3.7/5 (54 ratings)

About Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lane Bryant?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lane Bryant?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I bought a bra online and the total was $53.70. I received the bra and it was too big so I returned it before the deadline they gave me. I emailed them several times asking when I will receive my refund and they never responded so I finally emailed one last time yesterday and demanded my refund because they received the bra back weeks ago. I get an email stating that my refund of $38 was completed. I emailed and asked them where was the remaining $14.70 and I was informed that they keep the shipping fees and charge me a return fee. I was not told of this and it did not say on the return label in the package. I even called before I mailed it back and was told nothing of these fees. I will never shop with Lane Bryant again. I have never had fees kept of my money when I have returned items with other stores. I am really upset about this.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Lane Bryant bras are not the same. They give no support to us big breast women like they use to. I’ll be better off going to get a cheap bra rather than going to lane bryant paying $50 to $60 for a bra that doesn’t give much support now. The material is really cheap now. Please do better.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Why does Lane Bryant in Columbia, SC never have tall sizes of dress pants? All plus size women are NOT short. I’m 6 ft tall and whenever I go in the store and see dress pants I like I’m always told to check online for tall sizes. Very frustrating.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

So I ordered stuff online. Some problem with the label has it being returned Warehouse so they do try to reorder the item for me. But guess what? All items in that size and that price are no longer available. Well of course it was sales items on sweaters. It still winter so they were hot items and they went bye bye all stores they say. So now all the items I expected all the items I could wait for are gone even though a package is being shipped back to their Warehouse. They can do nothing about it except for give me a refund. This is why I shop in store normally not online. And they can't give me back my rewards of $40 I used in this order.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I placed an order on 11/20 and I mistakenly duplicated the purchase. When I contacted them within 8 hours to cancel the second order they said that it was processing and they couldn't stop it. I was okay with that since it was my fault but as of today, 6 days later the order still hasn't shipped. That is a very long time compared to almost every place else I shop online. Now I not only need the product but the $95 for the second order that they could not cancel. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Today my daughter and I went into Lane Bryant store in Lafayette La in hopes of finding the perfect bras for us. We meet the most caring, attentive, and down to earth sales associate named Mrs Jeniese aka Mrs Gigi. We felt so comfortable with her and you could that she really enjoys what she does and she is GREAT at what it is she does. She went above and beyond to make my daughter and myself VERY comfortable. I've been to this store several times but NEVER have I ever experience this kind of interaction. WE definitely need more people like her in retail stores. Thank you for an AMAZING experience in a very awkward situation for my daughter.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I went to the Brentwood Promenade store in St Louis Mo twice in 3days. And although I love Lane Bryant Bras I would go to Macy’s or Target first because the customer service to me (a **) was horrific. They never greeted me coming in, 15 min in the store NO ONE ask could they assist me and when someone finally did she literally pointed to the section I need look and told me I should go online. The 1st day the only thing they said to me was WE CLOSE EARLY TODAY.. while they walked around the store praising the other customers that look very different from me. This destroyed my love for Lane Bryant so I will never enter that store again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

A recent promotion was get $100 off $200 order. I placed an online order then received an email stating my order was updated. The updated information was canceled items from my order. When the items were canceled this brought the actual order total to under $200, therefore I did not receive the $100 off. I call customer service and spoke with a customer service supervisor name Tom or Thomas who explains I got a good deal anyway Without the $100 off and why I was complaining. Honestly, I never spoke with anyone so rude. I love LB! Because of this rude employee with title of supervisor I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH LB or any of their other companies in the future.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I went to the store in Branson, Mo & they have a sign, MUST HAVE FACEMASK ON. I don't believe you should force customers to wear a facemask. It is optional outside, should be optional inside. We went in anyways & I asked why it is forced & the 1st lady said in a hateful way it is Lane Bryants policy if you expect to enter their store. She was super rude.

When she realized it had irritated me she tried to make up for it & help me. By then, too late!!! I kept trying to walk away but she tagged behind me like a lost dog. Then everything I touched she took off the rack to "clean". I was looking at a pair of capris to go with an outfit & she grabbed one for me. Then looked at me & said, "Those won't fit you," like seriously!! Good job for making me feel disease infested. Then I asked another lady (Tina) about bra fitting & she nicely said, "I'm sorry but we can't right now." I get protecting your people but come on. People need to get back to normal. I won't go back till I'm not forced to mask & that lady gets an attitude adjustment.

