1.66/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

262 Louis Vuitton Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

My husband surprised me with a beautiful bag for Christmas, however, it wasn’t practical for me to use every day so I went to exchange within the 30 day period. I chose a more expensive bag but the manager, Edwin **, was so rude and refused to exchange my bag. He pointed out how my bag was used, which I told them before I used once. In a condescending tone he stated he could not do anything for me and could not help me at all. He was pointing, with his pinky finger, at “used” areas of the bag which my husband and I did not see what he was talking about. According to Edwin, “we chose not to see them.” For such a high end retail store, the customer service is lacking professionalism and is a disgrace. I'm hoping the email to the store manager from corporate will rectify this situation.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I purchased a Flower Hobo at the Louis Vuitton in the South Coast Plaza on 1/1. When I got home, I realized that the key to open the lock on the purse was never given to me. I tried calling the store, but you can only talk to someone in client services and not someone directly from the store. I had to put in a request for them to email the store and have someone contact me. It's been four days and no one has called. For a brand that sells $2,000 plus purses, the customer service is basically non-existent. Shame on you Louis Vuitton.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

5 years ago, I purchased a Speedy 35 Damier. Carried it for 6 months when my husband bought me a Neverfull for Valentine's Day. I put the Speedy up. Carried my new bag. Months later I went to carry my Speedy. The edge of bag was cracking along the stitches. I took bag back and was given a new bag. I purchased a wallet to match the Neverfull. Two years later the Neverfull LV signs are rubbing off, there's a crack on each side of the bag. I don't carry heavy things in my bag.

Around April 2018, I emailed LV headquarters and they blew smoke in my face. Telling me to take it back to the store. I called the store and they said, they don't fix cracks. I asked what am I to do. I believe it's the quality of material LV is using. I bought my 1st LV in 1986, a Speedy and that canvas is a better quality and I have all the signatures on it and no cracks. I realized that LV doesn't stand by their quality, so I resorted to seeing if I can purchase 2 to 4 patches to cover up the 2 cracks, so I won't be embarrassed. And they wouldn't sell me the patches. My next purchase will be the Gucci bag. I have given LV money for a Speedy, Neverfull, a safari scarf, expensive sunglasses, and belt. And they can't stand behind their overprice stuff.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I received my Louis Vuitton box that I signed for on December 21st. I opened the shipper box and then opened the holiday box inside. Their Distribution Center sent me an empty box, there was no wallet inside. This was a Christmas gift for my best friend. I immediately called customer service, on the phone for an hour and 1/2. She said they have to investigate this. I want a refund for my $371.00. All I have is an empty box.

In the meantime, I literally had to purchase another wallet from their Denver Colorado store and won’t be shipped till after December 25. I am a very loyal client and have purchased a lot from their website. Unfortunately they have just lost me as a client. They should have sent me another wallet. I have no idea if they are ever going to take care of their mistake, and yes right now I just spent 742.00 and I am only getting one wallet. Come on Louis Vuitton, you can do better than this. No more Louis Vuitton website for me, I am done! Please take care of this matter.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Went to Paris for my Speedy 20b and key cles. Sales associate was so nasty, had us sitting around for 15, 20 mins in store that's completely empty before they had someone over to help us. I saw a few things I didn't like on the bag, I asked politely if they had another one, he had the nerves to say they are all the same. Stupidest thing ever came out from a sales associate, if he was spending thousands on a purse is that the same level of service anyone wants? Not even Coach or Michael Kors would say anything like that. Aside from the in store disaster. I recently purchased two separate order on their canvas pieces. Both came defected! Both hardware problems. One was missing a rivet the other one has a black burnt mark on the d ring.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Do not buy any LV handbags from the Louis Vuitton Nordstrom in Seattle, Washington. You will be sorry if you need to exchange or return handbag. Unprofessional and poor customer service. Complaint & returned of a $1,500 LV Monogram Neonoe handbag at the Louis Vuitton Nordstrom store in Seattle, WA. They are refusing to credit my acct. The manager at the LV Nordstrom store in Seattle, WA are rude, unprofessional. If you have a problem with a purchase and need to return their merchandise for an exchange or request a credit back to your Nordstrom account, they will use any excuse to refuse your return, such as, the merchandise was damaged when mailed back to us. Also, there are numerous online complaints from other customers about their horrible experiences at this Louis Vuitton Nordstrom store in Seattle, Washington.

