2. Shopping

belk.com

3.8/5 (291 ratings)

About Belk

Belk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Brought in ring with missing stone, this was 6-19-2021. Finally heard back how much cost would be to fix it. Went in same day, 7-13-2021. Paid repair cost. Today it’s 9-9-2021 and still waiting for my ring. Have gone to store to check, because when I call jewelry department no one ever picks up phone.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Items are a hit or miss regarding quality and sizing. Prices are affordable for the quality. Not all orders delivered on time and some not at all. Customer service is non existent. Part of my order was not delivered at all. Customer service does not answer calls or emails. Store associate attempted to call customer service to find resolution and was unable to reach customer service.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I ordered two products online for curbside pick up and when I got my confirmation email for pick up it was at two different locations, which makes no sense. I called customer service and she had a difficult time even pulling up my order to begin with, she was doubting that I had even ordered the products I told her I ordered because she couldn’t find my invoice. Once she found it she told me that she couldn’t cancel it, I have the option to cancel it on my computer so I asked her if I should and if I would be refunded. She said to go ahead and cancel the order so I did and a message popped up saying that I needed to speak to a customer service representative because I could not cancel my order.

She then said that I couldn’t cancel my order after 15 minutes of ordering, I explain to her that it had only been eight minutes since I ordered it. Then she told me they actually changed the policy and now it’s within five minutes and then after five minutes you cannot cancel the order… Does this not sound like she’s making it up on the fly or what?

She told me to call the individual stores. I called the first store and the man answered and said that he could not help me with my problem and that I needed to call customer service, I explain to him that I had just gotten off the phone with customer service and he explained to me then that the store doesn’t even open until 10 AM and he only answered the phone because he thought it was executive calling. After begging him to help me he then transferred me to a manager and I was on hold for another five minutes before a voicemail came through and I didn’t even get to talk to anyone.

I then called the next-store and the lady told me again to call customer service and I explained how I had called several people before her. She was not much more helpful and said that they didn’t have the authority to transfer products between stores. She said that she could cancel the order and that I could go back online and re-order the product for the same location as the other product. She canceled my order and I had to go back online and order the product to be picked up at the same location as the other item. Long story short I don't understand how this simple fix could not be done and I had to waste my time talking to multiple different people.

Original review: May 4, 2021

My experience was exceptional. I was able to get in and out quickly. Customer service was wonderful. The salesperson was very knowledgeable of the items that I was shopping for. This is by far one of my very best visits to the branch. Look forward to my next shopping experience there.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I’ve had issues with my orders multiple times and they obviously have no interest in correcting anything because all I ever get is automated emails. Nothing is ever done about the problem. The latest problem is they were advertising buy 1, get 2 free and even when I loaded 3 of the exact same articles of clothing the total was incorrect. My local store in Conway, Arkansas gives excellent service but doesn’t always have the articles I like.

Original review: March 11, 2021

When asked WHY do they continue to keep their dressing rooms closed, I got this response; "We are sorry for the inconvenience. Our dressing rooms are not open at the moment. Our goal is to provide the best shopping experience possible while keeping our customers and associates safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re closely following the evolving CDC, state and local guidelines, and continuously adjusting our operations accordingly."

My response to them was this; "This is the most lame response and excuse someone can give. I'm not sure what guidelines you're following, but the rest of this county and state are following the guidelines set by this state!" All other departments stores excluding yours and Walmart have their dressing rooms open and are not going against any CDC guidelines or laws. And they are also "protecting" and keeping their employees safe. This is just pure laziness and you really should be ashamed of yourselves for your actions, especially at the prices you charge in your stores. Macy's dressing rooms open. JCPENNEY dressing rooms open. Nordstrom rooms open. Neiman Marcus rooms open. Dillards rooms open. Bealls rooms open. But Belks remain closed because they think they are following some different CDC guidelines that others aren't. Do you think all these other departments stores are going against state regulations?

Come on!! Take your head out of the sand and stop making excuses. Join the rest of the world and keep up with the times. No wonder why your store is empty, people are taking their business elsewhere! I know that I won't be spending my money there anymore, and I will make sure I'll pass this response from you to everyone I know, including every social media outlet out there including youtube. I remain... All these companies that use the COVID-19 as an excuse for laziness should close their doors for good!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have been a Belk Elite card holder for 20 years. I used to truly enjoy shopping with Belk...no more! Our local store in Knoxville, TN at West Town Mall has been steadily declining for the past couple of years in terms of product quality and availability. It's no wonder the company is in bankruptcy. I have had repeated issues with customer service including one individual in cosmetics that I have had problems with on more than one occasion. Unfortunately there are so few people working I have had to go to her to purchase product in that department and have been mistreated now 3 times. I made the store management aware, they have done nothing and do not care.

I spent an hour of wasted time relating the experience to a customer service representative in their corporate office who promised a call back and some action. That was a month ago and nothing has been done. I have inquired twice with no response. Our local store is understocked, looking like a bargain basement retailer, carpet is dirty, dressing rooms never available, (they actually have caution tape strung across them). No associates to help you or even take a payment. Belk is the local running joke as a retail store in our area.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I was buying men's dress shoes for my grandson to get married in. The salesman seemed upset that he had to walk over to the men's shoes, then he promised me the shoes would be there by Monday, no later than Wednesday the computer showed they had 50 pair in his size (13 W). The wedding was on Friday. I received an email on Wednesday that said shoes will arrive on Friday. My grandson got married in his black athletic shoes. We had the reception on Saturday and again he had to wear his black athletic shoes because Belk did not send the dress shoes. On Monday of the next week the shoes came. I returned them. I had purchased the shoes on my debit card. Belk would only give me a store credit back when I returned the shoes, they could not remove them from my card. I don't shop a lot and I live on a very limited income, I don't need my money lockup on a Belk gift card. Never shop there.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I took back a sweater, blouse and pants after Christmas to exchange them. They would only allow $1.47 for blouse, $1.27 for sweater and $0.16 for the pants. Is this a scam? I ask if they plan to sell them for what they want to give me and was told no. What does that mean? Scam? The pants alone were $52 and they had the same pants but were 35% off, which I thought would be all right, but in my mind 35% off $52 is not $0.16. What has happened to Belk? I have purchased my clothes from them for the last 45 years and never seen anything like this. I WILL NEVER purchase anything from them again!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I ordered a comforter set for $125.00. I washed it three days after I received it and it not only shredding the material, the comforter is completely ruined. Won't lay flat, all bunched up in weird places and the stitching was very strange from the get-go. I emailed them and they needed the order number. I replied with it and a pic of ruined bedding and never heard from them again. It's been 3 days now.

Belk Company Information