3.68/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Ann Taylor

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Ann Taylor Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I love Ann Taylor Loft clothes. I love the timeless cuts, great colors, and high quality materials. In a time in which bulk has outweighed quality, I appreciate the perfection and detail in which each item is stitched.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I like the merchandising practices for women. Always nice products for women who work. The products are known for their quality and resale value later. Upbeat styles for women over 40 is very important.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I like the variety the store offers... clerks are very scarce; I can hardly ever find one, especially if I need assistance in the dressing room... prices are excellent and the quality of clothing is superb.. purchases I make last me for years.

Original review: June 20, 2019

After having to contact their international dept numerous times and being transferred with no response even after 10 mins, I am still trying to chase them down for a refund that Loft customer service confirmed they would process yet still have not after 3 months! They DO NOT pick up their phone after stating they will within 5 minutes. They DO NOT email you back after stating they will respond within 24 hrs. Absolutely appalling service! I even sent in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Ann Taylor/Loft does not even respond to them in time.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I just waited on phone for over 40 minutes to speak to a rep from Ann Taylor. I received an item today that is damaged. I need a prepaid return label. She refused to provide it, refused to transfer me to her supervisor, refused to transfer me to a fellow worker to help me. She refused to give me her employee #, initials, or name. Wants customer to pay for return of damaged merchandise. I will never order from them again. They deserve zero stars if possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ann Taylor?

Original review: May 25, 2019

This was my first time placing an order with Ann Taylor online store. The shipment came late and it was missing an item. The packing list stated 2 items, but only one item was in the package. I immediately wrote an email to customer service. The only thing I have received is an automated reply saying that they will respond as soon as possible. It has been 7 days, and still no response was sent. I get marketing emails from Ann Taylor every single day. What makes it so slow for them to resolve this problem?? Never will shop at Ann Taylor.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I purchased a shirt from Ann Taylor that was too small. I requested an RMA and was told that I would have to pay 7.95. I sent an email complaining about the return cost and Ann Taylor advised that they would send me a prepaid return label which I never received. Therefore, I paid out of pocket to return the item. However, Ann Taylor credited my account for the cost of the skirt minus 7.95 for a pre-paid label that they never sent. In other words, I paid out of pocket to return the item and Ann Taylor deducted another 7.95 for a prepaid label that was supposed to be at their expense as a one time courtesy. I will never shop at Ann Taylor again.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I have been an Ann Taylor client for decades. In February I was charged a $38 late fee. When I called them they said that my payment was done (via their automated payment system) after the cutoff time, which used to be 11:59 pm ET for a long time, and they changed it to 8:00 pm ET. When I asked for a reversal of the late fee since I had paid on the date it was due, the Customer Service agent informed me that I had to wait 18 months for it to be reversed. Wow! I couldn't believe it! I had never heard of such a thing. It left me with a very bad impression.

But still I thought, how could that be possible, so I called again to request the reversal and to give it the benefit of the doubt. And this one agent said that she would reverse it, but she never did. Why would she say that and not comply? I was in disbelief. So I called again, and was told that the late fee wouldn't be reversed and they would charge interest fees on it!! So, needless to say, after decades of being a loyal customer, that did it for me. I paid my bill in full but they lost a long-time loyal customer. There are plenty of other clothing stores and credit cards that will want loyal clients and care about them.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I've had an Ann Taylor card for years, but was late on a $38 monthly charge. I called and a Supervisor waived the late fee and we changed the due date on my card to a date closer to the first of the month when I pay bills. She then explained due to date change I wouldn't owe anything for another month. She assured me that there would be no other late fees due to the date change and I thought everything was fine. Then I got the new bill but they charged me interest even though I wasn't past due.

I called Comenity Bank again, their card customer service and they insisted she read the disclosure that interest would apply. This is not the case. If she had explained that interest would apply by changing my due date, I would have paid the balance due when I was on the phone with her. Why would I call to get a late fee waived and then knowingly go on to pay interest? Also, the representative was rude, kept talking over me and cutting me off. Also, they have shortened the time for returns in store without explaining that to shoppers. It's time to cancel the Ann Taylor Card!! I'll get the rewards on my MasterCard instead!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I made a purchase with a 50% coupon. They sent me two actually. This was because of terrible terrible clerks and their attitude and rudeness towards customers.

When I used the first coupon - I was told I can use on a marked down item as well as even if the item was in store at 40$ off - it would take 50% off my whole total. The first time it DID. When I went to use the second coupon I bought same type of clothes - an item from marked down rack and a pair of jeans that was 40% off. Yet the coupon did not work on this transaction like the first. Same coupon - same stipulations, etc.

Corporate was not interested in dealing with the actual issue. I just got the runaround and then last email said they would not talk to me anymore - will not address any future correspondence. So to avoid dealing with a customer issue - they have decided to just ignore. I guess hoping I will go away. Terrible terrible customer service at ALL levels. Read other reviews and had return issues like they had - got very little for my item even though tags still on and had receipt. Sold online and got more $ than what they were willing to give me. So sad. Their policy stinks.

Ann Taylor Company Information