2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Neiman Marcus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Last Call unfortunately closed all their shops as well as online shopping. It has been a very efficient and very convenient site for all my shopping needs. Truly sorry that they are closed. Best site.

Resolution response: March 12, 2020

Updating review: I was assisted by a customer service rep to assist me with my online order, very customer friendly!

Original review: March 12, 2020

I love the in store interaction but I always have issues online. I highly recommend Nieman as the quaintly they sell is amazing!! The Denver location is the best!!! Chris and Walter have been my faves!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

The salesperson who helped me was Kepra ** from the Neiman Marcus at The Hudson Yards Store in New York. Only in town for two days, I wasn't comfortable with what I had packed. Kepra helped me find exactly what I needed. Kepra was assuring as I am not the model-size that I felt Neiman's caters too. I was surprised to find something I was looking for in the store. I bought two items! I texted Kepra photos as I wore one in the afternoon and one at night. I could not be more pleased with the top shelf service I received as a mere mortal!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I finally bought my first shoes of Christian Louboutin. I was super excited when I got them however after receiving it by mail I noticed that I’m size 37 but I got by mistake 37.5. Then the same day I went to the store to see if I can change it for the correct size. When I get there right away the lady start smelling the bottom of the shoes then proceed to get a similar pair to compared with mine, then she notice that my shoes sole was lighter red color than the one from the store and she keep saying smell like fresh paint keep in my since this is my first shoes I have no idea what she’s talking about “fresh paint”. Then she send a sale guy to call online customer service because she was the manager. The guy comes back and said to me people from online denied my exchange and I keep asking him what was the issue and he just keep saying online store just said no.

Do you know how humiliated I felt knowing that I just spent more than $700 for a pair of shoes and this people are basically telling me that my shoes are fake!! When I have the receipt to prove it. That didn’t feel good at all. I left the store and call online customer service and explain to them what just happened, the lady explained to me that is normal that some shoes have lighter red than the other ones and this is completely normal that what I needed to do is go back to the store and instead of an exchange just return the shoes and purchase another pair with the correct size.

I go back to the store explain to the manager what they just told me then she call online store and she explain to them what I’m trying to do but then she mentioned to them that the shoes smells like fresh paint again making me feel embarrassed and what she have in front of her is a pair of fake Christian Louboutin. PS she never said the shoes were fake she keep saying that the shoes are different from what they have at the store, to me this is a better way to say the shoes are fake. At the end I still have the shoes. They did not help me and I felt discriminated. The way they handle the situation was unacceptable. First time I purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin, first time I can afford this kind of shoes and first time I purchase something from Neiman Marcus and it was a total disaster.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Everyone PLEASE PLEASE BE AWARE, I ordered a very expensive item, never received it and yet Neiman Marcus refused to refund me. I just filed a claim with my credit card company. Make sure to shop at Saks or any other department store to avoid the same situation. I'm soooo upset and stressed. I will never ever shop with them again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I purchased 2 items online, and never received them. I was told they were signed for by someone, and I’m stuck with the balance due of $1460.00!! I have been disputing this with them for 5 months, and now have been told I’m no longer able to contact them regarding the matter. They won’t contact the police department nor refer to the police report I made. Absolutely the worst customer care I’ve ever encountered.

Original review: July 1, 2020

This was my first buying experience. I recently purchased a pair of pants for around $500. The website said it was the last pair in my size so I was very excited. A day after it was supposed to be delivered to my house, my order was cancelled and all they offered me to make up for the poor communication and cancelled order was 10% off my next order.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I have been a Neiman Marcus customer for years, finally applied for a credit card 2 years ago. When COVID-19 started I became unemployed, I missed a payment forgot about it, my bad. Nobody called no email. I called them after reporting late payment to my credit bureau. They asked me to write a letter and fax it in. Their response was business as usual, you miss payment you get reported. I will close my card as and never shop to any of their stores again. Whomever mentions NM I will share my experience.

Original review: May 16, 2020

RMS is a 'Green' makeup, they don't have bad ingredients and because of that, the shelf life is very limited. With that being said, I saw the sale on RMS lipstick and immediately ordered 4 tubes. I've recently decided to go 'Green' so I thought this would be a good place to start. Little did I know the reason it was on sale was because the company was selling OLD OUTDATED makeup; a fact which was verified by the numbers on the inside bottom flap of the box - RMS verified this for me. I was completely stunned that a company this large with a good reputation (so I thought) would sell OLD makeup. It had a horrible smell and was sticky!

Neiman Marcus would like you to think that their return policy is easy, it's not; especially in today's world. Because of that, I went directly to RMS and asked them if they could help. I explained that by Neiman Marcus selling OLD product, it was giving their company a bad name and it wasn't fair to them. To make things right, they sent me out 4 FRESH tubes of lipstick and I LOVE THEM! RMS is an awesome brand with GREAT Customer Service, who values their customers and protects their brand. Moral of the story, don't buy from Neiman Marcus, they obviously don't care about their customers. Buy directly from RMS, they care!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Let me start out by saying that mistakes happen. My issue is not with a mistake per se, but with the way in which Neiman Marcus handled, or in this case mis-handled, an embedded operational issue that resulted in a series of erroneous shipments stretching out over a month. Without delving into the granular details, I placed an order for a household item, which was intended as a Valentine’s Day gift for my spouse, on January 10, 2020. One could reasonably expect that an order placed a month in advance would be received by 2/14, right? Unfortunately, my assumption was wrong as evidence by the following sequence:

• 1/17 – received wrong item
      • 1/24 – received right item, wrong color
      • 1/31 – received wrong item originally received on 1/17
      • 2/7 – received wrong item originally received on 1/17

• 2/14 – received wrong item originally received on 1/17

The abbreviated summary above omits the extensive time spent on multiple phone calls, each with a different customer service representative or supervisor, to repeatedly explain the issue. I was advised by a supervisor, Monika, on 2/7 that the issue stemmed from an incorrect item # on the vendor’s side. Monika re-assured me that the issue would be addressed via direct contact with the vendor and that I would receive the proper item by 2/14.

Lo and behold, on 2/14, I received the same incorrect item for the fourth time. Upon speaking to a second supervisor, Latawn, on 2/14, I was advised that the issue was operational and required further investigation. I requested a call back for a status update on 2/18 and Latawn confirmed that she would indeed accommodate such request. Perhaps a call back request is unreasonably burdensome, as I have yet to receive a call back from Latawn (or anyone for that matter) as of 2/21. Or perhaps I am naïve to have expected anyone to assume ownership of the issue, so shame on me.

Bottom line, I can say with 100% certainty that this has been the most horrendous customer service experience I’ve ever encountered in my 39 years. For a company that purportedly prides itself on customer service, Neiman Marcus has failed to deliver on its mission of customer satisfaction. The disregard of my time and exasperation is downright insulting. I literally pleaded with the supervisors to help resolve the issue, to no avail.

As a first time Neiman Marcus customer, I am appalled by the neglect and lack of professionalism. Fortunately, the competitive landscape in retail is robust and there are alternatives to Neiman Marcus, with which I will never again conduct business. While I cannot fault an organization for a mistake, the apathetic response to a mistake is inexcusable.

Neiman Marcus Company Information