1.41/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Louis Vuitton

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 4, 2018

229 Louis Vuitton Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I purchased a handbag yesterday at a store in Massachusetts and thought the in-store experience was wonderful, but my calls to client services prior were astronomically terrible. I had to call FOUR times to receive answers to simple questions and instead of getting the answers I needed, I had to piece together store policy based on each conversation. One woman even lied to me… Here’s a breakdown of what I was told on each call. 1) “You cannot order over the phone but you can call the store to make sure they have the bag in stock… they seem to have a bunch of your bag in stock.”

2) “Who told you could call the store?” and “You can only make a phone order if you have shopped with us before.” I pass the phone to my mother who has shopped at LV. “Ma’am, your last purchase was in 2014.” She never said that the person had to have shopped within the year. I am sorry we did not meet your “clientele” because we have been shopping so much at Gucci and forgot. 3) “We cannot look at inventory at stores due to Valentine’s Day coming up.” Me: “The rep I spoke to 10 minutes ago did so.” Her: “All of a sudden my computer just crashed! Let me take down your number.” Obviously, no callback. 4) Nice male rep: “Of course I can look at the inventory! That store has 2 in stock and the other store has 4.” Fourth call was a charm.

So why did it take 4 calls to get a simple answer of whether I could order over the phone and where I could find inventory for a product? Plausible answers are that you are not properly training sales reps OR want to make it incredibly hard for people to make purchase. I almost purchased a Gucci bag out of spite. Please do better.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Jan. 11 I ordered the Neverfull MM in Monogram with Cherry interior by mistake (had two items in cart and deleted the wrong item). As soon as it arrived I contacted Client Services and they informed so I was able to do the exchange my local LV store in Saint Louis. Upon arrival, I found the correct bag- Neverfull Damier Ebene MM in Rose Ballerine. There were a total of four bags left in their inventory. I went through each bag and they were damaged! Pen marks, heavy glitter, dirt, and heavy use. I found one that by first look seemed good. Did the exchange and SA insisted on Hot Stamp. I agreed. She boxed it up after stamping and I was on my way.

When opening the box, the handles were damaged (heavy wrinkling only seen in bags over 2 years old) and hot stamp was crooked! I ended up speaking with Julian in Client Services Escalation and he informed me the store will exchange due to the damage. The store refused to work with me after numerous trips and manager stating, "The handles are dyed and wrinkling is caused right away. The hot stamp isn't crooked." Thought I was losing my mind and posted the damage on LV forums. People agreed, it was BAD for a bag that wasn't used and purchased just 24 hours prior.

Needless to say, I fought with the store many times in attempt to get it worked out and Julian (shining star!!) tried to get a resolution. Even the Escalation Dept acknowledged the damage was too severe. Eventually, Corporate got involved and forced the store to do either a return or exchange. I ended up exchanging for the GM Azur in Rose Ballerine. While I could have demanded compensation for the two weeks wasted and $82.98 in gas wasted, I will just cut my ties with LV and move to Gucci. Why 3 stars? Julian and Jason from Springfield Client Services. These two made it possible to get the situation resolved! Would I go back to Frontenac (Saint Louis)? Never again in this lifetime!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My husband bought me a $800 sunglasses from Louis Vuitton in Short Hills, NJ 5 years ago. I wore just 1 time in first year and lenses fell off. (Unfortunately Lenses lost in the park. I cannot find them. I just have the frame still...) I went back but they cannot replace (They said this model was long time ago. They don’t have anymore???). Why I pay $800 for brand name sunglasses but they aren’t behind their products? And their customer service is horrible. I did love and have some handbags even luggage from LV but now, I never ever go their store even take a look. No more Louis Vuitton in my accessories collection.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Tried to return a bag to exchange. Very disinterested difficult staff. The bags leather pattern was not consistent and patchy and the bag had creases. On purchasing was told I could exchange/obtain refund but this was not the case. I will take it up with head office but from reading other reviews I am not expecting to get any joy there. Will never purchase anything from this brand again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I bought a pair of 800.00 Louis Vuitton gloves, and wore them 3 times and they ripped at the seam! Obviously a defect in the leather! Sadly, they refused to repair or replace! I will never purchase anything Louis Vuitton, again! If they do not stand behind their product that says much about them. I have bought leather gloves for less than a 100.00 without a name brand and am happy to say have had them 20 years! Who is making LOUIS VUITTON?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I took a LV bag to the LV store in Tucson, AZ at the LaEncantada Mall. I wanted it refurbished, new strap, inside re-done, piping, etc. I had this bag re-done in the same manner when I left it with the NYC LV store on 5th Avenue in 2008. They did an excellent job, refurbishing with the same color leather, etc. NOT SO, at the Tucson LV store!! They charged an exuberant amount, but I really liked the little bag so decided to go with the repair cost. OMG!! I got it back and it looked like a KNOCK OFF!!! They put the yellowish color leather on it and this lame clasp with a magnet and every time you bumped it; it would come open. I complained and complained and was told, 'oh that is the leather we use on all bags, blah, blah, and that it would change color over time!! I told them I would die of old age before the leather changed color.

