Geek Squad

Compare Tech Support Services

Research top Tech Support Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Gave my laptop to Geek Squad for removal of malware. Geek Squad at Best Buy, Indian River Mall, Vero Beach, FL. explained the malware and asked if this can be removed. "No problem", Geek Squad representative said. Called the problem was fixed. I paid, picked up the laptop and went home. The next day the malware was back (or was never removed). Went back to Best Buy. They said they never return the money even if they are unable to do they promised to do. But, they can try again, I was told. I had the laptop with me and wanted to leave it with the Squad for another clean up. They would not accept it as I would have to make an appointment for a pre-arranged time first. That was a deliberate harassment of the client. What is their problem with taking the computer when I am there and they have time to talk to me as there is nobody else there (so I do not have to make another trip). I already know that they will not succeed. What a nightmare service.

They came to install washer and dryer on 2/2/2017. They said they had the wrong stacking installation kit for stacking dryer. They took our old washer and dryer away. So they said they would try again on 2/4/2017. They could not do it so they said 2/9/2017. SNOW STORM. So they rescheduled for 2/15/2017. I tried to plead with them that we had no appliances. I was told they would change the date to 2/10/2017. It was never rescheduled. I was hung up on twice, finally, there was nothing that can be done. So, I have no washer and dryer for almost 2 weeks. BAD SERVICE CONSIDERATION. And, THEY took the appliances away.

I let you know the awesome by awesome I mean horrible service that I have received by Geek Squad Best Buy. Few weeks before my due date which was scheduled for Feb 3rd c section - I thought it would be a good idea to get my iPhone 5s repaired and working especially when I was paying geek squad insurance on it which is $15 a month. They sent me a NEW phone and said they would hold $565 on my visa and once I return the old phone no questions asked I would get my deposit back... great. I get a new phone in the mail and go to Best Buy to get some help to transfer data. FYI this was two days before my delivery. It took them 3 hours to update the new phone and erase the data from my old. I come home to realize that the new phone is defective as well. The touch screen is not working.

So now a day before my delivery I go to Best Buy to ask for help as I want to keep in touch with my family and the help I got was... "Oh we can give you a phone to use but you will have to put down another $569 plus tax which will be returned to you once you return this phone to us." I kept my cool but the manager was so rude and not helpful. He kept saying he understands my situation. No you don't. I don't think you can ever get pregnant and sweat with hormones all over the place trying to figure out how to keep in touch with family and friends just a day before your delivery date. So with no help and a two hour wait to transfer my data back to my old phone I was back to square one with a $565 hold.

Now I get another phone in the mail after my delivery. I sit and transfer all my data on that phone today when I was feeling okay. Guess what? Even the second phone they sent is defective. I called and the agent told me "I don't understand why they would not send you a new piece." I was like "So you guys send refurbish pieces without checking to your clients who pay $15 a month for iPhone insurance?" He said "Unfortunately we do." OMG. So I'm getting used phones and wasting my time and energy try to update delete and figure out iPhone plus I have a baby to take care of. So now he promises to send me a new phone in the mail.

In total I will be swapping 3 phones and still got a hold of $565 on my visa with geek squad. Not an upgrade nor a compensation was offered to me after the terrible and horrid service I received from Best Buy as well as geek squad. I know it's important to just focus on my baby but I hope you understand I am paying for a service which completely failed me and put me in a situation where I was unable to communicate with my family during the arrival of my first born. The supervisors promised to check the other phone - which is not true. One supervisor promised to call me back and never did. So everyone out there do not waste you money on geek squad insurance 'cause it's a scam and you are not getting what you are paying for. In fact you are getting second hand used products that are REFURBISHED!!

I sent in an iPhone 6 in pristine condition to replace the battery as the battery kept getting low in times. I was told they would replace the battery and send me my phone as it was unlocked. I was then told there was an accidental damage and charged 119 dollars and they sent me a phone (wrong colour to begin with) that was not unlocked. Spoke to numerous people including a Manager and no one was willing to help a customer. Totally disappointed and I will NEVER encourage anyone to take their lousy service. You are better off taking the phone and fixing elsewhere.

