Geek Squad

Compare Tech Support Services

Research top Tech Support Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been paying into my iPhone phone insurance for 2 years now and have dealt with these people on two different occasions. The first time, my phone had been shut down by an Apple update and I needed to have it fixed. I was sent a package to send my phone in, which came past their quota of 5 business days and when I went to pick up what I thought would be my new phone I was sent my same damaged phone. It turns out I hadn't turned off Find My Iphone. Funny how not a single representative told me that I had to disable this feature. I sent my phone to them with Find My IPhone disabled and they sent me a defective replacement refurbished phone.

Now, I have cracked my screen. I have spoken to multiple different representatives who all failed to tell me that I would be charged 114 dollars for another crappy refurbished phone. Alongside a 900 dollar deposit. The representatives are rude, deceitful and extremely unhelpful and I will never deal with Geek Squad ever again. Bottom line. Do not go with this company. They are complete garbage.

They never show up. If you make an appointment rent a movie so you have something to do while you wait for nothing to happen. Oh, but don't rely on the free rentals they offer from Cineplex. They don't work. We are waiting for another no-show. I have been on hold for such a long time that I can write this review. Complete waste of time and money so far.

The associate was rude from the minute I approached the desk. He would not answer any questions and would not even GLANCE at my laptop. He stood with arms crossed staring directly at me telling me there was nobody to look at the computer and my only option was to pay them to mail it somewhere else to see what the repair would be. The laptop needed a hinge. That was ALL!!! But he would not help or respond in any way. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! They are TERRIBLE!! I found a local techie who fixed it for $20!

I was in the Warwick store around 2:30 this afternoon bringing in a PC for service. There was 1 tech at the counter waiting on 2 customers before me. He asked me why I was here and was told that I needed an appointment and I would have to return at a later date. No one else was in line behind me and I told him I had a service contract and noted that he was finished with his customers and no one else was in line.

At that point he went into the back room and brought out another tech to wait on me. I explained that I have a service policy and that the PC involved was on Windows XP and that the last time it was serviced (service sticker dates were on the unit), an admin password was put on and now I couldn't access it. I also explained that I wanted to get Windows 7 or 10 and was told that he couldn't help me.

The tech suggested that I bring it to PC Warehouse and they should be able to do it. At that point I asked why I would pay another place to do work that I'm covered for on a service contract. No answer was given, just go to PC Warehouse. I took it to PCW and they were very friendly and helpful and will have the PC back to me on Saturday, no hassle or fuss. I used to own a business that I would purchase computers and printers for from Best Buy as well as my own personal electronics and have probably spent well. In excess of $80,000 over the past 12 years. If this is the way I am being treated by your staff, I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Some of your employees are outstanding but to get 2 attitudinal degenerates back to back is unacceptable. A copy of this email will be going to corporate as well. I know how much CSI means to companies today, but your level just hit bottom.

On Saturday, November 19 I visited my local Best Buy to arrange a site visit at my home to install a large screen TV above my fireplace and set up the sound system. My appointment was scheduled on November 22 between 8 am and 12 pm. The female tech showed up at 11 am. She listened to what I wanted done and surveyed the house to see what was needed. Prior to leaving, she said I would have a quote by that evening. It is November 30 and I do not have a quote and what's worse is that the phone number on her business card does not have a voice mailbox active. I had emailed to her on November 29 and received no response.

On November 30, I called 1-800-geeksquad to get an explanation as to what was going on. Over a span of 1 hour and 11 minutes, I was transferred 6 times and all of the people had no clue as to what to do. The last person I spoke with was in a call center and took care of shipping problems. He had no idea as to what to do. This is the WORST customer service I have dealt with in my life. I am appalled by their inefficiency and ignorance on problem solving. You can buy product from Best Buy, but if you want service or installation, go somewhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

I have never cracked a screen, or dropped my phone in the toilet or anything that would create a belief that I abuse phones. Yet I have received 6 iPhones from these people, I mean these monsters. Time and time again these phones fail; either immediately, or shortly after the 30 day warranty on these cheaply built pieces of garbage. I've ended up having to pay 231 dollars, twice now! All because the phones they send us are purposely designed to fail in order to make us keep having to buy them. SERIOUSLY! I can think of no other explanation, I've spoken with at least 7 representatives and it means nothing to them. They are trained like dogs to apologize constantly and offer ZERO compensation help or anything.

Now on to the phones. iPhone 6s plus 64G gold, 1st one had the screen glitch, couldn't swipe screen, ghost dials, ghost texts, basically unusable. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th phone every one of them had speakerphone failures, no speaker phone or facetime volume whatsoever. In addition the 4th phone has begun to do the screen glitch. Which in all cases will be dead within a month. So now my case goes to an escalation team who is supposed to contact me within 5 days. Well 14 days later still no call from the escalation team. So I guess just they'll send me another phone and you guys can hope it lasts past 30 days right? Now on my 5th phone. Still doesn't work right. In two months I've totaled over 22 hours on the phone with you spineless cowards.

Employees like supervisor Cassie are extremely rude and snarky, who are just there to get you off the phone by telling you nothing. Employees like Shanda **, who tell me an E card for a new phone is being emailed so I can scrap out the garbage phone finally; LIES. Employees like Kaysha, who don't even place the order but tell me they did; LIES. Beginning to see a pattern here? So is lucky phone #6 gonna be it. Shall find out tomorrow. Thanks for nothing but headaches and taking practically years off of my life. Hope you all burn in hell!

My wife's phone had a cracked screen. We had the drop and spill coverage that covered the screen. We brought our phone in and the account showed her phone but for some reason the serial in the computer did not match her phone (not even close, the serial in the computer was longer than the one in the phone that LG uses). We tried several ways of looking it up but the number was in their system wrong even though it showed the same phone and the phones activation date matched the sales date. Their response was "Bring in the original box. Maybe the serial is correct on there." All this over an $20 phone.

Please do not use Geek squad!!! They had my computer for 3 weeks before telling me the hard drive I purchased was not compatable with my computer. I called them everyday to check on my computer and they flat out lied to me, telling me "it was on the bench" and "being worked on." They even said they were running the recovery disk and it should be ready soon. Then they called me and said the hard drive I provided was not compatable with my computer! Really?? I then asked to speak to the manager, I told her not to touch my computer anymore and refund every penny of my money. It was a horrible experience. Please don't go here unless you want to wait 3 weeks while they do nothing.

I bought cell phones for my sons earlier this year and opted for the Geek Squad insurance as opposed to the Verizon Insurance... No idea why! Anyway, being a teenager, one of the phones was lost, so I followed the instructions given me and went online to place a claim... Only to find out that I had to call instead. Called the number and gave them all the information, and then they told me, "your claim is being submitted for review and you should receive a letter in the mail in about 10 days. Once you get the letter, give us a call back". SERIOUSLY?!? So it's going to take over two weeks to get a new phone??!! As soon as we get the new phone, I'm looking into canceling the Geek Squad insurance and going direct to Verizon... They'll send you one overnight, and I think the monthly fee is cheaper, too! I will never again have anything to do with Geek Squad!

I had been having issues with my fridge. The ice maker stopped working and on my fridge I have a screen on the front of it where you can listen to music and you can go on twitter etc but the fridge screen started having issues wouldn't connect to the WiFi and lagged Rodney ** from geek squad came out to my home and was very helpful. He did everything he could for me. He helped me get a replacement screen for my fridge and helped me set the whole system back up again. He was overall very helpful with everything and if I have anymore issues with me fridge I would most definitely ask for Rodney again.

My son had an HP Omen which he took with him to school at Western University in London from our location in Mississauga. He discovered the battery was gone and needed replacement in order to be able to take the laptop with him for courses. He took it to Best Buy in London store #980. He paid $60 for diagnostics (even though it was clear the battery needs to be replaced) and was told it will be done in 3 weeks. He purchased another laptop in the meantime as he needed it right away which he returned after 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I rented a laptop in Mississauga and gave him my laptop. Weeks have passed and did not hear anything from Best Buy, Finally I asked my son to call Best Buy to check on the laptop battery replacement and he was told it is ready. We went to pick it on Oct 28 when I was there for other reasons. The laptop was handed in Best Buy on Sept 10, 2016. We did not have the adapter with us and did not test the computer, but were told not to worry, there is a warranty of 90 days on the battery.

I went home and plugged the laptop in to see that the battery was still dead. Left it charge for a while but it was not charging. I called Geek Squad 1-800 number, the store itself, the Geek Squad there. In the end they told me to go to the nearest Best Buy and they will refund my charge of $250 + HST as I protested going back to London 200 km just to get my money back after such a long time of inconvenience.

Today I went to Best Buy at Sherway Gardens, the closest to my place to find out that they do not want to reimburse the money. Only eventually $100, but that I should leave again the laptop with them to be repaired. I told the only thing I want is to get my money back because I cannot afford anymore to pay for a rental laptop anymore and I do not want them to look into the problem as it looked they had all the time to do that and did not do anything.

Manager Raul (did not want to give his last name) did not want to give me my money back and I had no choice than to leave. I went to the car and called the London store, went again explaining all I wanted is my money back for a service that did not deliver anything else than inconvenience to me. Nothing seems to be possible. The Manager Luke was nice to tell me they are going to give me another laptop for the duration of the repair if I go and leave my laptop there for repairs. But that would mean for me 2 trips to London which means 800 km. (one trip back and forth is 400, and I would need to go there to leave the computer once and another time to pick it up).

I cannot believe that there is nothing that can be done so I can get my money back if I choose to do so when service has not been delivered. Where is consumer protection in this country? Why do I have to be so inconvenienced by sloppy rules which do not value the customer in any way? Why the Ministry Of Consumer Protection is not taking any action against these companies who are abusing the customers charging them for services not done?

On Nov. 4th, I went to Geek Squad at a Best Buy located in Fresno, CA. I went in to place a service claim on a LG phone which was having power issues. After the Geek Squad rep had checked the phone and placed in the request, the rep had asked for my credit card information. After reviewing the printout, I noticed that the rep had placed the shipping address and was unable to change it, although the process had just occurred. The Geek Squad rep had me dial the Geek Squad Consumer Support Hotline to change the address. After about 10 minutes of wait time, I finally got a hold of someone on the support hotline which was unable to help as he transferred me over to the phone claims department.

While on the phone, the phone claims rep (female) was unable to assist me although the claim was processed within the 45 minutes. The phone claims rep had asked me to re-route the shipping address on UPS.com which I was unable to do as my main source for the internet was my phone. After a heated discussion, I had advised that I was unable to re-route as I would not be around a computer or had a phone available as my phone was the broken unit!

A few days has passed, I was at work when I was finally able to change the shipping information. I also had checked into my email account and found out that my credit card company had placed my account on hold as they were unable to get a confirmation from my phone. I went online into my credit card account and had noticed there were two transactions to Nike.com for $400.00. Note, I had not used or shown my credit card since the visit to Best Buy on Nov. 4th. From reviewing the transaction details, the charges were made on Nov. 4th and Nov. 5th. I am very upset that my credit card information was stolen the day that I had presented the information to Geek Squad and I am very positive that my information was stolen from BestBuy / Geek Squad. I highly recommend people to look elsewhere for insuring their products from these thieves!

I bought a 50" TV 11/2014. I was offered the 2 yr. extended warranty which I bought because the guy told me that if my TV stopped working I could either bring it in and have it fixed within 3 days, or they would schedule an appt in home to have it fixed. Well, 3 days before my 2 year warranty was up the picture on my screen went out. I called Best Buy/Geek Squad and told them that I would prefer to take it to them so I could have it back sooner. To my surprise they told me that this was only an option for TV's 40" and under. So I made an appt for a technician to come out, between 12-4pm. The man called at 11:30 to confirm and was there by 12. He told me that they would have to order a part and it should be at my home by Friday, it was a Tues. He made a follow-up appt for a tech to come out the following Wed, between 12-4. He was very professional and seemed knowledgeable.

Well fast forward to the following Wed. I still have not received the part. I called to let them know so they could cancel the appt. It was already 1pm, but they hadn't called to confirm yet so I was hopeful that I could catch them before they came out. The first person I spoke with told me that I didn't have an appt. set up, that they were waiting for me to contact them when I got the part. I asked to be transferred to a manager who told me that I did have an appt, but it was canceled because the part was not available and they were going to issue me in store credit! I told her that no one had contacted me in any way to let me know this.

