3.30/5

212 Neiman Marcus Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have never experienced such incompetent and RUDE customer service. Neiman Marcus’ customer service will get mad at you, literally hang up on you, and each agent will tell you something completely different. The agents in the online chat are atrocious and are not interested in resolving your problem at all. Where do they find these people?! NEVER shopping at Neiman Marcus ever again.

Original review: July 15, 2019

They canceled my order without any notification! And they keep saying my card has a problem! Come on, I just used the card for other online purchases, none of them said there was a problem! The Customer Service never ever tell the reason. NOT HELP AT ALL. The woman answered the phone is arrogant, bad attitude. NEVER SOLVED THE PROBLEM! Worst experience ever! Will never shop there again!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I had been rebuilding my credit after my sister stole my identity. And in January of 2017 Neiman Marcus approved me. I have kept balances low. Paid on time way more than minimum if not paid off every month. I have been a customer for over 2 and a half years. My credit is better. I make way more money as I work and co own three salons. And they refuse to increase my credit. They just keep saying, "sorry", they don’t care. And I don’t either. I am paying it off and will not has it again. If they don’t care about the people who shop with them I will throw the card in a drawer and never use it again. I’m really disappointed. Wanted to give 0 stars.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I had a Neiman Marcus credit card and they never billed my credit card. They never sent me a bill! They have an amount to OVER charge me. They accused me of not paying my fur storage. They agreed to clean and return my coat, which they never sent the coat or cleaned the coat. Finally, Neiman’s wants to keep my coat and sell my coat. RUN for your life!!!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I called NM today to place a catalog order on my NM card that I have had for 40 years. I was told that my account was closed (news to me) so I asked to speak to accounting. I was transferred to a Capital One where I was told they no longer serviced my account (news to me I never knew they did). Then I was connected to a debit collection service (news to me). This occurred 1 year ago. I never got a statement from NM. I never got a 2nd notice. I never got a courtesy letter. NOTHING. Nothing from the debt collector. Does this seem a little fishy? After 40 years they can KISS MY **. A copy of this will go to the credit bureau. I USED TO LOVE NM.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: May 8, 2019

On 1/3/2019 I purchased a pocketbook, the online special at the time was spend 2000 and get a 300 promotional gift card to use at Neiman Marcus. Now it is 5/8/2019 and I have yet to receive anything. I have contacted my sales person and she basically told me I was ** OUT OF LUCK. Her name is MARY **! THEY ARE REFUSING TO HONOR IT. I HAVE PROOF ON A RECEIPT AND EVERYTHING!!!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I was followed around the entire store as well as singled out, the employees were very rude and I felt very uncomfortable! My daughter bought me Fendi slides for my birthday, I was returning them because they were men and too big. The employees treated me as if I stole them! I will never buy anything from this store again.

