1.13/5
Based on 185 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

206 Ann Taylor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have tried repeatedly to order from the website using my Ann Taylor store card but get a message saying that the order "cannot be processed at this time." I called AT customer service; they told me to call the credit card. I spoke with the credit card people and they said the problem is not my card - rather, it's an ongoing problem with the website. (I sense that they get a lot of similar complaints since she immediately know what I was talking about.) I have no idea what the website problem is and nobody over there seems to be able to fix it. Strangely, it only affects the AT store card. I was able to order using my Visa card. If I were more cynical I would think they were doing this deliberately so customers wouldn't rack up so many points on the card.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

THE worst experience shopping online. Ordered some amazing items that I was so excited about. Almost forgot about them since I still hadn’t received or had any communication from you over a month later. Looked online and my order was still processing. Sent an email via your website and got some robot email saying the items I ordered were now out of stock. Well of course. They are over a month later! Still waiting for your online team to respond with a real email. Absolutely horrible customer service if you ask me.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2018

When I placed an order for one pair of pants, Ann Taylor hit my bank account 5 separate times for the same purchase amount leaving me with $1.26 in my bank account. I suspect if I had more funds in my checking account, they would have gone for much more. When I called Ann Taylor they told me that it was my mistake, that I must've left my shopping cart, or had an error on my end. I had one submit and one confirmation email from Ann Taylor with the correct amount so I never thought to look for numerous duplicate charges to my bank account. I got off the phone with Ann Taylor feeling violated.

Ann Taylor's customer service told me they would not refund the 4 other single line item charges for 5 to 10 business days. They were rude, dismissive and nasty to me. My bank should have stopped the hit after hit after hit -- numerous identical charges, but they did not. They did, however, reverse the charges on Ann Taylor. This conduct, on the part of Ann Taylor, constitutes fraud. I suspect they did this to thousands of online customers in order to finance a failing clothing business.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Placed a simple order with promo code and rewards numbers. They could not process the order and kept flipping me from the credit side who said everything was fine to customer service who said it wouldn't could through, was told no reason the order can't go through but it doesn't and spent an hour on the phone only to get transferred 5 times with no end result and my rewards in limbo - so disgusted with this company.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Last Tuesday, I decided to purchase 6 items off the Ann Taylor website. It was extremely annoying because I went through the order and entered my credit card details only to be informed that "there was an error completing this request". I did this with several different cards, thinking I was doing something wrong. Each time I kept going through and refilling everything and it took about an hour of my time. I also tried to register to create an account online but it didn't seem to process. Then I contacted the Live Chat function, only to be informed that they're having issues with their website and the best way would be to call them and place my orders individually. So I rang, and the customer agent was very helpful but it's quite annoying to place an order for 6 items over the phone. Then after the order was completed, she told me I would get an email order confirmation so I waited and still, 30 minutes, hadn't received anything.

So I went back to the Live Chat function to ask them to find my order. Turns out they had incorrectly typed in my email address. The agent informed me I would receive it on or before April 2. I still don't know how I would track my package. Today I saw they have this best dressed 75% sale on their dresses, so I tried to order 5 more items. Went through the whole online ordering process again. Still same problems with the credit cards. I am very disappointed that they haven't fixed their website by this point!!! Why even bother sending out promotional sales and discounts if we can't even order online? I am not going to go through and order again via the phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ann Taylor?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Today I placed an order on the Ann Taylor website. After I submitted the order I realized I neglected to change the shipping address to my current address. I looked for a way to quickly cancel my order online but did not find a way. Within 10 minutes after placing the order I called customer service to cancel the order. I was told that the order was already sent to "Processing" and it could not be canceled. However I could place another order for shipment to the correct address and the return the box being shipped to the wrong address when it arrived. There are a few issues with this:

I will have to pay to return the box that is being shipped to the wrong address. There were items in the box that were "no returnable." I just moved to a completely different state across the country and just don't know when or if I'm going to even get the box. This is clearly unacceptable in this day and age. I order clothes online extensively and do not have this issue with any other sites I order from. I usually can cancel the order online or a phone call takes care of it. I write an email to the company and received the same response that I had gotten from the representative on the telephone call. They did not address my issue at all. I have been a long term customer of Ann Taylor but I'm afraid this poor customer service has soured my experience. As soon as I pay my card off from this purchase I will be canceling my account. They have lost a customer!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have been a loyal Ann Taylor customer for years. And when my daughters entered professional fields I continued to purchase clothes for them for birthdays, special occasions and holidays. This year I purchased a number of items for my older daughter in early November. Ann Taylor sent out lots of emails suggesting purchases for Christmas. One item that I bought was too large so my daughter & I headed to the store to return it with the receipt only to be told that we were past the 45 days and the best they could return was the latest sale price. And the store manager was very rude, dumping the return policy on a very nice sales associate that seemed like she'd been in this position a lot lately.

Unbelievable that the store does not extend the return policy during the holidays given they really push shopping in November. I guess gifts need to be opened before Christmas. I see from Wall St. that Ann stores did poorly this year. Not only was the merchandise in most cases not appropriate for professionals, their return policy only benefits them - I guess to help make up for their losses. I will no longer shop at Ann Taylor.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Being 5’11 and wearing a size 8 is rare. On Thanksgiving weekend I order $400 worth of clothes. Only 1/2 got sent. The Loft said the other packages couldn’t be delivered. Which is **. Ann Taylor lost all my business. 8 days later they’ve not refunded my money.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

In June of this year I purchased some clothes from Ann Taylor's store in San Leandro. I paid with my credit card (not Ann Taylor's card Comenity). In late August I received an online billing statement from Comenity Ann Taylor's credit card company, This was the first statement and it showed 32.36 dollars charges. I didn't recognize the charges and immediately contacted Comenity customer services. The customer service lady explained that I bought a sweater for 15 dollars and 17 dollars were added as late payment and that I owe them 32+ dollars.

I was upset and went online to check my bank statement and sure thing I was right. I used my credit card to pay for my purchase. The customer service callous person reported my account to all three credit agencies. This is after I provided Ann Taylor with my bank statement. My credit score went down from 803 to 679. I am so upset with this fraud and callousness of Ann Taylor's customer service and don't know what to do. ALERT. Do not use Comenity Ann Taylor's credit card.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Really bad experience. My order got cancelled while it was still selling online. The person who answered the phone not even mention they would match the price and waive shipping fee as my order has been around $170.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I called Ann Taylor to make an order over the phone. The operator used my previous order to get all my info. I never got an email confirmation and called the 800 number the next day. Amanda ** from Ann Taylor said they used the email of another consumer and sent the email confirmation to that consumer. I asked them to change or delete the email or cancel the order since my name and address and phone number and part of my AMEX card numbers was already sent to a stranger. They said they cannot change or cancel and order and they will CONTINUE to email the stranger concerning my order. They refused to put me on with a supervisor and told me they will train the original operator and send me $20 coupon.

Why do I care what they do with the original operator? That does Not help me that Ann Taylor is continuing to send my info to a stranger. I will never order from them again. I called corporate and they sent my call to a machine. This company is horrible and your info is not safe with them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I had such a horrible experience shopping with Ann Taylor, I feel it's necessary to warn other customers. Recently, I was on anntaylor.com to purchase a couple of gifts. What should have only been around a $100 purchase turned out to be a $412 purchase. Ann Taylor had a technical glitch on their site that added more items to my order than I authorized to purchase.

Of course, I contacted customer service immediately. I was told that their policy it is to not cancel or edit orders. I was directed to return the merchandise once I received it in order to get my money back. I was able to return items, but the sales associate notified me after the transaction that I received a return penalty, which means I wasn't allowed to return any other merchandise for 90 days. In other words, they were forcing me to keep any items that I recently purchased (outside of this online order).

For the last couple of weeks, I've tried to sort this issue out with Ann Taylor to no avail. Why am I being penalized for returning items that I never ordered? I was instructed to return these items in order to get my money back because they don't edit/cancel orders. I was informed that was the only way to resolve the situation. Their claim is that I made excessive returns. How can you claim I've made excessive returns when I HAD TO return items that you incorrectly added to my order? Also, each of those items were returned as separate transactions because they were shipped separately.

Be careful when shopping on their site. They were aware that they were having technical problems on the site as a customer representative told me. But instead of alerting customers or giving them the opportunity to edit or cancel orders that have been affected, they continue to let sales go through so as not to affect their numbers. Talk about shameful. I've already filed a Better Business Bureau report. If you find yourself in a similar situation with any brand I would recommend that you do the same.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I purchased 4 items online on August 20, 2017. My credit card has been charged the full amount. I called three times to find out the status of my order and no one at Ann Taylor. I was unable to cancel the order within 24 hours. I was lied to many times by the staff and supervisor. I called on August 23 and was told by staff that the order has not been processed yet. I was unable to cancel it. When transferred to a supervisor I was told that the order was shipped. He provided me with a UPS tracking number that did not exist. He kept telling me to read the rules online when I asked for the head office number. Maybe they should have managers with knowledge and education working at customer service.

