2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5
Based on 1,911 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sam's Club Reviews

Original review: March 16, 2019

You pre-pay for a rotating and balancing service when you buy the tires. When you go to get service done, you are bumped back in line by anyone who purchases new tires. It took them over 4 hours to rotate and balance the tires I bought there.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Hello I’m not usually the type to complain and write reviews on companies. Frankly it’s not worth my time but I am super upset about this! I purchased a mattress through their website for Serta mattresses on 2.28.19. I bought a Serta hybrid perfect sleeper elmridge online for $899.00 with tax. It came out to $979.00 with free white glove delivery. My delivery date was supposed to be 3.14.19.

A couple days before delivery I receive a call from their delivery service Ryder to schedule a delivery time. I missed the call and called back to schedule the time (REMEMBER THEY JUST CALLED ME TO SCHEDULE DELIVERY). So they say “I'm sorry Mrs. ** we have reported a SHORTAGE of your order to Sam's club”. I said, "What does that mean?" They say “yea so the truck that was supposed to have your bed on it had the paper work for the bed but unfortunately the bed never showed and we don’t know where the bed is?” I say, "Okay, so what’s going to happen?" They say “if I were you I would call Sam's club”.

I hang up with the delivery company and call Sam's club. I get probably the rudest associate ever who apparently handles all the Serta mattress orders and basically tells me that she apologizes but there is nothing they can really do besides reorder the mattress which I would have to wait about another 2 weeks or they can just refund me and cancel my order and that’s when I said, "Why wasn’t I notified about this issue prior to my delivery date which I was expecting and have made arrangements for someone to be present at my residence to receive the delivery". And she says, "It’s unexpected and there’s no way for Sam's club to know the mattress has been lost".

I am completely DUMBFOUNDED AND LIVID AND SHOCKED AND DISAPPOINTED!!! I was so excited to receive this mattress and first of all it was hard to get a hold of someone. I kept getting the runaround and being told a management team would get back to me and no one ever did! Of course I requested my refund and canceled the order and ordered a mattress elsewhere. I can not believe the service I received with Sam's club. It was a great deal and a great bed but unfortunately it was through a poorly run company! Do not order from Sam's club. There are many reviews on order problems with this company. Please save yourself the headache and if anyone has a corporate number or someone I can file a formal complaint with please send that info my way!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I recently bought a 75 inch Vizio TV from Sam's. It was $100 cheaper than Best Buy. I have repeatedly tried to leave a review on Sam's page at their request. However, whenever I say something perceived as negative by Sam's about my experience or shipping, it is declined because it doesn't meet their "policy" for reviews. I have no complaint with the TV. However, I have many complaints about my purchase and delivery experience. Mostly due to poor performance by Sam's. The bottom line is, you can't believe their reviews on Sams.com because they filter out negative reviews.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Every time I try to order a big ticket item from Sam's it is never in stock. Their ad never says available while supplies last or any other indication that their stock could be depleted. I called them about this issue and they said someone would get back to me but no one ever did. If this is the way Sam's treats its paying members I will go back to Costco and close my membership. Sam's does not care about their customers, they only care about sales. If they keep this up they will end up like Sears.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I got duped by Just Energy agents at SAM'S! They corner you with stupid tactics and manipulating ** and dupe you to buy into their stuff. I blame SAM'S for letting these people into their stores while SAM'S can't own any of their products or services! Just Energy is scamming SAM'S customers by luring them with SAM'S gift cards. There is a benefit for SAM'S as Just Energy will buy SAM'S gift cards. SAM'S should really think how this is helping its customers and why they are participating in this and looting customers' money!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Love Sam's products! But this checkout situation has gotten out of hand. One lane open for three employees to check me out. The other option is self-checkout! I'm paying to shop here, I did the hard work of shopping, now I have to also check myself out and be all but frisked at the door?! Seriously, standing in a line to be checked at the door after I have already paid for my items. It's getting old!

