2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Neiman Marcus Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Let me start out by saying that mistakes happen. My issue is not with a mistake per se, but with the way in which Neiman Marcus handled, or in this case mis-handled, an embedded operational issue that resulted in a series of erroneous shipments stretching out over a month. Without delving into the granular details, I placed an order for a household item, which was intended as a Valentine’s Day gift for my spouse, on January 10, 2020. One could reasonably expect that an order placed a month in advance would be received by 2/14, right? Unfortunately, my assumption was wrong as evidence by the following sequence:

• 1/17 – received wrong item
        • 1/24 – received right item, wrong color
        • 1/31 – received wrong item originally received on 1/17
        • 2/7 – received wrong item originally received on 1/17

• 2/14 – received wrong item originally received on 1/17

The abbreviated summary above omits the extensive time spent on multiple phone calls, each with a different customer service representative or supervisor, to repeatedly explain the issue. I was advised by a supervisor, Monika, on 2/7 that the issue stemmed from an incorrect item # on the vendor’s side. Monika re-assured me that the issue would be addressed via direct contact with the vendor and that I would receive the proper item by 2/14.

Lo and behold, on 2/14, I received the same incorrect item for the fourth time. Upon speaking to a second supervisor, Latawn, on 2/14, I was advised that the issue was operational and required further investigation. I requested a call back for a status update on 2/18 and Latawn confirmed that she would indeed accommodate such request. Perhaps a call back request is unreasonably burdensome, as I have yet to receive a call back from Latawn (or anyone for that matter) as of 2/21. Or perhaps I am naïve to have expected anyone to assume ownership of the issue, so shame on me.

Bottom line, I can say with 100% certainty that this has been the most horrendous customer service experience I’ve ever encountered in my 39 years. For a company that purportedly prides itself on customer service, Neiman Marcus has failed to deliver on its mission of customer satisfaction. The disregard of my time and exasperation is downright insulting. I literally pleaded with the supervisors to help resolve the issue, to no avail.

As a first time Neiman Marcus customer, I am appalled by the neglect and lack of professionalism. Fortunately, the competitive landscape in retail is robust and there are alternatives to Neiman Marcus, with which I will never again conduct business. While I cannot fault an organization for a mistake, the apathetic response to a mistake is inexcusable.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I ordered a $299 small round rose box, they sent me a $39 single rose. I contacted customer service immediately and told them I needed the order by a specific date, since the person I was giving it to was leaving the country for 7 months (these roses only last a year). I was told that the roses would arrive before the date. Two days later, I got a charge on my credit card for the same amount. I checked my credit card statement and saw 2 of the same charges (and no refund/credit). I contacted customer service again, and was told that I was getting refunded for my original order, and was charged for the replacement order. I was not informed about the refund/re-charge. I then checked the tracking for the replacement order, and the expected delivery date was after the specified date, so now I'll have to send back the order when it arrives (late). Horrible customer service for such a big luxury company and such a waste of my time.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

The salesperson who helped me was Kepra ** from the Neiman Marcus at The Hudson Yards Store in New York. Only in town for two days, I wasn't comfortable with what I had packed. Kepra helped me find exactly what I needed. Kepra was assuring as I am not the model-size that I felt Neiman's caters too. I was surprised to find something I was looking for in the store. I bought two items! I texted Kepra photos as I wore one in the afternoon and one at night. I could not be more pleased with the top shelf service I received as a mere mortal!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have had my eye on a cardigan (Lafayette 148) for a couple of months but at $648, I thought I would wait for a sale. For over a week for their regular sized customers, NM has listed this with $400 off the list price. However, in plus-sized clothing, the cardigan is still at $648. I called and complained but that is not the point. Why are plus-sized people gouged for money while regular sized people get the bargains? I used to be a loyal customer, but now, I will not buy anything there.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Buyer Beware. I bought a Birthday Gift for my Granddaughter. It doesn't fit. Brand New with tags and receipt. I took it to the store last night and was rudely told it was over 30 days and that's their policy. They are the nastiest employees I've ever seen. They looked at my daughter and I like we stole the coat. I'm out $415.00. They DONT care about customer service, I wasn't offered an exchange, A Store Credit, NOTHING. Just a Nasty attitude from the cashier as well as the manager. I WILL NEVER GIVE THEM MY MONEY. I'LL SHOP AT SAKS and NORDSTROM. Don't let this happen to you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I bought a $62.00 bottle of Dior Airflash Spray Foundation. I used it twice and it quit spraying. Customer service wouldn't work with me fairly at all. They said I could order another can of $62.00 foundation with a small discount. I offered to return my can so they could see I was being honest and felt a replacement was fair and just from a high end department store but both the rep and the manager were very rude and unprofessional. I will never shop at Neiman Marcus again! BUYERS BEWARE!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Sometimes it takes me a little while to make a decision about certain purchases. I enjoy being able to shop in a brick and mortar store, try on a product before I purchase it, and have the convenience of making returns in person. With Neiman Marcus I can shop in the store but not feel forced to make a purchase right then and there. I can try on something for size and touch the product to feel for quality and then I can go home and make my purchase online! This works perfectly for me! And, if I change my mind, I can easily take my purchase in to the store for return or exchange! I love it!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Purchased bedding and was promised 25% discount as I just missed the sale the day before, and selected express post and 2 weeks later still nothing but they just kept fobbing me off. Finally they tell me it's lost and I need to reorder, so I did this and they promised me another 10% off. Finally they sent it and 1 person told me I will get discount 5-7days... still nothing. Next person tells me no it's 10 days, then I received 2 discounts in my account that do not add up to the amount I was told, so I ring them and the lady was so unkind and kept telling me it was all my fault and wouldn't have it that the discount was wrong and I pretty much had to give her a maths lesson for her to work out she was wrong, then she proceeds to tell me it will be 30 days before I see anything in my account?

5-7 days, 10 days and 30 days are all quite different. Someone was not telling the truth here. To top it off the fitted sheet I ordered was meant to be patterned as the picture shows... and it turned up plain white. She said it was my fault. I should have known:s as the selection says white, to me this just meant that the main background is white and it was the only selection available so you go off the picture... Still haven't resolved the issue a month later, but no for sure I will never buy from there again!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

We bought the 100 ml Jo Malone Cologne for 140 dollars from NM. The package arrived with all the gifts but missing the cologne we bought. We contacted with NM customer service immediately. They are super confident that it's our mistake or FedEx's issue. And they told us that they have the record of the weight of every piece in the package. So the customers can never fraud them. Then we ask them the weight info to compare with what we got. They made up all the info according to the size of these products. These results definitely incorrect which what we actually measured. OK, they treat us like monkeys. They just want to make excuses and threaten us. NM shirks their responsibility to FedEx and the customers for this mistake. Never did they doubt that the packager in NM forgot to put the item inside.

Finally, after tens of emails, they agree to resend the product FOR THE COURTESY! Amazing thing happens again, they make another charge to my credit card with no reason and no notification. Now, we spent 298 dollars for the Cologne and hours of debating with them. I decided to contact my credit company for this theft. Yes, NM is the theft! We will never ever shop in NM!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I had bought a jumpsuit from NM online. I was provided a shipping label to return the item. I took the box to the post office and shipped it back. They won't refund my money ($644) because they claim the weight of the box does not match what the box should weigh! Now I am trying to dispute the charges with my Credit company. I hate NM and I will never shop from there again. I have wasted so much time over the phone, chat and email to try to get this resolved and I had no luck.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Neiman Marcus Company Information