1.42/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 19, 2018

153 DSW Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

Question about an order, and I can't contact anyone at DSW via phone or email. I waited for a half-hour on hold on the phone yesterday. Then I sent an email to the customer service address, with my order info attached. Nothing. Today, I called and after 10 minutes, left my phone number in a queue and received no callback. This is really lousy service. I have been a customer for many years, but this experience makes me not want to shop here. In addition, the automated phone system doesn't work. It couldn't find either my phone number or order number by voice. It needs to allow manually entry. I have also just tried to get a contact via Facebook Messenger. So far, no luck.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I bought a pair of shoes from DSW that ended up tearing after a few months because of bad stitching. I wanted to see if they'd replace the shoes so I tried to find a rep to live chat with on their website. It said "waiting" every time I tried to connect and then disconnected shortly after. After a few tries I decided to write them an email instead. They responded the next day and told me I could order a pair online, have them shipped to store, and then have the shoes swapped out when I go to pick them up. Awesome. I found the shoes, went through the ordering process, and placed my order. I didn't realize until I received the order confirmation email that the store locator placed my store for pick up in NYC. I don't live near NYC. My own fault, I should've paid more attention.

I tried to see if there was any way to cancel my order through my account–– no luck. I tried the online live chat again–– still said waiting and kept disconnecting. Tried calling the customer service number–– after being redirected from menu to menu and being asked to complete a survey (which honestly made me want to start banging my head against the wall), it finally put me in a queue to talk to someone. The problem: it takes a long time to get a hold of anyone. My reason for the one star rating isn't the people who work for DSW or the stores themselves, they're great. It's the dreadful online ordering process and inability to get a hold of someone to help you within a reasonable amount of time. Like so many other stores that have this same issue, I wish they would work harder on fixing it.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2018

This is my first time (and last) ordering from DSW. After waiting for more than two hours yesterday and today to get someone on the phone. Literally no one answers no matter what prompt numbers you push. Awful, awful way to treat your customers. I'm going to have to dispute this charge on my cc to get any resolution.

Original review: April 17, 2018

On 4/17/2018 I went online to the DSW website to order a pair of running shoes. I entered the promo code “TAXDAY” and I was shown that upon checkout I would receive a 25% discount. However, at checkout I did not receive the discount. Nice scam, DSW... promise the customer a discount, but never actually give it to the customer. Lesson learned... NEVER SHOP ONLINE AT DSW WAREHOUSE.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I ordered a pair of Nike shoes on 4/13/18 in the am. Today I realize that they have not sent me a ship date which is odd. I call their line and find "all agents are busy" but you can get a call back without waiting by pressing 1". I do that and do not get a call back for hours. I also get a message that says "your order needs something additional" -- all I really wanted was a ship date. When I finally get an agent she tells me that the info on ship will be available online shortly. That never happens. Also if you try to "chat" you also get a busy "go to the FAQ page". This is totally unprofessional. Even if you are saving $10 on a pair of Nikes you really don't need this kind of customer service or lack thereof and have to spend extra hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DSW?

Original review: April 15, 2018

I went into the store today (04/14/18) looking for a pair of shoes because I don’t like shopping at places that sell for retail. I found a pair I liked, unhelped, and made my way to the register. I take full blame in purchasing these shoes without looking at retail price, but when I check out I ask if there’s a military discount, and I am told no, not at this store. I understand each store has its policies but 10 dollars off a shoe because I risked my life so you could sell this shoe? I digress, but when I get home I actually look at the box and notice the deal I get from them, I have pictures as well! I paid $99.99 for a shoe that retailed at $100.00.

I’ll let you do the math, and I couldn’t even get a Military/Veteran discount of 10 dollars?! I guess the DSW in Buckhead Ga is really hurting for money! I apologize if it seems that I’m rambling, but I just don’t see why you should shop at a place that says they have the best price, if they don’t! That’s all I have to say. I’m copying and pasting this message to every review post on the internet, I apologize if you don’t want to read!

