3.8/5 (181 ratings)

About Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Made a purchase on Feb 3rd for a pair of Diamond earrings for a total of $2.7K. Got contacted on the 16th, stating the Diamond was “lost” in transit. I asked for an equivalent pair, but was told the price is 30% more. When I first made my purchase on the 3rd, there were a good amount of similar diamonds for around the same price or slight higher or lower. But now, everything is 30% higher on their website, so are you telling me, within the past 10 days, all those Diamond are sold out? do you really believe the Diamond is “lost” in transit? Well I don’t.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

A white gold and diamond engagement ring was purchased through Brilliant Earth, after only 4 days of wear the band ended up with a hole in it! We contacted Brilliant Earth and they asked us to send it back for an assessment. After 2 weeks we were finally able to schedule a phone meeting where we were advised that "their team has conducted the investigation and determined it is wear and tear." Are you kidding me?? Your product is so poorly made that it breaks down after 4 days of use?! They refused to replace it and have essentially said it's not their problem! Stay away, far away!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Stay well away from this company!! The stress myself and my fiance have endured from this company the last few weeks has been extreme. We were ensured our ring would be ready by our wedding date (29th of Jan) only been told today (20th Jan) that it will not be ready and therefore we have no ring for our wedding day. We have been constantly trying to contact Brilliant Earth to ask for updates on the order and each time you call up the person you speak to has no idea what is happening or has a different excuse each time (and that's if you can even get through to someone).

They promise someone will call you back and then no one ever does. They have stuffed up every step of the way - initially making in white gold instead of platinum, then invoicing us the wrong amount, the list goes on. It has been a very stressful and traumatic experience dealing with Brilliant Earth. We feel we have been constantly lied to. An extremely incompetent, unethical company that clearly has no idea about customer service and we would recommend everyone to stay far far away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

They’re extremely unorganized & difficult - they’ve had my engagement ring for 4 months & won’t respond at this point - I was just getting something fixed & it has taken way longer than it ever should’ve.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I wish I had some way to contact their general customer service via e-mail, but I am forced to continue communications with their Washington DC location, which if it is any representation of the company, should be considered an embarrassment. I'll start at the beginning. I scheduled an in-person visit in early November to look at the Marina ring. Someone named Kyle reached out to me to let me know that unfortunately the ring would not be available to view on the date I scheduled and I would need to reschedule, which I did for two weeks after my original date.

Given the location's hours, I need to schedule time off from work to make it to the shop, because I don't live or work in DC. This is only worth noting, because when I showed up for my rescheduled appointment, I was informed that the Marina ring had not been ordered, because "someone" forgot to order it. Because I indicated that I was hesitant to make another appointment and take more time off from work, I was assured by our new associate, Izzy, that she would "more than make it up" to us, by adding a second "free" gift to our order when we came in. My fiancé knew how much I liked the Marina ring, so he convinced me to give them another shot, so we scheduled a third appointment for early December. (Original appointment 11/5, then 11/18, and then 12/3.)

When we came for our next appointment, the Marina was available. I got my finger sized, and my fiancé did as well because he found a ring that he liked. I identified another band that I wanted to purchase, yet when we sat down Izzy had only added the two rings to the order, and promised that she would send me the details on the 3rd ring separately. Why not just make the sale when she could? I couldn't tell you, but she didn't. She did, however, promise to send me the details on the ring, so I could order it myself.

As we finalized the order, the topic of "free gift", which incidentally is standard on any order above $1000, came up. Izzy showed me that she added a pair of diamond stud earrings to the order. At that time, I pointed out that I do not have pierced ears. At that Izzy stated she would change the earrings to an aquamarine pendant to match my ring. When I asked about the promised "second gift" she again promised that it would be added to the order when she corrected it the next day.

When we did finally receive the order confirmation in our email, four days later, it still showed the earrings, and nothing further. My fiancé followed up, immediately, but never received a response. I sent an e-mail independently asking for information about the third ring, and also got no response. After 2 weeks, I followed up again, and mentioned my fiancé's email which also hadn't been answered. At that time, I was informed by Kyle that Izzy would get back to me soon. Another three days went by, and Izzy finally responded to me to let me know she'd been busy, and hadn't had time to correct the order. She promised to send 2 "additional" free gifts ASAP and advised me to give the diamond studs as a gift. I asked her again about the third ring that I was looking at, and she informed me that she could order that for me if I wanted to come in, but did not give the details. I have not followed-up to order.

The rings arrived last week, along with the useless earrings. My fiancé's does not fit. He has reached out again for assistance, and has gotten no response. I have reached out again for assistance, and I've gotten no response. The trouble is, that with his ring, in particular, it cannot be resized, and any changes must be made within the first few days of receiving it. Of course, I suppose if they never respond to us, we're just stuck with the ring.

