2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Gap Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I placed my orders with Gap on Dec 7th. They didn't even process the order until the 13th I was told and my Christmas gifts for my children will not arrive until Dec. 28, if they are not delayed again. I will return everything once it arrives, since I have to go out and shop again. I will never order from them again and hope that they are one of the stores that does not survive the pandemic.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Placed two orders with Gap for Christmas gifts the first one was broken down into two shipments one package arrived, the other a $50 gift card got lost at the USPS post office in Los Angeles CA. After contacting GAP waiting for it to scan and it did not they finally refunded my money and then wanted me purchase another one online I refused I will buy it at the store and then I will mail it myself so I can make sure it gets there. I am waiting right now for GAP to process the refund then I will have to wait for my bank to post it!!

A couple days after the first order I placed a second order and had it shipped to me. The next day I got an email with the tracking number it said the package would be delivered yesterday. Last night after the package didn't arrive I checked the tracking and it showed UPS was still waiting for it!! This morning I called and was told they showed it was to be delivered today (their website says they were calculating a delivery date once UPS got the item). I was told to wait till next Friday if it hadn't arrived for me to call back and they would issue a refund!!

I am lucky I can afford to wait but with people out work due to Covid they might not have $100 or even $25 extra. And what if this is their whole Christmas tell them to wait till Friday and then wait 3-5 business days or more for them to process the refund and then the bank to post it!! By then Christmas is over and some families may have the Christmas that never was thanks to GAP!! I for one will never buy anything online from Gap.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I have had and used a Gap Credit Card for many years. They give you Gap Reward $ and Gap Cash $. Also at times free shipping when order has reached monetary amount. I have had experienced several scams with these things. Whenever I place online order and tried to use Reward Cash$ or Gap Cash$ order would automatically process without allowing me to enter the codes. Also when placing orders and I tried to get free shipping it would stay on $7.00 shipping charge. Also whether shipping was free or I paid for it to expedite or couldn’t get out of free shipping choice, it took over 10 days to receive the merchandise. Recently I called to cancel order 1 minute after placing cause I wanted to use $100 Gap Cash and they refused to cancel. This is a SCAM.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I have been shopping at GAP for years. I called 11/30/20 about tracking my package. The customers rep. could barely speak English. I had to ask him multiple times to slow down and repeat what he said. I was already upset that GAP or my post office could not find my package. Then to talk to someone who could not speak English well was truly infuriating! AND to make matters worse he kept saying my package was at local post office! I went to post office and THEY DO NOT HAVE IT! They have pre shipping information but not the package. Whoever is running GAP is very incompetent!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I was told to call this number to get points from my purchase. I Called number given to me after 20 minutes & 3 times on hold. Was told I couldn’t get my points because it was supposed to be done at time of sale. Very disappointed with the confusion & I lose out. Thought Gap would better train their employees.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

>5 hours on the phone as company messed up order. Csrs are rude. Hang up, transfer you without informing you. As a shareholder and a now previous customer I am utterly upset and quite frankly their ceo does not deserve his compensation. I will speak to that in the next shareholders meeting. I urge people to go to H&M or other companies.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

It took 3 phone calls totaling about 90 minutes to get my refund after they made a mistake and twice sent me something I did not order. I ordered a t-shirt for my 9-year-old kid; instead, they sent a pair of baby shoes. When I asked them to arrange a UPS pickup (like Amazon does), they said I would have to drive to a UPS store and drop it off... even though this was their mistake! Wow. Then they sent another pair of baby shoes the week later. I called to request the refund again, and they said it was taken care of: I got an email saying the refund was processed, but the money never came. So I called them for the 3rd time... each call was over 30 minutes long. Unbelievable.

They don't get the very basic concept of "take care of the customer, make it right, and move on"... There is no way they should be paying their customer service people for 90 minutes of wages to take care of a transaction that earns the company $0. So, everyone loses in the end. My kid never got what I ordered. I wasted a ton of time getting the refund handled. Gap lost money on a sale AND a customer for life. Pathetic.

Original review: July 21, 2020

This is the worst customer service and clothing store I have ever had. First, I ordered $ 300 worth of clothes and 75% of them were canceled due to a backorder which was not showing on their website when I ordered. No one also contacted me to let me know that almost my entire order was canceled. Adding to that the refund was wrong, I had to contact them to get the correct amount for the refund.

Also, my order took 2 MONTHS to get here. After 5 emails I sent them asking for a prepaid shipping label because the website wouldn't allow me to print one for some unknown reason, I got an automatic email saying they don't could not help me with my request due to high call volume. So at the end of the day 75% of my order was canceled and what I received that didn't match correctly I'm not getting a refund because they are too busy. This is by far the worst customer service ever. I understand we are in a Covid-19 situation, but a big company like this shouldn't offer customer service like this, especially when on the news they said they made a money tone when Covid-19. WILL.NEVER.BUY.GAP.ANYMORE.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Orderd 4 items online. One item was the wrong item, wrong size, wrong color - clearly they sent the wrong thing. I cannot reach anyone by phone or chat to get a return label - I should not have to pay to return the item or have the right one shipped to me. The website says they are too busy to have anyone chat, and the phone recording says they are too busy to answer. I have been trying for 10 days. Who do I contact for a return. They also own Athleta. I receive a refund on an item I had sent back 3 months ago and am waiting for 2 other items returned several weeks ago. I am wondering if they have gone out of business and left consumer hanging.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Is Gap even in business? I’ve asked myself this question numerous times over the past 7 weeks as I wait for Gap to refund my money on the order I returned. My emails go unanswered and after several calls where I was placed on hold for over an hour each time, I’m ready to concede I’ll never see my money again. I will never buy from this company again. Covid or not, this is by far the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Shame on you Gap!

Gap Company Information