2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (371 ratings)

About Big Lots

Big Lots Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I bought a chair less than 2 years ago that fell apart. Thankfully I bought the warranty and received a gift card to replace the chair. I have tried multiple times to order a new chair, and the order has been canceled multiple times. Today, I placed another order and it was again canceled. I called the "customer service" department today to ask about possibly placing my order from another location. Before I could even ask anything, the woman was already telling me they couldn't do anything. I asked to speak to her manager as the call progressed, but she refused to allow me to speak to anyone else. Had she not been so rude and actually listened to my concerns, the call may have ended differently.

I will now caution anyone and everyone from purchasing anything from Big Lots. Your order will either be canceled multiple times (conveniently during their sales I might add) and your refund will not take place for 5 business days, or you'll get stuck talking to a customer service rep who has no idea what that position even entails. I'd like to also add the email cancellation states "Rest assured you will not be charged for the canceled items", which could be construed a couple ways. To say that I'm unsatisfied is an understatement. I wish I wasn't stuck TRYING to purchase something from this retailer.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I ordered a dining set to pick up in store on 12/8 at 10:00am. Was told I'd receive an email confirmation when it was ready to pick up. The full amount was withdrawn from my account at 10:02am. At 1:00, still no email confirming neither the purchase, order number or pick up details. I called the store and was told that many orders came in and an email would only be sent if and when the table was ready. It was 'normal' not to receive a purchase confirmation email. By 6:00 that evening, still no email. I did a live chat with Big Lots corporate who was able to pull my order via email and told that the order was cancelled. I explained that not only had I not received any emails regarding anything, let alone a cancellation, but that the money has been taken from my account. The rep said that the money is taken to 'reserve' the product (store policy) and depending on my bank, it could take 5 days to go 'back in'.

I demanded this information in writing and and immediate deposit of the full amount back into my account as I have no table, order number from not getting any email confirmations and an apparent cancelled order. The rep said that this was store policy and there was nothing she could do. She also told me that I need to call the store before ordering anything online from Big Lots because they don't have control over what is in the inventory in the store. I asked what's the point of taking my money to reserve an item that was stated as 'available' online in a store if none of that is accurate. She simply stated that there was nothing she could do.

It is now 8:30am the next day and I have yet to receive a single email of purchase, cancellation or my money back. I understand there can be some confusion between online and instore purchases, but this is ridiculous. Big Lots needs to refund the money IMMEDIATELY when they are unable to fill an order and COMMUNICATE all information. Completely ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I made a $1500 purchase online but the site didn't work so I could not complete the order. Went into the store to finish it. They could not give me my discount because it said " already used" on the incomplete online order so I ended up paying $300 more. Next online order I paid for a 5 piece dining set. I was supposed to pick it up next day. It was suddenly changed to a 3 piece set but the price I paid was NOT changed. I was on the phone to Big Lots for over an hour and they basically said I would have to pay extra for the missing chairs.

I even have a screen shot of the price and description showing it was a 5 piece set that is time and date stamped and corresponds to the time I placed the order. Note again I will lose my discounts because it says "already used" on an incomplete order. Big lots is totally unwilling to help you. Made no offer other than to help them not me. Am cancelling the rest of my furniture order and going some place that actually cares about their customers. I would give them ZERO STARS...DON'T SHOP HERE.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Big Lots offers a good selection of furniture at reasonable prices. I know, one doesn't think of Big Lots and furniture. I plan on buying my next futon mattress which is used as a couch from Big Lots. If you're looking sectionals, comfy recliners, individual pieces, coffee. And end tables, there's a good selection. Also, lamps, rugs, kitchen islands, bed frames, and many home accessories.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

8570 Blue Diamond Rd. Las Vegas NV. This guy at this location name Mike supposed to be the manager. Messed up my entire order. He sent my order to California. I had to call corporate office over 10 times, I talked to a couple which was really nice but not that helpful. Which I had to order the same furniture from a different location. Pay more like $300 more. Which the other furniture was cancel which they kept partial of the money. Going through hell trying to get my money back. Claim # **.

Now I was sent back to Mike that assure me if I didn't steal the furniture he will refund me my money. So he made a call to make sure the furniture was there. While I wait looking at him make phone call. Now this is full-blown racist. I'm not done. This need to stop and let's start with Big Lots. I give them (0). Why shop here if they are allowing people like this to work for them. I told each rep, I spoken with I just had a brain aneurysm. Which I been on the phone days and hours trying to fix this.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I bought a oversize chair from Big Lots on July 21, 2020. My chair started coming apart in the month of October. The springs in the seating area broke, the arm on the chair broke and the recliner stop working. I tried to return this item but was unable to work with customer service. They did not want to honor their merchandise. I decided to burn it and found stuffing inside of it that appears to be odd. It burned quickly and very flammable. I would not recommend their furniture product to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I bought a sectional that I felt in love with. Cash not credit. I been calling for month because it missing four legs. They been saying that they will deliver it soon. I am still waiting. Every time I call they been saying they going to call me back that the manager is not available. Never again am I buying from Big Lots furniture.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I wanted to buy a mattress. The tag on it said “in stock.” I couldn’t find a salesperson to help. I went to the front and asked. A woman busy cursing loudly while putting together a piece of furniture was sent over. “What do you want?” She asked me in the surliest tone imaginable. I showed her. She went off to look for it. Came back and said, “it’s not in stock.” “Oh, your tag says it is,” I replied. “You can’t trust what you see on the internet,” she said. “No, your tag says it right here. In stock.” I pointed. “Well, in stock doesn’t mean we have it in stock,” she said. “It just means that sometimes we have it in stock, and we’ll probably have it in stock again at some point.” “Well, I only have a truck today,” I said. “Never mind. And thanks for your friendly attitude.” “You’re the one who was rude to me,” she said, and stalked off. Not an atypical experience at the Bradford Big Lots.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I bought sofa and chaise year back and with sofa, chaise and arm chair I bought Big Lots protection plan. In year chaise and sofa, I met accident where I fall on chaise while installing rear speaker that resulted in tearing of chaise. Now I have called them 3 times and spent more than hour but I did not get any refund as protection plan says it is there for any accident that might happened with your furniture. I was regular customer since last 10 years. I will never going back to biglots for any purchases. Protection plan is good for nothing.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I searched my area for an out of stock item and finally found a floor model at a store a half hour away. The sales associate told me she could not sell me the floor model until the next Friday when she would find out if more were coming in. I told her that other stores were selling theirs, and she checked, discovered the item was discontinued, and said she’d sell it. I just needed to come in and pay for it and they’d box it up for me.

My car was in the shop. She wouldn’t take my payment over the phone or hold the item for a few days even though she had originally planned to hold it until the next Friday. She refused to give me her name or the name of the district manager. She gave me the wrong number for customer service. When I found the right customer service number, I was told again that policy prevented them from holding an item for me. A supervisor never returned my call. Enter my boyfriend. He called the same Big Lots and told them he wanted to purchase the item. They told him they’d box it up and he could pick it up anytime. Just like that, not a single hassle. They boxed it up. When he had time, he went and got it. I will not be shopping at a store that practices such blatant discrimination again.

Big Lots Company Information