1.29/5

831 Sam's Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 13, 2019

Sam's Club closed most of the stores in NJ. For getting the cash back Sam's Club forces to go to a store and renew your membership which you would not be using because you do not have any stores close by.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The tires I bought a sam's club never held air. I was constantly going back to have them checked. The only reply I would get is it is due to the weather. Please... I have had many tires in my life and never this much trouble. Needless to say they wore out in record time. Save yourself from stress and go anywhere else. Terrible service and even worse tires.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have had three accounts (Sam's Club, Gaps and Amazon) credit limits raised then suddenly lowered and then closed without notice or correspondence. Since I review my monthly statements, I noticed this trend only on my Synchrony accounts. My hardest hit account is my Sam's Club account. Synchrony raised my credit limit from 1000 to 3000 then suddenly lowered it to 1800 without notifying me. Since the outstanding balance was already over 1800. I was charge a over limit fees. When I made a payment that was well above the minimum payment amount. Synchrony lowered my limit again. This continued on for three months.

Each time Synchrony charge me a over limit fees, which has ruined my credit. I continue to make payments to avoid the over limit fees, but Synchrony continue to lower the max limit right below the outstanding balance and charge me an over limit fee. This trend appeared on my Gaps and Amazon accounts as well. When I called Synchrony to get an explanation. The agent told me Synchrony has closed my accounts and sent them to collection. When attempting to settle my debt with the collection department. The collection agent told me I will need to pay $9,000 to settle my debt. My original outstanding debt was $3,000. It is impossible to pay this debt back. I paid all my payments on time, never was late and usually paid over the minimum. Now, I am being harassed by Synchrony collection bank. Synchrony will not allow me to pay off my original amount until I pay off all their fees. Consumers beware!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Went to Sam's Club to buy Samsung Galaxy S10+. Byron was excellent sales associate. Had phone shown to be defective. Called cell phone service provider. They had told me about the phones had glitches and that I should take it back to store. So I drove to Sam's Club. From minute one sales associates were no help. 1st I had to wait for associate to get back from break. He then tried to put responsibility on the service provider then said the 14 days had run up but when I showed my contract to him with 30/14 day contract. He said he'd go talk to another Sam's Club associate. Came back. Said I could only deactivate phone. After talking to him for a bit he called Byron head of the wireless. They looked through the PC thru facetime and I even seen the extension on 14 day warranty.

Byron told him he would call the wireless distributor. They said they instructed him to go to corporate provider store. For exchange defective phone. I said, "Well let's just deactivate phone then which was stated that my contract would be able to do". And then the sales associate. Told me I could even do that. I asked to speak to another sales associate then another gentleman came over. Said it's a manufacturer's problem. I needed to contact Samsung. I stated that the phone was defective and asked if they could even help. They wouldn't stand behind something they sold even within contract details. They were polite in telling me "Your problem not mine." Worst experience with Sam's Club ever.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My husband and I went to Sam's for eyeglasses. We have been members for over 20 years. The woman in the dept. never got out of her chair. When I mentioned to my husband that she would help us once he chose some frames, she commented "If you're happy with them, I am". She did not help with the choice. She did fit the lens according to his prescription. She waited on him again when he picked them up. She did not fit the glasses to his face. She was no more helpful than a cashier. They were lopsided and the bows were not adjusted to his ears. He went to another optical store near our home to get them adjusted- but then ended up returning them to Sam's. The man at the optical dept. was gracious about his returning them. We will not attempt to purchase glasses there again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have tried to get my rewards several times. First at the checkout, mid month March 2019. Then today 1 April 2019, chatted with my Sam's Club account verifying both amount due on credit card & my reward amount. I even asked about how to get my rewards, this morning. The response was Customer Service. Today before noon, I go in & want to get the rewards to apply to my bill. I was told that I had the wrong credit card with the wrong expiration date (2/21). That my rewards was put on another card with a longer expiration date. How odd? First this current card was issued in May, 2019. Second, never was there any mention of this before by anyone. Third, I do not have another card. Sam's Club is customers inconvenienced & MISLED & MISINFORMATION EVEN WHEN ASKED. Don't be an April fool 2019, JOIN COSTCO instead.

