2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

michaels.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Michaels Stores, Inc Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Last summer I spent thousands of dollars at Michael’s to prepare for what I’d hoped would be a lucrative outdoor craft fair season. Mind you, I was spending $300 and $400 per purchase multiple times. I asked the cashier(s) if there was a rewards program and was told no. I asked if there was a discount for seniors, I was told no. So be it. Well, lo and behold I find out a year later (after about $3000 in purchases) that, yes there is a senior discount and yes there are rewards. Smh. In fact, I had accumulated a $20 reward. So, I go shopping online, ensure that I get my senior discount and made sure to spend over $50 so that shipping would be free and applied my $20 reward. To my disbelief- it actually cancelled out the shipping discount! Are you kidding me?! So my $20 reward turned into a $12 reward. Way to go Michael’s. You’re a real class act. NOT.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

To make it sweet and short DO NOT ORDER ONLINE. Michaels fail comply after placing my order online. They took my money and never kept track with PUROLATOR and my package went missing. Not once has Michael approach me to offer an apology or refund my money nor offer credit. This is a horrible experience. When reaching out to Michaels' customer service agents open a claim and from there you are on your own. If I had not kept track of my purchase my funds would be lost. Shame on Michaels. This company is not ready to offer great customer service online. In the store is great service at online. If I were you I would not put my money.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

As a satisfied customer of this store (in person) for over 20 years, I shopped online (due to COVID). Michaels cancelled an item ordered/confirmed, the customer outreached to their online service (chat) within 24 hrs. requesting either replacement or cancellation of order in entirety w refund. This interaction included a dropped call/chat from their support (as evidenced by no interruption of internet) without pause in efforts lasted 1.5hrs without any resolution. The next action steps were directed to the customer to follow up. Rarely do I leave negative feedback, however feel it is important to assist everyone in improved service during these challenging times. The agent's friendliness and manner was stellar. It appears the standard operating procedures need adjusting for online business.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I work with a nonprofit agency located in Asheville, NC that assists children in Foster Care and those battling mental and behavioral health issues. In my role, I seek support from business in a number of ways, many are not in a position during these times to support agencies, which we all understand. However, Jay (the representative in the Public Relations office for Michaels, located in I believe Dallas Texas) was extremely rude. From the moment this individual answered the phone it was very clear in his tone that he didn't want to have a conversation with me.

After I completed the task, Jay responded "we are broke and just hung up the phone". For someone who works with donors, businesses etc. on a regular basis, I would NEVER hang up on someone and use the tone that he chose. It is even more disappointing considering he works in Public Relations. I will never shop at Michaels again if this is how their corporate offices trains their employees to speak to members of the community that has supported their business for years.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I placed an order for over $300 and the money was immediately taken from my bank account. Soon after my order was canceled but they still had my money. It has been several days now, I still don't have a refund, and have spent several hours on the phone and in chats with their "customer service" no one will tell me why it was cancelled only that it will take 3-7 business days to have my money back.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I'd give 0 or 1/2 star if either were an option. Ordered one Lego set online for in-store pick up because it was several dollars cheaper than Amazon. The Michaels' website indicates any in-store pickup order placed before 3 pm will be available for same day pick up. My order was placed at 4:15, so I assumed it would be ready the next day. I received notification that my order was received, but no email or text indicating it was ready for pick up. Two days later, I try and check status. It's listed as "Pending." I try to find out status via both chat and phone customer service (if you'll pardon the expression). No one seemed to know what was up with my order.

One CSR told me that it actually was marked "Ready For Pickup" on her system. A different one told me it was canceled. (Glad I didn't take first person's word that it was ready.) Another one kept telling me about "Same Day Delivery" and "Free Shipping" policies even though the very first thing I said was that this was an "In Store Pick Up" order. Even after I repeated that this was an "In Store Pick Up" order, they continued to tell me about "Same Day Delivery" and "Free Shipping" policies. Turns out, the store canceled the order, but didn't notify me that they did so. And for some reason, the "Track My Order" system didn't know it was canceled.

Spoke with a CSR manager who did some checking and got to the bottom of it. She kindly extended a e-gift card which I used to order the set from a different Michaels location. So, I now have my set and everything seems good. At this point, I'd give them 4 stars. Then I start getting texts from Michaels about the original order which was canceled by the store. The texts say that my order has been received and that they'll let me know when it has been shipped or is ready for pick up. The text included an opt out option (Reply STOPALL to unsubscribe), so I replied "STOPALL" and received a text saying I was successfully removed. Texts did not stop.

When I once again reached out via chat, I was told that I didn't do it right. That I needed to reply "STOP" instead. I explained that that is not what the text stated. They said they didn't know why that was happening and that I should reply "STOP". So I did. And I got a text confirming that I wouldn't receive any more texts. Until I started getting texts about the cancelled order again. Again I tried "STOPALL" and "STOP" and got confirmation texts. And when I get more texts, I reached out again. The CSR I spoke with said all they could do is cancel my account. So they did. And then I got more texts. Reached out again. Supposedly, it's been escalated to Marketing and IT. We'll see if it stops. Should've spent the few extra dollars at Amazon.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I have never had a problem with returns besides this store. I will never shop here again. I ordered something and tried to cancel, Michael's said they were going to refund me but never did. They won't respond to my emails. I'm over it, they lost a customer.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I made an expensive online purchase and was sure that delivery would be free. My fault. After the payment, I discovered that I was charged almost $20. Every item was sent in a separate parcel. Are you serious?! I got eight parcels and still should go to the store to pick up the rest of the order. Unbelievable. It was my first and last time when I bought something at Michaels Store.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Michael's sends me daily (or even more) emails about their sales items. This one was for "Welcome" mats. I went to 4 different stores looking for the one I wanted. Nope. Went online. Not available for shipping. Also check all stores online - "NOT SOLD" How AM I supposed to get it then?! A few days later a new sales advertisement features the exact doormat I was looking for, yay! Nope. Still not sold or available for shipping. Next, Michael's asks me for a review. I said the same as above and added a "Good job, advertising something you don't even sell." Today I got a form letter email thanking me for my review but it "didn't conform to their needs" and I was welcome to submit another review. No explanation or attempt to correct the issue. Just 'we aren't going to post THAT on our site...' What a load of crap. Get me into the store and see if I'll buy something else...ik.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Ordered through Michaels online store. The experience was generally not terrible, once at the cart applied coupon codes for a reduction (per the offer). Cart updated and confirmed the amount on payment. Email receipt of the transaction confirms a total significantly larger. Call customer support, they are not taking calls. Not. Taking. Calls. Not a long wait, no calls. Use the chat bot, Mike Bot, unintelligent and unable to assist...would I like a rep? Yes! Sorry no reps available.

Use contact us webpage, open support ticket marked URGENT. No response...ever.

Wait on Mike Bot chat two days later, transferred to human chat, wait time over 1 hour. This rep can't help. I need to accept the shipment and pay to return the shipment. Transferred to supervisor chat. 20 min wait. Same discussion. Finally issues refund. Provides a claim #. Four days later. Packages are left outside, visa statement still shows full (incorrect) charge. Waiting on chat again...currently waited over 40 minutes. They have no business selling products online as they simply cannot support the model with any service at all.

Michaels Stores, Inc Company Information