I purchased a LV Monogram Neonoe handbag on October 26, 2018, by phone from Louis Vuitton Nordstrom. Within a week, I decided the handbag was too big and wanted to exchange for a smaller LV handbag. I called the LV store and spoke with a sales person and explained I would like to return the handbag and was then told to make sure the return is within thirty days, which I did. I had to call several times to request a shipping label. While at the post office, I called the LV store to request a printed label with a tracking number and was told by a rude sales person they do not email print labels with tracking numbers. I then proceeded with the shipping without a tracking number.

On December 3rd, I received a call from a salesperson at the LV Nordstrom store in Seattle, WA that was very rude and stated he was refusing my return. I ask why, he stated the handbag was not resalable and stated it had a scratch at the bottom. I stated "no way" and that I returned the handbag in new condition with no damages and no scratch at the bottom as he claimed. I also stated to the salesperson how is it possible for a handbag that cost $1,500 be that easy to damage or scratched. I also stated it had to be damaged in the handling of your stock room. He then ask what do I want to do with the handbag. I stated I would like an exchange for a smaller LV handbag or a return credit in the amount of $1,500 back to my Nordstrom account. He stated very rudely "that's not going to happen." I then hung up because I was upset.

On December 4th, I forward an email to Nordstrom Manager Adrienne ** at the Seattle WA store. She later responded by email "it's up to the discretion of the manager at the LV store to exchange or credit my Nordstrom account. I emailed back and stated my account is with Nordstrom, not Louis Vuitton and I emailed you in hopes that you would resolved this problem. I then sent an email and complained to the Louis Vuitton and Nordstrom Corporate offices about my return of the LV handbag and that it was in new condition when I returned it with no damages and had no scratch at the bottom as the salesperson claimed.

The Nordstrom Corporate Manager Debbi ** called on December 19, 2018 and stated she was sorry and will not be able to credit my account for the return of the handbag because it has to be with the Louis Vuitton store manager and their policy differ from Nordstrom. I stated, my monthly bill is with Nordstrom, not Louis Vuitton which is leasing inside your store to gain Nordstrom customers and is advertised online on your Nordstrom website. I expressed how disappointed I was and stated, "You still expect me to sign for and accept back the return handbag by UPS that the salesperson claims has a scratch and continue with monthly payments on a $1,500 handbag."

"Before I hung up," I stated, "I will file another complaint, seek legal advice and there's no way a customer should be treated like that and expect to pay for a handbag they claim is scratched." As of today, December 20, 2018 the handbag has not been returned and I have not had the pleasure of enjoying the expensive handbag I purchased. I truly hope this compliant finds its way to the owners of all Louis Vuitton and Nordstrom stores in regards to my horrible experiences I've had in returning the handbag to the Louis Vuitton Nordstrom in Seattle Washington.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I purchased a Louis Vuitton Black Epi Neverfull bag this year which was my one big splurge. I loved everything about this bag until I noticed several scratches on the leather after the first time I used the bag. When I took it back to the store, the associate took pictures and sent to the team in California to review. Several weeks went by and I was told the abrasions were considered normal wear and tear. After one use! LV offered up no solutions and basically I am stuck using a bag that easily gets scratched. If you love the look of LV Epi bags... Buyer beware. Buy it knowing that it will have a million little abrasions. Highly Disappointed!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I ordered a wallet for my wife through their 1866 number. I was instantly connected to a sales rep. The individual was extremely professional, patient and extraordinarily helpful. My first order was cancelled due to me giving the wrong address. However, I called back and they instantly corrected the issue and reprocessed my order. This individual was exceptional as well. They did a superlative job with every interaction and my package arrived 3 days later.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

On November 23 I purchased 3 Neverfull Bags at LV on Michigan Avenue and had them shipped to my home. They came in 3 different boxes since they were ordered and shipped from different locations. The boxes were delivered and signed for but One of the boxes looked different than the others. It had been taped on the sides. To my surprise the one LV box was empty! No bag, only my shipping papers.

