3.8/5 (181 ratings)

About Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: June 1, 2020

I have always gotten the best service at Brilliant Earth which leads me back time and time again. I never feel like they are just showing me something to make a sale but actually listen to what I'm saying and what I'm looking for. The sales associates are really excellent at knowing their catalogs and what they're able to do for their clients. Also, their cleaning services are wonderful and my rings come back looking brand new every time.

Original review: May 31, 2020

I recently purchased a pair of diamond earrings from Brilliant Earth's website from a friend's referral. I was hesitant buying jewelry online, but due to the pandemic, I didn't really have a choice to go to any physical store front locations. The delivery arrived ahead of schedule and I was very happy with the earrings. They shine so nicely and were exactly as advertised and photographed. Very happy with my purchase with them.

Original review: May 29, 2020

My fiance bought an engagement ring with Brilliant Earth. The ring was beautiful but I wanted to upgrade the diamond (from .3 ct to 1 ct), since they have a lifetime diamond upgrade policy. When I contacted them they informed me that I could only increase the diamond carat size by .02 carats due to the setting. Nowhere on their site, the diamond upgrade policy page, or the page for the ring setting I chose, was this mentioned. And since I was 5 days past the return/exchange time period, there was nothing else they could do for me. My only option was to repurchase the $1200 setting in order to be able to receive a credit for the original diamond and purchase a bigger one.

I was told that I could upgrade to a lab diamond as long as it was 50% more than the original natural diamond. Fantastic. Well now they're rescinding that and saying they can't do that EVEN THOUGH I HAVE THE EMAIL FROM THEM STATING THAT I CAN . I'm completely blown away they won't honor what they themselves said they could do and that I have in writing. I'm being told that now I have to pay a several hundred dollar restocking fee if I want to upgrade. Like other reviewers have said, once you purchase the ring and they have the control, they do not care about their customers at all.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Excellent service from Brilliant Earth! I came across their website on my desperate search to find an engagement ring for a surprise proposal. Obviously with the corona virus going on I didn't want to spend time going to endless stores for nothing. I came across their website and immediately found what I was looking for. They had different cut and quality ranges of stones and I found their site very easy to navigate. After making my decision, I chose to call their call centre to have some extra reassurance that my purchase would arrive on time. The agent went above and beyond and they found a customer for life in me. Really wowed by their customer service and their product.

Original review: May 19, 2020

My wife and I bought our wedding bands from Brilliant Earth right before Covid hit. We were so worried that because some shops and stores were closing during the pandemic that our rings would be delayed and although we were no longer having our big wedding as planned, we decided to still get married in a very small ceremony in our backyard so we definitely still needed our rings. When we called in, the representative was just the sweetest! She didn't merely confirm our order and answer our questions, she congratulated us on our upcoming nuptials and was really friendly and personable. Wonder service both at the time of purchase and after purchase. Will definitely refer friends and family to their business.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I bought my mother her mother's day gift from Brilliant Earth's website and the earrings arrived even more beautiful than I could remember from the website images. She was blown away with them when I gave them to her. I had never used their website before, however a friend of mine swore by their products and service and my first shopping experience with them did not disappoint.

Original review: May 9, 2020

It's pretty hard to shop for an engagement ring in the middle of a pandemic, but my cousin said she recently bought some pieces from Brilliant Earth and that I should check them out. Their site made it very easy to browse and read up about the different cuts and what to look for in a good quality diamond. I was able to compare and think about a couple before narrowing down my search with the help of one of their specialists at the call centre. She even went above and beyond by giving me a better idea of when I was going to receive my order. The service was excellent and the ring arrived and looked even better than I remember when I selected it online. Very happy with my experience!

Original review: April 20, 2020

This is a great website and you can find moissanite here at the highest of quality! I'm thankful places like this exist. Especially given the price of normal diamonds. Y'all have a great day and thank you.

