Lane Bryant

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I cannot believe the store manager whom I was told is named Sandy would hire such an unprofessional person. The person I am speaking of is Jasmine. She was so unprofessional in her whole demeanor. She was forcing items on me as well as trying to force me to apply for the credit card. I have never in my life felt so badgered before. I explained to her I was just looking around due to the fact I'm trying get new things. She again came up to me to shove the credit card down my throat. Jasmine is very loud and in your face. The whole experience has left me feeling in insecure. I will never shop this store again.

Lane Bryant lost a customer today. I went into the Macomb Mall store in Roseville, MI to purchase 2 pairs of panties with my Buy $15 Get $15 off coupon. JASMINE pointed out the sale was 5 for $33 or they were $9.50 each. I said I only wanted the 2 pairs. She rang them up, turned to screen to me and "Let me show you how STUPID you are..." I told her to void the sale, I don't need to shop at store that calls their customers STUPID. She proceeded to yell across the store to the other employee "She don't want nothing because I pointed out she was being STUPID". So what she announces customers choices to the entire store. Called the 800 customer service number they seem uninterested said they'd pass info along, but didn't take my name or number for follow-up. Lane Bryant has become a joke. Tried to go on their website for customer service, that does not work either.

I sent pictures in E-Mail to show how blouse was falling apart before I even wash. They never replied. I purchased several to wear around house as casual blouse. I am a The stitching came out on the seams. It didn't tear or wasn't cut. The entire blouse was poorly sewn. I love the style and it fits well. My issue is the quality. I am upset that Lane Bryant didn't even reply to my E-Mail. I called the store, but they said that I would have to contact customer service online. I wanted replacements for 2 of the blouses which I show them had bad stitching, but they were helpful. I used to like Lane Bryant a lot, but not anymore.

In June 2016 my husband and I visited the Vernon Hills, IL store. We were asked to apply for a credit card which we really didn't want but the woman was not going to take no for an answer. So we applied, was approved and left the store. We didn't receive a card or statement so after about 4 weeks my husband called the customer service department to inquire and a young lady informed us that our statement will be going out in a few days. We received the statement with a LATE Fee added to the bill but still no credit card. So again we called another rep, said she would waive the fee if we made a phone payment, and would cancel the card and reissue.

Now today we received a letter from the bank that issues cards for Lane Bryant that because of a recent past due amount our account has been closed and no card replacement would be issued. What a scam. This company has gone so far down hill from the 1970's - 1990's. I used to shop at many locations for work clothes and special events, but times have changed and so has Lane Bryant. I will be taking my business to any other business who sells women's clothes. With online stores and more retailers stocking plus size I have more options than a store with no concern for their customers. A true shame. They used to be the best around. So very sad...

I have been shopping Lane Bryant for over 20 years and never ever ever had an issue with a return until today. I wanted to do an even exchange on a shirt for a smaller size that I had just purchased the day before. When I initially tried it on, it fit with the bra that I was wearing at the time but after trying it on again this morning to wear to work I realized that the arm holes hung so low that you could see my bra and pretty much everything else. I changed my clothes and on my lunch break wanted to simply get the next size smaller. I took the tag off but kept it and the receipt and tried to exchange the shirt. The lady allowed me to exchange it but she was incredibly rude and nasty to me saying that they don't accept exchanges or returns if the tag has been removed. I didn't realize this because I have been doing this for over 20 years without issue.

I did read the return policy after that and it does say at the bottom that at the store's discretion they can refuse a return if the tags are removed but I didn't even wear it. The tags were there. All they had to do was put them back on and put it back on the rack. It isn't like it costs them anything and nothing was wrong with the shirt except it was too big and clearly I was just getting a size 14 instead. Any other time I have made exchanges both at Lane Bryant or any other store on the planet they are more than happy to do an even exchange with the tags or even if I have lost the tags. It isn't like it was a party dress or gown where someone might wear it once and return it. I didn't even want money back. I just wanted a smaller $11 Effin shirt.

