1.06/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Ann Taylor

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 7, 2017

198 Ann Taylor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

In June of this year I purchased some clothes from Ann Taylor's store in San Leandro. I paid with my credit card (not Ann Taylor's card Comenity). In late August I received an online billing statement from Comenity Ann Taylor's credit card company, This was the first statement and it showed 32.36 dollars charges. I didn't recognize the charges and immediately contacted Comenity customer services. The customer service lady explained that I bought a sweater for 15 dollars and 17 dollars were added as late payment and that I owe them 32+ dollars.

I was upset and went online to check my bank statement and sure thing I was right. I used my credit card to pay for my purchase. The customer service callous person reported my account to all three credit agencies. This is after I provided Ann Taylor with my bank statement. My credit score went down from 803 to 679. I am so upset with this fraud and callousness of Ann Taylor's customer service and don't know what to do. ALERT. Do not use Comenity Ann Taylor's credit card.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Really bad experience. My order got cancelled while it was still selling online. The person who answered the phone not even mention they would match the price and waive shipping fee as my order has been around $170.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I called Ann Taylor to make an order over the phone. The operator used my previous order to get all my info. I never got an email confirmation and called the 800 number the next day. Amanda ** from Ann Taylor said they used the email of another consumer and sent the email confirmation to that consumer. I asked them to change or delete the email or cancel the order since my name and address and phone number and part of my AMEX card numbers was already sent to a stranger. They said they cannot change or cancel and order and they will CONTINUE to email the stranger concerning my order. They refused to put me on with a supervisor and told me they will train the original operator and send me $20 coupon.

Why do I care what they do with the original operator? That does Not help me that Ann Taylor is continuing to send my info to a stranger. I will never order from them again. I called corporate and they sent my call to a machine. This company is horrible and your info is not safe with them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I had such a horrible experience shopping with Ann Taylor, I feel it's necessary to warn other customers. Recently, I was on anntaylor.com to purchase a couple of gifts. What should have only been around a $100 purchase turned out to be a $412 purchase. Ann Taylor had a technical glitch on their site that added more items to my order than I authorized to purchase.

Of course, I contacted customer service immediately. I was told that their policy it is to not cancel or edit orders. I was directed to return the merchandise once I received it in order to get my money back. I was able to return items, but the sales associate notified me after the transaction that I received a return penalty, which means I wasn't allowed to return any other merchandise for 90 days. In other words, they were forcing me to keep any items that I recently purchased (outside of this online order).

For the last couple of weeks, I've tried to sort this issue out with Ann Taylor to no avail. Why am I being penalized for returning items that I never ordered? I was instructed to return these items in order to get my money back because they don't edit/cancel orders. I was informed that was the only way to resolve the situation. Their claim is that I made excessive returns. How can you claim I've made excessive returns when I HAD TO return items that you incorrectly added to my order? Also, each of those items were returned as separate transactions because they were shipped separately.

Be careful when shopping on their site. They were aware that they were having technical problems on the site as a customer representative told me. But instead of alerting customers or giving them the opportunity to edit or cancel orders that have been affected, they continue to let sales go through so as not to affect their numbers. Talk about shameful. I've already filed a Better Business Bureau report. If you find yourself in a similar situation with any brand I would recommend that you do the same.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I purchased 4 items online on August 20, 2017. My credit card has been charged the full amount. I called three times to find out the status of my order and no one at Ann Taylor. I was unable to cancel the order within 24 hours. I was lied to many times by the staff and supervisor. I called on August 23 and was told by staff that the order has not been processed yet. I was unable to cancel it. When transferred to a supervisor I was told that the order was shipped. He provided me with a UPS tracking number that did not exist. He kept telling me to read the rules online when I asked for the head office number. Maybe they should have managers with knowledge and education working at customer service.

When I called today August 29, the unhelp customer service she indicated the order has not been shipped. I was told by the manager I would receive it by August 30. Today, I was told I had to contact the online department. Ann Taylor is unreliable, unprofessional, they do not know what they are doing and they are definitely committed to customer service. I am absolutely disgusted and will never buy anything at ANN TAYLOR AGAIN!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ann Taylor?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I accidentally purchased a dress online while trying to calculate the discounts available. I called immediately to cancel the order, but no discount was honored. They said they don't cancel orders and I would I have to wait for the dress to come. They charged my account $138. And later refunded me a small portion after a discount was applied. When I returned the dress because I didn't like it. (Fabric of an old curtain) They had prepaid label that would cost me $7 to send back to them. I tried to return it to the store but Ann Taylor in my area had closed down and loft would take it.

