3.58/5

568 Kay Jewelers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We got my engagement ring on 1-1-19. A double halo pear shaped rose gold Neil lane engagement ring. Center stone is 1/2 carat. Total weight is 1 1/4 carat. The sales representative was able to get me a discount to get me under the $4000.00 credit line I had with Kay, but I was unable to afford the ESP at that time. He did tell me I had 14 days from the date of purchase to come back and buy if I wanted. He also told me to keep an eye out for any upcoming sales as they would do their best to match the sales price if it was within 60 days of purchase. Lo and behold, on the 9th if January, Kay’s ran a 20% off all engagement and wedding jewelry. As instructed, I took my ring, receipt, and all original packaging back to the Eastland Mall Bloomington Il store and the manager and her staff were more than accommodating. I was able to get my ring at the 20% off price and purchase the ESP and still come in 191$ under my original purchase price. She cleaned and inspected the ring, gave me my refund to my card and I was out the door in les than 15 minutes. I see so many terrible reviews about Kay....I have had nothing but good experiences so far.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My husband bought me a 14k gold round stone engagement ring with total of 16 diamonds in October 2016. It has been 2.3 years that I have had this ring on my finger. I rarely take it off except when I go in to have it inspected. It still looks gorgeous and none of the stones are loose or have fallen out. I have never had a problem with Kay's yet and hope it stays that way!

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My experience fabulous. Good quality stones. Very happy with my purchase. Love my ring. No problems with stones. I would purchase more jewelry. They were so helpful and got a beautiful one carat diamond that I am very happy with.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Kay Jewelers is a first choice for a special gift. Prices vary and not all customers are treated equally by staff. Some reps give great discounts to regular customers but refuse to do the same for a new shopper.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I purchased a ring for in April got sent to get sized and when I got it back it was still too big so i went to another store and asked to get it sized smaller again and I was told that they were only going to size it according to how they wanted to even though i expressed that I wanted it to be tight on my finger. Well I get it back (now may 11th) and it's still too BIG. I feel like they did nothing to it and I had to pay for it. It's a $600 dollar ring and it slides right off my finger. I am so disappointed. If I'm paying for it then I should get it the way I want it. Since I have bought it I haven't had it on for more than a day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: May 2, 2019

My sister bought my daughter a ring from Kay Jewelers as a gift and paid $110.00 for it when purchased new. My daughter wore the ring occasionally but not daily. The ring was less than two years old. My daughter asked me to take it back and have it fixed because the entire front fell off the ring (pictures will be provided). I expected them to say no problem and fix the obviously defective ring. That’s not even close to what I got. When I took it into the store the employee said she didn’t know how to even describe the jewelry because she’d never seen anything like it before but she had to write a description on the service ticket so her own words that were used to describe the ring were “Top of ring fell off”. I had to pay $37.00 to have the ring soldered back together. That was more than a third of the ring's retail value and it was clearly defective. Should have been repaired free of charge. It was clear my daughter had not abused the ring. Beware!!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I purchased a Purchase A Le Vian luscious cushion-shaped Chocolate Quartz surrounded by swirls of 14K Strawberry Gold drizzled with Le Vian Chocolate Diamonds® and Vanilla Diamonds. It states that The ring has a total diamond weight of 1/10 carat. Le Vian®. Most natural gemstones pictured have been subject to an enhancement process or treatment (e.g. heating, oiling, diffusion, waxing, etc. ), which may not be permanent and may require special care. Generally, most treated gemstone jewelry should only be gently cleaned by rinsing in warm water and dried with a soft cloth.

So after a few months I noticed that a few of the stones behind the large smoky quartz had fell out so I took it in for repairs. Then I was getting something from my car and the ring got caught in my seat cover and easily stretched the shank. I was beyond disappointed and upset about the ease of the so called 14K strawberry gold (questionable) stretching as it did. I took it to Kays and they sent it out to repairs. I purchased another ring on that same day. I waited to hear from them about my repair, never did.