She told me that they should have contacted me before our appt, but that this message just came in to them this morning, but shouldn't they have known that there was no part when they went to send it out over a week ago? I would have been sitting here for 4 hours waiting for them to come! So they are supposedly issuing me in store credit, and are going to contact me in the next two days. But I got the phone number and claim number because at this point I don't believe anything they have to say.

Purchased a 55 inch Philips Smart TV the day after Superbowl and got a great deal on it. After less than a year I had issues with apps working and the picture. They came out and replaced the motherboard. After just two years I now have issues with the picture again and the TV turns itself off randomly. I opened a work order for this issue 10 weeks ago at the end of August. They told me they had to replace the motherboard again. A few weeks go by and I have not received the part which they shipped directly to my home. I call and they said estimated delivery for the part is Dec. I said no way. So they say I have to wait until after 30 days has passed to move forward if they can't get the part. I call after the 30 days and they tell me the part will be delivered mid-October.

October comes and goes and no part. I called again and they said they weren't sure if there would be a part or not and had no way to monitor this to contact me and I would need to call each week to check the progress. The part was not sent so then they tell me they have to send out a technician out to verify if the part they do not have would fix the TV. I do not understand the reasoning here. The tech came out and verified the TV does not work correctly (this is over 8 weeks out from the initial call). The tech tells me I have been approved for an exchange and I will be entitled to a comparable TV and they would contact me with details.

I missed their call and called back. After waiting on hold for over 20 minutes I spoke with Jama in their CS department who lied to me, stating they do not have anything comparable to my TV (they absolutely have 55 inch smart TVs) and they would instead be sending me a gift card for what I paid for the TV a few years back. When I questioned this and the wording in the warranty (I do not want to purchase a new TV, I want mine fixed or another TV as a replacement) Jama said, "What? You expect to get more than what you paid?" and "It's not our responsibility to keep a copy of your warranty, that's yours." He then refused to put me through to his manager stating I would receive a call back in 5-10 minutes.

It's been over 2 hours. I will never buy the overpriced Geek Squad coverage again. I have had to take time off work to try to work with them. Have made over dozen phone calls only to find out they will not help me. They now have terrible customer service that compares only to Comcast. Not sure who is worse at this point. Real shame Best Buy bought them out and runs them so incredibly poorly. Could not be more disappointed.

I brought this laptop computer to them almost 2 weeks ago to get fixed after it got dropped into water. They took it and I then went in almost 2 weeks later to find out how much my bill would be for getting it fixed. They told me that the laptop was too old for them to fix it. I told them that I wanted the laptop back and they told me that I still had to pay them a $34.95 fee for them sending it out in order for it to get repaired. I tried to reason with them that it didn't get repaired so I shouldn't have to pay them anything but they told me that I initially signed an agreement to pay them that amount.

Yeah, I signed that agreement because I was 100% sure that they would get it fixed! It's messed up that I should have to pay them any money at all when they didn't do a damned thing for me whatsoever! If I know anyone who needs to get their computer fixed, I will tell them to avoid these incompetents like the plague! I will not even set foot into a Best Buy ever again for the rest of my life!!! Is it any wonder why Walmart is driving all these other retail chains like Best Buy out of business!? They can all go to Hell!!! I only gave them one star because the option of giving them no stars is not available!

My computer refused to boot, but could get into Bios...so went to Best Buy Geek Squad for repair. I have a very expensive all-in-one. They tried to convince me to replace...but I declined. They were to reinstall Windows, and update to current . Received my computer back with Windows reinstalled to default settings with no updates. (No e-mail etc. package either.) When attempting to turn off my computer, Windows attempted to install 219 updates...while the power setting was apparently set to default, hibernate after 15 minutes. I tried to keep the computer awake, but after 2 1/2 hours gave up on that, and updates failed.

The next day after turning off sleep mode...I was able to update 2/3 updates...1/3 still failed. Plus...my wallpaper setting was set to stretch...no other options. I had one more update offered by Windows this morning. But ignored that...was taking my computer back for these issues to be "fixed". After 5 hours, was told to pick my computer up. I did. Nothing had changed. I still had the failed updates issue and the desktop issue. But after 5 hours, they did download that ONE update from Windows offered this morning. Am I impressed with Geek Squad? Hardly!

Hi, I got the computer from Geek Squad with the protection of Webroot by saying that it will take care all of my problem. After 15 days my email got hacked, since email support like Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft. etc, they do not have have their own technical support. As I was a computer engineer in a reputed company so I call to Geek Squad as I got the appointment from them.

They took the control of my device remotely. After spending 3-4 hours they asked me to visit their store at a scheduled time. I had no time so I visited their store after 2 days and after visiting 2-3 times they told me that they cannot not fix the issue. Then I contacted to another tech support, they not only fix my issue in no time but also they did not charge me til the time I was assured that my email is working.

Once I checked and assured myself as it was started working fine as earlier but I am happy to contact with that tech support (called Sapphire or Vialra) and I paid happily 350 bucks but I am happy as I did not waste so much time as I wasted with in Geek Squad and fail to fix my email issue. So, I will recommend do not purchase any securities if you have the email problem then I will not refer to Geek Squad as they never fix the issue or never let you know that they are not able to fix the issue rather than twisting you. What the use of that kind of support is beneficial that cannot fix the issue rather than wasting the time by going here and there...

This is the last time I will ever use Geek Squad. Brought in a 3 year old HP desktop. They said it was my hard drive. Instead of giving me the option of having it replaced through HP, they told me they had one. It was not an HP as expected and didn't find out until I picked it up that there is NO warranty. They did not attempt to retrieve my documents and pictures and when I questioned them they said I had declined the service. What?? I would never consent to my business manuals and pictures being summarily erased. They are very deceptive and as a senior citizen, I feel they took advantage of me.

I did bought a Laptop 5 month ago. I supposed to have a year free services But the Antivirus keep messed up my laptop. All what's I need help is to a just the antivirus. I got online with the Chat services with the agents to help me to get my laptop going. The Agent Name Keisha ** cases. She ask for all kind of money before she can help me out. I think those people work under some percent. How They are so aggressive to try to get money from people. Well I feel like l bought a dog but instead of the dog I got a Cat. Those company get so bad like Dell Geek Squad because they get grasped. So now a 1,000.+++ I paid used because and I have fight with them and lost a whole day of work.

I signed up a year ago under this payment plan. It was recently cancelled without any notification through email or through to the house. I went in to go get a replacement phone because my phone was stuck on a boot loop, known to be with LG G4 models starting with the number 5 at the beginning of the serial number. Was informed that I was not covered anymore and had to call customer support to restart my payment plans.

Called Geek Squad support and they were no help at all. Refused to setup my new payment plan when they failed to send out a notification on my card change, and was not informed at the beginning of signing up that if this were to ever happen, I would need to take action for this. I could not understand the lady that helped me. Her English was horrible, I had to ask her to repeat herself multiple times. All in all, they said nothing could be done even though it was their fault. Do not sign up with Geek Squad protection because they will screw you over and not care. Their company is more happy about making money than actually helping people. The worst customer service I have ever had! Never going back to Geek Squad!

Geek Squad failed to appear for an appointment scheduled with a 4 hour window. When I called to check, the agent told me that my appointment number belonged to a different booking for an address 1000 miles away. Agent also told me that she had experienced the same problem with the same wrong address, but that she had not been able to get the company investigate. Agent tried to make an appointment for the same day for me, but Central Dispatch insisted I had to get in the back of the queue, and I ended up with an appointment 2.5 weeks later.

Got Sony 55 smart screen. Got Geek Squad cover for 5 years. They did not set up TV right. Called Worst Buy Ripoff Squad. Was told I have to pay another $99 for set up. Supposed to do that set up for free with a big price of tv on the Best Buy card too. These people suck. Now we have to do it ourselves when we were told they would do it!!!

Ok, so I take my laptop to them because when I startup my PC it tells me that it cannot find my hard drive. So already I am pretty sure that the hard drive has crashed/burnt-out. The PC is about 6-7 yrs old, so I take to them to see if they could at least recover personal files off of it and put it on an external drive. They charged me $162.50 to do so. They call me the next day and tell me the bad news, non-repairable and they weren't able to recover any files. I am no PC geek but from what I have learned it probably only took them about 5 minutes to figure this out and basically charged me $32 a minute to tell me then can't do anything but take my money. He did offer the chance to talk to a supervisor then retracted his statement by saying he was out to lunch, at 3:45 pm. So to feel a little better I threw my PC away in their trash along beside the others I saw in there, probably from other disappointed customers

I have beef in multiple times for the same problem of my laptop not turning on. I have gone and waited in their ridiculously long line, even with a scheduled appointment. They had me buy a new hard drive so that they could install it to fix my problem. About a month later, here I am back again because it won't start up again. So I brought it in last week and the agent told me they had to perform a diagnostic, which they did before, so I signed and left my laptop there. 5 days later I get an automated voicemail saying my device is ready. I'm so busy with work I won't able to make it that day.

