3.9/5 (559 ratings)

About Gap

Gap Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

My mother has been buying clothes online with GAP for 3 years and in Nov. 2021 she bought a $100 Gift card which I never received. I called on boxing day and after spending a painful hour speaking with 3 different persons, I was told someone else had used that gift card (even though I have never received it). I was also told they could clearly see on their system I had not received the card, but there was no money remaining on it. After that I was told I would receive an email from their fraud team, but I am still waiting 2 months later... No one managed to follow-up, nor took the time to fix this issue and get the problem sorted. I have just spent another 45 mins, spoken with 3 different teams, and again: no one is capable to fix it. They are asking me to send an email to customer service... There is absolutely no ending to this black hole. They are only interested in taking people's money and don't care about their customers.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I have been online shopping from GAP Inc. for over 12 years. They used to use UPS or Canada Post. I had almost no issues with my Gap and/or Old Navy orders in the past. Gap has recently started using Landmark Global for shipment. I have either (1) haven't received the items and had to ask for a refund (2) Landmark Global's tracking system showed the order "delivered" (no, I haven't received any order - contacted GAP and asked for an investigation, which is in process) (3) Landmark Global's tracking system said "delivery attempted" (no, I have been at home the day of the so called attempt and unsurprisingly, they didn't leave an attempted delivery notice!). I stopped shopping from Eddie Bauer a while ago due to this horrible, unprofessional, and unethical courier company. They don't do their job. I will now stop shopping from GAP although I like their stuff. If they choose being cheap, then they will lose their loyal customers.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Ordered the Yeezy Gap jacket around July, they provided updates that it would be shipped before December 25th. Just got a random email saying my order was cancelled. The customer service representative said it was cancelled because it's expected to be shipped on January, this is ridiculous. I could have used that money to short the stock.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I use my Gap credit card for all purchases so I can get rewards and use it towards my holiday shopping. I have spent TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS this year using the GAP card to earn those $520 in rewards. Gap changed their rewards program this past August of 2021. When I logged into my account online, my rewards had disappeared. I called their customer service line and was told by their representative that he could not pull up my previous rewards information, even though the rewards program had just switched over 1 month prior. HOWEVER, I was also told that the old rewards would still be honored as long as they were not used - even any rewards that had expired because they could re-issue the expiration date (a courtesy which they had provided for several years). So with that information, I am now trying to use those rewards for the holidays.

However, I have been told the opposite information by another Gap representative with whom I have just ended a call today. I am now told that those rewards that have not been used but expired cannot be reissued, which leaves me with $45 remaining rewards. Had I been given the correct information about the expiration date in August, I would have used them right away instead of saving them for Christmas.

I understand transitioning to a new program will have its glitches and am willing to compromise. However, the only compensation I was offered was $10 in the new rewards program and a 20% off coupon for shopping at any gap store. NO THANK YOU. I am asking for some sort of comparable exchange in rewards, whether that be an equivalent amount of rewards added to the new rewards program, gift card, etc. As a devoted customer who has been with your company for many years and spent thousand upon thousands of dollars to support this brand (you can check my account if you contact me), I am livid and just fed up and will no longer be spending any more of my hard earned dollars at your company.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I purchased a jacket 8/6/21. I was sent updates up to 10/4/21. I was told the jacket would be shipped 1/25/2022. I noticed that my address was not updated and showed an old address. I have moved waiting for this jacket. There has not been an update since October. I called to update address and I was told my order would be cancelled. I am livid. Why would you hold my money beyond the legal online shipping limit and then tell me that I now have to cancel my order. So if you want me to wait for 6 mos to receive my product change my address. I do not want a refund. I want my address updated and I want you to humble yourself on the amount of time you made me wait. Ord#**1 XL Red Yeezy Jacket. Shipped to; MaZoe **, **. Delivery Instructions: Package Must be signed for and left at carport door. It's illegal to make someone wait this long and hold their money and not be flexible.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Is 0 stars available? Reached out to this woman following up with an email sent from my boss. She literally said she had no availability for a 10-15 minute conversation until 2025. She was very rude and unprofessional. Hung up on me in the middle of our conversation. Will NEVER do business with GAP again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Beware if you need to return or exchange. I return damaged clothes and it has been 4 weeks since they received. I am still waiting on refund. They are now expediting it. Supposedly I should have in five days. That’s expediting! I needed the item to have an even exchange. They don’t do that. You have to rebuy and they supposedly send refund. Now I have paid twice for the PJs.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I will never purchase anything from this store again. I purchased online and by the time I received it tried it on and figured out how to do a return. It was too late to return so now I'm stuck with clothing that has zero value to me and I can't even get a refund. When I tried to call their customer service I got stuck with someone who didn't even speak English and hung up on me. Horrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I ordered 8 items on clearance 8/26/21 that totaled approx $80.00 Because of the amount I was eligible to apply for a store credit card and free shipping. I applied and was approved. The next day all 8 items were canceled and I was told there was an error in pricing on the website. I personally think they should have to honor the prices that were advertised. Not a fan of their business practices.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I purchased clothes and a few days later returned the items but they had trouble putting it back on my cc. They decided to put the refund on my debit card and yes it worked but 3 weeks later I noticed Gap took money back out of my account without my knowledge so lost $242.00 and they won’t return it. Please don’t Gap steal from you.

Gap Company Information