2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.38/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Dillards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: March 29, 2020

I bought a suit for my wedding, they tailored it. It never fitted correctly, it was not wearable. The sales person didn't even talk to the manager, the excuse was that there was nothing to do since it is not returnable because it was altered. I have a suit from Dillards on my closet that cost me over 500.00 and can't even wear it. Talk to manager recently, she didn't had an answer or anything to say.

Original review: March 25, 2020

On line, I purchased a purse at full price. 48 hours later the purse went on sale. I have not received the purse yet so I called customer service to receive the difference of refund in the full vs sale price of the purse. Dillard’s customer service stated that they could not help me and that Dillard’s does not honor a sale price if the item was purchased at full price, even if I haven’t received the item yet. I have never had such unreliable customer service from any store. At a time of this (covid19) you would think a department store would honor their customers more then what Dillard’s has shown. I’ll be returning the purse when it does arrive and purchasing it somewhere else.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I have ordered 2 bags from Dillards. The black small Michael Kors bag broke on several parts after just 2 months. Total waste of money and my time cause they didn't want to even consider about refunding me or anything else. Instead, they told me to contact MK store which I did without any luck cause I ordered from Dillards. Very, very, very disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I needed a dress for an event. Dillard’s happen to have all the dresses I was deciding on 3 of them so I purchased them. They were the wrong size and I found one I liked somewhere else anyway so within the 30 days I returned my purchase. I printed out their return label that they take $8.75 off of your refund for using and I selected to the USPS pick the box up from my house. The box was picked up but a week later when Dillard’s still had not received my return I looked into it. The package went from Massachusetts where I live to PA, sent out and back to PA then back to Massachusetts, back to PA, KY, then back to Massachusetts. I contacted the post office. They said, "We can’t help you because it was “tender to the return agent”. Well it was tender to the return agent twice so I’m not sure what that matters.

I contacted Dillard’s with this same explanation I wrote here, they responded by saying “you can track your return here...” and sent me a link to track my return. Does it not sound like I have been tracking my link? I think it’s pretty clear I have! So I have written them back 4 times since they sent me that saying I need more help then the obvious tracking link and no response from them!! There is about $500 in merchandise in that box, that is a lot of money to me and money I can’t lose!! But it looks as though I have and Dillard’s just doesn’t seem to care. $500 is nothing to a multimillion dollar chain department store. Oh and I did call, they said it would be better to email my question! My advice do not shop there especially online. They obviously don’t care about their customers!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I ordered over $800 worth of merchandise (clothing) and returned 4 of the 10 items (well within the 30 days) for a $350 credit to PayPal, which I'd used for the purchase. After not hearing from them for over 10 days after they received the return, I wrote them. After another 3 days, they wrote back and said they were "mailing a gift card" to me. I called to complain and they said they could not refund PayPal purchases when I made them, but can now (just a few days after they sent the gift card). They do not tell you when you use PayPal that you cannot return the products for PayPal credit--if they had, I would have just used a credit card.

I asked them to cancel the gift card and refund PayPal since they now have that ability, and they refused. The person I spoke to was also quite snippy. I asked to speak to a manager and she put me on hold so long I eventually had to hang up. Did they ever lose what would have become a lifelong customer! I was pleased with their service and merchandise until then.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I bought sunglasses online for a Christmas present. They created the label but it was never sent. Contacted them and they ended up sending the item. Total time to receive the item I purchased was 10 days. When I received the item it was damaged so I returned it with their shipping label. When I saw they received it I waited six days but no refund. Contacted them again about my refund and they tried to say I returned an item that’s was not theirs. The item I sent was their damaged sunglasses they sent me. This was my first and last time shopping there!!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I've been a Dillards customer for over 30 yrs. I purchased 2 tress because the young girl told me they were outdoor. Didnt have my glasses when I got home. Read the book and realized they were inside only. Called and talked to managers. She was the rudest person I've ever talked to. Never again will I shop there. I'd rather drive to sa.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I've been a customer of this Dillard's for 20 plus years. Yesterday I had the worst customer service possible. I was returning a sweater I purchased last week. I did cut the tag off and misplaced it, but, I also had my original purchase receipt. The clerk who initially waited on me denied my return and was rude, rude, rude. She called a manager named Marky (sp?) who was not willing to honor my return with my original receipt. Rude treatment by her also. I tried to explain the "return policy" stated on the back side of the receipt, but she was not having it. She said that I had to have the proof of purchase label. The return policy states you can have either the original receipt or label. Marky (mgr) finally accepted my return, while displaying aggravated behavior in front of other customers!! This store will not see another penny from me!! Rude treatment and horrible customer service!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

A week before the big day, I purchased some wedding gifts listed on the Bride and Grooms' Dillard's Registry in person at Dillard's at Haywood Mall in Greenville, SC. Like many items on such registries, they matched other items in the listed sets. Unfortunately, for the bride and groom, for whatever reason the wedding was called off the day before the event. Unfortunately, for me, I am now stuck with a mixing bowl set that does not match any of my existing kitchenware. The reason I am stuck - of the multiple items I purchased, the bowl set was on sale; and therefore Dillard's only allows you three days to return it, otherwise no refund - not even a store purchase credit!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Good clothes last a long time and is very cheap when you buy it with the extra percent off. I have clothes from Dillard’s that I bought 10 years ago and they still are in good condition. I will recommend to buy this good brands. Very good for every occasion.

Dillards Company Information