3.8/5 (485 ratings)

About Kay Jewelers

Kay Jewelers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

So we ordered at $15,000 engagement ring through Kay Jewelers. Once we received the ring it was the wrong size. We ordered a size 5 and they sent a size 7. Not even close to the same size. One would think when you spend this kind of money there would be some quality control. So we call their customer service to get the correct size and we get the run around and refusal to get us a supervisor on the phone. They are telling us we need to now go into a store and return that one and make a new purchase. Absolutely not!!! They made the mistake. They can send a new ring and we send the incorrect one back. At this point we are returning the ring and will find a better place to spend $15,000!!!!

Original review: June 17, 2022

I purchased an engagement ring and wedding ring from Kay. I found out my now ex cheated on me and left me for the guy after saying yes to me. I was hospitalized for being suicidal and can’t return it.

Original review: June 15, 2022

We bought an engagement and an enhancer. We were told the two rings could not be sent out together to be sized. When I went to go pick up my engagement ring and drop off the enhancer to be sized, a staff member told me that they could have been sent out together. I was told the enhancer would be back June 15th and it is not. So now I have to wait 4 weeks + and make 2 trips to get my rings. We will not be making any other purchases from Kay Jeweler.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I've bought a necklace and it burst. I didn't purchase the protection plan so I paid out of pocket. Within a week the chain burst again so I threw it in the garbage where it belong. Next was a pair of hoop earring, they're charging me half the cost to repair, I left it to be repaired but after the chain burst again I decided I wasn't about to keep repairing, so I authorize them to throw it away, that's $500 lost. You're better off buying cosmetic jewelry than shopping at Kay's, at least you know what you're paying for.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I purchased a very expensive 9 diamond engagement ring for my wife. I did an upgrade and purchased the warranty. She took it in several times for cleaning and inspection. The large centerpiece diamond fell out. Instead of honoring their warranty, they came up with all types of reasons that the warranty should not be honored. You did not bring it in for inspection, (lie) you did not bring it in every 6 months, (no one told us that). I've spent a lot of money with them for my wife and daughter. I will NEVER spend another dime with them. Every kiss with Kay is a kiss of DEATH!. To your wallet. I will get my wife's diamond replaced elsewhere.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Purchased a ring enhancer as a wedding band! Months later, when I finally got married and put on the enhancer with my engagement ring, it did not fit properly causing my finger to swell! Called customer service to try to rectify the problem! Was advised the manager at the location I purchased the ring from would not return the ring, but only offer a trade in, after explaining that when I took the ring to another jewelry, I was advised the enhancer didn't and wouldn't fit properly with my engagement ring, hence that's why my hand was swelling. I'm now stuck with a ring, that I can't wear!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I've only had my ring one week and it has already tarnished. I only paid $32 for it but didn't expect for it to our a torrent after 1 week. Will never purchased anything else from Kay Jewelers. I'd rather go to the beauty supply house instead of purchasing from you Kay Jewelers.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Had my engagement ring for just about a year. Took it in for a cleaning and the employee discovered that there were 9 stones loose. They did not give me the option to take it somewhere else for service. They sent it in on March 11th and promised it would be back within a week. Got notice that the ring had returned to the store and I called to see if I could come get it. The employee on the phone said that they never received it.

After a few days I begged for info on where in the world my ring was and they said it had to be sent to the service shop again because it was returned with more problems than it left with! HOW CAN A REPAIR SHOP DAMAGE SOMETHING WORSE THAN IT ARRIVED TO THEM?! Now, here I wait for my ring to return a second time and no one will give me any information other than "we don't know anything". I am PISSED! All I want to do is return the ring and go somewhere else. I am so sad and disappointed and they just don't care. I will never buy from this company again.

Original review: March 4, 2022

Payments are due on the first of each month, I make payments beforehand, more than required, payments are not posted on time, was told it is my fault. I go into the sometimes a week, or two before the 1st, they consider my payments late, and being charge interest on a 6 month deferred plan, still have 3 months to go. The extra money that I pay is not being put towards this plan, will pay balance, close the account.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

We bought our ring from the Novi store and the customer service we have received from the staff has been horrible. They have not gotten us our certification for our ring and it has been 11 months since the purchase. Every time we call and ask they have no news on where it's at and can't find it. We have had multiple stones fall out of the ring and have had to send it in 3 times now for stones falling out. Just this last time a stone fell out so we sent it in and they sent it back with a crack in the main diamond so now we have to send it in again and it's going to be 1 to 2 months before we get it back.

