Geek Squad

Geek Squad

3.6/5 (1205 ratings)

About Geek Squad

Geek Squad Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

On June 14, I checked in a camera with Geeksquad, Bestbuy Meadowlands, NJ. One month later, I tried to get in touch with Bestbuy to find out about the status with no luck. The camera just vanished and nobody knew what happened to it. On July 20, with the intercession of the Better Business Bureau, we received a first resolution proposal: Bestbuy promised an exchange and I agreed. I went to the store, but since they did not have the authorization for the exchange, they could not help me so I just wasted my time. Time passed without news from Bestbuy so I had to purchase a new camera with my own funds.

On September 14, we received a second proposal where Bestbuy informed me they had issued a refund of $2991.89 on 9/8/21. I inquired how the payment had been issued to which I received no response. I did not received the refund. On November 16, a third resolution had been proposed where Bestbuy now stated I could receive a store credit. I do NOT agree to this resolution. First of all, I do not believe Bestbuy has the right to retract a resolution that had been agreed upon by BOTH parties. Secondly, I already had to replace my camera long time ago and I have no desire to ever set foot in a Bestbuy store again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Geek Squad charged my Discover card $210.19 for yearly support. Called to cancel this since I did not authorize. They said connected to Webroot, which was supposed to be free, not knowing that was attached. Really, like I need their support for $210.19 a year. I already bought 3-5 year warranty on all my appliances I bought with them. Got the free Webroot to go with the appliances. Well, now they only want to give me $171 back. I'm done with these shady people!! I'm sure I'm not the only one that unknowingly got sucked into this one....

Get buying tips about Tech Support Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

My worst experience was with Geek Squad via Best buy, they did not give the answer they did not take responsibility. I do not recommend Geek Squad. I just share my experience here to give awareness to the audience.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I pay for the headphone 529. It stop working after one month. I ask to change it. They refuse and obligate me to accept 230 cad from 529 as refund ...scam me. When I bought they told me a full refund then refund 50% and scam me.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

They told me my problem would take 10mins to fix for 100$. If not fixed money back. They couldn't fix my issue. We went on for over a hour. I told the guy that I just wanted my money back and I would bring my pc in store instead of the over phone call support. He didn't want me to, and begged me to wait because he was able to fix it. After 3 days I asked for my money. He tried giving me 30$ of the 100$ I gave. Then he agreed to finally give me 50$. The money never showed up... The next day I got a 500$ charge from "geek support". I never called anyone. The man must have gave all my info to someone or did it himself. He told me that it was my problem, not his. When he was the ONLY person I gave any banking info to... Stay away!!!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Worst experience with Geek Squad service (5800 Britton Pkwy, Dublin, OH 43016). I worked with ** (salesperson), very sweet and always willing to help. Whereas **(Geek Squad) worst guy in the whole planet. Zero customer service. I will never work with Geek Squad. I do not recommend the Geek Squad especially **. Don't work with him. Worst person.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

When my Dell laptop stopped working I called the Best Buy Geek Squad for help. A technician came out to my condo, identified the problem and made an appointment for me to bring it to the nearest Best Buy location to fix it. They fixed it in 24 hours and a technician came back to my condo to reconnect it and make sure it was working correctly. I am in my late 80's and needed the extra help in identifying and solving the problem. The Geek Squad at Best Buy could not have been more helpful.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The personnel at the Best Buy store were decent, the only reason they are getting a star. My laptop was sent to the depot and returned to me the first time not fixed. The staff at the store indicated the measures I had taken to try fix it myself and the depot sent it back after doing exactly what I had already done and that the staff had indicated on his report before sending it to them. The second time the problem was fixed but my touchscreen was not working anymore. The entire process was about six weeks. I’m not sending it to them a third time, for fear of further damage. Just take your device to be fixed elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

WORST. SERVICE. EVER. If I could give negative stars, I certainly would! Two appointments and $216 in lost wages later, I STILL don't have my iPhone battery changed?! On top of everything else, both agents wanted to send it out to Apple even though they had the battery in stock and are an APPLE AUTHORIZED REPAIR PROVIDER. The second agent even sunk so low as to tell me it would be more economical to purchase a brand new phone than to pay for a $50 battery!!! Would love to meet his Economics teacher, I tell ya!!!

Bottom line: They simply did not want to perform the service and wasted my time and money. I will NEVER give my business to Best Buy or Geek Squad again. What I WILL do, however, is send a nice, long letter to Apple Corporate detailing both failed appointments and suggest that they end their affiliation with Geek Squad and Best Buy. Neither has stood up to Apple standards of quality and service. They didn't even try to. Many other reviews indicate the same. I wish I'd taken the time to research before I made the first appointment. I trusted that if Apple authorized them they would meet basic standards. That's a mistake I will never make again!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I paid for a three year protection plan when I purchased my computer, I tried to use it once today after an update glitched in the software. I was on chat for a half hour and finally the operator said he had multiple clients to talk to and couldn't help me. It seems like a waste of time and money to me.

Best Buy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Run by Best Buy and well-known by consumers everywhere, Geek Squad is one of the most popular computer help services available.

• Online and at-home repairs: Geek Squad offers telephone support and in-home repair, which is a helpful feature for clients who find it too difficult to bring a unit to the store.

• Pricing: One-Time online support is very inexpensive, starting at $49.99 for a PC tuneup. The Geek Squad also offers subscription services on a month-to-month basis.

• Short wait times: Consumers can depend on support providers to offer help within a short time, unlike some service providers that have unpredictable wait times.

• Support: Geek Squad was primarily aimed at individuals with tech issues in the past and only recently began offering a la carte services of IT solutions to small businesses.

• Limited capabilities: Geek Squad doesn’t offer many customizable services to meet the needs of big businesses.

Geek Squad Company Information