michaels.com

4.0/5 (398 ratings)

About Michaels Stores, Inc

Michaels Stores, Inc Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I went to a great deal of expense to have professional photos taken of my entire family while in Florida for vacation. The photos were the only goal of the vacation. My husband and I paid for all travel, lodging and food for the trip. Additionally, we had the charge for the professional photographer and the charge for printing the photos. I had envisioned a gallery wall of 11 x 14 photographs...all lined up perfectly. Without a doubt, I made my vision known to the folks at Michaels. I used Michaels because they guaranteed I would be pleased.

I took 12 photos to Michael's in Greenwood, IN at the same time at the first of November, 2021. This review is being written in the third week of January...I just picked up the last frame this week. The delay wasn't supply chain issues. Silver metal frames were scratched the first and second time I attempted to pick up, glass was not cleaned on the photo side, string matting was not going the same way for 9 frames. Finally got everything in place and went to hang the photos...There are no two frames that are the same size. No way can these frames be used as I had envisioned. Unfortunately, I bit on the promise of a low price...Do yourself a favor and use a local professional framer. I've heard it my entire life...You get exactly what you pay for...I paid for trash and that is what I have received.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

On 11/30/2021 I ordered a Christmas tree online for my daughter's 1st apartment. I seen it started processing and waiting for a label to be created on 12/01. Today is 12/10/1021. I've called customer service on 12/3/21 as I seen on Michaels website it states it had been sitting waiting for the label since 12/1. I've now reached out to customer service on 12/3, 12/6,12/8 and 12/10. I've been told that she would receive it 12/10. Then today I was told she won't receive it, till most likely 12/16. Ok so the week before Christmas she gets to put a tree up lmao.

At this point I wished I would have went into a store and purchased a tree then drove 3 hours to her house to deliver it. This company's customer service has no clue what they are doing and tell you something different each time you reach out to ask questions. I will never again buy anything online from this company ever again. Thanks for ruining my surprise for my daughter getting a Xmas tree at her new house before Xmas.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I ordered a Cricut Maker online on Cyber Monday and had it delivered. Box looked great. I took out the machine and it was clearly used! Scuff marks, ink marks...and no power adapter! I went in the store (before I opened the box) to get additional parts for the machine. All of the employees were huddled around while customers just stood there wondering what was going on and the manager comes out....eating a bagel. Selling a used and damaged machine and calling it new is despicable.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Even with the Cyber Monday deals, Michaels overcharges by so much it is ridiculous. I can buy 1 bottle of dye at a few places that are $2 while Michaels charges $7 for the same thing! All the dye is way overpriced! The deals I got today are still half the price of what Michaels is charging with their "sale". I don't like companies that do not care about the customers and only $$ is important to them. Will never buy from this company.

Resolution response: Dec. 6, 2021

Update: I received the merchandise today, that I had originally bought. I still would not recommend this company as their customer service chain of command is ridiculous. Their shipping department is a nightmare. Their policies are terrible customer service. When they mess up they try to make you go out of your way and spend your time and money to make it right.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I was shipped not one but three incorrect items. The item numbers on my packing slip showed the correct items and item numbers but what I received was not that. Instead of the 6 ft. pine and eucalyptus garland (no glitter or fake snow because I hate that stuff. I want a natural look) I get a very cheap looking snowy balsam garland that I would have never purchased. I get two acrylic paints that do not match what I ordered / what was on the packing slip and I can’t use! I’ve spent hours on the phone with several c.s reps.

The first told me he would ship out the correct items and that I can throw away or donate items. Great. So I threw them out. I get an email the next day stating I will receive my “correct items” once I return all items to a store or use my gas money to drive to a UPS drop off location. It was not my mistake so why do I have to waste my time and money to make it right? Because Michaels does not care about my time or money. They don’t care about ensuring shipments are correct. They don’t care about you having to jump through hoops to talk to someone to make it right.

I finally spoke to Karen R., yesterday who assured me that items will be sent out and I don’t have to go dumpster diving for the items to return since Marco told me to donate or toss. However, I still have no email or any confirmation that I’m actually getting these items resent. I go onto my Michaels account and still only see the initial order was delivered. I have no way of tracking the items because she gave me no tracking info for the new shipments. Last year around the same time I had another bad experience with this store, never receiving my order. I spent hours on the phone trying to either get my items or my money back. This corporation is crooked.

They keep your money and items. They don’t care about customers at all. I will not be shipping here. Hobby Lobby here I come with money to spend. I will be sure to be as loud as possible on all social media and to all my friends and family to let them know to steer clear of this horrible company. I want my money or items and to never deal with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I am absolutely appalled at the customer service from Michaels online. I ordered a Christmas Tree two weeks ago and the order hadn't moved - I contacted them today to see what was going on and they told me that they could reship it but that I would have to wait another 3 days for processing and approximately another 6-9 for shipment so another 2 weeks with all of the holiday mail delays. No thank you. I then asked them to cancel the order because it hadn't even charged my account yet (per their shipping policy, it doesn't charge until its shipped) which tells me it hadn't shipped, and they refused and that they can only cancel an order for the first hour after its placed. They told me I needed to wait until the processing time is fully over and then they could see what they could do. TERRIBLE service.

I've been in this industry for 20 years and KNOW that there are other options other than waiting it out for it to charge my account, ship the tree I no longer want, and then go through the entire returning/refusing process. This entire ordering process has been nothing but a pain. IF you're going to make the decision to purchase from Michaels, do NOT do it online. They tend to have a knack for ruining the Christmas Spirit.

Resolution response: Nov. 25, 2021

Update: On 11/23/21 I randomly received a Christmas tree and was charged for it. The tree I received had a different item number and included lights, which my original order did not. I had already set up and decorated a different tree at this point because Customer service told me not to expect my order. Extremely upset, I contacted customer service on 11/24/21 and expected them to reverse the charge immediately. This is not a new concept as I have had other retailers reverse charges in the past, when they were at fault, with the contingency that the item be sent back within “x” number of days or I would be charged again. This, however, was not something Michael’s was willing to do. Long story short, customer service accepted no accountability for their mistakes, asserted I must return the tree first, and suggested a refund would be subject to inspection of the returned item.

Customer service had me send a picture of the incorrect item, however claimed I received the correct tree when it was not. Customer service then had the audacity to accuse me of trying to steal and keep the tree for free when I was persistent in having the item refunded. Customer service dismissed my concern I would be sending back an item that did not match my order.

Based on my experience with this order, it appears Michaels does not care about customer service or experience. I was told the previous customer service agent gave me misinformation. Ultimately, I am required to send back the incorrect Christmas tree (that I was never supposed to receive to begin with) and it is unknown if I will receive a full refund. I will only shop in-store from now on. This was a horrible, time consuming experience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

So Michaels had their Christmas trees on sale online so I purchased one at a reasonable price. When I placed the order, the website indicated most orders ship in about three business days. About one week passes and my order still shows "preparing." I contacted customer service who stated they needed to get in touch with the shipping department. A few hours later I received an email indicating my tree will ship in the next day or two. Another week passes and nothing shipped. I contacted customer service again and was told the tree is now out of stock so they have nothing to ship at this point.

I inquired about a comparable tree however was bluntly told no; they can only send replacement shipments for the exact item. I was offered an apology for the "inconvenience" of never having my tree shipped and the agent stated they would be disappointed too in my situation. No solution was offered to me and I was basically told, "oh well" despite this being a shipping/processing issue on their end. I felt I was given the cold shoulder by customer service.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

It was my first time ordering online from Michaels. I purchased $219 of art supplies online and they took that amount out of my bank account that day. The following day I see they charged me $135 more! I called customer service and they told me it was a “purchase verification charge”. So they took what was owed for the order then extra after that! Makes no sense! They assured me that the extra charge will be back in my bank account in 5-7 business days. They told me it was a one time charge to make sure I had the funds for the purchase. Why charge that AFTER they already took out the full payment that was due?!! On top of that I still didn’t receive all of my order and it’s being shipped in multiple separate packages on different days. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I ordered a product online October 29 2021. It was supposed to be delivered to my granddaughter in Fairfield Ct by November 5 for her bday. It is 8 days later and it has not left the warehouse yet. I’ve made numerous calls but no one can help. Apparently no one has access to the warehouse. I’m not sure where to go from here. This has been a terrible and upsetting experience as I do a lot of shopping at Michaels. This also will also cease.

Resolution response: Oct. 16, 2021

Company finally got involved after I wrote this review. They refunded the shipping, and the package actually arrived. One problem is that the person who packed the packaged it in a way that one of items I ordered scratched up the other item I ordered. One star rating remains.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I ordered products online on 10/5. On 10/12 they still had not shipped. They didn't fail to take my money though. I tried to call customer service only to get the runaround and no real action. He at one point stated he was going to cancel my order. I said, "No you are not! You need to call your shipping company and find out why my package isn't shipping." They never bothered to contact their shipping company, nor made any attempts at any real help. Wew. We are today on the 13th and still no package. You cannot log a complaint without calling the people who didn't help you. Horrible company. Do not shop with this company.

Michaels Stores, Inc Company Information