1.17/5

Looking for a tech support service?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1200 Geek Squad Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My wife was sold an Apple Watch extended warranty plan when the agent clearly stated that accidental damage was covered. Lo and behold, I had to try and use this coverage when my watch fell from my hand and shattered the screen. Of course, when I brought in my watch they told me accidental damage was not covered. I called their Customer Service Line and the agent told me my plan covered accidental damage. Then I went back to explain what I was told and yet again, they refused to cover the damages. I then asked them to review the call on 10/15/2018 since all their calls are recorded and that's when their games began. Plenty of apologies from the well trained staff (my guess somewhere centralized in Latin America) but no actions. Many promises of, "We will call you back" but only 2 agents actually followed up with calls back. I tried to escalate this with case but there was no proof or evidence that this was actually escalated.

7 weeks after my initial contact, I received a call back stating that they will not cover the damage even though their agent provided inaccurate information. They stated they do not stand behind the errors made by their agents. For the record, the agent that sold us this warranty said it was covered. The first agent I spoke to at there call center put me on hold to confirm the warranty coverage so if I do the math that is at least 3 of their agents that they won't stand behind. Please stick to IT support. Your business model of taking advantages of consumers on significant purchases for extended warranties that you don't have any expertise on should be considered illegal.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I noticed on my credit card statement that Geek Squad was automatically charging my credit card without authorization. Customer please be aware. I called and they were not going to remove it saying they had sent an email and since I did not respond they went ahead and charged me. I have no contract with them to allow for this to happen.

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have spent $10,000 for my Home Theatre System and also paid total tech service for Geek Squad. I feel like it was a big mistake of hiring geeks. My system has never worked as it was expected. Lots of problems with installations. Smart remote never worked right. Inspite of purchased total tech support. They will be asking for charges for each visit. One time they told me that low voltage wiring was defective and then I called my low voltage guy who came and showed me the wires cut near the installation site of one of the front speakers.

So I call them back and again when you call them they ask you that they will charge for every visit. Anyway one should not pay for incomplete and defective work. But after several weeks one of the so called Geek came and fixed the speaker wires. He could not fix my subwoofer as per him again there was a problem with wiring of the subwoofer and he didn’t care about offering to install wirelessly as the expensive speaker I purchased from them was capable of wireless connection.

If you are planning to hire theses, so called Geeks please do save your money and hire anyone else. While leaving house he keeps telling me that there I need to replace my receiver, which I purchased for third party. After Geek left home I read the manual of the receiver and I followed instructions step by step and luckily it started working. So the Geek from the local Best Buy was helpless and not just waste of money but also my valuable time. So think 10 times before hiring Geek Squad from Best Buy. There are many other websites and services available for Home theater system installation.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I just tried to replace my warrantied phone with Geek Squad (a Best Buy service division) today and discovered after almost 20 months of coverage at $15.81 per month they wanted to charge my credit card for the full amount of the phone and also have me pay $200 for the replacement refunding it once the broken phone is received by them. This compared to Costco coverage where I also have phones with the same insurance company “Assurant” where I paid less than $100 for the coverage, once, and on a replacement phone claim, I’m asked to pay $89.27 including tax and then I’m sent the phone without a deposit understanding if I don’t return the phone within 15 days, I’ll be charged for the value of the phone.

I have been a very long-term customer of Best Buy and Future Shop before that, and I am disgusted to think that my loyalty is so misplaced. Such an extreme price difference from a corporation with enough buying power to be competitive on warranties, unless they are knowingly gouging their customers. To make it worse when I called and then waited in the queue for customer service for 15 minutes as I began to explained my concern I was hung up on. I encourage everyone to think twice before dealing with this spiteful corporation. Buyer beware, and I am now.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I had a repair warranty on my laptop. I have had nothing but bad experiences with Geek Squad. I have received my computer back several times without them quality checking the exact same thing they claimed to have repaired. Which in turn required me to bring it back and wait a week or two longer each time. I want to talk about my latest repair. It was a rework, supposed to have been expedited etc because it wasn't fixed right the first time. I brought it back to Geek Squad the same day because when I got home, I noticed there was no wifi. Total inconvenience (because they are supposed to check this before you leave BEST BUY), but ok, so now my laptop goes in for a new wifi card.

