2.86/5

222 Ann Taylor Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 20, 2019

After having to contact their international dept numerous times and being transferred with no response even after 10 mins, I am still trying to chase them down for a refund that Loft customer service confirmed they would process yet still have not after 3 months! They DO NOT pick up their phone after stating they will within 5 minutes. They DO NOT email you back after stating they will respond within 24 hrs. Absolutely appalling service! I even sent in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Ann Taylor/Loft does not even respond to them in time.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I just waited on phone for over 40 minutes to speak to a rep from Ann Taylor. I received an item today that is damaged. I need a prepaid return label. She refused to provide it, refused to transfer me to her supervisor, refused to transfer me to a fellow worker to help me. She refused to give me her employee #, initials, or name. Wants customer to pay for return of damaged merchandise. I will never order from them again. They deserve zero stars if possible.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2019

This was my first time placing an order with Ann Taylor online store. The shipment came late and it was missing an item. The packing list stated 2 items, but only one item was in the package. I immediately wrote an email to customer service. The only thing I have received is an automated reply saying that they will respond as soon as possible. It has been 7 days, and still no response was sent. I get marketing emails from Ann Taylor every single day. What makes it so slow for them to resolve this problem?? Never will shop at Ann Taylor.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I purchased a shirt from Ann Taylor that was too small. I requested an RMA and was told that I would have to pay 7.95. I sent an email complaining about the return cost and Ann Taylor advised that they would send me a prepaid return label which I never received. Therefore, I paid out of pocket to return the item. However, Ann Taylor credited my account for the cost of the skirt minus 7.95 for a pre-paid label that they never sent. In other words, I paid out of pocket to return the item and Ann Taylor deducted another 7.95 for a prepaid label that was supposed to be at their expense as a one time courtesy. I will never shop at Ann Taylor again.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I have been an Ann Taylor client for decades. In February I was charged a $38 late fee. When I called them they said that my payment was done (via their automated payment system) after the cutoff time, which used to be 11:59 pm ET for a long time, and they changed it to 8:00 pm ET. When I asked for a reversal of the late fee since I had paid on the date it was due, the Customer Service agent informed me that I had to wait 18 months for it to be reversed. Wow! I couldn't believe it! I had never heard of such a thing. It left me with a very bad impression.

But still I thought, how could that be possible, so I called again to request the reversal and to give it the benefit of the doubt. And this one agent said that she would reverse it, but she never did. Why would she say that and not comply? I was in disbelief. So I called again, and was told that the late fee wouldn't be reversed and they would charge interest fees on it!! So, needless to say, after decades of being a loyal customer, that did it for me. I paid my bill in full but they lost a long-time loyal customer. There are plenty of other clothing stores and credit cards that will want loyal clients and care about them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ann Taylor?

Original review: March 1, 2019

I've had an Ann Taylor card for years, but was late on a $38 monthly charge. I called and a Supervisor waived the late fee and we changed the due date on my card to a date closer to the first of the month when I pay bills. She then explained due to date change I wouldn't owe anything for another month. She assured me that there would be no other late fees due to the date change and I thought everything was fine. Then I got the new bill but they charged me interest even though I wasn't past due.

I called Comenity Bank again, their card customer service and they insisted she read the disclosure that interest would apply. This is not the case. If she had explained that interest would apply by changing my due date, I would have paid the balance due when I was on the phone with her. Why would I call to get a late fee waived and then knowingly go on to pay interest? Also, the representative was rude, kept talking over me and cutting me off. Also, they have shortened the time for returns in store without explaining that to shoppers. It's time to cancel the Ann Taylor Card!! I'll get the rewards on my MasterCard instead!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I made a purchase with a 50% coupon. They sent me two actually. This was because of terrible terrible clerks and their attitude and rudeness towards customers.

When I used the first coupon - I was told I can use on a marked down item as well as even if the item was in store at 40$ off - it would take 50% off my whole total. The first time it DID. When I went to use the second coupon I bought same type of clothes - an item from marked down rack and a pair of jeans that was 40% off. Yet the coupon did not work on this transaction like the first. Same coupon - same stipulations, etc.