I pointed out to them several bags on their website which had the darker, tan-ish color leather on them and they said no that was not the case. Well, I am not sure who is color blind!! I am pretty sure it is not me!! My bag had the tan-ish color handle, etc. when I purchased it and when the NYC store restored it. I sent it back to have the lame clasp replaced. I was told they had NOT replaced the clasp when they re-did the bag but they would replace it as a courtesy!!! NOT ONLY ARE THEY COLOR BLIND, THEY ARE BLIND AS WELL!!! I used that bag solely since 2008!! The closure was all scratched of course from trying to put the clasp in the circular hole to close the bag over time. And, it went deep into the circular closure and snapped.

When the bag came back to me, the clasp was all SHINY and had a blue piece of saran wrap over it. And they insulted my intelligence by trying to tell me that clasp was on my bag when they received it!!! It cost me 19.50 to send it FedEx back to them to replace the clasp. I asked they credit my card for that amount and of course no response to my many requests. It is so pathetic looking, I used a pair of large scissors, cut it in half and threw it in the dumpster with my trash. I would never own a LV bag again!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Bought a bag online, advertised on their website as 14.1" wide x 18.1" high. For those of you who have any idea of dimensions this would make a big handbag. What I received instead was a little tiny purse-like item. Spoke to their customer service (very un-intelligent, unprofessional, disgraceful staff that shouldn't even work at McDonald's), who after much effort was able to mumble that there no mistakes on their website and therefore they must have sent me wrong item. Returned the item asked for exchange assuming it was wrong item. Spoke again to their customer service (different person, same thing probably no high school diploma) and they tried to explain that somehow "ummmm maybe you supposed to like wrap the tape measure around the bag". Hung up disgusted, sent an e-mail to customer service noting I'll hold them responsible for false advertising.

Following my e-mail, I got a call from a Hillary ** from customer service, allegedly to do things over the phone and not in writing, I wonder why... She much apologized for the misleading info on their web, after which stated that the bag it's supposed to be measured from bottom, then the air in between, that up to the end of the handles... To which I said, "Ok so do you see anything wrong with that, like if I add a 30 ft rope to my 20 ft boat should I advertise and sell my boat as a 50 ft one?" She thought that was very funny. Anyway, I told her I don't want any replacement bags, I want my money back. She said fine, she'd take care of that.

