3.8/5 (391 ratings)

About Kay Jewelers

Kay Jewelers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I recently purchased a heart-shaped pendant with my children's names engraved into it for my wife for Christmas. When it arrived I was astounded that they forgot to engrave it. (so I thought) I looked at it through a 50x magnifying glass and it was actually engraved. I called them and was told that that's how it is (not returnable). Even though the lady on the phone told me that it should be like the picture in my email, which it wasn't. What's the point in getting an engraving if it can't be seen at all. I thought this company was better than this. Lesson learned.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Asked for a final price on 2 items. Sales lady came back with a very inflated price. Turns out she fully expected me to purchase an extended warranty with these items. Wasn't even asked if I wanted them. I was made to feel as if I deeply disappointed her and that I was just a cheap and complete idiot for not wanting her add on. I purchased a ring without the so called warranty and just wanted out of there. Seems like jewelry is an afterthought at Kay's and I will never be returning to them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Took my rings in for cleaning and they lost both my wedding rings. Terrible company. Never buy from Kay's..... Do your research and you will find I am not the only one that has had issues from this dishonest company. They would not even give me a tracking number to ask UPS. Shady if you ask me.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Kay Jewelers, in Paris, Texas, sold me a very expensive diamond engagement ring. The expensive diamond ring actually has the lowest quality diamonds to be found - I3. They will not take it back, even at a discount. I am very, very disappointed in the quality of their product. I guess one could say it is my fault for not researching diamond quality and for not asking them what the quality of this diamond ring was....it was pretty...but very low quality.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Ordered a Garmin watch that was on clearance online. Once it arrived, I noticed that the seal on the box was broken. So I opened the box and it was obvious that the watch wasn't new. The protective seal on the screen was missing and the watch had just been thrown in the box without even trying to put it back correctly. To top that off, the charger cable was missing as well.

So I contacted the customer service on their website, and they said that I can switch it for a new one at a store where it is in stock or I can send it back and they would ship a new one. Since it is a gift and time-sensitive I had to drive to a store an hour away as it was the only one near me that had the watch in stock. It was approved by two different customer service agents that the watch is in stock in that store, but lo and behold, it was indeed NOT in stock. The sales person was very rude about it and rolled his eyes at me when I explained the situation. I still ended up having to send the watch back, and am now waiting for a replacement. I am so disappointed and frustrated with Kay Jewelers. Never buying anything from them again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

My mom purchased jewelry for her girls and it has all tarnished. The jewelry is not sterling silver. My earrings can not be replaced. None of these things that were purchased can be replaced. Please do not buy anything from company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Purchased a necklace online as a gift. Received email stating it was shipped and would be expected the next day. Item did not arrive on date it was expected. Following day checked tracking to see it was delivered on the same day the email was sent out. Contacted Kay to inform them. Asked for my item to be resent as it was a gift. Was told they could not do it and that it would have to be escalated and could take 30 days. Asked the woman why it could not be resent. The email I received on Wednesday states it would be delivered the following day however on Friday when tracking was checked, it states it was delivered on Wednesday, the day the email was sent about it being shipped (makes no sense). Alzadra L the woman who I spoke with via chat basically left the chat after I said that. This is the word customer service I have ever received and would not order from them EVER AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

The charm was not stamped Sterling Silver and after about 4 months (I had only worn it twice on my hoop earring) it started to tarnish. They have a return policy of 30 days. I put it in a capful of TarnX and nothing happened. It stayed tarnished. I tried polishing it with silver polish, nothing happened. I called customer service, they told me to take it to my local Kay’s. I took it there and was told that I shouldn’t have put it in TarnX. They would not replace it or give me my $25 back. It clearly, was not Sterling Silver. Won’t shop there again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Kay Jewelers cheap materials/bad service! Don't buy any engagement ring or wedding bands from them. Cheap materials that come from overseas! I just wanna inform others of the very bad quality and experience I had with them! My fiance originally had purchased a 1 ct diamond engagement ring through Kay Jewelers. We wanted to do a custom to make it special for me. It started off with the original 1ct diamond to be taken out of the band and put with 2 half CT diamond earrings to be put along the side of a new band with .25 CT on side of band as well. Mike located with the Kay Jewelers of Strongsville in Ohio was the store manager at that time, and helped make this custom for us.