Corporate was not interested in dealing with the actual issue. I just got the runaround and then last email said they would not talk to me anymore - will not address any future correspondence. So to avoid dealing with a customer issue - they have decided to just ignore. I guess hoping I will go away. Terrible terrible customer service at ALL levels. Read other reviews and had return issues like they had - got very little for my item even though tags still on and had receipt. Sold online and got more $ than what they were willing to give me. So sad. Their policy stinks.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Their return policy went from 60 days down to 30 days - and even less if you ordered online, as they start the 30 day clock from when you placed the order (rather than when you received it, typically 5-7 days after it was placed). I returned a dress and scarf with my receipt to a retail store 31 days after I placed it, and was told I could a) only get merchandise credit and b) the dress' selling price had dropped by $20, so I would only get the current price. Many clothing retailers will give a longer return grace period during the holidays due to stores being closed, not to mention it's just a nice thing to do, but apparently Ann Taylor doesn't care about their customers as much.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My boyfriend purchased 4 shirts for me. Two in store and two they ordered for him online while he was with his mother two hours away for a gift. He ordered petites which I would normally wear. I am only 5'1" but I received them and they are too short- No one at work wants to see my tummy. Returning theses have been nothing but short of a headache. I am told I can return them at the Loft (The only store within an hour of my home owned by this company). I show up and to find out I cannot return these. The sales associate suggested I contact customer service. Customer Service said yes, I could return all four shirts via mail.

I start to complete the return (I will be charged $8 for shipping!) I then see in small print purchases made in store cannot be returned online. I call back customer service and asked again and am told no. I ask why they would tell me yes the first time and their response was I don't know. So now to return these I will need to drive to the nearest store and hope they will take them back. This is the WORST retailer to return unworn unopened clothing to. They will do everything to extend the time in which you return so you will run in circles to before you can get anything returned within 30 days. They will take your money and good luck getting it back when they sell you a product that doesn't even fit. I will never purchase clothing from here and I will share my experience and distaste for this store to anyone who listens and will be stuck with $100+ worth of clothing that doesn't even fit.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

This is a very difficult retailer to experience. The clothing is overpriced and has a definite "made in China" look to it, and the actual colors online are nowhere NEAR the actual fabric. For instance, "strawberry red" is actually a dark brick, almost brown, when presented. The clothing is designed for stick figure women, but that is not the biggest frustration with this brand.

The customer is PENALIZED for returning an item. A driver's license or government issued ID must be presented for refunds of any kind (some workers stated no ID for internet returns), but the workers do not seem to know the full extent of return procedures. The brand treats its customers like criminals...must produce a driver's license to refund for money that one has spent in your store??? Really??? The entire procedure takes at least twenty minutes or more, as they must "run your license" for the refund! Really!!?? I have spent my money in YOUR store without any ID, but I must present ID to return an item? Do yourself a favor. There are other good clothing shops to entertain. Ann Taylor (Oxford Valley Mall) has issues.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Very unfriendly sales people at Ann Taylor store in Deer Park. I tried to return 2 things I bought 7 days ago, they were too big. Girl that works there told me I need to have tags in order to return. I went back home to get tags, spent an hour traveling back and forth, and when I came there, girl run away, and ask another sales associate to serve me. She told me I can not return the items. And that’s ok, but they were so unpolite, like I didn’t spend around 500$ in the store. Terrible experience. Now I’m looking for another store. This one definitely lost a customer that has been shopping at Ann Taylor for years.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I purchased a pair of boots today with vouchers so of course, they are only redeemable in the store and not online. I went to put them on 20 minutes after I bought them, (thank god I was still in the outlet mall), and my daughter noticed that one boot was a size 7 and the other was a size 6. Needless to say I returned them and received a merchandise credit. From what I was told it cannot be redeemed on online either.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I purchased a dress online from Ann Taylor. It was too big so I ordered a smaller size which I decided to keep. When I tried to return the larger sized dress with the original receipt, I was told since it was over 30 days I could only get store credit and it would be for one half the price I paid for the dress because that was the current price. So they essentially robbed me of $40. Very low class.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Shopped at store $75. Paid cash. Month later received bill. Called them, they said it takes few weeks since Ann Taylor & Loft are connected. Couple of months later received another bill for $104 (added late fees). Called them they wanted receipt. I couldn't find my receipt so had to pay the $104. I asked if this is the end of this nightmare & they assured me it was. Now received another $64.44 late fee charge!!? Since I don't have my receipt they are going to keep charging me late fees? I paid the $63.44 but I am so angry? I shopped at Loft store. Customers think they have paid & may lose their receipt but the company should have a proper paperwork to show the transactions. NEVER AGAIN I will shop at Loft. If they send me another late fee I'm hiring a lawyer. Shopped $75 and paid it at the store but had to pay another $108.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I made a purchase in the month of May of $40 on this year. I made a minimum payment monthly. However I skipped a month and then the late fee was applied

