1.30/5
Based on 96 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Michaels Stores, Inc

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 13, 2017

98 Michaels Stores, Inc Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I will no longer use Michaels for Framing. I went back 6 months later to have an identical size painting framed and the price of the frame went up 60%. So when they say 70% off, they just increased their frame price by over 60% in 6 months!! Go to ANY local framer, I am sure you can beat Michael's prices and get the same frame. Secondly, they put numerous adders on all their frame prices, make sure you decline most of these. When I asked the salesgirl to print out my quote she said she could not print out the itemized version. You only get that AFTER you pay.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Michaels return policy is horrible. It first says you can return anything you are dissatisfied with, but then says it must be new, unopened and in original packaging. How am I supposed to know if I'm dissatisfied with paint brushes if I first do not use them? It says I would need to contact the manufacturer to return. Guess who manufacturers it? Michaels. Just money in the trash. Will not be shopping there any longer.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Historically Michaels has allowed the use of multiple coupons when applicable. The implementation of this policy drives me crazy because not all EMPLOYEES of Michaels Stores are familiar with the policy. Now suddenly, my local Michaels 57 E City Avenue, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 claims they no longer accept 2 coupons per transaction. I was floored.

For example: If I have a 40% off one regular priced coupon along with a 30% off regularly priced yarn coupon and I want to purchase 4 skeins of regularly priced yarn and a pair of regularly priced scissors, I should be able to use BOTH coupons and I use to be able to in the past. Now my local Michaels store is telling me that these 2 coupons are not permitted. WTF? I struggle going into the store to begin with because there's never enough cashiers, the store is poorly stocked with enough merchandise and the "some" of the employees are lack the basic customer service principles when dealing with customers. Michaels, please get your act together and be more consistent, PLEASE!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I feel very frustrated when I go into the Michaels store on Richmond Highway in Alexandria, Virginia. I usually go into Michaels when my daughters would like to do an art project of some kind. This evening we went into the store to purchase canvases and paint. There were at least three people with Michaels name tags on that I came across. Not one of them offered assistance when I engaged in eye contact.

When I was ready to check out, I asked the sales associate if there were any coupons? She said I would have to look them up myself. I looked up paint canvases in the size that I purchased and saw that they were on sale for 10.00, originally 19.99. When I showed them to her she said they were a different brand and made no effort to help me get or use the coupon. She made no effort to help me locate the item nor cared if I purchased anything. If I did not have my daughters with me, I would not have made the purchase at this store. This is not the first time I have tried to get help from a Michaels employee, to be told or to feel like it is too much trouble.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Letters and Decorative Boxes - Ordered products online that were in stock. Received email early in a.m. that stated three items from order were canceled - no longer available. Went online and chatted with rep this morning and found items were available so had to re-order. Rep did provide code for discounted shipping which was on original order, but had to call back after placing second order to receive the 40% off. Discount was from original order. Why state on website that items are available that are not? Seems that this all could have been resolved by their Customer Service rep with one interaction. Very inefficient process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?

Original review: July 11, 2017

Today, I went to Michael's Store #3340, San Jose, California to return some Disney foam Mickey Mouse & Princess hats because my students with special needs did not like them because of the plastic wire that goes under the chin. Two of the Mickey Mouse foam head gear had been torn where the plastic hanger attachment is. I had cut off all the tags. I have been told that Michael's does not take merchandise back for returns with the tags cut off. I had all of the tags that I had cut off. I had not been aware of this policy. I will not be shopping at Michael's again and will be informing others of this experience.

Original review: May 17, 2017

My experiences at this location are horrible. Every time I go to shop for my art supply and need help... it seems like no one can help me. They are always stuck at the registers (mornings or afternoons) and I understand that it gets busy but this store need to hired more people to work on the floor. Every time I go the line is so long. I had asked for a manager and she was stuck at the register so she couldn't help me either. I love this store but there's nooo customer service on the floor and it's annoying! Alsooo! Since there's no employees on the floor and nooo security, every time I go I see people stealing from left to right, why??? Cuz there's nooo security and of course no associates on the floor. It's just sad! I hope y'all fix this!!

