3.8/5 (191 ratings)

About Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: July 6, 2022

It was a nightmare experience. Their website is flawed, you can’t rely on the slider that shows size approx to setting size. I received my cushion that disappeared because the diamond was literally set on top of it like a sandwich. It was hideous. I sent back in two days after finally getting ahold of someone that could help me know where to return it. I tried to work with them to fix. They held onto my ring for months… finally I had enough and asked for a return they said nope been too long, even when promising I hadn’t lost my opportunity to return. I was furious.

False marketing…shady business practices, and finally I received all money back through my credit card company. Thank goodness. They try to bribe you to not write bad reviews or do ANYTHING they can to get your reviews online removed, that is why some places only have all good reviews.…more shady practice. They won’t be here for the long term if they keep this up, that’s for sure. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: June 24, 2022

I would prefer to give -0- stars. Buyer beware! Avoid Brilliant Earth at all costs. Customer service is horrible. They do not honor what they say they will do. The product they are selling falls apart and you get the run-around. They should be ashamed they treat people the way they do.

Original review: June 22, 2022

My boyfriend and I visited the NYC showroom to get an idea of which Engagement ring styles we liked best. We had visited a few other brands/stores but I was so impressed by not only the extensive selection of diamonds and settings Brilliant Earth provided but also the customer service we received. Kylie asked thorough questions about what we were each looking for and put many options in front of us, she even went as far as letting me try on her own engagement ring (which was my dream ring)! We left feeling so positive that we have found a ring that we both loved!

Original review: June 10, 2022

I had the most positive experience when I visited the New York showroom with my best friend to try on rings. Shefrin was both professional and supportive and made me feel comfortable throughout the entire experience. He provided important insight from a professional standpoint while also dedicating himself to understanding my preferences. He did not make me feel guilty or rushed when I kept asking to try on more rings, and furthermore the survey you fill out before hand (which he did take the time to carefully review) guides the experience and makes conversations about budget a non-issue. Shefrin respected those boundaries and got me in a ring I love. Furthermore, by only allowing two people in the showroom at a time and having separate displays for each person, it truly makes the experience about you. Shefrin was authentically personable and I am super excited to have him on my team through this exciting stage of life.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I bought an engagement ring and 3 weeks later the center stone became loose. I had to ship it back to get it repaired. It took 1 week for inspection and 2 weeks to get it back. I bought a diamond with blockchain technology (can be tracked down) to promote sustainable sourcing, however I never received the report. I have contacted the company several times, and after 5 months I still don't have a copy. There were many other things that made my experience very disappointing, shipping problems, low response from customer service, etc. it really makes me question the integrity of the company. They have good advertising, that's for sure.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Spent thousands of dollars on engagement ring and wedding band. We signed a contract agreement for 18 month financing through wells Fargo (with receipts and email confirmations) and on our statements was shown 12 month financing. After speaking with Wells Fargo, they told us Brilliant Earth had to fix it by contacting them and confirming the correct terms. After speaking with brilliant earth for many weeks and being told multiple times that there was nothing they can do besides “send [us] some earrings or something”, we finally spoke to Wells Fargo again and submitted a dispute in which brilliant earth had two months to respond. We never heard from brilliant earth again.

Brilliant earth never once apologized for their mistake or the inconvenience of spending countless hours on the phone with employees who had no idea how to help or who to even talk to in order to find a solution. They did not offer to reach out to Wells Fargo or to find a solution even though they broke a contractual agreement with a client who has not only spent thousands of dollars but referred other clients who have spent just as much. It was really disheartening for a large successful company to make a huge mistake and then not do everything in their power to fix it. Beware to others that if this happened to us it could happen again. Their customer service is atrocious and their business was not equipped to handle a simple mistake in their end.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Terrible customer service. One of the small stones in my ring fell out less than a month after receiving the ring and with normal use. I sent the ring in for repairs April 7. It took over a week to complete the inspection, and then even longer to schedule a telephone call to discuss the inspection. We were told that the repair would not be covered because we had the ring resized by another jeweler. We agreed to pay to have the stone replaced and were told it would take 1-2 weeks for the repairs to be complete. It has now been two weeks since that telephone call, and we are unable to get any updates. My fiancé and I have called customer service three times and each representative assures us that someone from the repairs department will reach out with an estimate on the repair and they never do. I don’t know how to get an answer or speak to someone who knows what is going on.

