Find the right jewelry store for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.79/5

51 Brilliant Earth Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2019

Nothing feels better than going shopping and leaving feeling like a million bucks. I had a modest budget for earrings and was originally hesitant about going to Brilliant Earth because I guess I thought it was only for higher end budgets, however the staff reassured me that we could find something nice with my budget and they were right! They never made me feel like I wasn't good enough to shop there or anything like it. I felt like I was a princess from their service and every time I wear my gorgeous new earrings, I feel the same way.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I had always wanted a sapphire ring and I searched for so long. I found Brilliant Earth and I liked the ethical approach of their stone mining/supply and the settings they proposed. I discussed online and decided to make an appointment at the Washington shop. I enjoyed the experience and I was very happy to have done it. It is such an important decision and also an investment. I was happy to see the settings and try them on. I picked a very different setting than the one I had chosen online. I received the ring today. The ring is really stunning. I love it so much!! It is a beautiful ring. The shop assistant Ruthy had been very helpful. She advised me well as I explained what I wanted. I am thrilled and super happy of my choice. I also found an additional setting for my original engagement diamond ring. This is my next purchase. Thank you Brilliant Earth for this very positive experience! I hope the ring will stay as beautiful as it is today for a long time!!!

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

So I have been stalking Brilliant Earth's vintage collection since I was 18. My boyfriend and I have been together over six years and he kept seeing me look and this amazing vintage ring. It is a 14k engagement ring from the 1950s with delicate band engravings like flowers, with a total of 7 old mine cut diamonds. He decided to buy it so he has it for when he is going to propose (he still wants that to be a surprise). I was a little worried about buying online and I couldn't find many reviews about their vintage collection but when it arrived it was stunning. Some other reviews had talked about the quality of their new rings being iffy but this is perfect! My boyfriend had me look at it to make sure it all checked out (a little big but that is an easy fix). It is the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen. Diamonds are very secure. Can't wait to get it sometime this year! Thank you Brilliant Earth!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I made an appointment with Liza to look at stones to replace a missing one from a ring that belonged to my mother. I had visited other local jewellers however couldn't find the perfect one. Considering it was to replace a sentimental piece that already existed, I had a very good idea on what I was looking for. I brought pictures of the original ring and Liza spend her time showing me options and we found the perfect stone. Excellent service and I'm thrilled to have my mother's ring restored to the closest thing possible to the original!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I posted this review elsewhere as well but I felt it was important to give this company more visibility on their excellent service. Brilliant Earth is not like your usual pushy jewellery store. Here you can make an appointment and the team offer a personalized tailored experience. They take the time to understand your needs and budget and truly work hard to find you the perfect piece and ensure you leave happy. When you're spending a significant amount on a piece of jewellery you intend to have for a long time, the service here is exactly what you expect to have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: June 12, 2019

I recently went through the process of helping my brother purchase an engagement ring with Brilliant Earth. The customer experience when choosing the ring with Sara was exceptional. She couldn't have been more helpful and we were so happy to have her as part of this experience. However, Brilliant Earth fell short when it came to execution and taking responsibility of delivering the ring a day early in the hands of his fiance. She literally signed for it!

Brilliant Earth, had the package delivered a day early, after my brother called to confirm the delivery date that week. My brother was in meetings that day at work and planned an entire SPA day for his girlfriend the next day (the deliver date) so he could be in receipt of the ring when it was delivered. The surprise is now over unfortunately.

When we reached out to Brilliant Earth to take responsibility, the CEO said it was FedEx's fault when their own contracts limited us to hold the ring at a facility that day so he could go pick it up. We tried contacting FedEx immediately when we received the FedEx in transit alert and were told we couldn't make changes to have the ring sent to a FedEx location. We also called Brilliant Earth to have FedEx send to the nearest location (because their contract terms limit customers from doing so) and after 2 hours with no response, nothing was done.

