Louis Vuitton

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On 2/14/17 evening, my husband and I purchased a handbag in your store. At checkout time, we were told the option for hot stamping, at that time, would take about 45 minutes so we decided to come back to get this done at a later time. We were told to come back anytime, and that it would only take 10 minutes to do. On 2/19 morning, we drove back to your store to get the hot stamping done. To our surprise, we were told we had to leave the bag and the person who could hot stamp was not working on weekends, and that I should call next time before I come.

On 2/25 at noon, I called Santa Monica 3rd St Promenade Store, and spoke to someone who was very unprofessional, put me on hold right away before asking me what I needed which resulted her in putting me on hold 3 more times after that, a total conversation of 30 minutes. I specifically called to make sure someone was there today to do the hot stamping. She then proceeded to tell me I would have to leave my bag in the store for about 3 days, yet again I'm being told something different. Then she put me on hold again to check on the hot stamp specialist and was told the person would be there Friday 2/25 until 7 PM. I was asked what time I would come and I responded between 6:30-7:00 PM. I had to leave work early, arrived at Louis Vuitton at 6:15 PM this evening, all this to be told the hot stamp person was only there in the morning that day and they had nobody who could do it.

This is absolutely ridiculous customer service. Now I think back about my experience when I first walked in, where this guy barely greeted us, showed us the 3 bags I requested to see and walked away and never came back to check up on us. The reps who work at that location (with the exception of Erika) make it very uncomfortable to go to this specific store. Do yourself a favor and go to another store. Or better yet, purchase your bag in Europe where it is much cheaper (at least right now). I ended up returning the bag on my third attempt at getting the hot stamping done, as it was my third time in the store and you could not assist me for the third time in 10 days.

I received a beautiful, dark brown Mahina Hobo handbag as a gift from a friend a few months ago. The bag is gorgeous, in excellent condition; however, after a few wears and (when I'm not wearing it the bag is stored in my closet in a duster bag) the handles on the bag started to change color as if the leather was breaking down. Another girlfriend of mine indicated that she had a similar issue with her Bottega and Louis Vuitton handbags she had received as a gift and both stores exchanged the bag for her without issue. With that in mind, I went to the Louis Vuitton store at the Town Center in Boca Raton to see if my issue could be resolved. I was greeted by a gentleman. I explained my issue and showed him the bag. He stated that damage occurred because the bag was exposed to humidity, which was not the case with my bag since I had only wore it several times and had stored it in the duster bag when I wasn't wearing it.

I asked him how they would be able to resolve my issue. He indicated that I would need the purchaser's information or receipt in order to replace the bag. I told him that I don't know where the purchased was purchased since it was given to me as a gift several months ago. He indicated without that information they would be unable to assist me and suggested that I could pay to have the handles replaced. I then explained to him about my girlfriend who had the same issue several months ago (with two bags one Louis Vuitton and one Bottega) and that both stores had exchanged the bags without that information and asked why had the policy changed with my same issue. I have another Louis Vuitton bag at home and a wallet, and the reason myself, as well as other Louis Vuitton customers, spend money on this brand is supposed to be because of its "excellent" quality.

Now when I have an issue I'm being asked to pay to repair damage to the bag that had nothing to do with or the natural wear and tear of the bag. The gentleman then walked to back because he didn't even know the name of the handbag (which is disappointing because as an employee he should be familiar with all of the merchandise). When he returned he changed his statement further stating that even with the purchase information they would only be able to replace the handles; although he had initially stated that they would replace the bag. Furthermore, when I provided him the name of the bag, he had the nerve to tell me that I was wrong, when I know exactly what bag I had because I had been wanting this particular bag for a while before my girlfriend gave it to me.

