Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Geek Squad Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

What Geek Squad really is, a disorganized group of underpaid foreign offshore techies. They disconnected me 3 times, got shunted to 6 departments when I asked for a refund. Even when they tried to call me once, their phone system did not work and I could hear them but they could not hear me. The reason for all the calls was that I tried to get a refund for a 39.99 charge for a tuneup that did not resolve the problem. Took it to Boxaid and it was fixed in minutes and Boxaid said they did not nothing. What you get when you don't pay people is people who are better than nothing but not good enough. I spent about 1.5 hours to get a 39.99 refund! And I am still waiting.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I wanted to get a new backup camera installed on my car. However, when I originally tried to call Pep Boys it was outside their range of maintenance. I was very displeased but after looking at Amazon I was recommended to try the Geek Squad. I talked to Joseph and he told me to come in store so they could install it there. It only took 3 minutes and I am very pleased with the help I was given. 5 stars. AMAZING customer service.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

No callback as promised with update on repair. Unable to contact them. Not helpful or friendly at all, no one is able to help on phone. During Covid they say they can only help if come to store. Lack of customer service. They give you a phone number with recorded answer.. "Go to store."

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I had a TV & Exercise Bike delivered and installed in October, 2020. The workers dispatched on the job were not actually from Geek Squad but from a contracted third party called "Installs Inc." There were two workers - both with masks either under their nose or around their chins. One of the two workers was visibly sick - coughing and having difficulty breathing. He blamed his breathing problems on the mask and said if I was concerned to reschedule. Neither were wearing gloves, even though Best Buy's emails reported that gloves were standard for their dispatch employees. I was anxious for them to do the job quickly and leave, receiving no orientation on the new items they installed.

I called Best Buy Geek Squad to report the issue - Case #** and was told Tamaris would return my call. A week later I called for the status on my case and was told there was no update. Two weeks later I called again and the case # had disappeared. To add insult to injury, the pedal on the bicycle was not put on properly and is now falling off. I've tried several times to call about this and so far no one from Best Buy Geek Squad is willing to fix the pedal.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

On October 12, 2020, I contacted Geek Squad because my 50" LG Smart TV, which is still under warranty, would not power on. The LG logo would flash for a split second and then disappear. Geek Squad then set up an appointment for October 16. Geek Squad did not inform me that they would outsource the repair of TV to a third party. The third-party company does not honor the appointments set by Geek Squad. They called me on October 15 and diagnosed the problem over the phone and determined that they needed to replace the motherboard. They needed me to give them the model and serial number of the TV in order to order the part, but I was not able to retrieve that information for them at that time and they are not open on weekends. I called them back on October 19th and gave them the information at which time they told me that they could not give me an appointment before November 11th because they didn't have the part.

I went ahead and purchased the part on my own and had it delivered on October 28. I called the third-company back and asked if they could send someone to install the part, but insisted they couldn't come before 11/11. I was then resolved to replace the motherboard myself as I had done so on an older Vizio TV. However when I researched the process on YouTube, I discovered that the problem was not the motherboard, but a burnt out LED light. When I called Geek Squad and told them this, they assured me that the company they outsource to was competent and that if they said it was the motherboard, it must be the motherboard. Reminder; the third-party company diagnosed the problem over the phone. So November 11th comes, the third-party company shows up, replaces the motherboard, and the TV doesn't work. The repair person informed me that the company would have to review my warranty and see what to do next.

Infuriated, my wife and I called Geek Squad and assured us that an actual Geek Squad rep would come to our house on November 16 to fix the TV. November 16 comes and no one shows up. When we called Geek Squad they said that the third-party company was supposed to come. We insisted on speaking to a manager. Someone else got on the phone and spoke to us but we later discovered that she was not a manager. We were told a manager would call us back. It is now November 17 and we haven't heard from Geek Squad or the third-party company. Best Buy will never receive any business from me again. I even cancelled my order for the new iPhone through them and got it from Target instead because I no longer wish to even step foot in one their stores.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Paying 14.99 per month to supposedly protect your phone sounds like a reasonable idea until you realize what you get, which amounts to sweet &* all. The so called warranty protection means you have to call the Geek Squad - no, the Geek Squad signs you see in the Best Buy stores are NOT there to help with your cellphone warranty in any way, shape or form - and then, after waiting and being disconnected several times, you have the honour of being told your method of phone damage requires you to pay for a new phone, which will then be shipped to you and charged to you, and you can then ship your broken phone back and supposedly be refunded part of the cost. What an absolute joke. Useless and time consuming and a complete misrepresentation about what you are buying. DO NOT BUY THIS.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I purchased a washer and dryer from Best Buy in April of 2018 and got the three years extended warranty from Geek Squad. I called on 10/28 to request a service claim because my washer was leaking and had an error code, 2nd time calling in. They assigned me to a service provider Service Quick who called me to confirm my address and told me I was outside of the service area. I called back GS and informed them who was supposed to assign another provider. I waited for 7 days and no calls, I called back only to be informed that there is no information about my call and no documentation stating I am outside of the service area.

I waited on the phone for over an hour and a half only to be told to call back the next day. They don’t want to replace my washer or even send someone else out to fix it. The notes said I refused the service. I am requesting they pull the calls because these calls are recorded. This should not continue! GS customer service is falsely inputting information to avoid providing the services to customer that they charged for. They should not be able to get away with it. I will continue to call, email and review in as many places as possible to let others know about the scam that Best Buy and GS is running on customers. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I paid for additional Tech support for help transferring files from my old laptop to a new one. I spent 7 hours waiting for them to complete it on Friday 10/23/20. The tech signed off with no notes and no files to be found. I have now spent 7 1/2 hours waiting for a return call after calling back 3 times and finally asking for a supervisor to call me. They told me he would call over an hour ago. No call back! They are total rip-offs who do not provide any type f adequate service for money they charge. I’m steamed! I’m a small business owner and have now been out of business for 2 days going on 3 since I will now still not have a computer tomorrow.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Brought my laptop in for fixing on LCD panel and was taken for a spin. I showed the Geek Squad crew my warranty I have through HP and they told me it was covered and that they were going to ship it and I'll have it back in no time. They sent me an email showing the price to repair but I didn't get my device. I went to pick it up and they had on my receipt that I paid $90 and I didn't pay anything. They told me I owed $402 but I was under the impression that my warranty would cover.

Geek Squad failed at being upfront about their prices. They would not release my computer until the balance was paid. I spoke with the Geek Squad manager which didn't help because all she kept saying was sorry for the miscommunication but sorry didn't get me anywhere. I also spoke with the store manager and he said even though they didn't do their job of telling me upfront that my warranty wasn't explained correctly and kept saying sorry. This was the worst experience I've gotten from Best Buy. I will not be returning to the Allen Park location again in Michigan.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I have had a Geek Squad membership for several years. The few times I have needed them to trouble shoot connection problems or battery replacement they couldn't figure out how to help or what to do. Always polite but seriously incompetent.

Geek Squad Company Information