DSW

Compare Online Shoe Stores

Research top Online Shoe Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company has the WORST customer service EVER. I ordered item under 2-day shipping and it never came on the day expected. On top of that, when I tried calling to check my status order and ask why my items weren't shipped as I paid for, I didn't get any replies because NO ONE picked up. I was calling for hours, even two days in a row. I had to call a near-by store to have them connect me to a customer service representative faster, and when they did, they STILL didn't solve the issue. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.

Received an email to order and receive a free tote... Just like others, they "ran out". They said a person ordered right before me and they gave the last tote to them. I don't believe it... I do not think I will be shopping here again.

I purchased 5 pairs of shoes online for special occasion. One pair that they had shipped me included 2 different sized shoes. I went into a store and returned 3 pairs. Since they sent me the wrong sized shoes, they said that they would send me the correct order and express ship it. Expressing shipping was supposed to take 4 days. Instead it's been more than 2 weeks and I never received the shoes. When I called DSW a week and a half later they send they couldn't cancel the order because the shoes may be in transit. They said that I had to wait until a May 30 to call back and cancel the order and get a refund.

Meanwhile I've called them 3 times and waited a total of 1 hour. I finally went into a store after May 30th, which was the day they said I could cancel the order. At the store they waited on the phone for 27 minutes. When they finally got a hold of someone at Shoephoria they said it looked as if I never returned the shoes. They also said they aren't sure where my shipment is. It's two and half weeks later and they still have yet to refund me the money and never got the shoes. I needed the shoes for a special event and they didn't get here in time. I will never order from DSW online again. The employee in the store was helpful but other than that I've experience horrible customer service in regards their back office and phone service.

I bought a pair of heels that were low quality for the price and wanted to return them. Two weeks after they received the shoes back, I had yet to receive my refund. Tried to call them. Was on hold for 45 minutes listening to how important my call was to them. Finally gave up and left my # for them to call me back. The rep who finally called me said she had no idea why the refund took so long but they are very busy so they can't keep anything straight. I can't recommend them.

I called the customer service number 3 times and was hold waiting on someone to answer for 20 minutes each time. No, no one ever answers the customer service number. Terrible website - I can never change my password, even when the temporary password is sent. The customer service is terrible and I will never shop this business again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DSW?

I have never received a free item with purchase yet. I have been shopping and getting these coupons for years. Every time I make a purchase and hand them my coupon, they tell me they're all out. I'm starting to think the free coupon is a ploy to get you to go there and spend money. There was never any free bag. It doesn't exist. False advertisement!!

When I tried to redeem my free tote and wristlet offer from DSW OF COURSE they had run out of supplies. Always happens with them when they offer products like this. Makes me wonder if they only had 100 of them or better yet 5. Quit offering items if you know you will run out especially when you are a popular site and it's Mother's Day weekend. GEEZ.

MN71030 straw bkl saddle - My purpose of going to the store was taking a family member. Meanwhile, I began looking at some comfort shoes but didn't find anything. Instead of giving up I went to the handbag section and found the cross body handbag that was perfect for what I need the style, size and color.

Bought shoes in store... sales gal told me they could ship them for free, and I should receive them in 3-4 days. It's now 9 days later. I called customer service - it took 20 minutes for someone to answer the phone. CS gal (aka "shoe lover") said they were "en route" and should arrive in a day or two. Said it normally takes 5-7 days. Either way, it's been longer than what either of the DSW people told me. Still waiting... unless you want to wait a week and a half to get your shoes, I DO NOT recommend having DSW ship shoes to you. If they not in store, go somewhere else.

The shoe choices online are way better than in the stores; depending on the store also. Like the Queens Stores don't have the same choices as the one in NYC, Manhattan. I have bought shoes for some time from this Company and up til now satisfied. Recently, and from same brand as previously bought from, the shoes are coming way too big/long; even for my size of only 5.5. Because of this issue I have had to deal with customer service. Wow. Horrendous service this company provides. They are always rushing through information like they just want to be done w/ you, seem agitated to speak with you if you want to ask more questions for info. or clarity and also, are vague in their information.

