2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.38/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Dillards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: March 14, 2019

I visited my niece in ATL and we went to Dillard's and I found some jeans that fit and purchased a pair at the store. After getting home to MN I ordered a few pairs online to try. After trying them on 3 pairs didn't fit. Too long. I tried them on once and returned them in the time frame with the tags and receipts. I only got credit for one pair. So I called today concerning the return and because there were a few dog hairs on the bottom of pants legs after trying them on (we have 2 dogs and a cat). The fabric on the jeans is the kind everything sticks to. They said they were worn (because of the couple dog hairs on the bottom legs) and are returning them to me.

I said the tags are still on them, how could I have worn them? I tried them, they didn't fit and returned them. Oh my god. Excuse me for having animal hair on floors at times!! After I receive them I need to use a roller to get the hair off and then I can return them. Oh my goodness, I will never purchase anything again from Dillards in atlanta when I visit or order online. My first experience shopping with them at the store. Online was a very bad one. Ridiculous???? I have worked in retail for over 40 years and I know how to treat customers and it's not like this!! Susan **. Welch, MN.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Dillard’s store restroom at Cincinnati Ohio Kenwood mall is so dirty, furniture are in rest area so filthy, it’s so disgusting even to look at it. This company makes millions dollars but can’t even keep their business clean. I wish could post image here.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Purchased a 150.00 dress. After wearing once the beads attached to the dress fell off! And were hanging by a thread. The manager did not want to return it due to I wore it, however I did not pay 150.00 to wear a dress once. They were very rude and I will NEVER purchase anything from Dillard’s again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I purchased an imitation pearl necklace from Dillards to wear that evening. When I went to put it on it broke. I managed to make it work, but then when I got home to take it off, it broke again in another spot. Dillards used to have quality products, and would never sell something cheaply made like this. I’m very disappointed!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

When I came in the fine establishment to purchase pants, I noticed that I was being followed by a member of the polo department. I clearly didn’t need any help looking for pants and being followed didn’t want to make me buy more...comfortably. The woman that followed me was a short old ** woman who judged me off my ** even though I’m two shades from being **. Crazy thing about it is I wanted to buy plenty more pants.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased a Coach purse for my daughter on 12/28/2018 and she eventually admitted to me that she didn't like it. I returned it on 1/22/19 and they would not provide me with a refund. The purse had the pop tag, I had the receipt and the original credit card that I used, but the clerk insisted that I only had two weeks to make a return for a full refund. I asked where that was written and she flatly said, "That's the policy." Nobody told me that and there was no notice or sign that would inform me. That was a $325 purchase and I am not happy. I will never do business with Dillards ever again!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I was in Dillard's on New Year's Day and was looking at purchasing a Patricia Nash pocketbook which was on the 40% rack and an additional 50% off, upon going to purchase it, after I found someone, they said it was not on sale, however, had they bothered to look they would have seen quite a few of the same bag on the rack, I spoke to the manager, after waiting a lengthy time to find her, all she said was not on sale, do you want it or not, her nasty attitude and body language had me put it down and walk out.

Still so irritated I called the corporate office and reached out to the CEO of Dillard's in Arkansas. His assistant Karen told me she could not do anything until I called the District manager, Gene **, well I did as I was told, and did not hear back, called her today, she was quite curt and said she would send an email to Mr. ** and also his assistant, well, I still have not heard anything back. Yes Dillard's has some items, that other stores do not have but I will not shop there ever again, they have no customer service skills and need to be better trained, however, since I did not have a good reception from the CEO's office what could I expect. What should have been asked is what can we do to satisfy you, but they don't seem to care about my business.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I received an email yesterday that my online order was ready at Fashion Place Mall in Salt Lake. I checked store hours for New Year’s Day and went to pick up my order, only to be told to come back tomorrow because they were too busy with returns & didn’t have time to give me my order that I paid for two days ago. Every time I shop at Dillard’s I remember why I haven’t shopped there for a while. Then I head over to Nordstrom!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I just called and have a horrible experience with their service. I spoke with Monica and Elaine. I tried to purchase boots at the sale price last night but the sale price in the cart was not matching the price on the page. It was midnight and they state they were open but were not. I even had screenshots of the issue. They were not able or willing to give me the boots at the price advertised yesterday. I am very upset at the quality of customer service. I hope they are able to do better in the future or I cannot imagine Dillards being a successful company much longer with the lack of care given to its customers and inability to make a sale. I will now go purchase those boots elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

