3.8/5 (191 ratings)

About Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: June 13, 2020

I bought three items in one order. Now they say I'm only allowed to return one item, not all three. This contradicts their own written return policy. Very disappointing. Customer support staff could not explain why they don't follow their own written policy.

Original review: June 10, 2020

My new obsession is rose gold jewelry. I had been looking for the perfect simple, yet elegant rose gold band but I was having a really hard finding what I wanted at my usual go to jewelry stores so I decided to look online. I came across Brilliant Earth’s website and I was so surprised to find so many rose gold options!!! I decided to treat myself and got the band I was dreaming of! I couldn’t be happier!!!

Original review: June 10, 2020

My youngest daughter is graduating from high school this year and it breaks my heart to see how upset she is to not be able to have a proper graduation ceremony due to COVID-19. I wanted to do something for her to make her feel special so I went shopping online for a beautiful piece of jewelry that she can have forever and look back on to remember this accomplishment. I was so pleased to see how many options were available and for great prices! I ended up going with a lovely necklace that has her birthstone, thank you Brilliant Earth for making my not-so-baby baby girl so happy!

Original review: June 9, 2020

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 6 years now and as you can imagine, I’ve been sending him screenshots of different “dream rings” for years now as a not-so-subtle hint. Last month, to my amazement he finally said, why don’t you design the ring you want? I got my laptop right away and searched for a company that would allow me to customize my engagement ring and I fell upon Brilliant Earth’s “Create your own Engagement Ring” page! In three simple steps I was able to create exactly what I wanted!!! Thank you Brilliant Earth, I couldn’t be happier!!!

Original review: June 9, 2020

With my 30th wedding anniversary coming up, I wasn’t sure what I could get my beautiful wife to show her how lucky I feel to have her, so I hit the web. My first instinct was of course, a nice piece of jewelry but I wanted it to be special. I assumed this wouldn’t be easy due to all stores being closed because of COVID-19. I was happy to see the Brilliant Earth offers virtual appointments during these crazy times!! I booked my 50 min Zoom call right away so I could get to speak to a consultant and have them help me out a little. This experience was just amazing to me!!! I was able to tell the consultant a little bit about my wife and was even able to show them some of her favorite pieces of jewelry from home so we could find piece that would suit her style!! Thank you Brilliant Earth for making times like this a little easier!!! I highly recommend them!

Original review: June 8, 2020

Already a little on edge due to our new life in quarantine, my wife came screaming into the bedroom today explaining that while she was doing some Spring cleaning, she had knocked her ring on our kitchen counter top. Right away I looked through my phone to find the customer experience number I had called back when first shopping for her ring with Brilliant Earth and knew I would be able to speak to agent right away. They advised me on their repair policies and what steps we needed to follow and I instantly felt better. Thank you Brilliant Earth for allowing me to walk back into the other room feeling like Superman to ensure her this would be an easy fix!

Original review: June 8, 2020

When looking for ideas for my wedding band, I quickly realized that men are limited to certain options and they all kind of looked pretty standard. I wanted something a little more unique to suit my style. My now sister-in-law suggested I check out Brilliant Earth’s website and boy am I happy she did! I couldn’t believe the amount of options !! So happy with my wedding band, it’s timeless yet cool and hip!

