Ann Taylor

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The return process is absolutely absurd! I'm having the same trouble that other reviewers are having. Sent for an exchange 9/28 and their warehouse across the state IN which I live still doesn't show it being received. Sent back a larger order using their shipping slip and still nothing posting to my account that indicates that package has been received. They are absolutely worthless and I plan on cancelling my email subscriptions and accounts with this retailer. I'm also chalking this up as a loss. Someone at their warehouse has to be sleeping for weeks on the return packages. Customer service is worthless as well. Our process takes up to three weeks... Well it's been over 2 months and nothing.

I'm a card carrying member of Ann Taylor, literally, but I've had the WORST time with their online web portal, coupon codes, and their customer service! The first time they released a code literally minutes after I ordered some things AND when checking out my previous codes got deleted. I tried to call to see if they could retroactively adjust my bill or if they could cancel my order and I would just reorder it, obviously they hadn't shipped. I ordered them 5 minutes before. The customer service on the phone were not helpful, and insisted there was absolutely no way to refund or adjust a bill for a customer and that they had no contact or way or cancelling an order. I also emailed and I got a cookie cutter reply that was not relevant to what I was even making a complaint about. I swore I would never shop there again.

But of course I finally gave in, and decided to order some things online for black Friday. Well of course the website is malfunctioning AGAIN. Deleting my codes, logging me out of my account and deleting my shipping address on both Loft and Ann Taylor. Obviously these are supposedly time sensitive coupons so I'm frantically trying to get them to work. I email customer service to see if maybe I can get an extension on the coupons or something. Finally Monday I get a reply telling me just to switch browsers... Hint: it wasn't my freaking browser.

I did end up making my order finally, because I'm a busy mom and I'm going back to school taking 16 hours coming up on finals. I don't have time to drive 1:45 round trip to my 'local' Loft with a hungry tired baby in tow at 6 pm to find a blazer at a affordable price. Luckily the deals were the same and nothing I wanted was out of stock yet but I don't understand their customer service department. I've worked in retail and customer service for a long time and I don't understand how they are so clueless when it comes to communicate with customers. I've got better understanding and customer service at my local Jiffy Lube. I would not recommend shopping here online unless you're into being ignored.

Let me start by saying I am a petite woman who finds it challenging to find petite clothing that is age appropriate. I discovered LOFT when I was in my mid 30's and never looked back. Their petite clothing was trendy, classic, and it fit! I have been a loyal customer for the past ten years. ALL of my pants and most of my tops were purchased at LOFT, but no more. I noticed the quality was declining, but more than that, the tops were just not cute. Yet, I would still find really cute pants and a few tops and sweaters. I managed to find a sweater, two tops, and a pair of jeans recently and placed an order online. I ordered Oct. 9 and had the jeans within a week. Unfortunately, they didn't fit. I returned them to the store, which is an hour away, but the same town my parents live in.

I waited patiently for the rest of my order. I received a notice that it shipped Oct. 28. Wow, it took a long time but at least it shipped. I waited and waited. There was no tracking info, so I emailed LOFT customer service. I was told a fulfillment specialist had to look at it and it would take 3-5 business days. I gave it 9 business days and had received no communication.

At this point I had received my LOFT credit card bill for items I never received. I sent another email. A few days later I received an email saying they refunded me for my order AT MY REQUEST because the carrier said the shipping address was incorrect. What??? I have been ordering for ten years, and I had received a pair of jeans from the same order! There was no communication about the shipping address previously. It wouldn't be so bad, but like I said, as a petite woman, I can't find clothes and was really counting on these for my fall wardrobe. Of course, they are no longer in stock, so I can't re-order.

I don't know what is going on at LOFT. I work in a similar industry, and sometimes computer upgrades can do crazy things, but they obviously don't have a well-trained customer service staff to handle the people part when things go wrong. I would rather receiving communication and an apology than lies. I will think long and hard before placing another order.