Original review: April 12, 2018

I have purchased shoe. Was online and I have never been able to reach anyone on the phone. I had to return some shoes because they did not fit and I am still yet to get in touch with anyone and my refund is has not been a process although they already receive the merchandise. I have called and called. All like yeah this music and a recording that says someone will be with me momentarily and no one ever comes on the phone. After being on hold for two hours tops never was able to get anyone. I do not recommend this company. They have an awful customer service department and they basically had stole my money because I already had send my shoes back and I still have not received my refund it and I do you have my confirmation of my tracking information and I still don’t have my money and my card.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I placed an order that was supposed to be delivered on Apr 4, 2018. The order was never delivered, so I checked the FedEx tracking number on the FedEx site. It stated that a label had been created. There was no other activity. I called DSW. I could not get connected directly to a customer service rep. I was on hold waiting for a rep for a long time. I finally selected a callback. A customer service rep called me back a few hours later. I explained the problem and she said she would send an email to the appropriate dept.

After a couple of days, I still hadn't received an update so I called again. I was connected to a rep after a short hold. The rep told me that the previous rep had sent the message to the wrong dept, and she would forward it to the correct dept. It is now Apr 11th. I have not received any updates from the company. I called and waited 40 minutes but was still not connected to a rep, so I selected a callback. A rep called me back, apologized, and agreed to cancel my order, credit my account, and give me 500 points for my inconvenience.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Don’t bother calling. They won’t answer. 1 hour on hold and Account locked me out and says I have to call. Sure I’ll get on that. NOT. Never have be able to get into app with resetting password just doesn’t work. By the time you get help they still can’t help. Worst experience yet. I’m going to delete app.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Please do not order from this site. They are a very big scam. I had order 3 pairs of shoes. I keep getting an email that my item is no longer in stock and was removed from my order and my price was NOT adjusted on my receipt. I then got another email stating another one of my items have been removed from my order. This order only showed 2 item but was still the same price as the 3 shoes I ordered then I got another email saying that my order was cancelled because all items I had ordered were not in stock. Few days later those same items were back on the website for the same price. They will take your money and you will not receive any items!! Also you will have a 45 minute - 2 hour wait on the phone if trying to call customer service. Unfortunately I had to give it 1 star just to post this review.

Original review: April 2, 2018

DSW confirmed my order, authorized payment, then delivered neither my shoes nor an explanation. 3 straight days of calls and emails to customer service during published business hours went unanswered. Nobody answers phone after 1+ hour hold time then phone bot gives you option to get a call back which you never get. Checked Facebook and Twitter and discovered it's not just me. Strongly suggest you review their social feeds before ordering online or have fun with that non-existent customer service. Don't believe me. Read the Facebook comments and Twitter replies. "Oh no!" Pro tip you can get the same shoes almost anywhere else.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Their customer service is the worst. I spoke with an admittedly new employee, who I don't necessarily fault for being poorly trained, and she not only could not help me, she hung up on me after an hour and never attempted to reconnect with me. I've been on hold twice -- once for 20 minutes and the other for almost an hour before I just hung up. They cannot keep their shipping guarantee/promises nor do they know how to handle any lost items in the shipping process. They leave it up to the customer to rectify the situation rather than take ownership over their mistakes. NOT WORTH THE TIME OR MONEY! Go with a different company as we will and maybe, with lowered stock prices/overall sales, someone with status within the company will make changes to how they treat their customers.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Never ever order from DSW online! Any time you call they never answer customer support line. Still on hold from over 1 hour ago!!!! This happens any day of year any time at all! Will never ever order online from this site ever again! Buyer beware - customer service telephone support is NIL!!

Original review: March 23, 2018

I am in the process of exchanging a pair of shoes. I paid via Paypal, so once they received the pair of shoes back, my Paypal account was refunded. According to their procedures, this is what they do, but the site doesn't indicate what happens if you DO use a Paypal account to pay and what to do in an exchange situation. Since they are not authorized to debit my Paypal account, I have tried to contact customer service to inquire how I need to pay for this new exchange and when to expect my shoes. Multiple calls - on hold forever and no one ever comes to answer the call. As I speak, I have my speaker phone on and it's been 50 minutes. Still... No one answers. On-line chat has NEVER been available. I enjoy their products and stores, but I will NEVER shop online again. This customer service is an absolute joke.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I placed an order on Sunday night using a coupon code that was expiring that day. Received an email at email late that night stating that the order had been cancelled as the item was not available and my credit card would not be charged. The next morning, when I saw the email, I looked online and the item still showed available AND my credit card had been charged. I phoned DSW that afternoon and held for over 40 minutes before reaching a rep. She confirmed that the shoe was available and could place the order for me. When I mentioned that my coupon expired, she did offer a comparable discount. Order placed, should arrive in 5-7 business days, credit card auth should fall off... Now four days later, my order shows in process online and credit card charge for the order they cancelled still has not fallen off.

