3.15/5

Looking for a tech support service?

Geek Squad

Looking for a tech support service?

1283 Geek Squad Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2019

I have been a longtime Geek Squad member who has seen its dismal decline into the pits of customer service over the past two years. They used to be fun and tech driven. Now they are uninformed and down right rude to paying customers. Latest blunder was a Tech who shut down my Webroot Antivirus unbeknownst to me. Two hours after care my computer started showing signs of infection. I called and was block by a front line tech one from talking with a Level two so I had to endure the cue again to get away from the Svengali. Sure enough my Antivirus was off when I finally got through. Since then I have had 10 calls involving hangups on their part when they do not know how to deal with something they caused. They are filled with "I am sorry's for the inconveniences" but they are not. They are very concerned about their evals anything under an 8 is failing they tell me.

Otherwise they could give a crap about your issues even when they cause them by failing to protect your computer. Awful, dishonest, incompetent tech support.... But hey, as they say, "No worries," save your money. Geek Squad absolutely sucks now. You'll only be paying to be verbally abused by pretend computer tech experts who are deflecting onto you hoping that you will not see their ignorance. P.S. The dysfunction starts at the top, Quality management will always rule against the customer and they'll accuse you of not telling the truth. I ask you why would I need to lie when I need to have my computer fix from what they can see they have done in the computer's history? They are ridiculous!!! And they do not keep notes so be prepared to be their secretary as they eat up hours of your life that you will never get back slaving for them to fix your tech issues.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Have you ever wondered what happened to the Keystone Cops? They are now the Geek Squad. They claim to have insurance which is a total fraud... One TV fell off the wall. We were told to call their insurance company. They do not return calls and hang up if you get them. Service contract is not worth the paper it is printed on. Customer Service is a joke. You just get passed from person to person and hope you give up and go away. My advice do not deal with Best Buy or the Geek Squad.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I used Geek Squad years ago and was happy so I recommended my mom use them as well with setting up her new computer. Big mistake! Horrible communication and here was my experience: computer and tech support ($200 for one year!) were purchased 1pm on a Wednesday but I had to drive the 30 minutes back to the store the following evening because I couldn't drop off the computer when I actually purchased it but had to make an appointment to take 10 minutes to drop off the computer the following night. It was dropped off at 5pm on Thursday where it sat on the shelf and no one touched it until Saturday which is odd since I was told it would be ready Saturday morning.

I tried calling over and over and over again and no one answered. I finally called Best Buy at 3pm on Saturday and got someone to go physically get someone at Geek Squad to get on the phone with me who explained he just finished updates but couldn't download Office since I didn't have an account. Why wasn't this asked of me when I dropped the computer off and we could have set it up then so that the computer would be 100% ready to go? So then it got really fun when he said "So you can come in Monday night at 8:40pm to pick up your computer and we'll get Office installed. Monday at 8:40pm?? But it's ready now.... at 3pm on Saturday. But no... I have to schedule yet another appointment to get this picked up. I will be going to other computer service places from now on!

Original review: July 21, 2019

The Geek Protection plan used to be prorated when used. That is no longer the case. I've purchased multiple fitness devices over the last 5 yrs. None have lasted longer than 1 yr, due to various issues. Up until about 1 yr ago I never had to pay for a new plan. At that time I was told that they no longer do a prorate. It had been less than a year with the new Garmin. 9 months later, same thing happened...new Garmin, new plan. Now 6 weeks - yes, 6 WEEKS after receiving a new Garmin and paying for another plan I am told I have to buy ANOTHER new plan! Keep in mind - the plan is approx. 40% of the new Garmin price. And, these devices...Best Buy sends them back to the manufacturer & gets $$ back anyway. Best Buy is really just taking advantage of customers. When they complain about Amazon taking away their business; they need to look internally.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We called the Geek Squad to repair our 65” Vizio TV. We told them on the phone that the infrared sensor was out. We had already done troubleshooting with Vizio. We were told the technician would troubleshoot the problem, give us an estimate to repair and order the parts if we agreed. The technician came and said something was out in the TV and said there was nothing he could do. He said if we were a Geek Member ($200-) the repair would $200- more plus parts. He offered us nothing. He did not even open the TV or tell us what parts we needed. He was here 10 minutes. I was and am furious. Why would I pay $108.24 if they could not order parts. The agent lied. Don’t use the Geek Squad!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Geek Squad refuses to acknowledge that Pixel 2 XL has a design issue, which causes recordings to have a static noise in the background. I got 4 replacement phones from them, and all of them had the same problem. Yet, they refuse me to reimburse me. Do yourself a favour and do not spend your hard-earned money on a Geek Squad plan.

