michaels.com

4.0/5 (433 ratings)

About Michaels Stores, Inc

Michaels Stores, Inc Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michaels Stores, Inc?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Even with the Cyber Monday deals, Michaels overcharges by so much it is ridiculous. I can buy 1 bottle of dye at a few places that are $2 while Michaels charges $7 for the same thing! All the dye is way overpriced! The deals I got today are still half the price of what Michaels is charging with their "sale". I don't like companies that do not care about the customers and only $$ is important to them. Will never buy from this company.

Resolution response: Dec. 6, 2021

Update: I received the merchandise today, that I had originally bought. I still would not recommend this company as their customer service chain of command is ridiculous. Their shipping department is a nightmare. Their policies are terrible customer service. When they mess up they try to make you go out of your way and spend your time and money to make it right.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I was shipped not one but three incorrect items. The item numbers on my packing slip showed the correct items and item numbers but what I received was not that. Instead of the 6 ft. pine and eucalyptus garland (no glitter or fake snow because I hate that stuff. I want a natural look) I get a very cheap looking snowy balsam garland that I would have never purchased. I get two acrylic paints that do not match what I ordered / what was on the packing slip and I can’t use! I’ve spent hours on the phone with several c.s reps.

The first told me he would ship out the correct items and that I can throw away or donate items. Great. So I threw them out. I get an email the next day stating I will receive my “correct items” once I return all items to a store or use my gas money to drive to a UPS drop off location. It was not my mistake so why do I have to waste my time and money to make it right? Because Michaels does not care about my time or money. They don’t care about ensuring shipments are correct. They don’t care about you having to jump through hoops to talk to someone to make it right.

I finally spoke to Karen R., yesterday who assured me that items will be sent out and I don’t have to go dumpster diving for the items to return since Marco told me to donate or toss. However, I still have no email or any confirmation that I’m actually getting these items resent. I go onto my Michaels account and still only see the initial order was delivered. I have no way of tracking the items because she gave me no tracking info for the new shipments. Last year around the same time I had another bad experience with this store, never receiving my order. I spent hours on the phone trying to either get my items or my money back. This corporation is crooked.

They keep your money and items. They don’t care about customers at all. I will not be shipping here. Hobby Lobby here I come with money to spend. I will be sure to be as loud as possible on all social media and to all my friends and family to let them know to steer clear of this horrible company. I want my money or items and to never deal with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I am absolutely appalled at the customer service from Michaels online. I ordered a Christmas Tree two weeks ago and the order hadn't moved - I contacted them today to see what was going on and they told me that they could reship it but that I would have to wait another 3 days for processing and approximately another 6-9 for shipment so another 2 weeks with all of the holiday mail delays. No thank you. I then asked them to cancel the order because it hadn't even charged my account yet (per their shipping policy, it doesn't charge until its shipped) which tells me it hadn't shipped, and they refused and that they can only cancel an order for the first hour after its placed. They told me I needed to wait until the processing time is fully over and then they could see what they could do. TERRIBLE service.

I've been in this industry for 20 years and KNOW that there are other options other than waiting it out for it to charge my account, ship the tree I no longer want, and then go through the entire returning/refusing process. This entire ordering process has been nothing but a pain. IF you're going to make the decision to purchase from Michaels, do NOT do it online. They tend to have a knack for ruining the Christmas Spirit.

Resolution response: Nov. 25, 2021

Update: On 11/23/21 I randomly received a Christmas tree and was charged for it. The tree I received had a different item number and included lights, which my original order did not. I had already set up and decorated a different tree at this point because Customer service told me not to expect my order. Extremely upset, I contacted customer service on 11/24/21 and expected them to reverse the charge immediately. This is not a new concept as I have had other retailers reverse charges in the past, when they were at fault, with the contingency that the item be sent back within “x” number of days or I would be charged again. This, however, was not something Michael’s was willing to do. Long story short, customer service accepted no accountability for their mistakes, asserted I must return the tree first, and suggested a refund would be subject to inspection of the returned item.

Customer service had me send a picture of the incorrect item, however claimed I received the correct tree when it was not. Customer service then had the audacity to accuse me of trying to steal and keep the tree for free when I was persistent in having the item refunded. Customer service dismissed my concern I would be sending back an item that did not match my order.

