1.43/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

185 Neiman Marcus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I ordered a Jimmy Choo shoes online after Thanksgiving. I received a used pair of shoes. Bottom dirty and one of the shoes with no paper inside to keep the form of the shoe. I didn't return it because they don't have my size anymore. Ordered the shoe for my wedding in June. For the price I paid it is not right that Neiman Marcus is not paying attention to what they are sending to customers. I will never order online again. Terrible.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Buscemi Men's 100mm High-Top Sneakers, Red. BEWARE. WILL NOT HONOR ONLINE ORDERS! OR DO ANYTHING FOR YOU! Ordered online, they are all out of the sneaker from 4 days after the order. They did not send me anything or honor my order! No gift card just 10% off of 850 dollar sneakers well done! I got such a good deal. They canceled my order! I'll never shop here again.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The General manager Tracey ** went above and beyond to make my Christmas shopping simply perfect. I definitely will recommend the store from Sawgrass Mall to everyone I know. Thank you for bringing my smile back and making me feel again the Christmas spirit.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I bought two dresses for my daughters at the Phoenix Neiman Marcus on 12/15/2018 in the Dress Dept. One dress was $247.00 and the other dress was $200.00. I happened to be back there on 12/21/2018 & saw that the $247.00 dress was marked down online to $185. I had my receipt & it was less than a week. Julie the manager from the dress Dept was called out & said to me she would not honor the price adjustment because it was on sale already. I had bought 3 other dresses that same day besides these two dresses. I said, "Well I can just return the dress & rebuy it online." She said “Well if you want to bother to do that & buy it online I can’t stop you.“ I will NEVER buy anything at this store again the way she spoke to me. I found her remarks to be condescending and rude. Honestly NM can’t afford to give a $61.75 price adjustment?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Ordered a pair of UGG gloves as a gift with their "promised" next day delivery. FedEx did not deliver them the next day and I was told If I wanted them sooner than Christmas Eve would have to get them myself from FedEx. I called the store and was told there was nothing they could do. The supervisor was rude and simply stated there was nothing she could do. I asked how was that when they do most millions of dollars in business with this company. It was not even troublesome to them that they use a company that in my experience have had multiple problems with. They use this company and promote free overnight shipping to get you to buy things from them and they do not care at all that this is not the case and offer nothing for your trouble. Stay away from this company and from any company that uses FedEx.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neiman Marcus?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I applied for the Neiman Marcus credit card and went through all the criteria to get approved by the bank. When I received my card I went and made a purchase for Christmas. Their customer service is horrible. They would not put the order through saying I had to submit a pay stub and picture ID. I had no problem sending over a picture ID but a pay stub really. I was approved based on my credit and now I can’t use it because they decided I needed to send a pay stub. As I told them they are racial profiling because I’m middle eastern and not one of the rich and famous. Terrible company and this is the first of many complaints I intend to make.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We have been credit card NM customers for decades. We don't use the card hardly anymore due to the interest rate as of December, 2018 for 25.99%!! Our credit is excellent so why such a high rate? If we shop there at all we'll use a different cc card, it goes without saying. It's not even worth the time to call and request a lower percentage; it's that aggravating. Their point system has also declined over the years. So much different than Nordstrom.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Neiman Marcus accepts returns but fails on customer service when it comes to shipping and keeping your money tied up for weeks. I shipped my return to the company late November from Colorado. It was received, according to tracking information, in Grapevine, Texas where it has sat for 10 days and counting. No information, updates or money back. Absolutely horrendous experience when compared to Amazon (refund as soon as the item is scanned by the post office). Neiman uses a cut rate shipping company with the WORST reviews called Newgistics. This company doesn't care about customers of their retail clients as it does not have a phone system that will actually connect you with a Customer Service rep. I am really aggravated and HATE Neiman Marcus. Great strategy: screw your customer and give them no information about the refund.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

