1.58/5
Based on 49 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

242 Louis Vuitton Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 19, 2018

I'm so upset! I spent a lot of money on my white LV bag and haven't used it a lot because I was afraid that it might get dirty. Every time I used it, I always cleaned and put it in the included bag that they gave me. Recently I took out the bag and found out that it turns yellow and sticky. I brought it to the store and later found out that it's not consider a quality issue because the bag is about 13 years old! I paid thousand dollars for a bag that cannot last more than 10 year!? Big disappointment for a LV product. I paid 300 for a Coach bag that lasts me for more than 10 years and still in good condition. NO MORE LV PRODUCTS!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

To start off, this review is my honest horrible experience with AMANDA and the entire staff at Louis Vuitton Garden City, Roosevelt Field Macy's location. LIZ also added to my unpleasant experience. After owning my Pochette Metis for a short 2 months, with gentle use mostly on weekends, the wax on the edge of the shoulder strap started to peel off. I was shocked and upset since I'm gentle with my items, especially high end "luxury" ones. I went in to LV and explained to AMANDA the issue and she said it's no problems & that this style bag has been having these problems and she will put in a complimentary replacement strap order free of charge. I asked for a confirmation receipt or paper, and she guaranteed I did not need one, just my name/last name. I asked one last time and she said not to worry. I took her word for it.

She mentioned 6-8 weeks, and honestly, I wasn't in such a rush that I did not call or bug anyone, thinking I would get an update eventually. (That was Nov 2017) Months pass & having not heard from them, I stopped by confident that they just forgot to call me since it was already March 2018. I asked the first available associate and she said she can't locate any order in the system with my name. As she way saying this, I saw AMANDA walk out. When I explained to her, she also looked like a deer in headlights. She could not explain to me why the order "she placed" was not coming up. Now that I think about it, I wish I didn't stay so calm and act so kind. Others would have caused a scene. I calmly waited for her to place me another complimentary order. This time I demanded a receipt. No sorry, nothing.

Weeks later I decided to call and see what the update was... and this is when everything hit the fan. I looked at the receipt she gave me and it showed $210.00 charge that was NEVER mentioned to me. I wanted to speak with her to clear this up since it was complimentary. I have screenshots (proof) that I tried to get in contact with AMANDA 24 times. Every time I called the store, different employees told me AMANDA will call me right back, I called from morning to evening, spoke to a minimum of 5 different people (one name I can remember is George). HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU GET 24 CALLS TO A STORE AND CAN'T CALL BACK??? I ended up in disbelief calling a customer service line that got in contact with (a manager?) named ROSA who guaranteed AMANDA would call me. N E V E R H A P P E N E D. Weeks went by and some other employee called to say my strap is finally ready.

I went in, and had the displeasure of meeting LIZ. She brings the strap and tells me my total is $210.00 (HAHA) I told her I'm not paying a penny and tried to quickly explain my situation... instead of her saying, "Sorry for your experience"... ANYTHING they teach people working sales, ESPECIALLY high end luxury companies. If someone is paying $$$$ for handbags, we expect and deserve to have a pleasant experience and top of the line customer service, especially with simple requests such as these. In the end, I hope people like AMANDA and the rest of the staff gets contacted from someone higher up and is given a lesson in basic customer service and general common sense. I would expect this type of service from cheap stores "fast fashion" but not LV.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2018

On 4/14/2018 I went to the LV store in Sarasota, FL that just opened because my purse strap started to rip. Mind you the purse was purchased in January 2018 so only 3 month old, walked in everyone was nice. I showed the gentleman my problem. He said well I have to take pictures and send it to someone who can look at it and decide if they will fix it or I will have to pay for it. LOL I was like ummm look I just purchased this purse and I'm not paying to get this fixed. So either the 17th or 18th I called LV and spoke to someone who told me the same thing that I would probably have to pay for it then connected me to the store in Sarasota. Fine whatever, spoke to the same gentleman. He said he hasn't heard anything when he does he will call me.

