3.28/5
Based on 1,548 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a tech support service?

Geek Squad

Looking for a tech support service?

Geek Squad Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I purchased an HP a computer and I asked if I can install my brother printer on there as I Need to download drivers. In the the and sales person said yes it would be no problem and proceeded to sell me the Geek Squad just in case to get help with that. I told him I need to go home and install printer and print out for work ASAP. He assured me they would help me even thought my printer was r purchased at Best Buy!! I go him I try to install my computer and it comes up as safe mode so I proceeded to call geek squad and I got hung up on twice with arrogant customer service. Told me I can’t install my printer. I said why. She said "It’s in s mode and we can’t help you with that".

So finally after being very secretive about what I should do with a computer that I was told will will be able to install drivers a and hook my printer up told me and I have to take it to store. So if you buy this HP computer you will not be able to install anything on it as it is locked on s mode. What a lie. The store told me and the lady said she don’t know how to help me as she is a level one tech and I need to talk to a higher level tech but she can’t transfer me because my computers in this s mode. So I proceeded to take it out of S mode and please transfer me now. After many many attempts she finally said "I will and it’s going to be two hour wait". I was already on the phone with them for four hours trying to get the help so This is a rip off in Best Buy.

I will not be a long-term customer anymore. I will be returning this computer tomorrow into the store and tell them they are a joke so do not buy anything. Make sure is not in an s mode!! HP 360 computer stinks is the safety mode and I was told that I could call them and they would walk me through everything and then we have to take it back into the store and I will be returning it and I will be canceling the good for nothing geek squad!! I was hung up on me. They were very arrogant and I don’t know what they’re doing for $200. It’s a rip off!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Purchased a TV from Best Buy online for my elderly father online. Tried to get the delivery and installation done on the same day. Impossible! Spent hours doing trying. Calls seem to be handled by call center agents who have no idea what they are doing. Put on hold multiple times for long periods of time. Even accidentally hung up on multiple times. One agent refused to let me speak to his manager. That same agent wanted a receipt number for the TV which was different from online confirmation number, and which I did not have, in order to book the delivery. Ended up waiting for delivery and then called Geek Squad (apparently a totally different company from Best Buy). This time the agent told me I needed two separate appointments, one for taking my dad's old TV off the mount on the wall and disposing of it and the other for installing the TV. WTF?

Talked to his manager who told me that he had to call me back to book the appointment. He eventually did call back and leave an appointment confirmation number on a voicemail, but not before I asked a handyman friend to install the TV for my dad. Now I am trying to cancel the Geek Squad appointment. On hold for 15 minutes and then agent told me her system was not allowing her to cancel appointment. Said she could send internal email to cancel appointment, but could not guarantee appointment would be cancelled. Ended up transferring me to another agent. On hold 40 minutes before I gave up. Went to www.geeksquad.ca to cancel appointment on chat. Agent told me they are not equipped to do that. Now I have to call back in the morning. What a nightmare. Worst customer service in the world. I highly recommend to never use this company. They clearly don't care about their customers.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

My experience was terrible. My computer was having what should have been a relatively minor repair and I ended up paying for a backup of my files and programs to ensure I didn't lose anything. After my fourth trip to get the same repair completed in under a month, they called to ask if it was ok to wipe the memory of the computer after they backed up the files. Considering that is what I paid for more than a month earlier it came as a surprise that this still hadn't been done.

I was further annoyed by the fact that the password to access the computer had been changed and nobody could provide an answer as to what it now was. It took five more phone calls and a lot of guesswork before I was able to access the computer again. To make matter worse, two programs I paid for on the computer were not backed up and their replacement cost was more than quadruple what Best Buy and Geek Squad cost to make the initial repair. Actually, the cost to replace the programs was more than the computer was even worth. I have never had as poor an experience in the retail market as I have had dealing with Best Buy and Geek Squad. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I purchased a Total Tech Support from Best Buy, less than a year ago. I have attempted to get them to come and service my washer, dryer and oven. Within this year of my plan several times in the store and several times over the phone with Geek Squad they had told me they do not have anyone who travels to my area at this time. It's a scam. I have asked to be reimbursed my $200. Best says they can not reimburse, yet they sold me a service in which technicians have never been available to service my appliances. Take them to small claims court if necessary. This is exactly how you lose people's business. No integrity at all.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I was part of the original PPE warranty from Best Buy. It was amazing ya could prove ya had something wrong with your cell phone and they would do a straight exchange on the spot. In 2017 they notified me they were phasing it out & if I needed to make a claim I needed to do it now. I did. I went from my iPhone 5s to my iPhone 7. At that time they were just rolling out the GSPT. I was told if anything happened to my phone It would keep the value of the phone at the time of purchase (at that time it was $899.99) and I’d get a gift card for it instead of an exchange & I’d be responsible for obtaining my new phone.

