2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.40/5

Dillards Reviews

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I ordered a dress from Dillards online that I was supposed to wear on a friend's wedding. Dillards sent me an order and shipping confirmation. They provided a tracking number. However I found out 10 days later that the order was never shipped, because the item was not in stock. No one has ever notified me. They had no clue this happened and when I contacted them, they said "sorry, we will give you your money back". How can you run a business not knowing what's going on in your own warehouse and giving fake tracking numbers so customers that actually rely on you. Now I have no dress to wear to the wedding and I could have ordered something else if I wasn't lied to.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I bought a top and skirt in the dress department. The sales lady told me if I opened a new credit card with Dillard's I would get and additional 30% off the first purchase. Because I was spending about $175.00, I said sure. On my way home I realized there was no discount on the ticket. I called customer and they told to bring it in and they'd fix it. I went back and was told they would not discount the purchase because the merchandise I bought was not on sale. I was never told anything like this when I bought and got the new card.

After talking to 2 different store managers, they told me I should have seen the signs about the policy. Doesn't matter that their employee told me I would get the discount if I opened a credit card or that I called and they told me to come back. I really don't understand their company policy. I am 73 and I have never run into anything like this with any store. When Dillards was Joske's this would never have happened. After reading all the reviews on this site, I can see that this is common practice with Dillards. I mostly shop online with them, but I think this is my very last purchase with them ever!!! Macy's has never treated me like this. They are always glad to give discounts even when you don't have a coupon. I certainly didn't need another credit card. I guess I can't blame the managers for the policy, they probably don't have any other option if they want to keep their jobs. Shame on the Dillards corporate attitude.

Original review: July 30, 2016

On July 28, 2016 my 16-year-old granddaughter and I went school shopping at Dillard's in Monroe Louisiana. Upon entering the store I quickly noticed we were being followed around by an Asian male. Every department we entered, he came and stood directly in front of us watching our every move. He followed us until we made our purchases. Were it not for my very naive granddaughter I would not have spent a dime in that store! This is not the first time this has happened. And yes, we are ** who work hard and give back to our community. I would rather spend my hard earned dollars on Amazon!

Original review: July 8, 2016

Dillards Store, Northpark Mall, Dallas Texas - I have a nephew who was racially profiled and escorted out of the Dillards store here at this mall. He and some friends were there, he was trying on clothes and the security guard asked him if he was stealing. No, he was not stealing, he was trying on clothes. The store then called the police and was banned from this mall. All ** people do not steal, just like all ** people don't. I have called the store manager and Shannon and she has yet to call me back. I call the home office of Dillards and no one has returned my call. This type of behavior will not be tolerated by anyone. Civil rights were violated and I intend to press charges against this mall and store!

Original review: June 30, 2016

Dillard's, what a scam. This store lets you buy something and does not tell you about the 30 day return policy? 30 day return policy! What? This is so far from the norm at other Department stores that I feel like they are really trying to trick you and are being very dishonest. I know I will not shop there anymore because of this and I will tell everyone I know to do the same. They should put on the front of the receipt with a stamp in RED letters, "30 DAYS TO RETURN"! I bought a pair of Coach heels for a wedding and I could not wear them, the right shoe was the display and had been tried on and walked it and was stretched out. I had tried on the pink shoes and was happy with the size but I took the nude instead in the same size without trying them on. What a mess. Don't shop at Dillard's!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: June 28, 2016

Beware when ordering a gift card from Dillards. I ordered a gift card online for a wedding gift, and my card was debited twice for the full amount. When I called to question this, I was told that one was a "preauthorization" and would drop off and be credited to my account in 3-5 days. That's 3-5 days that Dillards is holding my money. There is nothing in their web ordering site that mentions this. If I had known that this was their practice, I would have ordered a gift card from Amazon.com.

Original review: May 23, 2016

On Friday the 20th of May I walked into Dillard's in Monroe, LA to return an item that had never been worn before from the card that someone had stolen my information from. I explained to the girl that was working that my bank closed the account due to someone else stealing my identity. She stated that she could not give a refund but she could give me a store credit. I stared. I didn't want a store credit because I planned on not returning to that location to shop and it was only fair that I get a cash refund being that before the misuse of my card from someone else I'd purchased it from my check debit card. I even went as far as calling my bank and putting them on speaker phone speaking on my account stating the same thing I tried to explain to her in the first place. So with all the back and forth she finally went and asked her manager Crystal for assistance as what to do for me.

So the customer service associate comes back and tells me that she can give me the gift card, refund my item off the gift card and turn around and redeem the gift card to give me cash back from my purchase. Like I said I frequently shop at Dillard's but just as much as I buy I find myself returning. I walked in again in Dillard's Sunday, May 22nd with another return, took up to customer service again like I'd done before. The same lady was working that was working that Friday. This time I had an Internet order to return. The customer service associate (Beatrice) then tells me that the manager Crystal who never came and showed her face that Friday of me coming in the store stated that I could not get a refund anymore until I get my new card from my bank. I told her I received my new card that Saturday in the mail but was unable to activate it.

She then calls the active (Steve) the shoe dept manager and explains to him what the Crystal lady said without giving me a chance to explain myself the problem that was going on. So (Steve) in the Monroe, LA location says too that he doesn't have the ability to override another manager decision in which I found out Crystal was not the store manager. So he could have return my jumpsuit but that's not the real problem. The real problem was when I explained to him what happened and he bluntly said "I'm not giving get you your money back" and in return I said to him "what good is it for you to be a manager if you can't authorize anything in return". He tells me "I am authorizing something good. I'm authorizing that you're not getting your money back". So I said "ok". Then while I was boxing my item up he stood there as if he was patronizing me...

I then told him that he was an unprofessional **. Then retreated and told me that I was the ** and an **. Then as if that wasn't enough, threatened me and said to me that he wasn't what I wanted and that he wanted me to try him. I asked him his name, he asked me what was mine. I tell him I asked what was his and he stated Leonard and turn around and said "sike". It didn't matter anyway because I knew his name from dealing with him in the women shoes dept. He was rude then as well but I let it slide that time but not this time. I have never been cursed, threatened and treated so rudely as well as unprofessional in my life by anyone. But even are the kids do of people Dillard's hire. And you would der why so many prior Dillard's customer order from offline to not have to deal with extreme disrespect from management or their associates.

I was a loyal customer to the Dillard's in Monroe, LA at the PecanLand Mall location but after this experience, they can have it... They want to get the commission from your transactions then treat you like ** when you need to do a refund. Their return policy stinks and their management team is a no go. Think twice if you want to do your shopping at this Dillards!!! I've not only contacted the store manager about this matter I've also contacted corporate as well. I refuse to be treated this way especially when I'm spending my hard earned money with the same who needs your commission in order to bring good, a decent check home... No way, not having it!!!

Original review: May 18, 2016

I purchased a Bare Minerals eyeliner from Dillard's at Volusia Mall. I do not use make-up every day, usually only around three times a week, and I had this product for about a month when I noticed that all the product was gone. This is a crayon type product that is used like an automatic pencil that allows you to twist out the lead as needed. On several occasions, the product broke off when I was using it so apparently it was not well designed to gently draw a line on eyelid skin.

When I returned to Dillard's to get the product replaced, I was asked for my original product box and the original sales receipt. Really, after 30 days who keeps sales receipts and boxes for cosmetics? I asked to speak to a manager. The on-duty manager came and refused to provide a replacement or refund for the defective product without a receipt. While discussing this absurd policy regarding defective products the manager started boasting about "this policy is the reason Dillard's is making a profit while Macy's is not". As for me, I will never again shop at Dillard's and Macy's has always treated me fairly and respectfully. No more Dillard's in my life!

