Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.96/5
Based on 1,145 ratings submitted in the last year

Geek Squad Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: July 3, 2020

Frustrating!! Kept saying laptop was fixed and it was not. Spent nearly 100 hours on phone with geek squad I pay monthly for this service but they do not provide a service??!! One worker was finally able to fix it all in 2 hours after 3 weeks of inept repairs.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Pretty much useless, if you don't need antivirus and cloud service. Especially with BestBuy they find a way out of their offered services and try to get you to buy a new product to a small discount. It's fraud!

Original review: June 30, 2020

I purchased Total Support and made an appointment for several TVs to be installed on May 26, 2020. They overcharged me by $200.00. I was told on May 27th I would get a refund. I continue to call and continue to be told will be refunded but as of June 20, 2020 I have not received a refund.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Geek Squad Cell Phone Insurance is a scam. Here's proof: Purchased Geek Squad insurance for my cell phone at purchase. This insurance costed me a monthly fee of 15.81. I had the insurance since May of 2018 and made a total of 27 payments equaling $426.87. I had to use the insurance because my phone broke so I made a claim. The claim process involved making a deposit for the "new" refurbished device that they shipped out to me and charged me the full device price of $1232. Right now you can purchase a brand new s9 plus at Best Buy (their own store) for $849.95 so not sure where that device price came from as the deposit.

After the deposit I got refunded $1008 with the difference being the deductible of $224. So I paid a total of $224 plus $426.87 which is $650.87 for a refurbished phone. The refurbished phone then started to perform not like a new phone or not like even like my old broken phone. Unfortunately the little problems with it only started to stack up as I used it daily and got passed the 14 day exchange policy that they have. I phoned them to do an exchange not knowing about this 14 days and they said I needed to make another claim. Now if you don't see how much of a scam this is just by the math I'm doing then I don't know how else to word this.

I will be seeing a lawyer to see what my options are here because Geek Squad is running a scam here and gouging customers and I would like them to stop or at least extend their exchange policy to another year, especially when they gave me a faulty device which I didn't find out was faulty until after this 14 day fine print was discovered by a phone call to their customer service. To say this is disappointing and a scam is an understatement and I will be seeking legal action if I don't at least receive another replacement phone for the one that does not work.

Original review: June 25, 2020

The worst customer service ever. I purchased a set of 6 appliances on 05/14. Was told they would be delivered and installed on 06/02. The week before I spent 6 hours on the phone with customer care maybe 5 different calls. Each time I was assured that my appliances would be delivered that I had nothing to worry about. One day before I received a phone call, a text message, and an email saying, "Get ready for your delivery tomorrow." Tomorrow came and they no called and no showed. After I called the Geek Squad they told me they had no idea why my appliance appointment was canceled. I put in a complaint and was contacted by a geek squad case manager which then told me that all of my appliances were not even at the store. The only thing that she could do was to reschedule my appointment.

On 06/10 I received my washer, dryer, and dishwasher. Now here two more weeks later I am home waiting for the delivery of the rest of my that was ordered 05/14 that I was assured was at the store ready to be delivered and would be delivered on 06/24 by this case manager. I talk to this lady a couple of times also received the email, text and phone call saying, "Get ready for your delivery." The first time I uninstalled all of the old appliances they were not going to install the night before. This time I am going to be smart and not uninstall anything until I receive a call from the delivery guys saying they are on their way. On 06/24 I get the call from the delivery guys. Uninstalled microwave range and clean out fridge. Delivery guys get here and tell me that they have no items to deliver for me. Lol yes they came and had none of my items.

I called Monica the case manager and she told me that there were two different deliveries. One for the dryer that had been delivered and installed the previous successful delivery and one for my remaining appliances. She called back about an hour later and then informed me that there was no second delivery crew coming and I would have to cancel my order which means that I would lose my microwave and range and oh yeah the fridge would not be delivered until 07/07. I said, "Well can this order be changed to pick up?" Her response was yes. A few minutes later she informed me that the store was currently closed and I would have to wait to hear back in the morning. lol. Long horrible story short. After taking off work two different times no call no show I still do not have my appliances and have to pay to rent a truck to pick up my appliances. Oh but they offered me a 10 percent discount lol.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I bought a Toshiba Fire TV in July of 2019 from BestBuy via Amazon. It worked great at first. I did not use very much but I loved the apps. I barely watch TV in my bedroom but one day (In October 2019) I wanted to listen to music. The TV would not connect to the Amazon cloud service. I tried everything and nothing worked. I called the support line and they tried a few things to have me to reset the remote. They did not work. I was then told to contact Best Buy’s Geek Squad. I was given a service appointment 2 weeks later. So to save time I will summarize my service experience below from October 2019 thru June 2020.

Service Tech 1 – Technician looked at TV, Ordered several parts (Bluetooth piece and main board). I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.
    Service Tech 2 (same gentle from 1st service apt)- Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again. I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.
    Service Tech 3 - Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again. I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.
    Service Tech 4 - Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again. I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.
    Service Tech 5 - Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again. I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.
    Service Tech 6 - Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again. I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.

