DSW

Compare Online Shoe Stores

Research top Online Shoe Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In June, 2016, I ordered shoes and paid for them using my PayPal account. I picked up the shoes, at a local DSW store shortly after I placed the order. On January 31, 2017, I received an email stating that the payment did not go through. I have called Customer Service twice and had a live chat once. Each time the representative wants me to provide a Credit or Debit card number. I refuse as I have had my accounts hacked twice before and have explained this to all the customer service representatives.

I mailed a check and they informed me that it will be shredded. DSW refuses to offer another way for me to make a payment. I have suggested they send me a bill - they cannot do that. I have suggested that I go to the store and make a payment - that cannot be done either. It appears that it can only be their way and no other.

I ordered a pair of boots; took 3 days for them to ship and when they arrived it wasn't my order. DSW puts you through hell to get a refund, have to go out of your way to return their mistake. They wanted to charge me again to place a re-order and they would NOT pay for expedited delivery. I had a problem with DSW with an online order a few years ago and was surprised to have a similar experience years later - must be a trend. Customer service manager was no help at all - didn't listen to my issues, just kept talking over me. Save yourself grief, don't order online.

Hello, this is my first time ordering from DSW and my experience has been horrible. Last Sunday January 8 I placed an order (or so I thought) using the DSW App. I also used $150 worth of gift cards that was given to me for my birthday. I used the PayPal to pay for my order which came to the amount of $108.87. PayPal took funds from my account the same day. A few days later I noticed that I had not received an email from DSW saying my order was being processed. I called customer service and the agent pulled up my order and read me everything in my shopping cart including my gift cards I used as well as a promotional code that was sent to my email that I used. The Agent told me my order was never placed and that sometimes with using the DSW app versus the desktop it happens. She also told me that PayPal jumps the gun and takes money from the account right away versus waiting until an order is complete.

The agent offered to finish my order over the phone but I would have to pay for the items again and then contact PayPal for a return on my funds. I said, "Okay let's complete my order." When she went to the next page she began to apologize saying one of the items in my cart was now showing zero items available. So I told her I would look for another item and finish my order on the desktop. The next day I found another item I was interested in and added it to my cart. I proceeded to checkout. I changed my shipping from standard to two day business shipping because it was a pair of shoes I ordered I needed them for an event on this coming Saturday Jan 21. I continued on to check out and I noticed my gift cards were not showing on my checkout screen anymore.

I no longer have my actual gift cards anymore because I trashed them after I typed them into my order the week before when I thought my order was complete. I called Customer service again to explain to them what happened. The Agent informed me that there was nothing she could do because I did not have the gift cards anymore. Even after I read to her the last four digits of the gift cards I had on the screen shots. She told me to go ask the people who gave me the gift cards and see if they had an account with DSW so they could use their information and use their rewards to give me credit from them. I've never heard of that before. I asked to speak with supervisor and the supervisor said the same thing and then offered me $10 for the mishap. I asked if a credit of $150 could be given to me since that's how much my gift cards totaled out to be. She said she could not give me back that money because it was too much.

I am very disappointed and hurt. I've lost $150 worth of gift cards that I can't use trying to shop on the online store using DSW app that was faulty and I don't understand why I can not receive a credit for what I've lost besides $10 worth of rewards points when it's not my fault! I refuse to give DSW any of my hard working money after this incident. The sad part is that they got $150 worth of free money! HORRIBLE!

One of my items never arrived. I have tried calling customer service over a dozen times on 3 different days, waited over 20 mins multiple times to be connected during regular business hours, currently been on hold for 50 mins as I write this review. I have sent emails with no reply... Very frustrating.

I have shopped at DSW a few times in the past and I found a pair of shoes that I just love. So I wanted to order them in a different color. I went online, found the ones I was looking for and ordered them. This was about two weeks ago. I then get a phone call a couple days after the order notifying me that there was an issue with the order and to give them a call when I could. So I did very shortly after, and they were closed, and they were going to be closed for the next four days due to the holiday weekend. So I wait, call back the next day they're open, sit on hold for 15 minutes, get the problem fixed and then I figured all was good from there.

