2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Bloomingdale's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdale's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdales?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I always shop from Bloomingdales especially from SANDRO, MAJE brand department, today was one of my common shopping days and went to get some items. So I asked this girl Nicki to help out with some items and sizes. She was very unprofessional and very rude she has absolutely zero knowledge and she was totally useless. I cannot imagine how this huge company can hire this kind of people and present to customers as PROFESSIONALS!!!! She was very rude and she was rushing me a lot so I can leave/ I went to store at 6:40 pm and it was 20 mins till closing, so I had time to check up on items, and plus I am very quick and once I walk in I already know what I want so I don’t waste time.

Long story short She brought my items to register and as they didn’t have my sizes in stock she had to order them and I had 2 items she did one of them and I asked to wave the shipping fee she said she doesn’t know how to do it, how can she be working on that department if she doesn’t even know how to process multiple items at the same time and plus doesn’t know how to wave the shipping fee!!! And the funniest part is when she didn’t finished processing the check out she told me that I CAN GO ONLINE AND ORDER MYSELF WHATEVER ITEMS I WAS TRYING TO PURCHASE CUZ THEY ARE CLOSING SOON!!! I am very disappointed and honestly I hope no one asks for her help cuz she’s absolutely useless and she is VERY RUDE AND HAS THE WORST ATTITUDE EVER!!! She doesn’t belong there!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I am so sad to see Bloomingdale's behaving in such a fraudulent manner! I made a high value purchase that qualified me for a $300 gift card. I received an e:mail congratulating me for receiving a $300 gift card. Gift card never arrived but I assumed that it was registered to my account and went shopping. There was no gift card on my account, I was put on a phone call with Loyalty Help Line. I was on the phone close to an hour, after which I was told that they cannot help me.

After a week or so, I called again and was on the phone close to two hours, passed over from one department to the other, who asked me the same questions again and again. At the end someone told me that the gift card had been mailed to me a few days before. Three weeks passed, still no gift card! I wrote them a lengthy message, explaining my problem, zero response.. Horrible, disgraceful, nothing you would expect from such a reputable company! Think twice before buying anything on a promotion..

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Wow. Where do I even begin? December 2nd I decided to treat myself and buy a Gucci bag that I had been eyeing for a while. I placed my order online without issues and thought that would be the end of that- boy was I wrong. 20 minutes after I placed my order I received an email confirmation that said my order wasn't quite yet ready to be processed and that I need to call and verify some info. Ok cool, no problem. I called, verified my identity, personal info, card info, etc. Then my card was declined. Ok no worries...sometimes my bank declines big purchases or purchases from overseas.

I called them to let them know it was me and they said "No, your card was declined because of an incorrect security code". I had input all of my info correctly and told the CS worker at Bloomingdale's the correct code, so they had input it incorrectly. I figured I could call them back, have them enter in the right code and we could move on. How wrong was I. They ended up CANCELLING my order and said I had to order a replacement. This would be perfectly fine if the first order hadn't already placed a $2300 authorization hold on my bank account. I had specifically put enough money in this bank account to ONLY cover the costs of this purchase. So when they tried to order a replacement, my card was declined yet again (which would mean a SECOND hold of $2300 totaling $4600, not to mention my bank account has a daily spending limit of $3000 a day so even if the funds were there it would have declined regardless.

After 2 hours of getting the run around from Bloomingdales and my bank, I was told I had to wait 3-5 business days for the authorization charge to fall off so we could try again (At this point I had spoken to about 10-12 different people from Bloomingdales, reexplaining my situation without any resolution on an employee mistake. Finally I was able to speak with a supervisor who gave me free next day shipping to remedy the frustration. Awesome! We're not quite done yet.

Fast forward 6 days. The money was now available in my bank account and I could finally reorder my bag! Don't get too excited yet. I called the same number in the original confirmation email and explained the ENTIRE situation to avoid any confusion and reminded the CS worker twice about the free next day shipping that I was awarded. We verified my info, she placed my order. After that I asked a third time just to make sure if she had placed the next day shipping and then said that she forgot to and would transfer me to someone who could modify the order. (Come to find out I was charged for it as well!) I get transferred, they made the necessary changes and I thought I was home free. WRONG.

TWO HOURS LATER I get an email that my order was canceled yet AGAIN. This time I was actually furious. I called the number and demanded an explanation and was told that my card was "declined". I knew this wasn't right because we had processed the order this morning and the funds were yet again taken from my account as an authorization hold. I asked to speak with a supervisor who then told me that it was cancelled because a change was made to my shipping. I then explained that I had reminded the CS worker twice which shipping method I wanted and that it was still input incorrectly. I also asked why a change in shipping would trigger a cancellation and if that really was why, then why did the representative not know it would cancel automatically if this were the case?!

Expressing a lot of frustration I told them that if I did not receive some sort of store credit or coupon code I would easily go to Saks & Fifth to purchase the same item. After some back and forth I was finally able to haggle a measly $25 on my $2300 order (a whooping ~1% discount!) that was now being delayed 2 weeks (shipping included) over two separate instances of employee mistakes. Fast forward another 5 days (this morning December 12) the second authorization charge finally lifted from my bank account and I was able to attempt a third and final try. Yet again I called the number and explained I would like a supervisor on the line to make sure no mistakes were made in my order. All I requested was the free next day shipping and my $25 credit to be applied.