Original review: April 28, 2022

April 12, 2022 I visited the SF showroom and placed the order at the time of our visit. I received a confirmation email later that day and saw my order was incorrect. (Wrong metal and wrong stone.) I called the next day to correct and was advised there was a glitch in the system and I was supposed to get a confirmation email for the changes. Two days later I called again because I didn’t get a confirmation and was told to wait another 48 hours after they put in another request for changes. The following day I tried to call the showroom and they saw all my notes and assured me my request was in the system. A week later I called again after not getting any confirmations but this time the rep told me that this whole time no one had submitted the changes correctly and there were simply notes in my file. This time they were trying to charge me more money for the correction.

I asked for a manager and contacted my original salesperson and I was told via email that because of the system error they would waive the pricing difference. That confirmation email was correct except they removed the lifetime extended warranty I had purchased. I quickly responded pointing it out and they agreed to put it back on but then I was asked to pay the balance. I had paid for the ring with warranty in full on my appointment day so I should not be paying more. I made more calls and emailed attaching my original confirmation that showed I had paid for the warranty upfront and also forwarded the email from a manager confirming that I would not be charged more for their system error.

After not hearing back, I called once again and I was told that the request to waive the balance was denied! I lost track of how many times I called and emailed to get this straightened out. I sadly had to cancel this order April 20th after losing faith in their word and experiencing terrible service. To my surprise, it has been a week since I canceled the order and I have not received my promised refund. I am now disputing the charge with my card to get my money back. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They are dishonest and do not care about their clients.

Original review: April 13, 2022

BAIT AND SWITCH!!! Beware this Brilliant Earth company posted a diamond for a good deal. After placing the order in the following weeks I made plans and reservations for a romantic proposal. A week later they called me to tell me the diamond that I selected was unavailable and offered me “comparable” diamonds that were smaller in carat size but MORE MONEY. They clearly are running scams and have completely put me in a horrible position for my proposal plans. I had to cancel the order after opening the line of credit with them. NEVER USE THEM! Blue Nile or true jewelers only.

Original review: April 7, 2022

My fiancé purchased my engagement ring from Brilliant Earth. Within a week of wearing it 3 of the smaller side diamonds came out. I’ve now have it for a year and a half and almost all the diamonds have fallen out.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Made a purchase on Feb 3rd for a pair of Diamond earrings for a total of $2.7K. Got contacted on the 16th, stating the Diamond was “lost” in transit. I asked for an equivalent pair, but was told the price is 30% more. When I first made my purchase on the 3rd, there were a good amount of similar diamonds for around the same price or slight higher or lower. But now, everything is 30% higher on their website, so are you telling me, within the past 10 days, all those Diamond are sold out? do you really believe the Diamond is “lost” in transit? Well I don’t.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

A white gold and diamond engagement ring was purchased through Brilliant Earth, after only 4 days of wear the band ended up with a hole in it! We contacted Brilliant Earth and they asked us to send it back for an assessment. After 2 weeks we were finally able to schedule a phone meeting where we were advised that "their team has conducted the investigation and determined it is wear and tear." Are you kidding me?? Your product is so poorly made that it breaks down after 4 days of use?! They refused to replace it and have essentially said it's not their problem! Stay away, far away!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Stay well away from this company!! The stress myself and my fiance have endured from this company the last few weeks has been extreme. We were ensured our ring would be ready by our wedding date (29th of Jan) only been told today (20th Jan) that it will not be ready and therefore we have no ring for our wedding day. We have been constantly trying to contact Brilliant Earth to ask for updates on the order and each time you call up the person you speak to has no idea what is happening or has a different excuse each time (and that's if you can even get through to someone).