We are going on 2 weeks my strap is broken off now and still no answer. (I stopped using the 2 small handle straps and have to use the one that attaches to the outer part of the purse.) Called LV again on 4/23/18 explained everything, he said he would have to connect me to the store. I said I already tried to call the store and I got you. So he tried connecting me to the store 2 times without any success. Today 4/24/18 I emailed client services, the lady emailed me back saying she was sorry but rest assured that when they hear from the repair center they will get back to me. It was my choice to purchase the purse I know but stand behind your work. I run a business and if I told my customers that I was sorry but "we will get back to you," pretty sure I wouldn't have any left. I feel as if I am getting the runaround and am extremely disappointed in the quality of this purse.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I took my Limited Edition 2009 Kalahari PM (the Madonna bag) in because the handle has beads and one bead had broken off & the center part of the buckle (the long clasp, that fits through the hole on a belt) had come off and was lost but I still had the remaining buckle parts. I took it into the Lenox Mall LV store. The repair specialist asked where it was purchased, I told him it was a gift, he inspected the issues and told me he would return shortly. He took the bag to the back, stayed about 15 min, came back and said he couldn’t find the store sku # for the bag because it was a limited edition showpiece from 2009 and it's no longer carried in stores or made. He took all my info and told me he’ll send off to repair shop in California, and within 2 weeks I’ll have an idea of cost price if any, and assessed time for repairs.

I received an email this a.m. from LV store saying my purse is ready for pickup, and it couldn’t be repaired because it’s “non- authentic.“ Are they crazy! If the bag was not authentic why would it even be able to be sent off for repairs? The well trained SA would have spotted it as non authentic when I initially brought it in for repair. All of the markings, serial numbers, date codes, hardware, materials, are authentic LV so what are they talking about? Has anyone else had such issues??? I will update as to what happens when I go to pick up. But I definitely need feedback and suggestions as what to do. If you know this bag you will see it’s not something easily replicated because of the odd materials.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I purchased a Neverfull in San Antonio Texas where the clerk did not wear gloves when handling a purse. I was not sure if out of the two which one I would want since this was a major purchase I had been saving up for. The clerk that helped me was very nice and told me if I decided to exchange I could within 30 days of my purchase at a store nearest to me. I was there for a conference and had to fly back to my home. I was able to put my LV box in my suitcase and knew it would be best not to leave the purse in the check back. So I took the purse out the box and put on my carry on bag on the plane, what most woman would do after spending 1400 dollars. Within a week of me debating on the purse I decided that I wanted the initial Neverfull. Since the nearest store was 4 hours away, I had to arrange a trip to the store.

It was the second week of owning the purse. I had bought a liner to put in the purse to try out what I carry in my purse at home. So yes the purse was not as it was originally packaged. I took the 4 hour drive for the Charlotte NC. The store clerk took the purse to the back room and came out and pointed to a piece of lint on the inside of the purse and said it was used and not resalable. I was in disbelief of spending that kind of money and being talked to in that way. I called the customer service outside of the store and told her what just happened, she asked me to send her pictures which I did and spent two hours waiting to hear back from her to say what the clerk said they have to go with, even though the customer service representative Micah agreed she could not see anything wrong with the purse in the pictures.

As I have stated to everyone, if I would have walked in that store looking like a million dollars that clerk would have bent over backwards to accommodate me. My daughter in law and myself were judged the moment we walked in. I took the purse to other purse stores and the clerks said there was nothing wrong with the purse and they would exchange it. So MK and Kate Spade kudos to you for not thinking you are better than everyone else and I support your brands 100%. If you are a working class person don't waste your money or time going to the Charlotte NC store. You are not worthy of their purses. They walk around with gloves like they are handling artwork. If the purse is used why are the handles still falling in and the bottom still forms to the fold. This will be the only money this company will get from me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?

