2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (462 ratings)

About Gap

Gap Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I ordered 8 items on clearance 8/26/21 that totaled approx $80.00 Because of the amount I was eligible to apply for a store credit card and free shipping. I applied and was approved. The next day all 8 items were canceled and I was told there was an error in pricing on the website. I personally think they should have to honor the prices that were advertised. Not a fan of their business practices.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I purchased clothes and a few days later returned the items but they had trouble putting it back on my cc. They decided to put the refund on my debit card and yes it worked but 3 weeks later I noticed Gap took money back out of my account without my knowledge so lost $242.00 and they won’t return it. Please don’t Gap steal from you.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: June 8, 2021

At this point the second order was cancelled by Gap Factory. I still would not recommend this company due to their customer service policies and questionable offers such as stating free shipping over $15 then the offer was not available at check out.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I made a purchase on May 30th, at the end of my order it stated that the order did not go through due to technical difficulties. I should call customer service or try later. I placed the same order later and that order went through. I was horrified when I went to check my e-mail that the first order went through. I called customer service to be told that a request would be sent to cancel the second order, although there is no guarantee it will get cancelled. I explained that this was not my fault. This was irrelevant to the customer service person. I just checked the status of these orders and both are due to ship June 9th.

I called customer service again and was told they would send another request to cancel and there is nothing else they can do. This is a disgrace. If I had read the reviews I would have never placed the order to begin with. Also They offered free shipping over $ 15 in their e-mail which was no longer an option upon checkout. Although the details for this stated it was valid, but couldn't enter this because it was removed by Gap Factory. Do not buy from these people. They are unethical and don't care about their customers.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I had the worst experience with Gap. I made an order and waited two months just to realize the order was returned to Gap. They didn't deliver as "UPS couldn't find my apartment number" even if there is my name on the buzzer of course. After that GAP didn't bother to send me email that the order was shipped back and even didn't bother to REFUND my money. So one month after they shipped the order back (and I was checking the tracking number meanwhile) I found out all of this. GAP customer support said they are sorry and offered 20% off for my next purchase! And that's not the end. I tried to apply 20% code for the next purchase and the code DIDN'T WORK. So there will be no new purchase at Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic ever.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I placed my orders with Gap on Dec 7th. They didn't even process the order until the 13th I was told and my Christmas gifts for my children will not arrive until Dec. 28, if they are not delayed again. I will return everything once it arrives, since I have to go out and shop again. I will never order from them again and hope that they are one of the stores that does not survive the pandemic.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Placed two orders with Gap for Christmas gifts the first one was broken down into two shipments one package arrived, the other a $50 gift card got lost at the USPS post office in Los Angeles CA. After contacting GAP waiting for it to scan and it did not they finally refunded my money and then wanted me purchase another one online I refused I will buy it at the store and then I will mail it myself so I can make sure it gets there. I am waiting right now for GAP to process the refund then I will have to wait for my bank to post it!!

A couple days after the first order I placed a second order and had it shipped to me. The next day I got an email with the tracking number it said the package would be delivered yesterday. Last night after the package didn't arrive I checked the tracking and it showed UPS was still waiting for it!! This morning I called and was told they showed it was to be delivered today (their website says they were calculating a delivery date once UPS got the item). I was told to wait till next Friday if it hadn't arrived for me to call back and they would issue a refund!!

I am lucky I can afford to wait but with people out work due to Covid they might not have $100 or even $25 extra. And what if this is their whole Christmas tell them to wait till Friday and then wait 3-5 business days or more for them to process the refund and then the bank to post it!! By then Christmas is over and some families may have the Christmas that never was thanks to GAP!! I for one will never buy anything online from Gap.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I have had and used a Gap Credit Card for many years. They give you Gap Reward $ and Gap Cash $. Also at times free shipping when order has reached monetary amount. I have had experienced several scams with these things. Whenever I place online order and tried to use Reward Cash$ or Gap Cash$ order would automatically process without allowing me to enter the codes. Also when placing orders and I tried to get free shipping it would stay on $7.00 shipping charge. Also whether shipping was free or I paid for it to expedite or couldn’t get out of free shipping choice, it took over 10 days to receive the merchandise. Recently I called to cancel order 1 minute after placing cause I wanted to use $100 Gap Cash and they refused to cancel. This is a SCAM.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I have been shopping at GAP for years. I called 11/30/20 about tracking my package. The customers rep. could barely speak English. I had to ask him multiple times to slow down and repeat what he said. I was already upset that GAP or my post office could not find my package. Then to talk to someone who could not speak English well was truly infuriating! AND to make matters worse he kept saying my package was at local post office! I went to post office and THEY DO NOT HAVE IT! They have pre shipping information but not the package. Whoever is running GAP is very incompetent!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I was told to call this number to get points from my purchase. I Called number given to me after 20 minutes & 3 times on hold. Was told I couldn’t get my points because it was supposed to be done at time of sale. Very disappointed with the confusion & I lose out. Thought Gap would better train their employees.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

>5 hours on the phone as company messed up order. Csrs are rude. Hang up, transfer you without informing you. As a shareholder and a now previous customer I am utterly upset and quite frankly their ceo does not deserve his compensation. I will speak to that in the next shareholders meeting. I urge people to go to H&M or other companies.

Gap Company Information