Original review: June 7, 2020

Highly recommend Brilliant Earth! My favorite place to find gifts of exceptional quality with a great price range. I started buying with Brilliant Earth when I first started dating my wife over 6 years ago and bought her a bracelet. The bracelet still looks like new today! We've bought countless pieces since then and we've always been very pleased with our experiences and the final products. Great quality and great customer service.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Brilliant Earth has the most knowledgeable and patient sales associates than any where else I've shopped before. Definitely make an appointment with someone on their team to be sure you get the very best experience ever. Have an idea of what you're looking for and a price point in advance to make the experience smoother, but even if you don't know what you want at all, they'll be able to help you for sure. They know their products inside and out and can really think of out of the box ideas and help design your own thing. Their service is unlike anywhere else I've shopped before.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Where do I even start? The service, products and quality at Brilliant Earth are the best in the game. They truly understand the importance to be the best because these days customers can spend their money just about anywhere. A quick google search can find you exactly what you're looking for, but the difference here is the service. When you're making an expensive purchase, you want to make sure that if something goes wrong you can contact the retailer and they'll have your back. Brilliant Earth gets it. They understand that the lifetime value of a customer is so much more important than just one little purchase.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I'm usually not the type of person to take time to type up a review, but Brilliant Earth's service and products are just so amazing I knew I had to come online to share. From beginning to end, the team at Brilliant Earth make you feel like you're the most important customer to them. They care about your story and want to truly understand what you're looking for. They care. I never felt like they were trying to upsell me or anything. I told them my budget (which was a little modest) and they helped me to build the most beautiful engagement ring for my fiance. My experience was so exceptional that my now fiance and I will be going back to see them for our wedding bands too. Just excellent customer service.

Original review: June 5, 2020

They have the best jewelers here that can really help you design just about anything. I bought my fiance's engagement ring here and we also had our wedding bands designed with their help. All the rings came out even better than I could have ever dreamed of or imagined. I recently used their online service for the first time due to Covid, and honestly their call center was super helpful and the delivery came earlier than I was expecting it to. Very happy with this business and their stellar service and great quality items.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I just bought from Brilliant Earth for the first time online a few weeks back and it definitely won't be my last time. I was nervous when I purchased because you never know what to expect when it's your first time purchasing, but they did not disappoint. From the delivery and processing times, to the beautiful packaging and the overall quality of the pieces, Brilliant Earth just really stands out in their industry.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I had my wife a custom made new wedding set here for our anniversary. They were really nice and helped me pick the perfect ring for my wife. She loves it so much. All the jewelry I've bought is from here. It's just a great company and they really support ethically sourced diamonds and give back to their local communities which we appreciate. They are always very nice and go above and beyond.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I have always gotten the best service at Brilliant Earth which leads me back time and time again. I never feel like they are just showing me something to make a sale but actually listen to what I'm saying and what I'm looking for. The sales associates are really excellent at knowing their catalogs and what they're able to do for their clients. Also, their cleaning services are wonderful and my rings come back looking brand new every time.

Original review: May 31, 2020

I recently purchased a pair of diamond earrings from Brilliant Earth's website from a friend's referral. I was hesitant buying jewelry online, but due to the pandemic, I didn't really have a choice to go to any physical store front locations. The delivery arrived ahead of schedule and I was very happy with the earrings. They shine so nicely and were exactly as advertised and photographed. Very happy with my purchase with them.

Original review: May 29, 2020

My fiance bought an engagement ring with Brilliant Earth. The ring was beautiful but I wanted to upgrade the diamond (from .3 ct to 1 ct), since they have a lifetime diamond upgrade policy. When I contacted them they informed me that I could only increase the diamond carat size by .02 carats due to the setting. Nowhere on their site, the diamond upgrade policy page, or the page for the ring setting I chose, was this mentioned. And since I was 5 days past the return/exchange time period, there was nothing else they could do for me. My only option was to repurchase the $1200 setting in order to be able to receive a credit for the original diamond and purchase a bigger one.

I was told that I could upgrade to a lab diamond as long as it was 50% more than the original natural diamond. Fantastic. Well now they're rescinding that and saying they can't do that EVEN THOUGH I HAVE THE EMAIL FROM THEM STATING THAT I CAN . I'm completely blown away they won't honor what they themselves said they could do and that I have in writing. I'm being told that now I have to pay a several hundred dollar restocking fee if I want to upgrade. Like other reviewers have said, once you purchase the ring and they have the control, they do not care about their customers at all.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Excellent service from Brilliant Earth! I came across their website on my desperate search to find an engagement ring for a surprise proposal. Obviously with the corona virus going on I didn't want to spend time going to endless stores for nothing. I came across their website and immediately found what I was looking for. They had different cut and quality ranges of stones and I found their site very easy to navigate. After making my decision, I chose to call their call centre to have some extra reassurance that my purchase would arrive on time. The agent went above and beyond and they found a customer for life in me. Really wowed by their customer service and their product.