They promise someone will call you back and then no one ever does. They have stuffed up every step of the way - initially making in white gold instead of platinum, then invoicing us the wrong amount, the list goes on. It has been a very stressful and traumatic experience dealing with Brilliant Earth. We feel we have been constantly lied to. An extremely incompetent, unethical company that clearly has no idea about customer service and we would recommend everyone to stay far far away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

They’re extremely unorganized & difficult - they’ve had my engagement ring for 4 months & won’t respond at this point - I was just getting something fixed & it has taken way longer than it ever should’ve.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I wish I had some way to contact their general customer service via e-mail, but I am forced to continue communications with their Washington DC location, which if it is any representation of the company, should be considered an embarrassment. I'll start at the beginning. I scheduled an in-person visit in early November to look at the Marina ring. Someone named Kyle reached out to me to let me know that unfortunately the ring would not be available to view on the date I scheduled and I would need to reschedule, which I did for two weeks after my original date.

Given the location's hours, I need to schedule time off from work to make it to the shop, because I don't live or work in DC. This is only worth noting, because when I showed up for my rescheduled appointment, I was informed that the Marina ring had not been ordered, because "someone" forgot to order it. Because I indicated that I was hesitant to make another appointment and take more time off from work, I was assured by our new associate, Izzy, that she would "more than make it up" to us, by adding a second "free" gift to our order when we came in. My fiancé knew how much I liked the Marina ring, so he convinced me to give them another shot, so we scheduled a third appointment for early December. (Original appointment 11/5, then 11/18, and then 12/3.)

When we came for our next appointment, the Marina was available. I got my finger sized, and my fiancé did as well because he found a ring that he liked. I identified another band that I wanted to purchase, yet when we sat down Izzy had only added the two rings to the order, and promised that she would send me the details on the 3rd ring separately. Why not just make the sale when she could? I couldn't tell you, but she didn't. She did, however, promise to send me the details on the ring, so I could order it myself.

As we finalized the order, the topic of "free gift", which incidentally is standard on any order above $1000, came up. Izzy showed me that she added a pair of diamond stud earrings to the order. At that time, I pointed out that I do not have pierced ears. At that Izzy stated she would change the earrings to an aquamarine pendant to match my ring. When I asked about the promised "second gift" she again promised that it would be added to the order when she corrected it the next day.

When we did finally receive the order confirmation in our email, four days later, it still showed the earrings, and nothing further. My fiancé followed up, immediately, but never received a response. I sent an e-mail independently asking for information about the third ring, and also got no response. After 2 weeks, I followed up again, and mentioned my fiancé's email which also hadn't been answered. At that time, I was informed by Kyle that Izzy would get back to me soon. Another three days went by, and Izzy finally responded to me to let me know she'd been busy, and hadn't had time to correct the order. She promised to send 2 "additional" free gifts ASAP and advised me to give the diamond studs as a gift. I asked her again about the third ring that I was looking at, and she informed me that she could order that for me if I wanted to come in, but did not give the details. I have not followed-up to order.

The rings arrived last week, along with the useless earrings. My fiancé's does not fit. He has reached out again for assistance, and has gotten no response. I have reached out again for assistance, and I've gotten no response. The trouble is, that with his ring, in particular, it cannot be resized, and any changes must be made within the first few days of receiving it. Of course, I suppose if they never respond to us, we're just stuck with the ring.

I realize it's the holidays, but I am so incredibly disappointed. It seems that Brilliant Earth has decided we're not worth the time to do anything other than take our money, and now that they have it, are doing nothing to provide any of the support or promises that were made. I've not yet taken my concerns to social media, because I've worked in customer service myself, and I understand that especially during the holidays it is hard, but I'm getting married in 3 weeks, and I would like for my husband to be able to wear his ring, and I suspect he would too. Hopefully this review will reach them, since I seem to have no other way to reach them except to call the DC location, which is the problem.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Avoid this company. There are alternatives like 1215diamonds who respect their customers. I read many negative reviews and still had confidence that my experience would be different and trouble-free. This was a huge mistake. Heed the warning that your order will not be seamless and smooth with this company. Expect something to go wrong. When it does, you will feel in the dark regarding status and ultimately spend exorbitant amounts of time calling customer service, waiting on hold, and waiting for updates that are never sent.

I placed my order for an engagement ring (diamond and setting selected) and wired my payment on the same day. Bank wire went through and they sent me confirmation that they received my payment the next day. 4 days later I receive an email at the end of the day ~4 PM PST stating "just tried giving you a call but wanted to follow up with an email. We need to discuss details of your order with you." I did not receive any phone call. I called as soon as the email came through and was told by customer service that the specialist handling my order was not available and that they would give me a call the next day. This call never came either, so I call customer service again and find out that the diamond I ordered is not available. I am being notified of this 5 days after I placed and fully paid for my order. I was not satisfied with the "similar" diamonds the order specialist presented and I requested a refunded.