I went back to Kays over a month later and purchased another ring and asked about my repair. They said, "Oh yes it’s here." I looked at it quickly being I was so excited about my new 1 1/2 carat I had just purchased and didn’t realize until I after getting home and taking all of my rings off and put in their boxes then putting my favorite that was repaired on my finger.

At this point I realized that the ring was too big, the stones behind the smoky quartz were no longer chocolate but white, the shank was disfigured and looking through the device used to determine whether a diamond is real or not showed bubbles not shards. I was beyond furious and questioned whether this was my ring that I gave for repairs. This is a Le Vian (with a hefty price)! With that I expect more than all of the issues I’ve been having with this. So I call the company and file a complaint in which I’ve been waiting to get resolved for almost a month now. It’s being investigated. I was told that Le Vian was the one that did the repairs. Really? This is a repair done by them? Wow! That speaks loudly to me. Then again question that it’s true. I paid for full warranty. There should be no question and this ring be replaced.

I have purchased many Le Vian and high end rings from them but that’s come to a halt. I’m going to take all of my rings purchased through them and have them checked by a reputable jeweler. If this repair situation doesn’t meet my expectations I will file a complaint and let it be known to beware of Kay. You may be buying junk or a previously owned but advertised as new, who knows. If there are issues with any of the others that will be known as well! I’ve invested many many thousands with them and I feel at this point that I’ve been scammed on this repair. Thank you for your reviews. This helps me to know it’s not just me thinking this. There are many that are experiencing the same disappointment and anger that I am.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I was gifted several pieces of jewelry for my birthday which is Feb 9th, three to be exact. I have had 4 repairs in the last two months to my brand new jewelry. When I shopped recently I purposely passed Kay’s and drove an extra hour to Jared’s only to have the exact same thing happen to two pieces I purchased from them!!! Both pieces broke! After clearly becoming very frustrated I began the task of attempting to reach out about my horrible experiences only to find out they are sister companies. I started with both storefronts...that was needless to say a joke.

I ended up grasping at straws for some sort of satisfaction, just wanting to feel financially whole, so I ended up on a “customer care” phone call. I have never experienced such terrible customer service. The tone and condescending conversation I had left me even more frustrated. I have now not only spent a substantial amount of money with this company but also a tremendous amount of my time! I strongly advise that you DO NOT give one cent to either one of these stores!

Original review: March 27, 2019

The products are ok but not the best. I don’t like the warranty plans cause you have to keep coming into the store to have items inspected. We have lost stones in various rings. Store always had polite sales associates.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I went to Kay Jewelers to use my current wedding ring, of which I purchased from them, into a custom piece (new setting). When I came in to pick up the ring, one of the diamonds was yellow. They tried to blame it on the materials they had used from my other ring, but the picture they took proved NONE of my diamonds were yellow. I sent it back in to have it "swapped out" and waited 16 more days. I tried to call ahead to have them verify that it was repaired but they told me they were too busy to look. I drove 30 miles only to find out the diamond still didn't match. I was livid and they refused to do anything.

The AM told me that she would have an email with detailed pictures sent to the manager (who was on vacation) and that she would call me on the following Monday. No one called and when I called the manager had no idea what I was talking about. This store is a joke. How does a custom piece that is obviously flawed make it past 5-6 pairs of eyes??? Once you pay they do not care at all. I called corporate and that was also a joke. Do not give Kay Jewelers any money.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Originally bought my wedding ring at Kay Jewelers. Religiously brought the rings to be checked every 6 months per their warranty. A prong broke off (for the 5th time!) so they sent it in. It was returned to me and they said they could not fix the prong because "the whole setting would melt" and that my engagement ring was unfixable. So I asked if they could at least separate the engagement ring and wedding band so I at least had my wedding band.

They sent it in again, and when I got it back 2 weeks later, yes the rings were separated. But I could see the saw marks, they never even buffed it out. So my engagement ring was unfixable, and now my wedding band had sharp edges and gouges in it so it ripped up my finger. THEN they said "well you can upgrade your ring" and proceeded to try to sell me a $7000 new ring when all I wanted was a prong fixed! I finally brought my rings to a private family-run local jeweler and they were in ABSOLUTE SHOCK about the whole thing. They said it seemed like Kay Jewelers were trying to damage the rings. So for under $100, this private jeweler fixed everything Kay wrecked, fixed the gouges, fixed the prong, and soldered my rings back together. I will NEVER EVER go to Kay Jewelers again. You shouldn't either!