The custom took 3 months after being told it would only take 3 weeks. I got the ring. It look great. Loved it until the cheap materials they bought from India broke 2 of my prongs that on the side holds my half CT diamond fell out and was lost. When I was taking my ring back Strongsville mall Mike the store manager started to say my prongs looked like I had cut my own diamond out, and then proceeded to ask about my 1ct diamond cross necklace that I purchased through Zales if he could test it with the diamond tester. I was so upset about how he had treated me. I called my fiance and began to cry. Once the ring was in after 2 months of them fixing it my fiance came with me and was going to ask why I was treated so badly.

Once Mike the store manager seen us coming through the mall he went and sat in the back and wouldn't talk to us about that situation. When we finally gotten the ring it was so badly fixed. My prongs were different sizes that held my diamonds in place. The diamond that had fell out didn't even match the size or shape of my previous diamond. Didn't even sit in the mount. After only 3 weeks of having it the other prong broke on the completely opposite side of the ring. So I took it back to be replaced once again. So now it's been 2 months without my ring!

My wedding is in two weeks and they still don't even have my band so basically the day where is supposed to be most rememberable is and will be the saddest day due to not having my wedding ring in time for my wedding. Thanks a lot Kay Jewelers! P.S. they won't Even try to compensate me for not having my ring in time for my wedding, plus I've wore this ring 3 months out of 10 months and I've almost paid the account off already.

Crystal H

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I purchased my ring in 2014 as an upgrade. I have the diamond bond which amounts to nothing if they lose your jewelry or claim it to be lost in transit as I was told mine was. Two months later still no resolution and still no ring. I was told two dates the ring would arrive the last fib was they tried to deliver but it was sent back to the jeweler and they can’t reach them for an update. I spent several thousand dollars on a ring which only matter to me. I wish I had read up on them more before buying here. If I get my ring back I will take it to an independent jeweler for appraisal as I no longer trust anything they say. I will NEVER shop here again. Do your research before you shop here!! You are not valued as a customer with Kay’s!!

Resolution response: Sept. 17, 2021

Karla reached out to customer service and she cancelled my order. This review is resolved.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Karla is THE ABSOLUTE WORST EMPLOYEE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. She lacks professionalism and she needs training in customer service. I placed an online order and paid extra for Roadie to deliver my order on the same day. 3 days later I still did not receive my order. When I called customer service they informed me that the Woodmore location never fulfilled the order. Customer service tried calling the store and no one picked up so I was forced to drive up to that location and all Karla could offer is that I buy a whole new bracelet because she could not do anything since the order was locked in the system. She didn’t offer to call customer service, she didn’t show any sympathy. She sat on her phone and continued to do nothing.

I have been sitting in Kay on hold with customer service trying to get ahold of someone. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Do NOT buy from Kay, they are clearly lacking. I will make sure I put this on ConsumerAffairs so that this doesn’t happen to anyone else. If my event wasn’t today I wouldn’t even spend any money here but I have no choice but to suck this up. Save your time and Save your money.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

My husband had to cut off my 4 rings because of weight gain and bloating due to covid - well he took them to Kay Jewelers in Clovis Ca to have them repaired - they wanted $2500 to fix my 4 rings - all I wanted was for them to be put back together but was told that they would have to cut the rings and rebuild them up back up - that is not true - my daughter told me not to have Kay do it because they will take your diamonds and replace them with CZ - I will never shop Kay again.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I do not recommend this jewelry, I bought a ring with 3 stones and it broke in 2 months. They didn't want to repair it unless I pay to, be repair and put new stones. But honestly is very bad material. So, please think about it and look for another place to buy your jewelry.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

