1.55/5
  • 1 star
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

216 Louis Vuitton Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My husband ordered a Pochette Mini for me at the end of October, the associate at the 1-800 number said we would have it in a week. A week goes by we call back. They said oh they don't have anymore. I said, "How could that be? They had 9 in Las Vegas last week when we called". So I called again. Someone promised to call me back and didn't. So I called back and asked to speak with a manager. None available so a young lady put me through to the Plano, Texas store and what do you know they had both, the Mini Pochette and the Pochette Metis. So she sent me both which was very nice.

Then I called back to see if they had any of the regular Pochettes and I spoke to 2 men who really didnt give a rip about customer service and who not so delicately explained to me that during the holiday season certain customers will get preferential over me. They had 21 Pochettes but he would not call and get one for me because they have the right to hold them for "good customers." I couldn't believe he had the nerve to actually say it. Yes I realize the SAs hold things back for their "good clients" but to have them actually say it. Then I ask who I can write to. He actually laughed like it wouldn't make a difference. They are hiring young twits that really do not care about the customer. I will never walk in another Louis Vuitton again or order from them again due to very nasty treatment.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I ordered the NEVERFULL MM through phone and first, there was a delay in shipping. Then when the bag actually arrived, it came in as a NEVERFULL P (one size down)!!! I paid for M and you gave me P: such a good deal for you!!! I immediately called and the sales associate asked me to exchange for the correct one in the local store, and she suggested me to go to Las Vegas or LA's store because I said I live in California! Man, California is HUGE and I live in SF! She said there's nothing in SF so she asked me to ship the wrong item bag.

They don't even offer UPS pick up service! I need to correct for THEIR MISTAKE, by taking the bag to a local UPS center??! If they shipped me one size up they must be worried to death! Their sales associates are suck at providing instruction because they have no idea how big each State is and they assume when they spell the store name I should know where it is, as if there is only one Saks or Bloomingdale in the entire country!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased a Sully MM bag in April of 2014 ($1800). The buckles started fading within months (less than a year). I called the LV store in Nashville and was told that it was normal wear and tear. Then ten months in, I notice tearing on the corners of the bottom of the purse... Sent pictures at first then decided to return it to the store before the "year warranty" was up. I was told they do not replace anything with tears on the canvas and that it was normal wear and tear. I explained that I don't carry the bag everyday to have this type of normal wear and tear. The salesperson was like, "Oh well..." A friend told me to try another store in which I did, (New Orleans) but after jumping hoops I am still stuck with an expensive bag that I am embarrassed to carry. Dooney and Bourke is a FAR better purse. Quality is amazing and they stand by their more affordable products.

LV can kick rocks...and bricks. And funny when I see other people with this style, they have the same issue and was told the same thing. You would think there would be a recall, better help offered to resolving the issues or even a class action lawsuit. I am so disappointed even after years has passed. I even asked if leather patches could be sewn on to fix the problem and was told no.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I live nowhere near a LV store. I have called them to attempt to order a Neverfull, and boy was I surprised how rude the woman was. I'm discussing dropping 2 grand on a handbag and she just was rude and condescending. I gave up and called a second time- they are not helpful, they will not problem solve, they just act like you are bothering them. I am shocked that so many people had similar experiences. I will not be buying a LV bag ever after reading all of this. My cousin had a LV bag from the store- brand new, and when I was inspecting it, the trim color on the leather, looked like my daughter painted it. I would have sworn it was a fake. It is evidently common knowledge that LV customer service is the worst. I swear, I will be buying a replica if I ever see a LV bag I love. But I won't invest thousands in a luxury company that has customer service equivalent to Wal-Mart.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Every time I call them, they don't sound very helpful, I tried to let it pass for several times, but I think all of them does not sound very friendly at all. I received my red Pochette Metis crooked, so initially I asked for exchange, but then I realized they won't processed your exchange 14 days after they received the items you returned, so basically, after several days while the return is on its way, I've changed my mind and wanted a different item, when I called them, they said I cannot do it because the exchange is already in process, already in process when they just received my exchange that day??? But will take them 14 days to process the exchange??? Does not make sense at all. But then again, I wouldn't mind and maybe just let this one pass again, but the sound of her voice is just so arrogant!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