Original review: April 19, 2018

I went to the LV in Naples, FL. I had heard horror stories about how they treat people. I can honestly say that was not the case for me. I bought a GM Montagine with the Zippy organizer. I did look at quite a few bags before setting in on that one. My SA Sabrina was fabulous. She emailed me on tips on how to care for my bag. She also sends me texts to events from time to time. I purchased my items July of 2016 and I love them. I also own an Artsy MM which I love as well. I bought that one online and had no issues. I think there will always be bad reviews with good. I would always go for yourself and see. I will buy another bag from them.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I purchase a Zippy wallet with leather corners 5 months ago. The wallet is bowing where it’s stitched close to the zipper. This is a $960 wallet, that I’m being told this is due to “normal wear and tear”!!! I am retired and my wallet sits in my purse 5-6 days a week without coming out! I took it back to Ross Park mall and there’s NOTHING they can do for me. They sure take your money with a smile, but God help you if there’s a problem... You’re screwed. Then the store manager had the nerve to say to come back and pick a more durable wallet at MY expense!!!! SERIOUSLY?

Original review: April 2, 2018

This was my email to the manager at LV Scottsdale. They responded again saying that they would not warranty it. Clearly the face of Europe has changed a lot and “made in France” or “made in Italy” just doesn’t hold the same water anymore. These are not the same artisans that were mentored by generations of skilled workers...

"I’m emailing you to follow up on the conversation we had earlier today in-store regarding the belt I brought in for return. Initially someone at the store deemed the visible damage on the belt to be “wear and tear”. As discussed and later shown on my second visit when I brought in the second identical belt, one that had been bought prior to the damaged one in question, there appears to be significant variations in quality. The first belt I purchased I am quite happy with, however it is clear by the wear on the buckle itself, the newest belt purchased actually has been worn far less, yet the leather face and holes have not held up to the standard of the first. Additionally I would add, the belt has not held up to the expectations any LV consumer would have with respect to the quality of a top 3 luxury brand.

"I think it’s fair to imply that myself, as well as any of your clientele, would be highly frustrated by the fact that you have sales staff in place that speak to the construction and quality of the products, yet do not have the ability or perhaps the discretion to discern differences in quality on two identical products. One being well made and the other being defective with a limited time span for wear. A belt is worn on such a unique part to anyone’s body, making a case for the item being defective when both items are present is simple, as they are clearly not of the same kin when put side by side and worn the same way, on average, day to day.

"This is the latest frustration I have with the brand although there have been several in the past. First I had a Taiga leather wallet purchased to match my luggage, it had been stitched improperly. Inner card pockets detached from the outer shell of the wallet as the needle and thread only hit 50% of the area, the balance of the pocket the needle did touch barely linked to anything substantial it could bite into. Basically an $800 wallet fell apart and the misconstruction was there for all to see, yet again, LV deemed it wear and tear. I threw it away and don’t feel comfortable purchasing another to match my luggage as there is no responsibility taken from LV should this happen again!

"I purchased two identical LV canvas tubular style bracelets, both detached at the clasp. $200 each, so not the hill to die on, yet frustrating. So my question is this, what exactly should I expect from the brand and why does it seem to be the mandate of the customer service or warranty reps to dismiss their client's claims? I find dealing with the brand circuitous when doing anything other than swiping a credit card. I’ve spent a lot of money at the store and I can assure you that my various girlfriends over the years have swiped my cards there a lot too. I need some direction as to how you plan of rectifying the issue at hand as well as why I should stay loyal to the brand. Having to write and email about a defective belt seems a bit much, however I’m tired of my issues being dismissed.

"James, I appreciate your time and I would also appreciate if this email was sent to whomever is reviewing the photos you submitted. I’d like to know who this individual is, or who the department contact is should this issue not be resolved quickly in my favor. You’ve stated that this would be addressed next week at some point. Please contact me back here via email when you have anything to report back. Please restore my faith in the brand."