During the first week of June 2021 I ordered a beautiful toe ring for vacation. At the end of June I didn't receive it so I called Kay Jewelers' customer service. The young woman I spoke to was very rude and dismissive. "Ma'am your order was returned. You just have to wait for your refund." I asked why it was return. She said she doesn't know and could no longer help me. I called back a few days later and the agent explained that they received the return and she wasn't quite sure why since there was no notes. The 3rd week of July I still haven't received my refund and I called again. This agent was very apologetic and explained that he sees it's been processed and that somehow it was shipped to the wrong address. It's the first of August. Almost two months no merchandise and no refund. Very disappointed with their process and the push around I am getting from Kay Jewelers.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I went to Kay's looking to buy a Neil Lane wedding ring for my husband. Due to his ring size being too big they told me they would not be able to get me the ring I wanted in time for my wedding which is six weeks away. I expressed how frustrated I was because I was not going to be able to get the ring I have always wanted for him because of the time frame and I really didn't want to buy just any old ring. I was in no way, shape or form upset with the associate because I understood it was not her fault but she immediately reacted by saying: "It's not my fault so I don't know why you're upset with me". I explained that I wasn't upset with her and she insisted that I seemed upset so I thanked her for her time and walked away.

I called another Kay's location and that associate was also rude and negative on the phone. Even though I was set on buying a Neil Lane ring I went to Zales to see what other options I had and the associates were so much nicer and found me something that was able to come in his size on time. I refuse to believe Kay's couldn't have done the same thing they were just not helpful at all which was disappointing. I rather spend my money at a location that treats me with respect than at a place like Kay's that clearly don't value their customers.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Wow I can’t believe the rumors are true! I recently bought 2 “gold chains” from this place in Lakewood mall in California. Kay’s jeweler sold me the chains as being full 14k. I paid 2 thousand dollars for both chains. I went and got them tested today and appraised and they both came back as all metal no gold at all!! They need to be sued for these illegal practices! Do not buy jewelry from this place ever! SCAM ARTIST AT KAY

Original review: July 29, 2021

I purchased a beautiful diamond wedding ring in December 2020. Of course full payment at purchase. The ring was sent in for sizing, took until the middle of January to get it back. I had the ring in my possession from mid-January through May. In May I noticed a diamond was popped up out of the setting. Took the ring back in and with terrible customer service the ring had to be sent away AGAIN. I expected the ring back in June, nope, didn't come back until the 3rd week of July. Went to pick up the ring, popped it under the microscope and again an issue! The 4 square diamonds on top were not aligned!! AGAIN the ring had to be sent away. Kay's has had my money and my ring longer than I have. When this ring comes back again it will be appraised to make sure diamonds weren't exchanged for CZ's. This shouldn't happen!

Original review: July 14, 2021

Five years ago my husband bought me a pair of 14 carat gold white sapphire earrings for Christmas. I wore them until the posts recently broke away from the earring. I took them to my trusted jeweler to be repaired. As he started to solder the post, he noticed that the "stones" were changing shape. Upon closer examination, the jeweler realized that the "stones" were plastic. He could not tell whether the earrings were 14 carat gold. These earrings were sold as 14 carat gold white sapphire earrings with a corresponding price. When I checked the Kay website for these earrings, they no longer carry the gold version but do carry a sterling sliver version for about the same price we paid five years ago.

The jeweler told my husband that we probably would not get any satisfaction from Kay Jewelers. However, I do not like the fact that a business can fleece the customer and get away with it. Needless to say, we will not be buying anything else from any of the three jewelry stores associated with this parent company. Buyer be aware!

Original review: July 10, 2021

I got proposed to in March of 2021. I was elated! My ring is gorgeous and my soon to be husband is incredible. KAY JEWELERS HAS DONE EVERYTHING TO TRY TO RUIN THIS EXPERIENCE FOR US. They were unable to adhere to the original completion date of the ring and my Fiancé had to change his entire plan for the proposal.

My ring finger had already been sized before the purchase of the ring and Kay did not make the ring to those specs before the ring was picked up. Within two weeks a surrounding stone fell out and we figured we would have the stone replaced at the same time that they resized the ring to the original size that was requested. Apparently, this is beyond what they are capable of because they sized the ring (still the wrong size) and also did not replace the missing stone. During the process of trying to get the size and the stone fixed the associate that had been assisting my fiance throughout the process informs him that because the ring is custom they will not cover it under their extended warranty.

Three months later we find out that this is inaccurate information and that the associate just doesn't know how to enter the extended warranty on a custom ring in their system. We go to a different store to have the sizing taken care of because the ring is still just too big and we figure dealing with a different store will warrant better results. WE WERE WRONG! We send the ring off to be resized AND TO HAVE ANOTHER STONE REPLACED BECAUSE ONE HAS FALLEN OUT AGAIN. The new associate at the new store assures us that she will take care of it. The ring AGAIN comes back without the stone being replaced. I'd really like to Thank Duane from the Steele Creek store in Charlotte, NC, Teresa from the Pineville store in Charlotte, NC, and all parties involved for making this the worst possible experience.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I don't wear much jewelry and had never been to Kay. For our 30th anniversary, my husband bought me a ring from Kay. It took 3 weeks to size. We received the ring back and I wore it for 4 weeks before one of the diamonds fell out. Fortunately we bought the warranty and it was fixed after 3 weeks of waiting for it to come in. Within 24 hours, another diamond fell out. Kay sent the ring out again, and after 3 weeks Kay called me to explain that the ring was defective and they would need to have it remade. After 6 weeks, they called me again and said the vendor couldn't remake the ring and they would do it in house--it would take another 10 weeks.

After going back and forth with the manager regarding the details of the ring, Kay informed me that I would need to buy ANOTHER warranty and would not be refunded for the warranty we purchased on the first ring. Their customer service is pathetic and I will never shop there again. Sadly, they made a special occasion very bitter.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I made my third purchase with Kay’s, a Love to be Loved 10k citrine yellow gold ring. I received free express shipping. Ordered Monday and would receive by Friday of that week via UPS. Checked tracking Friday and order showed waiting to be picked up by UPS. Called and was given same info on tracking site. Long story short. Was charged within a few days to my Kay’s charge card. Called several times regarding order, unable to cancel due to shipping status. A ticket was created upon 2nd call. Never received follow-up call or any real info on what was being done to rectify.

After 4th or 5th call disputed charge with finance company and received a refund after they investigated about a month later. Received an email from Kay’s saying return was processed but never received a call with an update or after requesting supervisor call. Don’t know if I will ever order again but am positive I will never ship anything to my home again. Thought my situation was unique until I read reviews on this site.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I was shopping for a special gift for my wife's 75th birthday. After being married for 48 yrs I know what she likes. I found such a piece on the KAY Jewelers website, I thought. The picture was misleading to say the least. Once the engraving is chosen you can see what you are buying and it looked great. Piece arrived today and EVEN WITH a magnifying glass I cannot see what the engraving really looks like. ONE CANNOT ZOOM IN in real life as you can on a computer aided screen. Long story short: I was duped by a great looking piece of jewelry WITH THREE WORDS ENGRAVED which are barely visible even with a magnifying glass. Moral of the story is I will never purchase anything online again. I will go to a brick and mortar store, NOT Kay! By the way.... this was a $300.00+ purchase!

Original review: June 24, 2021

On 3/20/2021 got an estimate for repair $31.02 to set melee stone. Got call end of March repair $514.68 more. Picked up 4/17/21. Same stone came out in May. Dropped off again for repair under warranty 6/14/21. Said no charge. Got voicemail 6/23/21 saying due $44. Called and told something wrong in system; they have to call me back.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Do not trust this company with your money! I placed an order with a promise date of 5/28/21 and have been chatting with customer service 1 week before shipping to make sure there would be no delays. I paid for express shipping. It was my child's high school graduation ring. I specifically ordered from Kay's and paid twice the price so it would be here by Graduation Day. They are unable to contact the jeweler for me to find out what is causing the delay. They cannot refund my money without an ok from the jeweler. Kay has no incentive to find anything out because they are paid for something someone else is responsible for making. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH KAY'S AGAIN. I called and spoke to a live agent who gave me some line about known overseas shipping delays. Again they refuse to behave like good faith humans.

Original review: May 29, 2021

I bought a custom engagement ring at Kay Jewelers in BG. It had some solder marks and tool marks when I picked it up. I asked the manager at Kay to fix them. It's brand new. Why does it have marks on it? So they sent it out and it came back with the same marks. This went on another 6 times with it being sent out and coming back each time taking a month or longer. That last time I got it back they had polished the band down to 1/4 of what it started at. It still had the marks on it and they stated the ring is now junk and should not be worn as it will break and is no longer able to be paired with a wedding band or fixed ....this is my engagement ring. What do you mean you destroyed it? Shouldn't you replace the band you ruined ..