Original review: March 11, 2019

If I could, I would give this store a negative score. My husband and I placed a custom order for an engagement ring on September 1, 2018, and six (6) months later have yet to receive our ring. We also asked our representative to make sure of the price as we did not want to encounter the price increasing once we committed to the process. Twice we were called back and asked for a little more because of miscalculations. We were working with George and even though he is pleasant to talk to, I have to constantly track him down for updates. There was a moment of hope where we thought our ring was complete and unfortunately we were let down. I had to drive to two different locations only to encounter my mounting being too large for my diamond, and the stones we purchased did not match nor fit into the mounting either.

Everything was sent back and this time my current engagement ring and wedding band went along too. Currently, they have close to $4,000 for the custom, my current engagement ring and wedding band and my custom order. I have reached out to the 1-800 customer service number and have not heard back. I asked George to request his district manager Jay to call my husband and Jay has not called us back. This is absolutely ridiculous! This company is supposed to be professional and right now they seem like a bunch of crooks.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I am trying to return a necklace and receive a refund. I paid cash and I literally went to every Kay Jewelers store in my area and was told they don't have the cash to do a refund. What I don't understand is how a billion dollar company doesn't have $400 cash to refund for a product I am not satisfied with. They all say to call back to see if they made enough cash, or to wait till the weekend. My thing is I paid cash and I want my cash back immediately upon return. I will never deal with Kay Jewelers again. Merchandise way overpriced for the quality of the product.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I purchased a Christmas gift for my wife that she did not like. I tried to return. I paid cash. Kay Jewelers would not give me my cash back. They were rude and condescending at the Burlington, NJ store. I had to call everyday to seen if their store would make enough cash sales to give me my cash back. This took months.

Also, I tried removing my address from their system because I no longer want to receive any mail from them. They will not remove my address. I even called their corporate office and the woman hung up on me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My husband bought my engagement ring from Kay in Montgomery Alabama, where he was told if he opened a case account he could save 10% oh, so he did. He said he was then given a Rewards Card saying to bring this back anytime and you will save $300 on her wedding band, when he went to purchase the wedding band at the Prattville Alabama location oh, they did not have it so they sold him a plain band that would do until the actual band could be purchased at a different location.

When we went to purchase the real band that match my diamond at the location in the Hoover Alabama store we were told that the rewards were not good until May 2nd, at no point was he given the information that the rewards were not good until this point but we were willing to take 10% off of the band where he was talked into signing up for the Kay account anyway. The assistant manager here refused to give us the 10% off unless I opened an account with them and then put nothing on it. I told her I did not want to do this that he had already open an account and he would have gotten them both at the same time had he not thought the $300 rewards card was good for the band. She refused to do this so we left.

We went to another location five miles from this one in Brookwood Village Alabama and Alexis the manager was very helpful. I called her. She told me she could give me the 10% over the phone. We went there. We purchase the band and I am now very happy with my engagement ring and wedding band. Thank you Alexis for your great customer service! Four locations involved and the last one is the one that made us the most happy, it really shouldn't be this hard... But in the long run Alexis you are awesome and thank you for your service!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My fiance has a Kay's card. We love shopping for jewelry with Kay's always great product. However, the customer service seems to be slipping so much so that we have decided to no longer return to Kay for our jewelry needs. Reason being - every time we have gone in since my engagement ring was purchased we have been encouraged to spend our $500 Kay bucks. We were told it expired May 2019 by Pam... Then when my fiance went back to get a Valentine's gift he was informed that it expired just days before??? We are so frustrated with this. How can someone look at our account and see that we have credit of $500 and misread the date?? Talk about incompetence. With that being said we have decided to start shopping locally.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I returned a jewelry item that I was displeased with on the same day I purchased it and 2 months later, I’ve not received my credit. Furthermore, this error has impacted the details of my credit with all three credit reporting bureaus and that it’s showing I owe a higher amount on my available credit and interest is still accruing.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Like others I tried to make an online purchase. It failed said to try again. I tried again and it went through. Checking my bank account I saw that Kay had charged my account twice for the same order with the same order number. Called customer service they said they would do nothing about it and the charge would go away. Without thinking I let it sit and this might be my fault, but when the life insurance went through I got popped with a NSF charge thank you. No some days later Order Placed on February 2nd, I talked to customer service on the 2nd as well all was supposed to be fine. Now it's the 13th the day I was to get my order, and guess what, It says the order is pending. Now it cleared my band on the 6th so there is now holdup on my end.