Original review: April 24, 2019

If I could rate their service I would do 0 stars, why in the world would you keep charging the card until the item is delivered every 7 days. Is it our fault it’s taking a month or two months to deliver. I purchased 6500$ of furniture which ended up saying the delivery will be in 2 months after I purchased the items. They keep charging me 6500 every seven days as preauthorization which my bank drops in ten days... You better have a good credit limit or else you basically won’t be able to use your credit card until the item is shipped. Now every seven days I have 6500 being charged and my available balance to use is maxed out. It does drop on the 11th day from my credit card company but then there is already two previous ones preauthorized. So all in all I don’t have a card until these items are shipped. Horrible customer service and insane policy.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I ordered sandals online and they appeared as (in stock) in the size I wanted. I purchased on my Neiman's cc & one week later I received an email for my {immediate action required} to a.) cancel the item, b.) wait 3 months from the date I purchased or c.) wait indefinitely! Wow! LOL!! The money was taken out of my Neiman's cc and no refund was issued. When I called twice I was transferred each time I was on hold for over an hour. Bottom line I was transferred several times with no help. What a joke. I’m done with this store. This isn’t the first time either.. I never write reviews either I’m just so over this awful customer service.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I just had the worst customer service experience with Neiman Marcus. I talked to three different agents via online chat. They are all bullies. For example, when Ricardo **, one of the agent, did not feel like answering the questions anymore, he simply just dropped the conversation and left my questions to another agent. I had to explain the whole situation to another agent again.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Truly disappointed and very upset at NM. Here is why? I purchased a YSL bag and decided to take advantage of the gift card promo instead of going to the boutique. I figured, getting a GC is worth than getting a box and better purchase experience. Well, lo and behold it's not been 4 months and still no gift card! The worst part is having to waste my time chasing after a gift card that was owed to me!! SO BEWARE people, while a gift card is not chasing after it is not worth it. IT'S A SCAM!!! Btw, you can't speak to anyone in that department either. Customer service just keep saying they will inform that department!!! I am closing my NM card and will never shop there again. I also tell my friends and people that gift card promo is a sham!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I recently purchased three different shades of eye shadows online along with other items, and they messed up on the colors. I went to the store, and a very snooty sales lady sent me to customer service for a return. The customer service person had to call in to do the return because it was purchased with a gift card. Well, the customer service did a return by MANUALLY placing the credit amount on a physical gift card then ordered the correct with the physical gift card. This was done over the phone with a computer in front of them. DUMBEST procedure I have ever experienced. BTW, they sent the wrong shade again.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Ordered a Jovani dress for prom, paid $660. When the dress came it was a completely different dress. When I looked online the dress they sent me was $485 so they purposely changed tags. The dress I wanted was sold out in my size and they did nothing to compensate for me not getting the dress I wanted for my prom. So surprised that this is Neiman Marcus a supposed upscale store. Then to come on here and see so many bad reviews.... I won't be ordering from them again.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Beware that Neiman Marcus will take forever to refund you for an online return! I purchased a dress during a Last Call promotion. It didn't fit so I immediately returned it. I received an email a 10 days later that they received the return and will be processing my refund. They CHARGED me $9.95 for the return shipping that day, but no refund. It is now 12 days later and no refund. I've had to open a charge back claim to get my money back, calls to NM customer service resulted in them telling me just to wait. Absolutely ridiculous! In this day and age, online service should be seamless. I also find it ridiculous that they charge such high rates for shipping and return shipping. Never shopping with them again!

Original review: April 5, 2019

The people that work here are rude and pushy. For the amount anyone spends here, it's disappointing to feel stressed out after being in the store. Furthermore, the return policy is garbage. I bought a foundation in the wrong color and there is no way to even swap it out. They only accept unused products so they can resell it so be careful at the makeup counter. I would honestly avoid this place there are better stores.

Original review: March 29, 2019

My elder sister & I both placed our own order on different day but during Neiman Marcus Nov. 2018 GC EVENT. I spent $3200 & she spent over $3000 as well qualifying $750 Gift Card each order. We were supposed to get the GC not later than the end of Jan... but not received. Then we both contact NM Customer Srvc. & was told ONLY one order qualified for the GC promotion. They won’t issue another one for my sister because we live in the same house, same address… Was told it’s NM policy. Excuse me? What’s the issue for different person, different payment card!

We work hard to have some savings bought this house together to save lots of living cost, is that a problem for siblings live in the same house? So, Big question mark?? For those people who live in the same house can not purchase from same online store? Like some college students they live in the same dorm, same rental home, etc.…

And another question: I placed one day earlier than my sister, so why at the time when she placed her order the following day, NM ONLINE System didn’t show any info. that “this shipping address already been used once to have the GC promotion, and one address only qualified for one GC!” If so, she wouldn’t had spent more to buy anything from NM online!

