3.3/5 (210 ratings)

About Louis Vuitton

Louis Vuitton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?

Original review: May 6, 2022

I bought a LV necklace at Brookfield Place and it tarnished in a matter of hours. I need a solution. Besides I was mistreated and discriminated at the same store by an employee called Phillip. I request an apology and a refund from the store.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I have been trying to order a hot stamped wallet for my son’s graduation. This was a time sensitive order. The first wallet was defective with the stamp misaligned and along the seam (photos were sent). I was recharged to have another wallet sent and upon opening the SEALED box, there was no wallet in the dust cover. After spending 45 min & 90 min on respective calls to customer service, I still have no wallet. I am being told to reorder the wallet at my expense & I will now have to wait 14 days for an investigation and my $1208 to be refunded. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced especially from a so-called high-end retailer. I have been a loyal LV customer for years (I own 6 bags). I will never shop from your company again. This whole transaction of defective products and empty sealed boxes is your mistake, not the customer’s mistake. Please do better.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I purchased an Artsy bag a few years ago (3) at a Louis Vuitton store in Aruba. At the time of the purchase the consultant told me it was an investment piece that would last a lifetime so you can imagine my surprise after spending nearly 3K on a purse that it would start to wear at the corners. I have had purses I have paid much less for that I have owned for years that have never shown wear. Since the clerk at the LV store told me that LV stands behind their products I reached out to them through the app, I sent the requested pictures and scheduled a call and to my surprise I get an email back saying there is nothing they can do for me. After paying nearly 3k and hearing from the sales rep about the quality I figured it would hold up. I still can’t believe the corners are showing wear (lots of wear). LV will not stand behind their product. I have a colleague who also had the same experience with 2 of her bags and LV would not stand behind those either.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I purchased 2 items in store, in Las Vegas, they didn’t have stock so I placed the order to be shipped. My sales rep confirmed my orders were shipped, received and signed for which is not valid. UPS was showing both items were signed for by CV **. There is no CV ** at the address. After I submitted the claim, UPS showed up at my parent’s door saying they failed to get a signature and asked my mom to sign off on the packaged. She confirmed the items were never received and didn’t sign. Trying to dispute with my credit card has been a disaster. LV has lied about me purchasing the product and receiving product at time of purchase to now saying product was received and signed for. Simply not true.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I ordered a handbag online. When I wasn’t home to sign for the delivery, I was told that they would try again the following day. The first rep that I spoke to was fine, he told me to create an account with them and then they would have the ability to deliver to my local UPS store. So, when I called back to change the delivery option, the operator was absolutely horrendous. She outright refused to accommodate me and refused to connect me with a supervisor. She was rude, dismissive and arrogant. Buyer beware if you order anything online.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

I purchased this eyebrow product recommended by Byrdie only to discover the gel was dried up and therefore useless. I contacted Benefit Cosmetics and LVMH/Louis Vuitton. Benefit Cosmetics responded, basically disinterested with no offer of assistance and claimed this was very unusual. LVMH/Louis Vuitton never responded. After some online research, I discovered that this is a fairly common problem with this product. I would not recommend this product.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Order sent to wrong address…. Spoke to no less than 6 “client liaisons” who assured me my concerns were addressees on my $3000 purchase… They never were. Their online and client services number are a joke. NEVER been treated so poorly by any company including 7/11 buying a Big Gulp. PLEASE do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for your product.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Placed an order for a purse on November 17 which was supposed to be delivered on November 18. On November 19 I contacted Louis Vuitton to see where the package was. They advised me that it had been delivered, I never received anything from Louis Vuitton! They have been extremely unwilling to work with me and have told me it could take three weeks for UPS and Louis Vuitton to come to a conclusion as to whether or not they will mail another purse or refund my card. This point one week into it. I have no purse and a large charge on my credit card. The absolute worst customer service.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

The worst customer service. I never thought that a company of this level can have such a terrible customer service department. I placed an order online and UPS attempted delivery on Wednesday at noon. Delivery required signature, nobody was home so they need to reschedule. I tried to reach out to UPS to see if I can pick it up from their store or schedule afternoon delivery. They said no and LV doesn't allow pick up in person.

