1.08/5
Based on 121 reviews that contain star ratings

129 Bloomingdale's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

I was shopping in the men's department today, I went to the cash desk to pay, the two items were priced at 49 dollars each, when the salesperson put the items through one came up at 78 dollars, I asked the sales person if that was correct. He said they were priced differently because they were different colours. Anyway I paid and when leaving the store checked the price and they were both 49 dollars. Anyway to make this warning quicker it was sorted until I get back to my hotel to find a t-shirt which I have never seen folded up in one of the items with the security tag still attached, I phoned Bloomingdale, told them the story and I was cut off. This is a warning, check your bag before you leave, I can't imagine what would have happened if the alarm went off when I was leaving the store.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I received a gift which was on backorder. I called to find out the status and the agent told me she would send me a credit instead. I accepted the offer. The credit never arrived. I called back on 4 separate occasions and each time the representative told me either the credit was in process or it was in the mail. Last week I called again and I spoke to Sylvia and Josh and they both told me in a condescending and belittling manner that I will not be getting a credit and I should call the sender of the gift because the sender was not charged since the BLOOMINGDALE'S REPRESENTATIVE canceled the order when asking for my credit. All this was unbeknownst to me. Obviously, I am not going to burden the person who sent the gift, especially, since the offer of the credit was from a Bloomingdale's representative.

I was also told that all phone conversations were recorded. I asked that they review the phone messages, but no one of ever responded to me. It is without a doubt the most bizarre customer service experience I have ever experienced. I realize the that Macy's stock was nearly $70/sh 3 years ago and now it is around $36/sh. But I would not expect them to stoop this low to make a frequent customer this dissatisfied. I live about 3 miles from a Bloomingdale's and I will never shop there again and will recite my story to whoever will listen. This is all on top of another gift that I received from Bloomingdale's. In that order the gift (cheeseboard) arrived broken in half. It was not in its original box. But rather a makeshift carton with no stuffing and a shipping label to a person that I never heard of. This company appears to be in total disarray and has no procedure in place to get problems like mine resolved.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I bought a Burberry purse, and I asked for another one because the pictures were different from the real thing on the Internet. While communicating with them, the first customer service said that I couldn't find my order number and had a bad attitude. Then I called another customer service and he said he could send me a new one. When I got the new findings exactly the same as the original one, then I called and asked for a refund. This customer service unexpectedly let me only return to the store inside, he does not give me label. I said I could pay the postage myself and let him tell me the return address. He still turned me down. Only way to return it is to return directly to store. I do not have this shop in this city, I am very very helpless. Finally, I had to send my friend from California to give me a refund!! This is one of the most spammy sites. I don't want to see this site and the mall anymore.

Original review: May 13, 2018

5/12/2018 went to the men's department of the King of Prussia location and attempted to purchase 5 items. We were approached before we had selected our items by a sales associate, Nancy, who later blew us off once she saw we had our items and she would get no commission or recognition for helping. Once we were at the register after we flagged her a second time, she claimed that the credit card was denied after the reader malfunctioned. We requested a supervisor as she said we "must have gone over our limit."

As the manager came over it was clear he was making mocking gestures of us swiping the card wrong and laughing. He swiped the card once, typed in the numbers and said "The credit card company clearly won't authorize your purchase, sorry." He walked away. We waited in line a second time as we checked to see if we got a message from the credit card company (we did not and used the card before and after this transaction) and then paid with another card. When we finally got to the front and asked if we could pay with another method, Nancy said nothing to us. She grabbed our items which were still at the register and bagged, scanned them again, and then rushed us out of line again without a word. These people are uppity, have no interest, and will make excuses to get you out of the way for a bigger better deal. Don't even bother.

Original review: May 11, 2018

This is the 3rd (and last time) I have had a less than satisfactory experience with Bloomingdale's online shopping. I have no issues anywhere else - any site - no problems. Magically, my account suddenly didn't exist so when I went to check out - it said the email was never associated with Bloomingdale's - WHAT??? I have ordered numerous times (two other times there were issues with the order) in the last 3 years. I called customer service and was sent on a two hour nightmare of being switched to different representatives, all of whom had no answer and just kept sending me off to someone else - two times, they just hung up. I guess they really don't want the business and that's fine with me. I will never shop at Bloomingdales, whether in store or online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdales?