Customer service says they will have to contact the web sales department, and get this "they will have to call me because that department does not have phones!” I stopped buying from them when I was told the earrings they checked for me was about to fall apart by the manager. Who also told me the warranty was no longer good. You know, that lifetime one you get suckered into. I'm sure he didn't know that I have a better microscope than they do and when I took them back home to look at them I could not get the diamonds to move at all with either a dental pick or spring hook. So I no longer will with buy from them online or at Triangle Town center.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I tried to order a mother's ring on their website on Saturday, they did a pre-auth on my bank account but the order never went through. I had to wait for that to fall off and went into the store and spoke to the manager and she tried to place the order on the website and got the same message I got Saturday. So she calls customer service and they tell her it's something with the website not accepting my debit card, so they told her for me to purchase a gift card and place the order that way. I specifically asked her if they were going to charge me twice since she ran my debit card again at the register this time not through the website, she told me absolutely not since the debit card wasn't accepted in the website, I said OK.

I went out to my car, checked my account and THEY DID RUN MY CARD TWICE!!! I went into the store and confronted the manager and asked for their corporate number, she gave me customer service number and she had no explanation as to what happened with the website and offered no apologies or nothing!!! This is the WORST STORE EVER and I will NEVER BE RETURNING TO THEM EVER AGAIN. I will go to a more established jewelry store than this heap of crap!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We bought my enhancer for my engagement ring in 2014. The sales person said once the ring was soldered the first warranty applied. Paid off the ring in 2015. Been taking in every 6 months actually every 3 months because the stones keep falling out. Well this last time 5 years later they say stones are loose in the enhancer and we have no coverage on the prongs etc. I called their corporate office to get records. Don't go back that far. They also send me a new credit card with the new logo. Same day I get the card they cancel it. When I call to ask about that they say "I could not verify my address." THEY MAILED ME THE CARD! This caused a hit on my credit report also. The repair service with them will make a killing without a warranty. 6 times had to fix the original ring. I don't trust them to work on it anymore. I took elsewhere and will never buy anything from them again. I was a loyal customer and bought numerous things through them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Bought a 6500 ring. They said they could size it later once we were ready because I wanted to hide it for the big day. Everything went great, so we brought the LEO ring and they sent it out to be sized. (Never did they say anything about a sizing issue at the time it was sent to a 3rd party vendor). The ring is gone a month, and they call to say it can't be sized and we need to order you a new ring. Now not only do I have no idea what ring and quality they are sending, it now will take 2 full months longer for the ring to be done.

They will not compensate me nor will customer service rush it because they say they cannot do that with their "leo" rings. This was the worst experience I have ever had. No one seems to help. The manager VJ said it wasn't HIS fault so I am out of luck. I would never ever buy from there again!!! They have disappointed my fiance and myself. Once they get the sale they wash their hands of you. This company has personally caused me emotional distress and terrible regret for ever giving them my hard earned!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I would not recommend Kay Jewelers to anyone looking to resize a sterling silver ring. My experience was a huge waste of time and could have easily been avoided. Upon entering the store I asked, "Do you resize sterling silver rings?" I was told, “Yes.” It took them three weeks to realize that they do not in fact size sterling silver. No one called or emailed me (despite my being told multiple times that they would do so) and when we finally called and discovered it was ready to pick up, the store associates didn't realize that the ring had never been resized... We had already paid for the ring by the time they realized it, so they had to refund us our money. An associate was then able to recommend a local jeweler to us and called over to make sure they were open and could take care of us that day.