It had been a few week and no refund was made to my account. They kept giving me the same answer over and over again, saying that the amount had been proceed, but made no effort to verify if that was true. My bank finally had to step in and dispute the original charge. I saved all my emails from them stating my bank was who I needed to contact for the deposit. They gave me ridiculous answers and held my money for more than two months now. I am pending an investigation, and plan to report them to the BBB! They abused me and took advantage of my consumership. They are thieves and I will never do business with them again.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I returned several items I had purchased online at the end of June. I used the prepaid smart label included in the package they sent. By the first week in July, tracking still said "status unavailable," so I sent an email to customer service inquiring about the return. No response. On July 19 tracking finally showed that the package had been delivered, so I emailed again asking when I could expect the refund. Again, no response. Since then I have sent seven emails and tweeted them three times but no replies. I am really outraged by the lack of customer service. I will never purchase anything from the store again.

Original review: June 26, 2017

We had a balance for $80 with them that went up to $235. Every time they send us a letter to make payment we call back and make the payment over the phone. 30 days later we get one more letter saying we need to pay $115 and when we call their excuse was they have the account numbers wrong so we pay again and got confirmation number again and 30 days later we get one more letter for $150. So we call again now they saying we need to call the collection agency to have this matter solved.

All this time they have excuses like we are the problem when all this time we just try to have this problem solve and they keep writing the wrong number don't keep records. In one point we ask them to check the recording call to see that we right but never heard back other than getting bills going higher and higher and it affect our credit and we needed to pay again total of $235. Hopefully this will stop 'cause we don't know what else to do. If I could sue them I will probably do for all this harassment and stress and wronging our credit.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I ordered some blouses online and when I received my package, it was not my order and the packing slip was in another person's name with all her personal information. I called the online number, and was treated miserably, and told it was MY responsibility to send back the incorrect items. When I told them it was their mistake, I was told they have NO way of picking up the incorrect package. Then they tried to strong arm me into placing another order. It took 3 calls to reach a supervisor who was as rude as the others, and when I asked for a refund, she said she would "get around to it" and at that time I told her I was contacting my credit card company. She told me that was fine, as if I needed her approval. When I told her I would never shop here again, her response was "Alrighty then." I cannot believe how horrible the service here is.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Looks like many of us are having the same experience with online returns. I was a loyal Loft customer, spending over $1,000 per year on clothing online. I tried to return a $50 dress because it was too large using a prepaid shipping label. I followed instructions carefully and returned the item within two days of receiving it. I watched the UPS clerk scan the return label, but mistakenly didn't ask for a receipt. When I didn't receive a refund, I contacted customer service three weeks later and was told I needed the a) exact day I mailed the item, b) a tracking number, and c) a shipping carrier. Since I don't have these things, it seems I'm out $50 and Loft is out a loyal customer.

Other online stores begin processing returns the minute your return label is scanned, but Loft can't even help you figure out your return information when they are the ones to provide it? Fishy, shady, sketchy. Warning... If you shop at Loft, return items to the store and not through the mail! I'm disgusted by this experience and will never shop at Loft or Ann Taylor again.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Called tonight when received bill today (haven't used card in a year and this was first bill I received). AT tacked on $27 late fee and interest. When I explained I had not received a bill until today rep told me my account had been closed 2 weeks ago and so she could not waive fees on closed account. I asked, "Why is the account closed? I did not initiate account closing". She said must've been closed "in store". Only problem is I was nowhere near AT store on the day she said it was closed. No explanation why my account was closed, no help waiving fee... I'll pay it and NEVER do business with Ann Taylor again!

Original review: May 15, 2017

Have had this happen twice. They strong arm you into a credit card with a promise of a discount. Then if you are one day late paying, no matter how small the balance, they load you up with accelerating late fees. They don't show you this when you take this out at the store. It's a deceptive ripoff. I won't be paying their fees and I won't be shopping there anymore.

Original review: April 24, 2017

This took place at one of the outlet stores: I wanted to purchase 3 items; after the cashier rang up my coupon for cardholders, we had to call up the manager concerning an additional discount (the register was only showing a partial amount). The register had my total sitting at $52. The supervisor came from the back, she didn't say hello, didn't interact with me at all, no smile, no eye contact. I gave her my phone to show her the coupon. Again, she said nothing to me. It was very obvious she didn't want to deal with me or this transaction. She asked the cashier to re-ring the sale the "correct" way, which brought my total UP by $42.The supervisor then insisted that the previous, lower price was a "glitch in the system" and "the system isn't supposed to do that" with a bit of a laugh and snicker. At that, she walked away without an apology and with the same lack of expression she had when she first approached.

Original review: April 24, 2017

The worst customer service I have experienced. I placed an order that FedEx misplaced and tracking info was incorrect. I had tried to contact their customer service by email twice and they DID NOT respond for over 2 weeks. When I finally called customer support they said it was not their fault and it was FedEx fault so they could not do anything for me. They even refused to allow me to send my order back with free shipping!!! The customer service rep told me I had to walk it to a post office and write return to sender on it to not pay for shipping. UNREAL. In a time like today when 75% of shopping is done online, they are doomed!!

