Lane Bryant

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a bra within that last few months from Lane Bryant and the metal wire started to come through the side. I never had this happen to me in the past as I was always happy with Lane Bryant's bras. I brought the bra into the store to see if they could replace it and they could not as I did not have my receipt. I asked if she could look me up in the system and the store manager said she could not find anything. I said, "Well I know I purchased it in April", and she replied that they don't keep the information for that long. I said, "So does this mean I am out of luck?" She replied, "Yes". I then said I wanted the number to the corporate office and she said it was on the back of my Lane Bryant card.

I called the main office and the game of He Said, She Said began. At the end of the day, the main office could not help me because I did not buy it online and it was up to the store to help me. I will never buy a Lane Bryant product again. I have been a faithful customer for over 10 years and I was treated like I did something wrong. Paying over $40 for a bra that only lasts two months is absurd.

I'm very disappointed with Lane Bryant. I have been a customer for over 30 years but let's just say I will be paying off my account and never do business again with them. I received a reward check in the mail that had to be used by end of February. I forgot about it and called to ask If it could be reissued... they said not a problem. It would take about 60 days. As of today I never received anything. I called today (6-8-17) and was transferred to 3 different departments. Finally the last person told me that there is nothing they could do but that I could try and call where my bill comes from and maybe they could help. Really? They want me to call. I have had this problem before and it hasn't been a problem until now. I'm so disappointed in the run around I got today from Lane Bryant. Thank you for your time in this matter.

Unbelievably horrible website design. Spent way too much time trying to place an order this morning. EVERY time I got to the cart and hit place order it would NOT place the order and would instead remove random items from my cart. I was able to go back and get those items into my cart and repeat the process, and then it would remove other random items. Forget it. Never ordering from then again... and will continue to shout it from mountain tops that Lane Bryant has the worst website ever... Totally not worth it!

I have only bought Lane Bryant bras for the past twenty years. This will all change, because I will never purchase such poor quality again. Two months after (actually started after 6 weeks) buying my last bra, the underwire has already poked through, and the bra is ripping apart from middle seal between the two cups. These bras are $40-50 a piece!!! The quality as if I bought it from Walmart. NEVER AGAIN LANE BRYANT!

I have been very ill and unable to pay my bill. The very day I got out of the hospital I called to try and make a payment. I live off of less than 1,000 dollars a month. I used to be on the hardship program. I've called 3 times in one day attempting to make a payment. No one will get a supervisor. I was hung up on twice then have been on hold over 30 minutes this last time!! I have NEVER been late on a payment and these "customer service representative" have NO idea what customer service is!!! I am sick and should not have to put up with this **. I have been transferred to Victoria Secret by this jerk!!! I called Lane Bryant NOT Victoria Secret!!! Omg I am in hell!!! Lane Bryant sucks!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lane Bryant?

I ordered a shirt in-store to be shipped to home. My current address was verified. I get an email confirmation and the "ship to address" was a place I have not lived for nearly 10 years. I called customer service immediately. I was initially told there was nothing that could be done until the item is returned to them by the unintended recipient, assuming it was ever even returned to sender. The biggest issue here is that the item purchased had not even left the warehouse yet. I escalated the call to a supervisor because that is unreasonable. I was told I would get a refund, but to get the refund I had to reorder and pay again. I was frustrated but reordered. I did get my reordered item. However I have yet to receive my refund from the botched first order. I was told initially I would see it returned to my credit card within 3-5 days. That never happened.

I called Lane Bryant CS and was told it was an issue with my credit card company. I called them and they had no record of any pending refund. I was told by the credit card company I had to wait 10 business days to be able to dispute the duplicate charge. I then emailed Lane Bryant CS to let them know and was told I would be mailed a check "right away". That was 9 days ago, I still have no check. I emailed Lane Bryant CS again to inquire about the refund and was told my check was scheduled to be mailed 2 days from now and then I should have it in 7-10 days. Ridiculous. By the end of this it will take over a month to be refunded for a store error. Assuming I ever even receive a check. Luckily the money amount was not substantial. Never again will I shop at Lane Bryant, they have lost yet another long time customer. Their policies are not consumer friendly.

