3.3/5 (71 ratings)

About Men's Wearhouse

Men's Wearhouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?

Original review: March 13, 2022

Awful experience. I needed a suit for a job interview. We paid for rush shipping, and two days later, still waiting. Customer service did very little to resolve the issue. Run the other way if you’re needing quality customer service!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I tried to place an order today at menswearhouse.com. it was catastrophic!!! Their website gave me an error message stating that there was an error trying to place my order and that I should please try again. So, I tried to place the order 2 more times. Then I called menswearhouse.com and their agent I spoke with tried to place the order for me twice. Both times she got the same error message on her computer. So, I checked my Online Banking App (Wells Fargo.) Whoa!! Men'sWearhouse had charged me for the item 6 times and had reversed 2 of the charges. The item was $19.99. So, I called My bank and was scheduled for callback from them.

Then, I called Men'sWearhouse.com again. The agent I spoke with there told me these exact words: "We don't know why the website does this to customers, when it gives them an error message over and over but charges them for the order each time. Our managers told us that those charges will drop off in 5-7 business days but there's nothing we can do to help you." As I began having a bit of a panic attack, I told the agent that I would like to speak with the highest ranking employee available. She told me that they cannot talk to me at that moment But that she can schedule a time for them to call me within 24-48 hours. So I had her schedule that callback.

This is disgusting. Men'sWearhouse KNOWs it happens, doesn't hire someone to fix the poor design of their website, and continues to allow their website to steal money from their customers. What if I had not noticed that Men'sWearhouse had charged me $160, minus the $40 that they reversed back to my bank account? I would have lost all of that money. Sick.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

My son went to the Deptford NJ location to purchase pants for homecoming. He had one of the people there help him and decided to get alterations done by the person on site. He picked them up the night before homecoming and the day of he put them on and they did not fit him at all. They were extremely tight. The people who work there including the manager there should be ashamed of their selves. I went in three days later to return them and the manager told me that I can’t return them because they were hemmed. My son or husband will never shop in there again and I promise I will let it be known that you guys are a disgrace.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I purchased a suit and had it fitted for alterations. Also, they measured my neck for a dress shirt I purchased. Several weeks later, the night before the wedding and in a rush, I picked up the suit. The next day before the event I discover that the alterations were never made. It was approx. 3 inches to large. When putting on my shirt the neck was too small to button. Beware of measuring and alterations.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Up to this last order, I will never place another online order with the Men's Wearhouse. I still haven't received all my order almost over a month ago. This is extremely unacceptable and poor communication. They just lost a valuable customer.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

My son purchased a suit for a wedding he was in. The first pair of pants came and were way too tight. The second pair came and he went by himself to pick them up. Two different consultants told him the pants were fine. He said they seem a little long. Again, told they were fine. Day of wedding and we are ironing the suit only to find out the pants are not hemmed at all! We were left scrambling an hour before we had to leave to find someone to hemmed them which included cutting off 4 inches. I think they just didn't want to hem them, LAZY!!! We will never again go to Men's Wearhouse.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Would never rent or purchase from here again. Service is horrible and they substitute items within your tux rental without approval. My order was changed without notice for wedding groomsmen tux. They changed pants and shoes without contacting me and no way to fix before wedding. Horrible customer service and communication. After ruining the specific look bride has chosen they did nothing to fix the situation. I will never shop here again and do not recommend renting tuxedo from here.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Mj was the consultant that helped me out, she knew what she was doing very professional. Definitely going back soon. Overall the employees are very professional, everyone greeted me welcoming once I opened the door.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I bought a suit from this store, and I paid $700. The staff was nice, but you could tell that boys in their twenties didn't know much about the fit. As a result, I had to come back 3 times because they made my pants too tight! I saw their tailor only once. All that time I had to talk with sales reps that don't know much about the fit. In the end, my pants are still tight, so now I have to go and talk with another tailor who possibly will help me because their tailor has done everything that he could. I will never come back to this store again. A perfect fit guarantee is a **.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

The worst customer service and experience. If I could give this store a -5 star rating I would. Last Sunday I went to the Men’s Wearhouse on SmithRidge in Reno because my father had died 2 days prior. I was not aware at this time about a mandatory mask mandate that has once again been forced on the people. This review is not about debating masks…It is about the extreme lack of professionalism, service, rudeness, and zero human empathy of the entire staff.

