3.91/5
Based on 22 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

22 Brilliant Earth Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

In August of 2017 my now husband purchased a diamond and ring setting from Brilliant Earth. Less than a year later, and while on my honeymoon, one prong broke off of my ring and two others were damaged and the diamond fell out never to be found. Obviously upset, I called Brilliant Earth to let them know what happened and to my surprise they only asked if the ring was insured and when they found out it wasn’t said there was nothing they could do. I insisted that there must have been a problem with the ring because I hadn’t even hit the ring and felt there was no reason for the damage.

They told me to send the ring back in and they would look at it. I was reluctant to send the ring back in because I was so off put by their lack of customer service but my husband and I decided it was the right thing to do. Ultimately it was not. They sent a confirmation that they received the ring but that was the only communication until we harassed them for an answer. They insisted the damage was my fault and offered to repair it AT FULL PRICE. I refused to give the company any more of my money and asked them to ship it back ASAP so I could start the process of finding a jeweler to fix the ring for me (once I bought a replacement diamond). I was told I would have the diamond by the end of the week. I did not get the ring back for over a month and only after more than a dozen calls.

I dragged my feet for a while before bringing the ring into a jeweler because the whole situation had left me with such a bad taste in my mouth but when I finally did the jeweler said the damage to the ring was Brilliant Earth’s fault. The basket on the ring was too small for the diamond and as a result when cutting the prongs to hold the diamond they cut them too deep. This mistake caused the loss of the diamond to be inevitable (according to the jeweler, certainly within 2-3 of the purchase, no matter what). I strongly recommend that no one purchases a ring from this company, their workmanship is shameful, and their customer service is even worse.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I booked an appointment with the Brilliant Earth store in San Francisco and my overall experience was fantastic. I was treated with white glove service from the moment I walked in, (was offered water) and Lauren was patient with me the whole time I was there even though I was very indecisive.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

This is The email sent after the second delivery date passed... "Dear anyone who actually reads this, I am requesting a full refund on the engagement ring I never received. I will also need a return shipping label for the "stand-in" ring that was sent in lieu of the ring I ordered missing its original delivery date of 11/19/2018. The same Ring has now missed its second expected delivery date of 11/29/2018. Throughout this entire process I've had to initiate all of the contact to customer service as to why it's not here and/or when it may be here, starting over with each customer experience representative. This is not customer service, this does not show me that you care about my experience or business.

After much discussion my Fiance and I decided that if this is the initial service experience, then cleanings, re-sizing, or any warranty issues would be treated with the same low-level importance. We are now coming upon our second engagement party without the ring. I'd like my money back so that we can start over with a company that may actually deliver. I no longer have any faith in your company or services - so I will call one more time, Monday morning to confirm that the refund is being processed and that there is a method of returning the product we have at no charge to me."

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I was so nervous to shop around for an engagement ring for my girlfriend and the moment I got to the Brilliant Earth showroom I was greeted by a patient staff that made this experience so great. This is such an expensive purchase that it was good to get an education on what I was buying. I couldn't have narrowed it down and made a decision without the staff being so helpful.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Have not even received the ring yet and already have buyer's remorse. Believe the reviews that customer service is either non-existent or completely unhelpful. We placed an order for a very slightly modified ring. The details we sent were so clear I was worried we seemed patronizing, but even the most descriptive details were not enough. We received the sales receipt on the same day we signed authorization to begin production of the ring. Sales receipt shows that the agent had submitted the order entirely wrong, in addition to the fact that we had been charged an extra $300.

When alerted to their mistake we were told the ring was already in production (how?) and because they would need to start over it would now be NINE days late in arriving. It took DAYS of back and forth to even get the correction made, and still have yet to receive an updated sales receipt so fingers crossed the correct changes have actually been made. When asked if we could expedite the ring (which they advertise on their website as a possibility) we were told we would have to pay an additional $165 and it would only expedite the ring by 1-2 days. Any reputable business would have happily waived that fee after making a mistake on a ~$10,000 sale. They have no interest in making things right.

Furthermore, I requested the lab report for the lab-made diamond FOUR times before I received it. I emailed customer service and never received a response. I used the chat function and was promised by 2 different agents they would be sending immediately. On my 4th attempt our dedicated agent finally sent it...days after we had already purchased the diamond. Very disappointed, not necessarily because of the mistake (they happen!) but because of how little they care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

The luxury jewelry purchased was gorgeous. However, there was a quality issue with the gold - it was not solid. It was returned twice for inspection and repair. I was always calm and supportive stating that I love the gorgeous piece of jewelry, I just need the gold to be inspected. I was repeatedly told I was the problem ruining the gold. I clarified that I had a wedding ring for nearly 10 years with no wear/tear and that there must be something wrong with this gold as it was falling apart in less than 6 months. After several attempts to escalate the issue, I requested that they allow me to warranty the ring as it was faulty so I could purchase a new piece elsewhere. They refused to allow me to warranty the ring. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with. We spent enough on a ring to purchase a vehicle and they refused to work with us to find a solution.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

A glance: Company has issues with consumer transparency. Order invoices that have been adjusted will not find their way to you, no matter how many times you waste your time calling. If you leave a message, do not expect a call back sooner than 8 hours when you are told it will be same day. Problem escalations will be extremely stressful on the buyer. This company seems to have difficulty getting things done. "Ethical" company with flat out false customer solutions. *I do not TRUST this company. I believe they LIE based on my experience. I would not suggest this company to anyone, for any reason.

By far the WORST company I have ever had the displeasure of purchasing jewelry from. I purchased a stone which I was charged for, then called to find out (days later) when it would ship, and was told it was shipping the next day overnight. Four hours later I get a call that the stone sold to someone else. Now comes the fun part.

This idiot company kept my money, told me they would find me another stone, and then tried to get me to lower my standards for said stone. After five days of back and forth I demand they refund me (12k) and they say "well if we find something in that processing time it may sell before your refund goes through." GAMES. GAMES. GAMES. Do not trust any company that tries to keep your money and does not give you a product. My rep changed multiple times because of lack of competency since no one was able to actually help.

Two weeks pass. I find a stone. They claim to work with me to discount the price, as well as some incentive items. I agree. Today I get a up shipping notification for the stone without the adjusted price and without the incentive items. I called this afternoon at 12, got a return call at 7:20 pm when I was at dinner and unable to answer (and unwilling to ruin my meal). In the message I'm told an updated invoice will be sent to me. It's 8:50, no invoice has been sent. By the way, this is the same mythical invoice that I was told I would get the day I placed my order, last week.