Original review: May 13, 2017

Just came out of Michaels. Had a very bad experience!! They have a sale going on buy 2 get 3rd item free, I was willing to purchase 3 Wilton fondant boxes $18 to get one "free"! (Big paper was in front of all the fondant boxes advertising.) So when I get to the register they ring up regular price! I tell the cashier about the "sale"! She says "it's doesn't include everyday value products"! Whatever the hell that means!! So all their coupons and sales are B.S.! Just lost a good customer. I'm going to Hobby Lobby. I've never had problems with coupons there!

Original review: March 31, 2017

I placed an order online which included several items. When my box arrived, it looked perfect. The delivery company took good care of the box. My delight ended there! When I opened the box, the most important product of all was broken. This item had was wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap. The outside box did not have a mark nor bruise. You can only conclude that Michaels intentionally sent a damaged item and the shipping finished it off!

Well if you think that is bad enough! Call customer service! The worse customer service I have ever experienced. After explaining the situation and telling them I need the product by Monday the latest (it's Friday!), the first person told me that next day delivery would be Thursday. Yes... you read correctly! Thursday! I asked how is next day delivery, Thursday? The representative said it's because it takes two days to wrap it. Folks... the product is a bowl! When I rejected that comment, he then said I could drive to the stores to see if the product is in the stores. Really! I told him NO and to send me to his supervisor. He did not! He sent me to a girl who was going to assist in finding a store to purchase the product again! I said NO, yet again and she forwarded me to a supervisor... so I thought. NO... He was just another customer service representative that couldn't do anything. He sent me to a supervisor.

The supervisor was at least not rude, but again not helpful. The supervisor has to speak to his concierge or contact and get approval to send my product to me by Monday. Apparently there is a concierge somewhere undisclosed. And this concierge is the only person in all of Michaels who can have this product sent to me by Monday and he took a personal day! See... there is only one! Because no one else can help. My takeaway from this is Michaels enjoys taking your money and wasting your time. I don't like going to their stores because there is always just one register open and a line 20 people deep. This conversation lasted longer than that line! So there was another hour and half of my life that I will never get back. Oh, and as for my product?!? I won't see it until Wednesday! Let's see if this one is broken!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I purchased an item online from Michaels. The item wasn't satisfactory to me, I never even to plastic off item. Well I tried to take back to store and was told had to send back since it was online purchase. Ok no problem. I could do that. I called the 800 Return Dept and they told me I would get email from UPS with info for return. Had to wait for that email (like 2 days). When I went to see if package could be picked up UPS told me Michaels hadn't covered that. So I had to take to the store or drop box (package too big to fit) or give it to UPS person if I seen one. Well long story short when they received it back online refunded me the merchandise price and some of the tax on merchandise. Didn't refund S&H which was 6.95 and a small portion of the tax. Never will I order again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Store: 8200 Renaissance Pkwy, Ste 1030, Durham, NC. I have found very good customer service such as a cashier in the Michael's in Durham. Other employees helped me when I had questions about where to find something. The cashier always talks about what my project is for whatever it is that I am buying, and I appreciate that. I've also gotten good advice from cashiers and other employees. I would recommend this store to everyone.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I went to Michaels in Columbus, Ohio right before Christmas. The items I was buying were advertised as 70% off and there actually was a box of them with the 70% sign on the counter where I was checking out. I watched as the cashier scanned them and the full discount was not being applied. I told her that the reason I was buying several of this item was due to this discount and pointed out that they weren't ringing up correctly. She told me they would be discounted once it was totaled. So I paid the final amount she told me, but when I got my receipt, sure enough the discount was not applied. I had already paid and didn't want to wait while they had to be returned and reentered. So I left knowing that I had just basically been ripped off.

There were several issues here as I see it. The product had not been entered into the system correctly with the discounted price, even though it was profusely advertised around the store including on the checkout counter. There was no mystery what the price should have been. The cashier didn't know what she was talking about, apparently, since she assured me it would be discounted but it was not. And they should give you a chance to see the itemized list and what you are being charged for each item before you pay.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

On Christmas Eve Day, daughter and I went to the Palm Harbor, FL Michaels to make a small purchase to complete a homemade gift. Seeing an employee at the end of an aisle, I told my daughter I would ask where we could find the item we were looking for. An off duty employee was crouched in the middle of the aisle and overheard us. She jumped up, cut me off and engaged the employee on duty in a long irrelevant conversation while we waited patiently. Finally, I said, "Excuse me, I just need to know where to find..." but was cut off by the off duty employee who said, "We don't carry that."

