Michaels Stores, Inc

michaels.com

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was in the Olive Branch, MS store on 11/25/16 (Black Friday); the manager on duty was Tricia **. I was shopping for favor boxes for an event. I noticed a 50% off sign on the wedding aisle for the gift boxes. At checkout it was not in the system as a sale item. My friend and I explained the signage; the cashier asked for a price check & asked for a manager. While waiting I asked my friend to go & take a picture of the sign. When she went to that aisle, the salesperson said that the sign should not have been there, so she removed it. Needless to say we didn't get the picture of the sign.

My friend came to the register & explained what had occurred. Meanwhile, Tricia (manager) comes to the register. She was not accommodating, considerate, or pleasant (she was not nasty), firm. She continued to dispute the existence of the signage, stating that those boxes hadn't been on sale for a couple of months. To avoid making a scene, I asked for her name & politely said I would contact the corporate office. My argument is as a customer I should have been given the sale price because it was posted at the time of my shopping. I didn't post the sign, so as a Michael's manager she should have taken responsibility of her employee's mistakes & honored the signage.

I chose to have that item removed from my purchase. It's unfortunate a customer has to consider taking pictures of sale signs to ensure their discount. As a matter of fact I went to another retailer the next day and the same thing happened, but of course with different results. When the cashier asked an associate to check for signage, she returned & stated, "The sign was there, but it should not have been. It was supposed to have been for yesterday." The experienced cashier told the co-worker to remove the sign & she honored to discount for that item. That's what should have happened at Michael's. Could this have been discrimination... who knows.

Went into Michael's on 11/23 for a specific item. Found it, it did not have a sale tag on the product or on the marker on the shelf. The price on the marker was their normal white with black type price marker for $19.99. I got to check out, presented my 40% off coupon and was told the item was on sale and I couldn't use the coupon.

I told the cashier there was no sale advertised on the item or at the POS where the item was located. She insisted it was on sale. Not surprisingly the item rang up at full price. After running around town looking for this particular item I figured it was not worth the hassle so I purchased it and just left. When I got home the item was a piece of garbage anyway. Found a better yet cheaper item online and ordered it. Today I returned the original item to Michael's while my daughter purchased some craft supplies. They were not on sale but I was told the coupon was not valid towards them as well. I'm DONE shopping at Michael's. I will drive the extra distance to shop at Jo-Ann's.

First ONLINE order through Michaels. I was unhappy with quality of the product (photo storage box clips were flimsy and would not lock appropriately). Once I decided to return the items, I had to call and request return labels (labels were sent via email approximately 2-3 days AFTER the initial phone call). Once I had received that labels via email and packaged the return, I sent them out that same day (October 24th). By November 7th I had still not received a refund. After MULTIPLE calls with their customer care no one was able to give me a definite answer on the status of my return. I was told that when my return was approved I would be receiving an email.

Finally, on November 14th, I spoke with a representative who told me that per their database, my return had been received October 28th and that my refund must have been a result of "miscommunication". He "assured me" that he had submitted the request for the return and that I should see a refund to my account within the next 4-8 business days. I HOPE I DO receive my refund. I will NOT be ordering from Michaels again. I will continue to shop at competing stores (Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, and Amazon) whose customer service and return policy is much more efficient and customer friendly.

Last two times I have gone to Michaels in Palm Harbor, Fl, the service has been terrible. Cashier was very rude and didn't want to answer any questions. Didn't ask for my Michael account. I will not ever shop there again like many people I know.

What is the purpose to provide coupons if almost everything you can not use the coupon on? I have spent money in the store many times, but today I tried to use the 25% off entire order. After the total I asked why is it so much. Seems almost everything I picked up was exempt from the coupon. They make the print so small you can't read it. I told the salesperson if I had known I would not have bought most of it. This is a rip off to all. I will go somewhere else for my crafting needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?

Was in Michael's on 53rd Street in Davenport Iowa an hour ago. There was ONE checkout person and about 12 people in line. She called for assistance. An worker was pushing carts around up front but did nothing to help. Then another older gal came up front, talked to the first gal then left. About 15 minutes later the second gal came back. The woman in front of me who had a cart FULL asked her if she was going to open up. She got really snippy and said "Yes I am, and don't get mad at me. I was helping someone else".

Then she motioned to the people BEHIND us to come over to her lane. The gal in front of me and I both pushed our carts up to the front in total disbelief that she had just spoken to us like that. We left our carts at the front...and let them know that we would NOT be shopping there again! Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's crafts will get our business from now on. Too bad, you have good prices and great selection, but HORRIBLE customer service!!!