Note to self & others: be weary and skeptical about those promotions ex. $10 of off $49 or $20 of 99, which was my case today. I was buying 4 pairs of shoes and it came out to a subtotal of $134. Clearly the $20 of off 99 applied here, right? Incorrect my friends. There is apparently a fine print where it only applies to certain brands; therefore I only received $10 off. What a rip off and false advertisement. Someone should really look into this company and what they are really doing and presenting to the public.

This a horrible customer service, I called them twice. I consumed each called 20 minutes. No one answer. What the heck. What kind a company doesn't answer their phone? I need to ask about the egift card I purchased until now I didn't received yet. This is a nightmare for the first customer try to wanted to purchase online. This store is horrible, horrible customer service.

I ordered $173.92 worth of shoes online on 4/2/17. On 4/5/17 they took out $173.92 out of my checking. Paid in Full. Then on 4/7/17 they took another $173.91 out of my checking, just to "HOLD" it. This left me with $21.71. I called them immediately to refund the money that they took from me. I called twice and talked to two different people. They said that is their policy. Their POLICY - to steal money from people. I already paid for the shoes in full, why would they take it out again, because it is their policy - REALLY!!! Then I went to my bank. They cannot refund the money until April 11th. I'm supposed to live on $21.71 for five days! DSW are crooks! Do not ever order online from them unless you have a lot of money in your checking account.

I recently went to a store and found a pair of shoes I wanted to buy. They didn't have my size in store, so the associate ordered it for me directly stating that shipping was free. I placed the order on March 31. I received an email stating that the shoes had shipped on April 2, with a tracking number. The tracking number showed up as expected delivery on April 8. April 8 arrived but the shoes did not. I checked the tracking number again and this time it showed that they use FedEx SmartPost and it was in the hands of the US Postal service, with a new tracking number. The new tracking number doesn't work but the DSW page showed that my shoes would be delivered today on April 10.

I went online again and now the date has been changed to April 12. According to the tracking number details, the shoes have been in California since April 7, but they won't be delivered for at least five days? UPS only takes five days to ship things across the entire country! This will be the last pair of shoes I order from them either through their store or online.

I will no longer be a customer of DSW, although I have shopped there for YEARS. I have removed my name from their email and reward member list. The reason is the progressive signs meant to show their attitudes towards everything. Throughout the store they have hung signs with hashtags about hitting on their dentist when sedated, giving someone the middle finger, and other things that my kids asked me about. If you want to have to explain what this all means to your kids and grandkids, go ahead and shop there. But not me, there are plenty of other places to find shoes without listening to teenage, millennial attitudes. They need to study what age women spend the most at their stores.

In searching for shoes on DSW's website, I found at least 10 pairs of shoes by various designers that are MORE EXPENSIVE on DSW than they are on the designer's website. To say they are DISCOUNTED is false advertising. They are marked up even higher than if you purchased from the designer directly. I have also compared their prices apples to apples on these shoes (exact same shoe) at Macy's and DSW is higher than Macy's as well. Buyer beware!

I've bought many pairs of shoes at DSW and I've also returned a lot of pairs with no hassle at all. Customer service has always bent over backwards to please me and make sure that I'm happy, no matter how messy things manage to get. Including recently. I had bought a few pairs of shoes but needed a 1/2 size larger. No problem returning. One pair was amazing and the other pair started to fall apart after about an hour of wear, mostly sitting. I called and explained what had happened and they said to bring them back. They didn't have the ones I wanted in store so the associate ordered them for me online. The only complaint I have is that, while I was refunded, the money didn't immediately go back into my account, but the new total was taken out. I'm still patiently waiting for it to be returned but that's not the associate's fault.

I've gotten so many coupons and certificates, that they allow you to stack, that I've pretty much gotten free shoes. I'm seeing so many negative comments but so many of them seem so unmerited to me. They have a really great return policy and almost all of their shoes can be returned within 90 days unworn. It's really not their fault if the shoes you picked weren't as comfortable as you thought they were.