17:30 pm I walked up to James Avery store in Dillards. There were maybe 4 people standing in front of me looking in glass case. A sales associate named Elizabeth walks close to glass case and said yes and looked at me, I asked is this the line, Elizabeth replies no. I then walk up and give her my James Avery bag with everything I was returning exactly how the James Avery in Dillards in humble gave me. I stated receipt is in bag as well. Elizabeth opens the box, take the charm out, look in bag. Elizabeth looks up to me as Elizabeth looks at receipt and say, "Well you don't have the yellow sticker. Where is it." I then state, "I'm not sure what yellow sticker but I have not taken anything out the box or bag. I brought it to you guys with receipt how it was given to me."

She then gives me a dirty look. I said, "I'm not sure what the yellow tag looks like," and Elizabeth says, "Without that tag on here I have to see if you can even return this." I said, "Well I was told when I purchased this as long as I had the receipt I could return it." Elizabeth says, "I have to call my manager and ask her." I said, "Why is that if the receipt is here and it has not been over 60 days and everything is in there as purchased except a yellow tag?" Elizabeth then grabs a clear bag with a yellow tag and raises her voice and says, "This yellow tag you see," while shaking the bag in the air and a very firm, demeaning negative tone.

I have never been talked to that way when I'm a loyal customer and I was completely respectful to her the entire time. This is something I don't allow my staff to do. That's a automatic termination because my company I manage has had a lawsuit before unfortunately because of this exact reason. This so-called subtle racism is unacceptable. I will never buy from Dillards again or James Avery. I'm sorry for James Avery because they are a great company but the partnership with Dillards. This I will not sweep under the rug. I then talked to Elizabeth manager Donyae who then looked through bag and opened box looked up at me and said, "Yes where is that yellow tag." I tell her the same thing I told Elizabeth. Everything that is in there is exactly how It is when I purchased it. Calmly I look while Donyae looks again.

She takes stuffing paper out top of bag, takes out box, look in bag, then opens box, put the top down, look under charm red bag, as she is doing so I say, "Are you guys referring to this yellow tag right here in lid of box." She says, "Oh yeah there it is," and does the transaction to return. When she is done and give me the receipt I then say, "Next time a little tip you may want to tell your employee not to accuse customers and have a demeaning attitude and body language all because she didn't look properly." Donyae did not acknowledge what I said. I then asked for her name and Elizabeth name. Donyae says, "Oh you was not happy?" I walked away. There was so many problems with this whole situation but most of all neither said, "I apologize," "I didn't look," or, "I'm sorry for my attitude and demeanor."

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Can never explain enough the disappointment shopping at this store. After spending about $800.00 on various items in the ladies department and on the way out noticed a pair of slacks on a mannequin. Went back to the sales clerk and was charged for the slacks. Upon the transaction I was told the slacks were not in that store and had to be shipped to my address, which is my husband's in an industrial location used for warehousing, hardly anyone there. So within a few minutes the clerk said she would cancel the sale. Why not tell me the slacks were not in the store before charging my card? Bottom line; during all the purchases we made that day, the clerk seemed confused and we had to ensure she understood English.

