3.8/5 (377 ratings)

About Pier 1

Pier 1 is a retailer for furniture, rugs, curtains, dining and entertaining accessories, pillows, cushions, decor, lighting, candles, seasonal gifts and more. All purchases come with a 45-day return policy. Shop online or at local retail stores throughout the United States and Canada.

Pier 1 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pier 1?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pier 1?

Original review: April 19, 2022

I ordered a watercolor photo which I understand will be unique but you can't tell what the picture is. Looks like colors of blobs on a canvas. It has runs all over like someone spilled water on it. You can't read the words on the picture. Do not order a picture like this from Pier One. You will be sorry and there is no exceptions on the return policy.

Original review: April 17, 2022

My Elderly mother placed an order for a lamp, somehow entered a quantity of 3 vs 1. We contacted Pier 1’s customer service within minutes of submitting the order to correct the mistake. They stated it was too late. The order was already in process and there was nothing they could do. They would send return labels with the shipment so we could send 2 right back for a refund. The lamps arrived without the labels. We called and they had us generate them online. We returned the 2 lamps to receive confirmation of store credit. When I reached out to explain and ask for the refund we were expecting due to the mistake I was told ‘we don’t do refunds for any reason’. Buyer beware. Now we have a $300 credit to a store we have no interest in doing business with again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2022

It's been more than 2 months since I made my first purchase, which was a rug, and another smaller item. After 3 weeks I did not have any information about my purchase, then they tell me that they are having problems delivering that item, they cancel me and force me to continue buying in their store, they did not give me my refund to my credit card. And to finish I have canceled a couple more times, they never have the items I want but they still don't want to refund my money. This store has become the worst to buy, my advice: do not spend there because your product will not arrive or your money will not be returned and you will end up buying things you do not want or need.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I ordered $100 worth of goods. After 2 weeks and NO updates, I called and asked status. The items were not shipped yet. I then asked to cancel my order and refund the purchase. They said they offered me a 150% store credit. I said "no" and asked for a refund. He said "I will have to escalate this and you will get a email". After another week and NO communication, I called back. Again they wanted me to take a 150% store credit. When I said no, refund my money, they AGAIN said they needed to escalate this.

After another day I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. At first they said there was no supervisor, but after arguing with them they said they had no "live transfer capability". After more arguing, they said they COULD transfer me but needed my name and address first. I reminded them that they said they had no "live transfer", so how all of a sudden were they able to transfer me. They then hung up on me. Contacted my bank and put in a fraudulent charge claim. This is just a scam, there is NO merchandise and they just take your money. Everyone you talk to is named "Mark" also.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I placed 3 orders, all confirmed. A week later I inquired about status, since there was no movement. I was advised that all my orders were out of stock, and Pier 1 offered a 150% store credit, which I refused. I read other reviews, and the only way to process a quick refund is to file a dispute with your credit card company, which I did, and my refund was provided within a few days.

Another week later, my husband received a tracking number for his same item and quantity, which he is gifting to a family member. I am frustrated how my husband placed his order 2 days after me, and received a tracking number, while I was told the item is out of stock for all 3 of my orders. Whether or not my husband's order will actually ship, since he has a tracking number is still a mystery. I am in disbelief, since my orders have all been cancelled and refunded, and I still continue to get emails that my order are still processing, after 3 weeks now. Pier 1 is not a legit company you can trust to do business with. They will frustrate the heck out of you.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I purchased 2 Bar Stools $477 was charged to my credit card. It stated it was in stock & a FedEx number was created. It was never in stock, nothing was sent to FedEx. I emailed Pier1 customer service the following week & I was correct they didn’t have the items. I was sent a reply email stating that I could have a store credit & they would offered more $ for another purchase of something else. I declined and said I should of never been charged until the items actually shipped, just like every other company I’ve ordered from. Now the response is, it was sent to a different department & I should get a refund in 14-21 days. What?? They took my $ for a month. Scam be aware they show stock that isn’t there hoping you’ll buy something else with them.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Be aware. With an order, you will be required to add an invisible subscription for $9.99. I kept seeing this on my card and simply thought it was a lingering part of my order of several items. Finally, after the third time (we are all busy, right?) I called. "Oh yes. You subscribed with your order in September." (Three months ago.) NO, I MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT. A subscription to PIER 1? Who subscribes to PIER 1? The products were substandard, however I kept them anyway to avoid the hassle and to keep the vendor in business. I always liked PIER 1. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. I have to go out of my way to find them. I will not order anything again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I have never experience nothing like this since I have been ordering online. I ordered 1 room spray and 3 oil fragrances. Instead of them sending me 3 oil fragrances they sent me 3 outdoor carpets. I reached out to them for 2 weeks before UPS picked up the carpets. I spoke to several service rep over and over until I asked to speak with a manager which I never did. I did finally receive the room spray but never received the oil. I will Never order from this website again. Please be aware.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Like many others I should’ve read return policy. No refund, only store credit. What a scam. Overseas customer service rep was rude and didn’t care. I’ll use my store credit hopefully to purchase something of better quality then I will never shop Pier One again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

They sent a message that they & manufact. were out. They want me to take store credit. I said, "No, send me my money back." Now looking at all these reviews, I most likely JUST GOT TOOK. I live on S.S.... Colleen.

Pier 1 Company Information