3.8/5 (186 ratings)

About Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Resolution response: Nov. 12, 2020

After some back and forth and visiting the showroom, they acknowledged that they gave us the wrong ring and it split on the resizing fracture line. They are letting us pay the difference to upgrade the ring to platinum in the style that we originally ordered. It took a while, but happy they finally came around to provide good customer service.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

We ordered my husband's band online using the ring size. The ring delivered was the wrong size (not what we ordered), however since it was so close to our ceremony, we used the ring for the ceremony and then took it in to the BE showroom to get it sized by BE. When we received the ring after the resizing at BE it was still wrong, so we sent it in to be resized it again (2nd time). The ring that was sent back to us was NOT THE SAME RING. The ring we ordered was the 18K White Gold 6mm Mojave Wedding. The ring we have now in our posession is the 18K White Gold 6mm Matte Mojave Wedding, which is not what we ordered or what my husband wants (the finish gets scratched easily)... also upset that the ring we have is not the same ring we used in our ceremony for symbolic reasons.

On top of that, he's only worn the ring for 1 month and the ring BROKE!! Literally just snapped randomly. He's a student so he studies all day, takes it off for showers, there is no way this is from normal wear and tear after 1 month. I've discussed this with BE customer service but they refuse to believe that it's possible they sent the wrong ring back to us, even though I've sent photos to prove what ring we had at our ceremony vs. the ring we have now. All we want is our original ring back, or at least a replacement to get what we ordered.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Super easy to find matching wedding and engagement rings on their website. The selection and quality are fantastic. Very detailed images and videos of all their products are of the highest quality. I will recommend to friends!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Great options and great customer service. I called with a couple of question and the lady that answered the phone answered all my questions to the fullest. Super friendly as well as polite! Great job!

Resolution response: Sept. 16, 2020

Rueben reached out to me and is more than happy to work with us. This was all I ever asked for and I'm happy we got our issues resolved.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I cannot express my disappointment enough. I am actually very sad to have to write this review, as I believe my overall ring is beautiful, and BE has a great inventory. However, their customer service and policies are awful. My fiance received my ring on August 19th, so our 30 day returns would end on September 16th. This was confirmed to us by the customer service agent we spoke to several times. With that being said, there is some windowing issues with my stone, which is why we wanted to return in the first place. At this time, we were very pleased with Brilliant Earth, so we simply wanted to exchange the diamond for a new one. We emailed customer service, and were emailed back by one of their jewelry consultants. This is when the experience starts trending down.

First of all, she told us that the dead spot I was seeing was due to inclusions, even though my ring is VS1 and I can very clearly see that the issue is with the cut. Second, I asked for pictures of other diamonds, and the consultant told us this would take a few days, but she would be happy to request them. Great. This would have been fine, however, after waiting 3 days, I was sent a screenshot straight from their website. Why did it take 3 days to send a picture I already had access to? Not to mention, this was 3 days that were wasted in our "30" day countdown. I say "30" in quotations, because you simply do not have 30 days at all.

As stated earlier, I was told the last day to return my ring was the 16th, and have proof via email. I called yesterday, the 15th, to start the return process, as we had NO luck being helped to find a diamond to exchange, and we were absolutely blindsided. Their customer service told us that we actually only had until the 9th to START the return process, because they need the ring in their possession by the 16th, so there was actually nothing we can do.

This especially makes me angry because we were in contact with our consultant on the 9th and NOTHING was mentioned about that being our last day to return, and at this time, she was still emailing us about diamonds in their inventory and waiting for photos we requested to be sent. Why would you still be helping us find a diamond to exchange if it was too late at this point? Why not give us a heads up that the pictures she requests will not be sent in time for us to exchange, so maybe we should just return?

Back to the phone call, I was told that the "possession" rule was explicitly stated in their policy, but it simply is not, and I do not appreciate being made to feel stupid. "If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it within 30 days for an exchange or full refund." At any other company, returning within 30 days means you can start the return process on the 30th day. Furthermore, if it was stated ANYWHERE that the ring had to be in their possession by the 16th, we would have returned it weeks ago, but me and my fiance are both in college. I am in pharmacy school, so I trusted that I would not have to take time out of my busy week to return the ring, and could do so when it was convenient to me. Sadly, this was not the case, and now I am stuck with a ring that I am not 100% pleased with from a company I will never trust again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

In July 2020, I purchased a ring from them to propose to my girlfriend. After the successful proposal (YAY!), my fiance began having rashes and allergy issues. Come to find out, she is allergic to the nickel that is in the ring which is news to us. We had about 6 days left within our return window, so we reached out to BE's customer support.

Here's where it gets very interesting. It was a Monday -- my 30-day return window expires the following Sunday. The customer support individual says they can get me a return label processed but it may take up to 24-48 hours for me to get the return label. Then, as soon as I get the label, I can ship the ring back to them. If it arrives after Sunday (despite being shipped with their label back to them within my 30 day return window), they cannot guarantee to process the return. They did say they would have to get manager approval to approve the return if that is the case, but are you really serious??