I immediately called LV, they could have cared less. I have made several calls and sent emails to LV and no success in helping me recover my bag or assistance in reimbursement. They could care less. UPS stated they are doing an investigation, LV is doing nothing and AMEX denied the claim since they consider the shipper responsible. Somebody needs to stand up and take care of this. I personally have 10 LV purses. These were for my daughters. It will certainly be my last purchase with LV. I'm Done!!! I shouldn't have to fight for something I paid for and counted on being delivered.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I just got home from NYC and I was pretty upset with flagship store of LV in 5th Ave. and 57th street. I’m so excited to get my 2nd LV product and after much deliberation about which one to get between Cluny BB or MM, I decided to get the Cluny BB. When it’s time to pay I was surprised that the SA is bringing the display for me! I said “you’re not giving me a display!” I will not pay a full price for a display! She said that it was just put in the display the day before! Like I believe it! She should have told me that that’s the only one left before I wasted my time and her time! I went to Bloomingdales and the SA explained to me that they only keep one or 2 of the same kind of bag so usually it doesn’t stay for a long time in the display.

I told him it’s not right because a lot of people touched the bags already! I’m not sure if this is only customary in the US because if I remember it right, when my friend bought her LV in Italy, the SA wears white cotton gloves and they gave her a brand new one from the backroom. I also noticed in LV store here in NYC that their bags was just stored in a drawer without any protection! I don’t understand how they carelessly store the bags like that and they expect us the consumer, to pay a lot of money for it and to think they tell you how to take care of it and even provide a dust bag but they never practice what they preach!

Reading from the complains here, I’m not surprised why such problem occurs! My first LV purchase (Macy’s) was nothing like it! They gave me a brand new bag! I wonder if it’s only certain store and people they do that? I mean if they think that you desperately wants a bag they will offer you a display instead of offering you a new one! I know LV doesn’t go on sale but please give us our money’s worth! We worked hard for it! Not buying anything from LV anymore!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We order stuff online all the time and have it delivered to our house but only Louis Vuitton couldn't deliver when we're home. Despite several phone calls telling them when we'd be home they ignored us. Worst customer service on the planet.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I purchased my first $2200 Neverfull handbag one year ago. All the corners and bottoms are fading in color. I brought it to the store and they said they couldn't repair it and "it's wear and tear". I was going to purchase another one, providing they fix this one. Called customer relations and they couldn't do anything. Extremely disappointed in their customer service and quality! Never will be I buy a Louis Vuitton again!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Louis Vuitton products are very expensive, but I experienced the cheapest customer service. They are only nice for the sales, but not nice when a customer needs help for the problems. My Victorine wallet in pink patent leather had a stain issue which wasn’t created by me. It had been used only a couple months, then set on my closet shelf for another couple months. I noticed darkish little dots were created on the back of the wallet. I believe the leather wasn’t finished in a proper way. I visited the Louis Vuitton store in Westfarms mall, and asked to send to the company for an inspection. The manager and another sales associate didn’t want to do anything at first, and keep saying that I did something to make those stains. I kept asking to do something, then they took pictures to send the company. They said they will contact me when they hear back from the company, which will take about 48 hours.

However, They never contacted me. I sent an email to the Louis Vuitton company, their response wasn’t good either. They said I should try a different Louise Vuitton retail store. They cannot help anything directly. I was shocked how poorly Louis Vuitton treats their customers. Of course, I would never buy their products again, also I want people to know not having a bad experience like me. Usually, the customer cares from the other luxury stores are very professional, that’s why we trust and purchase for such a high price. Louis Vuitton does not provide the same quality of the professional customer service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I had an issue with one of my Louis Vuitton EW bags and I went to the Louis Vuitton Store at Bloomingdales on the 59th Street in NYC. I received exceptional service at the boutique and was very very happy with the service Jean ** provided me with. The company really cares about their customers. Really a big fan of Louis Vuitton. They have very patient employees who really listen to the customer.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I’m beyond upset with Louis Vuitton. My husband and I visited the KOP location September 1 2018. We purchased a Surene MM. Absolutely beautiful purse. This was a extremely special gift that my husband bought me and shortly after our purchase I’m devastated about the outcome. After a couple days using the purse I realized this purse was not good for me. There is a area of the strap where the two pieces of leather meet the chain and actually pull at my hair and rip it out of my scalp. I called LV client services and they stated it was no problem and I could exchange the purse for another style. At this point I had my purse for less than 2 weeks. I then drove 45 minutes to King of Prussia LV and they refused the exchange.

They stated due to the fact of using the purse it was unexchangeable. I showed the Manager my hair that was still attached to the purse and explained that it was painful every time I had to try to get my hair out of the purse. The manager said that she was sorry that’s happening but she will not do anything for me. I used the purse for three days and it was in the same condition that I bought it. At this point I was in such disbelief that someone could actually think it was ok for that to happen that I called Client Services while I was in the store. They suddenly have no record of my call but instead they have a call on the same day about a purchase over the phone for another bag! What!? Client Services stated that the store had the decision to accept my exchange.

