1.12/5

Looking for a tech support service?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1219 Geek Squad Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I bought my 65 inch Sony tv from Best Buy in West Monroe, Louisiana and added 5 year Geek Squad protection plan. One year and 2 months later my TV went out. Called Geek Squad number today 1/19/2019 and waited on assistant several different times for brief holds. He said earliest they could work on my tv was Feb 5th. He was sending an email with SMA order number and certificate in an email to me. Nothing was ever sent. I am now going to contact Best Buy and inform them of just how pitiful Geek Squad protection plan is and demand my reimbursement for paying it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Paid for a virus one time fix. 3.5 hours later, my files deleted for work software, my virus protect gone, personal files gone. Called customer service. They said they never worked on my computer even though I had bill for 166.00 and screenshots of work while they were on my computer. I got hacked and robbed!

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have a laptop I love, the battery stopped reading my charger after a year and a half so I sent it in, they returned with new charger and new connector port. Still --still not charging after one use even with new cord and port, sent back they sent it back with another a new cord...but fixed nothing writing that it needed a new cord. That was not the detailed issue on the slip sent with it so I will use it till it dies again and take it back for a third time. I had even left the barcodes on the computer so they could look up the old ticket.

They think I am inept enough to not realize a new cord might have fixed it and bought a new cord and returned it after it didn't solve the problem the first time?? They have had my computer a total of three weeks and I feel like it was a joke and I am sure I will probably be sending it back again soon because that is my option. I paid to have things fixed/covered and I feel like they don't take their job seriously and want to make certain the problem is fixed. I would not buy a protection plan again...not sure it was worth the money at all for the number of times I have had to go back and the sheer frustration.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Words can not describe how aggravated I am with the Geek Squad protection plan. To start it off first our Two year old Samsung washer breaks on November 26, 2018. I was little upset about it but I paid for the protection plan so I wasn’t worried. So I called Best Buy and they said they were going to send someone out. So the man comes out and he doesn’t even know how to fix the washer so at this point I’m back at square one so I call Best Buy. Kindly told them the issue I had with the repair guy and they said they would schedule someone else to come out but little did I know they scheduled the same man to come and he canceled because what was the point but what put the icing on the cake is no one ever contacted me to tell me he had canceled.

So At this point I am furious because I specifically asked the Geek Squad agent, "Would it be a different repair person?" and he of course said yes it would. Well apparently not. So I am on the phone with Best Buy and they tell me that they will have to find another third part person to fix my washer and it will take about a week to find one so at this point I'm going ok three weeks without my washer. So finally they send someone out. He came. Order the parts but he said he couldn’t come back to fix the washer til the New Year so he schedule me for today January 8th. So to fast forward to today he gets here. Starts to fix the washer and now he tells me he has ordered the wrong part and won’t be able to come back til January 24th so I have been without a washing machine for 7 weeks.

On the day he came back to fix the washer and now because you ordered the wrong parts I have to wait another two weeks. At this point I will be going 9 weeks without my washer. Sorry for the long paragraphs but I paid almost two hundred dollars for this protection plan so for me to be going on nine weeks without a washer it is ridiculous!!! With that being said I will never purchase “anything!!!” from Best Buy again and if I do I won’t be buying the Geek Squad protection. I recommend anyone who is looking to purchase it to stay. It's a waste of money. Just buy the protection plan directly from the manufacturer.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Purchased a Macbook from Best Buy. Salesman pitched the AppleCare+ to take care of any accidents. My son spilled some water on the key board and I could no longer log in to the computer. Made an appt. with Geek Squad and they sent the computer out for repair. Received a call that I needed to pay $299 (on top of the $250 I paid for the AppleCare) for them to “continue with the servicing of the computer”. Received a call a few weeks later asking for...Get this, $1499 to complete the repairs. So in all for the $799 Macbook I purchased, these thieves took $500 more and wanted another $1499 to fix it. GFY Best Buy. And anyone who purchases the Geek Squad coverage, sorry you had to waste your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased a new computer from Best Buy and then purchased the Geek Squad yearly package to take care of my computer and other technology. I paid to have them come out and set up my new computer and transfer my data from my old computer to my new computer. When they completed their work and left I started working and noticed that my contacts were missing. Then I have several email accounts and all but one of the accounts disappeared. They came back out and the technician said that there must be a corrupt file and needs to go to their store for repair. Off it goes and after several days I called to see the status of the repair. I would be on hold through Best Buy waiting for someone from Geek Squad to answer the phone.

