1.15/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 21, 2018

155 Neiman Marcus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 21, 2018

It seems they have a tendency to cancel orders without informing the client that they are doing so. Of course their issue which was never a problem with Luisaviaroma.com or ssense.com would have been resolved instantly. Of course I lost the item and now I will never do business with Neiman Marcus again.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I am so upset. Employees has access to our personal accounts and address on a employee cell phone. I went to shop a few days ago in Los Angeles and to my surprise the sales rep Micheal discussed my purchases with another salesperson Brooke who called someone I knew and told them of my purchases and gave them my address. Micheal and Brooke also told the person who does not work at the store who I was with and talked so badly about that person. I am so upset that my security of my account details were compromised to a 3rd party. I am contacting an attorney. This is scary. My home address was given to an outside person. I went in to speak to the manager Mr ** and still have not heard anything back.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I ordered over 1000 dollars stuff and earned a 300 dollars gift card. First it took more than 3 month to receive the gift card. After I placed the order with the gift card on 11/24/17. I started to wait and wait for my order to come. After 1 month, I still didn't receive them. I called, they said the item was back ordered and I wait another 1 month. I called again, they said the same thing... today is 01/23/18. I cancelled the order. I was so disappointed... will not buy from Neiman Marcus anymore.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I was shopping in Fashion Mall in San Diego during Christmas time and Nancy ** was helping me with my shopping. I had a problem with my order, although it wasn't my fault, she took care of it very nicely. She is very patient, professional, and responsible! I congratulate Neiman Marcus with such a nice representative.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Ordered a large amount of Christmas shopping online with Neiman Marcus during Black Friday sales - after waiting well past the expected delivery date I called them to be told that they had cancelled all the orders, and don't notify the customer of the cancellation because it could be fraud and they didn't want a potential fraudster to know the had cancelled the order! What a load of rubbish. Of course all the items are now sold-out or back to full price and would require expedited shipping to arrive on time. Every other company if they have a query with the billing information will contact you to resolve it, not Neiman Marcus. They are the most unprofessional, unorganised and downright incompetent organisation. They will hopefully be out of business very soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I purchased a Saint Laurent handbag from NM. Was supposed to get it in 2 day shipping but took a week to receive purse. Purse sent was the wrong purse. My purse was for $2,290 and I received a smaller bag which cost $1550. I called customer service and was told I had to ship the purse back to them and then reorder after they have checked and confirmed the purse. I am very disappointed because not only this mistake cause me not to be able to take my purse with me on vacation, it also caused me to lose the $750 gift card they were giving out as well as the 12% cash back from Ebates. Very disappointed. Will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I received a gift by email but did not need what was sent so I opted for an online gift card. I tried to apply this to a purchase and it charged my card and did not deduct the value of the online gift card. I spent several hours and spoke to about 8 people trying to sort this out. Their customer service is so disconnected that one hand has no clue what the other is doing. I got an email saying they would refund the gift giver for my aggravation. NO, do not let the gift giver know I did not accept their gift! I finally got someone to refund the value of my gift card. I hope they do not contact the gift sender but I am not holding my breath.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Let me start it was the worst experience I ever encountered with any department store. A night evening dress was purchased by my wife, an attempt was made to return the dress and its original condition Within their return policy. The tags were underdressed it was clearly unworn, However Neiman Marcus will find any excuse not to return the dress. I will never purchase anything from that department store and I highly suggest that everyone does the same.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I ordered a Burberry coat online from this company along with a Tory Burch shoe because they had it on black Friday special. Delivery date stated was Nov. 24. I waited until the following Monday but nothing showed up. I contacted customer service live chat and they told me the order was canceled because they cannot match my billing information with my bank!!!! Bluff stories!!!! I use this credit card very often for online purchases and never had this before. When I asked them to at least send me new merchandise they said they're out of stock on both items!!!! Bad service!!!! Would never order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

