3.19/5

Looking for a tech support service?

Geek Squad

Looking for a tech support service?

1285 Geek Squad Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We purchased a top of the line Sony 4K TV which came with a soundbar approx 2 years ago. The soundbar worked for approx 6 months, and then stopped working and we recently contacted Geek Squad (who initially installed it) in an attempt to rectify the situation. We started by calling 1-800-433-5778 which was a joke - passed from person to person and after 10 minutes on hold, line went dead. We tried to call the (Burlington, Ontario) store but we couldn't get anyone to pick up in 3 separate attempts. Finally, we drove to store and Geek Squad Rep was easy to deal with and booked us a next day appointment for a home visit.

Jason and Andrew showed up on time, were efficient, professional and had the problem corrected within 30 minutes or so - I particularly appreciated their patience and understanding as they took the time to answer any questions I had. Jason and Andrew are GREAT representatives for the Company and I really hope Best Buy can do something tangible and meaningful for them in the way of recognition. Simply put, they are the reason I will most certainly call Geek Squad next time I require audio/visual/computer assistance.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I took my computer that was knock out due to a lightning strike and to see if it could be fixed but it was fried. What the Geek Squad did do for me is load all my old stuff from my fried computer into a new one I bought there for a good deal I might add. And only charged me $80.00. So with the headache I was looking at without all my info and they got it done in only 2 day. Very impressed. Thank you Geek Squad in Farragut TN for a job well done.

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I had bought a Samsung NU8500 65" Curve TV from Best Buy and I went ahead and bought the extended 5 yr. warranty with it for like 300.00 more and after 7 months of having the TV there popped up a red vertical line on the left side of the TV. So I called Geek Squad and they came over to my home and diagnosed it as a bad display and ordered me a new one so I had to wait another week and a half for it to come in.

They then came back and replaced the display and put the TV back together and after getting it back on the TV mount stand of mine they turned it on and no red line and I have my TV back and everything works. I am glad I had them and I had nothing to worry about knowing the Samsung company covered the warranty and I still have my 5 year warranty as well. Thanks! Geek Squad.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Geek Squad is my best technical help on the internet that I can possibly receive for my money's worth. Be sure and call for Geek Squad service rather than going to online chat line. Best Buy Geek Squad even rebuilt a computer for me and described the parts needed and where to get them. I cannot give thanks enough to a great group of techs. They are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Every time they work on my computer, I learn something from that experience. If I could give better than 5 stars, I would. They are awesome and recommend them to work on any computer.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The Geek Squad has been helping us do some electronics work in Vero Beach FL. We had a lot of work to be done initially and 3 workers came and did the work. All of whom were very professional and hard working. This last time we had 1 thing to get done and 1 person came, he again was excellent at this job and friendly and respectful. These days that is HARD to find! He actually cared if the job was done right and we were happy with it. We became members for a year so most things are $49.99 per service (normal TV wall install $149). If you need more than a few things done, I highly recommend the fee for becoming a member (I think $189?) It's been well worth it for us. I'm not a person who does reviews much, but felt so good about this I just had to comment. If you need work done in Vero Beach call Best Buy and ask for Francis (Frank), he's the best!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I have been paying for them 4 years then with the first issue with my device they want to charge me. They are using the original device warranty then will let you pay again after that. Don't waste your money. If I saved what I paid for then I would buy a new device now.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

First of all I did not go through with the service. I have been trying to boot my new PC Build's operating system however I was having trouble doing so using the Bootcamp Assistant on my Mac. I asked him to do that for me and he said I had to have a key. I already bought the key and then he told me because I had a key that the service wouldn't be free. I said of course I know I was expecting it to be $20 at the max to do the simple and FREE (Free if you had another Windows system) task at hand. He told no it would be more over around $100+ dollars. I said thanks for the no help and later went to a cousin's house and did the process COMPLETELY FREE. He also booted my PC and stared at it after I told him it does not have an operating system. Like what did you expect. The experience from this guy was untrustworthy and would not look for any assistance from these people and their completely asinine rates.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

We have had Geek Squad out 5 times. The last two times, they sent A&E Factory Service. The guy who came took one look at my washer and said it cannot be repaired but would not give me a written notice. He was very ugly to me. Would not look me in the eye. Then he wrote down I had overloaded the washer and it was my fault. He never touched the washer. Then Geek Squad says they have to send another repairman out for a second opinion. They had already told me if it was the same problem again, my washer would qualify as a lemon. But the repairman chose to be disrespectful and lie for some reason, and refused to give me something in writing that it could not be fixed. I am done with Best Buy!! Elite member 7 years now. No more!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I purchased a Ring doorbell and cameras. Install for the doorbell was to be today 12-4pm. I started calling at 3pm to confirm they were coming. I held for 12 minutes and was hung up on when someone finally answered. Called back and was transferred 3 times, each time the person telling me the next person could help me which none of them could and I was told I was in the wrong department, even though the install was through Geek Squad and I was on the phone with Geek Squad. They told me I had to go through Home Theater. Why? I have no idea.

I initially was transferred to existing orders, then installations, then the Geek Squad and then told I had to speak to Home Theater. After another 20 minutes on hold I just hung up. A total of 1 hour on the phone with no one to help me. I will be returning the $800 worth of product to the store and cancelling the next install for Friday. Best Buy at one time was the best in the business, now they are just horrible customer service. Will never purchase from them again.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I have ASUS Zenbook and I gave it to Geek Squad as one of the hinges is wobbling. I got my laptop back in the wrong condition. They bent my laptop on the right side. When I try to close the laptop, I could see a gap between screen and keypad. Next, to one of the hinge, the covering of the laptop is popping out. Such a poor service from geek squad, I am totally dissatisfied with the service.

Geek Squad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Run by Best Buy, Geek Squad is probably the best known and most highly regarded computer help service.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

• Best for: Individuals