3.6/5 (22 ratings)

About Chubbies Shorts

Chubbies Shorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chubbies Shorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chubbies Shorts?

Original review: July 16, 2021

These Chubbies shorts are complete trash. The material is junk the stitching is even worse and the price is WAY TOO HIGH for what they are. You can get the exact same shorts from any big box store for under $20 on any given day. Don’t waste your time or money on these. They also censor all the negative reviews customers put on the website, that’s says EVERYTHING about this company as a whole. They are only out for one thing and that’s to make money, they could care less about the quality of their product or their customer service. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Well what can I say - I heard a lot of great things about Chubbies until I went through the experience! I ordered over $400 worth of merchandise and it never was received. I immediately reached out to customer service and they claimed it was delivered... Well over a week later still nothing has been received and they won't issue me a refund.. They will only give me a credit to the store! Absolutely, terrible customer service on all levels! Will advise you not to order from them at all!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Shortly after I completed my order two weeks ago, I was informed that one of the three products I paid for was out of stock and was refunded - okay sure, things happen, fair enough (or so I thought). After a week of no further contact though, I received a second notice today that the other two products had also been refunded (presumably also out of stock). The only thing that actually has shipped is apparently the mask that was included as a free gift? It is not acceptable that these funds have ostensibly been withheld for no purpose. Very disappointing - the patterned shorts are almost as nice looking as this e-shop is bad at operating, it seems.

Please don't be fooled like I was. Spend your money with reputable retailers who won't tie up your money like this for no reason and who will actually provide you with a product (or a timely refund, at the very least). I posted this to the Chubbies website prior to this site, but I'm sure it will be removed. Reading the reviews below makes me feel a bit better not to be receiving any product from them.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I bought a pair of 5.5 inseam shworts a year ago and they were really Fantastic. A year later bought the exact same thing. Not the same. Material was not the same. Inside was not fleecy like the first pair. Sizing was way too small (I compared the old and new, off by 2" on the waist). Instead of a really outstanding product it turned out to be something you can buy at Wally's or Target for 1/4 the price. They definitely changed the manufacturing. What WAS great is now crappy. What really ticks me off is that I wrote a very detailed review about this on their website with 2 stars which I verified was posted. Now it does not show up. Since then I wrote another review with one star. Maybe they will delete it, maybe not. I see that other people have also said their negative reviews were deleted too. So I am not the only one.

Original review: June 3, 2020

This company removes any negative reviews from their website. I placed 5 negative reviews, all for products I purchased, and they were removed. They also utilize "bait and switch" tactics with discount codes by first offering discounts and then offering "gifts" based on the volume of your purchase. These 'Gifts" then negate the discount without any clear notification that this is happening. These "gifts" are also worth significantly less than the original discount offered.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I nearly placed an order with Chubbies using their website h/ before noticing discrepancies that raised my suspicions of the legitimacy of their e-commerce website. Their website lists a physical address in which to send returns as: Nothing - They do not have a return address. This physical address does not exist. Secondly, their 'Terms of Service' link is producing a 404 Page Not Found error. Thirdly, the physical address of Chubbies that they list in their promotional email, 2720 Taylor St, Suite 310, San Francisco, CA 94133, does not exist.

The final discrepancy is that the email address they list in which to contact their company for questions or customer service, info@chubbiesshorts.com, returns a delivery error. Please see the following delivery error I received after trying to email Chubbies using info@chubbiesshorts.com: Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following .info@chubbiesshorts.com. This website is likely a phishing scam! Please do not order from this website and risk having your credit card and personal information in the possession of criminals!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I do most of my shopping for my son and husband at Chubbiest Shorts. My husband loves the patterns of the clothing and the range of colors they offer are endless. But what makes this company different and a favorite for my family is their wide range for body type. I order 2 pairs of swimming trunks and a few shirts. The swimming trunks are made from very durable material that will last a couple years. Which is great. Also the shirts they offered are amazing. My son loves the bright colors. The quality is 100%. They take pride in the clothing they make and offer. And if you have any issues I know I can return and exchange for another product. I'm a customer for life.

Original review: June 12, 2018

It was a very good experience with Chubbies Shorts. I like the brand as a whole. They have a good selection and good styles that go with any occasion. Not hard at all to find the right sizes and good timing with shipping. I like the brand as a whole. Love the reasonable prices and the fit of the clothing. Also, great features. However the material needs to be sturdier and hold up to washing better. Had a little issue with shrinkage but not to where it was a problem. But overall it's very good quality. Very satisfied with this service and will gladly shop with them again.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I had a great experience with Chubbies Shorts. I love everything about it. Everything fits me well and I love how they look and feel on me. The price is great as well and I got my shipment right on time. Plus, you can't beat the quality.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I love this Chubbies Shorts and my overall experience with them has been great. Chubbies Shorts offers great prices and great quality clothes. They offer a great selection of swimwear for the whole family. I love their designs and patterns. I enjoy their online website too. Everything is easy to find, and the everyday low prices makes this place a great place to shop. I enjoy shopping from the comfort of my home. But the site's set up could use some updating, and better ways to contact customer service.

Chubbies Shorts Company Information