Geek Squad

Compare Tech Support Services

Research top Tech Support Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

When I purchased a new MacBook Pro computer from Best Buy about 18 months ago they talked me into buying a Geek Squad service program that included Webroot cyber security. As I was going to be transitioning from Windows to Apple I thought signing up with Geek Squad would be a good idea. Up until recently I have been using Apple Support to held me through the learning curve. They have been FANTASTIC to say the least. As it appeared as though I had a battery problem I needed to take the computer in for a hardware diagnostic.

My option was the Apple Store which is a long ways from where I live, or the Geek Squad at Best Buy. I made an online appointment with Geek Squad and took my computer in yesterday anticipating that my problem would be identified. When I arrived for my 1120 appointment there was one young woman at the reception desk who was attempting to do everything from schedule appointments to provide technical advice. I felt sorry for her as she was completely overwhelmed. Approaching noon she was finally able to deal with me.

While I initially thought that I would be passed off to a technician somewhere behind the reception desk, I could see the play by the time my turn came up. The young lady attempted to run a hardware diagnostic program on my computer but gave up mumbling to herself that a bad order Ethernet cable of theirs was preventing the program from working. When I asked about the ability to see a technician she advised that it was her who I would be dealing with. When I commented that I was disappointed not being able to see a technician she apologized and said I would have to leave the computer for between 12 and fourteen days to have the diagnostic performed.

Recognizing my frustration she said I also had the option of calling their 24 hour helpline to have the same work performed. I left the store and followed up on her recommendation. My first call resulted in speaking to a technician who wasn't even capable of setting up remote access to my computer. With that I requested that my contract be cancelled and that I be refunded. That resulted in being passed to someone in a Sales group who told me that despite my contract providing for a prorated refund, I failed to qualify. Notwithstanding this the person I was dealing with suggested that I try technical support one more time as they were sure that my problem could be addressed.

I went along with the suggestion and worked with an agent who after a few attempts, secured remote access of my computer. All the while I'm thinking that this is the technician who was going to work on my computer. Then, with remote access established, I was told that I would receive an email from someone later in the day to advise what was found on my computer. I questioned the process and asked why I wouldn't remain on the telephone with the technician while my computer was being diagnosed. I was told that that wasn't Geek Squad's process or policy.

With that I asked where the technician who was going to work on my computer actually resided? I expected to be told in another country but to my surprise, the representative said, "in the US somewhere but I'm not sure, probably in their living room." That was it for me, NO MORE GEEK SQUAD. It was an absolute waste of money. PS. Later in the day the Apple people got to the bottom of my problem. It was the Webroot cyber security software that has now been removed.

I spoke with someone named Michael from the Geek Squad. He totally was not helpful in setting up someone to come out that could check my tv as well as repair it if there was a minor issue that did not require parts. He told me that he could get a diagnostic person out that would cost 99.00. That could tell me what was wrong but that even if the problem were just pushing the right button to correct it they could not do that. But would then have to schedule someone else to come out to do that? This guy was totally frustrating and not helpful in any way. I have had wonderful experiences with the Geek Squad in Atlanta, GA.

I dropped my laptop off with the geek squad on Sunday, 3/12/2017. Sunday afternoon a representative called and said we needed a new hard drive. Later that same evening, we received a call that the laptop was fixed and ready for pickup. I cannot understand how Geek Squad can say that my repair is complete??? You called me and indicated that I needed a new hard drive, which I gave my approval. Then you called me and told me it was fixed and ready to pick up. I rescheduled my appointment and left work early on Monday to pick up the laptop you told me was fixed.

