2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Gap Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Gap is my go to for casual wear, there are many times when I will buy a complete outfit on the way to a function/party. The problem I have with Gap is the quality of the clothing versus the cost. But the variety and easy of purchase outweigh the negative.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The Gap is great for basics like tees, sweaters, jeans. The fit is good and the prices are reasonable. I also shop for children's and toddler's clothes for my grandchildren there. The children's clothes are adorable but a little on the expensive side. That said, Gap has great sales.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The Gap has great jeans at a reasonable price and their styles and cuts are very versatile. And the quality is great. The jeans and t-shirts that I have purchase last for years. Let's just say that I outgrow them before they start to wear. I like that because my weight fluctuates and when I am able to fit back into them they look great and can still be worn. Because I am on a budget, I would like it better if they had coupons on a regular basis that I could utilize when I want to shop instead of having to wait for something to go on sale or clearances.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

The variety is small but the quality makes up for it in the end. The clothing cost are reasonable. I really like the overall style for casual wear that has some accented urban wear tones within some of their high end pieces. I appreciate the choice of accessories available allowing me to complete an outfit without having to journey to another store which allows the buyer to stay coordinated within one brand from head to toe.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Good quality garments for price and with proper use, they'll keep the shaps and forms like the new. One of the problem is the selection of the products is limited. Color selections are limited as well. I wish they had more store specially in Ventura County.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

>5 hours on the phone as company messed up order. Csrs are rude. Hang up, transfer you without informing you. As a shareholder and a now previous customer I am utterly upset and quite frankly their ceo does not deserve his compensation. I will speak to that in the next shareholders meeting. I urge people to go to H&M or other companies.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

It took 3 phone calls totaling about 90 minutes to get my refund after they made a mistake and twice sent me something I did not order. I ordered a t-shirt for my 9-year-old kid; instead, they sent a pair of baby shoes. When I asked them to arrange a UPS pickup (like Amazon does), they said I would have to drive to a UPS store and drop it off... even though this was their mistake! Wow. Then they sent another pair of baby shoes the week later. I called to request the refund again, and they said it was taken care of: I got an email saying the refund was processed, but the money never came. So I called them for the 3rd time... each call was over 30 minutes long. Unbelievable.

They don't get the very basic concept of "take care of the customer, make it right, and move on"... There is no way they should be paying their customer service people for 90 minutes of wages to take care of a transaction that earns the company $0. So, everyone loses in the end. My kid never got what I ordered. I wasted a ton of time getting the refund handled. Gap lost money on a sale AND a customer for life. Pathetic.

Original review: July 21, 2020

This is the worst customer service and clothing store I have ever had. First, I ordered $ 300 worth of clothes and 75% of them were canceled due to a backorder which was not showing on their website when I ordered. No one also contacted me to let me know that almost my entire order was canceled. Adding to that the refund was wrong, I had to contact them to get the correct amount for the refund.

Also, my order took 2 MONTHS to get here. After 5 emails I sent them asking for a prepaid shipping label because the website wouldn't allow me to print one for some unknown reason, I got an automatic email saying they don't could not help me with my request due to high call volume. So at the end of the day 75% of my order was canceled and what I received that didn't match correctly I'm not getting a refund because they are too busy. This is by far the worst customer service ever. I understand we are in a Covid-19 situation, but a big company like this shouldn't offer customer service like this, especially when on the news they said they made a money tone when Covid-19. WILL.NEVER.BUY.GAP.ANYMORE.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Orderd 4 items online. One item was the wrong item, wrong size, wrong color - clearly they sent the wrong thing. I cannot reach anyone by phone or chat to get a return label - I should not have to pay to return the item or have the right one shipped to me. The website says they are too busy to have anyone chat, and the phone recording says they are too busy to answer. I have been trying for 10 days. Who do I contact for a return. They also own Athleta. I receive a refund on an item I had sent back 3 months ago and am waiting for 2 other items returned several weeks ago. I am wondering if they have gone out of business and left consumer hanging.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Is Gap even in business? I’ve asked myself this question numerous times over the past 7 weeks as I wait for Gap to refund my money on the order I returned. My emails go unanswered and after several calls where I was placed on hold for over an hour each time, I’m ready to concede I’ll never see my money again. I will never buy from this company again. Covid or not, this is by far the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Shame on you Gap!

Gap Company Information