Geek Squad

Compare Tech Support Services

Research top Tech Support Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The Geek Squad service after the installation is more appalling than the service. These are supposed to be high-tech, state of the art electronic specialist, well not even close. 1st- The technician did not show up for our first scheduled appointment. So double check their schedule! 2nd- Simply, programming a universal remote the technician did not leave us with the password, paperwork, remote account information or any contact information. The remote programming was not successful and incomplete. Get a copy of everything they did, (my bad). 3rd- We contacted Geek Squad 5-6 times trying to get in touch with the technician to get a simple remote password as once we logged into the remote without the correct password it lost all of the settings that the technician programmed. (The Geek Squad communication is unbelievably unsophisticated as the customer service personnel can get in touch with service technicians).

4th- We contacted the technician our self and left voice messages requesting a callback with the password for the remote and never received a callback. 5th- After 2 weeks of trying to get a simple password from the support team and holding for an hour to file this complaint to the floor supervisor, the Geek Squad response was there was nothing they could do as I had entered the wrong password so therefore I tried to change the settings which voids all warranties. Give me a break, for $99.00 it is just not worth it! If you have a computer, program your own remote it works way better!!!

I went to the Best Buy website yesterday and clicked on the Geek Squad link. I needed a computer from work diagnosed for either a motherboard crash or power supply problem. I stated this clearly in the problem area. I then selected an "appointment" time to go to Geek Squad at the Orem, Utah Best Buy. It would be the next day at 11:00 AM. When I got to work, there was a reminder in my e-mail that my appointment was at 11:00. So, I left work at 10:20, waded through 8" of snow, two car accidents and slick roads to arrive at Best Buy to have the Geek on duty, who had been standing shooting the breeze with two other Geeks, tell me that "We don't make appointments on-line and we can't do anything about this issue. We will have to send it away for 4-6 weeks to have it diagnosed. We don't do anything in house."

I told him I had received an e-mail confirmation that morning for the appointment that I had stated clearly in my initial request what was wrong with the computer and was given no indication that they couldn't or wouldn't even look at the computer. "I'm sure you did ma'am, I can't help that. We can't do anything about it. Have a nice day." He was right, he, nor any of the others, could do anything "in house"! They were useless and less than useless! These people are jerks! It's disgusting! If I could give them zero stars, I would! If I could give them minus stars, I would! I think they get you in there to buy a new computer or some product, they certainly don't do what they say in their advertising.

My screen went out on my tv after my son was playing with his new helicopter I purchased for Christmas. I had a Geek Squad warranty. I went to Best Buy and spoke with an associate informed him that the tv was hit and the screen was out. He said, "You have a gsp warranty. EVERYTHING is covered." He gave me a number to call and schedule a in home repair. I spoke with a woman let her know the issue. She said they won't replace the screen if there is a crack in it. But they will replace whatever is broken behind the screen but it's up to me if I can live with the crack or not. I then scheduled an appointment for a technician to come to my home.

About a week later I received a call from a technician named Alexander to let me know he was on his way. He entered my home and said the panel was damaged. My warranty covers this and I will receive a call in four hours to let me know if they will get parts on order or if they will replace my television. I received no call. I called Alexander on his number it went straight to voicemail twice. I then decided to contact Geek Squad directly. I spoke with some arrogant employee that told me that my repair is a COD. He was very disrespectful. I then asked if I can speak with a manager. Of course no manager was available. I informed him I no longer wanted to speak with him so if he could send me over to another person. Then magically he transfers me to a man who claims to be a manager. All he tells me is to talk to the corporate Geek Squad. He transfers me to an unknown number that rings and rings then goes silent.

I called back and spoke with a female let her know my issue. She transferred me to a Best Buy in a whole different state. Then I call back talk to guy who won't transfer me to anyone because he has no way to. Then I call back again speak with a different female employee. I ask her to speak to a manager. She transfers me to a different Best Buy. So I speak with the Best Buy employee who transfers me back to Geek Squad. I then talk to a woman and let her know my issue. She put me on hold for about ten minutes and transfers me to a man. I explain my issue to him and he tells me he's in technical support and transfer me somewhere and the call hung up on me.

