1.19/5
Based on 155 reviews that contain star ratings

170 Neiman Marcus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I ordered the Ziip device & gel duo which is well over $500. The shipping department just sent the gel, not the very expensive device. When I called customer service to ask them to send me the device, they said that they couldn't do that and that I would have to send the gel back (a hassle in and of itself). They also said that they would only refund me my money once they got the gel back and then recharge my card for the device. SO INEFFICIENT when all they had to do to solve the issue was ship my missing device. The absolute worst shipping and customer service experience. I told them I just wanted a refund and that I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes almost $300. Didn't receive my package but tracking shows delivered inside my mailbox. I called them and tells me to call back in 3 days because it is too early to file a claim. I've called them 4 times total with different information every time. It's almost been 20 days since supposedly my package was delivered and I just talked to Neiman today and they said a claim was filed last week. So what were they doing during the whole time? Everyone customer service rep is so rude on the phone! All they say is WAIT. OK, what am I supposed to be waiting for?

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I placed an online order and paid with my credit card with no problems. Or so I thought. I then received an email from NM stating my credit card did not go through. I immediately called NM and verified my cc info and it was the same as what I have on my cc. I then turned around and called my cc company and verified I had placed the order with NM and it was approved again. I kept getting emails from NM stating payment was not going through.

I finally got a call from a 1800 number from some person stating she had to again verify my address and cc number. Of course I did not give it to her since I could not identify where the call was coming from. So in the end my order was canceled after numerous calls to NM and my cc company. On top of that I lost a $75 promotion coupon I had received from CouponCabin. Worst online experience ever and I shop online daily! Call to Supervisor got me nowhere but asked if I wanted to place order again! NO thank you for the hassle!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I bought a La Mer Concentrate in March 2018 but didn't use it till September. My friend wants to buy it from me so I decided to re-sell to her. My friend want to check expiration date, after I punch in code at the bottom of the packages, it shows the product was manufacture in March 2010!!! Unbelievable! In person customer service was horrible, the floor manager didn't feel any bad about this, just told me that your complaint is noted. THAT WAS IT!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I placed an order for a Tom Ford Tuxedo which keep in mind is a hefty purchase of $5000. Estimated delivery was suppose to be 2 days after the purchase, however two days after my item still said processing. So I gave customer service a call to which I was told that the billing department has to confirm my information and that I should expect a call within a day. Waiting, waiting, waiting and of course I receive no call. So I call back and I get the same exact beat around the bush answer that it will ship "soon." What does soon mean?! So to cover my grounds I order another tux from their website so I can assure that maybe 1 of the 2 will come. Next day I get an email that not only has my item not shipped, but they are trying to locate it. Seriously?

All this time and they haven't even located it yet?! I'd like to know why such a renowned company like Neiman has nonexistent inventory on their website and can't locate merchandise in their warehouse. So I give Neiman a call and of course customer service is very unhelpful. I was transferred to the highest manager whom told me she was going to contact the warehouse but obviously she can't get in touch with them. How ridiculous is it that. I am so fed up with their service and will never buy from them again. No one should make the same mistake I did. The stress and anxiety that this has incurred on me is beyond words.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased a pair of women's shoes online as a present. After two weeks, I learned that the package was lost in mail. I have called Neiman for replacement or refund three times and every time I called that claimed that they are processing a refund.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Tory Burch Jelly sandals on sale for $47 down from $98 in MY size (11) Woohoo! Chose color (ivory) and went Immediately to check out. "Sorry this item is no longer available." I was disappointed, so looked for a similar pair because now I really wanted them. It's hard to find a stylish pair of ivory/white sandals. So I found what looked nearly identical advertised as leather for the $98 price. I'll pay that for leather. Guess what? I received the exact pair of JELLY (plastic) sandals I wanted in the first place. For $98. I have emailed SIX times with detailed photos of the item, the style number, TB website info, etc. These people refuse to admit fault or refund the difference in price. At this point it's just the principle that counts. Feels like classic bait-and-switch. I will never shop at Neiman Marcus again. But I will be going into a location near me to straighten this out!

Original review: July 22, 2018

Nothing is sadder in the world of retail than seeing the iconic store go down to the level of any local five and dime store (do they still have those)? Neiman's used to be the epitome of customer service excellence, and I felt privileged shopping there. Now, it's anything but. The music is loud and blaring of rap music as if at a local bar, the service reps cannot be bothered with anything other than their own agenda, and the merchandise is inconsistent. It isn't totally their fault; the best of the best have all taken a nosedive. Talbots, another fave, has also morphed into the cheap zone, and even Chanel is unrecognizable. So, for this great disappointment of being a loyal customer for 35 years, I have closed my account and will shop online directly from the manufacturers when I need something. This Boomer Girl is sad to see a good thing end, though enough is enough for this Dallasite.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have to get really mad to posts reviews and Neiman Marcus has infuriated me. I purchased an expensive Valentino bag online and then a friend told me that the bag is 60% off at Saks and Barneys and 4 other retail stores. Since I placed the order already I would assume with all the money I spend at Neiman's and I'm a good customer they would price match because they say they will. Saks and Barneys and Harrods had a couple of bags left. I emailed Neiman Marcus the link but by the time almost 2 days later they reviewed it the bags were all sold out. The same exact bag. They are claiming they can't price match unless it's in stock. I would have bought the bag yesterday or the day before somewhere else. They have proof of the bag being 60% off at more than 4 competitor stores. They are selling this bag and tins of other full price.

This is disgusting and the fact that they won't price match is horrific since they were in stock when I originally contacted them. Their customer service is horrible. No wonder the stores look like they are going to **. Maybe they are going bankrupt. They are ripping off customers left and right. I will NEVER shop here again. I have worked in retail as a manager and this is appalling.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I had purchase a pair last 7/2017 online. I started to wear the shoes this year, Chloe shoes had lace started to tear apart cost me 142$ on sale, and Isabel Marant Jaeryn studded 360$ on sale shoe unable to snap, I told them I went to shoe repair stores they were not able to fix them. I called the designer's customer services, they told me the would not able to fix because I did not purchase from them, it had to be address by Neiman Marcus. I called Neiman just to have those repairs not return however they told they not be able to return and not even fix because it almost a year, buyer be aware of my experience.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Just really tired of Neiman Marcus and their processes altogether. I have so many complaints. For one, after having their in store credit card for over 3 YEARS and with nothing but on time payments, I requested a credit limit increase. I requested 2 maybe 3 on each card that I own with them. There was a credit increase that took place without my knowledge and when I tried to place a final limit increase on a card it was increased all the way to $17k, which I ABSOLUTELY did NOT request an amount that high and asinine. My card was IMMEDIATELY placed on hold and I was banned from making any purchases until I sent proof of income. I explained to the guy who was in charge of my audit several times, that I NEVER requested an increase that high, and I even requested a limit decrease. Nothing was ever resolved and now I am banned from making purchases with my card after 3 YEARS of little to no missed payments.

The customer service is also a nightmare. Each time you speak with a representative, they each give you a different story. No one is ever on the same page. When I place store orders online, they are cancelled without my knowledge and no explanation is ever given until I call up customer service EXTREMELY IRATE. All they care about is making money, and do not care about their customers. I am done with Neiman Marcus after all this treatment.

Original review: May 5, 2018

On time delivery, great customer service reps. Items were the same as shown and was in very good condition. Great prices also, my return and inquiries was met with quick response. I would recommend Neiman Marcus to friends & family.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I will never purchase another item from Neiman Marcus. I ordered a custom envelope engraver and it came to my house with the incorrect capitalization of my last name. I was annoyed but understood that mistakes happen so I called customer service. After more than 20 minutes on the phone, I was told a new item would be shipped with the correct last name. Today the replacement arrived with the EXACT SAME MISTAKE! After another lengthy call, I was told I would receive a refund once FedEx could pick the item up, which would not be for several days. Then as if I wasn't angry enough, the "supervisor" asked me if I wanted to keep the item for 50% off!? Seriously? Why would I want to keep an item with my last name incorrect? I'm going to send out envelopes and let people think I don't know my own last name!? It was incredibly insulting.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I had a question regarding my statement and had to call customer service. I went thru only 2 prompts to get to a "human" which is very nice in this techno age. The young lady I spoke to was more than happy to answer all of my questions. She asked if I was happy with all of my purchases and if I had received the correct sizes. She rectified my account and I was finished. I was on the phone no more than 8 minutes!