Daughter and I walked away and discovered the item on the next aisle. When we got in line to check out, the off duty employee was behind us. She loudly spoke to the 3 cashiers so that the long line of customers waiting could hear her - one asked where her child was and she proudly stated she dropped her off at a sitter before 8 AM so she didn't have to watch her because she was tired as she was seeking out whiskey at 2 AM the night before. Don't know her name - she's very short with long curly brown hair - seriously needs help and a job not working with customers. Really worried about her child!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I was in the Olive Branch, MS store on 11/25/16 (Black Friday); the manager on duty was Tricia **. I was shopping for favor boxes for an event. I noticed a 50% off sign on the wedding aisle for the gift boxes. At checkout it was not in the system as a sale item. My friend and I explained the signage; the cashier asked for a price check & asked for a manager. While waiting I asked my friend to go & take a picture of the sign. When she went to that aisle, the salesperson said that the sign should not have been there, so she removed it. Needless to say we didn't get the picture of the sign.

My friend came to the register & explained what had occurred. Meanwhile, Tricia (manager) comes to the register. She was not accommodating, considerate, or pleasant (she was not nasty), firm. She continued to dispute the existence of the signage, stating that those boxes hadn't been on sale for a couple of months. To avoid making a scene, I asked for her name & politely said I would contact the corporate office. My argument is as a customer I should have been given the sale price because it was posted at the time of my shopping. I didn't post the sign, so as a Michael's manager she should have taken responsibility of her employee's mistakes & honored the signage.

I chose to have that item removed from my purchase. It's unfortunate a customer has to consider taking pictures of sale signs to ensure their discount. As a matter of fact I went to another retailer the next day and the same thing happened, but of course with different results. When the cashier asked an associate to check for signage, she returned & stated, "The sign was there, but it should not have been. It was supposed to have been for yesterday." The experienced cashier told the co-worker to remove the sign & she honored to discount for that item. That's what should have happened at Michael's. Could this have been discrimination... who knows.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Went into Michael's on 11/23 for a specific item. Found it, it did not have a sale tag on the product or on the marker on the shelf. The price on the marker was their normal white with black type price marker for $19.99. I got to check out, presented my 40% off coupon and was told the item was on sale and I couldn't use the coupon.

I told the cashier there was no sale advertised on the item or at the POS where the item was located. She insisted it was on sale. Not surprisingly the item rang up at full price. After running around town looking for this particular item I figured it was not worth the hassle so I purchased it and just left. When I got home the item was a piece of garbage anyway. Found a better yet cheaper item online and ordered it. Today I returned the original item to Michael's while my daughter purchased some craft supplies. They were not on sale but I was told the coupon was not valid towards them as well. I'm DONE shopping at Michael's. I will drive the extra distance to shop at Jo-Ann's.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

First ONLINE order through Michaels. I was unhappy with quality of the product (photo storage box clips were flimsy and would not lock appropriately). Once I decided to return the items, I had to call and request return labels (labels were sent via email approximately 2-3 days AFTER the initial phone call). Once I had received that labels via email and packaged the return, I sent them out that same day (October 24th). By November 7th I had still not received a refund. After MULTIPLE calls with their customer care no one was able to give me a definite answer on the status of my return. I was told that when my return was approved I would be receiving an email.

Finally, on November 14th, I spoke with a representative who told me that per their database, my return had been received October 28th and that my refund must have been a result of "miscommunication". He "assured me" that he had submitted the request for the return and that I should see a refund to my account within the next 4-8 business days. I HOPE I DO receive my refund. I will NOT be ordering from Michaels again. I will continue to shop at competing stores (Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, and Amazon) whose customer service and return policy is much more efficient and customer friendly.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

Last two times I have gone to Michaels in Palm Harbor, Fl, the service has been terrible. Cashier was very rude and didn't want to answer any questions. Didn't ask for my Michael account. I will not ever shop there again like many people I know.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

What is the purpose to provide coupons if almost everything you can not use the coupon on? I have spent money in the store many times, but today I tried to use the 25% off entire order. After the total I asked why is it so much. Seems almost everything I picked up was exempt from the coupon. They make the print so small you can't read it. I told the salesperson if I had known I would not have bought most of it. This is a rip off to all. I will go somewhere else for my crafting needs.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

Was in Michael's on 53rd Street in Davenport Iowa an hour ago. There was ONE checkout person and about 12 people in line. She called for assistance. An worker was pushing carts around up front but did nothing to help. Then another older gal came up front, talked to the first gal then left. About 15 minutes later the second gal came back. The woman in front of me who had a cart FULL asked her if she was going to open up. She got really snippy and said "Yes I am, and don't get mad at me. I was helping someone else".

