Kay Jewelers

Compare Jewelry Stores

Research top Jewelry Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Gave my engagement ring back to them after having 3 past issues of wrong size given, no engraving, and no emerald as paid for--They requested that we give them a chance to fix their mistakes (as I spent 3 months of my 5 month engagement without my ring because of them fixing then refixing each issue) as they were to take my engagement ring and have the emerald placed within the band, after it fell out on my first day of the honeymoon.

Got a call 2 weeks later saying it was done, go into the store and they only have my wedding band. Made the excuse that they needed to order another emerald, and will be done Wednesday. Wednesday I called, no one knew where it was. Thursday came and they had it - gave it to my husband to pick up, and when I finally got home to see it - my personalized engraving does not exist, and the size of the ring does not match my wedding band. Though they have remained silent, Corporate has confirmed that my ring is incorrect, and may not even by my original ring. I have yet to have them respond to figure out where my ring is, and the steps moving forward. THE ring that my husband picked out individually, proposed to me and made a commitment of forever with me is nowhere to be found and I am devastated. Cannot believe that Kay Jewelers is not taking steps to resolve this issue.

My daughter bought me a beautiful diamond turtle. 6 months later the chain broke. They soldered it together and gave it back crooked. They should have just given me a fresh chain since it was so thin and cheap to begin with. Who wants to wear a glued together diamond necklace. The warranty wasn't worth the money at all. I've barely enjoyed the necklace and wouldn't dare buy another one. Who wants to keep running to the store at the mall, nobody. It should've been replaced and not "repaired". Especially when the repair work stinks. They should keep these chains in the store for easy replacement. It would probably cost more to solder than replace. Or just make a better chain for these necklaces.

I went in to purchase the ring they had on sale for 20.00 but they only have them in size 6 1/4 so I would have to spend an extra 18.00 to have it sized. Really they could not carry other sizes. So the ring they advertise for 20 is really 40 for those that don't have that one size they carry. They should carry other sizes or size for free.

Questionable sales tactics. I would really love to see their Corporate training manuals because 2 stores have pulled the same tricks with me. I would also have the DM looking for a new job especially since she was made aware of the situation at both stores! But folks that's commissions base sales for you... the buyer gets it in the rear end! Go somewhere else!

I purchased a pair of earrings at Kay's a few months ago and I have had to get them repaired three times already. Each time the sales person tried to tell I had to buy additional warranties to get them fixed (I had already paid for this when they were bought) and after some discussion they decided to fix them. They broke again last week and now they have told they replaced them each time, which is simply not true and if it was then why are they continuing to break? I have had a horrible experience with this store and will never buy anything there again. I have been lied to multiple times and cheated out of what should have been an enjoyable nice gift. The staff has been very rude and discourteous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

We bought a Ever Us ring in July. Special ordered the ring size, delivered wrong. Sent back and still sized wrong, sent back a 3rd time. After 3 1/2 weeks ring finally in, less than 5 months later I take it in for a cleaning and stone check. A diamond was loose, sent out for 3 weeks for diamond repair. I have had it back 2 weeks now and a Diamond has now fallen off and lost. I'm very disappoint in Kay, very disappointed in this ring I once loved. Kay states it will be 48 business hours before they can tell me how they can make this right. I do not want to send it back out again. I have read those horror stories and I do not want a exchange from Kay. I want a refund. I will never buy from this store again. I will never recommend this store to anybody looking for friendly customer service, a good quality piece of jewelry. Now that I look into it Kay does not have a very good reputation these days, now I know why.

I received a locket from this store but it broke within a year. It has a grungy look considering I rarely wear it and it was supposed to be sterling silver. The necklace was also flimsy. Their customer service was alright but I don't want anything from this store again.

On December 7th I went to Kay Jewelers to get a ring for my granddaughter for Christmas. I was told they had nothing in the store but I could order one from their catalog. We went through and I ordered a ring for her with 3 stones, set in a sterling silver setting. The price given to me was $241.50 written on the slip. The salesperson said it would take about 3 weeks, and sometimes they come in sooner. I asked if there was any discount and she said "no this is a special order," and I said "you do not have any here that I had to order out of the catalog, how does that make it a special order." Well no disc. She told me to call back on Christmas eve and see if maybe it had come in. When I got home that night I got online to see if I could get a picture of the ring so that in case it didn't come in I could at least give her a picture of her present.

