3.2/5 (262 ratings)

About Kay Jewelers

Kay Jewelers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

DON'T BUY FROM KAY! The 10K white gold metal band broke in half and I’ve only had it for 3 months. They said they can repair it since I had a lifetime warranty but they’ve already messed it up once. They refuse to give me my money back so I am seeking legal action. I will be going to Woodards from now on because I owe $3k on this POS. We were scammed into buying this being told this is “amazing quality” when I could’ve got the same quality from a Cracker Jack box. I will be leaving reviews on any website that has Kay's name on it. So thanks Kay Jewelers for screwing me and my husband over and not making this right.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I would normally give this store a great review (the one in Ocean County Mall) but today, I was absolutely insulted. I got an email from Kay Jewelers stating "It's time for your ring check-up, make an appointment." I realized oh, I finally have a day off and I have nothing to do! Let me get my ring looked at and cleaned. And then look at wedding bands, since our wedding is in 5 months. My fiancé was on his way to meet me there. I booked an appointment for weddings/anniversary also added in comments "cleaning." The woman in this location today was absolutely horrific with her poor attitude. She didn't even give me a chance to finish my sentence when I started by saying "I have an appointment for my ring checkup and... "

She says "Ugh you know you should have came in January/November for our sake and for yours. We're busy and don't have time for this." Time for what? You're job? As a human resource manager, I'm cringing while writing this but I did nothing to this woman to make me feel the way she made me feel. Like I shouldn't even be in this store... as she took my ring, she barely looked at it. Then goes to clean it, she's shaking her head and rolling her eyes. I made it a point that she had a poor attitude and that your store just lost a sale on wedding bands. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Either the website is being hacked and payment info are getting stolen. Or the website itself is a fake. Trying to use the sent discount card but nothing happens. I was trying to order 2 items, entered my payment info, but it is not getting through. The website shuts down when I submit confirmation.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I recently purchased a heart-shaped pendant with my children's names engraved into it for my wife for Christmas. When it arrived I was astounded that they forgot to engrave it. (so I thought) I looked at it through a 50x magnifying glass and it was actually engraved. I called them and was told that that's how it is (not returnable). Even though the lady on the phone told me that it should be like the picture in my email, which it wasn't. What's the point in getting an engraving if it can't be seen at all. I thought this company was better than this. Lesson learned.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Asked for a final price on 2 items. Sales lady came back with a very inflated price. Turns out she fully expected me to purchase an extended warranty with these items. Wasn't even asked if I wanted them. I was made to feel as if I deeply disappointed her and that I was just a cheap and complete idiot for not wanting her add on. I purchased a ring without the so called warranty and just wanted out of there. Seems like jewelry is an afterthought at Kay's and I will never be returning to them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Took my rings in for cleaning and they lost both my wedding rings. Terrible company. Never buy from Kay's..... Do your research and you will find I am not the only one that has had issues from this dishonest company. They would not even give me a tracking number to ask UPS. Shady if you ask me.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Kay Jewelers, in Paris, Texas, sold me a very expensive diamond engagement ring. The expensive diamond ring actually has the lowest quality diamonds to be found - I3. They will not take it back, even at a discount. I am very, very disappointed in the quality of their product. I guess one could say it is my fault for not researching diamond quality and for not asking them what the quality of this diamond ring was....it was pretty...but very low quality.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Ordered a Garmin watch that was on clearance online. Once it arrived, I noticed that the seal on the box was broken. So I opened the box and it was obvious that the watch wasn't new. The protective seal on the screen was missing and the watch had just been thrown in the box without even trying to put it back correctly. To top that off, the charger cable was missing as well.

So I contacted the customer service on their website, and they said that I can switch it for a new one at a store where it is in stock or I can send it back and they would ship a new one. Since it is a gift and time-sensitive I had to drive to a store an hour away as it was the only one near me that had the watch in stock. It was approved by two different customer service agents that the watch is in stock in that store, but lo and behold, it was indeed NOT in stock. The sales person was very rude about it and rolled his eyes at me when I explained the situation. I still ended up having to send the watch back, and am now waiting for a replacement. I am so disappointed and frustrated with Kay Jewelers. Never buying anything from them again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

My mom purchased jewelry for her girls and it has all tarnished. The jewelry is not sterling silver. My earrings can not be replaced. None of these things that were purchased can be replaced. Please do not buy anything from company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Purchased a necklace online as a gift. Received email stating it was shipped and would be expected the next day. Item did not arrive on date it was expected. Following day checked tracking to see it was delivered on the same day the email was sent out. Contacted Kay to inform them. Asked for my item to be resent as it was a gift. Was told they could not do it and that it would have to be escalated and could take 30 days. Asked the woman why it could not be resent. The email I received on Wednesday states it would be delivered the following day however on Friday when tracking was checked, it states it was delivered on Wednesday, the day the email was sent about it being shipped (makes no sense). Alzadra L the woman who I spoke with via chat basically left the chat after I said that. This is the word customer service I have ever received and would not order from them EVER AGAIN.

Kay Jewelers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.

• Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.

• Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.

• Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.

• Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.

Kay Jewelers Company Information