Original review: May 15, 2016

Dillards: if you are going to sell "mother of bride" and other event-related apparel, you should check your return policy against that of your competitors. I bought a dress online from Dillards, along with two others from other stores. I left them hanging up to see them for a while in order to make a final decision. Meantime, I started shopping for another dress, and to my surprise, the dress I had purchased from Dillards was now $60 less than what I had paid. I called and asked if I could return the item, and was told that their policy is 30 days! I asked if they could offer a price reduction, and again was told "no." Seriously? I was able to return the other two items, purchased at Nordstrom and Macy's at the same time, with no trouble - as long as the tags were intact, which they were.

Finally, after asking to speak with a supervisor, they offered me the ability to return the item - for store credit only! I don't want store credit. I don't want any of the dresses that they are offering now - I found one I like at another store. I don't shop often enough to need a store credit of that amount! How dare they "hold me hostage" like this - particularly since they don't even have a store near me. I will never shop Dillards again. I will also be sharing this warning of the unfriendly return policy with my friends - many of whom have sons and daughters about to be married, and whom will be soon looking for "that special dress."

Original review: May 15, 2016

I went in today to purchase some clothing items for my son. I have a 14 year old trapped in an almost 6'3" body. I have a kid that likes dress shirts, slacks and suits. We shop in the men's section. I have never had a problem with this store before and have asked for and received help before. I was approached by two sales associates and told them we were just looking. A female sales associate yelled across the room asking if we needed help and then marched over halfway across the room. I felt like I was being escorted out. I went to the desk and paid for the items. I told her I would not be back. I found her to be quite condescending and overbearing. She just laughed and smiled. I will not step foot in a Dillard's again. I am not obligated to shop in this store or any store.

Original review: April 20, 2016

BUYER BEWARE: I'm 65-year-old man going on vacation. Purchased 2 pair of Levi Jeans. Tried on one pair, fit perfect and purchased another pair identical to first pair. Spent almost $200 cash with the store that day. Got to vacation spot, pulled tags and put on 2nd pair (those not tried on in store). The outside seams to legs were twisted around toward the front of the pants and looked horrible. As I only had these 2 new pants with me, I had to wear them. (No retail stores where I was.) When I returned back to Shreveport, LA, I immediately attempted to return the DEFECTIVE jeans (along with the cash receipt) for a nondefective pair. I was told I could not return them cause I wore them. Whatttt? Does your company resell defective merchandise??? I guess so.

In any event I attempted to reason with the Men's Dept Manager who was a complete idiot. The only words out of his mouth were that the pants were not defective and were made that way. Really?? I asked if he wanted me to try them on and show him the defect and he said, "It won't matter. I'm not taking them back." So I was very shocked, humiliated and sad. He's living in the '70s and does not realize $ from folks like you & I keep his store out of bankruptcy and Blane in a job. There are a few other retailers I can visit to spend cash. I, my wife, my family, my friends and anyone else I can convince will never spend another cent with Dillard's and will be better off for it. If you work hard for your money, I would advise whomever is reading this to spend it wiser than I did last week. Hope you're smarter. Don't spend your 1st cent!!!

Original review: March 15, 2016

Dillards in The Mall of GA has no customer service at all. I'm a retail manger therefore when I shop I expect certain service, especially in a retail location. I was interested in purchasing my boyfriend a few Polo items. Due to their lack of interest in helping me, I chose not to spend my money with them. This location just lost my business and the $400 I plans to spend.

Original review: March 9, 2016

I wish that I had read the reviews before shopping at Dillard's. I tried to return a pair of unworn boots. The soles were perfectly smooth. There was a small spot on the soles of both boots where someone tried them on carpet. Again, no scratches. If you ran your hand over them, you would not feel a thing. The 'shoe manager' refused to return them. He said they were 'not sellable.' I was shocked. They looked better than the shoes on the display. He said those had been tried on and that was why. He was unsympathetic and on a power trip. I never felt that a store wanted my money and not my business until then. He did not care about customer service or satisfaction but about keeping my money. I was floored.