Well I started checking out how much a ring would cost and it was an amazingly lower price than what I was quoted. Anyway the next day I get a call from Kay Jewelers and the lady said I had been online checking out a ring, did I want to cancel my order, and if I did not want to cancel I should call back the next day instead of ordering online. I called back the next morning and told the lady who answered who I was and that I did not want to cancel my order, she said that ordering online is a mass produced ring and not as well made as the one that was ordered. So I said go ahead and order it.

One week later I got a call from the first lady who called me and she said that I never called to go ahead with the ordering of the ring. I told her I called the next day and told the lady on the phone to go ahead and order the ring that was picked out. She said she never got the message. She said the ring would be in around the first week of January. I called again in January and spoke to a lady named Mary, I told her what was going on and she said she would look it up for me, I waited until she came back to the phone and she said the ring was back ordered and it would be here around the 10th of January. I told her I was never contacted about a back order and she apologized to me for no one calling me to let me know.

I never got a call until the 12th of January that the ring was there. I could not get down there until the following weekend which was the 14th of January because I live 50 miles away. My husband went down that day to pick it up for me on Jan. 14, I had paid a $50.00 deposit and I owed a balance of 191.50, I gave my husband the money and he went to get it. He called me from Kay's Jewelers and said I owed more money, I said look at the slip that I gave you from them with the quoted price of $241.50 written by the salesperson. The Manager got on the phone to apologize to me that the lady that took the order didn't charge the right amount so I had to pay $75.00 more to get my ring.

I guess at Kay Jewelers it must be my fault and not their fault that they quoted me the wrong price. I told my husband to give them the extra money and just get the ring. I will never shop at Kay's again and I am going to convince my husband not to go there anymore. He spends quite a bit of money there and we can go to a jewelry store up in our town and get a real jeweler to make any ring we want and in just a few days. I was very upset and disappointed it the way this was handled and I felt that I was taken for a ride.

I really chose this store because it is not in a large mall. The staff had time to spend explaining things to me. I mostly needed to know how to care for the bauble I was set on buying. I don't know much about jewelry except that some of it makes me happy.

I like the quality of the cut of the stones and I also like the clarity of them and I like the customer service. When I shop at Kay's I'm very interested in trend designers as well as price and I find that case they really do accommodate designers and trends which is very important with me. Many jewelers designers and newcomers so I liked your PR and I like their marketing strategies. It's a very cozy environment to buy in and they have great locations as well. Mostly the malls of America have them in them. Just excellent.

2015 purchased Leo engagement ring. Was told white gold. Ring faded in matter of months. Was informed rhodium plated and needs to be re-dipped. Did this 3-4 in 1 yr. with numerous complaints. Workers agreed ring looks horrible. This is a $3000 ring. Apologized for not being told about ring and the constant runaround. They have seen me in store over and over complaining. Finally my option return ring, repurchase something else or exchange mine possibly defected from being resized two times. We did the repurchase and was told if it happens again we can be refunded. They did a new slip even gave us award points. And assured us this can be returned, we also purchased warranty on both rings.

Picked up ring Oct 2016. By Dec ring is yellow and looks horrible. Went to return and they are refusing. Trying to explain to me what rhodium is?? I did my research. I told them and should have been told this at purchase. Spoke with customer service 800# was told ring should only be dipped 1 time between 16-18 months. After all this I tried returning and cannot. I am dealing with claims department and getting runaround. Trying to explain over and over on rhodium. I continue to tell them I was told white gold. I was told I can return and everyone is lying and not doing their job. Less than 2 months and it looks like a cheap $50 ring. I want my money and will fight to the end. Claims dept is going to speak with manager and workers?? I only dealt with manager this month and she has nothing to say... just following orders. Very tight lipped.

I asked claims woman if she really thinks anyone worker there is going to risk their job and acknowledge what they said?? This was all about them getting the money. I have seen way too many complaints on Kay Jewelers and I hope everyone follows through. This is a crooked business with nothing but deceit to get their money. I will not back down. This is my engagement! I will stand at their store with my ring and show customers what they sell and have done. I have contacted BBB and next is the news and lawyer!