I bought a new iPhone 6s from Best Buy with Bell carrier. While buying that phone they insisted me to buy complete protection plan and I bought which was approx $15/month. After exactly one year I lost my phone and I called for claim a new phone. They refused me to claim and said this plan doesn't cover any loss or theft. Those suckers have even posted on their website that if you pay $10.99 per month you'll get full coverage. They are cheaters. Please I recommend to buy protection plans from carrier not from this suckers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Rude customer service. Called to ask if we could buy an extended warranty. The company sold the warranty to us. When we went back to claim, the people on the phone kept passing us around. Told us that they WOULD NOT replace the TV. Don't waste your time and money on this company.

Geek Squad service from Best Buy is terrible. After 3 weeks with a broken washer, a tech came the first time, after telling me he parts. He dropped all the screws into the machine, he asked me to remind him when he returns. When he returned he was rude and did want to do the job. He left. Customer support no help.

I should have checked this site before I purchased a Geek Squad tech support package. I have been so disappointed dealing with them. I have a problem with my PC and called for tech support. I first spoke with Jason ** who tried telling me, without any examination, that I need more memory and should unhook my PC and carry it into a Best Buy for updating or I could pay a tech $50 to come to my house.

After a dialogue between us I said I had tech support from a competitor in the past and they just took control of my computer remotely and fixed it. He then said, "OK we can do that too. Let me put you on hold for another technician." I was on hold for 40 min before I sent a message saying it was absurd to be on hold so long. Then miraculously one came online and started to try and fix my problem. After a long time I was told it was fixed. The next day the same problem happened and so far I haven't been able to connect by phone to complain and have them try again after being on hold three time for a total time of about an hour.

I was trying to find out if my Geek Squad tech support was expiring, along with the internet protection, but the person on the phone was very difficult to understand. Their accent and fast speech patterns were impossible to decipher, so I asked to speak with someone else. The transfer took me to another person with the same issue. How does one get someone that can speak English clearly? I gave up and hung up, still unanswered question. It will cost me a trip to the Best Buy and the Geek Squad which is not close by.

My husband and I purchased a Toshiba 50" smart tv from Best Buy 8/2014 and purchased the Geek Squad protection of a 5 year warrant for $119.99 thinking it was a good idea. Our old tv had Geek Squad protection and broke and we exchanged in store with no problem so we figured it was smart to do it again. Well the Toshiba broke just after Christmas this year. A dark band just showed up one day on the screen. We immediately called Geek Squad. The rep on the phone told us based on the issue they could not fix the tv and if we could take a picture of the screen and email to him he could get the exchange processed. We send the picture and he tells us to call the exchange hotline in 3 business days to get our exchange #.

We call the exchange # and they tell us that rep was incorrect that they actually need to send a tech to our house to look at the tv. The soonest appointment they had was 2 weeks later! On top of that the tech never showed. So we called the next day and scheduled another tech to come out a week later. The tech shows up and tells us they cannot fix the problem, which we already knew from the 1st guy we talked to. He gave us an exchange # and told us to bring the tv into our local Best Buy to exchange the tv. He was very specific in that we had to be careful not to damage the tv or they would not exchange.

We lug the tv to the store 3 days later and they tell us in store they cannot do an in store exchange. They said there were specific notes on our exchange to not exchange in store. They said b/c our tv was 50" those exchanges are done by the corporate exchange team and that someone would call us within 3 business days. I tried to get the manager to contact the corporate exchange team to at least facilitate scheduling the call. You know these places will call while you at work and close after 4 or 5 so we did not want to miss the call. No luck there. The manager said he was unable to help us. He gave us the corporate exchange 1-800 # and we sat on hold for over an hour twice trying to contact them.

Finally 8 business days later someone from the corporate exchange team called me. We are now going on over a month with a broken tv. She said they will be bringing a new tv to our home, which I have to wait another 4 days until they are available. She then proceeded to try and sell me a warranty on the new tv. The old 5 year warranty that I purchased for $119.99 is not transferrable to the new tv. I told her no thank you that their protection was terrible and not worth the money. Let's hope they show up in 4 days with my new tv and no issues.