I know it was my mistake but then when I authorized the payment over phone they doubled the late fee the next month. I was told that I am cleared over the phone.. but they added it again and again... Casually as I checked my account it was $130 and my purchases were only $40.

Also ever since then I also see that the balance they keep posting is 0. VERY MISLEADING. THEY DON'T PRINT OUT THE ACTUAL MESSAGE AND EXTREMELY TIME CONSUMING. They don't even have a proper email to report complaints too. Regret that I even thought I will be saving when I bought this card. When you try to explain to them they are very rude and will not understand you!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had accumulated quite a bit of loft cash from an earlier purchase. Went to store to use it, only to discover that they placed most items in the store on a slight sale therefore making them ineligible for use with loft cash. This seems very unethical. I did not buy the items I wanted to buy because they would have been far less expensive at the full price using my loft cash than they were with the slight discount. I think this is a ridiculous and deceptive practice.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have tried repeatedly to order from the website using my Ann Taylor store card but get a message saying that the order "cannot be processed at this time." I called AT customer service; they told me to call the credit card. I spoke with the credit card people and they said the problem is not my card - rather, it's an ongoing problem with the website. (I sense that they get a lot of similar complaints since she immediately know what I was talking about.) I have no idea what the website problem is and nobody over there seems to be able to fix it. Strangely, it only affects the AT store card. I was able to order using my Visa card. If I were more cynical I would think they were doing this deliberately so customers wouldn't rack up so many points on the card.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

THE worst experience shopping online. Ordered some amazing items that I was so excited about. Almost forgot about them since I still hadn’t received or had any communication from you over a month later. Looked online and my order was still processing. Sent an email via your website and got some robot email saying the items I ordered were now out of stock. Well of course. They are over a month later! Still waiting for your online team to respond with a real email. Absolutely horrible customer service if you ask me.

Original review: July 26, 2018

When I placed an order for one pair of pants, Ann Taylor hit my bank account 5 separate times for the same purchase amount leaving me with $1.26 in my bank account. I suspect if I had more funds in my checking account, they would have gone for much more. When I called Ann Taylor they told me that it was my mistake, that I must've left my shopping cart, or had an error on my end. I had one submit and one confirmation email from Ann Taylor with the correct amount so I never thought to look for numerous duplicate charges to my bank account. I got off the phone with Ann Taylor feeling violated.

Ann Taylor's customer service told me they would not refund the 4 other single line item charges for 5 to 10 business days. They were rude, dismissive and nasty to me. My bank should have stopped the hit after hit after hit -- numerous identical charges, but they did not. They did, however, reverse the charges on Ann Taylor. This conduct, on the part of Ann Taylor, constitutes fraud. I suspect they did this to thousands of online customers in order to finance a failing clothing business.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Placed a simple order with promo code and rewards numbers. They could not process the order and kept flipping me from the credit side who said everything was fine to customer service who said it wouldn't could through, was told no reason the order can't go through but it doesn't and spent an hour on the phone only to get transferred 5 times with no end result and my rewards in limbo - so disgusted with this company.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Last Tuesday, I decided to purchase 6 items off the Ann Taylor website. It was extremely annoying because I went through the order and entered my credit card details only to be informed that "there was an error completing this request". I did this with several different cards, thinking I was doing something wrong. Each time I kept going through and refilling everything and it took about an hour of my time. I also tried to register to create an account online but it didn't seem to process. Then I contacted the Live Chat function, only to be informed that they're having issues with their website and the best way would be to call them and place my orders individually. So I rang, and the customer agent was very helpful but it's quite annoying to place an order for 6 items over the phone. Then after the order was completed, she told me I would get an email order confirmation so I waited and still, 30 minutes, hadn't received anything.