Original review: March 16, 2018

So, I have been buying many LV products online the last couple of years because my income has changed. The last two items I bought, however, did not meet my expectations. The first was the Neo Eye-Trunk for iPhone X. The product list price was $1250 but the product itself was poorly designed. The clasp that was designed to keep the phone on the case, yes, on the case, not inside, kept loosening up. My phone fell out many times. Also, the gold pieces on the edges of the phone scratched easily. I had to return it. It was within 14 days. I got my money back into my PayPal account two days after they received the phone back.

I then bought the mini Palm Springs backpack. The price was 2K. The bag was poorly made in that the zipper would get stuck in the middle of opening it if the bag was not full. Also, the color of the bag was mustard and it was just ugly in real life vs. in the picture. It was very dull looking bag. Anyhow, I did not like it. I hung on to it close to 30 days to see if I would change my mind and I didn't. I just could not get myself to love it. I called LV on the 29th day and sent it out on the 31st day. My return was within 30 days. I got my money in my PP account the day after they received the bag back. I feel that LV products are subpar compare to Gucci. However, LV is more popular for some reason. I still like LV. I like them even more that they were able to refund my money in full x 2. I truly was not happy with those two items. I am happy with the other products I bought in the past.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Just adding to the numerous bad reviews this company already has by sharing one more. Even one star is too many for this review. Every review that I have read is absolutely accurate and I am extremely disappointed that I had to find this out for myself. Unfortunately the “customer service” is there for appearances and not for any help at all. Absolutely disgusted with the way I was spoken to on the phone when I called to check the status on my repair. The agent was rude and used verbatim out of context and then proceeded to give me a lesson on English vocabulary since I seemed to be intimidated by the words she was using.

At the end I still have no idea where my purse is, she could NOT disclose this information and the actual store is way too busy for anyone to look. While at the store everyone pretends to be so helpful and polite and once you spend your money it’s too bad you made the mistake of giving it to the wrong company. One thing I can say is I WILL take my business elsewhere!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have been purchasing LVs since 2005/2006. I believe one of those years. I recall my first purchase was a Denim Pleaty purchased in Dallas Fort Worth. Loved the bag and was excited to finally have one! As the years passed I seemed to be getting an LV about 2 per year. Again never an issue. (Also love the fact that they put your name in their system to show all your purchases no matter what LV store it was purchased at, you can also walk in to an LV store and with proper identification request an entire print out of all purchases since your first to your last.) LOVE THAT! I also appreciate the fact that if requested in the store (since I like my bags crease free, they will take it to the back and stuff it with a clear air pillow) and place it in a larger box and bow as opposed to the flat boxes.

I must say the ONLY time I had an issue was with the glazing on the handles of the Damier Ebene, within a few weeks it was coming apart, I contacted the SA at the store. He told me to bring it in. (Which I reside 140 miles away, but regardless I did.) I asked to speak with the manager and he then took photos of the handles. He stated that he didn't believe there was anything that could be done about since I probably did something to the bag. Of course after YEARS AND YEARS of purchases why would I do anything to my bag???

So I told him I was going to contact corporate. (Daniel was his name at Corporate.) We emailed back and forth in reference to the incident and the issue with the handles. He did contact me back via phone as well as email and told me he apologized and they would take care of the bag (which in fact they did) I like many of their bags and these bags do not depreciate, hence the reason why I do baby my bags. Not sure why I didn't have any terrible issues but I do hope you all get yours rectified.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We have purchased over $30,000 worth of handbags from Louis Vuitton. Most of the handbags are used on rare occasion. Recently I took out a white model that had only been used 1 time. The front pocket was visibly discolored. After checking on the internet I found that this is a known defect due to adhesive that was used to attached the liner in the pocket. I contacted the store and brought the handbag in. The store people took pictures of the bag and 3 days later quickly denied this is a manufacture defect. I pointed to all of the similar claims on the internet and the representative immediately denied that this is a pervasive problem and claimed no responsibility. Clearly this company and product are not up to the price they charge and should be avoided in favor of companies that stand by their quality.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Had my bag 3 days with no use and took out of bag once and didn't put it down on anything. It was 5000. Brought back and Declan said he can't sell it and wouldn't give my money back and was so rude I felt like I was on trial and Terry lied just to make a sale. Can you imagine keeping my money. Got home and husband looked through magnifying glass and nothing and no help from customer service. What do you do???

