3.55/5

151 Bloomingdale's Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

I've been a loyal customer for over 19 yrs. I recently order items online for a birthday present with 2-day delivery. 1st package arrived on time. The 2nd one never showed, after 7 days of not showing up I called and was told the order was sent back to the sender. NO ONE IN THE ENTIRE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT COULD ANSWER why this was taking place. I spent over 2 hours trying to figure out what happened to no avail.

Finally was told that I would have the order overnighted to me. Then after getting transferred to Alex rep # ** who was very rude and incompetent told me the items were no longer available and there was nothing they could do. So after 7 days from when I ordered and paid for my items they tell me that I will not be receiving them!! No one tried to take ownership of the issue and resolve it, just bounced me from one inept representative to another~~ Cancelling my account after 19 years! No one should have to deal with this ABHORRENT customer service!!!

Original review: June 18, 2019

1.Bought 2 pairs of Gucci at the store 2. Received $200 reward card (should have been $250) 3. Realized bought them with the wrong credit card (for mileage points) 4. Purchased same 2 pairs online ‘cause wanted the mileage point (large amount) AND used my $200 reward. All good so far! One pair of shoes was cancelled due to back-order but received the other. Problem started when I went to return the original shoes (still wanted to keep the one that was cancelled online). When they got returned, YES I know they should take back the $200 reward I used HOWEVER, they took $250 (what I should have gotten to begin with) and credit me back MY OWN MONEY less what I should have gotten. Promising me that I get that back in reward "money".

Customer service was the worst experience though!! The cashier girl got it however manager got back to me only a a week later while a supervisor from MIAMI on the phone was a complete unprofessional thinking he's right when he has no clue what he is talking about! Not to mentioned RUDE! Telling me they have to take $250 ‘cause that’s what I was supposed to get, BUT I DIDN’T (I have proofs and receipts) and think if he keeps telling me that that's the rewards rules (thief!) when I tell him I do not care for the rewards. ‘Cause if I have to return these shoes now Bloomingdale will take my point first (that I earned from any other spending) then give me the rest the way I purchased it. SCAM in broad daylight!!

I ended up spending more on the shoes ‘cause they didn't give me my own money back and I lost the 200 cash reward ‘cause of the return, and now I can’t return the shoes if I don’t want them ‘cause I’m going to lose money to Bloomingdale's! I want my money back! But if I return these shoes I will end up owing them money and NO SHOES!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Worst experience with the new rewards program. They are actually making money out of customers. I had 0 points on my account. I recently purchased a dress worth 320 dollars, earned 10,000 points and hence 50 dollars rewards card (which I haven't even used). Week later I went back to return the dress as it didn't fit right. GUESS WHAT?! I got 289 dollars back, 10, 000 points were detected from my account and 50 dollars card was nullified. So Bloomingdale's made 31 dollars in profit. And I walked away with 31 dollars less back to me. The lady on the cash register had no clue about it. When I spoke to the customer service help line, they were super rude, and didn't really care about what I was trying to tell her or about the fact that I would NEVER like to shop at Bloomingdale's again.

Original review: June 3, 2019

On 5/3/19 I ordered a jumpsuit to wear to my son's High School graduation. I received the order but it was a dress and was the wrong item number. On 5/15/19 I contacted the company via email and was told that my correct item would be submitted for reshipment. I was emailed a return sticker and I immediately returned the incorrect order. On 5/23/19 I then again contacted customer service (responding to the original email as instructed!) and asked if the reshipment had gone out yet because I needed it for graduation on 5/31.

The next response on 5/23/19 said that they couldn't find my order and I needed to send all info (name, address, phone number, order number, order date). I sent all of this information again and also included pictures of the attachments of all emails to customer service including pictures of the wrong items and correct items. I also expressed my total amazement that such a high end department store could be so inefficient. I have yet to receive any response to that last email. I did not ever receive the item I ordered and decided to spend almost $200 at another store with $12 express delivery to get another outfit for the graduation. THIS WAS MY FIRST ORDER FROM BLOOMINGDALE'S AND IT WILL BE THE LAST!

