1.24/5

Looking for a tech support service?

1160 Geek Squad Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We purchased a new refrigerator the end of June 2018. After delivery problems Best Buy agreed to replace the 3 doors. For 2 months We got the runaround. We were repeatedly lied to, none of our phone calls were returned, they even tried to push it off on Maytag to replace the doors. Finally the beginning of Sept the problems were resolved by a knowledgeable experienced technician. This was a very stressful experience and we will never do business with Best Buy again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

After seeing an ad on bestbuy.com, I placed an order and paid for a Samsung Galaxy J7 2016. They sent me a Samsung Galaxy J7 2015. When I contacted them, they argued that they had sent me the correct phone, refusing to acknowledge, that facts I presented them. I did not receive the phone they advertised, and I paid for.

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

When my TV, which is under warranty went out I contacted GeekSquad for repair. I'm now looking at almost a month waiting for them to come out to "attempt" a repair that the technician isn't even sure will work. Then again they've yet to come out so I have no clue if it would even work. But I do know I'm going without a main tv for a month because of their incompetence.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Best Buy 869 NE Mall Blvd Hurst, TX 76053 Store # 55 Best Buy Geek Squad: This was not the first time I have had trouble with this particular store, but it will definitely be the last! No one seems to know what they are doing and even worse, they just don't care or understand the meaning of customer service. Purchased a Sony receiver and the extended warranty from Best Buy #55. 1st time: Receiver stopped working, took it into the Geek Squad, they sent it off and three weeks later I picked it up. 2nd time: Receiver stopped working again, took it into the Geek Squad folks, they sent it off and two weeks later I picked it up and was told nothing was wrong with it?

Receiver quit working again right after I got it back and conveniently for Best Buy and their useless Geek Squad my extended warranty had lapsed. Now I have a receiver that doesn't work and my only alternative is to purchase another one... it won't be from Best Buy! Oh for the days of Circuit City, without competition in the consumer marketplace we are all doomed to deal with chains like Best Buy. Thankfully there are still good buys from Amazon and other online retailers that actually know what customer service means.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I went into the store in Bradenton Fl yesterday to purchase my son a gaming system for his birthday. The store had about ten customers in it and after 20+ minutes with no help I walked out. I have since bought a Nintendo Switch from a competitor. Lots of workers in the front of the store talking to each other, but none ever asked if I needed help. I would understand if they were all busy with customers, but that was not the case. I will never go back to that store!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I called Customer Service 2 times and my previous Geek Squad "Cadet' called once to clarify exactly what I needed done with my TV/TV stand at my house. The metal stand needed to be assembled and the TV mounted on it, the Stereo Receiver connected to it and wires in the back simply gathered together and 'tubed'. The C.S. Rep repeated it back. The cadet assured me it would be done when they return. Today again it is NOT on their order AND they want to charge me ANOTHER $200 dollars to do the latter two services! Totaling now $400--2.5x MORE than the TV. BAD organization and follow through. And outrageous markup prices. Don't Use them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I bought a router, and went to return the unopened box before 30 days. I was told when I got there, their policy is only 15 days! WTH!! Now I have a worthless $86 gift card. I will be using that and will never purchase another item from them again!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The Geek Squad has been helping us do some electronics work in Vero Beach FL. We had a lot of work to be done initially and 3 workers came and did the work. All of whom were very professional and hard working. This last time we had 1 thing to get done and 1 person came, he again was excellent at this job and friendly and respectful. These days that is HARD to find! He actually cared if the job was done right and we were happy with it. We became members for a year so most things are $49.99 per service (normal TV wall install $149). If you need more than a few things done, I highly recommend the fee for becoming a member (I think $189?) It's been well worth it for us. I'm not a person who does reviews much, but felt so good about this I just had to comment. If you need work done in Vero Beach call Best Buy and ask for Francis (Frank), he's the best!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The deliver man came to deliver my product. I missed my door bell ring but still saw him outside with his partner. once I step outside I ask if he is the deliver guy for my fridge he told me no. I knew something was funny. Called Best Buy immediately. Horrible service. The man said nobody was home which was lie. Ask nicely to get it delivered by today because he was outside with me and lied. Told me that he wasn’t the man when he was. The service people said they can try their best after all waiting for a whole hour on the phone for an answer for what he did they never apologize for their service or even try to deliver it today and they also made my product be on hold to reschedule for tomorrow. Overall they suck! Never ordering from this place again! Can’t believe they can lie? Just get it done and over with. It’s not hard but I guess it is for lazy dumb **!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

On 07/06/2018, I had appointment with a Geek Squad agent, according to his knowledge he recommended ARLO security cameras, instead that I had previously buy it. And I did believe and he went to get it at the nearest store in my town. The cameras were working properly; great for first 10 days then begin with errors, troubleshooting.

