been delivered when they should have been or if I wasn't charged for the missing box, I would have been completely fine. Even with having to sit for hours on the phone then running around town for supplies to make my own. It was awful how I was treated and I know that I will never step foot in a Sam's Club again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

PURCHASED A TV. Didn't notice it was only HD and wanted to purchase a smart one so I take it back. Here comes electronic rep and checks everything is fine but forgot the instructions so he hand it back to but hits a monitor when handing it back. I didn't look at it that day when I go back with the instructions, of course, they have to check it again. THE REP BROKE IT WHEN HE Handed it back to me and now they won't my money back even after they saw the surveillance. The supervisor was joke. Erick no good. He was a sorry human being. Such a bad experience. I'm going back to Costco where I never had a problem and they valued their members.

Nowhere during the ordering of the furniture was it stated that the delivery would only be to a "garage" and that you could not open the boxes unless you agreed to ownership. We were under the impression that the boxes would be opened for inspection, that the delivery charges would include bringing the furniture inside the house. The drivers said NO, that they were only responsible for dropping off the boxed furniture. That is pure stupidity to expect someone to accept a delivery and not be able to inspect the furniture before the drivers left. We did not sign for the furniture, and the order went back. Sam's just lost business on this deal... either your policy needs to change or the delivery people need to be changed... that is Sam's problem now.

I typically buy my K-cup coffee pods at Sam's Club - There are only 2 brands that I buy - 8 o'clock, and Folgers, both of which are sold for a good price. Since I was running low and there was no stock in my local clubs I decided to place an online order, thinking that this will be a good test to see if online ordering is any better than physically going to the store full of inept employees. I placed the order on May 30, 2017. My order confirmation indicates that I should receive it between June 2 and June 6th.

As of today (June 6th) my order has not been shipped. I contacted Sam's customer service on June 2nd to find out when my order will ship. All the woman on the other end of the phone could do is read to me what I was seeing online. When I asked WHEN my order will ship, she had no idea. So today is the last straw. If, by the time I receive my daily mail from the post office, my order has not shipped, I will not only cancel the order, but I will also close my charge account and cancel my membership.

I stopped shopping at Walmart because of a) Disorganized/messy stores, b) Rude employees, c) Rude customers, and inept management. I've been a Sam's Club customer for 17 years and over the past 5, the employees are turning out to be just as rude/crude as Walmart employees! Additionally, the other customers in the store are about as ignorant as an immigrant on his first day in America. They walk right in front of you & cut you off as you walk down an aisle - And I mean RIGHT in front of you. They never say, "Excuse me"' or apologize - And yes, the employees do the same thing! After this online ordering experience, I will never step foot in a Sam's Club again and I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I ordered Patio Furniture online for a special event this weekend, June 3rd. I placed the order on May 16th, which was in stock. The order showed processed and shipped that day with a delivery date of 5-30 to 6-2. I thought, ok, kind of a long time but it's under the wire. A half month later and no merchandise. I was tracking the shipment which went from Virginia to New Jersey to a local delivery company in Ohio for shipment to Pittsburgh. (This is patio furniture, not flat Stanley.) Luckily... I happened noticed on the website to call to schedule a delivery if no phone call was received in 24 hours. No notification, no email... nothing. Just a new message in the tracking website. What a poor process.

Needless to say, I had to call. I was then told that the delivery schedule was full and the soonest I could get my delivery was June 7th or 8th. The furniture was for a surprise party for my wife's birthday... June 3rd! Guess who is not getting a gift and will be host to a party on an empty deck. I guess we could turn it into a dance party and dance on the deck... LAME. I called to try and reason with the delivery company who told me it wasn't their concern and to contact Sam's club. I even offered to drive the 2 hours to pick it up from the warehouse myself... nope! Sorry that's not how the process works. The individual was extremely rude with zero customer service skills.

My next call was to Sam's help line. I was told that once the merchandise leaves their warehouse they have no control over the delivery. Wait... WHAT?? This is YOUR process. This is YOUR vendor. YOU hired them to fulfill deliveries and you take no ownership. Wow!! That's pretty convenient. After repeated calls to the help center, with no feedback or return calls, my last attempt was to get a supervisor. I thought we had an agreement worked out, however 24 hours later, crickets... again.

This is the absolute worst customer service experience I have encountered. I will think long and hard about ordering from SAM's club online. Why should I. I can get better customer service, faster delivery and oh yes, FREE DELIVERY from Wayfair.com. I paid close to 300.00 for shipping, and poor shipping at that. If I could give minus points for satisfaction I would. One star is way too generous. Let me just state once again... worst customer service experience ever. EXTREMELY unhappy with SAM's club online and their poor delivery process and attention to customer retention. Many thanks Sam's Club for ruining a special surprise.