Original review: March 21, 2018

It seems they have a tendency to cancel orders without informing the client that they are doing so. Of course their issue which was never a problem with Luisaviaroma.com or ssense.com would have been resolved instantly. Of course I lost the item and now I will never do business with Neiman Marcus again.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I am so upset. Employees has access to our personal accounts and address on a employee cell phone. I went to shop a few days ago in Los Angeles and to my surprise the sales rep Micheal discussed my purchases with another salesperson Brooke who called someone I knew and told them of my purchases and gave them my address. Micheal and Brooke also told the person who does not work at the store who I was with and talked so badly about that person. I am so upset that my security of my account details were compromised to a 3rd party. I am contacting an attorney. This is scary. My home address was given to an outside person. I went in to speak to the manager Mr ** and still have not heard anything back.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I ordered over 1000 dollars stuff and earned a 300 dollars gift card. First it took more than 3 month to receive the gift card. After I placed the order with the gift card on 11/24/17. I started to wait and wait for my order to come. After 1 month, I still didn't receive them. I called, they said the item was back ordered and I wait another 1 month. I called again, they said the same thing... today is 01/23/18. I cancelled the order. I was so disappointed... will not buy from Neiman Marcus anymore.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I was shopping in Fashion Mall in San Diego during Christmas time and Nancy ** was helping me with my shopping. I had a problem with my order, although it wasn't my fault, she took care of it very nicely. She is very patient, professional, and responsible! I congratulate Neiman Marcus with such a nice representative.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I ordered an expensive gift and paid for one-day delivery. That was three days ago. They missed the delivery they proposed (before I paid) today and likely to miss it tomorrow. Worse, they have not yet given me a TRACKING #. They refuse to cancel the sale even when I said no one would be able to retrieve a late delivered package this week and it may be stolen if left out for days. They have lost the package.

This is not the first time they have changed the delivery date I paid extra for. It's become customary for them to lie, make excuses, blame the buyer, etc. It is Bait and Switch to offer terms to a purchase contract and then change them once the deal is made. Would have bought elsewhere. Last week I received an expensive coat - on time - that arrive with dog hairs and a stuck zipper. Obviously it had been returned and never checked. Neiman Marcus pretends to cater to higher wealth customers with luxe merchandise but they are behaving worse than a K-Mart. They have lost me. Horrible customer service, used goods shipped... Stay away.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Ordered a large amount of Christmas shopping online with Neiman Marcus during Black Friday sales - after waiting well past the expected delivery date I called them to be told that they had cancelled all the orders, and don't notify the customer of the cancellation because it could be fraud and they didn't want a potential fraudster to know the had cancelled the order! What a load of rubbish. Of course all the items are now sold-out or back to full price and would require expedited shipping to arrive on time. Every other company if they have a query with the billing information will contact you to resolve it, not Neiman Marcus. They are the most unprofessional, unorganised and downright incompetent organisation. They will hopefully be out of business very soon.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I purchased a Saint Laurent handbag from NM. Was supposed to get it in 2 day shipping but took a week to receive purse. Purse sent was the wrong purse. My purse was for $2,290 and I received a smaller bag which cost $1550. I called customer service and was told I had to ship the purse back to them and then reorder after they have checked and confirmed the purse. I am very disappointed because not only this mistake cause me not to be able to take my purse with me on vacation, it also caused me to lose the $750 gift card they were giving out as well as the 12% cash back from Ebates. Very disappointed. Will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I received a gift by email but did not need what was sent so I opted for an online gift card. I tried to apply this to a purchase and it charged my card and did not deduct the value of the online gift card. I spent several hours and spoke to about 8 people trying to sort this out. Their customer service is so disconnected that one hand has no clue what the other is doing. I got an email saying they would refund the gift giver for my aggravation. NO, do not let the gift giver know I did not accept their gift! I finally got someone to refund the value of my gift card. I hope they do not contact the gift sender but I am not holding my breath.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Let me start it was the worst experience I ever encountered with any department store. A night evening dress was purchased by my wife, an attempt was made to return the dress and its original condition Within their return policy. The tags were underdressed it was clearly unworn, However Neiman Marcus will find any excuse not to return the dress. I will never purchase anything from that department store and I highly suggest that everyone does the same.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I ordered a Burberry coat online from this company along with a Tory Burch shoe because they had it on black Friday special. Delivery date stated was Nov. 24. I waited until the following Monday but nothing showed up. I contacted customer service live chat and they told me the order was canceled because they cannot match my billing information with my bank!!!! Bluff stories!!!! I use this credit card very often for online purchases and never had this before. When I asked them to at least send me new merchandise they said they're out of stock on both items!!!! Bad service!!!! Would never order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