I have purchased several items from wedding ring sets to necklaces. The prices and quality are about average. They are also friendly and no high pressure sales. Most sales associates are friendly and knowledgeable about diamonds/gems.

I bought my husband-to-be a wedding band that was supposed to be nearly indestructible. Right away it had a black slash across it from him hooking up a trailer to hitch. Kay Jewelers looked at it and said it could not be cleaned off. Three years later the ring is discolored and wear marks all over it. They were not helpful. The band cost over $500 and it should be better than a $25 band I bought my first husband that still looked good after 44 yrs.

I bought a watch at Kay Jewelers. I am not happy with the color of the watch. The sales person led me to believe this is the only shade the watch comes in. My husband bought the watch for a Christmas present for me. The sales person asked me if I would like it sized to fit my wrist., I agreed. She did not inform me this would void a return. As we continued to walk in the mall, we saw the same watch at Zales only it was a much more vibrant blue and I fell in love with it.

The next morning I tried to return the original watch(I had the watch less than 24 hours) they accused me of scratching the watch and since the watch had been altered they could not take it back. I called customer service and they proved to be useless. She said that she would arrange for a return and call me back. Surprisingly I never heard from her again, I tried to call her several times, my husband tried to call her and she will not return any of our calls. I am very disappointed in Kay Jewelers, obviously I will never shop there again but I will spread the word through social media. Shame on you Kay!

I went to Jared Jewelers in the Loop and was ignored for an hour! I left and went to Kay Jewelers in the Loop and was immediately greeted by Lily and Beatrice with the most beautiful smiles. They took the time to show me various pieces and options - the result? I left after spending a little more than I intended, but feeling that I had received the best customer service ever! This is a also compliment to the Management for employing people who really care. Thank you Lily and Beatrice - you are the best!

Consumer Increased Rating!

On June 21st, 2015, I went to Kay Jewelers looking for a new setting for my 1.67 pink diamond. The Diamond was purchased at one of our locally owned stores, that has been a part of our community for over 30 years. But, because my mom had always had positive things to say about Kay, I decided to give them a try... What a HUGE mistake this was. I paid $3600.00 for the setting my diamond was going to be placed in. When I received my ring, I noticed that my diamond looked different. I just thought it was because it was in a much larger setting... A week later, one of the prongs came off of my center stone, to which I had to take it back in, and they had to send it off. It really bothered me that they don't even have an "in house" jeweler... I told them repeatedly, that I was very uncomfortable with them shipping my diamond through the mail, but they ASSURED me, that it would be fine.

So I get my ring back 2 weeks later, and it is STILL LOOSE, and my diamond still looks different. So, today, I took my ring back to the jeweler that I originally bought it from. He proceeds to tell me, that when they soldered the ring together, that it altered my color enhanced diamond. It literally blew most of the pink right out of the stone. So, we now have to send my ring to New York, to have my diamond fixed. When I called today and explained to them what had happened, they said they have a "special department" that deals with those issues. Are you kidding me? You make so many BIG mistakes that you have an actual department for that? I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN. I will never recommend them to anyone, and I certainly wouldn't spend hard earned money on crappy products. BUYER BEWARE. So I now have a "case" number and should receive a call in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Buy from your local jeweler. They've been around so long for a reason. I don't know how Kay actually stays in business. I've never had anything this beautiful. So when my husband told me to go look at rings years ago, I saw this diamond. And it was stupid expensive. So when I got home, I told him that when he went to look, to just LOOK at this diamond, because I had never seen a pink diamond. I just wanted him to see how pretty it was. NEVER in a MILLION years, did I think he would place that ring on my finger 6 months later. So when I asked him WHY he spent so much, he told me it was because I deserved something really beautiful in this life. This Diamond has huge sentimental value to me. He paid for it outright. Saved every last dime he had, to buy me THIS ring. So thank you, Kay Jewelers, for screwing up my diamond.

I will never purchase anything from Kay Jewelers in store or online ever again, after being treated so rudely! It's Christmas time, and I was tossing the idea around of buying my stepdaughter a ring for a gift. Nothing outrageously expensive, but wanted to purchase something nice that didn't look cheap. I decided to look online and see if I could take advantage of their Christmas deals/sales that they were promoting. I found a really cute ring, silver with small round diamond stones around a much larger amethyst round stone. It looked really expensive from the picture online, and the price was right because it was on sale. They were also offering free next day shipping. I was a little hesitant to purchase it at first, being that I did not see it in person, but was reassured after reading the great reviews about this ring. So I went against my better judgment and purchased it anyway. Thankfully I had it sent to me first, and not shipped directly to my stepdaughter.