This store has refused to do a exchange on a very expensive purse that is pulling my hair out of my scalp. This is not fair! It has now been a complete nightmare since dealing with this company! I was working with a rep at Client Services that said the store will try to do a repair. I sent the bag to LV in KOP and they were suppose to call once they received it. Of course they didn’t. Instead, they shipped it back to me after having it for 5 days! A gentleman from the KOP location left me a voicemail stating they were unable to refund my money. A refund is not what I wanted. They were suppose to do a repair! I’ve called Client Services over a dozen times asking to speak to this supervisor who will not call me back.

I’ve spoke to several people who say they want to help but have no results! I spend numerous hours of wasted time running in circles with these people. I spent a lot of money for a purse to use not to sit in a closet. All I wanted was a repair or exchange for different bag. Is this too much? Extremely disappointed with the lack of professionalism and Customer care. The level of customer service is completely different when you’re purchasing to when you need help with a bag that possibly has a bad design for you. I’ve never given a bad review online! But I also have never dealt with such horrific service!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I bought a Louis Vuitton little over 5 months ago (I have been trying to get them to help me since it happened, my purse was brand new at the time) and once I placed my bag on my seat in my car, the bottom of the bag melted. Really not sure what happened since this was a very expensive purse. My car and the seat were not hot because I was sitting on it! It was about 70 degrees outside in Colorado. I sent the purse back and LV told me there was nothing they can do. This was a $2900 bag.

Resolution response: Sept. 6, 2018

Based on my BBB status, I show complaint was sent to Louis Vuitton on yesterday. Not sure if my formal complaint or other online reviews made a difference, but I received a call from Louis Vuitton today explaining there was a miscommunication between client services and the department responsible for receiving returns. I was told everything has been cleared up and another overnight label was being sent to me. I was told the rep working my case was checking the status and then became aware of the mixup. I will initiate another return and trust the issue will be resolved. Finally.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

On 11 July, I spoke over the phone with an LV customer service rep on two requests: To confirm availability of a specific Neverfull bag for purchase. To inquire about replacement for my Speedy that has significant cracking. This was my second conversation to discuss both. As I am a resident of Pike Road, AL, the Saks location in Birmingham, AL is my closest LV store. My original conversation also discussed Neverfull availability and Speedy cracking with hopes to resolve in store. During the 11 July conversation I was made aware that the Neverfull I desired was not in stock at the Birmingham location but could be shipped to a location in NYC to coincide with my family vacation.

During the 11 July conversation I also stayed on the phone with the customer service rep who diligently searched store inventories to locate one that also contained adequate number of Speedy models to match my current; As due to cracking experienced, my bag would be replaced in store. This is the second confirmation I received of replacement. The initial rep also indicated since bag was less than 5 years old, it would be replaced. Due to numerous forums and blog posts I’ve read regarding cracking and issues, I asked if there would be any issues completing in store. During the 11 July conversation I was assured there would be no issue and there would be no problems with replacement. Upon notification of arrival at the NYC store (Saks 611 Fifth Avenue, 1st Floor), I arrived to complete both transactions: 1. Retrieve ordered bag 2. Replace Speedy.

I’m very disappointed at the overall service experience after my family and I (after traveling all day from Alabama) spent our first evening traveling to the store from a Queens hotel and waiting to be helped. I personally counted 4-5 reps with at times 3 standing at the counter. After waiting to receive my bag, I then proceeded to discuss the replacement. After explaining, the reps pulled and prodded my bag with facial expressions that did not demonstrate the customer service I would expect from LV. After continuous conversation with reps and the store manager about the cracking and “protocol” (which was not shared during either conversation with phone customer service), I was then asked about storage and climate. The manager indicated they were not familiar with any cracking of the Speedy bag.

After another customer mentioned his experience with cracking as well, I was pulled to the side by the manager and told she owns many monogram canvas bags and none have cracked. I could go on but believe I’ve done enough to express my displeasure with the customer service received. Overall, this entire experience and interaction were very disappointing. I shared with my brother in law who is a VP for Coach. He shared what proper customer service protocol should have been and also expressed his disappointment. More importantly, he pointed out proper service for two major concerns I described. Bag examination should have been done in a discreet manner and not one that made me as the customer feel uncomfortable and ashamed as if my bag was being examined in front of other customers to determine authenticity.

