3.70/5

167 Gap Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 28, 2019

Very highly customer service, especially Jessica at Bayview Vil. I received through my email an extra discount of 25%, but I couldn't use it in this specific period of time, so when I am buying 2 shorts I asked Jessica if I can use this discount, she didn't let me down. I am impressed. Service excellent. George

Original review: July 11, 2019

I went into the Gap in the Sawgrass Mall in Sunrise, FL. There were several ladies in The Gap that were not helpful. I just wanted a few things for my daughter. Everyone ignored me. There were a few Spanish ladies that asked if I wanted to open a card. They didn’t ask how my day was or if I needed assistance. It was not until I got to the register that the young lady asked me if I was having a good day. She asked if I was helped. She rang up my stuff and listened to me talk. Once she was almost done she asked if opening a card would a good idea and all about the discounts if I got a rewards card instead. I couldn’t apply because my credit isn’t great. She empathized. She even made me laugh. I asked her name because I wanted to write a review. She almost didn’t give me her name. Anisa changed my mood. Anisa was a joy. Good shopping experience!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I accidentally put in my old address on my order and tried calling in to change my address. I was told that they would do everything possible to cancel out my order and if my order did ship out and wasn't cancelled then I'd be able to call back after my first promised delivery time. Sure enough it was shipped to my old address and when I called back they DID refund my shipping. They also placed a new order for me and waived my shipping even though it was my fault I input my old address and even gave me 10% off for the inconvenience.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I made a large order online, and for the most part, received my full order. However, I ordered a pair of black loafers and instead received a pair of blue sneakers not in my size (and I believe from Athletica). When I called customer service for help about receiving an incorrect item, I talked with a (very very nice) guy who although tried being helpful either reflected Gap's policy poorly or Gap's policy is very shady. They told me I would have to re-buy the shoes I originally ordered and then if I return the sneakers I will be reimbursed for them.

This is super shady because LEGALLY if they send me the incorrect item they are LEGALLY required to either 1) send me the item I ordered or 2) refund me in full for that item with shipping. Eventually they went with option 2 but only after I had to do some *heavy* complaining. I shouldn't have to be a ** to exert my legal rights as a consumer. Basically, Gap was trying to put their mistake on me and tried talking me into giving up my legal rights. Very shady in my opinion.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I can see that over 70% of the reviews are bad on Trustpilot. This is not surprising as Gap have no respect for their loyal customers either. I have been buying Gap clothes for over 25 years now and recently bought three pairs of pyjamas worth £44. Unfortunately due to defective materials the garments have shrunk despite following correct washing instructions. When I wrote an email to their CEO Mr. Peck firstly he doesn’t believe in replying to customers directly, as he feels customers are not that important and he is beyond customer status. This is a guy is paid millions of dollars in salaries and bonus yet takes customers for granted. Eventually I got a reply from a disrespectful member of team who was only blowing Gap's trumpet in how good there are, and asked me to take the clothes to a Gap store.

Even though I had bought the garments online and supplied pictures which don’t lie I was basically told to get lost in the usual Gap language. I use to spend over £1000 per annum, but for sake of £44 these amateurish organisations behaved in an abhorrent way towards me, despite supplying proof with pictures. I would never buy from these cowboys again. Beware as they do NOT appreciate loyalty and should you experience any faults with your garments, they will tell you to go for a ride. Avoid buying from them is the only way to hurt these cowboys as they are taking customers for a ride in this abhorrent way. Shrunk garments refusal for a refund or exchange is theft and a con on the part of Gap. This is an American company that had no respect for European customers. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?

Original review: May 27, 2019

I was so excited to find some great options for this coming summer at reduced prices. I had an extensive order of several things. However, a few days after I placed my order, I got an email that my entire order had been cancelled. No issue with payment, not notification other than the cancellation had already taken place. They did mention an option to reorder my things by calling Customer Service. I shop almost 100% online and have never had such a negative experience. Stay away - read all the negative experiences people have had. It's not worth your rise in blood pressure! Plenty other fabulous companies that understand and provide customer service.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Customer service experience was horrible! Wish I could give 0 stars! I placed an order for 4 items but only received 3. Contacted customer service to find out what was going on and the rep acted so nonchalant about the entire situation. I mean like I ordered like almost 7 days ago. This was someone’s Christmas gift!!! The rep then asked me what would I like for her to do?! Really! I nicely said, "Ok so you’re the rep, you tell me what you can do! I do not work for Gap!" Just rude as ever! I am so done with the Gap! I spend my hard earned money and this is the treatment I get! Ok I’m out! Keep your job and brand with that attitude! I can purchase other branded names of clothing! ✌???

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

On 12/3/18 I ordered 5 clothing items to be delivered for Christmas as a gift for my Godson who lives in another state. On 12/14/18 his mother informed me 3 items were received. Great. I check online to see what was up with other two items and I see a status of expected delivery 12/21/18. So on 12/21/18 I called customer service because the items weren't there. I was told that these items could never be filled as they were "out of stock" and they would reverse the charges for me. That's it. No other offer to make up for what just happened.

I ordered early enough, so someone should've at least had the courtesy to contact me by phone, email or something. This is bad business practice. It was too late to have something else delivered and the manager said, yup, nothing I can do for you. It may be a scam for them to charge for items, but never deliver them (especialy gifts) unless you follow up with them. I will not be shopping with this business again and advise others to watch online gift orders to make sure they are actually delivered.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I bought a pair of Jeans at $70. Thinking I'm buying a quality product. I always thought by buying from a brand name company their product would be durable and lasting plus attractive. Even though I would love to write an essay about this because my last review actually made a Walmart in Westchester County to close. So I will conclude my review that the Jeans I bought after a year of wearing them only on weekends if not at all was the zipper broke off. I was getting dressed and about to put my zipper up on my jeans and the zipper came off. I felt ripped off after spending $70 on them. I tried getting them fixed at a tailor and he said it would cost $30 dollars to fix them. I felt horrible to know that a company as the Gap would make their products cheaply made. I fixed my problem everytime I walk by the Gap and I'm tempted to enter especially with their 50% off sales currently having. I think back on this and remind myself not to enter the Gap and waste my time.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Worst shopping experience with GAP! It was my first time shopping in GAP and worst ever experience. I ordered on Nov 23th, 2018. Ordered total 18 items and checked with GAP customer care on Dec 5th, 2018 for confirmation of delivery by Dec 11, 2018. After waiting for delivery until Dec 13th, 2018, I called GAP customer care and came to know that UPS is returning the package to GAP and UPS tracking number is not provided to me. When I connected with UPS for package, they were looking for UPS tracking number which is not provided to me by GAP. It’s really frustrating to coordinate with GAP and UPS for delivery of shipment. I have been forced to cancel the order. Never recommend anyone to use GAP products because of worst service experience!

Gap Company Information