Soooo unacceptable, ridiculous so-called policy. It’s completely a fraud. Neiman Marcus stole her $750. And another trick was told "NM has only 60 days return policy". But they only issue the GC after 60 days! Yes. They refused to issue the GC BUT you can not do anything & you can not return it even you felt cheated! PS: Who would ever read the tiny font policy from a website when they try to buy something?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I ordered a women's pyjama set for my elderly mother for $189.67 plus taxes and shipping = $259.30. An expensive purchase for my family. I received the wrong item (dressing gown, not pyjamas), with a swing tag advertising a lower price. I've contacted Neiman Marcus three times over two weeks asking for assistance to return the item (it can't be returned without a specific a Return Merchandise Authorisation form which only they can provide.) No response from Neiman Marcus. I'll keep trying but I would never purchase from them again. Their customer experience is appalling. They have my money and I have been ripped off.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I will return later in week to relay the details of my experience with Neiman Marcus (NM). For now, I seriously cannot in good conscience let another minute go by that I can exercise my duty to assist others via this site in hopes of preventing another potential customer from having to endure what I have over the past week in dealing with NM — during multiple botched transactions involving me having to LITERALLY spend three entire hours in online chat sessions with unbelievably incompetent, inept, inadequately trained & apathetic customer service representatives (CSR’s) — despite repeatedly, politely but but firmly —requesting to speak immediately to a supervisor — & having spent over fifteen hundred dollars ($1,500+). One CSR even went so far as to intentionally delete portions of our chat transcript in a covert effort to make our conversation appear differently than it had in actuality.

Fortunately, I had the good sense to take screenshots of the entire chat throughout its duration & prior to her having done so, this poses documentable proof of the truth, & fully intend to make it my mission to spread the word regarding my experience via every topical social media resource available to me & as well as post multiple reviews relaying exactly what occurred on consumer protection sites such as this.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I received this item which Neiman representative said is only at their store, but they wouldn't give a a store credit without a receipt. They said I should contact the giver and get one. I asked for the Store manager who said "the computer system doesn't allow for entries like that"... We ALL know that as a manager, especially a store manager, he could of done it. He choose not to and gave me a hard time for the $80 credit. I said I'd shop right then, but he stuck to his guns. Now I know why the store is empty and people refer to this store as "needless markup". I donated the gift and will spread the word for everyone to NOT shop there.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I purchased a pair of Cole Haan boots (over $100, not cheap) and within two months, a bolt of some sort starting coming into the interior of the heel. It makes it impossible to wear the boots as one side is very uncomfortable and hurts. I contacted the store and they said they could not do anything about it, (fix or replace) 30 days after purchase. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Neiman's Bergdorf Goodman store sold my wife a fake Fendi handbag, we are working with Fendi to resolve the issue but the people at Bergdorf Goodman are ignoring both me and the representatives of Fendi. Be wary of the good sold by Bergdorf Goodman.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I bought a Bally pair of shoes and they got unstitched the first time I used them. I called CS to ask them about what I can do. They told me, "Bring them to the store because you bought them on February 17, 2020". I proceed to drive to Galleria Mall NM on Fort Lauderdale. At my surprise the employee told me "We don't receive that back". I ask her to contact CS and when she call we wait 28 minutes and then needed to ask for a supervisor. At the end I never resolve the issue and $428.00 dollars were going to the garbage. PLEASE AVOID NEIMAN MARCUS. THERE MORE STORE WITH SAME BRANDS AND REALLY GOOD CS.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Purchased 4 bath towels online from Neiman Marcus during holiday season 2018. Upon receiving the towels washed them according to the instructions. Upon removing from the washer, all 4 towels were defective - fraying and threads undone. Contacted Neiman Marcus about experience and requested refund and return. During holidays Neiman's stated they had extended return time window, and we were well within the timeframe. Contacted customer service and rep apologized and accepted the return and provide a return authorization. Today we receive the towels back with a typewritten letter stating that they were now refusing the return. Stupid retailer, no accountability or responsibility and never cared about their customers or providing top quality products. Will never shop here ever again. Been a long term customer 15+ years.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Reason for the complaint: items bought during promotion period which were entitled to pre-set amount of gift cards have yet to come after 3 and half months. Reason for the mistake: one of the qualified items was EXCHANGED at local store. Verification of such a measure was consented by online and in-store reps confirming no impact will be on gift cards prior to the exchange was made (since I saw this coming).