I was never asked for profile info or the sales information. Secondly, the manager showed the complete opposite of empathy by explaining her bags never experienced cracking. She explained protocol again but this is completely contrary to what was shared initially over the phone. Traveling with a family of 5 is already difficult with luggage space. With proper protocol information before leaving home, I could have preserved luggage space for my traveling family which includes 3 small children. After back and forth with terrible customer service at a store, I sent in pictures of my Speedy and received a voucher for return after customer relations indicated a defect and indicated they would honor replacement.

After waiting on Status and phoning customer service with no return, they sent my handbag back to the WRONG ADDRESS. A shame a $20 handbag outlasts these. Disappointing. After being a committed customer with 4 purchases, I WILL NOT be patronizing LV. Do not waste your money on a subpar product with horrible customer service backing. $1000 spent and LV didn’t even have the decency to reach out to me as a customer. Simply sent the bag back.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

In May 2018 I purchased this shoe for my Birthday, paid $842.00 at LV online. Wore the shoes occasionally... A month later I began to notice the sole on the heel part extremely worn down... Mind you I have less expensive shoes that I wear more regular and had for years that has not presented this problem. I called customer service to explain my concern. The representative took my name and number and told me a manager would call me back. This never happened. I called back a month later. Sent pictures, went over the same story again... Rep said he would call me back. That never happened.

I am furious at this point and called back a third time requesting a Manager. She apologized profusely, I sent the pics again to her, repeated my story again, she took information and told me she will call her quality department and get back to me. She returned my call within 10 minutes to say that there is nothing that they can do for me because it is normal wear and tear... What??? The cheapest no name shoe I have ever bought in my life has never had the sole wore down within a month. I am talking all the way down!!! This is not what I expect for $842.00.

Over the past 6 years I have had my bag exchanged 3 times at the LV store in Towson Mall... They exchanged it each time for acknowledged defects. Something is not right with the quality of LV products being sold in the USA. I even asked them if their products were real... For almost $2000... I should not have to take my bag back 3 different times within a 6 year period for manufacturer defects! They need to be investigated! I question the legitimacy of their products. I am sure I am not the only one with these issues.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I think the reason for such a low rating is because most people who have a bad experience leave reviews more often whereas people with good experiences don't. The reason for my review is that my most recent purchase, I had incorrectly put in my billing address so I contacted LV through chat and the associate helping me was so sweet. Her name was Charmaine and she answered every single one of my questions timely and efficiently. When I told her the issue, she asked if it would be okay if she called me. I said yes and she called me right away and kindly fixed the order for me and even provided complimentary overnight shipping on MY mistake after I mentioned I had a trip coming up. I wasn't expecting any kind of restitution for my own mistake but I'm so glad I had the pleasure of speaking to Charmaine.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My name is Maame ** a good Louis Vuitton client. I purchased a bag and another bag made of the same material 5 years ago. I took it to the main Louis Vuitton store at Tyson’s corner for repair due to both of them falling apart. the manager and repair specialist rudely told me the body bag is a known issue so it can be exchanged. They told me the big bag, the one attached cannot be repaired nor exchanged because it got that way due to wear and tear. I told them I hardly wear the purse due to the price tag. The repair specialist told me and I quote, "I do not know how you carry your bag but that is clearly wear and tear."

I tried for an hour to reason with the manager to no avail. I then went to the Neiman Marcus Store since that is where I purchased both bags. Mr. Khang ** was very kind, took the time to take pictures and sent it to his repair specialist last Saturday. I called him yesterday and today, left a message for him today. He called me back and said nothing can be done. I called client services and was advised to email pictures which I did twice. No one answered my email so I called back after 3 days. Was put on hold for 30 mins. A client service lead came on the phone and told me the bag got that way due to wear and tear. It cannot be repaired and the leather binding can be repaired for 240 dollars. I spend a lot of money on a purse, hardly used it, canvas fell apart and it’s wear and tear. Bad product pictures attached. Bad customer service too, very quick to smile when they are taking your money and quick to treat you bad when products go south.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I'm so upset! I spent a lot of money on my white LV bag and haven't used it a lot because I was afraid that it might get dirty. Every time I used it, I always cleaned and put it in the included bag that they gave me. Recently I took out the bag and found out that it turns yellow and sticky. I brought it to the store and later found out that it's not consider a quality issue because the bag is about 13 years old! I paid thousand dollars for a bag that cannot last more than 10 year!? Big disappointment for a LV product. I paid 300 for a Coach bag that lasts me for more than 10 years and still in good condition. NO MORE LV PRODUCTS!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