I recently had a store credit of $22.03 on one of those DSW cards. On 2/13/17 I ordered a pair of shoes online that totaled $52.95. After utilizing the store credit I then paid the difference ($30.92) with my personal credit card. The shoes didn't fit so I took them to the store to return on 3/2/17. At the register, the clerk processed the return but instead of crediting my credit card, she issued me a store credit for the entire amount of $52.95. Rather than make an issue of it, I found a pair of shoes online on 3/3/17 and ordered them using the credit and again, my personal charge card for the difference. These shoes totaled $63.55, so my personal credit card was charged $10.60. I then found the same shoes at Macys for $30 less so I took these shoes back to DSW on 3/10/17 to return them. The clerk at the register told me the full refund would be credited to my charge card. Assuming this to be my personal charge card, I took my receipt and left.

I received an email stating that my store credit would be mailed to me soon. This is no way to do business. If I purchased anything on a personal credit card, the return should be processed exactly the same way unless I don't have receipts, which I do have. Automatically issuing store credits is shady, unethical and low. I would like to have the amount I paid out of pocket ($41.52) returned as it was paid.

I am writing because of the issue of not receiving my free gift of the tote and yoga mat. I went to the Dublin Ca location on 3/10/17. They didn't have the shoe I wanted but did have the free gift in stock. I went to a second location in Fremont Ca on 3/11/17. Once again they didn't have the shoe I wanted in stock. I was advised that I could order it online and receive the free gift. When I went online they didn't have the color of the shoe, therefore I couldn't place an order online.

I finally went into the last DSW on 3/12/17 in my area to find my shoe in stock however they didn't have the free gift. I was told I could contact customer service to have one sent to me. I spoke with Keke a phone rep and explained the issue. As a customer I don't think I should've had to do the footwork the store could've done. After spending 20 minutes on the phone I still ended up without my free gift. I am very disappointed with the service that I received during this process. I wish they would make things easier for the customers.

Placed an online order and it looked like everything was OK. 7 days later and no shipping confirmation. I logged into my online account and there was no shipping info listed. I tried to use their online chat, but it was disabled and not working. Then I called the 800 Customer Support line. A very unprofessional "Shoelover" was of no help. He told me that DSW has up to 7 days to ship my shoes and it was not 7 days left. He also was not sure where the shoes were shipping from - he thought it might be a store. I tried sending an email with the link on their website. I filled out the online form and when I hit submit - I get an "error 404" message. So I tried calling Customer Service again - was on hold for 30 minutes... I gave up!! Still no resolution. I will NEVER order from DSW online again. Zappos/6pm/Macy's ships shoes out in 2-3 days. VERY POOR EXPERIENCE!!

Placed an order with DSW rep. on 03/07/17. Checked website on 03/08/17. Order history showed order canceled. Call the company several times to no avail. No one could tell me why the order was canceled. I did not cancel the order, I really wanted the shoes. I asked the rep. were the funds on hold - I was told no. Called my bank, there was a hold placed on my funds for $64.75. Called DSW back to tell them about the hold - reached a male rep (Marcus). He was very apologetic. He told me a hold is placed once order is placed, but is not taken from the account until you receive the item.

Well I am not going to receive the item, my order was canceled unknowing to me. He then told me that it will take 3 to 4 business days for the hold to be released. I told him will not order anything else until I get my money back in my account. He was kind enough to give me 1500 point for the inconvenience. So we will see long it takes to get my money back. Stay tuned. I really wanted the shoes. Have a great day friends.

I placed an order with DSW and MACY'S on the same day. I have received the orders from Macy's. DSW has never sent a tracking number or anything. When I called I spoke with an unprofessional and unknowledgeable representative. She could not answer my questions. I hate I ever ordered from this company. I should have read the reviews like I normally do BUT I thought they were a reputable company. They are NOT!!! This is my LAST order. My advice is to run from this company. Once they get your money they don't care when or if you get the merchandise. From your first and last customer!!! #ThoroughlyFrustrated

In June, 2016, I ordered shoes and paid for them using my PayPal account. I picked up the shoes, at a local DSW store shortly after I placed the order. On January 31, 2017, I received an email stating that the payment did not go through. I have called Customer Service twice and had a live chat once. Each time the representative wants me to provide a Credit or Debit card number. I refuse as I have had my accounts hacked twice before and have explained this to all the customer service representatives.

