Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.19/5
Based on 1,536 ratings submitted in the last year

Geek Squad Reviews

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I just had to take a few minutes to acknowledge the excellent service I received from Geek Squad. Two of your service reps bent over backwards to accommodate me. Their names are Pete (the tech.) and a young lady named Jordan.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I received excellent customer service from Geek Squad. I was having trouble getting my iPhone to connect to my PC for picture download. They gave me several tips and then offered for me to bring my equipment in, so that they could troubleshoot the problems I was having. I appreciate the Geek Squad in Garland Texas so much. Everyone was kind and wonderful and it was an extremely busy day.

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We purchased a top of the line Sony 4K TV which came with a soundbar approx 2 years ago. The soundbar worked for approx 6 months, and then stopped working and we recently contacted Geek Squad (who initially installed it) in an attempt to rectify the situation. We started by calling 1-800-433-5778 which was a joke - passed from person to person and after 10 minutes on hold, line went dead. We tried to call the (Burlington, Ontario) store but we couldn't get anyone to pick up in 3 separate attempts. Finally, we drove to store and Geek Squad Rep was easy to deal with and booked us a next day appointment for a home visit.

Jason and Andrew showed up on time, were efficient, professional and had the problem corrected within 30 minutes or so - I particularly appreciated their patience and understanding as they took the time to answer any questions I had. Jason and Andrew are GREAT representatives for the Company and I really hope Best Buy can do something tangible and meaningful for them in the way of recognition. Simply put, they are the reason I will most certainly call Geek Squad next time I require audio/visual/computer assistance.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I took my computer that was knock out due to a lightning strike and to see if it could be fixed but it was fried. What the Geek Squad did do for me is load all my old stuff from my fried computer into a new one I bought there for a good deal I might add. And only charged me $80.00. So with the headache I was looking at without all my info and they got it done in only 2 day. Very impressed. Thank you Geek Squad in Farragut TN for a job well done.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I had bought a Samsung NU8500 65" Curve TV from Best Buy and I went ahead and bought the extended 5 yr. warranty with it for like 300.00 more and after 7 months of having the TV there popped up a red vertical line on the left side of the TV. So I called Geek Squad and they came over to my home and diagnosed it as a bad display and ordered me a new one so I had to wait another week and a half for it to come in.

They then came back and replaced the display and put the TV back together and after getting it back on the TV mount stand of mine they turned it on and no red line and I have my TV back and everything works. I am glad I had them and I had nothing to worry about knowing the Samsung company covered the warranty and I still have my 5 year warranty as well. Thanks! Geek Squad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: March 31, 2020

Bought a Surface Pro and accident plan. The surface Won’t charge. Tried to call Geek Squad. Said they can’t touch it because it might have Coronavirus now. Can’t replace it, return it, open a ticket or let anyone else look at it to void their warranty. They will fix it when they feel it is safe again. No offer to refund money, extend warranty plan to make up for time, no offer to refund warranty. My business was running off that Surface Pro and I am in an essential company. I was told by geek squad to buy a new surface and wait to repair that one later. I asked what to do with the surface I bought when he repaired the original. His response was, "Maybe you need 2?" When I said I couldn't believe they wouldn’t stand by their own replacement plan he said “maybe you shouldn’t shop at Best Buy anymore.” Well said Geek Squad Senior Store Supervisor in Sioux Falls South Dakota. I won’t be.

Original review: March 22, 2020

It had all started when i purchased a Macbook Air, the Best Buy worker asked me if i wanted to sign up for Geek Squad membership and I had said no thank you. He did not take no for an answer and went to get his MANAGER to influence my decision. They had kept asking me why I did not want to sign up pushed it on me till I felt super uncomfortable. The only reason I ended up signing up is because they gave me a discount on my macbook and they did not take no for an answer. Before signing the contract I have been clearly told that everything from physical to internal damages get 100% covered for me and that my monthly fee covers it all. I double checked and confirmed this with another best buy location too and they had told me it is true.

Few months later I had a minor manufacturing issue with my macbook air, my internet would keep disconnecting for no reason and I had to fix it. I went to best buy and the geek squad member had told me I had to pay over $100 because the plan I had did not cover my issue.... Are you kidding me? I have been told when I signed up as a member that it would... I left with no help provided for me.