Two (2) days after the above conversation, I get an e-mail stating, "Hey, your replacement bag is on your way to you..." again after we agreed that there would be no replacement but my money back. Called my credit card yesterday and disputed the charge, as apparently cannot get anything ever accomplished. Not sure where and how they hire their staff, and wishing them to go out of business as soon as possible.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I purchased a purse during our Christmas vacation and decided to return because my wife found something else that fits more for her personality. I returned the item at the Louis Vuitton store in San Diego within the 14 day return policy and the associate there, happened to be a team lead, was not happy. He said things that made us feel uncomfortable and made Louis Vuitton company look very cheap. I mean we, consumers, change our mind all the time, especially during the holiday season, and the company and/or its associate has no business to tell consumers to "make sure next time you spent enough time to find what you really like so you don't have come back and return." This speaks lowly of a big company like Louis Vuitton. I'm very disappointed at its customer service and will not return to this store. It can't compare to any other stores out there. What a shame!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I am a UK citizen and my wife and I were taking a holiday in the South of France, back in October 2017. My wife purchased a man's jacket (circa EUR 3,000) from the Louis Vuitton store in Cannes. At the time we asked the Sales Assistant and she confirmed each time that we were at Liberty to refund the jacket within 30 days of purchase. To cut a long story short, it is now 27th December 2017 and we have yet to receive our refund. Initially, we had to take the Jacket to their Flagship store in Central London, where the jacket was despatched internally back to the Cannes Store. I have been in touch many times each week with their UK Client Services who have been extremely polite, and they have made the right noises. However they have still been unsuccessful in arranging a simple IBAN Funds Transfer.

Be extra cautious with this company as Terms and Conditions vary between different countries. The UK standards are not the same as the standards in France. This could well be the same for the US too. It appears to me that they are stalling with this payment more than ten weeks later!! My wife and I are most distressed by this tardy behaviour and wanted to publicise this experience to others to shame them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I bought a Neverfull tote bag MM, when it arrived, the bag is folded on both edges, so I called customer service to send me a bigger one that will accommodate the size of the bag. The agent told me to drive to Baltimore or Atlantic to get a box that will accommodate the bag!!! THAT IS WHY I BUY ONLINE FOR ME NOT TO DRIVE!!! I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Tried to buy my wife an overpriced bag for Christmas, depending on the minute depends of I can add it to my cart or not. Then I talk to someone on the hotline and they tell me it is not available and I can't but it buy it from a store over the phone either because I haven't bought a bag in store in the last 12 months. They find a store that might sell it to me, and they never call me. So I call again and I get hung up on.

Then I have to tell my wife I can't manage to get the bag, but then she logs into her LV account and viola, she can order the bag, that I was just told it's not available. Not only is it overpriced they are completely rude when you call them. I can see no reason it is worth what you pay beside society had put a highly inflated price on these status symbols. This is what is wrong with this country corporations want to take your money for little in return. Thanks for wrecking my surprise for my wife and putting me through a day of stress trying to find this overpriced piece of cowhide. I still have a hard time justifying what makes these bags so valuable besides status. Exactly what I expected from the world's most valuable luxury brand.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

After looking everywhere for months and watching online I finally found one favorite pm available and bought it. I waited and waited and no email confirmation, called them back and they said they had none available. She said she didn’t know why they processed purchase because there are none available so she cancelled the transaction.

I kept checking the stores and online and finally one online became available, it was sent to me and completely defective, it’s almost like Louis is making their own cheap knock offs of their own brand. The tag on the inside was square not oblong like the pic on the LV website and the clasp on the front was off centered all the way to the side. I took it to the local store and they said it was embarrassing. They offered to send it back for an exchange and informed me that I could not be put on the waitlist for next available because it’s the holidays. It’s obvious that Louis Vuitton does not inspect their bags before shipping, this was so obvious. Their customer service and products seem to be decreasing, it’s sad because I’ve always loved their stuff, this is my 4th bag but 6th Louis product I’ve bought but this is my last.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Please think twice before you invest so much money into buying a LV bag. If anything goes wrong with the bag, the customer service both at the store and corporate level is extremely poor. They don’t attend to your problem at all. In fact one of the customer service agent hung up on me saying there is nothing they can help me with.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My husband ordered a Pochette Mini for me at the end of October, the associate at the 1-800 number said we would have it in a week. A week goes by we call back. They said oh they don't have anymore. I said, "How could that be? They had 9 in Las Vegas last week when we called". So I called again. Someone promised to call me back and didn't. So I called back and asked to speak with a manager. None available so a young lady put me through to the Plano, Texas store and what do you know they had both, the Mini Pochette and the Pochette Metis. So she sent me both which was very nice.

