Geek Squad

Compare Tech Support Services

Research top Tech Support Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I can attest to what so many others here have said about Geek Squad's warranty service at Best Buy. I had my laptop "repaired" three times where they kept it, in total, for almost three months. The first repair resulted in more damage as they improperly reattached the screen causing it to crack when opened. Which I then lived with for several months because I didn't want to lose my laptop for another whole month, as I was in school. When I did bring my laptop back in for repairs I noted to them that the original problem of the loud grinding noise hadn't been fixed. When the computer came back to the store, it started to spark. Apparently from a loose wire that resulted from replacing the screen.

It never made it out of the store and was sent back out to the depot level repair, yet again. This time it was kept for five weeks -- they don't put you in the front of the queue or prioritize you in any way whatsoever after they've messed up the repair. It is straight back to the end of the line. It took more than two weeks before the depot called me to even acknowledged they had received my computer back for repairs. If doing this time you call the store for an update or to complain all they will do is attach an escalation to your case, promise to call you back after they've heard something in response and then apologize for not calling you back the next time you call them... Anyway, after all this by the time I got my computer back, my warranty service had lapsed -- I certainly wasn't going to renew it given their performance to date. The grinding noise is still a problem.

So basically in all that time they only fixed the problems they, themselves, had caused in their various attempts they made at repairing my Laptop. It is just a useless service, and everyone at Geek Squad is useless and everyone at Best Buy corporate is useless. Because of the tremendous level of disrespect I've been shown during my interactions with Best buy representatives, I've determined to never spend another cent at Best Buy. If you like being treated like a piece of garbage then by all means shop at Best Buy, and if you like being ripped off then buy a warranty contract with them through Geek Squad. Personally, I don't so I won't ever again.

The customer service representative (Maggie) was rude, extremely slow (45 minute wait), and indifferent. This occurred at the Hawthorne, California location on 5.3.17. I came in to get my phone serviced. I was told it was beyond repair and I needed to pay $149.99 to receive a new phone, although I have been paying a monthly fee for the last two years and never used the service. This Geek Squad service plan is a total ripoff. I will not be recommending this company to anyone I know.

I purchased a Samsung S7 through Best Buy June 9, 2016 and accepted through protection plan on my phone. In February of this year my credit card was compromised by a car wash and that account was closed. I didn't realize that there was a billing issue until I came across an email that asked me to update my billing information prior to 5/10/17. I updated the information and contacted Geek Squad to get through run around that my protection was already cancelled and there's nothing that can be done. The reps are rude and very unhelpful. I contacted Best Buy and wasn't given much more help. I am now to the point of a Better Business Bureau complaint.

I called GEEK SQUAD today to cancel my existing plan because of the rumours I've been hearing about them. Well, I am not surprised because I experience it myself. I am proud of myself for cancelling the plan SOON enough so I won't get the worst experience I can ever imagine in the future. I bought a iMAC at Best Buy way back June 2015 and they charged me $31.49/mo for a 3 yr warranty period. So. I've been paying for 1 year and 11 months (they charged me for this month of April). I never claimed for any repairs whatsoever and I am not actually using the laptop as always. So, I decided to cancel the plan plus the fact how their business is going through considering the fact having 1 star rate and complaints from lots of angry and disappointed customers they have.

Having said that the lady just plainly said that my plan has been cancelled as of today and I will be getting a refund of $21. What?!!! For paying for almost 2 years and that's only I could get?! She never explained to me why only that amount. I was so surprised. Anyway, I cancelled my account already so why care? Stupid of me to be swayed by the salespersons. They're flowery mouth when dealing with you when you purchased stuffs. Then after? What now? They just treat you like GARBAGE if everything goes wrong. I still have existing GSP plan for our 2 iPhone and I am planning to cancel it soon. I was too upset knowing that this plan is GARBAGE. NO use at ALL. You better think before you purchase a Geek Squad plan pleaseeee. If it works well for you. Thanks for the $21 refund. At least, I got a refund.