The lack of care from their employees is so disrespectful. They do nothing and I mean nothing to help. We have had so many problems with our ring. I will never buy from them again. People please save yourself the hassle and do not buy from Kay Jewelers. Having to send the ring in 3 times in the first 11 months of having it is ridiculous. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I had great experience at Knightdale Kay Jewelry. Very helpful. Can’t say enough about the girls in there. Totally awesome. Got great deal on new diamond for my wife. I can’t be any happier with them. If you're in need of any jewelry this is the place to go. God bless.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

DON'T BUY FROM KAY! The 10K white gold metal band broke in half and I’ve only had it for 3 months. They said they can repair it since I had a lifetime warranty but they’ve already messed it up once. They refuse to give me my money back so I am seeking legal action. I will be going to Woodards from now on because I owe $3k on this POS. We were scammed into buying this being told this is “amazing quality” when I could’ve got the same quality from a Cracker Jack box. I will be leaving reviews on any website that has Kay's name on it. So thanks Kay Jewelers for screwing me and my husband over and not making this right.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I would normally give this store a great review (the one in Ocean County Mall) but today, I was absolutely insulted. I got an email from Kay Jewelers stating "It's time for your ring check-up, make an appointment." I realized oh, I finally have a day off and I have nothing to do! Let me get my ring looked at and cleaned. And then look at wedding bands, since our wedding is in 5 months. My fiancé was on his way to meet me there. I booked an appointment for weddings/anniversary also added in comments "cleaning." The woman in this location today was absolutely horrific with her poor attitude. She didn't even give me a chance to finish my sentence when I started by saying "I have an appointment for my ring checkup and... "

She says "Ugh you know you should have came in January/November for our sake and for yours. We're busy and don't have time for this." Time for what? You're job? As a human resource manager, I'm cringing while writing this but I did nothing to this woman to make me feel the way she made me feel. Like I shouldn't even be in this store... as she took my ring, she barely looked at it. Then goes to clean it, she's shaking her head and rolling her eyes. I made it a point that she had a poor attitude and that your store just lost a sale on wedding bands. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Either the website is being hacked and payment info are getting stolen. Or the website itself is a fake. Trying to use the sent discount card but nothing happens. I was trying to order 2 items, entered my payment info, but it is not getting through. The website shuts down when I submit confirmation.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I recently purchased a heart-shaped pendant with my children's names engraved into it for my wife for Christmas. When it arrived I was astounded that they forgot to engrave it. (so I thought) I looked at it through a 50x magnifying glass and it was actually engraved. I called them and was told that that's how it is (not returnable). Even though the lady on the phone told me that it should be like the picture in my email, which it wasn't. What's the point in getting an engraving if it can't be seen at all. I thought this company was better than this. Lesson learned.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Asked for a final price on 2 items. Sales lady came back with a very inflated price. Turns out she fully expected me to purchase an extended warranty with these items. Wasn't even asked if I wanted them. I was made to feel as if I deeply disappointed her and that I was just a cheap and complete idiot for not wanting her add on. I purchased a ring without the so called warranty and just wanted out of there. Seems like jewelry is an afterthought at Kay's and I will never be returning to them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Took my rings in for cleaning and they lost both my wedding rings. Terrible company. Never buy from Kay's..... Do your research and you will find I am not the only one that has had issues from this dishonest company. They would not even give me a tracking number to ask UPS. Shady if you ask me.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Kay Jewelers, in Paris, Texas, sold me a very expensive diamond engagement ring. The expensive diamond ring actually has the lowest quality diamonds to be found - I3. They will not take it back, even at a discount. I am very, very disappointed in the quality of their product. I guess one could say it is my fault for not researching diamond quality and for not asking them what the quality of this diamond ring was....it was pretty...but very low quality.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Ordered a Garmin watch that was on clearance online. Once it arrived, I noticed that the seal on the box was broken. So I opened the box and it was obvious that the watch wasn't new. The protective seal on the screen was missing and the watch had just been thrown in the box without even trying to put it back correctly. To top that off, the charger cable was missing as well.

So I contacted the customer service on their website, and they said that I can switch it for a new one at a store where it is in stock or I can send it back and they would ship a new one. Since it is a gift and time-sensitive I had to drive to a store an hour away as it was the only one near me that had the watch in stock. It was approved by two different customer service agents that the watch is in stock in that store, but lo and behold, it was indeed NOT in stock. The sales person was very rude about it and rolled his eyes at me when I explained the situation. I still ended up having to send the watch back, and am now waiting for a replacement. I am so disappointed and frustrated with Kay Jewelers. Never buying anything from them again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

My mom purchased jewelry for her girls and it has all tarnished. The jewelry is not sterling silver. My earrings can not be replaced. None of these things that were purchased can be replaced. Please do not buy anything from company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Purchased a necklace online as a gift. Received email stating it was shipped and would be expected the next day. Item did not arrive on date it was expected. Following day checked tracking to see it was delivered on the same day the email was sent out. Contacted Kay to inform them. Asked for my item to be resent as it was a gift. Was told they could not do it and that it would have to be escalated and could take 30 days. Asked the woman why it could not be resent. The email I received on Wednesday states it would be delivered the following day however on Friday when tracking was checked, it states it was delivered on Wednesday, the day the email was sent about it being shipped (makes no sense). Alzadra L the woman who I spoke with via chat basically left the chat after I said that. This is the word customer service I have ever received and would not order from them EVER AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

The charm was not stamped Sterling Silver and after about 4 months (I had only worn it twice on my hoop earring) it started to tarnish. They have a return policy of 30 days. I put it in a capful of TarnX and nothing happened. It stayed tarnished. I tried polishing it with silver polish, nothing happened. I called customer service, they told me to take it to my local Kay’s. I took it there and was told that I shouldn’t have put it in TarnX. They would not replace it or give me my $25 back. It clearly, was not Sterling Silver. Won’t shop there again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Kay Jewelers cheap materials/bad service! Don't buy any engagement ring or wedding bands from them. Cheap materials that come from overseas! I just wanna inform others of the very bad quality and experience I had with them! My fiance originally had purchased a 1 ct diamond engagement ring through Kay Jewelers. We wanted to do a custom to make it special for me. It started off with the original 1ct diamond to be taken out of the band and put with 2 half CT diamond earrings to be put along the side of a new band with .25 CT on side of band as well. Mike located with the Kay Jewelers of Strongsville in Ohio was the store manager at that time, and helped make this custom for us.

The custom took 3 months after being told it would only take 3 weeks. I got the ring. It look great. Loved it until the cheap materials they bought from India broke 2 of my prongs that on the side holds my half CT diamond fell out and was lost. When I was taking my ring back Strongsville mall Mike the store manager started to say my prongs looked like I had cut my own diamond out, and then proceeded to ask about my 1ct diamond cross necklace that I purchased through Zales if he could test it with the diamond tester. I was so upset about how he had treated me. I called my fiance and began to cry. Once the ring was in after 2 months of them fixing it my fiance came with me and was going to ask why I was treated so badly.

Once Mike the store manager seen us coming through the mall he went and sat in the back and wouldn't talk to us about that situation. When we finally gotten the ring it was so badly fixed. My prongs were different sizes that held my diamonds in place. The diamond that had fell out didn't even match the size or shape of my previous diamond. Didn't even sit in the mount. After only 3 weeks of having it the other prong broke on the completely opposite side of the ring. So I took it back to be replaced once again. So now it's been 2 months without my ring!

My wedding is in two weeks and they still don't even have my band so basically the day where is supposed to be most rememberable is and will be the saddest day due to not having my wedding ring in time for my wedding. Thanks a lot Kay Jewelers! P.S. they won't Even try to compensate me for not having my ring in time for my wedding, plus I've wore this ring 3 months out of 10 months and I've almost paid the account off already.