I recently relocated to Orlando from the Caribbean. After hearing so many good things about Sam's Club, I decided to get a membership with them. Unfortunately, the customer service was far from what I expected. Upon check out, the cashier came across a an item that did not had a price on it. Apparently, the item had to be weighed. The price per lbs was $2.68. For whatever reason, the item could not be weighed at check out. She called a supervisor for advice. Unfortunately, the supervisor was in the same position as the cashier.

While I waited in line, the supervisor came to me and said she will sell me the meat for $20. I looked at her as if she was out in space. Clearly, the meat was not worth that amount, which I told her. She then said, okay, how about I sell it to you for $15. I felt insulted once again. I told her Walmart sells the ham for less than that. I gave them back the meat and left. I wanted to get everything at one spot, as a result of their incompetence, I had to waste my time to go into a different supermarket and wait in another line. After this experience, I am thinking really hard if I should shop/recommend Sam's Club to any friends or family.

Received the wrong medication for my wife's heart condition. I would understand if the prescription was handwritten, but this was sent electronically. Wrong medication at incorrect dose. I looked up what it was and it was for lowering blood pressure so I gave it to her as I did not have the script from her Doctor. Later had to call 911 and get her to the hospital, firefighters actually said they were scared because her BP was through the roof and could see her chest pumping. At the hospital they diagnosed the condition, with several procedures, even restarting her heart to try to get to a normal rhythm and BP. Finally found the meds were exactly opposite of what she needed that Sam's Pharmacy had given us. Thankfully she has now made a full recovery but we are stuck with the bill. Good thing she is still in her 20s so she didn't have a stroke with her BP off the chart. Thanks Sam's for almost killing my wife.

Terrible Ordering Process. I ordered this item and upon receiving shipping confirmation, we threw out our original mattress and box springs. When the product was delivered only one piece of it was dropped off at our residence, when contacting Sam's Club about the other two pieces we are advised that we would have the replacement within 5 days. We still have not yet received the replacement for this product and Sam's Club advised us that this was on back order and they could not issue a refund to my credit card because the vendor Zinus, had to release the funds for my purchase on Sam's Club.

It has now been close to two weeks. Still no bed. I have contacted Sam's Club multiple times and when reaching out to Zinus they do not answer the phone and the customer service is to leave a voicemail. Sam's Club advice that they cannot cancel my order and Zinus, the manufacturer of the product stated that they had sent it sent it to FedEx and FedEx advise me they have never received it. Sam's Club will not intervene and the 1800 customer service number is worthless. I have called close to eight times and I get a different story each time I have called. I will be going to Costco and canceling my Sam's Club membership. Also I would never order a Zinus mattress again.

I was told on multiple occasions by phone and in person that a particular prescription would be $60 before my Sam's plus membership discount. I have them fill it and it's $305 for 12 pills which is what my prescription called for. They acted like they didn't know where I got the $60 amount from until I went to the store to complain and a young girl working told me that was an old price not updated. They told me it costs them $300 for 25 pills and they are charging me $305. They mess up and they need to fix it.

I ordered 2 large cans of Folgers coffee online. I never thought of looking at the date on the cans. The coffee had the most horrible taste. I smelled my half & half. I was good. My bun is only 3 months old. So I washed my coffee pot out good. Same thing. Then I noticed Sam's club stickers on the lids. It was a long code, & right under it said expired 10 of 16. I paid over $5 for shipping alone. 4 days later I still don't have the replacement. By the way I am a member. I just checked online today & they charged me again. WATCH YOUR EXPIRE DATE. I can't believe people ignore the dates. Where is the managers? I will not renew my membership next month.

I purchased a wicker patio set in 2013 and was sold on the fact that it was warrantied for 7 years from the date of purchase. We used this beautiful set in our high-rise apartment on a shaded balcony. We moved into our home in 2015 and we kept it on our side patio and rarely used it. I kept it clean by following manufacturer's cleaning guideline and it looked good. Last March 2017, I went to move one of the chairs to another part of the patio and the wicker simply broke with the touch of my fingers. I looked and all the other pieces were starting to break and it looked terrible.

I went to the Sam's location by my home and was told to call customer service since they only keep records for two years. They were not very nice but I simply smiled and left. Trying to get a hold of someone in customer service was the most awful experience in my life. Long story short, I was told that since I did not have a receipt that I could not return it. I showed them all the labels clearly showing a SKU number and Sam's logo but that was not sufficient enough. I then got on a mission to have them print my last four years' purchase history. Once again, they sent me the wrong information when I specifically asked for what I needed.

