Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.98/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Geek Squad Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Geek Squad is normally ok but they do bundle and often are in a hurry so for more money. Magnolia can come out and clean up the mess. And if the installation was 20 years ago and even if it was a fire hazard you have to pay more to clean it up. Count your blessings. Your house did not catch on fire with all the extension cords used to connect your tv and stereo.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

NEVER let the Geek Squad send your computer out to get it repaired!!! They shipped mine off on July 24, 2020 and they still haven't fixed it and it is September 09, 2020. When you call the Geek Squad customer service they will tell you that they are waiting on a part. They won't try to contact the repair department and get the repair expedited. This is ridiculous!!! Look for a local computer repair company, never let the Geek Squad fix your computer. They have had mine for almost two months. Here is my order number ** to prove I am not making this up.

Get buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Geek Squad failed to appear at my home today for a scheduled refrigerator repair appointment. The first 800 Geek Squad rep I spoke with said she would check on my appointment and left me on hold for 35 minutes. I called back, and heard the wait time was 7 minutes. 24 minutes later, a rude, ill-trained young man full of piss and vinegar could not understand why I was unhappy. They take our money and then they do jack squat for us. After many tens of thousands of dollars in purchases from Best Buy, I am done.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I requested a phone replacement and I have received 4 defective devices. The last one is scraped and they don't have a complaint department, for every agent there is a new story no one is really committed to find a solution. I wouldn't recommend this insurance to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

My problem not getting speed so I had Geek Squad to check my computer to see what’s wrong with it. And let me tell you as soon as they come in they want to get paid on the spot. Let me tell you they suck. He sat there no more than 5 minutes and told me it was my cable not my computer and left. Mind you I asked to check why I was not getting the speed. Never did. It it’s been over 1 month and I cannot for the life of me get my refund. Spent hours on hold. No one cannot get the right dept. Spent hours talking to different depts. Everyone pointing the finger. It’s not their department. They suck.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

My boyfriend got me a new Chromebook for Christmas and after only a month or two, it started turning off every 5 minutes. It didn’t matter what I was working on. I would be in the middle of typing and it would turn off over and over. And not restart or go to sleep: TURN OFF. Took it to Geek Squad in the Best Buy where the computer was purchased and they looked at it and never fixed it. Found nothing wrong. They told me how to make sure it didn’t go to sleep - but that wasn’t the issue at all. So I have a hardly used useless computer now. It’ll be cheaper to buy a new one than to get it fixed. So disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

My 65 inch TV stopped working after about 18 months. I had the Total Support from Geek Squad. It took a month to fix the issue. Soon after the repair people left, there was another issue. Instead of starting instantly, the TV took about three minutes to start. When I called Geek Squad, the person promised to get the repair people back very quickly. I waited over two weeks and nobody showed on the appointment day. I now have another appointment in two weeks. Supervisors never return calls. I was kept waiting on the phone for a half hour when I called to ask where the repair people were. I finally hung up.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Please, if you read this, never consider using Geek Squad services. It's just a huge waste of time. My laptop got broke when I tried to replace its screen with another one I've seen on a website named **. Eventually, I figured out that it wasn't even a compatible screen, anyways... I went to Best Buy, more precisely Geek Squad, in order to get it fixed. The screen, its hinges and the screen assembly were the only components that were supposed to be fixed, it's written in paper in front of me.

I paid about 550$+. About three weeks later, I get a call from Geek Squad asking if I wanted to fix my keyboard and some extra stuff since there, in fact, a key was missing but it wasn't a big day, an offer to which I clearly answered "no". Then, those brilliant people decided to ship my laptop back to the store, absolutely no fixes, zero, I could see that they've done nothing when one of the employee brought my laptop back, it was in a really bad state. His boss saw it and recalled that they decided to pay for the extra fixes, how smart considering the fact that I clearly said "no". So they shipped my laptop back to Best Buy, 2-3 weeks later I got another call for more useless fixes and an estimate of 800$ because the price "fluctuates" and when I ask them if they at least got something fixed, they answered no.

