michaels.com

3.9/5 (432 ratings)

About Michaels Stores, Inc

Michaels Stores, Inc Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?

Original review: May 26, 2022

I bought, on the spur of the moment, a flag holder for a flag received from a funeral. The holder was too small for the flag I have. Before I took the plastic off that covered the holder, I held the flag against it and thought it would fit. The store manager and corporate customer service would do nothing about accepting the return because it was opened. I work in retail and we accept returns no matter how old or in what condition. I told customer service I planned on buying the larger holder they carry but, after this experience, I will not spend another penny at their stores.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I am building a gift and floral business and I try various combinations of items to see how they “work” together. Because items are expensive, I frequently purchase clearance or sale items in order to keep my sales prices lower when possible. Michaels has some nice things that I have bought in quantities, which never seems to annoy any of the staff. When I attempt to return items, I get harassed. In front of other customers, and staff, certain cashiers feel entitled to voice their disapproval of my purchase return. I get asked “What happened” implying failure on my part. Changed my mind is not apparently on the radar. If my seasonal craft event is over, and I have 10 rolls of ribbon leftover, I should be able to return them without being interrogated or put down.

I have also been told that if I am a rewards member, my receipt lookup will be quick and easy. That has never happened once. A manager told me she would investigate and resolve but I never heard a peep from her. Very upset about being harassed in North Greenbush, NY earlier this evening. I should not have to go into the store expecting to be harassed, questioned, put down, insulted, etc. and I should not have to drive an extra 15 miles to be treated with respect. The customer service needs some serious improvement.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: March 28, 2022

Finally received my order 48hrs to the minute after submitting my order. I received an easy press with a note taped to the front "defective" and half the packaging was missing. By this point, I was so overwhelmed with disappointment from all the barriers, that I broke down crying. Oscar was very helpful with the exchange and compensated us the delivery fee, and gave us a discount on the defective product, and will be investigating the reason why we were even given a defective product in the first place. I still don't advise shopping online with all the issues I had, but the staff in store have always been so friendly and helpful.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I placed my order online on Saturday March 26 at 11:25am. I kept checking my email and online, orders received before 2 pm would be delivered same day. Come 845pm I called the store. They never received the order. Had to call customer service next morning at 830am to find out there was an issue with the online ordering system and it can take 24 to 48hrs. Ordered $1000 worth of product. If I would have known, I would have gone in person after work, before closing on Saturday. Finally got an update email at 740pm. Will probably be delivered Monday and I won't be home when it's delivered and I'm really quite upset I was charged for same day delivery and disappointed I won't get to play with my new crafts till Tuesday thanks to working overnight. Super frustrated. Going to be calling the office again to get a refund for same day delivery fee. This isn't OK.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Horrible experience!!! Never buy online. Customer care is terrible. I try many times buy some canvas. I never receive any email to tell they cancel their order, I call customer service. They don't know.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I went to a great deal of expense to have professional photos taken of my entire family while in Florida for vacation. The photos were the only goal of the vacation. My husband and I paid for all travel, lodging and food for the trip. Additionally, we had the charge for the professional photographer and the charge for printing the photos. I had envisioned a gallery wall of 11 x 14 photographs...all lined up perfectly. Without a doubt, I made my vision known to the folks at Michaels. I used Michaels because they guaranteed I would be pleased.

I took 12 photos to Michael's in Greenwood, IN at the same time at the first of November, 2021. This review is being written in the third week of January...I just picked up the last frame this week. The delay wasn't supply chain issues. Silver metal frames were scratched the first and second time I attempted to pick up, glass was not cleaned on the photo side, string matting was not going the same way for 9 frames. Finally got everything in place and went to hang the photos...There are no two frames that are the same size. No way can these frames be used as I had envisioned. Unfortunately, I bit on the promise of a low price...Do yourself a favor and use a local professional framer. I've heard it my entire life...You get exactly what you pay for...I paid for trash and that is what I have received.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

On 11/30/2021 I ordered a Christmas tree online for my daughter's 1st apartment. I seen it started processing and waiting for a label to be created on 12/01. Today is 12/10/1021. I've called customer service on 12/3/21 as I seen on Michaels website it states it had been sitting waiting for the label since 12/1. I've now reached out to customer service on 12/3, 12/6,12/8 and 12/10. I've been told that she would receive it 12/10. Then today I was told she won't receive it, till most likely 12/16. Ok so the week before Christmas she gets to put a tree up lmao.