After 20 minutes the call was disconnected. They do not answer their phone! I then drove 20 miles to check on the computer and when I got there they said they were still working on it. I waited several more days and then had to drive back up there because again, they would not answer the phone. I then sat on the stool at the store for 6 hours waiting for them to fix my computer. Finally, I get it back bring it home and hook it all up. Everything is fine except one of my email accounts and contacts. I called the phone number for their remote service. They worked on my computer for 4 hours and made it worse instead of solving the small problem. I gave up and asked for a refund of my annual payment.

Well, it was the 31st day so I missed the 30 day window for a refund so they said I had to talk with the store. I have stopped by the store and the manager has not been there to help me. I have sent two letters and they have not called me to even discuss the issue. I have hired another company who came out and resolved all of my issues in a couple of hours and I paid them $340 for their work. It has been over two months now and I have not heard one word from anyone at Geek Squad. Please do not trust this company with your computer... This is the worst business experience I have ever had. If I could give it less than 1 star I would...

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I got an quote for home theater work to be done in my house. The quote included "double charges" on work to be done. They could not give me an intelligent, articulate explanation. Instead the guy who came out was shifty, shady, deceptive and downright dishonest regarding an explanation. In other words, Geek Squad are scammers! Please be careful! Thank God I did not fall for this kind of deceptive, dishonest quote for work. I found another home-theater installer able to do the job 39% cheaper! A savings of hundreds of dollars for me. Please be careful. Do NOT use Geek Squad! Go with someone honest.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

First not sure how quality Lenovos are for the money you spend. My husband gave me the Yoga i7 just last year for Christmas. Just three weeks ago it started overheating and would not always wake up when the computer would open or keys were touched. So I would have to manually power down. He purchased the 5 yr extended warranty being told, if "their" Geek Squad could not fix the problem then Best Buy would replace it.

Of course took it in today. I was lucky enough that the computer did exactly what I explained, hot and wouldn't wake up. Tech grabbed the computer. Proceeded to tell me it was going to be $200 and 2 weeks. I said, "Wait a minute, I have an extended warranty", in which he would have known if he took the time to ask me my name and look at my account. He then still continued to try and take the computer and tell me it would take 2 weeks. I tried to ask about the "we can't fix we replace" warranty, and he just said that it was their policy to send them out.

Called Geek Squad corporate, they agreed they should have replaced it if they couldn't fix it. He made notes, gave me a confirmation and said I could go back up and get it replaced. I asked if I made another trip that I would leave with it fixed or replaced and he confirmed, yes. Went back up. Spoke with a different tech. He too tried to tell me they were going to ship it out and that is according to warranty.

I explained to him I spoke with an CS at Geek Squad and to look at the notes that he made. He continued to tell me that is not their policy before even looking at the notes. I asked him to just read the notes that Roberto wrote. All of a sudden he "read" the notes, and said "Yeah I see them, so your warranty is we have to ship it to Arkansas to have it fixed, if they can't you will get a replacement". I said that is not what Roberto said and asked what the notes indicated. He the proceeded to tell me he accidentally deleted them and could not retrieve them.

WHAT THE HECK!!! I said, "Fine. I will call corp again". Called while I was standing right there, and got a very rude CS who told me they ship it and that is their policy. Got to my car ticked off, called Geek Squad CS again and spoke with a (supposedly) supervisor. He apologized that Roberto told me to go back and he told me the same crap. However, found out that if they can't fix it they give you a "voucher" for the value of your computer. First, he said it was based on the value of what the computer is currently, then said it was for what the value of what I purchased it for.

In my opinion I feel Geek Squad is a scam that their job is to mainly sell these warranties more than fixing the items themselves. I told all 5 people today at Geek Squad that they are selling these warranties and not telling customers the full story and need to stop misleading people. $1500 computer within a year should have been fixed today or replaced! SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. I wish someone would look into their whole business after reading so many complaints that are very similar.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Had issue with tablet purchased few months before. Geek Squad would not send it to their repair facility. Said I have to send it to the manufacturer at my own expense. Geek Squad was not able to do a thing to resolve my issue! Also you have to make an appointment just to talk to them! Geek Squad does not take "walk-ins!" Do not waste your time with them!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I called to make an appointment for in home appliance repair. It would take 5 days to someone to come out. Then the day before the appointment, they changed the time. The original time was for 8 a.m. to 12 p.m, and they modified it to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. I was then told it would be 2-3 days before I would be contacted for a reschedule. After two days of waiting with no phone call, I called for another appointment. Now, I have to wait 5 more days for another appointment! When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told that was not possible because the repair is done through a service company. If this is what the Geek Squad calls good customer service, I would hate to see bad service!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I ordered appliances from Best Buy in Savannah, delivered by the Geek Squad. The first delivery had the over the range microwave come in white instead of the black stainless color it was supposed to be. The dishwasher had a crease at the bottom. Being I am disabled, I had to hire someone to do the install for me. Being I only have a fan above my range now. I had to order another shorter cabinet so microwave could be installed. I am being charged a trip charge by my installer who can't get out here until after the first of the year. After being hung up on numerous times today. The Geek Squad will send me a $50 dollar gift card. I was told after at least 3 hours of trying to resolve the issue, that it wasn't their problem. DON'T EVER HAVE THE GEEK SQUAD MAKE A DELIVERY FOR YOU. TOTALLY A WASTE OF TIME.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I went in Saturday for an appointment to get my iPhone screen fixed on my phone. The guy looks at my phone and tells me I have water damage. I told him I did not have water damage, I only broke my screen. He insisted I had water damage and another guy came out to tell me my phone had water damage. I told him the same, it did not have water damage. He had me sign a waiver stating that my phone could be ruined if it had water damage, but I was sure it didn't. Another guy came out and finished the transaction by charging me $149. I was told it would be ready within an hour and half. I walked around for 5 minutes and went back to retrieve my phone.

Something told me they were not being honest. I got a refund and took my phone to the iPhone store in Manhattan Beach. I spoke to the manager Jason, who explained that my phone could have water damage. Celeste assisted me in the repair and opened my SIM card to show me what to look for if my phone had water damage. She showed me a white dot which meant there was no water damage to my phone. She explained if it were red, that meant damage, but mine was white.

So please beware of the Geek Squad in El Segundo. They don't know what they're talking about and they probably were going to try and scam me out of more money, claiming I had water damage, when I did not. Go to the Apple store because they charge the same $149 and they are very professional. It only took them 1 hour to repair my phone.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Do not use Geek Squad!!! I sent my phone to them after I dropped it and they kept sending me refurbished phones back, with something clearly wrong with them. After I had to send the second phone back they wanted me to send it first, without a replacement phone so I would be unable to attend to my business or reach my children for days on end. I had to pay them 200 each time (on top of the monthly payment) and still do not have a phone that works. Best Buy should be ashamed to promote them.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Buyer beware. Called the Geek Squad customer service line - lol! - 1-800-433-5778 to cancel a $33 per month protection plan. The agent who answered when I asked her if she was located in Ancaster ON - the Best Buy store in the Meadowlands that never answers their phone. Miss Angie told me yes she was in Ancaster. When I asked to cancel this plan because it costs too much, she said, "Oh one minute, the fine print says if you cancel we charge you $150 for cancelling." I said, "** - you have to be kidding." She said, "No that is what the fine print says." She said, "You have read the fine print when you signed those legal papers." I said, "You mean it is legal for Best Buy to charge you for no longer wanting their protection plan that costs almost $400 per year." She said yes.

