2. Shopping
  3. Jewelry Stores

4.0/5 (169 ratings)

About Brilliant Earth

Brilliant Earth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth?

Original review: July 6, 2021

Incredibly disappointed. My wife’s engagement ring band snapped out of the blue. I read various reviews of others having the same problem. I went through all warranty documentation and past emails of how much they “stand by their product” and are “committed to the quality” of their rings …. only to receive a phone call that they “found a scratch” (not even where the rings snapped) and therefore my options are to 1. Pay for repairs that, as stated, would only be their best effort or 2. Purchase a new setting!

I had so many issues at the time of purchase with them not having my original diamond available and then delays in production, etc., if I had more time for the planned proposal I would have canceled it and gone elsewhere. In hindsight I wish I had lost the money on my proposal instead because this ring costs THOUSANDS and within 2 years it’s broken. My wife is a nurse and hardly ever wears the ring…. cannot believe we are dealing with this type of service and product quality from a company that claims to have such high standards and quality. Please don’t make the same mistake I made and do not purchase a ring from them!!!

Original review: June 23, 2021

Been looking for the right ring for my girl for a while and found it here. The whole buying process was simple and easy. Customizing the ring to look just right was equally as easy. Brilliant Earth is a great place to find the perfect ring.

Original review: June 1, 2021

The amount of options is really amazing. Filtering options are amazing. It's easy to find what you're looking for. Also if you're ever feeling overwhelmed, the customer service is top class. Answered all my questions happily.

Original review: May 21, 2021

The site is just so well made. Quick and easy to customize the ring you're looking for. Was on the fence about spending so much money on something I haven't seen in person, but the end result is I couldn't be happier with my ring!

Original review: May 10, 2021

As far as I am concerned my fiancé had a good experience buying the ring. Brilliant Earth was super helpful in helping him pick and build it. My issue lies within their lifetime warranty. I've had the ring for about 6 months when one of the smaller diamonds fell out of the halo. I take very good care of my ring - don't wear it when working out, or in the shower etc, but to replace the diamond is costing me over 250 dollars and is not covered by the warranty. The ring is not even a year old.

They did not explain this warranty very well when buying the ring. I'm not exactly sure what their warranty covers, I understand a lifetime warranty cannot cover diamonds falling out for its entirety but with the ring being less than a year old, I expected a little more than having to pay out of pocket. My advice would be to make sure they review their lifetime warranty with you in depth before purchasing any jewelry. I am not happy with their service on this and know after doing some research to take it elsewhere to be fixed.

Resolution response: May 7, 2021

Problem was resolved! I was able to get in touch with the customer service manager. She was very helpful and prompt in response, and communicated with me that the processing was delayed because the system blocked the request somehow. She was able to get it processed for me manually!

Original review: May 6, 2021

First of all, let me start by saying we have purchased our engagement rings from Brilliant Earth and we do love the rings and experience working with the sales agent in Philly was good.. BUT...Their refer-a-friend system is completely non-existing! We referred a friend to buy from them. But a week later, we still haven't received our $100 credit as BE promises. We reached out first and then our friend called them FOUR times, and each time their customer-service agents assured that this should be resolved within 24 hours. It was never resolved and even worse, my friend never got any updates from them. The last time my friend called, the agent told him that this time they would be really serious about it and followed up in 24 hours. Obviously no one followed up…

Feeling very bad about making our friend calling over and over again, we called them again demanding an explanation and speaking with their manager. Spent 50 minutes with the customer service, and all we got was “the manager is not available and will call you back”; “we are working on this and will call you back in 24 hours”. Of course no response at all! Our problem may not be comparable to others' negative experience with BE, since it’s just $100 anyway. But our experience again showed that the company does not really care about the customers after they got your money, consistent with other’s reviews! Their sales team might be okay but their customer service team is just really good at and comfortable with LYING in your face! Please think twice before you purchase from them.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Hands down the best price I found for the ring I was looking for. Finding the ring was a piece of cake with the website being so easy to navigate. Was my first time making a purchase like this and I found it easy.

Original review: April 2, 2021

My husband gave me diamond earrings for our 10 year anniversary. He purchased them from Brilliant Earth after doing a lot of research. The earrings that we got had a very cheap looking setting so I wanted to exchange it for a better looking one. Paid $400 extra for the setting which came out to be different from the picture on their website and came with wrong posts. Upset by it, contacted customer service. After going back and forth and no apology they agreed to change setting to a basic one and refund me $400 back. Received earrings with wrong mismatched posts! And no refund. Had to contact them again and again to receive the refund for the price difference and still waiting on them to resolve wrong posts. After 3 months going back and forth with them, I was not able to wear the gift my husband gave me. To say how frustrating and unprofessional BE has been is to say nothing.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Staff know their stuff. Real helpful in helping me find just what I wanted. Great experience. Price was good, shipping was quick. Would recommend to anyone looking to buy high quality jewelry that's ethically sourced.

Original review: March 2, 2021

With a great selection from modern to classic the options are wonderful. Many types of jewelry to choose from as well. Was able to find more than one item I like and I know I'll be back to buy them sooner or later!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

We thought it was a good idea at the time. They market themselves as the new upset to the traditional brick-and-mortar jewelry market. We have had nothing but issues and frustrations. The engagement ring is discoloured. The wedding band lost a gemstone after just a few months of regular wear and tear. And, we were supposed to a receive a gift with the purchase of both the engagement ring and the wedding band and never did for either, after following up several times. Customer service has been wildly unhelpful. Save yourself the time and effort and go to an actual jeweler. The company is a joke.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I cannot recommend Brilliant Earth. I have tried to purchase a ring with them twice with the “build your own jewelry”. Both times I called to confirm shipment would be that day (for next day delivery). Both times it was confirmed by the representatives my package was ready and will arrive the next day. I rearranged my work schedule to accommodate shipment as it was signature required. Again, the representatives confirmed shipment was going out. Both days of arrival no product.

After not receiving the product I canceled the order to start over. Giving Brilliant Earth the benefit of the doubt I chose to order another ring of greater value. I paid to have it overnighted with FedEx. Again, I called to confirm shipment. Again, was assured it was at FedEx and will be arriving the next day. Again, no product. What is even worse is both times not one person contacted me from Brilliant Earth to tell me it had not shipped. I waited and finally contacted them. Of course, nobody had any answers! Nobody knew why it had not shipped. Nobody took accountability for not contacting me. No emails. No phone calls. Just Ghosted.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

As a novice jewelry buyer, I was hesitant to buy online without seeing the product in person. After doing my research, speaking with customer service, and the detailed pictures off the site, I decided to go for it! Happy with my purchase and I'm telling all my friends about it.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Overall had a good shopping experience at the showroom. Never felt pressured in any way, and all my questions were answered. I found their website equally good, but I like to see something in person before I buy. These guys know their stuff!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

With our 5 year anniversary coming up I turned to Brilliant Earth for a unique gift. Was easy to find with the vast selection and quality. Website is very easy to navigate, found a few things I know my wife would like so I know where to shop when I need another gift. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

The filtering options are great and made finding what I wanted super easy. Found great gift options for many people in my family. Transaction was easy enough and I received my order pretty quick. Real happy about this.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

My wife found the perfect ring for her thanks to the website. It's very easy to find what you're looking for, and the quality of images and videos really helps to see every little detail. This helped a lot and made the transaction all the more smooth.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

If you’re in the market for a ring for a loved one, I'd recommend Brilliant Earth, the assistance I received from the staff was amazing, guiding me to decide from what settings, to what diamond and even what can be done with them in the future! Price is fair with an endless selection of diamonds to choose from regardless of budget.

Resolution response: Nov. 12, 2020

After some back and forth and visiting the showroom, they acknowledged that they gave us the wrong ring and it split on the resizing fracture line. They are letting us pay the difference to upgrade the ring to platinum in the style that we originally ordered. It took a while, but happy they finally came around to provide good customer service.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

We ordered my husband's band online using the ring size. The ring delivered was the wrong size (not what we ordered), however since it was so close to our ceremony, we used the ring for the ceremony and then took it in to the BE showroom to get it sized by BE. When we received the ring after the resizing at BE it was still wrong, so we sent it in to be resized it again (2nd time). The ring that was sent back to us was NOT THE SAME RING. The ring we ordered was the 18K White Gold 6mm Mojave Wedding. The ring we have now in our posession is the 18K White Gold 6mm Matte Mojave Wedding, which is not what we ordered or what my husband wants (the finish gets scratched easily)... also upset that the ring we have is not the same ring we used in our ceremony for symbolic reasons.

On top of that, he's only worn the ring for 1 month and the ring BROKE!! Literally just snapped randomly. He's a student so he studies all day, takes it off for showers, there is no way this is from normal wear and tear after 1 month. I've discussed this with BE customer service but they refuse to believe that it's possible they sent the wrong ring back to us, even though I've sent photos to prove what ring we had at our ceremony vs. the ring we have now. All we want is our original ring back, or at least a replacement to get what we ordered.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Super easy to find matching wedding and engagement rings on their website. The selection and quality are fantastic. Very detailed images and videos of all their products are of the highest quality. I will recommend to friends!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Great options and great customer service. I called with a couple of question and the lady that answered the phone answered all my questions to the fullest. Super friendly as well as polite! Great job!

Resolution response: Sept. 16, 2020

Rueben reached out to me and is more than happy to work with us. This was all I ever asked for and I'm happy we got our issues resolved.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I cannot express my disappointment enough. I am actually very sad to have to write this review, as I believe my overall ring is beautiful, and BE has a great inventory. However, their customer service and policies are awful. My fiance received my ring on August 19th, so our 30 day returns would end on September 16th. This was confirmed to us by the customer service agent we spoke to several times. With that being said, there is some windowing issues with my stone, which is why we wanted to return in the first place. At this time, we were very pleased with Brilliant Earth, so we simply wanted to exchange the diamond for a new one. We emailed customer service, and were emailed back by one of their jewelry consultants. This is when the experience starts trending down.