Original review: April 16, 2020

FYI this has happened to MANY customers.... This isn't just one person unhappy with the service, they are truly unethical, disrespectful, and do not care about their customers after they purchase a ring... I would give this negative stars if I could. To keep it short sweet and simple, their showrooms are great, and make you feel like you're making a great purchase. Once you need a repair (and you will because their rings are cheap, my band broke and 2 diamonds fell out in less than a year), that is when you will be dealing with THE MOST UNETHICAL COMPANY I have ever experienced.

They ended up refusing to repair my ring because they felt "attacked" by my HONEST reviews. They consistently wanted us to sign an NDA and when we refused and told them to repair with our insurance, they refused to repair our ring... The only way they would repair our ring was if we took down all of our reviews and signed the NDA... So basically, they make cheap rings, have the worst customer service, and refuse services for people who post honest reviews about their experience towards multiple platforms.

They have so many people that are unhappy that they have to hire an escalation manager to try to "solve" the problems. He doesn't solve anything... He just apologizes and does not relay to the repair or marketing team that the customer is rightfully distressed and unhappy with this entire process...and when the customer finally backs down and says "fine use our insurance and fix the ring, we will continue to leave our reviews".... They decide that the best option is to REFUSE SERVICES TO FIX THE RING....unless we sign an NDA.... What they don't realize is when you've put someone through distress for 3 months and then ultimately tell the customer that they're refusing services because they felt "attacked" when REALLY it seems that ultimately they just want us to sign the NDA...that's sketchy.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was browsing their collection online and decided it would be worth my while to drive a little further out of my way to visit their store location. Their onside collection was simply amazing. The sales person took her time to explain the different cuts and qualities and she seemed to really love what she did! She wasn’t pushy at all and took her time showing me everything even though she knew I wasn’t in the market for those items, she simply loved their beauty and wanted to share with me. I’m glad she did! Ultimately, my visit to their location gave me the brand reputation I was looking for to pull the trigger with my desired item online.

I wish I could share the commission with her, but when I was in store, I still wasn’t ready to make the purchase. After some more local browsing and pondering I ended up finalizing my purchase on their website. My delivery came quicker than expected and I’m very happy with the overall experience and selection offered by their location. You have gained a lifetime customer!

Original review: March 27, 2020

I recently visited the Boston location with my fiancée to select and order our wedding bands. He had been to this location when he bought my engagement ring and sore by the service. Since being engaged, I can also vouch for the quality and we’re so very happy with both the quality and service we received on site that we wanted to take the time to sit down and send in my review. The service both he received and then we both received upon our 2nd visit was simply wonderful. We were well cared for and the salesperson was patient and kind. Our rings arrived before the day she expected them to and they were just beautiful. I would strongly suggest this location to anyone looking for the best quality and service available.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Finding a good jeweler is hard enough as is, but finding one that you entrust on working on a family heirloom is definitely worth coming online to share a review for. My mother’s necklace had been passed down to me and there was a beautiful gem in the middle that had come loose and fallen over time. I had put it away in my jewelry box and completely forgotten about getting it fix.

I finally decided to do some research alone to try and find a reputable jeweler to entrust with such an important piece. Also, I should mention the stone was a specific shape and texture. The help I received at Brilliant was above and beyond anything I could imagine. The staff were attentive and patient in helping me select the proper replacement piece and also in assuring me that my necklace was in the proper hands and would be handled with the utmost care. I received it back within their advised delays and the work they did was nothing short of amazing. I’m thrilled with the work and service they provided. They exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I got engaged on December 25th, 2019. It’s Mar 6, 2020 and I still don’t have a wearable ring. Jan 7, 2020 sent the ring back for sizing. We ordered a 7.5 but 3 local jewelers show me it’s a 7.25, BE insists it’s a 7.5. I need a true 7.75. I mention to BE that I have a crooked prong that’s catching, they have me send it in to the repair department. After the 10 days of “analyzing” they say, "Oh I’m so sorry your original order didn’t go through QC . (WTF??) We will fix this right up in 2-3 weeks." Fast forward those weeks. We get a call, "Your setting is totally bad. We have to scrap it and start over (double WTF??), 2 more weeks." Finally the week comes. I’m getting my ring back yay! Oh another day delay.