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I purchased a handbag yesterday at a store in Massachusetts and thought the in-store experience was wonderful, but my calls to client services prior were astronomically terrible. I had to call FOUR times to receive answers to simple questions and instead of getting the answers I needed, I had to piece together store policy based on each conversation. One woman even lied to me… Here’s a breakdown of what I was told on each call. 1) “You cannot order over the phone but you can call the store to make sure they have the bag in stock… they seem to have a bunch of your bag in stock.”

2) “Who told you could call the store?” and “You can only make a phone order if you have shopped with us before.” I pass the phone to my mother who has shopped at LV. “Ma’am, your last purchase was in 2014.” She never said that the person had to have shopped within the year. I am sorry we did not meet your “clientele” because we have been shopping so much at Gucci and forgot. 3) “We cannot look at inventory at stores due to Valentine’s Day coming up.” Me: “The rep I spoke to 10 minutes ago did so.” Her: “All of a sudden my computer just crashed! Let me take down your number.” Obviously, no callback. 4) Nice male rep: “Of course I can look at the inventory! That store has 2 in stock and the other store has 4.” Fourth call was a charm.

So why did it take 4 calls to get a simple answer of whether I could order over the phone and where I could find inventory for a product? Plausible answers are that you are not properly training sales reps OR want to make it incredibly hard for people to make purchase. I almost purchased a Gucci bag out of spite. Please do better.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Jan. 11 I ordered the Neverfull MM in Monogram with Cherry interior by mistake (had two items in cart and deleted the wrong item). As soon as it arrived I contacted Client Services and they informed so I was able to do the exchange my local LV store in Saint Louis. Upon arrival, I found the correct bag- Neverfull Damier Ebene MM in Rose Ballerine. There were a total of four bags left in their inventory. I went through each bag and they were damaged! Pen marks, heavy glitter, dirt, and heavy use. I found one that by first look seemed good. Did the exchange and SA insisted on Hot Stamp. I agreed. She boxed it up after stamping and I was on my way.

When opening the box, the handles were damaged (heavy wrinkling only seen in bags over 2 years old) and hot stamp was crooked! I ended up speaking with Julian in Client Services Escalation and he informed me the store will exchange due to the damage. The store refused to work with me after numerous trips and manager stating, "The handles are dyed and wrinkling is caused right away. The hot stamp isn't crooked." Thought I was losing my mind and posted the damage on LV forums. People agreed, it was BAD for a bag that wasn't used and purchased just 24 hours prior.