Just like what I thought, Rep wrongfully coded the exchanged item, original order was affected, disqualified for the originally guaranteed gift card amount. Multiple phone calls and in-store follow-up did not result in complete resolution of this case. Other stores like Bloomingdales offer on-site instantaneous price OFF during promotion period, much easier and better policy, I would recommend avoid Neiman Marcus during holiday shopping period.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Dishonest sale representatives, do not provide samples to try, rude operation manager and take advantage of customer. The worst experience and quality. Rude attitude and dishonest sales do not inform re return policy.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Complaint Type: Refund / Exchange Issues. Description of Complaint: I have been a customer of Neiman Marcus for about 15 year or more. This is the first time I express my deep disappointment and dissatisfaction with firstly customer service at the cosmetic counter and secondly about handling my complaint by store manager. This is the summary of what happened. On 1/22/19 I stopped by at NM Paramus NJ store to get a sample of the expensive perfume by Tom Ford. The sales associate couldn’t provide me with such and I ended up buying a full small bottle of the perfume as a gift to a person. 2 days later I came back to the store with the intention to return or exchange a perfume since the person who I gifted it to didn’t like it.

Completely unaware I was greeted by the different sales associate by saying the return of the perfume can NOT be made since the cover is no longer on the box. The perfume was obviously opened because the person needed to see/smell what is inside. She pointed to the return policy on the back of the receipt where there is nothing specified regarding the perfume or cosmetics. We tried to get help from the cosmetic manager on the floor by the name of Elisa ** who didn’t bother to talk to me or accommodate my return at all. I was sent upstairs to customer service department, while I was walking there a phone call was made by Elisa ** not to assist any further.

I was only suggested to speak to the Customer reps by dialing 800 number. I called and again got no help, was provided with another suggestion to contact general store manager Brook **. I emailed Mrs **. She replied promptly but in her reply she only repeated that there’s a store policy not to accept items without tags attached or altered that doesn’t apply to the box of perfume at all. After a phone call from Brook ** I clearly understand why there are so many customers complaining about NM store, its policy and overall customer care in recent years. From the high end customer oriented department store this NM became one of many downgraded places.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I recently bought a Creed perfume and wanted to sample some other scent. I waited at the counter for 10 mins before the salesperson showed up. When I asked if I could have some sample, the sales lady - Mary gave me a big fuss how the sample perfume they have are running low on stock and how she have to spray into the bottle then uttered “you can only pick two”. I was shocked being treated this way. Shopping at NM Palo Alto is a mistake. I’ll stick with Nordstrom in future.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I ordered a Jimmy Choo shoes online after Thanksgiving. I received a used pair of shoes. Bottom dirty and one of the shoes with no paper inside to keep the form of the shoe. I didn't return it because they don't have my size anymore. Ordered the shoe for my wedding in June. For the price I paid it is not right that Neiman Marcus is not paying attention to what they are sending to customers. I will never order online again. Terrible.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Buscemi Men's 100mm High-Top Sneakers, Red. BEWARE. WILL NOT HONOR ONLINE ORDERS! OR DO ANYTHING FOR YOU! Ordered online, they are all out of the sneaker from 4 days after the order. They did not send me anything or honor my order! No gift card just 10% off of 850 dollar sneakers well done! I got such a good deal. They canceled my order! I'll never shop here again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The General manager Tracey ** went above and beyond to make my Christmas shopping simply perfect. I definitely will recommend the store from Sawgrass Mall to everyone I know. Thank you for bringing my smile back and making me feel again the Christmas spirit.

Neiman Marcus Company Information