2. Shopping

Bloomingdale's

4.0/5 (422 ratings)

About Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdale's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdales?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Bought a pair of shoes online for my husband. They charged me the price online but when I received them, there was a sticker on the bottom showing that they were $100 cheaper than what they charged me. I called and asked them to honor the correct price but they said no.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I ordered over 5000 dollars of items for vacation which never arrived. They refuse to assist me and make a report. Their CSR are horrible and mocked me. I want my money back and they won’t help. They say, "We can’t do anything about missing items. " What kind of business is this? Do I have to do a lawsuit to get my funds back?

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I have noticed that the packaging of orders is terrible and the customer service representatives are illiterate and cannot speak English properly. Further, there must be a problem with shipping and billing because the store sent me two shipments of bedding (I only ordered one shipment) and I have been waiting over a month to get my money back after they acknowledged that the returns were received. I have since reported this to my bank. Oh, and did I mention I cannot even get into my account because of their tech issues? I hope the store folds.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I am a college student. I ordered a scanpan set during March 2020 amid covid. Bloomingdale's sent me the wrong set and instead of sending the pieces that I ordered I got a extra small sauce pan in lieu of a frying pan, which looked used. A year later the nonstick coating started chipping away and scanpan is supposed to be made with ceramic titanium coating. Initially after receiving my incorrect set, I tried calling and emailing. No answer. When I made my way to a department store (after being closed due to covid), I was told that the time to return items had passed. The employees also did know the difference between a saute pan and a frying pan and told me that I got exactly what I ordered and it took me showing them pictures to prove otherwise. If this is the service and customer care that a luxury store gives, go somewhere else. I now stick to Amazon. When I call or email, Amazon will return my call or email.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Tried to buy a pair of Valentino online. My size is always not available however I found that it was so I immediately tried to purchase them. Well. It was one of the most frustrating experiences. Couldn’t get into my account and tried to reset the password, Unable to get the link with repeated requests. Finally requested live chat. The first person promised to help and will hang around to make sure, gets disconnected and still no link. 3 hours later contacted again. Another person the exact same thing.

Finally I complained and a supervisor came on to help. Well he says he can order for me without getting to my account and guess what. All sold out. I am so upset by then and he tells me I shouldn’t expect a reserved item to be available. I blew my gasket. I told him I didn’t reserve anything. I have been trying to buy them. He then said he will send me the link to set my password and sure enough nothing. They had Indian names. Bloomingdale's need to fire whoever is in charge of online orders, accounts and customer help. There are other online retailers who make it so easy to buy, I never leave reviews but this was ridiculous.

Resolution response: May 29, 2021

Over the last 2 weeks I've connected to an amazing ethical and efficient woman in the EXECUTIVE offices that has helped me tremendously and she has restored my faith in this company and Amex. Company needs to give this lady a promotion, raise and an award for best employee. She dedicated to getting to the root of the problem. Took a lot of effort but the silver lining is that the problem was resolved thanks to her investigative efforts. I can now say I 100 % recommend this card and Bloomingdale's to everyone! Amazing job Donna S. Thank you for all your efforts and sincere concern. Great asset to this company.

Original review: May 21, 2021

Was approved for this card on 4/16. End of the month I called customer service to inquire about whereabouts of original 1st card and why it's not arriving in mail. Over 10 to 14 business days later. START TO CONTACT SUPPORT & speak with 16 (sixteen) representatives & supervisors. All giving me the wrong information. No one really solving issues. 4 different cards were sent out and not 1 (one) was delivered to my address. Told it was gonna be 2 day expedition of delivery 2 times and that didnt happen at all.  Never received any cards. After a month and half of struggling for answers and getting the wrong information and being told to wait. Some representatives telling me that it is coming in a plain white envelope others telling me it's coming FedEx or UPS.

OVER a month of waiting and inquiring and no answers or explanation. I was forced to close this account. Due to fact of internal investigation and mismanagement and disappearances of all 4 cards. No answers or zero support from the representatives and continually attempting to contact them for answers. Hours on top of hours spent calling waiting on hold. EXPLAINING the same situation to 16 different people with NO SOLUTION and none giving me answers about the location of these 4 cards and most giving me attitude and rushing me off the phone. Forced to close and to do was cancel and not deal with liability since no employee could give me clarification or take accountability.

Also this is affecting my credit because it's being reported INACCURATE to credit bureau. 4 cards 16 representatives and supervisors could NOT resolve this matter. I was forced to close. I want answers and I need this to be properly handled and not hurt my credit. I did nothing wrong. I applied for this card, got approved and waited for it to arrive.... Unbeknownst to me this happened and it's an internal problem should not be mine. All days I contacted customer service: April 16, April 19, April 29, May 3, May 7, May 10, May 13, May 16, May 18, May 19, May 20, 16 (sixteen) representatives & supervisors. No answers. All recorded conversations and no type follow up from any supervisor or any type of concern about this situation. 4 cards floating out there.. Forces me to close account due to lack of proper efficiency of service and lack of follow up from this company. UNFAIR. Bad business/

5/19 after 40 minutes of waiting I spoke with Ed - a supervisor - only SUPERVISOR named Ed in Clearwater Florida works Sun thru Thursday 3 PM to 12am. Following day I called again, 5/20. Ed escalates it to Presidential status for investigation and he tells me they will contact me within 72 hours. He realizes that this situation is not typical and been going on too long. 5/19 Ed advises me to contact him and do so if card does not arrive. 5/20 He tells me that 4 cards were issued on these dates: April 21 account 1 original, May 10 account 1 replacement, May 14 account 2 after they cancelled acct 1, May 18 account 2 replacement. 4 cards without my knowledge. Should of been 2 - original card and then a replacement.