I called LV twice and I talked to the supervisor. They said I can't pick up in person with ID because of safety reasons. I asked them to drop it to my neighbors across the street, they said no. I asked them for any other option to get my package besides taking the day off from work and they said no. I asked for weekend delivery, they said no. I was told the only way to get my package is to be home and sign for it. I don't know why they don't put on their website that you need to be unemployed or to work from home to receive their packages. It would've saved me a lot of time and stress. I wasted 2 hours today with no result. My package is gonna be returned to them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I am only sharing this because I feel like consumers need to know what they are potentially dealing with when they return purchased items back to this fashion house. I purchased three small SL goods, one from the boutique in SLC and the other two were purchased online. After receiving the items, I had a change of heart and decided to return them. Louis Vuitton's return policy requires you to return the items within 30 days of the purchase date. I held to these items until the 30th day because I was still pondering whether I was going to add them to my collection but ultimately decided to return the items back to the boutique.

I took all three items back to the store to return. My items were examined by the SA and the SA’s manager. I was informed that the store can issue a refund for the item purchased at the boutique but they will have to ship the items bought online back to the warehouse because they were purchased through PayPal (Which I am glad I used but will explain later). I explained to the SA and manager that I only had one return shipping label with me for the two items they were shipping back to the warehouse. I was told that they are able to retrieve and download the additional shipping label from the LV online account.

This said I was issued a refund for the one item bought at the store and the remaining two items were left at the store to be shipped back to the warehouse. I was informed that the person who handles returns was gone for today but will call me tomorrow with information about the return. Additionally, I was provided with this person’s business card.

By mid-day the following day I called the person who is over returns and shipments at the store inquiring about the receipt and shipment of my return. By the end of the day, I receive an email from the store noting that BOTH items were shipped back to the warehouse using the ONE shipping label I brought to the store. For those who shop with LV you know their return shipping label is unique to that specific purchase and to use as a buyer. The issue I faced was having the warehouse account for only the item identified by that shipping label and not the second item the store had put in the box. Furthermore, the store had reassured me that they would retrieve the second label and send the items separately. I called the LV 1-800 immediately noting this and they stated they notes this on my account.

Fast forward a week later, I received an email from Louis Vuitton and PayPal noting a refund was initiated for one of the SL items sent but not the other. I was issued a refund for $589 for one item but the $890 for the other item send back to them. After two days of calling to try to locate the second item, I asked to speak to the manager which is their escalation team.

The following day (Day 3 of them receiving the items) I was told that they did receive the second SL item but was not in “pristine” condition and was being sent back to me. I asked the associate on the escalation team to provide clarification about the item not being in pristine condition because it had not been used. Equally important, if it was not in pristine condition, it meant they had sent me an item that was not in pristine condition. Lastly, I asked for them to provide me the tracking number noting the item was being returned back to me (this Wednesday of that week). Each day thereafter I would call inquiring about the tracking number. Each time I was told that they (the warehouse) have not uploaded that information.

By Monday of the next week, I called again inquiring about my $890 small leather good that was sent back to them and the tracking number noting that they have sent it back to me. The team member I spoke to stated that they are going to escalate my request higher than the escalation team. Fed up, I contacted PayPal explained this long-drawn-out process, and initiated my buyer protection with them with a dispute. In the dispute, I specifically requested either a tracking number noting the item was shipped back to me or a refund for the item sent back which was $890. Two days later I received notification from PayPal noting that they had decided in my favor and was issued a refund of $890. Shortly thereafter, I received an email from Louis Vuitton noting that they had received my SL (the item she noted the previous week was sent back to me) and were issuing me a refund.

All this said I am unsure if I would have received a refund if I had not filed a dispute with PayPal. More concerning, I am unsure if I would have received my purchased item back. I was told 5 days prior that my item was shipped back to me. For all those who have purchased from LV notes their communication is very clean and efficient when you purchase from them online. You receive an email noting the tracking information and estimated date of delivery. This information is also populated to your LV account. Likewise, for all of my LV purchases bought online I had to sign for the delivery. I have to question why was this communication not as clean and efficient for a return? My overall recommendation to anyone purchasing online from LV is to use PayPal to purchase so you will have some form of protection as a buyer if there is a need to return your item.

Louis Vuitton Company Information