The CEO offered a gift certificate of $150 for a future purchase which after this experience seemed insulting. He apparently does not understand accountability and making sure customers are happy with their experience nor does he care about anything but his bottom line. If he had handled this situation with any empathy at all, we would have been pleased. No effort was made, not even an apology.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I spent a lot of time at the showroom trying to find the perfect ring and my experience could not have been any better. The final result, my wife is showing off her ring everywhere and is walking around with the biggest smile on her face.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I ordered a ring from Brilliant Earth and later decided that I wanted to change what I ordered (they send an email about charging your credit card, where you have to confirm the amount and authorize them to do so). I had not responded to this email as of yet, and decided to cancel my order. When I called in the customer service agent was willing to cancel my order, I had told him that I was going to change the stone and he said that was fine. The original order was canceled.

I ordered a different diamond with the same setting from their website and a day later they sent me an email saying that this "would be my first exchange". I was confused by what this meant exactly so I called in to find out more information. Apparently if you cancel your order (they state that they had started making the ring by this point, but I hadn't even confirmed my payment method so I'm not sure why they would have started) and initiate a new order you lose out on your ability to perform a return. I was already kind of skeptical about buying a ring/stone online without having seen anything. I really didn't want to buy one without some sort of return policy so I ended up just cancelling the entire order.

I don't think their customer service or their policies worked well in this regard. They told me after that it would have been better if I had just changed the stone by calling them on my original order, but I had read other reviews of people changing their order and then not being able to return their item later on. Also they never informed me of this when I called in to cancel. This just seems really shady to me and I won't be doing business with Brilliant Earth. I can't recommend them as a company and I will be telling others I know of who may consider using them.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I just had one of the best experiences at the location in SF. I was treated with care and never felt rushed or pressured to purchase. The staff was very informative and could not be happier with my latest purchase.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Bought a gift online and it was delivered on time over the holidays and was packaged beautifully. The item was just as described and even more gorgeous than the photos do justice. I highly recommend shopping with this company!

Original review: May 9, 2019

We had virtually the same experience as another reviewer on here. We purchased a sapphire engagement ring from Brilliant Earth in January. When it arrived, the sapphire was a much lower quality than advertised in the pictures and a completely different colour. When we contacted them to ask for a replacement, they charged us over $1,000 to get a stone that resembled what we’d ordered to start with. It also took a painfully long time to get the replacement ring meaning we had announced our engagement and were without a ring for a month. We didn’t even have it for our engagement party despite pleading with them to expedite the process. I made a formal complaint one month ago and have made absolutely no progress. We are heartbroken to have had such an important and exciting time for us stalled by misleading advertising and terrible customer service. Avoid! There are more reputable ethical jewellers to choose from.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I contacted Brilliant Earth around 7 weeks before my wedding wondering whether a custom design for a man's band was feasible in that time. I was assured that if I was timely in my responses to the rep I'd be put in touch with, it was highly likely. I'd purchased my wife's band and engagement ring from their other departments before, so I went ahead and was put in touch with the custom department and a representative named Alexandra. This is where everything started going wrong. From the start, the rep showed NO urgency, despite the looming wedding date. It was a frequent occurrence for the rep to not respond to my questions or responses 2 or 3 days later, even accounting for the rep's days off. After 3 weeks of her asking questions that should've been asked early on, I reminded her of the wedding date and my concerns about it getting increasingly less likely I'd get my ring in time.

At this point, she expressed that it was unlikely then accused me of not properly communicating the date of the wedding. It was literally in the same sentence as my ring size (which she clearly knew). Either she didn't pay attention to a key piece of information or she was trying to cover her own backside. After calling her to explain my concerns, she stated it would still be possible, but she resisted even giving me a rough sketch of what the final design would look like until I basically said I wouldn't put the deposit without the sketch (not unreasonable on a custom design). She got me the sketch, I put the deposit, and she said we'd have the sample mold in about a week for final approval. A week later, I emailed her to check on the status. No response for almost another half week.

At this point, I called the main line to formally complain about her to someone outside the department as I began making peace with the fact that I wouldn't have my ring on my wedding and would need to procure a stand-in. Suddenly she responded in a timely manner. I was then assured the company would take an unprecedented step and put my ring ahead of all custom orders to get it to me in time. I got the ring 5 days before the wedding. At this point, I assumed the nightmare was over. Alas, on the wedding day, somebody ran some gentle water over it to make sure the ring was clean and shiny and one of the six stones in it fell out. That's right, I had a stone missing on my wedding day.

I'm still in the process of getting this fixed, but I'm not expecting miracles here since there wasn't even so much as an apology for the stone falling out. My guess is that to account for the original rep's issues with responding in a timely manner, they severely rushed their QC checks. Given the cost of custom jewelry starting at $2000, I in NO way can recommend the custom jewelry department of Brilliant Earth, at least while those employees responsible for this fiasco are still employed.

Original review: May 3, 2019

My partner and I chose my ring together. We couldn't quite find the setting I wanted, but Brilliant Earth had it. Shipping to Australia was very prompt. The ring arrived in a gorgeous wooden box, and the ring itself is just stunning. I had to send it back to be resized, but this process was seamless and postage was very quick considering it went all the way back to Colorado. I got it back shortly after (return shipping and resizing was free) and couldn't be happier with the product.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have dealt with lots of jewelry stores in my life and I have never had such great service like I have had with the Brilliant Earth store in Washington. The staff there was extremely professional and attentive and were able to narrow down exactly what I was looking for. I could not be happier with my purchase and will be spreading the word about them everywhere.

Original review: April 25, 2019

My husband purchased a ring for me from this company. They kept saying there would be a delay. Finally my husband tried to cancel the order but they said the ring was in transit. They offered a pair of diamond earrings for all the trouble. Two weeks after my ring arrived I received a pair of cheap silver studs that looked like they came from a gumball machine. Do not use this company. There are plenty of reputable jewelers. Brilliant Earth is not one of them.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have a very busy schedule and was in a very time sensitive situation when I called Brilliant Earth. The team was very flexible at being able to fit me in and was very impressed by their selection. I would highly recommend them!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Service during purchase and after sale are really above and beyond. I had a few questions when making my purchase which were responded to and when my order arrived I had some questions about how to care of my ring and the service was the same then too. Great site with exceptional customer service!

Original review: March 12, 2019

Bait and switch. I purchased a diamond engagement ring from their online store. They charged my credit card and sent me a confirmation email. Almost a week later, they called me to say they won't send me that ring unless I pay them an additional $7,000 beyond the posted price that I had already paid. Alternatively, they would help me find a different ring that is also a much higher price. The customer service manager offered me only $150 for the problem, which isn't even half the tax. AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU WANT TO GET WHAT YOU ORDERED.