I mailed a check and they informed me that it will be shredded. DSW refuses to offer another way for me to make a payment. I have suggested they send me a bill - they cannot do that. I have suggested that I go to the store and make a payment - that cannot be done either. It appears that it can only be their way and no other.

I ordered a pair of boots; took 3 days for them to ship and when they arrived it wasn't my order. DSW puts you through hell to get a refund, have to go out of your way to return their mistake. They wanted to charge me again to place a re-order and they would NOT pay for expedited delivery. I had a problem with DSW with an online order a few years ago and was surprised to have a similar experience years later - must be a trend. Customer service manager was no help at all - didn't listen to my issues, just kept talking over me. Save yourself grief, don't order online.

Hello, this is my first time ordering from DSW and my experience has been horrible. Last Sunday January 8 I placed an order (or so I thought) using the DSW App. I also used $150 worth of gift cards that was given to me for my birthday. I used the PayPal to pay for my order which came to the amount of $108.87. PayPal took funds from my account the same day. A few days later I noticed that I had not received an email from DSW saying my order was being processed. I called customer service and the agent pulled up my order and read me everything in my shopping cart including my gift cards I used as well as a promotional code that was sent to my email that I used. The Agent told me my order was never placed and that sometimes with using the DSW app versus the desktop it happens. She also told me that PayPal jumps the gun and takes money from the account right away versus waiting until an order is complete.

The agent offered to finish my order over the phone but I would have to pay for the items again and then contact PayPal for a return on my funds. I said, "Okay let's complete my order." When she went to the next page she began to apologize saying one of the items in my cart was now showing zero items available. So I told her I would look for another item and finish my order on the desktop. The next day I found another item I was interested in and added it to my cart. I proceeded to checkout. I changed my shipping from standard to two day business shipping because it was a pair of shoes I ordered I needed them for an event on this coming Saturday Jan 21. I continued on to check out and I noticed my gift cards were not showing on my checkout screen anymore.

I no longer have my actual gift cards anymore because I trashed them after I typed them into my order the week before when I thought my order was complete. I called Customer service again to explain to them what happened. The Agent informed me that there was nothing she could do because I did not have the gift cards anymore. Even after I read to her the last four digits of the gift cards I had on the screen shots. She told me to go ask the people who gave me the gift cards and see if they had an account with DSW so they could use their information and use their rewards to give me credit from them. I've never heard of that before. I asked to speak with supervisor and the supervisor said the same thing and then offered me $10 for the mishap. I asked if a credit of $150 could be given to me since that's how much my gift cards totaled out to be. She said she could not give me back that money because it was too much.

I am very disappointed and hurt. I've lost $150 worth of gift cards that I can't use trying to shop on the online store using DSW app that was faulty and I don't understand why I can not receive a credit for what I've lost besides $10 worth of rewards points when it's not my fault! I refuse to give DSW any of my hard working money after this incident. The sad part is that they got $150 worth of free money! HORRIBLE!

One of my items never arrived. I have tried calling customer service over a dozen times on 3 different days, waited over 20 mins multiple times to be connected during regular business hours, currently been on hold for 50 mins as I write this review. I have sent emails with no reply... Very frustrating.

I have shopped at DSW a few times in the past and I found a pair of shoes that I just love. So I wanted to order them in a different color. I went online, found the ones I was looking for and ordered them. This was about two weeks ago. I then get a phone call a couple days after the order notifying me that there was an issue with the order and to give them a call when I could. So I did very shortly after, and they were closed, and they were going to be closed for the next four days due to the holiday weekend. So I wait, call back the next day they're open, sit on hold for 15 minutes, get the problem fixed and then I figured all was good from there.

My shoes were suppose to arrive today. I looked at the tracking and apparently my address was "wrong" (it wasn't at all). I called once on my way to work, Sat on hold for 20 minutes, nothing. I had to go. Called back later, Sat on hold for another 20 minutes when someone finally picked up and proceed to let me know that when they receive the shoes back to the warehouse, they will then refund me my money, and not send me the shoes. I just want my damn shoes. So here we are now, with no shoes, and currently no money thanks to them...

