Geek Squad

Geek Squad

3.6/5 (1205 ratings)

About Geek Squad

Geek Squad Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?

Original review: July 3, 2020

Frustrating!! Kept saying laptop was fixed and it was not. Spent nearly 100 hours on phone with geek squad I pay monthly for this service but they do not provide a service??!! One worker was finally able to fix it all in 2 hours after 3 weeks of inept repairs.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Pretty much useless, if you don't need antivirus and cloud service. Especially with BestBuy they find a way out of their offered services and try to get you to buy a new product to a small discount. It's fraud!

Original review: June 30, 2020

I purchased Total Support and made an appointment for several TVs to be installed on May 26, 2020. They overcharged me by $200.00. I was told on May 27th I would get a refund. I continue to call and continue to be told will be refunded but as of June 20, 2020 I have not received a refund.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Geek Squad Cell Phone Insurance is a scam. Here's proof: Purchased Geek Squad insurance for my cell phone at purchase. This insurance costed me a monthly fee of 15.81. I had the insurance since May of 2018 and made a total of 27 payments equaling $426.87. I had to use the insurance because my phone broke so I made a claim. The claim process involved making a deposit for the "new" refurbished device that they shipped out to me and charged me the full device price of $1232. Right now you can purchase a brand new s9 plus at Best Buy (their own store) for $849.95 so not sure where that device price came from as the deposit.

After the deposit I got refunded $1008 with the difference being the deductible of $224. So I paid a total of $224 plus $426.87 which is $650.87 for a refurbished phone. The refurbished phone then started to perform not like a new phone or not like even like my old broken phone. Unfortunately the little problems with it only started to stack up as I used it daily and got passed the 14 day exchange policy that they have. I phoned them to do an exchange not knowing about this 14 days and they said I needed to make another claim. Now if you don't see how much of a scam this is just by the math I'm doing then I don't know how else to word this.

I will be seeing a lawyer to see what my options are here because Geek Squad is running a scam here and gouging customers and I would like them to stop or at least extend their exchange policy to another year, especially when they gave me a faulty device which I didn't find out was faulty until after this 14 day fine print was discovered by a phone call to their customer service. To say this is disappointing and a scam is an understatement and I will be seeking legal action if I don't at least receive another replacement phone for the one that does not work.

Original review: June 25, 2020

The worst customer service ever. I purchased a set of 6 appliances on 05/14. Was told they would be delivered and installed on 06/02. The week before I spent 6 hours on the phone with customer care maybe 5 different calls. Each time I was assured that my appliances would be delivered that I had nothing to worry about. One day before I received a phone call, a text message, and an email saying, "Get ready for your delivery tomorrow." Tomorrow came and they no called and no showed. After I called the Geek Squad they told me they had no idea why my appliance appointment was canceled. I put in a complaint and was contacted by a geek squad case manager which then told me that all of my appliances were not even at the store. The only thing that she could do was to reschedule my appointment.

On 06/10 I received my washer, dryer, and dishwasher. Now here two more weeks later I am home waiting for the delivery of the rest of my that was ordered 05/14 that I was assured was at the store ready to be delivered and would be delivered on 06/24 by this case manager. I talk to this lady a couple of times also received the email, text and phone call saying, "Get ready for your delivery." The first time I uninstalled all of the old appliances they were not going to install the night before. This time I am going to be smart and not uninstall anything until I receive a call from the delivery guys saying they are on their way. On 06/24 I get the call from the delivery guys. Uninstalled microwave range and clean out fridge. Delivery guys get here and tell me that they have no items to deliver for me. Lol yes they came and had none of my items.

I called Monica the case manager and she told me that there were two different deliveries. One for the dryer that had been delivered and installed the previous successful delivery and one for my remaining appliances. She called back about an hour later and then informed me that there was no second delivery crew coming and I would have to cancel my order which means that I would lose my microwave and range and oh yeah the fridge would not be delivered until 07/07. I said, "Well can this order be changed to pick up?" Her response was yes. A few minutes later she informed me that the store was currently closed and I would have to wait to hear back in the morning. lol. Long horrible story short. After taking off work two different times no call no show I still do not have my appliances and have to pay to rent a truck to pick up my appliances. Oh but they offered me a 10 percent discount lol.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I bought a Toshiba Fire TV in July of 2019 from BestBuy via Amazon. It worked great at first. I did not use very much but I loved the apps. I barely watch TV in my bedroom but one day (In October 2019) I wanted to listen to music. The TV would not connect to the Amazon cloud service. I tried everything and nothing worked. I called the support line and they tried a few things to have me to reset the remote. They did not work. I was then told to contact Best Buy’s Geek Squad. I was given a service appointment 2 weeks later. So to save time I will summarize my service experience below from October 2019 thru June 2020.

