2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Neiman Marcus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Terrible experience. I paid $200 for shoes for my wedding, a few months later I was diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy and have very little feeling in my feet accompanied by poor balance so these 3 inch wedges just weren't a great idea. I decided to chat with a Neiman Marcus agent and see if they would be willing to help me out. The agent agreed to authorize the return as long as I paid the shipping, which I found more than fair seeing as I was months outside of their return window. I pay $25 for 2 day shipping with insurance through the postal service and after it finally makes it to Texas it lands in the middle of the snowstorm so another week passes and my shoes finally arrive for my refund only to be turned away and sent directly back to me because.... You guessed it, out of the return window.

I chat with an agent and explain that I was told the return was approved and they apologize and say there's nothing they will do for me except refund my shipping costs. So here I sit, no shoes, wedding in 3 months, hopefully they show up by then, and my choice is spend another $200 or so on a second pair and be in this for $400 or risk my crap balance and feet I can't feel forsaking me in the middle of my wedding. All because of a poorly trained agent and a company unwilling to stand by their word. Don't waste your time.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I received my sunglasses, they came in a nice satin bag. But when i first saw them, they were not what i expected. The first thing is, one of the lenses were out of the frame. They had fell out. When i put them back in the frame, they would not stay in. I'm guessing they were too small. The shades were flimsy and lightweight like plastic. I was under the impression that the frame would be heavy being that the shades were suppose to be gold plated metal. When i put the shades on, the did not fit my face. The kept slipping down and to top it off....the lenses were dirty. I was highly disappointed in my item. For $250.00 i was expecting something worth what i paid. It was a rip off. Now i'm in the process of returning the item and getting all my money back. The shades ain't even real 12k gold plated. That's false advertisement on the companies part. There was a scratch mark on the frames and when i wiped the frames off, it would not wipe off. I would not recommend buying any sunglasses from this company.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Atlanta, GA. If had zero star I’ll give. I’m their loyal customer for many years specially this location near my house. I never have to go to their customer service. But today’s my first time I need to return the perfume I bought online. First, I asked the security guy where customer service is. He used his hand to point out. Don’t even say a word. When I was at customer service have 2 people there. One sat on work at working table, one sat on the couch opposite. The guy on the couch asked me what do I need. I was so confused that he worked there. And he said I couldn’t return my item 'cause it been opened. And the lady on the table said no too. I’m not angry because I couldn’t return it. But both of them seen I’m Asian. Don’t understand English. They spoke louder and louder.

Both are sitting while I’m standing between them. They are not rude but very attitude to me. Not even standing or greeting or the first sentence: How May I help you instead of what do you need? I don’t know how they are been training. 3 people they are all **. As an Asian customer who spending thousand and thousand dollars for Neiman and have experience at their customer service in very first time. I’m so totally disappointed. They are selling high end products but their customer service is lower than anything. They are don’t say sorry to me when they can’t help me to make my return but I have to say sorry to Neiman Marcus 'cause you lost 1 loyal customer. Please training for employee right away.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I recieved my new shoes today (or what I thought was new). I was sent a refurbished pair of Christian Louboutin. The bottom of the shoes had scratches and dents that either the previous owner or Neiman attempted to repair with the infamous red bottom paint. The paper in the box was all wrinkled and the shoes was not wrapped as you normally would receive a new shoes. Not even shoe stuffing! On the bottom of all shoes there is a little plastic sticker, that sticker print was faded and dirt was around the edges. The back base (achilles heal) had creases of wear to top it all off. The unmitigated gull of this top end store to sale a use shoe as a new purchased for $695 not to mention hygienic exposure during this pandemic.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I purchased a 195.00 Tara Harper creme riche moisturizer along with several hundred dollars of Christmas gifts. When I tried the cream it was off. I put the batch number (bottom of jar) into Tata Harper website and it was expired and old. I called Tata Harper and they said it was old and return it to the store. I did so within 7 days. They told me because I used it I couldn’t return it. They then offered an exchange. I told them I returned it because it was old and they proceed to ask what I didn’t like about it. I had enough and demanded my money back. She went on to school me about returns and never acknowledged the product was old.

It’s supposed to be handmade in Vermont and farm fresh hence batch dates. Why shop with them!! I spent so much and not even a sample or two dropped in my bag. They refused to acknowledge the fact it was being returned because it was old. They could have looked at the batch number themselves! They blew my day arguing with me about a simple return. Never again. Went straight to harper's website today and received a free gifts, samples and 25 percent off!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

In August I purchased some items online and most didn't work out for me so I requested a return. In the meantime I fell down a flight of stairs in my home and broke my neck and was hospitalized and had surgery. When I was well enough I returned the items, however it was well past the return policy. I have tried everything I know, even going into Neiman's and showing them the 8" scar going down my neck. While the girl at Neiman's store tried her best to help me, it was to no avail. I then called the customer service department and again, the girl on the phone was doing everything she could, but the management said NO, even when explaining the circumstances. I have been a good customer for Neiman's for many years. I Just purchased a ton of Christmas presents there and wish I hadn't. I am going to close my account and never shop at Neiman Marcus again. Clearly they do not care about customers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I finally bought my first shoes of Christian Louboutin. I was super excited when I got them however after receiving it by mail I noticed that I’m size 37 but I got by mistake 37.5. Then the same day I went to the store to see if I can change it for the correct size. When I get there right away the lady start smelling the bottom of the shoes then proceed to get a similar pair to compared with mine, then she notice that my shoes sole was lighter red color than the one from the store and she keep saying smell like fresh paint keep in my since this is my first shoes I have no idea what she’s talking about “fresh paint”. Then she send a sale guy to call online customer service because she was the manager. The guy comes back and said to me people from online denied my exchange and I keep asking him what was the issue and he just keep saying online store just said no.

Do you know how humiliated I felt knowing that I just spent more than $700 for a pair of shoes and this people are basically telling me that my shoes are fake!! When I have the receipt to prove it. That didn’t feel good at all. I left the store and call online customer service and explain to them what just happened, the lady explained to me that is normal that some shoes have lighter red than the other ones and this is completely normal that what I needed to do is go back to the store and instead of an exchange just return the shoes and purchase another pair with the correct size.

I go back to the store explain to the manager what they just told me then she call online store and she explain to them what I’m trying to do but then she mentioned to them that the shoes smells like fresh paint again making me feel embarrassed and what she have in front of her is a pair of fake Christian Louboutin. PS she never said the shoes were fake she keep saying that the shoes are different from what they have at the store, to me this is a better way to say the shoes are fake. At the end I still have the shoes. They did not help me and I felt discriminated. The way they handle the situation was unacceptable. First time I purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin, first time I can afford this kind of shoes and first time I purchase something from Neiman Marcus and it was a total disaster.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Last Call unfortunately closed all their shops as well as online shopping. It has been a very efficient and very convenient site for all my shopping needs. Truly sorry that they are closed. Best site.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Everyone PLEASE PLEASE BE AWARE, I ordered a very expensive item, never received it and yet Neiman Marcus refused to refund me. I just filed a claim with my credit card company. Make sure to shop at Saks or any other department store to avoid the same situation. I'm soooo upset and stressed. I will never ever shop with them again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I purchased 2 items online, and never received them. I was told they were signed for by someone, and I’m stuck with the balance due of $1460.00!! I have been disputing this with them for 5 months, and now have been told I’m no longer able to contact them regarding the matter. They won’t contact the police department nor refer to the police report I made. Absolutely the worst customer care I’ve ever encountered.

Neiman Marcus Company Information