Also, let me mention, when I pulled up to the checkout line, I'm being asked what I am paying with in front of a whole line of strangers! That is my business and no one else's. I do not wish to share that with the world. And what happens if I look in my purse and I don't have enough cash and have to use my card?! God forbid! Now they have a tiny little sign that says cart on one side and customer on the other, that I have been made aware of several times now and watched others be humiliated as well, and asked if it had been a long time since they have been in, because that has been in effect a while now... I've looked for a complaint department on their website and I cannot find one. I'm assuming they are not taking any. So I will just put this out there for others.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Racist policy against Mexican Members - Several times now I have been in Sam's Club and picked up an item on sale. Each time when checking out, I was told that the sale prices only apply to U.S. members. If the company does not offer sale prices to all members, regardless of nationality or where their membership is, then it should be stated on every placard noting the price reduction and/or in the store entrance. One time when a sales price was not given to me, a member behind me allowed me to pay for my purchase using their card so I could take advantage of sale price. Sam's policy is racist and against members from the South. I asked about sale prices at COSTCO and was told the prices were for all members without regard to where their membership was registered.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I recently applied for a job with Sam's Club. I filled out their online application and then, following prompts from them, began calling them. I called them every other day for the better part of a month and was transferred from person to person who either didn't know how to help me or didn't care enough to help me. Lots of one word answers to questions or requests. All the phone calls would end by telling me that the person who I should talk to was not there that day. Finally, after a month, I call and the magic person that I've been looking for is there! She offers me an interview that day! All things are looking great, but then she calls me back an hour later and informs me that something on my application didn't meet their requirements.

Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that, I guess I just wasn't set for the job. However, there is something very wrong with the fact that they could have told me this the very first time I called, not a whole month later. As well, they wouldn't tell me what was wrong with my application, just repeatedly tell me that it didn't fit what they were looking for. Once again, lots of one word responses and obvious impatience with my call. I came out of this experience feeling disrespected, hurt, and with a disgusted feeling towards a company that would act in such an unprofessional manner.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

There is no comparison for the value of a "membership club" on Costco vs Sam's Club. Costco is far superior. Sam's Club is just like shopping in a nasty Walmart, ugh! Gave Sam's one more chance, got a membership (discounted) and spent past year comparing items/cost/coupons for value for price at Costco and Sam's. Though there are a few differences of items you can get at Sam's that you can't find at Costco - Costco still wins for quality, price. Each visit to Sam's found unclean store, displays aren't well arranged. The customer service reps are not only rude, but unhelpful.

Even the folks working the food court are rude and unfriendly. And the area is not clean at all. We do NOT understand the attitudes. So made decision this week, to not waste a penny even, for a Sam's membership. We'll stick w/ Costco where we KNOW we get good service, friendly employees and quality items. Oh yes, Sam's now demands you give your drivers license or passport for the "privilege" of buying membership. They take ALL your personal info and maintain a database. What business is it of Sam's of our ages, DL#, or any other vital statistics.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Terrible. Order it for Valentine’s Day delivery and also asked for it to deliver in the morning but no flowers yet by FedEx at 4:35 pm as I’m writing this. Called Sam's Club about it and the lady had the nerve to tell me delivery driver has till 11pm to deliver. Now who in the right mind need flowers at 11pm where I ordered this 2 weeks ahead. Called FedEx to asked if the truck was equipped to deliver flowers this late because tracking showed out for delivery at 8:23am and now it’s 4:40pm and no flowers. I will never order and will advise others not to even take chance. Go to Target and pick up some decent flowers for your valentine.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This is not a complaint, rather a statement, because I "dis-enrolled" after 2 months membership fraught with frustration. I joined Sam's Club in Nov 2018 lured by their persuasive promotions, personal geographical convenience, and other benefits. At the same time, I applied for their credit card issued by Synchrony Bank. Synchrony Bank issued a card with a $500 credit limit and 24.9% interest on unpaid balances plus very high fees for other items. This is not what I expected and need as a customer. I went to Sam's Club for economy and benefits, not this. This limit represents less than weeks worth of my business and gasoline purchases.