First of all, she told us that the dead spot I was seeing was due to inclusions, even though my ring is VS1 and I can very clearly see that the issue is with the cut. Second, I asked for pictures of other diamonds, and the consultant told us this would take a few days, but she would be happy to request them. Great. This would have been fine, however, after waiting 3 days, I was sent a screenshot straight from their website. Why did it take 3 days to send a picture I already had access to? Not to mention, this was 3 days that were wasted in our "30" day countdown. I say "30" in quotations, because you simply do not have 30 days at all.

As stated earlier, I was told the last day to return my ring was the 16th, and have proof via email. I called yesterday, the 15th, to start the return process, as we had NO luck being helped to find a diamond to exchange, and we were absolutely blindsided. Their customer service told us that we actually only had until the 9th to START the return process, because they need the ring in their possession by the 16th, so there was actually nothing we can do.

This especially makes me angry because we were in contact with our consultant on the 9th and NOTHING was mentioned about that being our last day to return, and at this time, she was still emailing us about diamonds in their inventory and waiting for photos we requested to be sent. Why would you still be helping us find a diamond to exchange if it was too late at this point? Why not give us a heads up that the pictures she requests will not be sent in time for us to exchange, so maybe we should just return?

Back to the phone call, I was told that the "possession" rule was explicitly stated in their policy, but it simply is not, and I do not appreciate being made to feel stupid. "If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it within 30 days for an exchange or full refund." At any other company, returning within 30 days means you can start the return process on the 30th day. Furthermore, if it was stated ANYWHERE that the ring had to be in their possession by the 16th, we would have returned it weeks ago, but me and my fiance are both in college. I am in pharmacy school, so I trusted that I would not have to take time out of my busy week to return the ring, and could do so when it was convenient to me. Sadly, this was not the case, and now I am stuck with a ring that I am not 100% pleased with from a company I will never trust again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

In July 2020, I purchased a ring from them to propose to my girlfriend. After the successful proposal (YAY!), my fiance began having rashes and allergy issues. Come to find out, she is allergic to the nickel that is in the ring which is news to us. We had about 6 days left within our return window, so we reached out to BE's customer support.

Here's where it gets very interesting. It was a Monday -- my 30-day return window expires the following Sunday. The customer support individual says they can get me a return label processed but it may take up to 24-48 hours for me to get the return label. Then, as soon as I get the label, I can ship the ring back to them. If it arrives after Sunday (despite being shipped with their label back to them within my 30 day return window), they cannot guarantee to process the return. They did say they would have to get manager approval to approve the return if that is the case, but are you really serious??

First of all, if it takes you 24-48 hours to get me a return label, that is not my problem and should not eat away and penalize me in terms of my return window. Secondly, if I mail it and the postal service takes longer to deliver it and it isn't there on Sunday due to no fault of my own, that's apparently MY fault and will potentially cost me the return?

Why can't they just guarantee the return window if I mail it off within my 30 day window back to them? Why is that so hard? Either way, this rubbed us the complete wrong way so instead of trying to do an exchange, we just told them to process a full refund. I got my money back after about 3 weeks, thank God. I would stay away from them. Buy from a mom and pop store instead, it isn't worth the headache.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I love supporting local and especially when they give back to local charities and have ethical diamonds. I felt good about spending so much and supporting an American brand. Keep up the good work Brilliant Earth!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Always a pleasure walking into this store. Whether being greeted by the manager or the staff, we are always welcomed with a big smile and they are eager to help you. I’ve shopped here on more than one occasion and have always been happy with the service and my purchases.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I just received my fianceé’s ring in the mail and it is just as stunning as I can remember from the website. It arrived ahead of the expected delivery date and the box even has a nice light on the inside to really make the ring shine when she first opens it. I called them when I was making the order because I really wasn’t sure on sizing, and they reassured me I wouldn’t have any issues having it resized should need be. Great service and really nice quality.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I recently bought my sister a bracelet for her wedding day because she wanted something very special and rose gold which is generally hard to find. I stumbled across Brilliant Earths website and found that they had a lot of very special pieces similar to what I was looking for. Being an older man, I have no idea what is trendy, so I had to call in for some additional advice. The agent was very kind and knowledgeable. She helped me narrow down my search and found the perfect item. She didn’t try to upsell me or have be pick the most expensive item either. Overall very pleased with their service and products.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

My girlfriend kept mentioning how she wanted a “Princess Cut” ring... I had no idea what that was. Thankfully, Brilliant Earth offers a customize your own ring option and I was able to choose the perfect ring — and cut, very easily! Thanks for helping me out.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I’ve been shopping at Brilliant Earth for years and have bought many gifts for my wife and also for my mother and mother-in-law. I can always find what I’m looking for and the service is just amazing. It’s a big hit with me for sure.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Sent in an item for repair and it was all handled super quickly. I will definitely be going to their website the next time I’m shopping for a gift for my wife. I loved my experience with Brilliant Earth.

Brilliant Earth Company Information