2. Shopping

Bloomingdale's

3.9/5 (280 ratings)

About Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdale's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdales?

Resolution response: May 29, 2021

Over the last 2 weeks I've connected to an amazing ethical and efficient woman in the EXECUTIVE offices that has helped me tremendously and she has restored my faith in this company and Amex. Company needs to give this lady a promotion, raise and an award for best employee. She dedicated to getting to the root of the problem. Took a lot of effort but the silver lining is that the problem was resolved thanks to her investigative efforts. I can now say I 100 % recommend this card and Bloomingdale's to everyone! Amazing job Donna S. Thank you for all your efforts and sincere concern. Great asset to this company.

Original review: May 21, 2021

Was approved for this card on 4/16. End of the month I called customer service to inquire about whereabouts of original 1st card and why it's not arriving in mail. Over 10 to 14 business days later. START TO CONTACT SUPPORT & speak with 16 (sixteen) representatives & supervisors. All giving me the wrong information. No one really solving issues. 4 different cards were sent out and not 1 (one) was delivered to my address. Told it was gonna be 2 day expedition of delivery 2 times and that didnt happen at all.  Never received any cards. After a month and half of struggling for answers and getting the wrong information and being told to wait. Some representatives telling me that it is coming in a plain white envelope others telling me it's coming FedEx or UPS.

OVER a month of waiting and inquiring and no answers or explanation. I was forced to close this account. Due to fact of internal investigation and mismanagement and disappearances of all 4 cards. No answers or zero support from the representatives and continually attempting to contact them for answers. Hours on top of hours spent calling waiting on hold. EXPLAINING the same situation to 16 different people with NO SOLUTION and none giving me answers about the location of these 4 cards and most giving me attitude and rushing me off the phone. Forced to close and to do was cancel and not deal with liability since no employee could give me clarification or take accountability.

Also this is affecting my credit because it's being reported INACCURATE to credit bureau. 4 cards 16 representatives and supervisors could NOT resolve this matter. I was forced to close. I want answers and I need this to be properly handled and not hurt my credit. I did nothing wrong. I applied for this card, got approved and waited for it to arrive.... Unbeknownst to me this happened and it's an internal problem should not be mine. All days I contacted customer service: April 16, April 19, April 29, May 3, May 7, May 10, May 13, May 16, May 18, May 19, May 20, 16 (sixteen) representatives & supervisors. No answers. All recorded conversations and no type follow up from any supervisor or any type of concern about this situation. 4 cards floating out there.. Forces me to close account due to lack of proper efficiency of service and lack of follow up from this company. UNFAIR. Bad business/

5/19 after 40 minutes of waiting I spoke with Ed - a supervisor - only SUPERVISOR named Ed in Clearwater Florida works Sun thru Thursday 3 PM to 12am. Following day I called again, 5/20. Ed escalates it to Presidential status for investigation and he tells me they will contact me within 72 hours. He realizes that this situation is not typical and been going on too long. 5/19 Ed advises me to contact him and do so if card does not arrive. 5/20 He tells me that 4 cards were issued on these dates: April 21 account 1 original, May 10 account 1 replacement, May 14 account 2 after they cancelled acct 1, May 18 account 2 replacement. 4 cards without my knowledge. Should of been 2 - original card and then a replacement.

I was NEVER once offered CERTIFIED MAIL or any form of delivery to ensure and track delivery of credit cards. I had to keep on calling and explaining this over and over again with no type of solution or CONCERN. Never have issues receiving my mail and have lived in this location for years. This company needs to figure out how to close this card and stop hurting my credit.

Resolution response: April 11, 2021

UPDATE: FINALLY a month later, Bloomingdales did the right thing and refunded my money.

Original review: April 6, 2021

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING ONLINE FROM BLOOMINGDALES!!! Bloomingdales calls me one of their Top of the Line retail customers, and I will no longer be purchasing anything from Bloomingdales. I made the fatal mistake of buying an expensive pair of earrings online for an event that has long passed. I purchased a pair of Marco Bicego London Blue Topaz drop earrings from Bloomingdales for $2430 plus tax. They sent me the wrong earrings, a pair of pearl earrings. I immediately called and complained and sent in a return order form. They said the earrings were in stock and I'd receive them in 2 - 3 days. Then they sent me a UPS mailing label which I affixed to a package and shipped the pearl earrings back. They sent me a letter saying I would get the Marco Bicego London Blue drop earrings within 7 days. They did not come. Since then I have phoned and written to customer service repeatedly.

It's been almost a month and still I have not received the earrings or gotten my money back. And the last phone call I had I was told they were not going to reimburse me for their mistake, nor were they going to send me the replacement earrings. After waiting to receive the earrings as promised I contacted Bloomingdales again. Since then I've contacted them repeatedly. They responded to send the shipping tracking information for the pearl earrings even though they sent me the shipping label. I went online to the email they had sent me and got the tracking number from that and sent it to Bloomingdales. No response. So I contacted them again. Once again they sent the same request for tracing information so I sent them a picture of it. Nothing. Then I called two times and both times they asked again for my shipping label. I again gave them the tracking information they sent me.

Now they say the UPS never logged it in so they won't give me my money back and they won't ship me my earrings. Wait, I did everything exactly as they told me to. I affixed the label they sent me to the box and dropped it off at UPS. I have no control of what happens at UPS, and I trusted the label Bloomingdales sent me would get the wrong earrings they shipped to me returned to them as directed. I trusted they would send me the earrings in 2 - 3 days as promised, I trusted again they would ship me the earrings in 7 days as promised.

Now a month later they say too bad, we made a mistake, sent you the wrong earrings, despite you paying us for the Marco Bicego London Blue Topaz earrings, we are not going to send them to you. We can't find the pearl earrings and you're out of luck? Bloomingdales has treated me rudely and unprofessionally and worse they have pocketed my money and did not deliver the earrings I ordered as promised. I will NEVER order online from Bloomingdales again, nor will I shop with them ever again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I opened a credit card with Bloomingdale's and was looking forward to become a loyal customer, but that will not happen. I ordered a stroller for a certain price and applied a 15% coupon on my purchase while placing the order on phone, which took long time, but that was fine, I understand it can take time. Two days after the purchase, stroller price dropped, and I was hoping that they can honor their 10 day policy for price drop.

I contacted them and one of the customer representative told me on chat that yes they will adjust the price and I should receive the email in 24 hrs. that will have the confirmation and state that. Easy right!? NO, the same person right after he made that statement within seconds tell me after I asked him, what is the price refund I should be expecting, said, "No. We cannot make the price adjustment." I am still stunned and shocked, and I did try their phone customer service and email but I got same response that they cannot make that adjustment. This is just plain the worst experience that I ever had with a store. I guess they just don't value their customers.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I always shop from Bloomingdales especially from SANDRO, MAJE brand department, today was one of my common shopping days and went to get some items. So I asked this girl Nicki to help out with some items and sizes. She was very unprofessional and very rude she has absolutely zero knowledge and she was totally useless. I cannot imagine how this huge company can hire this kind of people and present to customers as PROFESSIONALS!!!! She was very rude and she was rushing me a lot so I can leave/ I went to store at 6:40 pm and it was 20 mins till closing, so I had time to check up on items, and plus I am very quick and once I walk in I already know what I want so I don’t waste time.

Long story short She brought my items to register and as they didn’t have my sizes in stock she had to order them and I had 2 items she did one of them and I asked to wave the shipping fee she said she doesn’t know how to do it, how can she be working on that department if she doesn’t even know how to process multiple items at the same time and plus doesn’t know how to wave the shipping fee!!! And the funniest part is when she didn’t finished processing the check out she told me that I CAN GO ONLINE AND ORDER MYSELF WHATEVER ITEMS I WAS TRYING TO PURCHASE CUZ THEY ARE CLOSING SOON!!! I am very disappointed and honestly I hope no one asks for her help cuz she’s absolutely useless and she is VERY RUDE AND HAS THE WORST ATTITUDE EVER!!! She doesn’t belong there!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I am so sad to see Bloomingdale's behaving in such a fraudulent manner! I made a high value purchase that qualified me for a $300 gift card. I received an e:mail congratulating me for receiving a $300 gift card. Gift card never arrived but I assumed that it was registered to my account and went shopping. There was no gift card on my account, I was put on a phone call with Loyalty Help Line. I was on the phone close to an hour, after which I was told that they cannot help me.

