1.54/5

262 DSW Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2019

I ordered a pair of Reebok sneakers for my dad and the top of the package was cut wide open. Then, when I opened it, the top of shoes' box was missing and the box looked to be pretty beat up. What makes it worse the shoes was completely exposed! I was hoping to wrap the shoes in its box for my dad to receive. I would think that they would have their shipping figured out.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes that turned out to be too big so I requested an exchange. I had got a refund but I had changed my mind and just wanted them to treat it as a return because I had unexpected daycare fees. I called three times and spoke to several different people for the last week or so to reassure that my card would not be recharged and that an exchange order would not be placed. I was told that they wouldn’t do that and that it sounded like I just got a refund and “we don’t even do it like that” but said if I was going to be recharged that I would be notified before it happened so I can say that I didn’t want it, which sounded crazy to me anyway because I was already telling them that I DIDN'T WANT THE EXCHANGE! Anyways they charged me anyways and I overdrafted. DON'T BUY FROM DSW! Save yourself some money and order from somewhere else because they overcharge for basic shoes anyways.

Original review: March 18, 2019

For the prices, you're charging there should be a better variety and product selection. These shoes look like what is left over from stores and could sell. Your stating your styles and variety of shoes are great. NOT REALLY.

Original review: March 13, 2019

BUYER BEWARE. Do not use the after pay program when making any purchases through DSW. It is a complete nightmare. I ordered online, and went to return to the store, they wanted to give me a "store credit" was my only option. So I left the store with the shoes and dropped it off at FedEx the next day in one package with return packing slip they sent with it. No today almost 10 days later they only refunded me partial. I am not getting any straight answers from anyone. If you buy, use your own source of payment or better yet cash. I am so aggravated with DSW right now.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I was really excited to find a style of snow boot similar to some Columbia Sport ones, I bought a few years back. I've been shopping online at DSW for years, without any issues. I found a pair on DSW.com and decided to purchase them because they had a good deal where you could receive a free lunch tote with shoe purchase. The snow boots came within a few days, and I was extremely shocked by the condition. They actually sent me a used pair of snow boots. The boots were clearly open boxed clearance rack shoes from one of their stores. The clearance tag sticker was on them, The box was ripped and worn, the boots were dirty and the bottoms looked like they had been returned several times.

I called customer service, only to wait for 30 minutes before I could speak with a live person. The customer service agent didn't seemed surprised by the fact of what I had received in the mail. The service rep didn't apologize on behalf of the company. She only stated that she could send out another pair, and would make sure they were inspected before being shipped. When I returned the dirty pair of boots at one of their stores, the cashier was not phased by it either...still no apologies on behalf of DSW. When I received the "new" pair, the box was in slightly better condition, but you could tell, the shoes had been worn and returned. They were not a brand new pair of shoes, which is what I paid for. This is the last time I will purchase anything from DSW.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DSW?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Have been shopping at DSW for several years, have been very pleased with the inventory, prices and service. Will continue to shop at DSW and recommend the store to my friends and family. Have never had a problem with a return and or refund.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have yet to find a product with 2 day shipping. Must be on the items they want to get rid of quickly. Additionally, their 4-7 day shipping guarantee on all others... Well, that does not include holidays and/or weekends AND only begins after they actually decide to ship which could be 4 days alone for an in stock item. Example, in stock item I ordered on 2/8 will be delivered on 2/20. All within their 4-7 day shipping policy. I have pasted their responses to my complaint below.

"We understand that being a VIP Elite member you qualify for free 2nd business day shipping. However, I would like to inform you that not all items on DSW.com are eligible for expedite shipping. Expedite shipping depends on the item location, availability and the fulfilling node. So the item(s) you purchased didn't qualify for expedite shipping and therefore the order is being fulfilled with standard shipping. As per the FedEx tracking the estimated delivery date of your order is 2/20. The estimated delivery date is just the expected delivery date of the package, it may vary as the shipment travels." Good luck with online orders. May want to try Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered a pair of boots for my upcoming trip and they told me that I could pick them up at my local store in 4 hours. While I was waiting for an email to let me know it was time to pick them up, DSW sent me an email saying that the boots were no longer available and that my order was canceled. I was pissed, but because I still needed boots I decided to go online and pick another pair to be delivered in two days. I called DSW to confirm that I would be receiving my order in two days, and they told me that the earliest I would be receiving my order would be in two days but that it could take up to a week to receive my order. This is ridiculous! If I pay for two shipping then I expect to receive my order on time???