I received an email confirmation of the order cancelation without any information regarding the refund. I call customer service again a day later and am told that they will be mailing a check and a refund confirmation will be sent out soon. Day 7 still haven't received anything regarding my refund and repeat the process of contacting customer who then proceed to tell me that the refund should be sent soon. I do this for the next 3 days and it's day 10 now and I still haven't received any confirmation about my refund. Where is my money! All this time I am also requesting that my bank wire transfer fee be reimbursed. Day 11 I am contacted by a "senior" member of the team who told me that they should have an update for me within 24 hours and that they will call me and send an email with details. Day 12, no call. No email. I emailed and called this "senior" staff and they have not responded. It is Friday and I assume this "senior" individual will not be available until Monday.

Update.. Check with refund arrived. Had no idea that it was left at my door. I am still trying to have my bank wire fee reimbursed. This is a theft of my time and it's ridiculous they expect me to cover the cost of this bank wire in this situation. Brilliant Earth should be confirming inventory before sending wire instructions and requesting a payment. I've been told by multiple people in this company to contact my bank. This is not the responsibility of my bank. There are many complaints about this company and I wish I would have heeded their warning. It would've saved me time, money, and stress.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I received my ring and one of the pave diamonds on the setting was missing completely. When I called them immediately after I saw this, I was told the process would take 3 wks, including a week long inspection of the ring. I had plans in place to purpose and wasn’t about to compromise them because of their complete lack of quality control, so I went to quick repair jewelry and paid $160 to complete the ring. No accountability and they nearly ruined the moment. I knew I was paying a 15-20% markup by going with them, I didn’t realize I would continue to pay for their lack of professionalism.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

My fiancé and I have made a purchase on the website and I would never recommend this company to anyone for your engagement ring purchase. We picked out a coloured diamond together that costed over $15,000. We made the purchase and was given a expected date. A week into the wait, my fiancé received a call informing him that it has been double sold, and the stone is no longer available. This was completely a mistake on Brilliant Earth’s side. Given this level of error that is core to their business, I doubt they will be at all able to uphold any other promises (like sourcing and tracing ethically mined diamonds).

We were forced with a choice and we chose to go with a worse diamond that looked similar. We stressed and called back to emphasize that this ring needed to arrive before a certain date for our engagement photos. The rep on the phone promised it was not a problem. Fast forward now, the worse replacement ring did not arrive on time. We are faced with not even having a worse engagement ring for our engagement photos. Lots of emotions were stirred up and I would never, ever recommend this company to anyone. The lack of basic professionalism for their profession (keeping track of diamonds) and lack of reliability (not meeting promised delivery times for time sensitive items) makes them a terrible choice for anyone.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Terrible service, did not do anything when I advised them that I needed them to hold my package and wait to ship it since I was out of town, and refused to provide any resolution for my missing package (which was their fault). Do not buy from Brilliant Earth!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Silver Flair Cuff Bracelet, SKU: BE5D190-S, $375.00. I could live with the fact that it looked better in the picture, but when one of the diamonds fell out after 6th time I wore the bracelet, and Brilliant Earth said they have a jewelry repair department- really, I am going to put more money into this tiny piece of crap? In my opinion you are better going to a local small shop to buy jewelry.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I really liked just how patient everyone here is, as well as kind. The staff knows their product inside out. Finding what we were looking for was real easy. I'm so very impressed with the whole experience.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Incredibly disappointed. My wife’s engagement ring band snapped out of the blue. I read various reviews of others having the same problem. I went through all warranty documentation and past emails of how much they “stand by their product” and are “committed to the quality” of their rings …. only to receive a phone call that they “found a scratch” (not even where the rings snapped) and therefore my options are to 1. Pay for repairs that, as stated, would only be their best effort or 2. Purchase a new setting!