Finally get tracking for my Saturday delivery, of course they sent it to my office when I explicitly gave them my home address for the shipment. I guess me and my fiancé will spend our Saturday driving 22 miles from our house to pick it up at a Fedex hub. I finally have my ring (even though it’s a little too big now, a true 8)! Whatever I don’t care, I LOVE it. 6 days later I am doing laundry and hit it, stone becomes totally loose. I’m devastated. I take it into my local jeweler, and they say, "We’re not surprised, these prongs are so thin they look like this ring is 10-15 years old." This setting was not built to last or house that diamond. BE refuses any refund (only asking for the $690 for the setting) until they get the whole ring back. Given the length of the previous process and lack of workmanship we will not be sending anything back and we will be moving forward empty handed (pun intended). God I hope this diamond is at least real.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I made my purchase at the Brilliant Earth location in Boston and have no regrets! I made an appointment because my fiancé and I were shopping for our wedding bands and wanted to make sure we received the best care possible- since it’s a pricey purchase. The location was extremely clean and welcoming and the staff as well. Everyone was nice and although we had an appointment with one associate, others chimed in our discussion and made the experience that much better. We received our order exactly when they promised that we would and we couldn’t be happier with the final product. Thanks for your help and our beautiful wedding bands. We’ll cherish them forever!

Original review: March 3, 2020

I had an issue with a recent purchase and the staff was welcoming and accommodating. They were able to sent my ring out for repair and I am very satisfied with the service I received both when I made the initial purchase and when I had to return for assistance with the repair.

Original review: March 2, 2020

I don’t usually write reviews but the service I received went above and beyond. The sales staff was extremely attentive, knowledgeable and patient while I made my selection. I valued their knowledge and opinion, it was extremely helpful while making my purchase. Kudos to Brilliant Earth on providing conflict free diamonds!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I received my engagement ring from my now fiancé a couple weeks ago and initially, I absolutely loved it... UNFORTUNATELY, it is SO dainty, delicate and impractical that it has NOT EVEN lasted 2 weeks of wear!! I noticed there was a seam in the 14K rose gold band and then a couple days later, one of the small diamonds on the band fell out. So, I took it to our local jeweller and he said that the ring is CRACKED and BENT and has a HIGH RISK of losing more diamonds and the big center diamond due to not enough contact to hold it in!!!

HE SAID IT IS NOT FOR EVERYDAY USE OR EVER!! And, I followed all of the rules... I did not wear it in the shower/doing dishes/at the gym/sleeping and I can’t even wear it work since I provide patient care!! The design is FLAWED and it would cost us another $2500 CAD to fix it. I was absolutely devastated so I called Brilliant Earth for a full refund but they won’t do anything since it is outside the 30 day warrantee from the time of purchase so I am SOL...

Similarly, my fiancé also had trouble with Brilliant Earth from the beginning since the RING CAME LATE (delaying his proposal to me) and the appraisal/diamond certificate did not come until 2 months later after he called Brilliant Earth SIX TIMES to get it! This caused a delay in getting insurance... Furthermore, the free diamond earrings came with ONE MISSING DIAMOND because quality is the CLEARLY the LAST priority of Brilliant Earth!

Lastly, I went to post a review on Brilliant’s Earth website and YOU CAN’T! Thus, they obviously only post positive reviews on their website AND PAY for the positive reviews so it’s BIASED! Do not make the same mistake we did by buying any jewelry from Brilliant Earth or you will be sorry! DISSATISFACTION IS THEIR ONLY GUARANTEE.

