michaels.com

4.0/5 (327 ratings)

About Michaels Stores, Inc

Michaels Stores, Inc Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?

Original review: July 23, 2022

I bought a Decoart product which was $18.00 at Michaels. I used a coupon so it cost me $16.00. When I got home I looked on Amazon to see reviews and how other were using this product. First thing I saw was Amazon was selling this product for $7.00. Same size. I hadn't opened the bottle so brought it back to Michaels. I explained to the clerk why I was returning it. She was nasty, but I got my refund. I like to shop locally when I can but when a store is ripping people off like Michaels does I will shop Amazon or other online companies.

Original review: July 16, 2022

My husband had purchased online a Circuit machine for a Anniversary gift for me, you can imagine my excitement when it arrived, tried to install it using Youtube on 3 devices (without a Manual as non in box) for hrs. Finally I called called into customer support, calmly explained my situation …1st lady I was hung up on and after 4 more calls, I given the complete run around, I called called in 5 times, each time being told a either email would be sent out immediately to return UNUSED item or told I had to contact Cricut themselves going through a series of troubleshooting with them & then if no success I needed to receive a letter from them to return NEW faulty $447.00 machine …,

I was appalled I finally emailed customer support and someone there emailed back saying she apologized and I was given wrong information and with receipt I could make the hr drive to closest Michaels to get full refund! I went and they were wonderful, so polite, I will NEVER make a online purchase from Micheals again due to this very negative experience… I’d strongly advise caution with dealing with them for anyone buying big ticket items …, & if there was a minus star, I’d of given them a minus -*10. Disgusting customer service.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2022

I placed an order June 9th for 4th of July party. I received the shipment on 2 different days 9 days apart. First box had a graduation gnome in it so when I called I was talking to someone in customer service that was in the Philippines. Had to keep repeating everything I said. She made a return and a new order. I received my uncle Sam gnome about 5-6 days later. Now remember I order early for a 4th July party. The end of June I recieved my other part of my order. It was vases and flowers... everything in that shipment was broken. NO bubble wrap on anything. Just items (breakable) put in a box and shipped... ugggg.

I called customer service again. Same thing. Someone from the Philippines. Very nice and made a return and another shipment for my items. I asked a couple times if I would have all my stuff before the the 4th, I was told yes each time. On the 3rd of July I called because I didn't get email or my package. I talked to a man this time and was told my order was canceled and that I should have received a email and a refund. No email and no refund! So the night of the 3rd I was out shopping for decoration for my party. Nothing anywhere. I was pissed beyond words. I will never order from micheals again unless I can pick up in store. This experience has soured me from their store and mostly from their online shipping. I wish I would have taken photos of all the broken stuff. Only photo I have is my uncle Sam gnome.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I bought, on the spur of the moment, a flag holder for a flag received from a funeral. The holder was too small for the flag I have. Before I took the plastic off that covered the holder, I held the flag against it and thought it would fit. The store manager and corporate customer service would do nothing about accepting the return because it was opened. I work in retail and we accept returns no matter how old or in what condition. I told customer service I planned on buying the larger holder they carry but, after this experience, I will not spend another penny at their stores.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I am building a gift and floral business and I try various combinations of items to see how they “work” together. Because items are expensive, I frequently purchase clearance or sale items in order to keep my sales prices lower when possible. Michaels has some nice things that I have bought in quantities, which never seems to annoy any of the staff. When I attempt to return items, I get harassed. In front of other customers, and staff, certain cashiers feel entitled to voice their disapproval of my purchase return. I get asked “What happened” implying failure on my part. Changed my mind is not apparently on the radar. If my seasonal craft event is over, and I have 10 rolls of ribbon leftover, I should be able to return them without being interrogated or put down.