As soon as I entered (wearing no mask) the store several employees and sales staff saw me. Not a single one would do more than glance at me and then look away. Nobody came up to me and offered assistance. I would think that this type of retail and service would know that the majority of its customers will require help. For several minutes I stood there with no offers of assistance and several idle sales staff just gossiping or messing with their phone. Eventually I approached two employees that were chatting. I asked for some help and one of them told me they will not help me because I am not wearing a mask. I explained that my father just died and I was not aware of this mandate. He then smugly replied “too bad but sorry it’s our policy”.

I asked if they had a paper mask I could use or something in its place. He told me to get my own mask and offered no solution or even a remote interest in helping me in any way. During this time several employees are just staring and did absolutely nothing. I said I guess I’ll just leave then. He said “yep”. The callousness and rudeness shown to me was absolutely ridiculous. This place hires entitled rude little punks with no class or social values. They have zero business working anywhere a customer is involved. I will never go back. I have also informed all of my family, friends, and business associates of my awful experience to ensure they will look at shopping elsewhere always. You’re a waste of retail space.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

The worst quality clothing with overpriced service, with the worst customer service … Just a waste of time and money …. Just returned my purchase … Men's Wearhouse is an insult to the American business.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Went to the store to get fitted for suits that we are purchasing for our son’s wedding on Sunday the 18th. Since 6 of the 10 groomsmen live in another state we were told to send gift cards to them for their suits. On the same night we purchased the e-cards online to have them e-mailed to each of them. Charged these to a credit card and got notified from credit card company that the purchase went thru. Also got notified from Men’s Wearhouse that purchase went thru. Got e-mail on Monday morning saying that Men’s Wearhouse canceled the order because on the order my wife put Drive instead of Dr on our address. After talking to a very rude lady in customer service we had to cancel that order and start all over again.

On Monday evening we put in the same order on a different credit card. Got verification that card went thru then got verification from Men’s Wearhouse that order went thru. Then on Tuesday morning again they canceled the order. The excuse this time was the computer system is sensitive to gift cards. As of today 5 days later still haven’t been refunded any money on either credit card. Talked to the same rude lady today and she said she needed fax number and what department to send a paper to so my money can be refunded. Called credit card companies. They said they haven’t heard of this and they don’t give out phone numbers. I have to wait 10 days to see if Men’s Wearhouse refunds my money if not we are going to file fraud charges.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Just like the other reviewers have noted, I placed an online order and it was canceled multiple times. I have a cumulative $1600 floating in the ether on a $600 order. It takes forever for the funds to be restored, and after placing the order again, over the phone which I assured would prevent further issues, and it was canceled again.

