1.22/5

520 Kay Jewelers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Bought a little ruby pendant for my 17 year old daughter for Christmas. She only wears for special occasions. The chain broke after 3 months and she’d worn the piece maybe 5 times. I took it in with the warranty they supplied me in a big plastic sleeve with the date of purchase and receipt attached. They did nothing. Basically scoffed at me and said they could only help if the ruby had been damaged. Sadly, the chain was attached TO the setting and the ruby can’t be worn on another chain. It’s one piece. Still, they would not honor me or the fact that their jewelry is POOR quality. Stay away.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I always buy jewelry there but on August 25, 2018 was the worse day of my life. I went to get my jewelry inspected and cleaned. After she finished I put on all my jewelry back. I left. Didn't even take me 5 min when my husband realized he didn't get his ring back. We went right back. Lady says, "Let me look for it." So she knows she didn't give it back. I know the HV cameras. They can see I didn't get it back. So much $$ on ring and the warranty and they DIDN'T want to give my ring. They lost it. I know they can see on the cameras. Never again will I go again. Very sad.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Kay Jewelers is a first choice for a special gift. Prices vary and not all customers are treated equally by staff. Some reps give great discounts to regular customers but refuse to do the same for a new shopper.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I made a purchase on August 20 for more than $400 and received a coupon for $100 for the next purchase above $300 which is valid for 10 days till Aug 30th, which was written by the salesperson on the back side of the coupon. I came to the store on August 29th and for some reason the coupon code has expired. This is a cheap trick to get the customers back. I am very upset about such behavior of Kay Jewelers. Shame on Kay.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This company is terrible! Bought my wife an expensive diamond tennis bracelet, with extended warranty. The clasp broke and they can't figure out how to fix it. 3 times in, waiting on 4th fix. Don't waste your time or money with Kay Jewelers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I took my jewelry in to be inspected on 08/09/2018. I went to the Kay in the Green Hills Mall located in Nashville TN. They inspected 9 pieces of jewelry. The man that inspected my jewelry refused to stamp my cards. We only send an email. I wanted my cards stamped. Again he stated that they do not stamp the individual cards anymore they send emails. So ok I go home to wait on my email. Got it. There were items missing and none of the warranty numbers in my inspection email matches any of my paperwork. I doubt it was even inspected at all.

First I called the store and they stated that 9 pieces were inspected. So I called corporate and they said only 7 pieces was inspected. Now they told me I have to bring it all back in to Kay to be inspected again. Oh by the way they do still stamp the papers if we ask them to. Well Mr Lazy Man did not care what the customer wanted nor did he bat an eyelash when he blatantly lied to my face stating they didn't do that anymore and they do according to his manager. Well thanks Mr Lazy Man you just cost Kay a customer. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER PIECE OF JEWELRY FROM KAY. Jared's here I come. Jared does it the right way all the time.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

In April 2018 I had taken my rings in at the Oak Park Mall Store to be cleaned and inspected, not professionally done, the little chic said they were fine. On June 16th I had lost a quad diamond out of my wedding ring in which they stated was fine, along with losing a black diamond out of one of my other rings which they said was fine. Took my rings into Kay Jewelers in Zona Rosa Kansas City, Mo to have diamonds replaced. Since the little associate at Oak Park Mall Kay Jewelers didn't do her job none of my information was updated so they wanted to charge me a price to get fixed. 20.00 for one black diamond and 189.00 to replace the diamond in my wedding band.

The manager Jessica at Zona Rosa was rude, disrespectful and could have cared less, little 20 something, that doesn't know her job. Was told I would have my rings back on June 28th 2018, got a call on July 11th that my wedding ring had to go to corporate cause they can't do the quad diamond cut, then get a call on July 19th that my wedding ring is going to the manufacturer. And I wouldn't have my wedding ring back for 60 days. I received my other ring back on July 5th, along with taking all my rings in and having them inspected again. Now being a manager I think you should know the protocol on where rings are going to be fixed in the beginning not weeks later. I take it up with Corporate Care whom really doesn't care, and refunds me the monies for my wedding ring. After I find out it's in Bermuda, Bahamas REALLY.

