Bloomingdale's
  • 1 star
Based on 108 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Bloomingdale's

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 30, 2017

116 Bloomingdale's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I specifically waited to purchase a particular item until the cyber Monday 25% off. I placed the item in my cart, began the checkout process, etc. and when I clicked submit, I received a message that the item was currently unavailable. I couldn’t believe it because I was already in the checkout stage and confirmed payment so I left the site and came back, and sure enough the item was gone. The next day, I went into the site, and the item was available.... at full price. I called customer service who confirmed that the item was available but said there was no way to enter the 25% off discount. The salesperson even admitted that Bloomingdale’s is known to do these kinds of things where you are in the process of checking out and the item suddenly disappears. It’s just plain bad business and seems like a scam to me, especially when the salesperson AGREES. During a time of hyper-competition online for sales dollars, how is Bloomingdale’s still in the game???

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Order was due to be delivered today 10/7 via USPS after Bloomingdale's used UPS mail innovations to ship it. USPS didn't attempt delivery or leave a notice but stated they did and that it won't go out again for delivery until after the holiday. However, they left me a voicemail stating they have two packages with the same barcode and address and that if postage covers both they will both be delivered otherwise one will likely be sent back. Bloomingdale's customer service rep assures me only one package was sent and I don't have to pay USPS anymore for shipping although USPS's email stated a payment was due. I spoke with the most condescending rep via chat who told me to check the tracking as if I didn't do that first thing before hopping online to chat! She didn't actually read what I wrote and completely blew off multiple very specific questions I asked.

I had to call to finally get some real answers only for the girl to put me on hold while she called USPS because she said she would verify with them what was going on. After waiting 30 minutes, I was transferred to USPS to the automated service to check the tracking status! I didn't ask to be transferred as I had already received a voicemail from USPS and was asking Bloomingdale's why two packages were sent and whether they could find out more from USPS for me as I wasn't getting anywhere with it. I had to call Bloomingdale's CS ANOTHER TIME only to be told the same exact things that I had already looked up and to be assured that my package would be delivered on Tuesday after the holiday. Well, USPS is indicating something very different than what Bloomingdale's is telling me and I'm so confused and frustrated with the quality of service I've received from Bloomingdale's.

The online chat rep insisted multiple times that they left a delivery notice, I assured her that I double checked and they didn't and that I watched the USPS mail woman drop our mail in the tiny box and not try and deliver the package to our door. (Our mailbox doesn't fit packages ever, they always deliver to the door). I could not believe that this rep was telling me they tried to deliver when I was the one at home watching them not try and deliver! She kept telling me to check the tracking as if I hadn't already done that; even though I told her the tracking email update said a payment was due, indicating I had checked the tracking! USPS insists they have two packages and I either need to pay for one or it will be sent back but I only purchased one item. I don't know which package is the correct package or if Bloomingdale's sent multiple packages with identical items.

Bloomingdale's reps insist one package was sent but I'd like to think USPS can tell whether they have two packages with the same address and barcode in their possession given the technology they use to track that stuff. After I get my order, and assuming I receive it all, I'm absolutely done shopping at Bloomingdale's. I don't need to be talked down to by a computer customer service rep, waste an hour talking to one rep only to be transferred when I didn't ask to be and then told by another that I just have to wait til Tuesday and that I for sure won't have to pay USPS anything more than what I originally paid Bloomingdale's.

For being a Loyalist they sure don't treat you respectfully nor do they offer shipping methods that can easily be understood. I've never heard of UPS mail innovations and given my experience with it today, I won't be using it again. I've never been talked to this way or had this confusion with shipping at Nordstrom's, Neiman Marcus or even Nordstrom Rack! Seriously, saving money on the top wasn't worth the headache of dealing with confusing shipping or awful customer service. Stay away.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I went to Bloomingdale's in WP, NY. I asked the sales associate was behind the counter to do a return for me, no eye contact. Told me I had to wait and never came back to the register. I asked to speak with a manager from another sales associate and was told the manager could put my return on a gift card. The manager didn't want to come to the department to address my concerns. After waiting 5 minutes the manager listened to the first problem I had with the sales associate making me wait and never coming back to the register to complete my return.