First of all, if it takes you 24-48 hours to get me a return label, that is not my problem and should not eat away and penalize me in terms of my return window. Secondly, if I mail it and the postal service takes longer to deliver it and it isn't there on Sunday due to no fault of my own, that's apparently MY fault and will potentially cost me the return?

Why can't they just guarantee the return window if I mail it off within my 30 day window back to them? Why is that so hard? Either way, this rubbed us the complete wrong way so instead of trying to do an exchange, we just told them to process a full refund. I got my money back after about 3 weeks, thank God. I would stay away from them. Buy from a mom and pop store instead, it isn't worth the headache.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I love supporting local and especially when they give back to local charities and have ethical diamonds. I felt good about spending so much and supporting an American brand. Keep up the good work Brilliant Earth!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Always a pleasure walking into this store. Whether being greeted by the manager or the staff, we are always welcomed with a big smile and they are eager to help you. I’ve shopped here on more than one occasion and have always been happy with the service and my purchases.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I just received my fianceé’s ring in the mail and it is just as stunning as I can remember from the website. It arrived ahead of the expected delivery date and the box even has a nice light on the inside to really make the ring shine when she first opens it. I called them when I was making the order because I really wasn’t sure on sizing, and they reassured me I wouldn’t have any issues having it resized should need be. Great service and really nice quality.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I recently bought my sister a bracelet for her wedding day because she wanted something very special and rose gold which is generally hard to find. I stumbled across Brilliant Earths website and found that they had a lot of very special pieces similar to what I was looking for. Being an older man, I have no idea what is trendy, so I had to call in for some additional advice. The agent was very kind and knowledgeable. She helped me narrow down my search and found the perfect item. She didn’t try to upsell me or have be pick the most expensive item either. Overall very pleased with their service and products.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

My girlfriend kept mentioning how she wanted a “Princess Cut” ring... I had no idea what that was. Thankfully, Brilliant Earth offers a customize your own ring option and I was able to choose the perfect ring — and cut, very easily! Thanks for helping me out.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I’ve been shopping at Brilliant Earth for years and have bought many gifts for my wife and also for my mother and mother-in-law. I can always find what I’m looking for and the service is just amazing. It’s a big hit with me for sure.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Sent in an item for repair and it was all handled super quickly. I will definitely be going to their website the next time I’m shopping for a gift for my wife. I loved my experience with Brilliant Earth.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I had an absolutely terrific experience shopping with Brilliant Earth. They have an impressive selection and I found it relatively easy to find a ring that I liked from their wide selections. Very satisfied!

Original review: July 26, 2020

I had issues previously regarding the loose center stone due to defective prongs on my engagement ring. I had only had my ring a few months at this time so this was VERY concerning. We had a very negative experience with Brilliant Earth at that time, but ultimately the prongs were repaired. Fast forward 2 years and there is no loose prong, no warning sign that the defective prongs are having issues again. I just look down and the stone in my engagement ring is completely gone!

It was there an hour ago. We contacted Brilliant Earth regarding the prong issue... again, and missing stone now and we were told too bad, it's our problem and we had to pay full price for a new stone. BUT not only that, we have to PAY $50 per prong to have them repaired. WHAT?! Your craftsmanship is the worst I have ever seen in jewelry and you want to charge the customer to repair your defective product? Unreal! I sit at a desk on a computer 10+ hours a day. I do not build houses, I do not repair vehicles or work with my hands or use abrasive materials in any way. I literally type.. all day.

My husband feels terrible that he purchased my ring here. We have had so many problems with quality and customer service rudeness and he feels like it's his fault for picking this jeweler. I told him I will cherish this ring forever because he picked it out, regardless of the terrible company that created it. So we have decided to take my ring to a more reputable local jeweler that backs their craftsmanship and treats customers with respect. This will void the "warranty" but what warranty? Their warranty is garbage and covers NOTHING. They sell low quality jewelry at an inflated price and give you the middle finger when you have problems with it.

This other jeweler will replace the stone, have the prongs either reinforced or a whole new basket installed that's of good quality. 2 major strikes against Brilliant Earth with us in 2 years. We are done. Brilliant Earth will never receive another dime from us, not even to repair their defective jewelry that I will spend the rest of my life wearing.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I purchased a really nice necklace for my mother’s 60th birthday from Brilliant Earth. Finding what I was looking for was real easy. She was so impressed and so happy. So glad I saw the advertisement on Instagram!

Original review: July 9, 2020

I shopped around for a while to have a gemstone put into a custom-designed ring. The staff at Brilliant Earth were very friendly and professional, working with me to create exactly the ring I had in mind. Their pricing was also the best that I came across and I'm very happy with the end result. I highly recommend checking them out.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Was very happily surprised with the amount of options for wedding bands for men. Haven’t seen that anywhere else. Finding what we wanted was a breeze! I've told all my friends about Brilliant Earth! Thanks!

