3.62/5

117 Payless ShoeSource Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 28, 2019

I entered into the location in Roseville, CA to make a purchase. I inquired about checking balance on my gift card. The young associate explained they were no longer able to accept gift cards but I could contact corporate. I continued to look around & came to the counter with items I intended to purchase. I asked the young lady if there was any way I could check the balance to see if it was even worth the hassle of dealing with corporate. She approached the manager to ask. She came back w/ manager & manager was telling about how it doesn't even matter because no gift cards will be honored after March 12th & corporate won't do anything because they wiped the money off the cards. So it's a complete loss. Her delivery & attitude for a manager is completely unacceptable.

I walked out without purchasing anything at this point. There was no reason for her to act like that. I contacted corporate & someone in the call center answered. They chose to engage with conversation amongst other employees rather than assisting me. Now I see why they are going out of business. So unprofessional. Regardless of closing it's still important to treat the customers with respect.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I bought a rainboots and Jojo bow for my daughter in Payless Promenade but then I asked the saleslady to put in the plastic bag. She told me when item that can be hold should not give a plastic bag. Really??? PS she saw me that I have a 2 yrs old that I need to hold too. And I asked her if I can change the size if not fit to my daughter, she told me, "Don’t buy if you're not sure with the size" with tone of voice. She’s look like not happy with her work, come on girl resigned if you're tired and not happy with your work.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This is the first time I am reviewing any product but Payless made me do this. I got their shoes which are soo uncomfortable to walk even till another room. I am never buying any shoe from this brand. Please stay away from this brand. Better pay little more and get something you can walk on.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

This is the worst return policy I have ever seen. I will not buy another thing from Payless Shoes. You pay with a Debit card and use your pin (Not a credit card) and they do not want to give you cash back if you want to return it. I waited for 2 weeks for the money to be put back into my account. ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE US A DEBIT CARD PURCHASE IS CONSIDERED CASH! Wake up Payless Shoes Execs or you will continue to lose customers over a horrible return policy. You didn't have to wait for my money to hit your account so why do you make other people wait 2 weeks to get their money from you. Whoever came up with this policy should be let go and the policy changed. IT's ridiculous and takes advantage of customers.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I availed the two plus one offer at Payless, I was content with my purchase only till I got home. When I unwrapped the box, both sides of my shoe were of a different size. When I went to get it exchanged, they refused to have the same size, which means some other customer still has a different sized pair and is unaware of it. Total carelessness on the part of the sales girls. On top of that I had a hard time looking for shoes that suited me and were in the same price range. All the shoes I have purchased have a terrible comfort level, leaving me with sore feet and shoe bites.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payless ShoeSource?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

How do I begin. I'm a 57 year old grandma trying to get my grandchildren some Christmas shoes. I ordered on the 27th of November. They put a hold on the money immediately. Then I hear nothing. Yesterday I called on hold 20 min. Finally hung up and sent an email asking whats going on. Still says processing and it's been a week. No one writes back. So today when checking my bank I see two different charges to places I don't know. Panicked I call the bank and they canceled my card. Also a automatic payment didn't go through because of these charges.

Then in the meantime I look up these places and one said something shoes. So I go to call Payless and 30 min later on hold hang up again. Try to write email. After all is done couldn't submit. The email wouldn't work. So I had an experience with a less reputable company and they put a hold right away when I ordered then charged as they were sending all the while the initial hold is still pending. I don't have extra money just to be sitting in the bank. Barely could afford these shoes and now I don't even know if they will get them and if I was charged twice for nothing. In tears right now and can't sleep. Please save yourself this stress. Don't order online from this company.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have gotten horrible service first from the store then from corporate, they false advertise then when you call because of their "mistake" they can't even match what they advertised and what is on their website and say "that's not a sale we have going on right now" ...and I have the pictures to prove they are offering this sale online and in store and then there was also a post on their Facebook page with the same offer that I was just told by corporate did not exist of the "BOGO free airwalk." I have 3 screenshots as proof and still am not even offered the equivalent of the sale they are advertising. The only thing I am told when I say this is horrible customer service for the company as a whole is "I'm sorry you feel that way but there is nothing I can do."

