Belk

Stars Rating

• 2%
  • 97%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?

Reviewed July 6, 2024

On June 29, 2024, I placed an online order for a Tahari two-piece suit. On July 5th, I received a FedEx plastic bag on my porch (see below). I could not believe that a $200 suit was shipped in a plastic bag. Unfortunately, the pants were not included. I contacted Belk's customer service to report the error. I requested an exchange, not a refund. I just wanted the lovely suit I ordered. To my surprise, the exchange/return process requires a waiting period before a return label is emailed. After the label is received, I must return the jacket to the post office or FedEx center, and after the return is processed, the suit I paid for on July 1st will be shipped out. Based on my estimate, I will have my suit in approximately 3 - 4 weeks. Totally unacceptable. I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was placed on hold for 30 minutes. No one came to the line. Absolutely unbelievable. I am being penalized for their shipping error. This is my last Belk purchase.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2024

6/28/24 If I could give Belk’s customer service and online ordering a 0, I would. I have been a loyal Belk customer for more than 20 years. I understand reorganization but customer service three years later is beyond the lowest in my experience. I am referring to online assistance primarily. I been hung up on without call back, transferred back to the automated line when someone didn’t want to assist. Why record the message if no one is listening to improve services? They used to be excellent, but no more.

Belk Rewards are now a facade. The points were automatically applied to my checkout but caused an issue and wouldn’t allow my order to be processed. It seems that every effort is used not to apply the points to your order. Again, I am referring to online. I was transferred to Synchrony to assist. A customer service representative by the name of Shannon said she was placing me on hold, but instead sent me back to the automated line. I guess is their way of punishing a customer they don’t want to deal with. An hour and 4 people later, I GIVE UP!!! You’ve lost a loyal customer! There are too many companies with great customer service to waste time and effort with Belk. I end up feeling upset each time I try to place an order. FRUSTRATING!!!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 22, 2024

Belk cut my credit limit in half even though I never missed a payment and had a low credit limit in first place. They treated me like a crook. I am 67 on my own home and have a great retirement. Will never shop Belk again.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 13, 2024

Do not get a Belk card. If you ever need customer service (which is outsourced) you be told in a nice way that there is nothing they can do for you. After not being happy with the rep on the phone, I sent an email and immediately got one back saying "sorry we couldn't help you". There is nothing that Belk sells that I can't find somewhere else. It is sad that it has come to this as someone who worked at Belk.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

If I could give them zero stars I would. Made an online purchase totaling $105.67. Returned the items for a refund and only received $85.07. Three different people, including the floor manager, in customer support could not explain the $20.60 difference. They told me they don't refund tax and they tax you on your refund, what??? Totally incompetent and a huge rip off.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 2, 2024

I would give it a zero! Avoid at all cost! They outsource their call center to South Africa. There is no customer service whatsoever! I want to return an item, and there's only 30 days to do so, and they charge for the return! This was the first time I needed to return something, and I live out-of-state and not close to any stores but we'll be traveling and close to a store in just over 30 days. They refused several times to accommodate my request or even discuss it. I asked to talk to a manager, and they refused that request too, saying that they are all in meetings... Be warned: this is not a legitimate on-line retailer!

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 26, 2024

Belk used to be quality clothes and the sales were always amazing! I have pants for over 15 years old that I have worn hundreds of times and they still look brand new! I just ordered about 15 items. ALL items are cheap material and horribly made! I am sending back everything but the socks and children’s play dress and kids swimsuit. Most are nothing like the pictures. There are damage. The dress has a belt that was broken! One shirt was turned inside out and looked like it had been in the bottom of someone’s closet for the last year! Three smelled horribly! I will NEVER buy from Belk again! So said the three go to places for quality are Belk, Dillard's and Macy's. All of the quality has reached a level of dismal workmanship. Worst thing of all I ordered them all at once and they come in multiple packages over weeks of time. Then the amounts don’t add up on your credit card!

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Once again I received the wrong item from Belk. This is the third or fourth time this has happened in the last six months. I don't have this problem when I order from Kohl's or Amazon. They need to hire better people.

Reviewed May 24, 2024

This store has changed everything around. You cannot find anything you are looking for and their selection looks like the Amish delegation has sold their wares to Belk. Everything has Ruffles…. Sleeves, hems, etc. and if you happen to find one nice dress, there is only one of it and always in a Small. It has gone downhill faster than a skier on a mountaintop. The place was crowded and only 2 checkouts in the whole store were open with lines 10 people long! I will never shop in that store again. Wasted 1 1/2 hrs of my life that I will never get back!

Reviewed May 17, 2024

The bracelet I ordered was broken when I received it. I called Belk customer service and reported it, twice. I was told that I would be getting a refund for the bracelet. I have yet to receive the refund. I will NEVER order from Belk again!!

Belk Company Information