2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (378 ratings)

About Gap

Gap Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?

Original review: May 19, 2021

I like these brands so I use them and I want them all the time. I have no experience, I am new, I want to be by your side always. I can move forward if you help me. And I will try to help you enough. Thanks for helping me.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Orderd 4 items online. One item was the wrong item, wrong size, wrong color - clearly they sent the wrong thing. I cannot reach anyone by phone or chat to get a return label - I should not have to pay to return the item or have the right one shipped to me. The website says they are too busy to have anyone chat, and the phone recording says they are too busy to answer. I have been trying for 10 days. Who do I contact for a return. They also own Athleta. I receive a refund on an item I had sent back 3 months ago and am waiting for 2 other items returned several weeks ago. I am wondering if they have gone out of business and left consumer hanging.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Is Gap even in business? I’ve asked myself this question numerous times over the past 7 weeks as I wait for Gap to refund my money on the order I returned. My emails go unanswered and after several calls where I was placed on hold for over an hour each time, I’m ready to concede I’ll never see my money again. I will never buy from this company again. Covid or not, this is by far the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Shame on you Gap!

Original review: July 9, 2020

I placed an order in June. Half of the order arrived in a timely manner. I have emailed and telephoned to determine the whereabouts of the rest of the order. UPS says it received a request for a shipping label but has not received a package. Emails have not been answered. Phones are not answered. I have waited for two hours on hold.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I ordered some clothes for my daughter and paid for expedited shipping. I received all but two items today. I called customer service and was on hold for 1hr and 15mins, I had to hang up because I couldn't wait any longer. Called again 30 minutes later and the same thing happened. I'm so upset. To top it off one of the pair of sandals I ordered in a size 13 came in a size 11. Now she can't wear them for 4th of July like intended. As much I love Gap, I'm really considering not shopping here anymore.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I sent in my return on May 26th 2020. My return reached the warehouse by June 18th. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone on hold, and ran out of time and had to hang up. I am trying to get a return on a pair of pants. All of my emails have not been responded to, I was recommended to call, where I spent 2.5 hours on the phone. Please give me my refund. Order #: **.

Carolyn

Original review: July 2, 2020

I’m never ordering from here ever again. I bought a shirt for my little brother that he has been wanting for a while now and I decided to order it early so that would come before his birthday. I placed this order on 6/19/20..... it’s is now 7/2/20 and I haven’t received it. I check online and it says my package has been shipped and is at a UPS near me and is ready to sent to my home. But when I go on to UPS it says it not been delivered to then that they are waiting on the shipment. This has been like that for a WEEK!! His birthday is in 2 more days and yet I haven’t received it and when I bought the shirt online it said it would have been here by 6/27/20 but still NOTHING!!! I’ve contacted customer service almost every day and not once have they talked to me. I’ve been on hold every day for at least 2-3 hours. GAP give me money back please I'M DONE.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I'm sorry customer service is not your strong point. Ordered a pair of leggings Jun 5/20 and was notified they were shipped. Upon trying to track Ups says they have not received these items. I am unable to track the order. I emailed Gap re this and was told as a last resort to call. I've been calling every day and on hold daily for several hours not response. No response to second email asking for help. I've been charged for this order but not received anything. Gap is the worst customer service company ever!

Original review: June 25, 2020

I ordered clothes online, it was sent back because the company did not put the full address on it. I have an account with them and they can see my address. I ordered the items on May 9, 2020. It is June 25th and have not receive my items. I have been on hold for at least 3 hours. I tried the online chat, the agent said that do not handle this situation and to call the customer service number. At least I get my orders faster overseas than with this company! Do not order online because you can not reach anyone at all. Very disappointed with Gap! This company seems like a scam because I paid for the merchandise on May 9th and have not receive the items at all! I know someone is working because every day I get emails about ordering from them. I even replied back and the email states to call the customer service number. I am an upset customer!!!

Original review: June 18, 2020

I made an online purchase for pj top and pj pants. I had paid for next day service. A total of $73.61 was debited out of my account. Shortly after I received an email from The Gap saying "Thank you for your order # **. We're sorry, but while processing your order, we found that the items(s) below are no longer available. Your order total has been adjusted to reflect any changes. If you paid with a credit card, you have not been charged for the item(s). If you prepaid for this order in a store or paid with a GiftCard, we will refund the amount promptly. We value your business and apologize for any inconvenience. We'd like to offer you 'Get 10% off your order' on your next order at the gapcanada.ca. Simple use the promo code ___ at checkout. If we may be of further assistance, please contact us at custservice@gapcanada.ca or 18004277895."

So here's the problem, I called the customer service line every day 5 times or more per day for up to 1 hour in a queue for each call. That equals 5 hours x 5 = 20 hours in a queue and nobody answered. I left several emails with no response at all. This company is stealing innocent people's money. If something goes right with your order and you get it count your lucky stars. If you end up in my situation The Gap STEALS your money and nobody is held accountable. DO NOT SHOP AT THE GAP. IT'S RISKY AND A SCAM. If you have money to blow and $73.61 means nothing to you well I could have used that money instead to give it to the homeless as I like to do. Not to invest into a fraudulent company with horrific customer service.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I will never place an online order again. I AM WRITING THIS REVIEW AS I'M ON HOLD NOW FOR 3 HOURS....I placed 2 orders from Gap factory and gap on the same day, April 2nd. I received one item from gap, then received my order from factory. I still have not received my order from gap and I cannot get through to anyone in customer service. Their shipping was horrible before covid, so I don't know what I was thinking ordering from them during this pandemic.

Gap Company Information