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I ordered some dress shoes from DSW online. I received a pair that was clearly worn several time. The bottoms showed significant discoloration and wear, the straps holes where worn out, there were toe impressions, and the outer finish was worn in several places. I returned the shoes for an exchange and they sent me the same pair. I complained and drove 45 minutes to a store to return and get an exchange. I asked to have the exchange mailed to my home and they SENT THE SAME USED SHOES FOR THE THIRD TIME! Disgusting! I will NEVER order from them again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Purchased a pair of slippers online for store pick up. They charged me the day before the order was ready and a week after that. When I called to get it taken care of, she said she couldn’t cancel my order or give me my money until the store is open, why even have someone answer. Don’t give them your card info - they will charged you without your permission.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I am an Elite DSW member and order or buy from the store regularly. I have placed three orders in 2 weeks to have to track down my orders to be cancelled, waiting my 4-6 hours to pick up in store and ended up having to call the store the next day which my order was marked as shipping. Then call back again to hear it is cancelled. Have to argue to get my rewards back which were $45! They obviously DO NOT value me as a customer. In store customer service is wonderful, online is terrible. After I use my rewards if they can get it together this will be my last order.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I ordered the Coolway Irby Chelsea boots on the website hoping it would be brand new. When it was delivered, the heel was scratched along with wrinkles on the faux leather indicating it was used prior. I was anticipating that they would be worn but I did not anticipate the scratches inside as well as on the outside. The boots were very dusty almost as if I bought it off of an eBay seller. I was very disappointed with this experience and hope this informed future buyers not to anticipate for the best product condition. I highly recommend searching for a pair of shoes on a different website.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I ordered a pair of heels for my husband’s graduation ceremony via the in store pick up option. I selected a store a little out of my way because it was the only one who had the shoes in stock available for same day pick up. I ordered the shoes early on that day, 12/18 around 10 am as the website guarantees pick up within 4 hours if placed before 6 pm. I waited all day for an email confirmation that the shoes were ready but I never received one. Around 8 pm that night I contacted the store in Baychester Ave (Bronx, NY) only to be told that the style and size of shoes I selected were not in stock and the order would be cancelled. I was disappointed but I let it be as I figured I would receive a refund. Fast forward to 12/20, I receive an email saying my shoes are ready to be picked up but they would only hold the shoes until 12/23.

I did nothing as I figured I didn’t need the shoes anymore; the event was long gone, and I had resorted to buying shoes from elsewhere because of the inconvenience. Fast forward some more to today, 12/28 when I noticed the money for the shoes was deducted from my bank account: I contacted the customer service agent via live chat only to get nowhere. The agent told me that I would personally have to go to the store in the Bronx to return the item. I asked, how can I return something I never picked up? Paul, the agent, then said, it was the only way to get my money back. I explained that this is crazy, it is nonsense, and entirely inconvenient!! I asked if there was any way he can request a cancellation or a refund but he was in no way, shape, or form the least helpful. Stay away from this business!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

This company has a terrible return policy. I decided to return 3 orders in one box using DSW provided shipping label. They charged me for the label 3 times and refused to refund me for the unused shipping labels.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I placed my order for new heels Monday 12/10 and I was super excited because I was supposed to receive them by that Friday. I didn't, so I checked and the delivery date was changed to Wednesday 12/19, which was fine. I was waiting all day Wednesday and they never arrived. I tried to track it, but FedEx said they gave it USPS but USPS said they never received it. So, I contacted customer support via the online chat, after waiting 10 minutes I was connected with someone. Whenever the representative would respond, I would promptly respond with what I needed to then wait 10 minutes for their response. Finally, they said to wait one more day, so I did. It came the next day and I tried them on, they killed my ankles and feet, despite the online ratings that said they were the most comfortable heels ever. I couldn't find out how to return them because there was no invoice enclosed nor was it shipped in a DSW box. I do NOT recommend DSW.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I ordered on 12/4 (Tues) with a 2-day shipping, 3 items came on 12/8 (Sat) and the other 3 haven't been shipped as of 12/15 morning. Now I still think the 12/8 delivery is also late, I decided to chat with the employees to find out what's happening with my order status. This guy told me it was going to be shipped soon. As I didn't believe him I got another employee, and he told me that the 3 items I was able to order and pay are out of stock so that is why my order was never completed. So in other words, if I didn't contact I wouldn't have known anything about my status.

So he told me the only thing we can do now is to cancel my order. I asked if those 3 items were going to be in stock as I didn't want to cancel my order if I just have to wait a little more time. He said that cancellation is my only option and processed the refund before I could give my consent. I thought the way the employee handled the situation was appalling but what made it worse was the fact that 10 min after talking to him I received an email from DSW that my 3 items were just shipped by FedEx.

Employees - if you are reading this, please don't lie. If you can look up my address and my orders, you surely should have been able to track the status, especially ones that are already in the shipping process. I love DSW but after this incident, I can't trust the employees handling the shipping process or the customer service who has no clue what they are doing.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

In November I purchase a pair of boots for 299.99 only to have the price drop to 209.99 so I call and spoke to a sales rep about the price difference. She inform me that she would issue me a refund for 90.01 in the form of a gift card for the difference. To this day I have not received that gift card. Also I returned the boot. Was told that I would receive that money on a gift card. Also still have not received anything. Been calling every day with no success???

