3.7/5 (155 ratings)

About Louis Vuitton

Louis Vuitton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I sent in a bag to get repaired. I had new handles and lining put on it because they were pretty worn. Getting the bag returned to me was a process. I had to keep trying to contact the company and they ended up eventually overnighting it to me because I waited for months to get it back and had no contact from them until I initiated it. I was informed it would be $300 for the repairs which was fine.

When I got the bag back it had a big slit in the leather that wasn't there when I dropped it off and it was such a hassle to talk to Louis Vuitton to try to get any information out of them and then once I did they kept saying that the slit was already in the leather and I said if that was the case why didn't they inform me of that before they continued with the repairs and he said they should have but they are refusing to do anything for me so after already spending over $1,000 on a bag and then another $300 for repairs they just kind of told me oh well and tried to make it sound like the slit was already in the bag when I dropped it off which it wasn't...

For being a high-end luxury brand you would think they'd have better customer service but I have had better customer service dealing with Walmart Target anywhere like that when you have an issue than dealing with this overpriced brand. They have terrible customer service and they basically ruin your bag and then tell you that it was there when you dropped it off.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

On June 11th 2017, My husband purchased the Artsy MM MNG at your Chicago Store located at 919 Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL 60611. He paid $1960 plus tax. I was excited to own my 1st Louis Vuitton handbag. Most women who have a love for handbags wants to at least have a Louis Vuitton in their collection. Instead of starting with your least expensive Speedy 25, My husband wanted to get me the purse I really wanted which was the Artsy MM MNG. Unfortunately, the product hasn’t held up very well. I’ve only carried this handbag approx. 3-4 times a year on special occasions. I wanted my purse to be preserved and last for years is the reason I decided not to carry it so often.

One day approximately 1 1/2 years ago I decided I wanted to carry my purse. I noticed some white ash looking spots in 2 areas of the purse where the letters (LV) were erased. I was dismayed by what I noticed. I called the store where it was purchased and they told me to bring the handbag in to see if it could be repaired. The store repair manager “Will” informed us that our purchase was out of the 1-2 year window and it was nothing they could do. This was very disappointing news. Not only was I angry from the news but how “Will” spoke to us was very insulting. We own handbags from Gucci, MCM, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Coach and others and they are older than this Louis Vuitton purchase. Some over 12+ years and they are in excellent condition. Never had a problem with peeling or even letters fading off the purse.

After further research, I found several other customers nationwide who purchased the same Artsy MM MNG handbag and had very similar experiences. This seems to be a nationwide problem with this particular purse or batch that was manufactured. To resolve this problem, I’m asking that your company please make this right so that I can continue to be a lifelong customer. I’m embarrassed to carry the handbag with missing letters. I would appreciate if your company would do something to make this right. I have several family members who have owned your handbags and they have NEVER experienced anything like this. Enclosed you will see photos of my handbag and the original receipt. Also, please view posts from Google concerning this same model of purse. I look forward to your reply to my issue.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I purchased a purse, wallet, luggage, shoes and scarf last year 2021. The first issue I had was with purse. It broke from inside the material which cause handle to break. Took it to store, they had to ship it off. I was told to see if it could be repaired and it would take 6 weeks due to covid. They end up calling me 3 weeks later stating they have to replace with a new bag and I can come pick it up at store. Then my slides, my right shoe came apart as I was walking. Took it to store. They immediately said it couldn't be fixed and couldn't be replaced. I asked to speak to manager, she took pictures and said she would call me.

She called me a week later stating it can't be replaced or fixed because it's not a known issue. She said it was a accidental cause. I said, "What does that mean?" She said she didn't know. I asked for number to corporate because I paid too much money for the slides. It's rubber underneath and leather on top. She gave me the 800# number and said, "Call them." I called them, they told me they repair shoes and those shoes couldn't be repaired because they are third party. I asked for number for corporate once again. I was transferred and that person said there was no number to corporate, just an email. I emailed corporate. They sent me an email back saying shoe can't be replaced or repaired.

I found an article were fake products was being sold so now it has me questioning their products. I received a call from Louis Vuitton asking me to text her pictures of shoe and they will look at them and call me. She called a week later stating shoes can't be repaired or replaced. I was already told that so I don't why she called in the first place. I purchased shoes from Gucci,Versace, Balenciaga, Christian Dior, Red bottoms, etc, never had a problem with shoe, sandal, glasses etc. This has been the worst experience. I can no longer spend my money with Louis Vuitton. They don't care about the consumer.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I bought the bag for my wife about 6 months ago. One of the straps is already cracked. She is more careful with that d**n bag than she is with our kids. I'm being sarcastic but she cares for it very well. We have talked to LV twice and they have been terrible. One option is to send it in and let them look at it (even though we sent pictures and tried to video chat as suggested on the website). They are telling us it would take 6 months to repair and cost us $350.00. I paid over $2500.00 for the bag, and it is pretty ridiculous to hear that this "luxury item" will cost us another $350 to repair, 6 months after purchasing it.

One customer care rep actually told me, "6 months is a long time to have a luxury bag." Um... no. We have diaper bags from Target that cost $40.00 that haven't broken down after 10 years of use. My old gym bag from college has held up better and it is 15 years old. And they actually take a beating. So no, 6 months isn't a long time to have a "luxury" bag. Neverfull? Never again. Same goes for any other LV product. Garbage product and garbage customer service.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I bought a LV necklace at Brookfield Place and it tarnished in a matter of hours. I need a solution. Besides I was mistreated and discriminated at the same store by an employee called Phillip. I request an apology and a refund from the store.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I have been trying to order a hot stamped wallet for my son’s graduation. This was a time sensitive order. The first wallet was defective with the stamp misaligned and along the seam (photos were sent). I was recharged to have another wallet sent and upon opening the SEALED box, there was no wallet in the dust cover. After spending 45 min & 90 min on respective calls to customer service, I still have no wallet. I am being told to reorder the wallet at my expense & I will now have to wait 14 days for an investigation and my $1208 to be refunded. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced especially from a so-called high-end retailer. I have been a loyal LV customer for years (I own 6 bags). I will never shop from your company again. This whole transaction of defective products and empty sealed boxes is your mistake, not the customer’s mistake. Please do better.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I purchased an Artsy bag a few years ago (3) at a Louis Vuitton store in Aruba. At the time of the purchase the consultant told me it was an investment piece that would last a lifetime so you can imagine my surprise after spending nearly 3K on a purse that it would start to wear at the corners. I have had purses I have paid much less for that I have owned for years that have never shown wear. Since the clerk at the LV store told me that LV stands behind their products I reached out to them through the app, I sent the requested pictures and scheduled a call and to my surprise I get an email back saying there is nothing they can do for me. After paying nearly 3k and hearing from the sales rep about the quality I figured it would hold up. I still can’t believe the corners are showing wear (lots of wear). LV will not stand behind their product. I have a colleague who also had the same experience with 2 of her bags and LV would not stand behind those either.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I purchased 2 items in store, in Las Vegas, they didn’t have stock so I placed the order to be shipped. My sales rep confirmed my orders were shipped, received and signed for which is not valid. UPS was showing both items were signed for by CV **. There is no CV ** at the address. After I submitted the claim, UPS showed up at my parent’s door saying they failed to get a signature and asked my mom to sign off on the packaged. She confirmed the items were never received and didn’t sign. Trying to dispute with my credit card has been a disaster. LV has lied about me purchasing the product and receiving product at time of purchase to now saying product was received and signed for. Simply not true.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I ordered a handbag online. When I wasn’t home to sign for the delivery, I was told that they would try again the following day. The first rep that I spoke to was fine, he told me to create an account with them and then they would have the ability to deliver to my local UPS store. So, when I called back to change the delivery option, the operator was absolutely horrendous. She outright refused to accommodate me and refused to connect me with a supervisor. She was rude, dismissive and arrogant. Buyer beware if you order anything online.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

I purchased this eyebrow product recommended by Byrdie only to discover the gel was dried up and therefore useless. I contacted Benefit Cosmetics and LVMH/Louis Vuitton. Benefit Cosmetics responded, basically disinterested with no offer of assistance and claimed this was very unusual. LVMH/Louis Vuitton never responded. After some online research, I discovered that this is a fairly common problem with this product. I would not recommend this product.

Louis Vuitton Company Information