She berated me in front of customers and made me feel like I was doing something wrong. There are two other Lane Bryant stores by me and the workers at those are super sweet and have never had a problem with an exchange or return. Considering that I spend thousands in this overpriced store each year I would think they could treat their customers a little more professionally. I will never go to this store again. And frankly this woman should be fired. If I had spoken to anyone in my business like that I would have been fired.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lane Bryant?

After spending over $200 shopping, I got home and realized there was an anti-theft tag still connected to one of my garments. Impossible to remove. Should I drive 30 miles back to the store to have them remove what was their job to remove in the first place? Maybe customer service can tell me how to remove this tag thing. I leave an inquiry, no answer after one week. I think there is no excuse for that. Lane Bryant doesn't answer customer questions or try to solve problems.

I placed an order 5 days ago using 2 $25 gift cards and paid the balance in cash. It was accepted online and I paid the difference on my debit card. Received a phone call 6 days later telling me payment wasn't accepted. When I spoke with a supervisor 10 min later they had no record of the second gift card. I was then told they had computer issues at the time I placed my order but it would have to be escalated to corporate. I was stupid and discarded the gift cards I used because I TRUSTED the company I purchased from. Do not make the same mistake! I am probably out the $75 and change I tried to use to purchase items I needed. Do not use or purchase gift cards from this place online. You will be robbed!

Wow. I don't even know how to start this complaint. Lane Bryant sucks. I will never shop there ever again. I placed a order with this horrible company for a pair of wide leg sailor jeans. It seemed to be OK. I waited too for email confirmation saying it was ready to pick up. I placed the order with Julia. Went to Lane Bryant, told them I changed my mind. I want a refund of what I paid back to my debit card. Well sweet Vanessa took it back to warehouse, gave me a slip w/ tracking number so I can see when it goes back to warehouse. I'm already pissed. So I wait. It gets there on June 9. OK I'm still waiting for my debit card account to say I got refund for $79.95. I called so many times. Today is June 17. Guess what? No refund. Well, I guess I'm not getting my refund w/ my money back on debit card. Thanks Lane Bryant. Thanks a lot.

I have purchased bras from LB for years and the underwire always breaks. I don't wash them very often and never put in the dryer and they keep breaking. I have addressed it to representatives in the store and they don't really have any explanation other than asking me how I wash and dry them and the last rep told me I had "dense breasts" and because they were heavy, it caused the underwire to break. She even convinced me that the size I was wearing was too small, so I purchased a larger size. After a few months, one of these have broken too. I like how they fit and shape my breasts, but I have invested too much money now to see how this is worth it.

I bought five pairs of panties from the store, three being boyshorts. I wore one pair of these and noticed it starting to unravel as the threading came out already! I wore another pair that so far are OK, but then the pair I wore today I noticed unravel again and this time the side and part of the crotch came out! I paid good money for those to have them fall apart first thing! Never again!

Today I used the website to make an order. There are no items from the catalogs only a small list I do not want. I searched every way I know how. Customer service said they would take my order over the phone, but the item numbers do not exist?

I bought two bras at lanebyrant.com and ordered the size I normally wear. I had a coupon for it and was able to get two draws for under $16. I tried one bra on and it was very tight so I call customer service to see if I could order a size larger at the same price. They would not honor my previous coupon rate. IF the store happens to have these two bras in stock, I can make an even exchange. I will be closing my Lane Bryant account after this. The store had NO customers in it when I went to pick my order up. With the economy the way it is, you would think customer service would be a priority. Lane Bryant does not care about their customers.

I shopped online at Catherines/Lane Bryant and bought 3 tops and one swimsuit. I snagged the last of one of the tops and the swimsuit. My order was sent to Baltimore, MD by mistake. I got the order that was suppose to go to MD. When I called customer service to fix the problem I was told that the two items that got the last of are out of stock and I can't order them anymore. This is ridiculous. The items were earmarked for me. Why can't they be sent to me. I was told that although yes the items were suppose to be for me that when returned by the MD address they go to the warehouse and there is no way that they can be designated for me anymore. Even the top and bathing suit are out there. They have no power to locate them and send to me. I've been waiting almost two weeks and now I have nothing.