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I bought my shoes end of November, I wore them for a couple weeks and discovered that I hated them. I went to return them and they said I couldn’t return them because they had been worn! Of course they had been worn! I had to find out that I didn’t like them in order to return them. Who just return unworn shoes? That is an ABSURD policy, especially with shoes. EVERY other retailer will accept ANY returns, regardless of how often it was or wasn’t used. Shoes should be no different. I WILL NEVER be shopping at DSW again.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I’ve always really liked DSW because you can get a great deal and they ship fast, but this year they cost me money and time and because of that, I don’t think I’ll be using them again. I used points to get a good deal on a pair of shoes I’d been saving to buy for months. When they arrived, they were the wrong color and the shoe I wanted was sold out in my size. I emailed them and a representative told me she looked into it and they wouldn’t be getting that shoe back in stock in my size. I returned the shoes at a DSW 30 minutes away and ended up finding the shoes on eBay. Because of the information I’d been given, I paid $50 extra for the shoes on eBay and had them delivered a few weeks ago. I just looked on their website today and the shoes are back in stock in my size. I’m very disappointing - I spent way more than I had to because DSW couldn’t send the right item or give me accurate information.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I checked the reviews before buying and all of them said they'd fit perfectly. I ordered them in a women's 7 and they feel very tight. Should've ordered an 8 if I knew they'd run smaller. Maybe they'll break in but I don't think something like sneakers should be this tight in the first place if it's true to size.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I placed an online order for same day, 4 hr store pickup. I arrived almost 8 hours later to pick up the shoes only to be told my order was not ready. I kindly asked for an estimated time to know when to come back, and was then told the shoes were not available and to drive 50 miles to the next store. I needed these for a weekend trip and if I had a car, I would have. When I emailed DSW, this is the response I received: “You made this order on 11/27. If you need them so urgently then you should ship them to your home address with 2nd business day expedited shipping.” I was shocked at their response.

I explained that I chose same day pick up for that same reason. I received another response stating that my order had been canceled and to place it again and select faster shipping. I never asked for my order to be canceled and they refused to understand. Shoe shopping should not be this difficult and stressful. After I emailed for the 4th time they decided to reinstate my order and offer next day shipping. The order has been processing for 4 days.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

DSW runs 50 points promotion (currently even 100) for shoe donation per day you donate. Unfortunately, I received points only occasionally. I asked the associate when I bring the shoes in and she would even show me her part of the screen where it states I will receive the points, but I only sometimes do. There is another promotion they are currently running where each day you click on holiday ‘survival guide’. You are supposedly earning 10 points, but it is not happening. I emailed customer service, received generic response about points regarding shoe purchase (which was not the case), so I emailed back to clarify the issue, didn’t receive the response but 30 points magically appeared in my account (based on the survival guide click promo I was suppose to receive over 200 points)... Seems to me like very unreliable company.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I placed an order very early within the FREE J. M. WECHTER QUILTED BACKPACK promotion, I received a second email stating that the backpack is unavailable. In order to meet the requirements of the promotion, I purchased a more expensive shoe than I would have chosen had there not been a promotion. When I contacted customer service, I was rudely told that they are out of the bag and there is no substitute. This is an unacceptable response since they sent me an email confirming the order. I'm very disappointed in DSW's false advertising as well as their nonchalant customer service and lack of effort in attempting to satisfy their loyal customer.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I Ordered a pair a Steve Madden Pumps in August, and I just started wearing them to work since it is now November and it's cold where I live. I've worn them maybe 4 or 5 times and the last couple times I've have worn them I noticed the right heel felt funny while I was walking, well today it is breaking off. When I contacted DSW customer support via chat they said that since it's out of the 60 day return period that they can't do anything. They suggested I might be able to get a different result in store, even though I ordered them online.

After a few minutes, I decided to give it one more try and called customer support to see if there was anything they were able to do for me. They said that I could ship them back and they would have to inspect them to see if there is a possibility of a return or exchange. They've sent me a return label and now we shall wait and see. So far I’m not super happy with how it's being handled. I’ve worked in customer service in management. There are always exceptions to the rule, especially when it's a faulty product. That being said, I’ll wait for them to contact me about whether or not they’ll issue a return/exchange.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I would give 0 star if possible. This is the 3-4 times I told myself I will not order from them anymore. I was charged for the free item several times because the item I bought was out of stocks (4 different incidents). Even when I emailed a few hours after I was noticed the item was out of stock, I asked to not receive the free item they still ship and charge for the free item. Terrible customer service. Waste of time. Furthermore, the reward cash you have earned will disappear along with your out of stock item.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

DSW has by far the worst customer service support I have ever experienced. I am very patient and understanding with customer service because I also work in a related field. However, I ordered a pair of shoes and had standard shipping. Shoes arrived on time but instead of my size 7.5 booties, I received size 10 knee high heeled boots. I called the customer service and she said she would try to ship the right shoes to me with expedited shipping and that I would receive a confirmation email.

