4.02/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our US-based member care team is available to assist you Mon-Sun 5am to 10pm PST (8am - 1am EST).

Instant Checkmate is one of the largest Public Records Search Services in the world. Our service operates by aggregating public records from all over the United States. When you run a new search, public records are pulled from multiple data sources, and this information is then compiled and displayed in a single, easy-to-read report.

Our goal is to help users learn the truth about the people in their lives, and reports may include information such as phone numbers, addresses, contact information, previous arrests, criminal convictions, traffic citations, sex offender status, and much more.

Please note that it is prohibited by law to use Instant Checkmate or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or for any other purpose subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq.

Instant Checkmate Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Instant Checkmate Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Spoke with Nick, who compassionately took care of the problem I had. I am not great at writing reviews but if all of the employees at this company are as kind and helpful as Nick....that says a lot about this company. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I needed to use your service in the first month and it worked well. I noticed that your company was continuing to debit my account after I thought that I had cancelled the service. When I called customer service and spoke with Nick, he was great. He looked at the account, noted I had only used it in the first month and cancelled the account retroactively. Much appreciated and I would definitely use your company in the future.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I called on the phone for assistance. I didn't have to wait long as Le ** (I think was her name), your customer service agent, I spoke with was helpful, skilled at explanation of product and helped me better understand the reports. Your product was decent and fair given the money.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Received credit card statement yesterday & saw that we were charged twice for the same thing. The gentleman I talked to was exceptionally friendly and immediately took care of the situation with no issues whatsoever. Great Job and customer service. Didn't even have to ask to be credited - he had already done it before I even got to that point.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Unlike every other service of this type I have tried, this one actually found the people I was looking for, and gave me enough information before I signed up to let me know my first search was indeed the person I was looking for. My only objection is the cost. I understand that to provide all of the information they provide is costly, it is just out of my price range for a long term subscription.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Great service. Would highly recommend. Good amount of information received. Better than expected. Online personnel very helpful. Would sign up again if I find that I need to. Thank you. Will definitely recommend this service to my friends and family members.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I decided to cancel my service again, (I'm an on again/off again customer) and the agent I spoke with was polite and informative. I used some of the other background check services and comparatively speaking Checkmate has the best Customer Service.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Just when you've lost all hope of ever finding a business with that good old fashioned customer care service OUT of the Blue steps a company called CHECKMATE - EXCELLENT! Maryanne was delightful, professional, courteous, and very helpful I certainly recommend them! Thank You!...

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Excellent customer service when my debit card wouldn't work to reactivate my account. When I called the 800 number, your customer service representative was able to figure out the problem and was able to reactivate my account using a different card number.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Best money I ever spent. Would definitely use this site again if I needed it!!! It gave me all the information I needed and was very accurate. It is very easy to use and has a great source of information.

Instant Checkmate Company Information