2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (313 ratings)

About Dillards

Dillards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I went to Dillards to do a Bra fitting. I went to a location that I was not familiar with, but my time was limited, so my expectations were not high. The woman was quite young, but how I was wrong. She did an excellent fitting, changed my size much to my surprise, probably the best fitting yet. Found the softest Wacoal bra, with support, nice size straps in beige and black. They had to order the other same beige one as I loved it so much. They were a bit pricey, but well worth it as woman know comfort in a bra is priceless. Lesson learned. Take a leap and be surprised.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I bought 7 shirts on sale for boys, because I did not bring my kids to the store when I bought them, I only kept 2 shirts and had to return 5. I bought the shirts 4 days back and when I returned the shirts that I bought in sale and 1 pants at regular price because they did not fit well to my children, they did not wanted to returned my money to my credit card. They force me to accept the return in a gift card with credit to the store, they excuse in the items were on sale and only 3 days after I bought the product in sale they return my money to the card. It was 4 days after and they force you to buy to them because you do not received your money in credit card back, not even the normal price pants. They said because I bought more items in sale than at normal price they were not able to return to my credit card but to a gift card for credit to the store, I am very upset. I will never going to buy again in Dillard’s, horrible return policies, unfair to the customers.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Every time I shop at Dillards, I see the same saleswoman. Her name is Amal, and I never have to look for ANYTHING. She has my size and knows exactly what will be good for me as far as great clothing. I am always so happy because she is Iike a personal shopper. I never waste time looking all over for things that fit. Dillards is the best because they hire the right people.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I am one of your loyal customers since 1993. It is a bad habit but I love to shop and I also enjoy it when I come across someone who I feel compelled to write a review about a certain employee. You won’t see me bad mouthing others. I On the other hand like to give credit to your sales associates like the young lady was Saturday. I usually come in on Saturday between 2pm and 6pm. The reason I am writing is because, I came across a young lady I’ve seen a few times but on this particular day my husband was not with me to pick out what I need him to wear to a company Party. A girl by the name of Kassidy and I remember it because I have a niece with the same name just spelled w/ a C. She had a smile on her face whole time I was in menswear.

Actually she helped me with each and every thing. She help me pick out a shirt, she helped me pick out some pants. She help me pick out some socks. It didn’t matter. She helped me with a smile and told me if I can’t find it "I can get someone can find it for you." If I Poached others employees I would be more than happy to have her working for me. I sure hope with me differently use of our you read it that you look at each and every one of them because I have nothing but pros with the service. I will see you Saturday. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Dilliards' customer service and unwillingness to help customers with valid returns is appalling. I would recommend never buying anything from Dillards that has a 1% chance to need to be returned. Their employees are trained to blame their computer for their inability to help reasonable requests. I do not recall any other retail stores that are this archaic and greedy in their methodology. Shop elsewhere!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

The speed and delivery of ordering shoes at the Dillard's store in Knoxville never ceases to amaze me! I shop and order the shoes from the store on Sunday afternoon. The shoes arrive on Wednesday! And they are delivered right to my door in a nice box that looks like it has been handled with care. The efficiency of this service results in my being never hesitant to say, "Yes! I will let you order those shoes for me!" ***I have no connections to Dillard's whatsoever. ***

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I purchased a bra online for my 92 year old mother-in-law since Dillard’s does not carry this particular style in-store. $9.95 to ship it. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong one. Instead of doing an exchange, Customer Service said the quickest way to get the correct one would be to order it and then return the wrong one. $8.50 to return it. So I ordered the new one. $9.95 to ship it. Just FYI you can’t return any online orders in store unless it’s a gift and they charge you the same $8.50 to ship it back. AWESOME! How customer friendly!!! AND if you use PayPal as the payment method they will only issue you credit to use at Dillard’s. Where I never want to shop again. Hopefully this bra fits her or I’ll be out another $8.50 to ship it back, making shipping costs over half the cost of the item. And I’ll have another store credit. Yay!

Original review: July 20, 2019

I am very disappointed with my experience with the store. A dress that I was interested in purchasing was sold out in my size, and I asked the associate if I could return the smaller dress if my size came back into stock before the wedding. I was explicitly told that I could return the original dress as long as the tags were still attached and I had the receipt. I ended up purchasing the correct size, but when I went to return the original dress, they told me it was over 30 days. I understand return policies, however, I was told by a Dillards associate that this would be acceptable.

I contacted customer service, and they wouldn’t even give me the time of day. Phone calls (one of which I was hung up on), emails and social media. I can’t even get a response anymore. The dress is still for sale at original price on their website, and now I am stuck with a $209 dress that I was told could be returned. I will never purchase from Dillards again. The customer service is atrocious and does not compare to the exemplary service I receive at Von Maur or Nordstroms.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Item ordered was reduced in price significantly. Dillards offers no adjustments or credits! The dress was 239.00 and marked down to 142.00. They would not adjust my account for the difference. I had to reorder the dress and return the other. But since my reorder was under $150.00 only by $ 6.00 they charged me $10.00 shipping. I couldn’t get them to budge on the shipping. Not a good policy for such a reputable store! I will not be shopping at Dillards again!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Dillard’s Firewheel Mall - Just had the worst experience. My wife purchased 300 dollars in gift cards for my birthday here because she knows I shop there so much. Upon checkout they couldn’t ring me up because I didn’t have a PIN number??? I had my electronic bar code and everything. I called customer service who asked me to print my gift card. I didn’t bring a printer in store. I was sent to customer service for help and that’s where everything fell apart. A manager was called to help and all she kept saying was for me to call customer service. I asked for the manager because I had already done that. She insisted I call customer service again. The customer service rep tried helping again but we ran into a wall again.

I asked for the manager yet again. I waited patiently and finally she showed. Her name was Ashlin **. She walked up rolling her eyes in disgust when she saw us to which I just let go. Finally I figure it out so we were heading back to check out. At the checkout, there were 2 pairs of pants I believed were on sale. We walked to the rack together and she let me know it wasn’t all Roundtree and Yorke pants that were on sale, just the one rack. No problem, it wasn’t a big deal. As we walk back to checkout we noticed my 6 year old daughter was hiding under a table. She commented “you can’t even leave them alone for 2 minutes”. At that point I felt I was trying way too hard to shop somewhere I wasn’t welcome.

Over the years I’ve bought furniture, clothing, purses for my wife, jewelry, countless shoes and apparel for our family of 7, bedroom suits, etc... I will not walk through another Dillard’s again. If this was from a regular employee I could get over it. The fact that someone from above decided that’s a manager told me enough to know to stay out. I work in customer service. I don’t give bad reviews even when they are warranted. This is my first bad review I’ve ever written. It’s so deserved. I’m so disappointed in what has been my favorite department store for over 25 years. I now see why people shop online.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Item ordered less than 24 hrs was reduced in price significantly. Dillards offers no adjustments or credits! Item on sale so cannot return then re buy at reduced price. Not a good policy for such a reputable store!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I had bought a white dress from Dillards.. However, the buttons on the dress started to get loose the next day.. I went to the store to return it and they said they cannot accept it.. It's just their policy. I'm very dissatisfied with the experience after spending like 200 plus dollars.. Never going back to store again. Would love to do more online shopping now.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Purchased a men’s dress shirt for my husband and somehow ordered the wrong one... Used PayPal payment option as I usually do when available for online purchases. Did not notice that Dillards DOES NOT refund returns back through PayPal. They mail you a gift card. I called customer service and was informed that is the store policy - no exceptions. I even asked if the gift card could be cancelled and a check be mailed to me...NO CAN DO. This creates a problem for me because the closest Dillards store near me is two hours away...that's why I purchased it online.

I received the item very quickly and returned it just as quickly only to find out that I will lose $50+ which I cannot afford to lose. I used to purchase items from Dillards when I lived near one... Actually spent A LOT of money buying furniture from there, however, as a result of this incident, will not purchase another item from them in the future. Sometimes you just have to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I visited my niece in ATL and we went to Dillard's and I found some jeans that fit and purchased a pair at the store. After getting home to MN I ordered a few pairs online to try. After trying them on 3 pairs didn't fit. Too long. I tried them on once and returned them in the time frame with the tags and receipts. I only got credit for one pair. So I called today concerning the return and because there were a few dog hairs on the bottom of pants legs after trying them on (we have 2 dogs and a cat). The fabric on the jeans is the kind everything sticks to. They said they were worn (because of the couple dog hairs on the bottom legs) and are returning them to me.

I said the tags are still on them, how could I have worn them? I tried them, they didn't fit and returned them. Oh my god. Excuse me for having animal hair on floors at times!! After I receive them I need to use a roller to get the hair off and then I can return them. Oh my goodness, I will never purchase anything again from Dillards in atlanta when I visit or order online. My first experience shopping with them at the store. Online was a very bad one. Ridiculous???? I have worked in retail for over 40 years and I know how to treat customers and it's not like this!! Susan **. Welch, MN.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Dillard’s store restroom at Cincinnati Ohio Kenwood mall is so dirty, furniture are in rest area so filthy, it’s so disgusting even to look at it. This company makes millions dollars but can’t even keep their business clean. I wish could post image here.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Purchased a 150.00 dress. After wearing once the beads attached to the dress fell off! And were hanging by a thread. The manager did not want to return it due to I wore it, however I did not pay 150.00 to wear a dress once. They were very rude and I will NEVER purchase anything from Dillard’s again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I purchased an imitation pearl necklace from Dillards to wear that evening. When I went to put it on it broke. I managed to make it work, but then when I got home to take it off, it broke again in another spot. Dillards used to have quality products, and would never sell something cheaply made like this. I’m very disappointed!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