Resolution response: March 31, 2020

Resolved.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

This has been the most stressful and upsetting purchase we have ever made... and it was for my engagement ring! I’ve actually put off writing this review for months in the hope that this could be resolved quietly, without any negative public reviews. But people deserve to know what they are getting. I’d dreamt of a Brilliant Earth ring for months, and had to talk my now fiancé into it, as he wasn’t sure on the whole online-purchase thing. God, I should have listened to him.

After THREE WEEKS of use, the center stone on my Primrose Ring FELL OUT of its setting. This was returned, eventually inspected, deemed faulty and replaced. Once I finally had my (new) ring back, it lasted a whole three months before the center stone became loose in the new setting. Thank goodness we noticed before this one fell out!!

We returned the ring AGAIN, and Brilliant Earth have deemed it MY fault that their settings don’t last more than three months! I have another diamond ring by another jeweller which I have worn daily for five years without issue, and every other woman I know wears their engagement ring daily without problems. According to a Brilliant Earth representative who was ‘helping’ us with our issue, their rings ‘aren’t meant to be worn out and about’...well, where on earth are you meant to wear them then???

Brilliant Earth are now in possession of the ring, refusing to refund us, refusing to replace with a sturdier design, and will only replace it at a cost of three thousand dollars TO US!!! I was sucked in by Brilliant Earth’s marketing about ‘ethics’... well, they couldn’t care less about treating their customers ethically, let me tell you! I’m in tears writing this because what was meant to be one of the happiest purchases of our life has turned into an utter nightmare. We are now stranded... since August I’ve spent more time withOUT my ring than with it. I can’t possibly trust a new ring from them even if they did replace it, and without a refund for their extremely faulty product. I’m without an engagement ring and we are at a loss of thousands of dollars! Avoid at all costs!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Loved dealing with Lisa at Brilliant Earth. She was very nice, funny and great to deal with. She really loves her job, and you can tell she enjoys what she does. She knows her products inside and out and was never pushy throughout the sales process. Loved my experience and I'm very happy with my ring.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I had bought a tennis bracelet here and one of the prongs holding a diamond came loose. I thought dealing with the company would be difficult or I would have to wait forever for a repair, however the staff communication was great throughout the process and the repair was very well taken care of. Great after sale customer service.

Resolution response: Feb. 6, 2020

After a few more phone calls and emails, Brilliant Earth's team did agree to let us change from a white gold to a platinum band, with us paying the difference and not outright buying a second band. I'm still disappointed by how long the finish on the original band lasted, but I am much more satisfied with the resolution Brilliant Earth has offered.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

The Rhodium plating on our white-gold engagement ring wore off in 6 weeks, and it's yellow gold now. The ring was worn carefully, never exposed to abrasion or solvents, and taken off for things like washing dishes. Despite being told by Brilliant Earth that the plating would lasts YEARS, they say the plating failing in 6 weeks is not covered by warranty. The worst part is it took 3 weeks from the time we put the ring in the mail to the time Brilliant Earth contacted us with an answer/offer. They did offer a one-time free replating of the ring, but what is the point if it just wears off in 6 weeks again? The ring would spend more time in the mail than on my fiance's hand.

We asked to have the diamond reset into a Platinum band and we offered to pay the difference in price between the band we have and the new platinum band. Brilliant Earth refused, they said we cannot return the band and we'd have to buy the new platinum band out-right for $2,000. In summary: I'm feeling misled, cheated even, by how long the white gold band lasts and Brilliant Earth's 'solution' is for me to pay them another $2,000.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