After leaving the store I contacted the customer service to file a complaint about the inconsistency in store policy and to complain about the employee's lack of knowledge of the merchandise and they were also; unfortunately, extremely unhelpful and even more difficult. The customer service representative that took my complaint asked me again for the original purchaser's name which I obviously didn't have since it was given to me as a gift and since I had no way of knowing where she got the bag from and I thought that it would be rude to ask, I told her that I could provide her my girlfriend's name but I don't know where she purchased the bag and asked again why I was being asked all of this information when my girlfriend did not have to go through this interrogation.

She further stated that after speaking with the store manager the same option that the associate had given me and further indicated that once they received "the purchaser's information" the bag would have to be sent to have a quality check performed (God knows how long that would take) or that I could simply get the handles replaced since it was in excellent condition. I again asked her why I was being asked all of these questions, and why was I being treated differently than my friend had been with the exact same issue. I am also disgusted at the employees suggestion that the bag had been exposed to humidity, when I know that was not the case since I had rarely worn the bag and had taken extra care to make sure that it remained in excellent condition.

I am extremely disappointed at the quality of customer service I received from both the store, the customer service line, and the store manager; the inconsistencies in store policy from person to person, and the refusal of the store to appropriately resolve my issue with the bag's degradation. The bag is supposed to be an investment. I did my part by taking proper care of the bag and am appalled at the lack of care that the Louis Vuitton staff had when I came to them with my issue. I will NEVER be purchasing another Louis Vuitton bag and will definitely tell all of my friends and family about this disappointing experience and highly recommend that they spend their money on other designer labels.

I Recently walked into a Louis Vuitton in Bloomingdale's on the corner of 59th and 3rd. I was coming in for some solutions for a had bag that I purchased my wife 3 months ago that dye had spilled on that morning. Not only did I not get any solutions the manager was speaking down to me in a condescending manner. We invest so much money in this product of luxury and it is amazing how nothing can be done for you. I was told "sorry but we cannot do anything for this bag" and when I asked for a solution I was told "buy another bag and throw that one out". The manager said we cannot fix or replace this bag, it's too expensive to take apart and reattach a new component. I'm like what??

Whether it's expensive or not is for the customer to decided. There should be a in warranty service and a out of warranty service for bags especially on new bag that are still being sold. not only am I disgusted with the service I don't think I will be referring any friends and family to this company. I will miss your products but it's not worth the disappointment or heartache.

Louis Vuitton charged my credit card 3 times, then refused to send my item. They would not even call my bank to verify the charges or fix them. It was their own "global maintenance computer issue" and Customer service was incredibly rude to me. This company apparently does not need customers, I guess it's b/c their products are so overpriced. I ultimately received an email stating they are "unable to accept my order" despite having "Accepted my MONEY".

Ordered Louis Vuitton Neverfull. Arrived with damaged strap, and exposed stitching on corner of bag. Requested exchange. Never updated as to how long. Simply received an email the day before delivery. Second bag arrived. Wonky stitching beside buckle. Second bag's box damaged, no receipts, no exchange form, nothing. Emailed complaint. No reply. So called the following day. Told it took 48 hours for someone to respond but the email was tagged to my account. Anyway proceeded and asked why bags were in such bad quality. Couldn't finish my sentence and Danielle kept cutting me off, talking over me. I asked her again why LV bags were in such quality, she said she couldn't answer me. I told her that I had to take two days off work and all the inconvenience they have caused, and she had the audacity to say, "I don't understand what it is that I can do for you, I can't do anything for you!!"

Hated the way I was treated then asked for refund. They won't refund straight away!!! I've paid 14 days ago, no bag, out of money. Complained about that and she still kept talking over me and when I pointed this out she then decided when I was able to speak. Because of her poor attitude I will not be buying from LV again. Poor quality bags and poor customer service. They do nothing to make the situation better. They are so snotty!!! First and last experience with LV.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?

I purchased a pair of Wellington boots. Within the first year it hurt me so much on my ankles, I took them off with help of my sister and I got a cramp. I was in so much pain. I wore them a few times after that. Again with help of someone taking them off, I had so much pain on the lower bit of my leg and happened to have cramps. Since then it has been continuous.