I realize it's the holidays, but I am so incredibly disappointed. It seems that Brilliant Earth has decided we're not worth the time to do anything other than take our money, and now that they have it, are doing nothing to provide any of the support or promises that were made. I've not yet taken my concerns to social media, because I've worked in customer service myself, and I understand that especially during the holidays it is hard, but I'm getting married in 3 weeks, and I would like for my husband to be able to wear his ring, and I suspect he would too. Hopefully this review will reach them, since I seem to have no other way to reach them except to call the DC location, which is the problem.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Avoid this company. There are alternatives like 1215diamonds who respect their customers. I read many negative reviews and still had confidence that my experience would be different and trouble-free. This was a huge mistake. Heed the warning that your order will not be seamless and smooth with this company. Expect something to go wrong. When it does, you will feel in the dark regarding status and ultimately spend exorbitant amounts of time calling customer service, waiting on hold, and waiting for updates that are never sent.

I placed my order for an engagement ring (diamond and setting selected) and wired my payment on the same day. Bank wire went through and they sent me confirmation that they received my payment the next day. 4 days later I receive an email at the end of the day ~4 PM PST stating "just tried giving you a call but wanted to follow up with an email. We need to discuss details of your order with you." I did not receive any phone call. I called as soon as the email came through and was told by customer service that the specialist handling my order was not available and that they would give me a call the next day. This call never came either, so I call customer service again and find out that the diamond I ordered is not available. I am being notified of this 5 days after I placed and fully paid for my order. I was not satisfied with the "similar" diamonds the order specialist presented and I requested a refunded.

I received an email confirmation of the order cancelation without any information regarding the refund. I call customer service again a day later and am told that they will be mailing a check and a refund confirmation will be sent out soon. Day 7 still haven't received anything regarding my refund and repeat the process of contacting customer who then proceed to tell me that the refund should be sent soon. I do this for the next 3 days and it's day 10 now and I still haven't received any confirmation about my refund. Where is my money! All this time I am also requesting that my bank wire transfer fee be reimbursed. Day 11 I am contacted by a "senior" member of the team who told me that they should have an update for me within 24 hours and that they will call me and send an email with details. Day 12, no call. No email. I emailed and called this "senior" staff and they have not responded. It is Friday and I assume this "senior" individual will not be available until Monday.

Update.. Check with refund arrived. Had no idea that it was left at my door. I am still trying to have my bank wire fee reimbursed. This is a theft of my time and it's ridiculous they expect me to cover the cost of this bank wire in this situation. Brilliant Earth should be confirming inventory before sending wire instructions and requesting a payment. I've been told by multiple people in this company to contact my bank. This is not the responsibility of my bank. There are many complaints about this company and I wish I would have heeded their warning. It would've saved me time, money, and stress.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I received my ring and one of the pave diamonds on the setting was missing completely. When I called them immediately after I saw this, I was told the process would take 3 wks, including a week long inspection of the ring. I had plans in place to purpose and wasn’t about to compromise them because of their complete lack of quality control, so I went to quick repair jewelry and paid $160 to complete the ring. No accountability and they nearly ruined the moment. I knew I was paying a 15-20% markup by going with them, I didn’t realize I would continue to pay for their lack of professionalism.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

My fiancé and I have made a purchase on the website and I would never recommend this company to anyone for your engagement ring purchase. We picked out a coloured diamond together that costed over $15,000. We made the purchase and was given a expected date. A week into the wait, my fiancé received a call informing him that it has been double sold, and the stone is no longer available. This was completely a mistake on Brilliant Earth’s side. Given this level of error that is core to their business, I doubt they will be at all able to uphold any other promises (like sourcing and tracing ethically mined diamonds).

We were forced with a choice and we chose to go with a worse diamond that looked similar. We stressed and called back to emphasize that this ring needed to arrive before a certain date for our engagement photos. The rep on the phone promised it was not a problem. Fast forward now, the worse replacement ring did not arrive on time. We are faced with not even having a worse engagement ring for our engagement photos. Lots of emotions were stirred up and I would never, ever recommend this company to anyone. The lack of basic professionalism for their profession (keeping track of diamonds) and lack of reliability (not meeting promised delivery times for time sensitive items) makes them a terrible choice for anyone.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Terrible service, did not do anything when I advised them that I needed them to hold my package and wait to ship it since I was out of town, and refused to provide any resolution for my missing package (which was their fault). Do not buy from Brilliant Earth!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Silver Flair Cuff Bracelet, SKU: BE5D190-S, $375.00. I could live with the fact that it looked better in the picture, but when one of the diamonds fell out after 6th time I wore the bracelet, and Brilliant Earth said they have a jewelry repair department- really, I am going to put more money into this tiny piece of crap? In my opinion you are better going to a local small shop to buy jewelry.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I really liked just how patient everyone here is, as well as kind. The staff knows their product inside out. Finding what we were looking for was real easy. I'm so very impressed with the whole experience.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Incredibly disappointed. My wife’s engagement ring band snapped out of the blue. I read various reviews of others having the same problem. I went through all warranty documentation and past emails of how much they “stand by their product” and are “committed to the quality” of their rings …. only to receive a phone call that they “found a scratch” (not even where the rings snapped) and therefore my options are to 1. Pay for repairs that, as stated, would only be their best effort or 2. Purchase a new setting!