Service Tech 1 – Technician looked at TV, Ordered several parts (Bluetooth piece and main board). I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.
Service Tech 2 (same gentle from 1st service apt)- Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again. I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.
Service Tech 3 - Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again. I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.
Service Tech 4 - Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again. I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.
Service Tech 5 - Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again. I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.
Service Tech 6 - Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again. I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again.

Service Tech 7 - Confirmed TV was still not working. Ordered same parts again BUT also ordered new remote! I had to wait 2 weeks to get another apt and he came back to install. TV worked that day, then did the same thing again later the next day.

At this point I requested a manager call me. This TV is clearly a lemon. Although under the factory warranty, BestBuy can only replace parts. Over and over and over….until the warranty runs out. Then I am still without a TV and out of my $200! Smh. Only if YOU BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY will BestBuy replace the TV. This is THE WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I have ever had with an electronic device warranty. For a company to not stand behind their product after purchase is unethical. I will never purchase this brand again! I also must say that BestBuy is the service contractor to repair this TV and it is clear they do not know how. They just order parts and charge Toshiba over and over to cover their Technician fees but that does nothing for the customer.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I've had Best Buy's Total Tech Support - now - for 3 years. I use them more of an insurance policy, if I have an issue, they will help solve. I've used them a few times over the 3 years. Depending on the store or the person you get on the 800#, the service can be great - or just OK. However, whatever you do, don't ask for a receipt when the membership renews! Both times, when it renews it just shows up on my credit card statement. Both times I tried to call for a receipt and you will get a run- around. This year I was determined! So I chatted on line. I made an appointment and visited the store. Both said to call the 800#. So I called the 800# 4 times. The 800# said, is not their job - but they will relay the message to the billing department. Each time I was promised a receipt - by email in 2 days. Never received the email. They blame spam. Or I deleted etc. Always my fault!

This time I finally got hold of the Best Buy executive office for Billing and Invoicing. The admin told me she "...gets this call all the time, but a receipt can not be generated. Yep, it's too bad, but that's the situation." "I can pull a receipt for every other item, but just not this renewal membership." Really?! Shame on this Big Company. More than 2 years of the same issue with no resolution. Your tech squad service is only good if you can actually support the business side!

Original review: June 5, 2020

I had bought fridge with Geek Squad extended warranty in 2014. Now it's not working properly so I called them on 23rd May. They created my case and promised me to send technician in 3-4 days. But no one showed up. So I called them again again on June 04 so Heidi escalate my case and gave me few number of local technician if I can find them earlier anyhow. I tried all number what she gave me and but no one available. I called them today again June 05 and asked for the update on my escalation process. The representative who was assisting me (his name Andrew and employee id: **) told me: "as per escalation result: we will try to get technician for you sooner in the coming days." Why I asked him when. He became paused and said no idea.

I asked him to talk to his manager: first he try to ignore me then he said he was busy. When I pushed him more then he put me on hold for almost 30 min and later he said, "I have to disconnect your call and my manager will call you. My manager have many things to do. He has many cases to solve. He is not looking after your case. He will call you when he will have some time." His manager name is Jonathan.

Original review: May 29, 2020

So, I was mislead by the Sales Rep about what was covered when I purchased my Macbook Pro (and I DID ask)... Apparently accidental damage is NOT covered...at all. The coverage specs are emailed to you (no hard copy), and you have 30 days to back out and after 30 days there are no refunds (even on multi-year coverage). I was also told that a replacement computer is provided when repairs take a certain length of time.. apparently that ALSO depends. The coverage that is "so much better than Apple Care" is not AT ALL.