The absolute worst experience ever! Wanted to surprise my gf with a pair CL heels. Ordered online and was given an arrival date on 10/30. 10/28 email stating having an issue filling the order. I called customer service and was advised to cancel the order and reorder. I did just that. As of 10/30 I had purchased 2 pairs of $700 heels. I elected to pick up at the store. 10/31 no updates... called again. Was told another issue with the order. I purchased A THIRD TIME. Was given free shipping for trouble. Well gf checked to see delivery time and order was cancelled AGAIN!! Called again and same old story, trouble filling the order! I told them to ** off. Refund me my money and I will buy from Saks. As I write this, I have TWO pending charges and no merchandise! This has been a NIGHTMARE. I really hope this sways someone from shopping there and going to Saks or anyplace else.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Gucci handbag was used and the storage bag had yellow stains! I was put on a longer than 15 min wait then hung up on. Tried online chat. I was 3rd in queue then 2... 1... then booted out! Don't order anything online! Make sure you go in person, waste of time!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I ordered some dishes from Neiman Marcus and they have shipped me the wrong ones twice now. I returned them and it has been over a month and I still haven't received a credit for them on my credit card account, nor have I received the correct ones. I have been on hold with the customer service department now for 30 minutes. This has happened to me every time I have called them. I can't get anyone to pick up (irritating music while on hold) or they disconnect me. They can't get my order right and then make me pay again when they place an order for the correct ones but continue to ship me the wrong ones. They told me it can take over a month to get a credit to my account.

I will never do business with Neiman Marcus again due to their poor customer service and not being able to get an order right to save their life. I am out hundreds of dollars. I guess my next step is to call the credit card company and tell them I never received my merchandise and I refuse to pay for the charges. Neiman Marcus has really gone downhill. I see them going under if they continue this trend. No one wants to do business with a store that has lousy customer service and their shipping department can't get an order correct.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Purchsed a Gucci GG Blooms Reversible Tote bag. Ordered online and picked up from store (WESTCHESTER MALL NM). I did not bother checking the bag thoroughly as it was nicely packed in a gift wrap (even if I did not asked for it). I checked out my new bag as soon as I got home and found a few folds in the middle of it and scuffs in the corners. Gucci Bag Tag has a name, address and number (might be from a previous owner) who knows. He/She has a California address and I'm from NY. I'm assuming I got a returned/used item bag. By the way it looks. Called a CS that lacks empathy of the situation. I was told that they will send a return label and replace the item. I never got a return label for the first item. Received another disaster replacement that is a Gucci bag on different style and finding a piece of postal stamp and a piece of straw cover inside (btw the bag smells funny too).

I'm not surprised that they sent me another return/used bag for the second time around. I was helped by another CS that lacks empathy of the situation again. But at least she sent me a return label. A week has passed. The first shipping label for the first item I picked up did not arrived. I received an email from NM stating that they will charge me if I don't return the bag. Sounds very shady! I called again for the return label for the first bag that I got and surprisingly they sent it to me right away. I was told by the only helpful CS Rep that I will be contacted via email by their executives for a discount due to the situation that I've experienced. Too late. I lost my trust over NM and I don't know If I could trust them the next time I shop. Maybe for small things that I know that I will never have a doubt on receiving a returned/used item. PS I found posts and complaints that people have experienced the same experience that I had with them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I registered this website because I want to give NM a one star. Ordered a $400 hair dryer for my girl friend's birthday, and got two day delivery, which would be two days before the birthday. All things planned perfectly! Then after three days, it's still showing "In Process". I called customer service, the woman said there's nothing she could do about it, some other team is verifying fraud. Fraud? I'm using my own credit card and everything. Never got any problem with other online shopping.