Needless to say, I fought with the store many times in attempt to get it worked out and Julian (shining star!!) tried to get a resolution. Even the Escalation Dept acknowledged the damage was too severe. Eventually, Corporate got involved and forced the store to do either a return or exchange. I ended up exchanging for the GM Azur in Rose Ballerine. While I could have demanded compensation for the two weeks wasted and $82.98 in gas wasted, I will just cut my ties with LV and move to Gucci. Why 3 stars? Julian and Jason from Springfield Client Services. These two made it possible to get the situation resolved! Would I go back to Frontenac (Saint Louis)? Never again in this lifetime!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My husband bought me a $800 sunglasses from Louis Vuitton in Short Hills, NJ 5 years ago. I wore just 1 time in first year and lenses fell off. (Unfortunately Lenses lost in the park. I cannot find them. I just have the frame still...) I went back but they cannot replace (They said this model was long time ago. They don’t have anymore???). Why I pay $800 for brand name sunglasses but they aren’t behind their products? And their customer service is horrible. I did love and have some handbags even luggage from LV but now, I never ever go their store even take a look. No more Louis Vuitton in my accessories collection.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Tried to return a bag to exchange. Very disinterested difficult staff. The bags leather pattern was not consistent and patchy and the bag had creases. On purchasing was told I could exchange/obtain refund but this was not the case. I will take it up with head office but from reading other reviews I am not expecting to get any joy there. Will never purchase anything from this brand again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I bought a pair of 800.00 Louis Vuitton gloves, and wore them 3 times and they ripped at the seam! Obviously a defect in the leather! Sadly, they refused to repair or replace! I will never purchase anything Louis Vuitton, again! If they do not stand behind their product that says much about them. I have bought leather gloves for less than a 100.00 without a name brand and am happy to say have had them 20 years! Who is making LOUIS VUITTON?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I took a LV bag to the LV store in Tucson, AZ at the LaEncantada Mall. I wanted it refurbished, new strap, inside re-done, piping, etc. I had this bag re-done in the same manner when I left it with the NYC LV store on 5th Avenue in 2008. They did an excellent job, refurbishing with the same color leather, etc. NOT SO, at the Tucson LV store!! They charged an exuberant amount, but I really liked the little bag so decided to go with the repair cost. OMG!! I got it back and it looked like a KNOCK OFF!!! They put the yellowish color leather on it and this lame clasp with a magnet and every time you bumped it; it would come open. I complained and complained and was told, 'oh that is the leather we use on all bags, blah, blah, and that it would change color over time!! I told them I would die of old age before the leather changed color.

I pointed out to them several bags on their website which had the darker, tan-ish color leather on them and they said no that was not the case. Well, I am not sure who is color blind!! I am pretty sure it is not me!! My bag had the tan-ish color handle, etc. when I purchased it and when the NYC store restored it. I sent it back to have the lame clasp replaced. I was told they had NOT replaced the clasp when they re-did the bag but they would replace it as a courtesy!!! NOT ONLY ARE THEY COLOR BLIND, THEY ARE BLIND AS WELL!!! I used that bag solely since 2008!! The closure was all scratched of course from trying to put the clasp in the circular hole to close the bag over time. And, it went deep into the circular closure and snapped.

When the bag came back to me, the clasp was all SHINY and had a blue piece of saran wrap over it. And they insulted my intelligence by trying to tell me that clasp was on my bag when they received it!!! It cost me 19.50 to send it FedEx back to them to replace the clasp. I asked they credit my card for that amount and of course no response to my many requests. It is so pathetic looking, I used a pair of large scissors, cut it in half and threw it in the dumpster with my trash. I would never own a LV bag again!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Bought a bag online, advertised on their website as 14.1" wide x 18.1" high. For those of you who have any idea of dimensions this would make a big handbag. What I received instead was a little tiny purse-like item. Spoke to their customer service (very un-intelligent, unprofessional, disgraceful staff that shouldn't even work at McDonald's), who after much effort was able to mumble that there no mistakes on their website and therefore they must have sent me wrong item. Returned the item asked for exchange assuming it was wrong item. Spoke again to their customer service (different person, same thing probably no high school diploma) and they tried to explain that somehow "ummmm maybe you supposed to like wrap the tape measure around the bag". Hung up disgusted, sent an e-mail to customer service noting I'll hold them responsible for false advertising.

Following my e-mail, I got a call from a Hillary ** from customer service, allegedly to do things over the phone and not in writing, I wonder why... She much apologized for the misleading info on their web, after which stated that the bag it's supposed to be measured from bottom, then the air in between, that up to the end of the handles... To which I said, "Ok so do you see anything wrong with that, like if I add a 30 ft rope to my 20 ft boat should I advertise and sell my boat as a 50 ft one?" She thought that was very funny. Anyway, I told her I don't want any replacement bags, I want my money back. She said fine, she'd take care of that.