We have never received the $74.00 credit she said we would as the sale was to be canceled. Called the store on more than one occasion, talked with someone in the first call who assured me we would receive the credit, have not. Waited another week, called again. Talked with Darel. He tells me I should go back to the store in person to ask for credit with the receipts. The Galleria is across the street and have been shopping in Neiman and other stores for years. Don't shop at Dillards, the overall experience was not good and their prices are not less than the competition.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

It seems from what I am reading in these reviews that Dillards is blatantly ignoring their store policy with returns and I would immediately contact corporate. It is illegal for them to keep money owed to you and a gift receipt tells the exact amount paid so yes that acts as an original receipt and you absolutely get back whatever the amount paid was on that gift receipt. I strongly feel corporate needs to be involved and the BBB and not that any wants to take them to court, maybe you should too stop their unfair and possibly illegal acts as keeping money after they have accepted your merchandise back. Essentially that's stealing... I do not let anything go when I am mistreated or wronged - I go straight to the corporate office and I don't stop calling until it's corrected according to their own policy that they should absolutely be following...

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Very lousy customer service. Be Aware buying anything online. They charged my bank card (posted charge) Twice then put an pre auth hold on there 2 more times. This pre auth charged stayed on there for over a week. I finally got It off and they charged me again. It is still not resolved. I sill have over $320 tied for a $100 gift card. I am so sick of their customer services trying to tell me how pre auth works. I know how it works. It ties up your $ and theirs just never comes off!

I will never buy another thing from them!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

First of all, Dillards has the worst service ever. Two days ago I purchased a dress which is 300$ and I’ve a 30 days to return according to the return policy so I came today to return it cause I’ve the right to do so. That’s what their return policy says. I was at the store with my little baby sister and I told her when I return it I’ll get her what she wants with the money. They refused to return it so asked for the store manager. She came and was mad cause I called her so all that she did is pulling the dress tag off and cutting the receipt, returning item number with her pen in front of my teary eyed baby sister who realized that she can’t buy what she want if the item is not returned. That’s how they treat customers at Dillards.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Returned gifts received following all steps including instructions on where to send gift card, all tags and gift receipts were provided. Never received anything from them. When we followed up we were informed they reimbursed the original purchase and there is just nothing they can do and we would have to call the person who gave us the gift originally, which is not an option. Still fuming and very angry about how this was handled. We did everything as instructed and lost $300 in merchandise.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I purchased a dress online for 310.00. I shipped it back because although pretty, the dress did not look good against my own skin tone. I shipped it back and have been told it’s lost in the warehouse. It’s been 6 weeks and no refund. No effort is taking place to find the dress or refund my purchase.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Stopped at the Dillard's at Summit Mall on November 9 and proceeded to pick up some earrings and hosiery. Went to the jewelry register where a clerk was on the phone with a customer (and not very friendly to the person on the phone, so that should have been my first warning). The clerk saw me, made eye contact with me, but after she hung up the phone she walked away without a word. No acknowledgment, no "I'll be right back", nothing. I couldn't believe how rude she was. No wonder mall stores are closing all over the country. Why should I put up with some nasty girl when I can shop online? I will never shop at Dillard's again.

Resolution response: Nov. 14, 2018

Somehow the missing dress was located days later and I received an email indicating they had credited my charge card. Never received a follow up call as I had requested.

I did receive the other two dresses back and guess what!? I found 2 hairs embedded in the lace of one of the dresses and no hair at all on the other one. I returned both dresses to the Dillard’s in Liberty Center and Phyllis and Candace, the ASM, were very helpful in resolving the matter. I should have just taken the return there in the first place. Lesson learned.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I wish I would have found these reviews before purchasing from Dillard’s. I bought 3 dresses and a pair of shoes online. The order totaled over $800. I ordered these dresses to possibly wear to my daughter’s upcoming wedding. They were all long, formal dresses and the mother of the groom was wearing a cocktail dress so I decided to return all of them and look for a shorter dress. Due to the closest Dillard’s being over an hour from my home, and wanting to stay within the 30 day return policy, I used the return label and shipped the entire order back. The tracking showed up on Dillard’s website and I was able to see when it was received by the warehouse. I then received an email that I had been issued a credit for one item, the shoes of $100-ish dollars.