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I pulled up the ad for Payless Shoe Source on 9/24/2018. I was trying to find a pair of girls Twin Gore Jazz Dance Shoes for my great-granddaughter. The

shoes were advertised in the ad on sale @$14.99 a pair (reg. $29.99). When I went to the order form, and added them to my bag, the price came up @

$29.99. There was no way to get the sales price on the shoes, so I tried it again and the only thing that changed was the number of shoes I was ordering. Now I have 2 pair ordered and still no sales price in sight. Why can I not get what I want, at the advertised sales price? Why do you make it so difficult to order shoes online, with a complicated form that will not pick up the sales price from your own advertisement??? Needless to say this order is out there in limbo, and will not be completed!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have only ordered from Payless.com twice and will not order again. The first time, I was sent the correct order but the invoice in the packaging was for someone in another state who had a completely different order. One pair of shoes didn’t fit and I was only able to exchange it for another size because I could pull up the email with the order confirmation. The second time, I ordered 4 items during the BOGO sale and I also had a 20% off code that was combinable. Well, first I got an email that some of my items had shipped. Then I got an email that one of my items was cancelled. But when I went on the website, the same shoe in the same size and color was available to order and not listed as out of stock or anything.

I called customer service about it and they just said it must not have been available in the warehouse to ship. I asked if it could be shipped in half a half size bigger (since it is for a growing toddler anyway). The rep said he couldn’t tell what was available. All he could offer was a 40% off code. Well, the item was my “get one half off” item plus I had 20% off of that amount and had free shipping because of my order total. So now I’d just get 40% off and have to pay shipping and I still wouldn’t know if my order would be delivered or cancelled on me? Unacceptable!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

ON 5/24/18 I purchased a pair of shoes at Freewheel Center Garland, Texas. I returned them on 7/16/18, at your Buckingham Dr Garland, Texas, Instead of giving me a refund she charged me again. I did not notice until the next morning when I looked at my bank account. I returned to the store and explained my problem and I was told that they could only give a refund for the previous day and my purchase on 5/24/18 they could not do anything about. The associate called her supervisor and she said again they could not help. Then the associate called 1-800-426-1141 and started a claim INV ** and I have not heard from them.

I have been extremely busy and have just found time to contact you. I am going to show you the mess your employee has caused me by not refunded me my money in the first place and I don't understand what happened BUT I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Please review my documents to see what I am talking about. Thank you. Please call me if you have any questions.

Payless ShoeSource expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Payless ShoeSource was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Topeka, Kan. The shoe retailer has nearly 4,500 retail locations and an online store, and they sell shoes for adults and children.

• Customer service: Consumers with questions or problems can reach a customer service representative by phone or email. Representatives are available between 7:30am and midnight every day of the week.

• Store locations: Consumers can have their payless.com purchases shipped to their local Payless store and pick them item up in as little as 3 days. They can also return items ordered online to a brick-and-mortar location.

• Selection: Payless has boots, dress shoes, sandals, sneakers, heels and other styles for women, children and men. Consumers can find most styles in some extended sizes. Women’s sizes 5 to 13 are available on payless.com.

• Sole Style Blog: Consumers can read about fashion and see tips on styling their purchases on Payless’ Sole Style Blog. They can also follow the blog on Twitter and Facebook.

• Deals: Payless offers inexpensive shoes and frequently has sales and other discount events. Their prices mean fashion lovers and budget-conscious shoppers can purchase multiple pairs for the same amount they might spend on a single pair elsewhere.

• Best for: Payless ShoeSource has shoes for adults and children and is best for fashion lovers, budget-conscious shoppers and deal-lovers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs