3.33/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

DSW

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

274 DSW Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2019

My order was placed on hold and due to the phone line hours on Sundays it was nearly impossible to figure out why it was placed on hold. The live chat was not helpful AT ALL. They would tell me nothing! I spent a lot of money and the shoes were a gift. They did not come on time and I am very mad with the customer service in place at DSW.

Original review: July 9, 2019

The first time I ordered shoes from this place they sent me a pair that was two sizes bigger than what I had ordered. Of course I had to go to the trouble of taking them back as I didn't want to pay $8.00 to sent them back. I stupidly ordered another pair a month or so later and the shoe was not anywhere near my size. I truly believe it was a man's shoe as there is no way a woman who is size 7 could wear this huge, extra wide shoe. These were supposed to be made by Nike but I think they're fake. The box was not Nike; it was plain cardboard that they assembled. I won't take any more chances on buying anything from this store. There's something very wrong with their products and their customer service in the mail order department.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Kept charging me for stockings that were out of stock and not sent. My credit card company removed it 3 different times. The customer service number at the bottom of the DSW webpage is a toll free number that is a FAX number. I had to do an internet search to find their actual phone number. When I got through to them. The agent was nice but I was placed on hold for 4 minutes because she couldn’t get authorization to cancel this order. No more DSW for me.

Original review: June 30, 2019

First thing I ordered online was a pair of Birkenstocks. They came and one of them was defective. I took them back to the store and they let me switch out for a good pair. Second time I ordered a pair of black TOMS with a black sole and a Fossil purse. The purse came first and it smelled like cheap leather, the zipper was cheap and the material around the zipper was plastic. (I have used Fossil purses for a very long time and know the quality of them to be awesome).

I got the TOMS after two weeks and they were black with a thick white sole, upon further inspection it was obvious that they had been worn: The sole was worn and dirty, the printing on the inside of the shoe was shifted and broken....NASTY! The box they came in listed them as being black on black. I took these items back and the manager at the DSW on Deming Way in Madison, WI was less than friendly and didn't apologize for my trouble or the nasty products. I will NEVER go into another DSW. Online buyer beware!!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Don't even bother spending your hard earned money on the "BUY A PAIR OF $39 SANDALS, GET A $20 BONUS CARD" promo. The so-called bonus offer code they provide to you one month after your purchase will conveniently not work on their website or mobile app, despite multiple attempts to apply it towards a purchase. Their joke of a customer service department/online chat will be of no help to you, either. Shady business practices, DSW. Your shoe selections are BASIC and not really on trend anyway. Shoe quality is also generally very poor. Your brick and mortar stores cannot compete with Zappos or 6pm. There are no perks to being a VIP Rewards member. Online shoppers are very savvy and have many choices on where to shop. Your store will never survive if you continue to treat customers this way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DSW?

Original review: June 20, 2019

Always more than 10 people on line at Paramus, N.J. store. Aisles on my last visit were horrific. Rolling carts with stacked boxes unattended. Clutter EVERYWHERE!! Need a lot more help. Plus, stood on line 15 mins which tells you how shorthanded they are. Been a VIP member for yrs but I was really turned off on this last visit.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I ordered couple bag from DSW. The payment was succeed. But my item was only partly ship. So I still missing 3 bags. I waited almost 1 month and tried to send some email while I’m abroad, but no good luck. So finally I called their customer service, but they don’t even offer anything to compensate and while I’m telling them how sad I am, they hang up the phone without asking if I need anything else. Very upsetting.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Ordered a product on the 11 and it was shipped out the 12th. But hey I won't get my product till the 24th. Oh and the shipping sucks cause they use FedEx and they don't work on the weekend, that was their excuse. Also asked what their processing time is but they can't really give you a straight answer. Anyways it's a gamble if you are expecting your product to be sent by a certain date even if you order it ahead of time. Also you can pay for faster shipping but even then if there is no product in stock you're still screwed and the processing time will take longer. Good luck! May luck be forever on your side!

Original review: June 14, 2019

I ordered an Aldo crossbody bag from DSW for a friend's birthday and I received a defective piece with a scratch on it. I returned it the first time for exchange and received the same bag again. I have been calling DSW after that constantly to send me a new bag and they place the order and it gets canceled the next day. This has happened for 5 times. The last order even charged me $5 for a replacement bag. How much patience do they expect me to have? Every week I spend 30min talking to the customer care, tell them the whole story every time, they order a bag for me and the next day it gets canceled. My friend's birthday was April 12 and I still have the defective piece which I can't gift her. It's been more than 2 months and I am literally tired of dealing with them. Horrible experience I would say. You might get cheap stuff but mind you such problems will arise and you will zero cooperation from their side.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased 2 pairs of shoes through DSW. I just received my order and 1 of the pairs still has the security tag on them. I live 30-45 min away from my closest DSW and was told I can either waste my gas and drive there for them to remove it, or I can wait days/weeks and send it back for an exchange. Patrick at CS told me those are my only 2 options and that is it.

DSW Company Information