Two (2) days after the above conversation, I get an e-mail stating, "Hey, your replacement bag is on your way to you..." again after we agreed that there would be no replacement but my money back. Called my credit card yesterday and disputed the charge, as apparently cannot get anything ever accomplished. Not sure where and how they hire their staff, and wishing them to go out of business as soon as possible.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I purchased a purse during our Christmas vacation and decided to return because my wife found something else that fits more for her personality. I returned the item at the Louis Vuitton store in San Diego within the 14 day return policy and the associate there, happened to be a team lead, was not happy. He said things that made us feel uncomfortable and made Louis Vuitton company look very cheap. I mean we, consumers, change our mind all the time, especially during the holiday season, and the company and/or its associate has no business to tell consumers to "make sure next time you spent enough time to find what you really like so you don't have come back and return." This speaks lowly of a big company like Louis Vuitton. I'm very disappointed at its customer service and will not return to this store. It can't compare to any other stores out there. What a shame!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I am a UK citizen and my wife and I were taking a holiday in the South of France, back in October 2017. My wife purchased a man's jacket (circa EUR 3,000) from the Louis Vuitton store in Cannes. At the time we asked the Sales Assistant and she confirmed each time that we were at Liberty to refund the jacket within 30 days of purchase. To cut a long story short, it is now 27th December 2017 and we have yet to receive our refund. Initially, we had to take the Jacket to their Flagship store in Central London, where the jacket was despatched internally back to the Cannes Store. I have been in touch many times each week with their UK Client Services who have been extremely polite, and they have made the right noises. However they have still been unsuccessful in arranging a simple IBAN Funds Transfer.

Be extra cautious with this company as Terms and Conditions vary between different countries. The UK standards are not the same as the standards in France. This could well be the same for the US too. It appears to me that they are stalling with this payment more than ten weeks later!! My wife and I are most distressed by this tardy behaviour and wanted to publicise this experience to others to shame them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I bought a Neverfull tote bag MM, when it arrived, the bag is folded on both edges, so I called customer service to send me a bigger one that will accommodate the size of the bag. The agent told me to drive to Baltimore or Atlantic to get a box that will accommodate the bag!!! THAT IS WHY I BUY ONLINE FOR ME NOT TO DRIVE!!! I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Tried to buy my wife an overpriced bag for Christmas, depending on the minute depends of I can add it to my cart or not. Then I talk to someone on the hotline and they tell me it is not available and I can't but it buy it from a store over the phone either because I haven't bought a bag in store in the last 12 months. They find a store that might sell it to me, and they never call me. So I call again and I get hung up on.

Then I have to tell my wife I can't manage to get the bag, but then she logs into her LV account and viola, she can order the bag, that I was just told it's not available. Not only is it overpriced they are completely rude when you call them. I can see no reason it is worth what you pay beside society had put a highly inflated price on these status symbols. This is what is wrong with this country corporations want to take your money for little in return. Thanks for wrecking my surprise for my wife and putting me through a day of stress trying to find this overpriced piece of cowhide. I still have a hard time justifying what makes these bags so valuable besides status. Exactly what I expected from the world's most valuable luxury brand.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

After looking everywhere for months and watching online I finally found one favorite pm available and bought it. I waited and waited and no email confirmation, called them back and they said they had none available. She said she didn’t know why they processed purchase because there are none available so she cancelled the transaction.