I had so many issues at the time of purchase with them not having my original diamond available and then delays in production, etc., if I had more time for the planned proposal I would have canceled it and gone elsewhere. In hindsight I wish I had lost the money on my proposal instead because this ring costs THOUSANDS and within 2 years it’s broken. My wife is a nurse and hardly ever wears the ring…. cannot believe we are dealing with this type of service and product quality from a company that claims to have such high standards and quality. Please don’t make the same mistake I made and do not purchase a ring from them!!!

Original review: June 23, 2021

Been looking for the right ring for my girl for a while and found it here. The whole buying process was simple and easy. Customizing the ring to look just right was equally as easy. Brilliant Earth is a great place to find the perfect ring.

Original review: June 1, 2021

The amount of options is really amazing. Filtering options are amazing. It's easy to find what you're looking for. Also if you're ever feeling overwhelmed, the customer service is top class. Answered all my questions happily.

Original review: May 21, 2021

The site is just so well made. Quick and easy to customize the ring you're looking for. Was on the fence about spending so much money on something I haven't seen in person, but the end result is I couldn't be happier with my ring!

Original review: May 10, 2021

As far as I am concerned my fiancé had a good experience buying the ring. Brilliant Earth was super helpful in helping him pick and build it. My issue lies within their lifetime warranty. I've had the ring for about 6 months when one of the smaller diamonds fell out of the halo. I take very good care of my ring - don't wear it when working out, or in the shower etc, but to replace the diamond is costing me over 250 dollars and is not covered by the warranty. The ring is not even a year old.

They did not explain this warranty very well when buying the ring. I'm not exactly sure what their warranty covers, I understand a lifetime warranty cannot cover diamonds falling out for its entirety but with the ring being less than a year old, I expected a little more than having to pay out of pocket. My advice would be to make sure they review their lifetime warranty with you in depth before purchasing any jewelry. I am not happy with their service on this and know after doing some research to take it elsewhere to be fixed.

Resolution response: May 7, 2021

Problem was resolved! I was able to get in touch with the customer service manager. She was very helpful and prompt in response, and communicated with me that the processing was delayed because the system blocked the request somehow. She was able to get it processed for me manually!

Original review: May 6, 2021

First of all, let me start by saying we have purchased our engagement rings from Brilliant Earth and we do love the rings and experience working with the sales agent in Philly was good.. BUT...Their refer-a-friend system is completely non-existing! We referred a friend to buy from them. But a week later, we still haven't received our $100 credit as BE promises. We reached out first and then our friend called them FOUR times, and each time their customer-service agents assured that this should be resolved within 24 hours. It was never resolved and even worse, my friend never got any updates from them. The last time my friend called, the agent told him that this time they would be really serious about it and followed up in 24 hours. Obviously no one followed up…

Feeling very bad about making our friend calling over and over again, we called them again demanding an explanation and speaking with their manager. Spent 50 minutes with the customer service, and all we got was “the manager is not available and will call you back”; “we are working on this and will call you back in 24 hours”. Of course no response at all! Our problem may not be comparable to others' negative experience with BE, since it’s just $100 anyway. But our experience again showed that the company does not really care about the customers after they got your money, consistent with other’s reviews! Their sales team might be okay but their customer service team is just really good at and comfortable with LYING in your face! Please think twice before you purchase from them.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Hands down the best price I found for the ring I was looking for. Finding the ring was a piece of cake with the website being so easy to navigate. Was my first time making a purchase like this and I found it easy.