On September 28, 2016 at approximately 7:30 p.m. at the Michaels located at 2740 Midway Drive in San Diego, CA, I presented my purchases (a planner priced at $29.99 and two planner accessories, each priced at $4.99), together with a 50% off coupon, to the young man at the register wearing the name tag **. I confirmed with ** that the accessories were buy one, get one 50% off.

** proceeded to ring me up for a total of $37.77 (?). When I asked him why it was $37, he replied, “What do you mean?” I pointed out the cost of each item and that with the application of the 50% coupon; it should be $24 - $25. ** reviewed the register screen and declared the coupon was not working. He checked and evidently the coupon was only reducing the planner by $5 rather than the entitled $15. I waited for him to offer resolution, but instead he again declared “the coupon wasn’t working.” I told him (unnecessarily I might add) that I wanted the full discount of $15 to which he kind of just stood there not knowing what to do or say other than repeat that the coupon wasn’t working. I can only assume that he felt this was a legitimate reason to deny me the discount and beyond his control.

Rather than seeing the customer’s point of view or getting his manager, ** could only defend the denial of my discount by repeating “the coupon wasn’t working.” His attitude conveyed irritation at the inconvenience of my request, rather than empathy over the failed transaction. Knowing I wasn’t simply going to allow his excuse that “the coupon wasn’t working” as a reason to deny my full discount, ** said that he would give me 30% off of the entire transaction. When he gave me the new total, I asked him if that was a better deal than the 50% off of the planner. He wasn’t sure, but I did the math and knew it was not. Again, I repeated that I wanted the correct discount. In exasperation he said he would have to cancel the transaction and re-ring (hardly a monumental task as there were only THREE items). I nodded and said, “Okay.”

Clearly ** was unhappy about the situation particularly as the line was growing ever longer. He called the manager over to explain the problem to which she canceled my transaction and the items were re-rung. Again, the coupon did not register the proper discount. The manager checked the validity of the coupon, canceled the transaction once more and items were re-rung. I’m not sure of the number of times this had to be done in total, but the manager ended up overriding the total despite ** comment “then we’ll have to discount the item,” as if doing so would be such a bothersome task.

Needless to say this whole transaction left me with a sour impression of the Michaels’ staff. During the process I frankly could not help but wonder if my requests to have my coupon honored was being ignored because of the fact I am a senior and a female minority – that this young ** man felt he could get away with what was essentially cheating me as the stereotype of my race is one of passivity and I would not resist. I am still bothered that ** felt it was acceptable for me (or anyone else for that matter) to pay $10 more on a transaction than was actually owed; proper resolution only happened because I remained resolute in my request. I commented to him when I left that $37 was a big difference from the $24 I paid. I welcome and invite the district managers of Michaels to review the store tapes and let them form their own opinion as to the lack of customer service, support and care.

Overnight took 6 nights. I paid extra for overnight to get everything in time for my son's birthday. The box arrived 5 days after guaranteed and they were not apologetic.

Today, I spent 64.00 in the Michaels Store located on University Drive which most of my products was of floral located beside the counter where a woman was putting together wreaths. When I got them home and started to put my daughter's wreath together, the floral literally disintegrated in my hands. I tried to place several of the pieces on the grapevine wreaths that I also reluctantly bought, (and there's a story there too) the results are awful. I have created wreaths for twenty years and never in my entire experience have I came across such a poor quality of product.

Your prices are way too high for what you are selling. My disappointment is overwhelming and I have to spend much more to be able to finish her gift. If asked, I will not recommend your store. As for the grapevine wreaths, there was none of the medium size to be found. The woman explained that they were using all of them to create wreaths for your store and selling them. I looked at your finished product and your prices are also a disgrace to any consumer. $39.00 - $49.00 for a wreath that is just wrapped in burlap ribbon with a bow. Shame!

Worst retail experience ever! More than once I've had a bad experience with this company. They don't honour their coupons and if they do, they get it wrong. I have to return to the store to sort out the mess. And even then they are not that willing to make it right. They advertise products are on sale, but are not. Give a coupon for any regular price item, only to find out at cash it's on sale, with no other visible signs on the shelf that it's on sale. One particular cashier (and I always seem to get her) is rude, wouldn't smile to save her life and mostly unpleasant to deal with - especially when you want to return an item. I will never shop at Michael's again. I am fed up with the monopoly they run, prices are exorbitant, classes are cheap only kids would want to take them. I am so done with this store.

