2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Big Lots Reviews

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Overall, I love shopping in Big Lots but... the Aston, PA store male manager Keith is very ill mannered and off putting in the way he handles his customers. While shopping I saw signs that said extra 20 percent off posted in the store. A friendly freight manager stocking shelves, Jayme asked if we needed assistance. We inquired about the sign as did a few other customers. She said since the signs are up we should get the discount and to let them know up front she said it was alright. Well... Keith turned a question about a discount into a situation then escalated it to where I was now upset enough to change my 5 star review to a 1 star. He yelled when I told him she said it was ok. He said loudly and abruptly, "I am above her, I am not giving it to you. I extended the discount for the last three days in this store, and I am not giving it to you today."

The cashier kept telling me she was sorry. She should not have to apologize for her boss. I don't deserve to be treated in such a way. I worked in customer relations for a long time and I know you don't treat customers in this manner. Whatever happened to customer service training??? Does this corporation not teach this to employees or even care? Maybe not for the Aston, PA store. Be wary if you go in there.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Even though they had a floor model available, I had to place a special order on a sofa that I wanted to buy. The store employee goofed and ordered the wrong item from manufacturer and I had to wait 45 days to get my sofa. In the end, the quality was not good and sofa is very uncomfortable. I will not ever buy from this store again.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I started shopping at Big Lots more than 10 years ago. Once upon a time, you could happen upon unique/high end brands of beauty products like shampoos, treatments and conditioner. That doesn't happen anymore. Also, I am sad to report that Big Lots doesn't seem to embrace the whole 'savings' idea anymore. There are MANY items I have gone there to look for only to discover I'd literally pay the exact amount at BL as I would at my usual store. The difference is I don't have to go out of my way to go to my usual store. What's the point of making a stop at BL when there's no savings?? I've written into customer service for the store and {hold onto your seats} I got no response whatsoever. I'm pretty disappointed in what they've become and doubt I'll shop here more than a few times a year, because I'm only doing that if I have to.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

They generally have a good selection of name brand furniture. The prices are very reasonable and they have dedicated personnel that work the furniture department, only. The only down side to shopping here is they DO NOT deliver and the furniture requires assembly.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

In the past Big Lots had good pricing and a good value to shop. Past few years they have significantly increase price to a point of not being competitive on many items, especially with household items. Better to go to Dollartree or General Dollar. Shop with caution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Lots?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I got Big Lots Recliner, did not last one year. Chair Breaks two years in, leather rips from sitting in it. Waste of money. Chair falling apart. Made in China, cheap made, cheap build, Breaks easy. Beware where you buy furniture.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

We bought a new couch from big lots. Only had it for a few months and was defeated. Replaced the defeated one. Only to find out that to was defeated also. Bough the extra warranty just in case. So we upgraded to a couch and love seat. We paid extra for that warranty. Needless to say we did not get a full refund on the first one. We paid a lot for the upgrade, we will never buy any furniture from here again. Their customer service is not the greatest. Just a warning to the customer. Guess you get what you paid for.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Feb I joined Progressive Debt Relief. At the time I owed Big Lots about $1,100. Aug I found out that the company was taking money from my account that wasn't being paid on my bills.THEY WOULD TELL ME THAT THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING. I paid them around $1400 all together. They paid 1 bill for $450.00 and that's all. When I found out, I called them and told them that I trusted them, and they let me down. I told them that I no longer want their service. So I Contacted every collector and explained what happened. I start paying $25.00 on all of my debt. I paid Big Lots also. So far 50.00. I had another payment for them, now I find out that Midland Credit was handling my payment. But I ask where did the 50.00 payment go to since it's not on my bal..I never got a straight answer.

I was charged added fees for non payment, which I didn't know they weren't being paid. I asked them to waive those Charges, but I got nothing but a bunch of fast talking. If I pay 52.00 a month for 48 months. Then 30.00 for 60 months. I feel that I am being Railroaded. Everybody else took those charges off of me because they knew that I paid my bills all the time. Now I found out that my Credit had dropped to 450. Before then I had good Credit. It ran my pressure up. I told the gentleman with Midland that I can only pay 25.00 a month. I am a Senior on fixed income. But he tried to get hot headed with me. That Debt Consolidation gave me $375.00 back, and said that was all they could do. I accepted it because I needed it. They kept about $600.00 for their fees. I would appreciate if you could help me with this matter. I too feel that Midland need to show me where my 50.00 went to. And why is my balance this high. Their Info is 350 Camino De La Reina Suite 100 San Diego, CA 92108 877-452-7695. Please Help me if you can with this situation.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

We had attempted to purchase 2 beds, neither of which were to satisfaction. The first was to be a full size but the computer would continually order a queen size. A manager finally had to figure out that it only came in a queen size. The second bed, when it finally arrived only included the box springs and mattress. When we ordered it, we spelled out this frame, headboard, this mattress, etc. We assumed it was correct. Big disappointment!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I had a rewards card from this nightmare company. They sent me a email for $5 off $15, online or in store. Therefore I shopped online & picked up my items the following day. Upon checkout the cashier said they could not take the $5 off because it was done online. Why send me a email saying IN STORE or ONLINE? I called corporate & said there was a "glitch" in the system & would give me a $20 store credit. So the next day I went to the store in Cleona, Pa & told the cashier before I started shopping I had a $20 credit & he said as long as I know the code it will work. I spent a hour shopping there & after everything was totaled he said their code does not work. Ok now I am really upset. 2 times there & the store or corporate does not know how to apply their promo codes. Thanks for wasting many hours of my time.

Also almost 1/2 the items in this store have no prices on them. I asked to talk w/ the manager, a idiot named Jo. I asked for his last name & he would not give it to me & threw me out of the store for asking for his name. STAY AWAY from this nightmare store. Go to Dollar Tree or Walmart. Nothing but frustration & headaches locally & at corporate. BUYER BEWARE.

Big Lots Company Information