Very disappointed with the Geek Squad, cell phone repair department. I paid for the warranty for my phone which was having charging issues right before my trip out of the country for 3 months. When I bought this plan I was told I could go right to the store and exchange my phone. Which was not the case. Had to wait for the new one to come and send the old one back in. Got the new one, got it operating and it keeps dropping calls, no time to resend and have a phone for my trip. No options given to me for an extension of plan on this piece of crap phone so it could be dealt with upon my return. Now I paid for a warranty for 2 years that left me with basically an ipod because cell service works intermittently. All of this information was given to the Geek Squad upfront but no one offered me any solutions. Plus this all didn't need to have happened if they gave me a good replacement in the first place! Seems dodgy as they knew my situation upfront.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

I bought a new laptop for my daughter and received an email to have Geek Squad help me, for free, transfer data from her old computer. When my wife and daughter went to the store they told them it would cost $80.00! My wife even showed them the email but they would not honor it. They also wanted to sell us Norton Antivirus despite that I already had it on her computer. I am dissatisfied with how they behaved.

Last summer I bought an iMac (went from Microsoft to Mac) at Best Buy. Bought the (applications + protection + support). Last week the Safari wouldn't open. Had SQ remotely looked into it. I was ask to bring my iMac to Best Buy. They kept it for 5 days since last Monday I had nothing but PROBLEMS, ISSUES with the running of my iMac...

First they didn't back it up properly, (on my work order it did mention back up everything). Lost my emails, folders, etc... all my contacts and agenda were lost. Had to bring back my iMac to the store after calling the GS 1-800. I have a small business and need my one and only computer (I do not own an iPad). I had to refuse a contact because my iMac was not up and running properly... Magic Mouse not functioning... All my office applications had to be reinstalled, etc... since last Monday (Apr 17, 2017) I must have opened at least 10 tickets to fix remotely. I was disconnected by the initial because I'm getting frustrated and my fuse is getting shorter. After all that time SQ expectation is for me to remain polite and civil... (???) when they are the problem (???). I would to put an end to my extended IT support and deal directly with a Mac Store.

Recently had an incident occur involving a satellite service blowing up my TV, Xbox, and DVD player. The Satellite service requested a written estimate of the diagnosis and value of the items in writing. Contacted the Geek Squad and told them what we needed. They said the cost would be 99.00 for a house call, they would give us an estimate on all three devices, and they set up an appointment with us. After waiting the entire day for someone to show up, I contacted them again and was placed on hold for 45 minutes the first time. The second time, I was on hold 10 minutes, and the third attempt, I was disconnected. No contact with these people at all since the appointment was made. An entire day wasted. Very, very poor customer service. I would never consider calling these people for anything at all, ever again.

I bought Windows 10 copy USB from Dearborn, MI Best Buy store, because my PC has crashed, when I tried to load it to my computer it did not work I think because they sold me the wrong version of windows, I took my computer to the store and the supervisor at the Geek Squad by the name of Benjamin won't talk to me at all, won't explain anything to me. All I was asking is to exchange the copy I bought with the correct one or show me the first two steps and I will take the rest, but he kept saying that the package has been opened and there is nothing can be done, I paid $128.00 for that copy down the drain, I am trying to sell it now on CL for $50.00 and still without a computer and internet.

My 14-year-old daughter broke the screen on my laptop. She did not tell me, instead, she took the laptop to Best Buy without my permission and they allowed a minor to sign for repairs on a laptop she did not have authorization or parental permission to have repaired. As an adult, I would not have had the laptop shipped knowing that accidental damage would not be covered.

I had no knowledge that my laptop was in their possession until I received a call from the Geek Squad that said that the cost of the repair would be more than the price that was paid when purchased less than a year ago. I was upset not only that my laptop was damaged, but that a minor was allowed to provide the signature for a repair that was not authorized by her parent. I then stated to the associate that no, of course, I do not want my laptop touched and I have never even seen the damage done to it. She told me I have to pay a $40.00 shipping fee that a child authorized without my knowledge or my consent. I called the corporate office and was told that yes, it is a problem that a minor was able to authorize a signature for a repair, but the onsite employee that did the paperwork does not want to discuss the matter.