I told her that I was coming to visit her at the Ancaster Store to discuss this and she said she was not there. So I asked where then. Well she says, "We are somewhere in Canada." I ask, "In Ontario?" She replies: "No in Canada." I say, "What province?" She says "we are not allowed to share that information with customers." SCAMMERS! Complaint being forwarded to Ombudsman, BBB, and Consumer Protection Canada.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Do not use this service unless you enjoy being misled and ignored. The website does not have any places to review their lousy service and you cannot speak to a tech when you call or a person in the store to see why your computer promised to you in two to three hours is now still in ck in at closing time. No accountability from Geek Squad to let the customer what is going on and why the deadline is missed. Very disappointed and this has ruined my relationship with this company. I can buy electronics cheaper anywhere with this same shoddy level of customer care.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I had a problem with my computer not turning on at all. I brought it into Geek Squad to see what the problem was. The technician plugged it in and said the motherboard had crashed. I was in tears. Well, a few days later we plugged in the computer and it is working just fine. Do not trust them. They do not know what they are talking about!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I don't even know where to start. Bought a laptop and their protection IN THE CONTRACT stated they would repair the laptop. Been paying 13$ monthly for 3 years and when to make a claim about the screen and they wouldn't replace it. With all that wasted money I could have actually bought a new one. I got a cell phone protection plan because I got a 1200$ phone so figured paying 200$ to fix it was better then 600$. Was going to cancel it if I didn't need it after a while. Well turns out I needed it within a month of buying the phone.

I went into the store and they told me everything had to be done over the phone. So I called. (At this point I have called so many times and not once have I received an English representative). So I made the claim, they told me 7-10 business days. Instead it has now been over a month and I still have no phone returned. They also double charged me and it had been hell trying to get my money back. Do yourself a favour and stay far away from this place.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Please stay away from their protection plans. My wife have been paying 14 dollars per month for 3 years as a protection plan for iPhone6. Actually it was our fault that we signed up for long time ago and never tracked our credit card bills and could not cancel it. Recently her phone got damaged and we called them to make a claim. We were told because it was a damage, we had to pay 200 plus tax as fees to get a refurbished phone!!! I could get a refurbished iPhone 6 less than 200 dollars. This is not worth it and a big scam!! Screw Best Buy and Geek Squad for scamming people.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Bait and switch pricing for Flat Screen TV wall mount - Over the phone a price was quoted as $200.00. When my elderly mother went to purchase the TV and installation, the salesman quoted a price of $300. When I complained to the Geek Squad manager he told me the price would be $350.00. The man was very rude. Never will use them again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My wife was sold an Apple Watch extended warranty plan when the agent clearly stated that accidental damage was covered. Lo and behold, I had to try and use this coverage when my watch fell from my hand and shattered the screen. Of course, when I brought in my watch they told me accidental damage was not covered. I called their Customer Service Line and the agent told me my plan covered accidental damage. Then I went back to explain what I was told and yet again, they refused to cover the damages. I then asked them to review the call on 10/15/2018 since all their calls are recorded and that's when their games began. Plenty of apologies from the well trained staff (my guess somewhere centralized in Latin America) but no actions. Many promises of, "We will call you back" but only 2 agents actually followed up with calls back. I tried to escalate this with case but there was no proof or evidence that this was actually escalated.

7 weeks after my initial contact, I received a call back stating that they will not cover the damage even though their agent provided inaccurate information. They stated they do not stand behind the errors made by their agents. For the record, the agent that sold us this warranty said it was covered. The first agent I spoke to at there call center put me on hold to confirm the warranty coverage so if I do the math that is at least 3 of their agents that they won't stand behind. Please stick to IT support. Your business model of taking advantages of consumers on significant purchases for extended warranties that you don't have any expertise on should be considered illegal.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I noticed on my credit card statement that Geek Squad was automatically charging my credit card without authorization. Customer please be aware. I called and they were not going to remove it saying they had sent an email and since I did not respond they went ahead and charged me. I have no contract with them to allow for this to happen.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have spent $10,000 for my Home Theatre System and also paid total tech service for Geek Squad. I feel like it was a big mistake of hiring geeks. My system has never worked as it was expected. Lots of problems with installations. Smart remote never worked right. Inspite of purchased total tech support. They will be asking for charges for each visit. One time they told me that low voltage wiring was defective and then I called my low voltage guy who came and showed me the wires cut near the installation site of one of the front speakers.