I didn't receive the ring till a week later. I was a little baffled as I was under the impression the ring would be shipped the next day per their online deal. No biggie, as I still received it before Christmas and could mail it off to her and she would also still get it before Christmas. When I opened up the box to look at the ring, I wasn't impressed at all, the ring looked cheap. Not to mention a big old sticker wrapped around the ring band that said "Made in China". I couldn't believe that they would ship out jewelry like that and leave that sticker on. Very tacky, and not a gift I would dare give anyone with a sticker as such attached to it, especially a ring from a well known jewelry store. I decided to return the ring and took it into the Kay jewelry store in my hometown to do so. And... this is where the real problem begins.

I walk into the store (mind you it's still before Christmas). Only 2 sales ladies on the floor. Both helping other customers. Not a problem, I'll patiently wait my turn. At this time, I'm the 1st in line waiting to be helped, no other customers in the store except us 3. One of the sales associates greets me. I tell her "I'm here to do a return". She then gives me a sour look and tells me, "the other associate has to help you with that because it's a return and I'm not authorized to do it". The associate (that's going to do the return) then tells me to have a seat, she'll be with me shortly and after she's done with the customer she's with. Not a problem.

20 minutes pass, and I'm still patiently waiting. The 2 associates are still with the same customers.

By this time, 5 other customers have come into the store. Another 15 min pass and as we're all standing around waiting to be helped, one of the customers says, "wow! It's Christmas, you would think they'd have more people working at this time (you'd think right?!?)". A little while later, another associate pops her head out from behind the back of the store and was almost going to turn around and go right back behind the store, until one of the associates on the floor tells her she needs to come out and help because they're busy. It's now my turn to be helped.

She apologizes and says she was on her lunch break. I tell her I'm doing a return, she says "I've never done an online return but I will try to figure it out". After 10 minutes she can't figure it out and calls upon the sales associate that was originally supposed to do my return in the first place. By this time, that associate is almost done with the customer she was helping when I had first walked into the store. What does she do? Ignores the associate that's helping me and needing her help with my return, and starts helping the customer that came in "after" me. Associate calls her over again, she again ignores her. Now this associate asks me if I could step on the side and wait for that associate, cause she cannot do anything for me and needs to help the other customers that have been waiting. Now I'm getting a little upset!

1 out of the 5 customers that came in after me leaves cause the wait is too long for them and says so. The associate that was helping me tells that customer to go to Zales, maybe he can find something there if he doesn't want to wait (I'm assuming they're a sister company? If not, yikes!) Associate that was supposed to help me originally still has not come over, associate that was helping me, now moves on to another customer... I'm still standing there and I was the first one in line!

I had it and finally say something! The associate that was helping me and couldn't, says "I'm sorry, I'm calling her over here to help me but she's busy with other customers right now"! I said "are you freakin kidding me?!? She's ignoring you and helping customers that came in AFTER me!" What is going on here? Assuming she's trying to ease my anger or stall time, looks at the ring I'm returning and says, "why are you returning it? It's a beautiful ring". I tell her "I don't like it, it's not what I expected" and tell her about the tacky sticker that was attached to it on top of not liking the ring. She looks at me and curtly says "if you don't know, everything is made in China!"

I'm well aware of that fact, but I surely don't expect to receive a ring with a big sticker on it saying so. I go on to say, "if it's not a big deal, then why don't you guys just leave those stickers on the rings that are displayed in your store? You know why you don't, cause it's tacky and off putting and some customers would probably not purchase a ring from your store." Finally, the associate that was supposed to originally help me, and apparently is the only one that can, or knows how to do an online return comes over to help me. Only after "everyone" in the store that came in after me has been helped and is long gone.

I voiced my anger to her immediately! I also told her, the only reason why I went from being the 1st in line to the last in line to receive assistance is because I was doing a "return" and NOT purchasing something! Had I been in there to buy something, she would've been up my behind. She then had the nerve and audacity to tell me, that I was being helped in the appropriate order and unfortunately I was the last customer who came into the store. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and lost it! I told her "you are lying and you know it! I was the first one in here besides the 2 customers that was being helped already when I walked in." She could've cared less, didn't even apologize to me for even waiting as long as I had to, nothing!