I call back two days later and I'm told the corporate office is closed but I can contact them through Facebook. I post on Facebook and have yet to hear anything. I then call the next day and ask if I can speak with a manager. I was told they were all in a meeting. How convenient. So I ask the lady if she can relay a message and have someone follow up with me. I give her my info and I have yet to hear back from anyone. I called the next day and spoke with a guy who says there is no corporate Geek Squad and to call the store the technician works at. I contact Best Buy and ask to speak with the technician Alexander's manager. I was then told that the store has no control over the technicians but he would try to help me. He talked about coming in and purchasing a new tv. My tv cost $1,600 and I bought a $200 warranty so I didn't have to purchase a new tv.

Long story short - Geek Squad has no integrity. They are liars. They do NOT train their employees correctly. Once they get your money it's pretty much screw you. They show you that their job is just a job and they do NOT care about their customers because at the end of the day they get a check. And last but not least they are NOT accountable. Beware!!! Do NOT purchase anything from Best Buy since they support this disrespect. And DO NOT buy a warranty from Geek Squad believe me. You will regret it.

I canceled my Geek Squad months ago but they continued taking monthly withdraws from my account. I called today and basically was on hold 35 min. Then the person said that I purchased Geek Squad for my phone and that is why they were still taking it out. I never purchased Geek Squad protection on my phone for 12 per month. Why would you need technical support on a phone which you already pay insurance on for drops and breaks? It's all a scam. They just hope you don't notice it. And when you do not problem they already up months maybe years on you. On top of that when you call a technical support number you shouldn't have to wait so long to speak to a human.

On 12/23/16 my Lenovo Yoga 900 which was only 6 months old did not power up. I took it to my local Best Buy at the Palisades Center in West Nyack NY and I was told that they would have to send it out to their service center in Kentucky. That it would take anywhere from 1 week to 10 days. Clearly this was the worst time of year because it was almost Christmas. However this year Christmas was observed on Sunday. I still not have received my laptop back and although I have called many times no one has called me back even though the representative told me I would get a within 24 hours. That was 4 days ago.

I called again today 1/2/17 and was answered by a rep who seemed to appreciate my frustration and she promised that after her notes and escalation I would get a call. That was at 10:00 am this morning now it's 6:30 pm and still no call. This is the worst service you could subscribe to and as a consumer I highly recommend you take the Warranty from the manufacturer and find another repair option. They are very helpful or knowledgeable. Do your homework and find a good tech site who know how to help you and keep your laptop for 11 days without much progress.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

I bought a computer from Best Buy and had to pay for 3 months of Geek Squad. And the computer was full of problems but every time I called Geek Squad I was kept on hold for over 30 minutes. Then when I tried going online there was no way to talk to anyone. Entirely frustrating! I just haven't used the computer at all. It just sits on my desk collecting dust and I'm using my old computer which works but is just really slow. I'm at the point where I'd like to just take the computer back, but I'm not allowed to do that anymore.

My service order: ** from Geek Squad Brockton, MA. It is a terrible nightmare I have had! They wiped off all my personal data in my D: without asking my decision. The guy who received my case on the day I brought my laptop to Geek Squad named: Sha **. I told him that my computer got virus and I could not start my computer normally. After checking in his computer, he said I got 4 computer in my laptop. I said, "How come, I bought and used it to now. I did not know about that. I just want 1 in my laptop." He said, "Ok" and typing something in his computer. I just wanted to say something more... but everytime I opened my mouth he said, "1 second" for some times and then finally said, "You are all set." The attitude as if I came to bother him. He did not give me any paper or receipt as it used to.

Today I came to pick up and found that my laptop system was all gone as a brand new computer!!! @ all my software words, excel, even the drive D:\ (system-restoration files placed there by the computer manufacturer) all gone. The terrible thing is that the guy talked to me when I came there to complain about the disappearing of my drive D:. He said, "Drive D is for DVD, your laptop doesn't have CD or DVD drive so it is normal. Oh, my God! He has no idea about the chunk D:\ always be defaulted there together with chuck C:\ by manufacture!!! All my experience, my memories, my documents, my studies, my business are all gone... just because of such kind of staffs of Geek Squad there!!! My life was ruin!!! I will check with lawyer if I can sue them because they touched my personals property without my agreement.