This company has no transparency whatsoever. They handle situations in the most undignified manner and seem to have extreme problems doing what they say they will. According to the message from today, my order will ship with my incentive items and be at the adjusted price. I will update my review as this 3-week long situation continues to ruin my life.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Brilliant Earth was very nice for jewelry and it gave a awesome look on me. Not so expensive too. Overall experience was good and it was a fun shopping at this place. I love shopping here every time and it is a real worth for money and am sure everyone will enjoy it a lot. All can try and see on you.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My engagement ring is from Brilliant Earth (I helped picked it out). A lot of their designs are rather generic (I'm rather eclectic) and it does take some of the excitement out of picking a one of a kind item. But the color and clarity of the diamonds are beautiful and I love that the diamonds are ethically sourced and sustainable without compromising the quality of the stones. Knowing that a portion of the proceeds will be donated helps soften the blow of such a major purchase as well. All valuable stones are pricey, but I still appreciate knowing the source. Also mine suits my personality without being flashy. Would but from them again.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Good value for price and great quality and is always around in my local area. And it's something my family has always bought and always trusted for generations to last for a very long time. I am very satisfied but it would always be great to reduce the price of the jewelry. And bring more opportunities of purchasing these jewelry accessories.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I like Brilliant Earth because they use pure sources. They are ethical in your jewelry practices and give back to the people who have been hurt by unethical practices. I love everything about this jewelry. I also like that they have price points in all price brackets. I wish there were more in the mid price range though. Otherwise wonderful experience. Everything I have brought has been top quality, very durable and beautiful. Free shipping and they ship quickly and pack it well. They also have free returns but I have never had to return anything. Great company.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I heard Brilliant Earth is a company I can trust. I heard only positive reviews and we decided to buy a ring there. They offer a lot different styles for everybody, prices very great and it's very affordable. Love this company a lot. It's great quality, designs and overall I am very impressed. Amazing and would recommend it but I wish they could have a store somewhere in Wisconsin so I could go in and check their assortment.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I would choose this jewelry place over anything else because it's not expensive. It has beautiful jewelry and I'm really impressed. It's very nice and wonderful. The features are fantastic and I just am in love with it. But they could improve their employees for they're not always full eyes on the jewelry. I would share this place with my friends and family so they know about this place.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Brilliant Earth was the first place I bought from and I just overall like the designs of the jewelry. The colors and shapes are eye catching and are created very well. I also like the pricing of Brilliant Earth jewelry. But I wish the shipping would be a bit faster.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Their ads drew me in, they are fashionable as well as beautiful and make you want to visit the site. Once you are there it is easy to navigate and the selections are so special it hard to select just one. Their jewelry is always elegant, shiny and sparkles in any light. I can trust Brilliant Earth to always have quality merchandise that I and my family will treasure through many generations. But they should have more sales, with today's economy and political atmosphere one never knows what is going to happen. Unlike stocks and bonds jewelry is an amazing investment.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I like their unique design. They put a lot of thought into the details of each piece of jewelry. Their designs are a true work of art flawless and perfect. It fits my style and they always have exactly what I am looking for. They have something for everyone. Beautiful jewelry of all kinds. Everything I have bought from them so far has been great no flaws.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Brilliant Earth jewelry is hands down and one of the best brands around because of the elegancy and taste of their products. I always choose Brilliant Earth over brands because it's my favorite jewelry brand ever. It has the most affordable jewelry with the best style and the quality is unbelievable. It's simply amazing. You really get what you pay for and you can't ask for a better price or better quality piece. I always wear my brilliant earth jewelry almost every day and I always show it off and tells my friends about it. I will continue buying this brand in the future until I die because that's how much I love the jewelry.

Original review: May 26, 2018

The jewelry shines like a rainbow and many people remark on the colors displayed. I like its color and clarity. The rocks just seem to shine like a brilliant star in a galaxy, it's the most impressive and in my opinion no one beat it. The quality of the stones are amazing, everyone that see them are always impressed with quality and the looks of the jewelry. Many people have asked me where I got the stone and the price. The only complaint I have is that it is not available in the stores in my area. I have to travel almost 2 hours one way just to find a store that has the stones I want for jewelry.

Original review: May 25, 2018

They have a very unique style nobody else does and I would not change it for the world. Colors are very good and match well with the metals they use. I like the very intricate earthy details. They are very great and are a perfect match for me. They are very easy to buy and are inexpensive.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I was choosing between Brilliant Earth and Jared and I didn't like Jared as much as I like Brilliant Earth. They are innovative, trustworthy and amazing. They ethnically source and certify the diamonds and other kinds of jewelry that they offer which is what I like most about them. I bought a diamond ring from Brilliant Earth for my wife. Though it was a little expensive, I love the ring and it is a perfect fit and perfect size of diamond.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Brilliant Earth is a great company and its jewelry is excellent. However, they should improve their advertising method and the way they reach users and customers because their competitors spend a lot of money on advertising and they do not. Nevertheless, I choose them because they provide me with pieces of unique and good quality jewelry for all occasions and social events that I attend. Also, the prices are competitive and of great value.

Original review: May 20, 2018

This is the most amazing company and I love that it has a lifetime warranty. They have gorgeous jewelry and have so many choice of diamond cuts to pick from. It sparkles all the time and so different. I love what they are doing and the fact that they are part of improving the community. This company also is environmentally responsible and they are helping to make this world a better place to live in.

Brilliant Earth Company Information