2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

belk.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.54/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Belk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

My son & I came in to Belk, located in Hot Springs Ar. looking for wedding guest attire, We had some kind of idea of what to look for, but didn't know the sizes. I needed him to try some of the clothing on, but found he wasn't able to for the fitting rooms being closed. One gentleman I found told me that the rooms were closed & stated we could purchase what we needed & if we needed to bring something back, we could within the 72 hours. I asked if he could be measured because I didn't want to purchase & have to come back. Needless to say I wasn't very polite to Brian G. He handled the situation with respect & was very professional, but as I said, I wasn't a "proper southern woman".

I rang the store later to find out who he was to apologies to him & asked his name so that I may do this review. Brian graciously excepted my apology & even told me he'd help me learn how to tie my sons tie. (His father's never been around & his grandfather isn't here any longer for me to ask & no, I didn't tell him that. He just simply offered to show me.) The way he handled the situation was exactly what I'd expect from any company & went above & beyond to help me in the future. He still got the customer to come back! That's great customer service & a great manager! I'm very appreciative of this gentleman, thank you!

Original review: June 16, 2020

After placing an order of 2 sandals, the price was unbeatable, too good to be true. I happened to see the reviews of this company and the negative reviews made me feel concerned. I got delivered the shoes pretty quickly despite pandemic situations. I paid almost exactly 1/2 of the regular sale prices on the market. (Bare Traps sandals)

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Judy was extremely helpful in assisting me pick a suit separates suit. Involved going back to the rack twice and all this was done while trying to stock racks. I know that the brick and mortar stores have had to cut down on help and open registers, so this specialized help was indeed appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I can always find the clothes I need that will fit my size and style at great prices. The clothes suit the southern woman who is both conservative and feminine. The sales are fantastic and they notify you often so you never miss a sale. If you have their store credit card, you get extra perks. The store is huge and offers not only clothes for the entire family but cosmetics and home goods as well. Only e shopping is also available with store pickup to save on shipping. I always request Belk gift cards when my kids want to treat me.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

It is so amazing when you can walk into a store and feel as though you are surrounded by friends and family. Everyone is so loveable and kind. The departments in the store is very organize and you can find what you are looking for. The store restrooms are very clean. The clearance racks are amazing and awesome. Everyone have a happy face. Someone will approach you and ask you, "Do you need any assistance?" This shopping experience was amazing and I recommend Belks in Williamson NC.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I purchased 3 pair of palazzo pants and was happy with them until I saw that they contain Spandex, which I am allergic to (two pair were listed to be polyester, no mention of spandex--my bad on the 3rd pair). I called and was told I would receive an email label for the return. No email arrived. After about a week, I called again and was told I would receive the return label via email. I'm still waiting after several days. I wonder how many levels these transactions have to go through, or if this is just a way to put me off until I pay for the return myself. And then I can only hope I am reimbursed. My experience so far does make me wonder.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

First of all, I must say that I love Belk. I was so very dissatisfied when I received my order. Found one of my products still had the plastic theft protection thingy attached. I mean come on, the whole point of ordering online was to avoid going to the store. I just so happened to order two of the same product, because I was in great need of its use. Thank goodness one of them was theft protection tag free. I was so disappointed when my $65+ Product was not wearable. I guess I won’t be shopping online with Belk for intimate wear anymore.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I am too livid to type a long review.

1. Items on their site are never as pictured. Always lower quality or look nothing lime it. First time, I got too busy to return the items and ended up having to absorb over $100 in stuff I did not want. Over a $240 bill and most things were disappointing.

2. Ordered again this time when I was desperate for some particular brand of clothes. A Google search brought me back to Belk. I was hesitant but decided to try Belk again as I was desperate.

3. Lace dresses looked like tablecloth when they arrived. Fabric textures and colors were off. The colors of many items didn't look the same.

4. Lots of bait and switch. The stuff I really wanted, I got messages that they were sold out after being available at the time I bought them.

5. Called to do a return on some shirts I ordered. Belk probably employs the lowest IQ people. 20 minutes later and with my order number, receipt, phone number, email, upc of items, they still could not find the order. I had to do the most work to help her find it. I had 2 other returns off a different order. The experience with her was so painful with this first order # that I was too exhausted to do any more with this rep. So I declined to do the others.

6. Finally, we got through it and the rep said a return label would be mailed to me in 15 mins. 2 hours later, still no label. So I called back. Now new person says return label takes 24 to 48 hours. It has been 3 days and still no return label. I searched for FedEx all over my inbox and nothing from them.

Belk is a despicable company and I will never order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I was always afraid of buying shoes "online" but my experiences with Belk have been terrific every time. The advertising of their products is visually appealing. Great job Belk.com.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I received my order from Belk and discovered that the Birkenstock Ebba ankle boots size 38 that were advertisers regular width were actually narrow width, as a result they did not fit. I decided to return those as well as a pair of blue jeans that did not fit. I called Belk on October 7th and was told that they could not process the order return, it had to go to corporate because the boots were too high of an amount $200 for them to process. I was told that corporate would contact me in three to five days. This process and conversation with Belk took an amazing 35 minutes.

It is now October 14th and I have never been contacted by corporate. I just called Belk again and now I am being told that corporate had closed the case although they never called me or emailed me I am now being told that I will receive two separate return slips one for the jeans and one for the pair of boots in two emails in three to five business days. This is ridiculous. They had no problem when I purchased the items, one the boots were misrepresented on the website and I have since found out that these boots are not even made in a regular width as was stated in their item information on their website. Hopefully I will get the emails to get the return labels to return these two items. I will not be ordering from this company again.

Belk Company Information