2. Shopping
  3. Shoes Online

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

DSW Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DSW?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DSW?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

DSW offers a great supply of shoes in varying styles, colors, and prices for men, women and children. I like the constant rotation of product and the fact they have physical locations to enjoy.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Just 3 letters is all I need to say: DSW! They have hundreds of BRAND NAME shoes for such reasonable prices. Looking for a specific style/brand? DSW! Even Picky shoppers will be addicted to DSW.

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

DSW has a great selection of shoes especially heels, great rewards program and good customer service. I like shoes for my medical office as well and I took one star away because they have a few choice.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I love DSW for the huge selection and the rewards. I am able to get free shipping as well as easy returns. I find that there is a greater selection online on the sale items.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I have always had a great experience with DSW. They have an amazing shoe selection, deliver on time and you can sign up to receive emails when they have sales. People always compliment my DSW shoes.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I clearly understand that I selected the standard shipping option for 4-7 business days. But, damn, I ordered my item on 4/7 and a week later 4/17 I have yet to receive an email regarding my item. I would rather order from Amazon. I've never waited this long for an order from Amazon. No wonder why Amazon is the reason why some businesses are closing forever.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Ordered shoes early January. Received a couple of days ago. This was my first purchase ever from DSW, and I was so excited. I opened the box only to find filthy, disgusting, smelly used shoes. I ordered all white shoes, so it was obvious that they had been worn. Called customer service and they said to return by mail or to store. I returned to store same day, and got my refund. I emailed them the next day to send them pictures of the shoes, and to also explain to them that they charged me $7.95 and that it was still pending in my bank account. They denied ever charging me that. They didn’t seem shocked by the dirty shoes and offered me $20 off my next purchase. Let’s just say I’m never ordering from DSW ever again, and I will never recommend to anyone I know.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I have been a loyal DSW/ShoeCompany/ShoeWarehouse customer for years. A few months ago we had to move and there isn't one of these local to me and traveling is obviously not an option. Therefore I purchases a pair of boots online. The boots arrived and were not what I wanted so I wanted to return them. This is when I learn that I will have to pay to return these boots. I will own that I did not research in their return policy section that they don't do prepaid returns for shipped merchandise, but I have actually never encountered this ever with all my online shopping and especially during Covid all online purchases I have made have provided prepaid return slips.

When I called to check this I was told that my options were to bring them in (not an option for me) or pay to return them and that this is on their website. Yup, it is but not on the main page where they gladly advertise free shipping to you but no "warning you will have to pay almost half of what you paid for the boots to return them"... Terrible return policy especially during a global pandemic - you've lost a customer for life based on this... I'm leaving my review as a warning to others because these days to ask customers to take a financial risk like that is not only ridiculous but super uncommon and I'm sure others would just assume like me that a company like this wouldn't ask that of people, especially during Covid. I would have NEVER bought these boots if I knew this. Again, lost a customer for life because a totally outdated and unthoughtful return policy.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

My wife purchased 3 pairs of shoes on line for Christmas for our grandkids. They charged our card an additional $50.00 per pair of shoes without telling us. When my wife called they told her they do that now and the charges would drop off after 3 or 4 days. First of all, where do they get off charging more than the price of the shoes? Second the charges have not dropped off yet. Had they made this policy known to us we would have used a credit card, or not purchased from DSW at all. It's just lucky we have extra money in the bank, not everyone does. Think of a person that is just getting by in these times. They could bounce several items waiting for these fees to fall off. That's assuming they do. We will never buy anything from these crooks again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

On Nov 19, 2020, before purchasing online, I called the company to see if I could get a discount. I got a code for 40% off and immediately after hanging up, I went online to make a purchase and use the code provided, but the code was rejected. I called the company again and was told that there was nothing they could do, so I decided to make the purchase without the discount. When I went to check out, there was a web malfunction so I called the company the third time and was told by an agent that she will facilitate the purchase and assured me that she would give me the discount.

She transferred me to another agent and explained to me that the agent would give me 40% off. However, the last agent told me that she could not give me a discount. Not only did I feel like a bouncing ball, but a lot of time was wasted because I had to hold for a long. I am not going to use any names, but the executives of this company, recently renamed Designer Brands, are not doing their jobs.

DSW author review by ConsumerAffairs

DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse is a retailer with more than 400 brick-and-mortar locations across the United States and an online store, dsw.com. They sell a large selection of shoes for women, men and children.

• Store locations: Customers can purchase shoes online at dsw.com and then pick them up in their local DSW store. There is no charge for this service, and consumers can instantly return their purchase if they don’t like it or it doesn’t fit properly. Some items are available the same day.

• Discounts: DSW offers discounted prices on popular name brands. The store has regular sales and clearance items, and it offers consumers a rewards program for other special discounts.

• Selection: The store’s website offers an even wider selection of shoes than is available in the company’s stores. This selection is much better when it comes to extended size options. Customers can search for women’s sizes 3.5 to 13, and they can find an ample selection of sizes 5.5 to 11 on the site.

• Returns: Customers can return orders to any DSW location for free. They can make exchanges by mail for free as well.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team