She did the return and I asked her for the store managers name and business card. She says "I'm the assistant manager". I said "first off I asked you for the "managers" info, secondly, you're an assistant manager and you treat your customers like this?" Unbelievable, just unbelievable! Never again will I buy anything from this store, and I have in the past, not anymore after this!

I have never had to encounter a more unprofessional company. Firstly, the process in which Kay Jewelers completes orders in store and online makes no sense. When going into the store the employees complete an online order just as you would if you were at home. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Additionally, shipping to the store does not occur within the time frame that you are provided. These are all cons of ordering with Kay.

However, my main issue occurred on 12/17/16. I placed an order on the Kay online website for a Christmas gift for my husband. After completing the online purchase and providing my personal account for the 20% deposit that Kay requires from my personal account, shortly after, I was notified that I could not use my Kay account. Mind you, I have been paying on my account monthly for three previous purchases and had a substantial amount remaining to cover my purchase. I called the number provided to speak to customer service about this. At this time, I was informed that my account had been closed as they run a separate credit approval when you make a purchase. I do not understand what the purpose of this "separate credit check" is and would not recommend that anyone shop with this company.

I've never had a more horrific experience in ANY business that compares to what Christi ** who represented herself as the manager was so disrespectful. Tasha ** has been in a never-ending issue with the replacement of a ring that Kay Jewelers destroyed. As a customer she's approached the proper channels going through the store, customer service, etc. Only to be completely disrespected by the manager Christi when she inquired into the status of an issue that happened as a result of Kay Jewelers compromising the integrity of her ring. The ring has been on order for months allegedly.

She was told that it was on order then told it was never ordered then that as Christi rudely told Tasha ** that it had been ordered and received two days ago but she would not receive it per her phone call with customer service and walked away. There was no resolve. Tasha was told she could choose another ring but she would not receive the ring she reordered that Kay Jewelers destroyed. We're still here but she's refused to assist us! Why is that?

I had waited many years to afford the luxury of buying myself a pair of diamond earrings. I am 60. I chose a very nice pair that were on sale for 139.00. They even matched a ring I was wearing at the time. I was very happy with them. I asked the saleslady what the posts were made. I told her I can only wear solid gold or solid silver... She responded, "Oh these posts are made of solid silver. You are in luck." So I made the purchase and actually put them in while I was in the store... Within probably half an hour they started to bother me. I figured it was just because maybe the posts were a little larger than the earrings I had been wearing and they would be ok.

I put alcohol on my ears when I got home and wore them 12 hours a day for the next 4 days. Each day my ears got worse... red. Puffed up... and itchy. I decided I had made a mistake and would have to bring them back. I had a sneaking suspicion they were not silver. I took them back to the Kay Jewelers store and the Kay manager was very smug with me. I asked him what are these posts made of... He told me silver, nickel and I can't remember what else. I told him I was told by his salesperson they were 100% silver and I am allergic to them and I want to return them. Then he told me, "You are probably allergic to nickel." I told him, "No kidding... That's why I asked what they were made of before I bought them."

He then tried to sell me every other kind of earring in the store and I finally told him, "No, I don't trust you any more. You were not honest with me the first time so I will not buy any more jewelry here." He said, "OK, I will refund your money or I can give you a gift card." I said, "You are kidding right?? Put the money back on my Visa please." He got the point and did what I asked and stopped playing around and I will not be going back... I don t understand why they would use JUNK METALS in their settings... Do they want someone's finger to turn green?? Is profit the only thing they care about... Don't they want their customers for life?? I really don't understand...

Cannot believe Kay Jewelers screwed up the repair on my tanzanite ring again! This time the ring was totally redesigned and doesn't even look like my ring anymore. All they had to do was replace a stone that fell out (this is the third or fourth time this has had to be done and each time they've screwed up the prongs) and repair the prongs (again) instead the stones are now channel set and the top of the ring is totally different. It wasn't an expensive ring but has tons of sentimental value to me. I just want it right and the way it was before they messed with it.?? Don't know if the damage can be repaired.