So I went back to the Live Chat function to ask them to find my order. Turns out they had incorrectly typed in my email address. The agent informed me I would receive it on or before April 2. I still don't know how I would track my package. Today I saw they have this best dressed 75% sale on their dresses, so I tried to order 5 more items. Went through the whole online ordering process again. Still same problems with the credit cards. I am very disappointed that they haven't fixed their website by this point!!! Why even bother sending out promotional sales and discounts if we can't even order online? I am not going to go through and order again via the phone.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Today I placed an order on the Ann Taylor website. After I submitted the order I realized I neglected to change the shipping address to my current address. I looked for a way to quickly cancel my order online but did not find a way. Within 10 minutes after placing the order I called customer service to cancel the order. I was told that the order was already sent to "Processing" and it could not be canceled. However I could place another order for shipment to the correct address and the return the box being shipped to the wrong address when it arrived. There are a few issues with this:

I will have to pay to return the box that is being shipped to the wrong address. There were items in the box that were "no returnable." I just moved to a completely different state across the country and just don't know when or if I'm going to even get the box. This is clearly unacceptable in this day and age. I order clothes online extensively and do not have this issue with any other sites I order from. I usually can cancel the order online or a phone call takes care of it. I write an email to the company and received the same response that I had gotten from the representative on the telephone call. They did not address my issue at all. I have been a long term customer of Ann Taylor but I'm afraid this poor customer service has soured my experience. As soon as I pay my card off from this purchase I will be canceling my account. They have lost a customer!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have been a loyal Ann Taylor customer for years. And when my daughters entered professional fields I continued to purchase clothes for them for birthdays, special occasions and holidays. This year I purchased a number of items for my older daughter in early November. Ann Taylor sent out lots of emails suggesting purchases for Christmas. One item that I bought was too large so my daughter & I headed to the store to return it with the receipt only to be told that we were past the 45 days and the best they could return was the latest sale price. And the store manager was very rude, dumping the return policy on a very nice sales associate that seemed like she'd been in this position a lot lately.

Unbelievable that the store does not extend the return policy during the holidays given they really push shopping in November. I guess gifts need to be opened before Christmas. I see from Wall St. that Ann stores did poorly this year. Not only was the merchandise in most cases not appropriate for professionals, their return policy only benefits them - I guess to help make up for their losses. I will no longer shop at Ann Taylor.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Being 5’11 and wearing a size 8 is rare. On Thanksgiving weekend I order $400 worth of clothes. Only 1/2 got sent. The Loft said the other packages couldn’t be delivered. Which is **. Ann Taylor lost all my business. 8 days later they’ve not refunded my money.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

In June of this year I purchased some clothes from Ann Taylor's store in San Leandro. I paid with my credit card (not Ann Taylor's card Comenity). In late August I received an online billing statement from Comenity Ann Taylor's credit card company, This was the first statement and it showed 32.36 dollars charges. I didn't recognize the charges and immediately contacted Comenity customer services. The customer service lady explained that I bought a sweater for 15 dollars and 17 dollars were added as late payment and that I owe them 32+ dollars.

I was upset and went online to check my bank statement and sure thing I was right. I used my credit card to pay for my purchase. The customer service callous person reported my account to all three credit agencies. This is after I provided Ann Taylor with my bank statement. My credit score went down from 803 to 679. I am so upset with this fraud and callousness of Ann Taylor's customer service and don't know what to do. ALERT. Do not use Comenity Ann Taylor's credit card.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Really bad experience. My order got cancelled while it was still selling online. The person who answered the phone not even mention they would match the price and waive shipping fee as my order has been around $170.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I called Ann Taylor to make an order over the phone. The operator used my previous order to get all my info. I never got an email confirmation and called the 800 number the next day. Amanda ** from Ann Taylor said they used the email of another consumer and sent the email confirmation to that consumer. I asked them to change or delete the email or cancel the order since my name and address and phone number and part of my AMEX card numbers was already sent to a stranger. They said they cannot change or cancel and order and they will CONTINUE to email the stranger concerning my order. They refused to put me on with a supervisor and told me they will train the original operator and send me $20 coupon.

Why do I care what they do with the original operator? That does Not help me that Ann Taylor is continuing to send my info to a stranger. I will never order from them again. I called corporate and they sent my call to a machine. This company is horrible and your info is not safe with them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I had such a horrible experience shopping with Ann Taylor, I feel it's necessary to warn other customers. Recently, I was on anntaylor.com to purchase a couple of gifts. What should have only been around a $100 purchase turned out to be a $412 purchase. Ann Taylor had a technical glitch on their site that added more items to my order than I authorized to purchase.

Of course, I contacted customer service immediately. I was told that their policy it is to not cancel or edit orders. I was directed to return the merchandise once I received it in order to get my money back. I was able to return items, but the sales associate notified me after the transaction that I received a return penalty, which means I wasn't allowed to return any other merchandise for 90 days. In other words, they were forcing me to keep any items that I recently purchased (outside of this online order).

For the last couple of weeks, I've tried to sort this issue out with Ann Taylor to no avail. Why am I being penalized for returning items that I never ordered? I was instructed to return these items in order to get my money back because they don't edit/cancel orders. I was informed that was the only way to resolve the situation. Their claim is that I made excessive returns. How can you claim I've made excessive returns when I HAD TO return items that you incorrectly added to my order? Also, each of those items were returned as separate transactions because they were shipped separately.

Be careful when shopping on their site. They were aware that they were having technical problems on the site as a customer representative told me. But instead of alerting customers or giving them the opportunity to edit or cancel orders that have been affected, they continue to let sales go through so as not to affect their numbers. Talk about shameful. I've already filed a Better Business Bureau report. If you find yourself in a similar situation with any brand I would recommend that you do the same.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I purchased 4 items online on August 20, 2017. My credit card has been charged the full amount. I called three times to find out the status of my order and no one at Ann Taylor. I was unable to cancel the order within 24 hours. I was lied to many times by the staff and supervisor. I called on August 23 and was told by staff that the order has not been processed yet. I was unable to cancel it. When transferred to a supervisor I was told that the order was shipped. He provided me with a UPS tracking number that did not exist. He kept telling me to read the rules online when I asked for the head office number. Maybe they should have managers with knowledge and education working at customer service.

When I called today August 29, the unhelp customer service she indicated the order has not been shipped. I was told by the manager I would receive it by August 30. Today, I was told I had to contact the online department. Ann Taylor is unreliable, unprofessional, they do not know what they are doing and they are definitely committed to customer service. I am absolutely disgusted and will never buy anything at ANN TAYLOR AGAIN!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I accidentally purchased a dress online while trying to calculate the discounts available. I called immediately to cancel the order, but no discount was honored. They said they don't cancel orders and I would I have to wait for the dress to come. They charged my account $138. And later refunded me a small portion after a discount was applied. When I returned the dress because I didn't like it. (Fabric of an old curtain) They had prepaid label that would cost me $7 to send back to them. I tried to return it to the store but Ann Taylor in my area had closed down and loft would take it.

It had been a few week and no refund was made to my account. They kept giving me the same answer over and over again, saying that the amount had been proceed, but made no effort to verify if that was true. My bank finally had to step in and dispute the original charge. I saved all my emails from them stating my bank was who I needed to contact for the deposit. They gave me ridiculous answers and held my money for more than two months now. I am pending an investigation, and plan to report them to the BBB! They abused me and took advantage of my consumership. They are thieves and I will never do business with them again.

Ann Taylor Company Information