2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5

Neiman Marcus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: April 24, 2021

Neiman Marcus emails me regularly regarding flash sales (24-hours long) on clothing and accessories. This week, I found a $285 shirt for $49. I ordered it. 12 hours later, I received an email declaring my ordered canceled because they didn't have it in the size I had selected. With only minutes left in the sale, I went online and ordered it in a smaller size. There is a reasonable chance this will fit me as I am between the two sizes. Generally, if I don't know for sure which size is best, I read the reviews or if that is not available I order the larger size.

Just hours after my order, I checked the shirt again. It was now longer an extra 25% percent off, but magically Neiman Marcus had several of this shirts available in the original size I had requested. The same size in the cancelled order! Amazing how multiple shirts became available when the store was closed across the country.

I called customer service the next morning after again confirming that they had multiple shirts in my preferred size still available. My smaller shirt order had already been processed and that shirt was allegedly on its way. Customer service had no answer and was evasive when I first asked them what was going on. Not particularly helpful, though they were willing to create a third order for the shirt in the original size. Great now I have to buy 2 shirts! This seems like a bait and switch to me. I don't think Neiman Marcus puts the whole inventory of a clothing item on sale. That said, why tell me it is available, then cancel the order 12 hours later, and then shortly after, list it in stock again? Not right.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I ordered a chaise in January. I completely understand that things may take a while to obtain or arrive given the current circumstances. I was initially told the item would be available from the vendor in April. Every month I have gotten an 'update' to my order which never changed from being 'in process' with the estimated arrival being pushed to the following month. Well, it's April, and the last update is still 'in process' without even an estimated arrival date. After contacting someone, I was told that the new 'estimated arrival date' is 5/5. I asked if this would also be subject to change. At which point I was told 'yes that is why it an estimated arrival date.'

Ok, so I'm going to spend $3500 for an item that doesn't even have a guaranteed ship date from YOUR vendor? There is no guarantee that I even receive this item within like, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months? I really would not care if they told me it would be July or August, but to not even know when I'm going to definitively receive the item? This is asinine. I cancelled my order. At least I can self soothe by reminding myself they filed for bankruptcy last year.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2021

This joke of a business keep cancelling my orders without even bothering to reach out to me. They keep saying my bank rejected the payment even though my card statement shows the money have been successfully debited. No wonder they’re filing for bankruptcy. Neiman Marcus is truly the laughingstock of the whole retail industry.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I have had my account with Neiman for about two years. I never carry a balance but they are slow to credit my account for returns or payments even if I make the payment in cash in the store and the same with returns. I have received late payment charges and they even shut down my credit card this weekend because they said they did not receive payment. I actually used the mail this time but it was mailed at least a week before the payment was due. I asked that they show me the postmark on the envelope when they did receive it and they said no. Meanwhile the items I had selected during the sale are now gone.

One time I made a return by mail and it was sent back to me with the box opened and my merchandise hanging out. I re-taped it and sent it back. If they were implying they received the box that way why on earth would they not at least tape it before sending it back to me? If the items had been lost I would have been liable. They also complained to me once that I was paying my bill in cash.

Original review: March 15, 2021

On Saturday afternoon I was in Neiman Marcus, Merrick Park for shopping for some earings, a salesmen took me to the jewelry department and asked a gentlemen by the name of Mike to show them to me. He turned around and told me to lift my mask that had slipped down to the middle of my nose. I put it up, the band was stretched out, I was unable to maintain it up, it slipped right down again, as I attempted to try again the mask when in my eye causing my eye to tear, so I told him sorry I cannot keep it up. He turned around with a gesture that looked as he was going to come at me say what did you say! I turned around to the other salesmen informing him that I was sorry but had to leave, as I was insulted this salesmen now turned enforcer disrespected me.

At that point I definitely took off my mask in is entirety with my eye tearing up, to walk out of the store. I cannot wear masks too tight because I start to hyperventilate when forced to wear while doing any type of movement or talking. I carry an inhaler, at times I have to walk outside to use it suffering from symptoms due to a lack of oxygen intake. All customers shopping in person are perfectly aware of the one year pandemic and have moved past the restrictions. We are the people keeping Mike and all other employees in business and deserve better. This was a horrible experience a form of bullying as he was a man much bigger than I was and felt he took advantage of that.

I have been many times shopping in Neiman's and keep coming back because everyone in your store have always shown value for their customers and treat us with the utmost respect, Saturday, March 13, 2021 that was not the case. There is absolute not one study validating facial covering reduce the spread, unfortunately the media is ensuring those people are silenced. According to the CDC, Emerging Infectious Diseases, Volume 26, Number 5 one of the many published studies on Personal Protective and Environmental Measures concluded, face masks did not support a substantial effect on transmission of the virus. In Florida, our Governor Ron DeSantis has lifted the mandatory mask requirement for a reason, business are free to require it if they want to but I do not agree with customers being subject to bullying from any employee.