I was repeatedly asked to open a credit card account to get a $20 credit on my purchase. When I got home I realized it was not on my receipt. I called the number on the card to activate it and though the sticker on the card said I could find out to received the $20, all I got was a recording to activate the card. I called the on my bill and they told me I should go back to the store which is in another city. I canceled my account with that person.

I always pay my bills before the due date. Well little did I know that you cannot pay a bill before the cycle date or it will not credit as a full payment to your account. I have been with Lane Bryant for years and only use the care periodically and of all my Credit Cards they are the WORST. I called because I thought I was late and the young man said, "No you are fine, you are actually a month early and will not be charged a fee". Got my Bill and was charged that fee for paying a month early. Lane Bryant you are all about the money and not the customer - this will never change. I am so disappointed.

On 12/18/16 I purchase a peplum jacket online, a size 18. When I received the jacket it was too small so a cashier reordered the jacket in the store for me and she ordered a size 22 and she told me the jacket will take 5 to 7 business days to come in. I had been waiting, waiting and waiting for an email to come and get the jacket. I've never received the email so I started calling the store to speak to the manager and she told me my jacket never came in. Remind you it's going on 2 weeks that I haven't received a email confirmation...so now I decided to call customer service. Customer service told me my jacket was never ordered but remind you I have my tracking number and my receipt and the lady told me at Lane Bryant that my jacket will be in 5 to 7 business days...now who's telling a LIE.

So customer service telling me they can replace my jacket but remind you that was the last jacket online so you can't replace that jacket. Mr. ** a supervisor at customer service told me the only thing he can do for me is give me $10 on a Lane Bryant gift card for my compensation. $10. You can't buy a pair of socks at Lane Bryant for $10. What can I do with $10. Lane Bryant will no longer have my service ever again. All the money you spend at Lane Bryant and you mean to tell me you can only give me $10 to satisfy me. I think that is flat-out wrong and I hope someone from Lane Bryant read my comment and get in touch with me because I don't think that that was fair at all. I'm a unpleased customer.

On Friday, 12/30/16 I placed an order around 7 pm PT, trying to take advantage of a sale on basics (bras, panties, etc.). I waited for an email confirmation to come in but none came. I tried to call but they keep East Coast hours and were "unavailable" when I called. In order to assure I got the substantial savings of the sale, and because there was no confirmation, I place the same order again; this time using a different credit card (just in case but I knew my card was good).

First thing when I woke up the next morning I planned on calling them to find out what was going on. It was 8:30 am PT and I saw that only 2 hours earlier I had received the confirmation email for the first order... 12 hours LATE!!! I called and got some guy in customer service who was super dense and I had to explain the situation over and over. He finally "got it" but then told me he didn't think he could stop the order because he didn't think he could reach shipping. I thought that was crazy... what online company can't reach their shipping dept. Further, they had not put the charge through and he acknowledged it had not been shipped. So there was time to stop it. Believing I was getting a run-around I called my bank (the card I used for the second order) and they agreed to block the charge. Lane Bryant just pushed the charge through when it got blocked the first time. This all happened on Tuesday, 4 days after I'd ordered.

Lane Bryant admitted they had a delay in email confirmations going out. This is something I notice in many of the other reviews here. They had ample time to stop my order. Their incapability to do so speaks only of an organizational problem at their end. They tried to blame me saying "You should have called us first before placing that second order." But of course, they were unavailable that night and the sale would have been over by the time they were available again. When I mentioned that I would have to get the charge reversed if they wouldn't stop it, they challenged me to try. (Note: Bank of America has already noted my account that they will). Both orders are coming. I will have to return one. But after going through all this and the snide, "we don't give a darned" attitude I got from Lane Bryant's customer support, I will probably never order from them (at least online) again.