I call back Geek Squad. A person came on the 14 of August, 2018. He said the cameras are going to give this issue all the time, that I better returns and buy a wire cameras and recommended a Swann brand name. In fact, I did, but when I got to Best Buy they said I can’t not returned because is over 30 days. So I went over 30 days because I had to wait for Geek Squad come to my house and by then 30 days went by. But I had also insurance paid in this cameras and they can no returned or exchange or store credit. It just make me think the first agent who went to my house he just want to sell it and don’t care about quality of the products.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Following is a condensed version of my 3 page single-spaced saga which began 7/12 when I purchased an open box Maytag clothes dryer at Best Buy in Whitehall, PA. From receiving a defective product to having to endure 4 different teams of inept installers to repeatedly being told that my situation would receive expedited attention (NOT), I can unequivocally state that this was the most stressful, time-consuming, frustrating, and disappointing purchase that I have ever made. It took exactly 30 days and the hiring of a plumber (for which I am still waiting to be reimbursed) to have a safe operational dryer. This review is not meant to disparage Maytag appliances, as I am very satisfied with my dryer's performance, but to alert others who are considering any appliance purchase and installation of the poor customer care/concern shown by Best Buy and their Geek Squad.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I purchased LG-30 self-cleaning stove gas range. The oven stop working. 7/22/18 called to get repair. 8/26/18 guy came out. Said he would call in to get OK on parts to Best Buy. A week later no calls. Call back Geek Squad. They call service guy. Told me they working on it. A week later I called back. No one called me. Wonder whats going on. Geek Squad called service guy and finally okay parts cost. Now Geek Squad tells me I have to wait 30 day if not fix maybe new stove. It been 3 weeks no oven 8/11/18. I am very frustrate. Best Buy is good with electronics but not major appliance. As of right now I will not buy any else from Best Buy.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

On Monday Aug 6th, 2018 I called to cancel my Warranty Protection Program as I feel I do not want or need this... I called around 7:00pm. The person (Man) I got on the phone was ok until I made a mistake stating my name that was on the contract. I gave him my real name Luciana instead of Lucy... We are the same person. My understanding is that if you give all other information that is correct EX. address, phone number, postal code, date of birth, they should be able to help you, but this man was not interested, he gave me a very hard time.

We stayed on the phone for 15 Min arguing, he still would not help me, I finally hung up because he was really irritating me. Unfortunately with all the arguing, I forgot his name... 15 Min later, I called back... I finally got a human being on the phone. His name was Johan!!! He helped me out, within 10 min the cancellation was done. Geek Squad you need to have more people like Johan working for you. Last time I will be dealing with you guys...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I purchased this Dell computer 3 months ago and getting error blue screen with shutdown daily. I contact Geek Squad via chat who would only help me resolve the issue today if I paid $199.99! This computer is still under warranty and they should have been able to help me then.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I paid $199 for Geek Squad warranty, and laptop has some problem in motherboard, they said will fix and give a loaner laptop. I got one while repair, and they have a broken laptop. I thought it's ok as it’s just for 2 weeks so will manage. Then I came back and got my laptop repaired and there were so many scratches on laptop. I requested to fix that band again. After 4 weeks I am in Best Buy and there is a tap hanging out on my screen, and my laptop is touchscreen so I said can you please fix that? They said I am only one here, and gave broken loaner laptop again. Instead of fixing thing, they bring up something new all time, and surprisingly that guy on Geek Squad without name tag says I can pull that tap or cut using knife.