In the meantime I went online to view the item in question and saw that it was now sold out. Great. All of that nonsense for actually nothing. I found the same item on Saks & Fifth and ordered it this morning with zero issues. I'll finally get the bag I wanted in a few days. This was my first experience with Bloomingdales and was hoping to do business with them for a lifetime but I will NEVER purchase any high ticket item from them online ever again. I advise all who read this to do the same.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I went to the Bloomingdales website today and was immediately greeted with a pop-up that promised me 15% off my first order if I signed up for their emails. I did this and had to wait over an hour for their promo code email. When it finally arrived, there was a link to "Exclusions." It was the LONGEST list of exclusions I have ever seen. It was ridiculous. It was single spaced, tiny font and went on for almost TWO pages! I felt like they should've provided a list of what was NOT excluded. It might've been shorter!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I bought $650 shoes and was to receive a promotional gift card for $120 for a September promotion they were running. The gift card would be sent first week of October after the promotion ended. After receiving the shoes I noticed that they were too big. I simply wanted to exchange the shoe for a different size. I had to order over the phone since they did not have the shoes in stock in any location, so I could not try these on prior. I called immediately and was on the line with customer serving for 52 minutes! The first person I spoke to I found out had been in training, so it is took 15 minutes alone to walk her through what I was trying to do. She did not understand what I was saying and I kept repeating it and walking her through it.

I simply wanted to make sure I was going to receive the promotion still because it was just an exchange for smaller size. Realizing that this representative could not help, I asked to speak with a manager. I was now on the line with a manager who was apologizing for the situation. She understood what I was asking and said she could just give a gift card to my loyalist number if the first person screwed up the exchange and voided the promotional offer. This manager then transferred me to another representative who started from scratch.

Now 30+ minutes into the call I was repeating myself for the 3rd time to someone who was not a manager. After 5 minutes of back and forth I demanded to speak to a supervisor and not to be transferred again. Now on the line with the 4th representative and 49 minutes into the call, the person I was transferred to began telling me that they will not offer the promotion since it passed. I told them I was simply exchanging for one size down. They did not care and said my initial promotional gift card would be voided. I told them to cancel my loyalist card- return the shoes- and that I wasted 52+ minutes on the phone with 4 representatives.

This was the worst experience and most unprofessional customer service team I have ever dealt with. Nothing will give me back the time I wasted- as well as the aggravation. I hope to save everybody from having something like this happen to them over something so minor. I hope upper management is able to listen to the 52 minute call and realize what they are putting customers through. This is not customer service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

1. Received housewarming gift from a family member, multiple pieces came broken. 2. Called Bloomingdale's they said they would send a replacement item and sent a 30 dollar item instead of a 200 Dollar item we were gifted. 3. Called Bloomingdale's again, this time the said the item was out of stock, so they would send a gift card. 4. Bloomingdale's sent a 30 dollar gift card for a 200 dollar item. 5. Called Bloomingdale's again, they said they would sent another gift card. 6. Receive gift card on 7-7-20 go to use the gift card on 8.30.20, it says that the card has no balance. 7. Call Bloomingdale's and they say the gift card was used to buy another gift card?! It wasn’t, not by me, literally they offer no solution.

We had explained to them over and over again that the item was a gift, they canceled the gift card when they realized it was being sent to me instead of the purchaser, BUT THE ORIGINAL item was shipped to MY address, it was a gift, therefore someone else who lives at another address sent it to me, so it would make sense that the card in replacement of the damaged gift would be sent to me, how is that so hard to understand?! In summary Bloomingdale's has probably some of the WORST customer service I have ever seen. I would never recommend anyone purchase anything from them and I will never purchase anything from them again.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Hello, I had ordered a stroller with a bassinet and some of the items were missing! I ended up emailing just a few times and received a refund in a few days! They do value your feedback and want to make it right!!! There are a lot of negative reviews but I want to reassure customers, just be patient, it may take 1-3 days for someone to respond but your email will be addressed And your concern will be taken care of!

Original review: June 20, 2020

Hi everyone, Let's start off with this, I would give this zero stars if I could. This is directed at Arien who works in the Sandro section of Bloomingdale's. Body Shaming? Without consequences? The salesman had the audacity to tell a customer that they wouldn't fit in a dress and stretch the fabric. A wonderful representation of what a distasteful and disgusting department looks like, and I would totally recommend coming here if you want to get body shamed and embarrassed.

Being assisted by him, I wanted to try on one of the Sandro dresses that I originally owned and knew I FIT into. When I asked Arien to go into the back to get me a bigger size, he came back to tell me that he no longer had this dress. Why? Oh it's because he gave it to another woman who HE identified to be adequate enough to be wearing this dress. Just for your information, the dress I was planning to wear for my birthday. I have always been a loyal customer of Bloomingdale's but after this performance I would NEVER come back. If this man still works here just know that Bloomingdale's fully condones their employees to tell a customer whether or not they are fit enough to wear one of their dresses. Also Yelp is not the end of this and we will be contacting higher possessions to let them know of the disgusting and misogynistic behavior they are allowing at Sherman Oaks Westfield Bloomingdale's Mall within the Sandro section. Thanks!

Original review: June 13, 2020

This is the first and last time I'll ever try to shop at Bloomingdale's. They sent their customer service overseas, and they do not care about anything. I wouldn't be surprised if the stores close, their customer service is so bad. The cs act like they are so entitled to their jobs. They are not going to have jobs if they don't pull it together and figure out what baseline customer service is all about. I thought Bloomingdale's was a high-end department store with excellent service. They must have gotten their cs people out of a prison work program or something. This is just unbelievable.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I had to change the delivery address, the day after I placed my order, so I tried to contact the customer service. It was impossible to reach out to them for 3 days, on the 4th days they told me "it was too late, they couldn't do anything now, I should have tried before." I explained to them that I tried, they said, "Sorry it's the policy, you should try to call UPS," I called UPS, UPS told me Bloomingdale's were the only one to be able to change the address, as they are the sender!! To finish no one is able to change the address. It will cost me 100$ of uber to get it to go back to my place!

Bloomingdale's Company Information