My shoes were suppose to arrive today. I looked at the tracking and apparently my address was "wrong" (it wasn't at all). I called once on my way to work, Sat on hold for 20 minutes, nothing. I had to go. Called back later, Sat on hold for another 20 minutes when someone finally picked up and proceed to let me know that when they receive the shoes back to the warehouse, they will then refund me my money, and not send me the shoes. I just want my damn shoes. So here we are now, with no shoes, and currently no money thanks to them...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DSW?

I bought 5 pair of shoes and boots for my family members in two different DSW shops last December and received two 20$ cards. I asked the seller whether I could use the two cards buying one pair of boots. The answer was yes. Today when I went to Knollwood Mall it turned out at the cash register that only one of the cards can be accepted. When I told the lady that my information of ten days was on the contrary the answer was that it is according to instructions received this morning. Considered to leave the boots there but I promised them to my daughter so I did not really had options. First of all I think it is not fair to change the rules after releasing those cards. Secondly, if it happens, then the company could warn the customers about it in the daily mails they send about making sure I don't forget to use my gift cards before they expire. Now they turned a gift into a bitter feeling.

I've been buying from DSW for several years, but will definitely avoid them from now on. I made my first phone call to their customer service today, and boy, was I in for a rude awakening. It is the worst you could imagine. I had to wait for 45 (yes, forty-five) minutes before someone picked up, and they did not even resolve the issue. Their website says one thing about returns, and they tell you something different on the phone. They promised to e-mail me with an answer within 24 hours, but I seriously doubt they will, since they do not seem to care much about keeping promises or customers. A business that treats its customers so badly is simply not worth supporting. Do your sanity and your wallet a favor and stay away from them.

On 12/4/16 I purchased a pair of boots (needed for a weekend trip on 12/16/16). When I ordered they stated they were in stock and would be shipped to store in 4-7 business days. Today is day 7 and no one knows anything about my order - when they will ship, when they will pull for processing, etc. NO ONE! I sat on hold for over 21 minutes (actually multiple times) to get thru the 1-866 number to which they were of NO HELP. The actual storefront agreed, that this shouldn't be taking so long but couldn't offer much more than that. I then try to send an email in DSW's "contact us" to which I got a 404 error message. While during my 3rd or 4th call with the 1-866 number I tried cancelling my order to which I was told I couldn't until after day 10 - WTF. Seriously, worst customer service EVER! So, looks as if I won't have my boots and who the heck knows when the hold will be released on my card. #Lostcustomer. #Forever.

I made my first DSW purchase online because I had a coupon for a free item. I picked the shoes I wanted and entered my coupon code for the free item and checked out. The next day I checked on my order and see that I have no order confirmation. So I contact DSW by live chat and was told the transaction never went through. I chatted with the Live Chat operator and explained everything, and when I asked what to do about it, the person left the chat. So I contact another person by live chat, and the exact thing happened with a different DSW agent. They told me the transaction didn't go through and that my pending charge should fall off in a few days. When I asked her what I should do about everything, she left too. Ridiculous!!!

It's been over 15 business days and I STILL HAVE A PENDING CHARGE. I told them that I should be given the free item since that was the ONLY reason I made a purchase, and I made sure to make the purchase on the day the coupon went live, so it is unfair that I missed out on an item because it was THEIR FAULT that my transaction never went through. I was told the free item was out of stock and that there was nothing I could do about it.

This company has been the only company to treat me this way. I would never recommend this store to anyone. I hate their customer service because they are clueless, unhelpful, rude idiots. You can find shoes elsewhere for a better price with better service. This company is horrendous and has been nothing but a headache for me. The customer service department is a joke. This is the WORST company I've EVER dealt with. AVOID! I cannot believe my first experience with them has been the worst out of all the companies I've had the pleasure to do business with.