As I was leaving, a nice associate told me to take them to the perimeter Dillard's. She said, "they are more helpful." She was right. The super nice lady who kindly returned my boots never questioned them and hoped my time at Dillard's was enjoyable. I said that my time at Perimeter's Dillard's is. I give them 3 stars because it's an average. 1 star for the Atlantic Station and 5 for the Perimeter store! If you shop there in Atlanta, go out of your way and go to the Perimeter store. You will be glad.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

Just prior to relocating from Atlanta to Florida, my car was broken into and my purse stolen with all my credit cards. I did not replace my Dillards card because I was about to move and didn't know if there was a Dillards nearby. Some time after moving to Florida, I visited a Dillards in a nearby town where the clerk asked if I had a credit card. I told her my purse had been stolen and she informed me that she could look it up and take care of me.

A year later, having never once hearing a word from Dillards either by phone or email which they had from the application, I received a phone call at 7 am in the morning from a bill collector. I might add that he reached me on the same cell that was provided on the application. Having been busy with building my new home and receiving all my mail forwarded except for the Dillards bill, I never thought about the Dillards bill. The total I owed was $147. My near perfect credit score is now ruined over $147 and for a store that is certainly not worth it. I will NEVER shop at a Dillards again. The saddest thing is I was telling this story at work and one of my co-workers said the same thing happened to her. Thanks Dillards!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

Yesterday I lost my iPhone in your Dillard's Crestview Mall store. I was in a panic retracing my steps on both floors looking for it. Your employees, including Nancy, and a blond lady on upper level, and a lady on the first floor in cosmetics COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE KIND AND EFFICIENT in helping me to find it. Finally my husband drove to the store with his phone and we used the Find My Phone app to locate it. Thanks so much! Please pass this on to your employees. I love shopping at your store! And I highly recommend the iPhone Find My Phone app!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I bought a Steve Madden coat for me from Dillards. I found it at very good price, I didn't found it warm enough so I decided to return it. I had my TAGS and the RECEIPT and it was worn just for an hour. It was in the same condition as mentioned in the return policy. I went to return it to Rogers, AR. The lady at the customer service was the rudest lady I have ever met in my life. She wanted me to wear the coat with tags hanging on it, how could she expect that. I never meant to return it. I bought it for me and it was not warm so I returned it. This is not what return policy says of Dillards, it just took a second for her to hang the tags again. A very bad experience on customer service. I will never shop from Dillards.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

I've been shopping at Dillard's for years. On January 1, 2016 I bought several items. I guess that day the store was so crowded due to the sale, and the salesladies did not have time to check the security tags. They left 2 on a pair of Gianni Bini pants and a Michael Kors top that I bought. So I had to make a trip next day to ask them to remove the tags. That's when Dillard's salespeople really irritate me. First stop: upstairs; the saleslady plainly told me, "I don't have anything to take them off. You'll have to go downstairs or the women department somewhere around here (pointing around the floor to me) to do it." Second stop - where the 1st person pointed: the 2nd saleslady then informed me, "We don't have anything upstairs to remove them for you." Huh?! I wish the first salesperson told me this so I didn't have to go around upstairs. Third stop: downstairs and at the exact department I bought the pants.

So I thought I was good. Nope - I was so wrong! She started asking me where I bought them, and showed surprise that this is the first time she saw a security tag on Gianni Bini line as she said, "We never had security tag like this." I explained to her that I got them at a different Dillard's and that might explain why. Then she asked me to show her my receipt. I was shocked as I rarely keep Dillard's receipt for a long time because Dillard's has a return label that it traces down when/how I paid for it.

So I asked her why she wanted to see my receipt. She said it's due to some policy of Dillard's. But I still don't see the point of it. I felt insulted as if I were a shoplifter. But it still doesn't fit as she knows for sure the items are not from her store. So the policy does not make any sense. Luckily this time I had my receipt with me. But I feel really irritated being asked to show my receipt. It IS the store's fault to cause me make the whole trip to the store to remove the tags. And I had to show my receipt! I do not understand Dillard's policy. I'd really hesitate to shop at Dillard's ever again.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2016

I have been shopping at Dillards for many years. I have spent hundreds of dollars. On 01/01/16 I went with my family to buy some home items. I was quoted the wrong price by one of their associates. To make matters worse I found out after waiting in line for 30 minutes and the store manager was very loud and rude to me. This will be my last trip to this store. At the end of the day a customer who spend $100 and one who $1000 has one thing in common. We all work hard for our money and deserve to be treated with respect.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

On Dec 23.2015 I went to Dillard's to look for a handbag. I had one of a kind experience and to make more upset I had my young sons. I been shopping at Dillard's for decades but I will never ever shop there again due to the rude MK specialist with the talking so loud, cursing she was doing on the sale floor. I was very shock to hear this. She was very pretty. Dress nice but how she was using profanity on the floor made her ugly. I wrote her name down. It stated Nikko MK specialist. I will never come or shop in this Dillard's ever again cause of her. I went to another sale associate. She said, "Yes, that's nothing new for her. That's how she act." What made it more hurtful, I had my 2 young son so please beware of her.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2015

On Wed. Nov. 25th, my sister (from out of state), my DIL and I went shopping. My sister had never been in a Dillard's so we went in. I have shopped there for a few years and have spent thousands of dollars there. We were more or less browsing since we were coming back on Black Friday. My sister and I both bought some cute women pajamas on sale as gifts. Two days later, on Black Friday, we came back and saw the pajamas were an additional 50% off. So later that day we brought them back expecting either a price difference or to refund and repurchase the same items. OH NO!!! We were told we wouldn't get the price difference and they would refund the money but we could not repurchase the exact same items and they had to be turned over to a review team the next day. What??

They called over Jose, the manager(?) on duty. He said "Go ahead and get a refund but you can't have these pajamas. If you can find the exact size on the sales floor you can buy them - but not the ones you already bought". He was rude and certainly did not possess any customer service skills. By this time we were very irritated but almost laughing at the absurdity of the situation. How hard was it. Refund the items and repurchase it at the sale price. NOPE... Can't do it. OMG!!! I was a Director in Retail for 39 years. This scenario was the poster child of what not to do while dealing with the public. We finally got our refund, left the PJs and as we were walking out we witnessed Jose mistreated another customer on our way out.

This store is in Lake Havasu City, AZ and is one of their loss stores. It is virtually empty at all times. You would think the store, the company would be trying to get customers in their store and then keep them coming back and not shoving them out the door. So our trio simply went next door to JCP where we were greeted and treated with friendliness and respect and spent over $700... and we will be going back!! But not to Dillard's. I am still flabbergasted by the lack of professional courtesy shown by Jose at Dillard's towards their customers - their guests. As a Retail Director for 39 years, I would never put the reputation of my company into the hands of someone who is not capable of handling the responsibility.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2015

It has been twice already that I buy shoes at the Dillards in Vero Beach, FL and they refuse to refund because they state they have been used. I bought boots Sunday night, went to return them on Monday morning because they did not go with my outfit that I had at home. And the salesperson said they were used. I put up a fight and she brought the manager over who did the return without a problem. The same thing happened last time when I bought a pair of heels. This Dillards is horrible. It just doesn't feel good when you're accused of something you did not do. I then took those heels over to the Dillards in Melbourne, FL and they took care of me and returned them without a problem. They are wonderful.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

Today Nov 15, 2015, I attended the Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso, TX Christmas gala along with my mom, who as a matter of fact happens to be an ex employee of yours, who was under the tyrant, cruel and unjust management of Patrick **. I know this through my mom, acquaintances who have worked under such individual as well as public complaints I have read. I thank God every day my mother does no longer have to tolerate the ignorance and unprofessionalism of this man. She left your store with dignity and her head up for the many years she worked there and the amazing customer service rapport she provided. Anyhow, this is a different issue that brings me to you all but it just feels good to mention it.

