2. Shopping
  3. Shoes Online

3.6/5 (291 ratings)

About Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payless ShoeSource?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payless ShoeSource?

Original review: June 21, 2021

I purchased 6 pairs of size 7 shoes for my 12 & 14 yr old girls. The shoes arrived & were too small. I spent 20.00 to return them & reordered the exact 6 pair in a size 8.5. Received shoes, again fit exactly the same as the 7. I reached out to Payless & said, "I'm spending 40.00 on returns when these shoes are not true to fit, and there is no return location. Can you all at least grant me free returns." They said no! I asked for corporate #. I was told they don't have a corporate #. They can only be reached by email or live chat....costly returns, unable to verbally speak to a representative, shoes are not true to size.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I purchased a pair of shoes from payless.com several months ago. I took them out of the box to wear today (they were white so out of season when purchased) and I had 2 left shoes. Payless will provide a refund but I have to pay for return shipping. Before I pay $10 to ship them back to them I will throw them in the trash and never shop there again. I would caution you to not shop there either as this is UNACCEPTABLE customer service.

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

They can't be contacted by numerous phone numbers they provided and they did not send the merchandise I ordered and paid for. The company may be out of business but they still advertise online and take orders. I have also tried to contact the walk-in stores with no success. My e-mails to their customer service message dept. goes unanswered.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I bought these costly shoes from Payless store in Surrey. But these shoes are utter waste. How they are getting US Patent. How the Government of US given the patent for these dirty waste shoes. These shoes for only 2 months. I never seen like these dirty waste shoes before. This is the first time to see US Patented shoes. My sincere suggestion - don't buy. Looks beautiful. Not worth. It's not even for 2 months. No durability.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I entered into the location in Roseville, CA to make a purchase. I inquired about checking balance on my gift card. The young associate explained they were no longer able to accept gift cards but I could contact corporate. I continued to look around & came to the counter with items I intended to purchase. I asked the young lady if there was any way I could check the balance to see if it was even worth the hassle of dealing with corporate. She approached the manager to ask. She came back w/ manager & manager was telling about how it doesn't even matter because no gift cards will be honored after March 12th & corporate won't do anything because they wiped the money off the cards. So it's a complete loss. Her delivery & attitude for a manager is completely unacceptable.

I walked out without purchasing anything at this point. There was no reason for her to act like that. I contacted corporate & someone in the call center answered. They chose to engage with conversation amongst other employees rather than assisting me. Now I see why they are going out of business. So unprofessional. Regardless of closing it's still important to treat the customers with respect.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I bought a rainboots and Jojo bow for my daughter in Payless Promenade but then I asked the saleslady to put in the plastic bag. She told me when item that can be hold should not give a plastic bag. Really??? PS she saw me that I have a 2 yrs old that I need to hold too. And I asked her if I can change the size if not fit to my daughter, she told me, "Don’t buy if you're not sure with the size" with tone of voice. She’s look like not happy with her work, come on girl resigned if you're tired and not happy with your work.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This is the first time I am reviewing any product but Payless made me do this. I got their shoes which are soo uncomfortable to walk even till another room. I am never buying any shoe from this brand. Please stay away from this brand. Better pay little more and get something you can walk on.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

This is the worst return policy I have ever seen. I will not buy another thing from Payless Shoes. You pay with a Debit card and use your pin (Not a credit card) and they do not want to give you cash back if you want to return it. I waited for 2 weeks for the money to be put back into my account. ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE US A DEBIT CARD PURCHASE IS CONSIDERED CASH! Wake up Payless Shoes Execs or you will continue to lose customers over a horrible return policy. You didn't have to wait for my money to hit your account so why do you make other people wait 2 weeks to get their money from you. Whoever came up with this policy should be let go and the policy changed. IT's ridiculous and takes advantage of customers.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I availed the two plus one offer at Payless, I was content with my purchase only till I got home. When I unwrapped the box, both sides of my shoe were of a different size. When I went to get it exchanged, they refused to have the same size, which means some other customer still has a different sized pair and is unaware of it. Total carelessness on the part of the sales girls. On top of that I had a hard time looking for shoes that suited me and were in the same price range. All the shoes I have purchased have a terrible comfort level, leaving me with sore feet and shoe bites.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

How do I begin. I'm a 57 year old grandma trying to get my grandchildren some Christmas shoes. I ordered on the 27th of November. They put a hold on the money immediately. Then I hear nothing. Yesterday I called on hold 20 min. Finally hung up and sent an email asking whats going on. Still says processing and it's been a week. No one writes back. So today when checking my bank I see two different charges to places I don't know. Panicked I call the bank and they canceled my card. Also a automatic payment didn't go through because of these charges.

Then in the meantime I look up these places and one said something shoes. So I go to call Payless and 30 min later on hold hang up again. Try to write email. After all is done couldn't submit. The email wouldn't work. So I had an experience with a less reputable company and they put a hold right away when I ordered then charged as they were sending all the while the initial hold is still pending. I don't have extra money just to be sitting in the bank. Barely could afford these shoes and now I don't even know if they will get them and if I was charged twice for nothing. In tears right now and can't sleep. Please save yourself this stress. Don't order online from this company.

Payless ShoeSource author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Payless ShoeSource was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Topeka, Kan. The shoe retailer has nearly 4,500 retail locations and an online store, and they sell shoes for adults and children.

• Customer service: Consumers with questions or problems can reach a customer service representative by phone or email. Representatives are available between 7:30am and midnight every day of the week.

• Store locations: Consumers can have their payless.com purchases shipped to their local Payless store and pick them item up in as little as 3 days. They can also return items ordered online to a brick-and-mortar location.

• Selection: Payless has boots, dress shoes, sandals, sneakers, heels and other styles for women, children and men. Consumers can find most styles in some extended sizes. Women’s sizes 5 to 13 are available on payless.com.

• Sole Style Blog: Consumers can read about fashion and see tips on styling their purchases on Payless’ Sole Style Blog. They can also follow the blog on Twitter and Facebook.

• Deals: Payless offers inexpensive shoes and frequently has sales and other discount events. Their prices mean fashion lovers and budget-conscious shoppers can purchase multiple pairs for the same amount they might spend on a single pair elsewhere.

Payless ShoeSource Company Information