1.24/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

533 Kay Jewelers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I recently purchased an engagement ring for my girlfriend. Greatest day of my life! The ring not even on her finger for a week the stone falls out! Store offers a replacement. Upon me inspecting this replacement I notice the stone is placed crooked so I tell the jeweler and they say "Really?" And they proceeded to inspect it under the magnifying glass and say, "Wow! It is!" Now I see this without a magnifying glass? So I say, "I'm not taking this ring. Please send mine out to be repaired and sized." A week and a half later it's finally in so I have to call them and the women tells me, "It might be in. We've had a lot of boxes come in but we've been swamped! So we haven't had a chance to look through them but when I get to them I'll let you know if it's in!"

A day later! "Yes the ring has arrived but we're not happy with the placement of the stone so we're sending it back out, the ring will be back on Tuesday!" Now almost 2 weeks upon purchasing! Call on Tuesday. "The ring will be here on Thursday." I promise I will never ever purchase anything from Kay, Jared, Zales or another Signet Jewelers company and be sure I will write as many reviews about my horrible account with this company and their employees and how my engagement was pretty much ruined because a multi billion dollar company chooses to sell an inferior product to its supposedly valued customers.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My experience fabulous. Good quality stones. Very happy with my purchase. Love my ring. No problems with stones. I would purchase more jewelry. They were so helpful and got a beautiful one carat diamond that I am very happy with.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I purchased a 14K gold diamond and emerald ring while we were in ST Kitts. Alex the person that sold me the ring assured me that the ring was 14K and the emerald and diamonds were real. I did not check the inside of the ring to see what was stamped in it. My receipt states 14K gold. I was cleaning the ring only to find out that the ring is not 14K gold. It is 10K gold. This makes me unsure if the diamonds, and emerald is real or not. Trying to get someone to talk to me about this. Not sure about the outcome.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

NOT KAY JEWELERS. www.kay.com. I urge all considering a jewelry purchase to do research in customer satisfaction with jewelry quality and durability before shopping at SIGNET JEWELRY COMPANIES, and many mall jewelers are their subsidiaries. If you are interested, here is my experience at Kay Jewelers: beautiful duplicate engagement rings purchased Feb 2016 with warranty. Small stone falls out of mine Aug 2017. Repair. Same stone falls out 3 days later. Repair. Same stone falls out a week later. Repair. This is a pattern. Store manager at Eastwood Mall Kay Jewelers suggests ring may be defective. Tries to get duplicate ring. Discontinued. He gets them to agree to make new ring in my size, tells me they will put my 3 big diamond in newly cast ring. Ring comes in to store in wrong size. New ring is made. It comes to store missing same stone my original ring keeps losing!

Now I am told this new ring cannot have my original diamonds added because it will ruin the strength of the ring. I feel lied to for months. I feel like I have wasted several trips to the store. I have lost hours upon hours discussing this in person and on the phone with store people and Signet customer service rep who was never helpful. Rep offers me to select new ring. I don’t want new ring because I have matching ring with spouse and my diamonds are not only nicer but sentimental since they symbolize our marriage. The only compensation I am offered is a $200 gift card which is insulting to me so I refuse. This process took around SIX MONTHS! I think about contacting an attorney but decide to wait and see how my ring holds up.

Fast forward to November 2018. Small stone falls out of ring and large stone is loose. I take to Eastwood Mall Kay’s for repair. Store manager (who is different from before) writes up repair. I include a rhodium dip on both engagement and wedding ring along with repair so I don’t have to be without ring at a later date. I check repair slip for accuracy. My rings come back SOLDERED TOGETHER WHICH I DID NOT ASK FOR, DESIRE, NOR AUTHORIZE. As of today, 11-29-18, my rings are being sent back to be UNSOLDERED. I am concerned about them damaging them and the integrity of the rings. I was told store manager made the mistake by other store employees. I don’t know who to believe. I have called the Kay’s complaint line again.

