1.33/5

belk.com

136 Belk Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 30, 2019

Belk has always been my favorite store. No matter the location everyone is always so cheerful and helpful and the selection is always so great and of wide variety. My size is an 11 in pants and a LG in tops and I always find something in my size that looks great and I ALWAYS save tons of money. I even order online some and have never had to send a thing back it came on time and was just as advertised. Belk has constant sales and other opportunities to save money. I buy more than clothes at BELK and never have I had a problem. I am so glad I have 2 nearby! This day and time it is hard to find decent clothing that fits my personality and my budget and Belk never ceases to amaze me!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

My husband and I shopped at the East Dale Mall location in Montgomery, Alabama on 12/14/2018 in the Men's Clothing Department. Tarence was our Associate that assisted us. He did everything he could to make sure we had a great experience. We left there feeling appreciated, satisfied, and welcomed with wanting to give Tarence a shout out. Let him know we said Thank You and Great Job!! :)

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I met Valeria on my first-time walk into the store, she has an amazing personality. She was very helpful to choose the right product for me. She is also a great makeup artist. She has done an amazing job.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I ordered Bandolino Mandie Petite jeans, Size 12 Short in Cabernet Fig and they arrived quickly and in perfect condition. I checked my Visa CC balance and activity, and there were no duplicate or extra charges whatsoever. I'm expecting the second half of my order in a day or two (same pants, in green) and expect them to arrive in perfect shape as well.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I went to pick up a repair from the jewelry counter the Belk in Bristol Tn last week. The counter was a mess, the floor was a mess and there was junk everywhere and the displays were a jumbled mess! The lady I usually deal with was off that week according to the new manager of the department and that this chihuahua was mad at her. She went on and on about how awful this lady was and that she didn't need her help. All she could talk about was how the previous manager who I also know Sandra wasn't smart enough to run a department right, and a nice lady she was making fights with and she was going on some trip that another customer was paying for and that Belk better let her go and how this lady Pat was always buying her expensive bags, trips, etc.

When I tried to tell her I would just like to get me repair she proceeded to run this girl into the ground. I found it so unprofessional and unappealing that I simply left afterwards. I cannot believe they would let a manager talk about another employee so badly and since she is the manager of jewelry why she didn't know how to ring up a repair keep her trap shut and simply do as I asked without all the horn blowing! I made the mistake of asking why she was so unhappy. She proceeded to throw her manager Racheal under the bus saying she was getting no support, that her new store manager was an idiot and that when they had hired her they never told her they were making her a manager and that since she had gotten there, every one was quitting.

I have never met anyone so disrespectful so unprofessional and so gossipy in my life! The lady I deal with usually is such a sweetheart, has gone out of her way on more than one occasion for me and has ALWAYS gone above and beyond for me. I had to come back out the next week because MS GOSSIP had rung up my purchase incorrectly, and who do I see? My favorite lady Rita with a smile and being her usual helpful self. I mentioned to her what had happened and how concerned I was about the experience and behavior of her manager and she apologized to me! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? This lady was nothing but nice, wouldn't say a mean thing about this chihuahua and then apologized to me for it!

All I can say is this lady has more class in her little finger than that little chihuahua. Sadly the one person who knows more does more and is more all around a nice person and knows how to treat a customer will probably be run out of there. All I know is I will not be shopping at Belk when I see that chihuahua, she is a bad representative for Belk and should not be in charge of anything! She is just a gossip and pretty stupid if you ask me.

The state of jewelry is not improved. It looks terrible and messy Sandra always did a nice job IMHO of keeping that counter organized and Rita has always ALWAYS given the best customer service and help even if it wasn't her department. If this is an indication of where Belk is headed I can understand why good people are leaving and what's left behind is flea market leftovers.

Shame on Belk for not having vetted their people better. It also should be a problem for Belk to have this woman Nina running her mouth and downgrading everyone from her own crew to her bosses. The only person she had anything nice to say about was Pat who is a customer who buys her things. Most companies do not allow their employees to accept gifts or tips from customers for good reasons. However, not Belk! Also, my receipt and my things I bought smelled of smoke from Nina touching them. This made me sick to my stomach on the way home smelling that in the back seat. I had to return those items because I couldn't stand that smell!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Placed an order for a pair of training shoes 2 weeks ago, money was taken out of my account the same day and I still don’t have any shoes. I’ve emailed Belk saying that I haven’t received the shoes and that the only thing I have is the confirmation of the order being placed and that it says the order is in progress. When I go to my account it shows that I don’t have an order so I can’t even track it. If I ever get a refund or the shoes I ordered I’ll never order from the company again! The long and the short of it.... Buyer Beware!!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

If I could give 0 stars I would. Very disappointed with the customer service I received today. So I ordered a pair of Miss Me jeans while receiving 30% off, was later advised they were out of stock and my order was cancelled. When I called was advised a note would be put in my account stating I would be able to call in and order a pair I liked once my size was in stock. Well of course they never got the same type in. Long story short I called in to place an order after finding a pair only to be told I would not receive my promised discount because it must be the same item. There was absolutely no customer service skills involved in the call. I was unable to get my jeans at the price I was promised. I have been a card hold with Belk for a long time. After this I will be taking my money elsewhere!