Original review: May 6, 2018

On 4th March, the last day of B money season, I went to Newport Beach Bloomingdale's and bought four Burberry classic scarves as gifts. Actually they have none in the stock, but the Bloomingdale's salesgirl really wanted the deals, she acted so nicely and helped us for hours. And we are intrigued by the B money things. At last, she helped us order at her counter's computer two Burberry classic scarves, that they would be delivered to Newport Beach Bloomingdale's by my name. She promised that she would call me as soon as she received them and helped me wrapped in gift boxes. And she checked the stock saying that Century City Bloomingdale's may have several in stock, so we bought two other styles in their store and went to LA for later exchange. Okay! We did everything what she said! And we received four B money cards that day.

Then the damned bad stories came afterward, until now I could not believe it, it is what an American famous chain shopping stores would do to their customers! As we lived in the South Orange County. We planned a drive on the 8th March to Century City Bloomingdale's for two exchange, but after driving maybe 4 hours back and forth. Century City just told us that they didn't have any Burberry classic scarves in stock. They didn't know why NB Bloomingdale's found the stock. The manager there said that he could only help us order 2 online and sent to our home. And promised that he would send me 200 dollars B money cards by mail later. But it turned out he didn't keep his promise, what I had got is 125 dollars. And he sent me super late.

Then, the climax came. Remember? Another two shipment should be sent to Newport Beach Bloomingdale's. I waited almost one or two weeks that the salesgirl would call me. At last, I had no choice but call the Bloomingdale's by myself. Another salesperson answered the phone, he told me that they could not send customers' online orders to the stores. It is totally against their rules!!! Because if they don't have the staff by my name, they will just reject the delivery. He told me that he didn't see any package with my name. At that time, I got freak out. What?! But the salesgirl just did this on my case!!! And I need to send gifts to friends. So I rushed to the Newport Beach Bloomingdale's, and asked everywhere, what's happened to my two Burberry scarves. Okay, the weirdest thing is, they gave me one, and said another one was rejected by somebody in the store. WTF!

The most interesting part: On 17th March, I went to Costa Mesa Bloomingdale's to spend my four B money cards. None of them is workable. There are no B money in them. And Tory Burch salesperson told me maybe I should wait sometime and they would be activated. And I never would forget that day. As it was the first time in my life I witnessed a robbery at store, and I was just a meter away at the Tory Burch. I saw the burglars running behind my back. Nobody came to console the customers, salesperson said that happens quite common in Costa Mesa Bloomingdale's. Okay! I was so so so frightened that day, I paid everything in credit card and went directly home.

Then on 20th April, I went to Costa Mesa Bloomingdale's and Newport Beach Bloomingdale's to ask why my B money cards didn't work. They didn't give a **. And treated me like **. One salesperson at La Prairie just interrogated me with a so so so awful attitude, she said nobody would help me out in the store. And she said that it was my fault. But Bloomingdale's was the problem maker at first, right? Remember?

Then I went to Newport Beach Bloomingdale's, I was indeed curious about that salesgirl at Burberry, I collected myself and went to Gift Wrap place the Arika ** received us, she checked all the four cards issued by them, they are definitely no B money in it, the card we got from Century City had once 125 dollars in it. She promised that she would try her best and reported to her GM, and gave us back feedback on 22th April. But we waited, she didn't call. Then we called her back. We left several voice messages with our phone number for several times. Sorry! She gave NO REPLY. We figured out that we could call the reception table and transferred to her desk. Yeah! We finally reached her maybe after one week! FINALLY! She just told us that her GM wasn't there, she need more time to report. Now, it's already been weeks!!! Arika got the lamest excuse!!! If you cannot solve the problem, say it!!!

First, I think that Bloomingdale's should do training all their staff. Second, Bloomingdale's should have a department called "customer service", the real customer service. Third, Bloomingdale's should not issue fake B money cards to their customers. I feel that I am the lucky one, this was my first time shopping with Bloomingdale's, and I found that it sucks way out of the world. I liked buying good many stuff. But Bloomingdale's will never be my choice, ever! For their poor customer service, bad salesperson's attitude, issuing fake B money cards to customers.

Original review: May 6, 2018

BEWARE! of purchasing fine jewellery from Bloomingdale. I have been a faithful customer primarily in their Miami The Falls store since the 1980's. I particularly have purchased many types of fine jewellery, consistently and giving the David Yurman collection much preference. For the first time ever I visited the Yurman display today in regards to problem because one of my wife's necklace clasp became loose. This is not the first time I have had a problem with their claps. I have a man's gold bracelet sitting in a drawer somewhere with the same problem.

The lady at the Yurman display at the Falls Bloomingdales refused to accept the item because she "could not match it" to any of the dozens of purchases that appeared on her screen under my wife's loyalist number. She did find some purchases of necklaces but said she was "not sure" if that necklace belong to any of them. She said that the pendant on that necklace did not go together. Of course, people switch pendants on necklaces, and by the way it is a David Yurman pendant. This is absurd, many years as a loyal customer and the refuse to fix a clasp on a very expensive over priced "piece of ** metal". No wonder all these retail stores are going out of business.

Original review: April 21, 2018

On 4/18/2018, around 6 PM. My Wife and I had a Sisley product to return, unopened and un-used . She used the sample and did not work for her. The clerk (Steve) at the counter told us that he had to look for the cosmetic manager and left us at the counter for a long time. We had a bad experience with Steve at another counter long time ago and as soon as he saw us at the counter, he stopped helping his customer and told us he could not take anything back since we had some returns in the past. His rude behavior shocked me since I did not even say anything yet. There are no rules on the receipt or sign posted on the wall to confirm that.

Finally the shift manager and floor manager showed up and told us we had to return the item to the original store where we purchased. The shift manager told us that the other store's Sisley counter (South Coast Plaza) was leased and their Sisley in Fashion Island was not leased so we had to take it back. That logic was not acceptable to us, but she took the product back. After we walked out, I called the original store (South Coast Plaza), Sisley counter and asked them if they were leasing the counter and she said negative. So we were lied to and treated like a 2nd degree citizen because some of the employees at your store in Fashion Island handle things at their own discretion. I think Bloomingdale's needs to spend more time training the new employees, or they choose to hear more bad reviews.

Original review: April 19, 2018

My Thai girlfriend made an account and tried to purchase a purse online to try and take advantage of some deals! She filled out her order just like you would any order online, filling out her name, billing address, shipping address, and she submitted the order. She got an email saying her order was cancelled because they need to "verify" information. She could not get help because customer support likes to pick on perceived "weak" people, like those who don't speak English natively. So I called ** Bloomingdale’s and spoke to robot level 1 who kept saying that they cancelled her order claiming that they could not "verify" her phone number. Even though it was her first time signing up for an account and we provided her phone number and her other only phone number she's ever had (which logically would not have been on the account, but we tried it).

That was not enough though! I even have the Gmail account on file they wanted but I guess it's TOO HARD TO VERIFY CUSTOMERS THROUGH GMAIL. They said that the phone number does not match, but that it also might be a name or address issue. Even though I’m in her account online and see everything is up-to-date, and there is no phone number saved in the system. The phone number on her order matched perfectly with her active number!!! What a joke of an online profile, joke of a policy where they "verify" your information using some "secretly" 3rd-party that they can't ever tell you about. SOUNDS LIKE BEHIND-THE-SCENES DISCRIMINATION TO ME.

STILL NOT ENOUGH FOR ** BLOOMING**. They keep constantly responding with the same canned drivel OVER AND OVER. "I'm sorry sure but we cannot verify that phone number. It might also be related to the name on the account or the address." The only thing we can do is drive to another state to prove her identity in person with a driver's license? What is this? What kind of company does a "verification check" on you using some secret system they can't tell you about? That's more secretive than the credit scoring system! I have a feeling Bloomingdale’s discriminates against Thai and other "weird names" because nothing else makes sense. The address, 1000% correct. The phone number, 1000% correct. The name, 1000% correct. I guess they just hate doing business with Thai people. Well you lost our business forever. ** off.

Original review: March 13, 2018

One of the worst customer service companies in the world. I will never shop here again and I am a top customer. The sales associates and managers are incompetent and demeaning. Not customer-service oriented whatsoever. I have reached out to store manager several times and still have not received a response. I buy Gucci, Tom Ford and other brands, but never again. I will take my business to Barneys, Saks and Neiman Marcus.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I purchase a burgundy dress online on the Bloomingdale's website for a wedding. I was given a tracking number and I received the dress on time. The only problem I had was the dress was a bit overpriced but overall it was a nice experience for me personally.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I bought a necklace from the online store on December 8th 2017. Not only did they send me the wrong item, it is now January 22nd 2018 and I have yet to be refunded my money. I have contacted customer support 4 times and each time they gave me the runaround. At this point I am very doubtful that I will ever see that money again. I will never buy anything from here ever again. I don't even waste my time writing complaints about companies but this is driving me up the wall. What kind of business is this where they let you go a month and a half without compensation? This is ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I placed an order and realized I forgot to apply promo code. As you can see in the fourth paragraph from their instructions, I could just call and make changes on the phone. Therefore, I called but the lady on the other side insist she cannot do anything except for the "price match". If Bloomingdale's cannot do what they promised, they deserve at least a bad comment.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I specifically waited to purchase a particular item until the cyber Monday 25% off. I placed the item in my cart, began the checkout process, etc. and when I clicked submit, I received a message that the item was currently unavailable. I couldn’t believe it because I was already in the checkout stage and confirmed payment so I left the site and came back, and sure enough the item was gone. The next day, I went into the site, and the item was available.... at full price. I called customer service who confirmed that the item was available but said there was no way to enter the 25% off discount. The salesperson even admitted that Bloomingdale’s is known to do these kinds of things where you are in the process of checking out and the item suddenly disappears. It’s just plain bad business and seems like a scam to me, especially when the salesperson AGREES. During a time of hyper-competition online for sales dollars, how is Bloomingdale’s still in the game???

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Order was due to be delivered today 10/7 via USPS after Bloomingdale's used UPS mail innovations to ship it. USPS didn't attempt delivery or leave a notice but stated they did and that it won't go out again for delivery until after the holiday. However, they left me a voicemail stating they have two packages with the same barcode and address and that if postage covers both they will both be delivered otherwise one will likely be sent back. Bloomingdale's customer service rep assures me only one package was sent and I don't have to pay USPS anymore for shipping although USPS's email stated a payment was due. I spoke with the most condescending rep via chat who told me to check the tracking as if I didn't do that first thing before hopping online to chat! She didn't actually read what I wrote and completely blew off multiple very specific questions I asked.

I had to call to finally get some real answers only for the girl to put me on hold while she called USPS because she said she would verify with them what was going on. After waiting 30 minutes, I was transferred to USPS to the automated service to check the tracking status! I didn't ask to be transferred as I had already received a voicemail from USPS and was asking Bloomingdale's why two packages were sent and whether they could find out more from USPS for me as I wasn't getting anywhere with it. I had to call Bloomingdale's CS ANOTHER TIME only to be told the same exact things that I had already looked up and to be assured that my package would be delivered on Tuesday after the holiday. Well, USPS is indicating something very different than what Bloomingdale's is telling me and I'm so confused and frustrated with the quality of service I've received from Bloomingdale's.

The online chat rep insisted multiple times that they left a delivery notice, I assured her that I double checked and they didn't and that I watched the USPS mail woman drop our mail in the tiny box and not try and deliver the package to our door. (Our mailbox doesn't fit packages ever, they always deliver to the door). I could not believe that this rep was telling me they tried to deliver when I was the one at home watching them not try and deliver! She kept telling me to check the tracking as if I hadn't already done that; even though I told her the tracking email update said a payment was due, indicating I had checked the tracking! USPS insists they have two packages and I either need to pay for one or it will be sent back but I only purchased one item. I don't know which package is the correct package or if Bloomingdale's sent multiple packages with identical items.

Bloomingdale's reps insist one package was sent but I'd like to think USPS can tell whether they have two packages with the same address and barcode in their possession given the technology they use to track that stuff. After I get my order, and assuming I receive it all, I'm absolutely done shopping at Bloomingdale's. I don't need to be talked down to by a computer customer service rep, waste an hour talking to one rep only to be transferred when I didn't ask to be and then told by another that I just have to wait til Tuesday and that I for sure won't have to pay USPS anything more than what I originally paid Bloomingdale's.

For being a Loyalist they sure don't treat you respectfully nor do they offer shipping methods that can easily be understood. I've never heard of UPS mail innovations and given my experience with it today, I won't be using it again. I've never been talked to this way or had this confusion with shipping at Nordstrom's, Neiman Marcus or even Nordstrom Rack! Seriously, saving money on the top wasn't worth the headache of dealing with confusing shipping or awful customer service. Stay away.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I went to Bloomingdale's in WP, NY. I asked the sales associate was behind the counter to do a return for me, no eye contact. Told me I had to wait and never came back to the register. I asked to speak with a manager from another sales associate and was told the manager could put my return on a gift card. The manager didn't want to come to the department to address my concerns. After waiting 5 minutes the manager listened to the first problem I had with the sales associate making me wait and never coming back to the register to complete my return.

The manager began to make excuses for the sales associate that she was new to the company and didn't understand customer service and just brushed it off as she was a new employee. So I asked the manager to return the pants I had, I lost my Bloomingdale's credit card and asked for the 50.00 to be returned to my card and she explain she couldn't do it. I would have to wait for the card to come in the mail. I don't understand why I would have to be inconvenienced and have to wait. They didn't process my return and I left the store feeling like they didn't care about me as a customer. Poor customer service, unhappy shopper. I will shop at Nordstroms/Neiman from now on.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I bought a Diamond ring online for my mother's birthday in Aug. They had a big sell over July 4th weekend. They also sent me a email, if you sign up for texting you get 20% off any item. (So I Did). The Ring was to be sent out on July 7th. Got a call on the 6th of July from customer service to if I was the one who purchased the ring. I asked if there was any problem getting the ring. She said no, that they had it in stock and it would be mailed out on the July 7.

On the 7th, I looked to see if it had been shipped, and it showed it was in progress. I looked a while later and it showed the ring was on back order. I called customer service to see when the ring would be reordered (I want go into customer service, but they stink to high heaven Rude!!!). They informed me that the ring was no longer available and that I could go online and buy another ring at regular price. This is the biggest scam!!! The supervisor cancelled my order. These companies are going downhill fast.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I bought $1500 worth of Clothes from Bloomingdale's on 18th June 17. I took these up for Gift Wrapping. The Girl at the Gift wrapping told me that these could be dispatched to my daughter, NATASHA in CANADA through the STORE'S SHIPPING at NO COST since I was a Premier customer. I consented. I queried if there would be any Customs duty payable. The response from the Gift wrapping Girl was NO. She stated that the Goods would be received in TWO days.

I called BLOOMINGDALE'S STORE on WEDNESDAY 21st and THURSDAY 22nd June - It was very difficult to either Get SHIPPING or any MANAGER on the line to query about THE NON RECEIPT of GOODS, ATTEMPTS to contact DOROTHY General Manager were unsuccessful. I finally contacted Patricia in GENTS Clothing Bloomingdales who confirmed that THE PACKAGE was only handed over to UPS for delivery on 20th June. The Package was sent in error to New Jersey and then Kentucky. It finally arrived in CANADA on 23rd JUNE 17. I was charged 4215 as customs duty by UPS.

This was unacceptable as I could have brought the items myself had I NOT been misinformed by these ignorant and untrained associates from BLOOMINGDALE'S. I want BLOOMINGDALE'S to reimburse the extra costs of CUSTOMS DUTY $215 plus Shipping Charges of $67. NEVER ever use BLOOMINGDALE'S SHIPPING. IT is inefficient and unresponsive.

Original review: June 24, 2017

After purchasing online a Burberry $550 coat for my son, he recently found a small rip on the right hand side of coat. I called their customer service and they advised that I need to take it to one of their local stores. I went to the local store Burberry section and explained to them that the item I bought is defective. They advised that their return policy is 1 year from purchase and since it is over a year they cannot accept the defective coat.

I called Bloomingdales Corporate office and state my claim of the matter. They took my information and advised that they will research the issue with the store and get back to me. Two hours later I received a phone call from the Corporate Office that they cannot accept the defective coat and stand behind the local store decision! I am absolutely furious with Bloomingdales of their unreasonable decision on this matter and WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN SHOP AT THIS STORE AGAIN! They are unreasonable and don't care about their customers.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I am currently pregnant and my family wanted to make me a present with fine jewelry. We decided to do the shopping at Bloomingdale's. We tried THREE times to make the transaction and it didn't go through! Tried three different accounts via three different family members, and for every one of them the email to call back and "verify" information came back! After phone calls and phone calls, the people at the customer service were not only not helpful but also said that "the phone number did not verify", and according to him what that meant was that we did not provide a cell phone registered under our name, and we cannot have an order processed! We moved to Kosovo in 2011 and obviously that we don't have an active cell phone in the US, but all other information (Billing and shipping and bank account was registered in the US).

What was supposed to be a nice and pleasant experience, turned out to be the worst headache that I've experienced during the entire pregnancy. This gift was going to be dear to my heart and passed on through generations! However choosing Bloomingdale's to go through this was the worst idea! I have always been a loyal customer when I lived in the US, but I don't think I will be going back there neither physically nor online any longer!

Original review: June 9, 2017

Today, I saw their advertisement on bloomingdales.com regarding the credit card application for extra 15% off to use within two days of approval. So I opened Bloomingdale's American Express Credit Card today. I got approved immediately and I was about to use this credit card to purchase items so I can get extra 15% off on top of Loyalist Rewards Points that they offer. However, they did not allow me to use Bloomingdale's American Express Credit Card right away and they even said that some items I placed are restricted to order and pay by this credit card.

What in the world is this kind of limitation when using Credit Card??? Not only that, on their website stated clearly that I have to use the approved credit card immediately in order to get qualified for extra 15% off. However, I was even talking to a person so called "supervisor" and she told me I could get extra 15% off within 14 days!!! Their own website says one thing, and their own employees including managers say differently! They wasted of my time applying for their BLOOMINGDALE'S STORE & AMERICAN EXPRESS CREDIT CARD. STAY AWAY FROM BLOOMINGDALE'S. I'd rather shop with NORDSTROM.COM!!!

Original review: May 16, 2017

I recently purchased an undergarment to wear under my wedding dress from Bloomingdale's. I researched their return policy to ensure that if I did not like it or if it did not fit, I would be able to return it, since I know that many stores will not allow the returns of any undergarments. Satisfied that I could return it if I was unhappy, I purchased and received it promptly. I tried it on over clean underwear and bra to be sanitary, I quickly realized it was way too small. I packaged it up and returned it just a few days later. Weeks went by and I finally received an e-mail that follows: "Recently, you sent us a merchandise purchased at Bloomingdale's to be processed for a refund or merchandise credit."

"Unfortunately, we are unable to process your refund for the TC Fine Intimates Strapless Back Magic Bodybriefer UPC: ** because the merchandise was not returned to us in saleable condition, item looks worn/used and has stains on various areas. The merchandise is being sent back to the shipping address on your order. If you have questions regarding the return policy, please visit bloomingdales.com/return. While we cannot process your refund, please know that we value your business and thank you for shopping at Bloomingdale's." I wore it maybe 5 minutes max. I called their suggested customer service number and all the woman did was restate the e-mail in various forms. I am absolutely furious because I have a too small undergarment that cost me nearly $100. Never shopping at Bloomingdale's again.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I placed my order on their website, got charged and got the email confirmation. They waited a while and then canceled the order. This product is available in their stores and also available from the manufacturer. I emailed their customer support and they have been unresponsive. This is a terrible company on the major decline and they are riding on their old legacy. I wouldn't shop here again or recommend them to anyone, especially when there are so many better retailers out there.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I placed an order 4/29/2017 ORDER # **. I ordered MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set Large Top Zip Tote, Color: LuggageGold for a sale price of $160. The next day they cancel my order saying it's out of stock. When I check the website. They have the exact same item under a different Web ID and they modified the title to MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set East/West Saffiano Leather Tote, Luggage Gold for $248. When I called they say that it's different item. Please note that these are exact same item as I have seen them in store. The pictures and description on the website will prove that its the same item. They just tweaked the words and created a new web ID to not honor the price. It's appalling that such a big company cheats on their customers. And when I showed them the example they were extremely rude. Buyer Please beware!! They are Fraud.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Today on April 30, $117.83 is suddenly taken away from my rewards. I called to check, and was told because of a $538.65 return I made on April 30, I need return 24,000 points associated with that order. Because those 24,000 points are pending, the $117.83 is taken. However, I cannot get the 24,000 points either. Thus, I'm losing both $117.83 and 24,000 points. This is a simple double counting problem. But it costs me 3 hours today but still cannot fix it. I talked to 2 agents, 1 supervisor and 1 manager. The first agent was super rude and even was yelling me. The supervisor only let me wait 72 hours so they can do an investigation.

Why do I need wait for 72 hours because of a simple mistake made by Bloomingdale? I even cried into tears because I cannot make a purchase with the rewards for the Mother's Day. I'm waiting for supervisor to call me back at from now on within 24 hours. This is what I argued and got from the manager. At first the supervisor let me wait for 72 hours, and it's ridiculous this long. I hope anyone from the higher level at Bloomingdale can notice this serious customer service issue, and give me an answer. I'll keep emailing, Twittering, posting and calling until I get a satisfactory solution.

Original review: April 30, 2017

On Thursday, April 27 I went to Bloomingdale's, located in Roosevelt Field mall in Long Island. I ordered a dress that I needed for April 30th and I was told that if I pay express shipping I would have the dress the next day. But, I was extremely disappointed that my dress didn't come the next day or the day after that. When I called, they told me the dress was going to arrive May 1, when I called to customer service they just apologized even though I trusted them to delivered the dress when they promised they would. I am very upset that not only did they promise the dress would arrive the next day, but that I pay for a service that didn't work.

Original review: April 7, 2017

On April 1, 2017, I scored the BEST deal on a pair of sandals during the Friends & Family sale. The sandals are normally $188 and I got them for $43.88! I've been excitedly awaiting the delivery of my new shoes all week. I just checked my order status online and was shocked to see that my order had been cancelled without any notification to me. I called the customer service line and was told the order was cancelled due to a "pricing error" that "is against their pricing guidelines". I said that was completely their fault and they should send me the shoes for the price they sold them to me on their website.

After putting me on hold for several minutes, the customer service rep came back on and said that for my inconvenience his supervisor said I could choose any similar pair of shoes under $200 for $87.75 and "that should be good enough". Maybe that is a big discount but it's still double what the shoes were advertised for and sold to me for in the first place! I told him I was not interested and we ended the phone call. How is that legal? Wouldn't this be false advertisement? I expect much better customer service than this from Bloomingdale's.

Original review: March 16, 2017

Horrible customer service. I was checking online evening dresses for a wedding, I snap a pictures of the dresses I liked. When I got to the I showed the young man the pictures of the dresses I wanted to see. He got so upset that I didn't have the web ID and yelled at me saying "You could've gotten the web Id. Now I have to go thru so many pages because you couldn't get the web Id." I asked to speak to the manager. She came right away but the man still was arguing with me, I have never in my life experience such a bad service.

Another problem is that when you look at the dresses online they look really high end but when you get to the store it's a totally different material (cheaper) and even the design is different and when I asked no know why. I really wished that what you saw online it's what's actually there when you go in the store. Very deceiving. Very disappointing considering I'm spending over $350. That's the reason I would never shop at Bloomingdale's or recommend anyone to go in there. I love shopping at Nordstrom's because it doesn't matter how much you're spending. They treat you with respect and they go out of their way to help you find what you're looking.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

On December 24th, I came to Bloomingdale's to purchase a few Christmas gifts. Anaida **, a sales person, whom I know from my previous visits to the store, offered me her assistance. She helped me find the necessary items and told me about the various promotions. Anaida suggested opening a Bloomingdale's card that gave me an additional 20% off. I am thankful for getting the great deals and customer support. Anaida ** is very supportive, nice, helpful and she knows what she is doing. The customer service could not have been more friendly and helpful. I am now a big fan of Bloomingdale's.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

On November 28th I placed an order online for 3 items meant as Christmas presents. A week later I had no update as to where my order was. When I looked online 2 items had shipped and 1 item was cancelled. Now in a bind for a Christmas present, I called customer service. They told me the item was cancelled due to the fact that when the order was processed for shipping, it was no longer available. After explaining how this is inconvenient for me, she placed me on hold and came back saying she found the item and will expedite the shipping 1 to 2 days (which is a lie because one time I spent $30 to expedite an item and it still took over a week). How a company can not contact a customer to tell them an item was no longer available (when it was apparently) is ridiculous.

Bloomingdale's Company Information