3.73/5

michaels.com

142 Michaels Stores, Inc Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I went in today with a coupon I printed. Picked up an Ott Bed lamp - it was not on sale but when I got to the checkout it didn't qualify as it was classified as an "everyday value" priced item. So I didn't take it as their Ott lights are more expensive anyway so I only buy them with a coupon or on sale. I went off with my coupon again. I picked up a little activity book of Sloths and Friends where you scratch out the images. When I went back to the cashier, it didn't qualify and she pointed out the price had an 'N' after it meaning it didn't qualify. How was I to know? I left it behind as well. I can pay the same price and buy it at a store that sells lots of local art, pottery, etc. and would rather support them.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I had purchased an item over a month ago and it was not what I needed. Yesterday I returned it and had a couple of things I needed to pick up. Since my debit account had already paid out the monies, all I wanted to do was use the returned dollar amount on the items that I was buying. Who would have thought that you couldn't do a return and a purchase in one transaction. I was paying cash for this purchase and was told that I couldn't return the item and apply the dollar amount on my purchase that it had to go back on my debit card, which is not what I wanted. Needless to say the sales clerk went for the manager and he still had no customer service skills. I asked him several times to stop talking before he had more upset than I already was. But he continued on... I put the return back on my debit card (not what should have been done) and paid. I will never go back to Michaels again. What a poor way to treat your customers, if I am ever asked if someone should shop at Michaels it will be a big NO!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I have shopped at Michaels for years. I will no longer shop there. I received a Cricut Explorer Air 2 for Mother’s Day and with it came a coupon book for different items I will need for my machine. I have drove to the Newark Delaware store at least 4 times and the item is never in stock although it says it is online. I approached a worker in the store and she was super rude to me. I called customer service and was told someone would get back to me in 24 hours. Never happened. Michaels have horrible customer service. The employees are rude and nasty and no one cares. We crafters spend thousands of dollars each year and deserve better. They have lost my business. I rather go to Hobby Lobby, Joann’s or anywhere that I am treated like a valuable customer.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Received Email from Michaels. Like the minority of consumers I use a smartphone for emails. Add touted doorbuster sales with big savings. It included a coupon for 50% off one regular price item. Any exclusions were not readily visible on e-coupon. I had planned to go to Dick Blick (over an hour away) to stock up bit decided to go to Michaels (90 minutes away) for the sale promotions.

I needed Turpenoid Natural the most. I Found out that Michaels charges $42. Per quart which is more than double than Dick Blick @ $18.32 a quart everyday price. I also discovered that oil and acrylic paints were more than double in price than Dick Blick and other similar brick and mortar retailers. Michaels offers a complicated price match with a very long list of exclusions that is even a challenge for a store manager to make sense of, which often results in wasted time and not meeting qualifying guidelines to receive the much touted price match.

For this sales event Michaels reduced the shelf price of fine art supplies by 40 %, which made the 40% price still higher than the majority of brick and mortar shops selling the exact same items in fine art paint supplies. The 40% off also nullified use of any of the much touted coupons. It is deceptive to claim the event was a doorbuster or even a sales event when they more than double the price of the majority of brick and mortar fine art suppliers. This franchise employs deceptive sales tactics, and practices.

Original review: May 1, 2019

This is the worst experience ever!!! Orland Park Illinois store - never again!!! Very poor customer appreciation and handling. Needed a couple of simple picture frames. Called in to put it on hold for me. They did. Wanted to use 30% off coupon, so I had to "place an order online and pick up in the store". I placed that order while I was at the store. Then I've been told that it might take up to a couple of hours for processing. Not happy, but Fine! I came back almost a couple of hours later without receiving an email "ready for pick up" and ask for the help to figure out what is going on since apparently the store doesn't even see the order. Asked to call the main center - they didn't.

I called customer service myself and while I am on the phone customer service telling me that it's been process on they end a while ago. Store should have it. Mysteriously the store suddenly received that order but couldn't help me because it was the other two orders in front of mine. So she went to process other orders first to get to mine. Keeping in mind that I am back for the second time to the store and there are no other people waiting for their orders, I am alone and those picture frames sitting in front of me. Waited for another 15 mins. Still nobody came back to the counter with my order. So I finally lost my patience and ran out of time and got the frames for a full price. Total time spent - 1 hour of wasted time. It should't be this way! That is unacceptable!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?

Original review: April 15, 2019

My son/daughter-in-law very graciously purchased a "Michael's Store" gift card $250 for a specific machine that I wanted to purchase. Both family and myself thoroughly researched the product and found product was available at Michael's Stores two days ago!!!! Yesterday, I went to purchase the product, to my surprise, they stated "We don't carry that product"!!! Just a note, they carry all the accessories for that product!!! I asked the agent at the store if they could order the machine for me, and I'd purchase it. No, I'd have to go through "Customer Service"...

Today, I contacted Customer Service, they responded, they no longer carried the machine and they weren't responsible for Internet information. Really???? I asked what am I to do with the $250 gift card, Customer Service replied "well you can use it however you want, or you can dispose of it!!!!" Can you believe that??? Dispose a $250 gift card!!!! Agent at Corporate customer service was no better and dug her heels in, saying she was "unable to do anything!" I suggested where they still contract with the company for accessories, as a "courtesy", couldn't they just order the machine and I would purchase it- "No, we cannot do that"......

Original review: April 1, 2019

The Michaels Store is incredible. It's my favorite art supply store in Huntsville AL and Madison AL. They have a great selection for painters. I'm an artist and using a lot of art supplies. I'm always ordering from Michaels, mostly buy online, and pick up in store. If some items are out of stock then I receive a refund very quickly. They have a great sale, up to 70% off, plus coupons. The employees are very friendly and helpful and the store is very organized and clean. I'm very satisfied and would recommend Michaels and their website to anyone. Svetlana **.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I went in to purchase some items for a craft project. I am a regular shopper. I noticed that the prices throughout the store were now everyday low price items. In the past we were able to tell the difference between a regular priced item and an everyday low price item. Now a $2.19 item is considered an everyday low price, and there is no sign or sticker to indicate that. Checkout lines are always long with one cashier on. I can never find anyone on the sales floor to help. It is very unpleasant to shop here.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We have never had an issue with Michaels until recently. We have been been using Michaels for our wedding supplies and there was one embellishment we were needing 12 of. Both stores in Colorado Springs off of Academy and the other off of Powers would send us to either store in search of these for four weeks. The comments we would get were “they are on a palette come back tomorrow” or “they are being shipped. Try the other store.” Our wedding is a month away and I finally tried to order them online and they are in store purchases only. I went through customer service to get these ordered and they were suppose to be sent to the store on powers and I gave it a week to be there and finally I called them, waited on hold for 30 minutes and spoke to four different people to be told no one had our information and they sold the stock that was suppose to be on hold for us. I am very disappointed and frustrated. I will not be going back here.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I placed an online order for store pickup at 10:14am. By two I had still not received an email notifying me when the order would be ready for pickup. I used Michaels online chat to check on the order status and was told their system was being updated so that had delayed my order. My big problem with this is that Michaels pushes so hard the fact that you can order online and pick up in the store. Why push something you can't deliver on? Here it is at 6:00pm and I have still heard nothing about my order. But it has hit my checking account! I could have gone to the store and bought the item and been finished with the entire transaction in under an hour. What a waste of my time this has been.

Michaels Stores, Inc Company Information