2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (267 ratings)

About Big Lots

Big Lots Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I bought this product about three years ago, and at the time of purchase I was advised by the sales associate that purchasing the coverage was the best option since I would be covered should anything happen to it. Now three years later this sectional starts to peel and it's very messy and ugly. I called up customer service to get it fixed but I was told that my coverage does not include wear and tear. It only includes accidental damage and manufacture defaults. I wouldn't buy another furniture from BigLots again, nor would I recommend buying this sectional for the following reasons;

-I was given wrong information at the time of purchase.
-I bought an item that's not even worth the price due to the time of its useful life.

-And what's the purpose of purchasing a coverage that does not covers your furniture when you needs it?

I am greatly disappointed with the experience I have with Big Lots. This feels like getting robbed.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

After my husband told me he had a terrible experience through ordering online through Big Lots I finally talked him into us buying from you again through me. After he Purchased online he was told there was actually none in stock (mistakes happen) but that another location had multiple in stock and sent him that way. He arrived to find out they had none because they couldn’t find it what they should of had.

We finally decided to sign up and buy through me after he insisted no. We ordered online last night to be canceled this morning and no help in store other than a “There nothing we can do but call other locations on our end conversation rather than try to help with a inconvenience". If there was a mistake of inventory I would assume they would have a item brought from another location or waive a delivery seeing I ordered through my local location. I am beyond disappointed and feel like there should not even be a website seeing we had multiple occasions where a location has no idea on inventory.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I just want to tell you call the store before you purchase something online. I made a purchase for furniture that the store did not have, online stated that there was 2 in stock and once I paid for my order it got canceled and now I had to wait 7 days to get my money back in my account. Big Lots needs to update their system. This is inconvenience to have me wait a whole week to get my money back. Now I have go somewhere to get my furniture and missed out on a good deal fooling with this place.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Do not, I repeat, do not spend the money for the furniture protection warranty from Big Lots. The warranty company they use, Warrantech, has horrible overseas customer service and will find any excuse NOT to cover your damage. They are slow to respond to claims, if they respond at all, barely communicate about their findings and then find any excuse not to cover damage.

I have what I consider accidental damage from a pet protection adhesive product I used on the arm of the sofa. They tell me the damage is not covered because it is "fading". It is not fading! Parts of the fabric were pulled off and are missing! I had to explicitly ask for a supervisor to get a US based customer service rep that I could actually understand. DO NOT USE BIG LOTS OR BUY THEIR so-called "warranty".

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Purchased the Trent Big Boy Recliner from the Lancaster, SC store on May 24, 2019 for $433.81. I’ve had nothing but problems since. 1st chair collapsed within months & I was not granted $ back but it was replaced with an identical piece of foreign made junk. 2nd chair collapsed as well (maybe it’s the plywood support beams)???? But anyway the corporate office won’t even talk to me anymore concerning anything & I've never been rude to them whatsoever. I guess you get what you pay for but I’ll never go back to Big Lots EVER again even if they eventually refund my $. Too much of a hassle. They’ll be out of business soon in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Transit Rd store, Williamsville NY..bought over 1500.00 (sofa + loveseat) in April at start of Pandemic when everything closed down but essential business'. Picked up the L shape sofa only to find once home the one section was missing feet. I tried calling the store, they couldn't help, so then emailed BL'S customer service asking for feet to be shipped. Provided them with model of couch, receipt and pic of feet. It is now Dec 13th, 8 months later, no response to my second followup email and still waiting for feet that I'm sure we never will get. Worst customer service, unwilling to make resolve customers' issues. Would NEVER buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I bought a chair less than 2 years ago that fell apart. Thankfully I bought the warranty and received a gift card to replace the chair. I have tried multiple times to order a new chair, and the order has been canceled multiple times. Today, I placed another order and it was again canceled. I called the "customer service" department today to ask about possibly placing my order from another location. Before I could even ask anything, the woman was already telling me they couldn't do anything. I asked to speak to her manager as the call progressed, but she refused to allow me to speak to anyone else. Had she not been so rude and actually listened to my concerns, the call may have ended differently.

I will now caution anyone and everyone from purchasing anything from Big Lots. Your order will either be canceled multiple times (conveniently during their sales I might add) and your refund will not take place for 5 business days, or you'll get stuck talking to a customer service rep who has no idea what that position even entails. I'd like to also add the email cancellation states "Rest assured you will not be charged for the canceled items", which could be construed a couple ways. To say that I'm unsatisfied is an understatement. I wish I wasn't stuck TRYING to purchase something from this retailer.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I ordered a dining set to pick up in store on 12/8 at 10:00am. Was told I'd receive an email confirmation when it was ready to pick up. The full amount was withdrawn from my account at 10:02am. At 1:00, still no email confirming neither the purchase, order number or pick up details. I called the store and was told that many orders came in and an email would only be sent if and when the table was ready. It was 'normal' not to receive a purchase confirmation email. By 6:00 that evening, still no email. I did a live chat with Big Lots corporate who was able to pull my order via email and told that the order was cancelled. I explained that not only had I not received any emails regarding anything, let alone a cancellation, but that the money has been taken from my account. The rep said that the money is taken to 'reserve' the product (store policy) and depending on my bank, it could take 5 days to go 'back in'.

I demanded this information in writing and and immediate deposit of the full amount back into my account as I have no table, order number from not getting any email confirmations and an apparent cancelled order. The rep said that this was store policy and there was nothing she could do. She also told me that I need to call the store before ordering anything online from Big Lots because they don't have control over what is in the inventory in the store. I asked what's the point of taking my money to reserve an item that was stated as 'available' online in a store if none of that is accurate. She simply stated that there was nothing she could do.

It is now 8:30am the next day and I have yet to receive a single email of purchase, cancellation or my money back. I understand there can be some confusion between online and instore purchases, but this is ridiculous. Big Lots needs to refund the money IMMEDIATELY when they are unable to fill an order and COMMUNICATE all information. Completely ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I made a $1500 purchase online but the site didn't work so I could not complete the order. Went into the store to finish it. They could not give me my discount because it said " already used" on the incomplete online order so I ended up paying $300 more. Next online order I paid for a 5 piece dining set. I was supposed to pick it up next day. It was suddenly changed to a 3 piece set but the price I paid was NOT changed. I was on the phone to Big Lots for over an hour and they basically said I would have to pay extra for the missing chairs.

I even have a screen shot of the price and description showing it was a 5 piece set that is time and date stamped and corresponds to the time I placed the order. Note again I will lose my discounts because it says "already used" on an incomplete order. Big lots is totally unwilling to help you. Made no offer other than to help them not me. Am cancelling the rest of my furniture order and going some place that actually cares about their customers. I would give them ZERO STARS...DON'T SHOP HERE.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

8570 Blue Diamond Rd. Las Vegas NV. This guy at this location name Mike supposed to be the manager. Messed up my entire order. He sent my order to California. I had to call corporate office over 10 times, I talked to a couple which was really nice but not that helpful. Which I had to order the same furniture from a different location. Pay more like $300 more. Which the other furniture was cancel which they kept partial of the money. Going through hell trying to get my money back. Claim # **.

Now I was sent back to Mike that assure me if I didn't steal the furniture he will refund me my money. So he made a call to make sure the furniture was there. While I wait looking at him make phone call. Now this is full-blown racist. I'm not done. This need to stop and let's start with Big Lots. I give them (0). Why shop here if they are allowing people like this to work for them. I told each rep, I spoken with I just had a brain aneurysm. Which I been on the phone days and hours trying to fix this.

Big Lots Company Information