And what if it's broken by me? This ** do not do their job and I have to come again and again and who is going to pay for my gas? They get paid for nothing. Worst people ever, I wish I could finds a better place and these people hire some nice staff. People except for sales people, are worst and doing nothing. So cheap people. I love Best Buy but Geek Squad people are ** cheap and **. I never use such words but I am so poised off as it's been 3 months and have not get my laptop back and thought to write review just from Best Buy iPad from Ancaster. People here are worst, do not come here, rather go to other one. This place is piece of ** due to this people.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Customer care does not care! They put me through too many hoops, and provided too many refurbished iPhones that were junk, and they just were not going to do anything about it. I canceled my Geek Squad protection plan, and told the person who finally called, but a few days late, I canceled my relationship with Best Buy & Geek Squad too, as I spent countless hours trying to get an iPhone that worked. I should have had them replace the glass on my original iPhone and send that one back as it worked perfectly, or, I could have replaced it on Avenue Rd in Toronto for $109 + HST while I waited for 30 minutes; didn't know, but I do now. The Rogers protection plan provides the first glass breakage repair free, and Rogers is a Canadian company. Best Buy is an American company, but that is another story for another time.

Turns out, Best Buy & Geek Squad did a favour for me, as Rogers provided a brand new out of the box iPhone 8+, an upgrade from the iPhone 7+ I had purchased from Best Buy, for $4.00; yes, $4.00 and lowered my monthly bill by $20.00, and delivered it to my home the next day! Wow! Double wow! Thank you Rogers. I have been a happy & loyal Rogers customer since 1987. I was a Future Shop/Best Buy customer since 1986. I am a happy camper now, and have put Best Buy well behind me, and you should too if you want to stay happy.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I guess having experienced Elite service Best Buy Geek Squad did not meet my expectations. I had tech support set up my Outlook. Email does not work from Outlook or even from my own email. I've had work emails not arrive on time. The power cord stopped functioning after two months. I went in for help, they couldn't provide a loaner, they couldn't even charge my computer while I waited for a new one to arrive in mail 7 days later. They kept my computer to charge and five hours later it was not charged. Online chat was not helpful. They made me buy a new charger because the power cord is an "accessory" and Total Tech Support doesn't cover it. And they would give me a refund on the usel as tech support.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I purchased a laptop in January and was pressured into buying the Geek Squad "protection plan," under which they were supposed to fix or replace it if anything happened. Unfortunately the laptop I got was a factory lemon. It runs at unacceptable temperatures even when idling, crashes while playing not-particularly-intensive games, had sound problems straight out of the box until I Googled a registry change to fix it, and is now having problems with image persistence on the screen after only 6 months of use. I've worked on computers before, so I know enough to know that all these together (especially the spiking temperature) indicate the system is poorly manufactured. The only real way to fix this is to either gut the thing and put in all new hardware, or simply chuck it and get a new one.

When I brought it to Geek Squad they said the only thing they could do is "ship it out" (to an undisclosed location) to replace the specific hardware THEY thought was causing the problems. I was told this would take at least two weeks and, after we had done this three times, maybe they would consider replacing it. My work depends on having a functioning computer; I cannot be without a computer for several months, and I don't have endless disposable income to drop on multiple backup computers in case one fails.

When I told the representative this, he said "unfortunately that's just the way this system works." I asked if they could offer me a loaner, even a cheapo tablet, in the interim, and was told no, absolutely not. Sorry - I paid for your protection plan, received a defective product through no fault of my own, and now I have to just suck it up and accept that I won't be able to do my work for a few months? What am I even paying for, for you to send things in the mail for me?

To add insult to injury, they tried to convince me that a local repair shop would tell me the same thing. No, a local repair shop would either order the parts and perform the repair in-house, or admit that the thing is unfixable. It might still take two weeks for the parts to arrive, but they would not ship the entire machine somewhere else and then expect me to pay them for the back-breaking labor of putting a laptop in a box and putting a label on it. I can easily see someone less tech-savvy getting taken in by this, though.