So the next day I get an email and a servings voicemails saying "That is ready for pick up." I go to pick it up, and to my surprise, the agent tells me they were not able to look at it because my power cord was damaged. They should have told me from the start that they wouldn't be able to use my chord this time, when there was no problem with it a month ago. So they basically had my laptop for 5 days and did not do anything to it. So I show up and they have no solutions for me. Out of frustration I just sign my papers and talk about not being able to afford a new laptop, plus I have pending school assignments that I put on hold for this repair. The agent had no problem asking me if I want to recycle my laptop right there today and called a Best Buy computer rep to come over.

I just think it is really not nice to take in a product that they knew would not get touched. And even if they found out later, why didn't they call me first, before getting my hopes up about getting my laptop back? I don't feel like they genuinely care. But even if they do not care, they should do what I'm paying for and do a diagnostic at the vet least to get me on my way.

Has anyone ever managed to contact Geek Squad's phone line? We paid for the service when we bought our television. Two guys showed up and improved what my husband already did. Since then there have been two occasions when I wanted help from Geek Squad. Each time I phoned and waited for about an hour with no indication that there would ever be an answer. Each time I gave up and got help elsewhere. Do these people even exist or are they just a phone number?

I took my laptop to Geek Squad and asked them to figure out why it wouldn't charge. They said they'd ship it out for repair and that it'd be 3-5 days and I'd have it back. This was the 3rd of October. It is now nearly a month later and I'm being told that they broke the part that they ordered and now I have to wait another few weeks before they get the part and re-repair it. I am a college student, and I had essays on that laptop that I can no longer retrieve. Will never go back to Geek Squad and will be filing a formal complaint against the company.

After spending several thousand dollars at Best Buy in Peachtree City 2 of the PCS framework crashed. I was told to take it back to the store by HP. It could not be repaired. What did I get? Two twelve year olds at Geek Squad who have no idea how business programs work and "Sorry you'll have to manage for 30 days without them." Not an option. Last cent ever and I've been a great customer over the years. This certainly explains why you have stores closing. Your customer service is beyond horrible. Only to find out one of the twelve year olds is a manager. Beyond shocking.

I took my computer in to Best Buy White Marsh. I'm having the worst time trying to get any kind of service or help. I am on the tech support maintenance plan. I take it in for a new hard drive. The manufacturer sent the wrong recovery media. Now Best Buy won't do a damn thing to rectify the problem and they want me to sign up for another 3 years. Only thing good I see in the service is their chat with a agent. They are fantastic. Otherwise, forget the company.

Makes me super frustrated angry mad for the company geek squad did... I ask them to help me to fix my phone and they of course offer this one and that one. When I get my account or warranty on their company they explain it to that everything happen to my iphone replace a new one but unfortunately when that happen they just send me a re use one which is my real phone cause me lots of money... then when I just decided not to take those anymore I want a full refund on my security deposit that they send me and it takes weeks to do that!!! But if they want a security deposit for the warranty they charge it right away!!! What kind of company are they??? They are just useless company!!! Taking advantage for the customers. I really not recommended this company to others that's why I want to have a review for dissatisfied for that company "geek squad".

Phone breaks. Call Geek Squad and wait 2 weeks for a reply. They send me a phone with a broken screen. Replacement phone arrives and it is the wrong color. Operator tells me that they don't have all black anymore and I have no choice but to have a Gold and White phone. I ask for a supervisor, They tell me that I have to wait 48 hours for a call back. THE SERVICE SUCKS.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Run by Best Buy, Geek Squad is probably the best known and most highly regarded computer help service.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.
  • Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.
  • Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.
  • Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.
  • Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.
  • Best for Individuals