It took me 5 times to finally tell me that they couldn't place the gift card order over the phone. 1. Online - does not work. Tried other credit cards, still saying it wasn't working. 2. Chat guy, telling me to clean cache and to call 888 number. 3. Calling the 888 for them to tell me to call the 214 number. 4. A lady Shauna, to tell me I got the right number but not the right extension. 5. I got the right extension just to be told the same as the chat guy and that she "couldn't" place the order over the phone, finally someone told me that. It will be so simply to avoid any headaches of wasting people time by saying, "Our online system is done through a 3rd party. System is down and NO, we don't place orders over the phone." What a nightmare. I spent over an hour on this, time I could spend with my family. Thanks NM for your such great needless markup service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I ordered a shoes for my birthday dinner on November 23rd and I paid the 2 days shipping so I could get it on before my birthday. I didn’t get it I called to cancel it the day the said that I was going to get it. I spoke to a few people - they all said something different and being told that there’s nothing they can do for me but sorry. They did not do it and my money is gone. The item said delivered but I don’t get it. Bad customer service and very bad experience. I am highly dissatisfied. You guys can do better. How you going to let a delivery guy drop a box with something expensive on the floor without nobody signing it? It’s ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I purchased a Moncler Hermine Coat ($1,695.00) online last Sunday at 4 pm. It was supposed to be a 2-day shipping. Tuesday morning rolls around, I waited patiently for the shipping information but none came. So I went onto their website for the live chat with an associate. She said there was a delay because it was being shipped out from a store instead of a warehouse. I was assured that the merchandise will be delivered by Friday. It is Thursday today and I still haven’t gotten a shipping info, so I call NM again this morning at 11 am. They tell me that the expected delivery date is 12/3!!!! I am furious and they tell me that they are sorry for the delay and will change the shipping to next-day shipping and I will have the coat by end of business day tomorrow. I checked my e-mail every hour, waiting for the shipping email, and at 3:30 pm, I log onto NM and find out that my order has been CANCELLED!!!!

I was furious and called NM and asked them how they can just cancel an order without even notifying me first. They said that this “JUST” took place and that I will be getting an email later today. There was a store that had the coat in stock, but they just found out that it wasn’t there anymore. It took them 5 days after I placed my order to figure out that they do NOT have the merchandise in stock. I don’t understand why it took them 5 days to finally decide to try to ship out my order when it was supposed to have been a 2-day shipping in the first place!!! I ordered this coat during their Black Friday promotion. I am supposed to get a $200 gift card with a qualifying order of $1,000 or more. Now I am out of a coat and my $200 gift card. All NM is saying is that they are “sorry” and there is nothing they can do. RIDICULOUS!!!! What a TERRIBLE customer service and solution for their mistake!!!! This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have ordered the item from their website and been waiting more than one month. When I asked about the item via live chat, the answer was I had to wait without expected arrival date! This is how they respond to customers. No more Neiman Marcus.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I bought 3 items. I returned 2 due to not fitting properly. Neiman Marcus only refunded one item. They did not scan my parcel properly at the processing centre. They refused to honour their mistake. I am $300 out of pocket. Never ever buy online from Neiman Marcus. They are incompetent and dishonest.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I order online daily. Almost no issues ever. I placed an order with NM on items that there was only one left. My card was authorized just fine. 3 hours later I get an email that my order was canceled because they couldn't verify my information. What in the world does that mean? No one called or tried to verify anything. Calling NM - first time I call "there is no one available to take your call. Bye" WHAT?!! Second time I call it goes to a person that sounds like a robot and barely speaks English. They ask me the same questions 5 times, "wait" "wait" "wait". 30 minutes later nothing is resolved. "I'm looking for the email you received". Seriously, tell me if it's canceled and why, it's not that hard. Email states I need to place the order again. It won't go through this time. Screw all this, I'll stick to Bloomingdales!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I recently received a catalogue for Horchow.com that featured a 30% savings on what I thought was Match Pewter. In an effort to clarify the authenticity, I visited our local NM retailer. I was told that the Horchow product was likely a lower quality and that the price advertised could not be matched in store. The associate was kind enough to call Horchow and confirmed in my presence that the products in catalogue and in store were the same quality. I was denied access to purchase in store because a ‘manager’ was convinced that his in store quality was different. I attempted to get further clarification via live chat and over a one hour period; received contradictory information about the product I intended to buy.

