4.15/5

41 Brilliant Earth Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 14, 2019

Nothing feels better than going shopping and leaving feeling like a million bucks. I had a modest budget for earrings and was originally hesitant about going to Brilliant Earth because I guess I thought it was only for higher end budgets, however the staff reassured me that we could find something nice with my budget and they were right! They never made me feel like I wasn't good enough to shop there or anything like it. I felt like I was a princess from their service and every time I wear my gorgeous new earrings, I feel the same way.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I had always wanted a sapphire ring and I searched for so long. I found Brilliant Earth and I liked the ethical approach of their stone mining/supply and the settings they proposed. I discussed online and decided to make an appointment at the Washington shop. I enjoyed the experience and I was very happy to have done it. It is such an important decision and also an investment. I was happy to see the settings and try them on. I picked a very different setting than the one I had chosen online. I received the ring today. The ring is really stunning. I love it so much!! It is a beautiful ring. The shop assistant Ruthy had been very helpful. She advised me well as I explained what I wanted. I am thrilled and super happy of my choice. I also found an additional setting for my original engagement diamond ring. This is my next purchase. Thank you Brilliant Earth for this very positive experience! I hope the ring will stay as beautiful as it is today for a long time!!!

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

So I have been stalking Brilliant Earth's vintage collection since I was 18. My boyfriend and I have been together over six years and he kept seeing me look and this amazing vintage ring. It is a 14k engagement ring from the 1950s with delicate band engravings like flowers, with a total of 7 old mine cut diamonds. He decided to buy it so he has it for when he is going to propose (he still wants that to be a surprise). I was a little worried about buying online and I couldn't find many reviews about their vintage collection but when it arrived it was stunning. Some other reviews had talked about the quality of their new rings being iffy but this is perfect! My boyfriend had me look at it to make sure it all checked out (a little big but that is an easy fix). It is the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen. Diamonds are very secure. Can't wait to get it sometime this year! Thank you Brilliant Earth!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have a very busy schedule and was in a very time sensitive situation when I called Brilliant Earth. The team was very flexible at being able to fit me in and was very impressed by their selection. I would highly recommend them!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I made an appointment with Liza to look at stones to replace a missing one from a ring that belonged to my mother. I had visited other local jewellers however couldn't find the perfect one. Considering it was to replace a sentimental piece that already existed, I had a very good idea on what I was looking for. I brought pictures of the original ring and Liza spend her time showing me options and we found the perfect stone. Excellent service and I'm thrilled to have my mother's ring restored to the closest thing possible to the original!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: March 14, 2019

Service during purchase and after sale are really above and beyond. I had a few questions when making my purchase which were responded to and when my order arrived I had some questions about how to care of my ring and the service was the same then too. Great site with exceptional customer service!

Original review: March 12, 2019

Bait and switch. I purchased a diamond engagement ring from their online store. They charged my credit card and sent me a confirmation email. Almost a week later, they called me to say they won't send me that ring unless I pay them an additional $7,000 beyond the posted price that I had already paid. Alternatively, they would help me find a different ring that is also a much higher price. The customer service manager offered me only $150 for the problem, which isn't even half the tax. AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU WANT TO GET WHAT YOU ORDERED.

Original review: March 4, 2019

A friend suggest I visit Brilliant Earth since I was looking for a specific type of pendant necklace for my mother's birthday. The woman who helped me took her time and we were able to find the perfect piece. She reassured me that if there was any issue that my mother wouldn't have any issues going back but she absolutely loves it! Thanks for your help, Alexandria!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I posted this review elsewhere as well but I felt it was important to give this company more visibility on their excellent service. Brilliant Earth is not like your usual pushy jewellery store. Here you can make an appointment and the team offer a personalized tailored experience. They take the time to understand your needs and budget and truly work hard to find you the perfect piece and ensure you leave happy. When you're spending a significant amount on a piece of jewellery you intend to have for a long time, the service here is exactly what you expect to have.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My fiance and I just got back from a great experience at Brilliant Earth. Although we didn't pull the trigger yet, we will definitely be making a purchase with Lauren in the near future. She took her time to explain the difference between stones and settings and although we were slightly overwhelmed (our fault, not hers) we wanted to come home and give it some more thought. She wasn't pushy at all and gave us as much information as possible to help us make our choice. We will be making another appointment to return soon.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I went to Brilliant Earth looking for a pendant necklace to match some earrings my husband bought me a few years back and I wasn't disappointed! The sales lady was very welcoming and took the time to look at my earrings carefully and made some lovely suggestions. I selected the perfect necklace and she even took the time to clean my earrings for me even though I didn't purchase them there. THAT is great customer service!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My fiance is Irish and was adamant about having a green stone for her engagement ring. Thanks to Amanda at Brilliant Earth I was able to find the perfect ring that my fiance absolutely loves! I was stunned that Brilliant Earth offered so many different options and was able find exactly what I was looking for.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I was so glad a friend of mine recommended this place! She told me how her husband looked for over a year for the right place and Brilliant Earth quickly won him over. I made an appointment with my fiance to the showroom and we were stunned by how beautiful this place was. The service received by the staff at the San Diego location was nothing less than exceptional!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Walking into the Brilliant Earth showroom will leave you in awe! The staff was very friendly and helped us pick our wedding bands and the whole experience was phenomenal from beginning to end. They followed up with us a week later to ensure that everything was ok with our purchase.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I went to the Brilliant Earth showroom in SF and Jeremy helped me select some Christmas gifts. Even during the crazy holiday season I was helped patiently by Jeremy and I wanted to come on here and make sure this company gets some recognition for their staff and beautiful diamonds.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I bought a necklace from the Brilliant Earth website last week and received it already! I was extremely impressed with their packaging and the gorgeous quality of the piece. I have had nothing but a 5 star experience with the company thus far.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My boyfriend at the time purchased a beautiful engagement ring from Brilliant Earth. I’m the one who originally found the site and we picked out a ring together. When it first arrived and he proposed, the ring was stunning. Loved the box it came in as well. However, only a month or two after having it, I began noticing the white gold was turning yellow, like a cheap ring you’d buy from Walmart or something. I always took it off to wash my hands, etc, so to say I was disappointed is an understatement. We contacted the site to see what they could do and the customer service rep blamed the yellowing on my every day wearing of it and contact with water (which I actively avoided, so that’s **). She told me they would happily replate the ring for me so it looks brand new but it would cost $150. $150 to replate a brand new ring that I had only worn for 2 months. Wish we had gotten the ring elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We got my engagement ring here and I couldn't be happier. They offered a great selection and we were patient as we narrowed down our choices to find the perfect ring. It's a very expensive purchase, so I was happy they took the necessary time to make sure we were truly in love with the piece before buying it. I said YES to the ring! Overall, wonderful selection and great customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I walked into the showroom with my boyfriend at the time and was immediately greeted by Briana. She showed us all of the different types of rings, diamond cuts and settings to choose from. I could not be happier when my ring arrived! I keep getting compliments everywhere I go.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

In August of 2017 my now husband purchased a diamond and ring setting from Brilliant Earth. Less than a year later, and while on my honeymoon, one prong broke off of my ring and two others were damaged and the diamond fell out never to be found. Obviously upset, I called Brilliant Earth to let them know what happened and to my surprise they only asked if the ring was insured and when they found out it wasn’t said there was nothing they could do. I insisted that there must have been a problem with the ring because I hadn’t even hit the ring and felt there was no reason for the damage.

They told me to send the ring back in and they would look at it. I was reluctant to send the ring back in because I was so off put by their lack of customer service but my husband and I decided it was the right thing to do. Ultimately it was not. They sent a confirmation that they received the ring but that was the only communication until we harassed them for an answer. They insisted the damage was my fault and offered to repair it AT FULL PRICE. I refused to give the company any more of my money and asked them to ship it back ASAP so I could start the process of finding a jeweler to fix the ring for me (once I bought a replacement diamond). I was told I would have the diamond by the end of the week. I did not get the ring back for over a month and only after more than a dozen calls.

I dragged my feet for a while before bringing the ring into a jeweler because the whole situation had left me with such a bad taste in my mouth but when I finally did the jeweler said the damage to the ring was Brilliant Earth’s fault. The basket on the ring was too small for the diamond and as a result when cutting the prongs to hold the diamond they cut them too deep. This mistake caused the loss of the diamond to be inevitable (according to the jeweler, certainly within 2-3 of the purchase, no matter what). I strongly recommend that no one purchases a ring from this company, their workmanship is shameful, and their customer service is even worse.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I booked an appointment with the Brilliant Earth store in San Francisco and my overall experience was fantastic. I was treated with white glove service from the moment I walked in, (was offered water) and Lauren was patient with me the whole time I was there even though I was very indecisive.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

This is The email sent after the second delivery date passed... "Dear anyone who actually reads this, I am requesting a full refund on the engagement ring I never received. I will also need a return shipping label for the "stand-in" ring that was sent in lieu of the ring I ordered missing its original delivery date of 11/19/2018. The same Ring has now missed its second expected delivery date of 11/29/2018. Throughout this entire process I've had to initiate all of the contact to customer service as to why it's not here and/or when it may be here, starting over with each customer experience representative. This is not customer service, this does not show me that you care about my experience or business.

After much discussion my Fiance and I decided that if this is the initial service experience, then cleanings, re-sizing, or any warranty issues would be treated with the same low-level importance. We are now coming upon our second engagement party without the ring. I'd like my money back so that we can start over with a company that may actually deliver. I no longer have any faith in your company or services - so I will call one more time, Monday morning to confirm that the refund is being processed and that there is a method of returning the product we have at no charge to me."

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I was so nervous to shop around for an engagement ring for my girlfriend and the moment I got to the Brilliant Earth showroom I was greeted by a patient staff that made this experience so great. This is such an expensive purchase that it was good to get an education on what I was buying. I couldn't have narrowed it down and made a decision without the staff being so helpful.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Have not even received the ring yet and already have buyer's remorse. Believe the reviews that customer service is either non-existent or completely unhelpful. We placed an order for a very slightly modified ring. The details we sent were so clear I was worried we seemed patronizing, but even the most descriptive details were not enough. We received the sales receipt on the same day we signed authorization to begin production of the ring. Sales receipt shows that the agent had submitted the order entirely wrong, in addition to the fact that we had been charged an extra $300.