I have been trying to contact someone in customer service and after 20 minutes on hold listening to the same dreadful music & ad, I have still be unsuccessful. I don't want to leave my number so that someone can call me back at his/her convenience. If the company really cares about the customer, get more people to answer the phones.

I bought a pair of boots on 11/26/2016. I had been looking off & on for some time. I needed a pair with good padding as 95% of boots don't have that. I found a pair but you did not have my size so since I shop DSW very often I knew that they would send them free. That day they were offering a free tote but the store ran out. I was told that a tote would be sent with the boots. When my boots arrived there was not a tote in the box so I called shoephoria. The customer service rep. who answered told me the cashier did not scan my card & that's why I didn't get the tote. Then she told me after I told her the date that I bought the shoes that they ran out that day. I wasn't sure whether to believe her or not. She said “Sorry I'll make sure you get 5% off.” To me she did not seem sincere.

I went back to buy a can of repellant for my boots. I told Leighanne my story. She apologized a few times. She is very customer service oriented. She offered another tote similar to the one offered. She also told me to bring in my receipt & she would take an additional amount off my receipt. I went back a couple of days later as I work a couple of blocks away from your store. She refunded back half my bill. I was very surprised & did not expect that. I very much appreciate the service that turned this bad situation around. I am a customer for LIFE.

Normally I do not give negative online reviews. I ordered $180 worth of shoes from DSW. I filled out the shipping information correctly, however their system read my address wrong (it was "too long" for the address field) so my order was undeliverable and auto shipped back to sender. When I called, the CS rep was not helpful. I then called right back to try my luck with a different CS rep. Slightly better, but still very unsure of how to handle the situation. The pair of shoes I had ordered turned out to be the last available pair. They were being returned to sender and I was to be refunded for the shoes once they received them. If I wanted those shoes (which I did), I would have to quote, "check to see once they were restocked online and order them again." Remember this is the last pair available, so I also would have to compete with potential other buyers to get them! This seems like a very very terrible policy.

Why couldn't they simply receive them, update the address and resend them? That would make too much sense. In DSW's defense, they offered to send my other pair with a $10 discount on next day shipping. However, by this point I was pretty upset and decided to buy shoes elsewhere. DSW, business starts with Customer Service. The CS reps I spoke with were borderline clueless. Even the floor manager I spoke with, not helpful, slightly rude and not understanding (Tina). Your policy is terrible and needs to be more customer centered. ESPECIALLY when I am not at fault. The root of this starts with the address, which was entered correctly (I can show my original order confirmation). Somehow your system passed the address incorrectly to FedEx. Disgruntled (no longer) customer.

I haven't had much luck in buying online so EVERY time I return my purchase, I personally pay the return shipping myself yet DSW continually deducts $8.50 from my return instead of taking the time to see I did NOT use their return shipping label. Happens EVERY time. I have to call for the credit as I'm not paying 2x in shipping returns. Getting the credit has never been a problem but I shouldn't have to continually call about this recurring issue. I'm done w/ DSW!

I do order a substantial amount online from this company because they never seem to have the sizes in stock at the store. This time I realized after I hit "submit" for my latest order that I ordered the wrong size. Within minutes I was on the phone to try and correct this. I was previously told that an order can be cancelled within the first hour. After 20 minutes waiting for someone to answer, I hung up and sent an email. Several hours later, I received an email response. I was also able to reach someone on the phone. Both of their responses said that "the order is too far along the process" to do anything. They can try and put a cancel on the order, but there is no guarantee this will happen. I feel taken advantage of, and will be looking to take my business elsewhere.

Was placing my order for my daughter's items for the first day of school. Decided to do in store pick up since they had been advertising quite a bit. Little did I know that they treat those orders as if you placed them on hold. They will send you emails to say, "Pick up ready with the date in which you need to pick it up by and the next things you know in a day or two" - send you a, "Oops we no longer have your item!" I have never experienced anything like this! I purchased the items online assuming they were mine, never thinking if I don't get there as soon as they send me that email they will sell my order off. I highly recommend to everyone to NEVER use this as you will not get your things. Now my HS daughter will not have your shoes and other items to start the first day of school off right. DSW, I have no idea what you were thinking but this is not how you keep a customer!

I bought a pair of Bjorndal slip-on wedge leather shoes and the wedge leather is peeling after just wearing them four times. HAVING PROBLEM SEND IMAGES. I CAN SEND THEM TO YOU IF YOU SEND AN ADDRESS.

I purchased a pair of Bjorndal clogs during a previous season. That particular brand of clog is one that until now I had always considered to be top quality merchandise, because of their durability. Some other Bjorndal shoes that I own I have had for YEARS and they still have good tread on the soles and fine leather uppers.

However, for whatever reason, the clogs that I called DSW about are defective. The clog is designed with a one-piece molded sole that has narrow fissures across the bottom for non-slip traction. With the equivalent of just a few months wear, the soles split all the way down through one of the fissures to the depth of the arch of the shoe itself! Given the good experiences I have had in the past with Bjorndal brand shoes, I tried to locate contact information for the company to report the issue. I no longer have the original shoebox they came in, so I called DSW customer service ONLY TO FIND INFORMATION ON THE MANUFACTURER.

I knew full well when I called that I have had those shoes longer than for the term of DSW's return policy (2 months) and WAS NOT in any manner, way, shape or form looking for a refund or adjustment from DSW. I called asking for help to locate the manufacturer. The customer service representative was cordial in taking the information found on the shoe itself to try to locate manufacturer information. She was unable to find any manufacturer information when looking by brand or style number. She informed me that since it was past 2 months, there was no way that she could find any information on the manufacturer! Say what??? She said that I could bring the shoes back to the store, but unless they still had the same exact shoe still for sale (highly unlikely), that they probably couldn't help either.

Huh??? They still sell product by this manufacturer and they can't locate contact information for them? I mentioned to the customer service rep that most people keep their shoes for longer than 2 months, so how do you handle a problem when it occurs after that time? I really take no issue with the fact that DSW and companies like them set limits on returns. What I take issue with is the fact that it sounds like they just don't give a rat's carcass about whether they are selling trash merchandise or not.

My impression of the merchandise offered at DSW has been that it is generally the same good merchandise available at other major retailers, except that it can include overstock. I did not think that maybe they would be selling inferior stock, like manufacturers' seconds or irregulars. But perhaps they are? Based on the conversation I had today with their customer service rep, it doesn't seem like they are much interested in upholding the integrity of their brand or the merchandise they sell. I haven't decided whether I want to buy the same brand of clog again. Given prior good experiences, maybe that company deserves a second chance. But, if I do decide to buy that brand again, it would be interesting to buy it a different store to increase the chance that I would not be buying an inferior product.

Shoes were purchased and business sent wrong shoes in the right box. DSW did not accept responsibility for the error, though did accept the return. The service person indicated that DSW receives shoes from outside vendors and does not, at any level, verify that the shoes sent match the box. They were unwilling to obtain the shoes purchased, stating the shoe was out of stock. Links were sent to the company for which the shoes were available and DSW refused to pursue these options. They were poorly responsive to emails and did not accommodate a request to talk with a more senior customer service representative or manager.

To make matters worse, the day after I received confirmation that the shoe return was received and being processed, DSW re-posted the shoe to their website. Though someone else ordered and I was unable to confirm the size, it is curious to see this and raises concern that the identical error was made and the wrong shoe was restocked (as that shoe was not in stock at any point during the prior week).

The reason for this review is due to customer service. I have ordered with them over the past three years and have always given away the shoes or boots after I buy them. The website needs to be updated to specifically note their policies. I have spoken to rude Customer Service Reps who when I asked for a supervisor, they put me on hold for an extended period and then, they offer you rewards and this affects the shipping costs. If you get free shipping, and then try to use your rewards, the shipping charges apply. Then the "processing" and "shipping" window dates are a joke.

