Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.19/5
Based on 1,536 ratings submitted in the last year

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Geek Squad Reviews

Original review: March 6, 2020

TV has a very light spot through 1/2 the screen and Best Buy cannot fix not will they replace my Tv. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON GEEK SQUAD OR ANY OTHER EXTENDED WARRANTY WITH BEST BUY. Had to call to get a refund on the rest of my remaining balance of geek squad. Got off work early and all to have them come to my house and “can’t fix”. Such a waste.

Original review: March 5, 2020

They charge you for phones you haven't even had since 2014. They cancel plans. Make it your problem. You update your account they dont add your cards. If they try and suck you into Geek Squad run the other way. All they do is hang up and blame you. I have recordings from it. Well Geek Squad get ready for court.. IM DONE FIGHTING WITH YOU GUYS. IT'S BEEN 2 WEEKS FIGHTING. Please look and check your Bills. Make sure you're up to date.

Original review: March 5, 2020

First I was told it had insurance in Mexico as I was moving. They said yes twice as I renewed the plan. It wasn't true. I paid to ship my phone to two friends. As they couldn't fix it. I paid for replacement and kept paying my monthly plan. In the store they said it had to be done on the phone. And in the phone in the store. They took more than eight months and I never got my replacement. They scammed me. Don't trust them. They just steal your money. Even the last person of Geek Squad that attended me told me to sue them. Also calls last at least a Hour. Don't trash your money.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Geek Squad was fine at first. Until my BitDefender service which is provided by geek squad stopped working which caused my computer to crash. Multiple calls were made to geek squad and they were unable to fix the issue every time.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I needed my phone screen fixed and have never had a repair on my phone in the last 9 months I had it. I got a call 20 minutes after I dropped my phone off saying the screws were stripped and they could not repair the screen due to that issue but take into consideration that the screws were NEVER touched. The tech should not have kept trying due to obviously not having the correct tool therefore they absolutely ruined the phone on their part. I would rather spend the extra money and drive 2 hours to an actual Apple store instead of getting my belongings ruined by the “professionals”.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I received an email saying my contract was up. Payments came out for 3 more months. I called to cancel and asked to be refunded the 3 months (less than $45). I was then given 3 different sets of information (the contract auto renews yearly, which is what the email said - no, it just said it was canceled. The contract is actually four years and I get an email yearly to tell me that - also false. The contract is 3 years, but the email I got showed the renewal that happens at two years -also false. Why would I get a renewal email at 2 years if the contract is 3?). After 20 minutes of arguing on the phone, I finally hung up. Keep your $45 Best Buy, multi-billion dollar company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I purchased two TVs, two sound bars, calibration for both sets and wall mounting plus installation. The Best Buy rep said that I could save money if I bought a Geek Squad membership. He said I could cancel if I didn't like it. But beware! This is not true. It'll cost me $246.00 if I cancel the plan one month in. Doesn't matter if the service wasn't there, nor the inks - I'm on the hook. I wanted to cancel because when I called to get my wireless printer connected the fellow couldn't see my screen on his screen. He said he was going to find out why, and would call me back. He didn't call me back.

Also, when I went to Best Buy to purchase inks for my printer I found out they do not stock the coloured ink for that printer, only black ink. So the claim as a member to get ink at 1/2 price is not so good if they don't sell the ink for your printer. When I talked to the store manager about the misrepresentation I was told, "I'm very sorry." So am I. I was tricked so I pass this on - buyer beware!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

So I had Geek Squad come over to my house this morning to change my lock into a digital one. They weren't able to do it since the new digital lock has a smaller compartment. They suggested me to hire a professional locksmith to do the job. They then reinstalled the original lock back in which they probably messed up because I cannot lock or unlock my door from the outside.... I am now stuck in my own home.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I have multiple Best Buy purchases with the extended Geek Squad warranty, but I’m not leaving a review about appliances. The insane wait time to talk to a human when you actually need help is atrocious and they hang up on you after they ask you to please hold… I was texted from a number I tried to call it, and it’s a SPAM number trying to get me to sign up for a free vacation. Today I was given an 8 hour window for a technician that pulled a no call-no show. I will no longer be shopping at Best Buy, I can go to Home Depot or where ever else. (Most likely cheaper) The aggravation just isn’t worth the cost of admission. Plenty of appliance repair people in my area that I found while waiting...

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

To begin with I am a 70 year old man with limited computer experience. I was told that for $175 the Geek Squad would visit my home [$50 extra] and set up my computer, fix my router problem and even correct my Netflix account. When a Geek showed up [10 days after making appointment.] I was told that to set up my computer system [which I purchased at Best Buy] it was $50 to set up CPU, another $50 to set up printer, and finally another $50 to transfer data to my new computer. When I protested and said I was told ANY AND ALL services would be completed in the SAME visit, I was told EACH item was a service in itself- and an extra $50 each-setting up my computer was $50 for visit plus $150. Plus, even if I was willing to pay that, the Geek only allotted my visit a certain amount of time, so forget the router problem, etc.

As it turned out, he never tested my printer and left, guess what, it didn't work. I returned to Best Buy and demanded a pro-rata deduction of my $175, one year service and was told GEEK SQUAD DOES NOT ISSUE REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON by the Thousand Oaks Store Manager. HIRE SOMEONE ELSE, there's plenty of people who will do these services at your home with recourse if something doesn't work.

Geek Squad Company Information