I won't be buying anything from Best Buy again, and I certainly wouldn't recommend that anyone drop $200 on this ridiculous "protection plan." For less than $200 you can take your computer to a local repair shop and have it fixed there, probably much faster, with no risk of the machine being damaged or lost in shipping. The one positive thing I can say about Geek Squad is that they did offer to fix my computer - just not in a way that was acceptable at all, and not in the way I had been lead to believe when they sold me the protection plan. They want you to believe they'll take care of you if anything goes wrong, but really they just want to take your money to provide worse service than a mom-and-pop store will give you.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I will NEVER use Geek Squad AGAIN. Bought my laptop in on 7/20/18 to upgrade to a SSD. I was asked and was reassured. That all My School work could and would be backed up. (Meaning All school programs loaded onto laptop.) Went in on 7/21/18 to pick my laptop up and dang it all school programs, work, files, weren't saved. Now I don't think the Vocational School will re upload all programs and Office Home and Student without charging myself. What a ABSOLUTE GONG SHOW Geek Squad has become. I will not be sending it to (As they like to a Level 2) lab.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Waited for a week for an in home consultation (required). Then had to go to Best Buy to purchase nearly $1,000.00 worth of equipment base on the recommendation (not a fun experience - they couldn't find the product in the store at BCC - recommended another product). Waited another week or so for an in home installation which was not completed. The tech left my wife with a page of notes on how to complete the install based on what we wanted. The system does not work. I called and now need to wait for another 9 days for the next available technician. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. There is no escalation process and no appeal. And they wonder why we all shop online. Disgusting company in my opinion. My last time in a BEST BUY. STAY AWAY.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Geek Squad showed up and left as they said they needed more help. They have not rescheduled or called back in 5 days. I tried to cancel but everyone I talk to says the ticket is open and they cannot cancel and refund. Spent to much time talking to too many people who all said they could not help me. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and registered a disputed with my credit card company. I paid for my service on July 9th, today is July 18th and still no call back.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I recently took my Apple iPhone 6s Plus to Best Buy to take advantage of Apple’s $31 battery replacement special which ends in December 2018. When I dropped the phone off, they ran a diagnostics which passed everything. They told me everything passed, even the battery. I asked them to replace the battery anyway, since the phone was already two and a half years old. About six hours later, they returned my phone to me and told me that my phone did not pass diagnostics after the battery was replaced. They told me that the front and rear cameras weren’t working due to “underlying issues”. The Geek Squad member then advised me to contact Apple Care to advise them what had happened to see if there was anything they would be able to do for me.

Already frustrated from the nearly six hour wait, I retrieved my phone and left the store. I tried to make a phone call after leaving the store and noticed the receiver on my phone was not working. In order to talk to somebody on the phone, I had to place my phone on Speaker. I contacted Apple Care and was told to take it back to Best Buy to see if they would be able to take another look at it.

The next day, I took it back and was told that if they accepted the phone for service, that I would have to be charged a service fee. Puzzled, I asked them why I would be charged if they were responsible for ruining my phone. To make an already long story shorter, they ended up turning me away unless I would pay for the service fee.

I left the store and contacted Apple Care again. This time Apple Care told me that I shouldn’t have returned to Best Buy. The Apple Care representative told me to go to the nearest Apple Store so they could fix my phone at no charge, since Best Buy was willing to help me. When I arrived at the Apple Store, they immediately handed me a brand new, out of the box, Apple iPhone 6s Plus. After asking questions, I discovered that Best Buy has been messing up iPhones during battery replacement. Apparently they do not know what they are doing and they won’t even accept responsibility for messing up your phone. I highly recommend anybody to take their iPhones for service to an Apple Store. I will never return to Best Buy for service on any device or electronic. -Best Buy in El Paso, Texas at the Fountains of Farah.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I purchased the “Geek Squad” protection plan from Best Buy (after being talked out of the Apple Care plan) for my wife’s iPhone 6. My subsequently broke her original phone and Geek Squad sent a refurbished replacement. This replacement was a total piece of crap! We lived with it because it took a week to receive and my wife couldn’t be without her phone for another week. Recently I took this refurbished phone into an Apple Store to have the battery replaced as it was no longer holding a charge.

Apple performed their diagnostic on the phone and informed me that the phone was loaded with third party components and that they could not replace the battery as components connected to it were unsafe and could overheat. They told me to contact Geek Squad and seek restitution. I originally called Best Buy as that was my point of purchase. The sales rep that I spoke with and explained the situation to directed me back to Geek Squad and informed me that this is a common occurrence and the Geek Squad would send me a gift card to replace the phone as restitution.