Update: 12/4/18: Ring came back...but it didn’t come home with me. Not good. There are gouges in the shank of each ring after being unsoldered. The smaller band is malformed with hump and gouges. Do they check their work? Do they have pride in workmanship? Both of my rings are being sent back to repair again... Employees at Eastwood very pleasant. Manager wrote a personal note to the head jeweler, Bill, requesting he do the work. Also, someone from customer care left a message, unknowing that the work was shoddy. I am super disappointed and let down. Tired from feeling the emotion, honestly.

Now, I am looking at not having my wedding ring back until Dec. 18. I’ve been without it since mid November... This time employees say, “we’ll make it right...restore your faith...compensate.” How? A friend of mine received more care and compensation when she ran into issues with a sectional couch that cost less than 1/2 of this jewelry symbolic of our forever union that she ordered from Macy’s. I feel like this company doesn’t mean what they say. Words are easy... What about the many trips (for nothing) after work I’ve made to the mall, the hours on the phone, etc? Sorry is not enough. What’s going on with Kay.com and Signet Jewelers?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have lost three diamonds out of my Leo ring in the past three years. We just spent the morning arguing with them about a diamond that is missing now. Apparently when they ask you at the store if you want them to "take a look at the ring", it does not mean they are inspecting it!!! What else would "take a look at the ring" mean? Seriously very upset at this point because they are saying that they will not honor their contract because it was not an inspection. In addition, we had very poor service in the store to explain all this. The 'store manager' laughed at my husband and mocked him. Then when I called, she pretty much told me I was stupid over the phone. What the heck happened to good customer service? We paid cash for this ring and it was not cheap!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My husband bought my ring at Kay Jewelers in 2016. Since then we have gone back to the store multiple times, none of which times have ever been a quick trip. Routine cleaning and inspection at the six-month mark takes an inordinately long time. However this is not the reason for my poor rating. When my diamond was sent out for re-dipping and engraving just prior to my wedding, the store was unable to verify using the photographs taken that the diamond was the same one in my ring before it was sent out as when it arrived back in store. This was due to a combination of poor photography on the way out and also the photography was not done in our presence when we arrived back in the store to pick it up and the photographs provided did not match but this was not brought to our attention.

After we alerted the staff to the problem They kept my ring for approximately a week and a half while trying to determine a means of convincingly determining it was our diamond. The store manager who helped us was honest that he could not do so and ultimately the company line was that they could neither confirm nor deny that the diamond was the same and offered to swap it for another diamond of the same quality as the original diamond purchased if we would like. However hypothetically if this was our original Original diamond then such a swap would be of no benefit and actually make the situation worse. The store manager acknowledge this and offered to have our Diamond inscribed with a special tracking number but that would take about 45 days and we were getting married very soon so we need to delay the process.

Flash Forward to six months later at our next ring inspection and of course this quality manager does not work at Kay anymore. The staff on hand remember the situation however and honor his offered to do the inscribing but again do not feel confident taking a picture of the ring on its way out the door due to the same alleged problem with the scope that takes the photo as occurred six months ago. They cannot offer any timeline for when this will be photographed or when this will be fixed and say it's a corporate level decision when to fix the camera.

They are also resistant to me being referred to another store with a properly working camera and cannot offer any explanation as to how they have been conducting business all this time if their equipment is not working properly. So many different versions of exclamations have been provided it's crazy. The bottom line is something really fishy is going on at Kay Jewelers and I can't recommend this store, to anyone strangers or not. Save yourself the lifetime of heartache and frustration… If you buy a ring from Kay you have to see them every six months for the life of the peace if you want them to honor the warranty.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

This week I’m tired of poor and deceptive customer service! I hope that 2 reviews in a week does not minimize the validity or magnitude of the complaints of two separate companies. Not something I ever do but it’s the only voice I have apparently! Thanks to Kay Jewelers I have a red mark on my credit report for a purchase that was returned! I’m so beside myself over this situation. I can’t even pull it together to re-address this situation in person! My son made a purchase that he fell just short qualifying for credit. They don’t allow co-signers so it was suggested they ring me up as if I bought a $500 gift card, give it to him towards the purchase along with his jewelry trade in credit. Ok no big deal. He paid me back.