The most almost terrifying part was the tone and attitude that woman had, it was like she's forced into a small cell and had been doing this for 24 hours straight with little pay. So indifferent, hopeless, and not willing to help. Then I asked for supervisor, surprisingly she was glad to transfer immediately. Then, unsurprisingly, the supervisor was the same indifferent, hopeless, and not willing to help. Birthday gift on a birthday? Forget about it. Can't believe this is a high end department store. I'll try my best to avoid NM online, and in store, rest of my life.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I ordered dresses online for myself and for a few of my family members and had to return some of the items because they didn't fit. After my returns Neiman Marcus cancelled my credit card. I called and spoke to the credit department and I tried to explain the reason for my returns. I also told them that it did keep some items from separate online orders. That didn't seem to matter to Neiman Marcus, all they care about is that the customers keep all of the items. I told them why do they offer online service if they don't want customers to return items. Their answer was it would be better if I went to the nearest store and try the items. Very poor credit card service and poor customer service. I'm very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I ordered a dress on August 30, 2017 for my daughter's wedding. It was to be delivered on September 7. I went onto my account online to check the status of the order and it showed it was cancelled. I was stunned! I received a confirmation on the date of the purchased but never received a notice that it had been cancelled. Had I not checked the order, I would still be waiting for it. The dress was on sale for half price and I purchased the last one in stock in my size. The customer service representative said that my credit card company did not respond to a credit verification, so the order was cancelled. The dress (different color) was on sale the next day for the regular price.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

******** NOTE TO APPROVER: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/neiman-marcus-purchase-return-misleading-information-c889697.html ********

Sunday July 9th I along with my husband when to the mall looking for a men flip flop, he stopped a couple store didn't find what we were looking for, them decided to stop by Neiman Marcus; upon arriving in the men department we saw a variety of slipper so my hubby seems to like the Gucci which sells for $195, he then turns and asked the salesman to get the size 10 in it... the salesman looked at the slipper and said how we sold out... I asked do you have the 10 1/2 he replied swiftly oh no 1/2 size... know we like holy crap, before we could have decided what will be our next move, the salesman turned in a confident voice and said they run small so I believes the size 11 should fit; we both said lets try it.. My hubby tried the size 11 which swallowed his feet... but as convincing of a sales person telling him that they're not supposed to be too close. That same evening when my hubby put on the slipper we went in the car to go to this event we plan to go, and as soon as he parked and get out turned to walk and stumble a little not thinking it have anything to do with the slipper, a few minutes later he trip/stumble again, know I said what is going on; now we notice it was the slipper he tries his hardest to walk slower approaching a group of people that's when we had enough, he stumble forward in front of everyone...right then we decides he has to go home and changed. So yesterday I called the store and spoke to 2 person including someone from that department, explained everything above he told me just to return it ... conversation was recorded and played in to the store manager which still refused to refund or exchange item... the manager Diane is telling me to try and sell the slipper on some website name the real, Miss are you for real Ms Manager????? My question to them is what do I do with something that doesn't have any use to us???? ?

PS: this is what Neiman Marcus send me after nearly 3 three...for $190 I should pay for something that does not fit? Where are their Compassion? It's all about money, not about the customer? your salesperson knew the policies as much as you and he advice me to return item... why didn't he told me from that first phone conversation?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dianne_Heineman
To: peb143
Cc: Diane_Joyce
Sent: Fri, Aug 4, 2017 12:14 pm

Subject: Gucci Sandals

Dear Pat Brown:

This letter is a request for you to contact the store within the next 30 days to make arrangements to pick up your white Gucci sandals, size 11. You may also request to have them delivered to you. Unfortunately, after September 4, 2017, we will be unable to continue to hold the sandals for you and will discard them as abandoned. Should you choose to have them delivered a shipping cost would be incurred.

Please contact Diane Joyce at 610-962-6213 or you may respond to this email.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Dianne Heineman
Executive Assistant

King of Prussia

Dianne Heineman | Executive Assistant | Neiman Marcus

170 N Gulph Road, King of Prussia, Pa. 19406| (610-962-6209

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Opened a credit account with NM couple of day ago and purchased a designer bag for my daughter using the credit card. The order status has been in process for couple of days with no further updates. Finally decided to cancel the order earlier today since it's taking longer than expected for the bag to be shipped out. My wife received a phone call listed as "unknown number" not long after I canceled the order and was told to tell me that my NM credit account was closed today, and that the card can never be used again. The person on the phone had a horrible attitude and provided no explanation whatsoever, he made sound like everyone is so desperate to get an NM card, WTH?! Tried to contact customer service for an explanation but received no updates. I'm actually glad that I canceled the orders now that I've read so many bad reviews. Will never shop there again.