The closet Michaels Stores is almost 40 miles away from where I live. I am constantly giving this store my money because I am a crafty person, but today I called the corporate office to see if the store can donate one reef and one floral arrangement to a title one school. The lady told me no because they already had two organizations that they give to. I could see if I was asking for a lot, but all I was asking for was One reef and one floral arrangement to go into the front office of a inner city school. It would not have hurt them and it could have been a tax write-off. Some schools are not fortunate to have things like that because they just do have their needs covered. I am totally floored that the store acted as though they would have lost a lot by doing a nice gesture.

Good customer service is necessary and this was the worst I've had in a while. I bought two frames last week and I tried to buy another today but the price was twice as much per one frame. There was no information last week that the frame was on sale for any reason and my confirmation email reflects that. I contacted customer service chat and she told me, "Too bad." I told her I would need to return the two frames I already own because I needed four of the same (I didn't realize I needed four when I first bought). She ignored that request and ended the chat instead. Her name was Karen **.

I then spoke to someone on the phone who told me it was 2 for the price of 1. When I told her that was not on the site when I purchased nor was it on my confirmation email, she also essentially said, "Too bad." There is no reason I would buy from this company over one like Amazon or Wayfair who will do anything to make their customers happy. I gave Michaels a chance and I highly regret it.

The last time I was at the Michaels in Oakwood plaza the framer I was working with needed to go to the front of the store to help with a problem. I was not in any hurry and loved working with this particular very professional framer. While waiting the Mgr of framing came over and asked why I was waiting. I explained what was happening and his remark to me was "THE JEWS WHO RUN THIS PLACE MAKE US DO TOO MUCH WORK BESIDES WHAT WE DO IN FRAMING." My jaw dropped to the floor as I had worked many times with him and never knew he was so anti-Semitic and reminded him that I am Jewish and his reply was "YEAH... SO?"

After I picked up my jaw from the floor I could not believe what just happened but in a daze I just gathered up the 20 or so pieces I was about to have framed (many dollars worth) and when asked by the framer (she had just come back to me) what happened my only thought at that time was "You will never see me in Michaels again" and I left.

I made a complaint online and was called very quickly called by the District Mgr. who apologized and told me he would investigate the next morning, first thing. He did call me back and said I would be getting a letter for such poor customer service and he was including a 50 gift card. Anti-Semitism is not poor customer service. I then tried to contact Chuck Rubin CEO of Michaels and spoke with Carolyn his secretary who also apologized. To make a long story short, Chuck Rubin, CEO called me (I can only assume it was him as I have read he has a heavy Bostonian accent and the guy talking to me did not) and told me that a thorough investigation took place and his long-time employee denied that he ever said what I said he did... guess that makes me a liar, I said to him and he told me to not put words in his mouth. If the employee admitted to making the comment I am sure he would have or should have been terminated.

A call from his Jewish Attorney who also said he reportedly did not make the anti-Semitic remark and she hoped I would continue shopping at Michaels. I told her I would not as long as he was in that store and she asked me if there was another Michaels nearby that I could shop in and I told her to move him to another store so I would not be the one inconvenienced. What a joke. I did tell Chuck Rubin and his attorney that I would stand outside their store with a sign "Jews are not welcome at Michaels"... and I did. I also sent a copy of my complaint to The Blackstone Group, Bain Capital (Mitt Romney) and Highfields Capital. These are the companies that back Michaels. The $50 gift card sent to try to keep my mouth shut will never be used. I would highly recommend any Jewish customers not shop at Michaels because they obviously just DO NOT CARE who their employees insult.

Michaels in Dothan, AL is slightly over a 30-minute drive for me one way. Something is wrong with their online website so I cannot book the classes online nor can I book them over the phone because they do not make over the phone reservations for their classes. I make the drive to have the experience the classes offer with my stepdaughter. We have signed up for 4 in-store art classes and all 4 got cancelled. I shop at Michaels at least once a month. I will not ever again nor sign up for one of their classes. They get the luxury of leaving a call on my voice mail and I get the look of disappointment on her face because of their incompetence to follow thru with a scheduled well in advance that we post on our refrigerator event(s).