So I call them back and again when you call them they ask you that they will charge for every visit. Anyway one should not pay for incomplete and defective work. But after several weeks one of the so called Geek came and fixed the speaker wires. He could not fix my subwoofer as per him again there was a problem with wiring of the subwoofer and he didn’t care about offering to install wirelessly as the expensive speaker I purchased from them was capable of wireless connection.

If you are planning to hire theses, so called Geeks please do save your money and hire anyone else. While leaving house he keeps telling me that there I need to replace my receiver, which I purchased for third party. After Geek left home I read the manual of the receiver and I followed instructions step by step and luckily it started working. So the Geek from the local Best Buy was helpless and not just waste of money but also my valuable time. So think 10 times before hiring Geek Squad from Best Buy. There are many other websites and services available for Home theater system installation.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I just tried to replace my warrantied phone with Geek Squad (a Best Buy service division) today and discovered after almost 20 months of coverage at $15.81 per month they wanted to charge my credit card for the full amount of the phone and also have me pay $200 for the replacement refunding it once the broken phone is received by them. This compared to Costco coverage where I also have phones with the same insurance company “Assurant” where I paid less than $100 for the coverage, once, and on a replacement phone claim, I’m asked to pay $89.27 including tax and then I’m sent the phone without a deposit understanding if I don’t return the phone within 15 days, I’ll be charged for the value of the phone.

I have been a very long-term customer of Best Buy and Future Shop before that, and I am disgusted to think that my loyalty is so misplaced. Such an extreme price difference from a corporation with enough buying power to be competitive on warranties, unless they are knowingly gouging their customers. To make it worse when I called and then waited in the queue for customer service for 15 minutes as I began to explained my concern I was hung up on. I encourage everyone to think twice before dealing with this spiteful corporation. Buyer beware, and I am now.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I had a repair warranty on my laptop. I have had nothing but bad experiences with Geek Squad. I have received my computer back several times without them quality checking the exact same thing they claimed to have repaired. Which in turn required me to bring it back and wait a week or two longer each time. I want to talk about my latest repair. It was a rework, supposed to have been expedited etc because it wasn't fixed right the first time. I brought it back to Geek Squad the same day because when I got home, I noticed there was no wifi. Total inconvenience (because they are supposed to check this before you leave BEST BUY), but ok, so now my laptop goes in for a new wifi card.

I get my computer back weeks later, and they freaking ERASED MY HARD DRIVE!! Nowhere on the repair ticket did it state to do that or that they erased my hard drive. Ironic how at the time my computer was in repair they receive my survey for the last repair which didn't check my wifi card. Retaliation??? I think so. The lead supervisor was making derogatory comments about republicans, and it's clear to see, as an investigative journalist, that when you turn on my computer, I have Republican and conservative pictures, memes, stories, articles etc. In the survey I mentioned how Geek Squad "dropped the ball". (While my computer was to get the new wifi card at the time still in repair.)

When I went to pick up my computer and talk to the Lead Supervisor, she had a ball in her hand and kept dropping it and saying, "Oops, my bad." Another employee at the location I went for service had a necklace on with the FBI Symbol for Boy Lover Pedophilia. Google it. I'm starting to believe that Geek Squad hates Republicans! Because of my request demanding to know why one would erase my hard drive without any explanation, without any repair order for that, went I went in for the wifi card to be replaced only which should have been checked the before I was told "It's ready to pick up! ", because of my request, The lead supervisor filed an Escalation to the repair facility to see what happened. I heard nothing back for over 2 weeks on it. Just, "Oh well, we erased your hard drive, have a nice day."

So I called and talked to the Lead supervisor whom said she heard nothing back and did nothing since. They did a level one recovery (which required me to leave my computer there for another week). Another inconvenience, & all the files are corrupt, I got nothing back! NOT OK... I asked her to let me speak to the store manager. I did. I explained the issue. Supposedly they filed another escalation. I've heard nothing back and it's going on two months. No one had a reason to erase my hard drive. I do not recommend GEEK SQUAD! I also went online and emailed Best Buy Corporate Office TWICE on the issue. I asked for someone to please contact me back. NO REPLY. NOTHING. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I called in about 3 weeks ago to report an issue with my Samsung washer which had been generating a very bad odor and mold on the gasket. The guy I spoke over the phone was very helpful and gave me a few pointers to try to minimize the issue plus he told me he would send a technician out to get the gasket repaired. The gasket came in a couple of weeks ago and everything was going great.

The technician showed up this afternoon and right off the bat said he couldn't replace it because mold wasn't covered under the Geek Squad Service Program. It had to be torn in order for him to replace it. I told him that if the mold was getting my clothes dirty I'd consider that a faulty/broken part. I called the service center while the technician was unsuccessfully trying to "clean" the gasket with bleach and a rag. The lady at the call center said "I'm sorry that we made a mistake but we can't fix it". I honestly don't know why I paid extra for something that I can't use. They stole my money! Please people, don't ever pay extra for this Geek Squad service. It's the worst!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

The service is exceptional but the warranty on the device is beyond stupid as the device is still in manufacturer warranty and I have paid $160 for the Geek Squad warranty already and haven't used it, so basically I threw away money for nothing. The battery is the issue and can be replaced for under $100 through a third party or free through manufacturer so why spend double for something I have already overpaid for? To get the phone fixed regardless if it’s a defect or your fault is $200 just to look at it. That's before the renting a replacement phone, if you want the replacement phone you have to pay full price ($900 for the device I have LG G6) then get reimbursed when the claim is resolved. Not everyone has cash like that so the ones who can't are without a phone for up to 2 weeks.

This plan is crazy, it’s made me lose all faith in Geek Squad because I don't like people stealing my money, if it weren't for the great service I would be posting this review on Facebook and my websites to stop people from getting warranties. I have cancelled my Geek Squad warranty and will never get the warranty again. Geek Squad warranty should be instant replacement in store if you’re spending any extra money, or free if you claim it by mail.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

If I could give a zero star review for this company I would. For the second time me and my family have had nothing but issues with them. The first time they canceled my account when my brother tried to cancel his and again for the second time even though my brother made very clear of the previous issue and basically spelled out his name for the company they still canceled and refunded my account and have been charging him for multiple accounts. Their customer support is absolutely horrendous and probably couldn't find their rear end let alone someone's account information. It's unfortunate we have no options when purchasing warranty through Best Buy because Geek Squad should be put down. Side note when doing a clean up on my grandpa's computer they also managed to lose hundreds of hours worth of Word documents. Do not trust these morons with anything.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I've been denied service when I walked in for a drop off repair because I didn't make a reservation. Instead of 2 agents arguing with me, 1 of them could've easily done it in less than 2 minutes...after 3 weeks repair was done and I can't pick it up unless I make a reservation to simply sign a paper, pick it up and be on my way. What a stressful and frustrating way to treat customers...

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

What a clown show. It would tantamount to bringing your injured child to the local video game champ and expecting professional medical care. A simple microphone driver issue inadvertently turned into the blue screen of death within 10 minutes of one of their 16 year old "professionals" monkeying with it. To compound matters, prior to them starting their experiment, they forgot to back up my files on the peripheral drive I gave them. Fool me once...

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought a new laptop at Best Buy. I was already a Geek Squad plan subscriber. The person at Best Buy sold me a new plan, which was the same price as my existing plan, but covered all my equipment in my home (old and new purchases). At that point, she was supposed to cancel my old plan but she didn't. I was charged for 2 plans for 2 months until I contacted Geek Squad and they cancelled the old plan. But they will not reverse the charges in error for the 2 months. They said since the plan is now cancelled, they cannot credit the charges in error. This is stealing. I lost trust in Geek Squad... they are money grabbers. It is their error, and they refuse to correct it. Do no go with them.

Geek Squad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Run by Best Buy, Geek Squad is probably the best known and most highly regarded computer help service.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

• Best for: Individuals