I called customer service as soon as I got home from work and inquired as to when I would be refunded for the dresses. The representative proceeds to tell me that the ‘2’ dresses were returned to me because they were covered in animal hair. What?? These dresses were in perfect condition with the tags still attached. I tried them on one time and put them back in the box they were shipped in. Also, 2 dresses!? I sent back a total of ‘3’ dresses.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and get someone named Monica. I ask her to hold on for just a moment so I can check the order and see for sure how many dresses were on the order. She then hangs up on me! I call back and get her on the line again, and basically there is nothing they can do. I asked her how a dress just disappears?? And she asked, ‘what dress’? So, I have no idea when the 2 dresses will arrive back to me. It’s already past the 30 days of when I ordered them, so chances are I won’t be able to return them to the store. And what about the third dress?? I’m just out a few hundred dollars?

I’m a professional woman who would never return items covered in dog hairs. I get embarrassed if I’m returning an item and a stray hair is on it. I believe this is just their way of making sure I will be outside of the 30 day window and not be able to make the return. This type of customer service is the reason so many people are shopping with Amazon. I had no problems at all with returning some items I had ordered from them. I have no idea of what my recourse is. Thankfully I used my MasterCard, so maybe I have some protection? I’m not sure.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I have been stalking the starting out mint satin trim baby blanket to get for my son as his special blanket. The blanket had been out of stock for a while so I signed up to get an email notification when back in stock and I would not have to pay for shipping since the blanket was not in stock when I wanted to purchase. Some time went by and I never received the email from Dillard's but I noticed it was back in stock on the site.

When I called to let them know I was never notified and still wanted to purchase and wanted to get the free shipping they would not honor the order with free shipping because they couldn't prove that I ever entered my email to be notified. They also said that if I entered my email incorrect that would be my fault and nothing they can do. I'm very frustrated because as mentioned I have been stalking this one blanket and the fact that they would not just honor the free shipping was crazy to me. So still no special blanket for my son!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I was on the phone for half an hour just to get the answer "I don't have time." I purchased a dress at one city's store (they only had one size and since I really loved the dress I just decided to get it). After getting home, I thought that maybe a neighboring city's store might have it, so I called them. I got their customer service to transferred me to the Michael Kors department. After waiting a couple minutes, the lady came back on the phone and said that she accidentally send me to the wrong department and then proceeded to send me to the dress department who did not answer. She then gave me the number of the overhead Dillard's customer service where a man who seemed to have no patience at all picked up and then sent me to a Dillard's in the wrong city.

I then recalled the original store who then transferred me to the dress department where a lady picked up and asked what I wanted. I politely asked if she could check to see if they had the dress. She just said, "I have no time." She didn't see if there was someone around to help or ask for a number to call back. That was it. No help and no answer after all that time. I doubt I will ever shop at Dillard's again just because of the multiple rude employees.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I never shop at Dillard’s and the one time I did, I regretted it. After my boyfriend and I had selected the items we were going to purchase, we glanced around to the nearest register and saw some customers finishing up their transaction with the employee in the women’s shoes department, so we went to stand behind them with our merchandise. As soon as the employee was done ringing them up, without any acknowledgment to us, he disappeared into the stockroom. We stood there for a few minutes and he finally came back out with a box of shoes.