I have been shopping online for perhaps 5 years with Ann Taylor/Loft and have had no issues with the company processing my returns in a timely manner until the last couple of months. They seem to have switched from using UPS for the prepaid return, to USPS. It now takes about a month for returns to be processed. When you contact customer service to check on your return, even with the return package tracking number, they are unable to give you any information as to where the package is.

I am extremely unhappy with this level of service. I currently have returns pending, one for Loft and one for Ann Taylor that have not been processed and it's been 4 weeks. I just talked to customer service and they offered no help whatsoever, and just kept saying it takes 2-3 weeks. I had to call about a Lou & Grey return that had been over 4 weeks and I had not received confirmation of my return. In this instance they immediately credited me for my return with no explanation of what happened, and if I had not called I would not have got my money back. I am so unhappy with this current level of service from this company.

I used to be a loyal Loft/Ann Taylor customer. As of late the quality and customer service is terrible. I placed an order on September 9th for a couple of items since I am replacing my wardrobe for work. I ended up returning everything which was a total of 620 dollars. I kept calling on to confirm the package was received and at first the customer representative would tell me I need to at least wait 3 weeks for an UPDATE! I kept calling and finally someone confirmed the package was received on 10/12 and will need to wait another 2-3 weeks for a refund to be initiated. I finally get an email saying I will be received a gift card for 620 dollars! I called customer service and she told me since the package was received on 10/29 (mind you this is the date of refund not receive date of the package) it went over the 45 day return policy.

After explaining to her many times the package was not received on 10/29 but 10/12 she realized the mistake and told me they will be refunding the amount to my Ann Taylor card. Now it has been a little over two weeks and I still do not see a refund posted to my account. I contacted the credit card customer service and told me there is no refund pending. At this point I become infuriated with the amount of work I need to do. I called Loft once again and they told me a refund was processed to my card on 10/29 but it can take 2-3 weeks for the card company to receive the request and post it to my account. I have already accrued interest, had to make a minimum payment to avoid any additional fees and it is another waiting game for a week.

I am not sure why Ann Taylor has decided to change their return policy/method. It never took this long to receive a refund and it doesn't seem like their employees fully understand it. All they tell you is to wait and I find that unacceptable. I returned your merchandise, I should get my refund within 2-3 business days of receipt. After this awful experience I will no longer be shopping at Loft/Ann Taylor and may as well close my credit card account with them once I receive my refund to avoid this headache! One piece of advice for customers is to email them so you have documentation of items returned, don't rely solely on phone calls.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ann Taylor?

An order I placed never arrived though I was charged for it. I have called, emailed, and called again. Each time, I am told they will contact me within days. First, it was within 2 to 3 days, then it became 3-5 days. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told one could call me back within 24 hours. Seriously? They have so many problems that it takes a supervisor a full 24 hours to address them?? I will be reporting this company to the BBB, and I will never, ever shop at LOFT again.

Loft claimed my package was undeliverable. Sent the package back and said they could not return the package to me. I am no longer able to receive the item I ordered because it was "sold out" even though I ordered it in the first place. I asked for my money back including shipping and they said that they could not refund my order for up to a month. This is the worst customer service I have ever received and I will never use Loft again in the future to make online purchases and will make sure none of my friends do either.

Like many other reviewers, I returned items I purchased to Ann Taylor online using their prepaid return label and now 2+ weeks later I still do not have my refund. I contacted the company and they admitted they have the return (claim it took 2 weeks to get to them...) and that I need to wait another 3 and they will "try" and process the refund by then. Are you kidding me?!

I returned my items within 2 days of receiving them and I'm supposed to wait 5+ weeks for a refund?! I told Ann Taylor online that I not only will never shop w/ them again but I also will be notifying my credit card company to reverse the charge - which is precisely what I did. My advice for others is if you are not getting refunded in a reasonable amount of time or otherwise getting the runaround, don't stress yourself out dealing w/ Ann Taylor and their insane customer unfriendliness and just do a chargeback. I guarantee if enough people did that they would change the way they mishandle returns.