Obviously you don't check before notifying the customer, because when I got there, you then tell me the RAM was bad, you don't carry them and will NOT order one for me. It was my responsibility to order a new RAM and come back YET AGAIN for you to actually fix this - and you have the nerve to say my service was completed?? I am out over $300.00 and still have NO working laptop. If anyone ever asks if I would recommend the Geek Squad -- the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Terrible experience. Canceled the protection plan for mine and my mom's phones today. My phone fell and the back cracked (spider web). So I called in and they told me that they don't fix cell phones, they'll just send me a new one. So here what they don't tell you when you purchase the plan. It is NOT FREE of charge. You have to pay the deductible of $100.00 and you get a refurbished phone. NOT NEW!!! My phone is 5 months old... I'm gonna get somebody's broken and fixed phone... God knows how long that will work for. This plan is not worth and all the great things they offer is a lie!!!

Was sold the Geek Squad service contract with the promise they would repair or replace the TV with something as good. They went on and on how if I needed a new TV it would be with something as good as what I had before. What they mean is they will replace it with something as good as long as it is cheaper. They gave me a refund of the discounted price I paid for the TV saying nothing is as good as my TV. They also kept the remaining 3 years of the contract. Geek Squad came out days after the call and pronounced the TV dead and unfixable within 5 min and without opening TV. Had I just paid a real repair person my nice TV would be working for less than this scam contract. ($50 to repair power supply +$100 labor vs $300 I spent for a 5 min visit.)

Now I am forced to buy another TV from Best Buy and either get something worse or spend a lot more on the current version. Huge rip-off. I will never ever use Geek Squad services again and, given the deceitful sales verbiage from the salesperson, the BB cust service, and the replacement dept, I will never again shop Best Buy. I recommend others avoid Best Buy and Geek Squad as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

In June of 2016 I went to Best Buy to upgrade my iPhone plan. The salesman asked me if I was interested in the Geek Squad protection plan. I asked him if the plan would cover the replacement of my phone immediately should it stop working for any reason aside from me abusing or damaging it myself. He excitedly said, "Yes absolutely, should you have any issue aside from actually running over it with your car" (HIS words), "it will be replaced immediately." So even though the $12.99/month US charge seemed a bit much I thought well it is my business phone/livelihood so I best make this monthly investment.

On Sunday morning Jan. 29th I realized the battery after being plugged in all night was very low, so I decided to go to Best Buy and see what the issue with my 6 month old phone was. Lucky me I had Geek Squad insurance so I thought, "No worries. If it is a problem they will just replace it or at the very least give me a cheap flip phone as a lender to get me through my business week until it is fixed or replaced." WRONG!! Apparently their idea of an immediate replacement is you securing your credit card for in my case $575.00 (which they deducted from my account Immediately) before they send you out a replacement in 3-5 business days from (not your store of purchase) some warehouse in from what I could see BC, Canada. So because of no other choice of getting a phone IMMEDIATELY replaced I had to do just that.

The GS representative I spoke with on the Best Buy store phone told me that my replacement would be shipped out on Monday Jan. 30th (next day) and should receive tracking information that day at some point. Feb. 1 am I called to ask for the tracking info, and for some reason that was not available to me, but was told, 'No worries. You should have it by tomorrow Feb. 2 or 3rd. I called on the 2nd to ask for tracking info again and was given the runaround and unable to give me that info. Finally a while later after that I finally got an email with tracking, and lo and behold I realized that the reason I was not given tracking on the date it was suppose to be shipped Jan. 30th was because it was NOT SHIPPED until 7:42 pm on Feb. 1st.

So after yet another lie I panicked and called again asking, "WHEN will my device be here? This is a business phone and this is unacceptable!" No apologies just a scripted answer as it will arrive in 3-5 business days. Friday Feb 3 was suppose to be the original day 5. Well that is if it had actually be sent on the 30th...hahaha. I am writing this letter now on business day 6 at 12 noon and still no phone. Day 9 and UPS apparently lost the iPhone so here we go again. Investigation has now started and I am still without a phone. After a few more calls and literally crying on the last call GS agreed to send me a gift certificate via email that would take 2-3 business days. (Seriously an email gift card 2-3 business days, does anyone else see why this is crazy?)