The manager began to make excuses for the sales associate that she was new to the company and didn't understand customer service and just brushed it off as she was a new employee. So I asked the manager to return the pants I had, I lost my Bloomingdale's credit card and asked for the 50.00 to be returned to my card and she explain she couldn't do it. I would have to wait for the card to come in the mail. I don't understand why I would have to be inconvenienced and have to wait. They didn't process my return and I left the store feeling like they didn't care about me as a customer. Poor customer service, unhappy shopper. I will shop at Nordstroms/Neiman from now on.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I bought a Diamond ring online for my mother's birthday in Aug. They had a big sell over July 4th weekend. They also sent me a email, if you sign up for texting you get 20% off any item. (So I Did). The Ring was to be sent out on July 7th. Got a call on the 6th of July from customer service to if I was the one who purchased the ring. I asked if there was any problem getting the ring. She said no, that they had it in stock and it would be mailed out on the July 7.

On the 7th, I looked to see if it had been shipped, and it showed it was in progress. I looked a while later and it showed the ring was on back order. I called customer service to see when the ring would be reordered (I want go into customer service, but they stink to high heaven Rude!!!). They informed me that the ring was no longer available and that I could go online and buy another ring at regular price. This is the biggest scam!!! The supervisor cancelled my order. These companies are going downhill fast.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I bought $1500 worth of Clothes from Bloomingdale's on 18th June 17. I took these up for Gift Wrapping. The Girl at the Gift wrapping told me that these could be dispatched to my daughter, NATASHA in CANADA through the STORE'S SHIPPING at NO COST since I was a Premier customer. I consented. I queried if there would be any Customs duty payable. The response from the Gift wrapping Girl was NO. She stated that the Goods would be received in TWO days.

I called BLOOMINGDALE'S STORE on WEDNESDAY 21st and THURSDAY 22nd June - It was very difficult to either Get SHIPPING or any MANAGER on the line to query about THE NON RECEIPT of GOODS, ATTEMPTS to contact DOROTHY General Manager were unsuccessful. I finally contacted Patricia in GENTS Clothing Bloomingdales who confirmed that THE PACKAGE was only handed over to UPS for delivery on 20th June. The Package was sent in error to New Jersey and then Kentucky. It finally arrived in CANADA on 23rd JUNE 17. I was charged 4215 as customs duty by UPS.

This was unacceptable as I could have brought the items myself had I NOT been misinformed by these ignorant and untrained associates from BLOOMINGDALE'S. I want BLOOMINGDALE'S to reimburse the extra costs of CUSTOMS DUTY $215 plus Shipping Charges of $67. NEVER ever use BLOOMINGDALE'S SHIPPING. IT is inefficient and unresponsive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdales?

Original review: June 24, 2017

After purchasing online a Burberry $550 coat for my son, he recently found a small rip on the right hand side of coat. I called their customer service and they advised that I need to take it to one of their local stores. I went to the local store Burberry section and explained to them that the item I bought is defective. They advised that their return policy is 1 year from purchase and since it is over a year they cannot accept the defective coat.

I called Bloomingdales Corporate office and state my claim of the matter. They took my information and advised that they will research the issue with the store and get back to me. Two hours later I received a phone call from the Corporate Office that they cannot accept the defective coat and stand behind the local store decision! I am absolutely furious with Bloomingdales of their unreasonable decision on this matter and WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN SHOP AT THIS STORE AGAIN! They are unreasonable and don't care about their customers.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I am currently pregnant and my family wanted to make me a present with fine jewelry. We decided to do the shopping at Bloomingdale's. We tried THREE times to make the transaction and it didn't go through! Tried three different accounts via three different family members, and for every one of them the email to call back and "verify" information came back! After phone calls and phone calls, the people at the customer service were not only not helpful but also said that "the phone number did not verify", and according to him what that meant was that we did not provide a cell phone registered under our name, and we cannot have an order processed! We moved to Kosovo in 2011 and obviously that we don't have an active cell phone in the US, but all other information (Billing and shipping and bank account was registered in the US).