After making a reservation and stating I would like to go over how to work GoPro and set up my SD card. Driving over an hour to get there. I show up and no one on Geek Squad knew anything about GoPros. They said "you should just Y-tube it." Nice 2.5 hours wasted. Nothing accomplished except for backing up into a guy in parking lot, due to all the frustration. If you have a promise keep it. If you say you can help set up your equipment you should be ready to do so. Otherwise call and say "we are not up to date on products and have no idea on how to help you." That would of been better than wasting my time.

This is a very disorganized service. They have scheduled me like 10 times for different dates and hours for a simple TV delivery and they never turned up. They even dared to ask me $104 delivery fee even though they were advertising free delivery for Christmas and they were the ones who kept on rescheduling. Each time you call them they make you wait 1-1.5 hour on the phone for nothing. The unskilled operators have no clue of what they are talking about. This was a total waste of time!

I've purchased 3 iPhone 6 with a plan by Telus and Best Buy seller suggested me to use and apply for Geek Squad. I did. And paid 24 months about $80 monthly (approx. $1900). My daughter's phone screen had broken and need to fix/replace the screen. Contacted with agent in Geek Squad. First of all agent refused her request because of not matching IME number. Which was not our problem!!! Then talked to manager in Geek Squad. Manager said surprisingly: "We will fix the screen. But you must pay $100. The repair price is $200 and we (Geek Squad) pay only $100!!” Like home warranty!!! Home warranty!!! They cover only half price. This is totally ridiculous. And no make sense. Suggesting to anyone: do not use Geek Squad warranty. They give you nothing.

In a nutshell: I was on a "chat" line with a Geek Squad tech for practically 3 hours while he tried to get my computer to access my printer to scan. When we started the process, the printer was working, but the scan was not. When we completed the process, he had done something to cause the printer not to work at all. In short, I was in a worse position than when I started. In addition, he told me that my computer had major operating system problems and would have to be taken to the store for repair. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The tech tried to dissuade me. I persevered. I was connected to supervisor who then connected me to another man who fixed everything in about 15 minutes. The first tech was absolutely incompetent.

Geek Squad had cancelled my entire warranty over a late payment without warning. When I needed my computer screen fixed due to a crack I had to re-buy the almost 900$ warranty. I gave them my computer. They offered me a data swap if I had another Apple computer which I didn't at the time. I have one now and they're trying to charge me 100-1300$ for a data swap and claiming my hard drive is infected when it in fact is not. All I asked for was a screen replacement and they are trying to rip me off and charge me for unnecessary work.

Laptop "repairs". I finally had the pleasure to actually take advantage of additional warranty from a purchase. I have but and paid for two of such warranties from Best Buy and associated companies. Both have been a waste of money and this last has ** me off. I got work done by Geek Squad. This was to replace keys and as it turned out a screen was replaced as well on my laptop. Now my emails are screwed up. Some come in on iCloud some on Gmail. It does not seem to make any difference where the mail was sent, they seem to show up wherever they want. Erasing from one will not erase from the other. Sending mail from Gmail to respond to a mail or leave a comment always requires me to "restore" the message. Reading something on iCloud always sends you to Gmail.

When you are done reading and try to go back to iCloud you can't. You must exit and restart by opening iCloud. My phone will not sync with the laptop either. I am not pleased and will never darken their door again or otherwise purchase from Best Buy or get work done by Geek Squad given this and the "service"/"warranty" provided from my purchase of my cell phone at an earlier date. To repeat, I am **.

My experience with Geek Squad was less than acceptable from the start. Numerous technician couldn't figure out how to remote into my Mac when come to find out it was a simple click to allow apps to be downloaded from everywhere. This caused hours of time on part and me having to bring my computer in. The next issue took three online attempts with three different techs to figure out why my printer wasn't connecting to my computer. The resolution on their side was that I should contact my printer company and it was nothing they could do. I then asked another computer expert who clicked the printer sharing button and fixed the problem in 2 minutes.