I am a self-employed hairstylist and being without a phone for 2 full business weeks has been crippling to my business, and has given me indescribable anxiety. I am writing this letter in to ensure that I can somehow help someone else from having this scam happen to them. It is my only phone therefore if it wasn't for the fact a family member let me borrow theirs I would have no way to even call a firetruck if needed. If you have any doubts of my story please read the customer reviews online about Geek Squad protection. (I only wish I had done that.) Horrible experiences far outweigh any good. In fact The Consumers Report was giving it a very poor rating as of yesterday.

Bottom line I will never step foot in a Best Buy again because as far as I am concerned they are as at fault as the Geek Squad protection plan they upsell to customers. They are not at all forthcoming on what you have to do to get the so-called protection you have been so dearly paying for for months. I am not one to air my problems on social media or otherwise but I am so afraid this will happen to someone else. Most people's only phone now is a cell phone. I have lost business but what if someone were to lose a home or a life because they were unable to make a 911 call? If you pay for an insurance to replace your phone immediately, then is it too much to ask for that very thing to be done? Buyer beware! Ask all the questions, read all the fine print, and in my opinion take your chances, and don't buy into these insurance/extended warranty scams. I will never do it again!

P.S. Update on my $575.00 refundable deposit. I finally received it 18 days after they received my defective phone after several phone calls. Longest 3-5 business day refund ever, :(. The excuse this time is their systems were down. Wow what a nightmare for them. Systems down for almost 3 weeks. (Yes that would be sarcasm in my voice.) So thanks again Best Buy and Geek Squad Insurance for your speedy insurance policy. Only 5 weeks of stress... not too bad I guess, :/.

I purposely responded to the constant pop ups to renew my annual MSOffice365 subscription back on 1/31 for the 3/2 renewal. Despite doing that, tonight, 3/1, I was planning to do some last minute work and when going into Word got a popup saying my subscription expired. Spent almost an hour online with an agent to reactivate my renewal, paying over again. He reassured me that the automated payment previously already scheduled for 3/2 would be refunded. I'm sure I will have to follow up on that, too. Very poor renewal process, and very poor service.

I bought a 50 inch LG tv about 2 years ago with Geek Squad protection. Store told me they would exchange it. They could not exchange it because the override would not allow them. They told me to let a Geek Squad tech come out and give me a ra number. The Geek Squad tech came out. Did not test my tv. Ordered a part (which part I do not know because he did not test my tv) and told me he would not give me a ra number. I purchased a lot from Best Buy. I'm going into the store to return every Geek Squad protection plan I have on every item I bought and I'll shop elsewhere.

I purchased insurance thru Best Buy for my cell phone. After a year I had to utilize the insurance. I paid my $150 deductible and received my replacement phone. 2 weeks after receiving the replacement phone it stopped working. The phone would not turn on at all. I call up Geek Squad and file a complaint and they sent out another one free of charge. The phone they sent out was locked and I was unable to use it because Geek Squad failed to do their due diligence and have the phone checked. I called Geek Squad and all they were able to do was tell me that they can send another phone. The fact that I had to lose a day work and am without a phone is not their problem, I was told by one their employees. They refuse to do anything to help compensate for their carelessness. The level of customer service I received from this company is disgusting. It seems to be that their errors are your fault and they refuse to do anything about it.

A guy came out 10 days ago about 1.5 hours after the 4-hour window they gave and said he'd get back to me in two days about setting up a new wireless network w/ extender for 20+ devices. He did not put any info into the system and has disappeared. I have been put on hold and hung up on. Now they say I have to make another appointment for someone to come out again. The woman on the phone was infuriating and contradicted everything the guy that came out said and she either "has no information" or practically accused me of lying. I will never call GEEK SQUAD or buy from BEST BUY again. I've never seen a worse run ruder business.