After over a month and almost 27 hours of phone calls, emails and now this, my issue has not been resolved. They tell me I had a different card and that I need to provide them that number. I thought they had all of that since I upgraded to a better account! Sam's Club prides itself on customer service but I can honestly say they are awful and I have not renewed my membership and will not be doing so in the near future. I don't think they have any intention of exchanging or refunding my money and I am just another angry customer to them. I never got a phone call as I have asked to speak to a supervisor to no avail. My next step is to file a complaint with the BBB and Attorney General.

Understaffed and dishonest both technician and self insurance dept. They damaged my newly painted rims and lied about doing it and sent me to a sewerage department that lied about damage even though I had pictures. After 10 years of shopping I will never buy anything from Sam's Club again.

The Out-of-Pocket Rx for Sam's Plus members pays for itself. I just wish the pharmacy had evening and Sunday hours. I highly recommend our local Sam's Club pharmacy.

My out-of-pocket cost is very fair. Also, being a Sam's Club Plus member really helps and the Rx savings paid for that extra membership cost in one month. I would like the pharmacy to have later evening hours and Sunday hours.

Upon receipt of this order I found the products to be of extreme poor quality, mushy, rotten, and some dead. Before I had a chance to return them, my husband, unknowing about the quality, planted them as a surprise. I understand that it is my fault that I did not return them or let him know my intentions. I want to register my dissatisfaction with these products and let Sam's know that I will not purchase these from them again, even though I have for the past several years.:(

I bought a pair of sterling silver earrings in Tallahassee Florida at Sam's Club. I love those earrings though unfortunately they both broke at the post. I went into Sam's and was told that they do not repair. I took him to a jeweler and have them repaired and unfortunately the metal that they used to make the post I am allergic to. I called Sam's Tallahassee 5 times for the jewelry department there was no answer. I called for the manager after being on hold for 11 minutes and 28 seconds he (John-new mgr) never came to the phone. I then asked the customer service rep to give me the number to file a complaint, she gave me the one 800.

After being on hold nearly nine minutes, Walmart told me that I had to call Sam's 888 number to file a complaint. I called Sam's, they told me I had to go back to the store where I purchased the earrings. During our brief conversation, the Sam's Club representative at the 888 number if I checked to see if any other Sam's had the earrings, yes, I've driven to Valdosta Georgia, Pensacola Florida, Mobile Alabama, Loganville Georgia, Albany Georgia, and Tallahassee Florida no one has these earrings. (Whenever I travel I stop at Sam's to try and find these earrings).

I really like these earrings and I would like to have them repaired with the correct metal for the post. Though, I am very upset over the runaround I have received from Sam's Tallahassee Florida. I think a customer service stinks. I left at one time and went to Costco, but because I really like Sam's I transferred back to Sam's. This time when I leave Sam's I will not return and I will also share this with other members that also have complaints with Sam's, about the awful customer service. Sam's Club you need to make this right! Look at all the complaints you are receiving... SHAME ON YOU!

Date 4-14-17. Tire and battery department. Bought tires there. Got the package that has rotation service BUT every time you to this store there never is an attendant. You make appointment. When you show up they tell you you have to wait over 3 hrs. This has happened to me every time I come to the store at least 3 times. Do not recommend Sam's club for tires due to their horrible service. Costco will be my new club store.

I recently discovered over $25,000 worth of fraudulent purchases at Sam's Club from my BUSINESS checking account. The charges were ACH charges, NOT credit card. I called my financial institution immediately as there was another pending change that same day. My next call was to Sam's Club... I've received the run around before but this was insane. I felt like I was the criminal! After numerous phone calls and being put on hold I was told to go online and complete an application of sorts to be able to POSSIBLY obtain information on the person that created the account and their membership information in order to stop further charges. WHAT??? The application asks for notarized documents, a signed police report, sworn affidavit, etc...

With all the reports of fraud I'm seeing online with Wal-Mart AND Sam's Club, they need to have their own fraud hotline. Fortunately, my financial institution will be refunding my account with the fraudulent charges, however, this still does not resolve the issue with this person and their membership connected to my account. Sam's Club... if you read this, I am not a member of your organization and I never will be. I'll take my business elsewhere!

I purchased a ps4 VR from Sams Club online using the trial membership. The purchase was complete and the amount was deducted. At the same moment I see my order had been canceled. Why? A bug in their system created the trial for an year back. I mailed them for refund and didn't get any response. I called them 2 times to get an assurance that it will be refunded in 3-5 days. Been 10 days and I am yet to get any follow up or refund. Sam's club you still owe me $600.

Ordered a bistro patio three piece chair and table set online. Received one big box to be put together which was expected till I found no nuts and bolts (hardware). After cutting box apart to open and checking carefully I called customer service. They wanted me to send entire set back and they would ship another. Well that was near impossible since box was cut up and I'd have to wait another week. Even if they paid all shipping, how would I know next box had hardware? I told them I just needed the parts shipped. Well then I was told it was out of stock and they would need call manufacturer in California. I then was send paperwork I should have had but didn't via email and had to pick which parts I needed. Well now it's weekend so waiting till Tuesday for reply. Told parts finally were shipped, yup from China. Now I will be waiting another week.