Original review: March 4, 2019

A friend suggest I visit Brilliant Earth since I was looking for a specific type of pendant necklace for my mother's birthday. The woman who helped me took her time and we were able to find the perfect piece. She reassured me that if there was any issue that my mother wouldn't have any issues going back but she absolutely loves it! Thanks for your help, Alexandria!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My fiance and I just got back from a great experience at Brilliant Earth. Although we didn't pull the trigger yet, we will definitely be making a purchase with Lauren in the near future. She took her time to explain the difference between stones and settings and although we were slightly overwhelmed (our fault, not hers) we wanted to come home and give it some more thought. She wasn't pushy at all and gave us as much information as possible to help us make our choice. We will be making another appointment to return soon.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I went to Brilliant Earth looking for a pendant necklace to match some earrings my husband bought me a few years back and I wasn't disappointed! The sales lady was very welcoming and took the time to look at my earrings carefully and made some lovely suggestions. I selected the perfect necklace and she even took the time to clean my earrings for me even though I didn't purchase them there. THAT is great customer service!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My fiance is Irish and was adamant about having a green stone for her engagement ring. Thanks to Amanda at Brilliant Earth I was able to find the perfect ring that my fiance absolutely loves! I was stunned that Brilliant Earth offered so many different options and was able find exactly what I was looking for.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I was so glad a friend of mine recommended this place! She told me how her husband looked for over a year for the right place and Brilliant Earth quickly won him over. I made an appointment with my fiance to the showroom and we were stunned by how beautiful this place was. The service received by the staff at the San Diego location was nothing less than exceptional!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Walking into the Brilliant Earth showroom will leave you in awe! The staff was very friendly and helped us pick our wedding bands and the whole experience was phenomenal from beginning to end. They followed up with us a week later to ensure that everything was ok with our purchase.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I went to the Brilliant Earth showroom in SF and Jeremy helped me select some Christmas gifts. Even during the crazy holiday season I was helped patiently by Jeremy and I wanted to come on here and make sure this company gets some recognition for their staff and beautiful diamonds.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I bought a necklace from the Brilliant Earth website last week and received it already! I was extremely impressed with their packaging and the gorgeous quality of the piece. I have had nothing but a 5 star experience with the company thus far.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My boyfriend at the time purchased a beautiful engagement ring from Brilliant Earth. I’m the one who originally found the site and we picked out a ring together. When it first arrived and he proposed, the ring was stunning. Loved the box it came in as well. However, only a month or two after having it, I began noticing the white gold was turning yellow, like a cheap ring you’d buy from Walmart or something. I always took it off to wash my hands, etc, so to say I was disappointed is an understatement. We contacted the site to see what they could do and the customer service rep blamed the yellowing on my every day wearing of it and contact with water (which I actively avoided, so that’s **). She told me they would happily replate the ring for me so it looks brand new but it would cost $150. $150 to replate a brand new ring that I had only worn for 2 months. Wish we had gotten the ring elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We got my engagement ring here and I couldn't be happier. They offered a great selection and we were patient as we narrowed down our choices to find the perfect ring. It's a very expensive purchase, so I was happy they took the necessary time to make sure we were truly in love with the piece before buying it. I said YES to the ring! Overall, wonderful selection and great customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I walked into the showroom with my boyfriend at the time and was immediately greeted by Briana. She showed us all of the different types of rings, diamond cuts and settings to choose from. I could not be happier when my ring arrived! I keep getting compliments everywhere I go.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

In August of 2017 my now husband purchased a diamond and ring setting from Brilliant Earth. Less than a year later, and while on my honeymoon, one prong broke off of my ring and two others were damaged and the diamond fell out never to be found. Obviously upset, I called Brilliant Earth to let them know what happened and to my surprise they only asked if the ring was insured and when they found out it wasn’t said there was nothing they could do. I insisted that there must have been a problem with the ring because I hadn’t even hit the ring and felt there was no reason for the damage.

They told me to send the ring back in and they would look at it. I was reluctant to send the ring back in because I was so off put by their lack of customer service but my husband and I decided it was the right thing to do. Ultimately it was not. They sent a confirmation that they received the ring but that was the only communication until we harassed them for an answer. They insisted the damage was my fault and offered to repair it AT FULL PRICE. I refused to give the company any more of my money and asked them to ship it back ASAP so I could start the process of finding a jeweler to fix the ring for me (once I bought a replacement diamond). I was told I would have the diamond by the end of the week. I did not get the ring back for over a month and only after more than a dozen calls.

I dragged my feet for a while before bringing the ring into a jeweler because the whole situation had left me with such a bad taste in my mouth but when I finally did the jeweler said the damage to the ring was Brilliant Earth’s fault. The basket on the ring was too small for the diamond and as a result when cutting the prongs to hold the diamond they cut them too deep. This mistake caused the loss of the diamond to be inevitable (according to the jeweler, certainly within 2-3 of the purchase, no matter what). I strongly recommend that no one purchases a ring from this company, their workmanship is shameful, and their customer service is even worse.

Brilliant Earth Company Information