2. Background Check Companies
Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.29/5

Our US-based member care team is available to assist you Mon-Sun 5am to 10pm PST (8am - 1am EST).

Instant Checkmate is one of the largest Public Records Search Services in the world. Our service operates by aggregating public records from all over the United States. When you run a new search, public records are pulled from multiple data sources, and this information is then compiled and displayed in a single, easy-to-read report.

Our goal is to help users learn the truth about the people in their lives, and reports may include information such as phone numbers, addresses, contact information, previous arrests, criminal convictions, traffic citations, sex offender status, and much more.

Please note that it is prohibited by law to use Instant Checkmate or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or for any other purpose subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq.

Instant Checkmate Gallery (5)
View More View More
Instant Checkmate Get Pricing

Instant Checkmate Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 23, 2020

I was sent an email saying for 13 dollars I can get 30 days free. After one search I was cut off. Now they want 39 dollars and you have to pay for email check and extra for phone check and you will get charged 39 dollars a few times a month and also a dollar about ten time out of billing cycle. And after you call and tell them cancel you will still get charged. Do not get sucked into their scam and half of info is not correct so you can’t get a positive reading. All Bad. If you want a good site go to People Whiz. It very accurate. You pay one time a month. It’s free phone, emails. I tried everyone of these sites and they all suck except people whiz. Robert

Instant Checkmate response
We apologize for any confusion you may have experienced with our billing system. When a user activates their account, they must provide an electronic signature authorizing Instant Checkmate to charge their card as described, including for the automatic renewal of their membership. A manager from our member care department will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Sincerely,

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: May 18, 2020

I have never felt so unsafe in my life with scammers who claim to be one and they are not. Instant Checkmate helped me tremendously to remove those who are not legitimate and are only scammers. Thank you guys. I feel much safer this way with your verifications.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Checkmate does what it advertises - reveals otherwise difficult to obtain information about individuals. We found it useful recently when a home inspector gave misleading information about a home we were selling - checkmate revealed numerous problems with the individual, including tax evasion and other unhappy clients.

Original review: May 15, 2020

My call assistant Jake was very helpful in refunding me my money after confusing small print lead to me purchasing a plan I didn’t need or use. I appreciate the help and that there was only about a minute wait time.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Always helpful for whatever I have been looking for. Also very accommodating on the telephone. They try every way to help in your needs as a customer. Also have been very lucky in finding the correct information I have been looking for in a long time. I would recommend to my friends and family anytime.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Original review: May 1, 2020

Overall I was very satisfied with your service. I was able to locate the majority of the people I needed to find. If I ever decide to return to the service I was engaged in I wouldn't hesitate to use Instant Checkmate again.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I use Instant Checkmate to get contact info and to determine if a person should be safe to meet alone. Not sure if I should rely on it so much for the latter, but it works good for the former. Been subscribed for several years. Never tried another system.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Always very pleased with results from your website. I cant recall a time where I didn't find the info I was looking for, nationwide. Thanks for being there for a go to and helping me make educated business decisions with your information.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I've had good results with the service and customer service. A little pricey compared to others but it is worth trying to see if it meets your needs. When it comes to cost one has to balance a recurring monthly charge vs. only paying for it when you need it.

Original review: March 29, 2020

I am not necessarily answering these surveys in the order received. This is the 3rd one so I ask that you review the two previous surveys. The Customer Service Agents were very good and it was great that they were able to work from home and provide excellent service. Refer for good customer service: Yes! Having to call Customer Service: No.

Instant Checkmate Company Information