Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's

3.9/5 (337 ratings)

About Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdale's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bloomingdales?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I opened a credit card with Bloomingdale's and was looking forward to become a loyal customer, but that will not happen. I ordered a stroller for a certain price and applied a 15% coupon on my purchase while placing the order on phone, which took long time, but that was fine, I understand it can take time. Two days after the purchase, stroller price dropped, and I was hoping that they can honor their 10 day policy for price drop.

I contacted them and one of the customer representative told me on chat that yes they will adjust the price and I should receive the email in 24 hrs. that will have the confirmation and state that. Easy right!? NO, the same person right after he made that statement within seconds tell me after I asked him, what is the price refund I should be expecting, said, "No. We cannot make the price adjustment." I am still stunned and shocked, and I did try their phone customer service and email but I got same response that they cannot make that adjustment. This is just plain the worst experience that I ever had with a store. I guess they just don't value their customers.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I always shop from Bloomingdales especially from SANDRO, MAJE brand department, today was one of my common shopping days and went to get some items. So I asked this girl Nicki to help out with some items and sizes. She was very unprofessional and very rude she has absolutely zero knowledge and she was totally useless. I cannot imagine how this huge company can hire this kind of people and present to customers as PROFESSIONALS!!!! She was very rude and she was rushing me a lot so I can leave/ I went to store at 6:40 pm and it was 20 mins till closing, so I had time to check up on items, and plus I am very quick and once I walk in I already know what I want so I don’t waste time.

Long story short She brought my items to register and as they didn’t have my sizes in stock she had to order them and I had 2 items she did one of them and I asked to wave the shipping fee she said she doesn’t know how to do it, how can she be working on that department if she doesn’t even know how to process multiple items at the same time and plus doesn’t know how to wave the shipping fee!!! And the funniest part is when she didn’t finished processing the check out she told me that I CAN GO ONLINE AND ORDER MYSELF WHATEVER ITEMS I WAS TRYING TO PURCHASE CUZ THEY ARE CLOSING SOON!!! I am very disappointed and honestly I hope no one asks for her help cuz she’s absolutely useless and she is VERY RUDE AND HAS THE WORST ATTITUDE EVER!!! She doesn’t belong there!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I am so sad to see Bloomingdale's behaving in such a fraudulent manner! I made a high value purchase that qualified me for a $300 gift card. I received an e:mail congratulating me for receiving a $300 gift card. Gift card never arrived but I assumed that it was registered to my account and went shopping. There was no gift card on my account, I was put on a phone call with Loyalty Help Line. I was on the phone close to an hour, after which I was told that they cannot help me.

After a week or so, I called again and was on the phone close to two hours, passed over from one department to the other, who asked me the same questions again and again. At the end someone told me that the gift card had been mailed to me a few days before. Three weeks passed, still no gift card! I wrote them a lengthy message, explaining my problem, zero response.. Horrible, disgraceful, nothing you would expect from such a reputable company! Think twice before buying anything on a promotion..

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Wow. Where do I even begin? December 2nd I decided to treat myself and buy a Gucci bag that I had been eyeing for a while. I placed my order online without issues and thought that would be the end of that- boy was I wrong. 20 minutes after I placed my order I received an email confirmation that said my order wasn't quite yet ready to be processed and that I need to call and verify some info. Ok cool, no problem. I called, verified my identity, personal info, card info, etc. Then my card was declined. Ok no worries...sometimes my bank declines big purchases or purchases from overseas.

I called them to let them know it was me and they said "No, your card was declined because of an incorrect security code". I had input all of my info correctly and told the CS worker at Bloomingdale's the correct code, so they had input it incorrectly. I figured I could call them back, have them enter in the right code and we could move on. How wrong was I. They ended up CANCELLING my order and said I had to order a replacement. This would be perfectly fine if the first order hadn't already placed a $2300 authorization hold on my bank account. I had specifically put enough money in this bank account to ONLY cover the costs of this purchase. So when they tried to order a replacement, my card was declined yet again (which would mean a SECOND hold of $2300 totaling $4600, not to mention my bank account has a daily spending limit of $3000 a day so even if the funds were there it would have declined regardless.

After 2 hours of getting the run around from Bloomingdales and my bank, I was told I had to wait 3-5 business days for the authorization charge to fall off so we could try again (At this point I had spoken to about 10-12 different people from Bloomingdales, reexplaining my situation without any resolution on an employee mistake. Finally I was able to speak with a supervisor who gave me free next day shipping to remedy the frustration. Awesome! We're not quite done yet.

Fast forward 6 days. The money was now available in my bank account and I could finally reorder my bag! Don't get too excited yet. I called the same number in the original confirmation email and explained the ENTIRE situation to avoid any confusion and reminded the CS worker twice about the free next day shipping that I was awarded. We verified my info, she placed my order. After that I asked a third time just to make sure if she had placed the next day shipping and then said that she forgot to and would transfer me to someone who could modify the order. (Come to find out I was charged for it as well!) I get transferred, they made the necessary changes and I thought I was home free. WRONG.

TWO HOURS LATER I get an email that my order was canceled yet AGAIN. This time I was actually furious. I called the number and demanded an explanation and was told that my card was "declined". I knew this wasn't right because we had processed the order this morning and the funds were yet again taken from my account as an authorization hold. I asked to speak with a supervisor who then told me that it was cancelled because a change was made to my shipping. I then explained that I had reminded the CS worker twice which shipping method I wanted and that it was still input incorrectly. I also asked why a change in shipping would trigger a cancellation and if that really was why, then why did the representative not know it would cancel automatically if this were the case?!

Expressing a lot of frustration I told them that if I did not receive some sort of store credit or coupon code I would easily go to Saks & Fifth to purchase the same item. After some back and forth I was finally able to haggle a measly $25 on my $2300 order (a whooping ~1% discount!) that was now being delayed 2 weeks (shipping included) over two separate instances of employee mistakes. Fast forward another 5 days (this morning December 12) the second authorization charge finally lifted from my bank account and I was able to attempt a third and final try. Yet again I called the number and explained I would like a supervisor on the line to make sure no mistakes were made in my order. All I requested was the free next day shipping and my $25 credit to be applied.

In the meantime I went online to view the item in question and saw that it was now sold out. Great. All of that nonsense for actually nothing. I found the same item on Saks & Fifth and ordered it this morning with zero issues. I'll finally get the bag I wanted in a few days. This was my first experience with Bloomingdales and was hoping to do business with them for a lifetime but I will NEVER purchase any high ticket item from them online ever again. I advise all who read this to do the same.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I went to the Bloomingdales website today and was immediately greeted with a pop-up that promised me 15% off my first order if I signed up for their emails. I did this and had to wait over an hour for their promo code email. When it finally arrived, there was a link to "Exclusions." It was the LONGEST list of exclusions I have ever seen. It was ridiculous. It was single spaced, tiny font and went on for almost TWO pages! I felt like they should've provided a list of what was NOT excluded. It might've been shorter!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I bought $650 shoes and was to receive a promotional gift card for $120 for a September promotion they were running. The gift card would be sent first week of October after the promotion ended. After receiving the shoes I noticed that they were too big. I simply wanted to exchange the shoe for a different size. I had to order over the phone since they did not have the shoes in stock in any location, so I could not try these on prior. I called immediately and was on the line with customer serving for 52 minutes! The first person I spoke to I found out had been in training, so it is took 15 minutes alone to walk her through what I was trying to do. She did not understand what I was saying and I kept repeating it and walking her through it.

I simply wanted to make sure I was going to receive the promotion still because it was just an exchange for smaller size. Realizing that this representative could not help, I asked to speak with a manager. I was now on the line with a manager who was apologizing for the situation. She understood what I was asking and said she could just give a gift card to my loyalist number if the first person screwed up the exchange and voided the promotional offer. This manager then transferred me to another representative who started from scratch.

