2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

michaels.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Michaels Stores, Inc Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I'd give 0 or 1/2 star if either were an option. Ordered one Lego set online for in-store pick up because it was several dollars cheaper than Amazon. The Michaels' website indicates any in-store pickup order placed before 3 pm will be available for same day pick up. My order was placed at 4:15, so I assumed it would be ready the next day. I received notification that my order was received, but no email or text indicating it was ready for pick up. Two days later, I try and check status. It's listed as "Pending." I try to find out status via both chat and phone customer service (if you'll pardon the expression). No one seemed to know what was up with my order.

One CSR told me that it actually was marked "Ready For Pickup" on her system. A different one told me it was canceled. (Glad I didn't take first person's word that it was ready.) Another one kept telling me about "Same Day Delivery" and "Free Shipping" policies even though the very first thing I said was that this was an "In Store Pick Up" order. Even after I repeated that this was an "In Store Pick Up" order, they continued to tell me about "Same Day Delivery" and "Free Shipping" policies. Turns out, the store canceled the order, but didn't notify me that they did so. And for some reason, the "Track My Order" system didn't know it was canceled.

Spoke with a CSR manager who did some checking and got to the bottom of it. She kindly extended a e-gift card which I used to order the set from a different Michaels location. So, I now have my set and everything seems good. At this point, I'd give them 4 stars. Then I start getting texts from Michaels about the original order which was canceled by the store. The texts say that my order has been received and that they'll let me know when it has been shipped or is ready for pick up. The text included an opt out option (Reply STOPALL to unsubscribe), so I replied "STOPALL" and received a text saying I was successfully removed. Texts did not stop.

When I once again reached out via chat, I was told that I didn't do it right. That I needed to reply "STOP" instead. I explained that that is not what the text stated. They said they didn't know why that was happening and that I should reply "STOP". So I did. And I got a text confirming that I wouldn't receive any more texts. Until I started getting texts about the cancelled order again. Again I tried "STOPALL" and "STOP" and got confirmation texts. And when I get more texts, I reached out again. The CSR I spoke with said all they could do is cancel my account. So they did. And then I got more texts. Reached out again. Supposedly, it's been escalated to Marketing and IT. We'll see if it stops. Should've spent the few extra dollars at Amazon.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I have never had a problem with returns besides this store. I will never shop here again. I ordered something and tried to cancel, Michael's said they were going to refund me but never did. They won't respond to my emails. I'm over it, they lost a customer.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I made an expensive online purchase and was sure that delivery would be free. My fault. After the payment, I discovered that I was charged almost $20. Every item was sent in a separate parcel. Are you serious?! I got eight parcels and still should go to the store to pick up the rest of the order. Unbelievable. It was my first and last time when I bought something at Michaels Store.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Michael's sends me daily (or even more) emails about their sales items. This one was for "Welcome" mats. I went to 4 different stores looking for the one I wanted. Nope. Went online. Not available for shipping. Also check all stores online - "NOT SOLD" How AM I supposed to get it then?! A few days later a new sales advertisement features the exact doormat I was looking for, yay! Nope. Still not sold or available for shipping. Next, Michael's asks me for a review. I said the same as above and added a "Good job, advertising something you don't even sell." Today I got a form letter email thanking me for my review but it "didn't conform to their needs" and I was welcome to submit another review. No explanation or attempt to correct the issue. Just 'we aren't going to post THAT on our site...' What a load of crap. Get me into the store and see if I'll buy something else...ik.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Ordered through Michaels online store. The experience was generally not terrible, once at the cart applied coupon codes for a reduction (per the offer). Cart updated and confirmed the amount on payment. Email receipt of the transaction confirms a total significantly larger. Call customer support, they are not taking calls. Not. Taking. Calls. Not a long wait, no calls. Use the chat bot, Mike Bot, unintelligent and unable to assist...would I like a rep? Yes! Sorry no reps available.

Use contact us webpage, open support ticket marked URGENT. No response...ever.

Wait on Mike Bot chat two days later, transferred to human chat, wait time over 1 hour. This rep can't help. I need to accept the shipment and pay to return the shipment. Transferred to supervisor chat. 20 min wait. Same discussion. Finally issues refund. Provides a claim #. Four days later. Packages are left outside, visa statement still shows full (incorrect) charge. Waiting on chat again...currently waited over 40 minutes. They have no business selling products online as they simply cannot support the model with any service at all.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Good Day, I’m having a really and I mean really hard time understanding why the store is not accepting returns. The excuse I received was because of germs and there is no date as to when returns will be accepted. You got to really be kidding me that we all can’t return items, especially at a time folks may need their money back. Your stores are open to the public but returns can’t come into the store due to germs. Please explain how an item won’t have germs on it today vs tomorrow vs next month. Germs don’t pick a date to stop showing up and this virus can be around for quite a while. Regardless when you accept returns, you are going to face germs. No different than a customer that’s in the store touching the items.

All other stores have no problem returning items. I think this is taking things to the extreme and feel it’s more a higher up decision to not lose money with the hopes people forget or lose their receipt. It is plain and simple ridiculous and if you can’t accept returns, then why is the store open to the public??? I don't know who thought this through but it’s clearly not a well thought out plan or maybe it is, with as I mentioned earlier, done with the hopes of people forgetting or losing their receipt so the store doesn’t lose money. People need to return for all different reasons and some may need to purchase what they need but can’t afford to because the return was part of the money being used. Plain and simple, if you're NOT going to accept returns, then you NEED to be closed to the public.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Ordered online at the Inglewood CA location. Went to pick up an hour later. Was told it would take up to two more hours. I was in a tight time window but moved other things around to make that possible. I called when I pulled up about 4 hours after ordering and was hung up on four times before finally got through. The same employee came out to tell me that it was in the current group of orders they were pulling but it would be another 45 minutes. I could not talk to a manager unless I called again and got through because they will not come out of the building and I could not get the small item myself because customers were not allowed in. I was goated to cancel the order instead of bothering. The worst customer service I have experienced anywhere in quite some time! Communicating effectively is clearly not a priority and over five hours (and waiting) to go to the aisle they list on the order and take this handheld item out is apparently too difficult.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I ordered one item on April 23; never received an email confirming the order or a time to pick up (both of which I had received on a previous order). So I assumed that the order had not gone through. Today I got my credit card bill - behold! I was charged for the item! Tried to get to customer service on my computer, but had to use my phone to get into the chat queue. After an hour's wait, I was connected to Karla R. who asked for the order number (none, as already noted), then my email address. Then told me that there was no record of the order. I typed in several more pieces of information, but apparently had been disconnected as soon as she said she couldn't locate it. Not helpful, not worth the wait, and rude - and I'm still charged for something I never got. I will never order from Michaels online again.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I ordered some heatnbond on 4/23/20 and was not expecting it for at least a week... Still waiting on my Joann's order... Received my Michaels pkg. on the 4/25/20... Very pleased with this order...happy...

Original review: April 25, 2020

I dropped off two canvasses to be stretched pd $190 on 3/12. I am relocating out of the country and need my canvasses back. I waited an hour on the chat, told to contact Aaron Bros. Can't get them. No updates of any kind from anybody. But, of course, you can pick up your online purchases at the store. I need my canvasses back. But no way to communicate with them. Aaron Bros. is totally unreachable.

Michaels Stores, Inc Company Information