They did not have set in local Sam's Club, but did have a bigger set with same chairs, which I'm sure they had other sets in Sam's warehouse. Rather than open another box and pull parts they are making me wait. That's the first and last time I will order anything online from Sam's. Had this set not been exactly what I wanted. I would have hauled it to local store and got my $400 back. Terrible customer sat/service.

I had a medical walker sent to my Aunt in Ohio. I spoke with customer service rep (Claudia) first, but she did not have any decision making authority so I asked for her supervisor, Charmel who basically put the burden of the return of the item on myself and the Assisted Living facility. I am located in a completely different state. They agreed I had done everything right with the order and were not sure why the error occurred on their end. My elderly Aunt needs the walker to travel to see me in less than a week and a half. They would not allow the correct walker to be sent to my home and have me return the wrong order when she arrives. They said it was a system thing and they could not change the delivery process. But I can bet that if a Sam's Club Executive had the same problem they would quickly rectify the issue.

Additionally I was told by Charmel that she had escalated the matter to the next level on March 30, 2017 and she said someone would contact me. However, it's been 7 days and no one has contacted me to date. In my opinion, Sam's Club is purposefully choosing not to deal with this matter and most likely will never contact me as promised by Charmel. I see Sam's Club as a corporate giant who ignores its patrons and who deliberately chooses not to do the right thing. Perhaps a misuse of power.

In my call I repeated that I was in another state and this was a Sam's club error, but they basically put the burden on my plate. The Assisted Living center does not have the manpower to handle this and my Aunt would never receive the correct walker in time for her trip. In addition they needed time to train her on how to use the walker before her travels (she is 85). Why does Sam's Club think I can make it happen from several states away? I just want the correct walker shipped to my home address and I will return the wrong item. Please can someone listen to the recorded message from March 30. I was on the line for over one hour with no resolution. Sam's Club gets an A+ for incompetence.

I bought a deep freezer and when it came damage I returned. They sent other one out. It was also damage. I was told there was nothing they could do for me because I was not a member. Very very poor customer service. I wouldn't buy from them again or recommend anyone to.

I've had an account for a short time and in those few months Sam's Club has closed my account and ruined my credit twice because they say I have my Banking info wrong so the payment I made got rejected. I even tried going to a Sam's Club store and making a payment and that was declined twice. Needless to say I'm done with that crap company and trying Costco. Sam's Club told me if I wanted my account reinstated I would have to make another payment lol. Bye Sam's Club.

Never got my product (Pace Picts sauce 128 ounces). I ordered it online. I am suppose to pick it up at the store. I still have yet to get an e-mail confirmation that it is there. But they had no problem taking my money. I have sent complaints to them via their app and e-mail. In both cases no reply. Last time I buy from them online...

I purchased tires at Sam's Club in 2015. I went back today 3/10/17 to get another set, the tread was low on my current set. I asked about the warranty and was told there was not one. When I purchased I compared a couple sets and chose the Pirelli Nero GTs because the tire guy said better warranty. Now no warranty? Pretty shady deal at Sam's Club Tire shop. I complained via email. We'll see if that gets me anywhere. I can always try the news station too, doubt if I'm the only one they scammed.

I received my bill for February around January 20th. It was $248 minimum and $173 past due on 1/27/17. I tried to make automatic payment but I was not able because they blocked my account so I was connected to a customer service. The lady accepted a payment for $173 which was the past due amount and reminded me that I still have $95 due till my due date which is 2/9/17. I made automatic payment on 2/9/17 for $95. So these two payments should have fix all the past due problem. But no. I received another bill that is due on 3/9/17 and it is again showing the past due amount of $153 and minimum payment for $225. Called the customer service. I am pretty sure that was the same lady that last time she was nice at first but as soon am I told her the problem she started to be rude and lift her voice at me.

I tried to explain to her that have made two payments and told her the dates and was asking why my first payment would show on my account she tell me that I have not made any other payments except for the $95. My bank account shows both payments were cleared. And this is not the first time that this had happened. Now I have to go to my bank and ask them to print out all my payments that I have made to Sam's Club in the past few years so I can check how many times they have stolen from me. Both for me and my husband's credit card. I will take this to fort if I need to. They have cost me too much nerves and money. The customer service lady was very very rude. I asked her to look at previous recordings because when I called on 1/27\17 they told me that this conversation is being recorded so they payment should have been recorded too. She refused to do so.

Sam's Club Company Profile