After speaking with their representative they informed me that their manager “Rob” refused to give me any restitution as I canceled my Geek Squad plan previously and accepted no responsibility for sending a defective phone replacement loaded with inferior, unsafe components. This is a brutal way to conduct a business, especially since they put the safety of my family in harm's way! I VERY STRONGLY URGE EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM BOTH BEST BUY AND GEEK SQUAD!!!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I'm short on funds, and lost my phone recently, so I emailed Geek Squad that I needed to cancel my Webroot subscription so I could have maybe enough for rent. I got an email back saying it was easy, just click this link, fill out the paperwork, and you're done. So I did, I even got a confirmation saying it worked. Two days later, I got another email saying payment was successfully withdrawn from my account, and now it's in the negative. I emailed back and told them what happened, and they said I couldn't go to that site, I had to call them to have it deactivated, which I couldn't do because my phone is off.

It sure is nice how they conveniently misread my email to suck 100 dollars out of my pocket, and then have the gall to say it's MY fault. And now I'm going to try taking it to the store itself during my lunch break and they WILL give me my money back, and I will not be returning. It's ridiculous that they install software you never asked for, and then don't let you cancel until after money is already taken out.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Had the iPhone insurance with Geek Squad which covered damage. Phone was dropped on the 401 and run over by several cars. Because I was unwilling to run out onto the 401 highway to retrieve the phone they consider it lost and will not cover it. That was bad enough. The worst part by far, however was the way I was treated by the Best Buy staff and the Geek Squad phone representative. They did not make me feel in any way that I was a valued customer and immediately dismissed my questions. The manager that was supposed to call back within 24 hours called back 2 days later and left a message repeating the same canned phrases as the representative before. I will never shop at Best Buy again nor will I be a Geek Squad customer ever again. I see by the many reviews saying the same thing that I'm not alone in this.

Original review: July 3, 2018

The following review is provided by me to help other consumers have a clear picture of the disreputable practices I encountered on many occasions in my dealings with Best Buy and Geek Squad warranty issues. On four occasions I bought printer in the Years 2014/2015 in 2016. In each case I bought a product the same one the HP 8620. Its list price was always $299. Recently I learned how to scan and shortly after learning how to scan the roller that automatically document feeds stopped working. I called Geek Squad. They verified I was still under the warranty and that I have a replacement policy and that the policy called for an equivalent replacement to satisfy me or an improve replacement product should not an equivalent replacement be possible. I've had many of these overpriced warranties. I was well aware of that and that was well aware of what was sold to me.

I went to the Best Buy closest to me four miles away two days later. Unfortunately the HP 8620 had been replaced by the current model HP 8720. It also had a list price of $299 still. As usual the person that Geek Squad said, "No we're going to have to have you get a replacement." They tried to simply give me back what I paid for it. When I pointed out the terms of my warranty inappropriately was a consumer advocate for myself the management at this Best Buy had to go to computers to pick out the most appropriate replacement. All they had was an 8710 printer. Its full price list is $199. That is $100 less than the 8720 that they did not have in stock that is the most appropriate fulfillment of the warranty. I asked them to look up which store I could find an 8720 printer from HP and they sent me to the Thunderbird and I-17 Best Buy store in Phoenix.

I had to go there on a second trip the next day to pick up one of two printers they had in stock there. The next day I took my 8620 HP printer to that store and picked up an 8720 HP printer which would have been the proper replacement. Unfortunately the management was dishonest at the second store on Thunderbird and I-17 in Phoenix. They tried to tell me that the Best Buy warranty that I bought only would give me a gift card for what I paid for it and then I could go shopping again and do as well as I could with the given stated sale prices that week. I said that's not how it works in a polite respectful manner. I ask to speak to the store manager. They called the store manager over. The store manager said the best she could do was to refund me the hundred and sixty-two something dollars that I had paid. If I wanted to have an equivalent replacement product it would cost me approximately another $60 out of pocket.

I spent an hour and a half politely going over things and trying to stand my ground. She told me I could go back to the other store and I told her I didn't feel like going to another store. I was sent to the store since the other store didn't have the product. I left with a lesser printer HP 8710 that its sale price was $129. This annoyed me so I called back Geek Squad two days later. They again assured me that I was correct in the terms of the warranty that was not honored. They said they would escalate and someone would call me back that day most likely. Two days later I had not received a call and I have to get it over the phone to the escalation Department I'm kept transferring me all over the place. I spent over 2 hours on the phone getting nowhere. I was simply beside myself. Best Buy employee after Best Buy employee said that I was well within my rights and request. I finally resolved one employee that I would call corporate on Monday.