I called to speak to someone about my concerns to be hung up on and not called back and then told there was nothing they could do. I said so I pay for a service that you aren't providing and it seems that the employees need more training. The gentlemen's response was that a lot of techs don't pay attention in training class and nobody could do anything to discount my poor service or make me want to believe that they could do better for me in the future. POOR customer service and POOR service in general. I will be moving my business elsewhere.

Brand new Dell (for Home use - paid app $1,000 for it) laptop that would not connect to the internet from the first floor BUT in the room where the router was, it connected and worked. Even though it was literally out-of-the-box new, Dell (Indian) support insisted on giving me a credit card and letting them dial in. This went nowhere. Took it to the fools at Geek Squad at Best Buy since I got it there - explained that the network connection WORKED, just not more than a few feet away. Every other device in the house (about 9) ALL had no issues connecting from ANYWHERE. They said it was probably a 'setting' or an 'adjustment on the NIC card'. Took it for 3 weeks, charged me $150 for 'diagnostics' and said 'no problem found'... Of course, the problem STILL existed at my house. (Ended up buying a Powerline adapter).

A year later, the same laptop intermittently was crashing, and eventually hard drive went. Took it to another computer repair shop who replaced the drive. Within a month the exact same problems started - intermittent crashing and the BIOS couldn't see the internal disk. (At least they refunded my money). After a few weeks of this - the BIOS never seeing the disk - it was dead in the water. Desperate, I took it to Geek Squad and explained there's a NEW drive in there (only a month old or so) so it's not a 'bad drive' - more likely a cable to the drive or something else motherboard/hardware. They asked how much I was willing to spend to get it fixed. I said 'not more than $200'.

They said they'd call in a couple days, and would have it a week at most. 2 weeks pass and I hadn't heard a word. I called them - finally got through to a 'geek' who looked up the order and said: 'the drive is bad. We can fix it for $199'. Hmm. I told them I didn't want to spend more than $200, and the price to fix it was $199. What a coincidence.

I told them AGAIN it WASN'T the drive - and asked to speak to the tech. They said "OK we'll have him call you". He never called. This went on for another week or two - them saying a tech would call, and nobody did before I told them "forget it - DON'T fix it. You obviously don't know what you're doing. I just want it back". They said I could pick it up in 2 days. Went to the store to pick it up 5 days later (could never get through by phone to make sure they had it) and the geek/kid said "It's not here yet - it was shipped YESTERDAY and is in transit. Try back next week".

I flipped out - he got the manager - who glanced at the same screen a second and said "it's in the back - I'll get it". WHAT?!?!?! I thought it was 'in transit'???? No comment from the mgr... He got the laptop and awkwardly inquired what I would do with it... It was broken, unusable - he was hinting at me giving it to him or selling him this broken laptop for almost nothing since it was dead. I was irate and told him I'll take care of it myself and left.

The next day I called a Dell parts company (Parts People) who sell parts and does repairs to buy a new drive (for $70 vs $200 w/ Geek Squad). I certainly did not believe it was the drive, but since several different geeks INSISTED over the phone the drive crashed I'd see for myself. Incredibly, these geeks I spoke to "insisted it's NOT uncommon at all for brand new drives to crash - it's very common... They don't last long!" - which is a bold face lie. Happens, yes - a lot? No. I got the new drive and installed it. SAME PROBLEM - BIOS not seeing it. This is EXACTLY what Geek Squad said they were doing; the drive was 'bad' and they were replacing the drive. This was another brand new drive - which ALSO didn't work...

I called the Parts People who sent the drive to ask about returning it. He (Michael) said 'no problem' - and started asking me about the problem, background, symptoms, etc and said "that problem sounds to me like the interconnect drive cable - NOT the drive. It's a cheap part you can order yourself and replace. Try it - if it doesn't work, you can ship the whole thing here and we'll fix it, but order the part - check eBay - and you can probably do it yourself - I'll bet that's the problem".