Original review: April 23, 2017

I returned some items by mail and it has been three weeks and I have not received the credit. Their service is horrible and they do not care about their customers. I will no longer be shopping there. I am send a letter to the president of the company.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Wow, this business needs a serious review of their customer service processes. Two weeks went by without receiving the order I placed in store. I paid for the order and received a FedEx shipping notification. So far so good. Order never was delivered, so I tracked it. Tracking number not recognized by FedEx. Now, if I were Ann Taylor, I would contact the customer and apologize, place the order again with free expedited shipping, a coupon, something. But nope, I had to call, talk to customer service who basically told me she will cancel the order and fill out a form asking for a refund which would take 7-10 business days to process. WHAT? Second, they didn't even notice order never delivered? Why did I have to call them? It goes on: she then takes a new order from me to get my items to me, offers me a waived 3-day shipping. I ask for overnight shipping, she approves, we finish placing the order.

She tells me that oh, there's good news, the order total qualifies for a promo, so the total is less than the original order. Yay, happy day. Well, when the order confirmation was emailed, it turns out she charged me $25 for overnight shipping!!! Didn't waive it at all! So I then have to call back a second time - this lady apologizes for the mistake, and works on it for maybe 10 minutes, comes back and tells me she has issued some other kind of "form" for a refund on the shipping which will take UP TO 3 weeks (!!!) to process. So I've now paid for the same item TWICE, paid for overnight shipping, waited for my items for a very long time AND I will have to follow up to be sure the refunds are processed correctly (if at all), because I have 0 trust it will happen properly. So far, they've screwed up each time so 100% of interaction has resulted in a mistake. How hard can it be? Waste of time and money. Terrible. Will never shop here again.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I placed an order on January 1, 2017. Received on January 7th, which is pretty fast for Ann Taylor as they take forever to ship online purchases. I had some returns from that order and shipped it back to them on January 13th, 2017. It is March 7th today, I have not seen any returns tracked or processed in my account, nor the credit card. I called them two weeks ago, they said to wait and call them back. Well so far nothing. I am really tired of dealing with all online purchasing drama with Ann Taylor, I was a loyal customer. Now, that is it.

Oh, it also turned out they shipped the wrong size of shoes. The box had the right size on it, but the shoes were the wrong size inside. I wore them once and told them that they put wrong shoes in the box, they told me to return them, even if I wore them once. I do not trust the return, so they charge me again for something that I DO NOT have. I do not have the time for that, nor the money or energy. Bye Ann Taylor. I am off to other stores. Customers beware. I am not even talking about how many other times they screwed up my previous orders. That is it!!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I wish I had seen Ann Taylor's reviews before I decided to shop online. I am so disappointed in the company and how they deal with their errors. I made a big online order, but when I submitted my payment, I was not taken to an order confirmation page. I checked my email and nothing. I checked my bank account and I was immediately charged, so I assumed the order went through. I called customer service the next day to ask about being charged, yet not given an order number or any confirmation that my order went through. They told me no order was submitted in my name or email, and that the charge was just an "authorization hold" and will "fall off" soon. Since the order apparently did not go through per the customer service agent, she offered to make the order by phone - which I did. Fast forward to when I received my items. I checked my bank account and the extra charge that was supposed to "fall off" fully processed.

I called customer service again, and the agent told me I placed my order twice. I told them what the first agent had told me, and they did not believe me. There is apparently no record of me speaking to this other agent and they thought I was making the whole thing up! I had to send my bank statements showing the charges for them to finally agree to give me a refund. Moreover, they did not fully acknowledge their error. They insisted I placed my order twice. Maybe the first order went through, but if it did - that was not my error, it was theirs, because they told me the order did not go through. I am still waiting for my refund, but now reading all these reviews, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes months. That is horrible customer service on their end. Needless to say, I will never shop at Ann Taylor again. Buyers beware!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I returned a dress to Ann Taylor the end of OCTOBER... Due to its late delivery, I returned the dress and a skirt which was purchased by a New Jersey customer, but was mailed to me! For the last THREE months, I have tried to get my credit card credited back. The last conversation, of about ten phone calls, was last month with a "customer service" rep who told me that my credit card would be credited within 3-4 days. Instead 3 weeks later, I get an "e certificate" for less than the full amount. I NEVER intend on ever buying from Ann Taylor again so an e certificate is useless and, in addition, not what I requested.