Original review: July 8, 2019

After hundreds of $'s in monthly fees, I needed a fix. Two keys came off the keyboard, I have them, just couldn't snap them back in place. Took the computer to Geek Squad because they said on the phone you can't make appointments. Told at the store in Metrotown, Burnaby, it would be two weeks to fix. It's a 7-minute job that takes them two weeks?!? I had to wait, with my two children, 15 minutes for them to even attend me. After telling me this I said I'll manage with my brand new laptop missing two keys and they gave not a flip, turned heal, and went back to doing nothing. USELESS WASTE OF MONEY, TIME, RESOURCES, PATIENCE AND EFFECTIVENESS!!!!

Original review: July 2, 2019

My computer would not allow my Safari to load and I didn't have a back-up loaded. I called Geek Squad on Sunday, June 30th, for assistance. After being transferred to over 5 people, I finally was walked thru many screens for well over an hour to finally being told someone would need to come out Monday, July 1st. Needless to say, my computer wasn't any better off. I called Apple and they identified it as a malware problem and had it repaired in 30 minutes!! And, being a Mac owner, it didn't cost me a thing! The Geek Squad was going to charge me $199 for fixing it over the phone and another approximately $30 when the tech came to the house.

I called them back on Sunday and cancelled the Monday appointment. I have attempted to call them (a guy called Jason) for the last 2 days. I've called 4 times and was told Jason would call me back in an hour. After being told this 4 times and not receiving a call-back, I called my credit card company to make sure the charge was cancelled with a dispute filed. If you own a Mac, call Apple.

Original review: July 1, 2019

My Order # is **. Here is my tale of shoddy service for my LG washer, after many phone hours and complaints, without even an appointment for service after more than a week: My wife and I bought a high end LG washer and dryer from Best Buy, San Rafael CA in February 2019 and also purchased an extended warranty. On June 23, 2019, the Washer began leaking a lot of water from the bottom so that we couldn’t use it.

The next business day – Monday, June 24 – I called customer care at 888-237-8289 (or 866-258-7379) and was on hold for 25 minutes. Finally got Agent Bob. He tried but could not find an available service person for my area, Greenbrae, CA. The problem apparently was because I had an LG. So he referred me to Best Buy “Special Forces”. Again, on hold for 20-25 minutes. Another Agent – a female, after 10 minutes of trying, - told me that someone would call me with an appointment because Geek Squad could not handle my problem. Later that day I received an e-mail from Best Buy “cancelling” my apt (which was never made).

That same day – Monday - I called Customer Care again because my non existent apt had been cancelled/ on hold again for some time. Finally, get another agent (male) who was very apologetic and after some time told me that Geek Squad or Best Buy Special Forces could not address my problem and that I had to go to the manufacturer, LG, for some reason. I asked to speak to a manager but he told me, after some time on hold, that no one was available and that I had to call Special Forces (which he had originally said couldn’t handle it). I refused without having Agent? Connect me directly with Special Forces. He then again put me on hold and after a few minutes came back on to tell me that Special Forces had agreed to contact a service provider and that I would be contacted with the appointment information (WOW).

The next day Tuesday, someone (Mark?) from Best Buy called and told me that Electric Express Appliances, a local company, would be calling me to make an appointment / I was exhausted but relieved. He said it might be 24-48 hours before they contacted me. He gave me the Special Forces # at 8776-659-5071 and my order # as **. Now it’s Thursday, June 27 and I still haven’t heard from Electric Express. So I call them. After bouncing around, I’m told that they received a work order from Best Buy but that they don’t service LG in my area. I then call Special Forces. On hold for a long time.

So I call Customer Care and get Agent KK. She’s very helpful and even contacts Electric Express but after 10 or so minutes again tells me that Electric Express won’t handle my problem but assured me that Special Forces would call me with an apt. I told her that I wanted to complain and she took a formal complaint over the phone and told me that a supervisor would be calling me.

It’s now Monday July 1. No call from special forces and no contact from a supervisor and, of course, still no apt to fix my washer. Never have I experienced such terrible service. On the phone for several hours. Refused permission to make a complaint. Finally made a complaint but have not heard anything. And, of course, again, still no apt to fix our unusable washer. What a waste of $ for the appliance and for an extended warranty. I will be sending this letter to LG because they should be aware that you are not servicing their units.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Surface Pro would not charge.. It was under warranty so Geek Squad said they would send it out to see what the problem is. It’s been 2 weeks and it is still sitting in some repair center. I will never purchase anything from Best Buy again.

Geek Squad Company Information