Find the right jewelry store for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.66/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Brilliant Earth Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I ordered an engagement ring from Brilliant Earth for a time-sensitive proposal. My girlfriend and I were going on a road trip, and I wanted to propose at one of the National Parks we were visiting. Through no fault of Brilliant Earth, their partner parcel service lost the package. When I contacted them and explained the situation, they sent a replacement immediately via next-day air! It got to me in time, and long story short, the wedding is in a few months! I've never experienced such great customer service. I’m truly thankful, and will definitely be recommending [name of company to all of my friends in the future!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I was so impressed with my experience at Brilliant Earth. I went into the showroom to pick out an engagement ring, but I really wasn’t even sure where to start. I had measured one of my girlfriend’s rings to get the right size and had taken a few photos of some of her other jewelry for a point of reference, but I was totally lost otherwise. Luckily for me, one of the salespeople stepped up right away. She took a look at the photos I had, and steered me towards a few rings that she thought would be the right style. I was able to pick out one that I knew my (now-fiancee) would love – and I couldn’t be happier with my experience. Highly recommended!

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I ordered a engagement ring online for my fiance. I was really skeptical but the 30 day return policy and resizing option gave me reassurance. The ring was more than I wanted to spend but I found it was worth it in the end. If you are going to buy a diamond, I would say definitely buy the higher quality one. It was beautiful and arrived in about 12 days from ordering it. I will definitely be buying the wedding band from here as well. Also to add, I was looking around at local Jewelers before I found Brilliant Earth and the rings were not as customize-able. My overall experience was positive and I am very glad that I found them.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I had always wanted a sapphire ring and I searched for so long. I found Brilliant Earth and I liked the ethical approach of their stone mining/supply and the settings they proposed. I discussed online and decided to make an appointment at the Washington shop. I enjoyed the experience and I was very happy to have done it. It is such an important decision and also an investment. I was happy to see the settings and try them on. I picked a very different setting than the one I had chosen online. I received the ring today. The ring is really stunning. I love it so much!! It is a beautiful ring. The shop assistant Ruthy had been very helpful. She advised me well as I explained what I wanted. I am thrilled and super happy of my choice. I also found an additional setting for my original engagement diamond ring. This is my next purchase. Thank you Brilliant Earth for this very positive experience! I hope the ring will stay as beautiful as it is today for a long time!!!

Original review: March 24, 2019

So I have been stalking Brilliant Earth's vintage collection since I was 18. My boyfriend and I have been together over six years and he kept seeing me look and this amazing vintage ring. It is a 14k engagement ring from the 1950s with delicate band engravings like flowers, with a total of 7 old mine cut diamonds. He decided to buy it so he has it for when he is going to propose (he still wants that to be a surprise). I was a little worried about buying online and I couldn't find many reviews about their vintage collection but when it arrived it was stunning. Some other reviews had talked about the quality of their new rings being iffy but this is perfect! My boyfriend had me look at it to make sure it all checked out (a little big but that is an easy fix). It is the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen. Diamonds are very secure. Can't wait to get it sometime this year! Thank you Brilliant Earth!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I ordered some diamond and sapphire earrings and the day they're supposed to have arrived, I get a voice mail saying the item didn't ship bc they have a two step security verification that wasn't completed involving them charging me a lesser amount in addition to my payment. It turns out that they charged my bank account a second time for a lesser amount without me knowing nor did they inform me about this security policy prior to purchase. They told me they sent me an email with the policy (which went to my spam box) saying i had to email them back for the sole purpose of mentioning how much extra they charged me (the second time) in order to prove that i was the true owner of the check card i used.

They told me that they were going to remove that second charge since I indeed did what they wanted. My question is, can't they verify security by matching the address of the card used with the owner's address? I mean, why would a thief request a shipment to the true owner's house? I just don't like them messing with my accounts. Also, my wife's earrings were late bc their 1st initial email went to my spam box.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

My fiance bought my wedding ring from Brilliant Earth and I’m thrilled. I’m very into environmental activism, sustainable sourcing, and ethical purchasing, so I wanted a ring that really matched my own values. I’m really surprised by their dedication to ethical sourcing of diamonds and precious metals. Lots of times, I feel a little bit guilty when shopping, especially if I don’t know exactly where my items are coming from. But Brilliant Earth publishes the exact source for each diamond in their showroom, so I knew that we were getting conflict-free, ethically-sourced diamonds.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I spent some time looking for the exact diamond I wanted to purchase, I found it on their Website which said it was available. I put the other through for the Diamond and Ring which after Taxes totaled $8K on my Credit Card. A week later they send me an e-mail saying this diamond is no longer available and offer me other options that are nowhere close to what I was looking for, and they've already eaten up $8K off my Credit Card. After talking to them, the only answer they had was a that it was an "Technical Error" and that I could select another Diamond (to which they had none similar) or wait 7 business days for them to refund my money which leaves that space eaten up on my Credit Card for almost 2 weeks altogether. Not impressed by the service, shouldn't bill a Customer unless you are 100% sure you have a product to sell; especially one as pricey as a Diamond Ring.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

DO NOT PURCHASE A RING HERE. I had a similar experience to others if you thoroughly read reviews where things go wrong, and I won't bore you with the details. In short, Brilliant Earth damaged my engagement ring during the resizing process and refused to refund the cost of the ring unless I signed a nondisclosure agreement. I have never experienced or witnessed such horrendous customer service and disregard for other people's time, money and feelings. It was extremely hard to get in contact with the Brilliant Earth reps who were handling our case.

I never saw my ring again after I dropped it off to be resized and I never received a refund from Brilliant Earth since I refused to sign the NDA. I highly recommend you save yourself the heartache, frustration, time and money, and take your business to a local jeweler who takes pride in their product and genuinely cares about ensuring a positive customer experience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I recently purchased an engagement ring for my fiance, and I haven’t been able to stop singing the praises of this company ever since. I was looking for a very unique combination of cut and color, and I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to find an ethical ring that checked all of my boxes. I was wrong. Not only was the online staff able to answer all of my questions and give me suggestions, but they also pointed me toward an option that came in under budget! We couldn’t be happier with the ring we ended up with.

Brilliant Earth Company Information