1.47/5
Based on 283 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

286 Invicta Watches Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 16, 2019

Sent watch in to Invicta’s 3rd party repair company. Email communication was prompt and appeared to be good, but this changed after a phone call with one of the customer service reps. The guy had terrible customer service skills and tried to convince me that I dropped my watch and caused the mainspring to break, which simply did not happen. The watch did not keep time since it was new. After 20 minutes on the phone they offered to waive $150 overhaul fee and make me pay $79 to replace the mainspring. The guy says there is a chip on the crystal and that’s why they won’t repair the movement...really?! They are pretty much just gonna make up a reason not to honor the warranty, so save your money sending it in for evaluation because they will only send you a bill and a bunch of BS excuses. Their repair shop should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I bought a Invicta Women's 'Sea Base' Quartz Stainless Steel Casual Watch (Model: 20391) for my wife on Amazon In November of 2018. I am on a fixed income and it took us over 5 months to save up the 200.00 for the watch. In January 2019 the hour hand stopped working. As per instructions on the website to take care of the 3 Year warranty, I took it into the Invicta store at the mall to process the defective watch. The store manager noticed the X for 10 had also fallen to the bottom of the inside between the crystal and the face of the watch. The store told me it would cost $28.00 plus $2.00 insurance to have it warranted. I said ok even though they were charging me 15% of its value to have it fixed UNDER Warranty.

The Invicta store shipped it to the only warranty shop listed on the website in Utah. They contacted me today and said the can repair it for $115.00 to include the movement and the dial face. After questioning the CSR about the price, she said it they would drop the price and not charge me the $65.00 for the movement. This also confused me but she said, "That is all I can do for you."

I contacted the company I purchased it from, Watch Technicians, explained what the Invicta repair location said, and I was told they will send me a PrePaid pick up slip to ship it back and they would warranty it for me. This made sense to me, but I could not understand why IWSC (International Watch Service Center 9298 S 500W, Sandy Utah 84070) the Authorized Warranty Agent would not do this for me. So I called Invicta Watch Corporation Headquarters, 1 Invicta Way, Hollywood Florida 33201, explained to the operator what had happened and I wanted to talk with someone at corporate that would or could help me.

When the lady came on the line, I explained it to her and she said she would check on it for me. When she got back to me, I realized it was the same company that told me they would not help me to begin with. I thought Invicta was a worldwide corporation, not just a corporation that sold its name to some local shop that does not have their vision of customer satisfaction. She told me the same thing that the CSR told me. I asked why they wouldn’t help me and she said the watch numbers on the dial were probably knocked off from an impact.

I asked if maybe the defect in workmanship could have been a bad weld or their glue did not work since they decided to warranty the movement but not the dial face. Again I was told that is all they will do for me. I asked them to ship back the watch and I will send it to Watch Technicians to honor the Invicta warranty. I guess the point I want to make is a company spends thousands or millions of dollars to advertise their products and grow their market, then a little guy like me spends a couple hundred bucks on his wife, and they tell you to pound sand.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I too wish I could rate lower than one star. Extremely disappointed! Apparently when you spend $100 on a watch and it stops working correctly shortly after the allotted time frame that's just too bad. Too late to return to Amazon, and when you call the company they are useless. The employees must have taken a course in terrible customer service. They charge $28 to send it in for service! Could not believe it. Only had the watch for a few months. They want you to pay even though their product is garbage. This watch will not keep time or the correct date. Buyer beware! I wouldn't recommend any product from this company to my worst enemy. The claims they make on their products are terribly misleading. They boast of quality and value and their products possess neither! Some value... I spent $100 on a hunk of trash metal!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I do not recommend buying an INVICTA watch. I bought a Pro Diver 6983 as a gift for my father and after 1 year the band started breaking. It was breaking in several places too indicating that the quality of the rubber band was clearly low. I called customer service to request a replacement band and they told me that the bands weren't part of the warranty. I asked them if they thought it was normal that such a nice Swiss watch would break so quickly and they had no answer. So now I have to replace the band for $38 before tax and shipping and I don't think that's right. That band should have been replaced by the company. I will not buy another watch from them. Customer service is EVERYTHING. Sure, it would have cost the company $38 to replace my band, but at least they would have kept a customer.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased an Invicta watch in February 2018--not yet a year old. I wore the watch once. I found it to be losing time so I contacted the company. I was told the battery could be weak since there was no way to determine how long it had been on the shelf. This sounded reasonable, so I had the battery replaced. The watch still lost time. I then contacted the company via email and was told I needed to send the watch in for inspection--for a fee of course.

I paid for the inspection to have it checked out at IWSC repairs. I also paid to ship the watch. Now, I have received a repair invoice in the amount of $65.00. The total of these charges is more than I paid for the watch! They tell me the warranty is void because the battery has been replaced and that replacement damaged the watch--causing it to lose time. Well, if that is the case--why is it acting exactly as it did before the replacement? Maybe the initial battery installation caused the problem?! My business means nothing to them and neither will yours. Please go elsewhere for your watches. One star rating is not low enough.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Invicta Watches?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

If I could rate Invicta lower than 1 star, I would. I'm embarrassed to say I have been an Invicta collector for 10 years with about 150 watches, but no longer. They appear to be a great value with heavy build quality and great style... But God help you if you need service. Their service has got to be the worst of any consumer goods company, from my experience. But the real purpose of this review is to warn you to NEVER buy an Invicta watch with a polyurethane or rubber strap. It will last you 3 yrs average. The bands dry rot and crumble into pieces sometimes when you're wearing them... Talk about embarrassing!!! It took me a few years to find this out and now I have at least 12 of these watches with rotted out bands with more surely to follow. But don't fear because Invicta will be happy to replace them for you for an average price of $150 as they are not covered under warranty which doesnt matter anyway because Invicta warranties are worthless.

This company has built watches knowingly with design flaws and takes ZERO responsibility or ownership of this problem. Any decent company would gladly replace these bands free of charge (they cant possibly cost Invicta more than $25) as a sign of goodwill but more importantly taking ownership of a very serious mistake. A class action lawsuit should be brought against this company and I am actually considering it. I should also note that it seems Invicta does not use this type of band anymore in favor of silicone which so far does not seem to have this problem.

This seems to be an admission of the problem but they still will do nothing about it. Clearly they MUST know that this type of problem is not caused by customer neglect or abuse... Clearly this should NEVER happen under any circumstances. A heavy rubber watch should last a lifetime. I've had other quality issues with this brand too numerous to mention (hands falling off as 1 example) but the strap issue is a very serious one as I have over $2000 worth of unwearable Invicta watches due to bad straps. I WILL NOT pay their ridiculous replacement prices only to likely have the same thing happen again in a few years. Do yourself a favor and resist the temptation to buy Invicta... They have no respect for their many loyal collectors and they simply DO NOT CARE about the customer, PERIOD! Read the overwhelmingly negative reviews as they are true. Stay away or you will soon see INVICTA WATCHES ARE JUNK!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I am floored that the watch I paid good money for less than four months ago is not covered under warranty. This watch was worn about 10 times and then the hour and minute hands basically quit working unless you shook the watch. They would then spin freely. Invicta said this is not a manufacturer defect but a sign of the watch being dropped. This watch was taken off and never dropped or hit a doorway or anything else they tried to claim. What appears to be a quality product is nothing more than a hunk of junk. The only thing worse is their so called warranty. I will never purchase another Invicta product again. Unbelievably Bad Customer Service.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Bought an Invicta 6210 GMT alarm watch 7/2018. When I received the watch the alarm did not work. I contacted the company. They referred me to their repair company. They wanted $28 plus shipping costs to send it there. Even though the watch was brand new and never worn and came with a 5 year warranty. When they received the watch, they called and said it would take about 10 days to fix. They said they would have it repaired and sent back. After about 3 weeks still didn't hear anything from them. I called to see why it hasn't been returned. They said that the movement needed to be replaced and they would have to order a new one which would take about 5 weeks. It would then have a new movement installed. After about 6 weeks we finally received the watch back (ALARM STILL DIDN'T WORK).

They wanted us to believe it had a brand new movement installed, but the receipt said only a pressure test was done. All they did was set it on a shelf for 6 weeks, lie about what they were going to do with it and send it back. Not working with even the same dead battery. When we called the company the rude manager said that we bought it on eBay so we didn't pay full price for it anyway. Which is none of their concern where I bought it or how much was paid, their only concern should be this is a brand new watch, never worn under warranty and was bought for a licensed Invicta dealer.

So if you are paying more for an Invicta watch because it is supposed to have a warranty over a new one that doesn't I wouldn't do it. CONCLUSION the only reason Invicta says they have a warranty and a place to send it to for repairs is just to sell the watch and get you to pay more money for it. In reality there is NO WARRANTY, and they will only soak you for more money and not fix anything. AS you can see for yourself we are not the only people with this exact complaint. Invicta is a scam and a ripoff.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Bought Invicta watch 8927 as gift from the Invictastores.com, June 5, 2017. It is a self-winding (automatic) watch, the watch is wound on wrist as well as with attention to winding to be sure it has been sufficiently wound. The watch arbitrarily stops and has to be reset and again wound, this happens overnight as well as at any given time during the day. The watch came with a 5 year warranty that at this point seems nonexistent as when we reached out to the company, they directed us to a repair company, "International Watch Service Company" we followed instruction and sent the watch with a required $16.00 for inspection as well as postage.

About a week after the watch 2/27/18 we received an email advising the movement repair would cost $54.95 and nothing would be done until that amount was received. Payment was made over the phone, about 3/20/18 we received the watch with a report of water tightness and that the watch had passed. The very next day time again stopped. There was no repair made just a test performed. The watch still stops arbitrarily. When I contacted Invicta Corp. they refer me to the repair company and so on. Bad warranty, bad warranty company, bad product, bad customer service.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I believe your customer service can improve. It would be nice if the customer service representatives can speak freely rather than sounding like a machine. They memorize their lines well but it’s better to talk to a human being. They sound robotics! Be more human.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have 60 Invicta watches. Watches are good however their customer service cannot be worse. They lie about the warranty. When they say the warranty is for 5 years and now I guess 3 years it is a lie because they do not tell that the warranty is only for the internal moving parts (I guess the movement). They do not cover any manufacturing defects. I had very bad experience with their customer service department. Now I go to a local watch repair shop to get the watches fixed. Their CEO Eyal Lalo does not care.

Original review: July 23, 2018

A great looking and working watch at a reasonable price. I constantly get compliments on my watch. So many people think it’s a Rolex and I wear it every day instead of my 40 year old Rolex, one great watch!

Original review: July 21, 2018

High Style and better than average quality. Owned several through the years and had no problems so far. They have a great selection from fancy to conservative and the Pro Diver Line is my favorite.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Invicta makes Swiss or Asian movement watches. Lots of features and a broad price range depending on where the watch is manufactured or the type of movement. I own several watches of this brand and very pleased with the all the types and movements I own.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I just read the review from the gentleman on the cruise ship and thought that maybe I somehow signed up and wrote a review and forgot about it. The EXACT same thing happened to me. I purchased a Pro Diver 17882. I was told it retailed for $800 but I could get it for the special price of $229. (Same watch sells at Sam's for $110). Within one month the chronograph by the 9 stopped working. I have followed all the push button instructions and it doesn't work. Oh well.

Two days ago the band just fell off. I wrote and called Invicta and was told that for $28 they could diagnose the problem, but not fix the band as that is not included. I told them that is not a warranty. I was nice and I think the gal on the phone agreed it was a ripoff. I told them I would just take it to a watch repair store in town. They seriously said "that will void the warranty" haha. So I took the watch down to a great repairman in my town and he fixed the band, free of charge. I still have the issue with the nonworking chronograph. I have been an owner of Swiss Army, love them, and also have a Nixon but the dial is all black and hard to see time at night. I thought the Invicta looked great and I bought it. Bad decision.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I tripped going up some stairs in the rain and severely damaged the crystal. Some fine diamond paste and elbow grease made the crystal shine. For a 4 year old watch it is still working and looks like new.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I purchased an Invicta Watch on a cruise ship - the watch fell apart the first time it was worn. The watch itself still tells time but looked bad with piece missing. I sent it in with cost of ~30$ plus paying for FedEx shipping. I assumed it was under warranty - but the warranty only covers the internal working parts of the watch - not the appearance. It was 75$ to repair the watch that had only been worn once. Needless to say, the watch itself on the ship cost $120 (supposedly a great discount from the usual price). I learned a lesson - Don't BUY WATCH ON CRUISE SHIP and DON'T BUY INVICTA WATCHES.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have purchased several Invicta watches. 11 total. Only one still works. Every watch has broken, or stopped working at approximately one year! Their watches are great looking, and will catch a lot of eyes! But my Timex has lasted 13 years, and hasn't cost me a penny more. I took the time to place the extended warranties on all my watches. They don't back them. I called the company and spoke to them about the issues. Was told to ship all watches to them, and they would fix them. 1 watch was sent to them, a Venom that I paid over 400.00 for. Cost me 35.00 to ship it, that was 4 months ago, has not been returned. They state they never received it, but I have the signed receipt showing they did get it. Sent them copies, via email, and no response. That was 2.5 months ago. Stay away from this company. I will never purchase another Invicta P.O.S again. That is my experience, and opinion.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Invicta watches for women - I really like the style of the watch. However the quality isn't what the site boasts. First of all it shows how expensive they are but you can get them at such a discount on amazon.com. The reality is for ex: the rose gold watch coating rubs off and the batteries run down in less than 6 months. Would not recommend. Too bad, like I said, love the style, dislike the quality.