4 years with Ann Taylor counts for nothing when the Laura and District Mgr were in collusion to fire this employee not based on the employee work ethic but because the Manager Laura did not like she display a very happy face; and as her Manager never inquired as to her well being (expecting mother); as it turned out the 4-year employee was suffer from the pain of a crushed rib. When I inquired to Manager Laura about the action she stated that the 4-year employee did not give her condolence because her mother had recently die and everyone else did. Reality check... I restated to her that the 4-yr employee and myself had held her through her months of her mother's transition. So the add insult she added that the 4 yr employee had on a sweater (as they all do/have done) to stay warm because the Manager Luara had the air condition on 65 (cold).

Now the 4yr employee Andrea ** with fever and crushed ribs is sick and there was no empathy from the Manager. 4 yrs of dedication gone because of what... The Managers also made this separation based on the fact Andrea is not for Trump! Since when should your political party plan into your job. Now clearly the Ann Taylor Clarendon is all ** skinned staff. The Manager and Direct Manager were wrong to dismiss her. There have been several attempts to wrongfully fire the employee of course to no avail. Now is it fair to fire someone because of the political dislike? Because they chose to come to work rather than call out although without a happy face? Or is it more important to fire someone because they did not offer condolence for a mother who had been transitioning for several months? Taking a stand... So should Ann Taylor.

I have the same complaint as the most recent reviewer. I returned $315 in clothing with the prepaid shipping label provided by Loft. It has now been over three weeks and I've reached out multiple times about it because my return hasn't been processed. All they can tell me is that it hasn't been processed and some random department is going to email me about it. I have yet to get an email or any response to the emails I've sent since then. I will never buy online from Loft again and if I don't get my $315 back I will never buy from them in-store either.

I returned an order over two weeks ago using prepaid return label provided by company. To date, they have no record of return and do not have the tracking information. I used the label provided via the company. Customer service was rude on three occasions and of no help - simply stating there was nothing they could for me. A $200 loss for me at this time. Advice - DO NOT order online - if you do not live near an Ann Taylor of Loft - find a different place to shop. I was simply told to call back in a week and see if it shows up. Similar experience with Loft. I am sad as I have always enjoyed shopping here - the online experience and poor customer service has soured me.

I have been getting holes in all my t-shirts. At first I thought they were moths, but then I started pulling all the shirts with holes and discovered they were ALL from Ann Taylor Loft!!! I have realized that all that thin material that is used overseas is cheap material and this is causing the holes. What a shame - not any of my other t-shirts from anywhere else has holes like Ann Taylor Loft.

I have two complaints. First, I am TALL and NO store carries TALL selections. Secondly, NO store carries a size 16 and rarely can I find a size 14. I love the clothing, but it is unfair to us TALL and GENEROUSLY proportioned women to have to purchase online, pay shipping, and wait for an undetermined length of time to receive clothing we love. To those who make decisions about what sizes are available in the Ann Taylor boutique, please provide us TALL and/or STATUESQUE women with at least one size of each item you design and carry for the REGULAR sizes.

As with other previous reviews, I also had a very frustrating experience with trying to return merchandise to the Loft. I do not live near a store (I've online ordered in the past). The pants were ill-fitting and when I was able to finally make a long drive to one of the stores, apparently I was over the timeframe for returning the merchandise (45-day mark). I brought in my receipt yet the sales associate only wanted to credit me for what the price was "today" which was $12 lousy dollars. Forget it! After bickering with the sales associate and then the manager, she reluctantly gave me a merchandise credit (with attitude and a snippy remark of "next time, return your merchandise before 45 days!"). I told her "perhaps the company would like to indicate this policy on my sales receipt that you send with the merchandise?" I asked her to point out to me on this receipt where it says that you need to return it within 45 days? She couldn't because it doesn't say it!!!

Fast forward to today, I went online to use this merchandise credit only to find out (via the online "chat person") that the site wasn't taking my merchandise credit # because it can only be used in stores (not online!)!! What?! What kind of stupid policy is that? Again, I don't live near a store!! I will never, never, never shop this store/brand again. And yes, I did not follow through with my order. Let them keep their merchandise. Its not that special and I can shop more easily (with better policies) at Chicos, Boston Proper, Lands End, Coldwater Creek, etc.

The manager at Chester NJ Ann Taylor is completely out of control. She unnecessary talked to one of her worker with so much disrespect in front of everyone that I had to leave. If I was that employee I would file for harassment.

I have been an Ann Taylor customer for years, and I shop online because there is no longer a store convenient to where I live. Recently, I had to return some items. Ten days after sending the return via UPS with the AT pre-prepared mailer, the return was not showing up in my account. When I contacted customer service, they indicated that the return had been received, but that a credit to my card would not be issued for 2-3 weeks. I checked the AT return policy, as posted on the website, and timing of credit for returns is not disclosed. To me, this seems like an inordinate delay and it should be posted on the website so that shoppers can make informed decisions.

I bought jeans from Loft store for a long time ago and didn't wear them for a while. When I started to wear them I noticed inseam of the pants is quite wrong turning towards left quite a bit, doesn't look right. I tried to exchange them with another jeans. They said they can give only $4.99 credit without receipt. They should not sell something defective at first place. If they do they need to at least exchange with same sort of product.

Like many, many other responses on the website, I too share the frustration of what use to be a great place to shop- is no longer? If it's due to management trying to increase profits, they'll probably succeed - but at a high cost of dropping their most loyal consumers. The net result of losing almost $100 because I returned an item a little late is appalling. The tickets were on, never wore, just hadn't tried on in store and this was a one off, just overlooked date due to illness in family. The manager in the MA store was rude and curt; said item was just marked down today and all I could get back was small change.

As a frequent AT shopper, I asked if I could get an exception this one time as I've been shopping at AT's for over 30 years. She didn't care, said "why don't you donate it to charity if that makes you feel better" or "give it to a friend". Really? The old AT's would never treat you like that! Losing almost a $100 dollars for something so petty - resonated with me. "They just don't care!" $$$ trumps customer loyalty in the AT world! I "was" one of their biggest fans, now will join the rest of you to shop elsewhere!

If there was a number that I could give your customer service, it would be -5 stars. I have never been so appalled by the customer service policy that your company has in place. I showed up at your store in Lee MA with a receipt on two full price items, never worn and with the tags on and was told that I can only get the "current sale price" as a "store credit". This is unacceptable! $127.00 worth of merchandise and you want to give me back $48. I realize that by only offering me the sale price, you're going to turn around and sell that item at the same price you're giving back to me and still profit off of the amount of money I gave to you in the first place... Simply because I did not return the item within 45 days. (I came 4 days later.) Oh boy, what a scam. And it's not like I get my money back, you're only giving me store credit. So not only do you profit from the first transaction, you profit from the second transaction.

I'd like to say it's not about the money, but part of it is. I work full time outside the home and when I get home, I work as a homemaker. I work hard and don't feel that it is fair that you and your company have a policy to take advantage of that. Isn't your market working women? And just to add a little more icing to the cake, the toll-free number given to me by your sales associate was 1-800-ANNCARES which your associate refused to call. Maybe 1-800-ANN "Doesn't" CARE is a better fit!

I immediately called on Saturday after leaving your Lee MA store (1/30) and they were closed. On Monday morning when I called I was connected to the DISH network. Super. I then looked up your customer service number online, but since Julie couldn't help me, I requested a regular customer service phone number. She didn't know the number for your customer service center. I found out later it is 1-800-DIALANN. I tried that too, "Sorry there is nothing we can do and it's the corporate policy. It is written on the back of your receipt and at the register" in letters so small a mouse could read it, if mice could read.

Is this what you expect from other retailers when you are the consumer? I've been in the Customer Service business a really long time and this is not even close to Customer Service. I would've been happy with a store credit for the $127, however I am so upset, that the right thing for you to do is reimburse me the full amount I paid. I will gladly return the items once my check is received. I have no use for them, hence the reason I was returning them in the first place.

I have been a good customer. Are you sure you want to lose me? If I don't receive a full refund or store credit for $127, I am not going to return the clothes so you can make an additional profit. I would rather donate them to a woman's shelter. Either way, you'll never get another penny out of me. I have vowed never to shop at a store where their customer service policy does not benefit the customer. Ann Taylor is about to be added to the list. As for social media this will be plastered everywhere. So what's it going to be Mr. Muto? Does Ann care or not?

Snooty person named Paula - didn't know return policy, missed it by one day. Kept saying it's our policy, it's corporate. Then to top it off, sign in window says 30% off all purchases. Wanted to purchase a pair of jeans, was told "Oh they're not on sale, but I'll give them to you."

On 2/8/16 I returned two unworn items to the store. The store manager had issues matching the item number to the pants. She literally accused me of returning stolen pants. Very rude, nasty. I complained to Corp. and have not heard back. Very poor service. I will never shop at Ann Taylor again.

Ann Taylor International. Incident Number **. Order Number **. You charged me with the wrong billing address resulting in two shipments. Your customer service agents have lied to me telling me that a full refund was being processed. I paid $255.62 CAD ($68.88 and $186.74) because of your mistake. I was only refunded $243.48 CAD. In addition to losing $12.95 CAD, I have had the inconvenience of having to return your merchandise at a distant shipping location and having to make several phone calls to solve this. Never again will I buy anything for my girlfriend from you. Same goes for my extended family and hers. 0/5 stars. Avoid!

I went into Ann Taylor Loft in Sugarhouse with a gift receipt and the manager would only give me a merchandise credit card. After looking around the store and not finding anything, I decided to check online. When I selected items, I found out that your store will NOT allow your customers to even use this card online! I have truly NEVER worked with a more negative and unfriendly store in all of my life! Credit is credit!! What games are you playing to alienate your customers!

First I had a receipt. Second I cannot get my money back to go to a store that isn't trying to make your life hell! Thirdly, I can't even use this useless card online! Are you trying to go bankrupt, because I will never shop there again!!!

I would give negative stars if I could. Pretty much the same as most reviews here, minus the credit card ones because I don't have one from them. Too many times have I bought clothes on a deep discount, gone through checkout, received a confirmation e-mail, and then received the "I'm sorry, this item is currently unavailable." Never, has this happened with full price items. Now, usually it takes about 2 weeks for anything that manages to make it to the point of shipping and not being cancelled to arrive here. Imagine my surprise when I ordered a Christmas gift for myself and wow, it was here in 2 days. What? Yes, TWO DAYS. I was so thrilled that I immediately placed another order for a sale item. Well, that is where the love affair ended.

I received an e-mail AGAIN for the 5th time in 1 year that it was unavailable. If it is unavailable then DON'T CHARGE (or excuse me, HOLD) my card! I also don't understand why they cannot be quick about shipping all of the time and not just the holiday season? I am pretty much done with this company. I cannot stand for my credit card to have a hold for something I will not get. I am not made of money and when you hold my card, especially for a large amount then I cannot get anything else until you release my hold! Consider yet another loyal customer gone.

I'm looking for a career in economics and the economic job market (where 95% of employers will be interviewing) happens on Jan 3rd. I've got my interviews lined up and all I need now is a suit. I didn't get it earlier because I had some surgery recently and didn't know how it'd affect fit. I went to Ann Taylor last weekend (Dec 13) and had the absolute worst customer service. I asked the employee to order pants in the Kate fit for me (their looser fit) in the same fabric (the all-season stretch because they also make suits in wool, I just don't like the sheen on the black wool) and she pulled out a pair of Kate pants in the wool fabric and said that that was what I wanted. I kept insisting to her that these were NOT the same pants and she kept insisting that the difference was all because it was a different fit. Yes. Including the $40 difference in price, the complete difference in the materials (I made her look at the materials tag), etc.

I tried to explain to her that HER store had two types of suiting in black and what I really wanted was the suiting in the all-season stretch. I decided to give up and just buy the suit set in all-season stretch, no Kate fit and maybe order stuff online and return what fits worst. She tried to convince me to open a credit card with Ann Taylor to get 65% off. I told her that discounts like that didn't work on their suiting and she kept insisting they did. I kept telling her she was wrong and told her to go ahead and check it with the computer. She checked and sure enough no discount! So she would have had me open a credit card I didn't need, take a credit ding for no discount. Know your business lady. Finally I gave up and decided to order a bunch of pants online myself so I didn't have to deal with her.

So I go on anntaylor.com and order over $550 worth of suiting stuff in black all-season stretch with varying combinations of petite/cut/size figuring. I'll return all but the best top/bottom combo. I pay for overnight shipping because I need this stuff hemmed asap since my tailor will be on vacation from the 24th to the 1st and the latest I can pick up my stuff is the 2nd... so I want to get him my stuff by the 15th or 16th. Ok so get this, on the 14th I pay for overnight shipping. My receipt and my order online both say guaranteed delivery by the 15th. The fine print says that they will send my order via USPS express mail. On the 16th I get an email saying congrats, your order has shipped. WTH?! I ask for my shipping cost back and they refund me. The USPS tracking number doesn't work and finally on the 18th, it shows that they didn't ship my stuff until 8:30pm on the 17th.

On top of that, they used 2-day priority so my stuff won't arrive until the 21st! Yep, I paid for overnight and got super slow handling and didn't even get the shipping I paid for. Maybe they downgraded my shipping after I asked for my money back because their handling wasn't what I'd paid for? If so, that's just terrible business. Why in the world would you punish your customer after you already screw up their order?

Now I'll have to pay insane rush fees and even then, I'll just have to pray that my tailor can somehow fit my suit with only a couple days of actual business days between drop off and pick up. If my tailor gets slammed and doesn't get to my suit even with the rush on it, I'm out of luck. There's nothing I can do to get them magically hemmed. So all you ladies looking for jobs and needing suits to interview: AVOID ANN TAYLOR LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! They don't know their business, they have terrible customer service and they will gladly tell you you're paying for overnight shipping and handling when really you're lucky if your stuff gets there within a week.

Other reviewers have already detailed the consuming frustrations associated with ordering from Ann Taylor online. There is no connection between customer services and shipping and, apparently, no connection between the retailer and the bank handling store account billing. No one is 'authorized' to do anything for customers and 'supervisors' have no authority to act to serve client interest. However, Ann Taylor e-mail will assure you without fail that "Ann Taylor gets women". Read further to see what you think about that.

I ordered two blouses in the same size and tried to cancel or adjust the order right away through 'live chat' reporting the items were gifts and asking to get different sizes of the same blouse. That cannot be done, because there is no connection between 'fulfillment center' and customer services [FIRST WARNING THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WINDOW DRESSING]. The blouses I placed on order for at the same time were mailed separately... one significantly later than the other. As soon as I received it I gifted the first blouse and then I immediately returned it because it did not fit the recipient. More than a week later the second blouse arrived. It took a while to 'gift' that one (party was over) and that one was rejected by recipient and I returned it.