This cable was $10 on eBay. I got it and installed it - with my old, supposedly 'crashed' drive in the laptop - and it now works PERFECTLY. I am typing this on the laptop Geek Squad insisted had a 'crashed drive'. Do not use these people. They are incompetent and lie. They were going to charge me $199 for a $10 cable. Both times I brought my laptop there - PURCHASED FROM BEST BUY WHO WORKS WITH GEEK SQUAD - THEY CHARGED ME HUNDREDS AND DID NOTHING. Worse, based on the awkward conversation with the manager, it sure looks to me like they KNEW it was a $10 dollar part, and they were hoping I'd take $50 or $100 for this "broken" machine that doesn't work - put the new cable in - and have a $1,000 laptop for pennies on the dollar. Unethical scum.

This guy name Chris came to my house to fix the cables in our new. t.v. I happened to call home at that moment and I hear this guy screaming at my wife, ask to pass the phone to me and before I can say anything he scream at me, told him to shut up and let me speak and he hang up. Call back and still I can hear him shouting. After many attempts I get his manager. He try to justified him, lie and threatens me with "canceling my service contract". His employee lies, this guy Thomas spins everything, can get proper service. Shame in all of them cowards screaming at a woman. Don't even think about the service. Just that attitude. They won't let you speak with a Supervisor either. What a bunch of shyster.

DO NOT USE THE GEEK SQUAD!!! I hired the Geek Squad to install a new receiver, Roku, etc... My bill was $776 which included $350 for Geek Squad installation. The technician showed up with a bad attitude and wanted to charge me over $100 more. I really wanted to have everything connected especially after taking a half day off work. My recommendation is to find someone else. I will never use the Geek Squad again nor will I shop at Best Buy!

My account allows for up to 3 devices. It is on my PC and I wanted to duplicate it on an iPad Air2. The agent was almost non-responsive, finally putting me on hold for 4-5 minutes then disconnected the call. I have had Webroot on my PC for 2 years. I gave them my key code. Called back, could not speak with a live person on 12/11/2016.

I had a protection plan with eBay for my iPhone 6 since January 2016. When I subscribe for that coverage Agi*geeksquad protect promised to cover any damage caused to my phone up to replacing it with a new one. After 6 months, I noticed that screen was cracked even though the phone itself was functioning perfectly. I called Agi*geeksquad and they told me initially that I will receive a new iPhone. However, as a guarantee, I had to provide details of a credit card which will be charged for $750 until they receive my old phone. I did that and after I was told that is a problem with my case. I have to prove that I did not crack my screen intentionally?!

Could you imagine the irony of this?! I insisted that I did not remember how my screen was cracked(with some scratches) and how can I prove that I did not cause the scratches in purpose?! I cancelled protection policy after they lied to me that they will provide me with a new iPhone. This protection plan in condition you have to prove that the item protected by a plan is not damaged deliberately is just a way to take money without providing the service.

Ordered a TV through Best Buy. I called the next day to change the delivery address and was routed to Geek Squad. Talked to a customer service rep and she told me she had updated the delivery address. Two weeks later on the delivery date the driver called saying he was at the original address. Driver didn't apologize, dispatcher didn't apologize, and the supervisor in customer service that I eventually got on the phone with had a bad attitude and didn't apologize. Best they could do was deliver the TV on Saturday night 10 hours after the original scheduled delivery, which was not a possibility for me. First time buying from Best Buy and it'll be the last due to this inconvenience and the way it was handled.

I'm pretty sure I fried my motherboard while installing the wrong size processor for my computer. I didn't know this at the time but it cause my computer to not boot up. I take my computer to Geek Squad and they charge me $150 just to diagnose it and fix it in store. They call the next day and said that they couldn't fix it in store and it would need to be shipped to their repair center. I went up there and the refund me the $150 close the order and open a new one. I had to pay $35 for them to ship it to repair center. The guy told me it was a motherboard issue and it would need to be replaced which I knew and it would be the minimum amount of $130 to fix and it will take several weeks. They had my computer for 3 days before they shipped it and it was just going to the next state.