Long story but this was a second transaction since the original purchase (that he was told by the manager at Kay’s would be $95 mo - was $197 mo) had gone on sale so, the entire transaction was void and started over to reflect the sale. Warning flags should have caught my attention! The “manager“/original and only salesperson, gave us the original paperwork not the sale paperwork back in the plastic sleeve that holds the ring information. No register receipt ever. It wasn’t until the first bill came that we checked it because something seemed wrong. First mistake we trusted them. The amount due should have been significantly less but it had barely changed. First attempt my son made to get the new receipt, she wasn’t in, the other girls were confused and couldn’t figure out how she rang it up. Second time, I returned - his work schedule, she laughed and said, "Sorry for the inconvenience." Ok, It happens.

When I got home and reviewed the barely visible receipt, she had reduced the trade in value of the jewelry by a lot!!! No fuss was made because by this time my son felt no engagement was going to happen anyway, and it didn’t. Ultimately, a few weeks later the purchase and all the paperwork was returned to Kay’s, the trade in jewelry was returned to my son. We asked what we needed to do to receive credit for payments already made. Now she gets fuzzy. They have an outside lender so she doesn’t know but we are all good there. Paperwork is returned and product returned. All done at Kay’s...nope. We received a refund check in the mail for the money paid on the purchase. I called to inquire as to why I still received a bill a month later and was told it was due to the timing of their billing cycle and to disregard.

The following month another came along with an alert from my credit reporting company! It was reported that 2 purchases were made and only 1 product was returned. After a lot of conversation with the lender, we realized the manager processed the GIFT CARD as a second purchase and that had not been returned. Try explaining that to the lender. I never received a gift card, it supposedly went to the purchase of the ring, and that was returned. That’s in addition to the fact that she discretely reduced the trade in value of the jewelry, for which we would have made a fuss over if the engagement would have happened. Shady, shady, shady. Since the lender and Kay’s are separate - good luck getting that mess cleaned up!

Ask for the corporate number and spend a lot of time on a carousel of..."Hold on while I forward you to the next voicemail," that isn’t the corporate office. Oh, and if you have a credit card with this company, other than Kay’s, you have to explain, every time you get transferred, that’s not what you are calling about. Not the lender's fault at all, they go by what Kay Jewelers sends them and that is where they are deceptive. That mark can stay on my credit report. Buyer beware of anything shady... Kay’s the game.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My husband and I trusted in Kay enough to drop my ring off on November 3rd to have sent off and soldered. My expected date back with my ring was suppose to be November 17th. My husband then informed me today on November 12th that my diamond fell out while being soldered and it would be another 3 weeks. I then contacted the Fairview Heights, IL store and spoke with A salesperson who then informed me of this incident. I asked her if there was any way to speed this up and she proceeds to tell me it will take anywhere from 6-8 weeks after she just told my husband only 3 weeks! I then got an email saying the estimated pick up date would be January 14th which is not no 6-8 weeks. I am absolutely angry with this!

The whole reason I had my ring sent off was to have it back in time for my birthday and also for my honeymoon which is in a few weeks. Now I have to drop my warranty and go elsewhere to have my ring fixed so I can enjoy it. This ring is not even 2 years old yet and should not be having diamonds falling out. I have had this ring inspected many times with no report on any loose brackets. I thought I would give their service a chance but not only did this happen to me but my mother and my sister both had the same issues. Kay will no longer have my service. I feel that it was broken in their hands it should be fixed immediately. It should not take 10 weeks to fix. That would be over two months without my ring.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My husband and I have been trying for over a year to unsubscribe from Kay Jewelers' emails by clicking 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of each email. I finally called and they told me it would all be taken care of. Nope! Still got 9 more emails and now they are not just coming from our local store, but from another store an hour away which we've never been to and from their corporate office. Just called again and was told that even though I click unsubscribe, each store had to unsubscribe me. WHAT?! Thank goodness we haven't had an account with them in years!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I’ve been a customer with Kay for 5 years. Had a $1000.00 limit on my card. I made purchases at the fraction of my limit and have always been faithful to my payments and haven’t missed one. Today I went into the store after putting my balance down to 0, to go buy a necklace, when I went into the store I asked the employee to review my card to make sure I can complete a purchase in the amount I wanted to buy, he reviewed my card and told me I was good for a 1,500 credit limit.