Original review: July 29, 2017

The online customer service by Neiman Marcus is terrible. I've been trying to get a return authorization for two items for almost 2 months now. Even after assurances from a Customer Service rep this would occur, they send an incomplete authorization. I cannot seem to get anyone's attention here. And, no one at NM seems to care. DO NOT SHOP HERE.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Customer service is HORRIBLE! It is unbelievable that the high end retail store could have such rude and obnoxious customer service. I called today with the routine question, the person who answered the phone provided vague explanation, and when I asked her to be more specific she got really rude. Later I decided to talk to the customer service supervisor, who appeared to be not interested at all. I asked her the name of the person I spoke with before and she refused to give it to me, even though all conversations are recorded (according to the company policy). The entire dialog with this supervisor (her name is Mala) was useless, waste of my time, and just added up to the previous insult, because she was simply lying to me that she cannot retrieve the name of rude operator.

I'm still in disbelieve of the fact that customer of the retail store could be interrogated with such questions. Most definitely I will never shop in this so called high end store again. Most definitely will close the credit card account I have with them for more than 15 years. Most definitely will share this horrible experience with as many people as I can, and in social media of course.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Do not ever shop here, hands down WORST customer service. I was returning a dress that was never worn, tags attached but was over the 60 day return policy which I was never told about. Pat ** the store manager was extremely rude and curt. Escalated to corporate and spoke with Mr. ** and was basically told too bad, Mr. ** basically told me they stand behind their poor customer service. Nordstrom and Bloomingdales for me for life! I will never Ever out of principle patronize a store that has such a low level of customer service. Absolutely despicable!

Original review: June 28, 2017

I found a great pair of sneakers on the website but was hesitant as I've never seen this color wave in stores before. So I called customer service to confirm before placing the order. When the shoes arrived they are nothing like the color displayed on the website, the shoe I order is ALL pink - the shoe I received is Pink and Black. so I call back to start the return process. I'm told it will take 6 weeks to get my money back on my credit card. I checked the website 2 weeks later and the wrong shoe is still displayed. I'm still waiting for my money back, even though they already have their shoes back.... Terrible customer service. I would NEVER shop here again.

Original review: June 12, 2017

So I was looking for wedding dress for myself. I found the dress I wanted online and bought it. Got my confirmation emails, everything. The day of the delivery the dress didn't show up. Two days later I gave them a call to find out they don't have the dress in stock and they won't have it anymore. So I started looking again and ordered another dress. After waiting a month-and-a-half for it with delays I finally got it just to find out that it was the wrong dress. Other than a gown they sent me a short dress. The problem is they messed up my order twice and when you call I feel like no one cares. It's not like I was buying $100 dress I was spending $1,000 on one. If I was the designer I would really reconsider working with Neiman Marcus. The designer was La Petite Robe Chiara Boni.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I purchased a Saint Laurent bag online on a Wednesday in the requested time to have 1 day shipping. Used the NM chat feature later that afternoon to confirm if it had indeed shipped. After my card had been ran I was notified via NM chat that the bag was out of stock and they were sending a different color. (Ummm thanks for the heads up.) In wanting the bag I settled for the 2nd choice in which she informed me it may ship tomorrow Thursday. Fast forward to Thursday still no email it has shipped so I call NM. I was on hold for 30 minutes! Once the service rep answered I was informed it had not shipped and the store location has 24-48 hours to confirm. Your shipping selection does not mean it will ship in that time frame. So now I have the "possibility" of getting it on Monday. I have never experience such poor customer service from a retailer that claims to be high end. Your reputation remains true.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I got a letter from Neiman Marcus that they are offering 6 or 12 months waived interest charges/equal Monthly payments. Credit Plan terms: No interest charges on the promotional item(s) for the specified plan duration. Beginning after the specified plan duration, the rate attributable to the promotional item(s) will be the rate described above. April 2017, I purchased a Louis Vuitton item so I can avail the financing plan. Here comes my Neiman Marcus statement, showing that I was not qualified for financing plan. I called the customer service. Now, I found out, in order to avail the promotion, you have to purchase minimum of $5,000.