Original review: April 2, 2021

My husband gave me diamond earrings for our 10 year anniversary. He purchased them from Brilliant Earth after doing a lot of research. The earrings that we got had a very cheap looking setting so I wanted to exchange it for a better looking one. Paid $400 extra for the setting which came out to be different from the picture on their website and came with wrong posts. Upset by it, contacted customer service. After going back and forth and no apology they agreed to change setting to a basic one and refund me $400 back. Received earrings with wrong mismatched posts! And no refund. Had to contact them again and again to receive the refund for the price difference and still waiting on them to resolve wrong posts. After 3 months going back and forth with them, I was not able to wear the gift my husband gave me. To say how frustrating and unprofessional BE has been is to say nothing.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Staff know their stuff. Real helpful in helping me find just what I wanted. Great experience. Price was good, shipping was quick. Would recommend to anyone looking to buy high quality jewelry that's ethically sourced.

Original review: March 2, 2021

With a great selection from modern to classic the options are wonderful. Many types of jewelry to choose from as well. Was able to find more than one item I like and I know I'll be back to buy them sooner or later!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

We thought it was a good idea at the time. They market themselves as the new upset to the traditional brick-and-mortar jewelry market. We have had nothing but issues and frustrations. The engagement ring is discoloured. The wedding band lost a gemstone after just a few months of regular wear and tear. And, we were supposed to a receive a gift with the purchase of both the engagement ring and the wedding band and never did for either, after following up several times. Customer service has been wildly unhelpful. Save yourself the time and effort and go to an actual jeweler. The company is a joke.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I cannot recommend Brilliant Earth. I have tried to purchase a ring with them twice with the “build your own jewelry”. Both times I called to confirm shipment would be that day (for next day delivery). Both times it was confirmed by the representatives my package was ready and will arrive the next day. I rearranged my work schedule to accommodate shipment as it was signature required. Again, the representatives confirmed shipment was going out. Both days of arrival no product.

After not receiving the product I canceled the order to start over. Giving Brilliant Earth the benefit of the doubt I chose to order another ring of greater value. I paid to have it overnighted with FedEx. Again, I called to confirm shipment. Again, was assured it was at FedEx and will be arriving the next day. Again, no product. What is even worse is both times not one person contacted me from Brilliant Earth to tell me it had not shipped. I waited and finally contacted them. Of course, nobody had any answers! Nobody knew why it had not shipped. Nobody took accountability for not contacting me. No emails. No phone calls. Just Ghosted.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

As a novice jewelry buyer, I was hesitant to buy online without seeing the product in person. After doing my research, speaking with customer service, and the detailed pictures off the site, I decided to go for it! Happy with my purchase and I'm telling all my friends about it.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Overall had a good shopping experience at the showroom. Never felt pressured in any way, and all my questions were answered. I found their website equally good, but I like to see something in person before I buy. These guys know their stuff!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

With our 5 year anniversary coming up I turned to Brilliant Earth for a unique gift. Was easy to find with the vast selection and quality. Website is very easy to navigate, found a few things I know my wife would like so I know where to shop when I need another gift. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

The filtering options are great and made finding what I wanted super easy. Found great gift options for many people in my family. Transaction was easy enough and I received my order pretty quick. Real happy about this.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

My wife found the perfect ring for her thanks to the website. It's very easy to find what you're looking for, and the quality of images and videos really helps to see every little detail. This helped a lot and made the transaction all the more smooth.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

If you’re in the market for a ring for a loved one, I'd recommend Brilliant Earth, the assistance I received from the staff was amazing, guiding me to decide from what settings, to what diamond and even what can be done with them in the future! Price is fair with an endless selection of diamonds to choose from regardless of budget.

Resolution response: Nov. 12, 2020

After some back and forth and visiting the showroom, they acknowledged that they gave us the wrong ring and it split on the resizing fracture line. They are letting us pay the difference to upgrade the ring to platinum in the style that we originally ordered. It took a while, but happy they finally came around to provide good customer service.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

We ordered my husband's band online using the ring size. The ring delivered was the wrong size (not what we ordered), however since it was so close to our ceremony, we used the ring for the ceremony and then took it in to the BE showroom to get it sized by BE. When we received the ring after the resizing at BE it was still wrong, so we sent it in to be resized it again (2nd time). The ring that was sent back to us was NOT THE SAME RING. The ring we ordered was the 18K White Gold 6mm Mojave Wedding. The ring we have now in our posession is the 18K White Gold 6mm Matte Mojave Wedding, which is not what we ordered or what my husband wants (the finish gets scratched easily)... also upset that the ring we have is not the same ring we used in our ceremony for symbolic reasons.

On top of that, he's only worn the ring for 1 month and the ring BROKE!! Literally just snapped randomly. He's a student so he studies all day, takes it off for showers, there is no way this is from normal wear and tear after 1 month. I've discussed this with BE customer service but they refuse to believe that it's possible they sent the wrong ring back to us, even though I've sent photos to prove what ring we had at our ceremony vs. the ring we have now. All we want is our original ring back, or at least a replacement to get what we ordered.

Brilliant Earth Company Information