I do not feel that I should have to pay to pick up my laptop when I did not authorize the work order. A child that knew she was in trouble for breaking it authorized it, and the store associate knew that the repair would not be covered under the warranty. A 14-year-old girl without identification was allowed to sign for services on another person's property. I would like my laptop back and considering a store associate allowed a minor to conduct business with someone's property, I do not feel I should have to pay the shipping fee for services I did not request.

I purchased a HP for 899$ and I bought the Geek Squad protection plan with it. I was told that it covered EVERYTHING! And that in a year it was renewable. When the year came I made the renewal over the phone. As far as I knew it was "renewed" Not changed! I have a broken computer and took it in today for repair. The guy at the desk informed me that the motherboard is bad, needs a new screen and speaker, from what I told him was wrong. He said it would be better to get a new computer. But I told him I had the protection plan. He looked up my number and informed me that there was only tech support. "But I renewed my plan" I told him.

At this point I was about to blow a gasket! He called the Geek Squad "number" and told them the situation. They told him the only part that was able to be renewed was the tech support, the repair wasn't renewable and was never offered. I would never have paid $100 for just TECH SUPPORT! I will NEVER BUY from them again!!!

I recently bought a laptop from Best Buy and thought it would be a good idea to get the Geek Squad protection because I tend to be clumsy with technology. All was going well for the first couple months, then I started getting blue screens and hardware malfunctions. When I took my device into Geek Squad, they did absolutely nothing to fix the problem, and instead told me that I had to send it off to the manufacturer to get anything useful done to it. Later, I had more hardware problems when the screen started popping out of the housing. Once again, I thought Geek Squad could help me, and once again I was wrong. Again I heard that I would have to send it to the manufacturer or hand it over to Geek Squad for a MONTH to get it fixed. When I requested a replacement or refund, I was told that I was not able to get either because I had not brought it in to get it fixed enough times.

What is the point of purchasing Geek Squad protection if they do not provide support? I paid for a plan that I thought would ensure that I would not have to go without a laptop. A plan that was a false hope of assurance because they are not allowed to do anything to the computer other than analyze it to find out what the problem is. From there on, it's all up to the manufacturer to solve the problem. I plan on finishing my payments for my broken computer, and never setting foot in a Best Buy again.

Geek Squad stole my money. I bought an iPhone 6 in March 2016 from a BestBuy Mobile store. At that time I purchased a protection plan for the phone from Geek Squad. Fast forward to January 2017 when I went into a Rogers store to upgrade my phone to an iPhone 6 Plus and signed a new contract. The staff did not let me know that I should cancel any extended warranties I had for the device so I figured when the phone was deactivated and returned, the charges would stop as I hadn't renewed the plan for the new device.

It's now April 2017 and I happened to be reviewing my credit card statement in depth and noticed Geek Squad has continued to bill me. I called their customer service line and calmly explain the situation. The staff member was very short with me and told me it was my fault, I should have called sooner, and they would not refund me. She did however offer to refund me a pro-rated amount for April (it's the 6th today) which came to $11.00 instead of the regular $13.50 or whatever. Pretty pathetic that the best they could do is partially refund me and keep a lousy $2.00.

So I email Geek Squad support to see if they can help, the staff member, Mark called me and told me to call back to customer service line and speak with a supervisor. So that I did. The supervisor was just as short and rude as the first staff member I had spoken to. She was very apologetic but did not offer any solution or to attempt to escalate the situation. So I asked to speak to a manager and to that she told me they were all busy in meetings. Hmm okay. So I waited on the line.