When I came in the fine establishment to purchase pants, I noticed that I was being followed by a member of the polo department. I clearly didn’t need any help looking for pants and being followed didn’t want to make me buy more...comfortably. The woman that followed me was a short old ** woman who judged me off my ** even though I’m two shades from being **. Crazy thing about it is I wanted to buy plenty more pants.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased a Coach purse for my daughter on 12/28/2018 and she eventually admitted to me that she didn't like it. I returned it on 1/22/19 and they would not provide me with a refund. The purse had the pop tag, I had the receipt and the original credit card that I used, but the clerk insisted that I only had two weeks to make a return for a full refund. I asked where that was written and she flatly said, "That's the policy." Nobody told me that and there was no notice or sign that would inform me. That was a $325 purchase and I am not happy. I will never do business with Dillards ever again!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I was in Dillard's on New Year's Day and was looking at purchasing a Patricia Nash pocketbook which was on the 40% rack and an additional 50% off, upon going to purchase it, after I found someone, they said it was not on sale, however, had they bothered to look they would have seen quite a few of the same bag on the rack, I spoke to the manager, after waiting a lengthy time to find her, all she said was not on sale, do you want it or not, her nasty attitude and body language had me put it down and walk out.

Still so irritated I called the corporate office and reached out to the CEO of Dillard's in Arkansas. His assistant Karen told me she could not do anything until I called the District manager, Gene **, well I did as I was told, and did not hear back, called her today, she was quite curt and said she would send an email to Mr. ** and also his assistant, well, I still have not heard anything back. Yes Dillard's has some items, that other stores do not have but I will not shop there ever again, they have no customer service skills and need to be better trained, however, since I did not have a good reception from the CEO's office what could I expect. What should have been asked is what can we do to satisfy you, but they don't seem to care about my business.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I received an email yesterday that my online order was ready at Fashion Place Mall in Salt Lake. I checked store hours for New Year’s Day and went to pick up my order, only to be told to come back tomorrow because they were too busy with returns & didn’t have time to give me my order that I paid for two days ago. Every time I shop at Dillard’s I remember why I haven’t shopped there for a while. Then I head over to Nordstrom!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I just called and have a horrible experience with their service. I spoke with Monica and Elaine. I tried to purchase boots at the sale price last night but the sale price in the cart was not matching the price on the page. It was midnight and they state they were open but were not. I even had screenshots of the issue. They were not able or willing to give me the boots at the price advertised yesterday. I am very upset at the quality of customer service. I hope they are able to do better in the future or I cannot imagine Dillards being a successful company much longer with the lack of care given to its customers and inability to make a sale. I will now go purchase those boots elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

17:30 pm I walked up to James Avery store in Dillards. There were maybe 4 people standing in front of me looking in glass case. A sales associate named Elizabeth walks close to glass case and said yes and looked at me, I asked is this the line, Elizabeth replies no. I then walk up and give her my James Avery bag with everything I was returning exactly how the James Avery in Dillards in humble gave me. I stated receipt is in bag as well. Elizabeth opens the box, take the charm out, look in bag. Elizabeth looks up to me as Elizabeth looks at receipt and say, "Well you don't have the yellow sticker. Where is it." I then state, "I'm not sure what yellow sticker but I have not taken anything out the box or bag. I brought it to you guys with receipt how it was given to me."

She then gives me a dirty look. I said, "I'm not sure what the yellow tag looks like," and Elizabeth says, "Without that tag on here I have to see if you can even return this." I said, "Well I was told when I purchased this as long as I had the receipt I could return it." Elizabeth says, "I have to call my manager and ask her." I said, "Why is that if the receipt is here and it has not been over 60 days and everything is in there as purchased except a yellow tag?" Elizabeth then grabs a clear bag with a yellow tag and raises her voice and says, "This yellow tag you see," while shaking the bag in the air and a very firm, demeaning negative tone.

I have never been talked to that way when I'm a loyal customer and I was completely respectful to her the entire time. This is something I don't allow my staff to do. That's a automatic termination because my company I manage has had a lawsuit before unfortunately because of this exact reason. This so-called subtle racism is unacceptable. I will never buy from Dillards again or James Avery. I'm sorry for James Avery because they are a great company but the partnership with Dillards. This I will not sweep under the rug. I then talked to Elizabeth manager Donyae who then looked through bag and opened box looked up at me and said, "Yes where is that yellow tag." I tell her the same thing I told Elizabeth. Everything that is in there is exactly how It is when I purchased it. Calmly I look while Donyae looks again.

She takes stuffing paper out top of bag, takes out box, look in bag, then opens box, put the top down, look under charm red bag, as she is doing so I say, "Are you guys referring to this yellow tag right here in lid of box." She says, "Oh yeah there it is," and does the transaction to return. When she is done and give me the receipt I then say, "Next time a little tip you may want to tell your employee not to accuse customers and have a demeaning attitude and body language all because she didn't look properly." Donyae did not acknowledge what I said. I then asked for her name and Elizabeth name. Donyae says, "Oh you was not happy?" I walked away. There was so many problems with this whole situation but most of all neither said, "I apologize," "I didn't look," or, "I'm sorry for my attitude and demeanor."

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Can never explain enough the disappointment shopping at this store. After spending about $800.00 on various items in the ladies department and on the way out noticed a pair of slacks on a mannequin. Went back to the sales clerk and was charged for the slacks. Upon the transaction I was told the slacks were not in that store and had to be shipped to my address, which is my husband's in an industrial location used for warehousing, hardly anyone there. So within a few minutes the clerk said she would cancel the sale. Why not tell me the slacks were not in the store before charging my card? Bottom line; during all the purchases we made that day, the clerk seemed confused and we had to ensure she understood English.

We have never received the $74.00 credit she said we would as the sale was to be canceled. Called the store on more than one occasion, talked with someone in the first call who assured me we would receive the credit, have not. Waited another week, called again. Talked with Darel. He tells me I should go back to the store in person to ask for credit with the receipts. The Galleria is across the street and have been shopping in Neiman and other stores for years. Don't shop at Dillards, the overall experience was not good and their prices are not less than the competition.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

It seems from what I am reading in these reviews that Dillards is blatantly ignoring their store policy with returns and I would immediately contact corporate. It is illegal for them to keep money owed to you and a gift receipt tells the exact amount paid so yes that acts as an original receipt and you absolutely get back whatever the amount paid was on that gift receipt. I strongly feel corporate needs to be involved and the BBB and not that any wants to take them to court, maybe you should too stop their unfair and possibly illegal acts as keeping money after they have accepted your merchandise back. Essentially that's stealing... I do not let anything go when I am mistreated or wronged - I go straight to the corporate office and I don't stop calling until it's corrected according to their own policy that they should absolutely be following...

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Very lousy customer service. Be Aware buying anything online. They charged my bank card (posted charge) Twice then put an pre auth hold on there 2 more times. This pre auth charged stayed on there for over a week. I finally got It off and they charged me again. It is still not resolved. I sill have over $320 tied for a $100 gift card. I am so sick of their customer services trying to tell me how pre auth works. I know how it works. It ties up your $ and theirs just never comes off!

I will never buy another thing from them!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

First of all, Dillards has the worst service ever. Two days ago I purchased a dress which is 300$ and I’ve a 30 days to return according to the return policy so I came today to return it cause I’ve the right to do so. That’s what their return policy says. I was at the store with my little baby sister and I told her when I return it I’ll get her what she wants with the money. They refused to return it so asked for the store manager. She came and was mad cause I called her so all that she did is pulling the dress tag off and cutting the receipt, returning item number with her pen in front of my teary eyed baby sister who realized that she can’t buy what she want if the item is not returned. That’s how they treat customers at Dillards.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Returned gifts received following all steps including instructions on where to send gift card, all tags and gift receipts were provided. Never received anything from them. When we followed up we were informed they reimbursed the original purchase and there is just nothing they can do and we would have to call the person who gave us the gift originally, which is not an option. Still fuming and very angry about how this was handled. We did everything as instructed and lost $300 in merchandise.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I purchased a dress online for 310.00. I shipped it back because although pretty, the dress did not look good against my own skin tone. I shipped it back and have been told it’s lost in the warehouse. It’s been 6 weeks and no refund. No effort is taking place to find the dress or refund my purchase.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Stopped at the Dillard's at Summit Mall on November 9 and proceeded to pick up some earrings and hosiery. Went to the jewelry register where a clerk was on the phone with a customer (and not very friendly to the person on the phone, so that should have been my first warning). The clerk saw me, made eye contact with me, but after she hung up the phone she walked away without a word. No acknowledgment, no "I'll be right back", nothing. I couldn't believe how rude she was. No wonder mall stores are closing all over the country. Why should I put up with some nasty girl when I can shop online? I will never shop at Dillard's again.

Dillards Company Information