2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (352 ratings)

About Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Neiman Marcus sent to me dresses without red tags which were too big. They didn’t want accept them back due to this. I wrote escalation to them in September. They said that this is my false. In October they sent me next dress without red tag. 20 minutes after opening box I wrote to them escalation. And again I have received information that they will not take dress back due to this. They have huge problems with employees and they forced customers to pay for their mistakes. They don’t want to give me back $1000 for two dresses. Dresses are too big and believe me on pictures vs real looks really different. I will never buy dresses at this store!!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

If I could give them 0 stars I would. I wish I had read all of these reviews before I ordered. This was my very first experience with Neiman Marcus. I thought Neiman Marcus was a high end, reputable business & I was sadly mistaken. I ordered multiple dresses for an event NEXT YEAR & returned them all. They never left my house. One of the dresses was NEVER tried on and was returned in its original packaging. Neiman Marcus accepted the return and then wouldn't refund my money. They never contacted me. When I called them, they said the dress was worn, damaged, and unsaleable. I know with 100% certainty I returned it in the same condition I received it and it was never worn or damaged. I asked for details and pictures because I was stunned. I asked for it to be escalated and someone to call me. Neither happened. Instead, they tried to send the dress back to ME! I refused delivery and I contacted them again, and I got the same run around.

They refused to allow me to talk to a manager. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! Whatever happened to that dress, if anything, did not happen while it was in my possession. They need to check with their own warehouse team or talk to USPS, the carrier. Today, that dress came back to me AGAIN, repackaged in a new box. I again refused delivery and have reported Neiman Marcus to the Better Business Bureau. They have stolen $430 from me. All I want is my money back.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I ordered a pair of Balenciaga sneakers and Marc Jacobs handbag. I live in a building. Let me start by saying that. I received an email that my package was delivered however it was not there when I got home. The FedEx driver put my name and apt as proof of delivery. My buzzer comes straight to my phone and he did not ring my bell or come to my door. My package is missing and Neiman Marcus refuses to replace my items or give me a refund because FedEx states it was delivered. I asked for proof of my signature and that it was delivered to me and they said because of Covid FedEx deliveries are contactless.

So basically he could have gave my package to anyone in my building including visitors, mark my package delivered and that's that. Brenda is the manager of the escalation department who told me if FedEx says it's delivered they can't do anything yet they refuse to show me a signature or proof. Now I’m out of $1000 and my merchandise and their answer to me was they can't do anything!

Original review: July 21, 2021

I ordered a pair of Louboutins for my wife online. $25 were added for next day delivery, which I was happy to pay. The shoes did not arrive next day or the day after. When I called and texted customer service I was told they would arrive in two to three weeks. All the sweet talking numb replies from CS couldn't make up for the disappointment at the time I was thinking of gifting those shoes. Now I would like to exchange these unworn shoes for a pair one size up and managers are unwilling to work with me. This is the first and last time I will engage with Neiman Marcus. This brand is trash.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I purchased a Beverage dispenser from Neiman Marcus that came damaged and missing parts…when I called customer service they were very unprofessional! They did not help with my situation or resolve it! I even spoke with management, And they were even more unprofessional them the representatives I spoke with. Still they haven’t resolved my situation.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Neiman Marcus pretty much can’t explain why my order is continuously being canceled because they claim they can’t verify my info on my account but yet they keep taking the Money out of my account. Even after I spoke to a manager twice and got my bank on a three way call with them to verify all my billing. Still no explanation as to why my order has been canceled three times through the so called “processing team” whoever those ghost are. My bank asked to speak with someone from this team of incompetent ghost and apparently they do not speak to customers directly, only a customer care rep from neiman Marcus can relay messages and continuously put notes on the account but the notes are completely irrelevant if they can’t do anything about it.

Neiman Marcus has proven three times now that they’d rather lose a customer rather than fixing the issue especially after it was proven that all my info is correct my hearing it from my bank. This whole situation has caused an extreme amount of frustration for me-not to mention a year ago my partner tried to order a pair of shoes for me and the same thing happened four times. I let it go then being naive and thinking it was something my partner was doing wrong. Guess I owe them an apology now that it’s happening to me with a completely different order, name, credit card and billing address than theirs.

