Geek Squad

Geek Squad

3.3/5 (649 ratings)

About Geek Squad

Geek Squad Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I sent my phone through Geek Squad to get fixed on December 10th. They told me the repair was only going to take 3-5 days. On the 3rd day I called just to check up on my phone, only to get that it had not been touched, which was fine. I call 3 more times just to get the same exact response. The next time that I called was on the 18th, they proceeded to try and tell me the same thing, but I told them the situation and they told me they had sent it to Apple and maybe Apple could tell me more than what they could. I proceeded to call Apple and sure enough they told me they had fixed my phone and it was on the way back to geek squad, they didn't have any more information, because that was not the service I was using. I am currently calling them everyday, and they still have no idea where my phone is located. Will update this review if I ever receive my phone.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Purchased in-wall home theater system and requested Geek Squad installation. Initial assessment visIt details were not fully shared with the store/team; assessor quit; install crew arrived, did not complete the job - was told they had to leave my house to go to another customer to do work. Took more than a month to return (I asked that they NOT send the same team to finish the job - was ignored and they sent the same crew of unprofessional installers back). When they returned today - I watched as they started and then bailed on the job saying they couldn’t find my pre-installed speaker wires.

The team leader suggested I contact a “professional installation crew that has the proper tools to find wiring”. Silly me, what was I thinking when I thought that the Geek Squad was a professional installation team. I told them to take the equipment I bought back to the store and to get out of my house. I will never use them again and will NOT recommend anyone else use them either. 3 months waiting for incompetence for is ridiculous.

Get buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Back in 2017, I brought in this laptop computer for Geek Squad to fix. Geek Squad charged me $40 to have it sent out of state to their repair facility. A week later, I got the computer back without it getting repaired. You'd think I would get my money back, right. Wrong! That $40 was non-refundable! So, I took it to a local computer repair place and that place got it repaired within a day. Don't go to Geek Squad! They'll rip you off big time!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I filed a claim report DEC 5,2021 and it's JAN 7, 2022. My television stopped working (blue screen). I called Best buy, they directed me to GEEK SQUAD with a failed attempted to fix this problem. I paid $1500 for the tv plus $398 for the amazing warranty if ever my TV needed their services, and now I am after one MONTH waiting for a PART to come in....no repair date, and every time I call they tell me it will come in WEDNESDAY, it's been 4 WEDNESDAYS now!!! This has been the worst experience ever! They told me that it could be up to 90 days that I would have to wait for the PART before they consider it to be replaced...how do other people do without the things they buy and for how long are we suppose to wait for the things we pay extra warranty on to be fixed? Do not ever pay a cent for warranty. It's not worth it and it's not going to help your situation by sitting around and waiting for bad service!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Purchased large TV from Best Buy on 11/2021 for $1294.51. Purchased GEEK Squad, Total Tech contract for the installation and 1 yr. service plan for $100. They set up 4 appts., and cancelled each appt. just days before install. Each appt. cancelled due to out-of-stock. But, was advised each time that equipment was IN STOCK. Now, 01/06/22, received (5th notice) another email of cancellation due to equipment being out-of-stock. I still do NOT have my new TV, refund of $1294.51 to Best Buy, nor the Geek Squad fee of $100.00. Was told by Best Buy Co., they would not refund the Geek Squad $100 charge.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Paid for a service contract for a large TV. Called several times. They answer, take down info and hang up. Had several appointments for the tech to arrive. They do not show and do not call. Customer service does nothing. TV still not working correctly. Best Buy will do nothing to fix the issue. Complete run around. Do not waste your money on the service contracts. They do not stand behind them.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I purchased a product through Best Buy with a 2 year Geek Squad Protection Plan. I returned the product (unopened) and received full refund quickly through Best Buy but Geek Squad refused to reimburse the cost of the protection plan. I tried via phone as well as online chat - both refused. If it had been stated upfront when I purchased the plan that there is no refund, I would not have purchase it.

Resolution response: Dec. 23, 2021

Rewriting a review as they were able to fix the problem on the same date after talking to the manager in charge. Solomon came in to my home and was able to fix everything I needed in the gaming computer. Really appreciated your prompt response.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Appointment confirmed with Geek Squad customer service for 2-6pm and the agent calls me in the morning that they are coming to my home from 12-2pm which I'm not home. Agent Solomon from Orlando Area Geek Squad tells me that I need to reschedule my appt. Poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

One of the worst experiences. Got a LG washing machine and got Geek Squad protection for 4 years. The machine breaks down in 3 months. Part is replaced by the outside company. Machine again breaks down 4 times in the last 2 years. Every time the part is replaced. The 5th time part is replaced, I ask to get the machine replaced. They tell me if the part is available then there is no need to replace the entire machine. So I book the appointment for them to install the broken part.

The Geek squad offshore their servicing to third party service providers and these third party service providers are completely unprofessional. This time I had the worst experience with their servicing. I got the appointment after 2 weeks to replace the part. On the day of appointment no one showed up. At the end of day when I call them to ask why no one showed up. No one takes the responsibility and they move the appointment to one week later. They tell me I booked the appointment for next week. I tell them I did not and I have the text message to prove the appointment was today.

I end up venting to the Customer service lady. She listens and in the end nothing happens. She says, "I am doing my job." I am left frustrated. These people don't take responsibility. You end up wasting your time talking to them and in the end nothing is done to resolve the issue. Never buy the contract with them. You will end up in end less loops and finally end up paying a local technician for repair. GEEK SQUAD is Very poor and Very unprofessional.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

My family and I moved to this State 3 years ago. We were having brand new house built. I decided to go with more of the smart home experience. So I had the Geek Squad come to help me get this setup, and they sold me a home network system that was over 3k dollars. After the install, since the system is very advanced, I paid to be a Total Tech Member. So if I ran into any issues, I would have the support needed since I spent so much to have it done. Well, the system ran some sort of update and then ran into Wifi issues in my house. I contact the Geek Squad and stress the importance of this. My wife works 2 jobs from home, my kids need the wifi so they can do their home work. So the internet working is very important.

After speaking to the Geek Squad support, I am told that they will have a Tech at my house between the hours 12 and 8 pm the next day. I was happy that they were going to assist in such short notice. I leave work early the following day, since my wife has no clue what to say or do. So I wanted to be here between the hours they stated. I waited until 8 pm. When not even getting a Phone Call or an Email regarding the appointment, I call them. They exclaim that the tech tried to call me (No Messages Left) and tried emailing me (Not one email) and that we would have to reschedule nearly a month later. I tried calling them out on these lies and even spoke to a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor that there were no phone calls made or emails made to contact me regarding this appointment. He did not seem to care one bit! So not only do I still have a wifi issue, Instead I lost money by leaving my job early.

I now have paid an outside company to come in to resolve my issue, only to find that the system they sold me is way over advanced and I did not need all the equipment sold to me. Plus it was never setup right from the beginning so it cost me more to undo what they did! Canceled my Total Tech membership and will never use Geek Squad again!!!

Best Buy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Run by Best Buy and well-known by consumers everywhere, Geek Squad is one of the most popular computer help services available.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

Geek Squad Company Information