I needed to get a gift card as a gift. Did not want to deal with traffic and Christmas parking so I went to Lane Bryant website, lucky me, it said that you could get a e-gift card to be delivered to your email within a "few hours". I waited and still no email. Did a live chat and was told that the email is having a "slight" delay but would still come... 6 hours later and 30 minutes until the party and still no confirmation of e-gift card. Called and spoke with Supervisor who stated that it can take 12-24 hours to get the email!! What the heck, now I have to find something different, stop at a store and be late. Worst mistake ever. The sad part is that I live less than 1 mile from a brick and mortar store! So much for saving time. Now it will be more time consuming and a major headache.

I shop at Lane Bryant all the time spending between 400 - 800.00 a month. Half the time I don't receive my Rewards certificate. This time in November I spent over 1000.00, earned 80.00 in reward per customer service. I usually receive rewards cert by the end of month; however I did not received for December 2016, half the month gone by and sales last only a few days to a week. Asked for a manager as she indicated I'll have to wait because it's out of their control coming from a 3rd party vendor. This rewards is nothing but a rip off. By the time I received rewards in which should have been good for 30 days all month for Dec/holiday sales, I'll received in Jan when all sales have ended.

I cannot believe the store manager whom I was told is named Sandy would hire such an unprofessional person. The person I am speaking of is Jasmine. She was so unprofessional in her whole demeanor. She was forcing items on me as well as trying to force me to apply for the credit card. I have never in my life felt so badgered before. I explained to her I was just looking around due to the fact I'm trying get new things. She again came up to me to shove the credit card down my throat. Jasmine is very loud and in your face. The whole experience has left me feeling in insecure. I will never shop this store again.

Lane Bryant lost a customer today. I went into the Macomb Mall store in Roseville, MI to purchase 2 pairs of panties with my Buy $15 Get $15 off coupon. JASMINE pointed out the sale was 5 for $33 or they were $9.50 each. I said I only wanted the 2 pairs. She rang them up, turned to screen to me and "Let me show you how STUPID you are..." I told her to void the sale, I don't need to shop at store that calls their customers STUPID. She proceeded to yell across the store to the other employee "She don't want nothing because I pointed out she was being STUPID". So what she announces customers choices to the entire store. Called the 800 customer service number they seem uninterested said they'd pass info along, but didn't take my name or number for follow-up. Lane Bryant has become a joke. Tried to go on their website for customer service, that does not work either.

I sent pictures in E-Mail to show how blouse was falling apart before I even wash. They never replied. I purchased several to wear around house as casual blouse. I am a The stitching came out on the seams. It didn't tear or wasn't cut. The entire blouse was poorly sewn. I love the style and it fits well. My issue is the quality. I am upset that Lane Bryant didn't even reply to my E-Mail. I called the store, but they said that I would have to contact customer service online. I wanted replacements for 2 of the blouses which I show them had bad stitching, but they were helpful. I used to like Lane Bryant a lot, but not anymore.

In June 2016 my husband and I visited the Vernon Hills, IL store. We were asked to apply for a credit card which we really didn't want but the woman was not going to take no for an answer. So we applied, was approved and left the store. We didn't receive a card or statement so after about 4 weeks my husband called the customer service department to inquire and a young lady informed us that our statement will be going out in a few days. We received the statement with a LATE Fee added to the bill but still no credit card. So again we called another rep, said she would waive the fee if we made a phone payment, and would cancel the card and reissue.

Now today we received a letter from the bank that issues cards for Lane Bryant that because of a recent past due amount our account has been closed and no card replacement would be issued. What a scam. This company has gone so far down hill from the 1970's - 1990's. I used to shop at many locations for work clothes and special events, but times have changed and so has Lane Bryant. I will be taking my business to any other business who sells women's clothes. With online stores and more retailers stocking plus size I have more options than a store with no concern for their customers. A true shame. They used to be the best around. So very sad...

