2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (184 ratings)

About Louis Vuitton

Louis Vuitton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have bought some perfume and jewelry from Louis Vuitton. The box arrived, then when I open the box, the packages are all there but the actual items are missing. I have heard lots of story about this but I don't believe it. I have had very satisfied with the service in the past. What is happening lately? Are there employees theft which Louis Vuitton is not working hard to resolve? It is frustrated for not getting what you want and have to take time to deal with it. I think I am no longer want to purchase from this Luxury Brand.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Buyer beware. Purchasing from a luxury brand like Louis Vuitton doesn’t mean their customer service or quality assurance will be any better than any other company. I stalked the website for 6 weeks for the elusive Felicie Pochette in Monogram Canvas before I was finally able to snag one off the website on April 24, 2021. I received my order on May 1, 2021 with the intention of giving it as a gift on May 8, 2021. The recipient of the gift was with me on the day I received my shipment so I was not able to open the package and verify the contents. On May 2, 2021, I opened the package to verify the contents. It was at this time that I became aware that the gold strap/chain was missing from my order. I was baffled that it would be able to leave the fulfillment center like this. When you’re spending $1200+ on a small clutch, you would expect there to be a decent level of quality assurance and it would come with all the required components.

I incorrectly assumed this would be an easy fix. I contacted Louis Vuitton client services on May 2, 2021 and was told by the CA that the department that would be able to handle this for me was not in the office in the moment, but she would follow up with me later that day or at the very latest, the next day. May 3, 2021 came and went and I received no call back. On May 4, 2021, I called Louis Vuitton client services again for an update on my issue. This time the CA advised me that the department responsible had opened a ticket and I would be receiving a replacement overnighted to me. I should expect the tracking number to be emailed to me in less than 24 hours. 24 hours later on May 5, 2021, I had not received a tracking number and no update on my issue.

On May 5, 2021, I contacted Louis Vuitton client services again. This time the CA advised me that everything I had been told previously was incorrect. They would not be able to ship me a replacement immediately. My options were 1. To return the item for a full refund, or 2. Wait 4-6 weeks for a replacement strap/chain to be mailed to me. Neither of these options seemed acceptable to me. The Felicie Pochette is available in different colors/materials for purchase on the site right now. How can they continue selling this item with an identical strap/chain without first fulfilling their orders that have already been shipped and received and make their current customers whole? I’m also not going to return this item and risk never being able to order it again as it is a very popular and hard to find item.

I advised the CA that neither option was acceptable and I wanted to speak to a manager. After being placed on hold for 15 minutes, the CA advised me that his manager was occupied and would call me back in less than an hour. Here we are, 12 hours later and I have not received a call back. I’m completely baffled at the lack of quality assurance and customer service from a luxury brand. Shipping an item without the required components is bad enough, but then telling a customer who has already paid for an item that they have to wait 4-6 weeks to be made whole is unacceptable.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My wife bought a large size LV hand bag with Shoulder Strap about 3 to 4 years ago at about $3500+/-. The Shoulder Strap started to become sticky/melting. It stained her cloth when she wore the Shoulder Strap after first year. It also stained the metal part. It was terrible workmanship.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Bought a new handbag from Louis Vuitton. Took it out the packaging and wore it, the metal latch continued to fall open. This was within the first week of purchase. Took it back to the store, they told me sometimes the magnets don’t line up. It was not overfull at all they agreed. They said there was nothing they could do about it, if I wanted to get it repaired it was on me and it would take 14 weeks. This company does not stand behind their product. Beware.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

They have a automatic system that process their orders. If you have a different billing and shipping address, the system automatically cancels your order! You have to either drive to a store to pick the items up. Which there is not many locations or go without the items. Forget that! I will continue keeping my money in my pocket. It’s not worth all of that!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I bought a tote bag bb. $3500, via Paypal. The system did not except my Sale, So tried ringing the firm 1300 582 827. Was put through to a service lady. She was very nice BUT again my sale would not go ahead, so canceled. it's a useless firm to do a purchase,

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The worst online purchase experience ever!!! Never buy from Louis Vuitton online, it is very frustrating and unbelievably dumb. I waited for 2 months for a wallet that I purchased as a gift for my bf. In the end, I am convinced that my package is lost and never coming. Despite my multiple attempts trying to be patient and work with LV and UPS to try and locate my package, they continue to try and pass off my problem and both keep telling me to contact the other party and that there's nothing more they can do. So in the end, I took matters into my own hands and called my bank to refute my purchase.

Number of things LV did wrong:

1. Begin with sending the wrong tracking info with my shipped email. Had to call them a week later to get the right tracking number.

2. I bought the product on their Canadian site and paid all the appropriate taxes but package was shipped from US.

3. The new tracking # showed from the beginning that it was "missing important documents" and that might delay delivery.

4. My package end up sitting in custom clearance over 2 weeks.

5. Called LV on the progress of my shipment and possible missing documentation and I was told "why would there be any problem with the paperwork" and refused to look into the concern.

6. Called LV to try and start a claim with UPS on what's going on with my package and next time I called the claim was closed and nothing recorded or any information/update on my package.

7. Kept calling between LV and UPS on where my package is and no one is able to give me any clear answer or offer any solution to my problem.

8. Even after my expected delivery date, I called LV to help me track my package. One associate simply said well the tracking shows the package "in transit" and in her "experience" it means it's in custom and there's nothing they can do and it can just be months. Even though on the UPS tracking shows it's just been sitting in an Canadian warehouse for weeks and nothing about in Clearance.

9. I had to take matters in my own hands and started a claim myself with UPS and was given 8 business days to resolve this issue and was told to contact my shipper about the result.

10. After waiting another 2.5 weeks I called LV for the result of the UPS claim but was told that because I didn't open claim through them they will not be able to receive any report from UPS. EVEN THOUGH I WAS TOLD SPECIFICALLY BY UPS THAT THE RESULT WILL BE ONLY SENT AND DISCLOSED TO THE SHIPPER.

11. In the end UPS refuse to directly tell me the result of my claim and keep telling me that I have to contact the shipper. And LV keeps telling me that there's nothing more they can do for me because they didn't open the claim and that I will have to contact UPS directly moving forward with my claim and they won't be able to open another claim.

12. Thanks a lot for nothing LV! What a joke of a company with all these incredibly incompetent associates.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Bought a bag a week ago with a large Matte black LV logo in the front, one corner of the logo chipped and when I complained I was told user error - spent $4000 on the bag! Sent 4 emails and 3 calls still no resolution. Shameful!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Worst customer service experience EVER. I purchased this bag less than 6 months ago. The trim of the bag is bleeding into the pink accents. This bag has never been wet, it is in perfect condition. I won't even carry a pen in my bag for fear of leakage. No one has acknowledged my claim as a defect. They only want to repair it in the same exact fashion. This same thing will happen again and then what? I am stuck, it has been over a year, too late. Apparently, I am already too late. It is past 30 days. When you pay this much for a bag....you expect top notch customer service and QUALITY most of all. I am so sad and disappointed in this company! I received a new bag for Christmas and I only have resentment when I even look at it. Disgusted!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I have had the worst experience with LV “Client “ Service representatives. They are rude, don’t answer your questions and bounce you around until you give up and hang up. They are absolutely useless. Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.

Louis Vuitton Company Information