I bought 5 pair of shoes and boots for my family members in two different DSW shops last December and received two 20$ cards. I asked the seller whether I could use the two cards buying one pair of boots. The answer was yes. Today when I went to Knollwood Mall it turned out at the cash register that only one of the cards can be accepted. When I told the lady that my information of ten days was on the contrary the answer was that it is according to instructions received this morning. Considered to leave the boots there but I promised them to my daughter so I did not really had options. First of all I think it is not fair to change the rules after releasing those cards. Secondly, if it happens, then the company could warn the customers about it in the daily mails they send about making sure I don't forget to use my gift cards before they expire. Now they turned a gift into a bitter feeling.

I've been buying from DSW for several years, but will definitely avoid them from now on. I made my first phone call to their customer service today, and boy, was I in for a rude awakening. It is the worst you could imagine. I had to wait for 45 (yes, forty-five) minutes before someone picked up, and they did not even resolve the issue. Their website says one thing about returns, and they tell you something different on the phone. They promised to e-mail me with an answer within 24 hours, but I seriously doubt they will, since they do not seem to care much about keeping promises or customers. A business that treats its customers so badly is simply not worth supporting. Do your sanity and your wallet a favor and stay away from them.

On 12/4/16 I purchased a pair of boots (needed for a weekend trip on 12/16/16). When I ordered they stated they were in stock and would be shipped to store in 4-7 business days. Today is day 7 and no one knows anything about my order - when they will ship, when they will pull for processing, etc. NO ONE! I sat on hold for over 21 minutes (actually multiple times) to get thru the 1-866 number to which they were of NO HELP. The actual storefront agreed, that this shouldn't be taking so long but couldn't offer much more than that. I then try to send an email in DSW's "contact us" to which I got a 404 error message. While during my 3rd or 4th call with the 1-866 number I tried cancelling my order to which I was told I couldn't until after day 10 - WTF. Seriously, worst customer service EVER! So, looks as if I won't have my boots and who the heck knows when the hold will be released on my card. #Lostcustomer. #Forever.

I made my first DSW purchase online because I had a coupon for a free item. I picked the shoes I wanted and entered my coupon code for the free item and checked out. The next day I checked on my order and see that I have no order confirmation. So I contact DSW by live chat and was told the transaction never went through. I chatted with the Live Chat operator and explained everything, and when I asked what to do about it, the person left the chat. So I contact another person by live chat, and the exact thing happened with a different DSW agent. They told me the transaction didn't go through and that my pending charge should fall off in a few days. When I asked her what I should do about everything, she left too. Ridiculous!!!

It's been over 15 business days and I STILL HAVE A PENDING CHARGE. I told them that I should be given the free item since that was the ONLY reason I made a purchase, and I made sure to make the purchase on the day the coupon went live, so it is unfair that I missed out on an item because it was THEIR FAULT that my transaction never went through. I was told the free item was out of stock and that there was nothing I could do about it.

This company has been the only company to treat me this way. I would never recommend this store to anyone. I hate their customer service because they are clueless, unhelpful, rude idiots. You can find shoes elsewhere for a better price with better service. This company is horrendous and has been nothing but a headache for me. The customer service department is a joke. This is the WORST company I've EVER dealt with. AVOID! I cannot believe my first experience with them has been the worst out of all the companies I've had the pleasure to do business with.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse is a retailer with more than 400 brick-and-mortar locations across the United States and an online store, dsw.com. They sell a large selection of shoes for women, men and children.

• Store locations: Customers can purchase shoes online at dsw.com and then pick them up in their local DSW store. There is no charge for this service, and consumers can instantly return their purchase if they don’t like it or it doesn’t fit properly. Some items are available the same day.
  • Discounts: DSW offers discounted prices on popular name brands. The store has regular sales and clearance items, and it offers consumers a rewards program for other special discounts.
  • Selection: The store’s website offers an even wider selection of shoes than is available in the company’s stores. This selection is much better when it comes to extended size options. Customers can search for women’s sizes 3.5 to 13, and they can find an ample selection of sizes 5.5 to 11 on the site.
  • Returns: Customers can return orders to any DSW location for free. They can make exchanges by mail for free as well.
  • Best for DSW has shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers, budget-conscious shoppers, deal lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Compare Shoes Online