4.2/5 (38 ratings)

About Instant Checkmate

Instant Checkmate is one of the leading public records search tools on the internet, providing instant access to millions of documents. Instant Checkmate’s information is generated by searching public records that include federal, state, and county databases and compiling them all into one report. Users can look up addresses, phone numbers, social media profiles, driving records, arrest records and more. Just enter a name and state to start your search.

Pros

• Unlimited reports with subscription
  • Detailed reports
  • Easy to use
  • Use 30 data points for reports

Cons

• Not a traditional background check
  • Subscriptions automatically renew

Bottom Line

Instant Checkmate searches multiple databases to create an easy-to-read report. Subscriptions come with unlimited reports. All information is public record and cannot be used for employment screenings.

Instant Checkmate Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Phyllis did a fantastic job handling my account. My hats off to her, she was an absolute pro. The company should be proud to have an employee like her. It was a real pleasure dealing with her. I may, at a later date, re-subscribe to Instant Checkmate, as I believe it is a worthy service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Will never use this service again. Does not give enough info. Everything provided can be found thru public records. Just a scam to take people's money. Horrible product, I hope the truth gets out about this bad product. Word will get around and anyone associated with this should be ashamed. This is a shame.

Dear Jonah,

We’re sorry you didn’t find the information you were looking for. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Happy to know that I wasn't able to find anything out about my partner, so, I guess, I was just worried for nothing, I'm glad I was able to use Checkmate so find history of my boyfriend. Excellent service....

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was able to locate the individuals for whom I searched. Great service, extremely thorough and great outcomes on all accounts! I was able to, in one case, reconnect my friend with his sister with whom he had not seen in over thirty years!! Thank you, so much, for helping me bring their family back together!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

Professional, knowledgeable, efficient, and patient customer service representative guided me through all the steps to activate my new subscription. She also alerted me to the current special promotion for bundled services at a great monthly price, making me another happy customer!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

My Aunt and godmother has been “missing” from view because of a cousin so I needed help in locating them. I found what I needed quickly and was able to send a letter to them after almost a decade! Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Did a background check on a person and it was revealed to me from her history...it was a bad decision to continue the relationship. Thank you very much for helping me. I would recommend your service to anyone who is concerned.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I signed up hoping to be able to do some quick background checks on our employees but after signing up, I noticed it wasn't for use by employers. That's fine - I should have been aware of that but didn't do my homework. However, to start with I did do a background check on myself and was amazed at how many people it associated me with. People that purchased my house 20+years ago. Why would they be in my background check? I do not even know them. Then I downloaded the file as a PDF and was charged 3.99. Nowhere did I agree to pay for a PDF download. I called and canceled. I guess we will see how hard it is to get out of the monthly fee. I won't be back for sure.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

So very pleased with the assistance this young man gave me. I was also, impressed with his professionalism and patience, as I was overwhelmed with the unsurmountable information necessary to get the answers I was looking for. Have they got the answers!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Overall good information but it will be more efficient if phone number was available for searching more data. I will consider using your company again in the near future if the benefits of its membership improves. As A business owner I always use this type of service for the safety of my business as well as my clientele. I hope your services keep improving.

Instant Checkmate response

Thank you for taking the time to provide information regarding your experience with Instant Checkmate! We are constantly striving to adapt and improve our service so feedback from our customers is important and highly valued here at Instant Checkmate.

We gather our information from numerous public sources. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. Additionally, we do want to point out the fact that using our services for any business-related purposes is against our terms of use. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

There was enough found to warrant a peaceful mind and what is and what is not. Just used the service as a verification of thoughts and and actions of another that I felt warranted verification. Thank you for your service.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

I was able to use the service for a short time and it definitely met my needs. Most importantly, when I called to cancel, the Representative was friendly and agreeable without badgering me to continue. I appreciated being treated with such respect.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Although the person I was checking up on was not found the information I input confirmed that he was a scammer. Stupidly, I drove to his supposed location only to find out that he didn't live there and wasn't even known. Ladies, please be careful and use all the resources available including Checkmate. It will save your heartache and mostly money!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

You located for us personal data about a person who we were acquainted with in Dallas, Texas in the mid 1980s. Your successful search led us to the County Courthouse of Dallas, Texas, from where we were able to acquire a copy of a marriage certificate. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Service in getting the information I needed was great! I would use them again. User friendly, quick and easy. No problem finding all information. Very easy to read and all the contacts was just as I thought it would be. Very happy!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I was happy with the service, but do not have the need to use regularly. I appreciate the ease and helpfulness of staff to cancel my account. Thank you for your service and courtesy. If I need your services in the future, I will certainly call you again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

It's a great service to have if you need questions answered about people! I recommend this service to other people and private businesses. I only canceled because I felt I did not need the service any longer! If you want to know more about this service please contact them at their customer service number!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

The information I obtained was very good/accurate. I had been wondering about this person for a long time. When I was ready to cancel my subscription, the Customer Service was excellent. The representative was capable and friendly. I would use them again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Personnel was very polite and professional. Site has good and bad things on it. Seems to lack in some information, could be better. I believe with so much information out there should have more. Want more info you have to pay more which I believe is a ripoff, you are paying for information not to be sent to other sites for more information on the same person you are asking about.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I was greeted with courtesy and professionalism. I have not used the service recently and was unaware that my subscription was continuing after one use. My cancellation was easy and the refund of my current premium was a pleasant surprise. Your customer service is excellent. I highly recommend Instant Checkmate.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I would like to thank you for your service. I was needing to check out a person who wanted to date me. It was good to see that what he had said was somewhat true. I would recommend to any friend who was needing this type of service. It was extremely helpful to me. If I need this type of service again. I will use you again.

Kathy **

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I called Instant Check to cancel my account. Sandra was very helpful in canceling my account. She also found other accounts I was unaware of and gave me a refund. I would recommend Instant Check to others. I've had good luck finding people.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I used this service for only one party. I canceled it in the first 30 days. I have been billed twice so I called and spoke to a a very nice young lady who took care of giving me a refund for 2 months. Refunds showed up in less than an hour. You have a great company and The best customer service. Will use again if needed. Pete

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Called regarding a charge - David was my representative and he was polite, knowledgeable, and professional. He was focused on my challenge and did his utmost to solve the issue. In a world where customer service is severely lacking, he was truly a bright spot and did an excellent job. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I needed to check my own background prior to a job application. Everything worked great, except that I forgot to cancel my service. A month later I remembered, and called to cancel. The lady who answered the phone (Kathy?) was very helpful and gladly canceled my subscription, with no attempt to upsell. I appreciate the quick and efficient service. If I every need this type of service again, this is who I will contact.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I was auto billed for a long time w/o realizing it. I believe I only used the service once, around 18 months ago. So I’ve essentially been paying for something I did not use but your service department was easy to cancel with and was very helpful.

Instant Checkmate response

We’re sorry that you were unhappy with our billing system. Instant Checkmate provides all of the billing details to its users before they sign up for our services, and these terms can also be reviewed at any time in our Terms of Use. If you have any questions regarding our billing system, please contact the Customer Support team at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I was quite disappointed with the quality of information available. I already knew everything in my search file so it was a waste of time and money. Anyway I cancelled my subscription to your service. I have decided to never use any service like this again. Can't afford to waste money or time like that.

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Your representative exceeded my expectations. There was no wait time to speak with a REAL person who not only knew her product but also exhibited an A++++ rating for customer interaction. In the space of 3 minutes went from prepping for a fight to being willing to recommend/suggesting your company to anyone who asks.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

David was compassionate and seemed to care by issuing me a refund for a service that I was unaware that I signed up for. How wonderful! I will use or recommend your service in the future if the need arises!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Easy to use for someone that's not computer techy, found accurate information, and will use again when the time is needed. The trial cost well worth it, and very easy to cancel. Erica the representative was very pleasant to talk to when canceling.

Instant Checkmate Company Information