1/31/2017. A couple of weeks ago I set an appointment with the Geek Squad to connect some AV equipment. After an hour on the phone I got an appointment the usual 8-12 window with a phone call before arrival. No phone call and no geek squad. I called back at 2 and was told the tech got held up at another job. To compensate me for the wasted time and lack of notice another appointment was set for today and I was told I would be the first stop. I called at 9 since I had received no phone call and was told that someone would call me between 8 and 12. Worst communication and service ever! How do they stay in business?

I am 22 months into my Best Buy Geek Squad service contract on my Samsung S6, and have a broken pin on my charging port. I talked to the in store Samsung rep and he said it was a minor repair. I then talked to the Geek Squad rep about getting it fixed. He told me that the tele would have to be replaced with a $149 copay fee. I have already paid them $175 in monthly fees. So a minor repair that a local repair shop can perform for $40 is going to cost me $324. And it will get replaced with a refurbished phone that might have cosmetic issues.

I have taken very good care of my phone and do not want someone else's used equipment. One of the selling factors that was pushed on this plan was that it would be repaired locally and I would not have to wait for it to be shipped somewhere. If I could give them a "0" rating I would. I am cancelling the last two months on the service plan and will not buy another phone via Best Buy because of the deceptive sale of this contract.

I pay for Geek Squad support. My computer started slowing down so I went online for 24-hour support. They worked until they froze my computer up so I had to call then they worked with me on the computer for two more hours. After their help my computer was froze up, would not respond to anything. Before I called everything worked but was slow because the agent on the phone and online completely froze the computer up. They made me a appointment to take it into a service center the next day at noon. Three days later they called, said my computer was done but the DVD drive wouldn't work and it did before they worked on it. Now they tell me I would have to send it in for $34.95 and pay for any parts that are needed. The amount would be around $200.00 yet it worked before I had Geek Squad work on it, they say there's nothing they can do.

This is the second time this has happened to me. I feel that they're a scam. They get people to buy their support and anytime they help it costs more money. The Best Buy store I took it to and bought it from is in Gresham Oregon. I am a senior and feel not only me but most people are getting taken advantage of for a lot of money. Why if it worked before they worked on it now it doesn't. Should I have to pay and they are trying to sell me a DVD drive external for more money. I read reviews and find a lot of bad reviews. I don't understand why something can't be done. The computer is only two years old and every time I need help they sell, cost more money. I am a senior and have cancer. I buy their plan so I don't have these extra expenses. Can you please help? I have never wrote to consumers before. I am not one to complain but people are being taken for millions of dollars and are being taken advantage of. Can you please help? Thank you.

Bought 60 inch LC-60EQ1OULED SMA Sharp smart TV at Best Buy Brandon, FL on 1/13/15 along with Geek Squad extended warranty and installation by Geek came to $1700 plus. They installed on 1/20/15. On 1/22/17 picture began rolling. Called store, referred to Geek Squad 800 number for TV. Told warranty expired on 1/20/17 and panel was bad and could not be fixed. Complained to Best Buy and just told that because warranty expired (less than 48 hours) they could do nothing. No offer of discount on another TV, nothing. We have bought all our electronics through Best Buy but NEVER AGAIN.

I paid a complete absurd value to install 3 TVs at my home. The store magnolia service was fantastic to help me plan that but when it came to actual installation the technicians came, completed 1 of the 3 TVs, left without completing the service and put in the report that they completed 2 out of 3. After stopping by the store, spending 30m to explain the problem, the service was schedule and my complaint escalated. Ended up that the 2nd tech came, never installed the 2nd TV (still don't know why), nobody called me from customer service. I finally called customer service and after 33m on the phone they told me to return to the store! And wanted to schedule a 3rd visit in 2 weeks. Unbelievable! Summary is - you have to complain every step of the way to get things done and even so, they might not get done! JUST AVOID IT!

Illegally charged for service that I did not agree to. I received a phone call from Geek Squad demanding money for shipping my laptop somewhere (no bill, no explanation or itemization of service) just a mafia type demand for money! I will never shop at Best Buy again for anything!!!