Well last week I went to make a claim & I’ve been called a liar, hung up on by Geek Squad & told to visit the store (which btw is closed for the last 2 years). But last night I went to a different store, had the manager pull up my information & by goodnesses I’m right & they still will not honor my claim. They want to give me a refurbished phone & have me pay $699. No way. So buyer beware!!! I’ll be filing a claim with the BBB OVER THIS. I PAY MY $15 every month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I brought a working tower into the Total Tech Support to be cleaned. Picked it up and they told me it no longer works! I brought it working. Very mad! Then I asked to cancel my total tech, I wanted a refund. They said no refunds. I said, “Why would I ever dare bring anything else after you broke my tower.” I want money back. I can’t use this service, I don't want other stuff broke! So now useless for a year. They gave me no money for my tower either! Just wanted it clean, and now I need to buy a new one!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I was basically conned into buying Geek Squad protection for my mobile device. I say conned bc the Best Buy rep lied to me saying I could go in store & have the phone changed, but when I needed to change my phone bc it was no longer working, I made a special trip (1hr drive) to my closest bestbuy just to be told I couldn't do it instore & had to call in & deal with the call centre & have it all done by mail... I also had to put a 700$ deposit on my card every time I changed the phone. Which was about 7x bc they send refurbished phones AND NOT ONE PHONE WORKED. They were all sent back bc of one issue or another. If it wasn't the battery it was the speakers sounding messed up, or the phone would constantly overheat, or sometimes it would act like it had a ghost & open apps on its own.

They do not know how to test their refurbished phones bc each was worse than the last. Even when they send you a faulty screen that cracks when you drop it a foot from the ground with a really good case, they will still charge you a 100$ accidental damage fee. Save your money & buy a new phone with your company instead. Geeksquad is a complete waste of your time & money.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

First thing they never explained protection plan at BEST BUY in Edmonton, Alberta. After 2 YEARS when I already paid around $300 for cellphone protection plan plus $$$ for Screen protector now I have minor crack on my Samsung Galaxy 8+ cell phone and it gets hang some times. I called their customer care @ 1-800-433-5778. Long story short they told me to bring my phone to any BEST BUY location. So I went to the same location I bought my phone from.

The Lady @ GEEK SQUAD told me they can't do it at or from the store so I have to Call GEEK SQUAD @ 1-800-433-5778. AGGGAAAIIIINNNN. She said she can't help me with this. Alright ... then I called the # 1-800-433-5778 AGAIN. Now the lady on phone told me they will charge me around $250 to replace my phone. So I paid 400 $ for protection plan and screen protector and they will charge me 250 $ for another phone. I can easily buy a new plan with free phone with this much money So I am suggesting not to buy this kind of Protection plan from GEEK SQUAD @ BEST BUY. REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE AND WASTE OF MONEY....

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Worst service I have ever had from a company. This place is brutal. I have been on the phone with them 4 times now, every single person wasted 20+ mins of my time and assured me the problem was solved (just trying to get a return shipping label sent to me) and I still don't have my shipping label. I have encountered 3 separate errors on the website which the people at the call center have no answers for. Avoid this entire company at all costs.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Hi, One of the worst experienced with Geek Squad Total tech support and best buy shop. Bought a TV at best buy location (7001 Fayetteville Rd Ste 113, Durham, NC 27713) and later once ceiling speaker were finalized then bought it at another location in (237 Crossroads Blvd, Cary, NC 27518) with total tech support to install Speaker and TV mount on the wall.

After mount the TV when geek squad guy trying to connect that port which has capability to transfer the sound to receiver, was not able to connect and he told me that port was broken you need to replace TV. As I bought the TV from Durham location and service to mount from different location then geek squad said me that you need to visit to Durham location and asked for replacement. When I went there to replace the TV, they directly denied me to return the TV and told me follow up with total tech support.

I bought the TV with Geek squad warranty and when I talked geek squad manager then they exchanged my TV. When I asked to schedule to unmount broken TV and mount the TV then geek squad manager said that you need to pay again if you need to request from Durham location. I was trying to understand does Total tech support also belong to particular location? I drove again to Best buy Cary location to schedule to mount the TV. It was very painful and very unsupportive behavior with best buy and Geek squad.

Geek squad guy used customer ladder to install ceiling speaker, they did not have ladder to reach on 12 feet ceiling. Many fingerprints of geek squad service guys found on the TV screen and moreover geek squad guys left without explain/showing any demo on TV and Ceiling speaker in first time. Very unprofessional way they installed.

So many questions came in my mind after first installed: Why geek squad guy did not connect that port in first time before mount the TV which has capability to transfer the sound to receiver? He was installing all ceiling speaker and mounting TV at same day. Why geek squad guy was insisting to use fire stick for Amazon, youtube? This broken port I caught it when I told that I don't use fire stick due to slowness and I asked to play youtube directly from the TV app then

he said sound will not come into speaker. Then asked why? Then he said there in one port where it will connect it then sound will transfer to receiver.

Now he was trying to connect to that port or may be act like to connect, God know but after this experienced don’t blindly trust on geek squad services. I spent almost more than $10000 within 2-3 months on electronic items from best buy with 'geek squad total tech support' but they treated very badly with customer. Be careful and check your electronic items before they left.

Regards,