Based on my experience with this order, it appears Michaels does not care about customer service or experience. I was told the previous customer service agent gave me misinformation. Ultimately, I am required to send back the incorrect Christmas tree (that I was never supposed to receive to begin with) and it is unknown if I will receive a full refund. I will only shop in-store from now on. This was a horrible, time consuming experience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

So Michaels had their Christmas trees on sale online so I purchased one at a reasonable price. When I placed the order, the website indicated most orders ship in about three business days. About one week passes and my order still shows "preparing." I contacted customer service who stated they needed to get in touch with the shipping department. A few hours later I received an email indicating my tree will ship in the next day or two. Another week passes and nothing shipped. I contacted customer service again and was told the tree is now out of stock so they have nothing to ship at this point.

I inquired about a comparable tree however was bluntly told no; they can only send replacement shipments for the exact item. I was offered an apology for the "inconvenience" of never having my tree shipped and the agent stated they would be disappointed too in my situation. No solution was offered to me and I was basically told, "oh well" despite this being a shipping/processing issue on their end. I felt I was given the cold shoulder by customer service.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

It was my first time ordering online from Michaels. I purchased $219 of art supplies online and they took that amount out of my bank account that day. The following day I see they charged me $135 more! I called customer service and they told me it was a “purchase verification charge”. So they took what was owed for the order then extra after that! Makes no sense! They assured me that the extra charge will be back in my bank account in 5-7 business days. They told me it was a one time charge to make sure I had the funds for the purchase. Why charge that AFTER they already took out the full payment that was due?!! On top of that I still didn’t receive all of my order and it’s being shipped in multiple separate packages on different days. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I ordered a product online October 29 2021. It was supposed to be delivered to my granddaughter in Fairfield Ct by November 5 for her bday. It is 8 days later and it has not left the warehouse yet. I’ve made numerous calls but no one can help. Apparently no one has access to the warehouse. I’m not sure where to go from here. This has been a terrible and upsetting experience as I do a lot of shopping at Michaels. This also will also cease.

Resolution response: Oct. 16, 2021

Company finally got involved after I wrote this review. They refunded the shipping, and the package actually arrived. One problem is that the person who packed the packaged it in a way that one of items I ordered scratched up the other item I ordered. One star rating remains.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I ordered products online on 10/5. On 10/12 they still had not shipped. They didn't fail to take my money though. I tried to call customer service only to get the runaround and no real action. He at one point stated he was going to cancel my order. I said, "No you are not! You need to call your shipping company and find out why my package isn't shipping." They never bothered to contact their shipping company, nor made any attempts at any real help. Wew. We are today on the 13th and still no package. You cannot log a complaint without calling the people who didn't help you. Horrible company. Do not shop with this company.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Just thought everyone would like to know that the employees do not keep their word. I was promised a refund by Tonya in June and she still has not refunded my money. I have called and emailed her numerous times and she refuses to call me back or email me. This is not good customer service!!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I recently picked up a poster I had framed at Michael's (Bissonnet St.Houston). While the framing and matting was excellent, I was extremely annoyed to find the wire hanger was not installed sufficiently. The picture sunk and the wire popped off completely as I tried to hang it on the wall for the first time. I guess I am glad that it didn't fall off the wall and break. I was lucky I was still holding it.

When I called the store, I did not get a good resolution. The best I was told was that the manager could call me back in a few weeks when he returned from vacation. I did not want to bring it back into the store and wait again for it to be fixed. I could fix it on my own but I did want them to know that someone has not been trained well and they should make sure this did not happen again. I told them I could send them pictures of the wire that disconnected but I was not willing to make another trip to the store. I paid over $150 for this job. I will think twice before frame with them again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Last summer I spent thousands of dollars at Michael’s to prepare for what I’d hoped would be a lucrative outdoor craft fair season. Mind you, I was spending $300 and $400 per purchase multiple times. I asked the cashier(s) if there was a rewards program and was told no. I asked if there was a discount for seniors, I was told no. So be it. Well, lo and behold I find out a year later (after about $3000 in purchases) that, yes there is a senior discount and yes there are rewards. Smh. In fact, I had accumulated a $20 reward. So, I go shopping online, ensure that I get my senior discount and made sure to spend over $50 so that shipping would be free and applied my $20 reward. To my disbelief- it actually cancelled out the shipping discount! Are you kidding me?! So my $20 reward turned into a $12 reward. Way to go Michael’s. You’re a real class act. NOT.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

To make it sweet and short DO NOT ORDER ONLINE. Michaels fail comply after placing my order online. They took my money and never kept track with PUROLATOR and my package went missing. Not once has Michael approach me to offer an apology or refund my money nor offer credit. This is a horrible experience. When reaching out to Michaels' customer service agents open a claim and from there you are on your own. If I had not kept track of my purchase my funds would be lost. Shame on Michaels. This company is not ready to offer great customer service online. In the store is great service at online. If I were you I would not put my money.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

As a satisfied customer of this store (in person) for over 20 years, I shopped online (due to COVID). Michaels cancelled an item ordered/confirmed, the customer outreached to their online service (chat) within 24 hrs. requesting either replacement or cancellation of order in entirety w refund. This interaction included a dropped call/chat from their support (as evidenced by no interruption of internet) without pause in efforts lasted 1.5hrs without any resolution. The next action steps were directed to the customer to follow up. Rarely do I leave negative feedback, however feel it is important to assist everyone in improved service during these challenging times. The agent's friendliness and manner was stellar. It appears the standard operating procedures need adjusting for online business.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I work with a nonprofit agency located in Asheville, NC that assists children in Foster Care and those battling mental and behavioral health issues. In my role, I seek support from business in a number of ways, many are not in a position during these times to support agencies, which we all understand. However, Jay (the representative in the Public Relations office for Michaels, located in I believe Dallas Texas) was extremely rude. From the moment this individual answered the phone it was very clear in his tone that he didn't want to have a conversation with me.

After I completed the task, Jay responded "we are broke and just hung up the phone". For someone who works with donors, businesses etc. on a regular basis, I would NEVER hang up on someone and use the tone that he chose. It is even more disappointing considering he works in Public Relations. I will never shop at Michaels again if this is how their corporate offices trains their employees to speak to members of the community that has supported their business for years.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I placed an order for over $300 and the money was immediately taken from my bank account. Soon after my order was canceled but they still had my money. It has been several days now, I still don't have a refund, and have spent several hours on the phone and in chats with their "customer service" no one will tell me why it was cancelled only that it will take 3-7 business days to have my money back.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I'd give 0 or 1/2 star if either were an option. Ordered one Lego set online for in-store pick up because it was several dollars cheaper than Amazon. The Michaels' website indicates any in-store pickup order placed before 3 pm will be available for same day pick up. My order was placed at 4:15, so I assumed it would be ready the next day. I received notification that my order was received, but no email or text indicating it was ready for pick up. Two days later, I try and check status. It's listed as "Pending." I try to find out status via both chat and phone customer service (if you'll pardon the expression). No one seemed to know what was up with my order.

One CSR told me that it actually was marked "Ready For Pickup" on her system. A different one told me it was canceled. (Glad I didn't take first person's word that it was ready.) Another one kept telling me about "Same Day Delivery" and "Free Shipping" policies even though the very first thing I said was that this was an "In Store Pick Up" order. Even after I repeated that this was an "In Store Pick Up" order, they continued to tell me about "Same Day Delivery" and "Free Shipping" policies. Turns out, the store canceled the order, but didn't notify me that they did so. And for some reason, the "Track My Order" system didn't know it was canceled.

Spoke with a CSR manager who did some checking and got to the bottom of it. She kindly extended a e-gift card which I used to order the set from a different Michaels location. So, I now have my set and everything seems good. At this point, I'd give them 4 stars. Then I start getting texts from Michaels about the original order which was canceled by the store. The texts say that my order has been received and that they'll let me know when it has been shipped or is ready for pick up. The text included an opt out option (Reply STOPALL to unsubscribe), so I replied "STOPALL" and received a text saying I was successfully removed. Texts did not stop.

When I once again reached out via chat, I was told that I didn't do it right. That I needed to reply "STOP" instead. I explained that that is not what the text stated. They said they didn't know why that was happening and that I should reply "STOP". So I did. And I got a text confirming that I wouldn't receive any more texts. Until I started getting texts about the cancelled order again. Again I tried "STOPALL" and "STOP" and got confirmation texts. And when I get more texts, I reached out again. The CSR I spoke with said all they could do is cancel my account. So they did. And then I got more texts. Reached out again. Supposedly, it's been escalated to Marketing and IT. We'll see if it stops. Should've spent the few extra dollars at Amazon.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I have never had a problem with returns besides this store. I will never shop here again. I ordered something and tried to cancel, Michael's said they were going to refund me but never did. They won't respond to my emails. I'm over it, they lost a customer.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I made an expensive online purchase and was sure that delivery would be free. My fault. After the payment, I discovered that I was charged almost $20. Every item was sent in a separate parcel. Are you serious?! I got eight parcels and still should go to the store to pick up the rest of the order. Unbelievable. It was my first and last time when I bought something at Michaels Store.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Michael's sends me daily (or even more) emails about their sales items. This one was for "Welcome" mats. I went to 4 different stores looking for the one I wanted. Nope. Went online. Not available for shipping. Also check all stores online - "NOT SOLD" How AM I supposed to get it then?! A few days later a new sales advertisement features the exact doormat I was looking for, yay! Nope. Still not sold or available for shipping. Next, Michael's asks me for a review. I said the same as above and added a "Good job, advertising something you don't even sell." Today I got a form letter email thanking me for my review but it "didn't conform to their needs" and I was welcome to submit another review. No explanation or attempt to correct the issue. Just 'we aren't going to post THAT on our site...' What a load of crap. Get me into the store and see if I'll buy something else...ik.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Ordered through Michaels online store. The experience was generally not terrible, once at the cart applied coupon codes for a reduction (per the offer). Cart updated and confirmed the amount on payment. Email receipt of the transaction confirms a total significantly larger. Call customer support, they are not taking calls. Not. Taking. Calls. Not a long wait, no calls. Use the chat bot, Mike Bot, unintelligent and unable to assist...would I like a rep? Yes! Sorry no reps available.

Use contact us webpage, open support ticket marked URGENT. No response...ever.

Wait on Mike Bot chat two days later, transferred to human chat, wait time over 1 hour. This rep can't help. I need to accept the shipment and pay to return the shipment. Transferred to supervisor chat. 20 min wait. Same discussion. Finally issues refund. Provides a claim #. Four days later. Packages are left outside, visa statement still shows full (incorrect) charge. Waiting on chat again...currently waited over 40 minutes. They have no business selling products online as they simply cannot support the model with any service at all.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Good Day, I’m having a really and I mean really hard time understanding why the store is not accepting returns. The excuse I received was because of germs and there is no date as to when returns will be accepted. You got to really be kidding me that we all can’t return items, especially at a time folks may need their money back. Your stores are open to the public but returns can’t come into the store due to germs. Please explain how an item won’t have germs on it today vs tomorrow vs next month. Germs don’t pick a date to stop showing up and this virus can be around for quite a while. Regardless when you accept returns, you are going to face germs. No different than a customer that’s in the store touching the items.

All other stores have no problem returning items. I think this is taking things to the extreme and feel it’s more a higher up decision to not lose money with the hopes people forget or lose their receipt. It is plain and simple ridiculous and if you can’t accept returns, then why is the store open to the public??? I don't know who thought this through but it’s clearly not a well thought out plan or maybe it is, with as I mentioned earlier, done with the hopes of people forgetting or losing their receipt so the store doesn’t lose money. People need to return for all different reasons and some may need to purchase what they need but can’t afford to because the return was part of the money being used. Plain and simple, if you're NOT going to accept returns, then you NEED to be closed to the public.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Ordered online at the Inglewood CA location. Went to pick up an hour later. Was told it would take up to two more hours. I was in a tight time window but moved other things around to make that possible. I called when I pulled up about 4 hours after ordering and was hung up on four times before finally got through. The same employee came out to tell me that it was in the current group of orders they were pulling but it would be another 45 minutes. I could not talk to a manager unless I called again and got through because they will not come out of the building and I could not get the small item myself because customers were not allowed in. I was goated to cancel the order instead of bothering. The worst customer service I have experienced anywhere in quite some time! Communicating effectively is clearly not a priority and over five hours (and waiting) to go to the aisle they list on the order and take this handheld item out is apparently too difficult.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I ordered one item on April 23; never received an email confirming the order or a time to pick up (both of which I had received on a previous order). So I assumed that the order had not gone through. Today I got my credit card bill - behold! I was charged for the item! Tried to get to customer service on my computer, but had to use my phone to get into the chat queue. After an hour's wait, I was connected to Karla R. who asked for the order number (none, as already noted), then my email address. Then told me that there was no record of the order. I typed in several more pieces of information, but apparently had been disconnected as soon as she said she couldn't locate it. Not helpful, not worth the wait, and rude - and I'm still charged for something I never got. I will never order from Michaels online again.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I ordered some heatnbond on 4/23/20 and was not expecting it for at least a week... Still waiting on my Joann's order... Received my Michaels pkg. on the 4/25/20... Very pleased with this order...happy...

Original review: April 25, 2020

I dropped off two canvasses to be stretched pd $190 on 3/12. I am relocating out of the country and need my canvasses back. I waited an hour on the chat, told to contact Aaron Bros. Can't get them. No updates of any kind from anybody. But, of course, you can pick up your online purchases at the store. I need my canvasses back. But no way to communicate with them. Aaron Bros. is totally unreachable.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I ordered 2 items for a total of 34.02. One shipped yesterday with a valid tracking number. I get an alert that a second charge for 15.29 to my account today and a notice that the second item has shipped with a tracking number that can't be tracked because that number is more than 120 days old (according to UPS tracking site). I have been on Michaels chatbot hold for more than 2 hours now waiting for a representative as no one is at their customer service phone line. I try to stop payment with my bank and they say I have to wait until it posts to claim fraud on the transaction... Never again will I EVER order or purchase from ANY michaels brick and mortar or online ever again!!!!

Original review: April 18, 2020

I have hardly ever had a good experience at this store. With limited competition for artists & crafters, Michaels unfortunately has the market in my town tied up. The staff needs better customer service training. They are never cheerful and always seem annoyed by questions and queries. Something must stink from the corporate headquarters on down. I recently placed an order... it did not come in despite my repeat calls to the store.

When it finally arrived late on the long weekend with covid quarantine I could not pick it up as the store was closed. It was after the required time frame a manager called to say it had finally arrived, long overdue. I could not pick up the same day he called and when I decided to pick up next day Michaels informed me they canceled the order, and too bad for me I would have to order again. Honestly, I am not pleased and will take to ordering my stuff from other sources from now on. Shop here if you must but don't expect a stellar experience. You won't find it.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I am beyond frustrated. After years and years of debating on getting a cricut maker I finally made the decision to take the dive and buy it. With everything going on right now I decided to get everything shipped to my house well because I ordered 4 things - a glue gun, glue sticks, the cricut sewing kit and the maker. Michaels has sent me so many confusing emails saying my order is on its way but sent multiple ones for pretty much each item. UPS is saying some items are coming and some are not but they have no names on what it is so I have no clue what is and isn't coming.

The money was taken out of my account and then put back but still no email saying my order was canceled. I log into my Michael's account and it says i have NO ORDER HISTORY then I have ups saying some packages should of came yesterday. Nothing came so I have ZERO CLUE on what's going on, what is coming, what isn't, who to call, how long to wait to see if my stuff will come and neither Michaels or ups has emailed me to let me know that the order was canceled. I used to think that Michaels had their stuff together but after my experience and reading SO MANY BAD REVIEWS I can see I was very sadly mistaken. Never again.

Original review: March 31, 2020

No masks, no gloves, no social distancing, no guidelines for COVID-19 being followed By the cashiers or anyone in the store. It was shocking and irresponsible, Their stores are not essential and should be closed during this epidemic.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

All I can say is that I love this store. I go to it two to three times a week because of my 10 year old daughter. She loves art and the classes Michaels offers on weekends. I love Sam the manager at the Mount Vernon Store and Pam the kids classes coordinator. I feel like home when I am there. Love their sales and coupons. I buy their candles weekly. Can’t say enough great things about this particular store.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Went to Michaels, S Tamiami Trl, Ft Myers Fri, Jan 10th 2019. Printed their coupons; read the requirements. One coupon per product; one coupon of each type per day. Was told policy changed. Walked out.

Michaels Stores, Inc Company Information