When they did ship it, it arrived the same day. I receive and email to call them before they could continue with my repair. I called and they want to charge me over $900 to replace my motherboard?!? No way should it cost that much. My computer didn't cost that much. I told them they a rip off and I'm not paying that much for a motherboard and to ship it back. I found the same motherboard for $255 on eBay and I plan to just replace it myself. I will no longer do business with geek squad ever again.

Not Good. Took my laptop in to be repaired, told them wife dropped it off her lap on the carpet floor and it stopped coming on. They checked and said the screen is bad because the side monitor hook up was working fine when they checked it out before they put it in repair. Then I left and waited my call to pick it up. 3 days later they call telling me the screen has to be replaced and the side monitor hook up worked so they could not repair the laptop after checking it out and checking the cable hook ups inside the laptop.

I am disappointed and asked why they did not put a new screen on it then, after all I wanted it fixed. He said they would have to sent it to the manufacture to do that and screen cost around 300.00 to fix. I said on then, and took it home. I got on amazon and ordered a replacement screen for it. 35.00 when it come in I found a www site that shows you step by step how to do it. So I decided to do it myself, Once I got started and opened it up I found many missing screws they failed to put back in. They left out most of the screws, this laptop was only 2 years old and brand new, never been worked on and now it's missing screws.

Next when I got to taking the screen off I found the wire that connect it on the back was not plugged in, I plugged it up and the laptop started working. So they have people working for them who are idiots, who get paid to do a job they don't know how to do. Next I started putting it back together and I found of the screws - they did put back in it; most were stripped out so I had to use the missing holes for the screws. Got it back together and it's working as factory new again. So I will hang on to my new screen I bought for a future repair if it ever needs one. I will never let them do another repair for me again. And I do not recommend anyone else to either, If you don't mind them leaving screws out then go for it. But I give them a big fat F- on repair knowledge.

I have been paying into my iPhone phone insurance for 2 years now and have dealt with these people on two different occasions. The first time, my phone had been shut down by an Apple update and I needed to have it fixed. I was sent a package to send my phone in, which came past their quota of 5 business days and when I went to pick up what I thought would be my new phone I was sent my same damaged phone. It turns out I hadn't turned off Find My Iphone. Funny how not a single representative told me that I had to disable this feature. I sent my phone to them with Find My IPhone disabled and they sent me a defective replacement refurbished phone.

Now, I have cracked my screen. I have spoken to multiple different representatives who all failed to tell me that I would be charged 114 dollars for another crappy refurbished phone. Alongside a 900 dollar deposit. The representatives are rude, deceitful and extremely unhelpful and I will never deal with Geek Squad ever again. Bottom line. Do not go with this company. They are complete garbage.

They never show up. If you make an appointment rent a movie so you have something to do while you wait for nothing to happen. Oh, but don't rely on the free rentals they offer from Cineplex. They don't work. We are waiting for another no-show. I have been on hold for such a long time that I can write this review. Complete waste of time and money so far.

The associate was rude from the minute I approached the desk. He would not answer any questions and would not even GLANCE at my laptop. He stood with arms crossed staring directly at me telling me there was nobody to look at the computer and my only option was to pay them to mail it somewhere else to see what the repair would be. The laptop needed a hinge. That was ALL!!! But he would not help or respond in any way. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! They are TERRIBLE!! I found a local techie who fixed it for $20!

I was in the Warwick store around 2:30 this afternoon bringing in a PC for service. There was 1 tech at the counter waiting on 2 customers before me. He asked me why I was here and was told that I needed an appointment and I would have to return at a later date. No one else was in line behind me and I told him I had a service contract and noted that he was finished with his customers and no one else was in line.

At that point he went into the back room and brought out another tech to wait on me. I explained that I have a service policy and that the PC involved was on Windows XP and that the last time it was serviced (service sticker dates were on the unit), an admin password was put on and now I couldn't access it. I also explained that I wanted to get Windows 7 or 10 and was told that he couldn't help me.