I sent them back to be checked but they said there is no fault. They are so rude to you over the phone, their customer service advisors are not trained to speak to customers. They are such horrible people who will never help you with your query unless purchasing from them. I have been a customer of Louis Vuitton as well as my family But I will never purchase from them again.

I have been put Off wearing my boots which cost me £265. They look as though they are new. I really dislike this company they did. It assist me at all. How can they say there isn't a fault yet am in pain every time I wear them. I have spoken to a member of staff at citizens advice bureau and I will now take this further. Until I win my case. I will not let this go now especially after the rude staff have made me feel so low.

Bought cuff bracelet for my wife. It was too small. Followed return process and sent it back. The item was returned to me and they said it had too many scratches to be resold. My wife tried it on and it was only out of its box for less than 5 minutes. They say they have pictures of the damage but refuse to send me copies. The bracelet has no visible damage. I am denying the charge and sending a demand letter for copies of the pictures, which I am sure they don't have.

My husband bought me a purse for Christmas, first, and I would say the last of Louis Vuitton! I showed my special gift to my family and friends but I wanted different designs so I went back to exchange it. My sales associate said she can't take it because had been used. I was furious and upset for the accusation of word used. I said "show me what is wrong?!" She said "maybe if the lotion you used in your hands the color of handles changed the color," and she said for the wallet has been used! Still upset over the statement which I never used it. She said "the wallet when you open has bubbles." I was going insane what I was hearing! $700 wallet can create bubbles less than 2 weeks. Ridiculous, insane, what is wrong? I paid $2800 for a crappy quality that can't last in closed, and they don't stand by their product! This is rip off! How come they don't get a big lawsuit against them! So bad experience? They make you go insane.

Please someone do something about this unfair and overrated brand that treats customers like trash. We pay for the product and they should stand by their product period... Or maybe they sold me a defected or used one I don't know. My sales her name is Marissa **, went upstairs and came back and handle it big yellow shooing bag to me. Any retail store would be responsible for their product. We are talking high price things, is there justice! The worst experience that I ever lived for something that I never will be able to afford it anymore.

LV Hortensia sunglasses. I really like them. I got them at Christmas night 2016. After a month the temples are too open and I strongly believe that the clerk did a mistake and put in the box the sample ones. I went to exchange them on January 21 at Montreal store and the 30 days grace period has expired, and they can't do nothing... How is possible that a merchandise of such brand doesn't stay behind their quality of their products? Not even a month... I'm very disappointed and until now I can't believe how this brand has survived that long with products of poor quality that after a month is not good. I expected that from a dollar store, and I never been disappointed with a dollar store product as I'm from LV. I really thought that was a brand that respect their own reputation and respect their client. They have the worst customer service policies in the retail store. What a shame LV... Never again!!

I don't recommend their product after reading this site, except I read too late. If you are planning to buy one of their product be informed. They are very kind when they are selling their product. After 30 days they are the worst after sale policies in the industry. They leave you with a really bad product in your hands and immensely disappointed! I'm still waiting for the store director to contact me...

I bought my daughter a key fob for Christmas. Her boyfriend bought her the same one. Went to the Louis Vuitton store in Boston and was told I could only have a merchandise credit. I was also high pressured into buying a bag at the time as well. I bought online in early December, so I was much too late for their ridiculous, unreasonable return policy, which is 14 days! 14 days from the date of purchase. Many stores offer a Christmas return policy until January 31. Louis Vuitton you have lost me, as well as my daughter as customers! Never again will I step into one of your stores. This is a horrible way to treat a customer! Shame on you!

I purchased the Louis Vuitton Artsy for someone in 2013. 4 years later it's in excellent condition. Most of the LV bags you should not allow it to have direct contact with your underarm deodorant while carrying it on your shoulder. Make certain to have on short or long sleeves. NOT sleeveless... This causes rips on the top of the bag from your deodorant. Hope this is helpful.