Michaels store on 66th Street and Nicollet in Richfield, MN. This is a convenient store for me, it comes to mind first when I need craft items. I visit maybe four times a year. There is always a line waiting for check out, and always four or five people ahead of me and never moves quickly. I see this at every visit. Yesterday I needed a sheet of styrofoam to do a project with my grandson so I stopped at the store. I was glad to spot it right away, searching is usually an issue. A plastic wrapped sheet of styrofoam about 12" by 18". It was priced $6.99 which I thought was way overpriced but I was in a hurry. Finally get through the checkout and open it at home. My first thought was, "What kind of ultra cheap styrofoam is this?" Tiny granules coming off all sides of the sheet, a huge mess. I vowed to myself to never enter that store again.

On 03/18/16 I visited Michaels #5715, 5106 Northern, NY. I purchased the American Flag (3x5) on regular price $19.99. The cashier charged me $24.99 plus tax. When I started to dispute it the salesperson got very agitated and begun to repeat, if I want it or not (for $24.99)? I brought the label with the price and item description on it and called for supervisor (**). I had the weekly coupon (50% off) and senior discount (10%). I am constant purchaser in this store but no cashier before NEVER told me that I can use 10% senior discount (I am 70 and look like it). My friend told me about this discount, so first time when I used it in Michaels.

So I presented my 50% off coupon, so they started to argue that $19.99 flag was on sale if it not $24.99. This flag was on display on the wall in 4 places and everywhere it was normal regular price. So manager ** agreed on 50% off coupon and I told about 10% senior discount. ** told me: "NO!! If you use discount coupon, there no senior discount!!!" I presented him with Michaels own ad. It says - "If you are age 65 years or older, take 10% off your entire purchase every day, including regular and sale price merchandise. Simply present a valid ID at the register". I am 70 years old. So 50% off plus 10% off gives 60% off the entire purchase. They say - "NO!!!" At last lady by the name ** started to handle me - in her calculations 60% off from $19.99 was not $8.00 plus tax which I should pay but $12.00 plus tax.

When I tried to explain to her that 60% off from the ticket price should leave me to pay only 40% of the item price - all of them (**, supervisor ** and other man who come for coworkers' support) told to me - "NO!!!" At last - after multiple manipulations with the cash register they made me to pay $10 as excuse for my **, telling to me that I took 30 min of their time and created big line. Not exactly bad workers and humans but not good for sure.

I am an avid craftier and artist and I shop at Michaels at least twice a week, and yes I use the coupons that is why they e-mail them to me, so I use them. The Michaels on 66th in St. Petersburg Florida is my home store and they have 2 cashiers that I always have the luck of getting that are just downright rude to me. They do not speak. One took one of my coupons and threw it away. When I asked why she said "you have the wrong kind of paint." I assured her it was the right kind of paint for the 40% off coupon and she became very disgruntled. Well the coupon worked. They are so rude that I dread going in there and will just start buying my supplies online from Dick Blick. I would rather wait a few days, and pay a bit more to not have to deal with the mean girls at the St. Petersburg Michaels.

Michaels has the most inconvenient website and very poor inventory in Manalapan, NJ store with very non-compatible prices.

This store at Norgate, San Rafael closes at 9pm. I called at 8:50pm and made my inquiry. The lady put me on hold and eventually it was disconnected. I arrived at their shop three minutes before 9pm and the doors are locked. The staff inside do not care. This is the second unhappy incidents with Michaels. Both were caused by younger staff in which one has a short term focus (cares too much about letting a customer in minutes before they close) and the other is inexperienced. People at Jo Ann are very nice. They may be older but they have proper manners. It is closer to me in southern Marin.

I brought a canvas to Michaels to see about getting it stretched on a canvas. Coupons don't work for canvas stretching. Okay. $180 and change for supplies and labor. I have gotten a few other quotes for the exact same job, $45! What makes their canvas stretching so much better that it would be 4 times the price to have the canvas stretched? Skip Michaels for frames or canvas stretching and price quote somewhere else!

Entered the store to return 3 of the same item but without a receipt. I shop Michaels at least once a week but most weeks more. The cashier started to ring the items to return and they came up 1.39, the items are marked $20.00. I asked her why they were $1.39 and she said since I did not have a receipt, it came up with the lowest previous sale price! I told her I highly doubt that these items were ever $1.39. It is part of their own company Recollections organizing items.

I just wanted to exchange them for other items. But she said that was the price. I informed her I would sell them on eBay and I would now be shopping at AC Moore and Hobby Lobby. They are a little further to drive but I am willing to do that. She said "OK that is fine." OK??? You are losing a steady customer and that is OK??? I am done with Michaels. Hobby Lobby you have just received a new shopper!

