belk.com

3.8/5 (284 ratings)

About Belk

Belk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I bought two perfumes on Nov 26. One was shipped and delivered, while the other is still not here after 17 days of their email confirming shipment. When I contacted them today they said: oh, it is coming from a marketplace. I inquired about what it meant, and they said it is people selling products on our website. If you are working like ebay you better have rules and standards like them to ensure quality. I was referred to an unknown "marketplace" to inquire about my missing order, although it was them who sent the shipping confirmation email with an invalid tracking number! This was my first and last time dealing with them. Save your time and money and buy from a credible site that has clear rules.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I ordered a twin sheet set. It took over a month to finally get to me. I returned it as I had already purchased locally since I didn't think it was ever coming. Still I have not received the refund months later. This company is a total rip off. Do not shop with them.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

My wife has been working for Belk for three weeks but they have not officially hired her yet. So, she has not been paid and they can not figure out how to work the hiring process. I told her not to go to work any longer until they figure it out. They are really an incompetent company. Their HR organization has no idea what they are doing.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Brought in ring with missing stone, this was 6-19-2021. Finally heard back how much cost would be to fix it. Went in same day, 7-13-2021. Paid repair cost. Today it’s 9-9-2021 and still waiting for my ring. Have gone to store to check, because when I call jewelry department no one ever picks up phone.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Items are a hit or miss regarding quality and sizing. Prices are affordable for the quality. Not all orders delivered on time and some not at all. Customer service is non existent. Part of my order was not delivered at all. Customer service does not answer calls or emails. Store associate attempted to call customer service to find resolution and was unable to reach customer service.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I ordered two products online for curbside pick up and when I got my confirmation email for pick up it was at two different locations, which makes no sense. I called customer service and she had a difficult time even pulling up my order to begin with, she was doubting that I had even ordered the products I told her I ordered because she couldn’t find my invoice. Once she found it she told me that she couldn’t cancel it, I have the option to cancel it on my computer so I asked her if I should and if I would be refunded. She said to go ahead and cancel the order so I did and a message popped up saying that I needed to speak to a customer service representative because I could not cancel my order.

She then said that I couldn’t cancel my order after 15 minutes of ordering, I explain to her that it had only been eight minutes since I ordered it. Then she told me they actually changed the policy and now it’s within five minutes and then after five minutes you cannot cancel the order… Does this not sound like she’s making it up on the fly or what?

She told me to call the individual stores. I called the first store and the man answered and said that he could not help me with my problem and that I needed to call customer service, I explain to him that I had just gotten off the phone with customer service and he explained to me then that the store doesn’t even open until 10 AM and he only answered the phone because he thought it was executive calling. After begging him to help me he then transferred me to a manager and I was on hold for another five minutes before a voicemail came through and I didn’t even get to talk to anyone.

I then called the next-store and the lady told me again to call customer service and I explained how I had called several people before her. She was not much more helpful and said that they didn’t have the authority to transfer products between stores. She said that she could cancel the order and that I could go back online and re-order the product for the same location as the other product. She canceled my order and I had to go back online and order the product to be picked up at the same location as the other item. Long story short I don't understand how this simple fix could not be done and I had to waste my time talking to multiple different people.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I love Belk. My only complaint is the lack of registers open. I shop after work (6:30PM) and sometimes I walk around to every service station trying to find one open and there's a line. I purchased over $300 in merchandise and the cashier was not the least bit friendly or helpful. Because I was not able to try anything on with the dressing rooms still closed I returned several items two weeks later and that service person was super nice. Some are, some aren't. Unfortunately the store is old and desperately needs updating but being the 2nd to last store in that mall I doubt that's gonna happen.

Original review: May 4, 2021

My experience was exceptional. I was able to get in and out quickly. Customer service was wonderful. The salesperson was very knowledgeable of the items that I was shopping for. This is by far one of my very best visits to the branch. Look forward to my next shopping experience there.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I’ve had issues with my orders multiple times and they obviously have no interest in correcting anything because all I ever get is automated emails. Nothing is ever done about the problem. The latest problem is they were advertising buy 1, get 2 free and even when I loaded 3 of the exact same articles of clothing the total was incorrect. My local store in Conway, Arkansas gives excellent service but doesn’t always have the articles I like.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I have been shopping with the Belk store of Lake City, SC for quite sometime. I was introduced to the Estee Lauder brand last year and have been in love ever since. I was using Aloette for about 4 years prior and lost contact with my rep. So upon mentioning that I was proactive about my skin care, I just felt swooped away! I get regular calls about sales and promotions and get asked about my satisfaction with my recent purchases when I make additional purchases. If there is ever a problem the staff always puts their best effort in correcting any issues and making sure they make it right.

Belk Company Information