So I chose a necklace for $900 and to pay 20% upfront which I was ok with. When I got excited to complete my purchase and went to the register all of a sudden the employee told me I could not complete the purchase because I no longer had the credit he just told me that I had, because they had a new bank they were banking with and closed all accounts. When reapplying they denied me credit even the one I already had, and told me that the only way I could purchase the items was to have them directly take money out of my work check in order to complete the purchase along with an exaggerated interest. I then told them no thank you and to close my account because I will no longer be doing business with Kay Jewelers.

Such an embarrassing and horrible experience that I had to come and write a review so that no one goes through that. At the end the employee who was dealt nice and I feel bad writing this review because he was really helpful but the back end of the business is what drove me away and to never come back. He asked me if I wanted to buy the bracelet that I really liked which was the same as the 20% down payment and I told him, since Kay Jewelers did me like that on their business move, I too made a business move and chose to give them $0.00. and take my business elsewhere which I’m sure I can find more beautiful jewelers somewhere else that I didn’t have to buy anything from them and don’t owe them anything anymore. 5 years with this company as a faithful customer and that’s the type of customer and business relationship they have. Again a horrible and embarrassing experience, KAY JEWELERS WILL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I was looking for a replacement wedding band as my old one no longer fit. We went to Kay Jewelers because my old wedding band was purchased there many years ago. I had my finger measured, size 13 1/2, picked out a ring in the section that would come in my size. I was then told that It would have to be ordered as they didn't have that size in the store. I gave them $200.00 dollars down to order it and was told that it would take about 3 weeks for it to come in. We waited the three weeks and did not hear from the jewelers so we called to find out if the ring had come in. The sales lady put me on hold for a very long time and I had to call back because I was cut off. When she answered she informed me that the ring I had ordered only went up to size 13. Question; why did it take almost a month to find this out and why couldn't the salesperson take the time to check before taking my money.

Kay Jewelers is not what it used to be and I would recommend finding another jewelers. Update; Yesterday, 22 October 2018, I went back to the store to get my money back and was told that I would have to come back later as they didn't have any money in the store. What!!! How do you run a business without money? I was told I would have to wait 10 business days and would be paid by check mailed to me. In conclusion they took my $200.00 and would have held on to it for almost two months.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We have bought from Kay for years. May of 2016 my husband purchase my wedding ring set. By August 2016 one of the main diamonds had fell out. He proposed in July, so I only wear the ring for a month. We took it back to the store and exchanged it for a Leo certified wedding set. Thinking it would be better. Wrong! I have now had the ring 2 years and have lost 3 diamonds!!! The quality of products is horrible. I called wanting my money back. And of course they say “we can fix it or exchange it”. Great. My options are a third ring or fix it for the third time. I will never buy from Kay again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

So where do I begin? I have been a Kay's customer for years and I built up my credit with them, my credit limit double since I first started with them. Over the years I have spent 10's of thousands of dollars with this company. Recently Kay's switch finance companies and they closed my account. Their reason was that they couldn't confirm my address, well I called their finance company and the lady confirm my address over the phone. They have my information and all she said, "Well sir you have to reapply." Why would I have to reapply? they have my information and since they closed my account my credit score dropped almost 20 points, and if I reapply it will ding my credit score again. And of course the manager at the Kay's store I go to said, "Sorry I can't help you." Is this a way to treat a loyal customer.? I will never go back to Kay's ever again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Bought a little ruby pendant for my 17 year old daughter for Christmas. She only wears for special occasions. The chain broke after 3 months and she’d worn the piece maybe 5 times. I took it in with the warranty they supplied me in a big plastic sleeve with the date of purchase and receipt attached. They did nothing. Basically scoffed at me and said they could only help if the ruby had been damaged. Sadly, the chain was attached TO the setting and the ruby can’t be worn on another chain. It’s one piece. Still, they would not honor me or the fact that their jewelry is POOR quality. Stay away.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I always buy jewelry there but on August 25, 2018 was the worse day of my life. I went to get my jewelry inspected and cleaned. After she finished I put on all my jewelry back. I left. Didn't even take me 5 min when my husband realized he didn't get his ring back. We went right back. Lady says, "Let me look for it." So she knows she didn't give it back. I know the HV cameras. They can see I didn't get it back. So much $$ on ring and the warranty and they DIDN'T want to give my ring. They lost it. I know they can see on the cameras. Never again will I go again. Very sad.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Kay Jewelers is a first choice for a special gift. Prices vary and not all customers are treated equally by staff. Some reps give great discounts to regular customers but refuse to do the same for a new shopper.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I made a purchase on August 20 for more than $400 and received a coupon for $100 for the next purchase above $300 which is valid for 10 days till Aug 30th, which was written by the salesperson on the back side of the coupon. I came to the store on August 29th and for some reason the coupon code has expired. This is a cheap trick to get the customers back. I am very upset about such behavior of Kay Jewelers. Shame on Kay.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This company is terrible! Bought my wife an expensive diamond tennis bracelet, with extended warranty. The clasp broke and they can't figure out how to fix it. 3 times in, waiting on 4th fix. Don't waste your time or money with Kay Jewelers.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I took my jewelry in to be inspected on 08/09/2018. I went to the Kay in the Green Hills Mall located in Nashville TN. They inspected 9 pieces of jewelry. The man that inspected my jewelry refused to stamp my cards. We only send an email. I wanted my cards stamped. Again he stated that they do not stamp the individual cards anymore they send emails. So ok I go home to wait on my email. Got it. There were items missing and none of the warranty numbers in my inspection email matches any of my paperwork. I doubt it was even inspected at all.

First I called the store and they stated that 9 pieces were inspected. So I called corporate and they said only 7 pieces was inspected. Now they told me I have to bring it all back in to Kay to be inspected again. Oh by the way they do still stamp the papers if we ask them to. Well Mr Lazy Man did not care what the customer wanted nor did he bat an eyelash when he blatantly lied to my face stating they didn't do that anymore and they do according to his manager. Well thanks Mr Lazy Man you just cost Kay a customer. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER PIECE OF JEWELRY FROM KAY. Jared's here I come. Jared does it the right way all the time.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

In April 2018 I had taken my rings in at the Oak Park Mall Store to be cleaned and inspected, not professionally done, the little chic said they were fine. On June 16th I had lost a quad diamond out of my wedding ring in which they stated was fine, along with losing a black diamond out of one of my other rings which they said was fine. Took my rings into Kay Jewelers in Zona Rosa Kansas City, Mo to have diamonds replaced. Since the little associate at Oak Park Mall Kay Jewelers didn't do her job none of my information was updated so they wanted to charge me a price to get fixed. 20.00 for one black diamond and 189.00 to replace the diamond in my wedding band.

The manager Jessica at Zona Rosa was rude, disrespectful and could have cared less, little 20 something, that doesn't know her job. Was told I would have my rings back on June 28th 2018, got a call on July 11th that my wedding ring had to go to corporate cause they can't do the quad diamond cut, then get a call on July 19th that my wedding ring is going to the manufacturer. And I wouldn't have my wedding ring back for 60 days. I received my other ring back on July 5th, along with taking all my rings in and having them inspected again. Now being a manager I think you should know the protocol on where rings are going to be fixed in the beginning not weeks later. I take it up with Corporate Care whom really doesn't care, and refunds me the monies for my wedding ring. After I find out it's in Bermuda, Bahamas REALLY.

So I stopped in the store on 08/07/2018 to get printout of my last inspections, they don't have it. Call Corporate Care today and they can't find it and telling me I didn't have them inspected. And since then I have purchased a nicer more beautiful wedding ring from a competitor, along with letting them inspect all my rings the correct way with microscope and a prong tester, lo and behold the ring they fixed that I did get back the black diamond was getting ready to fall out again, along with my other 3 black & white diamonds and one chocolate diamond from JARED, WHICH HAD TURNED PEE YELLOW, ALL HAD DIAMONDS LOOSE AND GETTING READY TO FALL OUT, SHE SHOWED ME EACH ONE.

