1.26/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

195 Neiman Marcus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

I will return later in week to relay the details of my experience with Neiman Marcus (NM). For now, I seriously cannot in good conscience let another minute go by that I can exercise my duty to assist others via this site in hopes of preventing another potential customer from having to endure what I have over the past week in dealing with NM — during multiple botched transactions involving me having to LITERALLY spend three entire hours in online chat sessions with unbelievably incompetent, inept, inadequately trained & apathetic customer service representatives (CSR’s) — despite repeatedly, politely but but firmly —requesting to speak immediately to a supervisor — & having spent over fifteen hundred dollars ($1,500+). One CSR even went so far as to intentionally delete portions of our chat transcript in a covert effort to make our conversation appear differently than it had in actuality.

Fortunately, I had the good sense to take screenshots of the entire chat throughout its duration & prior to her having done so, this poses documentable proof of the truth, & fully intend to make it my mission to spread the word regarding my experience via every topical social media resource available to me & as well as post multiple reviews relaying exactly what occurred on consumer protection sites such as this.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I received this item which Neiman representative said is only at their store, but they wouldn't give a a store credit without a receipt. They said I should contact the giver and get one. I asked for the Store manager who said "the computer system doesn't allow for entries like that"... We ALL know that as a manager, especially a store manager, he could of done it. He choose not to and gave me a hard time for the $80 credit. I said I'd shop right then, but he stuck to his guns. Now I know why the store is empty and people refer to this store as "needless markup". I donated the gift and will spread the word for everyone to NOT shop there.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I purchased a pair of Cole Haan boots (over $100, not cheap) and within two months, a bolt of some sort starting coming into the interior of the heel. It makes it impossible to wear the boots as one side is very uncomfortable and hurts. I contacted the store and they said they could not do anything about it, (fix or replace) 30 days after purchase. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Neiman's Bergdorf Goodman store sold my wife a fake Fendi handbag, we are working with Fendi to resolve the issue but the people at Bergdorf Goodman are ignoring both me and the representatives of Fendi. Be wary of the good sold by Bergdorf Goodman.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I bought a Bally pair of shoes and they got unstitched the first time I used them. I called CS to ask them about what I can do. They told me, "Bring them to the store because you bought them on February 17, 2020". I proceed to drive to Galleria Mall NM on Fort Lauderdale. At my surprise the employee told me "We don't receive that back". I ask her to contact CS and when she call we wait 28 minutes and then needed to ask for a supervisor. At the end I never resolve the issue and $428.00 dollars were going to the garbage. PLEASE AVOID NEIMAN MARCUS. THERE MORE STORE WITH SAME BRANDS AND REALLY GOOD CS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Purchased 4 bath towels online from Neiman Marcus during holiday season 2018. Upon receiving the towels washed them according to the instructions. Upon removing from the washer, all 4 towels were defective - fraying and threads undone. Contacted Neiman Marcus about experience and requested refund and return. During holidays Neiman's stated they had extended return time window, and we were well within the timeframe. Contacted customer service and rep apologized and accepted the return and provide a return authorization. Today we receive the towels back with a typewritten letter stating that they were now refusing the return. Stupid retailer, no accountability or responsibility and never cared about their customers or providing top quality products. Will never shop here ever again. Been a long term customer 15+ years.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Reason for the complaint: items bought during promotion period which were entitled to pre-set amount of gift cards have yet to come after 3 and half months. Reason for the mistake: one of the qualified items was EXCHANGED at local store. Verification of such a measure was consented by online and in-store reps confirming no impact will be on gift cards prior to the exchange was made (since I saw this coming).

Just like what I thought, Rep wrongfully coded the exchanged item, original order was affected, disqualified for the originally guaranteed gift card amount. Multiple phone calls and in-store follow-up did not result in complete resolution of this case. Other stores like Bloomingdales offer on-site instantaneous price OFF during promotion period, much easier and better policy, I would recommend avoid Neiman Marcus during holiday shopping period.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Dishonest sale representatives, do not provide samples to try, rude operation manager and take advantage of customer. The worst experience and quality. Rude attitude and dishonest sales do not inform re return policy.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Complaint Type: Refund / Exchange Issues. Description of Complaint: I have been a customer of Neiman Marcus for about 15 year or more. This is the first time I express my deep disappointment and dissatisfaction with firstly customer service at the cosmetic counter and secondly about handling my complaint by store manager. This is the summary of what happened. On 1/22/19 I stopped by at NM Paramus NJ store to get a sample of the expensive perfume by Tom Ford. The sales associate couldn’t provide me with such and I ended up buying a full small bottle of the perfume as a gift to a person. 2 days later I came back to the store with the intention to return or exchange a perfume since the person who I gifted it to didn’t like it.

