Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's

3.8/5 (220 ratings)

About Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdale's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdales?

Original review: April 11, 2022

I purchased a $530 Le Mer gift set in February 2022 as a Valentine's gift from my husband. I put it in my closet and took it out last week, the moisturizer was yellowed around the edges and had a finger stuck in it, the plastic lid that is between the lid and cream was gone, the wand for application was not included, the serum was also used the bottle did not look full. I was not allowed to speak to anyone in the states and was told to send it back "maybe" they would refund my payment. I will no longer shop with them, the customer service was awful and how am I not allowed to speak to a manager or anyone in the US.

The agent who helped me was very nice but honestly could not confirm anything - I tried an online chat and the agent disconnected when she was done - this is a high-end store and this was a large purchase, receiving used items and old items is not a very good imagine nor is the trying to get a person to help me - I will be cancelling my Bloomingdale's card after this. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I received a pair of SCHUTZ boots as a Christmas gift, although they were purchased Nov. 9th. Love the boots, but the toe area wore so badly after just a few wearings. I called Bloomingdale's service number. They told me there was nothing they could do since it was after their 90 day return policy. (But I wasn't looking to return) They told me to email customer service. Two emails later - no response from them. Tried the "chat" but they gave me the same "it's past 90 day return policy." (Again, never asked to return) I am so disappointed in a store where I have been a long time, loyal customer. They absolutely did not stand behind their merchandise. I would suggest Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus based on customer service.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I had very bad experience with them and customer service are unprofessional dealing with My problem and until now they did not fixed anything… and the horrible part that they don’t care about customers at all.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I order a jacket for my dad birthday gift in size small on 3/7/2022. On 3/11/2022 my item arrived. I am very excited to receive item very early. But my happiness didn't last too long. I found out that Bloomingdale's sent me a wrong size. I went back to their website and found that size small is sold out and size medium that I received is only cost $46.88. I paid $62.50 for a small but received medium that cost a lot cheaper. Bloomingdale's is overcharge me!

For Bloomingdale's, if you wants to do online business, you have to handle inventory issues better than this. Why you sent out the item that customs didn't order and hope that customs will be accept it. Overcharge your customers and hope that they are not know it. You can just easily cancel the order and notify customer. No need to pay for shipping and retuning cost. No need to dealing with upset customers. Now I have to go through returning process, pack the item in the box, drive to UPS for drop off, and hope that Bloomingdale's will receive my package, so I can receive my money within 2 weeks.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I ordered a pair of shoes in September, a portion of which was to be used with a gift card. After months of it being delayed, and them saying now it would be delivered at the end of April, I finally cancelled the order. Then I am told, "Too bad on the promotional card balance, you are out of luck because it expired". Then trying to speak with customer service, they tried to claim the promotional card was only worth $50 even though I have it in front of me. They refused to allow me to send in pictures of what I had and just said, "Too bad, this is what is in the system and you are out of luck".

So now after spending $700 in a promotion for the $125 gift card, I have $0 in value in that gift card. In this day and age when stores are hurting for business, and we have so many options on where to shop, you would think they would treat their customers better. I will be taking my business elsewhere from now on. Nice scam they have going here to steal money from customers.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I returned an item that I purchased online with same day, 2 hour, store pickup - indicating that the item was stocked at the store. First the clerk told me it couldn’t be returned because it was an online purchase. Then he said it was out of the return range - which it was not. I have my original receipt with the date clearly on it. Then he said it had been used - which it had not. He said I should have had the box it came in. However, when I purchased the item it was not in a box. Basically he implied I was lying. Had to escalate it to a manager. I ended up getting store credit instead of a refund. I’m not sure why I didn’t get a refund but I didn’t feel like arguing with him any longer. So rude and over a $40 item. Give me a break. This was at the Fashion Valley mall in San Diego. He was not wearing a name badge but the return receipt says his associate number is **. I’ll stick to Nordstrom which is in the same mall and has excellent customer service.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I was on Friday 11/26/2021 and Sunday 11/28/2021. On Friday I did not have my card with me and the rude manager with the name Robing on Potomac Mills outlet Bloomingdale she treat me very unprofessional and rude. And on Sunday I come back to the store and the same manager was very unpolite and rude with me, discriminated because my accent on my voice. She is nasty with all employee. She speak to them like she the owner and not even that she is rude with customer.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Bought a pair of shoes online for my husband. They charged me the price online but when I received them, there was a sticker on the bottom showing that they were $100 cheaper than what they charged me. I called and asked them to honor the correct price but they said no.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I ordered over 5000 dollars of items for vacation which never arrived. They refuse to assist me and make a report. Their CSR are horrible and mocked me. I want my money back and they won’t help. They say, "We can’t do anything about missing items. " What kind of business is this? Do I have to do a lawsuit to get my funds back?

Original review: July 23, 2021

I have noticed that the packaging of orders is terrible and the customer service representatives are illiterate and cannot speak English properly. Further, there must be a problem with shipping and billing because the store sent me two shipments of bedding (I only ordered one shipment) and I have been waiting over a month to get my money back after they acknowledged that the returns were received. I have since reported this to my bank. Oh, and did I mention I cannot even get into my account because of their tech issues? I hope the store folds.

Bloomingdale's Company Information