So the manager comes on the line very shortly after, is very short, unhelpful and again tells me that I'm in the wrong. I asked him again to speak with the department that issues refunds and he tells me he's 99% sure it will not be refunded. 2 minutes later he gets back on the line and tells me that they denied the refund. Surprise. So I paid for a service that was not provided and had I acted on, never would have been provided because I no longer owned the phone. Their argument was that they were still technically providing the service but that's untrue because they wouldn't have repaired/replaced my new iPhone. I also was more than happy to provide plenty of documentation to prove the phone had been returned but they didn't want to see it.

I don't see why I have to be punished as the consumer because Geek Squad and cell phone providers don't communicate. Maybe this is a lesson for Geek Squad to have service providers remind customers to cancel/transfer their replacement plans. But why would they want that when they can just plead ignorance and steal money from their customers? Keep in mind the amount I'm asking for a refund for is under $40.00. You must be hurting for money, Geek Squad. Won't be doing business with you again and will certainly tell everyone I know you're a bunch of crooks. I'll also be sure to continue to share my sub-par customer service experience all over social media! Pleasure doing business.

I took my laptop to Geek Squad, Bronx Gateway, (153rd Street and River Avenue), and renewed an one-year contract. The service was ok, until my laptop (HP G62-034) "died." I was informed that I should have Hewlett Packard's wi-fi taken and I purchased a Netgear N900-4100 USB, and utilized my "Hot Spot" for better internet service. The machine worked great, until I switched to Windows 10, brought my computer back to Geek Squad, where they "STRIPPED" my computer of everything--APPS, FILES, DOCUMENTS, ET AL. I repaired myself, and they stripped, again. This time, after restored -- especially the files, Home and Work Groups created, I was doing 3-D APPS, when the screen disappeared and it's trying to form, again. I ran every test, via the BIOS, and everything is fine, BUT NO DATA - F10.

Then they had the nerve to e-mail about a $99.00 renewal on a breach of contract, breach of consumer trust, and computer trespass and I e-mailed, messengered Geek on numerous occasions about their deceptive practices and requested a contract renewal refund. Furthermore, the Geek Squad founder, Mr. Robert Stephens, and former Best Buy CTO, left with an exit memo to Best Buy: "Nothing short of radical," will work, April 2, 2014. In light of the above, I do not and would not recommend any Geek Squad (also Fordham Road refused to service my computer, with a contract), to anyone, and I am still working on my computer. Also, if they tell you that computer usage/hardware lasts for 10 years (mine is eight years) -- a car last for more than 20 years. Thank you.

When I purchased a new MacBook Pro computer from Best Buy about 18 months ago they talked me into buying a Geek Squad service program that included Webroot cyber security. As I was going to be transitioning from Windows to Apple I thought signing up with Geek Squad would be a good idea. Up until recently I have been using Apple Support to held me through the learning curve. They have been FANTASTIC to say the least. As it appeared as though I had a battery problem I needed to take the computer in for a hardware diagnostic.

My option was the Apple Store which is a long ways from where I live, or the Geek Squad at Best Buy. I made an online appointment with Geek Squad and took my computer in yesterday anticipating that my problem would be identified. When I arrived for my 1120 appointment there was one young woman at the reception desk who was attempting to do everything from schedule appointments to provide technical advice. I felt sorry for her as she was completely overwhelmed. Approaching noon she was finally able to deal with me.

While I initially thought that I would be passed off to a technician somewhere behind the reception desk, I could see the play by the time my turn came up. The young lady attempted to run a hardware diagnostic program on my computer but gave up mumbling to herself that a bad order Ethernet cable of theirs was preventing the program from working. When I asked about the ability to see a technician she advised that it was her who I would be dealing with. When I commented that I was disappointed not being able to see a technician she apologized and said I would have to leave the computer for between 12 and fourteen days to have the diagnostic performed.

Recognizing my frustration she said I also had the option of calling their 24 hour helpline to have the same work performed. I left the store and followed up on her recommendation. My first call resulted in speaking to a technician who wasn't even capable of setting up remote access to my computer. With that I requested that my contract be cancelled and that I be refunded. That resulted in being passed to someone in a Sales group who told me that despite my contract providing for a prorated refund, I failed to qualify. Notwithstanding this the person I was dealing with suggested that I try technical support one more time as they were sure that my problem could be addressed.