One thing is posted on the website, and then another thing is explained when you call. I guess it depends on which shift is working in the Customer Service Unit... but after three years... I have had it. I was doing Live Chat on the computer at the same time I was on the phone with Customer Service and really thought this was the show "Punk'd". I got two different responses to the same questions. Quick to take your money, slow to correct the cancellation of the order.

I purchased shoes in October 2015. I used my bank debit card to make the purchase. I am not sure the reason, but the funds were not debited from my card the day of purchase. I checked my bank account on yesterday, 01/27/2016 and saw a purchase that I didn't make. Well wouldn't you know, after some research, it was the charge from my purchase in October. I immediately called customer service. I was told an attempt to debit the funds was made several times with no luck. That was a lie. I never disputed the fact that I make the purchase. I have a rewards card and you have my information. Why didn't someone contact me and let me know the payment was never processed?

I tried to purchase boots online with gift cards. There was a problem with the website accepting my gift cards with an insufficient funds issue although I had never used the card before. I tried the following day to place my order on my computer instead of my phone because they said it might have been an issue with an older browser. When I entered the gift card # in, it said that there was $0.00 on both of my gift cards. I had to wait on hold forever until I talked to a person who finally placed my order for me. This was one of the worst customer service experiences I have had in my life and I will never purchase anything from DSW again.

My wife ordered a new pair of wedge heel boots from the DSW website. when they came in they were defective. Returned them to the local store and they reordered a new pair. The "new" pair arrived and it was very apparent that they had been worn and returned. Soles were dirty on both along with dark spots (these were Taupe color). Returned them to the local store and local store agreed they looked used. While there they ordered another pair which arrived in two days which was suspicious since the other two pairs took 7-10 days to arrive. The pair that arrived in two days were the same exact pair that we returned to the local store.

Contacted DSW customer service, informed them of the situation. They agreed to send a "hand picked" pair and once we received them and were satisfied we could take the used pair back to the store. Two days later order was cancelled, "no longer available." Called DSW customer service again, they searched and said they have 36 pairs available. Once again promised we will receive new pair sent to our house. Once again two days later order is cancelled "no longer available." DSW has become the worst mail order business to deal with and we will no longer use them for anything.

Never, ever again will I place an online order with DSW. Placed an order for some wedge tennis shoe. The shipment was sent timely but the box of shoes ripped and the shoes looked like they have already been used, however I let that pass but the problem was the shoes were too big for me. So because on their website it said free shipping and free returns I gave a try. I sent the shoes back AND they send me an email saying it was being processed and it was free of charge FOR RETURNS. The next week I check my bank statement, they deducted $9.00 off for shipping. I should have gone with Foot Locker where I never have a problem.

Over two months ago, my wife and I entered the DSW store in Tyler, Texas. There was a faulty lock corner plate on the front entry door, and my wife's thumb was caught by a corner. The door was being opened, and, with her thumb caught, she was thrown backward and landed on the back of her head on the concrete outside the store. The skin on her thumb was also torn off. We went inside the store, and employees provided initial first aid. My wife was then taken to a local emergency medical facility, where she received attention for her head and hand injuries. A claim form, as provided by DSW, was filled out. Although a claim form was filled out, in the two months since the incident, DSW has not once contacted us to determine my wife's condition or to make any attempts to settle the claim. They have demonstrated an extreme disregard for the well-being of their customers.

UPDATED ON 01/22/2016: A short time later, we received a telephone call from a representative of CorVel In Baltimore, Maryland. He said that he would be handling our claim. His manner was condescending. We explained to him the events as described above. He stated that he had not yet seen the surveillance video of the incident. He was not present at the time of the incident. Baltimore is about 1400 miles away from Tyler, Texas, where the event occurred. Nonetheless, he stated that "you probably just slipped and fell." In other words, he took the position that we lied about how the injuries occurred.

After we spoke with the CorVel person, and provided medical release forms, we expected that we would be contacted by either CorVel or DSW within a reasonable time. That was not the case. Two months passed, and we had no further contact from either company. We can only assume that DSW and its claim partner, CorVel, simply let our claim sit idle because, after all, we were only two older people who would probably forget about the incident.

I finally had a telephone call from DSW, after waiting two months. I had written to various people at DSW, and that apparently prompted the call. The DSW manager told me to talk to CorVel. I told him that, because of the fact that CorVel had called us liars about the manner in which the accident occurred, we needed a DVD of the surveillance video to prove our description of the events surrounding the accident. To date, we have not received that DVD. DSW has not, at any time, inquired as to the health and recovery of my wife. They don't care. Neither DSW nor CorVel is a member of the Better Business Bureau. To learn more about DSW, google "EEOC DSW". For more on DSW's claim partner, google "CorVel Maze of Pain", and a video is found at "CorVel Red Tape".

NEVER ORDER FROM DSW UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN A TOTAL NIGHTMARE. Ordered shoes that I never received. Tried email, no response. Called customer service 5 times, connected with a computer and was disconnected after being on hold for about 20 minutes the first 4 times. The fifth I was on hold for over an hour. I finally got someone who used the "it's busy here" excuse, did not resolve my problem but told me I had to call back tomorrow so they can start an "investigation". So I guess I need to take the day off to call DSW so I can be on hold all day. DSW needs to be held accountable for taking money out of my account and never sending me the product. They should also be held accountable for their terrible customer service. Telling everyone I know about this horrible experience to save them from the same fate.

I always had good experiences with DSW. Within the last two years, I purchased at least 8 pairs of shoes from them online and never had a problem. But when I do have one problem... it's the worst problem I could think of. I ordered a pair of black heels two weeks early since I need them for a party. I did not get free shipping, I paid for shipping. The heels arrived by the Thursday of the first week and I was excited as it only took them two days. Unfortunately, these people don't even check the shoes twice before shipping. The box and everything else says 6M, but the heels themselves were 7. I was really aggravated at that point.

I called a store closest to me and was told the heels were not here. I attempted to call another close store in Manhattan, and the call kept repeating the menu in a loop no matter what button I pressed. I finally decided to call CSR on DSW website and the wait was too long; I hung up. Finally, after 40 minutes in one call, I finally got to speak to someone who told me I have two options, do an exchange online, in-store, or return to a store. The location she suggested to exchange didn't have the shoes available after I wasted my time going there. I decided to just return it to the store since I don't want to deal with their online exchange as I was told it's a nightmare.

Of course, even with their mistake, a return to the store means you lose the shipping cost. They did not refund me the money for the mistake they made. On top of that, ordering a brand new pair from their website cost me shipping again, which means I am paying extra for something I shouldn't even have to. Great shoes and options, but poor customer service. It is now week two, and the replacement heels still haven't shipped. I'm never ordering from their website ever again... I rather go to the store now.

I wanted to buy shoes and a pair of socks online. After I submitted the order I received an email according to which I had only placed order for socks. The order total did not even make any sense. Why am I paying $7.95 shipping if I have $20 off? I called the customer care which was another bad experience. I was on waiting for almost 20 mins. The lady on the phone said she cannot cancel my order. The solution she offered me was to return my order to a store. I was given no explanation as to why I was charged for shipping.

I ordered 2 pairs of boots for 30% off. 4 days later I was notified that one pair of boots was unavailable. I had already received one pair. # days after that, I was billed the full price for the first pair of boots. I called and had to wait about 15 minutes on hold. When I spoke to someone, they immediately agreed to refund the 30% off. I understand they resolved the issue, but I had to keep checking my credit card to see what they charged and have the time to call and wait for them to answer. I assume they rely on people not being able to follow up on the details of the purchase. When I asked about the other boots, I was told the inventory online isn't up to date. No apologies. Would not recommend shopping online with DSW. They don't appear to be trustworthy.