Original review: April 15, 2019

Those every 100 dollars spent you get $25 in rewards card does not work and you must call customer service every time. Live chat option is completely useless because they just all give you the customer service number. Loyalist rewards customer service is not available on weekends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdales?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I bought the Gucci Bee sneakers ($620) from bloomingdales.com. They arrived and opened immediately to try on, I hadn’t tried them at a store. Noticed they seemed 2 sizes too small. Tried finding the size labeled in the sneaker and I noticed the shoes were clearly worn. Bottom of shoe dirty, sole insert dirty and worn. I was appalled the store would send clearly used and dirty shoes to me. Immediately called their customer service and said I needed to exchange for unworn pair. I continued to look for the size in the shoe and that’s when I realized they weren’t just used, they were total FAKE Gucci replica. Not even a well done replica. These were SO glaringly fake there is no reason the store’s warehouse could have been fooled. If these were really good replica shoes, I may never have known I paid $620 for designer replica. I was furious.

Customer service girl apologized again and offered me $50 in my rewards account. That’s fine but the real issue here is HOW can bloomingdales.com let this pass their quality control? Obviously someone bought the real sneakers from bloomingdales.com and then they returned this fake pair to Bloomingdales.com. They got their $620 refund, kept the shoes and returned these. I’m sure lowlife crooks do this stuff all the time. Which is why there is no excuse for bloomingdales.com to not have better return intake checking the designer returns to make sure someone doesn’t return fake products and more importantly, that bloomingdales.com. doesn’t EVER send a customer fake products.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Never buy the WorryNoMore on your purchases. It's a total scam and Bloomingdale's customer service has to be the worst in the country. The voicemail never recognizes the entry so it either disconnects you or sends you to the wrong department. I spent $16,000 but I'LL never buy anything else ever again from any Bloomingdale's store. The absolute worst customer care I've ever encountered. They take your money, lie about their services and then give you no respect or answers while they push you from one department to the next. Beware... Spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

On Feb. 2 they have the Nespresso Inissia machine bundle listed prominently on their front webpage for $94.99. I thought that's a good deal so I added that item to my bag (cart), chose checkout, opened a new account with them, gave them all my information including D.O.B and address, enrolled in their Loyalist program by agreeing to be spammed, and after all that chores finally I was greeted with the message that "An item in your bag is no longer available, please remove it to continue the checkout process." What?! I thought the item was sold out during my lengthy checkout process, which took me a while. So I closed this window and returned to their front page to see that Nespresso Inissia bundle was still listed for sale.

I went through this purchase again and saw the same error at the end, and I finally realized that Bloomingdale's was selling non-existing item to trick me into providing them my personal information. I emailed their customer services telling them they shouldn't list items not available for sale, and their response was "sorry for the inconvenience, but our fulfillment inventory information wasn't linked to our website." I was amazed to ask myself what kind of online store is that??

Most sarcastically, they continued to send me 3 emails urging me to "finish the checkout process" for an item they don't have! What a joke, but it's not funny to me. My conclusion is if you don't want to waste your time and got your personal information involuntarily collected, don't buy from Bloomingdale's online store. If you go to their physical stores, at least you can see for sure if an item is in stock! My advice to Bloomingdale's is if you can't even reflect your inventory on your online store, please do the public a big favor by not operating your online store and wasting everybody's time.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

On 12/16/2018 I earned a $100 (loyalty card), I went to the store located in Aventura Mall to purchase a Fitbit watch for my daughter to give for Christmas. They're not in the store but the salesperson ordered for me online Reservation # ** for the amount of $85.56. I received the watch before Christmas. When I opened My surprise was the watch has been used, scratched. Immediately called Customer service and presented the situation. The representative's name Paola apology for the inconvenience and offered me to send me another and she send me the receipt via email in order to send the watch back. That was on 12/21/2018 9:32 am. After that call the only email that I received was the receipt. Days later I received a letter said “the merchandise listed is no longer available... We have not charge your account..." But the money in the card still missing... No any email explaining the status of my Money back.

I called again and explain the incident and the representative gently said the money will be back the next day in the same card. I asked him..."Are you sure if tomorrow I go to the store I have my money back?" He said, "Yes..." I went again to the store and guess what? The money wasn’t in my card. Was really annoying after I asked, no email, nothing. Since I was in the store the Natalia ** saw in the system and confirmed me that the watch was back to Bloomingdale's, but the money No. She called her supervisor Claudia ** who take time tried to helping with that situation, she made a call and she comunícate me soon I will receive another card with the amount of $85.56. I spoke with 3 different representatives...with different answers. Today 1/7/2019 still waiting for my money back. That was really bad experience, I did not expect something like that from Bloomingdale's.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes online to be picked up in Huntington, I checked the order before I went and it said not available. I called to have it switched to another store. They told me I would have to pay for them again and wait for a refund. I don't know who has an extra 120.00 lying around to do that. Why could I not just change stores. I had to cancel the order and not have a Christmas present for someone until the money is refunded.

Bloomingdale's Company Information