I purchased a small Louis Vuitton carry on bag for the plane back in March of 2015, and a few weeks ago found a small tear in the leather. When looking closer at the rip, you can see where a piece of the metal and plastic hardware had poked through the leather. I took the bag to my local store, where I literally spend thousands each year, and I had to argue with them to even consider looking at the bag. They then sent the bag away to California and after 2 weeks I was emailed and told the bag could not be repaired and there was nothing they could do. This is the worst customer service I have ever experiences from a luxury brand and would not buy another thing from their line again. I believe buyers should beware.

I bought a men's wallet for my brother for Christmas gift. My brother transfer all his credit cards and money into a new LV men's wallet. After put the wallet into his pocket pants, he say is "Too big. Can I go exchange for a smaller size." He transfer all credit cards and money back to his old wallet. The salesperson say that I have 90 days for exchange. I went back to Saks Fifth Avenue Louis Vuitton store in New Orleans LA. to exchange for smaller size. The manager of the store say that we wasn't able to exchange because is already being used. I'm asking the manager of LV store for exchange and guarantee policy. The manager answer "We don't guarantee anything". I say to the manager of the Store: "I pay $ 500.00 for a piece of trash". The manager say "Take your trash and go". The manager having a very bad customer service. I say to the manager that, "Wal-Mart having a better exchange, guarantee and customer service than Louis Vuitton".

This company is absolutely DISGUSTING. They sell bags and products that are made from CROCODILE SKIN. You yourself are a disgusting company and if you purchase their items you're a disgusting and horrific human being as well. How bout I shove a rod down the back of a human and sell some human skin bags? So horrible. Anyone who does this to an innocent CREATURE for MONEY is going to hell. LOUIS VUITTON IS A SELFISH DISGUSTING COMPANY. STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY, FOOLS.

I purchased Conspiration Pilote Canvas sunglasses from Louis Vuitton store. After carefully wearing little more than 100 times center bar canvas leather broke and fell out. Went to LV store for repair but person in charge of repair said they do not have manual to fix leather part. She suggested I go to third party repair shop and fix it there but also said Louis Vuitton does not spare parts. What the **!!!

I end up calling LV customer service advisor (Tiffany) but they could not help because they are only allowed to repair functional parts. I asked if there is any other alternatives but she said could either keep it as is or throw it away. Nothing they can do for any nonfunctional part of sunglasses. I am going to end up throwing away now over $600 sunglasses because of less than $10 parts.

Louis Vuitton exchange and refund policies suck. They wouldn't exchange a refill perfume I purchased on their website just because simply I unwrapped the plastic cover from the box. Very disappointing that LV's client services and exchange policies don't meet the standard of the name brand.

Me and my girlfriend were out with friends one night. Drinking and having a good time, when a friend of mine (boy) mentioned a Louis Vuitton purse for his mom. My girlfriend responded by saying she wished he was her boyfriend. Real hilarious right? I went into their store to look at bags. I couldn't believe the price tag. They must sell their purses with thousands of dollars of gold inside to ask for such crazy prices. I proceeded to see a doctor. Not because I was shocked about the price, but to sell one of my kidneys. After the operation and the weeks of painful recovery, I went in to finally purchase the bag of her dreams. It turned out I still did not have enough money. I decided to sell my car, a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST. It was a wonderful vehicle, but nothing compared to my girlfriend's happiness. I finally got her this purse, AND SHE DIDN'T LIKE IT.

Great bags, expensive but worth the money. The are not indestructible so take care of them always. I saw many bad reviews about the bags and I can only disagree with them because I only have great experiences with my bags. I have: Neverfull MM in Monogram, Speedy 30 Azur, Speedy 30 Ebene, Speedy B 25 monogram, Pouchette NM Ebene, Lockit pm monogram, Cabas Rivington, Galliera PM monogram, Josephine Wallet, Key Pouch monogram.

I don't tend to baby my bags and they look great after years of use. But please do not expect an expensive bag to be indestructible. If you let your dogs chew them or your 3-year kid play with a scissor close to your handbag, guess what??? They will be destroyed. I saw many pictures of handbags that look like the were left in a car for hours and then people complain about the look of their bags. I can only say I love Louis Vuitton.

Today Louis Vuitton is no longer a brand for elites and select. Of course demand is one of the best thing a brand can desire but satisfying this demand at what cost? Honestly speaking any item less than three grand do not carry brands legendary quality (eg some are made in France some in Spain). I have made a canvas brief purchased and tried to return back due to a defect but naturally I was informed (after three days) that all sales are final. Well I was expected to be nervous but instead I have exchanged it to a high-end Epi brief (Made in France). Not all items are made under excellent supervision of head atelier and that can not practically possible. LV can not satisfy the demand without sacrificing from quality and this is what we should consider while purchasing one.

I purchased a 6 ring key holder from LV back in August 2015. In March 2016, I noticed that the piping on this item was peeling off where there is a compartment right behind the key rings. I took it at the LV store on Fifth Ave in NY and a SA contacted her manager which was extremely nice about it and gave me a brand new one free of charge. The only down side (which is why I don't give it 5 stars) was the fact that she told the reason the piping was coming off was because I stored my driver's license in that compartment. She told me don't put anything in there. What's the point of that card slot then if it's best to not store anything in it?

On another occasion, I purchased an Alma BB in Damier Ebene as well as the Josephine Wallet. I was not happy with the items when I got home and decided I would go exchange them when I had the chance. I went to the LV store at the Westchester Mall in White Plains, NY after 10 days to exchange those items for something else. The SA that helped me inspected all items in front of me and had no issue whatsoever helping me with the exchange! I exchanged them for an Eva Clutch and a compact zippy wallet and was also given a refund for the rest of the money since these last items purchased were less expensive than the other two originally purchased.

I love Louis Vuitton customer service. I bought it in Montreal (Canada) 2 years ago and after 1 year and a half the handles started to tear a little bit. So I went to Louis Vuitton just to ask what they could do to help me and surprisingly the associate told me (after 1 week for verifications) that I could get the 2016 version of the same handbag because my bag was in great condition and I didn't wear it often. One of the best customer service I ever had!!

I bought a LV bag in April through phone and it's delivered to the local store for pickup in May. I didn't want it anymore at that moment so I called to return it. I was told I'll get refund after 30 days automatically if I don't show up to pickup. However, it has been 4 months and I called like 20 times to their customer service and also the local store. Every time they say they need to talk to somebody else and check things before they process it and they promise they'll call me back. But they never did and they never process it! So I called again and again and until now I still don't get my money back. I'll never buy their product again. Worst customer service ever!!!

I have purchased LV bags over the years. I recently brought one in because the zipper was off the track. They are charging me $210 dollars for the zipper to be replaced. NEVER NEVER will I ever buy any of their products again. If you are supposed to be selling a quality bag - then you should stand by your product.

My wife has several Louis V bags. She currently has been getting the runaround and now the brush off from 'Quality Assurance' at Louis. One of her bags which she has rarely even used has developed a rip in the side panel. The 'nice people' say that it is consumer use and that she needs to pay to get it repaired. This is not the first incident like this with this so-called luxury brand. Buyer beware!! Louis V is only about getting your money.

I have bought several items over the phone and it is always the case that customer service are very nice to you when they try to sell you an item, but if you need to call back for anything else, the customer service is terrible and definitely not up to the standards of the brand for which they work. I hope LV looks into the fact that their online retailer accounts with such negative reviews and take matters into account to fix this issue.

On February 3, 2016 I purchased the above handbag at the Louis Vuitton Store in the Aventura Mall, in Aventura Florida. On July 21, 2016, I brought the bag back into the store, as the canvas had a hole in it, and the red lining was showing through the canvas. At the perimeter of the rim, there also appeared a darker brown rim. The hole was on the direct line of where straps were provided to make the bag narrower for a different look. When I returned the bag, the staff in the store, were very negative and nasty and told me that it looked like I burned the bag. The only helpful was their repair specialist. He felt bad for my experience and said that he would try to get the hole repaired. In regard to the rest of the staff I was appalled by their lack of concern and customer care. I also want to note that I have several of their bags and the canvas is thicker on all of them and is more sturdy.

In addition, I am not a smoker and I am never near smokers or fire of any kind. The store sent it to California to be repaired as the inside of the bag was also coming apart. They did fix that, but could not, or would not repair the hole or replace the bag. Their customer service could care less about satisfying their clients who spend a fortune of money for a thin canvas bag. Granted, I bought the bag, so that was my mistake. However when you pay $1,260 plus tax for a bag, one would certainly expect more responsible action on the part of the Louis Vuitton employees to back up a damaged produce. Knowing the lack of quality, endurance, and lack of customer support, in retrospect, I should have bought a copy for one-half the price. I feel duped, and taken advantage of and would very much like others to know "Buyer Beware".

My Wife bought a LV bag in Milan Italy. She called 9 days later to return it and was informed that the LV policy is that it is not possible. No refund is possible in person or by mail. The associate that sold her the bag did not inform her of this at the time of purchase. Only exchanges are permitted. I have never heard of a reputable company that did not allow returns. They should have a sign that states "Your purchase is final" or "No Refund Policy".

Ordered a pair of trainers online to be told my order was cancelled due to the place I work. Louis Vuitton refused to deliver my item due to me working for a Home Care Agency and not wanting to deliver to my head office. I am still waiting a response after the 2 emails of complaints sent to them. After my conversation on the phone with the customer service team I felt extremely low and upset.

I was burned very early on in my Louis Vuitton boutique shopping experience — as a brand-new customer with a lust for the iconic speedy 25. My ordeal happened years ago, but it might as well have happened yesterday because the memory is still that vivid. In reading the complaints here, I see nothing has changed. However, I do count myself lucky because each time I found a defect with the bag I had purchased, the boutique took it back without accusing me of using it (which I had not). I guess it could have been a lot worse: they could have accused me of causing the issues that forced me to return/exchange my purchase.

I exchanged four speedy 25 bags, in all, because there were defects in the leather. I worked in a leather goods repair and sales shop in college and so I examined everything very carefully. But after inspecting the bags in the store only to find issues upon returning home, I'm fairly certain I was getting something else entirely pulled from inventory in the back and boxed up. The ordeal of repeatedly going to/from the boutique, which wasn't exactly close to my home, continued for nearly two weeks until the manager stated that their products were not up to MY standards. Ha! Now that's priceless.

I would caution any customer not to let the bag you wish to purchase out of your sight while shopping their boutique. I would also caution any customer who honestly did not use a bag and is rejected for return to just dispute it straight out with your credit card and file a Better Business Bureau complaint (it's important to do both). I would add, to those who say they would be happy to join a class action lawsuit that no "lawyer" is going to file a class action suit without plaintiffs.

That means that someone here reading this will have to consult an attorney — and if you can afford these bags you should be able to afford legal representation, regardless. Depending on where you live, you may also have the option to take matters to small claims court or to file a complaint with your state consumer affairs bureau. In other words, don't merely post a complaint online. Sour grapes are not going to change anything because people don't visit sites like this until AFTER they have been jilted by a bad experience.

There's a lot of mystic surrounding the Louis Vuitton brand. Louis Vuitton is no doubt an icon but, unfortunately, they've become indifferent to the demands of 21st Century customers and are still making their goods by hand like it's 1869. While "handmade" is generally a good thing, it's NOT going to guarantee that you will always get a product that is of superior quality. Louis Vuitton is nonetheless a mass produced luxury brand and therefore not all of their items will be perfectly stitched, resist all stains or cracks in the leather, nor can you expect the price tag to correspond to 30+ years of actual use. "Handmade" means that no two exactly alike and there will be outright flaws on a certain percentage of their products.

This is the human element of making all things "handmade". Having said that, Louis Vuitton could, at minimum, respond more proactively to common customer complaints (assuming they've heard of a concept called "Best Practices"!). Could they treat their light-colored canvas bags with something to repel dye transfer from magazine covers, denim or the like? You bet. But that would require 21st Century chemistry! Could they line their handbag pockets with a material that can stand up to heat and humidity without disintegrating into a mess so disgusting even a two-year-old won't touch it? Absolutely! (Louis Vuitton, there ARE other types of materials you could use to line those pesky pockets. Your massive market in Japan, alone, deserves as much — do they not make you enough money to at least *consider* it?)

Louis Vuitton canvas wallets are also known to fail in some very predictable ways. If you own one, take a closer look. If you don't own a Louis Vuitton wallet, go on eBay and look at the wallets sold by Japanese sellers (which are almost always authentic). Note, that they're not double stitched along the areas where the wallet will flex. Because they can't be bothered to use a few more inches of thread, Louis Vuitton wallets will eventually develop loose stitching and the edges will typically separate. (If you think this is "normal" for a wallet, you haven't been to Walmart lately to appreciate that any $15 Chinese no-name wallet will outlast a Louis Vuitton wallet. Yes, you read that right: outlast.)

One look at the way Louis Vuitton products "hold up", as evidenced in the secondhand goods market, will inform even the most casual Louis Vuitton patron that their legendary quality is, in fact, fraught with design flaws. A home economics student could point out that it just *might* help to double stitch the wallets in the areas where they flex. But bear in mind: Louis Vuitton makes money, also, by convincing customers that only their authorized repair centers should ever touch their merchandise. And so, by all appearances, they have to build into their product lines a repeated series of flaws so as to ensure their repair facilities to actually have something TO repair.

I will not go so far as to say "Don't buy LV". What I am saying is that customers who have burned in the way many described here have should no longer buy *new* LV. There are thousands of Louis Vuitton products on the secondhand market in just about any condition one wishes to find (or pay for). In this way, consumers can enjoy the look of LV without resorting to A) lining Louis Vuitton's "sticky pockets" at boutique cash-wraps, or B) resorting to replicas.

Consumers should at appreciate, at minimum, that you don't buy a Louis Vuitton because it's "better than". It's simply not. The company is using materials and methods largely unchanged for 100 years. If their methods and/or materials are not in the 21st Century, neither will their production consistency. If Louis Vuitton can't be bothered to fix longstanding product problems like their faulty canvas wallets or delicate pocket linings, than neither should we, as consumers, be "bothered" to buy new Louis Vuitton merchandise (insofar as it suffers the same flaws as the old merchandise).

Years ago, my first-ever Louis Vuitton buying purchase ended in sadness when I had to return not one but several identical bags, only to end up empty handed in the end. After joining the enthusiast website TPF, watching sales on an online website for a couple of years and doing a lot of homework on how to tell the genuine article from a fake, I took the plunge and bought a new speedy 25, unused, on the secondhand market. Unlike my boutique purchases, that speedy was everything I had hoped — as flawless as I had once expected ALL Louis Vuitton merchandise ought to be. If nothing more, my experience proves that you don't have to put up with snooty service, over-priced product pricing (relative to quality) and a questionable return policy to enjoy Louis Vuitton for the flawed, iconic brand that it is.

On October 2015 I got Gaia hobo. After wearing 2 times I realize something was wrong with the canvas and the handle its wrinkle. I went right away to Galleria Mall at Dallas. According to SA that it a normal wear. What on the world?? Just used 2 times. Bag that paid more than $2k. I complain to the customer service. Again they told me they can't do anything regarding my bag. I just so disappointed. LV nowadays the quality is suck.

Louis Vuitton Company Profile