Then she motioned to the people BEHIND us to come over to her lane. The gal in front of me and I both pushed our carts up to the front in total disbelief that she had just spoken to us like that. We left our carts at the front...and let them know that we would NOT be shopping there again! Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's crafts will get our business from now on. Too bad, you have good prices and great selection, but HORRIBLE customer service!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

On September 28, 2016 at approximately 7:30 p.m. at the Michaels located at 2740 Midway Drive in San Diego, CA, I presented my purchases (a planner priced at $29.99 and two planner accessories, each priced at $4.99), together with a 50% off coupon, to the young man at the register wearing the name tag **. I confirmed with ** that the accessories were buy one, get one 50% off.

** proceeded to ring me up for a total of $37.77 (?). When I asked him why it was $37, he replied, “What do you mean?” I pointed out the cost of each item and that with the application of the 50% coupon; it should be $24 - $25. ** reviewed the register screen and declared the coupon was not working. He checked and evidently the coupon was only reducing the planner by $5 rather than the entitled $15. I waited for him to offer resolution, but instead he again declared “the coupon wasn’t working.” I told him (unnecessarily I might add) that I wanted the full discount of $15 to which he kind of just stood there not knowing what to do or say other than repeat that the coupon wasn’t working. I can only assume that he felt this was a legitimate reason to deny me the discount and beyond his control.

Rather than seeing the customer’s point of view or getting his manager, ** could only defend the denial of my discount by repeating “the coupon wasn’t working.” His attitude conveyed irritation at the inconvenience of my request, rather than empathy over the failed transaction. Knowing I wasn’t simply going to allow his excuse that “the coupon wasn’t working” as a reason to deny my full discount, ** said that he would give me 30% off of the entire transaction. When he gave me the new total, I asked him if that was a better deal than the 50% off of the planner. He wasn’t sure, but I did the math and knew it was not. Again, I repeated that I wanted the correct discount. In exasperation he said he would have to cancel the transaction and re-ring (hardly a monumental task as there were only THREE items). I nodded and said, “Okay.”

Clearly ** was unhappy about the situation particularly as the line was growing ever longer. He called the manager over to explain the problem to which she canceled my transaction and the items were re-rung. Again, the coupon did not register the proper discount. The manager checked the validity of the coupon, canceled the transaction once more and items were re-rung. I’m not sure of the number of times this had to be done in total, but the manager ended up overriding the total despite ** comment “then we’ll have to discount the item,” as if doing so would be such a bothersome task.

Needless to say this whole transaction left me with a sour impression of the Michaels’ staff. During the process I frankly could not help but wonder if my requests to have my coupon honored was being ignored because of the fact I am a senior and a female minority – that this young ** man felt he could get away with what was essentially cheating me as the stereotype of my race is one of passivity and I would not resist. I am still bothered that ** felt it was acceptable for me (or anyone else for that matter) to pay $10 more on a transaction than was actually owed; proper resolution only happened because I remained resolute in my request. I commented to him when I left that $37 was a big difference from the $24 I paid. I welcome and invite the district managers of Michaels to review the store tapes and let them form their own opinion as to the lack of customer service, support and care.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Overnight took 6 nights. I paid extra for overnight to get everything in time for my son's birthday. The box arrived 5 days after guaranteed and they were not apologetic.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

Today, I spent 64.00 in the Michaels Store located on University Drive which most of my products was of floral located beside the counter where a woman was putting together wreaths. When I got them home and started to put my daughter's wreath together, the floral literally disintegrated in my hands. I tried to place several of the pieces on the grapevine wreaths that I also reluctantly bought, (and there's a story there too) the results are awful. I have created wreaths for twenty years and never in my entire experience have I came across such a poor quality of product.

