3.65/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Lane Bryant

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

201 Lane Bryant Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I shopped twice in the Canoga Park Lane Bryant Store & made two separate orders with their .com. The store manager charged me $103.92 for the items I purchased. This is not my primary complaint, but the manager was impatient and sarcastic with me. I purchased several items, and she remarked, “Boy, you got several things today, does this mean we won’t be seeing you at the store anytime soon!? In all, I had 4 transactions with Lane Bryant, yet my bank record indicated they charged me for a 5th transaction that never took place; The $103.92 I mentioned above, was charged on August 5th, and a near duplicate charge of $103.90 was charged a few days later, on August 8th.

My first call was to Lane Bryant Customer Service, to ask them to reiterate their records for the items & prices of the first and second duplicate transaction. The customer service agent I spoke with would only furnish information from the transaction on August 5th. I was told that their billing department would look into the complete information, & get back to me in 24 to 48 hours.

I decided to call my bank, and after they confirmed that Lane Bryant charged these very similar amounts a few days apart, & it appeared to them as if it was likely an error on the part of Lane Bryant. They agreed to investigate this. In the meantime, I again spoke a day later with Lane Bryant, & was told they would submit this to be investigated by their billing department.

Since this was already supposed to have been set in motion the previous day, I asked why they did not start the process the day I initially called? I was told that they had actually began it when I first called, but their billing department could not find any incorrect charges. They were now sending this to some higher up billing department to be looked at more closely. I was incredulous.

I also noticed that many of the amounts the bank had listed from Lane Bryant were from two to ten cents higher than what showed on my receipts. When I inquired why, Lane Bryant said that sometimes the shipping or tax charges vary a little, so they always compensate back the customer when they see these small adjustments. This made no logical sense because when something is purchased through a company’s mail order, they base tax and shipping right away on the address they are provided.

A call finally came from a person with Lane Bryant’s billing department. I was not home, but this message was left on my answering machine. “This is Lane Bryant Customer Service. We looked into the two charges you reported, and you made two separate purchases on different days for the exact same two items. Here is your reference number if you have any further questions.”

Promptly, l phoned them. I gave the reference number to the customer service agent. After looking at the two transactions, she gave me a very different report than the official who’d left the message. She said that the first and second date were for the same transaction, & I had only been charged once. She went on to say that when they get an order, they don’t put the charge through immediately. After making sure the person’s card is valid, they only then pass the charge through.

I assured her that I WAS charged twice per my bank’s report. As if she didn’t hear me, she said there must be some mistake because they only charged me once. After this call, I reviewed my receipts, and the computer print-outs of my purchases from their.com. I was shocked to notice something that foolishly eluded me during my transactions with them. While the person I spoke with kept telling me how much money I was saving because of their current sale, Lane Bryant’s receipts from their .com showed almost every item to be $10.00 more than what was their advertised prices. If there’s a class action suit, I’ll be the second person to join, & I’ll be calling my bank in the morning with this additional, disturbing information.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I went in the Lane Bryant in Pembroke Gardens which in that area they claim to be fancier stores. Nevertheless, my mother and I were so shocked at the clothes there. I don't know who's doing the buying. But just because we are heavier women why should we have stoop to wearing what was displayed in that store. Unreal. It was like tacky thrift store clothes. Very disappointed. Someone needs to rethink that.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I ordered two dresses on-line. I was told two dresses had arrived, but I only received one. When I called to let them know I was told the only way they could make sure I received both dresses was to cancel my order and re-issue a brand new order. To make a long story longer... I did receive both dresses. Now I have four dresses, need to return the original first two and I was told I lost my discount when I re-ordered. So they now cost $40.00 more. On top of that, I never received a return mailing label. It feels a little like the Keystone Cops pulled a bait and switch. I will not get involved with this store again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

This company is bogus and false advertisement. They have bad customer service help, they offer great deals online but before you know it 2 days later they will cancel because their computer made a mistake but still will charge your card even though they say, "Well we didn’t charge. It’s just on hold." Ok well it’s out of my bank account so it was charged, they won’t honor it. Even had a rep email me and tell me to reorder. Call back and they will fix it. Well good thing I called before I did because this bogus company won’t honor their prices but they sure will charge your card then cancel. I will never shop here again and I recommend everyone stay away. It’s a bogus lying company.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I would never use this company again. Rude people, awful customer service, unhelpful. I have had to deal with customer service on 2 separate occasion, both due to Lane Bryant's issue. I was not helped in any way during either call. I would advise if you want friendly helpful support you don't use Lane Bryant.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lane Bryant?

Original review: July 22, 2019

I've been shopping online, I'm disabled & have no car. I've gotten 1 deal so far. Then I got 10$ off but with shipping & taxes. It was the price of the original bra. Then you have to have have a card to get a deal. I've spent at least 600$. Now I get this women money to buy more. I have 20 bras now, 30 pairs underwear, 40 sets of PJs. Then there's the shipping. It takes forever & a day. You're paying for it sometimes so what's up with that? After I spend this women money I'll be done..

Original review: July 6, 2019

I ordered numerous bras which were buy 1 get 1 free. Long story short LB canceled my order without any explanation! My Mother however received her order. LB needs to stand by their promotion price! Ashley Stewart, Torrid and Forever 21 you have a new customer! Shame on LB and good riddance!

Original review: July 3, 2019

The website allowed me to order 6 clearance bras for $89. Almost 2 weeks later I don't get a package and I have to call them. They say the promotion was wrong and they can ring up my order, but it'll be about double. A) Why did I have to call you after 2 weeks thinking everything was normal? B) Why not honor the promotion? It was your mistake, not mine.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I ordered six bras and the company canceled my order. The excuse used was that they were out of inventory. Upon further review and an email to Customer Service (took 4 days for a response) I was told that they canceled my order due to pricing problems. This is UNACCEPTABLE!! You need to HONOR YOUR PRICING AND CUSTOMERS!

The lost business, bad reviews, bad reputation ratings from false advertising, and voiced/proven dishonest nature are not going to be worth the few dollars that you missed out on from my one order. The bras weren’t free or even close so it will not be worth you losing my business and every other person that had their orders canceled by you. It also won’t be worth the list business from potential new customers that read my review.

What happened to honesty in business? Oh yes, that’s right, it doesn’t exist. That’s our society today...Let’s see how much we can avoid doing what is right. Let’s lie because it’s considered ok now. Let’s skate on honoring pricing, principles, paying people that are due money, etc. etc. Just more action by big business to screw the little guy. When will people WAKE UP?

Original review: June 17, 2019

I am not the type of person that ever writes an online review, though I do read them. I recently moved to a state which does not have any Lane Bryant stores, forcing me to order online. I have given this store a lot of my business as my charge card is almost maxed out. For the past 3 months I have ordered items online and about 2 days later I receive an email stating the items are not in stock. That screwed me because I purchased items that were buy one get one free, but because the exact number of items were supposedly out of stock, I did not receive any "free" items. I called a representative each time (which is a long ordeal in itself) who swore to me the items were in stock - I reordered each time just to receive the same email afterwards saying what I ordered is not in stock.

It is unbelievable to me that a large company as this cannot get their "crap" together and update their website in a timely manner. I just looked at their site again and noticed the same "out of stock" items are still listed on their site with price increases now. For the heck of it I tried to place an order again with the same items I tried to order 3 months ago and once again they are "out of stock" - then why are these items still on your site? I've never been so frustrated in my life and I'm done trying to order anything from them ever again. As an RN, if I showed this much incompetence at my job, I would have been fired. Someone is dropping the ball big time.

Lane Bryant Company Information