Completely unaware I was greeted by the different sales associate by saying the return of the perfume can NOT be made since the cover is no longer on the box. The perfume was obviously opened because the person needed to see/smell what is inside. She pointed to the return policy on the back of the receipt where there is nothing specified regarding the perfume or cosmetics. We tried to get help from the cosmetic manager on the floor by the name of Elisa ** who didn’t bother to talk to me or accommodate my return at all. I was sent upstairs to customer service department, while I was walking there a phone call was made by Elisa ** not to assist any further.

I was only suggested to speak to the Customer reps by dialing 800 number. I called and again got no help, was provided with another suggestion to contact general store manager Brook **. I emailed Mrs **. She replied promptly but in her reply she only repeated that there’s a store policy not to accept items without tags attached or altered that doesn’t apply to the box of perfume at all. After a phone call from Brook ** I clearly understand why there are so many customers complaining about NM store, its policy and overall customer care in recent years. From the high end customer oriented department store this NM became one of many downgraded places.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I recently bought a Creed perfume and wanted to sample some other scent. I waited at the counter for 10 mins before the salesperson showed up. When I asked if I could have some sample, the sales lady - Mary gave me a big fuss how the sample perfume they have are running low on stock and how she have to spray into the bottle then uttered “you can only pick two”. I was shocked being treated this way. Shopping at NM Palo Alto is a mistake. I’ll stick with Nordstrom in future.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I ordered a Jimmy Choo shoes online after Thanksgiving. I received a used pair of shoes. Bottom dirty and one of the shoes with no paper inside to keep the form of the shoe. I didn't return it because they don't have my size anymore. Ordered the shoe for my wedding in June. For the price I paid it is not right that Neiman Marcus is not paying attention to what they are sending to customers. I will never order online again. Terrible.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Buscemi Men's 100mm High-Top Sneakers, Red. BEWARE. WILL NOT HONOR ONLINE ORDERS! OR DO ANYTHING FOR YOU! Ordered online, they are all out of the sneaker from 4 days after the order. They did not send me anything or honor my order! No gift card just 10% off of 850 dollar sneakers well done! I got such a good deal. They canceled my order! I'll never shop here again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The General manager Tracey ** went above and beyond to make my Christmas shopping simply perfect. I definitely will recommend the store from Sawgrass Mall to everyone I know. Thank you for bringing my smile back and making me feel again the Christmas spirit.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I bought two dresses for my daughters at the Phoenix Neiman Marcus on 12/15/2018 in the Dress Dept. One dress was $247.00 and the other dress was $200.00. I happened to be back there on 12/21/2018 & saw that the $247.00 dress was marked down online to $185. I had my receipt & it was less than a week. Julie the manager from the dress Dept was called out & said to me she would not honor the price adjustment because it was on sale already. I had bought 3 other dresses that same day besides these two dresses. I said, "Well I can just return the dress & rebuy it online." She said “Well if you want to bother to do that & buy it online I can’t stop you.“ I will NEVER buy anything at this store again the way she spoke to me. I found her remarks to be condescending and rude. Honestly NM can’t afford to give a $61.75 price adjustment?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Ordered a pair of UGG gloves as a gift with their "promised" next day delivery. FedEx did not deliver them the next day and I was told If I wanted them sooner than Christmas Eve would have to get them myself from FedEx. I called the store and was told there was nothing they could do. The supervisor was rude and simply stated there was nothing she could do. I asked how was that when they do most millions of dollars in business with this company. It was not even troublesome to them that they use a company that in my experience have had multiple problems with. They use this company and promote free overnight shipping to get you to buy things from them and they do not care at all that this is not the case and offer nothing for your trouble. Stay away from this company and from any company that uses FedEx.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I applied for the Neiman Marcus credit card and went through all the criteria to get approved by the bank. When I received my card I went and made a purchase for Christmas. Their customer service is horrible. They would not put the order through saying I had to submit a pay stub and picture ID. I had no problem sending over a picture ID but a pay stub really. I was approved based on my credit and now I can’t use it because they decided I needed to send a pay stub. As I told them they are racial profiling because I’m middle eastern and not one of the rich and famous. Terrible company and this is the first of many complaints I intend to make.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We have been credit card NM customers for decades. We don't use the card hardly anymore due to the interest rate as of December, 2018 for 25.99%!! Our credit is excellent so why such a high rate? If we shop there at all we'll use a different cc card, it goes without saying. It's not even worth the time to call and request a lower percentage; it's that aggravating. Their point system has also declined over the years. So much different than Nordstrom.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Neiman Marcus accepts returns but fails on customer service when it comes to shipping and keeping your money tied up for weeks. I shipped my return to the company late November from Colorado. It was received, according to tracking information, in Grapevine, Texas where it has sat for 10 days and counting. No information, updates or money back. Absolutely horrendous experience when compared to Amazon (refund as soon as the item is scanned by the post office). Neiman uses a cut rate shipping company with the WORST reviews called Newgistics. This company doesn't care about customers of their retail clients as it does not have a phone system that will actually connect you with a Customer Service rep. I am really aggravated and HATE Neiman Marcus. Great strategy: screw your customer and give them no information about the refund.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