So with Kay's I think only a few stores really inspect the rings correctly because the associates at Zona Rosa Kansas City Mo Kay Jewelers, and Oak Park Mall don't really care, and let's not forget that they don't update the electronic tablet that they carry around. The assistant manager that was at Kay's in Zona Rosa told me when they switch to tablet that not all people's information came across, go figure electronic world to keep things straight and if they knew this why didn't corporate go back and update all the information of the ones that didn't go through. She updated my information but Corporate can't find it. But another store can, cause they do things the right way.

So for Kay Jewelers, a kiss is a kiss of love. I want to thank you for your messing up, thank you for sending my monies back UPS with the wrong address cause Corporate can't spell worth a ant, Meyer not Meyeer so I had to wait 3 more days to get my monies back for my wedding ring, and I was suppose to sign for it not a co worker. So now that all my rings are with a more reputable competitor I've lost my warranty which you don't stand by anyway... But at least I will have perfect rings when returned to me.

And for the monies I'm going to pay a competitor I will get it back from you, plus all the extra warranty my husband put on them, which you say can only be put on the Kay card, so how can you put monies on a card that has been closed out, and shredded? How does this work, wouldn't it just be easier to end this all now before I head way up the CORPORATE LADDER, and slam you the rest of the way to get what I expect in return. Monies that will no longer be used at your services, because you don't stand behind your work, and for the most it's lousy.

So thank you for everything that you're not, so you really can't say that a Kiss is Kay's way of expressing love. You're a rip off scam artist that your CEO whom lives in the Bahamas. Must be nice to know that all rings that can't be fixed in this country get sent out to another country and they will never divulge that information because they don't want the public to know they are outsourcing your jewelry to another country.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

FRAUD! I was trying to purchase an engagement ring on Kay.com and pick up in store since they had a nice 20 percent off. I got up to the checkout and a pop up prompted me to call my bank to verify my card. I did call my bank to allow purchases from kay.com be approved. Went back to check out and the website crashed upon hitting "place order". I reloaded the checkout page and the item was still in the cart. Check my bank account to find that my card was charged. So I called Kay, they said they have no record of my order and my bank will just decline it. So I tried to place the order again and same thing happened, website crashed and item still in cart and my card was charged again. If this isn't fraud then I don't know what is. Called my bank immediately to report this as fraud. Now I'm waiting for my bank to issue me a new card.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I took my boyfriend's 22' 10k yellow solid gold rope chain into the Brighton Kay Jewelers to repair the lobster clasp that had broken. 2 weeks later we returned to pick it up, they charged us $65 and my boyfriend put his chain on and realized it was longer than before. The sales associate laughed and said they wouldn't just "add more gold" onto a chain. We got home, measured it to be 25.5'! We took it to 2 different jewelers in Brighton who confirmed it was 10k gold but it was HOLLOW! They actually swapped out his solid gold chain with a hollow one that was 3' longer thinking we wouldn't notice or look into it. After doing my own investigation I will be returning to the store tomorrow to depute my case, hoping to leave with a solid gold chain.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I needed to exchange my husband's ring because it's too big. In order to exchange it, they had to recharge my card to order it and then they would refund me the amount back after it came in. His ring was about $600 and I did not have that kind of money. Horrible customer service. Would not recommend this company. Kay Jewelers - you gotta step up your game or you're going to go out of business. Very frustrating.

Original review: July 18, 2018

So my diamond fell out of my ring in early April, I had the lifetime warranty on it from bringing it in to get cleaned every 6 months, so I went into Kay to see what they could do. The last time my ring was cleaned they didn't document it so they almost didn't do anything with my ring because my warranty wouldn't have held up. I demanded they did because I was prompt about getting my ring cleaned and clearly was not my fault the person didn't document it. So the guy said since I have such little fingers if I just got the same one and resized it chances are that the same thing would happen again, and it would be better to order a brand new custom sized one. So he did that, told me it would be done early July and he was going to try to rush it. I never heard anything, and it is now mid-July.

I went into Kay today to have it checked out and they never even processed the order!!! So they told me it would be at least another 4 months until the ring is done. I was livid, So when I got home I called customer service and said that I either wanted a different ring or to be refunded for the ring and I would take my business elsewhere, she told me that they couldnt refund me for a ring I've had for over a year and I said, "Well this is not my problem and you're going to sit here and not do anything about it? Thanks for the help." AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME. At this point I don't even want the ring or have to do with that terrible company any longer. Any suggestions on what I should do at this point?