Original review: March 29, 2019

There was only one cashier at the check out at 7 am. The girl was nice not rude about that she was unavailable to check me out by herself. I talk with the assist manager after leaving my cart there, there was no apology was offered but she said that she would help. My outlook by then was I was going to leave and come back other day. I tried to call the general manager to leave feedback on what happened. When I call the girl that picked up the phone was nice, when she transferred me to the general manager the phone ring for about 4 mins. Not the way to be the boss. Thanks. Rob.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Do not buy tires from Sam's. Bought 4 Michelin tires almost 1 year ago... Tires were an 8 when I bought them. They are now a 4 (tread wear). Went to Sam's. Told them the tires are not holding up and wearing. Sam's would not offer any help. Said tires have to be a 2 in order to help. :( Very poor service. I even asked if they would pay 1/2 for each tire and I would pay the other 1/2 and they said no! I paid $600. For all 4. Do not buy tires from Sam's. They never answer phone in tire department. I had to end up going there in person!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Worst place to shop! Place is dying, no customers. Taking photos is discouraged by staff, management. Poor service. They rip customers blindly, no refunds possible. Lines are always long for returning items. Horrible place!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

So someone hacked samsclub.com account and has been using people's credit cards and buying stuff. When I called the Corporate number I spoke to several people that were rude and was no help at all. I had to of course cancel my credit card and now I have to cancel my Sam's Club account. Now, you would think they would offer a years membership but no. Worst company ever!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I was a Sam's Club member from November 2017 until November 2018. I had the Sam's credit card issued by Synchrony Bank. At this time, I have $27.77 in cash back rewards. Sam's Club will not honor this and give me my money because I am no longer a member. The money was accrued under their old system which they changed in February 2019. I feel it is totally unethical for them not to issue me my earned cash back either by check or cash. Please be aware of my situation and don't let it happen to you. If I would join again, they would give me the money. I feel that they are holding my money hostage.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I closed my Sam's Club credit card the end of January. I still have a Sam's Club membership. On Feb. 10th a letter was sent saying I had a little over $20 in cash back rewards. I called customer service to see if I could get the money other than them putting it onto my credit card. They just simply said, "Oh sorry, once the card is canceled you forfeit those rewards!" I am so annoyed! They used to send a check. I didn't think this was going to be an issue. It is not a lot of money but every bit helps and I just think this is just bad business.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Today I was going to purchase four 60 gal storage benches and one 100 gal storage bins. This required assistance. The floor CSR (Angelica) was very helpful and obtained a flatbed as well as reached out to another guy, who was nice (Alex), to assist with loading it. The storage bin was displayed on the floor. However, the storage bench was on the second level shelf. I wanted to see the depth of the storage bench prior to purchasing four of them which had a thin wire cord around one of the legs to prevent it from being moved off of the shelf. Angelica called for a member of management, per my request. I could hear the two supervisors (Arlene & Sean) attempt to deflect my request for a manager since they were talking on the walkie talkies.

Angelica continued to request that one of them come since the customer is requesting a manager. The supervisor Arlene finally shows up and said "of course they can pull the item down for me to look at." At that time Angelica informed of the thin wires that are wrapped around each item on the second shelf. Arlene then goes to Sean to discuss. The CSR returned to me visibly frustrated with the lack of customer service that was about to be presented to me. Arlene then shows up with a ladder and informs that Sean instructed me (the customer) to climb a ladder that they are providing to look inside.

I said I am not risking it falling and informed every couple of weeks they change planograms around which would require them to remove the wire, can they simply remove it to bring the item down and put it back on. At that time Arlene informed that Sean stated the wire could not be removed due to safety reasons. I replied, "So you don't think giving me a ladder to climb up is not a safety risk and you rather someone fall and sue you?" She laughed, removed the ladder, and walked away. Needless to say I didn't buy anything. If my health is not valued why should my hard earn money be.

Original review: March 16, 2019

You pre-pay for a rotating and balancing service when you buy the tires. When you go to get service done, you are bumped back in line by anyone who purchases new tires. It took them over 4 hours to rotate and balance the tires I bought there.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Hello I’m not usually the type to complain and write reviews on companies. Frankly it’s not worth my time but I am super upset about this! I purchased a mattress through their website for Serta mattresses on 2.28.19. I bought a Serta hybrid perfect sleeper elmridge online for $899.00 with tax. It came out to $979.00 with free white glove delivery. My delivery date was supposed to be 3.14.19.

A couple days before delivery I receive a call from their delivery service Ryder to schedule a delivery time. I missed the call and called back to schedule the time (REMEMBER THEY JUST CALLED ME TO SCHEDULE DELIVERY). So they say “I'm sorry Mrs. ** we have reported a SHORTAGE of your order to Sam's club”. I said, "What does that mean?" They say “yea so the truck that was supposed to have your bed on it had the paper work for the bed but unfortunately the bed never showed and we don’t know where the bed is?” I say, "Okay, so what’s going to happen?" They say “if I were you I would call Sam's club”.

I hang up with the delivery company and call Sam's club. I get probably the rudest associate ever who apparently handles all the Serta mattress orders and basically tells me that she apologizes but there is nothing they can really do besides reorder the mattress which I would have to wait about another 2 weeks or they can just refund me and cancel my order and that’s when I said, "Why wasn’t I notified about this issue prior to my delivery date which I was expecting and have made arrangements for someone to be present at my residence to receive the delivery". And she says, "It’s unexpected and there’s no way for Sam's club to know the mattress has been lost".

I am completely DUMBFOUNDED AND LIVID AND SHOCKED AND DISAPPOINTED!!! I was so excited to receive this mattress and first of all it was hard to get a hold of someone. I kept getting the runaround and being told a management team would get back to me and no one ever did! Of course I requested my refund and canceled the order and ordered a mattress elsewhere. I can not believe the service I received with Sam's club. It was a great deal and a great bed but unfortunately it was through a poorly run company! Do not order from Sam's club. There are many reviews on order problems with this company. Please save yourself the headache and if anyone has a corporate number or someone I can file a formal complaint with please send that info my way!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I recently bought a 75 inch Vizio TV from Sam's. It was $100 cheaper than Best Buy. I have repeatedly tried to leave a review on Sam's page at their request. However, whenever I say something perceived as negative by Sam's about my experience or shipping, it is declined because it doesn't meet their "policy" for reviews. I have no complaint with the TV. However, I have many complaints about my purchase and delivery experience. Mostly due to poor performance by Sam's. The bottom line is, you can't believe their reviews on Sams.com because they filter out negative reviews.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Every time I try to order a big ticket item from Sam's it is never in stock. Their ad never says available while supplies last or any other indication that their stock could be depleted. I called them about this issue and they said someone would get back to me but no one ever did. If this is the way Sam's treats its paying members I will go back to Costco and close my membership. Sam's does not care about their customers, they only care about sales. If they keep this up they will end up like Sears.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I got duped by Just Energy agents at SAM'S! They corner you with stupid tactics and manipulating ** and dupe you to buy into their stuff. I blame SAM'S for letting these people into their stores while SAM'S can't own any of their products or services! Just Energy is scamming SAM'S customers by luring them with SAM'S gift cards. There is a benefit for SAM'S as Just Energy will buy SAM'S gift cards. SAM'S should really think how this is helping its customers and why they are participating in this and looting customers' money!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Love Sam's products! But this checkout situation has gotten out of hand. One lane open for three employees to check me out. The other option is self-checkout! I'm paying to shop here, I did the hard work of shopping, now I have to also check myself out and be all but frisked at the door?! Seriously, standing in a line to be checked at the door after I have already paid for my items. It's getting old!

Also, let me mention, when I pulled up to the checkout line, I'm being asked what I am paying with in front of a whole line of strangers! That is my business and no one else's. I do not wish to share that with the world. And what happens if I look in my purse and I don't have enough cash and have to use my card?! God forbid! Now they have a tiny little sign that says cart on one side and customer on the other, that I have been made aware of several times now and watched others be humiliated as well, and asked if it had been a long time since they have been in, because that has been in effect a while now... I've looked for a complaint department on their website and I cannot find one. I'm assuming they are not taking any. So I will just put this out there for others.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Racist policy against Mexican Members - Several times now I have been in Sam's Club and picked up an item on sale. Each time when checking out, I was told that the sale prices only apply to U.S. members. If the company does not offer sale prices to all members, regardless of nationality or where their membership is, then it should be stated on every placard noting the price reduction and/or in the store entrance. One time when a sales price was not given to me, a member behind me allowed me to pay for my purchase using their card so I could take advantage of sale price. Sam's policy is racist and against members from the South. I asked about sale prices at COSTCO and was told the prices were for all members without regard to where their membership was registered.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I recently applied for a job with Sam's Club. I filled out their online application and then, following prompts from them, began calling them. I called them every other day for the better part of a month and was transferred from person to person who either didn't know how to help me or didn't care enough to help me. Lots of one word answers to questions or requests. All the phone calls would end by telling me that the person who I should talk to was not there that day. Finally, after a month, I call and the magic person that I've been looking for is there! She offers me an interview that day! All things are looking great, but then she calls me back an hour later and informs me that something on my application didn't meet their requirements.

Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that, I guess I just wasn't set for the job. However, there is something very wrong with the fact that they could have told me this the very first time I called, not a whole month later. As well, they wouldn't tell me what was wrong with my application, just repeatedly tell me that it didn't fit what they were looking for. Once again, lots of one word responses and obvious impatience with my call. I came out of this experience feeling disrespected, hurt, and with a disgusted feeling towards a company that would act in such an unprofessional manner.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

There is no comparison for the value of a "membership club" on Costco vs Sam's Club. Costco is far superior. Sam's Club is just like shopping in a nasty Walmart, ugh! Gave Sam's one more chance, got a membership (discounted) and spent past year comparing items/cost/coupons for value for price at Costco and Sam's. Though there are a few differences of items you can get at Sam's that you can't find at Costco - Costco still wins for quality, price. Each visit to Sam's found unclean store, displays aren't well arranged. The customer service reps are not only rude, but unhelpful.

Even the folks working the food court are rude and unfriendly. And the area is not clean at all. We do NOT understand the attitudes. So made decision this week, to not waste a penny even, for a Sam's membership. We'll stick w/ Costco where we KNOW we get good service, friendly employees and quality items. Oh yes, Sam's now demands you give your drivers license or passport for the "privilege" of buying membership. They take ALL your personal info and maintain a database. What business is it of Sam's of our ages, DL#, or any other vital statistics.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Terrible. Order it for Valentine’s Day delivery and also asked for it to deliver in the morning but no flowers yet by FedEx at 4:35 pm as I’m writing this. Called Sam's Club about it and the lady had the nerve to tell me delivery driver has till 11pm to deliver. Now who in the right mind need flowers at 11pm where I ordered this 2 weeks ahead. Called FedEx to asked if the truck was equipped to deliver flowers this late because tracking showed out for delivery at 8:23am and now it’s 4:40pm and no flowers. I will never order and will advise others not to even take chance. Go to Target and pick up some decent flowers for your valentine.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I made an online purchase for a Queen Mattress and Boxspring and the day of the delivery I had the delivery driver call me asking for directions as he could not find my house. I gave him the directions and we ended the call. A few minutes later he called again. Could not find it so started to cuss and swear at me, I simply said, "Hey, I am not your dispatcher. Call them and don't cuss or swear at me." He finally found the house and came to the door to tell me that he couldn't get close enough to the door so he wasn't going to carry in my ordered product. I 6 months PREGNANT carried in the box spring by myself and helped him with the mattress. I was never dissatisfied with services in my life. He had a "I don't care" attitude and even gave me a dirty look as he had to help me carry in my mattress. WORST SERVICE EVER. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM SAM'S CLUB AGAIN, JUST SAD I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER SINCE 2000.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Just when I thought "Customer Service" had become a catchphrase in the service industry. I found out how wrong I was to be so cynical. My problem began online. I was trying to send some diapers to a single mom in Florida. I live in Indiana. I navigated Sam's Club website and found the product I was looking for. While checking out I could not complete the process because our Zip code didn't match (my credit card) that of the receiver.

Frustrated I drove to the local store in Carmel Indiana for help. I went to customer service and asked if they could ship the diapers for me. An older lady explained they could not do that there. I explained my dilemma and why I needed the help. Up popped Krys, an attractive young lady with a big smile. She explained that she was "Customer Service" and would try and help me. Help she did. Turning her computer screen for me to sign into my account, she helped me get the job done. Always with a big smile and pleasant demeanor. Never once made me feel as I was interrupting her day. Whomever hired this young superstar should "Rear back and Strut". You made a great hire for this unit and Sam's as a corporation. I commend you and Krys. Well done Krys.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I purchase a product online that was being shipped directly to my house. I noticed right away that my phone number was incorrect on my order. I tried to cancel the order and was told it was too late to cancel the order. I told them that I was going to reorder and correct the phone number. I called Sam's online 3 times to try to fix this. All I got was a bunch of promises and lies. The order has been in town for a week after finding the freight company. They said, "We’ve tried to contact you 3 times and haven’t been able to schedule delivery." I told them that Sam's promised me this matter was resolved. I’ll never deal with these people ever again!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

We used to frequently purchase several 4# bags of Member's Mark Mountain Trek Mix. A few months ago, they discontinued the product, at least it was not available in stores or by mail order. Just recently, they reintroduced the product with the same name and same general packaging, same size, etc. The new product is not remotely like the old. It is now largely a big bag of peanuts with a small amount of other stuff thrown in. I now buy all my trail mix at Costco which is offers high quality trail mix.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Someone hacked my Sam’s Club account and charged $286.20 in January. The order shipped to ** Morristown, NJ - I don’t know anyone in the state of NJ. I called my bank when the charges showed and told them of the fraud and they canceled my card. I then called Sam’s Club and told them what happened. They transferred me to a supervisor and she said she would turn the fraud in. Two days later Sam’s sent me an email and said since the order had shipped they couldn’t do anything about the charges. I called back a few days later and after a very concerned cust svc rep assured me that this was not acceptable she transferred me to a supervisor and then came back telling me the supervisor had refused my call but she would send them a message and they would call me back. That was last Tuesday - 7 days ago and I still haven’t heard from them. When I signed into my Sam’s Club account the order showed up.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I usually go to Sam's with a specific list of items I need that are in bulk like paper products, food for a crowd, or some of the items that run less than what I find in other retail stores. There are a few employees that are around to help out if I can't find something. The cheese, meat, and produce departments are usually a good deal, especially when feeding a large group or cooking things to freeze.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

From Feb. 2017 to Feb of 2018, I was a member of Sam's Club and, as well, had a Sam's Club credit card through Synchrony Bank. Because our nearest Sam's Club is 40 miles away, I did not renew my Sam's Club membership in Feb. of 2018. At that time, I called Synchrony Bank to cancel my card but, surprisingly, was told that I could continue to accrue benefits from the card's rewards program and spend my earned rewards once a year at a Sam's Club as a non-Sam's Club member. I continued to use the card and accrue benefits thereafter. I relied on information given to me by an agent of the rewards program.

In January of 2019, I received a postcard from Sam's Club informing me that, in Feb. 2019, I would receive no rewards for my prior year's use of the card unless I was a member of Sam's Club. I protested this change, made so close to the end of annual reward accrual period. I contacted the Chairman of Sam's Club, John Furner. Mr. Furner did not respond to my emails personally, but a customer service person from Synchrony Bank called me in his stead. This service lady, Carla, was most polite but was insistent that I would receive nothing.

She understood that I had relied on good information the prior February, but the program had changed in December of 2018 and now required all recipients of rewards to be current Sam's Club members. Carla understood the seeming unfairness of changing the rules so late in the program's year, but the company was entitled to do so. I admitted the company could do whatever it wanted, whenever it wanted. But fairness and equity had been violated for those effect in the 2018-19 year with such a harsh rule change. The change should have been made effective for years going forward from February of 2019. Because of the change, I lost $175 of accumulated rewards for 2018-19 and have become a very harsh critic of Sam's Club policy.

Sam's Club Company Information