Few weeks later, my laptop developed another minor issue and was not updating software automatically even though I set it up to do so. I went to best buy, again, hoping they could help me with this and the worker had told me that it would be $100 AGAIN because my membership does not cover this issue. I was absolutely furious at this point because I had been misleaded and lied to when I signed up. This contract benefited the geek squad company more than it did for me. I left best buy AGAIN, with no help provided.

I called Geek squad helpline to see if they could help with my laptop issues, the lady said she will transfer me to the correct department. I was put on hold for 30 minutes and finally somebody picked up, I told her my issue and she said that I have been transferred to the WRONG line. I got transferred over AGAIN and I was put on hold for another 2.5 HOURS. I was absolutely frustrated and done with this company, A total of 3 HOURS of my day was wasted being on hold. I had to hang up because 3 hours was a ridiculous amount of time to wait for such a minor issue and the hold music was driving me crazy. These people were so unprofessional and blindly transferring me to the wrong lines back to back. After being on hold for over 3 hours, I ended up with no help, again.

I have proof from my telephone provider and a call history screenshot of being on hold with geek squad line for 3 hours for absolutely NO REASON. When I called back the general line, I asked to talk to the manager, he said that it's not possible that I have been waiting for 3 hours because the wait time should have been maximum 15 MINUTES. what the heck have I been waiting 3 hours for then?  The manager had also said he cannot help me and there is nothing he could do in form of repairs or compensation. He told me that I should go back in person for the help I need and to talk to the best buy manager. after this call with manager, still ended up with no help given.

In conclusion, I am a full-time student with no income and I have been a geek squad member for over a year. I have done my part for this geek squad contract by paying the monthly fees totalling over $300 till now. This company is bouncing me back and fourth and has been misleading me since day one. Want my voice heard, I will be using every form of social media I have to get my message across. I have been manipulated, lied to, and deceived by this company. This company has left the worst taste in my mouth and I cannot express my disappointment and frustration, I dont recommend this company to anybody.

Original review: March 21, 2020

After spending an extra $350 for a Harmony Elite remote to handle our new HD TV and other equipment/services we have had nothing but trouble. The Harmony does not function through a wooden cabinet door despite having an RF capability and assurances from Geek Squad that it would. Integrated A/V and TV or DVD often boots up with no audio. Have replaced one Harmony remote with no improvement. Stick with using as many individual remotes as necessary to handle your system. Geek Squad disconnected home alarm system during installation resulting in service call. Squad leader jokingly advised not using Harmony with expectation of function for components within a cabinet after he advised buying the more expensive Harmony. Junking the entire setup and returning to use of individual system components.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Purchased a warranty with the Geek Squad. Before purchasing the warranty I was fully informed that I would be covered 100%! Called them cause my screen cracked. Geek squad Staff told me that they can send me a box to put my phone in so I can ship it to them. Geek squad staff also told me that I would have to pay a $200 nonrefundable fee. So I’ve been paying them $30 a month for nothing? I’ve given them in total of $400 in total and still want me to pay $200 service fee? This is ridiculous!!! Please people do yourself a favour and NOT PURCHASE THE WARRANTY!! It’s a scam basically..

Original review: March 20, 2020

I took out the Geek Squad insurance on computers and electronics. My husband made an appointment and took our computer and printer in because we couldn't get them to work together (by usb). They fixed it supposedly. Since I am handicapped and ill I didn't try it right away. Today I needed to print and sign and send back an important medical document. The printer wouldn't print out the PDF file (which was one of the problems we particularly mentioned.) It wouldn't work.

I called and left my callback number since the wait was around 50 minutes. They called back. An agent spent a half hour or so connected to my computer doing things I had already tried. At least he was polite. Finally he said he would have to send me to another agent. He took time to talk to the place (in another state I think) and report all he had done and set it up so they would call me back so I wouldn't have to sit at my computer which is difficult because of my handicap. He said they would call in 20 minutes. I wasn't surprised not to get the call for the first hour since wait times were so long. But no one ever called. I will never deal with the Geek Squad again but find a reputable local computer repairman. The Geek Squad doesn't deserve the star I had to give them!

Geek Squad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Run by Best Buy, Geek Squad is probably the best known and most highly regarded computer help service.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

• Best for: Individuals