Service Tech 7 - Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again BUT also ordered new remote! I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again later the next day.

At this point I requested a manager call me. This TV is clearly a lemon. Although under the factory warranty, BestBuy can only replace parts. Over and over and over….until the warranty runs out. Then I am still without a TV and out of my $200! Smh. Only if YOU BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY will BestBuy replace the TV. This is THE WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I have ever had with an electronic device warranty. For a company to not stand behind their product after purchase is unethical. I will never purchase this brand again! I also must say that BestBuy is the service contractor to repair this TV and it is clear they do not know how. They just order parts and charge Toshiba over and over to cover their Technician fees but that does nothing for the customer.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I've had Best Buy's Total Tech Support - now - for 3 years. I use them more of an insurance policy, if I have an issue, they will help solve. I've used them a few times over the 3 years. Depending on the store or the person you get on the 800#, the service can be great - or just OK. However, whatever you do, don't ask for a receipt when the membership renews! Both times, when it renews it just shows up on my credit card statement. Both times I tried to call for a receipt and you will get a run- around. This year I was determined! So I chatted on line. I made an appointment and visited the store. Both said to call the 800#. So I called the 800# 4 times. The 800# said, is not their job - but they will relay the message to the billing department. Each time I was promised a receipt - by email in 2 days. Never received the email. They blame spam. Or I deleted etc. Always my fault!

This time I finally got hold of the Best Buy executive office for Billing and Invoicing. The admin told me she "...gets this call all the time, but a receipt can not be generated. Yep, it's too bad, but that's the situation." "I can pull a receipt for every other item, but just not this renewal membership." Really?! Shame on this Big Company. More than 2 years of the same issue with no resolution. Your tech squad service is only good if you can actually support the business side!

Original review: June 5, 2020

I had bought fridge with Geek Squad extended warranty in 2014. Now it's not working properly so I called them on 23rd May. They created my case and promised me to send technician in 3-4 days. But no one showed up. So I called them again again on June 04 so Heidi escalate my case and gave me few number of local technician if I can find them earlier anyhow. I tried all number what she gave me and but no one available. I called them today again June 05 and asked for the update on my escalation process. The representative who was assisting me (his name Andrew and employee id: **) told me: "as per escalation result: we will try to get technician for you sooner in the coming days." Why I asked him when. He became paused and said no idea.

I asked him to talk to his manager: first he try to ignore me then he said he was busy. When I pushed him more then he put me on hold for almost 30 min and later he said, "I have to disconnect your call and my manager will call you. My manager have many things to do. He has many cases to solve. He is not looking after your case. He will call you when he will have some time." His manager name is Jonathan.

Original review: May 29, 2020

So, I was mislead by the Sales Rep about what was covered when I purchased my Macbook Pro (and I DID ask)... Apparently accidental damage is NOT covered...at all. The coverage specs are emailed to you (no hard copy), and you have 30 days to back out and after 30 days there are no refunds (even on multi-year coverage). I was also told that a replacement computer is provided when repairs take a certain length of time.. apparently that ALSO depends. The coverage that is "so much better than Apple Care" is not AT ALL.

I went to Best Buy with my concerns (after 2 months of coverage), and they directed me to the Geek Squad call centre. The call centre said that Best Buy (the store that I bought from) should have addressed the concerns. I waited for 1/2 hour+, to have the call dropped, and received clarification on the lack of coverage (and no option to upgrade the coverage).

If I would have gotten the Apple Care and upgraded to Apple Care + (which I could not convert to, as I didn't realize what I had done until after 60 days of coverage), I WOULD have had coverage for my Screen damage, and would have paid a lot less than the $600+ needed to get me 3 month old computer up and running again. Lesson learned, I hope. May this review help others to avoid the same misfortune! The only upside is that I have 3 years coverage (for over $300), but I am expecting the same sub-par service that I have received up until now, SOOO really no upside at all!! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Original review: May 28, 2020

I paid for installation, even though it is simple because I'm old and handicapped by a texting drunk driver. The first time they came, they didn't have the hoses for the washer or dryer. They didn't take out the pieces installed to keep the drums immobile in transit, despite many calls that suggested stupid things from matchbooks to new flooring, the machines and mounts tore themselves up and nearly shook the house down. Finally the guy who came with the proper hoses figured out the problem, they brought me new machines and mounts and they hooked up the wrong dryer hose, which promptly fell off. Finally I got the right dryer hose but they didn't clamp it to the machine, even though they did clamp it in 2 other places, so the house falls off.

Now they say it took me too long to discover (>90 days when they say coverage is for a year). The parole they send out were not professionals. It was more like paw-paw bringing all the grandchildren, wife, etc., so some of them should learn the trade. To that at home! I don't need unnecessary people crowding up my house, distracting the worker, arguing, wearing their pants below their butts, etc.

Geek Squad Company Information