After reevaluating the constant calls with managers from neiman Marcus I’m beginning to think that this is an inventory issue. You can’t proceed to take money out of a customers account and then say “we can’t verify your info” once the money comes out FYI: IT'S VERIFIED! I think neiman Marcus false advertises and makes FALSE statements. I think that instead of saying that they realized they don’t have the item in my size in stock, they’ve been deducting the funds from my account, realizing they don’t have the item, then sending out a false email and saying they can’t verify my card info and therefore the order was cancelled. Quite interesting isn’t it...however I have enlisted the help of my bank and another shoe lover where we will attempt to purchase the exact same shoe. We shall see if their order gets canceled as well.

Neiman Marcus has a glitch in their system that they won’t acknowledge, they’d rather accuse customers of providing inaccurate account information instead of owning up and admitting there is something wrong on their end. Over the past three days neiman Marcus has been deducting money from my account, putting it back, putting it on hold and all over again. I’ve been so stressed out and frustrated with neiman Marcus I will mark it on the wall to NEVER ever purchase from them again. Whether in store or online. I will be sure to spread the word about this incident to many others and post this review on as MANY WEBSITES AS I CAN. Thanks for nothing “NEIMAN MARCUS”

Original review: June 23, 2021

Had an issue with Neiman Marcus representative being untruthful about an item I purchased, so before purchase I called to the customer support asking if the item I wanted to purchase has any promotional discount or sales in the future? because it was designer item and it was for a future event I needed to attend months away and that I can put off purchase and wait for a sale and I was told, “no this is designer items don’t go on sales and do not have promotions” which then I made the purchase right away because of what I was told.

I didn’t ask for a name of who gave me misleading information but few months later this item is like $1000 off and when I called and asked why I was lied to and they explained that this item gets marked down when the vendor of the item marks the price on sale which I wasn’t told about so I filed complaint and was declined a price match or any kind of compensation for this issue, this is horrible way of treating a customers. It took them 5 days to respond to my complaint on top of all and was told it would take 24 to 48 hours to hear back from them. Neiman Marcus enjoy your sneaky earned $$ because I’ll never purchase from you again. And do not recommend purchasing from Neiman Marcus. I’ll be better off using Net-A-Porter instead.

Original review: April 24, 2021

Neiman Marcus emails me regularly regarding flash sales (24-hours long) on clothing and accessories. This week, I found a $285 shirt for $49. I ordered it. 12 hours later, I received an email declaring my ordered canceled because they didn't have it in the size I had selected. With only minutes left in the sale, I went online and ordered it in a smaller size. There is a reasonable chance this will fit me as I am between the two sizes. Generally, if I don't know for sure which size is best, I read the reviews or if that is not available I order the larger size.

Just hours after my order, I checked the shirt again. It was now longer an extra 25% percent off, but magically Neiman Marcus had several of this shirts available in the original size I had requested. The same size in the cancelled order! Amazing how multiple shirts became available when the store was closed across the country.

I called customer service the next morning after again confirming that they had multiple shirts in my preferred size still available. My smaller shirt order had already been processed and that shirt was allegedly on its way. Customer service had no answer and was evasive when I first asked them what was going on. Not particularly helpful, though they were willing to create a third order for the shirt in the original size. Great now I have to buy 2 shirts! This seems like a bait and switch to me. I don't think Neiman Marcus puts the whole inventory of a clothing item on sale. That said, why tell me it is available, then cancel the order 12 hours later, and then shortly after, list it in stock again? Not right.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I ordered a chaise in January. I completely understand that things may take a while to obtain or arrive given the current circumstances. I was initially told the item would be available from the vendor in April. Every month I have gotten an 'update' to my order which never changed from being 'in process' with the estimated arrival being pushed to the following month. Well, it's April, and the last update is still 'in process' without even an estimated arrival date. After contacting someone, I was told that the new 'estimated arrival date' is 5/5. I asked if this would also be subject to change. At which point I was told 'yes that is why it an estimated arrival date.'

Ok, so I'm going to spend $3500 for an item that doesn't even have a guaranteed ship date from YOUR vendor? There is no guarantee that I even receive this item within like, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months? I really would not care if they told me it would be July or August, but to not even know when I'm going to definitively receive the item? This is asinine. I cancelled my order. At least I can self soothe by reminding myself they filed for bankruptcy last year.

Original review: March 16, 2021

This joke of a business keep cancelling my orders without even bothering to reach out to me. They keep saying my bank rejected the payment even though my card statement shows the money have been successfully debited. No wonder they’re filing for bankruptcy. Neiman Marcus is truly the laughingstock of the whole retail industry.

Neiman Marcus Company Information