Year ago I brought a 65 LG tv. And a month ago my tv got 2 lines. Called Geek Squad. Within 2 days they came out. Couldn't be fixed. Called the Geek Squad exchange support team. Although they couldn't find my match, returned my money smoothly with the choice of keeping my tv. Very friendly. Lori was great trying to find us a match and explained thoroughly. Thank you Lori.

Worst customer service ever. I purchased an iPhone from Best Buy and was talked into the Geek Squad protection plan. What a joke! When broke my phone and tried to take advantage of the plan, I sent in my old broken phone as asked and was sent back an old "refurbished" iPhone of "similar style" as the plan states. Unfortunately for me, I bought myself a new phone and decided to put the replaced phone away to give to my son as a gift for Christmas. A month later, on Christmas day, we tried to open and activate the phone for the first time. It did not work at all. It would not charge. When I phoned the Geek Squad to inform them that they sent me a defective phone the agent was very rude and told me too bad my warranty was up (less than a month expired). They offered no troubleshooting advice, no apology and no solution just "too bad".

I asked to speak to someone of higher authority (very politely) and the agent took my contact information and told me a supervisor "Darren" would phone me back in 2 business days. Never happened. I will not be purchasing their protection plan again. When I asked the inspection number and agent ID of the individual who tested the phone prior to sending it out to me, the lady offered nothing and stated she doesn't have access to that information and would not provide it for me and then told me I would have to get a lawyer to request it. In other words - not likely tested before being sent out. They sent me a defective replacement and offered nothing to rectify the situation. The agent was rude and not helpful at all and also there was no follow through on the promise that a manager would contact me.

I asked for a refund, but was denied. Tech arrived and turned on the TV which did not make the problem sound and left after 3 minutes, but charged me the full $95.00. I don't think that 3 minutes was sufficient time to diagnose anything. I won't be shopping at Best Buy anymore. Amazon, get ready for more business from me!!!

In August 2016 we bought our daughter a laptop from Best Buy. She's 13 and mostly uses the computer for research on homework and class projects. She plays a few games and runs her own YouTube channel. Last month right after winter recess her computer went out on her. So I tried troubleshooting it on my own to no avail. I confidently took it over to Geek Squad to take a look at where I was promptly told the diagnostic alone would cost $100 and another $100 to fix whatever was wrong with it. Shocked $200 to fix a $230 computer? She then tried to sell me a $199 service plan! The Geek Squad member said "some of these low tiers computer are cheaper because they don't put as much love into them" which I questioned why the hell Best Buy is selling them to begin with.

I went to work the next day with the computer and asked our IT guy to fix it. He had it fixed within the hour and at no charge to me. He said he'd worked for Geek Squad before and upselling was a huge part of their jobs. Moral of the story, they feed off ignorant and computer illiterates like me. If you know someone, even a entry level desktop analyst ask them for help first.

We have been deceived before by an extended warranty with Best Buy. In 2009 the top FELL off of my $2000 laptop computer because the tiny plastic hinges couldn't support such a heavy large screen. Best Buy and HP fought over who was responsible for the repairs and my computer sat in the shop for two months, not useful to me, (and still clocking remaining warranty hours) while they bickered it out. When I did get my computer back there were three pixels blown and a large scratch in the middle of the screen. Within a few months the computer would overheat so badly that it began to melt the insides of the computer. I was told by the Geek Squad there was nothing they could do for that and suggested a fan mat. I gave up as I sincerely thought this computer would catch on fire and went out to buy a $250 clearance Toshiba laptop from Staples and never looked back... or went back to Best Buy for computer products.

8 years later I'm still using the same laptop without any issues - even with a recall on its battery and they are prepared to honor it despite me not noticing any of the negative symptoms reported. So, a year ago, the mobile phone representative at Best Buy emphatically assured me that their plans have drastically changed since then. She explained I could break my screen, get water damage... anything... ANYTHING and I could have a new phone in box, instantly without question, at the store, same specs, could be replaced a maximum of two times for the duration of our 2 year contract at $15 a month. Apple currently has a recall on my battery, but there are other issues with my phone as well. Music playback continues to crash - even after hours of troubleshooting with Apple tech support with no answers, the charging jack is intermittent and my phone just randomly shuts down on a weekly basis requiring a hard boot.

