3.57/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Neiman Marcus

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

219 Neiman Marcus Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Purchased bedding and was promised 25% discount as I just missed the sale the day before, and selected express post and 2 weeks later still nothing but they just kept fobbing me off. Finally they tell me it's lost and I need to reorder, so I did this and they promised me another 10% off. Finally they sent it and 1 person told me I will get discount 5-7days... still nothing. Next person tells me no it's 10 days, then I received 2 discounts in my account that do not add up to the amount I was told, so I ring them and the lady was so unkind and kept telling me it was all my fault and wouldn't have it that the discount was wrong and I pretty much had to give her a maths lesson for her to work out she was wrong, then she proceeds to tell me it will be 30 days before I see anything in my account?

5-7 days, 10 days and 30 days are all quite different. Someone was not telling the truth here. To top it off the fitted sheet I ordered was meant to be patterned as the picture shows... and it turned up plain white. She said it was my fault. I should have known:s as the selection says white, to me this just meant that the main background is white and it was the only selection available so you go off the picture... Still haven't resolved the issue a month later, but no for sure I will never buy from there again!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

We bought the 100 ml Jo Malone Cologne for 140 dollars from NM. The package arrived with all the gifts but missing the cologne we bought. We contacted with NM customer service immediately. They are super confident that it's our mistake or FedEx's issue. And they told us that they have the record of the weight of every piece in the package. So the customers can never fraud them. Then we ask them the weight info to compare with what we got. They made up all the info according to the size of these products. These results definitely incorrect which what we actually measured. OK, they treat us like monkeys. They just want to make excuses and threaten us. NM shirks their responsibility to FedEx and the customers for this mistake. Never did they doubt that the packager in NM forgot to put the item inside.

Finally, after tens of emails, they agree to resend the product FOR THE COURTESY! Amazing thing happens again, they make another charge to my credit card with no reason and no notification. Now, we spent 298 dollars for the Cologne and hours of debating with them. I decided to contact my credit company for this theft. Yes, NM is the theft! We will never ever shop in NM!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I had bought a jumpsuit from NM online. I was provided a shipping label to return the item. I took the box to the post office and shipped it back. They won't refund my money ($644) because they claim the weight of the box does not match what the box should weigh! Now I am trying to dispute the charges with my Credit company. I hate NM and I will never shop from there again. I have wasted so much time over the phone, chat and email to try to get this resolved and I had no luck.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I bought a pair of shoes online - I tried them on at home and they did not fit. I sent them back to get a back a refund. Neiman Marcus refused to take the shoes back which are unworn and in their original package as per their requirements. I spoke with two different representatives. Neither one was willing or able to do anything to help. They instead offered me a $25 credit. It seems they don’t really care very much about their customers or the shopping experience and I will be shopping elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I ordered a dress to wear to an event with plenty of lead time (more than a week). When I was checking out I picked the option of 3-5 business days. Today I discovered that it would take 7 business days and would miss my event. I called customer service and the lady simply didn’t care. I asked her to call FedEx. Well, she did and she didn’t put me on hold, so I could hear the whole conversation. It was the following: ‘I have a customer asking why the package takes longer to deliver’; FedEx: ‘we take 4-7 business days to ship’: lady from NM ‘oh, okay. That’s it that. Bye’. Then my call got disconnected! Paying $500 for a dress I at least expect it to arrive on time and also some care when it comes to customer needs. This is my last time shopping at Neiman Marcus.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: July 23, 2019

I ordered an evening dress for the wedding and it was very disappointed, I can not believe it dress was coming from Neiman Marcus. If they offer this dress to anybody for $10 I don't think anyone will buy it. I did pay $455.0 for it. I had a hard time to return it. They would not give me a printable label to return it. It took me few day and many hours on phone. Finally they told me to drop the package at FedEx. I do not buy never anything from Neiman Marcus.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I ordered an evening dress for the wedding and it was too big. I shipped the item back to the next day via the return label provided. After a week I checked my cc card activity to see if the refund was posted. There was no credit. I tried to track the package but have come to find out it was untrackable. I've been on the phone with NM several times just to find out that return label was never scanned to initiate the shipment. They suggested filing a claim with the USPS. I did. The USPS doesn't have it in their system. I called the USPS customer service and was told that NM uses their own tracking system. They said that often it doesn't get scanned until the package gets back to their location. Since the returns are handled by the third party, it is impossible to know who is responsible for the return and it is impossible to track the package.

My bill is due in 2 weeks and the dress was around $500. I was hoping to do an exchange once I get the credit, but at this point, I am just happy to get the credit. I called back customer service this morning and was assured that this never happens. Well, it is not true. I went online to discover that I am not the only one with this problem. The exact experience was shared online by several people. I am so appalled and disappointed with NM customer service and the way they handle online business. What a letdown!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have never experienced such incompetent and RUDE customer service. Neiman Marcus’ customer service will get mad at you, literally hang up on you, and each agent will tell you something completely different. The agents in the online chat are atrocious and are not interested in resolving your problem at all. Where do they find these people?! NEVER shopping at Neiman Marcus ever again.

Original review: July 15, 2019

They canceled my order without any notification! And they keep saying my card has a problem! Come on, I just used the card for other online purchases, none of them said there was a problem! The Customer Service never ever tell the reason. NOT HELP AT ALL. The woman answered the phone is arrogant, bad attitude. NEVER SOLVED THE PROBLEM! Worst experience ever! Will never shop there again!

Original review: June 16, 2019

I had been rebuilding my credit after my sister stole my identity. And in January of 2017 Neiman Marcus approved me. I have kept balances low. Paid on time way more than minimum if not paid off every month. I have been a customer for over 2 and a half years. My credit is better. I make way more money as I work and co own three salons. And they refuse to increase my credit. They just keep saying, "sorry", they don’t care. And I don’t either. I am paying it off and will not has it again. If they don’t care about the people who shop with them I will throw the card in a drawer and never use it again. I’m really disappointed. Wanted to give 0 stars.

Neiman Marcus Company Information