I was entering an art show and I told the sales clerk that I needed it to have a wire hanger to meet the qualifications and that I was experiencing a migraine headache and really could not think clearly and I was under a deadline. I told the sales clerk I would trust their judgment because I had worked with them several times in the past and was happy with the results. She showed me a frame and then we started looking at mats and I was not really thinking about the frame. I paint in acrylics and don't like glass over the paintings which I had discussed with them before. Well I let them pick things out and I was just happy that they could meet my deadline but I really did not like what they had done, but did not really have the full capacity to make a quality judgment, I am not a rookie at this but just impaired by migraines.

I pick up the painting and was in a hurry and I look and there is no wire attached, then I was told "Oh I told you there was no way to put a wire hanger on that frame." Shocked, why would I buy a frame if I could not use it? I was told "Maybe there is some way you can attach a wire hanger to the frame," but I am thinking I would not have agreed to that, I would have chosen a different frame to begin with, I had a deadline. Then I took it into my art class to get some feedback. What a disaster, I was humiliated.

First my friend notices it is a square frame with a rectangular painting and the matting really takes a lot away from the painting. Hello! Bad advice. Not only does it have a mat and glass, it has three colors of mats on a 8" x 6" painting. The show was an Impressionist Miniatures Exhibit and there was specific size requirements, three mats was a disaster, the colors were atrocious, the more I looked at it I just cried, not to mention I spent a lot of money on it. Lucky for me the people in my art class told me to call the guy that does their framing to see if he can help me. I left class, ran down to his studio and in less than 30 minutes my painting was in a beautiful frame with no mat and not glass, and I paid less than $40. I entered it and it was selected for the show.

I am on disability and was having a very bad time with my migraines and health and did not get a chance to go back into Michaels to see if there was anything I could do. I have been a very good customer and spent a lot of money on framing in that store so I thought they would try to do something. I have worked retail most of my life and know how important customer service is. What a shock, Michaels has no customer service. I was treated so rudely I could not believe it, I was told "We told you that there was no way to put a wire hanger on that frame". They did not even offer to let me have another painting replaced in the frame at a discount or any alternatives, just "No, there is nothing we can do."

I will never shop at that store again and will do my best to tell everyone I know not to shop there. They do not understand the power that one unhappy customer can do. I tell ten people, they tell ten people. I will do my best to let people know they just want your money and do not have qualified people working in the framing department. In today's world you can't afford to lose good customers in any business and they just lost me. I am a retired marketing teacher and understand how the retail business really works and I will do my best to let others know how I was treated. There is always something you can do, just don't do that. They need some real training in customer service. That is why I loved working at Nordstrom's. They would always make the customer happy.

I recently bought 4 picture frames to bring home to my husband so he could pick one out to use. He did and I took the other three back for a return. However, I only got the "return value" listed on the receipt which was more than 20% of the original price. Is this something new, not getting full purchase price on unused return merchandise? I looked on their website and their advertised return policy says nothing about this lower than purchase price "return value". Seems very deceptive to me. If there was a list of things which you could not get full return value on, I could read that and remember never to buy those things from them, but there's nothing and there is no way of knowing until you've purchased the item and then it's too late. So I won't be buying anything at Michaels ever again. You got me once Michaels. You won't get me again!

I attempted to return an easel on 12/29 that I received for Christmas. I was given 59.00 credit for an item bought one week prior at 179.00, and on the shelf day of the return for 199.00. I asked for the manager who was insultingly dismissive, and then threatening. The easel had not even been out of the box!!! I am generally a calm person and known for being very good at handling difficult situations, but something about this manager's attitude SET ME OFF, not to mention being incensed at bringing back an item and receiving so little for it, I could not even replace it with the far lesser item I wanted instead due only to size.

Well I ended up walking out of the store with my useless easel which I will sell on eBay and none of the items I would have bought. I have been banned from the store (not that I would ever, ever shop there again, I have heard Hobby Lobby is much better, but am usually a loyal customer) and at 57 I have to only think that's kind of funny. I think I have hit that age where I just cannot take being treated like as a customer I don't matter. Hobby Lobby if needed, but Amazon will be my go to for art supplies from now on!!

My wife had a 70% off coupon, had 4 prints matted and framed, and the final price, over $1,000...after the 70% off coupon. Does something smell funny? This means at "regular price" she would have paid nearly $3,500. Yep, smells funny to me. Buyer beware (and ask for pricing estimates before spending 2 hours with the manager, who has quotas to meet on selling glass, matting and frames). Also, you can get same-day refund on a custom framing order, which we did. Only good part of this sad, deceptive practice story. I'll take my business elsewhere for an honest quote.

Around Columbus Day there was sale on beads at 40% certain strands advertised in their flyer and online. When I went into the Hadley, Mass. store there was a paper sign posted in the bead section saying that instead the beads were 4 for $10. I did the math on the spot and found this created an increase in the selling price. I found a salesperson and asked her for confirmation and demanded that I get the advertised price. She found the manager somewhere and got the okay and she said to find her when I checked out. They never removed the sign. I walked around the store and found the manager myself but he refused to talk to me or even look at me.

Incidentally, this happened the previous year at the same time - it is foliage season up here with a lot of shoppers and tourists around, so it seems they like to squeeze a little more out of people who are not paying attention. Shame on you, Michaels! Today on Thanksgiving I tried to use another coupon online - forget it! Seems that nothing I had in my cart "qualified." I've so had it with this store.

I am a lover of crafting and have a personal side business making chocolate sweets and some baked goods, so I visit Michael's more often than I'd like to. On a recent visit to my local Michael's store, which I happen to favor, I received great assistance and advice for project materials I was in need of for my son's project. However, I had also been there to inquire about information for a crafty birthday party for my twin daughters who are turning 13 and also love crafting. The information provided was ideal and I was both excited and eager to book and host their birthday party here.

Much to my surprise however, the helpful young lady informed me that after consulting with management, they would not be able to accommodate me nor book the birthday party due to the "holiday season". This was both extremely disturbing and upsetting to me as I will have to search for an alternate location and My twins wont be having the party at the location they requested. I can't seem to understand how or why the accommodations can not be made. Isn't this a major craft store? Do people not have birthdays because it's the holiday season?!? Perhaps my loyalty and business lies in the wrong hands. I'm sure my local baking and confectioner stores will appreciate my business much more!!!

I finally decided to end my Michaels habit..... of being ripped off. I have shopped Michaels for the last 10 years or so as I am an avid crafter and they always seemed to have good advertised sales and coupons; however, the last 4 or 5 years of shopping there have been extremely frustrating. The problems: 1) SALE PRICES: The posted sale prices on the shelf or tag are not reflected accurately at the checkout register more often than not, so you end up paying full price. I have to now double check with an employee (when you can find one) to make sure the item really is on sale, or absent that, pay attention to the register as the items are being rung up AND check your receipt afterwards. 2) COUPONS: False advertising ----- on my last purchase I used a 25% Off ALL ITEMS INCLUDING SALE and when I got to the register it didn't turn out that way.

I was so busy chit chatting with the super nice clerk that I wasn't paying attention to the register screen. After I paid for the items and walked out to my car I thought to myself that the total on my receipt was not the same as the total I calculated in my head as I was selecting and placing my items in the basket. And these were NOT excluded items as mentioned in the coupon fine print, nor were they clearance items. The coupon only applied to $10 worth of merchandise out of a total of $40. I was so angry, instead of going back inside to get it corrected like I ALWAYS do, I decided I am done with MICHAELS. I shouldn't have to walk into a store and expect that I am going to get ripped off. Hobby Lobby just moved into town, it is a little further away, but I am going to give them a try as my new Go To craft supply store. Until you fix your business practices, bye bye Michaels.

I had 2 coupons and Mr. Manager was very rude about the possibility of me using both coupons. He embarrassed me at the checkout with many people around and told me I couldn't use two coupons "just like if a policeman pulled me over". I stopped him there and told him he couldn't compare himself and Michaels to law enforcement, really how embarrassing for Michaels to have this man on the loose with customers? By the way, he stepped up to the women in front of me, too. He is playing "coupon" guard. I will never go to a Michaels again and I am an avid crafter, sorry!! Store #2770. 4745 Commercial Dr. New Hartford NY 13413

Hope to hear from you. I'm not expecting much from you.

Michaels- McHenry, IL -- I purchased a teardrop swag floral arrangement for the fall and put it up in my hallway. After several days of walking past it, I decided I didn't like it. I went back to the store with my receipt but I had removed the price tag from the arrangement. The 1st associate said no problem, I could return the arrangement without the price tag, but she couldn't get the register to accept the sku number that was on the receipt. She called over her manager, who had the same problem. The store manager finally came out and tried to enter the sku number unsuccessfully as well. At that point she told me she couldn't take it back because I had taken the price tag off, even though I had my store receipt. If this was the policy, they should have told me that in the first place rather than try unsuccessfully to enter the sku number. I will never shop at Michael's in McHenry again, and I am an avid shopper.

Michaels Stores, Inc Company Profile