It took me 5 times to finally tell me that they couldn't place the gift card order over the phone. 1. Online - does not work. Tried other credit cards, still saying it wasn't working. 2. Chat guy, telling me to clean cache and to call 888 number. 3. Calling the 888 for them to tell me to call the 214 number. 4. A lady Shauna, to tell me I got the right number but not the right extension. 5. I got the right extension just to be told the same as the chat guy and that she "couldn't" place the order over the phone, finally someone told me that. It will be so simply to avoid any headaches of wasting people time by saying, "Our online system is done through a 3rd party. System is down and NO, we don't place orders over the phone." What a nightmare. I spent over an hour on this, time I could spend with my family. Thanks NM for your such great needless markup service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I ordered a shoes for my birthday dinner on November 23rd and I paid the 2 days shipping so I could get it on before my birthday. I didn’t get it I called to cancel it the day the said that I was going to get it. I spoke to a few people - they all said something different and being told that there’s nothing they can do for me but sorry. They did not do it and my money is gone. The item said delivered but I don’t get it. Bad customer service and very bad experience. I am highly dissatisfied. You guys can do better. How you going to let a delivery guy drop a box with something expensive on the floor without nobody signing it? It’s ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I purchased a Moncler Hermine Coat ($1,695.00) online last Sunday at 4 pm. It was supposed to be a 2-day shipping. Tuesday morning rolls around, I waited patiently for the shipping information but none came. So I went onto their website for the live chat with an associate. She said there was a delay because it was being shipped out from a store instead of a warehouse. I was assured that the merchandise will be delivered by Friday. It is Thursday today and I still haven’t gotten a shipping info, so I call NM again this morning at 11 am. They tell me that the expected delivery date is 12/3!!!! I am furious and they tell me that they are sorry for the delay and will change the shipping to next-day shipping and I will have the coat by end of business day tomorrow. I checked my e-mail every hour, waiting for the shipping email, and at 3:30 pm, I log onto NM and find out that my order has been CANCELLED!!!!

I was furious and called NM and asked them how they can just cancel an order without even notifying me first. They said that this “JUST” took place and that I will be getting an email later today. There was a store that had the coat in stock, but they just found out that it wasn’t there anymore. It took them 5 days after I placed my order to figure out that they do NOT have the merchandise in stock. I don’t understand why it took them 5 days to finally decide to try to ship out my order when it was supposed to have been a 2-day shipping in the first place!!! I ordered this coat during their Black Friday promotion. I am supposed to get a $200 gift card with a qualifying order of $1,000 or more. Now I am out of a coat and my $200 gift card. All NM is saying is that they are “sorry” and there is nothing they can do. RIDICULOUS!!!! What a TERRIBLE customer service and solution for their mistake!!!! This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have ordered the item from their website and been waiting more than one month. When I asked about the item via live chat, the answer was I had to wait without expected arrival date! This is how they respond to customers. No more Neiman Marcus.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I bought 3 items. I returned 2 due to not fitting properly. Neiman Marcus only refunded one item. They did not scan my parcel properly at the processing centre. They refused to honour their mistake. I am $300 out of pocket. Never ever buy online from Neiman Marcus. They are incompetent and dishonest.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I order online daily. Almost no issues ever. I placed an order with NM on items that there was only one left. My card was authorized just fine. 3 hours later I get an email that my order was canceled because they couldn't verify my information. What in the world does that mean? No one called or tried to verify anything. Calling NM - first time I call "there is no one available to take your call. Bye" WHAT?!! Second time I call it goes to a person that sounds like a robot and barely speaks English. They ask me the same questions 5 times, "wait" "wait" "wait". 30 minutes later nothing is resolved. "I'm looking for the email you received". Seriously, tell me if it's canceled and why, it's not that hard. Email states I need to place the order again. It won't go through this time. Screw all this, I'll stick to Bloomingdales!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I recently received a catalogue for Horchow.com that featured a 30% savings on what I thought was Match Pewter. In an effort to clarify the authenticity, I visited our local NM retailer. I was told that the Horchow product was likely a lower quality and that the price advertised could not be matched in store. The associate was kind enough to call Horchow and confirmed in my presence that the products in catalogue and in store were the same quality. I was denied access to purchase in store because a ‘manager’ was convinced that his in store quality was different. I attempted to get further clarification via live chat and over a one hour period; received contradictory information about the product I intended to buy.

