3.6/5 (135 ratings)

About DSW

DSW Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DSW?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I ordered socks and sneakers and paid for two day shipping, only the socks came in. I called customer service and she said they hadn’t been shipped. I asked for a refund and to cancel the order, she agreed. She called me again and told me it would come in today so I waited and it did not come in. I called twice more… one person told me it would come in Friday, another said Monday. A supervisor told me the two previous agents put in an order replacement. They did not ask me if I wanted this, they just lied to me and said it had shipped. I never got any email with the shipping information, which the “in process” email I had prior said I would receive once it shipped.

I am extremely dissatisfied with this customer service. I was lied to twice and no one can give me any concrete information on when the shoes will arrive. I STILL do not have an email with shipping information! If it was sent like they said why don’t I have this information? I don’t appreciate the run-around I’ve been getting. If it wasn’t shipped just tell me and let me cancel it. If you’re going to ship it then give me tracking information.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I ordered several pairs of shoes from DSW's online store on 9/1/2022. Today is 10/5/2022 and they still have not shipped my order. I have emailed customer service on 3 occasions to inquire about the status of my shipment and have been given the runaround in the first 2 emails, they did not even respond to my 3rd email. They blamed the order delay on "the order is waiting to be assigned to a store." Extremely poor customer service and an overall frustrating experience to say the least!

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I returned 2 pairs of shoes and only received a refund for 1. I emailed them several times and they insist they refunded the full amount, when they only gave me a partial refund. I talked to my credit card issuer and they confirmed that only partial refund was received. It turns that when I initially placed the order for 2 pairs of shoes, they charged the full amount. The items did not ship together, so when the 1 pair shipped they charged me again for that pair. They must have realized immediately and refunded the duplicate charge the next day. So when I returned both pairs, they somehow only refunded 1 of them. I believe it has something to do with the accidental charge/refund. They continue to insist that they refunded the full amount when my credit card says otherwise and they refuse to work with me. I will never shop here again.

Original review: May 30, 2022

I had a reward for $30 off of $50 and spend literally an hour and a half deciding what I wanted, and WASTED expensive gas only to find out that the deal did not apply to like ANY brand besides Sketchers and Adidas. Not shopping at DSW again cause this was DECEPTIVE. I do not appreciate this so called DEAL at all. Left empty handed, just with the useless coupon in my hand.

Original review: May 30, 2022

We received a card in the mail to receive $30 off any purchase over $50. They claim it is like a gift for being a good customer. When we went to the DSW store, we found a pair of Crocs for $50 and went to check out - thinking we could use the card and purchase the shoes for $20. However, the woman at the checkout counter said that some brands were not eligible for the $30 and the Crocs would not be discounted. There was no mention of a brand exclusion anywhere on the card. Totally bogus store. We will never shop at DSW for shoes again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I ordered an in stock item. The product shipped with a tracking number. I never received the order. I was offered a replacement or a refund, I chose the replacement as it was a gift. After the stated wait time I inquired about a tracking number. I was given the runaround for about a week claiming the item would ship eventually. After numerous emails asking for details they refunded my order claiming it was a glitch in the system. I would have been more accepting of this had they done it in the beginning instead of lying to me. Complete waste of time.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I've been buying most of my work and athletic shoes from DSW for well over 15 years. They've always had a great selection of men's shoes and the coupon perks were always a good attraction to get me into the store to shop. In the past year the selection has dropped along with available sizes and all shoes are full price. They mail you store coupons to get you back in store and when you find something worth purchasing the coupons don't work for that brand.

I asked for a store manager and asked to see what brands the coupons were not good for and the list had over 50 brands, all the shoes I wanted to purchase. When I asked if they could give me a copy of the list or better yet a list of the brands that were covered (all 10 of them) she said she was sorry but couldn't supply that to me. I will never, ever shop in a DSW store again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I made my first purchase from DSW of some UGGS Slippers. I specifically asked the store employee if these shoes were seconds or were made specifically for discount stores, and was told “no, we take a loss on the sale of UGGS, as this is one of our loss leaders to get people into the store.” Within 3 weeks these new slippers (worn only in the house) were failing — the fur lining in the insole was bunching up and pulling away from the edges of the insole — it appeared to have never been bonded to the midsole except around the edges.

I returned them to DSW for a refund, showing them the manufacturer’s defect in the shoe. This sales person said that these were indeed a cheaper discount line of the UGGS products (so the previous DSW employee had lied to me). She said that DSW is not the shoe’s manufacturer and therefore is not responsible for any defects. She very reluctantly agreed to give me STORE CREDIT for the purchase. I told them that I wanted my cash back for a defective shoe, but she flatly refused. Since DSW DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS, I would NEVER again deal with DSW, as they don’t sell quality products and as a result, they refuse to support their customers with the products they sell. Beware!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I used to love DSW but this is the fourth time they've sold me "new shoes" that have come worn, dirty and disgusting. This time it was a pair of sneakers that came in a box with no lid, a jelly-like substance on the inside of them, and reeked of someone else's feet. Each time their customer service are difficult to work with, unapologetic, and it makes it very clear that this is a common place complaint for them. There are so many excellent bargain brands for shoes, it's absolutely not worth it to spend money at DSW to have to go out of your way to fix the mess they made selling "new" shoes in horrific condition. It's an unhygienic, misleading, and a truly disgusting practice of theirs.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

DSW mails coupons out. When you try to use them in store they do NOT apply to most of their stock. USELESS. They used to mail out valid coupons/discounts. Think I'll stick to Famous Footwear. Their coupons are valid on All Stock!!?!

DSW author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse is a retailer with more than 400 brick-and-mortar locations across the United States and an online store, dsw.com. They sell a large selection of shoes for women, men and children.

• Store locations: Customers can purchase shoes online at dsw.com and then pick them up in their local DSW store. There is no charge for this service, and consumers can instantly return their purchase if they don’t like it or it doesn’t fit properly. Some items are available the same day.

• Discounts: DSW offers discounted prices on popular name brands. The store has regular sales and clearance items, and it offers consumers a rewards program for other special discounts.

• Selection: The store’s website offers an even wider selection of shoes than is available in the company’s stores. This selection is much better when it comes to extended size options. Customers can search for women’s sizes 3.5 to 13, and they can find an ample selection of sizes 5.5 to 11 on the site.

• Returns: Customers can return orders to any DSW location for free. They can make exchanges by mail for free as well.

DSW Company Information