I phoned DSW again, after holding for 50+ minutes, was told that the order shipped and would be delivered in a week and a half. Rep didn't know why their website didn't reflect the item had shipped and didn't know why the order that DSW cancelled hadn't been refunded. I am not a DSW Shoe Lover anymore. I bought these for a birthday gift and they won't arrive in time, so I will be returning. Quite frequently I see the same shoes they carry for much less at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Two years ago DSW lost my rewards membership. The problem was not resolved for two years. Then IT issues began with signing in. When attempting to phone or live chat with DSW the time frame begins in excess of one hour, unacceptable! I wrote to them when an item was not included in my shipment. The response was days later with a too bad sentiment. Customers, or "Shoe Lovers" mean nothing to DSW. This company has the worst continual customer service of any retailer in the USA!

Original review: March 19, 2018

Last week I bought a pair of shoes at the store in Round Rock TX. The original price was 59.99. Today I saw the exact same shoes, even the same color at Marshalls for 29.99. I am very disappointed since it is almost half the price I paid. I tried the DSW chat and it never worked. It is a just a waste of time, I tried to call and was on waiting for 29 minutes before hanging up. I don't believe high prices and nonexistent customer service is a good formula. Will never buy there again.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I placed an order online but before I was able to remove an item in my cart the order went through. I tried to immediately use their "Live Chat" several times after placing my order, but every time it would end the session before it even started. I then sent an email to their customer service. But knew that I only had a window of time to cancel the order, so I then called (on hold for almost 30 mins), by the time I got through to a CSR, one item (the one I wanted to cancel) could not be canceled because it was coming from a vendor and they had already placed it in the "Release" status. So now I have to wait until my order is delivered and take it back to the store!!! The CSR said she would add rewards to my account for my "inconvenience" and I told her not to bother because this would be the last time I shopped with them.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I ordered a pair of black studded booties. When I received my order they were not the style OR color I ordered! I called customer service and after 1 hour and 16 minutes on hold I explained what had happened. She told me she would expedite shipping with the correct pair. The next day I receive an email not available! I look online and my size no longer available. So I call again, and explain and tell her I will take a half size smaller because website showed that available. She then tells me limited amount left so no guarantee. I’m then told if I order them and they don’t fit, I can’t return them without calling them first because they are placing some sort of hold on my credit card! OMG I told them forget it. For my aggravation they should be giving me my order. I will not deal with DSW any longer.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Beautiful shoes! Always current styles! Fantastic sales! If they don't have a size or color you want in stock they will ship it to your home for free!!!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I received a coupon for $20 off and ordered a pair of sandals to be shipped to store and picked up. I received notification that they were there and I had until 3/12 to pick up. On 3/9 I received an email stating that I had cancelled my order. I never cancelled and had planned on picking up the next day. Called customer service as chat was unavailable, on hold for 10 minutes. Called back the next day on hold for 10 minutes and selected the callback option and I would not lose my place.

This is 4 days later and I still have not received a callback. Tried to order shoes and it shows my coupon was used by another member. Called customer service and was on hold 25 minutes. I also emailed customer service 4 days ago and received an email back but took 3 days and all they said was, "Look at your email regarding pick up time frames." I have shopped here a lot in the past both in store and online. This is the worst customer service I have experienced. I am a rewards member etc.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Have bought 10 pairs of shoes/boots over the last 5 years and items were exactly as described and arrived in brand new condition! Always have wonderful service and great if you need to return an item.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I've been a customer for years now, and I've never had an issue with DSW. But lately, they've been terrible! I got a really good coupon in the mail the other day, and when I went to go use it in store, there was nothing there that I really liked. So, I figured "maybe their selection in store just sucks." So, I shopped online, and was told I couldn't use my rewards because my account has been suspended. Why?! I emailed them, and got no response. Then I tried live chatting them multiple times, maybe even 20 times at different times of the day, and got no response. They wouldn't connect me to anyone.

