2.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our US-based member care team is available to assist you Mon-Sun 5am to 10pm PST (8am - 1am EST).

Instant Checkmate is one of the largest Public Records Search Services in the world. Our service operates by aggregating public records from all over the United States. When you run a new search, public records are pulled from multiple data sources, and this information is then compiled and displayed in a single, easy-to-read report.

Our goal is to help users learn the truth about the people in their lives, and reports may include information such as phone numbers, addresses, contact information, previous arrests, criminal convictions, traffic citations, sex offender status, and much more.

Please note that it is prohibited by law to use Instant Checkmate or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or for any other purpose subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq.

Instant Checkmate Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3422 Instant Checkmate Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Next time just make it clear you will be charging more than 4.99. I will not pay more than what your site said. It would be thanks for nothing. I was very dissatisfied with your service and wondered why I was even charged 4.99. Your services helped me with nothing it was a total waste of my time. I hope your service is not charging my card anything extra.

Instant Checkmate response

We apologize for any confusion you may have experienced with our billing system. When a user activates their account, they must provide an electronic signature authorizing Instant Checkmate to charge their card as described, including for the automatic renewal of their membership. A manager from our member care department will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

A+ for the search Options The Advance Search feature with age which it eliminates time, and narrows down your search with best chances of finding that family member. Great Customer service. It's a trial and error finding someone. Do not give up. Continue to search for your loved one.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

It was very informative and thank you, it came in very handy searching out my past schoolmates for our 50 year reunion. Found people I haven't seen in years. Also helped me find an old roommate from 40 yrs. ago. and now will be rejoined with him and my best friend who were dating at the time.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

They draw your interest by taking forever to "collect info" on someone, showing you the slow ticking progress bar, which gives you the illusion that's it's actually gathering in depth info. Which is only a ploy. You can find all the same info on Google. However, that's not my issue. My issue is they steal money from you by disguising what you're paying for. You have to actually scroll to find it and click on their terms of service to see that they actually will continue to bill you every month until you cancel.

The gem of this is this is all before getting to the actual payment screen, they hide this little detail within a link on the pages you click through, on a page that has nothing to do with payment. I'm actually speaking to a lawyer at the moment to look into a lawsuit as their billing method isn't clear and obviously stated at the point of purchase, they charged me well beyond the month I thought I had purchased. Total scam. You go to the site for help, because you've been wronged by someone, and then they in turn take advantage of you. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Information found on myself and others was inaccurate, not up to date. Paid thirty plus dollars for information that can easily be found for free on Google. A waste of time and money. I'd like my money back.

Instant Checkmate response
We're really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on our site. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. This is due to variables like clerical errors, slow processing times, and discrepancies between states over what is considered “public record.” There also exists the possibility of false positives, and more than one individual with the same name and basic information may match up with many other records. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced, and we will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Instant Checkmate Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 30, 2019

I ran 1 search on someone back in November. I never signed up for a subscription to the website. A few months later I noticed a charge from Instant Checkmate. I thought it must be a payment service that is processing a water bill or something like that because I didn't remember what the website was called that I ran the search at. Today, I called the number and found out that this website had been charging me monthly. They offered me a partial refund. Then they tried to short the amount I was being refunded by $6/mo. This website is a scam. Stay away.

Instant Checkmate response
We appreciate your feedback, and we apologize for any confusion you encountered regarding our membership plans and/or billing policies. In order to complete the enrollment process, each user is required to check a box to agree to Instant Checkmate’s billing terms. Instant Checkmate provides all of the billing details to its users before they sign up for our services, and these terms can also be reviewed at any time in our Terms of Use. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: July 21, 2019

Many items are way too general making the reports difficult to search. If you pay for the service you should be able to add more precise detailed data to retain a more thorough report. The dates are overextended and a lot of one's criminal history is as well.

Hi Casee,
Thank you for your feedback and honest review. We’re sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience with the data of your reports. We would love to help you with this issue and hear more feedback. Feel free to call us so that we can fix this for you.

Original review: July 19, 2019

IMO, this is one of the best websites I have found, designed to help lawyers and other people find out more about adversaries and their lawyers, as well as trace the whereabouts of missing heirs, deadbeats and people using aliases.

Instant Checkmate response
That's great news! We're so glad to hear that our service is helping you find the information you need. Thanks so much for the positive feedback and high rating, and if you ever have a question or need assistance with your search, our US-based member care team can be reached directly.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Most information appears accurate. A lot of additional content is inaccurate and not related to the subject search. This could be to throw off searchers who have bad intent, but offensive to the neutral party. When you know what you looking for, all is good,

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your feedback and honest review. We apologize that you were unhappy with some of the information found in your report. We obtain our information from various third-party sources, which may include incorrect or incomplete data. We would love to help you with this issue. Feel free to call us so that we can fix this for you.

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: July 18, 2019

Could not delete inaccurate data in my report. Categories did not advance, so could not delete. Tried, but no luck. Otherwise, info was good. Was easy to navigate. Could try condensing the printed data. 98 pages to print is way too much. Don't need maps, or info on neighbors from 20 years ago. Same with sex offenders in the area. Not necessary. Thanks though for the info provided.

Instant Checkmate response
We’re so happy to hear that our service helped you find what you were looking for. We work really hard to provide relevant and useful information to our users. Sometimes, however, there may be incorrect or inaccurate data that we receive from our sources. Thank you for the positive review and high rating! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Instant Checkmate Company Information