Get Pricing

2. Background Check Companies

4.6/5 (104 ratings)

About Instant Checkmate

Instant Checkmate is a public records search service. All of the information is generated by searching public records from federal, state and county databases and compiling it into a report. You can look up addresses, phone numbers, social media profiles, driving records, arrest records, demographic data and a variety of other information.

Pros

• Unlimited reports with subscription
  • Detailed reports
  • Easy to use
  • Use 30 data points for reports

Cons

• Not a traditional background check
  • Subscriptions automatically renew

Bottom Line

Instant Checkmate searches multiple databases to create an easy-to-read report. Subscriptions come with unlimited reports. All information is public record and cannot be used for employment screenings.

Instant Checkmate Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I was charged for a recurring membership, without my permission. But I called the number when I was notified of this and spoke with Cory and he was so impressive! He handled my case expertly and graciously. He was so kind and understanding.

Hannah

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I only wanted to look up one phone number, but signed up for a monthly account by mistake. Your representative understood my problem and quickly resolved it. She was most courteous and friendly. She was also very helpful in explaining my options. I so appreciated that there was absolutely no pressure for me to keep this account. I feel very confident in using this company again and also recommending it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

The person that helped me was very courteous and immediately took care of my cancellation. I haven't used the account in years and she refunded 6 months of my fees! I did not expect that so it was a nice surprise. Excellent service!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Great option to review personal information and find out if anything is listed that should not have been used for a rental, banking, identity in legal issues or employment situations so that it can be cleared up. Identity theft has become a huge problem in this decade and it is hard to find out about it until too late. This service allows you to search and locate current situations before they get out of control.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Found exactly what I needed in a very short time period! Easy to sign up and get started and even found a few pieces of information I never knew about which was quite helpful in my search! Easy cancellation process as well and excellent customer service.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

The service provides accurate information, as much as is available. The arrangement of categories is helpful. I will use the service again in the future. The cost (subscription) was reasonable with choices. The support staff people are excellent. That's all I have to say. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Instant Checkmate helps me to know more about people that I'm not sure about and who I'm dealing. The people at instant checkmate also helps me to resolve some financial problems that I have and to help me to stay a member with them.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Lisa was accommodating bundling everything together so that I could save some money. She was very professional and kind. I highly recommend calling their service, if you have any questions. I can't thank her enough for helping me to save money.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

The gentleman I spoke with was top notch, I believe his name is Vincent and he lives in SW FLA. He was concise, diligent and extremely courteous. You have a true asset in this gentleman!! He was extraordinarily helpful, calm and collected. Thank you to you both!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Lady did a great job in checking on my account but it still reads the former employee's name. Hoping it will update in 24 hours to the updated account settings. Updated the payment information promptly but wouldn't let me delete the prior employee's information for billing.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

No different than other sites. Got the same results at a lower rate. So many of these out there. Next time I will just do the best I can. I don’t know what else you want me to say but ok I will just keep telling you I was not impressed.

Instant Checkmate response

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with our services. We’re committed to providing our users a great experience, and we’d like to make this right for you. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to see if we can find a satisfactory resolution for you.

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I was pleasantly surprised by the thoroughness and highly informative results produced from with this search. I was able to review and find out everything I needed (even though I didn't expect to). I will definitely use this service as I am sure I will need to do so again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Some of the Report I did not understand. The term of the word in the report were abbreviate. No police reports. No court. One of the main thing that I were looking were not there. Had some good information, but corresponding date did not match.

Hi Ivey,

We understand how frustrating it can be when you cannot find the information that you were looking for. We work really hard to provide relevant and useful information to our users. Sometimes, however, there may be incorrect or inaccurate data that we receive from our sources. If there’s anything we can do to better your experience, please let us know!

TruthFinder Support

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

My Customer Service Rep. was very helpful and knew her job very well. Very pleasant to talk to. She did a excellent job, Need more workers like her. Very dedicated. Did not want to hurry over the conversation to get done. She was definitely an asset to your company.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Aaron (sp?) was very helpful in answering my questions and helping me with my account. Very patient and extremely polite which makes for comfortable phone interaction. Thank-you! I will be sure to recommend Instant Checkmate to my colleagues and friends. Keep great employees on to help with such problems.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Great service by kind, knowledgeable and courteous staff. Thanks. It was a pleasure securing your service and when I need this type of service again I will contact your kind, knowledgeable and courteous staff for assistance. Thanks again and again and again and again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

We would like to thank Angela for her help getting our account canceled today. We had already put in a request for cancelation that somehow didn't process but Angela was so helpful and made sure it was taken care of.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

She was very nice, professional and helpful about assisting me with my account. She was not rude and did a great job at answering my questions. I would definitely recommend people for this service as it helped me find out information I wanted to know.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I felt the flat rate information was too basic. The information was incomplete and outdated. More money was required to get details. I felt deceived by the way the service marketed the product. It was not stated you needed to pay more than the original amount to get the detailed information. It was like being baited to keep paying more.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Great encounter! She was knowledgeable and helpful with a tech ignorant old man who talked too much and kept her on the phone too long... My handset actually lost power... She is truly a great customer service pro... Give her two raises and a great thanks and a hug from William... truly.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Agent Aaron was TERRIFIC!! Very helpful and informative!! I of course ran my own check first. I am shocked to see that someone named William ** is listed as my Associate?? Who is this person?? I don’t know anyone by this name and never have either!! Am I being pranked??

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

She was very professional and help me navigate the cancellation. I would highly recommend her to a higher positions. I do like your site but they didn't know about the reoccurring charges and it didn't seem clear.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Was very pleased to be able to find out information about my maternal grandmother. It was very important to me because My granddaughter got married and she get my grandmother's Cedar chest, and I wanted to know who it came from, with info on her great great grandmother and a picture, as my granddaughter was not born when her great great grandmother was alive. Thank you again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Catherine was superior and it was refreshing to have someone who cared and was a pro. I was able to not only get the answer to my question she gave me insight as to how to get additional value from my plan.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I was immediately able to receive the information I was seeking. Within the month I knew I didn't need to run another report. By calling 800-222-8985, with my email address, I was able to quickly end my subscription with an immediate email confirming such.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

They keep their word on helping you with the information you're looking for and the website very easy to use. Their information is organized. I learned things I didn't expect to know. It made me know more about that person in a great way.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Info supplied by Checkmate so spotty and inconclusive. Basically there was a print out of pedophiles with pictures not the purpose of my search. Very disappointed. I have used other background services and this one was so lacking in any useful content. No info on work history or marital status.

Instant Checkmate response

We’re sorry you didn’t find the information you were looking for. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I was able to locate family members with that I had lost contact with. Even with many different people with the same names, I was able to identify the person that I wanted to find. Instant Checkmate has been a very helpful service. Thank you, Checkmate!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I only authorized a minimum payment of one month. I recently discovered that this billing continued for many months. Customer service would not refund those unauthorized payments. If I inadvertently signed up for continued monthly service it was not obvious.

Instant Checkmate response

We appreciate your feedback regarding our billing system. When a user activates their account, they must provide an electronic signature authorizing Instant Checkmate to charge their card as described, including for the automatic renewal of their membership. A manager from our member care department will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Pro online very helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks for the confirmation number by email. Fast too! Good company. Can't thank you enough. Very happy. I thought I was going to have to wait a long time. PS. Excellent customer service.

Instant Checkmate Company Information