Your prices are way too high for what you are selling. My disappointment is overwhelming and I have to spend much more to be able to finish her gift. If asked, I will not recommend your store. As for the grapevine wreaths, there was none of the medium size to be found. The woman explained that they were using all of them to create wreaths for your store and selling them. I looked at your finished product and your prices are also a disgrace to any consumer. $39.00 - $49.00 for a wreath that is just wrapped in burlap ribbon with a bow. Shame!

Original review: July 30, 2016

Worst retail experience ever! More than once I've had a bad experience with this company. They don't honour their coupons and if they do, they get it wrong. I have to return to the store to sort out the mess. And even then they are not that willing to make it right. They advertise products are on sale, but are not. Give a coupon for any regular price item, only to find out at cash it's on sale, with no other visible signs on the shelf that it's on sale. One particular cashier (and I always seem to get her) is rude, wouldn't smile to save her life and mostly unpleasant to deal with - especially when you want to return an item. I will never shop at Michael's again. I am fed up with the monopoly they run, prices are exorbitant, classes are cheap only kids would want to take them. I am so done with this store.

Original review: July 25, 2016

The closet Michaels Stores is almost 40 miles away from where I live. I am constantly giving this store my money because I am a crafty person, but today I called the corporate office to see if the store can donate one reef and one floral arrangement to a title one school. The lady told me no because they already had two organizations that they give to. I could see if I was asking for a lot, but all I was asking for was One reef and one floral arrangement to go into the front office of a inner city school. It would not have hurt them and it could have been a tax write-off. Some schools are not fortunate to have things like that because they just do have their needs covered. I am totally floored that the store acted as though they would have lost a lot by doing a nice gesture.

Original review: June 26, 2016

Good customer service is necessary and this was the worst I've had in a while. I bought two frames last week and I tried to buy another today but the price was twice as much per one frame. There was no information last week that the frame was on sale for any reason and my confirmation email reflects that. I contacted customer service chat and she told me, "Too bad." I told her I would need to return the two frames I already own because I needed four of the same (I didn't realize I needed four when I first bought). She ignored that request and ended the chat instead. Her name was Karen **.

I then spoke to someone on the phone who told me it was 2 for the price of 1. When I told her that was not on the site when I purchased nor was it on my confirmation email, she also essentially said, "Too bad." There is no reason I would buy from this company over one like Amazon or Wayfair who will do anything to make their customers happy. I gave Michaels a chance and I highly regret it.

Original review: June 7, 2016

The last time I was at the Michaels in Oakwood plaza the framer I was working with needed to go to the front of the store to help with a problem. I was not in any hurry and loved working with this particular very professional framer. While waiting the Mgr of framing came over and asked why I was waiting. I explained what was happening and his remark to me was "THE JEWS WHO RUN THIS PLACE MAKE US DO TOO MUCH WORK BESIDES WHAT WE DO IN FRAMING." My jaw dropped to the floor as I had worked many times with him and never knew he was so anti-Semitic and reminded him that I am Jewish and his reply was "YEAH... SO?"

After I picked up my jaw from the floor I could not believe what just happened but in a daze I just gathered up the 20 or so pieces I was about to have framed (many dollars worth) and when asked by the framer (she had just come back to me) what happened my only thought at that time was "You will never see me in Michaels again" and I left.

I made a complaint online and was called very quickly called by the District Mgr. who apologized and told me he would investigate the next morning, first thing. He did call me back and said I would be getting a letter for such poor customer service and he was including a 50 gift card. Anti-Semitism is not poor customer service. I then tried to contact Chuck Rubin CEO of Michaels and spoke with Carolyn his secretary who also apologized. To make a long story short, Chuck Rubin, CEO called me (I can only assume it was him as I have read he has a heavy Bostonian accent and the guy talking to me did not) and told me that a thorough investigation took place and his long-time employee denied that he ever said what I said he did... guess that makes me a liar, I said to him and he told me to not put words in his mouth. If the employee admitted to making the comment I am sure he would have or should have been terminated.