We appreciated the referral but were frustrated with the level of incompetence and three weeks of time we wasted because of the lack of communication between the store and the repair shop. In addition, the level of customer service provided in store was woefully inadequate, even on a busy day, which it was not. As someone who has worked in the retail customer service setting myself, I was taken aback by the utter lack of effort by anyone in the store to be friendly or respectful to me as a customer: Associates talked over me to each other about non-work related things, the associate who I worked with submitted the wrong size on the work order, so had to completely resubmit everything after I pointed out her error, and her demeanor generally screamed, 'I would rather be anywhere else but helping you right now.' I definitely will never go back to Kay by choice for any reason whatsoever.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I bought a ring for my wife on our anniversary (about 3 months ago). At the time of purchase, they said the gemstones were protected under their lifetime guarantee: "We will replace, free of charge, any diamond, emerald, ruby or sapphire covered by this guarantee if it chips, breaks, or is lost from its original setting during normal wear." Well, guess what? The ring's diamond fell off during normal wear and when I took it there to replace it, I was charged for it, almost 1/3 of the original price of the ring. I am extremely disappointed with this very deceitful business practice and will not buy there again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I had an absolutely terrible experience. Do not go to the store if you have kids or want to be treated as a person. I went to the Staten Island Mall location to look for a couple of pieces with my two boys. My younger son was fascinated with the telescope in the front of the store. While I was looking at the Jewelry a woman approached him not to touch it. Confused as to why she would not just tell me I proceeded to tell my son not to touch it. Then I turned my attention to continuing to look at the jewelry. A few minutes later I see a woman (Rabia) frustrated approaching my son, I told her that I will address my son and she proceeded to approach him telling me with attitude that he is still touching it.

I was upset at her disrespectful approach and attitude and decided to leave the store. I went back to the location to speak to her to let her know that she could of handled herself differently and should of approached me first not my son. She proceeded to tell me with attitude, "how many times do people need to tell you before you look after your child. That's an expensive piece of equipment and I would of needed to replace it if he damaged it". If she would of informed me that my son touched the telescope again I would of held his hand or had him sit down. He is autistic and was fascinated with it. Not every parent can always leave their child in order to shop. She should be more understanding and professional. Also when I asked to speak to her privately she would not move away from her co-workers. Her attitude was completely not necessary. Please do not go to this store if you have children or if Rabia is there.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I ordered a bridal set on 1-4-19. I paid extra for it to be here on 1-15 because I was getting married on 1-18. They printed a label for the ring on 1-12 to be shipped but it never went anywhere after that. The customer service was horrendous. Nice people, absolutely no help. They said that the post office never picked it up. Next person said UPS had it. I was told they would find the order and overnight it and then refund my shipping. If it wasn’t found, they would put out a critical search to find it. A lot of drama later, it was never marked as critical and they said that they never said they would refund my shipping.

I’ve been told 2 business days for a resolution. Each person gives a different answer. I’ve heard 2 days, 3-5 days, 5-7 days, and 8-10 days. Every time I ask for a manager they divert and refuse to let me speak to one. Now they’re billing me for something I have already paid a down payment on and I don’t even have it. No one will help. Never shopping here again. Now, I’m getting married with no ring.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I bought a necklace from the Kay store in Rosenberg Tx in May of 2018, well on Jan 8th I took it to a friend of mine that works in a pawnshop to clean my husband necklace. I told her to test it to make sure it was real. Well come to find out she told me the necklace must be plated because it was sticking to the magnet that they used, so I left from there and went to another pawnshop where I didn't know anyone to see if my friend was correct, well the young man at that pawnshop told me the same thing... Necklace is gold plated not 10k. Then I took it in to the Kay store and the young lady said she would send it to corporate so they could test it. Well now it has arrived at the store and they're telling me it's real just hollow. But I do not want this necklace or anything else from Kay Jewelers anymore or ever because it's not real. It's plate.