At this point I wished I would have went into a store and purchased a tree then drove 3 hours to her house to deliver it. This company's customer service has no clue what they are doing and tell you something different each time you reach out to ask questions. I will never again buy anything online from this company ever again. Thanks for ruining my surprise for my daughter getting a Xmas tree at her new house before Xmas.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I ordered a Cricut Maker online on Cyber Monday and had it delivered. Box looked great. I took out the machine and it was clearly used! Scuff marks, ink marks...and no power adapter! I went in the store (before I opened the box) to get additional parts for the machine. All of the employees were huddled around while customers just stood there wondering what was going on and the manager comes out....eating a bagel. Selling a used and damaged machine and calling it new is despicable.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Even with the Cyber Monday deals, Michaels overcharges by so much it is ridiculous. I can buy 1 bottle of dye at a few places that are $2 while Michaels charges $7 for the same thing! All the dye is way overpriced! The deals I got today are still half the price of what Michaels is charging with their "sale". I don't like companies that do not care about the customers and only $$ is important to them. Will never buy from this company.

Resolution response: Dec. 6, 2021

Update: I received the merchandise today, that I had originally bought. I still would not recommend this company as their customer service chain of command is ridiculous. Their shipping department is a nightmare. Their policies are terrible customer service. When they mess up they try to make you go out of your way and spend your time and money to make it right.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I was shipped not one but three incorrect items. The item numbers on my packing slip showed the correct items and item numbers but what I received was not that. Instead of the 6 ft. pine and eucalyptus garland (no glitter or fake snow because I hate that stuff. I want a natural look) I get a very cheap looking snowy balsam garland that I would have never purchased. I get two acrylic paints that do not match what I ordered / what was on the packing slip and I can’t use! I’ve spent hours on the phone with several c.s reps.

The first told me he would ship out the correct items and that I can throw away or donate items. Great. So I threw them out. I get an email the next day stating I will receive my “correct items” once I return all items to a store or use my gas money to drive to a UPS drop off location. It was not my mistake so why do I have to waste my time and money to make it right? Because Michaels does not care about my time or money. They don’t care about ensuring shipments are correct. They don’t care about you having to jump through hoops to talk to someone to make it right.

I finally spoke to Karen R., yesterday who assured me that items will be sent out and I don’t have to go dumpster diving for the items to return since Marco told me to donate or toss. However, I still have no email or any confirmation that I’m actually getting these items resent. I go onto my Michaels account and still only see the initial order was delivered. I have no way of tracking the items because she gave me no tracking info for the new shipments. Last year around the same time I had another bad experience with this store, never receiving my order. I spent hours on the phone trying to either get my items or my money back. This corporation is crooked.

They keep your money and items. They don’t care about customers at all. I will not be shipping here. Hobby Lobby here I come with money to spend. I will be sure to be as loud as possible on all social media and to all my friends and family to let them know to steer clear of this horrible company. I want my money or items and to never deal with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I am absolutely appalled at the customer service from Michaels online. I ordered a Christmas Tree two weeks ago and the order hadn't moved - I contacted them today to see what was going on and they told me that they could reship it but that I would have to wait another 3 days for processing and approximately another 6-9 for shipment so another 2 weeks with all of the holiday mail delays. No thank you. I then asked them to cancel the order because it hadn't even charged my account yet (per their shipping policy, it doesn't charge until its shipped) which tells me it hadn't shipped, and they refused and that they can only cancel an order for the first hour after its placed. They told me I needed to wait until the processing time is fully over and then they could see what they could do. TERRIBLE service.

I've been in this industry for 20 years and KNOW that there are other options other than waiting it out for it to charge my account, ship the tree I no longer want, and then go through the entire returning/refusing process. This entire ordering process has been nothing but a pain. IF you're going to make the decision to purchase from Michaels, do NOT do it online. They tend to have a knack for ruining the Christmas Spirit.

Michaels Stores, Inc Company Information