3.8/5 (190 ratings)

About Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Two years ago I purchased my mom a pair of diamond earrings for Christmas and they came with a nice pair of complimentary diamond studs. The earrings were beautiful, comfortable, and had a good backing for safety. We have had no issues with the earrings and I accidentally lost one of the complimentary studs completely of my own fault. I contacted Brilliant Earth to secure a replacement and they were prompt to pick up the phone, they were kind, and very capable. I received an email resolving my question just a couple days later. They have since promptly cleared up other questions I've had with kind communication. They don't joke around about the lifetime warranty! They've secured lifelong customers from me and my family.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I bought an engagement ring 2-3 years ago. It looks great! About a month ago we discovered that one of the side little diamond stones is missing. We sent it back as instructed. On the first follow-up call, the repair cost was $200-300. On the follow-up call, our objection was accepted, and a month later, we received the ring back, shiny and fixed. It was a satisfying experience. Thank you, Brilliant Earth.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2022

My boyfriend and I visited the NYC showroom to get an idea of which Engagement ring styles we liked best. We had visited a few other brands/stores but I was so impressed by not only the extensive selection of diamonds and settings Brilliant Earth provided but also the customer service we received. Kylie asked thorough questions about what we were each looking for and put many options in front of us, she even went as far as letting me try on her own engagement ring (which was my dream ring)! We left feeling so positive that we have found a ring that we both loved!

Original review: June 10, 2022

I had the most positive experience when I visited the New York showroom with my best friend to try on rings. Shefrin was both professional and supportive and made me feel comfortable throughout the entire experience. He provided important insight from a professional standpoint while also dedicating himself to understanding my preferences. He did not make me feel guilty or rushed when I kept asking to try on more rings, and furthermore the survey you fill out before hand (which he did take the time to carefully review) guides the experience and makes conversations about budget a non-issue. Shefrin respected those boundaries and got me in a ring I love. Furthermore, by only allowing two people in the showroom at a time and having separate displays for each person, it truly makes the experience about you. Shefrin was authentically personable and I am super excited to have him on my team through this exciting stage of life.

Resolution response: Sept. 23, 2022

A representative from this company followed up to try to make this right. While I am still at a loss, I appreciate the effort. Thanks Macee.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I had this ring for 3 years, 2 of which was spent at home during the pandemic. After 3 years, the prongs failed and the center stone was lost. Brilliant Earth would only offer a credit for the price of the material, less than 10% of what we paid. We declined the credit because we would never give more money to this company. Engagement rings should last a lifetime and be designed to be worn every day. This company produces cheaply manufactured jewelry. Do not waste your time here.

Resolution response: Sept. 22, 2022

Brilliant Earth contacted and offered me a larger credit than what I originally asked for!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

(I tried to leave this exact review on Brilliant Earth's website but they don't accept bad reviews, once I updated to a "positive review" I could post my review which I didn't because I'm not going to lie.) We decided to go with brilliant earth because they had good reviews; that was a mistake. I ordered a 2.26-carat diamond oval engagement ring. It wasn't a complex ring. It should have been straightforward to make correctly. Once I opened the package, before I even opened the ring box to view the ring, I could hear a loud rattling. It turns out that the diamond was so loose in the setting it almost fell out. I don't even know how that gets past quality control; it wasn't a little wiggle. It was a massive rattle. After spending close to $9000 on a ring, I was beyond p'ed off. For a company that specializes in selling and making diamond engagement rings, this should have NEVER happened.

I called the company and told them I would like compensation for when I have to take it to a jeweler to get it fixed as the ring was delivered a week before the proposal was planned to happen. Not only was I told that they would reimburse me, but they would also be voiding my warranty if I decided to do so. What a slap in the face. I was then offered to get sent another ring to propose to my fiance with??? Who the hell thinks that's an acceptable resolution to this ridiculous problem? That was downright offensive to me that they would even offer something as ridiculous as that.