Today, we attended your gala as customers, which by the way did not have the same quality and amount of attendees compared to other years. Very disorganized. With this, I tell you my complain. Here we are days in advance doing a presale, so you sales employees as well as your company can secure a sale for the event. This only benefits you all. Also, we are paying with the Dillards credit card which again it benefits your company. Your store was advertising the give away gift of a black clutch purse for each customer. As we picked up our merchandise, we were told that only I got a purse because they ran out of them and there were no more. I told my mom I was going to talk to the general manager Patrick **. No one send me to him. I knew who he was and neither my mom or I owe absolutely nothing but totally the opposite. I was spending my money at the store he manages.

I saw how Lancome still had purses, and this individual was standing at their counter with two other young men looking around. I came to him directly and made my complaint. He admitted to me the store ran out of purses. Ironically, I joined my friend to the gala the previous night at Sunland Park Mall, and funny thing they also ran out of purses. What kind of such corporation are you all that you promise a gift to your customers just to make a sale and do not comply to it. This Patrick guy told me that he was expecting a shipment of purses next week that I could come and claim mine but that it was not going to be the same purse. Never intended to get my information. I asked him how would he remember me, he answer me back that he has a good visual memory. I told him it was not enough for me that I needed his card. He took a card out of his wallet and gave it to me.

I really dont give a damn about the purse. I have plenty and you can all tell him he can keep it. It just felt good to come to him, confront him, and look directly in his eyes as a brave customer who does not care who he is, who protects him but did it on behalf of all the injustices he has committed against many former employees. I know this might not mean anything to you all, but as a customer I can tell you it is a shame that your store is managed by such people who do not demonstrate any interest on their customers, and neither does your store when you all promise a gift and give nothing. Both my mom and I together spend about 520 dlls at your event tonight. This amount might not be nothing but it sure would have been 520 dlls less on Patrick ** end of the day profits.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

After being a Dillards customer for over two decades I have to say after my experience today I will not be shopping there again. I went into Dillards this weekend and spent almost $300 for my daughter's birthday. When she tried everything on all but one item fit perfectly. So I went the next day after her birthday to return what didn't fit and exchange it for something else. I had my receipt so it shouldn't really have been a problem at all. However the associate said that because it was past the three days they could not return it. I explained that I understood that it was only one day past the three days because my daughter's birthday was yesterday and we're talking about an item that cost less than $18. I asked to speak with a manager who could make a change.

When the manager named ** arrived she simply asked what my problem was and as I started explaining she continued to interject and cut me off letting me know that it is their policy and anything beyond three days is not returnable. She even went on to say that it's not even in their system anymore and she wouldn't be able to find it even if she tried. I continued to explain that I have my receipt. She didn't want to even look at it. She just continued to state that it's their policy and it's not returned. I proceeded to tell her "I'm not asking for my money back. All I'm asking for is for you to exchange it for another item that will fit".

After several minutes of her interjecting me I simply said "It's clear that you are very young and inexperienced as a manager. I understand the store has policies that anyone in management knows. Policies are meant to be a guide which allows for bending in certain situations." I am extremely customer service and have been in management the majority of my career. The fact that she didn't listen to anything I had to say and continued to state policy goes to show she doesn't have the experience needed to be in a situation to handle customers. I can't believe a business like Dillards would leave a multimillion dollar company in the hands of a young inexperienced new manager for any period of time much less an entire shift alone in the store.

It's clear that she is where she is because she was maybe good in sales. However she clearly needs additional training on customer service and management. A management professional would have known that you listen to your customer no matter if they're right or wrong. You at least let them express their thoughts, after hearing them out come to an agreement or a positive solution. Like I said I wasn't trying to get my money back. I shop at Dillards all the time... I absolutely love a lot of their stuff and I have probably spent $100,000 or more there in my lifespan. It's just frustrating knowing that she wasn't even willing to compromise.