I have been a Kay's customer since I bought my wife her engagement ring 9 years ago. I have purchased, a couple of Leo items and watches off and on over those years. Today, I went into a Kay's store and saw another Leo ring that I really examined, inspected and verified the laser numbering on the ring. I wasn't just window shopping, I was buying. The sales associate gave me a final price for this new Leo three stone ring. I did not bat an eye and said I will take it. I informed her I will be using my Kay's card and gave her the card.

She ran my card and said, "Oh, your account is closed." I said why and they said it hadn't been used in 2 years and if I wanted the ring just reapply for new credit. I said, "No. Please call the service department and find out what happened." She called and repeated the same thing. Nothing they could do so just reapply. I said, "No," again and left the store, feeling a little embarrassed and humiliated as other customers were right there.

I left and immediately called Kay's office and waited about 20 minutes to get a service associate. I informed the associate what just occurred and she said, "Let me look at your account." The lady goes on to inform me that I hadn't used my account in two years so it was automatically closed. I said, "I just updated all my account information in July 2016 and why wasn't I informed of this closure?" I also asked when was it closed. She informed me it was closed Oct. 20, 2016 and that if I read my agreement when I signed contract that if it wasn't used in 2 years, they could close it.

Seriously, I have had this account on my credit report for almost 10 years and all of a sudden they tell me to re-read my contract. I informed her this is a very bad way to inform a customer about their accounts. I never received an email or letter about this closure and the associate continued to say, "It was in your contract that you signed." If I wanted credit I had to reapply. End of our conversation.

Well, I reapplied and NO THANKS to KAY's I was turned down. I had a $7600.00 credit limit and was never once late and have zero negative marks on my credit report, which I constantly monitor. Well, I told my wife about my Christmas present that didn't happen today. I informed her about the situation and she said, "You know I have my $5500.00 card we can use." I said, "Let's move on and just close out all of Kay's." She agreed and we are now looking at other "NONE" Kay's corporation owned Jewelers. I also tried several times to leave feedback for Kay's on their website, and it states they have received too many so please call. In the end with no notification of account closure and the service associate on the phone basically telling me it's all my fault more or less is why this happened. Good Luck, will move along.

After having a Kay card for years, always pay on time and never late, they decide to close the account after they run an unauthorized credit check and feel I have a lot of balances on other cards I own. It's none of their business but yet they closed my account without any correspondence or notification. I will never purchase another item from them again and take my business elsewhere.

My husband spent almost $5000 all said and done having a custom ring made for our engagement. My husband had to go in several times to have the custom design readjusted before they ever molded it. Whatever communication they had between the store and the workshop was not consistent. When he finally received it, there was a large gap between the halo diamonds that was not quality work and completely noticeable. He proposed to me and we had it taken in shortly after to have this corrected.

They gave us a "promise date" (which we now know is absolute garbage and it means nothing at all). The promise date was way off from what was estimated.

A few months after I had something happen where a metal fire pit lid dropped on my hand. It flew my center stone and two small diamonds out as well as breaking my ring beyond repair. I was able to find the center stone. We did not have insurance on it, or the insurance we did have did not cover a custom design. It could not be soldered. We agreed to have it completely remelted and remade and we paid for it out of pocket. It got sent in again with another bogus "promise date" which pushed it almost to the point of me not having it for engagement pictures.

So what we paid for was a brand new ring! And what we got was one that looked the same, but after my husband brought it home, we found out later was the wrong size. It felt a little tight on my finger but I wore it anyways thinking it was just swelling fingers. I was as gentle as a baby with this ring especially after what had happened. I was getting out of the shower to put it back on and noticed a halo diamond was gone. Only a couple days after me having it back. Mind you, I take it off for ALL CHORES, SLEEP, SHOWER, everything!

Back to the shop it went, where we found out it was also remade in the wrong size. Another "promise date", another crap date. Weeks from what they said and cutting it close to our wedding. About a month ago I had another halo diamond fall out. This was the last straw for me. Not only do I feel like their work is shoddy, communication awful, promise dates are false advertising, I do not feel we need to pay the rest of what WE PAID to have it remade, into a brand new ring with no issues.