Original review: July 11, 2018

CONSUMERS BE CAREFUL! We purchased our wedding rings at Kay Jewelers. When we made the purchase, we also purchased the lifetime warranty which had the requirement of having our rings inspected every six months. We fulfilled this requirement for 15 years. Upon the last inspection, the technician knew that a prong was broken on the ring but said the stone was solid. Sadly, the 1/2 carat heart shaped diamond fell out of the setting and was lost seven months after this inspection. I called this store and continued up the chain, requesting that the care plan be honored.

I was only told that I could purchase a new solitaire for $2,000 because I was one month past the inspection. So, after having the ring inspected for 15 years and the technician knowing a prong was broken, Kay Jewelers said they would not honor the purchased care plan. NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE and I will continue to advise others to choose a jewelry store that will honor a warranty. It is obviously all about the money and not about the customer at Kay Jewelers.

Original review: July 6, 2018

They somehow exchanged a different wedding band with a cheaper one and soldered it to the ring hoping we wouldn’t know. Then fighting with them to get it fixed has been a battle and their compensation for the hassle was so minimal it was a giant slap in the face.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Hubby and I decided to purchase new bands for our upcoming 25th. We looked at Kay Jewelers and found something suitable. I marched over to the case with the female bands, my husband the male bands. The one I chose needed resizing to a 6.5, and we were told "NO PROBLEM." All rings were paid for upfront and we simply had to wait for my resized ring. THAT'S WHEN IT ALL WENT TO A MURKY WEB OF DECEPTION. We waited two months for news of my ring, luckily we weren't in a hurry. When contacted by the store we were told the ring arrived and it was a size 8. HUH? Then the web of lies started:

1. The manufacturer only makes size 8 and up- I tried on a size 7!
2. I was told that I had actually chosen a "Male" band - I was specifically told to go to the female bands, which is where this band was showcased!
3. I had tried on a size 9.75! - NOPE, wrong there too. I wear a size 6.5 and the 7 I tried on was slightly loose.

4. They actually found a size 7 at some other store after we were told the manufacturer only makes size 8 and up.

We asked for a total refund, which occurred and then asked what made us feel uncomfortable about the transaction... DUH, HOW ABOUT THE WEB OF LIES AND DECEPTION! I have never in my lifetime witnessed such deceit in order to get a sale. It was incredible to watch, my husband said "almost comical" and to believe that people actually do that every day. Stay away if you can!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I got an opal ring in December of 2017. Come June only 6 months later there is a crack in the stone... I took it back to the Kays at the Fort Steubenville Mall where I got it and the manager refused to owner my warranty... I had to call customer service to get anything done. DO NOT shop the Kay Jewelers at the Fort Steubenville Mall. The manager will do everything in her power to NOT HELP YOU... But will jump to make a sale and take your money... She has no business being a manager. No jewelry should brake in just 6 months... I have 8 pieces of jewelry from there including wedding bands that cost us thousands, but they will see no more business from me.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I buy a bracelet from Kay Jewelers. The bracelet was no good. It stretch so much that turn into bangle. Kay Jewelers is not good at all. Pandora jewelry is much better. Take it from me. If I buy jewelry from Kay worst mistakes you ever make. Go to Pandora or Tiffany. They stand about their jewelry.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Bought a diamond wedding band last year for husband, diamond fell out before 30 days. Got a replacement. He bought me a small diamond ring in Nov. 2017, diamond fell out before May. After a lot of hassle, got a replacement, different style this month, May 9th of 2018. Supposedly rose gold. The entire back of the band has tarnished and turned black. Three for three. Can't take it back because it's an exchange. DO NOT SHOP AT KAY. The jewelry is crap, substandard and cheap. Please heed this warning. The Kay at Brazos Mall in Lake Jackson also has rude employees and zero customer service unless they are selling you something. Worst jewelry I ever bought!

Kay Jewelers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.

• Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.

• Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.

• Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.

• Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.

• Best for: Couples getting engaged and customers looking to buy a luxury gift.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs