Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.23/5
Based on 1,538 ratings submitted in the last year

Geek Squad Reviews

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I received excellent customer service from Geek Squad. I was having trouble getting my iPhone to connect to my PC for picture download. They gave me several tips and then offered for me to bring my equipment in, so that they could troubleshoot the problems I was having. I appreciate the Geek Squad in Garland Texas so much. Everyone was kind and wonderful and it was an extremely busy day.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We purchased a top of the line Sony 4K TV which came with a soundbar approx 2 years ago. The soundbar worked for approx 6 months, and then stopped working and we recently contacted Geek Squad (who initially installed it) in an attempt to rectify the situation. We started by calling 1-800-433-5778 which was a joke - passed from person to person and after 10 minutes on hold, line went dead. We tried to call the (Burlington, Ontario) store but we couldn't get anyone to pick up in 3 separate attempts. Finally, we drove to store and Geek Squad Rep was easy to deal with and booked us a next day appointment for a home visit.

Jason and Andrew showed up on time, were efficient, professional and had the problem corrected within 30 minutes or so - I particularly appreciated their patience and understanding as they took the time to answer any questions I had. Jason and Andrew are GREAT representatives for the Company and I really hope Best Buy can do something tangible and meaningful for them in the way of recognition. Simply put, they are the reason I will most certainly call Geek Squad next time I require audio/visual/computer assistance.

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I took my computer that was knock out due to a lightning strike and to see if it could be fixed but it was fried. What the Geek Squad did do for me is load all my old stuff from my fried computer into a new one I bought there for a good deal I might add. And only charged me $80.00. So with the headache I was looking at without all my info and they got it done in only 2 day. Very impressed. Thank you Geek Squad in Farragut TN for a job well done.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I had bought a Samsung NU8500 65" Curve TV from Best Buy and I went ahead and bought the extended 5 yr. warranty with it for like 300.00 more and after 7 months of having the TV there popped up a red vertical line on the left side of the TV. So I called Geek Squad and they came over to my home and diagnosed it as a bad display and ordered me a new one so I had to wait another week and a half for it to come in.

They then came back and replaced the display and put the TV back together and after getting it back on the TV mount stand of mine they turned it on and no red line and I have my TV back and everything works. I am glad I had them and I had nothing to worry about knowing the Samsung company covered the warranty and I still have my 5 year warranty as well. Thanks! Geek Squad.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Geek Squad is my best technical help on the internet that I can possibly receive for my money's worth. Be sure and call for Geek Squad service rather than going to online chat line. Best Buy Geek Squad even rebuilt a computer for me and described the parts needed and where to get them. I cannot give thanks enough to a great group of techs. They are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Every time they work on my computer, I learn something from that experience. If I could give better than 5 stars, I would. They are awesome and recommend them to work on any computer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

So I had Geek Squad come over to my house this morning to change my lock into a digital one. They weren't able to do it since the new digital lock has a smaller compartment. They suggested me to hire a professional locksmith to do the job. They then reinstalled the original lock back in which they probably messed up because I cannot lock or unlock my door from the outside.... I am now stuck in my own home.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I have multiple Best Buy purchases with the extended Geek Squad warranty, but I’m not leaving a review about appliances. The insane wait time to talk to a human when you actually need help is atrocious and they hang up on you after they ask you to please hold… I was texted from a number I tried to call it, and it’s a SPAM number trying to get me to sign up for a free vacation. Today I was given an 8 hour window for a technician that pulled a no call-no show. I will no longer be shopping at Best Buy, I can go to Home Depot or where ever else. (Most likely cheaper) The aggravation just isn’t worth the cost of admission. Plenty of appliance repair people in my area that I found while waiting...

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I just had to take a few minutes to acknowledge the excellent service I received from Geek Squad. Two of your service reps bent over backwards to accommodate me. Their names are Pete (the tech.) and a young lady named Jordan.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

To begin with I am a 70 year old man with limited computer experience. I was told that for $175 the Geek Squad would visit my home [$50 extra] and set up my computer, fix my router problem and even correct my Netflix account. When a Geek showed up [10 days after making appointment.] I was told that to set up my computer system [which I purchased at Best Buy] it was $50 to set up CPU, another $50 to set up printer, and finally another $50 to transfer data to my new computer. When I protested and said I was told ANY AND ALL services would be completed in the SAME visit, I was told EACH item was a service in itself- and an extra $50 each-setting up my computer was $50 for visit plus $150. Plus, even if I was willing to pay that, the Geek only allotted my visit a certain amount of time, so forget the router problem, etc.

As it turned out, he never tested my printer and left, guess what, it didn't work. I returned to Best Buy and demanded a pro-rata deduction of my $175, one year service and was told GEEK SQUAD DOES NOT ISSUE REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON by the Thousand Oaks Store Manager. HIRE SOMEONE ELSE, there's plenty of people who will do these services at your home with recourse if something doesn't work.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I have been doing business with Best Buy and Geek Squad for a few years, but after this last experience, I have ended my contract with them. A week ago, I had trouble with my printer not printing correctly. I called Geek Squad, only to be told that all of the reps were busy, so I requested a call back. I was told it would be a 45 minute wait. I called again after 45 minutes, and talked to somebody by the name of Wensher. He remotely access my computer and tried to fix my printer, only to make matters worse by making it to where I can’t print at all from my computer! He was going to connect me to another agent, which took about 35 minutes extra!

After the second agent called, I had finally had enough and told him I didn’t need his help anymore. Tired of their incompetence and inefficiencies, I canceled my Geek Squad service and bought a MacBook Air from the Apple Store with AppleCare+. It was well worth the money, even though it was expensive. As for my printer, I called Hewlett-Packard tech-support, and even though it took an hour and a half, they solved my problem and sent me new ink cartridges, since the ones I had were defective. Honestly, I see Best Buy going the way of Circuit City and The Good Guys, not only because their employees are morons, but also because they are losing out to online competitors.

Not sure about Geek Squad?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Tech Support Services for you.

Geek Squad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Run by Best Buy, Geek Squad is probably the best known and most highly regarded computer help service.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

• Best for: Individuals