Believing I could remedy this, more especially the rock bottom credit limit, I called the bank. Discussions with the representative included the facts listed below relating to my credit worthiness, business volume and potential value as a customer to both Sam's Club and Synchrony Bank. The representative could not do anything, citing bank policy and rules, etc., and said I should discuss the issues with Sam's Club representative.

I called Sam's Club and their telephone menu system delivered me to Synchrony Bank, who suggested I call Sam's Club. (This happened two more times over the several days.) Not able to contact Sam's Club by phone, I went to the local Sam's Club membership desk. The representative could not understand why my credit limit was so low, but said I would have to contact Synchrony Bank!! Which I did, again, with the same results as before. I received no help from Synchrony Thus, I went back to the local Sam's Club hoping to speak with a manager or someone who could get a resolution resolve. I could not, so I canceled my membership and the credit card accounts and the desk person fully refunded $100 my Prime Membership fee. So, what are the facts I mentioned above that makes me think I need and warrant a better credit card?

1. My credit rating is above 780. In over 55 years have NEVER been at default, delinquent, or late in any payment of any kind.
    2. I have a successful small business with an annual operating income over $675,000. My personal income, joint with wife, is almost $200,000.
    3. Sam's Club purchases could have replace much of current purchases at Costco, which is approximately $750 per month, plus about $400 in gasoline and occasional tires and batteries for my 3 vehicles.

4. Among my current credit cards one a credit limit of $12,500 and another $27,000. Both with 12.5% interest rates. One is a Costco Visa card. (I wanted a Sam's Club sponsored card because I thought I should to use their card at their store.)

Sam's Club and Synchrony policies drive customers away. Oh, and on my final visit to Sam's Club the representative discovered that while my credit card had been issued in a business account the Sam's Club membership was personal. I had applied for a business account for both. The representative said I'd have to cancel both accounts and reapply! Nah! They already have too much of my time. Why beg for more punishment.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I made an online purchase for a Queen Mattress and Boxspring and the day of the delivery I had the delivery driver call me asking for directions as he could not find my house. I gave him the directions and we ended the call. A few minutes later he called again. Could not find it so started to cuss and swear at me, I simply said, "Hey, I am not your dispatcher. Call them and don't cuss or swear at me." He finally found the house and came to the door to tell me that he couldn't get close enough to the door so he wasn't going to carry in my ordered product. I 6 months PREGNANT carried in the box spring by myself and helped him with the mattress. I was never dissatisfied with services in my life. He had a "I don't care" attitude and even gave me a dirty look as he had to help me carry in my mattress. WORST SERVICE EVER. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM SAM'S CLUB AGAIN, JUST SAD I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER SINCE 2000.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Just when I thought "Customer Service" had become a catchphrase in the service industry. I found out how wrong I was to be so cynical. My problem began online. I was trying to send some diapers to a single mom in Florida. I live in Indiana. I navigated Sam's Club website and found the product I was looking for. While checking out I could not complete the process because our Zip code didn't match (my credit card) that of the receiver.

Frustrated I drove to the local store in Carmel Indiana for help. I went to customer service and asked if they could ship the diapers for me. An older lady explained they could not do that there. I explained my dilemma and why I needed the help. Up popped Krys, an attractive young lady with a big smile. She explained that she was "Customer Service" and would try and help me. Help she did. Turning her computer screen for me to sign into my account, she helped me get the job done. Always with a big smile and pleasant demeanor. Never once made me feel as I was interrupting her day. Whomever hired this young superstar should "Rear back and Strut". You made a great hire for this unit and Sam's as a corporation. I commend you and Krys. Well done Krys.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I purchase a product online that was being shipped directly to my house. I noticed right away that my phone number was incorrect on my order. I tried to cancel the order and was told it was too late to cancel the order. I told them that I was going to reorder and correct the phone number. I called Sam's online 3 times to try to fix this. All I got was a bunch of promises and lies. The order has been in town for a week after finding the freight company. They said, "We’ve tried to contact you 3 times and haven’t been able to schedule delivery." I told them that Sam's promised me this matter was resolved. I’ll never deal with these people ever again!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