I never received the email so I called back the next day. This time I spoke with a woman who was yawning on the phone and barely even answering my questions. She said I should see confirmation later that day and that was the extent of that unpleasant conversation. Finally after 3 days of nothing I called back and find out they NEVER even processed an order or fixed it. The woman was very nice that I spoke with and she refunded me and expedited the correct shoes and made sure I had a confirmation email. She apologized for the inconvenience and said that the previous employees I spoke with did not handle it properly. The next day I get a notification that my shoes arrived however they were sent to THE WRONG STATE. All in all - extremely negative experience with DSW and will never buy shoes from them again. The worst customer service award goes to them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have shopped at DSW for many years and have ordered online from them since 2012. Over the past year, most of my orders have had shipping problems and delays, or they have been returned as "undeliverable". I have tried using all my addresses: P.O. Boxes, my street address, etc. Nothing works. As a last resort, I shipped an order to my husband's office in Denver. The package was "returned" and I could not get any information about why they could not deliver a package to a fully-staffed business address in a major city. Calling DSW was also unhelpful, as the customer service agent had no real information. I order from other merchants (Nordstrom, Neiman's, Steinmart) all the time, and DSW is the only one who cannot deliver a package to Eagle County, Colorado. I won't be ordering again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I will never shop at DSW again, online or in store. They simply are an untrustworthy company! I placed an order online to use my rewards and a promo for a "free" bag. I paid with PayPal, as it's usually a safe bet for online purchases. I signed no billing agreement with them to link my PayPal account, but somehow, after the original authorization amount, they were able to withdraw money from my account 5 more times, in some of the strangest amounts, ranging from $1.70-$24.18! WTF.

While this preposterous financial disaster was unfolding before my eyes, we were also in the middle of Hurricane Michael, which wrecked our town and left us without power and the inability to leave our road. In between charging my phone battery in the car, I was able to email customer service and find out they were charging me for the free bag because of items that were cancelled in my order, despite at least one still showing as being in stock at the time of writing this. They gave me a partial refund, but it is still more than the original price and doesn't take into account the items that were cancelled. So, not only do I have less money available on my credit card in the midst of a natural disaster our area has never seen, I also have been charged more for less items. I will never shop here again, they are criminals.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I ordered a pair of Women’s Dr. Martens 1460 conbat boots in Size UK 5 / US 7. I received it in Size UK 3 / US 5. I contacted customer service right away explaining the issue and was offered a hand pack order with the correct size. I requested the correct size, Size UK 5 / US 7. When I received confirmation for the hand packed order, it said the Size UK 3 / US 5. Disheartened, I contacted customer service again addressing the problem with screenshots of previous customer service conversations and my email confirmation for my original order, as well as a suggestion that there may be a glitch in their systems in which it converted Size UK 5 to Size US 5.

I waited three and a half days to get a response, that in short said that one of their shoe lovers (customer service representatives) already helped me with my problem. I received this type of message from customer service representatives not once, but twice. They completely ignored my suggestion that there may be a problem with their shoe sizing problem, as well as my own problem with receiving the wrong size shoe twice. I will never shop at DSW again after I resolve this problem on my own.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I frequently buy shoes from DSW because they often have the biggest selection to choose from. I typically buy in the store and use the coupons that are sent to me in the mail. However, this is my second bad experience with trying to order online. The first was when my account was showing a $10 credit/reward directly in my email, but when I logged into my DSW account online it said I had no credits/rewards to use. Odd because the account numbers matched from my email and my DSW account. My second and most recent bad experience is due to wanting to use their "FALLFEELS" code to get $10 off my $25 purchase for being a VIP member.

I decided to take the plunge on the shoes that I have been eyeing for months. I go to checkout and I get the following error message: "Sorry, this offer was provided to another customer and is unable to be shared. Please ensure you are logged into the VIP account associated with this offer." OK for one, this is a mass-email promo code, it is not just tailored to me. And for two, I am logged into the correct (the one and only account that I have with DSW!!) account. I guess they don't want me to order shoes from them online anymore!

As a side note, if you browse their website for "too long" they eventually flag you as being suspicious and you can no longer search their site - I usually have to open an "incognito" tab in Chrome. They have pages and pages and pages of shoes but I guess you're only supposed to take 5 minutes to look at them all and then make a decision.

DSW Company Information