3.6/5 (492 ratings)

About Kay Jewelers

Kay Jewelers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

Please do NOT purchase a wedding ring or any JEWELRY from this company. They will tell lies, not return phone calls and not measure your finger properly for the sizing. They are the WORST company to deal with for a refund. Please DO NOT SHOP AT KAY'S. I’m friends with the manager and she lied to me as well. They will only take your money and never fix your jewelry properly. Customer care will lie about resolving the issue. The Vice President, Bethany Spain will make up false information not to give a refund.

I have purchased a second wedding ring and it was the WORST MISTAKE EVER! The size was incorrect! The diamond came out four days later! They tried to fault me for the diamond coming out. It came out because the JEWELRY IS NOT A GOOD QUALITY! Please read reviews from customers as myself or I promise you that you will regret going to Kays. This company is a SCAM with jewelry. I will have to take legal action to resolve my claim. They are professional liars for MONEY! Be Blessed and Take my advice Please

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

I dropped off my ring to get resized and was told that it would be ready in 2 weeks, couple days before the 2 weeks I got a call that my ring got lost in the mail. Well, then I asked to look for a replacement that is the same as the one got lost. I was they would call me by end of the day to let me know, off they did not calll. I called them and they told me that they had found and it would take another week to be ready for pick up. - did not follow up.

I called the store to check if my ring arrived and they told it did. - how come they don’t call to let me know? I went to pick up and the associate could not find my ring- what a mess? How come they don’t keep it in a safe or a common place for pick up? Associate then call the manager and was able to find when I was about to leave the store.

The biggest issue besides the whole mess they have in that store is that the associate did not give my ring unless of a sign a general release that is manipulative and definitely should not even be legal and I will look more into it. I asked another associate if everyone signs that and she said she was there just covering that she doesn’t work on that relocation. Well, every Kay policy should be the same. I asked my sister who had sent her jewelry for maintenance and fixing and she said she never signed the release and I knew that because no one should and wouldn’t sign that.

I said, I am more than happy to sign a receipt confirming I am picking up, but I won’t sign this general release. Long story a left without my ring that is paid in full and they are holding forcing me to sign the release. The release is me agreeing not to make any negative comments on social media and that we have resolved any issue amicable. How can they make sign that and don’t release my ring?

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I am only giving one star since you have to give a star to do the review. This is the WORST business to deal with. I ordered a necklace for my aunt for Christmas. She lives out of state so I ordered online in her name and shipped it to her. Immediately after ordering, I realized my phone auto-corrected the address to her address but my state and zip.

I call to have it fixed and was told no. Even though it didn't ship yet I was told they cannot change the city state and zip code. I then changed the delivery to a UPS drop-off location so it wouldn't get lost to an address that didn't even exist. Well since I put it in my aunt's name UPS couldn't give me the package. They had it sent back and returned on December 29th. This is where the fun begins! I got an email on December 29th saying I would get my refund in 7 days. 10 days later I have nothing. I email Kays and surprise surprise their "vendor" never even issued my return. Was told it would be expedited and will be issued within 7 days.

7 days later was told it WASN'T issued and will be in my account in 7 days. Guess what - NO REFUND! Chat support people have zero idea what they are doing. I sat ON HOLD for 15 minutes 27 seconds just to be hung up on this morning. No one will email me back and the support chat are reading my messages (2 checks means read) & not saying ANYTHING! This company is HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL. It should NOT be this hard to get my money back. The package was never opened by anyone and came back only a couple days after being shipped. All I get is a runaround. They are really refusing to give me My money back.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I placed an order on December 23 and decided the same day I did not want to make the purchase. I contacted a representative, Katley M, and stated I wanted to cancel. They say I had 60 minutes and denied cancelation. Then, on the January 3rd they charged me for the Engagement ring and said it was going to be shipped almost 2 weeks later. This is the worst company to order Jewelry through.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I customized a wedding band for my fiancé and it was a mess. There was so much back and forth with the manufacture with sizing and when the ring was returned, it was dented and scraped horribly. It looked like they played soccer with the ring. After sending it back for the 5th time, my fiancé wore the ring for 24hrs and the black rhodium literally whipped off the ring. Horrible material and so over priced. They tried to say since it was a custom ring I could not get my money back after spending thousands of dollars. That was not going to fly. I called their customer service to file a claim, a manager never gave me a call back after numerous attempts. I contacted my bank for a dispute and Kay finally refunded me my money. I ordered another ring from an online company for a fraction of the price and that was the best decision I could have made. IF YOU WANT QUALITY JEWELRY DO NOT SHOP AT KAY JEWELERS.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