I was really mad at the time considering the fact that I am a game developer and was suppose to release my game this summer, because I spent more than 100$ for going to the store and then going home because every taxi ride would cost about 20$+ and because at the end of it, I just ended up wasting time and money, school is about to restart and I still have nothing fixed. The level of incompetence I've witnessed is something I couldn't have imagined, nearly two months and they managed to get nothing fixed, truly sad.

At that moment, when I saw how horrible and the waste of my precious time and money, I just decided to cancel everything and to send my laptop to store and they better refund me for the repairs that they haven't done because I'm about to fill some lawsuit for every missing penny. Can't believe that the repairs cost more than the price of the laptop, a laptop that I bought last summer, not even one year, absolutely pathetic. I'm also going to ask for some sort of compensation for Best Buy because of the weeks- months I've lost running around for my laptop like a madman. Might consider buying a fresh new machine.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Do not join Geek Squad tech support services. They will renew your membership without your authorization! They take money out of your bank account without authorization and when you try to call them they put you on hold for hours and no one knows what they are doing when you speak to them. Plus everyone you speak with sounds like they are from overseas. You are not getting help from the United states. They will lie to you and say they sent e-mails to confirm a renewal and when you check there are no e-mails from them. Very fraudulent company. No customer service with no concern for the customer. Honestly feels like spammers. Best Buy should be ashamed Never again!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Beyond frustrated and disappointed with Best Buy Geek Squad Customer Service, Customer Resolution Center and Local White Marsh Best Store. I reported a repair on my my Samsung Hub 2.0 refrigerator to GS over a month ago because I purchased additional warranty for the peace of mind on this expensive purchase. This refrigerator is only 3 years old and I noticed an issue with my ice maker producing less ice and my freezer having frost sheet in the bottom freezer.

I reported the issue to GS and they scheduled a third party service provider to come and troubleshoot the issue. Third party servicer came and advised that need to order additional parts and when parts get delivered, I have to have GS schedule a second service call to install the parts. Same service provider came and installed the parts but original issue became worse where my ice maker completely stopped making any ice and water is dripping inside the refrigerator and my bottom freezer stopped working totally.

Reported the issue to GS again and requested them not to assign my repair to previous service installer but to send some other service provider as previous service provider made my refrigerator issues worse. They scheduled an appointment with a different service provider to come take a look at the refrigerator and that service provider didn't even do anything but just came and cleaned the coils in the back and asked me to shut down the refrigerator for 24 hours and that should SOLVE all of my issues and by turning off the refrigerator for 24 hours, any food inside the refrigerator will not go bad as long as refrigerator stays closed. Of course, that wasn't true and when I turned my refrigerator back up on and opened the door, EVERYTHING inside went bad. Not only that but since then my bottom dip pan is leaking water on the floors.

Reported everything again to Best Buy resolution customer service and they scheduled another service provider who was scheduled to come yesterday (Aug 6th) but never showed up. I went to local best buy store near me to report this and general manager and appliance manager said that I have to call the customer service again and ask them to open an exchange PO first but until that is done, they wouldn't be able to do anything further to help.

I have been on calls with GS customer service customer resolution center asking them that this is going on for so long and I refuse to wait any longer and asked them to issue an exchange PO for the refrigerator as it is at a point where it's damaging my personal property (floors) but none of agents seemed to care and when I finally after being on calls for 2 hours, I got a hold of a supervisor (Kelsey) and explained the issue to her and asked for a exchange, she said nowhere in my service calls to best buy it lists that I ever raised any freezer issue, so she is not going to issue a replacement but schedule another service call which can be for another week or weeks and there is nothing else she can do about it.

I said, "How is it my fault if your customer service reps are not capable to do their job and write the accurate notes?" Of course, without assisting, she hung up the phone on me. I will be raising this to businesses bureau and every other forum and social media I can get my hands on because this is not not acceptable. Today they lost me forever as a customer.

Geek Squad author review by ConsumerAffairs

Run by Best Buy and well-known by consumers everywhere, Geek Squad is one of the most popular computer help services available.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team