Or say "However it is our policy. I understand that it was your daughter's birthday and would be happy to exchange it for another item. You only missed it by a day or so". That certainly a reasonable compromise that a store like Dillards would be able to make over an item less than $18. At least that's what I thought. Boy was I wrong. This is the reason that I will not be shopping there anymore and it really bothers me because I do like Dillards. But it's the principle of things that I don't agree with.

$18, Dillards chose to lose a long time customer today over $18. As a previous Dillards employee, I was taught to listen, defuse the situation and create a happy experience that will bring a customer back... It's clear that things have changed for Dillards and they have lowered their standards. I just refuse to lower mine. I would advise you not to shop at Dillards especially the Dillards at Firewheel in Garland if you want to be treated with respect and have high standards. ** ruined my experience.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

Dillards store is the worst to shop at. The employees follows you like you are a criminal. Also, I've heard that the associates are treated badly. They have goals that they have to meet, and if they can't meet them they will get fired.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2015

I had bought a expensive Christmas figurine, I had to have it. Loved it. I didn't realize my daughter bought the exact item for me for my Christmas present, so I went to Dillard’s the day after Christmas, went upstairs to see what other items I wanted to purchase in the Christmas section, so I made my purchase and went back to the car to wait for the crowd to settle down a bit. I got my item out of the car with the receipt and went back in. There wasn't a large line by the watches so I went to return my item there and that is the same register I checked out at when I originally purchased my figurine, well the poor saleslady tried and tried to help me but she couldn't get it straight so she called for the manager. The manager was so rude to the saleslady who kept saying, "I am so sorry, I apologize I am so sorry."

Well after the manager couldn't get it straight she started with me and said to the saleslady that she should have made me return it upstairs in the Christmas section and I told her I actually purchased it at the same register the first time when I bought it for myself in late November, she then proceeded to tell me next time I have a return I need to go to the right department and return it there and also accused me in the process of returning it to get another one for 50% off. Well she should have checked the item out and then she could see the figurine I purchased had been sold out!!!

Rude to her saleslady and myself and then when I raised my voice after she embarrassed the ** out of me and the saleslady. She has the nerve to tell me there is no need for me to get ugly and raise my voice, at that point my sister was with me and she knew it was about to get really ugly so I threw my receipt and debit card and told my sister to handle it. I was going outside, I called the main office and different stores and managers, so I guess Dillard's doesn't seem to care about the customers. The manager still is working there. After reading all the other complaints I am not alone and I don't think I will shop there anymore.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

On October 15, 2015 I was shopping in Dillard's. First I was in the shoe department and picked out a pair of boots. Then I went out to my car to smoke then I came back into the store. I was looking at some rings and I couldn't get them to fit because of the string connecting them to the box and accidently broke one of the strings and realized how much better it fit when the string was off. I picked out 4 different rings and since I was going to buy them I tried them on without the box being connected. I then looked at a purse and went to the baby section looking for my mother and calling her name. I looked at some stockings for my 18 month old daughter. When I was looking at the stockings I accidently Sat the boxes down but still had the rings in my hand.

I was walking back to the shoe department to buy the rings and boots when a who I thought was mall security but turned out to be a real cop told me to come with her then she tried to handcuff me to a bench that I was sitting on in a dark back room. When she tried to cuff me I pulled my hand from her hurting grip and said please let me explain. She wouldn't let me explain and said I was resisting arrest. I said "I'm not resisting I just want to talk about this calmly" and that's when she pulled out a taser gun and she said "let me handcuff you." I said "I did nothing wrong," that's when she tasered me while I was sitting down. Then she handcuffed me.

I don't remember much of anything after that but being made fun of and laughed at and being screamed at by some fat man about stealing and being told my daughter will always remember me in handcuffs. The next thing I remember clearly that wasn't murky from being tased I was being taken to jail. I have never been arrested in my life and don't know what to do about my situation.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

I went to Dillards in Victoria, Texas. The store used to be the best. I went to buy shoes and the shoe department had 2 kinds of shoes. Nike and Sketchers. I live in Lubbock now and the shoe department here is better than in Victoria. When I go home I will not be shopping at Dillards anymore. The store has become useless.

