2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.40/5

Dillards Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I bought 7 shirts on sale for boys, because I did not bring my kids to the store when I bought them, I only kept 2 shirts and had to return 5. I bought the shirts 4 days back and when I returned the shirts that I bought in sale and 1 pants at regular price because they did not fit well to my children, they did not wanted to returned my money to my credit card. They force me to accept the return in a gift card with credit to the store, they excuse in the items were on sale and only 3 days after I bought the product in sale they return my money to the card. It was 4 days after and they force you to buy to them because you do not received your money in credit card back, not even the normal price pants. They said because I bought more items in sale than at normal price they were not able to return to my credit card but to a gift card for credit to the store, I am very upset. I will never going to buy again in Dillard’s, horrible return policies, unfair to the customers.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Dilliards' customer service and unwillingness to help customers with valid returns is appalling. I would recommend never buying anything from Dillards that has a 1% chance to need to be returned. Their employees are trained to blame their computer for their inability to help reasonable requests. I do not recall any other retail stores that are this archaic and greedy in their methodology. Shop elsewhere!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I purchased a bra online for my 92 year old mother-in-law since Dillard’s does not carry this particular style in-store. $9.95 to ship it. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong one. Instead of doing an exchange, Customer Service said the quickest way to get the correct one would be to order it and then return the wrong one. $8.50 to return it. So I ordered the new one. $9.95 to ship it. Just FYI you can’t return any online orders in store unless it’s a gift and they charge you the same $8.50 to ship it back. AWESOME! How customer friendly!!! AND if you use PayPal as the payment method they will only issue you credit to use at Dillard’s. Where I never want to shop again. Hopefully this bra fits her or I’ll be out another $8.50 to ship it back, making shipping costs over half the cost of the item. And I’ll have another store credit. Yay!

Original review: July 20, 2019

I am very disappointed with my experience with the store. A dress that I was interested in purchasing was sold out in my size, and I asked the associate if I could return the smaller dress if my size came back into stock before the wedding. I was explicitly told that I could return the original dress as long as the tags were still attached and I had the receipt. I ended up purchasing the correct size, but when I went to return the original dress, they told me it was over 30 days. I understand return policies, however, I was told by a Dillards associate that this would be acceptable.

I contacted customer service, and they wouldn’t even give me the time of day. Phone calls (one of which I was hung up on), emails and social media. I can’t even get a response anymore. The dress is still for sale at original price on their website, and now I am stuck with a $209 dress that I was told could be returned. I will never purchase from Dillards again. The customer service is atrocious and does not compare to the exemplary service I receive at Von Maur or Nordstroms.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Item ordered was reduced in price significantly. Dillards offers no adjustments or credits! The dress was 239.00 and marked down to 142.00. They would not adjust my account for the difference. I had to reorder the dress and return the other. But since my reorder was under $150.00 only by $ 6.00 they charged me $10.00 shipping. I couldn’t get them to budge on the shipping. Not a good policy for such a reputable store! I will not be shopping at Dillards again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: May 16, 2019

Dillard’s Firewheel Mall - Just had the worst experience. My wife purchased 300 dollars in gift cards for my birthday here because she knows I shop there so much. Upon checkout they couldn’t ring me up because I didn’t have a PIN number??? I had my electronic bar code and everything. I called customer service who asked me to print my gift card. I didn’t bring a printer in store. I was sent to customer service for help and that’s where everything fell apart. A manager was called to help and all she kept saying was for me to call customer service. I asked for the manager because I had already done that. She insisted I call customer service again. The customer service rep tried helping again but we ran into a wall again.

I asked for the manager yet again. I waited patiently and finally she showed. Her name was Ashlin **. She walked up rolling her eyes in disgust when she saw us to which I just let go. Finally I figure it out so we were heading back to check out. At the checkout, there were 2 pairs of pants I believed were on sale. We walked to the rack together and she let me know it wasn’t all Roundtree and Yorke pants that were on sale, just the one rack. No problem, it wasn’t a big deal. As we walk back to checkout we noticed my 6 year old daughter was hiding under a table. She commented “you can’t even leave them alone for 2 minutes”. At that point I felt I was trying way too hard to shop somewhere I wasn’t welcome.

Over the years I’ve bought furniture, clothing, purses for my wife, jewelry, countless shoes and apparel for our family of 7, bedroom suits, etc... I will not walk through another Dillard’s again. If this was from a regular employee I could get over it. The fact that someone from above decided that’s a manager told me enough to know to stay out. I work in customer service. I don’t give bad reviews even when they are warranted. This is my first bad review I’ve ever written. It’s so deserved. I’m so disappointed in what has been my favorite department store for over 25 years. I now see why people shop online.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Item ordered less than 24 hrs was reduced in price significantly. Dillards offers no adjustments or credits! Item on sale so cannot return then re buy at reduced price. Not a good policy for such a reputable store!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I had bought a white dress from Dillards.. However, the buttons on the dress started to get loose the next day.. I went to the store to return it and they said they cannot accept it.. It's just their policy. I'm very dissatisfied with the experience after spending like 200 plus dollars.. Never going back to store again. Would love to do more online shopping now.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Purchased a men’s dress shirt for my husband and somehow ordered the wrong one... Used PayPal payment option as I usually do when available for online purchases. Did not notice that Dillards DOES NOT refund returns back through PayPal. They mail you a gift card. I called customer service and was informed that is the store policy - no exceptions. I even asked if the gift card could be cancelled and a check be mailed to me...NO CAN DO. This creates a problem for me because the closest Dillards store near me is two hours away...that's why I purchased it online.

I received the item very quickly and returned it just as quickly only to find out that I will lose $50+ which I cannot afford to lose. I used to purchase items from Dillards when I lived near one... Actually spent A LOT of money buying furniture from there, however, as a result of this incident, will not purchase another item from them in the future. Sometimes you just have to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I visited my niece in ATL and we went to Dillard's and I found some jeans that fit and purchased a pair at the store. After getting home to MN I ordered a few pairs online to try. After trying them on 3 pairs didn't fit. Too long. I tried them on once and returned them in the time frame with the tags and receipts. I only got credit for one pair. So I called today concerning the return and because there were a few dog hairs on the bottom of pants legs after trying them on (we have 2 dogs and a cat). The fabric on the jeans is the kind everything sticks to. They said they were worn (because of the couple dog hairs on the bottom legs) and are returning them to me.

I said the tags are still on them, how could I have worn them? I tried them, they didn't fit and returned them. Oh my god. Excuse me for having animal hair on floors at times!! After I receive them I need to use a roller to get the hair off and then I can return them. Oh my goodness, I will never purchase anything again from Dillards in atlanta when I visit or order online. My first experience shopping with them at the store. Online was a very bad one. Ridiculous???? I have worked in retail for over 40 years and I know how to treat customers and it's not like this!! Susan **. Welch, MN.

Dillards Company Information