I went along with the suggestion and worked with an agent who after a few attempts, secured remote access of my computer. All the while I'm thinking that this is the technician who was going to work on my computer. Then, with remote access established, I was told that I would receive an email from someone later in the day to advise what was found on my computer. I questioned the process and asked why I wouldn't remain on the telephone with the technician while my computer was being diagnosed. I was told that that wasn't Geek Squad's process or policy.

With that I asked where the technician who was going to work on my computer actually resided? I expected to be told in another country but to my surprise, the representative said, "in the US somewhere but I'm not sure, probably in their living room." That was it for me, NO MORE GEEK SQUAD. It was an absolute waste of money. PS. Later in the day the Apple people got to the bottom of my problem. It was the Webroot cyber security software that has now been removed.

I spoke with someone named Michael from the Geek Squad. He totally was not helpful in setting up someone to come out that could check my tv as well as repair it if there was a minor issue that did not require parts. He told me that he could get a diagnostic person out that would cost 99.00. That could tell me what was wrong but that even if the problem were just pushing the right button to correct it they could not do that. But would then have to schedule someone else to come out to do that? This guy was totally frustrating and not helpful in any way. I have had wonderful experiences with the Geek Squad in Atlanta, GA.

I dropped my laptop off with the geek squad on Sunday, 3/12/2017. Sunday afternoon a representative called and said we needed a new hard drive. Later that same evening, we received a call that the laptop was fixed and ready for pickup. I cannot understand how Geek Squad can say that my repair is complete??? You called me and indicated that I needed a new hard drive, which I gave my approval. Then you called me and told me it was fixed and ready to pick up. I rescheduled my appointment and left work early on Monday to pick up the laptop you told me was fixed.

Obviously you don't check before notifying the customer, because when I got there, you then tell me the RAM was bad, you don't carry them and will NOT order one for me. It was my responsibility to order a new RAM and come back YET AGAIN for you to actually fix this - and you have the nerve to say my service was completed?? I am out over $300.00 and still have NO working laptop. If anyone ever asks if I would recommend the Geek Squad -- the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Terrible experience. Canceled the protection plan for mine and my mom's phones today. My phone fell and the back cracked (spider web). So I called in and they told me that they don't fix cell phones, they'll just send me a new one. So here what they don't tell you when you purchase the plan. It is NOT FREE of charge. You have to pay the deductible of $100.00 and you get a refurbished phone. NOT NEW!!! My phone is 5 months old... I'm gonna get somebody's broken and fixed phone... God knows how long that will work for. This plan is not worth and all the great things they offer is a lie!!!

Was sold the Geek Squad service contract with the promise they would repair or replace the TV with something as good. They went on and on how if I needed a new TV it would be with something as good as what I had before. What they mean is they will replace it with something as good as long as it is cheaper. They gave me a refund of the discounted price I paid for the TV saying nothing is as good as my TV. They also kept the remaining 3 years of the contract. Geek Squad came out days after the call and pronounced the TV dead and unfixable within 5 min and without opening TV. Had I just paid a real repair person my nice TV would be working for less than this scam contract. ($50 to repair power supply +$100 labor vs $300 I spent for a 5 min visit.)

Now I am forced to buy another TV from Best Buy and either get something worse or spend a lot more on the current version. Huge rip-off. I will never ever use Geek Squad services again and, given the deceitful sales verbiage from the salesperson, the BB cust service, and the replacement dept, I will never again shop Best Buy. I recommend others avoid Best Buy and Geek Squad as well.