We used to frequently purchase several 4# bags of Member's Mark Mountain Trek Mix. A few months ago, they discontinued the product, at least it was not available in stores or by mail order. Just recently, they reintroduced the product with the same name and same general packaging, same size, etc. The new product is not remotely like the old. It is now largely a big bag of peanuts with a small amount of other stuff thrown in. I now buy all my trail mix at Costco which is offers high quality trail mix.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Someone hacked my Sam’s Club account and charged $286.20 in January. The order shipped to ** Morristown, NJ - I don’t know anyone in the state of NJ. I called my bank when the charges showed and told them of the fraud and they canceled my card. I then called Sam’s Club and told them what happened. They transferred me to a supervisor and she said she would turn the fraud in. Two days later Sam’s sent me an email and said since the order had shipped they couldn’t do anything about the charges. I called back a few days later and after a very concerned cust svc rep assured me that this was not acceptable she transferred me to a supervisor and then came back telling me the supervisor had refused my call but she would send them a message and they would call me back. That was last Tuesday - 7 days ago and I still haven’t heard from them. When I signed into my Sam’s Club account the order showed up.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I usually go to Sam's with a specific list of items I need that are in bulk like paper products, food for a crowd, or some of the items that run less than what I find in other retail stores. There are a few employees that are around to help out if I can't find something. The cheese, meat, and produce departments are usually a good deal, especially when feeding a large group or cooking things to freeze.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

From Feb. 2017 to Feb of 2018, I was a member of Sam's Club and, as well, had a Sam's Club credit card through Synchrony Bank. Because our nearest Sam's Club is 40 miles away, I did not renew my Sam's Club membership in Feb. of 2018. At that time, I called Synchrony Bank to cancel my card but, surprisingly, was told that I could continue to accrue benefits from the card's rewards program and spend my earned rewards once a year at a Sam's Club as a non-Sam's Club member. I continued to use the card and accrue benefits thereafter. I relied on information given to me by an agent of the rewards program.

In January of 2019, I received a postcard from Sam's Club informing me that, in Feb. 2019, I would receive no rewards for my prior year's use of the card unless I was a member of Sam's Club. I protested this change, made so close to the end of annual reward accrual period. I contacted the Chairman of Sam's Club, John Furner. Mr. Furner did not respond to my emails personally, but a customer service person from Synchrony Bank called me in his stead. This service lady, Carla, was most polite but was insistent that I would receive nothing.

She understood that I had relied on good information the prior February, but the program had changed in December of 2018 and now required all recipients of rewards to be current Sam's Club members. Carla understood the seeming unfairness of changing the rules so late in the program's year, but the company was entitled to do so. I admitted the company could do whatever it wanted, whenever it wanted. But fairness and equity had been violated for those effect in the 2018-19 year with such a harsh rule change. The change should have been made effective for years going forward from February of 2019. Because of the change, I lost $175 of accumulated rewards for 2018-19 and have become a very harsh critic of Sam's Club policy.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Due to cold weather in Michigan, I needed to replace two car batteries in two vehicles. I searched the internet for something cheap and found Sam's Club had the best price so I ordered two batteries on 2/1 (Fri). It saved me $100 compared to other stores. The online order indicated I could pick up the batteries on 2/3 (Sun). While I was not happy waiting two days, I decided we could go two days without our vehicles to save $100. It was the weekend so the impact was not as bad as it would be on a weekday. Late on 2/2 (Sat), I received an email that my order had been canceled due to items not being in stock. Other stores were closed so there was nothing I could do until Sunday. I suspect the batteries were in stock when I ordered on Friday, but by the time the employee at the Canton store went to pull my items off the shelf somebody else had come into the store and purchased.

In my humble opinion Sam's Club should not sell something they do not have in stock and waste two days before letting the customer know it is no longer in stock. In most cases like clothing it is probably a minor inconvenience, but in my case we went two days without a vehicle. I love shopping at the store, but will absolutely never order anything online from the Canton store again. I think Sam's Club needs to fix this broken online order system. I did complain, but got a standard Dear John email from April ** explaining how popular my items are making it difficult to keep in stock. While I accept her apology, it does not change the fact that Sam's Club should not sell something online that they cannot deliver. I advise other customers to consider other retailers who have more reputable online ordering system. I ended up going to another retailer. I paid more, but my items were ready to be picked up in 30 minutes. In hindsight, I wish I had just done this on Friday!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I am not a Sam’s Club member. BUT. My mother in law bought some things for my kids that I had no use for so she advised that I return the items to Sam’s for a store credit. I went to Sam’s Club store 6217 in Miami Florida. I walked into the store and over to Member services to wait for assistance. I was helped by Carmen who I explained my situation to and Carmen told me I needed the physical membership card in order to complete the return. Which I didn’t have. I went to leave, but was met by Gloria at the exit asking for my receipt. I told her I just left the Member services counter to speak with Carmen. Gloria goes over to Carmen. Communicates to her in a language foreign to me. Gloria tells me to wait. I asked for a manager. And was met by Leo. Who has no customer services skills at all.

Leo tells me that because my items were not marked upon entry he would need to review the security footage to ensure I was not stealing these items. I waited over 10 minutes for Leo. He came back, said it was ok for me to go but after spending an hour in his store I asked if he could return the items since I was inconvenience by his store employees. See. Angela should have been standing at the entrance to greet when I first entered the store so she could mark the items in cart with a green sticker for return. Angela was not standing in the entrance to greet me when I first entered the store. In fact no one was standing at the entrance when I came into the store. So basically I was treated like a criminal and was not give the store's return policy because I am not a member and it is included in the memberships packet. I will be contacting my attorney and local news stations.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Sam's Club in O'Fallon IL is usually a great place to go - my parents have been members there for many years & I occasionally go with them. However, around a month before Xmas my mother purchased 2 $25 gift cards for Smokey Bones. Her receipt showed the cards were loaded. Her card was charged. In reality the cards were never loaded. We went to use the cards at the designated restaurant & they were completely empty. Talk about disappointing. The blow that they were empty was made worse when my mother went to Sam's to rectify the situation & the associate helping her did not even apologize. While it may not have been their fault directly for the lack of money being placed on the card, every associate represents Sam's. So to not even get a simple "I'm sorry" was mind blowing. Very disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We are a business that secured a membership last year, and are very disappointed with Sam's Club online ordering system! Shockingly, over 75% of our orders are not delivered on time or are wrong! Shockingly, Sam's Club never follows up! Shockingly, we have to chase them down to find out what happened to our order, or initiate a change/Cancellation. We order every month, so can you imagine how many orders are wrong! If you are a business, or need reliable subscription service, do not order from Sam's Club. If I could give negative stars, I would. Sam's Club needs to hire Amazon's executives and learn from them!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

This is "hands downs" without a doubt the VERY worst experience I have ever had shopping with anyone. The first issue began when there was little to no communication from Sam's Club once I purchased the hot tub. I purchased this hot tub on November 24th of 2018 and to this day, I still do not have my hot tub. Then Sam's Club did a funds verification against my checking account in the amount of $6,403.93 after 5 days still had not withdrawn the funds and the bank returned the pending charge back into the account. After many attempts to speak with Sam's on this matter, on Jan. 4th, 2019 they placed a charge of $12,807.86 against my checking account and withdrew the funds.