Original review: July 2, 2021

This website is a scam. They will just cancel your order when the time comes. No refund yet, charged my card, says order shipped, day it’s supposed to arrive it gets canceled lol. Never ordering from here again. McDonald’s could do a better job than you fools.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Paid for a suit last night. Money was taken out of my account. Woke up this morning to see my order was cancelled but no explanation why. Still haven’t refunded my money for the first order. Has to reorder that same suit trying a different billing address and hope it actually works this time. Just wish they gave an explanation before canceling orders.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Poor quality and expensive for what you get. Unhappy with the fit of the suit. So the money spent you could get better quality. Port selection of suits in the material not of what I would expect in a quality suit. Doors difficult to get into.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I went to Men's Wearhouse because they sell excellent suits. My first suit was sold to me by Lauren and she was a gem! I decided to buy another suit from them because I had signed up for their rewards program and already had some money to redeem. I purchased a suit online to take to the store to have fitted. That was a Saturday morning. 5:37 Sunday morning I received an email saying the sale was cancelled, no reason why. I called and they told me it was because of my bank; ironically the sale had already been cleared by my bank. Ok so I purchased the same suit again to be picked up at another store close by. After not hearing anything I called and the toll free person told me they didn't have the suit. I called the store and they placed me on hold so long I actually drove there and showed the manager that 35 minutes later I was still on hold. No surprise. He was as clueless as a 3 year old. Never again will I put myself through this. Horrible company.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Went in store on March 7, 2020 to be fitted for suit. This was for my son's wedding on June 6, 2020. tried contacting the company multiple times with no success until June 2. The suit was sent to my house late in the afternoon June 4. Tried suit on the shirt is so large that 2 people my size could fit in shirt, the pants are a good 3 to 4 inches short, the jacket sleeves just barely go half way down forearm. Now this is 2 days before wedding. So needless to say I will not be in same suit as the rest of wedding party. They were wise enough to change companies and order suits. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS!! PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: May 30, 2020

We received the WORST customer service from this place. Honestly, if I could give it zero stars I would. Our wedding was May 30th. We submitted our order weeks in advance. They did not send suit rentals until the week of the wedding! The groom didn’t even get his suit until the THURSDAY BEFORE!!! None of the suits fit right despite being measured.

I understand that due to COVID-19 their stores were closed and they could not have us try on in store. But to wait until the absolute last minute to send the suits out? The groom can’t even exchange for the right fit because there’s no time. How does this even happen?! It’s as if they just picked suits of the same color and hoped for the best. You’d think with their stores being closed they would do more to make sure their service was impeccable. My dad had to get a new suit and his jacket sleeves are sewn so poorly they aren’t even.

Their customer service? A joke. You literally wait on hold for hours to speak to someone. The groom called at 10 when their phone lines opened and didn’t get through until after 12. His request needed to be put in by 12. For as much money as you pay, this place is a ridiculous joke. When talking to a customer service rep, my fiancé asked what he should do if his suit didn’t fit. The rep literally said “well, then you’re screwed.” Who says that?! Worst customer service ever, worst business experience ever. I will NEVER go through Men’s Wearhouse again, and I will never ever recommend this place to anyone. So ridiculous. To say I’m frustrated is a complete understatement.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Stores closed due to COVID. There was absolutely no information or updates on our tuxes for wedding. For weeks we couldn’t get anyone on the phone. Finally their phones are up and running but the wait was over an hour long. Once they answered, no one would give us a straight answer about how to get the tuxes or when they would arrive. Completely unacceptable. I understand businesses are hurting, but you need to honor the events that are still happening. Awful customer service. We will absolutely not be using them again in the future.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Our daughter’s wedding is this Saturday May 30. After calling 3 times and being on hold for 30 minutes each time, every sorry individual we spoke with has told us untruthfully that my husbands tux would get to us in time. The last person we spoke with yesterday stated that it would be shipped today Tuesday, May 26. By 5:00, no email had been received that it was shipped so we called.

Again, after being on hold for 27 minutes we finally were able to speak with a patronizing arrogant woman who frankly treated my husband like a child. He never lost his temper nor raised his voice and as he explained to her he is the father of the bride and the wedding is in 3 days, she had the audacity to tell him to count to ten and relax. Never in all my days, and we are business owners, have I ever had a person make a comment like that. How absolutely unprofessional and rude was this incompetent sorry excuse for a person. This company is not at all concerned for their customers especially the ones who have paid in advance. I suggest anyone and everyone to go to anyone else but this sorry business to obtain tuxes. There are other companies out there and I only wish we had utilized them instead of this joke of a company. Disgraceful!!!!