In June of 2016 I went to Best Buy to upgrade my iPhone plan. The salesman asked me if I was interested in the Geek Squad protection plan. I asked him if the plan would cover the replacement of my phone immediately should it stop working for any reason aside from me abusing or damaging it myself. He excitedly said, "Yes absolutely, should you have any issue aside from actually running over it with your car" (HIS words), "it will be replaced immediately." So even though the $12.99/month US charge seemed a bit much I thought well it is my business phone/livelihood so I best make this monthly investment.

On Sunday morning Jan. 29th I realized the battery after being plugged in all night was very low, so I decided to go to Best Buy and see what the issue with my 6 month old phone was. Lucky me I had Geek Squad insurance so I thought, "No worries. If it is a problem they will just replace it or at the very least give me a cheap flip phone as a lender to get me through my business week until it is fixed or replaced." WRONG!! Apparently their idea of an immediate replacement is you securing your credit card for in my case $575.00 (which they deducted from my account Immediately) before they send you out a replacement in 3-5 business days from (not your store of purchase) some warehouse in from what I could see BC, Canada. So because of no other choice of getting a phone IMMEDIATELY replaced I had to do just that.

The GS representative I spoke with on the Best Buy store phone told me that my replacement would be shipped out on Monday Jan. 30th (next day) and should receive tracking information that day at some point. Feb. 1 am I called to ask for the tracking info, and for some reason that was not available to me, but was told, 'No worries. You should have it by tomorrow Feb. 2 or 3rd. I called on the 2nd to ask for tracking info again and was given the runaround and unable to give me that info. Finally a while later after that I finally got an email with tracking, and lo and behold I realized that the reason I was not given tracking on the date it was suppose to be shipped Jan. 30th was because it was NOT SHIPPED until 7:42 pm on Feb. 1st.

So after yet another lie I panicked and called again asking, "WHEN will my device be here? This is a business phone and this is unacceptable!" No apologies just a scripted answer as it will arrive in 3-5 business days. Friday Feb 3 was suppose to be the original day 5. Well that is if it had actually be sent on the 30th...hahaha. I am writing this letter now on business day 6 at 12 noon and still no phone. Day 9 and UPS apparently lost the iPhone so here we go again. Investigation has now started and I am still without a phone. After a few more calls and literally crying on the last call GS agreed to send me a gift certificate via email that would take 2-3 business days. (Seriously an email gift card 2-3 business days, does anyone else see why this is crazy?)

I am a self-employed hairstylist and being without a phone for 2 full business weeks has been crippling to my business, and has given me indescribable anxiety. I am writing this letter in to ensure that I can somehow help someone else from having this scam happen to them. It is my only phone therefore if it wasn't for the fact a family member let me borrow theirs I would have no way to even call a firetruck if needed. If you have any doubts of my story please read the customer reviews online about Geek Squad protection. (I only wish I had done that.) Horrible experiences far outweigh any good. In fact The Consumers Report was giving it a very poor rating as of yesterday.

Bottom line I will never step foot in a Best Buy again because as far as I am concerned they are as at fault as the Geek Squad protection plan they upsell to customers. They are not at all forthcoming on what you have to do to get the so-called protection you have been so dearly paying for for months. I am not one to air my problems on social media or otherwise but I am so afraid this will happen to someone else. Most people's only phone now is a cell phone. I have lost business but what if someone were to lose a home or a life because they were unable to make a 911 call? If you pay for an insurance to replace your phone immediately, then is it too much to ask for that very thing to be done? Buyer beware! Ask all the questions, read all the fine print, and in my opinion take your chances, and don't buy into these insurance/extended warranty scams. I will never do it again!

P.S. Update on my $575.00 refundable deposit. I finally received it 18 days after they received my defective phone after several phone calls. Longest 3-5 business day refund ever, :(. The excuse this time is their systems were down. Wow what a nightmare for them. Systems down for almost 3 weeks. (Yes that would be sarcasm in my voice.) So thanks again Best Buy and Geek Squad Insurance for your speedy insurance policy. Only 5 weeks of stress... not too bad I guess, :/.

I purposely responded to the constant pop ups to renew my annual MSOffice365 subscription back on 1/31 for the 3/2 renewal. Despite doing that, tonight, 3/1, I was planning to do some last minute work and when going into Word got a popup saying my subscription expired. Spent almost an hour online with an agent to reactivate my renewal, paying over again. He reassured me that the automated payment previously already scheduled for 3/2 would be refunded. I'm sure I will have to follow up on that, too. Very poor renewal process, and very poor service.

I bought a 50 inch LG tv about 2 years ago with Geek Squad protection. Store told me they would exchange it. They could not exchange it because the override would not allow them. They told me to let a Geek Squad tech come out and give me a ra number. The Geek Squad tech came out. Did not test my tv. Ordered a part (which part I do not know because he did not test my tv) and told me he would not give me a ra number. I purchased a lot from Best Buy. I'm going into the store to return every Geek Squad protection plan I have on every item I bought and I'll shop elsewhere.

I purchased insurance thru Best Buy for my cell phone. After a year I had to utilize the insurance. I paid my $150 deductible and received my replacement phone. 2 weeks after receiving the replacement phone it stopped working. The phone would not turn on at all. I call up Geek Squad and file a complaint and they sent out another one free of charge. The phone they sent out was locked and I was unable to use it because Geek Squad failed to do their due diligence and have the phone checked. I called Geek Squad and all they were able to do was tell me that they can send another phone. The fact that I had to lose a day work and am without a phone is not their problem, I was told by one their employees. They refuse to do anything to help compensate for their carelessness. The level of customer service I received from this company is disgusting. It seems to be that their errors are your fault and they refuse to do anything about it.

A guy came out 10 days ago about 1.5 hours after the 4-hour window they gave and said he'd get back to me in two days about setting up a new wireless network w/ extender for 20+ devices. He did not put any info into the system and has disappeared. I have been put on hold and hung up on. Now they say I have to make another appointment for someone to come out again. The woman on the phone was infuriating and contradicted everything the guy that came out said and she either "has no information" or practically accused me of lying. I will never call GEEK SQUAD or buy from BEST BUY again. I've never seen a worse run ruder business.

Needed a radio installed like, pretty easy job, or at least I thought, because the factory radio had already been removed. The lady on the phone tells me $65 is what they charge. Went in and was told it would really be $230. Made appointment on my only day off only to be told that they didn't order all of the necessary parts. Came back a week later. This time they had all of my parts but was told an hour and a half and it took three and a half hours. The guy couldn't get the radio to work.

After getting the radio to work he couldn't get any sound because they were trying to put the wrong wiring harness on my car. Told me they have the correct one in Stock for my factory amp but that it would cost $50 on top of what I was already paying! On top of all of this, I leave the shop only to realize my motorized tilt steering wheel keeps moving up and down by itself, even with the key out! Called them right back and he acted like there was nothing he could do. Said he would call Chrysler in the morning to have their tool scan my car. I never received a call back today and I'm furious! And...my steering controls don't even work!!! Where can I complain?

NEVER RETURN PHONE CALLS for SERVICE. On 1/25/2017, I bought a Brand New Computer and wanted the Geeks to come to my house to set it up. I am 83 yrs old and handicap. I made an appt. which got lost and finally got hold of the gentleman that was to come to my house. Brock at **, nice guy polite and he hook up everything plus printer and fax. I went to use the fax machine the following day did not work. Call back no answer left message many times for the Geeks to call finally got hold of Brock on 2/14/17 said he would get back to me. Still waiting for a call back.

Did call his boss Tom at **. Message said, "Leave a message or text." I do not text so I left message not once but a few times. The last time I called his boss I told him on his machine that I was going to report him if he did not call me I guess he did not care so I reported him. I would hate to say that Best Buy the Geeks take advantage of senior citizens with handicaps but after reading reviews they don't really care who you are. Their service is bad and I would never recommend them to anyone. I don't know how they stay in business.