The absolute worst experience ever! Wanted to surprise my gf with a pair CL heels. Ordered online and was given an arrival date on 10/30. 10/28 email stating having an issue filling the order. I called customer service and was advised to cancel the order and reorder. I did just that. As of 10/30 I had purchased 2 pairs of $700 heels. I elected to pick up at the store. 10/31 no updates... called again. Was told another issue with the order. I purchased A THIRD TIME. Was given free shipping for trouble. Well gf checked to see delivery time and order was cancelled AGAIN!! Called again and same old story, trouble filling the order! I told them to ** off. Refund me my money and I will buy from Saks. As I write this, I have TWO pending charges and no merchandise! This has been a NIGHTMARE. I really hope this sways someone from shopping there and going to Saks or anyplace else.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Gucci handbag was used and the storage bag had yellow stains! I was put on a longer than 15 min wait then hung up on. Tried online chat. I was 3rd in queue then 2... 1... then booted out! Don't order anything online! Make sure you go in person, waste of time!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I ordered some dishes from Neiman Marcus and they have shipped me the wrong ones twice now. I returned them and it has been over a month and I still haven't received a credit for them on my credit card account, nor have I received the correct ones. I have been on hold with the customer service department now for 30 minutes. This has happened to me every time I have called them. I can't get anyone to pick up (irritating music while on hold) or they disconnect me. They can't get my order right and then make me pay again when they place an order for the correct ones but continue to ship me the wrong ones. They told me it can take over a month to get a credit to my account.

I will never do business with Neiman Marcus again due to their poor customer service and not being able to get an order right to save their life. I am out hundreds of dollars. I guess my next step is to call the credit card company and tell them I never received my merchandise and I refuse to pay for the charges. Neiman Marcus has really gone downhill. I see them going under if they continue this trend. No one wants to do business with a store that has lousy customer service and their shipping department can't get an order correct.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Purchsed a Gucci GG Blooms Reversible Tote bag. Ordered online and picked up from store (WESTCHESTER MALL NM). I did not bother checking the bag thoroughly as it was nicely packed in a gift wrap (even if I did not asked for it). I checked out my new bag as soon as I got home and found a few folds in the middle of it and scuffs in the corners. Gucci Bag Tag has a name, address and number (might be from a previous owner) who knows. He/She has a California address and I'm from NY. I'm assuming I got a returned/used item bag. By the way it looks. Called a CS that lacks empathy of the situation. I was told that they will send a return label and replace the item. I never got a return label for the first item. Received another disaster replacement that is a Gucci bag on different style and finding a piece of postal stamp and a piece of straw cover inside (btw the bag smells funny too).

I'm not surprised that they sent me another return/used bag for the second time around. I was helped by another CS that lacks empathy of the situation again. But at least she sent me a return label. A week has passed. The first shipping label for the first item I picked up did not arrived. I received an email from NM stating that they will charge me if I don't return the bag. Sounds very shady! I called again for the return label for the first bag that I got and surprisingly they sent it to me right away. I was told by the only helpful CS Rep that I will be contacted via email by their executives for a discount due to the situation that I've experienced. Too late. I lost my trust over NM and I don't know If I could trust them the next time I shop. Maybe for small things that I know that I will never have a doubt on receiving a returned/used item. PS I found posts and complaints that people have experienced the same experience that I had with them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I registered this website because I want to give NM a one star. Ordered a $400 hair dryer for my girl friend's birthday, and got two day delivery, which would be two days before the birthday. All things planned perfectly! Then after three days, it's still showing "In Process". I called customer service, the woman said there's nothing she could do about it, some other team is verifying fraud. Fraud? I'm using my own credit card and everything. Never got any problem with other online shopping.

The most almost terrifying part was the tone and attitude that woman had, it was like she's forced into a small cell and had been doing this for 24 hours straight with little pay. So indifferent, hopeless, and not willing to help. Then I asked for supervisor, surprisingly she was glad to transfer immediately. Then, unsurprisingly, the supervisor was the same indifferent, hopeless, and not willing to help. Birthday gift on a birthday? Forget about it. Can't believe this is a high end department store. I'll try my best to avoid NM online, and in store, rest of my life.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I ordered dresses online for myself and for a few of my family members and had to return some of the items because they didn't fit. After my returns Neiman Marcus cancelled my credit card. I called and spoke to the credit department and I tried to explain the reason for my returns. I also told them that it did keep some items from separate online orders. That didn't seem to matter to Neiman Marcus, all they care about is that the customers keep all of the items. I told them why do they offer online service if they don't want customers to return items. Their answer was it would be better if I went to the nearest store and try the items. Very poor credit card service and poor customer service. I'm very disappointed.

Neiman Marcus Company Information