Crystal H

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I purchased my ring in 2014 as an upgrade. I have the diamond bond which amounts to nothing if they lose your jewelry or claim it to be lost in transit as I was told mine was. Two months later still no resolution and still no ring. I was told two dates the ring would arrive the last fib was they tried to deliver but it was sent back to the jeweler and they can’t reach them for an update. I spent several thousand dollars on a ring which only matter to me. I wish I had read up on them more before buying here. If I get my ring back I will take it to an independent jeweler for appraisal as I no longer trust anything they say. I will NEVER shop here again. Do your research before you shop here!! You are not valued as a customer with Kay’s!!

Resolution response: Sept. 17, 2021

Karla reached out to customer service and she cancelled my order. This review is resolved.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Karla is THE ABSOLUTE WORST EMPLOYEE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. She lacks professionalism and she needs training in customer service. I placed an online order and paid extra for Roadie to deliver my order on the same day. 3 days later I still did not receive my order. When I called customer service they informed me that the Woodmore location never fulfilled the order. Customer service tried calling the store and no one picked up so I was forced to drive up to that location and all Karla could offer is that I buy a whole new bracelet because she could not do anything since the order was locked in the system. She didn’t offer to call customer service, she didn’t show any sympathy. She sat on her phone and continued to do nothing.

I have been sitting in Kay on hold with customer service trying to get ahold of someone. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Do NOT buy from Kay, they are clearly lacking. I will make sure I put this on ConsumerAffairs so that this doesn’t happen to anyone else. If my event wasn’t today I wouldn’t even spend any money here but I have no choice but to suck this up. Save your time and Save your money.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

My husband had to cut off my 4 rings because of weight gain and bloating due to covid - well he took them to Kay Jewelers in Clovis Ca to have them repaired - they wanted $2500 to fix my 4 rings - all I wanted was for them to be put back together but was told that they would have to cut the rings and rebuild them up back up - that is not true - my daughter told me not to have Kay do it because they will take your diamonds and replace them with CZ - I will never shop Kay again.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I do not recommend this jewelry, I bought a ring with 3 stones and it broke in 2 months. They didn't want to repair it unless I pay to, be repair and put new stones. But honestly is very bad material. So, please think about it and look for another place to buy your jewelry.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

During the first week of June 2021 I ordered a beautiful toe ring for vacation. At the end of June I didn't receive it so I called Kay Jewelers' customer service. The young woman I spoke to was very rude and dismissive. "Ma'am your order was returned. You just have to wait for your refund." I asked why it was return. She said she doesn't know and could no longer help me. I called back a few days later and the agent explained that they received the return and she wasn't quite sure why since there was no notes. The 3rd week of July I still haven't received my refund and I called again. This agent was very apologetic and explained that he sees it's been processed and that somehow it was shipped to the wrong address. It's the first of August. Almost two months no merchandise and no refund. Very disappointed with their process and the push around I am getting from Kay Jewelers.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I went to Kay's looking to buy a Neil Lane wedding ring for my husband. Due to his ring size being too big they told me they would not be able to get me the ring I wanted in time for my wedding which is six weeks away. I expressed how frustrated I was because I was not going to be able to get the ring I have always wanted for him because of the time frame and I really didn't want to buy just any old ring. I was in no way, shape or form upset with the associate because I understood it was not her fault but she immediately reacted by saying: "It's not my fault so I don't know why you're upset with me". I explained that I wasn't upset with her and she insisted that I seemed upset so I thanked her for her time and walked away.

I called another Kay's location and that associate was also rude and negative on the phone. Even though I was set on buying a Neil Lane ring I went to Zales to see what other options I had and the associates were so much nicer and found me something that was able to come in his size on time. I refuse to believe Kay's couldn't have done the same thing they were just not helpful at all which was disappointing. I rather spend my money at a location that treats me with respect than at a place like Kay's that clearly don't value their customers.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Wow I can’t believe the rumors are true! I recently bought 2 “gold chains” from this place in Lakewood mall in California. Kay’s jeweler sold me the chains as being full 14k. I paid 2 thousand dollars for both chains. I went and got them tested today and appraised and they both came back as all metal no gold at all!! They need to be sued for these illegal practices! Do not buy jewelry from this place ever! SCAM ARTIST AT KAY

Kay Jewelers Company Information