Original review: July 24, 2019

I placed an order online on July 17. I received confirmation for the order and on July 18 received a notice that 3 of the 4 items had shipped with an expected delivery date of July 23. The next schedule of events is a little lengthy so please bear with me. July 19- left Fedex in Concord, NC and later that day was received at Fedex in Martinsburg, WV. No more tracking info until accepted at postal facility in Stephens City, VA on July 22. 2 hours later- "delivery exception, rerouted to correct delivery address". July 23 shipment info sent to US Postal service. July 23 left Fedex in Martinsburg, WV AGAIN!!! July 23 in transit to Postal Service in Front Royal, VA- which is 10 miles from my house and where any mail to me ships from to our small city post office. Good- right? NOOOOO!!!! At 2:42pm on July 23, there's a new tracking post- In transit to Greensboro, NC!!!

So I called customer service at approx 6:30pm to see why my package was travelling all over 3 states and still couldn't get to me. (Oh- and might I add that the 4th item in my shipment shipped AFTER this package and got to me on July 20?) All customer service could tell me was that it was still scheduled for delivery that day and since the day wasn't over yet, they couldn't do anything. So my logical question was -Ok- 2 things. Is it coming from Fedex or the postal service since both were on the tracking info? They didn't know. Next, if it doesn't come July 23 (which at 630pm I was pretty sure it wouldn't) how do I go about finding out where it is and when it will arrive at my house? The answer I got was that they couldn't do anything until the carrier marked it as delivered and I did not get it.

I wasn't asking for a refund or for them to reissue it- just to help me find out where it was but NOPE!! I asked to speak to a supervisor, was put on hold for SEVERAL minutes (I think she thought I would hang up but at that point that wasn't going to happen) and she basically told me the same thing that the customer service rep said. As I told her - not that she seemed to care- I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!

Original review: July 2, 2019

I've shopped at Belk since I was a child and have had a Belk Rewards card for many years. A couple of years ago, I decided to start paying all of my bills online to save paper and money needed for stamps. This has worked out great for me, and I always pay my bills on time, usually through auto payments. I don't shop at Belk every month, and I hadn't noticed that a year had gone by since I last shopped and paid a bill for Belk. But I bought something in May and again in June. Today, I was completely shocked to receive my July electronic bill saying that I was late on paying the June bill, and I was charged interest and a $25 late fee! But I never received a June bill! I checked through my spam and trash, and nothing was there. I receive emails from Belk several times a week announcing sales, so why didn't they send me a bill?

I called and talked to a nice customer service representative, who explained that if you don't use your account for an extended time, they will stop sending electronic bills, So, in my case, I didn't get a bill until I was overdue. I didn't feel this was right -- how am I supposed to pay a bill if I don't receive it? Other companies don't do business this way. She put me on hold, then came back and said she would have the $25 fee waived, but there was nothing she could do to prevent this from happening again in the future, except I could launch a complaint, which I did to her on the phone, and I'm writing it here. She also said even if I used auto payments (which I do on many bills), there would be the same problem -- if the card isn't used for an extended period, it would affect the auto payments, so a card might not get paid automatically.

There is a software glitch with this payment program, and someone in the IT department needs to address this issue. Customers should receive bills EVERY month when there is a payment due, whether or not the card has been used recently. I don't want to cancel my Belk card because I like our local store, and I like the coupons I receive online. But I did go ahead and cancel two other department store cards that I hardly ever use, thinking they might have the same policy. Just be careful with paperless billing...unless this issue is addressed on the software end, there will be many more people like me unhappily surprised that they are "late" on a bill they never received.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I purchased a pair of shoes on the Belk website. When they arrived, I was surprised that there were two left shoes in the box. I immediately called customer service. They sent me a FedEx label to ship the shoes back. However, when I received an email that the return had been received, they only refunded the price of the shoes. I was not refunded the $9.00 it cost me to have them shipped to my house. I called customer service and they said they don't refund shipping. I still can't believe they made a huge error on the order and they still expect me to pay shipping. I'm very disappointed and won't be shopping at Belk anymore.

Belk Company Information