Their only option after speaking with their corporate office was for me to purchase another band. They would take off part of what I paid for the first band as a "trade in" and I would have to pay the remaining $730 dollars for my new band as my band currently isn't worth anything and $75 dollars to transfer the stones and since my warranty/extended service plan was now "used" I would have to purchase a new one at $250 dollars ...completely distraught I left the store to think about it. On my way home I decided to stop at Waddington Jewelers and get a second opinion. They offered to add gold to the band and remove the marks or transfer the stones to a new band if I purchased a new band from them for free or solder my existing ring to a wedding band to strengthen it after deciding to keep my original ring due to my husband designing it and sentimental reasons.

I purchased a wedding band and had them soldered together. They had my ring LESS than a week and were able to remove ALL the marks, thicken my band and solder them together. It's ABSOLUTELY Gorgeous and completely mark free. For $45 dollars they fixed my ring and they DID NOT offer or sell me a service plan. Just stated, "We stand behind our work for a lifetime!!!" I was SO VERY IMPRESSED with the friendliness of the staff, the selection and choices I was offered to repair something I didn't even buy from them. I would recommend them to anyone buying jewelry. COMPLETELY ABSOLUTELY OVERWHELMING PERFECT SERVICE AND AMAZING CRAFTSMANSHIP!!!! I can't say enough about how wonderful Waddington is and all of the staff. STAY AWAY FROM KAY.

Original review: May 27, 2021

On 5/26/2021 I bought a E Gift Card from Kay Jewelers for my wife's 19th anniversary and the money was taken off the credit card used and she never received it. I called there customer service this morning on 5/27/2021 and was put on hold for 19 minutes before hanging up and calling back. When I called back, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told one would call me right back. Now 2 hours later still no return call. Now I didn't have a anniversary gift for my wife and Kay Jewelers has the money I spent on the E Gift Card and no answers from them.

Original review: May 25, 2021

My husband and I purchased new rings for our 20th wedding anniversary. The ring he wanted could not be sized so the sales Rep told him to purchase the ring and bring it back once we are done with our vow renewal. 2 weeks later we go back and another sales person told him that the same ring is now on sale, to purchase that one and we will be getting a refund for the other one. Well that was on May 1 2021. I am currently on the phone with customer service for the 5th time giving me the run around about our refund. I should’ve looked at these reviews before I even became a customer. These people are horrible from the store to customer service.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I order two jewelry pieces as a gift for my boyfriend, I wanted the pickup option to get it faster. I chose a store that was in stock, and everything went through fine. Hours later I received an email stating that one of my items was canceled. I looked at the tracker and it didn't say it was canceled, so I waited for my other item. Two days later I received another email saying my other items were canceled on the same day, with no information on when I was going to receive a refund. I called to see about my refund and had to wait hours. I wished I had seen the reviews before making this purchased. Never again.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I just purchased 2 Bulova men's watches, more than 500.00 value. This happening in a lapse of 2 weeks. The first one arrive with a dead battery, take to local Kay store. They opened and decide that the battery is dead and need to be replaced, but they don't have it and need to be ordered. I returned. Then I order a 2nd one same style and arrive in the same condition. I will returned to them. Very poor customer services. They can't check the working condition before shipping? Also I'm fighting to get my shipping charges credit to my account ($21.35). This is not my fault.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I placed an order online needing it for my anniversary. Thinking I had a couple of days it shouldn't take to long. Nothing gives me an idea of how long it will take. I check the status of my order the next day and find out it will take more than a week to get it. I say, "Ok I will just cancel it and go into my local store and pick something up." Nope they have a 1 HOUR cancelation policy!! Are you kidding me? 1 HOUR!! They also charged me twice and say, "Oh sorry. When we ship it one of the charges will fall off but until then sorry about your luck." I ask for a supervisor to talk to. They tell me someone will call me within the next 72 hours. Really 3 days!! Oh and let's not forget. I asked for a corporate number to call and they give me a number to some law office that had absolutely nothing to do with Kay Jewelers. Never again will they see a dime from me.

Kay Jewelers Company Information