So I stopped in the store on 08/07/2018 to get printout of my last inspections, they don't have it. Call Corporate Care today and they can't find it and telling me I didn't have them inspected. And since then I have purchased a nicer more beautiful wedding ring from a competitor, along with letting them inspect all my rings the correct way with microscope and a prong tester, lo and behold the ring they fixed that I did get back the black diamond was getting ready to fall out again, along with my other 3 black & white diamonds and one chocolate diamond from JARED, WHICH HAD TURNED PEE YELLOW, ALL HAD DIAMONDS LOOSE AND GETTING READY TO FALL OUT, SHE SHOWED ME EACH ONE.

So with Kay's I think only a few stores really inspect the rings correctly because the associates at Zona Rosa Kansas City Mo Kay Jewelers, and Oak Park Mall don't really care, and let's not forget that they don't update the electronic tablet that they carry around. The assistant manager that was at Kay's in Zona Rosa told me when they switch to tablet that not all people's information came across, go figure electronic world to keep things straight and if they knew this why didn't corporate go back and update all the information of the ones that didn't go through. She updated my information but Corporate can't find it. But another store can, cause they do things the right way.

So for Kay Jewelers, a kiss is a kiss of love. I want to thank you for your messing up, thank you for sending my monies back UPS with the wrong address cause Corporate can't spell worth a ant, Meyer not Meyeer so I had to wait 3 more days to get my monies back for my wedding ring, and I was suppose to sign for it not a co worker. So now that all my rings are with a more reputable competitor I've lost my warranty which you don't stand by anyway... But at least I will have perfect rings when returned to me.

And for the monies I'm going to pay a competitor I will get it back from you, plus all the extra warranty my husband put on them, which you say can only be put on the Kay card, so how can you put monies on a card that has been closed out, and shredded? How does this work, wouldn't it just be easier to end this all now before I head way up the CORPORATE LADDER, and slam you the rest of the way to get what I expect in return. Monies that will no longer be used at your services, because you don't stand behind your work, and for the most it's lousy.

So thank you for everything that you're not, so you really can't say that a Kiss is Kay's way of expressing love. You're a rip off scam artist that your CEO whom lives in the Bahamas. Must be nice to know that all rings that can't be fixed in this country get sent out to another country and they will never divulge that information because they don't want the public to know they are outsourcing your jewelry to another country.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

FRAUD! I was trying to purchase an engagement ring on Kay.com and pick up in store since they had a nice 20 percent off. I got up to the checkout and a pop up prompted me to call my bank to verify my card. I did call my bank to allow purchases from kay.com be approved. Went back to check out and the website crashed upon hitting "place order". I reloaded the checkout page and the item was still in the cart. Check my bank account to find that my card was charged. So I called Kay, they said they have no record of my order and my bank will just decline it. So I tried to place the order again and same thing happened, website crashed and item still in cart and my card was charged again. If this isn't fraud then I don't know what is. Called my bank immediately to report this as fraud. Now I'm waiting for my bank to issue me a new card.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I took my boyfriend's 22' 10k yellow solid gold rope chain into the Brighton Kay Jewelers to repair the lobster clasp that had broken. 2 weeks later we returned to pick it up, they charged us $65 and my boyfriend put his chain on and realized it was longer than before. The sales associate laughed and said they wouldn't just "add more gold" onto a chain. We got home, measured it to be 25.5'! We took it to 2 different jewelers in Brighton who confirmed it was 10k gold but it was HOLLOW! They actually swapped out his solid gold chain with a hollow one that was 3' longer thinking we wouldn't notice or look into it. After doing my own investigation I will be returning to the store tomorrow to depute my case, hoping to leave with a solid gold chain.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I needed to exchange my husband's ring because it's too big. In order to exchange it, they had to recharge my card to order it and then they would refund me the amount back after it came in. His ring was about $600 and I did not have that kind of money. Horrible customer service. Would not recommend this company. Kay Jewelers - you gotta step up your game or you're going to go out of business. Very frustrating.

Original review: July 18, 2018

So my diamond fell out of my ring in early April, I had the lifetime warranty on it from bringing it in to get cleaned every 6 months, so I went into Kay to see what they could do. The last time my ring was cleaned they didn't document it so they almost didn't do anything with my ring because my warranty wouldn't have held up. I demanded they did because I was prompt about getting my ring cleaned and clearly was not my fault the person didn't document it. So the guy said since I have such little fingers if I just got the same one and resized it chances are that the same thing would happen again, and it would be better to order a brand new custom sized one. So he did that, told me it would be done early July and he was going to try to rush it. I never heard anything, and it is now mid-July.

I went into Kay today to have it checked out and they never even processed the order!!! So they told me it would be at least another 4 months until the ring is done. I was livid, So when I got home I called customer service and said that I either wanted a different ring or to be refunded for the ring and I would take my business elsewhere, she told me that they couldnt refund me for a ring I've had for over a year and I said, "Well this is not my problem and you're going to sit here and not do anything about it? Thanks for the help." AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME. At this point I don't even want the ring or have to do with that terrible company any longer. Any suggestions on what I should do at this point?

Original review: July 11, 2018

CONSUMERS BE CAREFUL! We purchased our wedding rings at Kay Jewelers. When we made the purchase, we also purchased the lifetime warranty which had the requirement of having our rings inspected every six months. We fulfilled this requirement for 15 years. Upon the last inspection, the technician knew that a prong was broken on the ring but said the stone was solid. Sadly, the 1/2 carat heart shaped diamond fell out of the setting and was lost seven months after this inspection. I called this store and continued up the chain, requesting that the care plan be honored.

I was only told that I could purchase a new solitaire for $2,000 because I was one month past the inspection. So, after having the ring inspected for 15 years and the technician knowing a prong was broken, Kay Jewelers said they would not honor the purchased care plan. NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE and I will continue to advise others to choose a jewelry store that will honor a warranty. It is obviously all about the money and not about the customer at Kay Jewelers.

Original review: July 6, 2018

They somehow exchanged a different wedding band with a cheaper one and soldered it to the ring hoping we wouldn’t know. Then fighting with them to get it fixed has been a battle and their compensation for the hassle was so minimal it was a giant slap in the face.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Hubby and I decided to purchase new bands for our upcoming 25th. We looked at Kay Jewelers and found something suitable. I marched over to the case with the female bands, my husband the male bands. The one I chose needed resizing to a 6.5, and we were told "NO PROBLEM." All rings were paid for upfront and we simply had to wait for my resized ring. THAT'S WHEN IT ALL WENT TO A MURKY WEB OF DECEPTION. We waited two months for news of my ring, luckily we weren't in a hurry. When contacted by the store we were told the ring arrived and it was a size 8. HUH? Then the web of lies started:

1. The manufacturer only makes size 8 and up- I tried on a size 7!
2. I was told that I had actually chosen a "Male" band - I was specifically told to go to the female bands, which is where this band was showcased!
3. I had tried on a size 9.75! - NOPE, wrong there too. I wear a size 6.5 and the 7 I tried on was slightly loose.

4. They actually found a size 7 at some other store after we were told the manufacturer only makes size 8 and up.

We asked for a total refund, which occurred and then asked what made us feel uncomfortable about the transaction... DUH, HOW ABOUT THE WEB OF LIES AND DECEPTION! I have never in my lifetime witnessed such deceit in order to get a sale. It was incredible to watch, my husband said "almost comical" and to believe that people actually do that every day. Stay away if you can!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I got an opal ring in December of 2017. Come June only 6 months later there is a crack in the stone... I took it back to the Kays at the Fort Steubenville Mall where I got it and the manager refused to owner my warranty... I had to call customer service to get anything done. DO NOT shop the Kay Jewelers at the Fort Steubenville Mall. The manager will do everything in her power to NOT HELP YOU... But will jump to make a sale and take your money... She has no business being a manager. No jewelry should brake in just 6 months... I have 8 pieces of jewelry from there including wedding bands that cost us thousands, but they will see no more business from me.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I buy a bracelet from Kay Jewelers. The bracelet was no good. It stretch so much that turn into bangle. Kay Jewelers is not good at all. Pandora jewelry is much better. Take it from me. If I buy jewelry from Kay worst mistakes you ever make. Go to Pandora or Tiffany. They stand about their jewelry.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Bought a diamond wedding band last year for husband, diamond fell out before 30 days. Got a replacement. He bought me a small diamond ring in Nov. 2017, diamond fell out before May. After a lot of hassle, got a replacement, different style this month, May 9th of 2018. Supposedly rose gold. The entire back of the band has tarnished and turned black. Three for three. Can't take it back because it's an exchange. DO NOT SHOP AT KAY. The jewelry is crap, substandard and cheap. Please heed this warning. The Kay at Brazos Mall in Lake Jackson also has rude employees and zero customer service unless they are selling you something. Worst jewelry I ever bought!

Original review: May 26, 2018

The reason for my review is I would like to let others know that I am very unhappy with a black diamond ring I am paying for through Kay Jewelers! Very displeased... I bought this on credit in Jan. This year, I have been back to Kay 5 times trying to replace this ring with the same, still finding each time that the black diamond does not test as diamond on the diamond tester in the store and also doesn't test on my tester. This was bought for my daughter because she wanted a real black diamond. So I order online from Kay that states real Black Diamond. I was told by a Assoc. at the store that black diamonds do not test on a diamond tester >>> NOT TRUE.

I have a black diamond and had it for years and it does test on a diamond tester. 4 mo. of paying on a ring from Kay and knowing it isn't real diamond makes me so upset. Running 5 times to the Mall and trying to replace it with the same kind of ring still not testing makes me real upset. I feel Kay owes me for my time and troubles with this ring. Sure I can return it!! Why should I? I bought this ring from Kay and it stated real diamond, and it isn't. They should just give it to me and not make me pay any more payments and that would make it better (doesn't make it right) for all the trouble I been having in these past months. My daughter has her black stone but not black diamond like it's suppose to be. UNHAPPY.

Original review: May 14, 2018

When advertising Mother's Day gift, this company do not make it easy for the recipient to receive. You as the purchaser must be present to pick up the gift - really in 2018! This company has so many elevations that requires immediate attention! Customer service is quick to tell you to cancel the order & place it over again! No empathy, relating statements or the ability to be an ambassador of their company to resolve customer complaints. I failed as a consumer by not reading the previous complaints. The fact this is repetitive issue, why not make this a priority for your company to resolve. To know better is to do better!

Original review: May 13, 2018

I went into Kay Jewelers today to buy a ring. I had it picked out from their webpage and had all of the information with me. I went to the counter and stood behind an associate. She was busy finishing up an order. I was willing to wait. However, I expected to be acknowledged and be told she would get with me in a moment. At one point she turned and looked at me. She did not acknowledge me, she did not smile, she did not say anything. I stood there a few more moments, and then left. I bought almost the same thing at a different store where I was greeted immediately and courteously. If you want waited on, don’t go to Kay Jewelers.

Original review: May 8, 2018

So my husband bought in Nov. of 2016 our rings. Mine was a bridal set. My ring supposed to came with a Engagement ring and two bands. However, we went into the store to buy a Anniversary ring and looked at the ring that he bought me and asked to see the one in the showcase and realized the ring on my finger was not that same as the one in the casing. Mine had two different bands. So we asked how did that happen and they said they didn’t know. Must of happen when my ring was sent to be sized. So we ask if they would correct what happen. They agreed to and order my bands that was purchased. So we informed Corporate because the bands that they order is not the same ones in the showcase with the ring. They said that they will correct everything and this time I asked to take my rings to get them Unsoldered and we will bring the bands to them after. That’s what we did.

Still the same bands from before that don’t go with my ring. Myself and my husband were willing to just take them and be done with Kay. But guess what? There another problem. They're not my size and have to be sent off to get sized. So we wait 2 weeks. No call or letter like before telling us that our rings are in. So we call them. Mow they can’t find the rings. Peter has them. Denise gave them to him and Rita doesn’t know where he put them so we have to wait until Thursday. Really now I think we just would like a full refund or we can just take the route that we didn’t want and just file a lawsuit. This ** is messed up and this ring was for a lifetime. You just don’t do this when it comes to someone's forever. A ring that I wanted to make it a heirloom for my kids to passed down to theirs and so on. Really now we have to start over and this is messed up. It is not the same and getting remarried is not a option.