When I called today August 29, the unhelp customer service she indicated the order has not been shipped. I was told by the manager I would receive it by August 30. Today, I was told I had to contact the online department. Ann Taylor is unreliable, unprofessional, they do not know what they are doing and they are definitely committed to customer service. I am absolutely disgusted and will never buy anything at ANN TAYLOR AGAIN!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I accidentally purchased a dress online while trying to calculate the discounts available. I called immediately to cancel the order, but no discount was honored. They said they don't cancel orders and I would I have to wait for the dress to come. They charged my account $138. And later refunded me a small portion after a discount was applied. When I returned the dress because I didn't like it. (Fabric of an old curtain) They had prepaid label that would cost me $7 to send back to them. I tried to return it to the store but Ann Taylor in my area had closed down and loft would take it.

It had been a few week and no refund was made to my account. They kept giving me the same answer over and over again, saying that the amount had been proceed, but made no effort to verify if that was true. My bank finally had to step in and dispute the original charge. I saved all my emails from them stating my bank was who I needed to contact for the deposit. They gave me ridiculous answers and held my money for more than two months now. I am pending an investigation, and plan to report them to the BBB! They abused me and took advantage of my consumership. They are thieves and I will never do business with them again.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I returned several items I had purchased online at the end of June. I used the prepaid smart label included in the package they sent. By the first week in July, tracking still said "status unavailable," so I sent an email to customer service inquiring about the return. No response. On July 19 tracking finally showed that the package had been delivered, so I emailed again asking when I could expect the refund. Again, no response. Since then I have sent seven emails and tweeted them three times but no replies. I am really outraged by the lack of customer service. I will never purchase anything from the store again.

Original review: June 26, 2017

We had a balance for $80 with them that went up to $235. Every time they send us a letter to make payment we call back and make the payment over the phone. 30 days later we get one more letter saying we need to pay $115 and when we call their excuse was they have the account numbers wrong so we pay again and got confirmation number again and 30 days later we get one more letter for $150. So we call again now they saying we need to call the collection agency to have this matter solved.

All this time they have excuses like we are the problem when all this time we just try to have this problem solve and they keep writing the wrong number don't keep records. In one point we ask them to check the recording call to see that we right but never heard back other than getting bills going higher and higher and it affect our credit and we needed to pay again total of $235. Hopefully this will stop 'cause we don't know what else to do. If I could sue them I will probably do for all this harassment and stress and wronging our credit.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I ordered some blouses online and when I received my package, it was not my order and the packing slip was in another person's name with all her personal information. I called the online number, and was treated miserably, and told it was MY responsibility to send back the incorrect items. When I told them it was their mistake, I was told they have NO way of picking up the incorrect package. Then they tried to strong arm me into placing another order. It took 3 calls to reach a supervisor who was as rude as the others, and when I asked for a refund, she said she would "get around to it" and at that time I told her I was contacting my credit card company. She told me that was fine, as if I needed her approval. When I told her I would never shop here again, her response was "Alrighty then." I cannot believe how horrible the service here is.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Looks like many of us are having the same experience with online returns. I was a loyal Loft customer, spending over $1,000 per year on clothing online. I tried to return a $50 dress because it was too large using a prepaid shipping label. I followed instructions carefully and returned the item within two days of receiving it. I watched the UPS clerk scan the return label, but mistakenly didn't ask for a receipt. When I didn't receive a refund, I contacted customer service three weeks later and was told I needed the a) exact day I mailed the item, b) a tracking number, and c) a shipping carrier. Since I don't have these things, it seems I'm out $50 and Loft is out a loyal customer.

Other online stores begin processing returns the minute your return label is scanned, but Loft can't even help you figure out your return information when they are the ones to provide it? Fishy, shady, sketchy. Warning... If you shop at Loft, return items to the store and not through the mail! I'm disgusted by this experience and will never shop at Loft or Ann Taylor again.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Called tonight when received bill today (haven't used card in a year and this was first bill I received). AT tacked on $27 late fee and interest. When I explained I had not received a bill until today rep told me my account had been closed 2 weeks ago and so she could not waive fees on closed account. I asked, "Why is the account closed? I did not initiate account closing". She said must've been closed "in store". Only problem is I was nowhere near AT store on the day she said it was closed. No explanation why my account was closed, no help waiving fee... I'll pay it and NEVER do business with Ann Taylor again!