I went to Best Buy with my concerns (after 2 months of coverage), and they directed me to the Geek Squad call centre. The call centre said that Best Buy (the store that I bought from) should have addressed the concerns. I waited for 1/2 hour+, to have the call dropped, and received clarification on the lack of coverage (and no option to upgrade the coverage).

If I would have gotten the Apple Care and upgraded to Apple Care + (which I could not convert to, as I didn't realize what I had done until after 60 days of coverage), I WOULD have had coverage for my Screen damage, and would have paid a lot less than the $600+ needed to get me 3 month old computer up and running again. Lesson learned, I hope. May this review help others to avoid the same misfortune! The only upside is that I have 3 years coverage (for over $300), but I am expecting the same sub-par service that I have received up until now, SOOO really no upside at all!! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Original review: May 28, 2020

I paid for installation, even though it is simple because I'm old and handicapped by a texting drunk driver. The first time they came, they didn't have the hoses for the washer or dryer. They didn't take out the pieces installed to keep the drums immobile in transit, despite many calls that suggested stupid things from matchbooks to new flooring, the machines and mounts tore themselves up and nearly shook the house down. Finally the guy who came with the proper hoses figured out the problem, they brought me new machines and mounts and they hooked up the wrong dryer hose, which promptly fell off. Finally I got the right dryer hose but they didn't clamp it to the machine, even though they did clamp it in 2 other places, so the house falls off.

Now they say it took me too long to discover (>90 days when they say coverage is for a year). The parole they send out were not professionals. It was more like paw-paw bringing all the grandchildren, wife, etc., so some of them should learn the trade. To that at home! I don't need unnecessary people crowding up my house, distracting the worker, arguing, wearing their pants below their butts, etc.

Original review: May 27, 2020

If I could give the Geek Squad less than 1 star it would be about -5 stars. Starting with bad customer service from Ebony B who disconnected the chat, Jason B who kept putting me on hold so that my wait time would reset, Julian who also disconnected the chat because he didn't want to help me figure out why Jason was putting me on hold. Secondly the actual technicians, first this morning when the tech who was trying to fix my Microsoft Office instead, and installed an unlicensed version. Also he never put any notes on the account. Then after 5 hours I got King Arthur who after 5 hours of trying to fix the Microsoft office situation also disconnects and places these notes on the account.

"Hi! Agent King here, it was a pleasure working with you and your computer today. I have fully scanned your computer and found no threats/viruses. After that I successfully tuned up your computer for better performance by cleaning up junk files, doing all necessary updates and applying optimization tweaks to the computer. Also made restore points for future purposes so you'll have back up before and after the services in case you need them. If you have any additional questions or concerns, we are available 24/7/365 at support.geeksquad.com or 1-800-Geek Squad. Agent King Arthur - 5/27/2020." ^^^Notice he doesn't mention anything about the Microsoft Office. So in short I went from a working Microsoft Office at 10 am that just wouldn't update to an unlicensed unusuable version at 10 pm and in between 2 agents who somehow forgot how to make accurate notes.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Beware if you are buying a phone or some form of electronic from Best Buy and they ask you if you want the Geek Squad protection plan. I have been paying for the protection plan for my cell phone for the past almost 3 years. I finally needed a new phone because my current phone is basically kaput, I call them up and they tell me that my plan just expired 3 days ago! Yet they had no problem taking my money. So got hot at the person and asked to speak with a manager, the person put me on hold and after 5 mins came back to tell me that she can help me and honour the extended warranty. 3 days later I receive an iPhone same model as mine, it was a refurbished iPhone with scratches on it. After using it for a couple of hours I had found that the screen was loose at the button of the phone and was making a clicking sound when I pushed on that area.

Called them up and was told that I need to send that phone back for repair and that I will need to wait 5 days without my phone while this takes place. Absolutely ridiculous customer service and the worst part is that either the people in Best Buy don’t know the true policies that they are pushing or they are lying to the customers. Either way I will never spend another cent with this company again! as a previously loyal customer who has spent untold thousands at their stores I would strongly advise against their protection plan. It is not an extended warranty, you are basically buying the product twice at their price so if it needs to be replaced they will give you a crapy refurbished unit and tell you that is all they can do for you because the contract can’t be changed. Not nice to take our money and then not honor the contract themselves.

Original review: April 21, 2020

My phone broke and was told it needs a complete replacement. Tried calling them (during COVID19) about their curbside assistance, they refused to help me, claiming that service is only for pick up products. When I insisted that this is pretty much a pick up order since they won't be fixing my phone, their response was "You would still have to finish up paperwork there and we don't do that." An electronics store with a department branded as the "GEEK SQUAD" couldn't process it online.... Once I realized I'm talking to a parrot that is repeating some BS she was told, I just hung up. Not wasting my time or energy.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Technical Support. Only three weeks after I bought a Dell computer, I started having problems. During the COVID-19 crisis, I was not able to connect with them because of the long wait. I finally had Dell support to fix my computer issues. A big waste of money to buy a contract for them to work on your computer when they can't be available.

Original review: April 12, 2020

I bought my Lenovo Ideapad from one of the Best Buy store in Montreal. When I bought this they activated full coverage protection. $29 per month. System worked tremendous speed. One year after I deactivated that plan. After that I noticed one thing, system started buffering. Till my protection plan, system was worked in superb speed. Now also I am suffering lot.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I've used this Geek Squad location numerous times in the past. While they have always done a passable job, I have always felt the service to be very overpriced for what I get. The job is mostly done, but there are always loose ends that did not get tied up. This means that I am routinely in the store dropping off or picking up my computer. This is the worst part, days without a working machine.

The problem this time, and the final straw, is the repair they completed a couple weeks ago. They upgraded my Windows 7 computer as support has just ended. I did not realize it until just today, but they lost ALL of my reports for work. Multiple folders under documents GONE. DELETED. NOWHERE. I was in deep crap. I called them and they aren't even open. Apparently they are not doing any work during this Covid-19 pandemic problem. They won't even answer the phone. This is ridiculous.

I needed my files back by Monday. I had to start calling around to find someone in an emergency, I came across Secure Remote Support (online computer repair place,) they have physical locations but not near me, had to LOG-IN to my computer remotely. I did not have to take it in. That technician was able to log in remotely un-F geek squads mistake of deleting my folders. Turns out when they installed windows 10 they lost ALL my pictures and document folders and did not restore them to their proper location. With the Coronavirus, I still have to work from home, so I needed someone to do it right now. Even when this pandemic is over and everyone is back to work, I will never go to Geek Squad ever again. Avoid them if you can and try a remote solution. It's quick, and you don't lose the use of your machine for days at a time.

Original review: March 31, 2020

Bought a Surface Pro and accident plan. The surface Won’t charge. Tried to call Geek Squad. Said they can’t touch it because it might have Coronavirus now. Can’t replace it, return it, open a ticket or let anyone else look at it to void their warranty. They will fix it when they feel it is safe again. No offer to refund money, extend warranty plan to make up for time, no offer to refund warranty. My business was running off that Surface Pro and I am in an essential company. I was told by geek squad to buy a new surface and wait to repair that one later. I asked what to do with the surface I bought when he repaired the original. His response was, "Maybe you need 2?" When I said I couldn't believe they wouldn’t stand by their own replacement plan he said “maybe you shouldn’t shop at Best Buy anymore.” Well said Geek Squad Senior Store Supervisor in Sioux Falls South Dakota. I won’t be.

Original review: March 22, 2020

It had all started when i purchased a Macbook Air, the Best Buy worker asked me if i wanted to sign up for Geek Squad membership and I had said no thank you. He did not take no for an answer and went to get his MANAGER to influence my decision. They had kept asking me why I did not want to sign up pushed it on me till I felt super uncomfortable. The only reason I ended up signing up is because they gave me a discount on my macbook and they did not take no for an answer. Before signing the contract I have been clearly told that everything from physical to internal damages get 100% covered for me and that my monthly fee covers it all. I double checked and confirmed this with another best buy location too and they had told me it is true.

Few months later I had a minor manufacturing issue with my macbook air, my internet would keep disconnecting for no reason and I had to fix it. I went to best buy and the geek squad member had told me I had to pay over $100 because the plan I had did not cover my issue.... Are you kidding me? I have been told when I signed up as a member that it would... I left with no help provided for me.