Original review: April 26, 2020

I Have never shopped at Men’s Wearhouse before. Thought I would give them a try. On March 7, 2020 I purchased a suit for $367 needed to be altered. I left and came back on March 9, 2020 and told them I changed my mind and wanted to return the suit. The salesperson went in the back room and came back with just the pants and said they sent the jacket out to be altered and so he could not do a refund until it comes back on March 24. On March 17 I received an email saying they were temporarily closed but would have limited staff to handle online orders alterations and etc. I called on March 24 to get my refund. nobody answered. I went to the store. There was nobody there. I sent an email and got a response in the next day that said that they would take care of it when they opened on April 7.

I sent several more emails telling them this was not acceptable. They had my suit still they had my money and there was no reason why they could not refund my money electronically because I paid with a credit card. Every time they refused to do anything about it and said that they would do it when they re-opened. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at which time I found out they have a D-rating with them. Today is April 26, 2020 I still have heard nothing about a refund or a response to my Better Business Bureau complaint. I DO NOT-recommend this company to anybody. Please DO NOT buy or rent anything if you read the reviews. They HAVE very poor customer service.

Original review: April 2, 2020

DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM. NOT NOW, NOT EVER. Literally the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. If anyone is still proceeding with their wedding or prom, or whatever your event is and has ordered tuxes from Men's Wearhouse, they just informed me through their ridiculous texting that they would not be fulfilling any orders until they open their stores back up on May 4th. I asked for a refund so we could get other tuxes and they advised that they couldn't do that either until they opened stores back up.

They just sent out emails last week asking if dates were still on and if people were still continuing with events and someone would be at the store to fulfill the rentals, but apparently they ARE NOT. My wedding is 8 days away and they haven't even bothered to let us know, and had I not texted them today, I still wouldn't have known. Their stores have been closed for 2 weeks or more at this point, there's no excuse for this, so buy or rent your suits from LITERALLY anywhere else. Like literally anywhere.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Wardrobe Malfunction. I was fitted for a rental tux at their Thousand Oaks CA. store. Cost of roughly $200 for one night. The pants would not stay clasped which forced me to hold them up all night. Made for a less than stellar evening. I got an ingenuous "I'm sorry" from their sales clerk. Not going back.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Just got married in October 2019 and our experience with our entire bridal party, Godfather of the Bride and the Groom was absolutely horrible. Out of 7 men and two young boys, only two tuxedos were measured correctly. The remaining tuxedos all had HIGH WATER pants! All of our men DO NOT WEAR HIGH WATER PANTS! Instead of the pants being at the regular length and sitting at top of the shoe, their pants were stopping at their ankles. This is not what we requested and this is what we kept getting at the time of their fittings! Not to mention that both my Godfather and my now husband went back THREE times with incorrect tuxedos.

My husband's tuxedo didn't even match as far as color. The jacket was a darker black than the black pants. Staff made the excuse that the jacket has more material layers than the pants! The pants were faded from being cleaned so many times! Watch out Bride-to-Be's! Don't go through the headaches that we did! The experience with the fittings was so horrible that our rehearsal dinner was DELAYED 3 HOURS because of these fitting issues!

Resolution response: Jan. 2, 2020

I finally talked with the manager and she resolved the situation for me. She was really great and very nice about everything. She said that the store will do what they can when they can. She worked with calling me as soon as she could get enough money in the store to cover my return. I will be returning to this store again since I know that the management does pay attention.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I have never shopped at Mens Wearhouse before and decided to give them a shot for buying a suit and all of the necessary things that I would need with it. A few weeks after I had purchased everything and inside of the 90 day return policy I was getting ready and trying things on before our wedding event. The shoes were not fitting well and since they had never been worn besides trying them on, I decided to return them. I went to the store to be told that they could not return them for cash as I had paid for everything in cash, and I would be given a check in the mail in 7 or so days. The event was that next day and that would not work. I have put over $1400 into purchasing everything and to return shoes around $200 and to need to get replacement shoes quickly I was now in a pinch. How can a store do this to customers that pay instantly for something in cash and can not get the instant return in the store inside of their return policy and with a receipt?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I never shopped Men's Wearhouse. About 10 months ago, I decided to give them a shot. Although their casual dress clothes and dress shirts are of great quality, their men's suits by Kenneth Cole with the Men's Wearhouse name are ridiculously cheaply made. I paid a fortune for two of these suits. I had the same problem with both of them. In the pants, the back pocket ripped out on the side that I wear my wallet. Which wouldn't be so bad, but it was $300 just to replace the pants. I find these prices for this poor quality quite abominable. I also would like to add that their tailoring department isn't the greatest. If you are going to shop here, avoid the suits. As I said, the rest is fine, but my experience with their poor quality suits has left a poor taste in my mouth. Also, salespeople are quite aggressive and pushy, which makes for a stressful shopping experience.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