I called corporate and spoke to 2 woman and they both said I couldn't get a refund because it was way past my 90 days, which I don't understand. If I knew it was a plated gold chain I would of never bought it, but one of the young ladies said, "Well you should have did your research after you bought it because like I said you only have 90 days for a refund..." Well to me why would I have to do research on jewelry when I bought it at well known jewelry store... I don't want anything from the store just my money have put towards this purchase. I will never refer anyone to buy jewelry from there and of course I'm stuck only because I have to continue to make these payments on the necklace 'cause I do not want to ruin my credit!!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We bought our wedding ring 25 days in advance and when I was picked up, my wedding ring came in the wrong size with 5 days before for the wedding and the seller said that I can not do anything before my wedding date, this would have to marry a bigger wedding ring then return in the store to stay without a wedding ring for 15 days and then have to go search it again. I was extremely disappointed with the lack of solution and little case of the shop in solving the problem in time. Summing up I paid for another store to do the correct size and had no refund for that. I do not recommend purchase from this store, which is not cheap at all, let alone with good service to solve my case.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I purchased a mother’s ring from Kay. I paid $485. The peridot came out of the ring and was lost. I took it back to Wilkes-Barre store where I purchased it to inquire about getting it replaced. They sent it to their repair shop for an estimate and after a few weeks, I was told that it would be cheaper to buy a new ring! Hmmm a peridot was going to cost more than the ring? No way!

I called Kay’s Customer Care to report it and the customer service representative confirmed that there has been issues with this location before. After giving the rep my customer order number, she was able to tell me that the warranty on the ring covered diamonds, sapphires and rubies which I thought was interesting. The store was not able to tell me this and they had the same information. Once I finally got the ring back from the repair shop, I took it to a local jeweler and they replaced the peridot for $49!!! Yes $49! I will never go back to Kay Jewelers! Every “kiss” does not begin with Kay!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My fiancée purchased a tennis bracelet for me on 12/27/18 using cash as form of payment. After receiving the bracelet I decided I didn’t like how it fit or the quality of this bracelet so I proceed to go return the bracelet on 1/3/18 with receipt and bracelet in its original packaging only to be told that this multi-million dollar jewelry store cannot refund me $215.00 due to not having that much cash in register!! I proceed to ask if she could just put my refund on my debit card and she states “NO” because that’s not what form of payment I used to purchase the item.

Ok but you obviously can’t reimburse me with the form of payment I used (cash) so she tells me the only way she refund me is with a check from their corporate office, which will be mailed to me within 5-7 business day, so with me not quite understanding this policy I contact Kay’s corporate office only to be told the same information by a “supervisor” in the corporate office and she also stated to me with an attitude “if I’m not mistaken the receipt has the store return policy on it," which I in return stated, "Yes it does have the return policy on the receipt but nowhere’s does it state if paying with cash we won’t be able to pay you with cash but you will have to wait 5-7 business days for our corporate office to mail you a check!"

I’m very curious as to why they're still able to be in business. When you look at the reviews on website 90% is horrible, unprofessional and scamming reviews that were wrote on this company. This was my first and last experience with this place and any of their affiliate companies! Someone needs to open an investigation on this entire corporation!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Wife and I went to the Kay Jewelers Outlet store in Charlotte NC on 12/12/2018. Purchased a ring that my wife picked out. The ring needed sized so the clerk sized it and gave us a pickup list for 12/24. Great. It would be in before Christmas. Wrong. They call on 12/31 to pick up. We went in, tried the ring. Too small. This clerk asked us we gave the size. When we said no she asked my wife if she ate salt that morning. They sized it again and sent out (rush supposedly). Told us that it would be in Friday. That didn’t happen. We told them that we would like to take to another jewelry store for sizing. She said we would lose warranty. I told my Wife Merry Christmas 2019. By the time we get her ring the warranty would probably have ran out. Go to another Jewelry Store.

Kay Jewelers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.

• Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.

• Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.

• Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.

• Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.

• Best for: Couples getting engaged and customers looking to buy a luxury gift.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs