2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (504 ratings)

About Gap

Gap Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gap?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

>5 hours on the phone as company messed up order. Csrs are rude. Hang up, transfer you without informing you. As a shareholder and a now previous customer I am utterly upset and quite frankly their ceo does not deserve his compensation. I will speak to that in the next shareholders meeting. I urge people to go to H&M or other companies.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

It took 3 phone calls totaling about 90 minutes to get my refund after they made a mistake and twice sent me something I did not order. I ordered a t-shirt for my 9-year-old kid; instead, they sent a pair of baby shoes. When I asked them to arrange a UPS pickup (like Amazon does), they said I would have to drive to a UPS store and drop it off... even though this was their mistake! Wow. Then they sent another pair of baby shoes the week later. I called to request the refund again, and they said it was taken care of: I got an email saying the refund was processed, but the money never came. So I called them for the 3rd time... each call was over 30 minutes long. Unbelievable.

They don't get the very basic concept of "take care of the customer, make it right, and move on"... There is no way they should be paying their customer service people for 90 minutes of wages to take care of a transaction that earns the company $0. So, everyone loses in the end. My kid never got what I ordered. I wasted a ton of time getting the refund handled. Gap lost money on a sale AND a customer for life. Pathetic.

Original review: July 21, 2020

This is the worst customer service and clothing store I have ever had. First, I ordered $ 300 worth of clothes and 75% of them were canceled due to a backorder which was not showing on their website when I ordered. No one also contacted me to let me know that almost my entire order was canceled. Adding to that the refund was wrong, I had to contact them to get the correct amount for the refund.

Also, my order took 2 MONTHS to get here. After 5 emails I sent them asking for a prepaid shipping label because the website wouldn't allow me to print one for some unknown reason, I got an automatic email saying they don't could not help me with my request due to high call volume. So at the end of the day 75% of my order was canceled and what I received that didn't match correctly I'm not getting a refund because they are too busy. This is by far the worst customer service ever. I understand we are in a Covid-19 situation, but a big company like this shouldn't offer customer service like this, especially when on the news they said they made a money tone when Covid-19. WILL.NEVER.BUY.GAP.ANYMORE.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Orderd 4 items online. One item was the wrong item, wrong size, wrong color - clearly they sent the wrong thing. I cannot reach anyone by phone or chat to get a return label - I should not have to pay to return the item or have the right one shipped to me. The website says they are too busy to have anyone chat, and the phone recording says they are too busy to answer. I have been trying for 10 days. Who do I contact for a return. They also own Athleta. I receive a refund on an item I had sent back 3 months ago and am waiting for 2 other items returned several weeks ago. I am wondering if they have gone out of business and left consumer hanging.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Is Gap even in business? I’ve asked myself this question numerous times over the past 7 weeks as I wait for Gap to refund my money on the order I returned. My emails go unanswered and after several calls where I was placed on hold for over an hour each time, I’m ready to concede I’ll never see my money again. I will never buy from this company again. Covid or not, this is by far the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Shame on you Gap!

Original review: July 9, 2020

I placed an order in June. Half of the order arrived in a timely manner. I have emailed and telephoned to determine the whereabouts of the rest of the order. UPS says it received a request for a shipping label but has not received a package. Emails have not been answered. Phones are not answered. I have waited for two hours on hold.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I ordered some clothes for my daughter and paid for expedited shipping. I received all but two items today. I called customer service and was on hold for 1hr and 15mins, I had to hang up because I couldn't wait any longer. Called again 30 minutes later and the same thing happened. I'm so upset. To top it off one of the pair of sandals I ordered in a size 13 came in a size 11. Now she can't wear them for 4th of July like intended. As much I love Gap, I'm really considering not shopping here anymore.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I sent in my return on May 26th 2020. My return reached the warehouse by June 18th. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone on hold, and ran out of time and had to hang up. I am trying to get a return on a pair of pants. All of my emails have not been responded to, I was recommended to call, where I spent 2.5 hours on the phone. Please give me my refund. Order #: **.

Carolyn

Original review: July 2, 2020

I’m never ordering from here ever again. I bought a shirt for my little brother that he has been wanting for a while now and I decided to order it early so that would come before his birthday. I placed this order on 6/19/20..... it’s is now 7/2/20 and I haven’t received it. I check online and it says my package has been shipped and is at a UPS near me and is ready to sent to my home. But when I go on to UPS it says it not been delivered to then that they are waiting on the shipment. This has been like that for a WEEK!! His birthday is in 2 more days and yet I haven’t received it and when I bought the shirt online it said it would have been here by 6/27/20 but still NOTHING!!! I’ve contacted customer service almost every day and not once have they talked to me. I’ve been on hold every day for at least 2-3 hours. GAP give me money back please I'M DONE.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I'm sorry customer service is not your strong point. Ordered a pair of leggings Jun 5/20 and was notified they were shipped. Upon trying to track Ups says they have not received these items. I am unable to track the order. I emailed Gap re this and was told as a last resort to call. I've been calling every day and on hold daily for several hours not response. No response to second email asking for help. I've been charged for this order but not received anything. Gap is the worst customer service company ever!

Gap Company Information