Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's

2.8/5 (48 ratings)

About Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdale's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdales?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Ordered pants 9/3. Emailed notification of delivery date 9/9. UPS Tracking # said delivery was made 9/3. Was told outright lies this morning by customer service rep "Sidney" who promised UPS would deliver today 9/10, and that she would call me back to confirm -- she didn't. I called again this afternoon and explained the situation to Juliana who severed the connection. Finally got to Wendy, who eventually said I could cancel the order and get a refund. We'll see. Will never order from Bloomingdale's again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

Hi, WORST SERVICE!!!! NEVER BUY HERE AGAIN!! I made an online purchase for which Bloomingdale's delivered part of the order which went missing and i immediately contact Bloomingdale's regarding this and instead of resolving the issue, they blocked me. As in my money is gone and I am not sure about the other part of the order whether they deliver it or not. Worst customer service I have seen. I don't understand how I am blocked. They Bloomingdale's made a mistake. They never contacted even UPS regarding the package. I want my money back.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2022

I have been shopping at the store for years and generally have been happy with their customer service. This year however I’ve noticed a significant decline in the quality of their customer service, especially their phone service, not sure if it’s a shift in company culture or policy. For instance, I received a promotional gift card for $300 for a big purchase I made. The gift card was only valid for 30 days and I forgot to use it until a couple days after it had expired, I attempted to contact customer service to see if any of the value can be recovered but was rudely told there was nothing they can do. I understand that there was an expiration date, however, a 30 day valid period seems unreasonably short and the phone rep was also very rude, which is unacceptable.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Unfortunately, I had to pay an extra $47.20 customs tax at the entrance to my country because they invoiced me as 5 products in 3 pieces, although there were 3 products in my order **, which I placed on April 1st. I explained this to Bloomingdale's customer services 3 times, and again for the 4th time today, but unfortunately I still could not get a result. I always got the same answer every time. "Sorry, we will get back to you within 72 hours." I'm really tired, I don't understand why I'm being punished for wrong billing. If they couldn't do something, they could have said "there is nothing we can do" on the first day I wrote. It's really sad.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I purchased a $530 Le Mer gift set in February 2022 as a Valentine's gift from my husband. I put it in my closet and took it out last week, the moisturizer was yellowed around the edges and had a finger stuck in it, the plastic lid that is between the lid and cream was gone, the wand for application was not included, the serum was also used the bottle did not look full. I was not allowed to speak to anyone in the states and was told to send it back "maybe" they would refund my payment. I will no longer shop with them, the customer service was awful and how am I not allowed to speak to a manager or anyone in the US.

The agent who helped me was very nice but honestly could not confirm anything - I tried an online chat and the agent disconnected when she was done - this is a high-end store and this was a large purchase, receiving used items and old items is not a very good imagine nor is the trying to get a person to help me - I will be cancelling my Bloomingdale's card after this. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I received a pair of SCHUTZ boots as a Christmas gift, although they were purchased Nov. 9th. Love the boots, but the toe area wore so badly after just a few wearings. I called Bloomingdale's service number. They told me there was nothing they could do since it was after their 90 day return policy. (But I wasn't looking to return) They told me to email customer service. Two emails later - no response from them. Tried the "chat" but they gave me the same "it's past 90 day return policy." (Again, never asked to return) I am so disappointed in a store where I have been a long time, loyal customer. They absolutely did not stand behind their merchandise. I would suggest Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus based on customer service.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I had very bad experience with them and customer service are unprofessional dealing with My problem and until now they did not fixed anything… and the horrible part that they don’t care about customers at all.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I order a jacket for my dad birthday gift in size small on 3/7/2022. On 3/11/2022 my item arrived. I am very excited to receive item very early. But my happiness didn't last too long. I found out that Bloomingdale's sent me a wrong size. I went back to their website and found that size small is sold out and size medium that I received is only cost $46.88. I paid $62.50 for a small but received medium that cost a lot cheaper. Bloomingdale's is overcharge me!

For Bloomingdale's, if you wants to do online business, you have to handle inventory issues better than this. Why you sent out the item that customs didn't order and hope that customs will be accept it. Overcharge your customers and hope that they are not know it. You can just easily cancel the order and notify customer. No need to pay for shipping and retuning cost. No need to dealing with upset customers. Now I have to go through returning process, pack the item in the box, drive to UPS for drop off, and hope that Bloomingdale's will receive my package, so I can receive my money within 2 weeks.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I ordered a pair of shoes in September, a portion of which was to be used with a gift card. After months of it being delayed, and them saying now it would be delivered at the end of April, I finally cancelled the order. Then I am told, "Too bad on the promotional card balance, you are out of luck because it expired". Then trying to speak with customer service, they tried to claim the promotional card was only worth $50 even though I have it in front of me. They refused to allow me to send in pictures of what I had and just said, "Too bad, this is what is in the system and you are out of luck".

So now after spending $700 in a promotion for the $125 gift card, I have $0 in value in that gift card. In this day and age when stores are hurting for business, and we have so many options on where to shop, you would think they would treat their customers better. I will be taking my business elsewhere from now on. Nice scam they have going here to steal money from customers.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I returned an item that I purchased online with same day, 2 hour, store pickup - indicating that the item was stocked at the store. First the clerk told me it couldn’t be returned because it was an online purchase. Then he said it was out of the return range - which it was not. I have my original receipt with the date clearly on it. Then he said it had been used - which it had not. He said I should have had the box it came in. However, when I purchased the item it was not in a box. Basically he implied I was lying. Had to escalate it to a manager. I ended up getting store credit instead of a refund. I’m not sure why I didn’t get a refund but I didn’t feel like arguing with him any longer. So rude and over a $40 item. Give me a break. This was at the Fashion Valley mall in San Diego. He was not wearing a name badge but the return receipt says his associate number is **. I’ll stick to Nordstrom which is in the same mall and has excellent customer service.

Bloomingdale's Company Information