I again spent today which is Monday 2 hours on the phone with Best Buy corporate in Minnesota being transferred around and no one was able to help me but everybody agreed that I was not treated right. At one point it look like I had finally gotten someone who could send me the proper printer. We had a bad connection. They asked for my phone number. I gave it. They reviewed the phone number. I asked them to call me back. They said they would. They hung up and never called me back. My time is too valuable. My integrity and my dignity I've been insulted. I was fraudulently sold a warranty that was not upheld on their end. Their practices of overselling tech support I have had many many bad experiences and sold three times the amount of tech support at the cost of hundreds and hundreds of dollars to myself. The quality of Geek Squad is questionable at best. They do not have significant training or standardization of skills.

They are trained hard to sell sell sell and overcharge. I find them completely disreputable. They rush you on the phone when the remote on. Acks the products they sell. What they want to do is sell you more more more. The management at this particular store was completely unscrupulous. So much so that I've never complained about anything on the internet but I've learned to empower myself by going to the ConsumerAffairs website today and taking my time to help people understand the bad practices of Best Buy and Geek Squad.

Buyer please beware. Geek Squad is not your friend. Best Buy is not your friend and they do not care. They are motivated by greed in my opinion. They do not have the customer best interest in mind. I swear that this is the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God. I would encourage no one to buy a single piece of electronics or appliances from Best Buy until they revamp all their policies. Go elsewhere where you would be treated better with more integrity. God bless you all. I hope that this post that I took my time to make is helpful to you. It is the truth.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I purchased a TV from Best Buy with a service warranty. It is my understanding that Best Buy's policy is that if they cannot repair the item after the third appointment, they will replace the TV. However, we are going on our 5th appointment. The initial appointment, I was advised the TV was working as it should. The second appointment, before the technician even came to my home, he advised that it was probably the main board. The third appointment, the technician came and advised that the main board that arrived, brand new and from the factory, was damaged and he ordered a new part.

The fourth appointment, scheduled without asking for our availability, the technician installed the main board and then when the TV still did not work properly advised that it needed a WiFi part. Again, he scheduled another appointment, and without asking about our availability. I feel that Best Buy sold me a lemon and Geek Squad is not willing to honor their own policy.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I had been receiving pop ups on my laptop, so I took it in to Best Buy to have them do a virus check. I have had the Geek Squad plan since 2014 and maybe used it once before. Before I could barely explain my issue, the rep immediately tried to upsell me on their new comprehensive plan which covers multiple appliances. I declined that and then was told I had to pay an additional $99 to back up my files. Ok, thought that was a little excessive, but agreed.

I picked up my computer about a week later and was told that they found no viruses after doing a thorough check. About a week later, I was still getting the pop ups so I decided to do a rating inquiry on the Webroot software they use. I decided to look for the software on my computer, but could not find it. I then called the Geek Squad to see if they could help me find it.

The rep checked and also could not find. She directed me to another rep to have them install it stating that it would probably take 10 mins. Well, it took that rep about an hour to complete the install. I watched her go back and forth through the same steps and prompts, wondering if she knew what she was doing. I was appalled that the store that said they checked for viruses and charged me for it would give me back my computer WITHOUT the anti-virus software!!! I will be cancelling my plan with the Geek Squad after the subscription is done. Tired of companies hiring inexperienced people but charging premium fees.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Geek Squad Reinstate Computer - Once they do the initial work and sign you up to a multiyear contract they never call you back to help - they are always saying, "We will call you back in a few minutes." Very disappointing.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I could not open Outlook so I connected with the Geek Squad as I have a contract with them. I then went for dinner. When I opened my computer Outlook opened but all of my folders had disappeared. I run my business on folders and their Geek Squad could not fix it. Their answer was to go to a store. I am living in Europe for the summer so that was not possible. The Geek Squad created the problem and could not fix it!

Geek Squad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Run by Best Buy, Geek Squad is probably the best known and most highly regarded computer help service.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

• Best for: Individuals