3.70/5

167 Gap Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Service was great! Jeans came in the mail fast! However, I will not shop here again because of the chemicals that are put into the jeans. The smell of formaldehyde doesn’t wash out. The blue dye turns the washer blue every time you wash. I’ve had a pair for a year now that still reeks of chemicals! Gap needs to change this issue!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My 13 year daughter wanted overall for picture day. We had a week to get them. I ordered Women’s small through the internet store. I paid 3 days shipping. They came in two days before picture day a kid’s size small. At first, they were going to overnight them at no cost. The supervisor decided that was too expensive. The nearest store is 45 minutes away. I couldn’t due to her activities. We brought something else. I told them how angry I was. A week later, we drove 45 minutes to the outlet store.

The first store tells us that we have to go to the kid's outlet for the return. I left the receipt at home. I showed them the emails with the stated price. I even called their customer service on my cell phone. I am showing them the emails. They wouldn’t refund the money. Last year, I had multiple problem with a holiday order and decided to donate them to children’s charity because it wasn’t worth the shipping or gas costs. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY OR THE STORES. I am showing them emails and they refused to refund the money.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I don't usually write reviews but this just made me more than frustrated. Bought a pair of pants and signed up for their Gap card. I paid $17 for the pants and thought it went on my credit card but it went on the Gap card and they didn't mention that. So I get a letter a month later saying I owe $20 in late fees on top of what I bought the pants for. They were kind enough to waive the fees but I tried paying on their website and it didn't go through because they're site glitched so I got more late fees added on without warning which they wouldn't waive even though it was their website that glitched. Ended up paying $60 for a $20 pair of pants. I will never shop here again. Gap... you are the worst.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

This company should go out of business especially since their return policy has changed from a whopping 90 days to a whopping 45! If you're smart, you will not buy their pants... Oh sure, it fits in the store but try wearing them 3 or 4 times and see that they go from a size 0 to a size 6 in no time flat. I will never ever buy another pair of any of their pants. The above pants were the absolute worse... Great fit in the store but after that those things made me look like bag lady! To top it off I just had to waste money on two pairs. Second never worn with tags and receipt... Nothing they will do about it! AGAIN, GET OUT OF TOWN GAP.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My order experience online order has been upsetting. They have emailed receiving party- without me EVER giving receiver's email or phone number- the confirmation that the order is coming. I have no idea where they have gotten private information about receiver, it is scary to know they do this. My phone conversation with customer rep and supervisor was useless, they never answered the question and were rude on the phone, just confirming useless info with me over and over. I will not shop at GAP anymore. I can't shop where I don't trust.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered 6 items on July 25th and kept 1, a black cardigan. I sent the 5 others back (4 dresses and a kimono). I received the order back in the mail a couple of weeks later with a return slip that was marked "wash/worn". I never even tried the items on but notice that one of the items, a yellow dress, smelled strongly of perfume, however I didn't notice when I received it the first time because all the items were in plastic bags. The yellow dress was never removed from the bag. Gap sent it to me that way. I don't even own perfume. I have very bad allergies. I returned the items again with a fresh return slip and they again returned the whole thing back to me.

All items that I returned were still in plastic bags the first time and the second time they were not because Gap sent them back to me this way. This is so unfair. A stupid yellow dress that I didn't even try on because it was fluorescent in person, someone else had perfume on and now I'm stuck with a bunch of stuff that is too big... And now it is 60 days since the purchase was made. I will never buy from Gap, Old Navy or Banana Republic again... Hey Gap warehouse, distribution center, make sure you don't send us items that have been washed, worn or perfumed!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I purchased a sweater. It shrunk. I returned it with the packing slip. It was returned to me with a note that said, “Can’t be returned: washed”. Are we not supposed to be able to wash sweaters? Are we supposed to just wear them over and over? There were no special instructions. It wasn’t cashmere. It didn’t say dry clean only. I hate this store.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I ordered a gray 4th of July dinosaur shirt for my grandson.This was 2 months ago and it arrived today. The package and shirt were damaged. Looked like burn marks. FedEx would not take it back because they said my return label was wrong. So frustrated that I trashed the package at the FedEx store. It was only 12 bucks but now my grand daughters get a 4th shirt and my grandson doesn’t... will never order from Gap again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Called 1-800-427-7895 June 22 looking for an item. Vanessa was FANTASTIC looking in different areas (she thought it might have been in the US that I had seen it, while I am online in Canada). Unfortunately we got cut off. When I called back I saw MUDTAR who said, "IF IT'S NOT ON THE WEBSITE, THEN WE DON'T HAVE IT," & who couldn't switch me to Vanessa. WOW. How unhelpful was that? Customer DISservice, MUDTAR. Vanessa was looking around the site to see if she could find what I was describing (a matching top to a dress).

Original review: June 16, 2018

I ordered a couple shirts for my Dad for Father's day. I used the expedited 1 day shipping. I ordered them on a Thursday thinking that the order would be processed on Friday and delivered on Saturday, the day before Father's day. Well not so. Gap doesn't tell you an expected ship date until a couple days later and now I find out that the order won't make it in time for Father's Day. I called them and told them it never said the delivery date would be so much later than 1 day, they said I should have found their delivery policy online. I asked them to refund the expedited delivery and they said they would not do that.

So you are going to hide the expected delivery date from your customer, and then won't refund the cost of the expedited shipping once it was clear that there wasn't any notification during ordering. This is BS. Gap also didn't inform me that this purchase would be a Mail Only return until after I was sent the confirmation email for the order. If I had known that you can't return the item in the store, I would have shopped somewhere else. I am NEVER using Gap online ever again. Borderline criminal.

Gap Company Information