This caused all sorts of issues with my account, including... A checking line of credit loan being automatically advanced to me to cover the charges, my bank taking the remaining funds from my savings account to try and help offset the deficit, and last but certainly not least, all this still left my account in an "overdrawn" status. I made numerous phone calls to Sam's to try to get them to credit back my account the additional $6,403.93 that they took from me in error. All I got was a "run around", complete with several customer service reps telling me they never removed that money from my account. I sent a copy of my checking account statement into Sam's Club, it clearly showed the $12,807.86 withdrawal and that it was Sam's Club who entered the charge.

I had to go back to my bank, Navy Federal Credit Union and file a dispute against the charge, which in turn freezes my checking account for 10 days while they complete their investigation because of the negative balance. Sam's Club offered NO assistance at all. I also sent my bank a copy of the original receipt of the hot tub purchase along with the documented chat and phone conversations that I have had with Sam's Club on this matter. As I stated in the opening lines here, I still do NOT have my hot tub, it has been sitting at the freight companies warehouse in Knightdale, NC since Jan 2nd with no communication from them as to when it might be delivered.

I have to say, I shop and work online everyday, as I work for Google, but this experience is and has been nothing but ridiculous. Considering the amount of business that Sam's Club does with consumers they should absolutely have a better process in place for dealing with 3rd party suppliers such as hot tub vendors and their means of shipping them, Sam's Club has left me, the consumer, "holding the bag". Sam's Club has made no effort what-so-ever to make this right on their part? I am going to make every effort to make sure that everyone online is aware of what to expect from Sam's Club when they make such a purchase from them, using all the resources available to me to make it as public as possible.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

This is the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! And I use the term "customer service" VERY lightly because they do NOT know how to service their customers! I ordered $1,200 worth of items. They send me a shipping email for part of the order, fine and great. They send me another shipping email for the remaining items, fine and great. I go to track it and it reads that it's been received by FedEx AND that the order was cancelled by the sender. What? I got on and chatted. They had no answers.

They said they'd send an email. I got an email saying they couldn't read the chat and to call. I called, they didn't answer my question about what IF ANYTHING had been cancelled. 45 minutes later and three calls later AND after being HUNG UP ON because she didn't want to deal with me. Called back and talked to nothing but utterly and 100% INCOMPETENT PEOPLE! They are wanting to call FEDEX to find out why the store cancelled? WTH? Why would FedEx know the reason that Sam's Club canceled my order? Seriously? NEVER EVER. NEVER. NO. NOT EVER DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN EVER!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I just want to let everyone know how Sam's Club treats its customers. On Dec 7 my wife and I was walking in the Beaver Creek store when she slipped on black ice in the parking lot. Went to the hospital for treatment because she had a huge knot on her forehead and a gash. Both eyes were black and blue and she looked like she was beaten. Me and another lady went out and took pictures on the ice while they were waiting for the bus to come and get her.

I was shaking so much that I let another lady that worked there write down what happened. Instead of writing down what I told her she added her own words that ended up being water instead of ice. Now Sam's Club called the other day and said that they are not liable for what happened and will not pay the medical bills. These SOB don't care about anything but the money we spend there. So watch what you do and if anything happens like this just make sure you document everything that happens. Instead of doing the right thing these money hungry people lie and do anything to get out of doing the right thing! Our lawyer will fight them now and we no longer shop at Sam's Club!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I ordered two swivel chairs, and they arrived with a bent swivel piece. This caused the chair to rock back and forth in a pretty dangerous fashion. Sam's Club agreed to return them by having FedEx come pick them up from my house. I scheduled this using their online chat service. I was told that the delivery truck would arrive the next day during a specified time window. The driver never arrived. Fast forward a week later, this has happened four more times. Every time I get a customer service representative who gives me stock responses like "we can really help you with that" but no one provides any helpful information. The whole experience has been time consuming and frustrating. I will keep shopping at Costco.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I should have listened to the bad reviews, but I figured that I am savvy enough to activate a Sam's Club gift card without having a stroke. I was wrong! I ordered a "gift of membership" card for my mother. It's essentially a $45 gift card to Sam's Club. Before you can use the card, it has to be activated through samsclub.com. They cannot do it at the club.

