3.9/5 (496 ratings)

About Kay Jewelers

Kay Jewelers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: June 17, 2022

I purchased an engagement ring and wedding ring from Kay. I found out my now ex cheated on me and left me for the guy after saying yes to me. I was hospitalized for being suicidal and can’t return it.

Original review: June 15, 2022

We bought an engagement and an enhancer. We were told the two rings could not be sent out together to be sized. When I went to go pick up my engagement ring and drop off the enhancer to be sized, a staff member told me that they could have been sent out together. I was told the enhancer would be back June 15th and it is not. So now I have to wait 4 weeks + and make 2 trips to get my rings. We will not be making any other purchases from Kay Jeweler.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I've bought a necklace and it burst. I didn't purchase the protection plan so I paid out of pocket. Within a week the chain burst again so I threw it in the garbage where it belong. Next was a pair of hoop earring, they're charging me half the cost to repair, I left it to be repaired but after the chain burst again I decided I wasn't about to keep repairing, so I authorize them to throw it away, that's $500 lost. You're better off buying cosmetic jewelry than shopping at Kay's, at least you know what you're paying for.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I purchased a very expensive 9 diamond engagement ring for my wife. I did an upgrade and purchased the warranty. She took it in several times for cleaning and inspection. The large centerpiece diamond fell out. Instead of honoring their warranty, they came up with all types of reasons that the warranty should not be honored. You did not bring it in for inspection, (lie) you did not bring it in every 6 months, (no one told us that). I've spent a lot of money with them for my wife and daughter. I will NEVER spend another dime with them. Every kiss with Kay is a kiss of DEATH!. To your wallet. I will get my wife's diamond replaced elsewhere.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Purchased a ring enhancer as a wedding band! Months later, when I finally got married and put on the enhancer with my engagement ring, it did not fit properly causing my finger to swell! Called customer service to try to rectify the problem! Was advised the manager at the location I purchased the ring from would not return the ring, but only offer a trade in, after explaining that when I took the ring to another jewelry, I was advised the enhancer didn't and wouldn't fit properly with my engagement ring, hence that's why my hand was swelling. I'm now stuck with a ring, that I can't wear!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I've only had my ring one week and it has already tarnished. I only paid $32 for it but didn't expect for it to our a torrent after 1 week. Will never purchased anything else from Kay Jewelers. I'd rather go to the beauty supply house instead of purchasing from you Kay Jewelers.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Had my engagement ring for just about a year. Took it in for a cleaning and the employee discovered that there were 9 stones loose. They did not give me the option to take it somewhere else for service. They sent it in on March 11th and promised it would be back within a week. Got notice that the ring had returned to the store and I called to see if I could come get it. The employee on the phone said that they never received it.

After a few days I begged for info on where in the world my ring was and they said it had to be sent to the service shop again because it was returned with more problems than it left with! HOW CAN A REPAIR SHOP DAMAGE SOMETHING WORSE THAN IT ARRIVED TO THEM?! Now, here I wait for my ring to return a second time and no one will give me any information other than "we don't know anything". I am PISSED! All I want to do is return the ring and go somewhere else. I am so sad and disappointed and they just don't care. I will never buy from this company again.

Original review: March 4, 2022

Payments are due on the first of each month, I make payments beforehand, more than required, payments are not posted on time, was told it is my fault. I go into the sometimes a week, or two before the 1st, they consider my payments late, and being charge interest on a 6 month deferred plan, still have 3 months to go. The extra money that I pay is not being put towards this plan, will pay balance, close the account.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

We bought our ring from the Novi store and the customer service we have received from the staff has been horrible. They have not gotten us our certification for our ring and it has been 11 months since the purchase. Every time we call and ask they have no news on where it's at and can't find it. We have had multiple stones fall out of the ring and have had to send it in 3 times now for stones falling out. Just this last time a stone fell out so we sent it in and they sent it back with a crack in the main diamond so now we have to send it in again and it's going to be 1 to 2 months before we get it back.

The lack of care from their employees is so disrespectful. They do nothing and I mean nothing to help. We have had so many problems with our ring. I will never buy from them again. People please save yourself the hassle and do not buy from Kay Jewelers. Having to send the ring in 3 times in the first 11 months of having it is ridiculous. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I had great experience at Knightdale Kay Jewelry. Very helpful. Can’t say enough about the girls in there. Totally awesome. Got great deal on new diamond for my wife. I can’t be any happier with them. If you're in need of any jewelry this is the place to go. God bless.

Kay Jewelers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.

• Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.

• Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.

• Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.

• Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.

Kay Jewelers Company Information