I was able to confirm in writing and was told the products were one in the same and indeed Match Pewter. When I attempted to purchase online, the 30% site wide discount would not apply. I referenced the exclusions online and Match was not a vendor disclosed. I called customer service and they too were perplexed. I was not able to make a purchase today. Needless to say I am disappointed, disillusioned, and no longer a consumer interested in doing business with the NM brands. I feel like their advertising was false and their customer service representatives (although courteous and professional) are set up to fail.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I ordered the Ziip device & gel duo which is well over $500. The shipping department just sent the gel, not the very expensive device. When I called customer service to ask them to send me the device, they said that they couldn't do that and that I would have to send the gel back (a hassle in and of itself). They also said that they would only refund me my money once they got the gel back and then recharge my card for the device. SO INEFFICIENT when all they had to do to solve the issue was ship my missing device. The absolute worst shipping and customer service experience. I told them I just wanted a refund and that I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes almost $300. Didn't receive my package but tracking shows delivered inside my mailbox. I called them and tells me to call back in 3 days because it is too early to file a claim. I've called them 4 times total with different information every time. It's almost been 20 days since supposedly my package was delivered and I just talked to Neiman today and they said a claim was filed last week. So what were they doing during the whole time? Everyone customer service rep is so rude on the phone! All they say is WAIT. OK, what am I supposed to be waiting for?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I placed an online order and paid with my credit card with no problems. Or so I thought. I then received an email from NM stating my credit card did not go through. I immediately called NM and verified my cc info and it was the same as what I have on my cc. I then turned around and called my cc company and verified I had placed the order with NM and it was approved again. I kept getting emails from NM stating payment was not going through.

I finally got a call from a 1800 number from some person stating she had to again verify my address and cc number. Of course I did not give it to her since I could not identify where the call was coming from. So in the end my order was canceled after numerous calls to NM and my cc company. On top of that I lost a $75 promotion coupon I had received from CouponCabin. Worst online experience ever and I shop online daily! Call to Supervisor got me nowhere but asked if I wanted to place order again! NO thank you for the hassle!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I bought a La Mer Concentrate in March 2018 but didn't use it till September. My friend wants to buy it from me so I decided to re-sell to her. My friend want to check expiration date, after I punch in code at the bottom of the packages, it shows the product was manufacture in March 2010!!! Unbelievable! In person customer service was horrible, the floor manager didn't feel any bad about this, just told me that your complaint is noted. THAT WAS IT!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I placed an order for a Tom Ford Tuxedo which keep in mind is a hefty purchase of $5000. Estimated delivery was suppose to be 2 days after the purchase, however two days after my item still said processing. So I gave customer service a call to which I was told that the billing department has to confirm my information and that I should expect a call within a day. Waiting, waiting, waiting and of course I receive no call. So I call back and I get the same exact beat around the bush answer that it will ship "soon." What does soon mean?! So to cover my grounds I order another tux from their website so I can assure that maybe 1 of the 2 will come. Next day I get an email that not only has my item not shipped, but they are trying to locate it. Seriously?

All this time and they haven't even located it yet?! I'd like to know why such a renowned company like Neiman has nonexistent inventory on their website and can't locate merchandise in their warehouse. So I give Neiman a call and of course customer service is very unhelpful. I was transferred to the highest manager whom told me she was going to contact the warehouse but obviously she can't get in touch with them. How ridiculous is it that. I am so fed up with their service and will never buy from them again. No one should make the same mistake I did. The stress and anxiety that this has incurred on me is beyond words.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased a pair of women's shoes online as a present. After two weeks, I learned that the package was lost in mail. I have called Neiman for replacement or refund three times and every time I called that claimed that they are processing a refund.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Tory Burch Jelly sandals on sale for $47 down from $98 in MY size (11) Woohoo! Chose color (ivory) and went Immediately to check out. "Sorry this item is no longer available." I was disappointed, so looked for a similar pair because now I really wanted them. It's hard to find a stylish pair of ivory/white sandals. So I found what looked nearly identical advertised as leather for the $98 price. I'll pay that for leather. Guess what? I received the exact pair of JELLY (plastic) sandals I wanted in the first place. For $98. I have emailed SIX times with detailed photos of the item, the style number, TB website info, etc. These people refuse to admit fault or refund the difference in price. At this point it's just the principle that counts. Feels like classic bait-and-switch. I will never shop at Neiman Marcus again. But I will be going into a location near me to straighten this out!