After a week or so, I called again and was on the phone close to two hours, passed over from one department to the other, who asked me the same questions again and again. At the end someone told me that the gift card had been mailed to me a few days before. Three weeks passed, still no gift card! I wrote them a lengthy message, explaining my problem, zero response.. Horrible, disgraceful, nothing you would expect from such a reputable company! Think twice before buying anything on a promotion..

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Wow. Where do I even begin? December 2nd I decided to treat myself and buy a Gucci bag that I had been eyeing for a while. I placed my order online without issues and thought that would be the end of that- boy was I wrong. 20 minutes after I placed my order I received an email confirmation that said my order wasn't quite yet ready to be processed and that I need to call and verify some info. Ok cool, no problem. I called, verified my identity, personal info, card info, etc. Then my card was declined. Ok no worries...sometimes my bank declines big purchases or purchases from overseas.

I called them to let them know it was me and they said "No, your card was declined because of an incorrect security code". I had input all of my info correctly and told the CS worker at Bloomingdale's the correct code, so they had input it incorrectly. I figured I could call them back, have them enter in the right code and we could move on. How wrong was I. They ended up CANCELLING my order and said I had to order a replacement. This would be perfectly fine if the first order hadn't already placed a $2300 authorization hold on my bank account. I had specifically put enough money in this bank account to ONLY cover the costs of this purchase. So when they tried to order a replacement, my card was declined yet again (which would mean a SECOND hold of $2300 totaling $4600, not to mention my bank account has a daily spending limit of $3000 a day so even if the funds were there it would have declined regardless.

After 2 hours of getting the run around from Bloomingdales and my bank, I was told I had to wait 3-5 business days for the authorization charge to fall off so we could try again (At this point I had spoken to about 10-12 different people from Bloomingdales, reexplaining my situation without any resolution on an employee mistake. Finally I was able to speak with a supervisor who gave me free next day shipping to remedy the frustration. Awesome! We're not quite done yet.

Fast forward 6 days. The money was now available in my bank account and I could finally reorder my bag! Don't get too excited yet. I called the same number in the original confirmation email and explained the ENTIRE situation to avoid any confusion and reminded the CS worker twice about the free next day shipping that I was awarded. We verified my info, she placed my order. After that I asked a third time just to make sure if she had placed the next day shipping and then said that she forgot to and would transfer me to someone who could modify the order. (Come to find out I was charged for it as well!) I get transferred, they made the necessary changes and I thought I was home free. WRONG.

TWO HOURS LATER I get an email that my order was canceled yet AGAIN. This time I was actually furious. I called the number and demanded an explanation and was told that my card was "declined". I knew this wasn't right because we had processed the order this morning and the funds were yet again taken from my account as an authorization hold. I asked to speak with a supervisor who then told me that it was cancelled because a change was made to my shipping. I then explained that I had reminded the CS worker twice which shipping method I wanted and that it was still input incorrectly. I also asked why a change in shipping would trigger a cancellation and if that really was why, then why did the representative not know it would cancel automatically if this were the case?!

Expressing a lot of frustration I told them that if I did not receive some sort of store credit or coupon code I would easily go to Saks & Fifth to purchase the same item. After some back and forth I was finally able to haggle a measly $25 on my $2300 order (a whooping ~1% discount!) that was now being delayed 2 weeks (shipping included) over two separate instances of employee mistakes. Fast forward another 5 days (this morning December 12) the second authorization charge finally lifted from my bank account and I was able to attempt a third and final try. Yet again I called the number and explained I would like a supervisor on the line to make sure no mistakes were made in my order. All I requested was the free next day shipping and my $25 credit to be applied.

In the meantime I went online to view the item in question and saw that it was now sold out. Great. All of that nonsense for actually nothing. I found the same item on Saks & Fifth and ordered it this morning with zero issues. I'll finally get the bag I wanted in a few days. This was my first experience with Bloomingdales and was hoping to do business with them for a lifetime but I will NEVER purchase any high ticket item from them online ever again. I advise all who read this to do the same.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I went to the Bloomingdales website today and was immediately greeted with a pop-up that promised me 15% off my first order if I signed up for their emails. I did this and had to wait over an hour for their promo code email. When it finally arrived, there was a link to "Exclusions." It was the LONGEST list of exclusions I have ever seen. It was ridiculous. It was single spaced, tiny font and went on for almost TWO pages! I felt like they should've provided a list of what was NOT excluded. It might've been shorter!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I bought $650 shoes and was to receive a promotional gift card for $120 for a September promotion they were running. The gift card would be sent first week of October after the promotion ended. After receiving the shoes I noticed that they were too big. I simply wanted to exchange the shoe for a different size. I had to order over the phone since they did not have the shoes in stock in any location, so I could not try these on prior. I called immediately and was on the line with customer serving for 52 minutes! The first person I spoke to I found out had been in training, so it is took 15 minutes alone to walk her through what I was trying to do. She did not understand what I was saying and I kept repeating it and walking her through it.

I simply wanted to make sure I was going to receive the promotion still because it was just an exchange for smaller size. Realizing that this representative could not help, I asked to speak with a manager. I was now on the line with a manager who was apologizing for the situation. She understood what I was asking and said she could just give a gift card to my loyalist number if the first person screwed up the exchange and voided the promotional offer. This manager then transferred me to another representative who started from scratch.

Now 30+ minutes into the call I was repeating myself for the 3rd time to someone who was not a manager. After 5 minutes of back and forth I demanded to speak to a supervisor and not to be transferred again. Now on the line with the 4th representative and 49 minutes into the call, the person I was transferred to began telling me that they will not offer the promotion since it passed. I told them I was simply exchanging for one size down. They did not care and said my initial promotional gift card would be voided. I told them to cancel my loyalist card- return the shoes- and that I wasted 52+ minutes on the phone with 4 representatives.

This was the worst experience and most unprofessional customer service team I have ever dealt with. Nothing will give me back the time I wasted- as well as the aggravation. I hope to save everybody from having something like this happen to them over something so minor. I hope upper management is able to listen to the 52 minute call and realize what they are putting customers through. This is not customer service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

1. Received housewarming gift from a family member, multiple pieces came broken. 2. Called Bloomingdale's they said they would send a replacement item and sent a 30 dollar item instead of a 200 Dollar item we were gifted. 3. Called Bloomingdale's again, this time the said the item was out of stock, so they would send a gift card. 4. Bloomingdale's sent a 30 dollar gift card for a 200 dollar item. 5. Called Bloomingdale's again, they said they would sent another gift card. 6. Receive gift card on 7-7-20 go to use the gift card on 8.30.20, it says that the card has no balance. 7. Call Bloomingdale's and they say the gift card was used to buy another gift card?! It wasn’t, not by me, literally they offer no solution.

We had explained to them over and over again that the item was a gift, they canceled the gift card when they realized it was being sent to me instead of the purchaser, BUT THE ORIGINAL item was shipped to MY address, it was a gift, therefore someone else who lives at another address sent it to me, so it would make sense that the card in replacement of the damaged gift would be sent to me, how is that so hard to understand?! In summary Bloomingdale's has probably some of the WORST customer service I have ever seen. I would never recommend anyone purchase anything from them and I will never purchase anything from them again.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Hello, I had ordered a stroller with a bassinet and some of the items were missing! I ended up emailing just a few times and received a refund in a few days! They do value your feedback and want to make it right!!! There are a lot of negative reviews but I want to reassure customers, just be patient, it may take 1-3 days for someone to respond but your email will be addressed And your concern will be taken care of!

Bloomingdale's Company Information