Original review: May 10, 2018

My waterproof 200 M 17465 Invicta Reserve Bolt "Twisted Metal" Swiss Quartz Chronograph Strap Watch. This watch rotted away. After 3-4 months gave it back to the store to send back to Switzerland to fix $75 for one side. Five months later when I received it. Bone side fell off, and they tell me this is nothing they can do only send it back and pay $150 for it to break again. And the secondhand keeps falling off. Mine had a warranty from eBay store that sold it. Did not do any good.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I own way too many Invicta watches. These watches were not inexpensive but they are cheap. Cheaply built that is. I bought all my Invicta watches within the last 4 years. 90% of them have issues now. The hands fall off the subdials. The silicone straps dry rot and break. Some movements just plain quit working. The handful of automatic Invictas I have are seldom used but are still working. Invicta in a nutshell - stylish, overpriced, unreliable, and they have a short life span. If you're looking for a watch that lasts about 2 years then Invicta is the brand for you. Stick with the older brands - Seiko and Timex for longevity.

Original review: April 15, 2018

As discussed I contacted Invictawatch.com about their warranty. This is their response. The 28.00 fee covers the evaluation and returns shipping. Now my reply. Under consumer law here you are in fact charging for a warranty claim. A warranty is just that the manufacturer of the item warrants the item for 12 months to be free from defects and will repair or replace the item at there discretion no charge. This is the standard clause regardless of the warranty content. I refer to this because on previous communications with them that have stated the fee is in the warranty booklet.

The argument is based on the fact you are requesting the customer to pay for making a claim and this can be challenged. Furthermore, it can be argued that a warranty book is just that the consumer would refer to it only when making a claim for the purpose of postage information. It could be argued that reference to this booklet would not be needed before making a claim. This matter is still ongoing send your outrage to their website listed above. Thank you.

Updated on 04/21/2018: I have again been in contact with Invicta about their so-called warranty. They still stand by their original nonsense and maintain it as an appraisal return postage charge and is according to the company policy. I have stated to them that company policy has nothing to do with Consumer Affairs and a warranty claim is not chargeable. It is repair or replace. They have now gone silent on this issue.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have never owned an Invicta watch until now. On wearing it daily it has proven to be a good choice. I was somewhat apprehensive after reading some 245 reviews all with a one-star rating. I am not affiliated with this company in any way. I enjoy watches as a hobby. I decided to throw caution to the wind and throw it in a 20-litre bucket of water. I left it there for 30 minutes throwing it from side to side. On retrieving the piece no problems. None. It keeps perfect time and I mean to the minute. The model is the Aviator model 19410. As for their warranty charge I am in discussion with them currently and have mentioned legal action as a way to address this issue. Keep you all posted.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I have several Invicta watches, all purchased through Evine. They're really pretty and unique looking, but I'm really disappointed in the quality. As others have said, and in my humble opinion, their watches aren't durable. The batteries last just about a year, which is a big disappointment for a factory installed battery. I expect such a short life out of a replacement battery, but not from an original. I didn't test the warranty because it's such an ordeal to log in to the website to contact the company, and besides, a battery wouldn't be warranted. All my Invictas are dead, sitting in a jewelry box. I opted for an automatic watch from a different manufacturer and am very pleased with it.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My son received a Invicta watch for Christmas in 2017. He wore it like every other kid does, all the time. When the new year came the date did not change. My husband tried to turn the dial for the date and it broke. I sent the watch in for warranty work. Paid for the shipping which was $18.00. The repair company, International Watch Service Company, called and told me that they do NOT warranty anything that was broken on this watch. To have it fixed it would cost be $200.00. The watch cost $90.00. When I said that's not right and how can they not warranty THEIR defective product. The response for Austin was, "the watch was machined manufactured, we do everything by hand." How can companies sell you a defective item and then not stand by their product? I am so disgusted with BOTH Invicta and International Watch Service Company. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Thank you!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I purchased my watch on 11/25/2016. I own a 22576 vintage men 45 watch. The winder knob popped off and I can't get the watch to work now. I have only worn the watch a few times for special occasions and always put it back in the box for safe keeping. I went to go turn the winder knob and it just popped off. I went to my local Invicta store and they said that I had to send it out and pay for shipping and the repairs. When I contacted the company I got the same response. When I spend a couple hundred dollars on a watch I would expect the warranty would cover things like this. Very disappointed and will never buy one of their crappy watches again.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Without even stepping into the store the manager bombarded me with questions and yelled at her sales associates for not stepping up, calling them names and talking down to them. I tried to explain that I was only looking but she insisted I needed the watches even if I couldn't afford many of them. As I left I heard her say "that is how I deal with poor people."

Original review: March 4, 2018

On 7/18/2015 I purchase a Invicta Reserve 52mm Bolt Zeus Swiss Chronograph Mother of Pearl Men Silvertone watch, it was about $600.00 WATCH. I sent it back last year and had the crown repaired. The whole experience was awful! I was accused of dropping it and that's why they said it broke, which never happened, and then it took 3 months of emailing and calling their repair center and dealing with David **, and another gentleman in Florida. They finally repaired it at no cost, the problem is, the same thing happened again, there is an obvious defect in the manufacturing of this watch that I purchase. When I received the watch back from the repair center, I only adjusted the time once, after a month or so my watch's second hand was stuck in one area of my watch and it was bouncing, I went to adjust the time so I loosened the crown, and it was loose and wobbling like it's going to fall out, like the last time, and it did fall out.

I have a 5 year warranty, and it's amazing how this is not covered according to the repair center. Now I am tired of the watch center of calling me a liar, accusing me of dropping it, this is not the case. I never dropped this watch or banged it on anything, I don't do anything rough when I wear this watch, I collect watches and I take care of my watches, my job is not a physical one meaning that my watch is not in harm's way at work either. I just wear it until I get home then I place it in my drawer. So now I am back to square one with a new contact at Invicta, Bailey ** Int. Watch Service Center | Customer Service & Sales Manager, and again I am getting the runaround, he implied that if I contacted them immediately when this broke again that they would have warrant their first repair, but because I waited a year they won't do anything.

Would you blame me, after my first experience with them, it got to the point where I was tired of looking at my broken watch in my safe every day, and got enough courage to contact them to see if they might do anything. It's been a nightmare to say the least! I asked Bailey ** to bring my watch issue up to his design team, because there is an obvious defect in material for this exact thing to happen twice, and I asked him to escalate this to someone in the company that is higher than him, and he feels it's not necessary because he again is saying that force caused this to happen, or basically he is blaming me for breaking it again, but he can not prove I did it.

I told him that there would be damage to the exterior of the crown showing force, a dent or scratch etc., and he has yet to replay with proof!!! So now they want [Screw Down Crown] [$ 79.95] [Tube] [$ 19.95]. Plus I paid $35.00 to have them give me an estimate, not to mention it cost me $18.55 to ship it back, it makes me wonder if this is what they do to make more money from the consumer, make these watches in a way so they fail, and in return they have another business entity, their repair centers.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I purchased an Invicta watch last year for myself. I have never had a high quality watch before. My mistake was thinking it was high quality. I had the watch for 3 months and had to send it back for repair. All my contact information was in the box. I never heard from them. I finally called them and they told me it would $120.00 to repair my watch. I said it was still under warranty, why would I have to pay? They already cashed the $28.00 dollar check I sent in, they told me that is just to have them look at it. The watch battery needed to be replaced...it was under a year old. Are you kidding me! Also the dollars to put back on. Please think twice about purchasing a watch from this company. I am in now for about $300.00. What a rip-off.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I have purchased many Invicta watches over the years. Recently I had to send two watches in for service, one of which was the day I bought it. The watch that was not even a day old had to go for service because of water damage (it's a dive watch). The other was a year old and needed a new movement. After waiting for the first watch for over a month, they said I need to pay $80 to have it fixed. The other watch I needed to pay $160 for a new movement. I can see if the watch was beat up or something, but there wasn't a scratch on it! I'm wondering why they even offer a warranty, if they aren't going to cover anything?

Invicta Watches Company Information