Original review: March 5, 2021

My order was lost/ stolen, which was captured by my security camera and which was supposed to be delivered by signature. I was not home, that fact was proved by my camera that the postman knocked the door and left the package on the busy street side. Then he put signed in his device as I signed it and accepted it which obviously was not true as the cameras captured everything. When the postman left a stranger approached my package and apparently took it as the place is crowded as I said. After 30 min. the camera shows that I arrived home. I sent all these videos to Neiman Marcus team to investigate and give me either refund or replacement but they did not care at all. They act like robots. They see in the FedEx tracking it shows signed by me and follow with that fact only disregarding the videos that shows how postman leaves the package with no confrontation of anybody. This is disgrace from both fedex and Neiman Marcus to their customers.

I at least deserve to get my money back. I am very much disappointed by this incident. Do not make online orders from this company. It is not guaranteed that you ever receive your item nor is it guaranteed that you’ll get refund/replacement. They told me to file a police report and open up a claim with fedex. I think they were kidding me, seriously. Did I choose to contract with that carrier? No. Was the risk of loss on me before the item was delivered? No. Did I ever received or signed for it? No. Why should I be given a hard time and follow all these steps? The store bears the responsibility for both choosing a right carrier and making sure the item is safely delivered.

The store bears the risk of loss of the item until after the item is on my possession (google and read a case law on Contract). Now they are telling me to take the steps that should be done by them by law. Very unresponsible, uncarring, unprofessional, indifferent customer service I have ever seen. Do not buy online from this company and they have the poorest, zero level customer service. They are more like robots than people with acting brains.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Terrible experience. I paid $200 for shoes for my wedding, a few months later I was diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy and have very little feeling in my feet accompanied by poor balance so these 3 inch wedges just weren't a great idea. I decided to chat with a Neiman Marcus agent and see if they would be willing to help me out. The agent agreed to authorize the return as long as I paid the shipping, which I found more than fair seeing as I was months outside of their return window. I pay $25 for 2 day shipping with insurance through the postal service and after it finally makes it to Texas it lands in the middle of the snowstorm so another week passes and my shoes finally arrive for my refund only to be turned away and sent directly back to me because.... You guessed it, out of the return window.

I chat with an agent and explain that I was told the return was approved and they apologize and say there's nothing they will do for me except refund my shipping costs. So here I sit, no shoes, wedding in 3 months, hopefully they show up by then, and my choice is spend another $200 or so on a second pair and be in this for $400 or risk my crap balance and feet I can't feel forsaking me in the middle of my wedding. All because of a poorly trained agent and a company unwilling to stand by their word. Don't waste your time.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I received my sunglasses, they came in a nice satin bag. But when i first saw them, they were not what i expected. The first thing is, one of the lenses were out of the frame. They had fell out. When i put them back in the frame, they would not stay in. I'm guessing they were too small. The shades were flimsy and lightweight like plastic. I was under the impression that the frame would be heavy being that the shades were suppose to be gold plated metal. When i put the shades on, the did not fit my face. The kept slipping down and to top it off....the lenses were dirty. I was highly disappointed in my item. For $250.00 i was expecting something worth what i paid. It was a rip off. Now i'm in the process of returning the item and getting all my money back. The shades ain't even real 12k gold plated. That's false advertisement on the companies part. There was a scratch mark on the frames and when i wiped the frames off, it would not wipe off. I would not recommend buying any sunglasses from this company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Atlanta, GA. If had zero star I’ll give. I’m their loyal customer for many years specially this location near my house. I never have to go to their customer service. But today’s my first time I need to return the perfume I bought online. First, I asked the security guy where customer service is. He used his hand to point out. Don’t even say a word. When I was at customer service have 2 people there. One sat on work at working table, one sat on the couch opposite. The guy on the couch asked me what do I need. I was so confused that he worked there. And he said I couldn’t return my item 'cause it been opened. And the lady on the table said no too. I’m not angry because I couldn’t return it. But both of them seen I’m Asian. Don’t understand English. They spoke louder and louder.

Both are sitting while I’m standing between them. They are not rude but very attitude to me. Not even standing or greeting or the first sentence: How May I help you instead of what do you need? I don’t know how they are been training. 3 people they are all **. As an Asian customer who spending thousand and thousand dollars for Neiman and have experience at their customer service in very first time. I’m so totally disappointed. They are selling high end products but their customer service is lower than anything. They are don’t say sorry to me when they can’t help me to make my return but I have to say sorry to Neiman Marcus 'cause you lost 1 loyal customer. Please training for employee right away.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I recieved my new shoes today (or what I thought was new). I was sent a refurbished pair of Christian Louboutin. The bottom of the shoes had scratches and dents that either the previous owner or Neiman attempted to repair with the infamous red bottom paint. The paper in the box was all wrinkled and the shoes was not wrapped as you normally would receive a new shoes. Not even shoe stuffing! On the bottom of all shoes there is a little plastic sticker, that sticker print was faded and dirt was around the edges. The back base (achilles heal) had creases of wear to top it all off. The unmitigated gull of this top end store to sale a use shoe as a new purchased for $695 not to mention hygienic exposure during this pandemic.

Neiman Marcus Company Information