3.4/5 (184 ratings)

About Big Lots

Big Lots Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: June 1, 2022

I love this Store. It is nice and clean, they have a wide variety of things. They have indoor and outdoor items for your home, really nice decorations for your home and very tasteful. They also have a wide variety of food, treats and toys for your pets as well as grooming items. The list goes on. They have a friendly, helpful staff. They also have a sense of humor which goes a long way with me. I would give them as well as the store a ten and a half if I could.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I recently bought what I thought was a beautiful addition to my living room. Which was Elaine Furniture Solutions Gray Sectional. I was so excited about it and I brought it home and everything was good. Then 30 days go by and I’m telling you it was like the 32nd day the couch started ripping at it seams. And now I’m outside of the return window so they only want to give me in-store credit of 20% less of what I paid originally. So now I’m out of my original couch, money and this couch is a piece of junk. The frame broke and it is ripping at it seams. What a nightmare. A thousand dollars ripped apart. Save your money.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Purchased a sectional from Big Lots, within one month the frame broke through the back and the seams on the cushions came apart. I went to file a claim through the extended warranty and they said I had to wait a year for that to kick in, so to file a claim with the store as they had a one-year warranty from date of purchase. I called the store, told them my issue and was told they don't do anything for that. They said they DO NOT RE-ORDER any furniture even for replacement of broken furniture.

I was told I had to call other Big Lots to see if any of them had a replacement couch just sitting around and if they did I had to load up my couch and drive it there to swap it. I called every Big Lots in my STATE and none had it just sitting around and I was told that they wouldn't have one just sitting around as if people order one it is spoken for.

They said my best bet was to wait for the extended warranty to kick in and then file the claim. SO I did exactly that, and it was denied because I should have filed the claim within 5 days of noticing the damage. So I suppose I should have lied about the damage date but I didn't know I was supposed to do that. So here I am with a broken couch with a huge opening in the seams. When people ask where we bought it from I tell the BIG LOTS and to NEVER BUY FROM THERE this has been a mess and a headache and no one seems to EVER be able to help you.

I called the store just to get the model number and the furniture department person said "how do you expect me to figure that out??" My reply: "Well you work in the furniture department, that's your job right?" She didn't ask me anything about it, I told her it was the Pasadena Sectional and she said, "Well there you go, that's your model..." Smh. Terrible is all I have to say and please buyer even though the price is good and it's a good brand if you have ANY ISSUES EVER, it's impossible to get any help.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I would give this company -5 stars if it were available. This company seriously needs to be boycotted until somebody in corporate addresses the horrific service within their company!!! I ordered a sectional with ottoman online with same delivery and to make a long story short delivery never showed up, I went to pick up the furniture myself and it was broken! The store did refund the money I spent to rent the truck to pick up the furniture but that is it! I got "sorry sir". These days "sorry" doesn't cut it or isn't enough to compensate me for my time and energy spent trying to simply buy furniture. Corporate is IMPOSSIBLE to contact, nor has any called me back to compensate me for my time and headache! The store managers even said they can't reach corporate to do anything about the broken furniture or the ridiculous delivery service they are using to deliver furniture.

I need to contact the local news channel to do a story about how screwed up this company is and the sheer lack of concern for the future business model of this company! I will no longer support this company until someone from CORPORATE can spend just as much time as I have addressing my issues in trying to mediate their lack of customer care!

Original review: March 23, 2022

Unbeknownst to me, you can make a payment too early. To which I did and was assessed a late fee. Called in to explain & have it reversed only to be told NO. I used my courtesy reversal in Oct. 2021 & there's nothing they can do. I asked just to be clear...I'm being charged a late fee for paying too early. Yes! Absolutely ridiculous!

Original review: March 20, 2022

I ordered on Friday 3/18/22 and was trying to get a Sunday delivery but system kept saying Saturday. So I got confirmation for Saturday 3/19/22 between 9am-9pm. Then I got a text saying I'd get a text when the delivery team has picked up my order. I could click on the link and see the status of my delivery. I rearranged my schedule and didn't work because I waited on them. I checked & finally at 12:34pm they were just locating a team. I waited for hours still no call. I finally chatted with the help online around 6:00pm & they tell me the dispatch team has no drivers and they can't deliver until Monday. I asked why wasn't I contacted before 6:00pm. He/She claimed they just contacted her to inform them.

BULLCRAP. It was a Saturday night and no one wanted to work. SUNDAY was NEVER offered. The person on the chat kept getting smart with me also saying I could either have them deliver MONDAY or pick another day & there are no guarantees on their window of delivery. So I have to miss work waiting on them between 10-12 pm on MONDAY. When I said I'd be calling Corporate about this, she said I was talking to Corporate. When I said The CEO, she didn't say anything. Before I could screenshot the messages, she deleted the chat conversation and put that the delivery was rescheduled to Monday.

But nothing digital is ever truly deleted. Their IT team can pull it up. So I will be calling Corporate on Monday. So much for a $95.00 charge for same day delivery. I called the store and the guy in furniture kindly gave me the third party delivery phone # to call. But I already know they won't refund my money on delivery fee. I WILL NEVER buy any Furniture from them again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Well they were very helpful in every way possible. What I mean was no matter when or what time I go in there someone is always asking, "May I help you." Sometimes 3 or 4 person. It doesn't bother me cause I see someone notice I am in there.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I have been to the Big Lots on Cortana 15 different times to buy a couch. There has been some issue with it every time. I have been waiting for the couch for a month. I finally ordered the couch and it was delivered the next day only to find it was the wrong couch. When we went back for the right couch the discounted amount was wrong. It was a floor model so it was disgusting and there was a burn mark. I have never been so mad at a store before or even had this many issues. I do not recommend ever going to big lots. Go to Ashley Furniture for furniture or go to a cheap store for food.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

The Gazebo was easy to set up and looked so pretty. But a couple rainstorms and it rusted, broke apart and was falling over. Horribly cheap!!! It should have lasted more than 6 months and it was a waste of 500.00. The Store was no help in Ocean Twp NJ. Do not buy.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

My name is Linda and I am a Big Lots customers. I purchase two recliners from your Big lots store in fort Worth Texas. One of the chairs was delivered soiled, worn, and used. With the pandemic in place I would think Big lots a trusted company would have policies and procedures in place to prevent this from happening.

I did contact the store and also called your customer complaint line. The chair has been in my home for 2 weeks now with no resolution. I eventually spoke with the store manager. These chairs are still at my home. He showed no remorse, never said an apology for this happening to me and my family and putting us at risk. Are there procedures in place with Big lots to ensure this does not happen to customers? The pandemic is still going on. I just lost my mother on November the 3rd 2021 from covid 19. Why put families at risk? Unbelievable!

Big Lots Company Information