What was supposed to be a nice and pleasant experience, turned out to be the worst headache that I've experienced during the entire pregnancy. This gift was going to be dear to my heart and passed on through generations! However choosing Bloomingdale's to go through this was the worst idea! I have always been a loyal customer when I lived in the US, but I don't think I will be going back there neither physically nor online any longer!

Original review: June 9, 2017

Today, I saw their advertisement on bloomingdales.com regarding the credit card application for extra 15% off to use within two days of approval. So I opened Bloomingdale's American Express Credit Card today. I got approved immediately and I was about to use this credit card to purchase items so I can get extra 15% off on top of Loyalist Rewards Points that they offer. However, they did not allow me to use Bloomingdale's American Express Credit Card right away and they even said that some items I placed are restricted to order and pay by this credit card.

What in the world is this kind of limitation when using Credit Card??? Not only that, on their website stated clearly that I have to use the approved credit card immediately in order to get qualified for extra 15% off. However, I was even talking to a person so called "supervisor" and she told me I could get extra 15% off within 14 days!!! Their own website says one thing, and their own employees including managers say differently! They wasted of my time applying for their BLOOMINGDALE'S STORE & AMERICAN EXPRESS CREDIT CARD. STAY AWAY FROM BLOOMINGDALE'S. I'd rather shop with NORDSTROM.COM!!!

Original review: May 16, 2017

I recently purchased an undergarment to wear under my wedding dress from Bloomingdale's. I researched their return policy to ensure that if I did not like it or if it did not fit, I would be able to return it, since I know that many stores will not allow the returns of any undergarments. Satisfied that I could return it if I was unhappy, I purchased and received it promptly. I tried it on over clean underwear and bra to be sanitary, I quickly realized it was way too small. I packaged it up and returned it just a few days later. Weeks went by and I finally received an e-mail that follows: "Recently, you sent us a merchandise purchased at Bloomingdale's to be processed for a refund or merchandise credit."

"Unfortunately, we are unable to process your refund for the TC Fine Intimates Strapless Back Magic Bodybriefer UPC: ** because the merchandise was not returned to us in saleable condition, item looks worn/used and has stains on various areas. The merchandise is being sent back to the shipping address on your order. If you have questions regarding the return policy, please visit bloomingdales.com/return. While we cannot process your refund, please know that we value your business and thank you for shopping at Bloomingdale's." I wore it maybe 5 minutes max. I called their suggested customer service number and all the woman did was restate the e-mail in various forms. I am absolutely furious because I have a too small undergarment that cost me nearly $100. Never shopping at Bloomingdale's again.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I placed my order on their website, got charged and got the email confirmation. They waited a while and then canceled the order. This product is available in their stores and also available from the manufacturer. I emailed their customer support and they have been unresponsive. This is a terrible company on the major decline and they are riding on their old legacy. I wouldn't shop here again or recommend them to anyone, especially when there are so many better retailers out there.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I placed an order 4/29/2017 ORDER # **. I ordered MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set Large Top Zip Tote, Color: LuggageGold for a sale price of $160. The next day they cancel my order saying it's out of stock. When I check the website. They have the exact same item under a different Web ID and they modified the title to MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set East/West Saffiano Leather Tote, Luggage Gold for $248. When I called they say that it's different item. Please note that these are exact same item as I have seen them in store. The pictures and description on the website will prove that its the same item. They just tweaked the words and created a new web ID to not honor the price. It's appalling that such a big company cheats on their customers. And when I showed them the example they were extremely rude. Buyer Please beware!! They are Fraud.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Today on April 30, $117.83 is suddenly taken away from my rewards. I called to check, and was told because of a $538.65 return I made on April 30, I need return 24,000 points associated with that order. Because those 24,000 points are pending, the $117.83 is taken. However, I cannot get the 24,000 points either. Thus, I'm losing both $117.83 and 24,000 points. This is a simple double counting problem. But it costs me 3 hours today but still cannot fix it. I talked to 2 agents, 1 supervisor and 1 manager. The first agent was super rude and even was yelling me. The supervisor only let me wait 72 hours so they can do an investigation.