Original review: May 15, 2017

Have had this happen twice. They strong arm you into a credit card with a promise of a discount. Then if you are one day late paying, no matter how small the balance, they load you up with accelerating late fees. They don't show you this when you take this out at the store. It's a deceptive ripoff. I won't be paying their fees and I won't be shopping there anymore.

Original review: April 24, 2017

This took place at one of the outlet stores: I wanted to purchase 3 items; after the cashier rang up my coupon for cardholders, we had to call up the manager concerning an additional discount (the register was only showing a partial amount). The register had my total sitting at $52. The supervisor came from the back, she didn't say hello, didn't interact with me at all, no smile, no eye contact. I gave her my phone to show her the coupon. Again, she said nothing to me. It was very obvious she didn't want to deal with me or this transaction. She asked the cashier to re-ring the sale the "correct" way, which brought my total UP by $42.The supervisor then insisted that the previous, lower price was a "glitch in the system" and "the system isn't supposed to do that" with a bit of a laugh and snicker. At that, she walked away without an apology and with the same lack of expression she had when she first approached.

Original review: April 24, 2017

The worst customer service I have experienced. I placed an order that FedEx misplaced and tracking info was incorrect. I had tried to contact their customer service by email twice and they DID NOT respond for over 2 weeks. When I finally called customer support they said it was not their fault and it was FedEx fault so they could not do anything for me. They even refused to allow me to send my order back with free shipping!!! The customer service rep told me I had to walk it to a post office and write return to sender on it to not pay for shipping. UNREAL. In a time like today when 75% of shopping is done online, they are doomed!!

Original review: April 23, 2017

I returned some items by mail and it has been three weeks and I have not received the credit. Their service is horrible and they do not care about their customers. I will no longer be shopping there. I am send a letter to the president of the company.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Wow, this business needs a serious review of their customer service processes. Two weeks went by without receiving the order I placed in store. I paid for the order and received a FedEx shipping notification. So far so good. Order never was delivered, so I tracked it. Tracking number not recognized by FedEx. Now, if I were Ann Taylor, I would contact the customer and apologize, place the order again with free expedited shipping, a coupon, something. But nope, I had to call, talk to customer service who basically told me she will cancel the order and fill out a form asking for a refund which would take 7-10 business days to process. WHAT? Second, they didn't even notice order never delivered? Why did I have to call them? It goes on: she then takes a new order from me to get my items to me, offers me a waived 3-day shipping. I ask for overnight shipping, she approves, we finish placing the order.

She tells me that oh, there's good news, the order total qualifies for a promo, so the total is less than the original order. Yay, happy day. Well, when the order confirmation was emailed, it turns out she charged me $25 for overnight shipping!!! Didn't waive it at all! So I then have to call back a second time - this lady apologizes for the mistake, and works on it for maybe 10 minutes, comes back and tells me she has issued some other kind of "form" for a refund on the shipping which will take UP TO 3 weeks (!!!) to process. So I've now paid for the same item TWICE, paid for overnight shipping, waited for my items for a very long time AND I will have to follow up to be sure the refunds are processed correctly (if at all), because I have 0 trust it will happen properly. So far, they've screwed up each time so 100% of interaction has resulted in a mistake. How hard can it be? Waste of time and money. Terrible. Will never shop here again.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I placed an order on January 1, 2017. Received on January 7th, which is pretty fast for Ann Taylor as they take forever to ship online purchases. I had some returns from that order and shipped it back to them on January 13th, 2017. It is March 7th today, I have not seen any returns tracked or processed in my account, nor the credit card. I called them two weeks ago, they said to wait and call them back. Well so far nothing. I am really tired of dealing with all online purchasing drama with Ann Taylor, I was a loyal customer. Now, that is it.