Needed a radio installed like, pretty easy job, or at least I thought, because the factory radio had already been removed. The lady on the phone tells me $65 is what they charge. Went in and was told it would really be $230. Made appointment on my only day off only to be told that they didn't order all of the necessary parts. Came back a week later. This time they had all of my parts but was told an hour and a half and it took three and a half hours. The guy couldn't get the radio to work.

After getting the radio to work he couldn't get any sound because they were trying to put the wrong wiring harness on my car. Told me they have the correct one in Stock for my factory amp but that it would cost $50 on top of what I was already paying! On top of all of this, I leave the shop only to realize my motorized tilt steering wheel keeps moving up and down by itself, even with the key out! Called them right back and he acted like there was nothing he could do. Said he would call Chrysler in the morning to have their tool scan my car. I never received a call back today and I'm furious! And...my steering controls don't even work!!! Where can I complain?

NEVER RETURN PHONE CALLS for SERVICE. On 1/25/2017, I bought a Brand New Computer and wanted the Geeks to come to my house to set it up. I am 83 yrs old and handicap. I made an appt. which got lost and finally got hold of the gentleman that was to come to my house. Brock at **, nice guy polite and he hook up everything plus printer and fax. I went to use the fax machine the following day did not work. Call back no answer left message many times for the Geeks to call finally got hold of Brock on 2/14/17 said he would get back to me. Still waiting for a call back.

Did call his boss Tom at **. Message said, "Leave a message or text." I do not text so I left message not once but a few times. The last time I called his boss I told him on his machine that I was going to report him if he did not call me I guess he did not care so I reported him. I would hate to say that Best Buy the Geeks take advantage of senior citizens with handicaps but after reading reviews they don't really care who you are. Their service is bad and I would never recommend them to anyone. I don't know how they stay in business.

Gave my laptop to Geek Squad for removal of malware. Geek Squad at Best Buy, Indian River Mall, Vero Beach, FL. explained the malware and asked if this can be removed. "No problem", Geek Squad representative said. Called the problem was fixed. I paid, picked up the laptop and went home. The next day the malware was back (or was never removed). Went back to Best Buy. They said they never return the money even if they are unable to do they promised to do. But, they can try again, I was told. I had the laptop with me and wanted to leave it with the Squad for another clean up. They would not accept it as I would have to make an appointment for a pre-arranged time first. That was a deliberate harassment of the client. What is their problem with taking the computer when I am there and they have time to talk to me as there is nobody else there (so I do not have to make another trip). I already know that they will not succeed. What a nightmare service.

They came to install washer and dryer on 2/2/2017. They said they had the wrong stacking installation kit for stacking dryer. They took our old washer and dryer away. So they said they would try again on 2/4/2017. They could not do it so they said 2/9/2017. SNOW STORM. So they rescheduled for 2/15/2017. I tried to plead with them that we had no appliances. I was told they would change the date to 2/10/2017. It was never rescheduled. I was hung up on twice, finally, there was nothing that can be done. So, I have no washer and dryer for almost 2 weeks. BAD SERVICE CONSIDERATION. And, THEY took the appliances away.

I let you know the awesome by awesome I mean horrible service that I have received by Geek Squad Best Buy. Few weeks before my due date which was scheduled for Feb 3rd c section - I thought it would be a good idea to get my iPhone 5s repaired and working especially when I was paying geek squad insurance on it which is $15 a month. They sent me a NEW phone and said they would hold $565 on my visa and once I return the old phone no questions asked I would get my deposit back... great. I get a new phone in the mail and go to Best Buy to get some help to transfer data. FYI this was two days before my delivery. It took them 3 hours to update the new phone and erase the data from my old. I come home to realize that the new phone is defective as well. The touch screen is not working.