After many, many attempts online, I finally did a live chat with a CSR. In broken English, they said they would sent the complaint to the appropriate team and they'd get back to me in 48 hours. I was in the store, so this was frustrating. I received the follow-up email within the 48 hours and was told the card was good to go. I went back to the store the next day and, of course, the card still didn't work. I chatted with someone online and they, again, said they'd forward the complaint to the appropriate department and that I should expect to hear back within 72 hours. I called customer service and held for 42 minutes. A young man took my call and was zero help. He just said, "I think you should just wait, but I can't guarantee it will work". So I asked if he'd just cancel my order altogether. He said he can't cancel it because the CARD IS ACTIVE. But it's not. Super frustrating. Avoid Sam's Club at all costs. It's not worth your time.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We purchased some frozen lobsters at Sam's as we have done for years. Defrosted and cut through the shell and lifted up and slit for marinading... INTENSE smell of ammonia=rotten lobster. I believe they had already started to decompose before they were frozen to be sold at Sam's. I’ve also read similar experiences from other people who’ve bought them. It’s an unreliable source sounds like. Reflecting very badly on Sam's Club. Also saw a worm in a piece of Salmon there. We lost $37.59 on 2 lobsters... both rotten. I’m glad my nose picked it up. We are seriously considering canceling our membership. Disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Synchrony Bank, which Sam's Club unfortunately has selected for all their credit cards. I previously had a Sam's Discover card, but it suddenly became a Sam's Club Mastercard, all without any credit check. The problems started when my wife died, and our Sam's Club membership had somehow been changed into her name. I had a credit card on that account for years prior to her passing, and always paid in full on time each month. Synchrony immediately closed the account, which I understand, but refused to issue me a card without applying for a new account, which I also understand.

Unfortunately this required thawing my frozen credit (to reduce risk of credit theft) so they could do a credit check, which I also understand. I have done this with other banks and credit card companies including Chase, Discover, Capital One, First National Bank of Omaha, and other institutions by thawing the credit (for a fee of course) for the credit bureau they use and supplying them with an access code so they could check my credit. Synchrony insisted that I thaw my credit with all three credit bureaus with access to anyone for a month since they did not know how to use the access code I provided them. I finally re-applied when I had it thawed for another purpose, and was accepted since I have excellent credit.

Next they entered the wrong birth-date for me in their system and would not allow me to change it without mailing them a photo ID. They now refuse to allow me to edit my online information since my phone number is a VOIP phone, which it has been for the past 11 years, and they do not recognize my computer which I have been using for the past 7 years to log onto their website. They refuse to send their access code to either my cell phone or home phone (VOIP) and insist that I cannot update my user profile until they mail me a letter in 10 working days. They also switched me from e-mail statements to regular mail statements a few months ago without my request, and will not allow me to restore that.

Today I noticed my credit card was cracked and called to get a new one issued. It took over 15 minutes to get a real person on the phone since their voice mail system does not include requesting a new card or talking to a real person, and they could not verify my account due to the wrong birth-date they had entered. I was eventually able to get a new card sent, and they claimed they had sent one 2 months ago, which I never received. Their customer service is horrible, and they don't seem to care. I suggest you avoid Synchrony Bank if possible, and like me, request Sam's Club to change banks.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

For the one day only sale on 12/15 which started at 12:01A, I was online well before 12:00 and had the sale item I wanted in my shopping cart. I attempted to pay at 12:01 and was told item was out of stock. Customer service was no help - just kept telling me they "understood" but could do nothing.

Sam's Club Company Information