3.8/5 (595 ratings)

About Pier 1

Pier 1 is a retailer for furniture, rugs, curtains, dining and entertaining accessories, pillows, cushions, decor, lighting, candles, seasonal gifts and more. All purchases come with a 45-day return policy. Shop online or at local retail stores throughout the United States and Canada.

Pier 1 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pier 1?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pier 1?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I ordered $100 worth of goods. After 2 weeks and NO updates, I called and asked status. The items were not shipped yet. I then asked to cancel my order and refund the purchase. They said they offered me a 150% store credit. I said "no" and asked for a refund. He said "I will have to escalate this and you will get a email". After another week and NO communication, I called back. Again they wanted me to take a 150% store credit. When I said no, refund my money, they AGAIN said they needed to escalate this.

After another day I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. At first they said there was no supervisor, but after arguing with them they said they had no "live transfer capability". After more arguing, they said they COULD transfer me but needed my name and address first. I reminded them that they said they had no "live transfer", so how all of a sudden were they able to transfer me. They then hung up on me. Contacted my bank and put in a fraudulent charge claim. This is just a scam, there is NO merchandise and they just take your money. Everyone you talk to is named "Mark" also.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I placed 3 orders, all confirmed. A week later I inquired about status, since there was no movement. I was advised that all my orders were out of stock, and Pier 1 offered a 150% store credit, which I refused. I read other reviews, and the only way to process a quick refund is to file a dispute with your credit card company, which I did, and my refund was provided within a few days.

Another week later, my husband received a tracking number for his same item and quantity, which he is gifting to a family member. I am frustrated how my husband placed his order 2 days after me, and received a tracking number, while I was told the item is out of stock for all 3 of my orders. Whether or not my husband's order will actually ship, since he has a tracking number is still a mystery. I am in disbelief, since my orders have all been cancelled and refunded, and I still continue to get emails that my order are still processing, after 3 weeks now. Pier 1 is not a legit company you can trust to do business with. They will frustrate the heck out of you.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I purchased 2 Bar Stools $477 was charged to my credit card. It stated it was in stock & a FedEx number was created. It was never in stock, nothing was sent to FedEx. I emailed Pier1 customer service the following week & I was correct they didn’t have the items. I was sent a reply email stating that I could have a store credit & they would offered more $ for another purchase of something else. I declined and said I should of never been charged until the items actually shipped, just like every other company I’ve ordered from. Now the response is, it was sent to a different department & I should get a refund in 14-21 days. What?? They took my $ for a month. Scam be aware they show stock that isn’t there hoping you’ll buy something else with them.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Be aware. With an order, you will be required to add an invisible subscription for $9.99. I kept seeing this on my card and simply thought it was a lingering part of my order of several items. Finally, after the third time (we are all busy, right?) I called. "Oh yes. You subscribed with your order in September." (Three months ago.) NO, I MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT. A subscription to PIER 1? Who subscribes to PIER 1? The products were substandard, however I kept them anyway to avoid the hassle and to keep the vendor in business. I always liked PIER 1. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. I have to go out of my way to find them. I will not order anything again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I have never experience nothing like this since I have been ordering online. I ordered 1 room spray and 3 oil fragrances. Instead of them sending me 3 oil fragrances they sent me 3 outdoor carpets. I reached out to them for 2 weeks before UPS picked up the carpets. I spoke to several service rep over and over until I asked to speak with a manager which I never did. I did finally receive the room spray but never received the oil. I will Never order from this website again. Please be aware.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Like many others I should’ve read return policy. No refund, only store credit. What a scam. Overseas customer service rep was rude and didn’t care. I’ll use my store credit hopefully to purchase something of better quality then I will never shop Pier One again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

They sent a message that they & manufact. were out. They want me to take store credit. I said, "No, send me my money back." Now looking at all these reviews, I most likely JUST GOT TOOK. I live on S.S.... Colleen.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I cancelled by the phone order online in 8 minutes and and they accept this but after they charged money from my bank account. They sad it was too late because product was shipped - in 8 minutes!! THey told me I will return and gave me wrong wrong number of shipment company. Instead of USPS I was contacted during 4 days to UPS by phone # they provided. They emailed me with statement that they can give me store credit!!. Unbelievable! Do not make a business with PIER 1 if you do not want to have problems. Poor customer service with bad management.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Have been using mail order for the past 18 months due to Covid. Had good experiences and a few mistakes. One of the companies that made a mistake was very good at fixing it, but NOT PIER 1. Pier 1 could not survive in retail and they will not survive in mail order either. They are worse at mail order than they ever were in retail. I ordered and paid for a coffee table. It was about $400 and had no instructions and no hardware (bolts, screws, etc...) After asking me to take pictures of everything, which I did immediately despite the fact that they wanted a picture of what DIDN'T ARRIVE??? What a joke! Just a delay tactic. Spoke to 6 people in 4 days, and no one ever called back and still have not even sent the hardware and instructions. I have a table top and bottom sitting in my living room and they cannot even manage to mail me the instructions and hardware that SHOULD have been in the package.

No money back - no table - no return calls - no tracking number because they still didn't send the hardware. NOTHING has been done in 4 days except ,"I'm so sorry miss, please accept my apology miss, blah blah blah." They have the customer service people apologize over and over but DO NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO OWN THE PROBLEM AND FIX IT!!! Are they kidding me? The worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working with -- take my advice and don't make my mistake. Nothing is worth this aggravation as there are PLENTY of good mail order companies out there.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I ordered 4 dining chairs online totaling over $2,000. Once received (later than promised) they did not appear as pictured online and did not fit well in the space. I immediately replied to the email to the confirmation email to initiate the return process which got dragged out for days due to their slow response time. When they finally confirmed the return they sent me a link to their return policy which states they only give store credit and in select circumstances at that.

I called to speak with someone verbally and was told that they do not refund money for any purchases and would receive store credit and 20% of my purchase back in "cash". This is not something that is told to customers prior to purchase! When viewing items and clicking the "Add to Cart" feature there is nowhere where it states a return policy or provides a link. When checking out there is nowhere where it states the policy or provides a link. When you receive email confirmation there is nowhere where it states the policy or provides a link. Had they do so I would have canceled my order and not even taken the risk of receiving an unwanted item for $2,000. Then to give me store credit when I cannot go to any in person store and get a good look at another product in person because they are all closed is a slap in the face. I will NEVER shop at Pier 1 ever again and advise everyone else to avoid them at all costs.

Pier 1 Company Information