If I could give this company zero stars, I would. I took my bag in for repair and considered investing in a new bag. The sales associate advised that it was in great shape and worth repairing. Failed to tell me the leathers would not match. Contacted the complaint department and the managers and they did nothing to resolve my issue. Was offered a bottle of champagne when I picked up the bag as if the champagne would make it better and fix my bag. These are luxury bags. You’re spending thousands of dollars and yet this is how they treat their returning customers. Will never buy another Louis Vuitton again!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Horrible client/customer service. I have a repair that LV will not return my call. They keep referring to the Galleria Houston store who clearly has poor management as when I went in I was told Mgr went on a two month vacation. Sorry. Customer service mgr Andrea Takes my bag and says she will follow personally. I have yet to hear from her since. Client service says with each call they will have the store to phone me. Weeks now and much wasted time still nothing. So disappointing. I will not be wasting my money in the future or my time with a company that does not value their customers.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Wow, speechless at the negative reviews, remember LV is a luxury brand. As such, once you have placed ALL your credit cards in a wallet and decide it is just too big for you and try to return, yes it is considered used. If you were the next buyer, would you buy that item that you tried to return? Hell no! And just like any other items, if you spill anything in the bag, chances are you will not get the stain or smell out. So why would you expect that LV can fix that for you? I have to say that I do have 10 LVs, I take care of all my bags and love them. I use a liner or organizer inside, I keep my spillables in makeup cases, etc. If I damage the bag, I did it so tough ** for me. But I would not insist that LV fix it. Customer service has been excellent each time. I think you reap what you sow, if you are rude to them, why would you expect them to be nice to you (even though you may think they should)?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

This is so ridiculous. I called to place my order with a Representative, And was treated very rudely. First of all I was never notify my order was not processed, Until I took the initiative of investigating on my own. Secondly I call to explain to the customer representative what happen. She never offer me to place another order. I Requested to process the order with a different Card if needed so my account would not be blocked, I explain to her this was a gift for my husband and I was expecting it by Weds, and if she could do any exception, shipping it faster at no charge, considering the situation.

She didn't offer me anything, but the normal 5 day complimentary free shipping. I told her I didn't considered this acceptable and her response was... "Well don't place the order then." I cannot believe you have this type of customer service. Zero consideration on the situation I am right now, because of your poor system of communication. I have always placed orders online, because we don't have a Louis Vuitton store in our Área. Now I am being blocked For purchased online or over the phone for no reason.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I received my Iena MM with a rift on the sides of the box. I was a little disappointed because I was hoping to get a perfect package. I then open the box and was not satisfied with the indentation of the bag. I called Louis Vuitton right away and demanded an exchange. They emailed me an authorization # for the exchange. On the next day however, I decided I will just return the item because I worry that they might send another one with indentation creases. I called Louis Vuitton client services and the guy that answered the call told me that he doesn't have the authorization to issue a return label. He then added that I have to wait 2 days to call back and wait for a full refund authorization instead. I trusted the guy, but after 2 days I called again asking as to why I have to wait to get a return label for a full refund. He then put me on hold and he (Eryn) told me that he changed it to a refund instead of an exchange and it should be all good.

I ship the item back with the return authorization #. I was able to tracked that they received the package on September 1st. I called back today September 14 asking if they have any update on the refund. The guy who answered the phone treated me like a dirt and won't help with my concern. I never use the bag. I hope and pray that they won't pull any type of scam suggesting that the purse was used. Their customer service doesn't represent a high-end product as this people doesn't even care. They don't even have the basic phone etiquette nor any basic values of a customer care representative. I wish that they would pull those calls. I will never ever buy any product from this company again because of their bad/poor low down customer service. Please give me my money back! Worst customer service experience today September 14, 2017. 8:33 AM (date and time of call).

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I bought a Speedy B30 in Hong Kong 8 months ago and noticed cracking on several spots near the zipper. Before I made the long trip to an LV store I searched online and found this thread which made me concerned about returning the bag. I emailed the SA in Hong Kong and had a reply that cracks cannot be fixed, however, as part of the international policy I can bring in to a local LV store in my country (Philippines). They examined the bag and initially was asked to wait for 8 weeks for repair. The SA showed the bag to the repair expert and on the spot offered to replace the bag. I opted to upgrade to a Montaigne and had the cles stamped. They provided me drinks while I was busy looking through other options. Overall, the experience was pleasant and not at all intimidating.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Don't know where to start. So I've been looking for this limited bag that they made so much of and won't be making it again, so I called client services to see if any stores still had it. So she told me yes, there was 2 in stock. The only thing was I would have to fly to that island to get it. Sorry I live in Hawaii so there's several islands here. So I called to check if I could do a phone order. So this time I was talking to another person. So he asked did you purchase something with us in the past 6-12 months and I said "no my last purchase was in 2015." So he said "no we can't do a phone order". I was like "What." This is my 6 purse I'm purchasing and I can't do phone order because I didn't buy anything within the last year. OMG. I find that so absurd and prejudice. Um really? Yes if you have a lot of money you can afford to buy from Louis all the time.

I'm just an average working human being who saved up to buy this bag only to tell me the only way I could get it was to fly up there and buy it. No ifs ands or buts. Yes they have that attitude will like "Oh well too bad for you." So my question to them was "So if I happen to have bought it online they would have to ship it to me?" That's the same darn thing but they had no answer for me. Then they said I could purchase it over the phone but still needed to fly up there to pick it up. They just didn't make no sense to me at all. Bottom line I guess shipping was a problem for them. Don't get it. I just won't deal with them anymore. Invest in another brand.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I received a handbag that belonged to my sister after she had passed away. She had a number of designer bags and I chose the one I admired the most. She loved hand bags and had a number of them as she constantly was switching off. This particular bag was like brand new when I received it. I used it a couple of times as I like switching purses also. I used it a couple of times and could see that where the metal parts that were attached to the leather tabs that hold the handles on was wearing away on one side of the purse. I used it this weekend and finally the handle wore through and I was holding the handle by one strap as the other one had ripped completely off. I don't know if she had ever registered this handbag but found a tag in the purse with the numbered **. I also have the cloth bag that it came in. This is so disappointing to me as it was a remembrance of her.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I've read many reviews and agree with many who have had a bad experience. I stopped buying LV's for about 5 years. Recently my sister asked her to help her purchase a purse and I called and nothing has changed. Customer service talk like they are indifferent and don't care if you buy the product. For a luxury brand among many, LV has the worst customer service. Sales people act that they can care less if you purchase the product. If issues or problems arise with a purchase they automatically assume it's the customer fault without really listening to the customer. I have taken my money somewhere and will continue to do so. Good luck LV and I hope you stay in business. I want people to realize that you have options and why buy anything from a company that does not put their clients first.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I honestly don't know where to start with this review. As someone who does a lot of online shopping I thought the customer service I would receive from Louis Vuitton would be far superior than any other store I've ever shopped at but Boy was I in for a surprise. While I was in New York in May 2017 I was determined to buy a pochette Metis. But with so many Louis Vuitton stores in such a big city I thought it would be wise to call beforehand and have someone check their stock. I am glad I did because both bags I wanted were nowhere in New York so I asked if it was possible to order one over the phone. The girl I spoke with found a Marine rouge pochette metis for me and a week or so later it was delivered to my door. I still couldn't shrug the other purse I had wanted (the pochette metis in monogram) so I kept checking online to see if it would come back in stock. And lucky for me it did a week or so after getting my other one.

After getting the 2nd pochette metis I was really torn on what to do. I liked them both but wasn't sure if I needed to have 2 of the same bag, after some contemplating I decided to keep the 2nd one (monogram print), I did love the marine rouge but the leather was a bit duller than I was expecting and it didn't match as many of my things. Long story short I followed the instructions written to initiate a return. I received via email a UPS label. Packaged my box and sent it back. Louis Vuitton received my bag June 22, 2017 and per their policy can take up to 14 business to process the return which frankly is a long time but whatever. After the 14 days was up I still didn't see the refund reflected on my credit card so I called client services to see what the hold up was. Was told they would look into it and call me back.

The next day came and I still hadn't heard back so I called again and was given the exact same answer. At this point I was starting to get PO'd. It had been close to a month since I mailed off my return and was paying interest on a $3,000 purchase and no one was giving me answers or returning my calls. My 3rd attempt at contacting Louis Vuitton was via email. And finally the next day I had someone call me but of course missed their call so had to call back, explain what was going on and finally be connected with someone who wasn't from client services. She told me it appeared that the person who initiated the return used the order # from the other less expensive bag I had ordered. And they were trying to get this sorted out. I was told my bag should be refunded within a couple days. 9 more days went by and still no refund.

At this point I am feeling beyond upset and frustrated. Not understanding why this is taking so long and why no one is doing anything to help me. I kept calling, emailing etc and I felt like at this point people were purposely avoiding me. The girl that was suppose to sort this out for me 9 days before gave me her direct line but she too was not answering or returning my calls. I felt completely helpless at this point so contacted my credit card company to see what they could do and filed a complaint with BBB. Still waiting to see what happens but we are now August 9 2017 and my bag was returned and received at Louis Vuitton June 22, 2017 and I am still out $3,000.

Painful returns and bad customer service seem to be a reoccurring theme at Louis Vuitton. So incredibly pissed and frustrated. Michael Burke CEO and Chairman of Louis Vuitton should be ashamed. Also incredibly disappointed as I had my eye on many other Louis Vuitton goodies I wanted to purchase but with this most recent experience there is no way I will ever buy or step foot in a Louis Vuitton store again. I am so disgusted by this experience I am thinking of selling all my Louis Vuitton things so I wash my hands of them for life.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Saint-Germain PM Bag - With being a Florida State University student, when I saw the colors of this purse (a garnet and gold color) I fell in love. With the added rose braided detail, it completes the fun, modern look. The workers at the store I visited in The Mall at Millenia were very helpful and the process of getting the purse was simple and quick. I have had this purse for a month now, and I don't have any true complaints so far.

It was definitely expensive for the price, but the quality and feel of it almost makes up for it. There are enough pockets and compartments inside for any necessities I might need too, which is convenient. I also really like the secure lock closing system; some of my previous purses have had those as well but never worked to this extent. The sliding chain also really helps change up the look to for me; making it versatile for several of my outfits. I've gotten several compliments on the purse so far and I've been quite happy with my purchase, so I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's willing to splurge for a really cute, good quality purse!

Original review: July 28, 2017

On the 7 January 2017 I was in Rome Italy and purchased two iPhone 7+ covers from the Louis Vuitton outlet in Piazza San Lorenzo. After just five months the rubber around the edge of one of the covers started to come off. In the beginning of July '17 I wrote to their customer service section asking if I could send them photos so they may assess the defect and I was informed that this was not possible and that I had to take the cover to one of their outlets. Whilst this is understandable I wrote back to them informing them that this was not possible because I live in Malta and there are no Louis Vuitton outlets on the island and it was not possible or my intention to travel anywhere outside Malta in the near future.

I asked if there could be any alternative arrangement made, such as sending over the cover for their assessment. Up until till yesterday I had received no reply despite my various reminders. Disappointingly the reply I received was again that I had to take the cover personally to a Louis Vuitton outlet! Meaning that they completely ignored my telling them that there are NO Louis Vuitton outlets in Malta!!! In the evening I gave it one last shot by sending them an message on their Facebook page, this morning I received the same identical reply.

For the life of me I cannot understand how such a brand can have such a disastrous after sales service, apart from the fact that the quality of the product leaves much to be desired! In this day and age are they really trying to tell me that they are unable to make arrangements for defective products to be returned to them via post???

Original review: July 27, 2017

Been reading through all these reviews. I'm a person who likes the look of LV and other brands but am not willing to pay the extortionate prices they charge for them. Even if I had the money I would not pay for them as I think they are rip off. I'm very happy with my cheap knock offs and reading these reviews confirms this to me. I would suggest others save themselves the money and the bother and do the same. I've got some LV knock offs I have had for years and are still going strong and reading these reviews it sounds like the genuine items are not even as good quality as the knock offs can be.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I recently purchased a Neverfull purse and six weeks after barely using it there were black markings on the body of the bag. Now I've worked for a luxury handbag retailer and I've been in the retail industry for 16 years and I know what defective versus poorly taken care of looks like. I called Customer Service and sent them photos of what the bag looks like. I was told that I was responsible for the damage and that I must have rubbed the bag up against an abrasive surface. When asked what they consider an abrasive surface she had no idea.

I then replied that if they consider your body and I then replied that if they consider your body an abrasive surface, that their bags are poorly made or cheap because they should be able to endure being worn on your shoulder as that is their purpose. Continue to assure me that it had to be my fault and that there was nothing wrong with their bag. This of course was to remove blame from themselves and put it on me. It seems like their customer service is more concerned with protecting their bottom line than making customers happy and turning them into repeat customers. I have never had a bag wear like this bag did and I'm comparing that to bags that I've had for 5+ years. This was truly a disappointing experience. One that I would have never expected from a luxury retailer and in my opinion there are more difficult to work with then the "little guys" that actually appreciate your business and your loyalty.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I ordered a bag online, UPS was supposed to call me when they attempt the delivery, no call was ever placed, even though I was home, online tracking indicated that the first attempted delivery was failed. I then called Louis Vuitton to explain what happened and they offered me the option of having my bag placed at a UPS pick up location, and that I would be notified within 24 hours of the pickup location. I received no such notice. Instead, an UPS delivery man showed up at my door with the package, however I was not home, and on the phone he said he would leave he package for me at a nearby location. To my surprise, when I came home, there was a slip but no pickup location was indicated.

When I called Louis Vuitton, they didn't know where the package was either, and an extremely rude representative insisted I was interrupting him when I was only trying to explain the UPS won't attempt a third delivery because they already dropped off my bag at an unknown location, and refused to help me. He said that my previous call to Louis Vuitton was never documented and blamed me for telling the UPS delivery guy to drop off my bag at a pickup location. He then proceeded to hang up on me mid call. I have never in my life experienced such unprofessional customer service. It has completely soured my excitement in purchasing my first Louis Vuitton bag. Safe to say I will return it as soon as I receive it and will never purchase another product from this type of unprofessional company.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I purchased a sunglass case from Louis Vuitton in March of this year with the purpose of using it for the summer. Two months later, the case starts peeling. For a high end product, this was very unexpected so I brought it to Edina Galleria where there is a Louis Vuitton store to have it looked at. They decided that the sunglass case needs reglazing and they will have to take it for 6 weeks! The main reason that I got this case is so I have somewhere to keep my sunglasses especially during the summer months and surrendering it to them for six weeks defeats the purpose of the purchase. They keep repeating to me that the service will be free, like I should kneel and thank the heavens that they are willing to do me this favor.

The sunglass case was never abused, barely used. It just sits in my bag keeping my sunglasses safe from scratches. For the price, it should not fall apart within two months of purchase. I have a better luck getting replacements from Amazon for products that do not perform as expected even after three months of purchase. The way that the SA would talk to me that they are doing this for free and they don't care if I decide to stop buying their products is very condescending. I have loved Louis Vuitton products for the history of the brand but the way the SAs behave as if you are the one groveling at them just to get ahold of their product is very annoying, and that is putting it mildly.

I have many Louis Vuitton pieces but at this point, that sunglass case is definitely the last purchase that I will make from the brand. They don't stand behind their products. If you're one of the unfortunate ones where your item falls apart after purchase, apparently you will just have to suck it up, since this brand thinks that they are doing you a favor by selling their items to you. It's just the height of condescension and I am not motivated to support a brand that don't value their customers.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I used to love the brand so much and tried to buy an item in my every trip (since there's no official dealer in Iran) bad I had few bad experiences which disappointed me made switch to other brands. First it was in Dubai in Emirates Mall. They closed the door and said you have to wait in the line because of lack of staff but they were so rude. Then when finally let us in I bought a pair of shoe. They said they don't have box. They put in a shopping bag and close with a tape. When I opened the bag the shoes were without a dust bag. I returned to store asked for the dust bag they said we don't have them. I complained that it’s a necessary item for product care and you had to tell me before selling it. They respond very badly and in an angry tone and the funny thing was that the guy was manager of the store.

I went to Dubai Mall explained the condition. They apologize and gave me the dust bag. But it was such a bad feeling to be treated like that. Like they are doing you a favor to sell you something. And about two weeks ago I was in Barcelona. I went to one of branches. There was not enough staff to help you and the funny thing is when they are busy with another client the won’t even look at you and if you asked them something they answer you very badly. Seriously they treat you like they are higher than you or something. Or you are taking their time. Only one of the staff was good. You are paying a lot of money but don't get customer service and value.

I went to Burberry after that. They were amazing they offered me drinks. They showed me everything. They guided me for right choice. I really felt pampered there. The worse was in Champs-Elysees. We stood 45 min no one gave us service. No one didn't even look at us. As I said excuse me one of them snapped at me that I’m busy and you have to find someone for yourself to help you. I sent them an email then apologized and stuff like that but what different does it make when you don't see any change in the system. And their staff, I don't know what’s up to them. They really stick their nose up in the air every time I go there. I feel low and like they are doing me a favor. And as other said the quality of the bags are not the same anymore. Some part of my Neverfull MM are peeling off. Same happened to all my friend that have Neverfull.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I tried calling in several times in attempts to order two products that are not available to purchase online. A message pops up instead of "add to cart" that reads "call for availability". You first call the number listed and they check to see what store it is in. Then you are transferred to the store's phone ordering system but they are not actually a part of the store. They arrange a phone call or leave a message for the store you are trying to contact. In my experience; I attempted to contact three stores, left 7 messages over two days, and did not receive a single phone call back.

So I continue to call... After I finally get through to a store after an endless runaround knowing that they are one hour from closing. I am told my account, created online, is not enough to place an order by phone. I need to have at least one purchase within the last year. I knew this after speaking with the phone middleman system, so I ordered a product earlier I was also planning to order at the store that was available online. It split up the order and incurred additional shipping fees but when you're spending north of $2k per item, an extra $35 on shipping doesn't seem too bad. However; that apparently didn't qualify despite the information that the customer service representative had previously provided me.

What I needed to do was go into a store and create an account in person and then make a purchase. But that's not it, I have to let it mature 3 months so that I can be eligible to pay for a product over the phone. But; if I let it expire (12 months) then I have to restart the process. Okay, okay... What if I use my wife's account. She has purchased something in the store recently. I'm only attempting to order this as a gift anyways so if it's on her account I don't mind. Well; her account doesn't qualify either because when she purchased in the store they didn't update her address. So that doesn't work either.

So; the advice of the customer service rep at the store recommended I go to a physical store and purchase something and then in 3 months try again. Or I might be lucky enough to have the customer service rep at the physical store place the order for me at the store, although that might not work because it's not their usual policy. Yikes. Good job Louis. Worst customer service and policies I've ever experienced.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Over the years we have made plenty of purchases from Louis Vuitton. Stemming from my wife's purses, wallets, keychains, including my wallets, belts and regretfully my money clip. One of my purchases were made at Yorkdale's Louis Vuitton, it was a men's money clip. I purchased the clip for $395 plus tax a couple of years ago. Yes some may say it was a while ago, in my option, when you think you purchase a money clip at that cost, you would be purchasing a quality piece for more than two years.

Last fall, I went to the store to see a sales associate, the money clip appeared to have a split in the stem. The sales person, looked at it and replied, "It's normal and how much money to you out in the clip?" My response was, "It's never forced opened and a money clip should hold money, correct?" I felt that I was being a bother at the time and wasn't given any recommendation of what I should do, so I left the store! A short while later the money clip split in half. At that point I was annoyed and went back to the store to speak to a manager, her name was Melissa. At that time she looked at the piece and quickly responded, "Sorry there's nothing we can do, it's a clip and this could happen."

Sorry that wasn't a good enough answer for me! At that point I proceeded to say, "Are you not going to offer any solution to my problem?" She said, "Sorry there's nothing I can do". The manager saw that I was upset with her response and proceeded to take a photo and said she would send it to quality control. Two months went by and I heard nothing. I thought I would call to voice my option about the service and quality of the product I received. To make a long story short -- I had to call three times to finally speak to a customer service manager. This took approximately 3 weeks. Everytime I called, I was always promised a callback and never did.

Finally I spoke to a manager by the name of Mike from the U.S, I explained the full detail of my experience with Louis Vuitton and their sales associates and products. At this point I wasn't so interested in the money clip -- I was more aggravated with how I was treated and the POOR customer service I received. When speaking to Mike I was put on hold for 25 minutes until he came back to say, "Sorry there's nothing we can do!" For me, it was the end of the road. Through my conversation with Mike, I expressed my disappointment, frustration and time I spend trying to get a solution to a problem I had with their product. I suggested that it would of been ideal to provide even a slight discount toward my next purchase, just to keep me satisfied as a client of Louis Vuitton. His answer to me was, "Sorry sir, Louis Vuitton doesn't discount their products, we stand behind the quality and service of the brand."

Well in my opinion -- you need to do a check because the last experience with this company was horrible! I'm guessing they make enough money in sales they do not care about quality and client services. It is very disappointing to know in today's world where brick and mortar stores are closing due to online sales. You would think a large and profitable company would be more attentive to their customers and their needs. It was more disappointing to receive the poor customer service from Loius Vuitton personal. The experience left me bitter towards the company and their personnel. Hopefully this will maybe make a difference in how they approach their future customers, they definitely needs help with their client experience -- maybe a course or two!!!

Original review: June 12, 2017

My husband purchased the KEEPALL BANDOULIÈRE bag for me and had the tag hot stamped with my initials. I went back to the store within two weeks (I don't live near the store) because the handles and bag had small spots of silver on it. They brought the bag in the back and brought it back to me 15 minutes later. I examined the bag and the spots were still there, they said they did the best they can do and I would have to talk to the manager. The manager didn't get back to me so I called the 800 number and she connected me to the manager. The manager told me that her employees said it was impossible to get the hot stamp silver on the purse and she could not replace the bag but they could send in the bag to change the handles with no charge to me. No charge to me, of course no charge, the bag was never used and I want a new one now or I want to return it.

She said because I had the removable tag hot stamped even though the employee got it on the handles and purse, I couldn't return it. I was not happy with her answer so I called and wrote to LV and I was told it's up to the manager and there's nothing they can do. I went back to the store to show the manager how it was possible the hot stamp was on the handle and the purse. She told me it didn't matter anymore how or what was on the purse, she couldn't exchange it and for absolutely no charge to me, she would send the bag in to change out the handles (which would take a month or more). I explained to her 3 more times, it's not my problem and she came out with the same answer, "for no charge I will replace your handles!!!" I left the purse with her and I contacted American Express to remove the charge.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I had purchased 2 products from Louis Vuitton, DLF Emporio, New Delhi, India, in December 2016. In January 2017 after having just begun using one of the bags (Keepall 45 Monogram), I started having problems with the Vachetta Leather. At the time of selling, the 2 Male Sales Associates namely Hardik ** & Nikhil ** fully assured me that free After-Sales will be provided if there was absolutely any problem within 1 or 1 and a half years. But when I called them up, they refused to take my call, and when I visited the store, they showed me their true colours. Following my shocking experience at the abovementioned LV Store, I wrote to Mr. Neeraj **, Retail Head, LV India (not the Country Manager), for taking immediate action against the 2 Male Sales Associates and also to get my bag repaired.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I just purchased a purse on June 3rd 2017 and the front side stitch is coming off. I called customer service and was advise to take it the the nearest store. Needless to say I was not able to exchange it or return it. I was told to leave it since it had go through quality control. Being that you are known for the best quality and stitch I was expecting way more from you. I either get a different purse or get my money refunded or this will go on all my media. I did not even had a chance to use it!!

Original review: June 5, 2017

Over the years, I have purchased over 5 Louis Vuitton handbags. I have a make-up bag from them that began to deteriorate almost immediately. I did not contact Louis Vuitton until recently asking that they either repair or replace the bag. I wrote the president of the company and included photographs. Over 6 weeks have passed and I have not heard a word back. Expect to spend a lot for their product, but do not have any expectation that they will stand behind their overpriced product if you have a problem. Beware.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I called and asked about an item that I really wanted for my birthday, and had wanted for couple of years. The woman at client services assured me that it would not be discontinued, even though it had low stock. I would have purchased the item right then had I known that it would be discontinued by now! However with her assurances I felt that I had time to wait at least one month which is exactly what I did. Now the item that I wanted for over two years is gone forever and discontinued. I hope you can understand my deep level of disappointment, especially when I could've purchased the item only a month ago. She should not have given assurances if she had no way of knowing they would be upheld. Now I will never have the item that I wanted, I feel robbed by her incompetence.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I am a big LV fan and so is my entire family. I have always enjoyed their handbags until one day, I got a defective bag! I assumed, given the price of $1700, that the customer service would be great. I was so wrong. I never knew how bad their return/exchange policy was until I started inquiring about my damaged handbag. I bought a Coach years ago (about $350 purse). It was wearing out so poorly that after 2 years, I walked into their store. They looked at it and offered to mail it in for $20 shipping cost. I got a callback a week later. They gave full refund (including the taxes). So, I am shocked that a luxury brand falls so short to other retailers. I just never knew. So, please keep in mind before you spend $1000s. If you find it's broken after 14 days, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! My bag: Girolata Damier Azur Canvas. The straps randomly unbuckles, dumping all the purse contents.

Louis Vuitton Company Information