3.6/5 (236 ratings)

About Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I’m not sure if the packing person was trying to come up and pocket the purse I actually ordered, but somehow their department sent me the completely wrong purse. They will not send me a new one until the refund completely is sent back to their headquarters, even though this is not my fault. They will not give me the purse I ordered, unless I create a whole new transaction and charge my card $350 once again. I can’t believe their packing team can’t read a label correctly. The wrong item looks nothing like the item I ordered, and although this is 100% their fault, they will not send me a new one.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I pre ordered my shoes few months ago and finally I got email my shoes were shipped and I got charged on my credit card. However, when my shoes did not show up I contacted FedEx and I was informed they never received the package from the sender. I contacted Neiman Marcus ​and I was told I will be updated with my order status in 24 hours. Of course the email never came so I contacted them again. I find out my package never made it to FedEx and my shoes are no longer available and they can offer me a refund. I got really upset and I said to online chat operator I deserve something more than refund and I will report them to BBB. Mr. ** simply disconnected my chat. I just want to share my experience after waiting few months for my order and being charged for the product which I never even received. I am hoping I can receive my refund. I am not sure where this review will take me but I make sure not to buy from NM ever again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Jan. 4, 2022

Today I decided to stop by the store to speak to someone on regard of this matter and fortunately the sales associate that originally I made the purchase on Dec 20th, Michael ** was able to help me and make me a happy customer. They had the size on stock and I was able to exchange the order. Kudos to Michael.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I purchased a pair of Louboutin sneakers at the Paramus - Garden State Plaza on Dec 20th. I returned to the store on Dec 27th to exchange the pair of sneakers as they were a size too big. I was advised by the sales associate that they did not have the item but it could be delivered to store or my home. I quickly responded to him that I was traveling and needed the item before Jan. 5th, 2022. He said, "Sure you will received it by then." Today Jan 3rd I called the store because I have not received any notifications that my item has been shipped. When I called the store after 20 minutes of waiting because they could not find the order. The young lady informed me that my item shipped yesterday Jan. 2nd and the estimated delivery was for Jan 6th, 2022 and there were nothing she could do as the item had already shipped.

I am very dissatisfied that I was very clear as to when I needed the item and the sales associate lied by saying it would be here before the my departure. I am now with no merchandise and the funds not on my account and no one could assist me, therefore I am a lost. I am very dissatisfied with the customer service provided Neiman Marcus had provided, their high-end approach is very downscale.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I am writing in about a complaint on Marie in customer service. I called in with a question about why items were not arriving in the gift box or gift wrapping as specified with the representative that I stayed on the line with for about 30-40mins upon placing the order that night. I called in and spoke with Marie to ask about how to get boxes for my order and she was completely inappropriate, and extremely rude. She spoke over me and told me that I was upset about the last person giving me incorrect information which was very offensive. I wasn't half as upset about the gift wrapping as I was how I was spoken to. Very unapologetic, rude, annoyed and not helpful at all. I was even told if I go into a store I would not be able to get gift boxes. I would never hire a person like this for my customer service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

If I could give 0 stars I would. Normally I don’t write reviews, this time I'm taking my time writing a negative review because the disrespect is just too much. In June my boyfriend bought me a pair of Louboutins which had to be returned over 4 times because they were either missing the heel replacement or they just came straight up scratched. After this they finally sent me some in new condition. Then now I decided to buy some Tory Burch which came scratched at the bottom as if someone tried them on. I took them back to the store and was treated as if I was stealing. Horrible horrible customer service, will continue looking for ways to leave negative reviews because of the disrespect from the representatives.

I was given an a ultimatum even after I explained and proved to them these shoes had not been worn, at least not by me given the fact that the tag at the bottom was new and the shoe was in perfect condition even wrapped in the paper as they sent it. I was able to get my refund however Jaír the treatment was very disgusting. So disappointed with this store never setting foot here again. Don’t waste your time and money and go yo Nordstrom instead or just buy straight from the designer.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Neiman Marcus sent to me dresses without red tags which were too big. They didn’t want accept them back due to this. I wrote escalation to them in September. They said that this is my false. In October they sent me next dress without red tag. 20 minutes after opening box I wrote to them escalation. And again I have received information that they will not take dress back due to this. They have huge problems with employees and they forced customers to pay for their mistakes. They don’t want to give me back $1000 for two dresses. Dresses are too big and believe me on pictures vs real looks really different. I will never buy dresses at this store!!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

If I could give them 0 stars I would. I wish I had read all of these reviews before I ordered. This was my very first experience with Neiman Marcus. I thought Neiman Marcus was a high end, reputable business & I was sadly mistaken. I ordered multiple dresses for an event NEXT YEAR & returned them all. They never left my house. One of the dresses was NEVER tried on and was returned in its original packaging. Neiman Marcus accepted the return and then wouldn't refund my money. They never contacted me. When I called them, they said the dress was worn, damaged, and unsaleable. I know with 100% certainty I returned it in the same condition I received it and it was never worn or damaged. I asked for details and pictures because I was stunned. I asked for it to be escalated and someone to call me. Neither happened. Instead, they tried to send the dress back to ME! I refused delivery and I contacted them again, and I got the same run around.

They refused to allow me to talk to a manager. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! Whatever happened to that dress, if anything, did not happen while it was in my possession. They need to check with their own warehouse team or talk to USPS, the carrier. Today, that dress came back to me AGAIN, repackaged in a new box. I again refused delivery and have reported Neiman Marcus to the Better Business Bureau. They have stolen $430 from me. All I want is my money back.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I ordered a pair of Balenciaga sneakers and Marc Jacobs handbag. I live in a building. Let me start by saying that. I received an email that my package was delivered however it was not there when I got home. The FedEx driver put my name and apt as proof of delivery. My buzzer comes straight to my phone and he did not ring my bell or come to my door. My package is missing and Neiman Marcus refuses to replace my items or give me a refund because FedEx states it was delivered. I asked for proof of my signature and that it was delivered to me and they said because of Covid FedEx deliveries are contactless.

So basically he could have gave my package to anyone in my building including visitors, mark my package delivered and that's that. Brenda is the manager of the escalation department who told me if FedEx says it's delivered they can't do anything yet they refuse to show me a signature or proof. Now I’m out of $1000 and my merchandise and their answer to me was they can't do anything!

Original review: July 21, 2021

I ordered a pair of Louboutins for my wife online. $25 were added for next day delivery, which I was happy to pay. The shoes did not arrive next day or the day after. When I called and texted customer service I was told they would arrive in two to three weeks. All the sweet talking numb replies from CS couldn't make up for the disappointment at the time I was thinking of gifting those shoes. Now I would like to exchange these unworn shoes for a pair one size up and managers are unwilling to work with me. This is the first and last time I will engage with Neiman Marcus. This brand is trash.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I purchased a Beverage dispenser from Neiman Marcus that came damaged and missing parts…when I called customer service they were very unprofessional! They did not help with my situation or resolve it! I even spoke with management, And they were even more unprofessional them the representatives I spoke with. Still they haven’t resolved my situation.

Neiman Marcus Company Information