Then I called back to see if they had any of the regular Pochettes and I spoke to 2 men who really didnt give a rip about customer service and who not so delicately explained to me that during the holiday season certain customers will get preferential over me. They had 21 Pochettes but he would not call and get one for me because they have the right to hold them for "good customers." I couldn't believe he had the nerve to actually say it. Yes I realize the SAs hold things back for their "good clients" but to have them actually say it. Then I ask who I can write to. He actually laughed like it wouldn't make a difference. They are hiring young twits that really do not care about the customer. I will never walk in another Louis Vuitton again or order from them again due to very nasty treatment.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I ordered the NEVERFULL MM through phone and first, there was a delay in shipping. Then when the bag actually arrived, it came in as a NEVERFULL P (one size down)!!! I paid for M and you gave me P: such a good deal for you!!! I immediately called and the sales associate asked me to exchange for the correct one in the local store, and she suggested me to go to Las Vegas or LA's store because I said I live in California! Man, California is HUGE and I live in SF! She said there's nothing in SF so she asked me to ship the wrong item bag.

They don't even offer UPS pick up service! I need to correct for THEIR MISTAKE, by taking the bag to a local UPS center??! If they shipped me one size up they must be worried to death! Their sales associates are suck at providing instruction because they have no idea how big each State is and they assume when they spell the store name I should know where it is, as if there is only one Saks or Bloomingdale in the entire country!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased a Sully MM bag in April of 2014 ($1800). The buckles started fading within months (less than a year). I called the LV store in Nashville and was told that it was normal wear and tear. Then ten months in, I notice tearing on the corners of the bottom of the purse... Sent pictures at first then decided to return it to the store before the "year warranty" was up. I was told they do not replace anything with tears on the canvas and that it was normal wear and tear. I explained that I don't carry the bag everyday to have this type of normal wear and tear. The salesperson was like, "Oh well..." A friend told me to try another store in which I did, (New Orleans) but after jumping hoops I am still stuck with an expensive bag that I am embarrassed to carry. Dooney and Bourke is a FAR better purse. Quality is amazing and they stand by their more affordable products.

LV can kick rocks...and bricks. And funny when I see other people with this style, they have the same issue and was told the same thing. You would think there would be a recall, better help offered to resolving the issues or even a class action lawsuit. I am so disappointed even after years has passed. I even asked if leather patches could be sewn on to fix the problem and was told no.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I live nowhere near a LV store. I have called them to attempt to order a Neverfull, and boy was I surprised how rude the woman was. I'm discussing dropping 2 grand on a handbag and she just was rude and condescending. I gave up and called a second time- they are not helpful, they will not problem solve, they just act like you are bothering them. I am shocked that so many people had similar experiences. I will not be buying a LV bag ever after reading all of this. My cousin had a LV bag from the store- brand new, and when I was inspecting it, the trim color on the leather, looked like my daughter painted it. I would have sworn it was a fake. It is evidently common knowledge that LV customer service is the worst. I swear, I will be buying a replica if I ever see a LV bag I love. But I won't invest thousands in a luxury company that has customer service equivalent to Wal-Mart.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Every time I call them, they don't sound very helpful, I tried to let it pass for several times, but I think all of them does not sound very friendly at all. I received my red Pochette Metis crooked, so initially I asked for exchange, but then I realized they won't processed your exchange 14 days after they received the items you returned, so basically, after several days while the return is on its way, I've changed my mind and wanted a different item, when I called them, they said I cannot do it because the exchange is already in process, already in process when they just received my exchange that day??? But will take them 14 days to process the exchange??? Does not make sense at all. But then again, I wouldn't mind and maybe just let this one pass again, but the sound of her voice is just so arrogant!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

If I could give this company zero stars, I would. I took my bag in for repair and considered investing in a new bag. The sales associate advised that it was in great shape and worth repairing. Failed to tell me the leathers would not match. Contacted the complaint department and the managers and they did nothing to resolve my issue. Was offered a bottle of champagne when I picked up the bag as if the champagne would make it better and fix my bag. These are luxury bags. You’re spending thousands of dollars and yet this is how they treat their returning customers. Will never buy another Louis Vuitton again!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Horrible client/customer service. I have a repair that LV will not return my call. They keep referring to the Galleria Houston store who clearly has poor management as when I went in I was told Mgr went on a two month vacation. Sorry. Customer service mgr Andrea Takes my bag and says she will follow personally. I have yet to hear from her since. Client service says with each call they will have the store to phone me. Weeks now and much wasted time still nothing. So disappointing. I will not be wasting my money in the future or my time with a company that does not value their customers.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Wow, speechless at the negative reviews, remember LV is a luxury brand. As such, once you have placed ALL your credit cards in a wallet and decide it is just too big for you and try to return, yes it is considered used. If you were the next buyer, would you buy that item that you tried to return? Hell no! And just like any other items, if you spill anything in the bag, chances are you will not get the stain or smell out. So why would you expect that LV can fix that for you? I have to say that I do have 10 LVs, I take care of all my bags and love them. I use a liner or organizer inside, I keep my spillables in makeup cases, etc. If I damage the bag, I did it so tough ** for me. But I would not insist that LV fix it. Customer service has been excellent each time. I think you reap what you sow, if you are rude to them, why would you expect them to be nice to you (even though you may think they should)?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

This is so ridiculous. I called to place my order with a Representative, And was treated very rudely. First of all I was never notify my order was not processed, Until I took the initiative of investigating on my own. Secondly I call to explain to the customer representative what happen. She never offer me to place another order. I Requested to process the order with a different Card if needed so my account would not be blocked, I explain to her this was a gift for my husband and I was expecting it by Weds, and if she could do any exception, shipping it faster at no charge, considering the situation.

She didn't offer me anything, but the normal 5 day complimentary free shipping. I told her I didn't considered this acceptable and her response was... "Well don't place the order then." I cannot believe you have this type of customer service. Zero consideration on the situation I am right now, because of your poor system of communication. I have always placed orders online, because we don't have a Louis Vuitton store in our Área. Now I am being blocked For purchased online or over the phone for no reason.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I received my Iena MM with a rift on the sides of the box. I was a little disappointed because I was hoping to get a perfect package. I then open the box and was not satisfied with the indentation of the bag. I called Louis Vuitton right away and demanded an exchange. They emailed me an authorization # for the exchange. On the next day however, I decided I will just return the item because I worry that they might send another one with indentation creases. I called Louis Vuitton client services and the guy that answered the call told me that he doesn't have the authorization to issue a return label. He then added that I have to wait 2 days to call back and wait for a full refund authorization instead. I trusted the guy, but after 2 days I called again asking as to why I have to wait to get a return label for a full refund. He then put me on hold and he (Eryn) told me that he changed it to a refund instead of an exchange and it should be all good.

I ship the item back with the return authorization #. I was able to tracked that they received the package on September 1st. I called back today September 14 asking if they have any update on the refund. The guy who answered the phone treated me like a dirt and won't help with my concern. I never use the bag. I hope and pray that they won't pull any type of scam suggesting that the purse was used. Their customer service doesn't represent a high-end product as this people doesn't even care. They don't even have the basic phone etiquette nor any basic values of a customer care representative. I wish that they would pull those calls. I will never ever buy any product from this company again because of their bad/poor low down customer service. Please give me my money back! Worst customer service experience today September 14, 2017. 8:33 AM (date and time of call).