Few weeks later, my laptop developed another minor issue and was not updating software automatically even though I set it up to do so. I went to best buy, again, hoping they could help me with this and the worker had told me that it would be $100 AGAIN because my membership does not cover this issue. I was absolutely furious at this point because I had been misleaded and lied to when I signed up. This contract benefited the geek squad company more than it did for me. I left best buy AGAIN, with no help provided.

I called Geek squad helpline to see if they could help with my laptop issues, the lady said she will transfer me to the correct department. I was put on hold for 30 minutes and finally somebody picked up, I told her my issue and she said that I have been transferred to the WRONG line. I got transferred over AGAIN and I was put on hold for another 2.5 HOURS. I was absolutely frustrated and done with this company, A total of 3 HOURS of my day was wasted being on hold. I had to hang up because 3 hours was a ridiculous amount of time to wait for such a minor issue and the hold music was driving me crazy. These people were so unprofessional and blindly transferring me to the wrong lines back to back. After being on hold for over 3 hours, I ended up with no help, again.

I have proof from my telephone provider and a call history screenshot of being on hold with geek squad line for 3 hours for absolutely NO REASON. When I called back the general line, I asked to talk to the manager, he said that it's not possible that I have been waiting for 3 hours because the wait time should have been maximum 15 MINUTES. what the heck have I been waiting 3 hours for then?  The manager had also said he cannot help me and there is nothing he could do in form of repairs or compensation. He told me that I should go back in person for the help I need and to talk to the best buy manager. after this call with manager, still ended up with no help given.

In conclusion, I am a full-time student with no income and I have been a geek squad member for over a year. I have done my part for this geek squad contract by paying the monthly fees totalling over $300 till now. This company is bouncing me back and fourth and has been misleading me since day one. Want my voice heard, I will be using every form of social media I have to get my message across. I have been manipulated, lied to, and deceived by this company. This company has left the worst taste in my mouth and I cannot express my disappointment and frustration, I dont recommend this company to anybody.

Original review: March 21, 2020

After spending an extra $350 for a Harmony Elite remote to handle our new HD TV and other equipment/services we have had nothing but trouble. The Harmony does not function through a wooden cabinet door despite having an RF capability and assurances from Geek Squad that it would. Integrated A/V and TV or DVD often boots up with no audio. Have replaced one Harmony remote with no improvement. Stick with using as many individual remotes as necessary to handle your system. Geek Squad disconnected home alarm system during installation resulting in service call. Squad leader jokingly advised not using Harmony with expectation of function for components within a cabinet after he advised buying the more expensive Harmony. Junking the entire setup and returning to use of individual system components.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Purchased a warranty with the Geek Squad. Before purchasing the warranty I was fully informed that I would be covered 100%! Called them cause my screen cracked. Geek squad Staff told me that they can send me a box to put my phone in so I can ship it to them. Geek squad staff also told me that I would have to pay a $200 nonrefundable fee. So I’ve been paying them $30 a month for nothing? I’ve given them in total of $400 in total and still want me to pay $200 service fee? This is ridiculous!!! Please people do yourself a favour and NOT PURCHASE THE WARRANTY!! It’s a scam basically..

Original review: March 20, 2020

I took out the Geek Squad insurance on computers and electronics. My husband made an appointment and took our computer and printer in because we couldn't get them to work together (by usb). They fixed it supposedly. Since I am handicapped and ill I didn't try it right away. Today I needed to print and sign and send back an important medical document. The printer wouldn't print out the PDF file (which was one of the problems we particularly mentioned.) It wouldn't work.

I called and left my callback number since the wait was around 50 minutes. They called back. An agent spent a half hour or so connected to my computer doing things I had already tried. At least he was polite. Finally he said he would have to send me to another agent. He took time to talk to the place (in another state I think) and report all he had done and set it up so they would call me back so I wouldn't have to sit at my computer which is difficult because of my handicap. He said they would call in 20 minutes. I wasn't surprised not to get the call for the first hour since wait times were so long. But no one ever called. I will never deal with the Geek Squad again but find a reputable local computer repairman. The Geek Squad doesn't deserve the star I had to give them!

