2. Shopping
  3. Jewelry Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5

Kay Jewelers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: March 5, 2021

I placed an order online needing it for my anniversary. Thinking I had a couple of days it shouldn't take to long. Nothing gives me an idea of how long it will take. I check the status of my order the next day and find out it will take more than a week to get it. I say, "Ok I will just cancel it and go into my local store and pick something up." Nope they have a 1 HOUR cancelation policy!! Are you kidding me? 1 HOUR!! They also charged me twice and say, "Oh sorry. When we ship it one of the charges will fall off but until then sorry about your luck." I ask for a supervisor to talk to. They tell me someone will call me within the next 72 hours. Really 3 days!! Oh and let's not forget. I asked for a corporate number to call and they give me a number to some law office that had absolutely nothing to do with Kay Jewelers. Never again will they see a dime from me.

Original review: March 5, 2021

On February 2, 2021, my husband purchased a ring holder to encase all my rings in. We were told they had to ship the ring holder off to get it widened and that it would return in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, we get a call, that they need my wedding rings to see if they would fit into the ring holder and that it would take a week to return. We asked for a tracker on my rings as they are 40 years old, on our visit February 2nd. When we returned 2 weeks later, the supervisor said "it should be ready in 3 days, as I will personally go pick up the whole set of rings." In searching the internet, the rings never left Arkansas, they only went 20 minutes away, so what is the point in the tracker. To make a long story short, the ring holder is too wide as all my rings keep moving and turning, so I had to take them to another jeweler to get the job done right.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I received an email about a ring I purchased for my daughter that has a lifetime warranty on it. It stated service costs was $161.97. I called the store to inquire why when the ring a lifetime warranty. First I was put on hold for over 10 minutes which was ok. I understand. Perhaps it’s a busy time. However, upon answering the phone when I asked the salesperson to check and make sure it had the warranty she sounded aggravated. Upon finding out the ring indeed was covered for free I thanked her. She simply hung the phone up. No you’re welcome or thank you shopping at Kays. A customer should feel valued. My husband have been doing business here for years. Since the new manager took over about a year ago the store and atmosphere in this location isn’t the same.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

RUN... Do not use this company unless you can walk out with the product in your hand. I bought a ring for Mother's Day 2020 on May 8, 2020. Today is February 26, 2021 and I still have not refund or a ring that never came. I have had multiple phone calls and emails with Kay Jewelers, even today. They informed me that they can not help/refund me as this is 60 days past the date ordered, and I need to contact UPS since they were responsible for delivering it. Mind you on September 2020 a claim was filed from UPS. At this point it looks like Kay will be keeping my $300 and an additional $300 for the claim that UPS filed. If this is not FRAUD I don't know what is. At this time I have currently filed a complaint with the BBB and the Federal Trade Commission.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

NEVER AGAIN. I ordered a men's ring in Oct for Christmas. I sent it back because it didn't fit. Kay sent it back to me and said it was over 90 days and did not return my money. That is complete BS. I sent it back you on 12/27/20 just after it was received. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER THING FROM KAY'S.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I went to Tysons Corner, VA location. The reason of all the problems was Reza **, an assistant manager! I left 2 items for repair and did it through my husband's account. Assistant Manager took the order and verified the phone number. Weeks passed and I haven't gotten any calls from them, decided to follow up. Once called the person spoke in a very unprofessional and unfriendly manner. He stated that they will call and there is the date on the receipt which states the date by when it should be ready. He made me feel stupid for calling, nevertheless I apologized and didn't see the date.

Another week passed and it passed the due date on the receipt and no call. I call again, I believe the same gentleman picked up and asked for my phone number so he can call back because he is busy. Wow! Okay! Lady calls back and gives a very silly excuse as to why they didn't call me. Apparently they had a wrong number. I expressed how unhappy I am.

Went to this location, wanted to go in and out and have as little interaction as possible. Lady was helping me and asked if they called me to pick up my order. After I expressed an ordeal she apologized and I told her it's not her fault. Walked out of the store and she called us back stating that we owe money. After telling her that we already paid, she said you would need to the person who took our order. Really?! The receipt with the amount belong to someone else but was placed with our order.

Back in the store, she calls him and she is asking him in front of us. He said to her that it was a mistake! Literally shutting her up. I tell him that this transaction had too many mistakes. He then turns to me and asks me "why are you being aggressive?!" I asked him if he talks to all customers like that. I advised him to take customer service classes. This guy is an ASSISTANT MANAGER, who should deescalate situations and not cause them! My husband and I are loyal Kay customers. After this experience I am DONE doing business with this retailer! I am recommending to find a different retailer for jewelry purchases and stay away from KAY!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Do not buy white gold jewelry at Kay as you pay for white gold and soon it will turn yellow. They do not explain this to customers at the time of purchase. Their strategy to not return the money and make people keep unwanted and damaged jewelry. My boyfriend just bought me an engagement ring and it turned yellow and they don't want to return the money. People never buy your jewelry from this people again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

We have spent a lot of money at Kay's over the years So I would think that we are a loyal customer. My husband bought me a set of gold earrings for Christmas. I put the small ones in and lost it, luckily it was in the house. I put it on again and I lost it again So apparently there was something wrong with the earring. I called to see what could be done about it and they said NOTHING. Dont buy from this company. Find a local company that will take care of their loyal customers.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Bad customer service, I bought a ring and they said they do resizing. They had to send it out and said it would be two weeks. I called on the date they said it would be ready and the lady gave me attitude and said the date was approximate. I've had rings resized before and it literally took 5 minutes in store. This is going on a month now. I just want a refund so I can spend my money with a local jeweler instead of these fraudsters. It's now a week past the date they said they would have the ring ready and I'm pissed.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I went into the Orange City Kay store and saw the 2 available people were helping others so I walked around looming at cases. NOBODY acknowledged me upon entering. Another woman came in several minutes after me and was immediately acknowledged that some would be with her shortly. A man joined her shortly thereafter. Apparently they were together. Shortly after that a woman appeared from the back and started helping the couple who entered AFTER I did.

I was hoping to get help buying an open heart necklace for my mom (engraved with birth and death dates) like the one I bought when my dad passed. Hurt and angry that because I was obviously not a couple looking at wedding or engagement rings that I was ignored. I went to the sales last and said that I was sorry that my money was not as green as the other customer as I was here first so I would be taking my money elsewhere. The sad part is that I would have been looking for a 25 year anniversary band for myself in the next few months. Never have I had that lack of service.

Kay Jewelers author review by ConsumerAffairs

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.

• Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.

• Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.

• Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.

• Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team