I was able to confirm in writing and was told the products were one in the same and indeed Match Pewter. When I attempted to purchase online, the 30% site wide discount would not apply. I referenced the exclusions online and Match was not a vendor disclosed. I called customer service and they too were perplexed. I was not able to make a purchase today. Needless to say I am disappointed, disillusioned, and no longer a consumer interested in doing business with the NM brands. I feel like their advertising was false and their customer service representatives (although courteous and professional) are set up to fail.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I ordered the Ziip device & gel duo which is well over $500. The shipping department just sent the gel, not the very expensive device. When I called customer service to ask them to send me the device, they said that they couldn't do that and that I would have to send the gel back (a hassle in and of itself). They also said that they would only refund me my money once they got the gel back and then recharge my card for the device. SO INEFFICIENT when all they had to do to solve the issue was ship my missing device. The absolute worst shipping and customer service experience. I told them I just wanted a refund and that I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes almost $300. Didn't receive my package but tracking shows delivered inside my mailbox. I called them and tells me to call back in 3 days because it is too early to file a claim. I've called them 4 times total with different information every time. It's almost been 20 days since supposedly my package was delivered and I just talked to Neiman today and they said a claim was filed last week. So what were they doing during the whole time? Everyone customer service rep is so rude on the phone! All they say is WAIT. OK, what am I supposed to be waiting for?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I placed an online order and paid with my credit card with no problems. Or so I thought. I then received an email from NM stating my credit card did not go through. I immediately called NM and verified my cc info and it was the same as what I have on my cc. I then turned around and called my cc company and verified I had placed the order with NM and it was approved again. I kept getting emails from NM stating payment was not going through.

I finally got a call from a 1800 number from some person stating she had to again verify my address and cc number. Of course I did not give it to her since I could not identify where the call was coming from. So in the end my order was canceled after numerous calls to NM and my cc company. On top of that I lost a $75 promotion coupon I had received from CouponCabin. Worst online experience ever and I shop online daily! Call to Supervisor got me nowhere but asked if I wanted to place order again! NO thank you for the hassle!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I bought a La Mer Concentrate in March 2018 but didn't use it till September. My friend wants to buy it from me so I decided to re-sell to her. My friend want to check expiration date, after I punch in code at the bottom of the packages, it shows the product was manufacture in March 2010!!! Unbelievable! In person customer service was horrible, the floor manager didn't feel any bad about this, just told me that your complaint is noted. THAT WAS IT!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I placed an order for a Tom Ford Tuxedo which keep in mind is a hefty purchase of $5000. Estimated delivery was suppose to be 2 days after the purchase, however two days after my item still said processing. So I gave customer service a call to which I was told that the billing department has to confirm my information and that I should expect a call within a day. Waiting, waiting, waiting and of course I receive no call. So I call back and I get the same exact beat around the bush answer that it will ship "soon." What does soon mean?! So to cover my grounds I order another tux from their website so I can assure that maybe 1 of the 2 will come. Next day I get an email that not only has my item not shipped, but they are trying to locate it. Seriously?

All this time and they haven't even located it yet?! I'd like to know why such a renowned company like Neiman has nonexistent inventory on their website and can't locate merchandise in their warehouse. So I give Neiman a call and of course customer service is very unhelpful. I was transferred to the highest manager whom told me she was going to contact the warehouse but obviously she can't get in touch with them. How ridiculous is it that. I am so fed up with their service and will never buy from them again. No one should make the same mistake I did. The stress and anxiety that this has incurred on me is beyond words.

Neiman Marcus Company Information