3.46/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

DSW

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

DSW Reviews

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Came here to leave an awesome review for DSW. Last week I had a question for their social media team about an error on their website and they went above and beyond to help me. Today I received an order that I ordered from the website. I was not happy!!! A store fulfilled my order rather than a warehouse and they sent me a filthy pair of used shoes! Worse yet, the shoes were a gift and I couldn’t even ask for a new pair because they were now sold out completely. Like these shoes were worn for months and somehow they took them back as a return and instead of discarded, they slapped a clearance sticker on them and put them out for sale. They are scuffed, have black grime in the cracks, grass and dirt, you get the picture.

I called my local store and the person I spoke to was so appalled that she totally had my back and within minutes of hanging up the phone I had my account credited with rewards (she said she would call corporate immediately to tell them) and she also told me to bring them to her store so they can make it right too. I am going tomorrow, though I’m satisfied with getting reimbursed in rewards because I was able to get my niece a different pair of shoes but I’m still bringing them this dirty pair because you really gotta see it to believe it. Plus I don’t want them. I’m still in shock that someone thought it was okay to resell these but whenever a problem arises, DSW has come through with amazing customer service.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Saw a lot of bad reviews regarding this company but they were the only place that I could find a specific type of running shoe that I wanted. I placed my order and it was shipped via Fedex Smartpost on the same day. I received my shoes within 6 days and there was absolutely no problem with the order. I would use this company again in the future. Excellent service!

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I have and do make many purchases at this entity. I can actually locate the same shoe at another location for 20-30 dollars cheaper??? Interesting, right? When this entity is said and states that one can purchase shoes and accessories for a less expensive price. The employees are like zombies. They don’t speak or greet an individual while shopping. Employees surely do not ask if a person needs assistance.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I bought these shoes online 5 days ago, and right afterwards, checked online to see what the reviews of DSW said. Honestly, I was shocked and quite scared when I saw all of the negative reviews about the company, saying the shipping took too long or the customer service was terrible. I don't know if I was just incredibly lucky this time, but my boots came exactly as I saw them online! Stylish, new, and comfortable, they were what I expected and more, especially based on the reviews. So I would say that so far, my experience with DSW has been excellent and I would recommend it to other customers.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was shopping for some shoes, and could not find what I was looking for until Choko offered to help me. She has helped me several times and is ALWAYS smiling, helpful, positive, professional and knowledgeable. Anyone with high standards would agree, she is a A+++ associate!! I will shop at this particular store because of her!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DSW?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I placed an order in store and was told it would arrive at my home in 4-7 business days. Six business days later no order and no shipping information but my credit card had been charged the day before. I called and was told that my order was "stuck" and that I had to cancel it and start all over again. Since we needed these shoes for the first day of school, I did it and paid for expedited next day shipping. They charged my credit card AGAIN and lo and behold my order didn't arrive the next day like I had paid for.

Customer Service tried to tell me it would certainly be delivered by 8pm even though the tracking number they provided me with showed that FedEx hadn't even picked up the order from their Reno, NV warehouse and I live on the east coast and it was already noon. After I told them how that would take a miracle to get my order by 8pm, they then tried to tell me it was FedEx's fault and I needed to call FedEx. After I continued arguing with DSW Customer Service, I was told to cancel the order again and place a new order again. Ridiculous. I will NEVER buy shoes from them again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

When chatting with customer service about an order that did not go through the representative abruptly ended the chat. Because of a “glitch in the system” on their end I was charged via PayPal and my order did not even go through. They said it would be one month before the charge falls off of my PayPal account. I have never heard of such! This was my first order and my last.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Fast shipping great products and quick delivery time. Can't wait for my other orders to arrive to see how great they are. Will recommend DSW to all of my friends and even have family ordering now. Just a great company.

Original review: July 29, 2019

DSW is AWFUL. I am an ELITE member - you would think that would mean something, but it does not. As others have mentioned, it is IMPOSSIBLE to shop with them because their payment processing is BROKEN and clearly has been for some time...considering I already saw a review that dates two years back. I, too, entered five different payment methods (all good) that were denied. Including Paypal. When I contacted DSW via chat, I was told there was nothing they could do that I need to phone customer support. They refused to put me through to a manager and basically told me that there was nothing they could do to help me. Didn't matter that I was trying to spend $500. Didn't matter at all that I was an elite member. Nothing mattered. They don't care. Guess what DSW - Zappos sells all the items you sell at the same or very comparable prices - I would prefer to pay a little extra to not be frustrated and treated like my business was not important.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I’m an Elite member, then why is the service so poor. I’m confused. As Elite one of your benefits is two day shipping. I always mark two day but once I hit, purchase and receive my email, I’m back at 4-7 shipping. Please explain? My previous order, I received confirmation that it was delivered but no package in my box or on my porch. I called. Talked with a very nice lady but she confirmed that yes it was delivered and I explained that I didn’t receive and where was it delivered. She recited my address.

I asked for a supervisor and boy that was a mistake. I explained and I was immediately aware that this was my fault not theirs. She verified with UPS and they both say it was delivered to my house and given to a Steve. I explained there is no Steve living at this address. She continued to argue and I hung up. After thinking a few minutes I decided to call my DSW store that I frequently go to shop. Yes, you guessed it, they delivered to the store, NOT ME, and Steve signed for it. Worst service by both DSW and UPS.

DSW expert review by ConsumerAffairs

DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse is a retailer with more than 400 brick-and-mortar locations across the United States and an online store, dsw.com. They sell a large selection of shoes for women, men and children.

• Store locations: Customers can purchase shoes online at dsw.com and then pick them up in their local DSW store. There is no charge for this service, and consumers can instantly return their purchase if they don’t like it or it doesn’t fit properly. Some items are available the same day.

• Discounts: DSW offers discounted prices on popular name brands. The store has regular sales and clearance items, and it offers consumers a rewards program for other special discounts.

• Selection: The store’s website offers an even wider selection of shoes than is available in the company’s stores. This selection is much better when it comes to extended size options. Customers can search for women’s sizes 3.5 to 13, and they can find an ample selection of sizes 5.5 to 11 on the site.

• Returns: Customers can return orders to any DSW location for free. They can make exchanges by mail for free as well.

• Best for: DSW has shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers, budget-conscious shoppers, deal lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs