2.2/5 (31 ratings)

About Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Two years ago I purchased my mom a pair of diamond earrings for Christmas and they came with a nice pair of complimentary diamond studs. The earrings were beautiful, comfortable, and had a good backing for safety. We have had no issues with the earrings and I accidentally lost one of the complimentary studs completely of my own fault. I contacted Brilliant Earth to secure a replacement and they were prompt to pick up the phone, they were kind, and very capable. I received an email resolving my question just a couple days later. They have since promptly cleared up other questions I've had with kind communication. They don't joke around about the lifetime warranty! They've secured lifelong customers from me and my family.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I bought an engagement ring 2-3 years ago. It looks great! About a month ago we discovered that one of the side little diamond stones is missing. We sent it back as instructed. On the first follow-up call, the repair cost was $200-300. On the follow-up call, our objection was accepted, and a month later, we received the ring back, shiny and fixed. It was a satisfying experience. Thank you, Brilliant Earth.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2022

My boyfriend and I visited the NYC showroom to get an idea of which Engagement ring styles we liked best. We had visited a few other brands/stores but I was so impressed by not only the extensive selection of diamonds and settings Brilliant Earth provided but also the customer service we received. Kylie asked thorough questions about what we were each looking for and put many options in front of us, she even went as far as letting me try on her own engagement ring (which was my dream ring)! We left feeling so positive that we have found a ring that we both loved!

Original review: June 10, 2022

I had the most positive experience when I visited the New York showroom with my best friend to try on rings. Shefrin was both professional and supportive and made me feel comfortable throughout the entire experience. He provided important insight from a professional standpoint while also dedicating himself to understanding my preferences. He did not make me feel guilty or rushed when I kept asking to try on more rings, and furthermore the survey you fill out before hand (which he did take the time to carefully review) guides the experience and makes conversations about budget a non-issue. Shefrin respected those boundaries and got me in a ring I love. Furthermore, by only allowing two people in the showroom at a time and having separate displays for each person, it truly makes the experience about you. Shefrin was authentically personable and I am super excited to have him on my team through this exciting stage of life.

Resolution response: Jan. 22, 2023

The absolute angel manager Macee at Brilliant Earth has come through and helped us out. Thank you Brilliant Earth. We look forward to buying our wedding bands from here. :)

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

This has been an absolutely heartbreaking and devastating experience. Please don't make the same mistake as we did by choosing Brilliant Earth. We picked out a lovely $7,000+ engagement ring, got engaged but wanted to switch it out for something else that caught her eye. We were fully within the return/exchange window. What followed next still has her in tears today and they keep skirting calls to resolve.

We reached out on January 2nd, 2023 to their online chat system to confirm when our return/exchange date is considering they had some extended policies for the Christmas period. We were told we have till Jan 15th to initiate the return. We call to initiate the return on Jan 14 and were told nope, it needed to be back at their warehouse by then! What! That's not what the first agent told us and it's absolutely nowhere on their website under their return policy!

We reach out to the online agents again as we are still in shock who then tell us that they are confused as to why the return can't go through while we're still in the return window!! Tell us they're going to have a manager get this approved ASAP. Tell us to reach back in 48 hours if there is no reply... 48 hours of tears and heartbreak later we reach out to an agent who tells us the request is denied! I once again explain the situation to this agent who then sympathized and understands why we are so confused considering we were WITHIN THE RETURN period. They reassured us to 'stay positive, a manager will reach out to you by a call to resolve this happily for you in the next 24 hours'.

24 hours pass by - an automated email by one of their managers gets sent saying whoops, we didn't get back to you, please click here to schedule a callback... Schedule a callback and nope. No callback. Call the backup number in that email - once again explain the whole situation - and once again told,"Wow this doesn't add up, let's get you a manager." Nothing. No resolution. No honoring of their 'policies' and a complete lack of leadership + responsibility. Absolutely shady behavior and completely heartbreaking. We aren't even asking for a refund. She wants to pick out another ring from brilliant earth! Save yourself the nightmare.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Do NOT purchase from Brilliant Earth. I was proposed to with the Ramona. We wanted to use this for engagement and marriage band. Unfortunately, my husband decided not to be married to me after 2 months as he is struggling with some heavy mental issues. Attempting to sell it to offset my financial burdens as as result of this heartbreaking turn of events, I found out by 3 different jewelry who wasn't even "interested" in purchasing it that the color and clarity were falsified. What was almost 5k I could not even get 100 dollars out of. I will be reporting them to the BBB and all other sites to prevent this to happening to anyone else.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

Horrible experience all around. They didn't keep my ring size in a note listed on file which they assured us they would when we looked at rings. So, when my fiancé decided to order, he guessed at the size and of course it was wrong. We were told it can't be sized down to fit my finger and since it had been more than 90 days since the purchase date to the proposal date, they wouldn't resize it or let us swap it out. They gave us 1/4 of the amount we paid for the setting towards a completely new one even though we'd purchased it from them just a few months prior. So, my finance had to shell out an additional $800 for a setting he'd already paid for in full months prior because he ordered the wrong size and they wouldn't do anything about it.

We were promised on the phone with customer service at time of payment we'd receive the ring back with the new setting by December 14th which is also what was advertised on their website. It was dropped off on 12/3 and after they had it they told us we wouldn't get it back until 1/2 even though their website STILL advertises "order now for a Christmas proposal!" Customer service was completely unaccommodating.

Shane co said they could have the stone from the original ring in a new setting and ready for pickup in 4 days (including the weekend) whereas this place is taking over a month? We JUST got engaged and sent the ring back immediately under the impression (bc that's what they told us and what's advertised) that we'd have it back in time for Christmas so we can show family the ring and now we won't have anything until next year.

There are plenty of other places that offer ethically sourced diamonds which I didn't realize before we ordered from brilliant earth. I would HIGHLY suggest going somewhere else. Shane co, Solomon brothers, literally anywhere else. This place is run like a boujee Kay Jewelers. Everything is done offsite. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!! A family run place, a local place, literally anywhere. Ruined the whole experience for my fiancé and I.

UPDATE: Brilliant Earth called my fiance only after reading my review. They gave us the false excuse that "the reason for the hold up" on the ring was because we hadn't let them know if we wanted to purchase one of their warranties for the ring or not. MIND YOU, my fiancé purchased a "lifetime warranty" from them for an additional $500 when he first purchased the ring.

During every online and phone conversation with customer service complaining about the 'deliver by' date that we've had, nobody once mentioned this or asked us if we wanted the warranty. Plus, we assumed we still had the warranty we had originally purchased a few months prior. But no, in order to have a warranty on this ring, we need to pay ANOTHER $500. Not happening. I refuse to give them another penny. We had planned on purchasing our wedding bands from them as well but certainly not anymore. I wish we would've gone to Shane co that has free lifetime warranties and sizing.

This whole experience has been a nightmare and we made it abundantly clear that we would not consider the issue to be "resolved" until we are given a full refund on everything we have spent at Brilliant Earth. The representative we were corresponding with said that wasn't an option so we asked to speak with her superior. We received a call from another BE rep today and she reiterated that they would not refund our purchase due to “policies.” Her resolution was offering to refund the additional money we’d spent on the second setting ONLY if we removed our reviews and signed paperwork stating we wouldn’t post anymore. That sounds incredibly unethical.

She also acknowledged that the 'deliver by' dates advertised are likely delayed for everyone. So, don't trust the dates listed on their website. Plan way ahead..but then again, if you purchase the ring more than 3 months before you propose and you order the wrong size, they make you buy a whole new ring and 'warranty.' They are real sticklers for dates when it comes to their "policies" but not so much when it comes to the unachievable promises they make to their customers to incentivize purchases under false pretenses. They ruined our experience and it will forever irritate me every time I look at my finger and see that they got ever got a dime out of us.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

My fiancé and I went to Brilliant Earth to look at engagement rings in January 2022. We weren’t ready to purchase that day so the woman who we had the appointment assured us she would keep notes on our file as far as the ring size and setting preference we had discussed. Once I was ready to purchase the ring in July, I called Brilliant Earth to get our notes. Not only was there no note regarding her ring size but there was also no note of which setting she had chosen, just three we looked at. Wanting the proposal to be a surprise, I ordered the ring and guessed on the size since there was no note on file like we had been promised. My fiancé was pregnant with our child so I did not propose until November, after the baby was born. As soon as I proposed, we discovered the ring was too large.

My fiancé drove an hour to brilliant earth to take it in to be sized the next day. We were told it could not be sized down to her size and we would have to purchase a new setting. They didn’t have any available appointments to let her look at settings while she was already there so she had to drive back again on 12/3. She ordered the setting and dropped her current ring off. She made it clear to the associate that we needed the ring back before Christmas. When my fiancé dropped the ring off on 12/3, the associate told her that she didn’t need to pay anything upfront and someone from Brilliant Earth would contact us once they decided how much “metal credit” they’d give us for the original setting and at that time we would pay the remainder.