My fiance purchased my beautiful ring from Brilliant Earth in a total surprise engagement. Therefore I had to send it back in to be resized. It took them almost 3 weeks to re-size the ring. When I got it back 2 of the 4 prongs were loose (like pulling out my hair and getting caught on clothes loose). They will not guarantee this is covered under warranty, even though this was their jewelers error, and to top it off they say it will take 4 weeks to fix. Finally, if I were to take it somewhere local that could fix my ring in a reasonable amount of time, it will void the warranty. So again, the ring is beautiful, but pray that there is nothing wrong with it, because then it becomes not their problem!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Great products and service! I brought in a damaged family necklace that had been in the family for years. I needed to replace one of the stones in the pendant and the knowledgeable staff was very helpful. They restored my necklace for me and even cleaned the chain for free! I'm very happy with the service and diamond I received from Brilliant Earth.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I had read some negative reviews about this company which is why I was reluctant to go, but after a wonderful experience I knew I had to quickly come online to share. I was browsing wedding bands for my fiance and I and came across the Brilliant Earth website. They had the exact ring I was looking for but had some questions about it, so when I visited my local store, the sales associate was very patient and knowledgeable. She took the time to answer all my questions and concerns and gave me a time frame to receive our order which was kept. We're very happy with the product and service we received!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Very easy to order a ring from this website. Was a smooth process, Online customer support was super helpful in answering my questions. They were quick and friendly. My product was delivered on New Year’s Eve as promised. The ring looks beautiful! Absolutely no regrets. Will definitely order from Brilliant Earth again!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I don’t have a lot of time to shop, but I was looking to get my wife something special for our 30th wedding anniversary. A few months ago, she had mentioned that she was looking to get a new diamond ring, so that’s what I settled on. I wanted to get her a custom ring with diamond and amethysts (her favorite precious stone). Honestly, I wasn’t sure where to start, or when I would find time to build a custom ring with my busy schedule but I discovered that they can do it all online. I was able to use their online tool to build and customize a ring, and then show my wife so that she could have some final input on the design. She loves her new ring, and I loved how easy it was to get her such a special and unique gift.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

For years, I’ve avoided purchasing diamonds. I love jewelry and wear it often, but with all of the news stories out there about how the diamond trade exploits workers, buying diamonds just made me feel uncomfortable. However, once I started browsing the designs at Brilliant Earth, I started to change my mind. They list the source of each and every one of their diamonds, and ensure that they are conflict-free, and obtained from mines that treat their workers with respect and pay them fairly. I’m happy to say that I recently bought my first-ever diamond necklace and I’ll be wearing it with pride thanks to their dedication ethically-sourced jewelry.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

For my birthday, my husband said that I could get any custom-designed jewelry that I wanted, so I decided to get a ring. I knew immediately that I wanted to work with Brilliant Earth. I had purchased a ring and a set of earrings as gifts from them a few years ago, and I was very impressed with their dedication to ethically-sourced jewelry. The process of customizing my ring online was fast and easy, and I was able to build the perfect ring for me without ever having to go to the store. With my busy schedule, I was very thankful for that. I’m extremely happy with my new ring, and my husband is thrilled that I’ve had such a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I’ve been married to my husband for 30 years – and my wedding ring was showing every decade of it! It was in bad shape. The gold was scratched and dull, the diamond needed a polish, and I’d even lost a few of the side stones, which were small sapphires. I still loved the ring, though. It’s my favorite piece of jewelry, and I wanted to give it the makeover it deserved. I went to Brilliant Earth and after just a week of work, my ring looked brand new. They replaced the missing stones, buffed and polished the ring, and made it look absolutely gorgeous! I couldn’t recommend them more highly.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

This has been by far the worst online customer experience I've ever had. I've ordered a stone online, paid over 5k and received a confirmation - so far everything was normal. Then I receive another message saying they cannot deliver my order to my address. It took over 5 phone calls and 6 e-mails going back and forth for them to cancel my order and issue a refund. Obviously, they took their time to refund me, and until this day which is over a week later my refund is still in 'pending' status. All in all, a very bad experience, and after all this, they still send me automated messages to 'congratulate' me on my purchase. I strongly recommend buying from a more reputable and professional source. Sad to say, but this website is too good to be true. Don't waste your time nor money.

Brilliant Earth Company Information