3.8/5 (182 ratings)

About Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: June 10, 2022

I had the most positive experience when I visited the New York showroom with my best friend to try on rings. Shefrin was both professional and supportive and made me feel comfortable throughout the entire experience. He provided important insight from a professional standpoint while also dedicating himself to understanding my preferences. He did not make me feel guilty or rushed when I kept asking to try on more rings, and furthermore the survey you fill out before hand (which he did take the time to carefully review) guides the experience and makes conversations about budget a non-issue. Shefrin respected those boundaries and got me in a ring I love. Furthermore, by only allowing two people in the showroom at a time and having separate displays for each person, it truly makes the experience about you. Shefrin was authentically personable and I am super excited to have him on my team through this exciting stage of life.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I bought an engagement ring and 3 weeks later the center stone became loose. I had to ship it back to get it repaired. It took 1 week for inspection and 2 weeks to get it back. I bought a diamond with blockchain technology (can be tracked down) to promote sustainable sourcing, however I never received the report. I have contacted the company several times, and after 5 months I still don't have a copy. There were many other things that made my experience very disappointing, shipping problems, low response from customer service, etc. it really makes me question the integrity of the company. They have good advertising, that's for sure.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Spent thousands of dollars on engagement ring and wedding band. We signed a contract agreement for 18 month financing through wells Fargo (with receipts and email confirmations) and on our statements was shown 12 month financing. After speaking with Wells Fargo, they told us Brilliant Earth had to fix it by contacting them and confirming the correct terms. After speaking with brilliant earth for many weeks and being told multiple times that there was nothing they can do besides “send [us] some earrings or something”, we finally spoke to Wells Fargo again and submitted a dispute in which brilliant earth had two months to respond. We never heard from brilliant earth again.

Brilliant earth never once apologized for their mistake or the inconvenience of spending countless hours on the phone with employees who had no idea how to help or who to even talk to in order to find a solution. They did not offer to reach out to Wells Fargo or to find a solution even though they broke a contractual agreement with a client who has not only spent thousands of dollars but referred other clients who have spent just as much. It was really disheartening for a large successful company to make a huge mistake and then not do everything in their power to fix it. Beware to others that if this happened to us it could happen again. Their customer service is atrocious and their business was not equipped to handle a simple mistake in their end.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Terrible customer service. One of the small stones in my ring fell out less than a month after receiving the ring and with normal use. I sent the ring in for repairs April 7. It took over a week to complete the inspection, and then even longer to schedule a telephone call to discuss the inspection. We were told that the repair would not be covered because we had the ring resized by another jeweler. We agreed to pay to have the stone replaced and were told it would take 1-2 weeks for the repairs to be complete. It has now been two weeks since that telephone call, and we are unable to get any updates. My fiancé and I have called customer service three times and each representative assures us that someone from the repairs department will reach out with an estimate on the repair and they never do. I don’t know how to get an answer or speak to someone who knows what is going on.

Original review: April 28, 2022

April 12, 2022 I visited the SF showroom and placed the order at the time of our visit. I received a confirmation email later that day and saw my order was incorrect. (Wrong metal and wrong stone.) I called the next day to correct and was advised there was a glitch in the system and I was supposed to get a confirmation email for the changes. Two days later I called again because I didn’t get a confirmation and was told to wait another 48 hours after they put in another request for changes. The following day I tried to call the showroom and they saw all my notes and assured me my request was in the system. A week later I called again after not getting any confirmations but this time the rep told me that this whole time no one had submitted the changes correctly and there were simply notes in my file. This time they were trying to charge me more money for the correction.

I asked for a manager and contacted my original salesperson and I was told via email that because of the system error they would waive the pricing difference. That confirmation email was correct except they removed the lifetime extended warranty I had purchased. I quickly responded pointing it out and they agreed to put it back on but then I was asked to pay the balance. I had paid for the ring with warranty in full on my appointment day so I should not be paying more. I made more calls and emailed attaching my original confirmation that showed I had paid for the warranty upfront and also forwarded the email from a manager confirming that I would not be charged more for their system error.

After not hearing back, I called once again and I was told that the request to waive the balance was denied! I lost track of how many times I called and emailed to get this straightened out. I sadly had to cancel this order April 20th after losing faith in their word and experiencing terrible service. To my surprise, it has been a week since I canceled the order and I have not received my promised refund. I am now disputing the charge with my card to get my money back. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They are dishonest and do not care about their clients.

Original review: April 13, 2022

BAIT AND SWITCH!!! Beware this Brilliant Earth company posted a diamond for a good deal. After placing the order in the following weeks I made plans and reservations for a romantic proposal. A week later they called me to tell me the diamond that I selected was unavailable and offered me “comparable” diamonds that were smaller in carat size but MORE MONEY. They clearly are running scams and have completely put me in a horrible position for my proposal plans. I had to cancel the order after opening the line of credit with them. NEVER USE THEM! Blue Nile or true jewelers only.

Original review: April 7, 2022

My fiancé purchased my engagement ring from Brilliant Earth. Within a week of wearing it 3 of the smaller side diamonds came out. I’ve now have it for a year and a half and almost all the diamonds have fallen out.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Made a purchase on Feb 3rd for a pair of Diamond earrings for a total of $2.7K. Got contacted on the 16th, stating the Diamond was “lost” in transit. I asked for an equivalent pair, but was told the price is 30% more. When I first made my purchase on the 3rd, there were a good amount of similar diamonds for around the same price or slight higher or lower. But now, everything is 30% higher on their website, so are you telling me, within the past 10 days, all those Diamond are sold out? do you really believe the Diamond is “lost” in transit? Well I don’t.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

A white gold and diamond engagement ring was purchased through Brilliant Earth, after only 4 days of wear the band ended up with a hole in it! We contacted Brilliant Earth and they asked us to send it back for an assessment. After 2 weeks we were finally able to schedule a phone meeting where we were advised that "their team has conducted the investigation and determined it is wear and tear." Are you kidding me?? Your product is so poorly made that it breaks down after 4 days of use?! They refused to replace it and have essentially said it's not their problem! Stay away, far away!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Stay well away from this company!! The stress myself and my fiance have endured from this company the last few weeks has been extreme. We were ensured our ring would be ready by our wedding date (29th of Jan) only been told today (20th Jan) that it will not be ready and therefore we have no ring for our wedding day. We have been constantly trying to contact Brilliant Earth to ask for updates on the order and each time you call up the person you speak to has no idea what is happening or has a different excuse each time (and that's if you can even get through to someone).

They promise someone will call you back and then no one ever does. They have stuffed up every step of the way - initially making in white gold instead of platinum, then invoicing us the wrong amount, the list goes on. It has been a very stressful and traumatic experience dealing with Brilliant Earth. We feel we have been constantly lied to. An extremely incompetent, unethical company that clearly has no idea about customer service and we would recommend everyone to stay far far away from this company.

Brilliant Earth Company Information