We had four other rings that we still needed to buy for the wedding and had planned to buy on brilliant earth, but because of your absolute incompetence and inability to resolve such a ridiculous issue such as this, like simply reimbursing me the $175 I had to pay to get it rush order fixed by my local jeweler you've lost out on a large volume of sales not only from me but everyone else we are telling our story to. We look forward to not doing business with you again after you handled an issue YOUR COMPANY caused so poorly. Enjoy your $175 in savings because you've now lost our business for good.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Looks like I’m going to have to cancel my proposal, because they can’t seem to keep a delivery date. Mind you I’ve been planning this proposal for about 2 months. I’ve booked hotels and restaurants. I’ve got everything planned out and arranged to be perfect. This is the only time I can propose because I’m going to start the fire academy so I want to do this before I go away for 6 months.

I bought an engagement ring from brilliant earth on the 24th of July. It said estimated delivery date was the 9th. I was set to propose on the 13th. So I figured I could deal with that. It’s close, but hey there’s a bit of wiggle room. A couple weeks later I get an email saying that they “need more time”. So the date is pushed to the 11th. I’m beginning to get nervous now but I figure, it’s still a few days out so it’ll be okay.

Next day it’s pushed again, this time without a notification. Now it’s supposed to arrive on the 12th. This is one day before my proposal. I have made over 7 calls to brilliant earth over the course of 3 days. Each person kept reassuring me that yes it will arrive on Friday. I was told that because of their “high quality standards” the ring was not ready to be sent out, but not to worry because they don’t see any reason why the ring wouldn’t be sent out.

So after being reassured that I would get this ring on the day before my trip. What do you think happens? It gets pushed to the 18th of August! The incompetence of this company is insane. No one really knows what’s going on. To get a call back from a manager takes 1-2 days. I wish I would’ve read the reviews from BBB and taken the negative ones seriously. It’s not worth it. There are way too many companies out there, or jewelers that are worthy of your money. I wish this experience on no one.

Original review: July 9, 2022

Please save yourself and family from the heartache and disappointment. Do NOT order any item of significance like an engagement or wedding ring from Brilliant Earth. I lost $2,700 as I was forced to cancel my engagement party. Brilliant Earth did not ship the engagement ring ($7,100) ordered in a timely fashion so I did not get the ring on the scheduled date. In fact, I didn’t receive the item ordered.

I ordered an engagement ring over 30 days in-advanced, Brilliant Earth took my money and assured me that the ring would be delivered in a timely fashion as I was scheduled to leave to Jamaica with my “supposed to be fiancé“ for vacation shortly after. Not only did Brilliant Earth lied, they continue to give me the “run-around” every time I called. The customer service providers would not connect me to a manager so I could discuss further. Consequently, I cancel my order and request a full refund. Again, Do NOT order any item of significance like an engagement or wedding ring from Brilliant Earth.

Original review: July 6, 2022

It was a nightmare experience. Their website is flawed, you can’t rely on the slider that shows size approx to setting size. I received my cushion that disappeared because the diamond was literally set on top of it like a sandwich. It was hideous. I sent back in two days after finally getting ahold of someone that could help me know where to return it. I tried to work with them to fix. They held onto my ring for months… finally I had enough and asked for a return they said nope been too long, even when promising I hadn’t lost my opportunity to return. I was furious.

False marketing…shady business practices, and finally I received all money back through my credit card company. Thank goodness. They try to bribe you to not write bad reviews or do ANYTHING they can to get your reviews online removed, that is why some places only have all good reviews.…more shady practice. They won’t be here for the long term if they keep this up, that’s for sure. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: June 24, 2022

I would prefer to give -0- stars. Buyer beware! Avoid Brilliant Earth at all costs. Customer service is horrible. They do not honor what they say they will do. The product they are selling falls apart and you get the run-around. They should be ashamed they treat people the way they do.

Brilliant Earth Company Information