4.0/5 (173 ratings)

About Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I really liked just how patient everyone here is, as well as kind. The staff knows their product inside out. Finding what we were looking for was real easy. I'm so very impressed with the whole experience.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Been looking for the right ring for my girl for a while and found it here. The whole buying process was simple and easy. Customizing the ring to look just right was equally as easy. Brilliant Earth is a great place to find the perfect ring.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2021

The site is just so well made. Quick and easy to customize the ring you're looking for. Was on the fence about spending so much money on something I haven't seen in person, but the end result is I couldn't be happier with my ring!

Original review: May 1, 2021

Hands down the best price I found for the ring I was looking for. Finding the ring was a piece of cake with the website being so easy to navigate. Was my first time making a purchase like this and I found it easy.

Original review: March 2, 2021

With a great selection from modern to classic the options are wonderful. Many types of jewelry to choose from as well. Was able to find more than one item I like and I know I'll be back to buy them sooner or later!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Stay well away from this company!! The stress myself and my fiance have endured from this company the last few weeks has been extreme. We were ensured our ring would be ready by our wedding date (29th of Jan) only been told today (20th Jan) that it will not be ready and therefore we have no ring for our wedding day. We have been constantly trying to contact Brilliant Earth to ask for updates on the order and each time you call up the person you speak to has no idea what is happening or has a different excuse each time (and that's if you can even get through to someone).

They promise someone will call you back and then no one ever does. They have stuffed up every step of the way - initially making in white gold instead of platinum, then invoicing us the wrong amount, the list goes on. It has been a very stressful and traumatic experience dealing with Brilliant Earth. We feel we have been constantly lied to. An extremely incompetent, unethical company that clearly has no idea about customer service and we would recommend everyone to stay far far away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

They’re extremely unorganized & difficult - they’ve had my engagement ring for 4 months & won’t respond at this point - I was just getting something fixed & it has taken way longer than it ever should’ve.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I wish I had some way to contact their general customer service via e-mail, but I am forced to continue communications with their Washington DC location, which if it is any representation of the company, should be considered an embarrassment. I'll start at the beginning. I scheduled an in-person visit in early November to look at the Marina ring. Someone named Kyle reached out to me to let me know that unfortunately the ring would not be available to view on the date I scheduled and I would need to reschedule, which I did for two weeks after my original date.

Given the location's hours, I need to schedule time off from work to make it to the shop, because I don't live or work in DC. This is only worth noting, because when I showed up for my rescheduled appointment, I was informed that the Marina ring had not been ordered, because "someone" forgot to order it. Because I indicated that I was hesitant to make another appointment and take more time off from work, I was assured by our new associate, Izzy, that she would "more than make it up" to us, by adding a second "free" gift to our order when we came in. My fiancé knew how much I liked the Marina ring, so he convinced me to give them another shot, so we scheduled a third appointment for early December. (Original appointment 11/5, then 11/18, and then 12/3.)

When we came for our next appointment, the Marina was available. I got my finger sized, and my fiancé did as well because he found a ring that he liked. I identified another band that I wanted to purchase, yet when we sat down Izzy had only added the two rings to the order, and promised that she would send me the details on the 3rd ring separately. Why not just make the sale when she could? I couldn't tell you, but she didn't. She did, however, promise to send me the details on the ring, so I could order it myself.

As we finalized the order, the topic of "free gift", which incidentally is standard on any order above $1000, came up. Izzy showed me that she added a pair of diamond stud earrings to the order. At that time, I pointed out that I do not have pierced ears. At that Izzy stated she would change the earrings to an aquamarine pendant to match my ring. When I asked about the promised "second gift" she again promised that it would be added to the order when she corrected it the next day.

