Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.07/5
Based on 1,526 ratings submitted in the last year

Geek Squad Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I just had to take a few minutes to acknowledge the excellent service I received from Geek Squad. Two of your service reps bent over backwards to accommodate me. Their names are Pete (the tech.) and a young lady named Jordan.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I received excellent customer service from Geek Squad. I was having trouble getting my iPhone to connect to my PC for picture download. They gave me several tips and then offered for me to bring my equipment in, so that they could troubleshoot the problems I was having. I appreciate the Geek Squad in Garland Texas so much. Everyone was kind and wonderful and it was an extremely busy day.

Get buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We purchased a top of the line Sony 4K TV which came with a soundbar approx 2 years ago. The soundbar worked for approx 6 months, and then stopped working and we recently contacted Geek Squad (who initially installed it) in an attempt to rectify the situation. We started by calling 1-800-433-5778 which was a joke - passed from person to person and after 10 minutes on hold, line went dead. We tried to call the (Burlington, Ontario) store but we couldn't get anyone to pick up in 3 separate attempts. Finally, we drove to store and Geek Squad Rep was easy to deal with and booked us a next day appointment for a home visit.

Jason and Andrew showed up on time, were efficient, professional and had the problem corrected within 30 minutes or so - I particularly appreciated their patience and understanding as they took the time to answer any questions I had. Jason and Andrew are GREAT representatives for the Company and I really hope Best Buy can do something tangible and meaningful for them in the way of recognition. Simply put, they are the reason I will most certainly call Geek Squad next time I require audio/visual/computer assistance.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I took my computer that was knock out due to a lightning strike and to see if it could be fixed but it was fried. What the Geek Squad did do for me is load all my old stuff from my fried computer into a new one I bought there for a good deal I might add. And only charged me $80.00. So with the headache I was looking at without all my info and they got it done in only 2 day. Very impressed. Thank you Geek Squad in Farragut TN for a job well done.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I had bought a Samsung NU8500 65" Curve TV from Best Buy and I went ahead and bought the extended 5 yr. warranty with it for like 300.00 more and after 7 months of having the TV there popped up a red vertical line on the left side of the TV. So I called Geek Squad and they came over to my home and diagnosed it as a bad display and ordered me a new one so I had to wait another week and a half for it to come in.

They then came back and replaced the display and put the TV back together and after getting it back on the TV mount stand of mine they turned it on and no red line and I have my TV back and everything works. I am glad I had them and I had nothing to worry about knowing the Samsung company covered the warranty and I still have my 5 year warranty as well. Thanks! Geek Squad.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I purchased a desktop computer at Best Buy and got the Geek Squad 24/7 support. It takes at a minimum 30 minutes to get someone to answer. I have called 7 times in week trying to get some issues solved. Either the agent disconnected me or didn't know how to fix my issue. I am going to return the desktop and go back to Dell. Geek Squad is a joke.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Frustrating!! Kept saying laptop was fixed and it was not. Spent nearly 100 hours on phone with geek squad I pay monthly for this service but they do not provide a service??!! One worker was finally able to fix it all in 2 hours after 3 weeks of inept repairs.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Pretty much useless, if you don't need antivirus and cloud service. Especially with BestBuy they find a way out of their offered services and try to get you to buy a new product to a small discount. It's fraud!

Original review: June 30, 2020

I purchased Total Support and made an appointment for several TVs to be installed on May 26, 2020. They overcharged me by $200.00. I was told on May 27th I would get a refund. I continue to call and continue to be told will be refunded but as of June 20, 2020 I have not received a refund.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Geek Squad Cell Phone Insurance is a scam. Here's proof: Purchased Geek Squad insurance for my cell phone at purchase. This insurance costed me a monthly fee of 15.81. I had the insurance since May of 2018 and made a total of 27 payments equaling $426.87. I had to use the insurance because my phone broke so I made a claim. The claim process involved making a deposit for the "new" refurbished device that they shipped out to me and charged me the full device price of $1232. Right now you can purchase a brand new s9 plus at Best Buy (their own store) for $849.95 so not sure where that device price came from as the deposit.

After the deposit I got refunded $1008 with the difference being the deductible of $224. So I paid a total of $224 plus $426.87 which is $650.87 for a refurbished phone. The refurbished phone then started to perform not like a new phone or not like even like my old broken phone. Unfortunately the little problems with it only started to stack up as I used it daily and got passed the 14 day exchange policy that they have. I phoned them to do an exchange not knowing about this 14 days and they said I needed to make another claim. Now if you don't see how much of a scam this is just by the math I'm doing then I don't know how else to word this.

I will be seeing a lawyer to see what my options are here because Geek Squad is running a scam here and gouging customers and I would like them to stop or at least extend their exchange policy to another year, especially when they gave me a faulty device which I didn't find out was faulty until after this 14 day fine print was discovered by a phone call to their customer service. To say this is disappointing and a scam is an understatement and I will be seeking legal action if I don't at least receive another replacement phone for the one that does not work.

Geek Squad author review by ConsumerAffairs

Run by Best Buy and well-known by consumers everywhere, Geek Squad is one of the most popular computer help services available.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team