Original review: June 27, 2020

Brilliant Earth’s gift guide was super helpful in helping me select a graduation gift for my daughter! With the current pandemic, I wanted to get something special for her, and I found it!! Thank you!

Original review: June 26, 2020

Fantastic service offered by the team at Brilliant Earth. They made it soo easy to find exactly what I was looking for. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for assistance when selecting a custom piece!

Original review: June 24, 2020

My wife and I ordered our wedding bands and were very happy with how they turned out. It can be tricky buying such an important purchase online, but with this pandemic going on, it’s not easy to get to a great jewelry store. Their site offered exactly what we had been looking for and they offered convenient options for shipping that suited our needs. The rings arrived on time and were really nicely packaged. We will absolutely shop with them again.

Original review: June 22, 2020

My friend referred me to Brilliant Earth when looking for my fiances engagement ring. The overall experience was exactly what I was looking for. Brilliant Earth’s staff was extremely friendly and so so helpful. Thanks to the whole team for making this so easy for me.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I bought three items in one order. Now they say I'm only allowed to return one item, not all three. This contradicts their own written return policy. Very disappointing. Customer support staff could not explain why they don't follow their own written policy.

Original review: June 10, 2020

My new obsession is rose gold jewelry. I had been looking for the perfect simple, yet elegant rose gold band but I was having a really hard finding what I wanted at my usual go to jewelry stores so I decided to look online. I came across Brilliant Earth’s website and I was so surprised to find so many rose gold options!!! I decided to treat myself and got the band I was dreaming of! I couldn’t be happier!!!

Original review: June 10, 2020

My youngest daughter is graduating from high school this year and it breaks my heart to see how upset she is to not be able to have a proper graduation ceremony due to COVID-19. I wanted to do something for her to make her feel special so I went shopping online for a beautiful piece of jewelry that she can have forever and look back on to remember this accomplishment. I was so pleased to see how many options were available and for great prices! I ended up going with a lovely necklace that has her birthstone, thank you Brilliant Earth for making my not-so-baby baby girl so happy!

Original review: June 9, 2020

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 6 years now and as you can imagine, I’ve been sending him screenshots of different “dream rings” for years now as a not-so-subtle hint. Last month, to my amazement he finally said, why don’t you design the ring you want? I got my laptop right away and searched for a company that would allow me to customize my engagement ring and I fell upon Brilliant Earth’s “Create your own Engagement Ring” page! In three simple steps I was able to create exactly what I wanted!!! Thank you Brilliant Earth, I couldn’t be happier!!!

Original review: June 9, 2020

With my 30th wedding anniversary coming up, I wasn’t sure what I could get my beautiful wife to show her how lucky I feel to have her, so I hit the web. My first instinct was of course, a nice piece of jewelry but I wanted it to be special. I assumed this wouldn’t be easy due to all stores being closed because of COVID-19. I was happy to see the Brilliant Earth offers virtual appointments during these crazy times!! I booked my 50 min Zoom call right away so I could get to speak to a consultant and have them help me out a little. This experience was just amazing to me!!! I was able to tell the consultant a little bit about my wife and was even able to show them some of her favorite pieces of jewelry from home so we could find piece that would suit her style!! Thank you Brilliant Earth for making times like this a little easier!!! I highly recommend them!

Original review: June 8, 2020

Already a little on edge due to our new life in quarantine, my wife came screaming into the bedroom today explaining that while she was doing some Spring cleaning, she had knocked her ring on our kitchen counter top. Right away I looked through my phone to find the customer experience number I had called back when first shopping for her ring with Brilliant Earth and knew I would be able to speak to agent right away. They advised me on their repair policies and what steps we needed to follow and I instantly felt better. Thank you Brilliant Earth for allowing me to walk back into the other room feeling like Superman to ensure her this would be an easy fix!

Original review: June 8, 2020

When looking for ideas for my wedding band, I quickly realized that men are limited to certain options and they all kind of looked pretty standard. I wanted something a little more unique to suit my style. My now sister-in-law suggested I check out Brilliant Earth’s website and boy am I happy she did! I couldn’t believe the amount of options !! So happy with my wedding band, it’s timeless yet cool and hip!

Original review: June 7, 2020

Highly recommend Brilliant Earth! My favorite place to find gifts of exceptional quality with a great price range. I started buying with Brilliant Earth when I first started dating my wife over 6 years ago and bought her a bracelet. The bracelet still looks like new today! We've bought countless pieces since then and we've always been very pleased with our experiences and the final products. Great quality and great customer service.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Brilliant Earth has the most knowledgeable and patient sales associates than any where else I've shopped before. Definitely make an appointment with someone on their team to be sure you get the very best experience ever. Have an idea of what you're looking for and a price point in advance to make the experience smoother, but even if you don't know what you want at all, they'll be able to help you for sure. They know their products inside and out and can really think of out of the box ideas and help design your own thing. Their service is unlike anywhere else I've shopped before.

Brilliant Earth Company Information