I returned an online order to my local store. Since I paid with my PayPal account, my refund had to go to PayPal also. I returned my order January 20th. After waiting 6 weeks for my refund that never appeared, I went back to the store to find out where my money was. After the store personnel made a lengthy phone call to the return center, they had no explanation why I had not been refunded. They promised me my refund would be in my PayPal account in 3-5 days. The next day I received an e-gift card, not a PayPal refund because I returned my order "beyond their 90 day policy." WRONG!! I returned it within 60 days and they "lost" it for another 6 weeks. Sounds like they've got a pretty good scam going. First hope the customer doesn't notice they didn't get their refund and second, give them a gift card that hopefully they will lose or never use.

An account was opened for discount purchases. Original bill was paid. New charges were made later. New account was sent to wrong address, never received actual card for later purchases. Statements were sent to wrong address. Not knowing account was processed to collection agency, received notice of past due payments and late charges. Called customer service number, paid past due amount plus balance due... Plus late charges. In the future sales personnel should research correct address... Will not be shopping at Lane Bryant in the future.

I bought 45.00 bra and after 5 months the wire broke. I asked for them to replace it and they said they could not replace it and for me to hand wash and line dry bras. I told them that's how I clean my bras. I felt that this was handled badly.

Well got my bras I order with no free ones. Should of been two just like the ones I order. I order the same ones so I didn't hear you have to buy the same ones to get two free and I didn't get them anyways. I'M not putting them on my order so they could charge my order for two more. Don't think so. It should of been automatically put in two more bras. Then I was reading the reports today. Omg I didn't know they are only 1 1/4 stars. Wow... That is sad. Never order from them again. And all the other stories. Wow. Have to start really watching our checking account to make sure they don't take money out for a few more times... Wow... They are really bad... That is sad. They have nice stuff...

I decided yesterday to go to the Lane Bryant website to order some items for my wife for Christmas. I decided on four items which came to $126.04 and proceeded to the checkout. The website then claimed there was an issue with processing my card and try another form of payment. At that time, I attempted to use Paypal, and the site said there was an issue communicating with Paypal. I contacted customer service who told me that I was using the wrong web browser and that I needed to use either Firefox or Explorer. At that time I attempted using Firefox and got the same message. I then attempted to place the order over the phone and was told that my card had been declined.

I pulled up my account and found that LB had charged me four separate times for the purchase, and they claimed they had no record of an order or having charged me. I then spent an hour on a conference call between LB and my bank and the LB representative continuously said that they had no record of a transaction or having charged my card and was rather rude throughout the process. I requested to speak with a manager and that request was refused. Afterwards, I found out that one of my wife's friends had the exact same thing happen to her several years ago and was never reimbursed one of her charges. I cannot say how disgusted I am at this point with this company and I can assure you that I will never set foot in one of their stores again. If their building was on fire, I'd ensure the safety of the surrounding buildings before roasting marshmallows over the LB sale display.

I have been a faithful customer of Lane Bryant for years. However after my last two purchases I will be shopping elsewhere. I bought a t-shirt in Lane Bryant in Meridian, MS a month ago. I washed it on delicate cycle in cold water. When I hung the shirt to dry I noticed 3 pinholes in the fabric. Hoping this was just a bad shirt, I returned to the same store a couple weeks later and purchased 2 more t-shirts, which were now on the clearance rack. Upon washing these, one of them came out with another hole. The quality of Lane Bryant clothing is no longer worth the price.

I got "conned" into signing up for a Lane Bryant account on the auspice of getting credits for discounts and such. The result is that ANY discount I may have received is not worth the headache of shopping at a disreputable retailer! I am in the practice of using the card to obtain the credits and/or points and then paying the bill immediately while I am in the store so I do not pay interest! I have spent the last 3 months trying to convince "Comenity" (the company that handles the billing for their credit card) that I paid a bill at the store and this "mystery" charge that appeared on my bill that showed up on my card was for products that I did not purchase and do not own!

I will NEVER shop a Lane Bryant again because that this could happen makes me extremely uncomfortable. I have never had a retail store bill me for stuff I did not purchase before. This is a horrendous practice, and the fact that they did not pull the security camera data (which I requested) to clarify this issue just tells me that they do not value their customers. BEWARE and STAY AWAY from Lane Bryant. If you just HAVE to shop at this retailer - just be aware that you will want to STAY AWAY from their credit card. What good are the discounts when they will "arbitrarily" charge you for goods you did not purchase anyway? Better yet - go to Macy's because their clothing is made much better anyway!

I think it's ** that you charge $15 to call in a payment via phone then only to go to your website which is half assed and you can't make a payment there either so they make you go into the store hoping you'll buy something.... **!!

On 08/30/2015 the cashier had me slide my card on one machine. She claimed the transaction did not go through and then had me slide my card on another machine. When I got home I checked my account and was charged twice. I called the store and the girl claimed that she did not know how to operate the new system and could not locate the transaction, and to call back in the morning. I went to the store the next morning, so that the manager could research it. She gave me the same story as well claiming that she would "research" the transaction. I decided to call the district manager and she requested that I prove that they took my money.

After four days, several trips to the bank, and various phone calls I was finally issued a refund. However, the store manager was extremely rude about giving me back the money she owed me. I asked for a receipt and she said "I think you are harassing me." I told her "You stole from me" and she said "Get out of my store". I have never been treated so rude by a company that made a mistake in my life. They still have not explained how the transaction came out of my bank, but disappeared on their system. After more than twenty years of shopping at Lane Bryant I will never shop at this location again because their customer service is terrible!!

I purchased a 2 piece swimsuit online 5 months ago. I paid $70.00 and didn't wear it until a month later. I used it a total of 10 times at that. Until last week I noticed that the material in the bust area was getting sagging. I went for a weekend getaway this past weekend to have the top stretch down past the skirt of the swimsuit. I had to go and purchased another swimsuit in the gift shop where I was staying that cost me $50.00. I contacted Lane Bryant online per their request along with pictures.

The response I received was we strive to provide our customers with quality products and was very sorry but because it has been 5 months since the purchase they are unable to assist me but are offering me 25% off my next order. It's very sad that as consumers that we can get screwed for them striving to put out a good product. My recommendation is not to shop Lane Bryant. If they truly strive to provide their customers with quality products then they have a really bad way of showing it. Very disappointed!!!!!!

On Tuesday July 28, 2015 @ 3pm I returned to Levittown Lane Bryant store after having had the unfortunate experience of buying a lot of items - paid for them but realizing when I got home that one of four undergarments I purchased was not in my bag. Immediately I called the store and a store manager told me come in anytime and they would give me the missing underwear.

However much to my surprise on that Tuesday July 28th at 3pm I had the unfortunate pleasure of speaking to store manager Ayana who told me "NO" she could not give me the one missing item that was not put in my bag because she needed another manager there and today she was working alone. She needed them to roll back the camera to verify if they saw that one of the undergarments was left on the counter because she could not take my word for it. She humiliated me and talked down to me as if I were a petty thief trying to make a score on one undergarment. I told her I spoke to a manager on the phone. She wanted the name. I didn't take their name - didn't think I would need it.

She told me she recognized me from another Lane Bryant she worked at and knew I was a regular customer for years but it didn't matter - still no can do. She told me instead to drive back to the store another day (imagine waste my gas and my time for one undergarments) but before call to verify all members of the staff were available then come in and they would roll the camera back to that day and maybe then they would give me the missing undergarments.

I have been a loyal customer for many many many years, I have six daughters and all shop at your stores with me, without me and we gift exchange with each other and compare different styles and looks all the time. I have never been so inconvenienced and felt so insulted in all the years doing business with your company. Please have a serious conversation with this employee and see to it that she is let go permanently. Thank You in advance, on behalf of my mother.

I have tried and tried AND TRIED to get both Lane Bryant stores by phone... line was BUSY!!! About five times each. SF (415-633-4275... and Daly City at Serra Monte shopping center 1-650-731-3161.) I tried the latter with the 1 in front and without... 5 times each time, over a PERIOD OF 5 TO 10 MINUTES. Customer Service ALSO got busy signals for each store. At first, she couldn't find EITHER of these stores open for business... not on her map. Okay... then, she puts me on hold and then magically the Daly city should be open.

I am disabled and am getting a ride to one of these stores sometime tomorrow. All I wanted to do is see if any of these two stores are open for business. I've spent the better part of an hour trying to talk to someone, ANYONE, who can tell me this. I then called Customer Service (1-866-886-4731) and the operator could not find either store as open. Could I hold? She called and got the busy signals. BUT, she says the one Daly City APPEARS to be open. What in the hell is going on? I want to go to a Lane Bryant store, find a good bra, try it on... I might buy FIVE and go home!!! Yes, I could order on-line but I want desperately to try it on and have it fit. Without the s/h, without the wait of sending it back and forth... more shipping and handling and wait time. Can you help me?

I returned 5 pairs of underwear and two pairs of pants. I received the credit for the 5 pairs of underwear (28.00) but not the two pairs of pants (52.00). I've emailed their customer service several times and silence. Unfortunately I used their credit card and cannot dispute as I would with a major credit card. I am cancelling my card and never purchasing from them again.

I went to Lane Bryant Hell today. I received a reward check in the mail from Lane Bryant for 40 dollars. And also next day received a packet of coupons for 30% a full price item and another for 30% off of a bra. Went to my local store, found a shirt for $59.95 and a bra for $36.95. Asked the clerk if I could use the coupons and my reward check, to which she said yes.

Now here is where it gets strange. The clerk demanded I pay for each item separate. So she rang up the bra, applied the coupon and charged it. Then she rang up the shirt applied the coupon but then told me I didn't spend enough to use the 40 reward check and I would need to buy another item. HUH??? I tried to ask her why as I felt I had spend enough as I bought the bra. She got ugly with me and I told her, “Fine, I would add another item and complain to the district manager later.” At which point she yelled, “Well, here is my manager.”

The manager then took over and I don't know what she charged to me. I had already changed the bra and all of a sudden the register was spitting out a long receipt. I tried to discuss it with her but to no luck. So avoid the Green Bay Wisconsin Lane Bryant Store. The manager seems to be best friends with some of her staff. They are large and in-charge. Would not listen to me and I fear messed up the whole transaction. I do plan to try to reach out to corporate on Monday. THEY ARE NUTS IN THAT STORE!!

I shop at and have purchases sent to LB Montage Store 6703 in PA, quite often... All of the sales associates are wonderful. Today I would like to highlight ** for her outstanding assistance, helpfulness, knowledge of the products and her eagerness to please the customer. I am so very grateful for such and uplifting experience every time I am there.

I tried returning a shirt, with receipt, just outside 60 days... Tried 2 stores. Called customer service & although the back says "requests after 45 days are at Lane Bryant's discretion" NO ONE would take it! I will NEVER shop there again!

I ordered a gift card online w/ Lane Bryant for my friend's bday gift. It was for an online gift card. I went to the store website and place my order. When I did that, the site looked messy - not nice - more like back when websites were first done back in the 1990s. There was a msg that they're doing a total overhaul on their site and that it would be fixed soon, but to bear w/ them. I created my order and edited it a few times to get the msg I wanted on the card (it kept cutting me off) and then placed the order. I went to lunch and when I returned there was a vmail from their "verification" center, asking me to call them to verify my purchase. I did that and no one responded (after 1-hr).

I then did an online chat w/ customer service and they couldn't help me, saying I needed to work w/ verification dept. I then called customer service and they also told me that. I then said that I guess they don't want my $ so to please cancel my order and send me an email to confirm the cancellation. It's over 24-hrs since my order and I still have not heard anything from the verification people. I didn't get my confirmation of the cancellation until many hrs later. I will dispute the charge if it shows on my CC. My friend never received the gift card either. I have instead written my friend a check for the amount and she can shop wherever she wants - I told her briefly of the bad customer service from Lane Bryant.

Lane Bryant Company Profile