I get my computer back weeks later, and they freaking ERASED MY HARD DRIVE!! Nowhere on the repair ticket did it state to do that or that they erased my hard drive. Ironic how at the time my computer was in repair they receive my survey for the last repair which didn't check my wifi card. Retaliation??? I think so. The lead supervisor was making derogatory comments about republicans, and it's clear to see, as an investigative journalist, that when you turn on my computer, I have Republican and conservative pictures, memes, stories, articles etc. In the survey I mentioned how Geek Squad "dropped the ball". (While my computer was to get the new wifi card at the time still in repair.)

When I went to pick up my computer and talk to the Lead Supervisor, she had a ball in her hand and kept dropping it and saying, "Oops, my bad." Another employee at the location I went for service had a necklace on with the FBI Symbol for Boy Lover Pedophilia. Google it. I'm starting to believe that Geek Squad hates Republicans! Because of my request demanding to know why one would erase my hard drive without any explanation, without any repair order for that, went I went in for the wifi card to be replaced only which should have been checked the before I was told "It's ready to pick up! ", because of my request, The lead supervisor filed an Escalation to the repair facility to see what happened. I heard nothing back for over 2 weeks on it. Just, "Oh well, we erased your hard drive, have a nice day."

So I called and talked to the Lead supervisor whom said she heard nothing back and did nothing since. They did a level one recovery (which required me to leave my computer there for another week). Another inconvenience, & all the files are corrupt, I got nothing back! NOT OK... I asked her to let me speak to the store manager. I did. I explained the issue. Supposedly they filed another escalation. I've heard nothing back and it's going on two months. No one had a reason to erase my hard drive. I do not recommend GEEK SQUAD! I also went online and emailed Best Buy Corporate Office TWICE on the issue. I asked for someone to please contact me back. NO REPLY. NOTHING. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I called in about 3 weeks ago to report an issue with my Samsung washer which had been generating a very bad odor and mold on the gasket. The guy I spoke over the phone was very helpful and gave me a few pointers to try to minimize the issue plus he told me he would send a technician out to get the gasket repaired. The gasket came in a couple of weeks ago and everything was going great.

The technician showed up this afternoon and right off the bat said he couldn't replace it because mold wasn't covered under the Geek Squad Service Program. It had to be torn in order for him to replace it. I told him that if the mold was getting my clothes dirty I'd consider that a faulty/broken part. I called the service center while the technician was unsuccessfully trying to "clean" the gasket with bleach and a rag. The lady at the call center said "I'm sorry that we made a mistake but we can't fix it". I honestly don't know why I paid extra for something that I can't use. They stole my money! Please people, don't ever pay extra for this Geek Squad service. It's the worst!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

The service is exceptional but the warranty on the device is beyond stupid as the device is still in manufacturer warranty and I have paid $160 for the Geek Squad warranty already and haven't used it, so basically I threw away money for nothing. The battery is the issue and can be replaced for under $100 through a third party or free through manufacturer so why spend double for something I have already overpaid for? To get the phone fixed regardless if it’s a defect or your fault is $200 just to look at it. That's before the renting a replacement phone, if you want the replacement phone you have to pay full price ($900 for the device I have LG G6) then get reimbursed when the claim is resolved. Not everyone has cash like that so the ones who can't are without a phone for up to 2 weeks.

This plan is crazy, it’s made me lose all faith in Geek Squad because I don't like people stealing my money, if it weren't for the great service I would be posting this review on Facebook and my websites to stop people from getting warranties. I have cancelled my Geek Squad warranty and will never get the warranty again. Geek Squad warranty should be instant replacement in store if you’re spending any extra money, or free if you claim it by mail.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

If I could give a zero star review for this company I would. For the second time me and my family have had nothing but issues with them. The first time they canceled my account when my brother tried to cancel his and again for the second time even though my brother made very clear of the previous issue and basically spelled out his name for the company they still canceled and refunded my account and have been charging him for multiple accounts. Their customer support is absolutely horrendous and probably couldn't find their rear end let alone someone's account information. It's unfortunate we have no options when purchasing warranty through Best Buy because Geek Squad should be put down. Side note when doing a clean up on my grandpa's computer they also managed to lose hundreds of hours worth of Word documents. Do not trust these morons with anything.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I've been denied service when I walked in for a drop off repair because I didn't make a reservation. Instead of 2 agents arguing with me, 1 of them could've easily done it in less than 2 minutes...after 3 weeks repair was done and I can't pick it up unless I make a reservation to simply sign a paper, pick it up and be on my way. What a stressful and frustrating way to treat customers...

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

What a clown show. It would tantamount to bringing your injured child to the local video game champ and expecting professional medical care. A simple microphone driver issue inadvertently turned into the blue screen of death within 10 minutes of one of their 16 year old "professionals" monkeying with it. To compound matters, prior to them starting their experiment, they forgot to back up my files on the peripheral drive I gave them. Fool me once...

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought a new laptop at Best Buy. I was already a Geek Squad plan subscriber. The person at Best Buy sold me a new plan, which was the same price as my existing plan, but covered all my equipment in my home (old and new purchases). At that point, she was supposed to cancel my old plan but she didn't. I was charged for 2 plans for 2 months until I contacted Geek Squad and they cancelled the old plan. But they will not reverse the charges in error for the 2 months. They said since the plan is now cancelled, they cannot credit the charges in error. This is stealing. I lost trust in Geek Squad... they are money grabbers. It is their error, and they refuse to correct it. Do no go with them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus from your store on 5th ave last July 2017. I also bought Geek Squad protection for two years. Recently I accidentally drop my phone on the floor and had cause a minor crack and I also have a problem of my charging port. Since I bought two years Geek Squad protection, which stated will cover "A one-time payment option for two years is also available. Geek Squad Protection Plan must be purchased with the product online or in store, or within 15 days by visiting a store. A service fee will be assessed if we determine that we need to replace your device. Drops, Spills and Cracks. We'll replace your device if you accidentally damage it by dropping or spilling on it in the course of normal use.

Battery Replacement. We'll replace the battery if it fails to hold a charge. (There is a one-time limit on nondisposable batteries.) Normal Wear and Tear. We fix failures from dust, internal heat and humidity, plus defects in materials and workmanship. Mechanical Failure. We'll offer continual coverage on defects after the manufacturer's warranty ends. Accessories. We'll cover any of the accessories that came with your original phone purchase, including a home charger, earbuds and more. Transferable. Anyone you give the covered product to will be able to obtain service under the Protection Plan. No additional charges or restrictions apply."

As Geek Squad protection promised above: I went to the store in hoping my phone will be fixed. However, the staff said the department will refuse to fix my phone due to minor crack that I had. Instead the company will ask to replace me a new phone, (brand new) but will charge service fees, which is 199.99 plus taxes (total 217.74 $). I wasn't really want to paid that amount but I did because at least I thought I will get a new phone. The shipping was very fast. I got replacement by the next day. I am very much disappointed to see the phone was refurbished one. Why would I buy Geek Squad protection if even this minor problem cannot be solved as it's promised, I could have bought insurance from Samsung directly or even trade in my phone with third party, I still can get a very good refurbished one.

I am very much disappointed and feel Geek Squad was a scam, cheating peoples. I would like to get my refund for the rest of my protection plan plus refund for the replacement phone they sent me today. I had online chat with Geek Squad agent. He didn't help solve the provide, instead he suggested to go to local store or call their center agent. I am very regret and furious for buying geek squad protection. I want my compensation the year I have paid as well.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Never again will I buy a Geek Squad protection plan. Our 2 yr old washer with a 5 year Geek Squad service plan stopped draining. I made a call and a service tech came out 2 days later. The first thing he asked was, “have you washed any rugs in the machine?” which I answered honestly and told him we have washed small area rugs (the washable kind) - on occasion. The tech just looked in the machine and said he was sorry but washing rugs voids the service plan and that you can’t wash rubber backed rugs.

I was of course surprised and annoyed and said, "I want to see where it says this in writing." The only thing he could show me was that the plan prohibits “abuse of use” and he said washing rugs is “abuse”. The tech was also very defensive when I asked questions about how he knew that since he had not even looked at it, he just said “I don’t have to take this” and started walking out. He spoke over me and would not let me ask any more questions.

It has now been almost two weeks later and after many calls and getting sent around to different call centers I have had no service and not one person has called me back. I do however now have the notes submitted by the tech that came to our house which are full of lies about the visit. He stated I yelled and screamed at him and chased him through the house. He also said we washed dry clean only rugs and the rubber backing separated in the washer, which is totally false. There is no way he could have even assessed that by just opening the washer door. He also said the transmission and drain pump was ruined, which is funny (not really) because it took me about an hour to open up the back, check the pump which had NO rubber backing in it, but did have some sand that was causing the pump to not work correctly.

I only brushed it clean and put it back together and the washer works just fine now. The transmission and the pump were not in fact “ruined”! No one even diagnosed what the problem was, but we were told we had no coverage because we washed a rug (which was by the way, marked as washable and it’s smaller than 2’x3’). So in summary, we will no longer be purchasing Best Buy products with a Geek Squad warranty because:

1. We have experienced terrible customer service, from the service tech who lied about just about everything during his visit to our home – to the so-called managers that shuffled us around on the phone promising to give us top priority and then never calling us back, forcing us to make more calls and spend hours on hold and giving the information over and over again from the beginning each time!

2. The incompetence of the technician to even try to diagnose the problem with the washer. I was able to fix it myself by simply cleaning some sand out of the pump area – the transmission and pump were not ruined as the technician stated. His guess by opening the lid of the washer and taking a 2 second peek inside was completely wrong!

3. The spontaneous invention of events that would void the service plan (washing a rubber backed rug). Everyone washes a small rug once in a while in their washer. Even two of the Geek Squad people we asked said they do that all of the time. If washing a small throw rug is considered “abuse of use” then you’d better state that somewhere and advise at the time of purchase. This really seems like a scam to get out of repairing machines (and in our case, it really wasn’t even the cause of the pump not working).

You really need to get your act together on appliance repair Geek Squad. I’ve talked to other people with similar experiences of terrible customer service on other products. We have spent a lot of money at Best Buy and we will definitely not purchase another appliance there. We will also be thinking twice about electronics as we cannot trust the Geek Squad to honor their service plans.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Long story short... I will never purchase from Best Buy or use Geek Squad again. Since March 2018, I have purchased over $7000.00 at Best Buy for my business and will now be taking this business elsewhere. Purchased an HP laptop from Best Buy. Laptop quit working a couple of months after purchase (black screen). Geek Squad was to fix it and said it would take approximately 1 week.

2 weeks later I stopped by to check on the laptop only to be told it wasn't ready. Over 3 weeks later I finally received a call from Geek Squad to notify me that it was ready and I needed an appointment to pick it up. Told them I would have to call back to schedule the appointment. A couple hours later I received an automated message from Best Buy stating that my product was ready to pick up and didn't need to make an appointment. So I went down a couple days later to pick up the laptop... Only to be treated like complete dirt by the Geek Squad associate because I didn't make an appointment.

After 20 minutes of speaking with the associate (that wasn't busy, no other customers) he finally had me sign a piece of paper and gave me my laptop. He didn't even need to go over anything regarding the laptop. The transaction would have only taken a total of 2.5 minutes if he would have just given me the laptop instead of arguing about making an appointment and coming back later.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have a 2 year old HP Pavilion laptop. The power button intermittently worked so I took it in for a repair from the Ft Myers location. I paid the $84.99 fee. They sent it out the 1st time - the Geek Squad hit the power button 1 time, it turned on, they said nothing was wrong, they sent it back. The local store had me in and could not get the unit to turn on for over an hour. They sent it out again, with a Priority tag. The power button was replaced, it was sent back. The local Ft Myers store again could not get it to turn on for about 30 minutes.

They sent it out a 3rd time. This time they replaced the power button, the hard drive and battery. It was sent back and worked fine - for 3 days. I called again and brought the unit in. The Ft Myers store said they would send it out again or they would give me 20% off a new laptop. I countered with "How about you fix this 2-year-old unit's power on button." They sent it out again. The squad turned it on and off 5 times, said all was OK and sent it back. The Ft Myers store tried to turn it on and nothing.

They offered me 20% off a new unit. I said if I was to purchase a new unit it would be from anywhere but a BestBuy. They also said even though they put in a lot of notes on the problem, usually the remote service locations ignore the notes, do what they think is needed and send the unit back. The local store has no control over the level of service needed. 2 hours of trying and I was able to get the unit to power on, but cannot turn it off and risk it not coming back on again. The Geek Squad does not follow the directions and notes left for them by the sending location - they simply turned it on, did not check it, and sent it back with the problem intact. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BESTBUY IF YOU WANT TO ENSURE THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR SERVICE!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

This was a horrible experience. I only gave them a 1 star because I could not give them a zero! Scheduled appt for 11/05 for TV that has a 5 year service contract. They did not show up and now I have to wait until 11/21. No worries though - they said "I'm sorry" at least 100 times. I do give credit to the store manager - she is trying to resolve the issue. What a mess.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I purchased a new Surface Book and extensive 3-year extended warranty plan through Geek Squad. They had to replace the first charger. A year later, the second charger has melted. When I tried to get a replacement, their response is that once they have replaced the part one time, their policy obligation is met. That is NOT what the plan says. DO NOT waste your money at Best Buy. Buy it somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Customer service is the worst. They do not value your time and keep transferring your calls from one department to another. If I have to stay on a call for 90 minutes just to file a claim, you literally owe me money for wasting my time. This is not the first time. Every time they come up with something or the other to get on your nerves. Please buy any other insurance if you can.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

This morning, I phoned Geek Squad about increasing my desktop memory. They offered to do a tuneup which they did and in the process removed a program with all my passwords in it including passwords to bank etc. They tried to correct it but could only get a portion of the information back. All this took 2 hours. I wanted to receive compensation for this incredible inconvenience, at least a rebate on a couple of month's subscription.

Do you think I could get anyone to deal with this? I contacted billing who transferred me back to technical after saying they were transferring me to customer service. Technical referred me to a number for customer service which ended up being a general number. No customer service option there. I phoned Best Buy customer service who said that they could not help me and I am now on the phone (have been holding for over 1/2 hour). Each of these services has at least a 15 minute wait in line. I have now been dealing with Geek Squad and Best Buy for 4 hours and am nowhere nearer to resolution.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

My mother purchased a laptop and signed a contract with Geek Squad. She was told that she would have 24/7 service. She was so disappointed as when she wanted help set up her printer. They wanted 50.00 plus the 20.00 she already pays a month. She would not have signed the contract knowing that there would of been extra charges. She is 86 years old and thought she was doing the family a favour by not having to bother people with her computer. So disappointed in the company.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I feel like my laptop is being held hostage. I dropped it off for a hinge repair and screen replacement was told 7-10 days. It's now day 30 and counting, "it's still waiting for parts". My service ticket doesn't even work anymore to track the repair. I have called 10 times and am STILL waiting for a call back from the service technician department itself despite 4 escalations tickets, speaking with a manager, the rep at the store and countless service associates. Now I am trying to get it back and I can't even do that until someone from that same department calls me. I could be dead by then. I won't even get into the process to call in a speak with an actual person that alone is 4 prompts deep and you can't get out of it. DO NOT EVER TAKE YOUR COMPUTER TO BEST BUY FOR REPAIRS. You would be better off letting your 14yo fix it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

More than 5 weeks ago I took my $1500.00 laptop that was just a couple of days over the 4 weeks whereby they will replace a defective laptop with a new one. A hinge on my Flagship HP laptop started "catching" on the monitor case and causing it to separate. I took it to my local Best Buy and although I had an appointment, I sat for about an hour before one of the "Agents" told me to come back in a few hours. When I did, they decided to send my computer out for repair. I tracked it about three weeks ago and it said they needed a part, they had the part and were going to assign someone to fix it. I tried to check again for a few weeks and could find no information. I checked again today and it says it is in repair. NEARLY SIX WEEKS LATER!!! They have had possession of my computer longer than I ever did. Keep in mind this issue had nothing to do with any mistreatment, wear and tear or abuse. Just poor engineering.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Took my computer to Best Buy and it should be under warranty, and they said they will send it to the manufacturer, at no charge. They not only didn't do what they say, but also send it to their own repair center and I keep getting call that it will cost 500$ for a computer that it is 600$ new! I said, "No way", they send it back to Best Buy and still charge me 35$ for shipping, something that they shouldn't do. Phone system is the worst.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

After purchasing a Samsung washing machine from Best Buy in Dec 2017, the machine failed in Oct 2018 and started making grinding noises. We thought that the Geek Squad protection would be helpful but it's been nothing but FRUSTRATION. Tried calling multiple times on different days, only to wait on hold for 40+ minutes, and then when we finally got a live person on the phone, they asked for my number then hung up on us. I also tried their online support and after waiting for their reply, they referred me back to the phone number I had previously tried. TERRIBLE customer service. Don't waste your money. Go somewhere else. ANYWHERE else.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

While Geek Squad had my HP laptop, they cracked the bottom and side of the case, right behind the DVD door. The USB port, now is too small and crunched together to use. I did not notice the crack until I got home and tried to use the USB port. The truth is, if Geek Squad had been honest when I picked up the laptop, and admitted it was cracked during the hard drive replacement - This might not be such a scathing review. I will never use Geek Squad again, because of their lack of honesty. I believe they were upset that the replacement of the hard drive was covered under HP, and they weren't going to make a lot of $$ from me. I will never believe the case had to be cracked to replace a hard drive. And naturally - they did try to sell me a "solid state" hard drive when I picked up my laptop. I will be contacting Geek Squad HQ and file a formal complaint. As well, I will never purchase anything from Best Buy again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I bought protection plan and iPhone in 2016 December. My screen broken second time, I filed claim and opted for express option and paid security around 930 CAD. After a week I got my phone, after week means on 7th of day excluding holidays, I filed it on 4th Oct, 2018 Thursday, got it Friday next week 12th Oct. On 13th I opened the box as I was free as backup and then setting up takes time I chose it to do on Saturday.

To my frustration I saw the screen of new device they shipped having like less bright contrasts of colors, even child can notice that the screen was substandard. When I compared it with my broken screen and screen from my friend; he too on one glance told, "From where you bought this fake iPhone." It doesn’t stop here. There was a pixel just glowing over top in middle, swaing pages and on lock screen I could clear see it. I called customer care immediately and she talked nicely and told, "We gonna compensate this situation with some price coupon."

Today, I called them as again. It was taking longer, I opted for express service option for a reason, the first customer representative just left me on hold for 1 hour after saying she gonna transfer me to some senior. After one hour I ended the call and called back. This time I was told it's shipped and I gonna receive it by Friday. I filed this another claim on previous Saturday. They started claim on Monday and I am getting it on 5th day. Creepy service and I am not getting any coupon. They don’t care about what customer feels, this company is leech. Please stay out of it. You pay around device cost in year. Save same money in piggy bank, you gonna cover accidental damage cheaper than them. I guarantee that.

Resolution response: Oct. 15, 2018

Finally got a call back first thing this morning Monday saying they will replace the TV. I was able to go into bestbuy and exchange it for a new one at no hassle.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I'm going to try and be as clear as possible without ranting. Last week my Sharp Roku Smart TV had the display go out on the top half of the TV. I called the Geek Squad repair service since I paid for the two year protection at the time of purchase which was last year, and was given an appointment for that they would come out to my house to look at the tv. During this time the whole screen went out and on the day that they were supposed to come out to my house no one showed up. I got a call at exactly the minute our scheduled appointment was over that they had some car trouble and couldn't make. I'd get a call back later that day when they would show up. I waited and got no callback.

I called Open claims department and they told me they would look into it. According to them parts for the tv had be put on order and that they apologized for not communicating with me. However low and behold someone showed up the next day and took pictures of the tv. They told me someone would call me when they decided on what to do. I waited two days before calling the open claims department again. They told me that a repair estimate was sent to Best Buy for approval and that I would get a call back when that happens.

Here it is Saturday and I got no callback yesterday and when I tried to call Open Claims department I was told that they were closed for the weekend. Freaking unbelievable, it's been a whole week and nothing besides someone coming out and taking pictures has happened. I get no callbacks or email updates. It's as if I've been forgotten as my repair request isn't important enough to do anything about. If it's going to be such a hassle to repair the TV then I'd rather Best Buy would just replace the freaking thing. Yeah, it's great to have the extended warranty in case something happens, but don't expect quality customer service from them when it comes to making good on that warranty. I get 10 times better customer service from my cable provider than I have gotten with Geek Squad and the repair company that's supposed to fix my TV. Again if it's such a hassle to fix then just replace my TV with a new one. It's probably cheaper for them anyway.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We thought that our computer had went bad so my fiance went to Best Buy and purchased a new tower, keyboard, and mouse only. I was not with her and they talked her into paying for the Geek Squad to come out to the house and hook it up. When they came out he said that it was not the computer that was bad but the monitor. Since our computer was old we kept the new one and purchased a new monitor. Which I had hooked up to the old computer before the Geek Squad came to the house. Everything worked fine but we still kept the new computer. When he came to the house to hook up the new computer he did not install the new keyboard, mouse or any of the new wires. He just used the old ones.

A week or so later when I went to use the printer it did not work correctly. It prints out a blank sheet every time before printing what you want. And we have yet to figure out how to print out certain pages without printing the stuff on the sides that you do not want printed. We never had these issues prior to the Geek Squad hooking up part of our new computer. When the guy left the house he gave us his card and said to call him if we had any issues. When I called the store to explain the problems they said that they would come back to the house but we would be charged for it. We have decided to not shop at Best Buy again if that is how they the treat customers like us that spend a great deal of money at their stores.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

They were called due to the range/oven sold by Best Buy (online) turning off. The appliance had very little use. We made an appointment and they came a few days later. They said they fixed the problem, but a few days later the range/oven turned off again. We called and asked for another appointment. The technician assigned with the case called A WEEK LATER (the day of the appointment!) to say that he was not coming, that he was going to order the parts and let us know when he could return. I called him the next day and he said it would take another week for the parts to arrive and for him to be able to return to fix the problem. This has not yet happened. When I asked Geek Squad if this could turn into a back and forth over a month period without range/oven, the operation said "that is correct."

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I've called Geek Squad customer service 3 times over the course of a month. I believe the center is located in Central America, confirmed by one of the representatives as Panama. On all 3 calls I experienced major language communication issues w/ English. All I needed from them was an emailed copy of a $52.99 Geek Squad charge to my credit card for a virus subscription renew. Each time, they confirm the charge is valid. After 3 attempts, still no receipt. Each time, they inform me that a receipt will be emailed in 2-3 days. Each time the date passes by with me calling them back to make sure the email on file is correct. If they're not even capable of forwarding a receipt, makes me question how capable they are in addressing a more serious, complicated CS question. I will be cancelling the anti-virus subscription. Never doing business with them again!

Geek Squad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Run by Best Buy, Geek Squad is probably the best known and most highly regarded computer help service.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

• Best for: Individuals