A call from his Jewish Attorney who also said he reportedly did not make the anti-Semitic remark and she hoped I would continue shopping at Michaels. I told her I would not as long as he was in that store and she asked me if there was another Michaels nearby that I could shop in and I told her to move him to another store so I would not be the one inconvenienced. What a joke. I did tell Chuck Rubin and his attorney that I would stand outside their store with a sign "Jews are not welcome at Michaels"... and I did. I also sent a copy of my complaint to The Blackstone Group, Bain Capital (Mitt Romney) and Highfields Capital. These are the companies that back Michaels. The $50 gift card sent to try to keep my mouth shut will never be used. I would highly recommend any Jewish customers not shop at Michaels because they obviously just DO NOT CARE who their employees insult.

Original review: May 25, 2016

Michaels in Dothan, AL is slightly over a 30-minute drive for me one way. Something is wrong with their online website so I cannot book the classes online nor can I book them over the phone because they do not make over the phone reservations for their classes. I make the drive to have the experience the classes offer with my stepdaughter. We have signed up for 4 in-store art classes and all 4 got cancelled. I shop at Michaels at least once a month. I will not ever again nor sign up for one of their classes. They get the luxury of leaving a call on my voice mail and I get the look of disappointment on her face because of their incompetence to follow thru with a scheduled well in advance that we post on our refrigerator event(s).

Original review: May 9, 2016

Michaels store on 66th Street and Nicollet in Richfield, MN. This is a convenient store for me, it comes to mind first when I need craft items. I visit maybe four times a year. There is always a line waiting for check out, and always four or five people ahead of me and never moves quickly. I see this at every visit. Yesterday I needed a sheet of styrofoam to do a project with my grandson so I stopped at the store. I was glad to spot it right away, searching is usually an issue. A plastic wrapped sheet of styrofoam about 12" by 18". It was priced $6.99 which I thought was way overpriced but I was in a hurry. Finally get through the checkout and open it at home. My first thought was, "What kind of ultra cheap styrofoam is this?" Tiny granules coming off all sides of the sheet, a huge mess. I vowed to myself to never enter that store again.

Original review: March 20, 2016

On 03/18/16 I visited Michaels #5715, 5106 Northern, NY. I purchased the American Flag (3x5) on regular price $19.99. The cashier charged me $24.99 plus tax. When I started to dispute it the salesperson got very agitated and begun to repeat, if I want it or not (for $24.99)? I brought the label with the price and item description on it and called for supervisor (**). I had the weekly coupon (50% off) and senior discount (10%). I am constant purchaser in this store but no cashier before NEVER told me that I can use 10% senior discount (I am 70 and look like it). My friend told me about this discount, so first time when I used it in Michaels.

So I presented my 50% off coupon, so they started to argue that $19.99 flag was on sale if it not $24.99. This flag was on display on the wall in 4 places and everywhere it was normal regular price. So manager ** agreed on 50% off coupon and I told about 10% senior discount. ** told me: "NO!! If you use discount coupon, there no senior discount!!!" I presented him with Michaels own ad. It says - "If you are age 65 years or older, take 10% off your entire purchase every day, including regular and sale price merchandise. Simply present a valid ID at the register". I am 70 years old. So 50% off plus 10% off gives 60% off the entire purchase. They say - "NO!!!" At last lady by the name ** started to handle me - in her calculations 60% off from $19.99 was not $8.00 plus tax which I should pay but $12.00 plus tax.

When I tried to explain to her that 60% off from the ticket price should leave me to pay only 40% of the item price - all of them (**, supervisor ** and other man who come for coworkers' support) told to me - "NO!!!" At last - after multiple manipulations with the cash register they made me to pay $10 as excuse for my **, telling to me that I took 30 min of their time and created big line. Not exactly bad workers and humans but not good for sure.

Original review: March 15, 2016

I am an avid craftier and artist and I shop at Michaels at least twice a week, and yes I use the coupons that is why they e-mail them to me, so I use them. The Michaels on 66th in St. Petersburg Florida is my home store and they have 2 cashiers that I always have the luck of getting that are just downright rude to me. They do not speak. One took one of my coupons and threw it away. When I asked why she said "you have the wrong kind of paint." I assured her it was the right kind of paint for the 40% off coupon and she became very disgruntled. Well the coupon worked. They are so rude that I dread going in there and will just start buying my supplies online from Dick Blick. I would rather wait a few days, and pay a bit more to not have to deal with the mean girls at the St. Petersburg Michaels.

Michaels Stores, Inc Company Information