WORST TUX RENTAL EXPERIENCE EVER! EVER! Went there to get measured over two weeks before the event and to pick out the tux and accessories I wanted. Went to pick it up three days before the event and it didn't even come close to fitting--I looked like a clown. The shirt was so small I couldn't button the sleeves. The pants were inches above my ankles--literally, I am not kidding, it looked like I was ready for Noah's flood--and too tight in the waist and hips. The vest could not be buttoned, and the jacket fit so poorly it was ready to rip. It was as if they had simply ignored all the measurements they had taken two weeks before or else were trying to shoehorn me into somebody else's tux!

Dorice **, Formal wear Manager, and also the person who we worked with and took all of the measurements offered all sorts of excuses about why it didn't fit, none of which made any sense, and wanted to call in a tailor to have it altered in time for the event, but if it didn't fit that morning there would have been no time to have it fixed, so forget that since I already knew they were incompetent when it came to fitting a tux. Why spend even more of my time to let them try to rectify their failure?! To top it all off, the dressing rooms were disgustingly filthy--they claimed the vacuum cleaner was broken. I guess they can't find an appliance store to buy as new one. I took the refund instead, walked out, and will never enter a Men's Wearhouse again. Never.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I purchased a pair of dress shoes for my son’s wedding. I went to Men's Wearhouse in Santa Ana and tried on a size 10-1/2 and then 11, and decided to go with the 10-1/2. Two days later I drove to Sonora (a rustic Sierra Nevada town) where one hour before the wedding I found they had boxed a size 10-1/2 and a size 9 shoe. I telephoned the manager ½ before the wedding and told him and asked what he would do about it.. He said he would take care of me. I had to wear my sneakers with my suit for the wedding. I Upon returning the shoes the next business day, the same guy who sold me the shoes attended to me. He did nothing to compensate me for their incompetent error. I was refunded the money I paid but was not even offered back the $50 awards coupon I had accrued from past patronage. I will never shop at Men's Wearhouse again!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Tried to buy a tux online. Found a great deal, but... 1) Their website kept bouncing around, up and down, making navigation very difficult. 2) I tried to read "reviews" for the product and, yes, again, their website kept malfunctioning, making it all but impossible. 3) I finally was able to choose "Buy" to purchase the tux and... rather than providing a clear path to "check out," their system aggressively forces "upsell" products on you. 4) I finally got to the checkout and... again... their incompetence shines. When I clicked on "Guest Checkout," their system captured my VISA and personal data, then when I click to finalize the purchase... instead of finalizing it, it forces me to "sign up and sign in" as a member (even though I've already chosen to check out as a "guest"). 5) I, nevertheless, foolishly sign up and sign in and... NOTHING!!!!!

So, I've wasted half an hour of my life with an incompetent company and I don't even know if a charge is going to appear on my VISA today. Tomorrow. God knows, with this incompetent group, perhaps in a year or two? So... what next???? I called their customer service. True to form, it took over 15 minutes on hold to get a person. And... guess what? When their CS person finally comes on the phone, this 3rd world company's 5th rate technology is so bad, I can literally only hear maybe every fifth or sixth word the CS rep is saying to me. After one minute, I hang up. STAY AWAY FROM THESE FOOLS!!!!

Men's Wearhouse Company Information