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I bought a Speedy B30 in Hong Kong 8 months ago and noticed cracking on several spots near the zipper. Before I made the long trip to an LV store I searched online and found this thread which made me concerned about returning the bag. I emailed the SA in Hong Kong and had a reply that cracks cannot be fixed, however, as part of the international policy I can bring in to a local LV store in my country (Philippines). They examined the bag and initially was asked to wait for 8 weeks for repair. The SA showed the bag to the repair expert and on the spot offered to replace the bag. I opted to upgrade to a Montaigne and had the cles stamped. They provided me drinks while I was busy looking through other options. Overall, the experience was pleasant and not at all intimidating.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Don't know where to start. So I've been looking for this limited bag that they made so much of and won't be making it again, so I called client services to see if any stores still had it. So she told me yes, there was 2 in stock. The only thing was I would have to fly to that island to get it. Sorry I live in Hawaii so there's several islands here. So I called to check if I could do a phone order. So this time I was talking to another person. So he asked did you purchase something with us in the past 6-12 months and I said "no my last purchase was in 2015." So he said "no we can't do a phone order". I was like "What." This is my 6 purse I'm purchasing and I can't do phone order because I didn't buy anything within the last year. OMG. I find that so absurd and prejudice. Um really? Yes if you have a lot of money you can afford to buy from Louis all the time.

I'm just an average working human being who saved up to buy this bag only to tell me the only way I could get it was to fly up there and buy it. No ifs ands or buts. Yes they have that attitude will like "Oh well too bad for you." So my question to them was "So if I happen to have bought it online they would have to ship it to me?" That's the same darn thing but they had no answer for me. Then they said I could purchase it over the phone but still needed to fly up there to pick it up. They just didn't make no sense to me at all. Bottom line I guess shipping was a problem for them. Don't get it. I just won't deal with them anymore. Invest in another brand.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I received a handbag that belonged to my sister after she had passed away. She had a number of designer bags and I chose the one I admired the most. She loved hand bags and had a number of them as she constantly was switching off. This particular bag was like brand new when I received it. I used it a couple of times as I like switching purses also. I used it a couple of times and could see that where the metal parts that were attached to the leather tabs that hold the handles on was wearing away on one side of the purse. I used it this weekend and finally the handle wore through and I was holding the handle by one strap as the other one had ripped completely off. I don't know if she had ever registered this handbag but found a tag in the purse with the numbered **. I also have the cloth bag that it came in. This is so disappointing to me as it was a remembrance of her.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I've read many reviews and agree with many who have had a bad experience. I stopped buying LV's for about 5 years. Recently my sister asked her to help her purchase a purse and I called and nothing has changed. Customer service talk like they are indifferent and don't care if you buy the product. For a luxury brand among many, LV has the worst customer service. Sales people act that they can care less if you purchase the product. If issues or problems arise with a purchase they automatically assume it's the customer fault without really listening to the customer. I have taken my money somewhere and will continue to do so. Good luck LV and I hope you stay in business. I want people to realize that you have options and why buy anything from a company that does not put their clients first.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I honestly don't know where to start with this review. As someone who does a lot of online shopping I thought the customer service I would receive from Louis Vuitton would be far superior than any other store I've ever shopped at but Boy was I in for a surprise. While I was in New York in May 2017 I was determined to buy a pochette Metis. But with so many Louis Vuitton stores in such a big city I thought it would be wise to call beforehand and have someone check their stock. I am glad I did because both bags I wanted were nowhere in New York so I asked if it was possible to order one over the phone. The girl I spoke with found a Marine rouge pochette metis for me and a week or so later it was delivered to my door. I still couldn't shrug the other purse I had wanted (the pochette metis in monogram) so I kept checking online to see if it would come back in stock. And lucky for me it did a week or so after getting my other one.

After getting the 2nd pochette metis I was really torn on what to do. I liked them both but wasn't sure if I needed to have 2 of the same bag, after some contemplating I decided to keep the 2nd one (monogram print), I did love the marine rouge but the leather was a bit duller than I was expecting and it didn't match as many of my things. Long story short I followed the instructions written to initiate a return. I received via email a UPS label. Packaged my box and sent it back. Louis Vuitton received my bag June 22, 2017 and per their policy can take up to 14 business to process the return which frankly is a long time but whatever. After the 14 days was up I still didn't see the refund reflected on my credit card so I called client services to see what the hold up was. Was told they would look into it and call me back.