Why do I need wait for 72 hours because of a simple mistake made by Bloomingdale? I even cried into tears because I cannot make a purchase with the rewards for the Mother's Day. I'm waiting for supervisor to call me back at from now on within 24 hours. This is what I argued and got from the manager. At first the supervisor let me wait for 72 hours, and it's ridiculous this long. I hope anyone from the higher level at Bloomingdale can notice this serious customer service issue, and give me an answer. I'll keep emailing, Twittering, posting and calling until I get a satisfactory solution.

Original review: April 30, 2017

On Thursday, April 27 I went to Bloomingdale's, located in Roosevelt Field mall in Long Island. I ordered a dress that I needed for April 30th and I was told that if I pay express shipping I would have the dress the next day. But, I was extremely disappointed that my dress didn't come the next day or the day after that. When I called, they told me the dress was going to arrive May 1, when I called to customer service they just apologized even though I trusted them to delivered the dress when they promised they would. I am very upset that not only did they promise the dress would arrive the next day, but that I pay for a service that didn't work.

Original review: April 7, 2017

On April 1, 2017, I scored the BEST deal on a pair of sandals during the Friends & Family sale. The sandals are normally $188 and I got them for $43.88! I've been excitedly awaiting the delivery of my new shoes all week. I just checked my order status online and was shocked to see that my order had been cancelled without any notification to me. I called the customer service line and was told the order was cancelled due to a "pricing error" that "is against their pricing guidelines". I said that was completely their fault and they should send me the shoes for the price they sold them to me on their website.

After putting me on hold for several minutes, the customer service rep came back on and said that for my inconvenience his supervisor said I could choose any similar pair of shoes under $200 for $87.75 and "that should be good enough". Maybe that is a big discount but it's still double what the shoes were advertised for and sold to me for in the first place! I told him I was not interested and we ended the phone call. How is that legal? Wouldn't this be false advertisement? I expect much better customer service than this from Bloomingdale's.

Original review: March 16, 2017

Horrible customer service. I was checking online evening dresses for a wedding, I snap a pictures of the dresses I liked. When I got to the I showed the young man the pictures of the dresses I wanted to see. He got so upset that I didn't have the web ID and yelled at me saying "You could've gotten the web Id. Now I have to go thru so many pages because you couldn't get the web Id." I asked to speak to the manager. She came right away but the man still was arguing with me, I have never in my life experience such a bad service.

Another problem is that when you look at the dresses online they look really high end but when you get to the store it's a totally different material (cheaper) and even the design is different and when I asked no know why. I really wished that what you saw online it's what's actually there when you go in the store. Very deceiving. Very disappointing considering I'm spending over $350. That's the reason I would never shop at Bloomingdale's or recommend anyone to go in there. I love shopping at Nordstrom's because it doesn't matter how much you're spending. They treat you with respect and they go out of their way to help you find what you're looking.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

On December 24th, I came to Bloomingdale's to purchase a few Christmas gifts. Anaida **, a sales person, whom I know from my previous visits to the store, offered me her assistance. She helped me find the necessary items and told me about the various promotions. Anaida suggested opening a Bloomingdale's card that gave me an additional 20% off. I am thankful for getting the great deals and customer support. Anaida ** is very supportive, nice, helpful and she knows what she is doing. The customer service could not have been more friendly and helpful. I am now a big fan of Bloomingdale's.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

On November 28th I placed an order online for 3 items meant as Christmas presents. A week later I had no update as to where my order was. When I looked online 2 items had shipped and 1 item was cancelled. Now in a bind for a Christmas present, I called customer service. They told me the item was cancelled due to the fact that when the order was processed for shipping, it was no longer available. After explaining how this is inconvenient for me, she placed me on hold and came back saying she found the item and will expedite the shipping 1 to 2 days (which is a lie because one time I spent $30 to expedite an item and it still took over a week). How a company can not contact a customer to tell them an item was no longer available (when it was apparently) is ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I am, in fact was a fan of Bloomingdale's. While traveling from India always saw the logo of the store in 'Friends' cereal. With great enthusiasm I went to the store on the thanksgiving evening, where I bought a bag for my mother (indeed a pretty one). At the cash register, I gave my American Express travelers cheque. I was told to sign the cheque and fill in the Bloomingdale's name. And was waiting for the process, suddenly a gentleman came in and told me about a certain issue with cheque and they couldn't accept.