Original review: May 19, 2020

My wife and I bought our wedding bands from Brilliant Earth right before Covid hit. We were so worried that because some shops and stores were closing during the pandemic that our rings would be delayed and although we were no longer having our big wedding as planned, we decided to still get married in a very small ceremony in our backyard so we definitely still needed our rings. When we called in, the representative was just the sweetest! She didn't merely confirm our order and answer our questions, she congratulated us on our upcoming nuptials and was really friendly and personable. Wonder service both at the time of purchase and after purchase. Will definitely refer friends and family to their business.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I bought my mother her mother's day gift from Brilliant Earth's website and the earrings arrived even more beautiful than I could remember from the website images. She was blown away with them when I gave them to her. I had never used their website before, however a friend of mine swore by their products and service and my first shopping experience with them did not disappoint.

Original review: May 9, 2020

It's pretty hard to shop for an engagement ring in the middle of a pandemic, but my cousin said she recently bought some pieces from Brilliant Earth and that I should check them out. Their site made it very easy to browse and read up about the different cuts and what to look for in a good quality diamond. I was able to compare and think about a couple before narrowing down my search with the help of one of their specialists at the call centre. She even went above and beyond by giving me a better idea of when I was going to receive my order. The service was excellent and the ring arrived and looked even better than I remember when I selected it online. Very happy with my experience!

Original review: April 20, 2020

This is a great website and you can find moissanite here at the highest of quality! I'm thankful places like this exist. Especially given the price of normal diamonds. Y'all have a great day and thank you.

Original review: April 16, 2020

FYI this has happened to MANY customers.... This isn't just one person unhappy with the service, they are truly unethical, disrespectful, and do not care about their customers after they purchase a ring... I would give this negative stars if I could. To keep it short sweet and simple, their showrooms are great, and make you feel like you're making a great purchase. Once you need a repair (and you will because their rings are cheap, my band broke and 2 diamonds fell out in less than a year), that is when you will be dealing with THE MOST UNETHICAL COMPANY I have ever experienced.

They ended up refusing to repair my ring because they felt "attacked" by my HONEST reviews. They consistently wanted us to sign an NDA and when we refused and told them to repair with our insurance, they refused to repair our ring... The only way they would repair our ring was if we took down all of our reviews and signed the NDA... So basically, they make cheap rings, have the worst customer service, and refuse services for people who post honest reviews about their experience towards multiple platforms.

They have so many people that are unhappy that they have to hire an escalation manager to try to "solve" the problems. He doesn't solve anything... He just apologizes and does not relay to the repair or marketing team that the customer is rightfully distressed and unhappy with this entire process...and when the customer finally backs down and says "fine use our insurance and fix the ring, we will continue to leave our reviews".... They decide that the best option is to REFUSE SERVICES TO FIX THE RING....unless we sign an NDA.... What they don't realize is when you've put someone through distress for 3 months and then ultimately tell the customer that they're refusing services because they felt "attacked" when REALLY it seems that ultimately they just want us to sign the NDA...that's sketchy.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was browsing their collection online and decided it would be worth my while to drive a little further out of my way to visit their store location. Their onside collection was simply amazing. The sales person took her time to explain the different cuts and qualities and she seemed to really love what she did! She wasn’t pushy at all and took her time showing me everything even though she knew I wasn’t in the market for those items, she simply loved their beauty and wanted to share with me. I’m glad she did! Ultimately, my visit to their location gave me the brand reputation I was looking for to pull the trigger with my desired item online.

I wish I could share the commission with her, but when I was in store, I still wasn’t ready to make the purchase. After some more local browsing and pondering I ended up finalizing my purchase on their website. My delivery came quicker than expected and I’m very happy with the overall experience and selection offered by their location. You have gained a lifetime customer!

