2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (371 ratings)

About Big Lots

Big Lots Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: March 17, 2021

Big Lots is a great and friendly place to work. All the staff feels like family. I enjoy all the regular customers that make me really feel like part of the community. If you are looking for a nice place to work this is it.

Original review: March 5, 2021

We bought a Broyhill sectional from Big Lots in Winter Haven, Fl in March of 2013. Although it is showing signs of wear, overall it has held up well and is still in use. We spend most of our time when home on the sectional. It has been a very comfortable, durable choice. I definitely feel we got our money’s worth of use. We would buy a Broyhill from Big Lots again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Big Lots offers a good selection of furniture at reasonable prices. I know, one doesn't think of Big Lots and furniture. I plan on buying my next futon mattress which is used as a couch from Big Lots. If you're looking sectionals, comfy recliners, individual pieces, coffee. And end tables, there's a good selection. Also, lamps, rugs, kitchen islands, bed frames, and many home accessories.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Wanted to purchase a recliner. Showed not in store. Tried to order online. Went to purchase and it said unable to complete. Card denied. There was more than enough money in my account. Tried again. Same thing. Tried a third time. Another notice that transaction not accepted. Guess what? Even though "transaction unable to complete", they DID process the initial $311 and THEN proceeded to wipe out my checking/debit account!!! Called BG customer service. Said transaction didn't go through but to allow at least 10 days for the funds they held to be released. WHAT? You wipe out my account for not only the initial $311 but take out everything from my account on transactions not approved, but I am to wait DAYS, over a week..to get MY money back. This is NOT right. This is clearly an unfair and unjust practice.

I called my bank but can't dispute because its pending charges that has frozen my money. Meanwhile, BG is making money/interest on my money wrongfully taken. I WILL be taking this matter to court. You can't wipe out someone bank account for days and expect them to live. I have bills due. I need groceries. But I can't buy because Big Lots. I will also file complaint with Attorney General and BBB. DON'T DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THESE FRAUDULENT CONARTISTS!!! (5 DAYS LATER...MONEY STILL BEING HELD BY BIG LOTS)

Original review: July 21, 2021

I have bought 5 pieces of furniture from Bog Lots and sadly ALL of them had a defect in some way! Their furniture is garbage and will never buy anything again! I recently bought a $129 rollaway bed and it broke down in 3 days!!!! The only good experience I had was buying with Progressive leasing. I’m sure I will buy other things at Big Lots but definitely NOT their furniture.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I looked at all the horrible experience before purchasing a mattress. & I still went to order a $800 mattress. First off the customer service sucks. Not only they took forever to ship my mattress out. It arrived drenched in I don’t know what. It wasn’t raining. & the entire side was black like it was rolled to my house from the warehouse. I wasn’t mad at Big Lots knowing it wasn’t their fault. It was the warehouse but when I called to explain that it didn’t just arrive in dirt & mud they also took my mattress instead of leaving it so I can sleep on it! The new mattress was disgusting & destroyed. I called like 5 customer service representative none cared that I didn’t have a bed to sleep on. It's going on 2 weeks. Still waiting on the replacement...This is a Joke! NEVER AGAIN. I’m so happy I tested this out with my bed only. Definitely buying my kid's bed & guest room bed SOMEWHERE else.

Original review: April 12, 2021

We went after 2 weeks and ask the associate the status on our furniture and she was very rude!! She was yelling at my husband in front of other customers just because he ask her if it was back yet. She was very rude and unprofessional!!! We will never buy from this Big Lots again. This was the Big Lots store #5417.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I made a purchase at my local Big Lots for a mattress to pick up along with some other items. Half of the items were not available so half were being shipped and another half I had to pick up. When my order was marked as ready to be picked up, I drove there to get it. The clerk in the furniture section came out and loaded the mattress along with some pictures on my vehicle. I was parked right at the front door. My boyfriend went in to buy rope and went past a employee saying, "Her card didn't go through" and they started panicking and ran outside.

The clerk then addressed me differently agitated and told me he had to get everything off my vehicle. My payment didn't go through. I was dumbfounded. I asked why. He said I needed to go discuss it with my bank. He made sure there was other employees standing out there watching as he got the stuff off my car. This was embarrassing and the fact that when it said my bed my ready, I threw away my old mattress. So I went home and called my bank, guess what? The payment was on hold. I then accessed Big Lots online help chat and they told me not to worry that the money would be refunded within 2 to three business days. I didn't want to go without a bed so four day later I bought a cheaper bed from somewhere else.

Ten days later I check my account and it says my items are ready to be picked up still. I was furious. I again accessed chat who then gave me a case number. I believe I waited a whole 15 days to receive 1000 dollars back into my account. This is not right. I always loved shopping at Big Lots but I felt so downgraded and like my issue didn't matter. I just wanted this to be out there. They need a new process in ordering furniture. I would not have thrown my bed out if it wasn't ready and the fact that my payment did go through and I was treated like that is the topping to it all.

Original review: March 20, 2021

So I bought online a twin mattress set for my son. It says it was in stock so I bought it even said pick the date and all our information. I paid not even 10 minutes get a email saying it’s cancel. They don’t have it in stock. I’m like what just happen. It said they did have them both in stock so they basically took my money and 10 minutes later telling me both items I just purchased were out of stock? First of all It should of said that online in the first place why take my money? I had similar experience with Macy’s. The only difference Macy’s never took my money. They said, "Sorry we don’t have them items" but never took my money like Big Lots.

Now I have to wait days for my refund and it’s close to a week and still my money is not back in my account. Keeps saying pending only. I honestly don’t recommend anyone shopping online at all. They shouldn’t had taken my money when something it’s out of stock. Now I’m still waiting for my money back cause is close to a week and still nothing. Thinking calling my bank. Taking forever. At this point never again. I’m honestly scare that they did fraud or something. Regardless I’ll be reporting this to my bank, As a Influencer I will be posting about my experience online too. That’s my job.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Bought a brand new recliner along with a sectional about 8 months ago. Have already returned the recliner once. Now the present one has broken and will not work! The mechanism crunches the squirrels have been at work in there. The sectional pads are all sagging and this stuff is just plain garbage! DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM THIS PLACE!!!! By the way, my wife and I are not heavy people. She weighs 112 soaking wet, I, 182!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I often go to Big Lots in Sterling, VA to browse and on my last trip. I kept bumping into a man who, as it turns out, was following me around which I found disturbing and then I realized he was probably an employee or security who thought I was going to steal. This is such a demeaning and uncomfortable feeling and I would rather be searched before I leave the store than to be followed around and he was so obvious about it. This is the second Big Lot location where this has happened and being a Hispanic makes me wonder if they are targeting. I don’t know what they think I can fit into my small handbag or shallow jacket pocket but that was my last trip to any Big Lot.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I have shopped many times at this store. Lately, when my husband and I go in this store, we are being followed around the store like they think we are going to steal something. My husband and I pay for everything we buy in your store. He has normally gone with me when he gets off of work and is still wearing his work clothes. My husband owns a construction business and he has paint or dirt or something from work on his clothes. Just because he has that on his clothes doesn't mean he or I will steal anything. It means he has a job and has the money to buy anything he wants, but maybe we need to spend that money elsewhere.

It is horrible to be followed around by 3 or 4 of your employees just because they have no clue that a shoplifter is not going to look like they work because their only job is shoplifting and you can't get dirty doing that. I sometimes go help my husband work, so I might look like I just left a construction site. He remodels houses, so I go clean or paint or help install trim and fixtures. We are very insulted. I filled out their complaint form and they never even bothered to acknowledge that they received it, so I guess corporate doesn't care that someone who spends a lot of money in their stores won't be spending any money in their stores anymore. The first time they followed us around, we laughed. But when it has been 4 times in a row that we are followed, we have had enough.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I bought a love seat from them and was told I could get the matching sofa. Well, they can't find one unless I travel to another state to pick it up by myself. They refused to have it shipped to the store. Now I'm stuck with the love seat and no sofa! I even called customer service at main office and they said I had to go to another state if I wanted the matching sofa.

Big Lots Company Information