Neiman Marcus failed to disclose the terms and condition to qualify the financing plan. It is unbelievable that they want you to use their credit card but did not specifically disclose that you need to purchase worth $5,000 to qualify the financing. Switch and bait... The worse part is my credit limit is only $1,000 lol. Why would I need to get a letter for promotional financial plans when I don't have $5,000 credit limit in my credit card. Obviously, I won't qualify to get the financing... Thank you so much and I hope other consumers are aware of that bait.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I bought a belt of Salvatore Ferragamo. Was at good price but they never sent me the belt. Wait nearly a month. Call the service to the client and also send emails and they said that the seller does not respond! Not understand that seller? And at the end they canceled my order and told me to take 20% off, hello always are at 30-40 and 50% do not need 20%.

Original review: April 3, 2017

The Neiman Marcus website is extremely poor and has shoddy customer service. I tried to purchase an item of clothing, went all the way through the checkout, entered my billing info, and finalized the purchase. Instead of an order confirmation screen it took me back to my empty cart. I assumed the order went through and waiting a couple days for a confirmation email or a PayPal receipt. I received none. The purchase was time sensitive as I needed the item for a wedding so I emailed customer service through the process on their site about 3 days after I tried to purchase the item. Received no reply. Emailed twice more a few days later and never heard back. When I tried to find that same item again on the site, I discovered that it had been removed completely. I never did hear back from customer service and had to purchase the item from another store with express shipping. 0/10 would not recommend.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I had the same experience as a good majority of the other reviewers. This company does NOT ship its items when it's supposed to! Even if you have Shop Runner 2 Day Shipping... Good luck! The online customer service is HORRIBLE. They will promise to make everything right, but nothing will get done! The only way that I got my problem resolved was to make MULTIPLE posts on their Facebook page. It took 3 tries for them to FINALLY get my Kendra Scott necklace shipped. One necklace! Too bad... I was going to start buying more from this company since I don't have to pay sales tax online (since there's no physical store where I live) and they have a lot of "gift card promotions", and also good deals on Ebates.

Yeah, well, there's a reason for all that... This company is going down the toilet. They're trying to stay afloat. One would think they would have ten times better customer service if they actually wanted to stay in business. But the customer service reps could honestly give two ** about helping you. If you are thinking about buying from them - don't. You'll most likely regret it like the rest of us here. Check out their Facebook page if you want further affirmation of how bad they suck.

Original review: March 4, 2017

On 02/28/17 I purchased a red MCM belt online that said it would arrive in 3 business days. I received a confirmation of my order in my emails and that was that. 3 days later no shipping email was received or any communication from them. I called the customer service line and spoke with a representative who told me my order was on hold for some reason, possibly because I am a first time customer. What?! It seems that they would want to make their first time customer happy and get the item out asap. I told her I was planning on wearing the belt on Saturday to a photo shoot and would like to receive the belt by Friday. She told me that she would upgrade my shipping free of charge and the belt will be delivered the next day. Well the next day came and I still didn't receive any shipping email or my belt!!!

I called again and had them just cancel the order and refund my money. Their customer service sucks and if I could I would give them zero stars. I will be taking my business elsewhere. After reading all these other complaints they seem to just be a waste of people's time with bad service. I will place my order with Bloomingdale's from now on.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I bought a Burberry jacket online that qualified for a promotion gift card, jacket delivered was defective. I went to Neiman Marcus store at Paramus, NJ and did an even exchange. The store and online Neiman Marcus gave me the runaround regarding promotional gift card - store said to talk to online and vice-versa. After numerous attempts nothing was resolved, most horrible customer service where nobody wants to help. Sending defective merchandise and then harassing customer. I would never go back to purchase anything from Neiman Marcus.

Neiman Marcus Company Information