It feels like a piece of junk that I am forever stuck with and stuck with the company. They offered to have it re-pronged, which may fix the stone issue (may not) and then took $200 off our account which I still feel was a misleading approach to make me satisfied but I am not. I found out about this after they called my husband to have him ok changes made to the account. This has taken many phone conversations that have been ongoing with different people in the company because their turnover is also ridiculous. In the grand scheme of things, our balance is small to them but HUGE for us and I do not feel like we got what we paid for. Also, Kay's, Jared's, and Zales are ALL affiliates. Be very weary of business here and shop small.

I went to make a purchase then we were told that my husband credit limit was closed with no explanation from corporate. He calls corporate to find out why his credit limit was closed to find out "fine print according to corporate" that they run your credit on a regular basis whenever they decide to run your credit. Then I decide to pay cash for it and to find out they sold the items I wanted and then had to purchase a higher price item since it was a Christmas gift for my girls. They couldn't give me a reason to why they sold the items. No commitment to the customer and on top of that the sales rep decides to flirt with me thinking that would help since I was frustrated and disgusted that he would do that knowing my husband was with me. Disrespectful in so many ways, that I will pay what I owe on this account and no longer do business with Kay's Jewelry.

Do not shop at Kay Jewelers. If you do anyway to buy diamonds--ask to use A LOOP to look at the true value and clarity of your diamond. My son's diamond rings for his girlfriend had inclusions and weren't even actually the size being sold at - paid 6500 for a phony ring sold by Kay Jewelers and can't even get 1,000 or even sell it to a pawn shop because of the inclusions!!! ALWAYS ASK TO USE A LOOP TO LOOK THRU YOUR DIAMONDS!!!

Six months ago I bought a silver and emerald link bracelet at the Kay Outlet Store at the Assembly Row Mall in Somerville, MA. When I went to put it on 2 weeks ago, I noticed that the clasp was still closed but the link next to it was not attached. It looked like perhaps a small pin that holds it together had somehow come off. My husband and I went back to the store where we had bought it with all of the paperwork and of course the bracelet. The man who waited on us looked at it and asked if we had bought a warranty, which we hadn't as I have had other bracelets,which lasted for over 20 years. They were not bought at Kay's so I guess the quality was better. He said it could be fixed but it would cost $52 or if I got a warranty for over $70 it would be fixed for free for life. Both seemed excessive. I took it home and called Kay's customer service number the next day.

The woman I spoke to said if I went back to the store they would send it in for an estimate and then let me know what could be done. The person in the store never told me this. I know longer trusted Kay so I took the bracelet to a real jeweler. He looked at it and said the link had just come loose and squeezed it closed, he charged me nothing! I really am disappointed and will advise everyone to stay away from this chain of stores. I feel their salespeople are just ripping people off!

I opened a credit line nov of 2015 and was told after a year I would no longer have a 20% down payment! Well that was a lie. I was told I'll have to continue doing so, keep in mind I've never been late on one payment. I'll be closing my account???

I purchased a ring yesterday as a gift and paid with cash. Later the same day learned the recipient preferred a different type of gift so returned the ring the following day. Well found out they don't do returns with cash! If they don't make a sale this day they can't refund your money. As if Kay's lack of sales is MY PROBLEM!! Although they start their day with some cash in their drawer they cannot use that cash to reimburse a refund. I have to wait at least a month to receive a check in the mail. They now have both the ring and my money and I had to leave with nothing. I feel scammed! Whatever you do, don't use CASH to pay for anything in this store! They use YOU as their bank and keep their money in their cash drawer!!!

I have 2 things from Kay. One is a Necklace in the shape of a figure 8 with an opal and a pink sapphire and the other is an all opal bracelet. Paying over 400 dollars total for these products just to have them break in about a month span IS RIDICULOUS!!! I have had 5 replacement necklaces since February of 2016 it is November and it broke once again. Walmart necklaces don't break as much. The warranty doesn't do **. When I took it to be fixed they "forgot" to send it in for about a month! The Bracelet snapped where the "real silver" is supposed to be. Just snapped in half like tin foil. I don't do anything to make them break. They just one day fall off and I take my items off to sleep and shower. I will never buy Kay again. Worst products and sales people suck! Took you people over 2 months to resizes my brother's engagement ring as well! What kind of service is this? If you want pictures I can submit them later.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.
  • Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.
  • Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.
  • Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.
  • Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.
  • Best for Couples getting engaged and customers looking to buy a luxury gift.

Compare Jewelry Stores