I purchased a ring online on November 13th and had it shipped to my local Kay’s store. As of today 12/27/22, I’ve never received the ring. It obviously got lost or stolen in shipping. I was given a case number of Dec. 5th and told it would take 10 to 14 days to complete the investigation. As of today, customer consultants keep telling me the case is still pending. They won’t refund me for a purchase that I never received. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of Kay’s jewelry in the past and have never experienced anything like this. There was a time when you could contact consumer relations directly and they immediately solved your issue. Now, you can only contact customer service reps who can’t really help or solve the issue. After I seek legal advice for this issue, I will be tearing up my credit card. Kay’s has lost a valuable customer.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

Ordered online a necklace and didn't receive it. Called customer service 12/9/22. They gave me a case # and said escalation team will take of notifying me and no contact has been made. I have attempted 10 times and different numbers and get no further than the first time. I have been scammed by Kay they have my money but I have no product. Someone at the top like Gina Drosos needs to take care of customers like me.

Millie

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Never buy jewelry from Kay's, especially if you are thinking of investing in an engagement ring, because they will rip you off. My fiance gave me his mother's ring, purchased in 1999. The stone cracked in 2022 because it was heavily included (meaning a poor quality stone). Kay's replaced the 1 carat diamond (SI2 rating) with a 0.85 carat. We called them out in the store and had to make a scene before the manager agreed to do anything. She replaced the diamond with a 1.03 carat of worse quality, I2 rating.

Please only buy diamonds with certs, and don't do it at Kay's or any of the companies that also exist under the same parent company. Diamonds from Kay's without certifications will all be of poor quality/near worthless, and Kay's have somehow found a way to legally sell you "1 carat" diamonds that are actually much smaller. Educate yourself on the 4 Cs of diamonds and understand what you are buying. Instead of educating their customers, Kay's take advantage of their lack of knowledge in an attempt to get them to pay MUCH more for a very poor quality stones that other jewelers wouldn't even touch. Their certification (GSI) is also a scam. It is only used by companies owned by the parent company of Kay Jewelers. The only thing accurate about a GSI cert is the diamond's size. No other jewelers use this company to certify their stones because it rates stones too favorably.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

STAY AWAY!!! They do NOT stand behind their products at all. Bought my wife a ring. She wore it 4-5 times and the diamond fell out. We have been dealing with this for months promising phone calls back to us and speaking to multiple people. The verdict was we could send it in to get a free estimate to repair and replace the diamond. Before this we were told the new diamond would be free but the repair would be about $500. That is more than the ring. Why would we do that? They NEVER offered us any other solution. Not a trade in, a discount for an upgrade, NOTHING! So I said then just get me the free diamond and I will take elsewhere for them to repair the ring cause $500 is ridiculous. They said they can't do that unless it gets repaired by them. Lol. What a bunch of scam artists.

I hope this store closes down. They have idea how to take care of customers and the product they sell are probably 2nds. I mean why would a diamond fall out only being worn 4-5 times with no damage to the ring. After Kay's looked at it and made that statement of it not being damaged. For your own good go somewhere else oh and buying online with Kay's is no different because the local store will make the ultimate decision of what to do with your product. Spend the extra or go somewhere else this company is a JOKE!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

I ordered a ring 2 weeks ago. They have done nothing with the order since...except refuse to update it (size), cancel it, or provide shipping information!! They refuse to provide any concrete information at all....just loop their clients through endless bots.

Kay Jewelers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.

• Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.

• Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.

• Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.

• Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.

Kay Jewelers Company Information