Finally, I called them and waited on the phone for 30 minutes. NOT ONE PERSON PICKED UP. So I chose the option they give you, which is to reserve your spot in line and have customer service call you back. Well, they never did. I didn't get any callbacks at all, and I therefore, couldn't use my rewards or make my purchase. When I went to the store to see if I could get it fixed there, they told me my account has been suspended and the only way to get it back was to talk to customer service. So I can't even use this in store! How am I supposed to fix a problem, when no one at customer service wants to pick up, or attend to their customers in any way? Do these people not want my money?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I never have been or visited DSW website for shoes and guarantee WILL NEVER AGAIN. I ordered a pair of shoes to be picked up at a DSW local store. First, I did not authorize a charge on my account AND they OVERCHARGED my account without discounts advertised. I place multiple calls to them and they stated it would fall off within 3-4 business, that did NOT happen and was on my account for almost 2 weeks even after I cancelled the order.

I called multiple times to get it off and all I got was rude, unintelligible customer services reps that keep calling me "Miss Kelly". I am not a plantation owner and was very offended being referred to in this way. Of course, it all goes with the experience and crappy way they do business. Who runs joke of organization. I considered it fraud and had to have my bank get involved with these charges reimbursed to my account. They are not even worth 1 star... a - 3 stars is what I would give.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I purchased shoes for a wedding that the bride had asked for. Yet they sent me shoes with a missing strap and looked as if they had been worn. When I called I was told nothing could be done. That the turn around time was 4 to 6 days after they got my package back. Horrible customer service!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Have shopped at DSW for years. I have recently placed several online orders and 5 of my orders were cancelled!!! Unacceptable. Then, after not being refunded one of my reward coupons, I entered an 'Online chat' on their website with a customer service agent. She misunderstood my question and was "yelling"/having an attitude with me over the chat by using all CAPS in the conversation. I was incredibly offended. Then after placing yet another order that was cancelled AGAIN, I called their customer service asking for a refund on my order, they did not refund the total amount. The customer service agent was incredibly rude to me again. Claiming that me wanting my $5.50 refunded was ridiculous since it was such a low amount. Their disrespect is unimaginable. I will NEVER shop at DSW in store or online again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I ordered two pairs of shoes on DSW. A pair of expensive slippers for my husband and a pair of work shoes for myself. I am a frequent customer. I used my 30 dollar reward for the order. I returned the pair that didn't fit my husband but was only refunded a fraction of the purchase. When I called for an explanation they informed it was because I used my rewards. Some rewards this was! If I had placed two separate orders for my shoes instead of one, I'd be getting an additional 20 dollars back for my refund. Also, their "return fee" now includes taxes on it, which is 9.03 instead of the 8.50. I've been a DSW shopper for years and this is the first time I've had to return something outright without an exchange. I think I'll listen to my husband and shop at Zappos. Free two day shipping and no return fees. So disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Nasty inexperienced customer service... almost 2 hours on hold. Had to put speakerphone on! Before... during and after holidays!!!! The keyster does not know what the elbow is doing!!! Speak to one person in the morning... get one solution... speak to one in the afternoon... what?? Huh?? Spoke to one at night and they disconnected me... twice!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I placed two orders in December. One order was cancelled. I used gift cards and never received credit for the cancellation. I attempted to call Customer Service to place the second order. I held for over 30 minutes, never reached a rep... it get better - I used another gift card and they redeemed my rewards also! Not sure how that math works. I’ve called at least 5 other times... hold times are ridiculous... never reached a rep. I’ve been a high volume customer for about 10 years. Closing down everything including my credit card. I will not sit in queue to give anyone my money.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Most HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE of my life!!! Waited twice for system callback when place in line came up, and each time I answered, call disconnected!!! Then I called back and stayed on hold for 45 minutes until I finally pressed 1 (AGAIN) for another call back that HUNG UP on me AGAIN!!!

DSW expert review by ConsumerAffairs

DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse is a retailer with more than 400 brick-and-mortar locations across the United States and an online store, dsw.com. They sell a large selection of shoes for women, men and children.

• Store locations: Customers can purchase shoes online at dsw.com and then pick them up in their local DSW store. There is no charge for this service, and consumers can instantly return their purchase if they don’t like it or it doesn’t fit properly. Some items are available the same day.

• Discounts: DSW offers discounted prices on popular name brands. The store has regular sales and clearance items, and it offers consumers a rewards program for other special discounts.

• Selection: The store’s website offers an even wider selection of shoes than is available in the company’s stores. This selection is much better when it comes to extended size options. Customers can search for women’s sizes 3.5 to 13, and they can find an ample selection of sizes 5.5 to 11 on the site.

• Returns: Customers can return orders to any DSW location for free. They can make exchanges by mail for free as well.

• Best for: DSW has shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers, budget-conscious shoppers, deal lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs