3.9/5 (369 ratings)

About Big Lots

Big Lots Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Promotional periods are not made clear when you make purchases, you can be charged ridiculous interest charges. Then when you try to get it resolved they are not willing to do anything. They do not take into account details and history of customer.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

The furniture counter person named Mary was very rude to me and my family! We were trying to purchase 2 children's recliners. There were no signs made for the furniture stating they were display chairs so we took them to the front to pay for them. We were told to take them back to the furniture counter where Mary was to help us get the chairs that we could buy! When I approached her she was very rude talking to me about leasing. I was not sure as to what was going on at that moment because my husband was coming over and I thought he had already purchased the chairs. The lady who was helping us spoke very fast and was hard to understand, I heard from her to meet Mary and exchange the chairs. I was trying to explain to Mary that we had already purchased the chairs on our Big Lots card and she continued to be rude and argue with me instead of having customer service and explaining the situation, she continued with an attitude in front of other customers about leasing.

First of all there should be signage on all the furniture to communicate to us customers what is displays! That would help these kind of misunderstanding situations from happening! It was very confusing! We left the Everett Big Lots store not purchasing anything and we will never purchase anything from this store again! We have already purchased furniture from this store a few weeks ago, a king size bed and fireplace! These are big purchases for our family and we were planning on purchasing more! Big Lots in Everett we will never purchase from again! Mary who works at the furniture counter needs to get a different job and not work in customer service! She has disrespected our family and our hard earned money will go towards another furniture store!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Tried 3 times to order a Gazebo. First two orders Big lots requested the carrier return them to shipper. Without explanation to me. And Without refund! After 14 phone calls finally got a refund. They had reordered third one and never shipped it but took my money just the same. Now 19 calls and countless hours on the phone they have agreed to refund but tell me I have to wait 7-10 business days. They took it in less than 2 minutes. I recorded the entire call this time letting them know so they tried to hang up on me so my attorney who also had a bad experience with them sent them a letter on my behalf.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Purchased furniture and box had been taped over. Furniture had threads hanging from majority of cushions. One cushion's side completely unthreaded. Straps for ottoman broken, sectional scratched. Obviously had been used. Contacted Big Lots through chat. Was told they would phone or email. After a week, emailed them, told them of issues and that I live an hour away and very difficult to return. They emailed back and said it is not their responsibility, I could return to store but it had nothing to do with them. Paid to have cushions and straps repaired and trying to ignore rest of damage. Lesson learned, stay away from Big Lots.

Original review: July 17, 2022

***HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY.***JUST AVOID AND STAY AWAY.*** Placed online order and received email order is ready for p/u. ONE MINUTE LATER - another email sent - “ORDER CANCELED”. What??? How is this possible? No attempts by BL to correct their error. So I called customer service. 30 mins later, Gisselle has another order set up for another location. Great! But 24 hrs later the 2nd order is canceled too! So I drive 30mins to a BL location that has 47 available!!! When I arrive none are available! How completely inept and incompetent can this company be??? I called Gisselle at customer service again and ask to speak to a supervisor. She refused. I asked a total of 7x to speak to a manager. Each time she refused. How does this company stay in business? You’ve lost a customer and I will broadcast this message to friends, family, and everyone I know. Big Lots is THE ABSOLUTE WORST!!!!

Original review: June 27, 2022

I’m a Big Lots customer for more than 20 years and also Big Lots credit card holder. Today 6/27/2022 I went to store #5156 in Kissimmee, Florida to purchase some patio furniture and At the store I was informed that they did not have it on stock. From where I live is about a 32 mile drive one way and 64 miles round trip. I told my wife, "Oh well let’s get something’s" so we purchase cookies, chips and some women nail accessories. We got home and to my surprise the Archway soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies were expired.

I called the store promptly on to talk to the manager Melisa who was belligerent. I decided to call the corporate office and report the experience at (866)244-6803 which was a waste of time over an hour on the phone and no one picks up the telephone. I called their corporate office at (614)278-6800 which is just another number to transfer you to the telephone no one answers (866)244-5687. Big Lots has no integrity and it is full of crooks. Stay away from them. I lost $3.29 and about 2 gallons of gasoline. Big Lots lost an old faithful customer.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I love this Store. It is nice and clean, they have a wide variety of things. They have indoor and outdoor items for your home, really nice decorations for your home and very tasteful. They also have a wide variety of food, treats and toys for your pets as well as grooming items. The list goes on. They have a friendly, helpful staff. They also have a sense of humor which goes a long way with me. I would give them as well as the store a ten and a half if I could.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I recently bought what I thought was a beautiful addition to my living room. Which was Elaine Furniture Solutions Gray Sectional. I was so excited about it and I brought it home and everything was good. Then 30 days go by and I’m telling you it was like the 32nd day the couch started ripping at it seams. And now I’m outside of the return window so they only want to give me in-store credit of 20% less of what I paid originally. So now I’m out of my original couch, money and this couch is a piece of junk. The frame broke and it is ripping at it seams. What a nightmare. A thousand dollars ripped apart. Save your money.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Purchased a sectional from Big Lots, within one month the frame broke through the back and the seams on the cushions came apart. I went to file a claim through the extended warranty and they said I had to wait a year for that to kick in, so to file a claim with the store as they had a one-year warranty from date of purchase. I called the store, told them my issue and was told they don't do anything for that. They said they DO NOT RE-ORDER any furniture even for replacement of broken furniture.

I was told I had to call other Big Lots to see if any of them had a replacement couch just sitting around and if they did I had to load up my couch and drive it there to swap it. I called every Big Lots in my STATE and none had it just sitting around and I was told that they wouldn't have one just sitting around as if people order one it is spoken for.

They said my best bet was to wait for the extended warranty to kick in and then file the claim. SO I did exactly that, and it was denied because I should have filed the claim within 5 days of noticing the damage. So I suppose I should have lied about the damage date but I didn't know I was supposed to do that. So here I am with a broken couch with a huge opening in the seams. When people ask where we bought it from I tell the BIG LOTS and to NEVER BUY FROM THERE this has been a mess and a headache and no one seems to EVER be able to help you.

I called the store just to get the model number and the furniture department person said "how do you expect me to figure that out??" My reply: "Well you work in the furniture department, that's your job right?" She didn't ask me anything about it, I told her it was the Pasadena Sectional and she said, "Well there you go, that's your model..." Smh. Terrible is all I have to say and please buyer even though the price is good and it's a good brand if you have ANY ISSUES EVER, it's impossible to get any help.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I would give this company -5 stars if it were available. This company seriously needs to be boycotted until somebody in corporate addresses the horrific service within their company!!! I ordered a sectional with ottoman online with same delivery and to make a long story short delivery never showed up, I went to pick up the furniture myself and it was broken! The store did refund the money I spent to rent the truck to pick up the furniture but that is it! I got "sorry sir". These days "sorry" doesn't cut it or isn't enough to compensate me for my time and energy spent trying to simply buy furniture. Corporate is IMPOSSIBLE to contact, nor has any called me back to compensate me for my time and headache! The store managers even said they can't reach corporate to do anything about the broken furniture or the ridiculous delivery service they are using to deliver furniture.

I need to contact the local news channel to do a story about how screwed up this company is and the sheer lack of concern for the future business model of this company! I will no longer support this company until someone from CORPORATE can spend just as much time as I have addressing my issues in trying to mediate their lack of customer care!

Big Lots Company Information