I kept checking the stores and online and finally one online became available, it was sent to me and completely defective, it’s almost like Louis is making their own cheap knock offs of their own brand. The tag on the inside was square not oblong like the pic on the LV website and the clasp on the front was off centered all the way to the side. I took it to the local store and they said it was embarrassing. They offered to send it back for an exchange and informed me that I could not be put on the waitlist for next available because it’s the holidays. It’s obvious that Louis Vuitton does not inspect their bags before shipping, this was so obvious. Their customer service and products seem to be decreasing, it’s sad because I’ve always loved their stuff, this is my 4th bag but 6th Louis product I’ve bought but this is my last.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Please think twice before you invest so much money into buying a LV bag. If anything goes wrong with the bag, the customer service both at the store and corporate level is extremely poor. They don’t attend to your problem at all. In fact one of the customer service agent hung up on me saying there is nothing they can help me with.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My husband ordered a Pochette Mini for me at the end of October, the associate at the 1-800 number said we would have it in a week. A week goes by we call back. They said oh they don't have anymore. I said, "How could that be? They had 9 in Las Vegas last week when we called". So I called again. Someone promised to call me back and didn't. So I called back and asked to speak with a manager. None available so a young lady put me through to the Plano, Texas store and what do you know they had both, the Mini Pochette and the Pochette Metis. So she sent me both which was very nice.

Then I called back to see if they had any of the regular Pochettes and I spoke to 2 men who really didnt give a rip about customer service and who not so delicately explained to me that during the holiday season certain customers will get preferential over me. They had 21 Pochettes but he would not call and get one for me because they have the right to hold them for "good customers." I couldn't believe he had the nerve to actually say it. Yes I realize the SAs hold things back for their "good clients" but to have them actually say it. Then I ask who I can write to. He actually laughed like it wouldn't make a difference. They are hiring young twits that really do not care about the customer. I will never walk in another Louis Vuitton again or order from them again due to very nasty treatment.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I ordered the NEVERFULL MM through phone and first, there was a delay in shipping. Then when the bag actually arrived, it came in as a NEVERFULL P (one size down)!!! I paid for M and you gave me P: such a good deal for you!!! I immediately called and the sales associate asked me to exchange for the correct one in the local store, and she suggested me to go to Las Vegas or LA's store because I said I live in California! Man, California is HUGE and I live in SF! She said there's nothing in SF so she asked me to ship the wrong item bag.

They don't even offer UPS pick up service! I need to correct for THEIR MISTAKE, by taking the bag to a local UPS center??! If they shipped me one size up they must be worried to death! Their sales associates are suck at providing instruction because they have no idea how big each State is and they assume when they spell the store name I should know where it is, as if there is only one Saks or Bloomingdale in the entire country!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased a Sully MM bag in April of 2014 ($1800). The buckles started fading within months (less than a year). I called the LV store in Nashville and was told that it was normal wear and tear. Then ten months in, I notice tearing on the corners of the bottom of the purse... Sent pictures at first then decided to return it to the store before the "year warranty" was up. I was told they do not replace anything with tears on the canvas and that it was normal wear and tear. I explained that I don't carry the bag everyday to have this type of normal wear and tear. The salesperson was like, "Oh well..." A friend told me to try another store in which I did, (New Orleans) but after jumping hoops I am still stuck with an expensive bag that I am embarrassed to carry. Dooney and Bourke is a FAR better purse. Quality is amazing and they stand by their more affordable products.

LV can kick rocks...and bricks. And funny when I see other people with this style, they have the same issue and was told the same thing. You would think there would be a recall, better help offered to resolving the issues or even a class action lawsuit. I am so disappointed even after years has passed. I even asked if leather patches could be sewn on to fix the problem and was told no.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I live nowhere near a LV store. I have called them to attempt to order a Neverfull, and boy was I surprised how rude the woman was. I'm discussing dropping 2 grand on a handbag and she just was rude and condescending. I gave up and called a second time- they are not helpful, they will not problem solve, they just act like you are bothering them. I am shocked that so many people had similar experiences. I will not be buying a LV bag ever after reading all of this. My cousin had a LV bag from the store- brand new, and when I was inspecting it, the trim color on the leather, looked like my daughter painted it. I would have sworn it was a fake. It is evidently common knowledge that LV customer service is the worst. I swear, I will be buying a replica if I ever see a LV bag I love. But I won't invest thousands in a luxury company that has customer service equivalent to Wal-Mart.

Louis Vuitton Company Information