I had so many issues at the time of purchase with them not having my original diamond available and then delays in production, etc., if I had more time for the planned proposal I would have canceled it and gone elsewhere. In hindsight I wish I had lost the money on my proposal instead because this ring costs THOUSANDS and within 2 years it’s broken. My wife is a nurse and hardly ever wears the ring…. cannot believe we are dealing with this type of service and product quality from a company that claims to have such high standards and quality. Please don’t make the same mistake I made and do not purchase a ring from them!!!

Original review: June 23, 2021

Been looking for the right ring for my girl for a while and found it here. The whole buying process was simple and easy. Customizing the ring to look just right was equally as easy. Brilliant Earth is a great place to find the perfect ring.

Original review: June 1, 2021

The amount of options is really amazing. Filtering options are amazing. It's easy to find what you're looking for. Also if you're ever feeling overwhelmed, the customer service is top class. Answered all my questions happily.

Original review: May 21, 2021

The site is just so well made. Quick and easy to customize the ring you're looking for. Was on the fence about spending so much money on something I haven't seen in person, but the end result is I couldn't be happier with my ring!

Original review: May 10, 2021

As far as I am concerned my fiancé had a good experience buying the ring. Brilliant Earth was super helpful in helping him pick and build it. My issue lies within their lifetime warranty. I've had the ring for about 6 months when one of the smaller diamonds fell out of the halo. I take very good care of my ring - don't wear it when working out, or in the shower etc, but to replace the diamond is costing me over 250 dollars and is not covered by the warranty. The ring is not even a year old.

They did not explain this warranty very well when buying the ring. I'm not exactly sure what their warranty covers, I understand a lifetime warranty cannot cover diamonds falling out for its entirety but with the ring being less than a year old, I expected a little more than having to pay out of pocket. My advice would be to make sure they review their lifetime warranty with you in depth before purchasing any jewelry. I am not happy with their service on this and know after doing some research to take it elsewhere to be fixed.

Resolution response: May 7, 2021

Problem was resolved! I was able to get in touch with the customer service manager. She was very helpful and prompt in response, and communicated with me that the processing was delayed because the system blocked the request somehow. She was able to get it processed for me manually!

Original review: May 6, 2021

First of all, let me start by saying we have purchased our engagement rings from Brilliant Earth and we do love the rings and experience working with the sales agent in Philly was good.. BUT...Their refer-a-friend system is completely non-existing! We referred a friend to buy from them. But a week later, we still haven't received our $100 credit as BE promises. We reached out first and then our friend called them FOUR times, and each time their customer-service agents assured that this should be resolved within 24 hours. It was never resolved and even worse, my friend never got any updates from them. The last time my friend called, the agent told him that this time they would be really serious about it and followed up in 24 hours. Obviously no one followed up…

Feeling very bad about making our friend calling over and over again, we called them again demanding an explanation and speaking with their manager. Spent 50 minutes with the customer service, and all we got was “the manager is not available and will call you back”; “we are working on this and will call you back in 24 hours”. Of course no response at all! Our problem may not be comparable to others' negative experience with BE, since it’s just $100 anyway. But our experience again showed that the company does not really care about the customers after they got your money, consistent with other’s reviews! Their sales team might be okay but their customer service team is just really good at and comfortable with LYING in your face! Please think twice before you purchase from them.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Hands down the best price I found for the ring I was looking for. Finding the ring was a piece of cake with the website being so easy to navigate. Was my first time making a purchase like this and I found it easy.

Original review: April 2, 2021

My husband gave me diamond earrings for our 10 year anniversary. He purchased them from Brilliant Earth after doing a lot of research. The earrings that we got had a very cheap looking setting so I wanted to exchange it for a better looking one. Paid $400 extra for the setting which came out to be different from the picture on their website and came with wrong posts. Upset by it, contacted customer service. After going back and forth and no apology they agreed to change setting to a basic one and refund me $400 back. Received earrings with wrong mismatched posts! And no refund. Had to contact them again and again to receive the refund for the price difference and still waiting on them to resolve wrong posts. After 3 months going back and forth with them, I was not able to wear the gift my husband gave me. To say how frustrating and unprofessional BE has been is to say nothing.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Staff know their stuff. Real helpful in helping me find just what I wanted. Great experience. Price was good, shipping was quick. Would recommend to anyone looking to buy high quality jewelry that's ethically sourced.

Brilliant Earth Company Information