Resolution response: April 7, 2016

This matter was resolved.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

So I went last minute to grab some jeans and some perfume... Where I'm from originally the Dillard's is only one story. The mall is small. Every department is on one floor. Well I had 15 minutes to get what I needed and head to pick my kids up from school. It was 2:45, they get out at 3. I picked out the jeans I wanted or thought I wanted bc I didn't have time to try them on. The jeans were in top of my baby stroller. In the midst if this I'm trying to calm my child by giving her some snacks so I can hurry... I got hot, took my jacket off and laid it on top of my stroller as well. Well not thinking bc I'm used to a one story Dillard's I took the escalator right outside of the women's dept downstairs to go into the fragrance dept.

As was turning the corner to head back to Dillard's fragrance I was stopped by a man that said I was trying to steal the pants. I explained the situation to him, he asked why I didn't use the store escalator, I said "Sir I didn't know there was one. I'm use to a smaller one story Dillard's... If I was trying to steal why would I be on my way back inside of the Dillard's store downstairs?" Anyways he wrote me a citation, even though I'm moving in a week. I'm not from Memphis - I'm from Texas and the crime is way worse here so I understand why it may have seemed like I was trying to steal them bc I left the store but I was on my way back in not trying to leave the mall. I have talked to every person possible: managers, store managers, district managers. All whom say I have to take it up with the district attorney.

I have enough money to buy whatever I want. I am appalled that they would think I would try a take a pair of jeans with my baby with me and head right back into the store at that. Everyone I spoke to was completely rude. They have the right to drop all charges but refuse to do so because that's more money for them. My bags were checked along with the rest of my stroller and they even searched under my baby which was so humiliating. I will nor any of my family ever shop at Dillard's after this. We were great customers before but to be accused of something like this when it was a misunderstanding is ridiculous. Now I have to go back and forth from here to Texas just trying to deal with all this.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

I have gone to Dillards since I was a child for every big event in my life. So why not go to Dillards for my future husband's suit. Well we went and found something. Everything was perfect. And then my uncle died the week before my wedding. The wedding had to be cancelled. So I moved it to this Nov. The colors are way off from a summer wedding to a fall. I have to be honest due to the fact I was getting married in a week I tossed the receipt. So I go in today with a friend to exchange it if they would. We told them what happened and they were great. Told me they could do that at what I paid just bring the new suit back. Spent an hour trying everything on. Find the perfect suit. A lot more than the original suit but that was ok. Get to the counter and lo and behold they changed the tone. Dillards was willing to give me 20 dollars for each piece. ARE YOU CRAZY? Nothing in your store is 20 dollars each.

The reason the change of heart is bec they think I may have gotten it on sale and I pulled tags off to make it look like I paid full price. I asked her why would she send me to find something else and they had to reason for me. I was going to get back $210 but was about to spend $489.00 with the shoes I was getting. I cannot believe they were so rude and led me to believe they would be helpful to me. In reality they had no intention of helping or understanding. I have sent so many girls to Fort Walton dillards for everything being as I'm a hair dresser but no longer will I do that. I'm so disappointed and the thing is if they would have told me upfront I would have understood. But to let me go look with the understanding it would be an exchange is unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

I ordered 16 items from Dillard's website. I kept 5 of the items and sent 11 back. The total credit due back on my card for these returns was $400.40, however, Dillard's only gave me a credit of $292.10. I kept copy of the original packing slip on which I had circled the 11 items being returned, so I knew I was in the right. I called Dillard's customer service, gave them the original order # and a list of all 11 items I returned. Dillard's says I only returned 8 items and that the packing slip I enclosed proves nothing. Dillard's cheated me out of $108.30. Buyer beware!!

Dillards Company Information