Oh, it also turned out they shipped the wrong size of shoes. The box had the right size on it, but the shoes were the wrong size inside. I wore them once and told them that they put wrong shoes in the box, they told me to return them, even if I wore them once. I do not trust the return, so they charge me again for something that I DO NOT have. I do not have the time for that, nor the money or energy. Bye Ann Taylor. I am off to other stores. Customers beware. I am not even talking about how many other times they screwed up my previous orders. That is it!!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I wish I had seen Ann Taylor's reviews before I decided to shop online. I am so disappointed in the company and how they deal with their errors. I made a big online order, but when I submitted my payment, I was not taken to an order confirmation page. I checked my email and nothing. I checked my bank account and I was immediately charged, so I assumed the order went through. I called customer service the next day to ask about being charged, yet not given an order number or any confirmation that my order went through. They told me no order was submitted in my name or email, and that the charge was just an "authorization hold" and will "fall off" soon. Since the order apparently did not go through per the customer service agent, she offered to make the order by phone - which I did. Fast forward to when I received my items. I checked my bank account and the extra charge that was supposed to "fall off" fully processed.

I called customer service again, and the agent told me I placed my order twice. I told them what the first agent had told me, and they did not believe me. There is apparently no record of me speaking to this other agent and they thought I was making the whole thing up! I had to send my bank statements showing the charges for them to finally agree to give me a refund. Moreover, they did not fully acknowledge their error. They insisted I placed my order twice. Maybe the first order went through, but if it did - that was not my error, it was theirs, because they told me the order did not go through. I am still waiting for my refund, but now reading all these reviews, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes months. That is horrible customer service on their end. Needless to say, I will never shop at Ann Taylor again. Buyers beware!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I returned a dress to Ann Taylor the end of OCTOBER... Due to its late delivery, I returned the dress and a skirt which was purchased by a New Jersey customer, but was mailed to me! For the last THREE months, I have tried to get my credit card credited back. The last conversation, of about ten phone calls, was last month with a "customer service" rep who told me that my credit card would be credited within 3-4 days. Instead 3 weeks later, I get an "e certificate" for less than the full amount. I NEVER intend on ever buying from Ann Taylor again so an e certificate is useless and, in addition, not what I requested.

Today I again called "customer service" and asked that my credit card be credited as I did not want the e-certificate. I was told that a referral would be made to the "fulfillment center". When I asked for that phone number or the number of the corporate office, I was told that the "customer service" rep had neither phone number. I found the corporate number **, and called but was told that there was NO ONE at all at Ann Taylor who could talk to me. My next phone call will be to my State Attorney General, Office of Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Extremely RUDE AND INTIMIDATING male store manager!!! NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN. Went in to return something 1/22//17 that I had bought the day before! Would not let me return it, and explained to me why in A VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL WAY. Literally had to run out of the Snellville store!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I bought a shirt for about 31.00. I always put on my card then pay for it at the store. Don't like to carry a balance but like the points. To my surprise I received a bill on that amount. After calling and asking about it I was told I would receive info from a claims dept on what to do. I never received that call so I again called and was told to get a bank statement showing the payment. I then faced it to them. Called them again and was told they would take care of it. Then received a bill with a late payment charge! I called again and they again said to be patient! This went on and on.

The clerk at the store even called after looking at my bank statement and told them it was a obvious mistake! No luck! Rather than have it go on my credit I paid the 68 dollars. They were not helpful didn't follow through and were totally inept and even rude at times! I paid ninety some dollars for a 31 dollar shirt! I am cancelling my card! Loft credit card is unprofessional, inept and rude to their customers! I spend hundreds of dollars a year in this store and this was handled extremely poorly. I would never Recommend this card. I have since heard horror stories about their card service!! I spent time money and stress to no avail! Terrible customer service!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

I purchased a few items worth over $750, and returned all items but one on December 14th, and the package has been received by their returns agent on December 15th, and yet they keep telling me nothing has been processed! This is so ridiculously unprofessional! I have been shopping online all the time for the past couple of years, and have never encountered such an irresponsible company! I 100% regret shopping from Ann Taylor! I can't believe it's January 2nd, and they still tell me they haven't located the package yet!

I'm so frustrated, and quite stressed out! This is unacceptable! They have asked me to wait 3 to 5 days for their fulfillment team to contact me and discuss the issue with me, which I'm hoping it will ACTUALLY happen, because Ann Taylor does nothing but trying to make you run around while they do nothing, and enjoy the extra bucks they have for the items that they are in fact keeping!!! I'm definitely taking legal action, or calling my credit card company to do something if I don't hear from them within 5 days!!! Someone has to stop this unorganized and muddled system they are running!! I hate Ann Taylor! I hope no one chooses to shop any of their inferior merchandise!

Ann Taylor Company Information

www.anntaylor.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business