Credit for the first return took two billing cycles. Credit for the second return took three billing cycles. I paid late fees and 'interest' as billed (though I did not owe it) and included letters in the latest two bills that the items were returned. I closed my account. The bank sent a threatening letter declaring that I still owed for the returned merchandise (though an store representative claimed the return was received and I had a zero balance) and 'interest' and that they will continue to bill me for it and provide information (about my poor payment record) to national credit reporting agencies. That last threat worked best... was reluctant to pay interest until I saw that.

My experience is that once you make an order, your money is deposited and you are billed as often as you will pay and you never get any of your money back until the store and bank have made as much interest on you and it as they can get away with. It seems like an online racket for peanuts. Today I spoke to three different people... Ann Taylor rep; Comenity Bank rep; and Comenity Bank supervisor. No one had any authority to 'apologize' and bank personnel refused to make any written correction about 'providing information to national credit reporting agencies.' Where Ann Taylor is concerned the BUYER BE WARNED warning really applies. Sad, too, because the clothes are cute but not worth the trouble.

I am a long time loyal customer of Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft. I've spent 1000s on clothing over the years, and I've never had issues with returning items. It's rare that I return them. I recently attempted to return an item that I had paid full price for (which is now 1/2 price). The item I returned was still being sold in the store. I was told that because it was over 45 days, that I could only get the lowest price for the item (WOW)...

I contacted customer service about the non-customer-friendly policy and was told that "In fairness to all customers" that they could not honor my request for a full refund. (YUP)... you may be thinking the same thing I am - fairness to all customers would be to return the full price paid for an item when it's returned (with tags and in perfect new condition like the day it was purchased). I would like to hear from others who are as disappointed with the new tactic of how to take full advantage of customers - (as this multi million dollar company is doing)... I am very disappointed with their new return policy and will change my shopping habits at these stores.

Tried to place an order with my Ann Taylor gift card plus a credit card. There was an error in the zip code so I had to re-submit the order - once I tried to resubmit, however, I found that all of the funds had been taken off of the gift card even though no order went through. Now I am jumping through hoops trying to get the hold released from my gift card so I can use it.

Each time I call customer service, I am put on hold for over 30 minutes and never helped in any way. I have send many emails to customer service and have received absolutely no help. And this is not a generic gift card managed by a credit card company - it's an Ann Taylor gift card purchased directly from Ann Taylor and they are holding my money for no reason. There is no reason to place a hold on the funds when the order never went through. I have been a customer of Ann Taylor for 15+ years, I have spent thousands of dollars ordering from them online and this will be the last time that I do. Honestly the worst customer service I have ever received from a retailer.

I attempted to order $143.97 worth of items (shipping and tax included) from Anntaylor.com. I tried to use my Amex gift card. Nowhere on the site did it say that I could not do so. After making my order and pushing submit order, I was told to try again. I did. After it didn't go through, I decided to just go to the store because maybe the site had problems. Hours later, I checked the balance on my gift card. Ann Taylor was holding $143.97 TWICE (total of almost $300!!) on my Amex gift card for a purchase that I DIDN'T MAKE!!!

I called customer service. They told me that in 3-5 days Ann Taylor will be releasing the funds. This happened on October 6th. It is now October 13th. Ann Taylor is still holding my money! I am outraged. Banana Republic and Nordstrom are just two of the stores where I will, from now on, do my shopping. I have called the customer service at Ann Taylor twice today. They gave me case reference numbers but have failed to release my money. THIS IS MONEY FOR A PURCHASE THAT ANN TAYLOR DIDN'T LET ME MAKE!!!!!

I wanted to order a faux leather skirt front screen of advertised as 60% with a code to be applied (SHOPFALL). I clicked product to order and it showed as 40% off, although it was advertised under 60%. I took picture of advertisement showing 60% off and also called customer service. Was informed that item was in fact 40%. Why was item advertised under 60% and not under items 40% off? Somebody tell me, is it misrepresentation or just an oversight? I did not order because got disappointed.

Ann Taylor Company Profile