Original review: July 22, 2018

Nothing is sadder in the world of retail than seeing the iconic store go down to the level of any local five and dime store (do they still have those)? Neiman's used to be the epitome of customer service excellence, and I felt privileged shopping there. Now, it's anything but. The music is loud and blaring of rap music as if at a local bar, the service reps cannot be bothered with anything other than their own agenda, and the merchandise is inconsistent. It isn't totally their fault; the best of the best have all taken a nosedive. Talbots, another fave, has also morphed into the cheap zone, and even Chanel is unrecognizable. So, for this great disappointment of being a loyal customer for 35 years, I have closed my account and will shop online directly from the manufacturers when I need something. This Boomer Girl is sad to see a good thing end, though enough is enough for this Dallasite.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have to get really mad to posts reviews and Neiman Marcus has infuriated me. I purchased an expensive Valentino bag online and then a friend told me that the bag is 60% off at Saks and Barneys and 4 other retail stores. Since I placed the order already I would assume with all the money I spend at Neiman's and I'm a good customer they would price match because they say they will. Saks and Barneys and Harrods had a couple of bags left. I emailed Neiman Marcus the link but by the time almost 2 days later they reviewed it the bags were all sold out. The same exact bag. They are claiming they can't price match unless it's in stock. I would have bought the bag yesterday or the day before somewhere else. They have proof of the bag being 60% off at more than 4 competitor stores. They are selling this bag and tins of other full price.

This is disgusting and the fact that they won't price match is horrific since they were in stock when I originally contacted them. Their customer service is horrible. No wonder the stores look like they are going to **. Maybe they are going bankrupt. They are ripping off customers left and right. I will NEVER shop here again. I have worked in retail as a manager and this is appalling.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I had purchase a pair last 7/2017 online. I started to wear the shoes this year, Chloe shoes had lace started to tear apart cost me 142$ on sale, and Isabel Marant Jaeryn studded 360$ on sale shoe unable to snap, I told them I went to shoe repair stores they were not able to fix them. I called the designer's customer services, they told me the would not able to fix because I did not purchase from them, it had to be address by Neiman Marcus. I called Neiman just to have those repairs not return however they told they not be able to return and not even fix because it almost a year, buyer be aware of my experience.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Just really tired of Neiman Marcus and their processes altogether. I have so many complaints. For one, after having their in store credit card for over 3 YEARS and with nothing but on time payments, I requested a credit limit increase. I requested 2 maybe 3 on each card that I own with them. There was a credit increase that took place without my knowledge and when I tried to place a final limit increase on a card it was increased all the way to $17k, which I ABSOLUTELY did NOT request an amount that high and asinine. My card was IMMEDIATELY placed on hold and I was banned from making any purchases until I sent proof of income. I explained to the guy who was in charge of my audit several times, that I NEVER requested an increase that high, and I even requested a limit decrease. Nothing was ever resolved and now I am banned from making purchases with my card after 3 YEARS of little to no missed payments.

The customer service is also a nightmare. Each time you speak with a representative, they each give you a different story. No one is ever on the same page. When I place store orders online, they are cancelled without my knowledge and no explanation is ever given until I call up customer service EXTREMELY IRATE. All they care about is making money, and do not care about their customers. I am done with Neiman Marcus after all this treatment.

Original review: May 5, 2018

On time delivery, great customer service reps. Items were the same as shown and was in very good condition. Great prices also, my return and inquiries was met with quick response. I would recommend Neiman Marcus to friends & family.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I will never purchase another item from Neiman Marcus. I ordered a custom envelope engraver and it came to my house with the incorrect capitalization of my last name. I was annoyed but understood that mistakes happen so I called customer service. After more than 20 minutes on the phone, I was told a new item would be shipped with the correct last name. Today the replacement arrived with the EXACT SAME MISTAKE! After another lengthy call, I was told I would receive a refund once FedEx could pick the item up, which would not be for several days. Then as if I wasn't angry enough, the "supervisor" asked me if I wanted to keep the item for 50% off!? Seriously? Why would I want to keep an item with my last name incorrect? I'm going to send out envelopes and let people think I don't know my own last name!? It was incredibly insulting.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I had a question regarding my statement and had to call customer service. I went thru only 2 prompts to get to a "human" which is very nice in this techno age. The young lady I spoke to was more than happy to answer all of my questions. She asked if I was happy with all of my purchases and if I had received the correct sizes. She rectified my account and I was finished. I was on the phone no more than 8 minutes!

Original review: March 21, 2018

It seems they have a tendency to cancel orders without informing the client that they are doing so. Of course their issue which was never a problem with Luisaviaroma.com or ssense.com would have been resolved instantly. Of course I lost the item and now I will never do business with Neiman Marcus again.

Neiman Marcus Company Information