Geek Squad

Geek Squad

3.6/5 (617 ratings)

About Geek Squad

Geek Squad Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

I bought a TV with protection plan! After 6 months still, I am waiting FOR THE SERVICE! I went to store, I chatted online with them, I called! Nothing happened! I DON'T KNOW WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THESE WEAK SERVICES! I will never try it again!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Called to figure out about my laptop. The technician wanted me drive all around to find a certain card for it. Went through all the trouble and it didn't do me any good. Had to tell him 5 times they don't have it and kept going. Never again with these guys.

Get buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I bought a fridge with the insurance in Best Buy. 3 years later the fridge started to freeze in the inside back. This was creating that the fan was frozen and the ice maker was getting really bad. Since I had 5 years with Samsung they will come and change the parts affected many times. Then my manufacturing warranty expired and the Geek Squad should come to fix it. Well no. Before they come over to my house they tell me how much it will be. They want 500 dollars for them to come and change everything that they don’t even know what it is. This fridge should of be change from the beginning. Please do not buy Samsung appliances, they don’t last. The appliances are the worst.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

My laptop display stopped working when I did a Windows update. External display worked fine. Send to Geek Squad to fix the driver issue. They called me a week later and told me they needed to replace my screen and it will cost $400 plus tax. (round numbers first clue of fraud, not actual work). I needed my laptop so I agreed but demanded I get the broken pieces back that they fixed for verification. They called me back in another week and they wanted to replace my motherboard and my monitor which will be $1400. They had no idea they already called me. I refused and told them to send the machine back. They sent back and Neither display now works. Basically a brick of a computer. Do NOT send your devices to these scammers.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I bought a desktop computer from Best Buy along with the Geek Squad coverage. I had problems setting it up with my printer. Was on the phone with them for 3 days. Each time they told me they had the problem fixed, but when I tried to print, nothing. I finally had to have someone else come in my office to look at it. They had the problem fixed within 30 minutes. I am very disappointed in the Geek Squad.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I bought Geek Squad coverage with my last TV purchased at Bet Buy. When my TV stopped working I attempted to make an appointment with The Geek Squad for in home repair. It took several attempts and three days of effort to get an appointment. Rather than book online their system requires a phone call to make an appointment. I was handed off three times to different individuals. They were wearing me down. Long menus and long hold times. The Geek squad is poorly organized and poorly run.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I've been trying to contact their customer service for 1 month. At the store, they tell me to send an email, then by email, they told me to call their 1800 number, and when I call it says I need to file online. But the online service doesn't work, every time I make a search on my product it doesn't return anything. I have tried calling again and sending emails but I never get to someone and the emails are never replied. I have 1 month left to use my tv warranty, and if I don't hear from Geek Squad before that I'm going to take legal action.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

Robert, my in home Technician, was extremely Professional, Knowledgeable and Friendly. He resolved my issue I was having with my PC Printer in less than a half hour. He made the appointment on time and called a half hour before coming to my home.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I bought a TV from Best Buy, They have charged me $375 plus the material to hook up my new TV and they have sent these two guys by the name of Dennis and Joe from Geek Squad to do the job, first of all, they were very rude and at first, try to come in with their wet shoes like animals and since I have stopped them they came with an excuse to charge me more for the installation!!! I told them NO, and they took my TV away with them without completing the job that they have been paid for!!! I went to best buy at 225 High Tech Rd Unit 3 where I bought the TV and complain about this and they didn't do anything to fix it!!!! Please do not go to this location for any kind of shopping. They are horrible.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Shame on Geek Squad Protection Plan for appliances. Put in a claim for a 4 yr old fridge not working Aug 25, Sept 30 the tech deemed the fridge not repairable. LG sent the exchange approval to Geek Squad Oct 5 and here I sit without a fridge...2 weeks. I think this is disgusting and could be handled so much better.

Best Buy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Run by Best Buy and well-known by consumers everywhere, Geek Squad is one of the most popular computer help services available.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

Geek Squad Company Information