2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Big Lots Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Bought sofa and love seat and recliner. Purchased warranty and was told in store items were completely covered. Not a word was said about normal wear and tear. Recliner seams came apart. Also sofa seams came apart. Complete waste of warranty $$$$. Furniture is for daily use not just to look pretty. Store was told about 7 grandkids in and out. They said no problem. Covered.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

We bought Big Lots standard brown sofa and love seat 3 years ago and we never use it. However, the fake leather look disintegrated and is flaking off after only 3 years of just looking at it in a spare living room. Do not buy!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

The woman who attended me said: the box is damage but the item is in good condition. But arriving at home I noticed that this item is unserviceable. The metal is twisted, the screws were everywhere in the box.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

We went to Big Lots to purchase HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS in hurricane supplies for a retirement community. We asked if they could provide any sort of senior citizen discount being that we were paying cash for nearly $1000 worth of supplies. The manager said he wouldn’t even ask unless we spent $10k and stated seniors aren’t on their list of “charities.” Ok... I can take no for an answer. But then he FOLLOWED US TO THE PARKING LOT AND ASKED TO SEE OUR RECEIPT as if he thought we were stealing something. All I can say is WOW. What an **.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Went there to purchase a patio furniture cover. I found the only one in the store and brought it to the front counter. The sales lady was pleasant and said that the price was not what was in the ad. She called the manager to the front and told him that the cover was not ringing up correctly. He checked the entire package and saw the the only difference was the ad stated “heavy duty“. I told him that it was the only one in the store. He then stated “that’s not the right one and that’s the price!” I left the store insulted! I don’t think they need my business anymore!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Literally had this Grander recliner loveseat delivered 40 minutes ago. Sat down to take a nap and it does not go all the way back. Got up and the leg rest doesn’t close ‘cause it’s hitting on something underneath. Called Big Lots on Kent island where I bought it for $800 and they said they couldn’t help me unless I can deliver it back to them which I have no way of doing!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

HORRIFIC quality furniture. BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT PURCHASE ANY FURNITURE FROM THESE SCAMMERS! Serta queen went to absolute crap in 2 months. Foundation squeaks and groans and is about to fall apart. We roll in to each other on the mattress and have to climb out of the hole we get stuck in. We now have chronic back pain and have to use the non pillow top side of mattress. Sofa is garbage. Within a few months the cushions were flat. We now sit on wood frame and while thing squeaks and moans with sounds of wood breaking. Same with recliner. THESE SCAMMERS NEED TO HAVE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM AND BE BANNED FROM SELLING THIS ABSOLUTE CRAP!

Original review: May 26, 2019

I'm almost up with my 90 days, I purchased 900.00, I owe 140. What I don't agree with is that all the money I have already paid is of no use, cause they still charge interest on the full amount and not on the balance owed. Is this legal? It says balance paid off by May 27th but I get paid on the 30th. Is there a grace period?

Original review: May 19, 2019

When I purchased this mattress I saved my money because I wanted to buy a good mattress. So I did my research and went to different places and checked the prices and checked the firmness of them. I wanted a Serta sleeper. I decided on Big Lots. I purchased the mattress and box spring for about $850.00. I got the mattress home and couldn't wait to get to bed that night. All night I kept climbing out of this hole. I took the bed apart thinking that maybe the frame might have not been put together correctly.

Again I'm climbing out of this hole. I called Big Lots and I was told that it takes time to get use to a new bed. Well it's a year and a half later and I have had a platform built under the bed and still I'm climbing up out of this hole. I'm convinced that this is a refurbished mattress. Normally you have to break in a mattress but this mattress was already broken in and that should be against the law. Now I have to purchase another mattress because now I have back problems.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I was a regular consumer who works buy the healthy cereals in the cereal aisle and other stuff. Gradually, the store in Reisterstown, MD stopped carrying food healthy cereals for junk high sugar crap. I asked the manager when they will get the cereal in that I like. He told me he had no idea and then I demanded the phone number for corporate to file a complaint about the products they no longer carry. The only thing worth my money there is bread and a few other things, but soon I will stop shopping there, as I spend 500 a month there. Store - Reisterstown MD. Cashier who was an illegal had no idea what she was doing.

Big Lots Company Information