I have been shopping Lane Bryant for over 20 years and never ever ever had an issue with a return until today. I wanted to do an even exchange on a shirt for a smaller size that I had just purchased the day before. When I initially tried it on, it fit with the bra that I was wearing at the time but after trying it on again this morning to wear to work I realized that the arm holes hung so low that you could see my bra and pretty much everything else. I changed my clothes and on my lunch break wanted to simply get the next size smaller. I took the tag off but kept it and the receipt and tried to exchange the shirt. The lady allowed me to exchange it but she was incredibly rude and nasty to me saying that they don't accept exchanges or returns if the tag has been removed. I didn't realize this because I have been doing this for over 20 years without issue.

I did read the return policy after that and it does say at the bottom that at the store's discretion they can refuse a return if the tags are removed but I didn't even wear it. The tags were there. All they had to do was put them back on and put it back on the rack. It isn't like it costs them anything and nothing was wrong with the shirt except it was too big and clearly I was just getting a size 14 instead. Any other time I have made exchanges both at Lane Bryant or any other store on the planet they are more than happy to do an even exchange with the tags or even if I have lost the tags. It isn't like it was a party dress or gown where someone might wear it once and return it. I didn't even want money back. I just wanted a smaller $11 Effin shirt.

She berated me in front of customers and made me feel like I was doing something wrong. There are two other Lane Bryant stores by me and the workers at those are super sweet and have never had a problem with an exchange or return. Considering that I spend thousands in this overpriced store each year I would think they could treat their customers a little more professionally. I will never go to this store again. And frankly this woman should be fired. If I had spoken to anyone in my business like that I would have been fired.

After spending over $200 shopping, I got home and realized there was an anti-theft tag still connected to one of my garments. Impossible to remove. Should I drive 30 miles back to the store to have them remove what was their job to remove in the first place? Maybe customer service can tell me how to remove this tag thing. I leave an inquiry, no answer after one week. I think there is no excuse for that. Lane Bryant doesn't answer customer questions or try to solve problems.

I placed an order 5 days ago using 2 $25 gift cards and paid the balance in cash. It was accepted online and I paid the difference on my debit card. Received a phone call 6 days later telling me payment wasn't accepted. When I spoke with a supervisor 10 min later they had no record of the second gift card. I was then told they had computer issues at the time I placed my order but it would have to be escalated to corporate. I was stupid and discarded the gift cards I used because I TRUSTED the company I purchased from. Do not make the same mistake! I am probably out the $75 and change I tried to use to purchase items I needed. Do not use or purchase gift cards from this place online. You will be robbed!

Wow. I don't even know how to start this complaint. Lane Bryant sucks. I will never shop there ever again. I placed a order with this horrible company for a pair of wide leg sailor jeans. It seemed to be OK. I waited too for email confirmation saying it was ready to pick up. I placed the order with Julia. Went to Lane Bryant, told them I changed my mind. I want a refund of what I paid back to my debit card. Well sweet Vanessa took it back to warehouse, gave me a slip w/ tracking number so I can see when it goes back to warehouse. I'm already pissed. So I wait. It gets there on June 9. OK I'm still waiting for my debit card account to say I got refund for $79.95. I called so many times. Today is June 17. Guess what? No refund. Well, I guess I'm not getting my refund w/ my money back on debit card. Thanks Lane Bryant. Thanks a lot.

I have purchased bras from LB for years and the underwire always breaks. I don't wash them very often and never put in the dryer and they keep breaking. I have addressed it to representatives in the store and they don't really have any explanation other than asking me how I wash and dry them and the last rep told me I had "dense breasts" and because they were heavy, it caused the underwire to break. She even convinced me that the size I was wearing was too small, so I purchased a larger size. After a few months, one of these have broken too. I like how they fit and shape my breasts, but I have invested too much money now to see how this is worth it.

I bought five pairs of panties from the store, three being boyshorts. I wore one pair of these and noticed it starting to unravel as the threading came out already! I wore another pair that so far are OK, but then the pair I wore today I noticed unravel again and this time the side and part of the crotch came out! I paid good money for those to have them fall apart first thing! Never again!

Today I used the website to make an order. There are no items from the catalogs only a small list I do not want. I searched every way I know how. Customer service said they would take my order over the phone, but the item numbers do not exist?