Original review: May 10, 2020

My daughter and I went into the store here in Lexington Sc yesterday 5/9 and we were asked if we had a mask to which we replied NO. The ladies were not very helpful after that and replied with well it's to protect us and well as you. I then asked if they would measure my daughter for a bra the answer was NO they could talk us thru it. My question is if they are afraid to help people and be the general public for their job and the benefit of the store/company why are they working? Maybe they should not be there at all until the COVID-19 is completely gone. I work with the public EVERY day and have continued to do so since this virus has come to light. I handle money, credit cards on a daily basis. I just feel they could handled that situation instead of being rude because we didn't have a mask on.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I have had my Lane Bryant account since 2017 and made my payments on time. I thought I paid the entire balance off and was billed two dollars and a late fee and I canceled my account, paid the late fee in full and the word balance. They sent me another late payment bill for being 1 day late even after I have canceled my credit account and would not remove the late fee. I spent all these years with a lane Bryant account with no late payments and still having a late fee for an account I have paid off and canceled.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I opened a Lane Bryant Credit Card at Christmas to get a discount on a purchase. The associate told me I could pay the bill right then in store so I did. I had an online purchase sent to the store for pickup. I paid that bill at pickup also, but it was not applied to my account. The phone system and actual customer service trying to resolve this was terrible. They told me to go to the store to resolve it. At the store they called the same customer service I had already used. No help at all, and an indifferent attitude. I will not shop here again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Very helpful staff and know how to point you in the right direction for clothing that would fit and look good. They have jewelry as well as clothing. For work professional and play or date. They will fit you properly for a bra also. Anything you can get at a big box store you can find there. They also have shoes and boots.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We love Lane Bryant clothing, but their business practice is questionable. We want everyone to know about it and to warn everyone not to get their credit card. We paid our first bill in full over 400 through our bank 5 days before the due date on the bill. Lane Bryan gave us a late fee then continued to charge us late fees for 4 months. We did not see them because we believed we paid the bill in its entirety. They refused to remove the charges despite proof from our bank. Lane Bryant did this to someone who has a pristine credit record and pays every bill in entirety.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

When you get a Lane Bryant account, please be aware of the small print, the delayed billing cycle, lack of updating the computer system, inability to speak with a person when you call customer service, and the only way to pay is with a check. When I called to pay my full bill I was told an amount which ended up being incorrect so I billed a late fee. Nice right? They wouldn’t waive it. They would listen to my issue, they just said pay it. I had to go to the bank, get a bankers check (I moved and hadn’t opened a new account yet, go to the physical store (three towns away) because if I mailed it it would be late and I’d have to pay another late fee). Because their computer system hadn’t updated when I called I have to pay for that error. I’ve been a Lane Bryant customer for over 30 years and referred many people. No longer.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Placed an order over the phone and was told I could call back and have my gift card applied after the order was placed. I couldn't read the complete PIN so they recommended I call a different toll free line for help. No return call after 3 voicemails and when I called back to apply the gift card to the order balance, they said that wasn't an option. I work in customer service....everything is an option if the employee is willing to help.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Lane Bryant used to be the premier place to buy plus size women's clothing. I used to shop there frequently. When I go there now, they seem to have only casual and sports wear. They make me feel that plus size women don't like to "dress up". Their casual wear is over-priced. If I need clothing for a special or elegant event, I have to go to a specialty shop for plus sized women and pay exhorbitant prices.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Oops I did it again... Overly optimistic, I ordered from Lane Bryant and got burned... again. The items I ordered didn't look like they do on the website. The blouse was sheer and the material on another shirt was nothing like what was pictured. I am trying to return everything (unwashed, unworn) but I'm having trouble. The site says I can get a pre-paid shipping label but it doesn't generate one. It only generates a packing slip for you to take to the store. My nearest LB store is an hour away so I want to ship it back. So now I have to pay to have it shipped back AND LB is deducting $5.95 from my refund for the pre-paid label that I didn't get. The website is a hot mess. I have def learned my lesson and will not shop LB ever again. I tried contacting LB via Live Chat but even that isn't helping - it just gives me suggestions for how to solve my problem that I already know about. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

This store is great for plus sizes. The only thing is they seem to get "stuck" on a style & unfortunately, if that style doesn't work for you...you're doomed. They do have a lot of variety in other areas such as intimate apparel & accessories.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The store claims that they will provide a price match but they will not! In my past experiences Black Friday was always the best deals even though there is a Cyber Monday. However, this year was different. On Black Friday the online deal was 30% off and on Cyber Monday it was 50% off. I purchased items on Friday and once I saw how discounted Monday was I wrote to customer service requesting a Price Match. They refused to price match me. So I will be Returning all the items I bought from Black Friday and never shopping there again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I love Lane Bryant. Over time their styles have become more modern and classy. I can always find something, even if it is a pair of socks to take home. They always have my size and the variety of styles is wonderful.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

They run pretty much true to size. They dont carry the undergarments I need. Wish they carried a larger variety of formal wear. I couldnt find anything to wear for a formal wedding that looked more stylish.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

No way so many products can cost the same price. Prices usually 49.99, 79.99 or such. All bras the same price. Panties 3 for the same price. All outer garments the same price. Not much more can be said about them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

Good selection of bigger sizes in clothes, but had a hard time finding a bra in my size. Clerks were helpful. No wait to try on clothes. Usually a wait to check out. I am not happy with the prices of their jeans, which seem to have increased greatly, although they do have my size in stock. I like the styles and prices of their blouses, and I love the clearance rack.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

The store employees are always helpful and ready to assist. I would definitely recommend. I love this brand, however I wish the prices were a little more family price friendly. The sales are awesome, however always happen when our budgets do not allow.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Lane Bryant is a brand I trust; they have a very good variety of clothing for 14 and up sizes; fit is good, as is quality and pricing. I highly recommend Lane Bryant as a go to for 14 and up sizing.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I love all the beautiful accessories they have. I have been a customer for years and their dress selections are great. The reps their knowledge of the items they have and what may work for someone is helpful.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I like the some styles and colors but I dislike the neck opening on almost all the blouses. The neck line are too big. I do like the stores and staff are friendly. I also purchase online but I wish the prices were more affordable or that they offer more promo codes. Overall right now I would give a 6 out of 10 because of price. The fabrics are durable as well.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Clothing is often overpriced even for specialty product. Fit is sometimes an issue, shape of clothes can be odd. Dresses and skirt seem to be the best made, pants and tops are often large in odd spots. Underwear line is very nice, good selection of sizes and styles available for larger sizes.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I shopped twice in the Canoga Park Lane Bryant Store & made two separate orders with their .com. The store manager charged me $103.92 for the items I purchased. This is not my primary complaint, but the manager was impatient and sarcastic with me. I purchased several items, and she remarked, “Boy, you got several things today, does this mean we won’t be seeing you at the store anytime soon!? In all, I had 4 transactions with Lane Bryant, yet my bank record indicated they charged me for a 5th transaction that never took place; The $103.92 I mentioned above, was charged on August 5th, and a near duplicate charge of $103.90 was charged a few days later, on August 8th.

My first call was to Lane Bryant Customer Service, to ask them to reiterate their records for the items & prices of the first and second duplicate transaction. The customer service agent I spoke with would only furnish information from the transaction on August 5th. I was told that their billing department would look into the complete information, & get back to me in 24 to 48 hours.

I decided to call my bank, and after they confirmed that Lane Bryant charged these very similar amounts a few days apart, & it appeared to them as if it was likely an error on the part of Lane Bryant. They agreed to investigate this. In the meantime, I again spoke a day later with Lane Bryant, & was told they would submit this to be investigated by their billing department.

Since this was already supposed to have been set in motion the previous day, I asked why they did not start the process the day I initially called? I was told that they had actually began it when I first called, but their billing department could not find any incorrect charges. They were now sending this to some higher up billing department to be looked at more closely. I was incredulous.

I also noticed that many of the amounts the bank had listed from Lane Bryant were from two to ten cents higher than what showed on my receipts. When I inquired why, Lane Bryant said that sometimes the shipping or tax charges vary a little, so they always compensate back the customer when they see these small adjustments. This made no logical sense because when something is purchased through a company’s mail order, they base tax and shipping right away on the address they are provided.

A call finally came from a person with Lane Bryant’s billing department. I was not home, but this message was left on my answering machine. “This is Lane Bryant Customer Service. We looked into the two charges you reported, and you made two separate purchases on different days for the exact same two items. Here is your reference number if you have any further questions.”

Promptly, l phoned them. I gave the reference number to the customer service agent. After looking at the two transactions, she gave me a very different report than the official who’d left the message. She said that the first and second date were for the same transaction, & I had only been charged once. She went on to say that when they get an order, they don’t put the charge through immediately. After making sure the person’s card is valid, they only then pass the charge through.

I assured her that I WAS charged twice per my bank’s report. As if she didn’t hear me, she said there must be some mistake because they only charged me once. After this call, I reviewed my receipts, and the computer print-outs of my purchases from their.com. I was shocked to notice something that foolishly eluded me during my transactions with them. While the person I spoke with kept telling me how much money I was saving because of their current sale, Lane Bryant’s receipts from their .com showed almost every item to be $10.00 more than what was their advertised prices. If there’s a class action suit, I’ll be the second person to join, & I’ll be calling my bank in the morning with this additional, disturbing information.

Lane Bryant Company Information