I said something along the lines of, “Hi, can you help us?” To which he responded, “Are you purchasing shoes, oh you have clothes, I cannot ring up clothes.” I said, “That’s fine but you could have told us that instead of rudely ignoring us.” To which he responded, “I’m helping another customer.” To which I again responded, “You could have communicated that to us instead of just rudely walking away.” To which his response was, “I’m not the only one working in the store.” I could not believe the unprofessionalism and unwillingness to help. I never shopped here so they won’t be missing my money but they also missed an opportunity to acquire two new customers. I can’t wait until they go bankrupt. I’ll continue shopping online from the comforts of my home and not have to deal with any ** employees.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I have shopped at Dillards diamonds since I was a kid. I shop a Lot after I get off work in my uniform. Most of the regular employees are gone, lots of new employees... A week ago I was shopping I stood in front of the employee and she wouldn't ever say hello or help me. I was unviable to her... I love Dillards, I live in Vegas, I shop at the fashion show mall. But to not help me cause of my ** or my uniform, they need to check their employees. This happens A lot... I spend so much money there. I need to invest in Dillards, then to be treated less than... Money is Money, so I have cut my shopping there A lot, I been going to the Summerlin Mall, which is so much more expensive, but the customer service is Awesome there. Guess I'm moving shopping to a new home. I look like less but I have a lot. My ** or clothing should not matter.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This has been one of the most unpleasant shopping experiences ever. I bought some swimsuits for a trip to Miami and then one of them did not fit the same as when I tried it on at the store and I couldn’t wear it. When I finally found time to make it to the store to return the $140 swimsuit that I can’t even wear after I was back in town and not working, the salesperson tells me it’s “outside of the 30 day return policy” and there wasn’t anything she could do. I asked if I was just stuck with this item that I don’t want and can’t wear and she said, “Yep.” Showing some compassion and being on the customer’s side goes a long way.

A lot happens in 30 days and maybe some people don’t have time to go to the mall. The fact that they don’t even offer store credit so that a customer could be satisfied with items purchased from their store is mind blowing. To make matters worse, I opened and purchased this on a Dillards credit card... The money would be going back into spending at their store anyway. Not anymore. Worst customer service ever. God awful return policy.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I was looking at the handbags, and they thought I was stealing. The manager called security to watch me. I purchased five items, and the manager made sure that I agreed that there was five items. I will never shop there again.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Dillards has the WORST customer service and return policy. They will make ANY excuse not to accept a return but worst part is they accuse their customer of wrongdoing which is WRONG. The people who work there are RUDE and MEAN, not how you customers should be treated.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Purchase a dress for my mom, but she didn't like the style. Paid with a debit card. Took the dress back with the tags still intact and the original receipt, it was only purchase 6 days ago. My understanding was if you purchase a item with a debit card you have a choice to put back on debit or get cash refund. I ask for cash back and was told no. I do know that if you pay with a credit card that it should go back on the credit card. But paying with a debit card is just like paying cash. I am a faithful customer there, spend lots of money there and very seldom I have a return. But after today Dillards just lost a faithful customer.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The worst retailer! I purchased two pairs of pants and tried to return them two weeks later. They refused to take them back just because I removed the tags. I spend over $1000 a year at that store but no more. They will never see another penny from me. Their associates were so rude! When I tried to elevate the issue, they had the same rude person call me to tell me the same thing. Goodbye, Dillards!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased an expensive pair of Eileen Fisher pants from Dillards with the intention of wearing them at a conference. When I received them, they did not fit. I was unable to package the item and ship for 2 weeks (still within their policy timeline for returns). Within a week following the return, I receive the garment back stating they were not in the same condition as when sold. The pants still had all tags and was packaged in the original plastic when returned. The store balled them up and shipped the item back to me, all wrinkled and clearly handled. I am a mature, professional businesswoman, and appalled at their decision and treatment. When I attempted to reach someone in customer service, my query was not responded to. Never purchase there again!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I bought a top online and it was final sale and when I received it, the top was too small on small and I called them in order to return it or exchange it, but the answer was, "This is final sale and you are not allowed to return it. But you can exchange it but unfortunately we don't have from it anymore. So sorry we can't do anything". So I asked him what can I do. He told me even to throw it away or gift it or resell it. What is this poor policy of this big name store, you need to respect your customers more than that. You need to RESPECT your customers.

Original review: June 28, 2018

It is beyond me how Dillard's stores and website can carry the very same merchandise at different prices. How can they be a respected and reputable corporation and not offer the same pricing? Also, their policy of no returns on reduced merchandise when being purchased online is very poor customer service. I will not be shopping with Dillard's and I will be telling all of my friends of this unfair policy.

Dillards Company Information