3.9/5 (488 ratings)

About Kay Jewelers

Kay Jewelers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

We purchased a diamond necklace and earrings as a graduation gift for our daughter. This was our first time shopping at Kay's (and will be the last after our experience with them). Our daughter did not care for the necklace/earrings, so we attempted to return them for a store credit. We missed the 90-day exchange policy by three days. They refused to give us a store credit. Poor, poor customer service. It would have cost them absolutely nothing to I recommend shopping at Costco or Sam's Club who have a generous return policy, higher quality and better prices.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Be careful going in. I went in today to get my ring cleaned and get a sizer. The lady short, short brown hair comes back and tells me that I have 3 loose stones in my center one which was just done 6 months ago. She then told me to tighten them and clean it would be $250!!! I said no and walked out. Went to another jeweler in the mall. They said no loose stones. Took it to the jeweler that fixed my center stone and they said not one was loose and if it was they charge $35. Yea so I paid my jeweler to resize it, clean it and polish for $45 all together. Such scammers.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I applied for financing since I was working on building my credit. The amount of times they gave me misinformation on the charges is amazing. No one knows how the programs work. No one can waive charges even after they LIED to you and told you they would be waived. The store sales person misinformed me as well as the credit card company. I work in finance so it’s not like I misunderstood. My questions were clear. I even told them to listen to the recorded conversations since they are being recorded. I was told by a manager that it did not matter what I was told. That they would just “handle it internally”. I am absolutely livid. And due to this misinformation I ended up having to pay a lot of interest. Unbelievable. Go to another store unless you are planning on paying cash.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

So we ordered at $15,000 engagement ring through Kay Jewelers. Once we received the ring it was the wrong size. We ordered a size 5 and they sent a size 7. Not even close to the same size. One would think when you spend this kind of money there would be some quality control. So we call their customer service to get the correct size and we get the run around and refusal to get us a supervisor on the phone. They are telling us we need to now go into a store and return that one and make a new purchase. Absolutely not!!! They made the mistake. They can send a new ring and we send the incorrect one back. At this point we are returning the ring and will find a better place to spend $15,000!!!!

Original review: June 17, 2022

I purchased an engagement ring and wedding ring from Kay. I found out my now ex cheated on me and left me for the guy after saying yes to me. I was hospitalized for being suicidal and can’t return it.

Original review: June 15, 2022

We bought an engagement and an enhancer. We were told the two rings could not be sent out together to be sized. When I went to go pick up my engagement ring and drop off the enhancer to be sized, a staff member told me that they could have been sent out together. I was told the enhancer would be back June 15th and it is not. So now I have to wait 4 weeks + and make 2 trips to get my rings. We will not be making any other purchases from Kay Jeweler.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I've bought a necklace and it burst. I didn't purchase the protection plan so I paid out of pocket. Within a week the chain burst again so I threw it in the garbage where it belong. Next was a pair of hoop earring, they're charging me half the cost to repair, I left it to be repaired but after the chain burst again I decided I wasn't about to keep repairing, so I authorize them to throw it away, that's $500 lost. You're better off buying cosmetic jewelry than shopping at Kay's, at least you know what you're paying for.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I purchased a very expensive 9 diamond engagement ring for my wife. I did an upgrade and purchased the warranty. She took it in several times for cleaning and inspection. The large centerpiece diamond fell out. Instead of honoring their warranty, they came up with all types of reasons that the warranty should not be honored. You did not bring it in for inspection, (lie) you did not bring it in every 6 months, (no one told us that). I've spent a lot of money with them for my wife and daughter. I will NEVER spend another dime with them. Every kiss with Kay is a kiss of DEATH!. To your wallet. I will get my wife's diamond replaced elsewhere.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Purchased a ring enhancer as a wedding band! Months later, when I finally got married and put on the enhancer with my engagement ring, it did not fit properly causing my finger to swell! Called customer service to try to rectify the problem! Was advised the manager at the location I purchased the ring from would not return the ring, but only offer a trade in, after explaining that when I took the ring to another jewelry, I was advised the enhancer didn't and wouldn't fit properly with my engagement ring, hence that's why my hand was swelling. I'm now stuck with a ring, that I can't wear!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I've only had my ring one week and it has already tarnished. I only paid $32 for it but didn't expect for it to our a torrent after 1 week. Will never purchased anything else from Kay Jewelers. I'd rather go to the beauty supply house instead of purchasing from you Kay Jewelers.

Kay Jewelers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.

• Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.

• Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.

• Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.

• Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.

Kay Jewelers Company Information