For the most part DSW has had wonderful employees. Ordering is another story due to the long wait time. I have now learned that the Sketcher shoes they get have to be seconds. Anyway, after getting several bad fitting shoes, returning them to the store, where this time I was not treated well, and losing my points I notified the company and got a UPS special delivery letter from their legal dept that I am banned from the store, banned from Shoe Euphoria and so on and so forth. I actually am not upset, just disgusted and will let my friends know. This is pretty sad. Also there is no accommodation for handicapped, like any sort of carts manual and electric. It's the most inconvenient store ever. The bathroom is at the back. I am 80 years old and disabled.

I put in the initial order for my Sorel Tivoli High II Snow Boots (item 306582) on 10/29/2015, over a month ago. I have yet to receive these shoes. The initial order email said that the shoes would ship between 4-7 business days, and that I would receive a email once shipped. After two weeks not having received an email, I called the customer service line and the automated service line confirmed that the order would ship in a matter of days. A week later, I called the customer service line again on 11/23 and the automated service said that my order was scheduled to ship on 11/21, a date which had already passed. I asked to speak with a customer service representative and was connected with Donna.

Donna was an excellent customer service representative, she was polite and friendly and offered to help with this issue from start to finish. Donna determined that for some unknown reason, because I had purchased the shoes using two gift cards, the order was in a "pending" status and had never officially processed. She said that she would need to speak with someone in their back office, which was closed at the time I had called, and give me a callback the following day on 11/24. Donna called me back 5 times the next day and left 2 messages while I was at work. I tried reconnecting with her during my lunch break but she was not available. The customer service representative I spoke to said that Donna did not leave detailed notes on my account but would ask her too once she finished the call she was currently on.

My second voicemail from Donna stated that my initial order needed to be cancelled, and then reprocessed, and that she would re-credit my gift cards so that I could rerun the transaction, or call and provide permission to do so. She also said that she would go ahead and overnight the shoes to me. I called the customer service line back on 11/24 and spoke with a different representative, Danielle.

Danielle looked into the transaction and came to the same conclusion as Donna - it needed to be reprocessed. She checked the notes on the account and saw that Donna has recredited my gift cards. However, this was only partially true. Donna did recredit 1 out of my 2 gift cards in full, however the second one's balance had been zeroed out, and had not been recredited whatsoever. After another long hold time, Danielle was able to recredit that gift card as well - and eventually did reprocess the transaction as initially requested. I was never offered any sort of explanation as far as what occurred or caused the issue. Danielle assured me that the shoes would be overnighted, and that I would see the shoes by Friday since Thursday was a holiday and delivery would not be available.

It is Monday, November 30th, and I have now waited over a month for these snow boots! It has since snowed twice in Denver, Colorado - which is the reason I bought the snow boots in the first place! Having worked in customer service for years, and retail as well, I tend to have a greater appreciation of patience for situations in which delays occur, etc. However, I can't believe that I paid close to $150 for snow boots that I have yet to see a full 32 days later.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse is a retailer with more than 400 brick-and-mortar locations across the United States and an online store, dsw.com. They sell a large selection of shoes for women, men and children.

• Store locations: Customers can purchase shoes online at dsw.com and then pick them up in their local DSW store. There is no charge for this service, and consumers can instantly return their purchase if they don’t like it or it doesn’t fit properly. Some items are available the same day.
  • Discounts: DSW offers discounted prices on popular name brands. The store has regular sales and clearance items, and it offers consumers a rewards program for other special discounts.
  • Selection: The store’s website offers an even wider selection of shoes than is available in the company’s stores. This selection is much better when it comes to extended size options. Customers can search for women’s sizes 3.5 to 13, and they can find an ample selection of sizes 5.5 to 11 on the site.
  • Returns: Customers can return orders to any DSW location for free. They can make exchanges by mail for free as well.
  • Best for DSW has shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers, budget-conscious shoppers, deal lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Compare Shoes Online