I have also been told that if I am a rewards member, my receipt lookup will be quick and easy. That has never happened once. A manager told me she would investigate and resolve but I never heard a peep from her. Very upset about being harassed in North Greenbush, NY earlier this evening. I should not have to go into the store expecting to be harassed, questioned, put down, insulted, etc. and I should not have to drive an extra 15 miles to be treated with respect. The customer service needs some serious improvement.

Resolution response: March 28, 2022

Finally received my order 48hrs to the minute after submitting my order. I received an easy press with a note taped to the front "defective" and half the packaging was missing. By this point, I was so overwhelmed with disappointment from all the barriers, that I broke down crying. Oscar was very helpful with the exchange and compensated us the delivery fee, and gave us a discount on the defective product, and will be investigating the reason why we were even given a defective product in the first place. I still don't advise shopping online with all the issues I had, but the staff in store have always been so friendly and helpful.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I placed my order online on Saturday March 26 at 11:25am. I kept checking my email and online, orders received before 2 pm would be delivered same day. Come 845pm I called the store. They never received the order. Had to call customer service next morning at 830am to find out there was an issue with the online ordering system and it can take 24 to 48hrs. Ordered $1000 worth of product. If I would have known, I would have gone in person after work, before closing on Saturday. Finally got an update email at 740pm. Will probably be delivered Monday and I won't be home when it's delivered and I'm really quite upset I was charged for same day delivery and disappointed I won't get to play with my new crafts till Tuesday thanks to working overnight. Super frustrated. Going to be calling the office again to get a refund for same day delivery fee. This isn't OK.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Horrible experience!!! Never buy online. Customer care is terrible. I try many times buy some canvas. I never receive any email to tell they cancel their order, I call customer service. They don't know.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I went to a great deal of expense to have professional photos taken of my entire family while in Florida for vacation. The photos were the only goal of the vacation. My husband and I paid for all travel, lodging and food for the trip. Additionally, we had the charge for the professional photographer and the charge for printing the photos. I had envisioned a gallery wall of 11 x 14 photographs...all lined up perfectly. Without a doubt, I made my vision known to the folks at Michaels. I used Michaels because they guaranteed I would be pleased.

I took 12 photos to Michael's in Greenwood, IN at the same time at the first of November, 2021. This review is being written in the third week of January...I just picked up the last frame this week. The delay wasn't supply chain issues. Silver metal frames were scratched the first and second time I attempted to pick up, glass was not cleaned on the photo side, string matting was not going the same way for 9 frames. Finally got everything in place and went to hang the photos...There are no two frames that are the same size. No way can these frames be used as I had envisioned. Unfortunately, I bit on the promise of a low price...Do yourself a favor and use a local professional framer. I've heard it my entire life...You get exactly what you pay for...I paid for trash and that is what I have received.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

On 11/30/2021 I ordered a Christmas tree online for my daughter's 1st apartment. I seen it started processing and waiting for a label to be created on 12/01. Today is 12/10/1021. I've called customer service on 12/3/21 as I seen on Michaels website it states it had been sitting waiting for the label since 12/1. I've now reached out to customer service on 12/3, 12/6,12/8 and 12/10. I've been told that she would receive it 12/10. Then today I was told she won't receive it, till most likely 12/16. Ok so the week before Christmas she gets to put a tree up lmao.

At this point I wished I would have went into a store and purchased a tree then drove 3 hours to her house to deliver it. This company's customer service has no clue what they are doing and tell you something different each time you reach out to ask questions. I will never again buy anything online from this company ever again. Thanks for ruining my surprise for my daughter getting a Xmas tree at her new house before Xmas.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I ordered a Cricut Maker online on Cyber Monday and had it delivered. Box looked great. I took out the machine and it was clearly used! Scuff marks, ink marks...and no power adapter! I went in the store (before I opened the box) to get additional parts for the machine. All of the employees were huddled around while customers just stood there wondering what was going on and the manager comes out....eating a bagel. Selling a used and damaged machine and calling it new is despicable.

Michaels Stores, Inc Company Information