Oh my God. I cannot believe this is happening to us. I hope that everyone reads this. Kay you are wrong and don’t deserve to be in business when it come to making people happy for the ride of their lives. I have went on to read some of your reviews and I wish that my husband would have before he bought from you all. You are wrong for every person that you have done wrong. Kay we will never buy and make sure that we tell as many as we can not to buy and I will be posting this and more of your reviews on Facebook and any Social media sites that I can so no one has to go through what I and others have been through.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Purchased an item and was informed by the salesperson that it will be 12 months interest free on my Kay's credit card. Nothing was mentioned of any type of downpayment. My first statement showed an interest charged. Interest free was the only reason I purchased an item anticipating paying it off in 12 months.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I travel for a living, purchased an item at the Colonial Heights, VA store in March 2018, item arrived on or around April 11th. During such time I relocated 30 minutes away from their area. During this time I was also assigned an unexpected project that took me away March 30th. I made three calls attempting to have the item shipped to my home address or to a store in my new area of residency. I was told they couldn’t ship to my home address, which I understood, but requested to have it shipped to the store in my area, they refused. I made three calls requesting they ship the item to the store in my area, and each time was told they had to check with Chase then it became an adamant no! I offered to pay to have shipped to their store, but they refused to do so.

I spoke with corporate, and told them I no longer wanted the item, and since it was within 60 days should have granted a refund, but the little girl who answered the phone told me I couldn’t return the item unless I drove 30 minutes to sign a piece a paper then she changed her verbiage suggesting I couldn’t return the item. I was within the 60-day window to return an item per company policy, and I had pre-paid. I requested her supervisor, but she put her co-worker Stormy on the line who refused to acknowledge she was a supervisor, and who also left me on hold for 22 minutes only to put Kelly on the line who was nothing shy of rude, disrespectful, and unprofessional and who also refused to let me speak with her manager. All of this while standing in one of their Kay Jewelers stores.

The employees there were quite embarrassed! But they needed to know how I was being treated for the people I spoke with are complacent and do not respect their customers or their brand. I say this with certainty for I could tell it wasn’t an isolated incident for their behaviors was like a constant workflow... acted with ease and if they’ve done this before. This store and the corporate office is not honoring policies and procedures as shared with customers. This means customers are forced to keep products they are not satisfied with, and/or do not want to keep.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I will let everyone know how horrible of company Kay Jewelers is. When we bought my engagement ring we were told we were being put on a plan that we didn't need a down payment, and wouldn't be charged any interest unless we missed a payment. Fast forward a few months, we have NOT been put on this plan because apparently this plan "isn't an option." Okay, well that's exactly what we were told. Have been arguing with the company for over a year, and will not give us our money back. This company is such a JOKE. I will be telling everyone NOT TO SHOP HERE. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS.

Original review: March 27, 2018

So me and my wife went to the store in The Mall at Robinson Pittsburgh, PA. Since their website is horrible I can't place an order no matter what I do. We went there and looked for something we like. Their store attendant didn't even say "hi" or "I'll just get back to you" since there's another customer. That guy is already facing us but didn't even say anything to approach us. Very bad experience from them. They wouldn't know how much we could purchase in there. So we just walk out and we will try to find another Kay Jewelers store. I hope the store attendant of Kay's are more friendly.

Original review: March 23, 2018

It was wonderful! Sometimes I can’t get out and she help me out! Always been there! I always dealt with Jennifer! She has class dealing with customers! I say a very great saleslady! I will be doing business again with Kay’s in Auburn, MA and Jennifer **! Very great service! Thank you for having people like Jennifer work at Kay’s part of the team.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My wife and I purchased our wedding rings from Kay Jewelers in Spartanburg, SC on Feb. 14th. Her ring needed to be resized and mine had to be custom made through an online order. No problem. The store manager gives me a loaner ring in the meantime, although it is useless as it is several sizes too big... The store manager then tells us both will be back in two weeks. Two weeks rolls around... No rings. A few days later my wife calls the store and her ring is in. Mine, however, they have no idea about. Mind you the estimated DELIVERY date was supposed to be 3/1.