When we did finally receive the order confirmation in our email, four days later, it still showed the earrings, and nothing further. My fiancé followed up, immediately, but never received a response. I sent an e-mail independently asking for information about the third ring, and also got no response. After 2 weeks, I followed up again, and mentioned my fiancé's email which also hadn't been answered. At that time, I was informed by Kyle that Izzy would get back to me soon. Another three days went by, and Izzy finally responded to me to let me know she'd been busy, and hadn't had time to correct the order. She promised to send 2 "additional" free gifts ASAP and advised me to give the diamond studs as a gift. I asked her again about the third ring that I was looking at, and she informed me that she could order that for me if I wanted to come in, but did not give the details. I have not followed-up to order.

The rings arrived last week, along with the useless earrings. My fiancé's does not fit. He has reached out again for assistance, and has gotten no response. I have reached out again for assistance, and I've gotten no response. The trouble is, that with his ring, in particular, it cannot be resized, and any changes must be made within the first few days of receiving it. Of course, I suppose if they never respond to us, we're just stuck with the ring.

I realize it's the holidays, but I am so incredibly disappointed. It seems that Brilliant Earth has decided we're not worth the time to do anything other than take our money, and now that they have it, are doing nothing to provide any of the support or promises that were made. I've not yet taken my concerns to social media, because I've worked in customer service myself, and I understand that especially during the holidays it is hard, but I'm getting married in 3 weeks, and I would like for my husband to be able to wear his ring, and I suspect he would too. Hopefully this review will reach them, since I seem to have no other way to reach them except to call the DC location, which is the problem.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Avoid this company. There are alternatives like 1215diamonds who respect their customers. I read many negative reviews and still had confidence that my experience would be different and trouble-free. This was a huge mistake. Heed the warning that your order will not be seamless and smooth with this company. Expect something to go wrong. When it does, you will feel in the dark regarding status and ultimately spend exorbitant amounts of time calling customer service, waiting on hold, and waiting for updates that are never sent.

I placed my order for an engagement ring (diamond and setting selected) and wired my payment on the same day. Bank wire went through and they sent me confirmation that they received my payment the next day. 4 days later I receive an email at the end of the day ~4 PM PST stating "just tried giving you a call but wanted to follow up with an email. We need to discuss details of your order with you." I did not receive any phone call. I called as soon as the email came through and was told by customer service that the specialist handling my order was not available and that they would give me a call the next day. This call never came either, so I call customer service again and find out that the diamond I ordered is not available. I am being notified of this 5 days after I placed and fully paid for my order. I was not satisfied with the "similar" diamonds the order specialist presented and I requested a refunded.

I received an email confirmation of the order cancelation without any information regarding the refund. I call customer service again a day later and am told that they will be mailing a check and a refund confirmation will be sent out soon. Day 7 still haven't received anything regarding my refund and repeat the process of contacting customer who then proceed to tell me that the refund should be sent soon. I do this for the next 3 days and it's day 10 now and I still haven't received any confirmation about my refund. Where is my money! All this time I am also requesting that my bank wire transfer fee be reimbursed. Day 11 I am contacted by a "senior" member of the team who told me that they should have an update for me within 24 hours and that they will call me and send an email with details. Day 12, no call. No email. I emailed and called this "senior" staff and they have not responded. It is Friday and I assume this "senior" individual will not be available until Monday.

Update.. Check with refund arrived. Had no idea that it was left at my door. I am still trying to have my bank wire fee reimbursed. This is a theft of my time and it's ridiculous they expect me to cover the cost of this bank wire in this situation. Brilliant Earth should be confirming inventory before sending wire instructions and requesting a payment. I've been told by multiple people in this company to contact my bank. This is not the responsibility of my bank. There are many complaints about this company and I wish I would have heeded their warning. It would've saved me time, money, and stress.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I received my ring and one of the pave diamonds on the setting was missing completely. When I called them immediately after I saw this, I was told the process would take 3 wks, including a week long inspection of the ring. I had plans in place to purpose and wasn’t about to compromise them because of their complete lack of quality control, so I went to quick repair jewelry and paid $160 to complete the ring. No accountability and they nearly ruined the moment. I knew I was paying a 15-20% markup by going with them, I didn’t realize I would continue to pay for their lack of professionalism.

Brilliant Earth Company Information