I was NEVER once offered CERTIFIED MAIL or any form of delivery to ensure and track delivery of credit cards. I had to keep on calling and explaining this over and over again with no type of solution or CONCERN. Never have issues receiving my mail and have lived in this location for years. This company needs to figure out how to close this card and stop hurting my credit.

Resolution response: April 11, 2021

UPDATE: FINALLY a month later, Bloomingdales did the right thing and refunded my money.

Original review: April 6, 2021

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING ONLINE FROM BLOOMINGDALES!!! Bloomingdales calls me one of their Top of the Line retail customers, and I will no longer be purchasing anything from Bloomingdales. I made the fatal mistake of buying an expensive pair of earrings online for an event that has long passed. I purchased a pair of Marco Bicego London Blue Topaz drop earrings from Bloomingdales for $2430 plus tax. They sent me the wrong earrings, a pair of pearl earrings. I immediately called and complained and sent in a return order form. They said the earrings were in stock and I'd receive them in 2 - 3 days. Then they sent me a UPS mailing label which I affixed to a package and shipped the pearl earrings back. They sent me a letter saying I would get the Marco Bicego London Blue drop earrings within 7 days. They did not come. Since then I have phoned and written to customer service repeatedly.

It's been almost a month and still I have not received the earrings or gotten my money back. And the last phone call I had I was told they were not going to reimburse me for their mistake, nor were they going to send me the replacement earrings. After waiting to receive the earrings as promised I contacted Bloomingdales again. Since then I've contacted them repeatedly. They responded to send the shipping tracking information for the pearl earrings even though they sent me the shipping label. I went online to the email they had sent me and got the tracking number from that and sent it to Bloomingdales. No response. So I contacted them again. Once again they sent the same request for tracing information so I sent them a picture of it. Nothing. Then I called two times and both times they asked again for my shipping label. I again gave them the tracking information they sent me.

Now they say the UPS never logged it in so they won't give me my money back and they won't ship me my earrings. Wait, I did everything exactly as they told me to. I affixed the label they sent me to the box and dropped it off at UPS. I have no control of what happens at UPS, and I trusted the label Bloomingdales sent me would get the wrong earrings they shipped to me returned to them as directed. I trusted they would send me the earrings in 2 - 3 days as promised, I trusted again they would ship me the earrings in 7 days as promised.

Now a month later they say too bad, we made a mistake, sent you the wrong earrings, despite you paying us for the Marco Bicego London Blue Topaz earrings, we are not going to send them to you. We can't find the pearl earrings and you're out of luck? Bloomingdales has treated me rudely and unprofessionally and worse they have pocketed my money and did not deliver the earrings I ordered as promised. I will NEVER order online from Bloomingdales again, nor will I shop with them ever again.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I opened a credit card with Bloomingdale's and was looking forward to become a loyal customer, but that will not happen. I ordered a stroller for a certain price and applied a 15% coupon on my purchase while placing the order on phone, which took long time, but that was fine, I understand it can take time. Two days after the purchase, stroller price dropped, and I was hoping that they can honor their 10 day policy for price drop.

I contacted them and one of the customer representative told me on chat that yes they will adjust the price and I should receive the email in 24 hrs. that will have the confirmation and state that. Easy right!? NO, the same person right after he made that statement within seconds tell me after I asked him, what is the price refund I should be expecting, said, "No. We cannot make the price adjustment." I am still stunned and shocked, and I did try their phone customer service and email but I got same response that they cannot make that adjustment. This is just plain the worst experience that I ever had with a store. I guess they just don't value their customers.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I always shop from Bloomingdales especially from SANDRO, MAJE brand department, today was one of my common shopping days and went to get some items. So I asked this girl Nicki to help out with some items and sizes. She was very unprofessional and very rude she has absolutely zero knowledge and she was totally useless. I cannot imagine how this huge company can hire this kind of people and present to customers as PROFESSIONALS!!!! She was very rude and she was rushing me a lot so I can leave/ I went to store at 6:40 pm and it was 20 mins till closing, so I had time to check up on items, and plus I am very quick and once I walk in I already know what I want so I don’t waste time.

Long story short She brought my items to register and as they didn’t have my sizes in stock she had to order them and I had 2 items she did one of them and I asked to wave the shipping fee she said she doesn’t know how to do it, how can she be working on that department if she doesn’t even know how to process multiple items at the same time and plus doesn’t know how to wave the shipping fee!!! And the funniest part is when she didn’t finished processing the check out she told me that I CAN GO ONLINE AND ORDER MYSELF WHATEVER ITEMS I WAS TRYING TO PURCHASE CUZ THEY ARE CLOSING SOON!!! I am very disappointed and honestly I hope no one asks for her help cuz she’s absolutely useless and she is VERY RUDE AND HAS THE WORST ATTITUDE EVER!!! She doesn’t belong there!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I am so sad to see Bloomingdale's behaving in such a fraudulent manner! I made a high value purchase that qualified me for a $300 gift card. I received an e:mail congratulating me for receiving a $300 gift card. Gift card never arrived but I assumed that it was registered to my account and went shopping. There was no gift card on my account, I was put on a phone call with Loyalty Help Line. I was on the phone close to an hour, after which I was told that they cannot help me.

After a week or so, I called again and was on the phone close to two hours, passed over from one department to the other, who asked me the same questions again and again. At the end someone told me that the gift card had been mailed to me a few days before. Three weeks passed, still no gift card! I wrote them a lengthy message, explaining my problem, zero response.. Horrible, disgraceful, nothing you would expect from such a reputable company! Think twice before buying anything on a promotion..

Bloomingdale's Company Information