Well, we waited until 12/7 and still hadn’t heard anything so I called to check on the status. They’d already done the evaluation and told us we would be getting $260 credit for the setting we just paid them $1090 for and we needed to pay an additional $786 for the new one that would fit her finger. At that time, their website clearly stated “order today for delivery by December 14th.” I made sure to verify with the woman I paid on the phone that we would receive our ring by December 14th and she assured me that we would. On December 12th, the tracking information for the new ring said it still had not been picked up by the carrier. I called to verify that we would still receive it by December 14th and was told it would actually be January 2nd.

At this time, the Brilliant Earth website was still advertising “order today for a Christmas proposal!” I was told that even though we’d been promised delivery by December 14th, and even though new customers could order a ring and have it by Christmas, we would not get ours until the New Year. If we would’ve been told an accurate date for delivery, we would’ve waited until after Christmas to drop it off. We went to see family out of state this weekend to celebrate our engagement and had no ring to show. This was devastating for my fiancé as this only happens once in a lifetime. Customer service has been extremely unaccommodating. Only AFTER my fiancé left a negative review online did someone reach out to us.

When we got the call, we were given the excuse that the ring wouldn’t be ready in time because we hadn’t let them know if we wanted to purchase another $500 warranty or not. This is simply false. That is not the reason as nobody had ever asked or mentioned that during our several phone calls and chats online with customer service about the delay. We were told that that’s the date production has given and there’s nothing we can do about it. After I told the woman who called that I was not spending another dime with their company, I was asked if I would remove the negative review if I was refunded the $786 I’d spent on the second setting. It is my understanding that proper customer service would require doing everything in your power to resolve the issue and make the customer happy, THEN ask if they felt the issue was resolved and would mind updating their review.

I don’t think future customers would trust this company if they knew they were offering people “resolutions” that were contingent upon review removals. How can they trust existing reviews if they knew the bad ones were being manipulated to be taken down? We are unsatisfied their idea of a “resolution” and believe that other customers should be forewarned before shopping at a company that doesn’t value them or their experience.

We would consider the issue remedied if we were refunded for our total purchase at Brilliant Earth. We mentioned this already and were told that is not going to happen due to “policies” and were asked again if we would “consider the other resolution we discussed” being Brilliant Earth refunds the additional money we had to spend on a new setting in exchange for removing a review and signing papers saying we wouldn’t leave any in the future. If the original sales person had kept proper and thorough notes on our first visit like she assured us she would, the wrong size wouldn’t have been ordered in the first place and we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Resolution response: Jan. 2, 2023

Tyra from the resolution department called me after I posted this review. She worked hard to ensure delivery by Christmas Day, but ultimately the bad weather prevented a successful end to my story. Tyra is passionate about Brilliant Earth's mission statement, and her belief in the company is quite refreshing and sweet. After one final conversation, I can say that this matter has been completely resolved. I cannot update to a 5 in good conscience, but a 4 out of 5 seems fair to me.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

I placed an order December 13th, promised delivery window December 16-21. Ten days later, and the item has still not shipped with absolutely no communication from the company. Customer service is ineffective, purely there to apologize, and nothing else. I saw on the website that on the 21st they were still promising delivery by Christmas Day so I placed another order for the same item. I received an email this morning stating a delay. Well, at least I received correspondence this time! There is no manager available to escalate and I am left without a very meaningful and important gift under my tree. I am deeply disappointed. Please do not order from Brilliant Earth if the item you are ordering has any importance to you at all.

Resolution response: Dec. 9, 2022

Customer service was able to help me resolve the issue.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

This review is based on the entirety of Brilliant Earth as a company. We purchased an engagement ring in August. The ring was the wrong size and the stones were loose. We sent the ring back to fix, which they considered an "exchange" despite the fact that it was their wrongdoing. We received the ring back, in the wrong size again. The ring looked fine so we kept it, 2 days later a side Diamond fell out. We sent the ring back for repair! When we received the ring again, still of course in the wrong size, the stones seemed loose and the prongs did not look secure, I let BE customer support know.

We were assured that the ring passed their "quality inspection" and would not be needing repair again. 1.5 months later, the side Diamond has fallen out once again. I am very familiar with jewelry, and should have known the quality is awful and cannot hold up for simply wearing the ring a few hours a day. Customer support was not helpful. They offered a "metal credit" which would give us a credit based on the metal in the jewelry, which does not make any sense. This company is a scam. Their jewelry is not quality and they do not stand by their work. I will continue escalating this issue until all former and future BE clients are aware of their faulty products and unhelpful customer service.

Brilliant Earth Company Information