2. Background Check Companies
Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.33/5

Instant Checkmate is a public records search service. All of the information is generated by searching public records from federal, state and county databases and compiling it into a report. You can look up addresses, phone numbers, social media profiles, driving records, arrest records, demographic data and a variety of other information.

Instant Checkmate Gallery (5)
Instant Checkmate Get Pricing

Instant Checkmate Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Original review: July 29, 2020

The associate helping me cancel my subscription was very helpful. She didn't try to talk me out of it or upsell me. She was also able to refund my last payment. The information that I received while I used it was invaluable.

Original review: July 27, 2020

While, the only issue that wasn't accurate was active phone number, everything else was 100% correct. It was simple to navigate the website. And calling to ask a billing question to customer service, my question was answered and handled efficiently, and a resolution was given quickly.

Original review: July 24, 2020

One click on this website and they will follow you FOREVER with annoying pop-ups! Support has been zero help to get rid of it... happening for MONTHS! All I wanted was someone's mailing address and didn't even get it!

Instant Checkmate response

We’re sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience with Instant Checkmate. You opted in to receive push notifications by clicking “Allow” when prompted on our website.

In order to stop receiving these notifications, follow these steps:
Go to www.instantcheckmate.com/unsubscribe
Your current subscription status will state "Subscribed" or "Not Subscribed"
If subscribed, click the green “Unsubscribe” button to stop receiving push notifications from Instant Checkmate
You can also learn how to do this here: https://www.instantcheckmate.help/disable-push-notifications/
If you are receiving push notifications, but you are “Not Subscribed,” there’s an easy explanation: You allowed push notifications while you were using a different browser and device, like Safari on your mobile phone. Please use the correct browser and device to unsubscribe from Instant Checkmate push notifications.

Our Customer Support Team can be reached directly at 1-800-222-8985 or via email at support@instantcheckmate.com. We are available to assist you during regular business hours, Mon-Sun 5am - 10pm PST (8am - 1am EST).

Customer Support

Instant Checkmate

Original review: July 22, 2020

The rep was very polite, nice and professional. I could see her smile through the phone. Her customer service skills were wonderful and we need more kind people like her on the receiving end for customer care. Great Job!?

Original review: July 15, 2020

I called in and asked to have subscription cancelled, it was fast, and representative was very courteous, she could not have been more helpful. I did not realize I had been paying a monthly fee and thought I would have to argue to get cancelled but certainly did not!

Original review: July 14, 2020

Was looking for a few different things that weren’t showing up. I was also looking for social media accounts under a different alias that didn’t show up. Already knew what was showed, was just looking for something different.

Instant Checkmate response
We’re sorry you didn’t find the information you were looking for. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: July 13, 2020

My old email address was used to open an account and investigate myself in 2017. I am disabled and do not work, why would I investigate myself. My husband realized this charge on my card and I did not recognize it. We called and were told what is was, that it was never used since activated but being charged monthly. They closed the account but said they would only return 12 months. Asked why only 12 months and the answer was, that is how far our system allows. How can a legitimate company acknowledging what has happened cannot return the full amount. Taking $$ from someone on SSDI, does not make a company trustworthy.

Instant Checkmate response
We apologize for any confusion you may have experienced with our billing system. When a user activates their account, they must provide an electronic signature authorizing Instant Checkmate to charge their card as described, including for the automatic renewal of their membership. A manager from our member care department will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: July 10, 2020

Instant Checkmate representative was EXCELLENT. He's a KEEPER! Took charge to resolve billing issue. Very professional, efficient, cordial. Followed up with action confirmation. Quality performance that translated to favorable reputation of service his employer provides. Would recommend as ethical company.

Original review: July 9, 2020

The operator that helps me was extremely kind and courteous. Also very fast and efficient. She put me at ease while helping me fix the issue I was having a problem with. I would recommend your customer service to anyone as I had a very positive experience. Thank you.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Billing. Jacob, was very nice and took care of the problem. Look in to usage and projected refund date. He was very upbeat and pleasant to work with. I am not really sure what else to say about this call. I hope of you Customer services are equally as nice. Have a great day. Have a great week. Have a great year.

Instant Checkmate Company Information