2. Shopping
  3. Jewelry Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.98/5

Kay Jewelers Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2020

Wonderful staff. They make you feel like family not a customer. I went in with a specific ring set in mind and after a few quick questions she pulled out a tray and in it lay the ring I never knew I'd fall in love with on first sight. She plucked out from the many rings and said try this one on if you don't love it we'll keep looking. Not love it??? Omg I was beyond love. The size was perfect. It was perfect. To the staff of Kay Jewelers thank you. It's wonderful to be a part of the family. Stay safe!!

Original review: April 11, 2020

Kay Jewelers is a great company for so many reasons. When you walk in the atmosphere is so clean and inviting. All the staff immediately perk up and want to help you out. Whether, you already purchased with them or not they give you the full treatment. They know me by name because they have been a huge help to me on many occasions. Sometimes they surprise you free jewelry cleanings for ALL your jewelry. A month ago they saved me from losing my Levian blue sapphire out of my necklace. I had no clue it was so loose. They sent it off and informed me of a lifetime warranty with Levian. I never knew I had this and a week later my diamond fell out of my wedding ring (the big one) but guess what, they listened to me cry over the phone, assured me they would get this taken care of. I did my 6month checks on my ring so it was completely free to fix. They are jewelers, fixers, friends and they will continue to be our go to jewelers.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Amazed and touched by their generosity. Kay's had a National Cat Day post on Facebook, I replied with a collage of my kitties, they loved my post and gifted me with a free pair of black and white diamond paw earrings...just because! I had them shipped to me in TWO days...and it included a HANDWRITTEN note. I already buy all my good jewelry at Kay, that for sure won't be changing! Thanks Kay!!! That's some pretty awesome marketing and customer appreciation work!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Wedding ring upgrade. The manager at the Paddock Mall In Ocala FL was absolutely amazing. She spent three hours helping us along with another employee. We ran into a few issues. One ring I wanted they just ran out, then I found another one and went to purchase it and it sold online that quick. They did not give up and we finally found something that I love. Needless to say they were extremely helpful and tried their best to help me find exactly what I wanted. Thank you ladies, I can’t wait to come pick up my ring on a few days!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

This was the 4th jeweler I went to to have my wedding set repaired. Not only did they repair the rings to new, it was well above my expectations. The rings look as new as they did 25 years ago. On top of that, the store manager was so concerned with the delivery of my ring on schedule that she personally went to pick up the ring herself. Kay Jewelers will be the ONLY jeweler I deal with now because of their service and the trust I have in them. This is the Kay's at the Berkshire Mall, Wyomissing, PA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: May 22, 2020

I'll remove this review when I can call in on customer service and find out about our $9,000 diamond ring we purchased. No communication, no email, doesn't answer the phone. Completely ridiculous service for the amount of money that's being spent are mail-order is supposed to be here and it's so past that date that keep using the covid-19 as an excuse but that's no excuse. You're not staying in touch with your clients. I can't cancel even if I wanted to I'm afraid to go buy something else for $9,000 because that would be 18000 and that's not in my budget. Somebody needs to answer your phone. Somebody needs to send the email and stay in contact with your clients. Completely ridiculous service and I don't ever give reviews but this time it's necessary.

Original review: April 28, 2020

We signed up for a 12-month interest-free promotion as long as we paid 20% down, which we did. We made every payment on time and were not informed that the promotion expiration was dated the 12th. Our bill was due the 21st of each month. We were quickly ushered into paperless billing and did not view the billing statements because we made our payments automated. We paid off the ring in full and received a $500 interest charge a few days ago because we hadn’t made the last payment on the 12th.

When I called to dispute the bill, they said there is nothing they can do, even though they made no effort to notify us of the promotion expiration. Due to the coronavirus, I lost my job and on top of that, we are expecting our first child. I am beyond furious that this company made no effort to notify us, especially in this climate. DO NOT BUY FROM KAY JEWELERS! I will never buy from them, not recommend their company to anyone. Especially with the scandal they had in 2016 about swapping jewels and scamming their customers.

Original review: April 19, 2020

Kay Jewelers ruined a piece of jewelry twice performing warranty work. They returned the broken piece and suggested I let them attempt to repair it a third time. They acknowledged they made mistakes twice and asked for a third chance. They did not get the third chance. I had it professionally and accurately repaired elsewhere.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I ordered a Diamond Ring at Kay.com a $6K ring (granted was on sale at time of purchase), the ring came quickly and was as pictured on the website. However, I was quite irritated that the ring had a "Made In China" tag on it. Really Kay? Seems like I should have gotten a much better discount. I would not have ordered had I known this was from China. I don't really have much of a problem with goods from China as long as I know in advance and the price is right. Kay Jewelers did not adequately indicate country of origin on their website.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Low quality jewelry represented as premium products. Deceptive advertising and sales techniques. Personally purchased several items that turned out to be not as represented. Lifetime warranty option is a scam.

Kay Jewelers author review by ConsumerAffairs

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.

• Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.

• Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.

• Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.

• Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team