So now a day before my delivery I go to Best Buy to ask for help as I want to keep in touch with my family and the help I got was... "Oh we can give you a phone to use but you will have to put down another $569 plus tax which will be returned to you once you return this phone to us." I kept my cool but the manager was so rude and not helpful. He kept saying he understands my situation. No you don't. I don't think you can ever get pregnant and sweat with hormones all over the place trying to figure out how to keep in touch with family and friends just a day before your delivery date. So with no help and a two hour wait to transfer my data back to my old phone I was back to square one with a $565 hold.

Now I get another phone in the mail after my delivery. I sit and transfer all my data on that phone today when I was feeling okay. Guess what? Even the second phone they sent is defective. I called and the agent told me "I don't understand why they would not send you a new piece." I was like "So you guys send refurbish pieces without checking to your clients who pay $15 a month for iPhone insurance?" He said "Unfortunately we do." OMG. So I'm getting used phones and wasting my time and energy try to update delete and figure out iPhone plus I have a baby to take care of. So now he promises to send me a new phone in the mail.

In total I will be swapping 3 phones and still got a hold of $565 on my visa with geek squad. Not an upgrade nor a compensation was offered to me after the terrible and horrid service I received from Best Buy as well as geek squad. I know it's important to just focus on my baby but I hope you understand I am paying for a service which completely failed me and put me in a situation where I was unable to communicate with my family during the arrival of my first born. The supervisors promised to check the other phone - which is not true. One supervisor promised to call me back and never did. So everyone out there do not waste you money on geek squad insurance 'cause it's a scam and you are not getting what you are paying for. In fact you are getting second hand used products that are REFURBISHED!!

I sent in an iPhone 6 in pristine condition to replace the battery as the battery kept getting low in times. I was told they would replace the battery and send me my phone as it was unlocked. I was then told there was an accidental damage and charged 119 dollars and they sent me a phone (wrong colour to begin with) that was not unlocked. Spoke to numerous people including a Manager and no one was willing to help a customer. Totally disappointed and I will NEVER encourage anyone to take their lousy service. You are better off taking the phone and fixing elsewhere.

I bought a new iPhone 6s from Best Buy with Bell carrier. While buying that phone they insisted me to buy complete protection plan and I bought which was approx $15/month. After exactly one year I lost my phone and I called for claim a new phone. They refused me to claim and said this plan doesn't cover any loss or theft. Those suckers have even posted on their website that if you pay $10.99 per month you'll get full coverage. They are cheaters. Please I recommend to buy protection plans from carrier not from this suckers.

Rude customer service. Called to ask if we could buy an extended warranty. The company sold the warranty to us. When we went back to claim, the people on the phone kept passing us around. Told us that they WOULD NOT replace the TV. Don't waste your time and money on this company.

Geek Squad service from Best Buy is terrible. After 3 weeks with a broken washer, a tech came the first time, after telling me he parts. He dropped all the screws into the machine, he asked me to remind him when he returns. When he returned he was rude and did want to do the job. He left. Customer support no help.

I should have checked this site before I purchased a Geek Squad tech support package. I have been so disappointed dealing with them. I have a problem with my PC and called for tech support. I first spoke with Jason ** who tried telling me, without any examination, that I need more memory and should unhook my PC and carry it into a Best Buy for updating or I could pay a tech $50 to come to my house.

After a dialogue between us I said I had tech support from a competitor in the past and they just took control of my computer remotely and fixed it. He then said, "OK we can do that too. Let me put you on hold for another technician." I was on hold for 40 min before I sent a message saying it was absurd to be on hold so long. Then miraculously one came online and started to try and fix my problem. After a long time I was told it was fixed. The next day the same problem happened and so far I haven't been able to connect by phone to complain and have them try again after being on hold three time for a total time of about an hour.

I was trying to find out if my Geek Squad tech support was expiring, along with the internet protection, but the person on the phone was very difficult to understand. Their accent and fast speech patterns were impossible to decipher, so I asked to speak with someone else. The transfer took me to another person with the same issue. How does one get someone that can speak English clearly? I gave up and hung up, still unanswered question. It will cost me a trip to the Best Buy and the Geek Squad which is not close by.