I went to the store to exchange my phone. I was told they don't do it in store anymore. Ok... I go home, call Geek Squad, and was told I need to leave a $100 security deposit on my credit card to ensure my promise of the phone not being damaged were valid. The warranty was sold to me on the premise that I could break it twice during my plan... So that seemed odd to me that this was required.

When I bought my phone I chose it for the champagne rose colour (not a biggie really, but I really really liked it). I was told that if I do go forward with a replacement I wouldn't likely get this colour again... only what is available. The phone would be an "OPEN BOX", not brand new as originally told. I just can't go without my phone for 2 weeks (as I have two children with Autism) while they figure this out, so it was then explained I would have to put a charge of $1100 on my credit card for an immediate phone replacement, which "immediate" to them is still about 3 days. I just cannot believe I fell for Best Buy's gimmicks again. Please be warned to NEVER EVER, no matter how tempting the sales people present it, purchase a warranty plan from Best Buy. They are lies and you are throwing your money away.

This is a review of service over the past 3 years. Nearly every time I get a technician remotely on the computer, I have to call back within a few hours for a second tech to fix what the first one did not fix. I feel that there were many problems AFTER service, and diagnostic scores when I've called back within less than an hour have been LOWER than they were when the previous tech announced "Everything is okay now sir."

But today took the cake, and ended my long and fruitless experience with this monstrosity. I called up and the guy told me, in response to my sharing with him the 4 things wrong with the computer, that "The best way to get it all done in one day, since our techs will only spend a certain amount of time on your computer, is hands-on service". Wow. So that, along with the fact that when I looked up Geek Squad Remote Technical Support online I noticed this site with nearly ONE THOUSAND complaints... I"M FINISHED. I highly recommend you stay far away from this junk enterprise.

Walked up to Geek Squad and was told I needed an app't. Returned hours later and gave the tech my laptop, which wouldn't boot up. It just kept trying, turning off and trying to boot again. He pressed one or two buttons and told me it was a hard drive error. Said I had to leave it there for them to diagnose the problem, for which I would be charged a $100 diagnostic fee. Then it would probably be at least $100 to $150 to fix it, depending on the problem and whether it could be repaired at all. I took the laptop with me. $100 just to tell me whether it could be fixed at all is a lot of money. He didn't even fully open a page on it, just a screen with two or three lines on it.

I went to Staples and showed them the laptop. The tech there immediately went to F8, and found a button for the computer to repair itself. I left it with them overnight while they ran that program, after which they offered to run a diagnostic program - FOR FREE. Turns out my computer was able to repair itself. It had no viruses, hardware issues, etc. I was told that it had a lot of registry errors, and was asked if it had been running slow, which it had been. For $30 they cleaned all the registry errors, and left a program on my laptop that I could run for free for a year if I felt it was running slow again. My laptop is now running like new. What great customer service. Staples now has a customer for life. Bye bye Best Buy.

I hope that whoever reads this has a heart and will really hear me out because I need my tablet for college. None of your employees I spoke to know anything about empathy or letting someone speak. Ever since I purchased my tablet from you it's been one thing after another, it's so frustrating. I went to your Shakopee location to purchase my Surface 2, they didn't have it but they did in Eden Prairie so I went there. I waited for about 2 hours to get what I purchased because your employee in Shakopee set it up to be picked up on a different date. I got it and registered my tablet with Geek Squad for the 2 year plan. I always tried to access my account but couldn't.

The day I went to renew my plan your employee informed me that my email was incorrect and that's why I wasn't receiving notifications in regards to my protection plan or reset my account because it sends the notifications to the incorrect email. He updated my email, checked to see if it was and it wasn't. I contacted Geek Squad to update. They confirmed it was updated and would be receiving notifications that would let me know when my plan expires. Before this I was on top of my plan because I couldn't access my account and had to constantly look at my receipt to make sure I didn't miss my renewal date. Today, I went to try to fix my tablet. I see my email is still incorrect and he tells me my plan expired. I couldn't believe it. I really trusted your company to have my back to do its job and update my email to receive the notification your employees informed me I would get.

He told me without the plan they can't fix it. Now, because I trusted that your employees would do their jobs I'm out of a tablet, I registered for all online classes which I will have to withdraw from this semester. I'm living on my own, and living paycheck to paycheck. I don't have the funds to buy a new Surface. I work a lot to be able to pay my bills. ALSO, your employee lecturing me really doesn't help either, telling me it's my responsibility that I should of stayed on top of things. I know, I did up until the point I decided to trust your company. This really breaks my heart, I have a lot to lose. I understand I should have stayed on top of things but I thought I could trust your company.

I do believe your employees should have updated my email when I requested it the first time so I could have access to my account, I don't think this fair that we both made mistakes and I'm the only one being penalized. I truly liked your company and hope you can make an exception so I can continue being a loyal customer. If nothing gets resolved I will spread the word and will shop elsewhere. A very sad customer.

This is the worse service I ever had. I bought a tv from Best Buy and added the protection plan for my OLED TV. When I called Geek Squad they send a technician to my home to fix my tv. But Fernando ** (tech) arrive to my home without tools. He said that he has a rental car and the tools he keep it in another car. We made another appointment for the next day with other person and they sent the same technician without tools again. When I called the Geek Squad customer service they said that I need to made a new appointment again because they can't do anything. It's a nightmare. The supervisor never wanted to answer my calls and they hanged my calls. This the worse customer service ever.

The Geek Squad service after the installation is more appalling than the service. These are supposed to be high-tech, state of the art electronic specialist, well not even close. 1st- The technician did not show up for our first scheduled appointment. So double check their schedule! 2nd- Simply, programming a universal remote the technician did not leave us with the password, paperwork, remote account information or any contact information. The remote programming was not successful and incomplete. Get a copy of everything they did, (my bad). 3rd- We contacted Geek Squad 5-6 times trying to get in touch with the technician to get a simple remote password as once we logged into the remote without the correct password it lost all of the settings that the technician programmed. (The Geek Squad communication is unbelievably unsophisticated as the customer service personnel can get in touch with service technicians).

4th- We contacted the technician our self and left voice messages requesting a callback with the password for the remote and never received a callback. 5th- After 2 weeks of trying to get a simple password from the support team and holding for an hour to file this complaint to the floor supervisor, the Geek Squad response was there was nothing they could do as I had entered the wrong password so therefore I tried to change the settings which voids all warranties. Give me a break, for $99.00 it is just not worth it! If you have a computer, program your own remote it works way better!!!

I went to the Best Buy website yesterday and clicked on the Geek Squad link. I needed a computer from work diagnosed for either a motherboard crash or power supply problem. I stated this clearly in the problem area. I then selected an "appointment" time to go to Geek Squad at the Orem, Utah Best Buy. It would be the next day at 11:00 AM. When I got to work, there was a reminder in my e-mail that my appointment was at 11:00. So, I left work at 10:20, waded through 8" of snow, two car accidents and slick roads to arrive at Best Buy to have the Geek on duty, who had been standing shooting the breeze with two other Geeks, tell me that "We don't make appointments on-line and we can't do anything about this issue. We will have to send it away for 4-6 weeks to have it diagnosed. We don't do anything in house."

I told him I had received an e-mail confirmation that morning for the appointment that I had stated clearly in my initial request what was wrong with the computer and was given no indication that they couldn't or wouldn't even look at the computer. "I'm sure you did ma'am, I can't help that. We can't do anything about it. Have a nice day." He was right, he, nor any of the others, could do anything "in house"! They were useless and less than useless! These people are jerks! It's disgusting! If I could give them zero stars, I would! If I could give them minus stars, I would! I think they get you in there to buy a new computer or some product, they certainly don't do what they say in their advertising.

My screen went out on my tv after my son was playing with his new helicopter I purchased for Christmas. I had a Geek Squad warranty. I went to Best Buy and spoke with an associate informed him that the tv was hit and the screen was out. He said, "You have a gsp warranty. EVERYTHING is covered." He gave me a number to call and schedule a in home repair. I spoke with a woman let her know the issue. She said they won't replace the screen if there is a crack in it. But they will replace whatever is broken behind the screen but it's up to me if I can live with the crack or not. I then scheduled an appointment for a technician to come to my home.

About a week later I received a call from a technician named Alexander to let me know he was on his way. He entered my home and said the panel was damaged. My warranty covers this and I will receive a call in four hours to let me know if they will get parts on order or if they will replace my television. I received no call. I called Alexander on his number it went straight to voicemail twice. I then decided to contact Geek Squad directly. I spoke with some arrogant employee that told me that my repair is a COD. He was very disrespectful. I then asked if I can speak with a manager. Of course no manager was available. I informed him I no longer wanted to speak with him so if he could send me over to another person. Then magically he transfers me to a man who claims to be a manager. All he tells me is to talk to the corporate Geek Squad. He transfers me to an unknown number that rings and rings then goes silent.

I called back and spoke with a female let her know my issue. She transferred me to a Best Buy in a whole different state. Then I call back talk to guy who won't transfer me to anyone because he has no way to. Then I call back again speak with a different female employee. I ask her to speak to a manager. She transfers me to a different Best Buy. So I speak with the Best Buy employee who transfers me back to Geek Squad. I then talk to a woman and let her know my issue. She put me on hold for about ten minutes and transfers me to a man. I explain my issue to him and he tells me he's in technical support and transfer me somewhere and the call hung up on me.

I call back two days later and I'm told the corporate office is closed but I can contact them through Facebook. I post on Facebook and have yet to hear anything. I then call the next day and ask if I can speak with a manager. I was told they were all in a meeting. How convenient. So I ask the lady if she can relay a message and have someone follow up with me. I give her my info and I have yet to hear back from anyone. I called the next day and spoke with a guy who says there is no corporate Geek Squad and to call the store the technician works at. I contact Best Buy and ask to speak with the technician Alexander's manager. I was then told that the store has no control over the technicians but he would try to help me. He talked about coming in and purchasing a new tv. My tv cost $1,600 and I bought a $200 warranty so I didn't have to purchase a new tv.

Long story short - Geek Squad has no integrity. They are liars. They do NOT train their employees correctly. Once they get your money it's pretty much screw you. They show you that their job is just a job and they do NOT care about their customers because at the end of the day they get a check. And last but not least they are NOT accountable. Beware!!! Do NOT purchase anything from Best Buy since they support this disrespect. And DO NOT buy a warranty from Geek Squad believe me. You will regret it.

I canceled my Geek Squad months ago but they continued taking monthly withdraws from my account. I called today and basically was on hold 35 min. Then the person said that I purchased Geek Squad for my phone and that is why they were still taking it out. I never purchased Geek Squad protection on my phone for 12 per month. Why would you need technical support on a phone which you already pay insurance on for drops and breaks? It's all a scam. They just hope you don't notice it. And when you do not problem they already up months maybe years on you. On top of that when you call a technical support number you shouldn't have to wait so long to speak to a human.

On 12/23/16 my Lenovo Yoga 900 which was only 6 months old did not power up. I took it to my local Best Buy at the Palisades Center in West Nyack NY and I was told that they would have to send it out to their service center in Kentucky. That it would take anywhere from 1 week to 10 days. Clearly this was the worst time of year because it was almost Christmas. However this year Christmas was observed on Sunday. I still not have received my laptop back and although I have called many times no one has called me back even though the representative told me I would get a within 24 hours. That was 4 days ago.

I called again today 1/2/17 and was answered by a rep who seemed to appreciate my frustration and she promised that after her notes and escalation I would get a call. That was at 10:00 am this morning now it's 6:30 pm and still no call. This is the worst service you could subscribe to and as a consumer I highly recommend you take the Warranty from the manufacturer and find another repair option. They are very helpful or knowledgeable. Do your homework and find a good tech site who know how to help you and keep your laptop for 11 days without much progress.

Compare Tech Support Services