Original review: March 27, 2020

I recently visited the Boston location with my fiancée to select and order our wedding bands. He had been to this location when he bought my engagement ring and sore by the service. Since being engaged, I can also vouch for the quality and we’re so very happy with both the quality and service we received on site that we wanted to take the time to sit down and send in my review. The service both he received and then we both received upon our 2nd visit was simply wonderful. We were well cared for and the salesperson was patient and kind. Our rings arrived before the day she expected them to and they were just beautiful. I would strongly suggest this location to anyone looking for the best quality and service available.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Finding a good jeweler is hard enough as is, but finding one that you entrust on working on a family heirloom is definitely worth coming online to share a review for. My mother’s necklace had been passed down to me and there was a beautiful gem in the middle that had come loose and fallen over time. I had put it away in my jewelry box and completely forgotten about getting it fix.

I finally decided to do some research alone to try and find a reputable jeweler to entrust with such an important piece. Also, I should mention the stone was a specific shape and texture. The help I received at Brilliant was above and beyond anything I could imagine. The staff were attentive and patient in helping me select the proper replacement piece and also in assuring me that my necklace was in the proper hands and would be handled with the utmost care. I received it back within their advised delays and the work they did was nothing short of amazing. I’m thrilled with the work and service they provided. They exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I got engaged on December 25th, 2019. It’s Mar 6, 2020 and I still don’t have a wearable ring. Jan 7, 2020 sent the ring back for sizing. We ordered a 7.5 but 3 local jewelers show me it’s a 7.25, BE insists it’s a 7.5. I need a true 7.75. I mention to BE that I have a crooked prong that’s catching, they have me send it in to the repair department. After the 10 days of “analyzing” they say, "Oh I’m so sorry your original order didn’t go through QC . (WTF??) We will fix this right up in 2-3 weeks." Fast forward those weeks. We get a call, "Your setting is totally bad. We have to scrap it and start over (double WTF??), 2 more weeks." Finally the week comes. I’m getting my ring back yay! Oh another day delay.

Finally get tracking for my Saturday delivery, of course they sent it to my office when I explicitly gave them my home address for the shipment. I guess me and my fiancé will spend our Saturday driving 22 miles from our house to pick it up at a Fedex hub. I finally have my ring (even though it’s a little too big now, a true 8)! Whatever I don’t care, I LOVE it. 6 days later I am doing laundry and hit it, stone becomes totally loose. I’m devastated. I take it into my local jeweler, and they say, "We’re not surprised, these prongs are so thin they look like this ring is 10-15 years old." This setting was not built to last or house that diamond. BE refuses any refund (only asking for the $690 for the setting) until they get the whole ring back. Given the length of the previous process and lack of workmanship we will not be sending anything back and we will be moving forward empty handed (pun intended). God I hope this diamond is at least real.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I made my purchase at the Brilliant Earth location in Boston and have no regrets! I made an appointment because my fiancé and I were shopping for our wedding bands and wanted to make sure we received the best care possible- since it’s a pricey purchase. The location was extremely clean and welcoming and the staff as well. Everyone was nice and although we had an appointment with one associate, others chimed in our discussion and made the experience that much better. We received our order exactly when they promised that we would and we couldn’t be happier with the final product. Thanks for your help and our beautiful wedding bands. We’ll cherish them forever!

Original review: March 3, 2020

I had an issue with a recent purchase and the staff was welcoming and accommodating. They were able to sent my ring out for repair and I am very satisfied with the service I received both when I made the initial purchase and when I had to return for assistance with the repair.

Original review: March 2, 2020

I don’t usually write reviews but the service I received went above and beyond. The sales staff was extremely attentive, knowledgeable and patient while I made my selection. I valued their knowledge and opinion, it was extremely helpful while making my purchase. Kudos to Brilliant Earth on providing conflict free diamonds!

Brilliant Earth Company Information