3.9/5 (640 ratings)

About Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

They just do not seem to be able to deliver the product. Delivery date is changed every time I contact. Always same excuse of warehouse issues. Looks to me like they are a scam. How do they get 3.9/5 in here. Go check their BBB rating of 1.07/5.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I purchased a Marc Jacobs tote bag in August of 2022. Upon purchasing was advised it was back ordered and would be shipped out 9/14/22. About 2 weeks after ordering received an email update that the approximate arrival date would be 9/14 meaning I would have it that date. Closer to that date I began tracking shipment but shipment still stated backordered. I called and was advised it would be shipped to the store on 9/14 and sent to me right after but again tracking still says back ordered. So on 9/14 I text a live representative and was advised the new back order date would be 10/7. Then the very next text from the representative was that she apologized that date is for new orders and my shipment had no date. Afterwards I called to speak to someone and was advised the bag would come sometime in October with no actual date, again I ordered in August.

I wrote Neiman Marcus Instagram page and was advised basically October some time I would receive the bag. No compensation was made for all the false information I was given. Very unprofessional and they eventually stopped responding. About an hour after the instagram messaging I received a new date of October 7th which again I was told was for new orders. I am highly upset and I believe that my order came in on 9/14 and they forgot to process mine so now I'm waiting with the new orders.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I am a very experienced online shopper and know the drill. Received a formal jumpsuit ($550 plus tax) for a rehearsal dinner in Grand Cayman. Ordered 3/16 and received 3/19 about 1.5 hours ago. When it was delivered (I saw the delivery guy from my office window.) the tape seal along the long side of the box had been completely torn apart. Driver was gone before I saw it. I took the jumpsuit out of the box and saw that from the bottom and at least 2-3 inches up both legs, was completely filthy.

I took photos and called Neiman customer service (in South America and spoke to Liz) and sent her the photos while on the call. She put me on hold for over 20 minutes. Came back and offered me 10% off. This is a WHITE jumpsuit. Who takes a risk on a $550 jumpsuit that the cleaners can even get the dirt out. I wouldn't. I explained that I did not want to keep the jumpsuit but wanted to return it and wanted to speak to a supervisor so that they had a record of how their shipping is being handled. It came FedEx. I should have never been put on my doorstep by FedEx. I have now been on hold 56.25 minutes waiting to speak to a supervisor. Neiman's has become miserable to work with.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

I ordered a Burberry Crossbody bag. My package arrived in a Burberry box on Jan 27th but inside there was a box of cookies. I talked with CS about the issue. They agreed to ship the purse once I postmarked that the cookies were sent back. Feb 2 I called CS again, discussed the issue and made it clear that I wanted the handbag not a refund. They assured me that this would be corrected and that the handbag would be sent. Today (Feb 6) I called again only to be informed that the bag was out of stock and that I was refunded the money. I’ve seen several other reviews like this. I do not know who is walking away if $$ merchandise but it is unacceptable CS. My CC was also compromised through this company a year ago. I WILL NOT be ordering from NM or their sister company ever again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

If I could give zero stars I would, do not buy from this company. They have the worse return process, their customer service team is questionable, they offered a refund (have 2 emails to prove it) and then 10 days later retracted it with no heads-up. Then when calling them you will pay long distance charges and will be placed on hold for hours. It's a joke. How can they call themselves a high end brand yet not even have a 1-800 number to service their clients. I will NEVER buy from this company again. Don't walk, run away from them!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I ordered a dress and matching sandals for my daughter's wedding, the dress arrived later than expected. My account was charged three times for the sandals I ordered including another charge today, BUT, this morning I received a email saying my sandal order was cancelled due to it being out of stock. They attributed this to THEM not updating their website when I placed the order (a week ago). About three days ago, had contacted Neiman Marcus regarding the sandals and I was assured they would be arriving by Jan 21, 2022. So I used their "convenient" chat where I was given the standard, I am sorry or I apologize for the inconvenience. YET they still have my money for the sandals. I asked if I could get a different color of the same sandal. NO, no way they can resolve this issue.

I was told this is a normal occurrence with Neiman Marcus. So when they say the item is in stock they are lying. When they get around to the order after it's paid for and it's not in stock then you are out of luck and have to wait patiently 5-7 business days to get your money back. SO they have had my money since 1//14/2022 but no intention of sending me the purchased item!! WORST STORE EVER!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I’m not sure if the packing person was trying to come up and pocket the purse I actually ordered, but somehow their department sent me the completely wrong purse. They will not send me a new one until the refund completely is sent back to their headquarters, even though this is not my fault. They will not give me the purse I ordered, unless I create a whole new transaction and charge my card $350 once again. I can’t believe their packing team can’t read a label correctly. The wrong item looks nothing like the item I ordered, and although this is 100% their fault, they will not send me a new one.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I pre ordered my shoes few months ago and finally I got email my shoes were shipped and I got charged on my credit card. However, when my shoes did not show up I contacted FedEx and I was informed they never received the package from the sender. I contacted Neiman Marcus ​and I was told I will be updated with my order status in 24 hours. Of course the email never came so I contacted them again. I find out my package never made it to FedEx and my shoes are no longer available and they can offer me a refund. I got really upset and I said to online chat operator I deserve something more than refund and I will report them to BBB. Mr. ** simply disconnected my chat. I just want to share my experience after waiting few months for my order and being charged for the product which I never even received. I am hoping I can receive my refund. I am not sure where this review will take me but I make sure not to buy from NM ever again.

Resolution response: Jan. 4, 2022

Today I decided to stop by the store to speak to someone on regard of this matter and fortunately the sales associate that originally I made the purchase on Dec 20th, Michael ** was able to help me and make me a happy customer. They had the size on stock and I was able to exchange the order. Kudos to Michael.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I purchased a pair of Louboutin sneakers at the Paramus - Garden State Plaza on Dec 20th. I returned to the store on Dec 27th to exchange the pair of sneakers as they were a size too big. I was advised by the sales associate that they did not have the item but it could be delivered to store or my home. I quickly responded to him that I was traveling and needed the item before Jan. 5th, 2022. He said, "Sure you will received it by then." Today Jan 3rd I called the store because I have not received any notifications that my item has been shipped. When I called the store after 20 minutes of waiting because they could not find the order. The young lady informed me that my item shipped yesterday Jan. 2nd and the estimated delivery was for Jan 6th, 2022 and there were nothing she could do as the item had already shipped.

I am very dissatisfied that I was very clear as to when I needed the item and the sales associate lied by saying it would be here before the my departure. I am now with no merchandise and the funds not on my account and no one could assist me, therefore I am a lost. I am very dissatisfied with the customer service provided Neiman Marcus had provided, their high-end approach is very downscale.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I am writing in about a complaint on Marie in customer service. I called in with a question about why items were not arriving in the gift box or gift wrapping as specified with the representative that I stayed on the line with for about 30-40mins upon placing the order that night. I called in and spoke with Marie to ask about how to get boxes for my order and she was completely inappropriate, and extremely rude. She spoke over me and told me that I was upset about the last person giving me incorrect information which was very offensive. I wasn't half as upset about the gift wrapping as I was how I was spoken to. Very unapologetic, rude, annoyed and not helpful at all. I was even told if I go into a store I would not be able to get gift boxes. I would never hire a person like this for my customer service.

Neiman Marcus Company Information