I bought two bras at lanebyrant.com and ordered the size I normally wear. I had a coupon for it and was able to get two draws for under $16. I tried one bra on and it was very tight so I call customer service to see if I could order a size larger at the same price. They would not honor my previous coupon rate. IF the store happens to have these two bras in stock, I can make an even exchange. I will be closing my Lane Bryant account after this. The store had NO customers in it when I went to pick my order up. With the economy the way it is, you would think customer service would be a priority. Lane Bryant does not care about their customers.

I shopped online at Catherines/Lane Bryant and bought 3 tops and one swimsuit. I snagged the last of one of the tops and the swimsuit. My order was sent to Baltimore, MD by mistake. I got the order that was suppose to go to MD. When I called customer service to fix the problem I was told that the two items that got the last of are out of stock and I can't order them anymore. This is ridiculous. The items were earmarked for me. Why can't they be sent to me. I was told that although yes the items were suppose to be for me that when returned by the MD address they go to the warehouse and there is no way that they can be designated for me anymore. Even the top and bathing suit are out there. They have no power to locate them and send to me. I've been waiting almost two weeks and now I have nothing.

I returned an online order to my local store. Since I paid with my PayPal account, my refund had to go to PayPal also. I returned my order January 20th. After waiting 6 weeks for my refund that never appeared, I went back to the store to find out where my money was. After the store personnel made a lengthy phone call to the return center, they had no explanation why I had not been refunded. They promised me my refund would be in my PayPal account in 3-5 days. The next day I received an e-gift card, not a PayPal refund because I returned my order "beyond their 90 day policy." WRONG!! I returned it within 60 days and they "lost" it for another 6 weeks. Sounds like they've got a pretty good scam going. First hope the customer doesn't notice they didn't get their refund and second, give them a gift card that hopefully they will lose or never use.

An account was opened for discount purchases. Original bill was paid. New charges were made later. New account was sent to wrong address, never received actual card for later purchases. Statements were sent to wrong address. Not knowing account was processed to collection agency, received notice of past due payments and late charges. Called customer service number, paid past due amount plus balance due... Plus late charges. In the future sales personnel should research correct address... Will not be shopping at Lane Bryant in the future.

I bought 45.00 bra and after 5 months the wire broke. I asked for them to replace it and they said they could not replace it and for me to hand wash and line dry bras. I told them that's how I clean my bras. I felt that this was handled badly.

Well got my bras I order with no free ones. Should of been two just like the ones I order. I order the same ones so I didn't hear you have to buy the same ones to get two free and I didn't get them anyways. I'M not putting them on my order so they could charge my order for two more. Don't think so. It should of been automatically put in two more bras. Then I was reading the reports today. Omg I didn't know they are only 1 1/4 stars. Wow... That is sad. Never order from them again. And all the other stories. Wow. Have to start really watching our checking account to make sure they don't take money out for a few more times... Wow... They are really bad... That is sad. They have nice stuff...

I decided yesterday to go to the Lane Bryant website to order some items for my wife for Christmas. I decided on four items which came to $126.04 and proceeded to the checkout. The website then claimed there was an issue with processing my card and try another form of payment. At that time, I attempted to use Paypal, and the site said there was an issue communicating with Paypal. I contacted customer service who told me that I was using the wrong web browser and that I needed to use either Firefox or Explorer. At that time I attempted using Firefox and got the same message. I then attempted to place the order over the phone and was told that my card had been declined.

I pulled up my account and found that LB had charged me four separate times for the purchase, and they claimed they had no record of an order or having charged me. I then spent an hour on a conference call between LB and my bank and the LB representative continuously said that they had no record of a transaction or having charged my card and was rather rude throughout the process. I requested to speak with a manager and that request was refused. Afterwards, I found out that one of my wife's friends had the exact same thing happen to her several years ago and was never reimbursed one of her charges. I cannot say how disgusted I am at this point with this company and I can assure you that I will never set foot in one of their stores again. If their building was on fire, I'd ensure the safety of the surrounding buildings before roasting marshmallows over the LB sale display.

Lane Bryant Company Profile