When alerted to their mistake we were told the ring was already in production (how?) and because they would need to start over it would now be NINE days late in arriving. It took DAYS of back and forth to even get the correction made, and still have yet to receive an updated sales receipt so fingers crossed the correct changes have actually been made. When asked if we could expedite the ring (which they advertise on their website as a possibility) we were told we would have to pay an additional $165 and it would only expedite the ring by 1-2 days. Any reputable business would have happily waived that fee after making a mistake on a ~$10,000 sale. They have no interest in making things right.

Furthermore, I requested the lab report for the lab-made diamond FOUR times before I received it. I emailed customer service and never received a response. I used the chat function and was promised by 2 different agents they would be sending immediately. On my 4th attempt our dedicated agent finally sent it...days after we had already purchased the diamond. Very disappointed, not necessarily because of the mistake (they happen!) but because of how little they care.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

The luxury jewelry purchased was gorgeous. However, there was a quality issue with the gold - it was not solid. It was returned twice for inspection and repair. I was always calm and supportive stating that I love the gorgeous piece of jewelry, I just need the gold to be inspected. I was repeatedly told I was the problem ruining the gold. I clarified that I had a wedding ring for nearly 10 years with no wear/tear and that there must be something wrong with this gold as it was falling apart in less than 6 months. After several attempts to escalate the issue, I requested that they allow me to warranty the ring as it was faulty so I could purchase a new piece elsewhere. They refused to allow me to warranty the ring. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with. We spent enough on a ring to purchase a vehicle and they refused to work with us to find a solution.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

A glance: Company has issues with consumer transparency. Order invoices that have been adjusted will not find their way to you, no matter how many times you waste your time calling. If you leave a message, do not expect a call back sooner than 8 hours when you are told it will be same day. Problem escalations will be extremely stressful on the buyer. This company seems to have difficulty getting things done. "Ethical" company with flat out false customer solutions. *I do not TRUST this company. I believe they LIE based on my experience. I would not suggest this company to anyone, for any reason.

By far the WORST company I have ever had the displeasure of purchasing jewelry from. I purchased a stone which I was charged for, then called to find out (days later) when it would ship, and was told it was shipping the next day overnight. Four hours later I get a call that the stone sold to someone else. Now comes the fun part.

This idiot company kept my money, told me they would find me another stone, and then tried to get me to lower my standards for said stone. After five days of back and forth I demand they refund me (12k) and they say "well if we find something in that processing time it may sell before your refund goes through." GAMES. GAMES. GAMES. Do not trust any company that tries to keep your money and does not give you a product. My rep changed multiple times because of lack of competency since no one was able to actually help.

Two weeks pass. I find a stone. They claim to work with me to discount the price, as well as some incentive items. I agree. Today I get a up shipping notification for the stone without the adjusted price and without the incentive items. I called this afternoon at 12, got a return call at 7:20 pm when I was at dinner and unable to answer (and unwilling to ruin my meal). In the message I'm told an updated invoice will be sent to me. It's 8:50, no invoice has been sent. By the way, this is the same mythical invoice that I was told I would get the day I placed my order, last week.

This company has no transparency whatsoever. They handle situations in the most undignified manner and seem to have extreme problems doing what they say they will. According to the message from today, my order will ship with my incentive items and be at the adjusted price. I will update my review as this 3-week long situation continues to ruin my life.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Brilliant Earth was very nice for jewelry and it gave a awesome look on me. Not so expensive too. Overall experience was good and it was a fun shopping at this place. I love shopping here every time and it is a real worth for money and am sure everyone will enjoy it a lot. All can try and see on you.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My engagement ring is from Brilliant Earth (I helped picked it out). A lot of their designs are rather generic (I'm rather eclectic) and it does take some of the excitement out of picking a one of a kind item. But the color and clarity of the diamonds are beautiful and I love that the diamonds are ethically sourced and sustainable without compromising the quality of the stones. Knowing that a portion of the proceeds will be donated helps soften the blow of such a major purchase as well. All valuable stones are pricey, but I still appreciate knowing the source. Also mine suits my personality without being flashy. Would but from them again.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Good value for price and great quality and is always around in my local area. And it's something my family has always bought and always trusted for generations to last for a very long time. I am very satisfied but it would always be great to reduce the price of the jewelry. And bring more opportunities of purchasing these jewelry accessories.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I like Brilliant Earth because they use pure sources. They are ethical in your jewelry practices and give back to the people who have been hurt by unethical practices. I love everything about this jewelry. I also like that they have price points in all price brackets. I wish there were more in the mid price range though. Otherwise wonderful experience. Everything I have brought has been top quality, very durable and beautiful. Free shipping and they ship quickly and pack it well. They also have free returns but I have never had to return anything. Great company.

Brilliant Earth Company Information