2. Shopping
  3. Shoes Online

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5

DSW Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Upon finding a local Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW) while still a resident of Washington, DC, I was able to find more high quality, highly reputable brands, and even accessories like messenger bags and wallets. Once a customer makes a couple of purchases, they find you everywhere you move. I received, only in the last two months, a VIP gift card for 20% a purchase of $40 or more. Then I received a VIP gift card for $20 off a purchase of $49 or more. I cannot be more impressed with the quality, and brand names like Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, and even Diesel that are a fraction of other retailers. I highly recommend DSW to anyone who enjoys quality shoes to accessorize their clothing.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I needed two pairs of shoes, and my husband needed one pair. We had a birthday coupon for $5 off of anything, and additional money off depending on purchase price. One of the employees saw me struggling with some shoe boxes. She immediately came to me and offered a large bag to hold everything. Very helpful and friendly. At check-out time, our cashier was very friendly. We received excellent service, and while the values were good as-is, the coupon savings were huge. Very satisfied.

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Came here to leave an awesome review for DSW. Last week I had a question for their social media team about an error on their website and they went above and beyond to help me. Today I received an order that I ordered from the website. I was not happy!!! A store fulfilled my order rather than a warehouse and they sent me a filthy pair of used shoes! Worse yet, the shoes were a gift and I couldn’t even ask for a new pair because they were now sold out completely. Like these shoes were worn for months and somehow they took them back as a return and instead of discarded, they slapped a clearance sticker on them and put them out for sale. They are scuffed, have black grime in the cracks, grass and dirt, you get the picture.

I called my local store and the person I spoke to was so appalled that she totally had my back and within minutes of hanging up the phone I had my account credited with rewards (she said she would call corporate immediately to tell them) and she also told me to bring them to her store so they can make it right too. I am going tomorrow, though I’m satisfied with getting reimbursed in rewards because I was able to get my niece a different pair of shoes but I’m still bringing them this dirty pair because you really gotta see it to believe it. Plus I don’t want them. I’m still in shock that someone thought it was okay to resell these but whenever a problem arises, DSW has come through with amazing customer service.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Saw a lot of bad reviews regarding this company but they were the only place that I could find a specific type of running shoe that I wanted. I placed my order and it was shipped via Fedex Smartpost on the same day. I received my shoes within 6 days and there was absolutely no problem with the order. I would use this company again in the future. Excellent service!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Fast shipping great products and quick delivery time. Can't wait for my other orders to arrive to see how great they are. Will recommend DSW to all of my friends and even have family ordering now. Just a great company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DSW?

Original review: May 12, 2020

I purchased a pair of boots online few months back, unfortunately they didn't fit me. And due to the COVID19 situation the stores near me were closed. So I made online return via FedEx, following the details given to me by DSW online customer service. They received my package by March 30th. And even after so many email conversations my case is still open. They have processed only the partial amount yet and I am still waiting to receive complete money back. I have sent screenshots of receipts and all details they asked for, but no luck yet. Even a kid from 5th grade would understand the concern, but seems like the DSW Customer Service don't want to understand. And now I am losing hope of even getting my money back! Worst Customer Service, Waste of time and money!

Original review: April 30, 2020

I purchased a pair of shoes and was told I'd be charged upon the shoes being sent out. My order was immediately canceled, no merchandise available, no problem. However my card was immediately charged by DSW. In this present COVID-19 era I'm not even calling my bank. I'm just going to watch my account. No customer service available from DSW... Terrible service.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I have not received 2 of the 3 pairs of shoes that I ordered yet DSW's system is saying that all of my shoes were delivered. DSW has taken my monies yet I do not have ANY shoes in my possession. One pair of shoes arrived on yesterday (Out of the 3 pairs) and sent them back as they didn't fit and included DSW's return label on yesterday. This morning, I received a package from FedEx and it was the SAME exact DSW shoebox package I attempted to return back to you.

I have contacted the customer service line several times to bring this to DSW's attention as I know there is a reduction in workforce due to COVID-19. I cannot get through their phone lines, the live chat is not available yet I have emailed DSW and have not heard back. DSW took my money, but never provided me with my shoes. DSW made sure to take monies out of my account. I would like a full refund at this point as I'm very disappointed in how there has been a lack of communication.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I had two pairs of shoes in my cart on 4/24/20. I tried to enter my $10 coupon code with an expiration date of 4/26/20. When I entered my code it said I had to be a DSW member in order to use it. So, I tried to login with my email. Another box came up that said DSW sent an email with a temporary password for me to login. No such email arrived. I tried again. Still no email. I searched my inbox, all of my junk folders, etc. Nothing. On 4/27/20 I tried again. Lo and behold, I got the email with the temporary password within seconds. But by that time my $10 off coupon had expired and the shoes I wanted were no longer available. This is an unfair and deceptive business practice and I will definitely not be supporting DSW in the future.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Placed an order for shoes on 4/22/20, noticed an error in street address – one number incorrect. I tried for 2 days to contact DSW Customer Service, disconnected 6 times in 2 days, sent 2 emails, one immediately of order and one next day. Item shipped 4/23, address still incorrect and I cannot reach Customer Service. They say services may be slower because of COVID 19, but they take your money right away and ship rapidly. No contact opportunity for customers is not virus’ fault – DSW simply does not care about customers – they just want money. I will probably never see the shoes I paid for. Worst Customer Service of any company I have dealt with in my lifetime!

DSW author review by ConsumerAffairs

DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse is a retailer with more than 400 brick-and-mortar locations across the United States and an online store, dsw.com. They sell a large selection of shoes for women, men and children.

• Store locations: Customers can purchase shoes online at dsw.com and then pick them up in their local DSW store. There is no charge for this service, and consumers can instantly return their purchase if they don’t like it or it doesn’t fit properly. Some items are available the same day.

• Discounts: DSW offers discounted prices on popular name brands. The store has regular sales and clearance items, and it offers consumers a rewards program for other special discounts.

• Selection: The store’s website offers an even wider selection of shoes than is available in the company’s stores. This selection is much better when it comes to extended size options. Customers can search for women’s sizes 3.5 to 13, and they can find an ample selection of sizes 5.5 to 11 on the site.

• Returns: Customers can return orders to any DSW location for free. They can make exchanges by mail for free as well.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team