3.7/5 (368 ratings)

About Big Lots

Big Lots Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I have been to the Big Lots on Cortana 15 different times to buy a couch. There has been some issue with it every time. I have been waiting for the couch for a month. I finally ordered the couch and it was delivered the next day only to find it was the wrong couch. When we went back for the right couch the discounted amount was wrong. It was a floor model so it was disgusting and there was a burn mark. I have never been so mad at a store before or even had this many issues. I do not recommend ever going to big lots. Go to Ashley Furniture for furniture or go to a cheap store for food.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

The Gazebo was easy to set up and looked so pretty. But a couple rainstorms and it rusted, broke apart and was falling over. Horribly cheap!!! It should have lasted more than 6 months and it was a waste of 500.00. The Store was no help in Ocean Twp NJ. Do not buy.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

My name is Linda and I am a Big Lots customers. I purchase two recliners from your Big lots store in fort Worth Texas. One of the chairs was delivered soiled, worn, and used. With the pandemic in place I would think Big lots a trusted company would have policies and procedures in place to prevent this from happening.

I did contact the store and also called your customer complaint line. The chair has been in my home for 2 weeks now with no resolution. I eventually spoke with the store manager. These chairs are still at my home. He showed no remorse, never said an apology for this happening to me and my family and putting us at risk. Are there procedures in place with Big lots to ensure this does not happen to customers? The pandemic is still going on. I just lost my mother on November the 3rd 2021 from covid 19. Why put families at risk? Unbelievable!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I just made an order on their website by mistake. I started a refund claim but they reply saying that I will have to return the order after its shipment. They have not ship the order yet and they say they cannot cancel it!!! Never saw such a hassle to cancel an order I just made.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

This company claimed to offer better deals than the big name department stores. Their Black Friday was 50% less than their competitors. They simply did not have the supply to do ANY Black Friday sales period! They allowed items to be shipped out of your cart. I thought I scored a great deal. I purchased over $80 worth of toys and paid $40. Boy was I wrong. When I checked online to see if my order had shipped; I noticed that my ENTIRE order had been canceled. No email notification or anything. I paid with a Big Lots gift card. Was the money refunded back onto the card? NOPE. There apparently were A LOT of consumers with the same complaint. I will NEVER shop at this store ever again. What a waste of time and money!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I placed an order for my kid's Christmas candy & half the order was canceled. Plus, on top of that, I didn't get one of my packages from them. Something that should have been fun has turned out to be stressful. I should have just shopped at Target.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I ordered some items online and when I got to the checkout it would not allow me to checkout. Tried entering different zip codes for different stores as it prompted me to for whatever reason. Finally called support and they informed me that most of the times when checkout does not work it is because the items are not in stock. And I asked her why then it shows on the website they are in stock, and she said their system is not updated to match what is on the website to match what is available to ship. I thought that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Why should you mislead your online customers to buy what you don't even have? Do not buy online, waste of time!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Please do yourself a favor and do not buy furniture through Big Lots. For $700 after tax and a protection plan added, and driving 2 hours round trip to a store that actually had one in stock, I expected the dresser I bought to meet a minimum quality standard. It did not. Issues:

-The legs are made out of some sort of sorry cheap wood - not nice hardwood, not metal, not even ABS plastic - nothing that can handle the weight of the dresser. One of them split apart while we were tightening the leg to the bottom! Come to realize it was because there was a giant knot in the wood piece! Had to do a quick glue together, tape for stability, drive the end farther into the wood and go to town to find longer screws....another unnecessary added cost. When we finally got them on, the legs could not even handle the weight of the dresser to be tipped over and another leg started to bust out! We had to manhandle it to lean on the bed and then drop it as straight down as we could on the legs. I don't have high hopes that the legs will remain steady - figure at some point I'll awake to a crash in the middle of the night from it collapsing.

- There are defects in the veneer on the front. Two places I could see where it's warped, and nicks here and there. Not happy about that.

- There was tape all over the inside of the drawers, I guess from where they were cutting and didn't want the cheap pressed wood to rip but I'm honestly not sure. Material also isn't steady - there's definitely give in the bottom.

- On the bottom (your) lefthand drawer, there is some sort of paper catching on the inside of the dresser. Guess someone forgot it while it was being assembled. No way to get it out, the bottom is closed in and I can't reach it from inside the dresser.... irritating, to say the least.

- Some drawers do not sit flush with the face of the dresser. I didn't buy this thing sight unseen - I went and looked at one before I bought it. No issues with the floor model, but of course there are with mine.

- Their online service incorrectly indicated that the store I picked the unit up from had 0 in stock. Because of that, I could not order online and receive a 15% discount.

I tried calling customer service to no avail. Sent an email detailing the above, making it clear that the packaging was already ripped up beyond use when I got home with it and I couldn't use it to return. Asked for the 15% discount I should have been able to receive at the bare minimum. 2The "customer service" representative responded with a copied/pasted message about returns and issued me a 20% off coupon for my next purchase. She could not even be bothered to read my message about the packaging materials or to try to get replacement legs for me at least. Some of the sorriest customer service I've had the displeasure of experiencing.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I purchased some furniture and my card was charged for that purchase. Then the next day I was charged again. I called and they said that the first one is just a pre-authorization and it will be released in 3-5 days. They wiped out my account. Now it's negative. The person I spoke to was rude and didn't care. How is it that they take money the same day but I have to wait for it to be put back. It doesn't make sense to me that the first charge is just a pre-authorized amount and then they just take more when the stuff is delivered. I want my money back and will file a dispute with my back as fraud. I will never buy anything from them again and be aware do not order anything unless you have extra money. They can just hold for however long.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

My husband bought a bed frame from Big Lots and it was infested with bed bugs. I took pictures of the skins and eggs and live ones crawling around. Called an exterminator and he said it very well came from this bed frame because of the amount of infestation in the frame itself and due to the fact that it was the only new thing brought into the house. We hadn't traveled anywhere and we hadn't had any company come over and spend the night or even visit. We just moved to this area and we don't know anybody. Now they want to take 30 to 60 days to do a total investigation before they render their decision on helping us with fumigation and the replacement of the box spring and mattress that we had to throw away and the reimbursement of the bed frame.

So now my husband, my grandson and myself are all sleeping in the living room with our bedroom doors taped off hoping and praying that they don't crawl through the walls and migrate out into the living room where we're at because then our house will become uninhabitable. Right now we're living just off my husband's disability because I recently had back surgery and we cannot afford this extermination process. Very disappointed in you Big Lots.

Big Lots Company Information