The next day came and I still hadn't heard back so I called again and was given the exact same answer. At this point I was starting to get PO'd. It had been close to a month since I mailed off my return and was paying interest on a $3,000 purchase and no one was giving me answers or returning my calls. My 3rd attempt at contacting Louis Vuitton was via email. And finally the next day I had someone call me but of course missed their call so had to call back, explain what was going on and finally be connected with someone who wasn't from client services. She told me it appeared that the person who initiated the return used the order # from the other less expensive bag I had ordered. And they were trying to get this sorted out. I was told my bag should be refunded within a couple days. 9 more days went by and still no refund.

At this point I am feeling beyond upset and frustrated. Not understanding why this is taking so long and why no one is doing anything to help me. I kept calling, emailing etc and I felt like at this point people were purposely avoiding me. The girl that was suppose to sort this out for me 9 days before gave me her direct line but she too was not answering or returning my calls. I felt completely helpless at this point so contacted my credit card company to see what they could do and filed a complaint with BBB. Still waiting to see what happens but we are now August 9 2017 and my bag was returned and received at Louis Vuitton June 22, 2017 and I am still out $3,000.

Painful returns and bad customer service seem to be a reoccurring theme at Louis Vuitton. So incredibly pissed and frustrated. Michael Burke CEO and Chairman of Louis Vuitton should be ashamed. Also incredibly disappointed as I had my eye on many other Louis Vuitton goodies I wanted to purchase but with this most recent experience there is no way I will ever buy or step foot in a Louis Vuitton store again. I am so disgusted by this experience I am thinking of selling all my Louis Vuitton things so I wash my hands of them for life.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Saint-Germain PM Bag - With being a Florida State University student, when I saw the colors of this purse (a garnet and gold color) I fell in love. With the added rose braided detail, it completes the fun, modern look. The workers at the store I visited in The Mall at Millenia were very helpful and the process of getting the purse was simple and quick. I have had this purse for a month now, and I don't have any true complaints so far.

It was definitely expensive for the price, but the quality and feel of it almost makes up for it. There are enough pockets and compartments inside for any necessities I might need too, which is convenient. I also really like the secure lock closing system; some of my previous purses have had those as well but never worked to this extent. The sliding chain also really helps change up the look to for me; making it versatile for several of my outfits. I've gotten several compliments on the purse so far and I've been quite happy with my purchase, so I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's willing to splurge for a really cute, good quality purse!

Original review: July 28, 2017

On the 7 January 2017 I was in Rome Italy and purchased two iPhone 7+ covers from the Louis Vuitton outlet in Piazza San Lorenzo. After just five months the rubber around the edge of one of the covers started to come off. In the beginning of July '17 I wrote to their customer service section asking if I could send them photos so they may assess the defect and I was informed that this was not possible and that I had to take the cover to one of their outlets. Whilst this is understandable I wrote back to them informing them that this was not possible because I live in Malta and there are no Louis Vuitton outlets on the island and it was not possible or my intention to travel anywhere outside Malta in the near future.

I asked if there could be any alternative arrangement made, such as sending over the cover for their assessment. Up until till yesterday I had received no reply despite my various reminders. Disappointingly the reply I received was again that I had to take the cover personally to a Louis Vuitton outlet! Meaning that they completely ignored my telling them that there are NO Louis Vuitton outlets in Malta!!! In the evening I gave it one last shot by sending them an message on their Facebook page, this morning I received the same identical reply.

For the life of me I cannot understand how such a brand can have such a disastrous after sales service, apart from the fact that the quality of the product leaves much to be desired! In this day and age are they really trying to tell me that they are unable to make arrangements for defective products to be returned to them via post???

Louis Vuitton Company Information

www.louisvuitton.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use