Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.25/5
Based on 1,530 ratings submitted in the last year

Geek Squad Reviews

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I received excellent customer service from Geek Squad. I was having trouble getting my iPhone to connect to my PC for picture download. They gave me several tips and then offered for me to bring my equipment in, so that they could troubleshoot the problems I was having. I appreciate the Geek Squad in Garland Texas so much. Everyone was kind and wonderful and it was an extremely busy day.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We purchased a top of the line Sony 4K TV which came with a soundbar approx 2 years ago. The soundbar worked for approx 6 months, and then stopped working and we recently contacted Geek Squad (who initially installed it) in an attempt to rectify the situation. We started by calling 1-800-433-5778 which was a joke - passed from person to person and after 10 minutes on hold, line went dead. We tried to call the (Burlington, Ontario) store but we couldn't get anyone to pick up in 3 separate attempts. Finally, we drove to store and Geek Squad Rep was easy to deal with and booked us a next day appointment for a home visit.

Jason and Andrew showed up on time, were efficient, professional and had the problem corrected within 30 minutes or so - I particularly appreciated their patience and understanding as they took the time to answer any questions I had. Jason and Andrew are GREAT representatives for the Company and I really hope Best Buy can do something tangible and meaningful for them in the way of recognition. Simply put, they are the reason I will most certainly call Geek Squad next time I require audio/visual/computer assistance.

Get expert buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I took my computer that was knock out due to a lightning strike and to see if it could be fixed but it was fried. What the Geek Squad did do for me is load all my old stuff from my fried computer into a new one I bought there for a good deal I might add. And only charged me $80.00. So with the headache I was looking at without all my info and they got it done in only 2 day. Very impressed. Thank you Geek Squad in Farragut TN for a job well done.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I had bought a Samsung NU8500 65" Curve TV from Best Buy and I went ahead and bought the extended 5 yr. warranty with it for like 300.00 more and after 7 months of having the TV there popped up a red vertical line on the left side of the TV. So I called Geek Squad and they came over to my home and diagnosed it as a bad display and ordered me a new one so I had to wait another week and a half for it to come in.

They then came back and replaced the display and put the TV back together and after getting it back on the TV mount stand of mine they turned it on and no red line and I have my TV back and everything works. I am glad I had them and I had nothing to worry about knowing the Samsung company covered the warranty and I still have my 5 year warranty as well. Thanks! Geek Squad.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Geek Squad is my best technical help on the internet that I can possibly receive for my money's worth. Be sure and call for Geek Squad service rather than going to online chat line. Best Buy Geek Squad even rebuilt a computer for me and described the parts needed and where to get them. I cannot give thanks enough to a great group of techs. They are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Every time they work on my computer, I learn something from that experience. If I could give better than 5 stars, I would. They are awesome and recommend them to work on any computer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

On Dec 30th I carried my non-working PS4 and it was 13 months old. I waited patiently 3 weeks while they "repaired it." I went to the store to pick it up. Now mind you the service order status site says If they cannot get me my "NEW ITEM" they will replace it. I took it home after being assured it was fixed and the same one. YEAH RIGHT I am so stupid I didn't take a picture of the serial number and have the original box with it. NO IT WASN'T the same one. Not only that but it worked SOMEWHAT for 7 hours and then seemed to overheat, quit working and lost the PS4 software. I take it back today and they smile and say, "All we can do is return it and you will get it back in 21 more days. If that doesn't suit you call the corporate office and see what they can do," as they were chuckling. I thought something's not right here. Well you guess it.

THERE IS NO WAY TO CALL OR CONTACT THE CORPORATE OFFICE. Any place you try to complain is circular back to a nobody who can do nothing for you. All I wanted is for them to get me a replacement OVERNIGHTED for the unit they swapped and stuck me with somebody else's problem. Now mind you I have a 24 month warranty but because it was owned 13 months IT WAS TOO OLD TO REPLACE!!! HUH you sold me an extended warranty and told me if you could not fix mine you would replace it with a new one. That was the sales pitch. Not you would replace my broken one with a broken piece of shoot, that YOU FAILED TO EVEN REPAIR BEFORE YOU GAVE IT TO ME!

NO WHERE IN YOUR POLICY DOES IT SAY; NOTICE WE GUARANTEE WE WILL REPLACE YOUR BROKE ONE WITH A NON WORKING PIECE OF SHOOT! IF it says that reproduce the statement on this site, if it doesn't you are selling a fraudulent warantee that you refuse to make right as expediently as possible when you are caught. I know I will never receive my PS4 PRO BACK and fixed you gave it away. You tried to bait and switch with a non-working unit.

WHAT I KNOW

1. NO PS4 is beyond repair PERIOD every part in the system is replaceable--the mother board is not available publicly which would be a problem but you said you had that covered.

2. There is a connotation implied by your warranty that IF YOU CANNOT REPAIR MY UNIT you will "REPLACE IT" Connoting and implying A NEW or I would accept a CERTIFIED RECONDITIONED ONE OF THE SAME QUALITY. There is a PS4 Pro with heating problem (early model) and a Post heating problem model, which is why I waited to buy mine. Because of the roaring fan and the continuous running fan I assume you gave me a PS4 Pro with the heating problem NOT FIXED AT ALL with probably a fried processor that works till it gets warm.

My number **. Get someone to call me that is not a nobody, preferably a regional service manager. Service number on your fraud unit is **. If you are too dang dishonest to send me a working unit overnight to my address then you will force me to seek relief at the State Consumers Affairs office or the State Insurance Commissioners office. Since it is an insurance policy I expect more than being snubbed and treated like crap because I paid you for something that you never intended on providing me. It states, "Your new device is on backorder. If we can't fulfill your order within 14 days, we'll get you a replacement."

A replacement connotates A WORKING REPLACEMENT the way the policy is sold you are never informed it will be a USED UNIT MUCH LESS A PIECE OF JUNK still broken. In fact they state they will fix your unit or replace it. This is basically Fraud. Why would anyone agree to replace a unit they bought and know the history for a unit that may be years older and worn out as a replacement you buy an extended warranty to either repair or replace a unit with a NEW UNIT comparable to what you bought.

Anyway disclose that fact to people who are being sold the product at the counter and Geek Squad would be out of business because no one is that stupid. By The Way I talked with a lawyer at the Insurance Commissioners Office and he is in agreement "replacement" connotates an implied warranty. Either they owe me MY UNIT BACK REPAIRED OR A BRAND NEW UNIT. Not a junk replacement. Seeing this is on the side of services he advised I file an Consumer protection complaint and see if the State of Georgia will take action for fraudulent activity against Geek Squad.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I got an LG fridge and the ice maker quit on me. They sent out a technician without the parts the first time so I rescheduled. They sent the same technician with everything BUT the part needed. Then it went to adjudication because they said the part was discontinued and that they would have to replace the entire refrigerator but in adjudication, they said that an icemaker is a luxury item and that they wouldn't replace it. THEN they said they could get the part and rescheduled and sent another technician and guess what? They didn't have the part... They have rescheduled again and say they do now, in fact, have the part. I have missed 3 days of work so far with no apology or compensation.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I lost my phone and I call the agency to claim my phone and they did everything, I paid the fees and they said it will be done in 2-5 days. I Waited for a week, still didn't get anything. And then I called them and ask for the status of it and they said they cannot see my thing and it will take another 2-5 business days just to get the info. No phones for 2 weeks still hear from them.. insurance money wasted.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

My computer was running very slow. I called the central Geek Squad number (I couldn't find a number for my local Geek Squad) for repairs. Chris (from Kentucky!) told me that for $39.99 I could drop off my computer for a “tune up”. She said they would defragment it, remove any viruses, and do other things to bring it back to its original speed. I asked her a number of times if this was the only charge. She said it was. She wrote it up and gave me the reference number of **. She also signed me up for an appointment at 10:20 am the next day at my local Geek Squad store (Crossgates Mall, Albany, NY).

The next day I took off two hours from work to go to my appointment. When I arrived Richard booted up my computer, asked what was wrong. I told him it was really slow, and he said it would be $150 to fix! I told him Chris told me it would only be $39.99, and he said, “well that’s wrong. It’s $150.” I left the Geek Squad counter and spoke with manager Joanna. I gave her my reference ticket number and she left to look it up. She came back saying she could find no ticket number matching mine, that the format for the number wasn’t even one she recognized, and that the price I was quoted was wrong. She said $39.99 gets you a 15 minute sit down with a tech to merely ask questions. This is a classic example of “bait and switch,” which is illegal. I'll never go back to Geek Squad nor Best Buy again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I called countless times to report my dryer and after 40 minutes to an hour on the line they made an appointment for me within a week and the day came they didn't come because they had taken the address and phone number wrong (this happened twice). In conclusion the worst customer service I have seen.

Not sure about Geek Squad?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Tech Support Services for you.

Geek Squad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Run by Best Buy, Geek Squad is probably the best known and most highly regarded computer help service.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

• Best for: Individuals