My husband and I purchased a Toshiba 50" smart tv from Best Buy 8/2014 and purchased the Geek Squad protection of a 5 year warrant for $119.99 thinking it was a good idea. Our old tv had Geek Squad protection and broke and we exchanged in store with no problem so we figured it was smart to do it again. Well the Toshiba broke just after Christmas this year. A dark band just showed up one day on the screen. We immediately called Geek Squad. The rep on the phone told us based on the issue they could not fix the tv and if we could take a picture of the screen and email to him he could get the exchange processed. We send the picture and he tells us to call the exchange hotline in 3 business days to get our exchange #.

We call the exchange # and they tell us that rep was incorrect that they actually need to send a tech to our house to look at the tv. The soonest appointment they had was 2 weeks later! On top of that the tech never showed. So we called the next day and scheduled another tech to come out a week later. The tech shows up and tells us they cannot fix the problem, which we already knew from the 1st guy we talked to. He gave us an exchange # and told us to bring the tv into our local Best Buy to exchange the tv. He was very specific in that we had to be careful not to damage the tv or they would not exchange.

We lug the tv to the store 3 days later and they tell us in store they cannot do an in store exchange. They said there were specific notes on our exchange to not exchange in store. They said b/c our tv was 50" those exchanges are done by the corporate exchange team and that someone would call us within 3 business days. I tried to get the manager to contact the corporate exchange team to at least facilitate scheduling the call. You know these places will call while you at work and close after 4 or 5 so we did not want to miss the call. No luck there. The manager said he was unable to help us. He gave us the corporate exchange 1-800 # and we sat on hold for over an hour twice trying to contact them.

Finally 8 business days later someone from the corporate exchange team called me. We are now going on over a month with a broken tv. She said they will be bringing a new tv to our home, which I have to wait another 4 days until they are available. She then proceeded to try and sell me a warranty on the new tv. The old 5 year warranty that I purchased for $119.99 is not transferrable to the new tv. I told her no thank you that their protection was terrible and not worth the money. Let's hope they show up in 4 days with my new tv and no issues.

1/31/2017. A couple of weeks ago I set an appointment with the Geek Squad to connect some AV equipment. After an hour on the phone I got an appointment the usual 8-12 window with a phone call before arrival. No phone call and no geek squad. I called back at 2 and was told the tech got held up at another job. To compensate me for the wasted time and lack of notice another appointment was set for today and I was told I would be the first stop. I called at 9 since I had received no phone call and was told that someone would call me between 8 and 12. Worst communication and service ever! How do they stay in business?

I am 22 months into my Best Buy Geek Squad service contract on my Samsung S6, and have a broken pin on my charging port. I talked to the in store Samsung rep and he said it was a minor repair. I then talked to the Geek Squad rep about getting it fixed. He told me that the tele would have to be replaced with a $149 copay fee. I have already paid them $175 in monthly fees. So a minor repair that a local repair shop can perform for $40 is going to cost me $324. And it will get replaced with a refurbished phone that might have cosmetic issues.

I have taken very good care of my phone and do not want someone else's used equipment. One of the selling factors that was pushed on this plan was that it would be repaired locally and I would not have to wait for it to be shipped somewhere. If I could give them a "0" rating I would. I am cancelling the last two months on the service plan and will not buy another phone via Best Buy because of the deceptive sale of this contract.

I pay for Geek Squad support. My computer started slowing down so I went online for 24-hour support. They worked until they froze my computer up so I had to call then they worked with me on the computer for two more hours. After their help my computer was froze up, would not respond to anything. Before I called everything worked but was slow because the agent on the phone and online completely froze the computer up. They made me a appointment to take it into a service center the next day at noon. Three days later they called, said my computer was done but the DVD drive wouldn't work and it did before they worked on it. Now they tell me I would have to send it in for $34.95 and pay for any parts that are needed. The amount would be around $200.00 yet it worked before I had Geek Squad work on it, they say there's nothing they can do.