Gave my laptop to Geek Squad for removal of malware. Geek Squad at Best Buy, Indian River Mall, Vero Beach, FL. explained the malware and asked if this can be removed. "No problem", Geek Squad representative said. Called the problem was fixed. I paid, picked up the laptop and went home. The next day the malware was back (or was never removed). Went back to Best Buy. They said they never return the money even if they are unable to do they promised to do. But, they can try again, I was told. I had the laptop with me and wanted to leave it with the Squad for another clean up. They would not accept it as I would have to make an appointment for a pre-arranged time first. That was a deliberate harassment of the client. What is their problem with taking the computer when I am there and they have time to talk to me as there is nobody else there (so I do not have to make another trip). I already know that they will not succeed. What a nightmare service.

They came to install washer and dryer on 2/2/2017. They said they had the wrong stacking installation kit for stacking dryer. They took our old washer and dryer away. So they said they would try again on 2/4/2017. They could not do it so they said 2/9/2017. SNOW STORM. So they rescheduled for 2/15/2017. I tried to plead with them that we had no appliances. I was told they would change the date to 2/10/2017. It was never rescheduled. I was hung up on twice, finally, there was nothing that can be done. So, I have no washer and dryer for almost 2 weeks. BAD SERVICE CONSIDERATION. And, THEY took the appliances away.

I let you know the awesome by awesome I mean horrible service that I have received by Geek Squad Best Buy. Few weeks before my due date which was scheduled for Feb 3rd c section - I thought it would be a good idea to get my iPhone 5s repaired and working especially when I was paying geek squad insurance on it which is $15 a month. They sent me a NEW phone and said they would hold $565 on my visa and once I return the old phone no questions asked I would get my deposit back... great. I get a new phone in the mail and go to Best Buy to get some help to transfer data. FYI this was two days before my delivery. It took them 3 hours to update the new phone and erase the data from my old. I come home to realize that the new phone is defective as well. The touch screen is not working.

So now a day before my delivery I go to Best Buy to ask for help as I want to keep in touch with my family and the help I got was... "Oh we can give you a phone to use but you will have to put down another $569 plus tax which will be returned to you once you return this phone to us." I kept my cool but the manager was so rude and not helpful. He kept saying he understands my situation. No you don't. I don't think you can ever get pregnant and sweat with hormones all over the place trying to figure out how to keep in touch with family and friends just a day before your delivery date. So with no help and a two hour wait to transfer my data back to my old phone I was back to square one with a $565 hold.

Now I get another phone in the mail after my delivery. I sit and transfer all my data on that phone today when I was feeling okay. Guess what? Even the second phone they sent is defective. I called and the agent told me "I don't understand why they would not send you a new piece." I was like "So you guys send refurbish pieces without checking to your clients who pay $15 a month for iPhone insurance?" He said "Unfortunately we do." OMG. So I'm getting used phones and wasting my time and energy try to update delete and figure out iPhone plus I have a baby to take care of. So now he promises to send me a new phone in the mail.

In total I will be swapping 3 phones and still got a hold of $565 on my visa with geek squad. Not an upgrade nor a compensation was offered to me after the terrible and horrid service I received from Best Buy as well as geek squad. I know it's important to just focus on my baby but I hope you understand I am paying for a service which completely failed me and put me in a situation where I was unable to communicate with my family during the arrival of my first born. The supervisors promised to check the other phone - which is not true. One supervisor promised to call me back and never did. So everyone out there do not waste you money on geek squad insurance 'cause it's a scam and you are not getting what you are paying for. In fact you are getting second hand used products that are REFURBISHED!!

I sent in an iPhone 6 in pristine condition to replace the battery as the battery kept getting low in times. I was told they would replace the battery and send me my phone as it was unlocked. I was then told there was an accidental damage and charged 119 dollars and they sent me a phone (wrong colour to begin with) that was not unlocked. Spoke to numerous people including a Manager and no one was willing to help a customer. Totally disappointed and I will NEVER encourage anyone to take their lousy service. You are better off taking the phone and fixing elsewhere.

Compare Tech Support Services