3-3 my wife calls the store to see if my ring is in. The associate very quickly says yes. Great! We drive over to the store. Oops, no, the lazy associate thought we were talking about my wife's ring... Which she had already picked up? Waste of time. At this point we call the customer service line, they tell us they will call back. Wishful thinking. We did however receive an email stating that my ring was delayed but that it will be in on 3-6 and it has been upgraded to next day air. Wonderful.

3-6 you guessed it! Still no ring! My wife calls the customer service line again. It seems as though my ring is stuck in New Jersey due to bad weather. Okay... Fine. It is now 3-11. Upon further investigation and finally obtaining a tracking number it seems as though my ring was DELIVERED on 3-9. So why didn't we get a phone call? My wife calls the store... They don't have it. She explains that it's been delivered and signed for. "Oh let me look, we all open those boxes. Nope sorry I don't have it." So who the hell does have it then because it sure as f isn't me. We get married in less than two weeks... This is supposed to be exciting and it's been a real circus. Kay Jewelers is the absolute worst. We will be requesting a refund tomorrow.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I walked into Kay Jewelers with my fiancé in 2013 and we each got approved for a $2500 credit line. We purchased our engagement and wedding rings. I set up auto pay and never missed a payment. Started at $160 per month and gradually declined from there because I never used the card again. I eventually received a $1500 credit line increase without my asking for it. I decided I was going to get my mother something ridiculously beautiful for her birthday, turning 60 is a big thing! I was thinking black diamonds. I went to the website and noticed my credit limit was back down to 2500. I couldn’t figure out why. I called and they said that I made my payment on the due date after the cut off time. So... I wasn’t even a whole day late. Just a few hours and they reduced my credit line back to 2500. I was so disgusted, I just didn’t even bother doing more business with them after that.

Fast forward to last month when I had change bank accounts so I took off my auto pay, I made my payment manually and then I called up to have them help me redo my auto pay because I couldn’t remember how. I specifically asked the woman on the phone (it’s now Genesis Financial, not Kay Jewelers anymore) and she said “not to worry, because your minimum payment is zero, your auto pay will not kick in until next month.” Two days later I have an overdraft fee in my checking account because the payment came out twice. I called them and pleaded with them to reverse one of the charges and they told me they would send me a letter in the mail within 10 days. No concern for anything that I was explaining to them. 13 days later I got a letter in the mail saying “outcome, charge will not be reversed“. No apologies, no reasoning. Just basically ‘screw you, you’re not getting your money back’.

I called my checking account and told them that it was a mistake and they reversed one of them. The very next day I look at my Kay account and my credit limit is now zero. Mind you, I am not overdue. My balance is perfectly fine and my minimum payment has been paid up to date. But they took away my available credit because I had the second payment reversed. I call just now, and I spoke to an obvious overseas outsourced agent and she told me tomorrow would be the earliest they could take the block off my account. I asked her to ask a manager, since I’ve never missed a payment in all these years, and she came back and said no. Who wants to do business with a company that has no concern for their customers? They just don’t give a ** at all. Little did they know that I’m filing bankruptcy next week and I don’t have a choice but to put this account in there. At first I felt bad. Not anymore.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Purchased a ring from Kay Jewelers before Christmas 2017. Was charge for a guarantee that I didn't not agree to. Kay Jewelers sent it to sizes, came back the wrong size. These two problems were corrected. Had the ring about seven weeks and a stone fell out. Because I didn't keep the guarantee, I have to pay for the repair, $300. Would not honor warranty on exchange because I had take it to another jeweler to be sized the second time. I wouldn't go back to any Kay Jewelers.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I recently purchased some rings on Valentine's Day when they had a sale. I received the bridal set. But I have not received the wedding band as yet. I called, I went to the jewelry store and they were not trying to help me with my purchase at first. Then the manager called and said that corporate wants to call me. I don't know what for. I called customer service and they said it was at the store. The due date is March 1st and I still have not gotten my wedding band. I don't know what to expect. I want my damn wedding band!

Kay Jewelers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.

• Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.

• Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.

• Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.

• Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.

• Best for: Couples getting engaged and customers looking to buy a luxury gift.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs