2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (421 ratings)

About Men's Wearhouse

Men's Wearhouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Wardrobe Malfunction. I was fitted for a rental tux at their Thousand Oaks CA. store. Cost of roughly $200 for one night. The pants would not stay clasped which forced me to hold them up all night. Made for a less than stellar evening. I got an ingenuous "I'm sorry" from their sales clerk. Not going back.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Just got married in October 2019 and our experience with our entire bridal party, Godfather of the Bride and the Groom was absolutely horrible. Out of 7 men and two young boys, only two tuxedos were measured correctly. The remaining tuxedos all had HIGH WATER pants! All of our men DO NOT WEAR HIGH WATER PANTS! Instead of the pants being at the regular length and sitting at top of the shoe, their pants were stopping at their ankles. This is not what we requested and this is what we kept getting at the time of their fittings! Not to mention that both my Godfather and my now husband went back THREE times with incorrect tuxedos.

My husband's tuxedo didn't even match as far as color. The jacket was a darker black than the black pants. Staff made the excuse that the jacket has more material layers than the pants! The pants were faded from being cleaned so many times! Watch out Bride-to-Be's! Don't go through the headaches that we did! The experience with the fittings was so horrible that our rehearsal dinner was DELAYED 3 HOURS because of these fitting issues!

Resolution response: Jan. 2, 2020

I finally talked with the manager and she resolved the situation for me. She was really great and very nice about everything. She said that the store will do what they can when they can. She worked with calling me as soon as she could get enough money in the store to cover my return. I will be returning to this store again since I know that the management does pay attention.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I have never shopped at Mens Wearhouse before and decided to give them a shot for buying a suit and all of the necessary things that I would need with it. A few weeks after I had purchased everything and inside of the 90 day return policy I was getting ready and trying things on before our wedding event. The shoes were not fitting well and since they had never been worn besides trying them on, I decided to return them. I went to the store to be told that they could not return them for cash as I had paid for everything in cash, and I would be given a check in the mail in 7 or so days. The event was that next day and that would not work. I have put over $1400 into purchasing everything and to return shoes around $200 and to need to get replacement shoes quickly I was now in a pinch. How can a store do this to customers that pay instantly for something in cash and can not get the instant return in the store inside of their return policy and with a receipt?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I never shopped Men's Wearhouse. About 10 months ago, I decided to give them a shot. Although their casual dress clothes and dress shirts are of great quality, their men's suits by Kenneth Cole with the Men's Wearhouse name are ridiculously cheaply made. I paid a fortune for two of these suits. I had the same problem with both of them. In the pants, the back pocket ripped out on the side that I wear my wallet. Which wouldn't be so bad, but it was $300 just to replace the pants. I find these prices for this poor quality quite abominable. I also would like to add that their tailoring department isn't the greatest. If you are going to shop here, avoid the suits. As I said, the rest is fine, but my experience with their poor quality suits has left a poor taste in my mouth. Also, salespeople are quite aggressive and pushy, which makes for a stressful shopping experience.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

WORST TUX RENTAL EXPERIENCE EVER! EVER! Went there to get measured over two weeks before the event and to pick out the tux and accessories I wanted. Went to pick it up three days before the event and it didn't even come close to fitting--I looked like a clown. The shirt was so small I couldn't button the sleeves. The pants were inches above my ankles--literally, I am not kidding, it looked like I was ready for Noah's flood--and too tight in the waist and hips. The vest could not be buttoned, and the jacket fit so poorly it was ready to rip. It was as if they had simply ignored all the measurements they had taken two weeks before or else were trying to shoehorn me into somebody else's tux!

Dorice **, Formal wear Manager, and also the person who we worked with and took all of the measurements offered all sorts of excuses about why it didn't fit, none of which made any sense, and wanted to call in a tailor to have it altered in time for the event, but if it didn't fit that morning there would have been no time to have it fixed, so forget that since I already knew they were incompetent when it came to fitting a tux. Why spend even more of my time to let them try to rectify their failure?! To top it all off, the dressing rooms were disgustingly filthy--they claimed the vacuum cleaner was broken. I guess they can't find an appliance store to buy as new one. I took the refund instead, walked out, and will never enter a Men's Wearhouse again. Never.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I purchased a pair of dress shoes for my son’s wedding. I went to Men's Wearhouse in Santa Ana and tried on a size 10-1/2 and then 11, and decided to go with the 10-1/2. Two days later I drove to Sonora (a rustic Sierra Nevada town) where one hour before the wedding I found they had boxed a size 10-1/2 and a size 9 shoe. I telephoned the manager ½ before the wedding and told him and asked what he would do about it.. He said he would take care of me. I had to wear my sneakers with my suit for the wedding. I Upon returning the shoes the next business day, the same guy who sold me the shoes attended to me. He did nothing to compensate me for their incompetent error. I was refunded the money I paid but was not even offered back the $50 awards coupon I had accrued from past patronage. I will never shop at Men's Wearhouse again!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Tried to buy a tux online. Found a great deal, but... 1) Their website kept bouncing around, up and down, making navigation very difficult. 2) I tried to read "reviews" for the product and, yes, again, their website kept malfunctioning, making it all but impossible. 3) I finally was able to choose "Buy" to purchase the tux and... rather than providing a clear path to "check out," their system aggressively forces "upsell" products on you. 4) I finally got to the checkout and... again... their incompetence shines. When I clicked on "Guest Checkout," their system captured my VISA and personal data, then when I click to finalize the purchase... instead of finalizing it, it forces me to "sign up and sign in" as a member (even though I've already chosen to check out as a "guest"). 5) I, nevertheless, foolishly sign up and sign in and... NOTHING!!!!!

So, I've wasted half an hour of my life with an incompetent company and I don't even know if a charge is going to appear on my VISA today. Tomorrow. God knows, with this incompetent group, perhaps in a year or two? So... what next???? I called their customer service. True to form, it took over 15 minutes on hold to get a person. And... guess what? When their CS person finally comes on the phone, this 3rd world company's 5th rate technology is so bad, I can literally only hear maybe every fifth or sixth word the CS rep is saying to me. After one minute, I hang up. STAY AWAY FROM THESE FOOLS!!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

My son purchased a suit from the Men's Warehouse at the Arundel Mills, MD location. However, they did not have the correct sized pants he needed. The salesperson told him that he could order them and have them sent with over night service through FedEx. So, the pants were supposed to arrive Wednesday and they didn't. Then, he spoke with the manager and she told him that she would have them sent to the store and he could pick them up this morning because he needed them by 2:00 pm to attend his best friends wedding. She said that she would call as soon as they arrived.

We called the store three times around 12:00 pm and each time we were placed on hold and no one ever picked the telephone back up to talk to us. So, I went to the store and found the manager. She pretended to check and said that she could see they were on the way and they should be there within the next 30 minutes. Well, I left and my son went there at 2:00 pm and she brings out a pair of beige sports pants. His suit was black. The wedding starts at 5:00 pm in Washington, DC and we live an hour away when it is not a Friday or rush hour. So, now he can't attend because he doesn't have anything to wear!

When I was there, another gentleman was going through the same thing. He was leaving town to attend an event this evening and they didn't have his suit. He was told that he could pick up his suit Thursday (today is Friday) but, it was there. The staff and their customer service is totally unprofessional. They will tell you anything to get your sale (looks good to management) and then leave you in a bad predicament. Don't trust anything the staff tells you. They will tell you any lie they can think of to get your money and get you out of the door!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

The whole wedding party had problems from shirts not fitting, pants too tight, shoes too big, buttons falling off. Just a complete joke. For as much money they charge to rent these suits it's just amazing they get it so screwed up.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Salesman kept pushing all kinds of items at us, even when I said these are the only things we wanted. Did not size correctly and had to exchange a shirt. I came back to use the coupon they gave me, and no matter what I picked, I always needed one more thing to use it. I did not want to get the tie at half price, I just wanted to use the coupon.

Men's Wearhouse Company Information