This is the second time this has happened to me. I feel that they're a scam. They get people to buy their support and anytime they help it costs more money. The Best Buy store I took it to and bought it from is in Gresham Oregon. I am a senior and feel not only me but most people are getting taken advantage of for a lot of money. Why if it worked before they worked on it now it doesn't. Should I have to pay and they are trying to sell me a DVD drive external for more money. I read reviews and find a lot of bad reviews. I don't understand why something can't be done. The computer is only two years old and every time I need help they sell, cost more money. I am a senior and have cancer. I buy their plan so I don't have these extra expenses. Can you please help? I have never wrote to consumers before. I am not one to complain but people are being taken for millions of dollars and are being taken advantage of. Can you please help? Thank you.

Bought 60 inch LC-60EQ1OULED SMA Sharp smart TV at Best Buy Brandon, FL on 1/13/15 along with Geek Squad extended warranty and installation by Geek came to $1700 plus. They installed on 1/20/15. On 1/22/17 picture began rolling. Called store, referred to Geek Squad 800 number for TV. Told warranty expired on 1/20/17 and panel was bad and could not be fixed. Complained to Best Buy and just told that because warranty expired (less than 48 hours) they could do nothing. No offer of discount on another TV, nothing. We have bought all our electronics through Best Buy but NEVER AGAIN.

I paid a complete absurd value to install 3 TVs at my home. The store magnolia service was fantastic to help me plan that but when it came to actual installation the technicians came, completed 1 of the 3 TVs, left without completing the service and put in the report that they completed 2 out of 3. After stopping by the store, spending 30m to explain the problem, the service was schedule and my complaint escalated. Ended up that the 2nd tech came, never installed the 2nd TV (still don't know why), nobody called me from customer service. I finally called customer service and after 33m on the phone they told me to return to the store! And wanted to schedule a 3rd visit in 2 weeks. Unbelievable! Summary is - you have to complain every step of the way to get things done and even so, they might not get done! JUST AVOID IT!

Illegally charged for service that I did not agree to. I received a phone call from Geek Squad demanding money for shipping my laptop somewhere (no bill, no explanation or itemization of service) just a mafia type demand for money! I will never shop at Best Buy again for anything!!!

Year ago I brought a 65 LG tv. And a month ago my tv got 2 lines. Called Geek Squad. Within 2 days they came out. Couldn't be fixed. Called the Geek Squad exchange support team. Although they couldn't find my match, returned my money smoothly with the choice of keeping my tv. Very friendly. Lori was great trying to find us a match and explained thoroughly. Thank you Lori.

Worst customer service ever. I purchased an iPhone from Best Buy and was talked into the Geek Squad protection plan. What a joke! When broke my phone and tried to take advantage of the plan, I sent in my old broken phone as asked and was sent back an old "refurbished" iPhone of "similar style" as the plan states. Unfortunately for me, I bought myself a new phone and decided to put the replaced phone away to give to my son as a gift for Christmas. A month later, on Christmas day, we tried to open and activate the phone for the first time. It did not work at all. It would not charge. When I phoned the Geek Squad to inform them that they sent me a defective phone the agent was very rude and told me too bad my warranty was up (less than a month expired). They offered no troubleshooting advice, no apology and no solution just "too bad".

I asked to speak to someone of higher authority (very politely) and the agent took my contact information and told me a supervisor "Darren" would phone me back in 2 business days. Never happened. I will not be purchasing their protection plan again. When I asked the inspection number and agent ID of the individual who tested the phone prior to sending it out to me, the lady offered nothing and stated she doesn't have access to that information and would not provide it for me and then told me I would have to get a lawyer to request it. In other words - not likely tested before being sent out. They sent me a defective replacement and offered nothing to rectify the situation. The agent was rude and not helpful at all and also there was no follow through on the promise that a manager would contact me.

Compare Tech Support Services