Original review: March 6, 2020

TV has a very light spot through 1/2 the screen and Best Buy cannot fix not will they replace my Tv. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON GEEK SQUAD OR ANY OTHER EXTENDED WARRANTY WITH BEST BUY. Had to call to get a refund on the rest of my remaining balance of geek squad. Got off work early and all to have them come to my house and “can’t fix”. Such a waste.

Original review: March 5, 2020

They charge you for phones you haven't even had since 2014. They cancel plans. Make it your problem. You update your account they dont add your cards. If they try and suck you into Geek Squad run the other way. All they do is hang up and blame you. I have recordings from it. Well Geek Squad get ready for court.. IM DONE FIGHTING WITH YOU GUYS. IT'S BEEN 2 WEEKS FIGHTING. Please look and check your Bills. Make sure you're up to date.

Original review: March 5, 2020

First I was told it had insurance in Mexico as I was moving. They said yes twice as I renewed the plan. It wasn't true. I paid to ship my phone to two friends. As they couldn't fix it. I paid for replacement and kept paying my monthly plan. In the store they said it had to be done on the phone. And in the phone in the store. They took more than eight months and I never got my replacement. They scammed me. Don't trust them. They just steal your money. Even the last person of Geek Squad that attended me told me to sue them. Also calls last at least a Hour. Don't trash your money.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Geek Squad was fine at first. Until my BitDefender service which is provided by geek squad stopped working which caused my computer to crash. Multiple calls were made to geek squad and they were unable to fix the issue every time.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I needed my phone screen fixed and have never had a repair on my phone in the last 9 months I had it. I got a call 20 minutes after I dropped my phone off saying the screws were stripped and they could not repair the screen due to that issue but take into consideration that the screws were NEVER touched. The tech should not have kept trying due to obviously not having the correct tool therefore they absolutely ruined the phone on their part. I would rather spend the extra money and drive 2 hours to an actual Apple store instead of getting my belongings ruined by the “professionals”.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I received an email saying my contract was up. Payments came out for 3 more months. I called to cancel and asked to be refunded the 3 months (less than $45). I was then given 3 different sets of information (the contract auto renews yearly, which is what the email said - no, it just said it was canceled. The contract is actually four years and I get an email yearly to tell me that - also false. The contract is 3 years, but the email I got showed the renewal that happens at two years -also false. Why would I get a renewal email at 2 years if the contract is 3?). After 20 minutes of arguing on the phone, I finally hung up. Keep your $45 Best Buy, multi-billion dollar company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I purchased two TVs, two sound bars, calibration for both sets and wall mounting plus installation. The Best Buy rep said that I could save money if I bought a Geek Squad membership. He said I could cancel if I didn't like it. But beware! This is not true. It'll cost me $246.00 if I cancel the plan one month in. Doesn't matter if the service wasn't there, nor the inks - I'm on the hook. I wanted to cancel because when I called to get my wireless printer connected the fellow couldn't see my screen on his screen. He said he was going to find out why, and would call me back. He didn't call me back.

Also, when I went to Best Buy to purchase inks for my printer I found out they do not stock the coloured ink for that printer, only black ink. So the claim as a member to get ink at 1/2 price is not so good if they don't sell the ink for your printer. When I talked to the store manager about the misrepresentation I was told, "I'm very sorry." So am I. I was tricked so I pass this on - buyer beware!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

So I had Geek Squad come over to my house this morning to change my lock into a digital one. They weren't able to do it since the new digital lock has a smaller compartment. They suggested me to hire a professional locksmith to do the job. They then reinstalled the original lock back in which they probably messed up because I cannot lock or unlock my door from the outside.... I am now stuck in my own home.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I have multiple Best Buy purchases with the extended Geek Squad warranty, but I’m not leaving a review about appliances. The insane wait time to talk to a human when you actually need help is atrocious and they hang up on you after they ask you to please hold… I was texted from a number I tried to call it, and it’s a SPAM number trying to get me to sign up for a free vacation. Today I was given an 8 hour window for a technician that pulled a no call-no show. I will no longer be shopping at Best Buy, I can go to Home Depot or where ever else. (Most likely cheaper) The aggravation just isn’t worth the cost of admission. Plenty of appliance repair people in my area that I found while waiting...

Geek Squad Company Information