The tech suggested that I bring it to PC Warehouse and they should be able to do it. At that point I asked why I would pay another place to do work that I'm covered for on a service contract. No answer was given, just go to PC Warehouse. I took it to PCW and they were very friendly and helpful and will have the PC back to me on Saturday, no hassle or fuss. I used to own a business that I would purchase computers and printers for from Best Buy as well as my own personal electronics and have probably spent well. In excess of $80,000 over the past 12 years. If this is the way I am being treated by your staff, I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Some of your employees are outstanding but to get 2 attitudinal degenerates back to back is unacceptable. A copy of this email will be going to corporate as well. I know how much CSI means to companies today, but your level just hit bottom.

On Saturday, November 19 I visited my local Best Buy to arrange a site visit at my home to install a large screen TV above my fireplace and set up the sound system. My appointment was scheduled on November 22 between 8 am and 12 pm. The female tech showed up at 11 am. She listened to what I wanted done and surveyed the house to see what was needed. Prior to leaving, she said I would have a quote by that evening. It is November 30 and I do not have a quote and what's worse is that the phone number on her business card does not have a voice mailbox active. I had emailed to her on November 29 and received no response.

On November 30, I called 1-800-geeksquad to get an explanation as to what was going on. Over a span of 1 hour and 11 minutes, I was transferred 6 times and all of the people had no clue as to what to do. The last person I spoke with was in a call center and took care of shipping problems. He had no idea as to what to do. This is the WORST customer service I have dealt with in my life. I am appalled by their inefficiency and ignorance on problem solving. You can buy product from Best Buy, but if you want service or installation, go somewhere else.

I have never cracked a screen, or dropped my phone in the toilet or anything that would create a belief that I abuse phones. Yet I have received 6 iPhones from these people, I mean these monsters. Time and time again these phones fail; either immediately, or shortly after the 30 day warranty on these cheaply built pieces of garbage. I've ended up having to pay 231 dollars, twice now! All because the phones they send us are purposely designed to fail in order to make us keep having to buy them. SERIOUSLY! I can think of no other explanation, I've spoken with at least 7 representatives and it means nothing to them. They are trained like dogs to apologize constantly and offer ZERO compensation help or anything.

Now on to the phones. iPhone 6s plus 64G gold, 1st one had the screen glitch, couldn't swipe screen, ghost dials, ghost texts, basically unusable. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th phone every one of them had speakerphone failures, no speaker phone or facetime volume whatsoever. In addition the 4th phone has begun to do the screen glitch. Which in all cases will be dead within a month. So now my case goes to an escalation team who is supposed to contact me within 5 days. Well 14 days later still no call from the escalation team. So I guess just they'll send me another phone and you guys can hope it lasts past 30 days right? Now on my 5th phone. Still doesn't work right. In two months I've totaled over 22 hours on the phone with you spineless cowards.

Employees like supervisor Cassie are extremely rude and snarky, who are just there to get you off the phone by telling you nothing. Employees like Shanda **, who tell me an E card for a new phone is being emailed so I can scrap out the garbage phone finally; LIES. Employees like Kaysha, who don't even place the order but tell me they did; LIES. Beginning to see a pattern here? So is lucky phone #6 gonna be it. Shall find out tomorrow. Thanks for nothing but headaches and taking practically years off of my life. Hope you all burn in hell!

My wife's phone had a cracked screen. We had the drop and spill coverage that covered the screen. We brought our phone in and the account showed her phone but for some reason the serial in the computer did not match her phone (not even close, the serial in the computer was longer than the one in the phone that LG uses). We tried several ways of looking it up but the number was in their system wrong even though it showed the same phone and the phones activation date matched the sales date. Their response was "Bring in the original box. Maybe the serial is correct on there." All this over an $20 phone.

Please do not use Geek squad!!! They had my computer for 3 weeks before telling me the hard drive I purchased was not compatable with my computer. I called them everyday to check on my computer and they flat out lied to me, telling me "it was on the bench" and "being worked on." They even said they were running the recovery disk and it should be ready soon. Then they called me and said the hard drive I provided was not compatable with my computer! Really?? I then asked to speak to the manager, I told her not to touch my computer anymore and refund every penny of my money. It was a horrible experience. Please don't go here unless you want to wait 3 weeks while they do nothing.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Run by Best Buy, Geek Squad is probably the best known and most highly regarded computer help service.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.
  • Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.
  • Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.
  • Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.
  • Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.
  • Best for Individuals