Now 30+ minutes into the call I was repeating myself for the 3rd time to someone who was not a manager. After 5 minutes of back and forth I demanded to speak to a supervisor and not to be transferred again. Now on the line with the 4th representative and 49 minutes into the call, the person I was transferred to began telling me that they will not offer the promotion since it passed. I told them I was simply exchanging for one size down. They did not care and said my initial promotional gift card would be voided. I told them to cancel my loyalist card- return the shoes- and that I wasted 52+ minutes on the phone with 4 representatives.

This was the worst experience and most unprofessional customer service team I have ever dealt with. Nothing will give me back the time I wasted- as well as the aggravation. I hope to save everybody from having something like this happen to them over something so minor. I hope upper management is able to listen to the 52 minute call and realize what they are putting customers through. This is not customer service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

1. Received housewarming gift from a family member, multiple pieces came broken. 2. Called Bloomingdale's they said they would send a replacement item and sent a 30 dollar item instead of a 200 Dollar item we were gifted. 3. Called Bloomingdale's again, this time the said the item was out of stock, so they would send a gift card. 4. Bloomingdale's sent a 30 dollar gift card for a 200 dollar item. 5. Called Bloomingdale's again, they said they would sent another gift card. 6. Receive gift card on 7-7-20 go to use the gift card on 8.30.20, it says that the card has no balance. 7. Call Bloomingdale's and they say the gift card was used to buy another gift card?! It wasn’t, not by me, literally they offer no solution.

We had explained to them over and over again that the item was a gift, they canceled the gift card when they realized it was being sent to me instead of the purchaser, BUT THE ORIGINAL item was shipped to MY address, it was a gift, therefore someone else who lives at another address sent it to me, so it would make sense that the card in replacement of the damaged gift would be sent to me, how is that so hard to understand?! In summary Bloomingdale's has probably some of the WORST customer service I have ever seen. I would never recommend anyone purchase anything from them and I will never purchase anything from them again.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Hello, I had ordered a stroller with a bassinet and some of the items were missing! I ended up emailing just a few times and received a refund in a few days! They do value your feedback and want to make it right!!! There are a lot of negative reviews but I want to reassure customers, just be patient, it may take 1-3 days for someone to respond but your email will be addressed And your concern will be taken care of!

Original review: June 20, 2020

Hi everyone, Let's start off with this, I would give this zero stars if I could. This is directed at Arien who works in the Sandro section of Bloomingdale's. Body Shaming? Without consequences? The salesman had the audacity to tell a customer that they wouldn't fit in a dress and stretch the fabric. A wonderful representation of what a distasteful and disgusting department looks like, and I would totally recommend coming here if you want to get body shamed and embarrassed.

Being assisted by him, I wanted to try on one of the Sandro dresses that I originally owned and knew I FIT into. When I asked Arien to go into the back to get me a bigger size, he came back to tell me that he no longer had this dress. Why? Oh it's because he gave it to another woman who HE identified to be adequate enough to be wearing this dress. Just for your information, the dress I was planning to wear for my birthday. I have always been a loyal customer of Bloomingdale's but after this performance I would NEVER come back. If this man still works here just know that Bloomingdale's fully condones their employees to tell a customer whether or not they are fit enough to wear one of their dresses. Also Yelp is not the end of this and we will be contacting higher possessions to let them know of the disgusting and misogynistic behavior they are allowing at Sherman Oaks Westfield Bloomingdale's Mall within the Sandro section. Thanks!

Original review: June 13, 2020

This is the first and last time I'll ever try to shop at Bloomingdale's. They sent their customer service overseas, and they do not care about anything. I wouldn't be surprised if the stores close, their customer service is so bad. The cs act like they are so entitled to their jobs. They are not going to have jobs if they don't pull it together and figure out what baseline customer service is all about. I thought Bloomingdale's was a high-end department store with excellent service. They must have gotten their cs people out of a prison work program or something. This is just unbelievable.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I had to change the delivery address, the day after I placed my order, so I tried to contact the customer service. It was impossible to reach out to them for 3 days, on the 4th days they told me "it was too late, they couldn't do anything now, I should have tried before." I explained to them that I tried, they said, "Sorry it's the policy, you should try to call UPS," I called UPS, UPS told me Bloomingdale's were the only one to be able to change the address, as they are the sender!! To finish no one is able to change the address. It will cost me 100$ of uber to get it to go back to my place!

Original review: April 12, 2020

I've been a Bloomingdale's customer for over a decade, and if I could give them negative stars I would. So often, you order something, and it's sold out and your order is simply cancelled. I was considered one of their "best" customers, so I had no problem getting through to customer service, and I was well aware of their shady practices. Lots of weird extra fees added here and there. I'd call and dispute them, and they'd "forgive" them, but I wonder about charges I missed. I opened a card with them years ago, and this past fall I cut it up.

My last order was a pair of $40 children's sneakers in September. In January, after not using the card for months, I paid off the complete balance. I checked the balance a month later to make sure, and it still said zero. Well, I forgot to check in March, and they'd charge me interest on I don't know what. Like I said, my last order was in September. Since I didn't see the interest charge, they started adding their mysterious "fees". The coronavirus happened, and I definitely didn't think to check.

I finally got a letter from them in April. Their fees on MY PAID OFF CARD had now amounted to over $138 and they informed me they were sending a collection agency after me. I called and paid off the amount and demanded they finally close the card 100%. They informed me there might be MORE owing on interest on interest... For what??? I'd stopped shopping there for almost a year and paid off my card in total. Just a completely shady, poorly run con job of a company. STILL waiting to close my card. AND they caused my credit to drop by 50 points on a card I'd fully paid off. I hope they go bankrupt. Will never shop there again. Signed, "One of our best customers". (If this is how they treat their best customers, good luck if you're not a shopaholic.)

Original review: March 14, 2020

I am very disappointed with Bloomingdale's. I have been a loyal customer for years. I have two black card accounts meaning I buy a lot in their stores and online. Recently I made a purchase online that was lost and I have never received it. We do not have a concierge in our complex to sign for the deliveries but somehow delivery person stated that concierge signed. I called the Bloomingdale's customer service twice and received a letter that they cant reimburse me or resend the package. I spent so much money in this store, won't be back. It is such a disappointment that they don't want to take care of their customers. It is not my fault if they contract with some unreliable delivery services.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Bloomingdales in Aventura Mall horrible customer service. I went to do an exchange of a shoe that was not worn. The shoe material easily mark up. The shoe I was going to exchange it for the same just different size had marks as well. It’s just how it’s made. I had to wait 30 minutes for a manager Michael approval to only not get the service of exchange I wanted with receipt. Comparing both shoe looked exactly the same. I also felt racially profiled because a different race of lady just did a return before with 5 different pair of shoes that were worn out!

When contacting corporate the manager Melony ** sided with the store manager. She was no help and didn’t make since when I asked her about the shoe in store that look exactly the same she stated it’s not up for sale. I state yes because I’m comparing and complaining and had nothing to say. Horrible company. Merchandise is too expensive to be treated so poorly. Will never shop there again in entire life!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I am a loyal Bloomingdale shopper and been so for many years. Purchased online the Tom Ford perfume $240. Upon receiving it, the scent was horrific! I called the Bloomingdale customer service phone line, and the representative stated I can return the perfume for another perfume or for a full refund; I stated, I wanted a full refund. I asked the representative if I can return the perfume if I had removed the plastic wrap and representative stated, “Yes, you can return the perfume without the wrap.” Representative went on to provide me options for the return which was either sending me a return label to ship back for free, and get full refund or I was able to go to any Bloomingdale store and return for a full refund. I chose to do to a Bloomingdale store within the Willowbrook mall in Wayne NJ.

As I waited patiently for a salesperson in the Tom Ford section at the Wayne NJ Bloomingdale store, I finally asked someone if they can help me; Bloomingdale store employee found the salesperson who was assigned to the Tom Ford section; Salesperson immediately states, "We cannot take that perfume back because the plastic wrap was no longer on the product, nor can you get a full refund." I explained to him that I checked with the Bloomingdale online representative before making this trip to the store and the online representative confirmed that I CAN return the product without the plastic wrap and get a full refund. Store Salesperson stated absolutely not. I left the store and called Bloomingdale online customer service and the representative sent me a return label and stated to return item for a full refund.

I am very thankful that the Bloomingdale online customer service was able to resolve my issue, but it was truly a waste of time and energy going to the Bloomingdale store in Wayne NJ. I will never go to that Bloomingdale store in Wayne NJ. Bloomingdale online service and Bloomingdale in-store need to have the same policies and services to avoid such confusion and poor customer service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

One of the worst companies I've ever attempted to deal with. Tried to order online from them 3 TIMES. THEY KEPT CANCELLING THE ORDER. The Mean, and rude representation REFUSED TO USE THE SIGN UP EMAIL CODE WE HAD. They REFUSED TO HELP US ORDER EVEN ON THE PHONE. 3 phone calls, we finally give up. Absolutely ridiculous Company.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

While shopping in store, we found some salad plates that we liked, but they only had one in stock, and we wanted more. After the difficult task of finding an associate in the store to assist us, we purchased the one, and were told we could order more for delivery to our home. So we did that, and a week or so later, the delivery arrived, but the plates that were shipped were not the ones that were ordered. So during the weekend I went to the store to try and straighten it out. The person helping could not figure out what to do so had to go find their supervisor.

They did process a return and re-order, but the return was split between a gift card and the original payment method, even though the original payment was 100% debit card. She said it was a glitch, but no biggie since I was re-ordering, it should not be a problem. So today, I received the second shipment, and again they were the same incorrect plates. This is now the second time I received these incorrect plates.

I called the customer service phone number, the automated process asked for my order number which I entered which it said it did not recognize. My frustration level is getting to the point where I am getting very annoyed. I am then transferred to an actual person who says they can see my order number. If the system did not recognize what I entered, how can she see that it is valid?

I explain the situation to her, and she said sorry, but they do not have that item in stock, and they will refund my money and send me a return shipping label. She does not seem to care at all about the inconveniences I have been through trying to get what we ordered. Her attitude was more along the line of ‘how quickly can I get off the phone with this customer’. I asked her if I will be receiving a receipt for the return because of the gift card glitch from the first return, and before I could finish my sentence she transferred me to a gift card department that was completely useless and had no idea I was just on the phone working on this return already.

They of course could not do anything because I had no gift card, and they could not access my order. So they transferred me to another department who also could not access my order and told me I had to return to the store. However, I believe the first person I talked to had already done the return and provided a return shipping label. Now what? I had no idea where I stood with my return. Complete carelessness from the first customer service agent. I am totally frustrated from the experience and my family has decided WE WILL NEVER SHOP AT BLOOMINGDALES EVER AGAIN!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I received promotional cards after purchasing in store on 9/17/19. The cards were expired in a month. So I made purchase online using the cards. One item was on hold then cancelled. I called customer service, stores, and even in store in person. Eventually Store manager said a replacement card would mail to me. After a few weeks, the card didn't show up. I called again, left messages to three store managers...the issue is still unsolved. Meanwhile, I returned some items, the promotional card value was deducted from the return amount.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

There is a problem with their inventory control which translates to poor customer service and satisfaction! I ordered a Christmas gift on 11/23 and was on backorder and was informed it would ship 12/24 which was fine. I would just give the leather Tory Burch backpack to my daughter a few days late! Well ON CHRISTMAS EVE they CANCEL my order and state they can no longer fill! Really?? They could not have determined this 2 weeks ago to give me time to shop for another? That’s just a terrible way to treat a valued customer or does Bloomingdales not care about customer service?

Unfortunately a similar situation occurred last Christmas when they sent me a parka instead of the leather coat I bought for a Christmas gift then said the leather coat pictured isn’t even a product they carry. Who sets up their online store? It’s a mess. Well 2 strikes and I’m out. Bloomingdales has lost me as a customer. I will stick with Nordstrom’s! Their online store is superior to any other! Merry Christmas!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

We visit New York regularly from Australia and always shop at Bloomingdale's. My wife has a walking problem and we were greeted at the door by a very nice gentleman, Kyle ** and requested a wheelchair. This we do at each visit and normally one is made available. Kyle said no problem only to be told that none were available. We were offered a personal shopper to bring whatever we were interested in but this was not the same for us to shop. After some time a wheelchair appeared together with a personal shopper. This resulted in my wife purchasing four items from the ladies department. Full thanks and marks to Kyle ** who persisted with the wheelchair request. Without we would not have shopped at Bloomingdale's. Next visit I will call to see if a wheelchair is available.

Donald

Western Australia

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I really like Bloomingdale's. They have a huge selection of clothing and shoes and when they have sales you can get some really nice things at a very good price. I don't live very near Bloomingdale's so I don't get to go there very often but when I do I find some great buys and I would recommend it to anyone who likes beautiful clothing, etc and go when they have a sale and you'll be very happy.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Lexington & 59th St Store is exciting to shop there. Employees are happy to help or assist me with my needs and wants. I felt very pleased to shop there. It has become my favorite store to shop...

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My Bloomingdale's experience has been filled with skeptical customer reps whom appear reluctant to provide services. They action project people of color should not shop in their store. On several shopping trips I needed help with facial cleanser and moisture cream, the rep began quoting prices before naming the product. Rep states: prices begin at fifty dollars while smiling smugly.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Shopping in Bloomingdale's experience is like no others. Sure their prices are high but the quality of the merchandise is higher. When you wear something from Bloomingdale's you stand out. People can tell it is obvious that you have great taste and like the finer things in life.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

This retail always have awesome customer service from helping you to find a item to checking out. There is always something new to see and I love the women clothing area is always neat. The trying on area is always neat and clean. You don't have to fumble over left over clothes.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Bloomingdale's is spacious, easy to move around, items attractive. Sometimes designers are hard to find items. There are too many overpriced clothing, choices limited, need more bathrooms, some designers have more attendants on the floor than others.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

My advice: Pay attention to Bloomingdale's sales. Especially when shopping for something very very special. Got a gorgeous dress at a rock bottom price --AGAIN! Even if that occasion is still a while away. Many really good outfits can be worn in 3 or even 4 seasons.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Racial profiling and very rude. I will never buy a thing from this store again. It was very insulting not to mention embarrassing. Good luck because if they treat all their customers like that I'm sure they be out of business soon. Good luck.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I tried to use a gift card to make a purchase online. Payment failed to go through multiple times and eventually I called customer service. They said there was a technical problem and that they would call me back in 3 hours, they never called back. The following day I called again. The woman over the phone took me through the order and then said it had gone through. I got a confirmation email. 1 week goes by and I check on the website, where it says my order was cancelled. I never got any notification that it was cancelled.

I call again, and ask why it was cancelled. They said they need to confirm something with their "consumer protection". So I talk to them and they take my info and then they say the order went through. Now I got an email saying my order was shipped and 2 of the items are wrong. Bloomingdale's online ordering is an absolute mess, it's embarrassing.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I ordered a few other items, and they went on sale the day after. I called their customer support to get a price adjustment and they said they would. I later received an automated email saying I was not eligible even though according to their policy I clearly was. I could have easily reordered the items but by the time I dealt with the idiots running their customer service department, they no longer had any of the items I had ordered in my size. I wasted over $300 because of them and they did absolutely nothing to help. They even stopped replying to my emails which is completely disrespectful to the consumer. I will be taking my business elsewhere and advise anyone reading to not get this horrible company a cent.

Bloomingdale's Company Information