I said that I do accept the situation but why did the staff made me sign the cheque in the first place, since I am traveler and have limited amount of cheques (money), in a reply I was told to go to the issuing bank and get it sorted but I just asked for one thing and that was a justification to get the cheque wasted, but to my dismay, me and my friend being Indians and not very proficient in the accent, the gentleman told us that he will kick us out of the store, being in a foreign place we were scared and moved out from the store. I am not worried about my big dream of Bloomingdale's being crushed but certainly worried about their attitude towards foreigners.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I had attempted to purchase a few Christmas gifts online from Bloomingdale's to take advantage of various promotions. I placed the order 3 times and each time received an email back stating they needed additional information. The first call I made required a 15 minute hold time to be connected with a man that barely spoke English. He advised me that there was a limit on my credit card and I had to replace the order the next day and said goodbye. I asked to speak with his manager since he did not resolve the issue. The manager said that the representative gave me incorrect information. She said my billing and shipping address did not match and I had to place the order again. I placed the order again. The same thing occurred. I called again to speak with a representative, sat on hold for 15-20 minutes and was told the same information - shipping/billing don't match. I gave up.

This week, I tried again. Again the same scenario. I called, sat on hold and spoke with a woman with a very thick accent. She told me that the order for shipment and billing did not match. I explained to her that often times people ship items to different addresses than their billing address. I expressed frustration that this was an issue because I had placed online order for items to be shipped to my work address versus home address. She told me to place the order again. I was outraged. I lost my cool. I asked for her supervisor. The supervisor explained my credit card did not match the billing address. She said the billing address was my work versus home address. I replaced the order with her over the phone and lost the $50 loyalist dollars that I wanted to apply to my order.

After the order was placed, I received an automotive call asking me to call them again or they would cancel my order. I spent another 15 minutes on the phone waiting to verify that I placed the order. If a company is going to outsource - the company should ensure the people taking the calls are clear and are competent to resolve the issues presented. No one likes to waste their time being blown off. This should have taken 5 minutes - not over an hour.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I tried to use my Reward cards to make a purchase through Bloomingdale's online. There was a problem with the codes so I called customer service. These are loyalist cards I receive after spending $2500 in retail. I spent an hour on the phone with them; they dropped the call, I called back and finally got to the correct rep after having to argue with the newer rep that I wanted my original person because I did not want to have to go through and explain the entire situation again. Bloomingdale's/Macy's does this on purpose. They do not want a customer to actually spend their reward card.

After finally getting a resolution that seemed acceptable, I was told my balance would be reinstated on my loyalist cards and it would be within 3-5 business days. It has been over 3 weeks and I thought that would be more than enough time to allow for the cards to be reloaded. I called from the onset this time b/c I did not want to go through that kerfuffle again. The customer service rep was fine, took the card numbers and guess what? She told me they had a zero $ balance. After a half hour, she finally came back and they had worked it out. If one considers the original amount of time, including this, it's over 2 hours just to spend $50 I earned by blowing $5k. Not great customer service. Not a loyalist reward.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

We bought a very expensive leather sofa sectional from Bloomingdale's NYC. The sales person convinced us to buy "Worry No More" extended warranty being leather furniture and because of cost. Recently one of the buttons on the sofa seat popped out. I called up Bloomingdale's and they arranged to send someone from Tri State Service to take a look. When the service guy came in he said that they needed to order a new button.

So here is the scam. They will always tell you to use your home phone. They will never call from their phone. They talk to their service team and pass on the phone to you. While you are talking they quickly leave and escape. If they had used their own phone they would have to stay to hear the full conversation. Always tell them to call from their phone. That way they don't run away.

The customer service rep told me that this was not covered under warranty because of normal wear and tear. I told her the inspector who just left told me that he was going to order a new button and come back and install. She said no they will not cover it. I explained that the seat where the button came out from was barely used and you could see that from the compression of the backrest compared to wear in other areas. Also there wasn't enough glue and that was evident on the amount of glue on the button. Only quarter of the button had the glue. Had the inspector stayed I would have pointed this out to him. But he bolted because he knew I would argue about the claim rejection. Now I am stuck with a sofa costing $10,000 and another $700 for Worry No more warranty not knowing exactly what the warranty covers or if they cover anything at all.

I have sent picture of the button as well as the picture of the sofa showing that it's still very new and the reason the button popped out was because of manufacturing defect and not because of normal wear and tear. I am hoping that Bloomingdale's being a quality and expensive store will take care of their customers. If not this is the last time I am shopping with them. Please don't let the inspectors use your phone. Because once they leave you, you will never see them again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I placed an order online for a $75 gift card. I received an email stating that I needed to call Customer Service to have it processed. So I did. I was on the phone for 20 minutes. Since I live internationally, I was told to give a US phone number. I gave them my boyfriend's phone number, who was sent a voicemail with the reference #. I called back with the reference # and I was placed on hold for 20 minutes. I was told that my order had to be verified. After the "brief" hold, I was told that my order wasn't processed. When I asked why, the person told me that they couldn't say why and that I had to contact my bank and that the next time I was in the US, I should fix it.

This is ridiculous. I called my credit card (it wasn't a bank by the way), and everything is fine on their end. I am VERY unhappy and I don't ever want to order anything from your store again. I will tell my mom (who still likes your store) that I cannot get her a gift card for her birthday. She will have to get something else. OH AND BY THE WAY, THEY KEPT SAYING MACY'S WHEN THE GIFT CARD WAS FOR BLOOMINGDALE'S.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I tried on an evening gown in a Bloomingdale's in Los Angeles, but didn't want to buy it there and haul it home to Michigan, so I waited 'til I got home and attempted to order it online. They were out of my size, so I took a chance on one size larger. When it arrived, I tried it on and it was way too big. I figured it would cost a lot to alter it, so instead I put it back in the original packaging and sent it back. They say they offer free returns. Imagine my shock when they sent me an email saying they would not accept my return, as the dress was "stained." That is flat out impossible. I tried it on, took it off, put in back in the box... maybe took 20 minutes. My only thought is that it was somehow damaged in transit, or in their own warehouse. I will NEVER order anything from them again. Does anyone have any advice? I'm stunned. They say they're mailing the dress back to me.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

The Bloomingdale's American Express Card is absolutely the worst credit card I've own. The APR is 24% compared to other cards whose APR is much lower and additionally this is the first time I have a zero balance and still have to pay a MINIMUM INTEREST CHARGE OF $2.00 MONTHLY. Don't feel bad if you aren't approved for this credit card, they are a rip off!!! Still when I call to close out the account they tell me I have a balance due and as a one time courtesy they will waive the fee. RIDICULOUS!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

For years I thought "Bloomingdale's" was an upscale department store with great products & service. WRONG! On July 12, 2016 I ordered over $77 worth of Clinique products so I could get the GWP {gift with purchase}. The gift was full of great colors for me and new products I was excited to use. My shipment came in 3 different packages. However, when it arrived I did not receive what was advertised - I got opposite. I need cool colors which they advertised - they sent me ugly warm that I cannot use. So I called thinking it was just a mistake. Their customer service number goes to Nicaragua. I was told they didn't have what was on the confirmation letter & picture they sent me. Disappointed I needed to return everything.

I packed up everything and drove it to their UPS drop store. I got a confirmation they received it but, a couple days later- only stated partial refund. Thinking the 3 separate orders required separate refunds - I just waited. I then get a email stating I didn't return a charcoal scrub/mask WHICH I DID AND IT WAS THE LARGEST ITEM! So I called and responded to emails again. So I went thru all their links & emails only to realize the item they did not credit me for was the Mild Toner so I send more proof and emails. Then they tell me I didn't return that!!!

So once again I'm back online asking for help. In the meantime NO REFUND HAS COME THRU FOR ANYTHING! All I have is a bunch of confusing emails they sent. They stated they were refunding me 7 days ago on July 27. Nothing has shown up. So I follow up again. Today I get another email stating they are processing my credit and it will take a couple days then my bank may take a couple more days. They ignore the time frame as if they are starting over.

BLOOMINGDALE'S??? I've been purchasing these cosmetics online for over 15 years! The only difference is/was - this was my first online purchase with Bloomingdales.com. I'm still waiting for my refund and have no customer service rep who truly cares or handles this professionally. They just send me a bs letter never truly solving the issue. I want my money back and their haphazard way of doing business is unacceptable. The service is truly horrendous & I will never under any circumstance order from them again. Nordstroms - fabulous service, Neiman Marcus - great service, Macy's - great service, Bon Ton - great service. I am having trouble sending you my receipt on this computer, however, I have printed it and will send you a picture of it from my phone. Just tell me where to send it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I received a gift card to Bloomingdale's from my brother 2 or 3 years ago. When I attempted to use the gift card last week, I was surprised to find out that there was zero balance on it. I was told that if a gift card goes unused, it just needs to be reactivated. When I called the Bloomingdale's gift card line, the representative told me that there was indeed zero balance. Since I didn't have a receipt for the purchase of the gift card, she could give me no further information. With persistent questioning, I was told that my gift card was used for a handbag in New York in January of this year. I was never in New York, and I never purchased a $495 handbag.

I have no idea how someone would have access to my gift card number. I asked for information on this transaction (for example, was the balance paid by a credit card? what was the store location?). I asked how I can further investigate this fraud, but the representative refused to give me ANY information since I didn't have a receipt for the purchase of the gift card. She seemed altogether unconcerned about the fraud. She was more concerned about her receipt policy than trying to help me figure out what to do next. I'm extremely disappointed in Bloomingdale's. They made ZERO effort in customer service. I would not recommend ever purchasing a gift card from this store.

Original review: July 21, 2016

Recently, Bloomingdales.com had a system outage during a sale. Because I wasn't able to check out and make my purchase, I entered an online chat. The agent could not assist me. I wasn't able to call at that time. I screenshotted my bad and bag ID and chatted the next morning. Bloomingdale's would not honor the sale prices, despite all the proof that I provided, that I made every attempt to complete the purchase during the sale. This is unacceptable and it's just bad business. Why perform maintenance during a sale in the first place? Any other store would have honored the prices.

Original review: July 18, 2016

I bought on June 30 one pair of shoes for a wedding at Bloomingdale's in Huntington Walt Whitman mall. The counter sales person look at the shoes very fast over the plastic on the shoes. And did not told me that the shoes was used. On July 1 my flight was cancel because of a storm. So I want to return the shoes back. I never used them. I never opened the box because I am thinking they are brand new. When I went to the store and the sales person call the store manager, Marie **, she said that she will not give me the money back because it was used. I never used the shoes. Since my flight was cancel I left to Boston Children Hospital to be with my daughter. They know that they sell me a used shoes. I am a mother of a 3 years old daughter and a 2 twins baby. And one at the Hospital since July 31, 2015. This store should not get advantage and steal money from a mother who have small kids.

Original review: June 28, 2016

I am sick and tired of mailing Bloomingdale's. I have proof of delivery that they received my return item. They have not replying for more than a week now. The only mail I received says they are investigating it. Sorry this is not a criminal case. Refund my payment...

Original review: June 22, 2016

I placed an order for 2 sofas for 5K. Sale rep promised that my order will be processed and I will received an email confirmation and receipt. After 2 weeks, I noticed I haven't received anything from Bloomingdale's but my credit card already have pending payment to Bloomingdale's. A week later, I got a call from their delivery service to schedule delivery. I called the online number for furniture department. They blamed me that I deleted my order number email and that they usually sent it out the day after the order.

The sale rep was rude, loud and short with me. He just say "we would have to regenerate it for you in 1-2 business days". I have never been so UPSET with a purchase before. The is the first time and last I would ever shop at Bloomingdale again. Also, pls don't make mistake like I did and make furniture purchase online through Bloomingdale. Rude and unprofessional service. Also, they never gave me the loyalist points either for my purchase either. Keep saying it would be 60 days but I'm so sick of calling.

Bloomingdale's Company Information