To start off, this review is my honest horrible experience with AMANDA and the entire staff at Louis Vuitton Garden City, Roosevelt Field Macy's location. LIZ also added to my unpleasant experience. After owning my Pochette Metis for a short 2 months, with gentle use mostly on weekends, the wax on the edge of the shoulder strap started to peel off. I was shocked and upset since I'm gentle with my items, especially high end "luxury" ones. I went in to LV and explained to AMANDA the issue and she said it's no problems & that this style bag has been having these problems and she will put in a complimentary replacement strap order free of charge. I asked for a confirmation receipt or paper, and she guaranteed I did not need one, just my name/last name. I asked one last time and she said not to worry. I took her word for it.

She mentioned 6-8 weeks, and honestly, I wasn't in such a rush that I did not call or bug anyone, thinking I would get an update eventually. (That was Nov 2017) Months pass & having not heard from them, I stopped by confident that they just forgot to call me since it was already March 2018. I asked the first available associate and she said she can't locate any order in the system with my name. As she way saying this, I saw AMANDA walk out. When I explained to her, she also looked like a deer in headlights. She could not explain to me why the order "she placed" was not coming up. Now that I think about it, I wish I didn't stay so calm and act so kind. Others would have caused a scene. I calmly waited for her to place me another complimentary order. This time I demanded a receipt. No sorry, nothing.

Weeks later I decided to call and see what the update was... and this is when everything hit the fan. I looked at the receipt she gave me and it showed $210.00 charge that was NEVER mentioned to me. I wanted to speak with her to clear this up since it was complimentary. I have screenshots (proof) that I tried to get in contact with AMANDA 24 times. Every time I called the store, different employees told me AMANDA will call me right back, I called from morning to evening, spoke to a minimum of 5 different people (one name I can remember is George). HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU GET 24 CALLS TO A STORE AND CAN'T CALL BACK??? I ended up in disbelief calling a customer service line that got in contact with (a manager?) named ROSA who guaranteed AMANDA would call me. N E V E R H A P P E N E D. Weeks went by and some other employee called to say my strap is finally ready.

I went in, and had the displeasure of meeting LIZ. She brings the strap and tells me my total is $210.00 (HAHA) I told her I'm not paying a penny and tried to quickly explain my situation... instead of her saying, "Sorry for your experience"... ANYTHING they teach people working sales, ESPECIALLY high end luxury companies. If someone is paying $$$$ for handbags, we expect and deserve to have a pleasant experience and top of the line customer service, especially with simple requests such as these. In the end, I hope people like AMANDA and the rest of the staff gets contacted from someone higher up and is given a lesson in basic customer service and general common sense. I would expect this type of service from cheap stores "fast fashion" but not LV.

Original review: April 25, 2018

On 4/14/2018 I went to the LV store in Sarasota, FL that just opened because my purse strap started to rip. Mind you the purse was purchased in January 2018 so only 3 month old, walked in everyone was nice. I showed the gentleman my problem. He said well I have to take pictures and send it to someone who can look at it and decide if they will fix it or I will have to pay for it. LOL I was like ummm look I just purchased this purse and I'm not paying to get this fixed. So either the 17th or 18th I called LV and spoke to someone who told me the same thing that I would probably have to pay for it then connected me to the store in Sarasota. Fine whatever, spoke to the same gentleman. He said he hasn't heard anything when he does he will call me.

We are going on 2 weeks my strap is broken off now and still no answer. (I stopped using the 2 small handle straps and have to use the one that attaches to the outer part of the purse.) Called LV again on 4/23/18 explained everything, he said he would have to connect me to the store. I said I already tried to call the store and I got you. So he tried connecting me to the store 2 times without any success. Today 4/24/18 I emailed client services, the lady emailed me back saying she was sorry but rest assured that when they hear from the repair center they will get back to me. It was my choice to purchase the purse I know but stand behind your work. I run a business and if I told my customers that I was sorry but "we will get back to you," pretty sure I wouldn't have any left. I feel as if I am getting the runaround and am extremely disappointed in the quality of this purse.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I took my Limited Edition 2009 Kalahari PM (the Madonna bag) in because the handle has beads and one bead had broken off & the center part of the buckle (the long clasp, that fits through the hole on a belt) had come off and was lost but I still had the remaining buckle parts. I took it into the Lenox Mall LV store. The repair specialist asked where it was purchased, I told him it was a gift, he inspected the issues and told me he would return shortly. He took the bag to the back, stayed about 15 min, came back and said he couldn’t find the store sku # for the bag because it was a limited edition showpiece from 2009 and it's no longer carried in stores or made. He took all my info and told me he’ll send off to repair shop in California, and within 2 weeks I’ll have an idea of cost price if any, and assessed time for repairs.

I received an email this a.m. from LV store saying my purse is ready for pickup, and it couldn’t be repaired because it’s “non- authentic.“ Are they crazy! If the bag was not authentic why would it even be able to be sent off for repairs? The well trained SA would have spotted it as non authentic when I initially brought it in for repair. All of the markings, serial numbers, date codes, hardware, materials, are authentic LV so what are they talking about? Has anyone else had such issues??? I will update as to what happens when I go to pick up. But I definitely need feedback and suggestions as what to do. If you know this bag you will see it’s not something easily replicated because of the odd materials.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I purchased a Neverfull in San Antonio Texas where the clerk did not wear gloves when handling a purse. I was not sure if out of the two which one I would want since this was a major purchase I had been saving up for. The clerk that helped me was very nice and told me if I decided to exchange I could within 30 days of my purchase at a store nearest to me. I was there for a conference and had to fly back to my home. I was able to put my LV box in my suitcase and knew it would be best not to leave the purse in the check back. So I took the purse out the box and put on my carry on bag on the plane, what most woman would do after spending 1400 dollars. Within a week of me debating on the purse I decided that I wanted the initial Neverfull. Since the nearest store was 4 hours away, I had to arrange a trip to the store.

It was the second week of owning the purse. I had bought a liner to put in the purse to try out what I carry in my purse at home. So yes the purse was not as it was originally packaged. I took the 4 hour drive for the Charlotte NC. The store clerk took the purse to the back room and came out and pointed to a piece of lint on the inside of the purse and said it was used and not resalable. I was in disbelief of spending that kind of money and being talked to in that way. I called the customer service outside of the store and told her what just happened, she asked me to send her pictures which I did and spent two hours waiting to hear back from her to say what the clerk said they have to go with, even though the customer service representative Micah agreed she could not see anything wrong with the purse in the pictures.

As I have stated to everyone, if I would have walked in that store looking like a million dollars that clerk would have bent over backwards to accommodate me. My daughter in law and myself were judged the moment we walked in. I took the purse to other purse stores and the clerks said there was nothing wrong with the purse and they would exchange it. So MK and Kate Spade kudos to you for not thinking you are better than everyone else and I support your brands 100%. If you are a working class person don't waste your money or time going to the Charlotte NC store. You are not worthy of their purses. They walk around with gloves like they are handling artwork. If the purse is used why are the handles still falling in and the bottom still forms to the fold. This will be the only money this company will get from me.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I went to the LV in Naples, FL. I had heard horror stories about how they treat people. I can honestly say that was not the case for me. I bought a GM Montagine with the Zippy organizer. I did look at quite a few bags before setting in on that one. My SA Sabrina was fabulous. She emailed me on tips on how to care for my bag. She also sends me texts to events from time to time. I purchased my items July of 2016 and I love them. I also own an Artsy MM which I love as well. I bought that one online and had no issues. I think there will always be bad reviews with good. I would always go for yourself and see. I will buy another bag from them.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I purchase a Zippy wallet with leather corners 5 months ago. The wallet is bowing where it’s stitched close to the zipper. This is a $960 wallet, that I’m being told this is due to “normal wear and tear”!!! I am retired and my wallet sits in my purse 5-6 days a week without coming out! I took it back to Ross Park mall and there’s NOTHING they can do for me. They sure take your money with a smile, but God help you if there’s a problem... You’re screwed. Then the store manager had the nerve to say to come back and pick a more durable wallet at MY expense!!!! SERIOUSLY?

Original review: April 2, 2018

This was my email to the manager at LV Scottsdale. They responded again saying that they would not warranty it. Clearly the face of Europe has changed a lot and “made in France” or “made in Italy” just doesn’t hold the same water anymore. These are not the same artisans that were mentored by generations of skilled workers...

"I’m emailing you to follow up on the conversation we had earlier today in-store regarding the belt I brought in for return. Initially someone at the store deemed the visible damage on the belt to be “wear and tear”. As discussed and later shown on my second visit when I brought in the second identical belt, one that had been bought prior to the damaged one in question, there appears to be significant variations in quality. The first belt I purchased I am quite happy with, however it is clear by the wear on the buckle itself, the newest belt purchased actually has been worn far less, yet the leather face and holes have not held up to the standard of the first. Additionally I would add, the belt has not held up to the expectations any LV consumer would have with respect to the quality of a top 3 luxury brand.

"I think it’s fair to imply that myself, as well as any of your clientele, would be highly frustrated by the fact that you have sales staff in place that speak to the construction and quality of the products, yet do not have the ability or perhaps the discretion to discern differences in quality on two identical products. One being well made and the other being defective with a limited time span for wear. A belt is worn on such a unique part to anyone’s body, making a case for the item being defective when both items are present is simple, as they are clearly not of the same kin when put side by side and worn the same way, on average, day to day.

"This is the latest frustration I have with the brand although there have been several in the past. First I had a Taiga leather wallet purchased to match my luggage, it had been stitched improperly. Inner card pockets detached from the outer shell of the wallet as the needle and thread only hit 50% of the area, the balance of the pocket the needle did touch barely linked to anything substantial it could bite into. Basically an $800 wallet fell apart and the misconstruction was there for all to see, yet again, LV deemed it wear and tear. I threw it away and don’t feel comfortable purchasing another to match my luggage as there is no responsibility taken from LV should this happen again!

"I purchased two identical LV canvas tubular style bracelets, both detached at the clasp. $200 each, so not the hill to die on, yet frustrating. So my question is this, what exactly should I expect from the brand and why does it seem to be the mandate of the customer service or warranty reps to dismiss their client's claims? I find dealing with the brand circuitous when doing anything other than swiping a credit card. I’ve spent a lot of money at the store and I can assure you that my various girlfriends over the years have swiped my cards there a lot too. I need some direction as to how you plan of rectifying the issue at hand as well as why I should stay loyal to the brand. Having to write and email about a defective belt seems a bit much, however I’m tired of my issues being dismissed.

"James, I appreciate your time and I would also appreciate if this email was sent to whomever is reviewing the photos you submitted. I’d like to know who this individual is, or who the department contact is should this issue not be resolved quickly in my favor. You’ve stated that this would be addressed next week at some point. Please contact me back here via email when you have anything to report back. Please restore my faith in the brand."

Original review: March 16, 2018

So, I have been buying many LV products online the last couple of years because my income has changed. The last two items I bought, however, did not meet my expectations. The first was the Neo Eye-Trunk for iPhone X. The product list price was $1250 but the product itself was poorly designed. The clasp that was designed to keep the phone on the case, yes, on the case, not inside, kept loosening up. My phone fell out many times. Also, the gold pieces on the edges of the phone scratched easily. I had to return it. It was within 14 days. I got my money back into my PayPal account two days after they received the phone back.

I then bought the mini Palm Springs backpack. The price was 2K. The bag was poorly made in that the zipper would get stuck in the middle of opening it if the bag was not full. Also, the color of the bag was mustard and it was just ugly in real life vs. in the picture. It was very dull looking bag. Anyhow, I did not like it. I hung on to it close to 30 days to see if I would change my mind and I didn't. I just could not get myself to love it. I called LV on the 29th day and sent it out on the 31st day. My return was within 30 days. I got my money in my PP account the day after they received the bag back. I feel that LV products are subpar compare to Gucci. However, LV is more popular for some reason. I still like LV. I like them even more that they were able to refund my money in full x 2. I truly was not happy with those two items. I am happy with the other products I bought in the past.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Just adding to the numerous bad reviews this company already has by sharing one more. Even one star is too many for this review. Every review that I have read is absolutely accurate and I am extremely disappointed that I had to find this out for myself. Unfortunately the “customer service” is there for appearances and not for any help at all. Absolutely disgusted with the way I was spoken to on the phone when I called to check the status on my repair. The agent was rude and used verbatim out of context and then proceeded to give me a lesson on English vocabulary since I seemed to be intimidated by the words she was using.

At the end I still have no idea where my purse is, she could NOT disclose this information and the actual store is way too busy for anyone to look. While at the store everyone pretends to be so helpful and polite and once you spend your money it’s too bad you made the mistake of giving it to the wrong company. One thing I can say is I WILL take my business elsewhere!

Louis Vuitton Company Information