belk.com

2.8/5 (504 ratings)

About Belk

Belk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belk?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

Ordered staff member a suit with 2 pairs of slacks. He gave me the sizes. I ordered on 11-11-22 and there apparently was a special sale going on. The slacks were priced at $61.25. The order came on 11-16-22 and staff member tried on the clothes, the coat, a 46 fit, but the slacks were too tight. He instructed me to please order 40 X 32 and return the 36 X 32 slacks. Their return page is not clear about how to exchange, after I got a return slip printed, I simply went to their site to reorder the 40 X 32 slacks, however, the price shown was $175 per pair.

I then called the customer service department to see what I was to do, I was told that because Belk's did not make a mistake on the size order, it was my mistake and I could not exchange at the previous price. So what cost me $122.50 on 11-11-22 was now going to cost $350 and they would not give any consideration. I know the customer is not always right, but I feel they have taken that notion to a new level. We have bought staff members clothes online there before, we won't now.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

They did not deliver my product and on top of that, they are not even refunding my money. Worst customer services, no trackable order number as well. Tired of talking to the customer service reps who do not understand the customer.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Received a fragile product with no packaging whatsoever. The item was delivered in pieces. Called multiple times to customer service and emailed corporate. It’s been two weeks no resolution. It’s obvious based on their actions they don’t care about their customers! Horrible. Will never order from them again.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Belk Pants. Sent the right product but wrong size, two different wrong sizes and when returned they ordered less than half the amount of the cost of the order. I won't be buying from them again and customer service is bad.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I was shipped the wrong size, so I called to have a return shipment label sent to me. I was told that it had been emailed to me, but it didn't happen. I called again same thing. I ended up having to pay $12 for their mistake. I'm never shopping there again. Unless you have a Belk store in your town, shop somewhere else online.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I purchased a pair of https://www.belk.com/br/eastland/?brand=Eastland%C2%AE last night. The money was immediately pulled from card. In the middle of the night my order was canceled with no explanation. Other than it would take up to 7 days to see my refund. I went back to their webpage and the shoes and my size are still reflecting that they have them in stock. I would advise others to not order online unless you interested in wasting and providing them a loan for up to 7 days.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I ordered three shirts on April 15, 2022. One of the shirts I ordered was deleted from my order by Belk before I was able to complete check out? I guessed the one shirt I ordered, and really liked, was no longer available??? I ordered another shirt, added that to my order, and they said "Congratulations, you qualify for free shipping." I printed the screenshot for my records. The next morning I checked my order AND I checked if the deleted shirt was available in my size and it was? I contacted customer service and they said they could not do anything about it because "We fill orders FAST!" Three (3), yes THREE, days later I received an email that my order had been filled and I would receive my order Friday April 22nd by the end of the day via FedEx.

Friday April 22nd came and went. April 23rd I receive a message via text from FedEx that my package will be received by end of day Wednesday April 27th by end of day and that day has come and gone with no package? I contact Belk and they said they have no control once they ship the package and they do not know where it is. I contact FedEx and they said the status is pending and they will text me when they know something more? FedEx does not know if they have possession of the package yet? I looked at my credit card bill and learned that Belk ended up charging me a delivery fee of $10.95 even though my order was well over the $49 threshold which qualifies for free delivery? Conclusions?

I should have found and read all the complaints about Belk before ordering which is my fault. I contacted my credit card company (Chase) and they refunded my card charge and I will not pay Belk anything because they (1) over-billed me which is a Federal Offense, and (2) I was contacted in writing twice about delivery that never happened and now they do not know if or where they "package" is? Like most all of the other reviews, Belk SUCKS and you will PROBABLY have a very bad experience ordering anything online from this poorly run establishment. I will NEVER do business with them again, EVER! -Larry

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Closed account because I didn’t use it enough. I’ve had an account since 2016. I didn’t use it a lot but I did use it. I do use it the other day and the account was closed. They say can always reapply for another account but then I would take a hit on my credit score and say yes. If it is not used after certain time it is closed no matter how long you’ve had the account. I think that’s very bad practice and they should at least notify you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I bought two perfumes on Nov 26. One was shipped and delivered, while the other is still not here after 17 days of their email confirming shipment. When I contacted them today they said: oh, it is coming from a marketplace. I inquired about what it meant, and they said it is people selling products on our website. If you are working like ebay you better have rules and standards like them to ensure quality. I was referred to an unknown "marketplace" to inquire about my missing order, although it was them who sent the shipping confirmation email with an invalid tracking number! This was my first and last time dealing with them. Save your time and money and buy from a credible site that has clear rules.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I ordered a twin sheet set. It took over a month to finally get to me. I returned it as I had already purchased locally since I didn't think it was ever coming. Still I have not received the refund months later. This company is a total rip off. Do not shop with them.

Belk Company Information