Today I again called "customer service" and asked that my credit card be credited as I did not want the e-certificate. I was told that a referral would be made to the "fulfillment center". When I asked for that phone number or the number of the corporate office, I was told that the "customer service" rep had neither phone number. I found the corporate number **, and called but was told that there was NO ONE at all at Ann Taylor who could talk to me. My next phone call will be to my State Attorney General, Office of Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Extremely RUDE AND INTIMIDATING male store manager!!! NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN. Went in to return something 1/22//17 that I had bought the day before! Would not let me return it, and explained to me why in A VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL WAY. Literally had to run out of the Snellville store!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I bought a shirt for about 31.00. I always put on my card then pay for it at the store. Don't like to carry a balance but like the points. To my surprise I received a bill on that amount. After calling and asking about it I was told I would receive info from a claims dept on what to do. I never received that call so I again called and was told to get a bank statement showing the payment. I then faced it to them. Called them again and was told they would take care of it. Then received a bill with a late payment charge! I called again and they again said to be patient! This went on and on.

The clerk at the store even called after looking at my bank statement and told them it was a obvious mistake! No luck! Rather than have it go on my credit I paid the 68 dollars. They were not helpful didn't follow through and were totally inept and even rude at times! I paid ninety some dollars for a 31 dollar shirt! I am cancelling my card! Loft credit card is unprofessional, inept and rude to their customers! I spend hundreds of dollars a year in this store and this was handled extremely poorly. I would never Recommend this card. I have since heard horror stories about their card service!! I spent time money and stress to no avail! Terrible customer service!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

I purchased a few items worth over $750, and returned all items but one on December 14th, and the package has been received by their returns agent on December 15th, and yet they keep telling me nothing has been processed! This is so ridiculously unprofessional! I have been shopping online all the time for the past couple of years, and have never encountered such an irresponsible company! I 100% regret shopping from Ann Taylor! I can't believe it's January 2nd, and they still tell me they haven't located the package yet!

I'm so frustrated, and quite stressed out! This is unacceptable! They have asked me to wait 3 to 5 days for their fulfillment team to contact me and discuss the issue with me, which I'm hoping it will ACTUALLY happen, because Ann Taylor does nothing but trying to make you run around while they do nothing, and enjoy the extra bucks they have for the items that they are in fact keeping!!! I'm definitely taking legal action, or calling my credit card company to do something if I don't hear from them within 5 days!!! Someone has to stop this unorganized and muddled system they are running!! I hate Ann Taylor! I hope no one chooses to shop any of their inferior merchandise!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I have always loved Ann Taylor but I am very disappointed in the way they handle returns at Christmas. I received a gift from someone who is an early shopper. I did not open the gift until Christmas but because it was purchased at the beginning of November they refuse to give me the amount of credit that was paid for the item with the receipt. What is the point of a gift receipt if they won't honor it? So I would have needed to open the gift before Christmas. All other stores, they change their return policy at Christmas and extend it into January. It is still December and the gift receipt was not honored. I still purchased many items but was unable to return the coat that was given to me because they were only willing to give me a fraction of what was paid. They even said it wasn't the amount that she paid for the coat because it is now on sale. Is that my fault?

It makes me want to tell everyone not to shop at Ann Taylor for Christmas gifts. I am very disappointed in the customer service. All everyone said to me was "Sorry, you should have returned it sooner." How could I have done that if I didn't get it until Christmas day? This is extremely frustrating! Spread the word, don't shop for Christmas presents at Loft or Ann Taylor as they will not honor a gift receipt.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I've waited over 3 weeks for a return to be processed. When I contacted Ann Taylor by email regarding the return I was sent a link to Frequently Asked Questions with a statement my email would not be acknowledged. I have no idea if my return will ever be processed and it's a lot of money. I will not be ordering from them again. I would expect to receive notification when a return is received and that it is being processed.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

After applying the Loft Credit Card, I made a purchase around $18 in Sep. I did receive the credit card in mail, but I never received any credit card statement and totally forgot about this until I got a collection call in Dec asking for immediate payment around $63. I could not even remember what the $63 charge was for until I created a Loft login online and checked the statement. It turned out the additional $45 were two late payment fee and financial charge. They told me I could make a minimum payment, but I told them, first of all, I never received the credit card statements, secondly, I will make the full payment, but it was really not my fault, why I should pay the late fee. So they agreed to take off one late fee charge and I ended paying with around $40.

After I made the payment, I immediately cancelled the credit card. This company is really disgusting. My credit score usually to be around 800, right now it drops to around 700 all because of this. I used to be an Ann Taylor customer, then the store closed, so I thought I will give Loft a try. I don't really like the $18 cloth I bought, but considering what a terrible experience I had, I will avoid this company completely in the future. Maybe they made money not out of clothes, but late fee by not sending the statements timely, then charge the customer late fee.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I dropped off my return package at USPS like the return receipt stated. It was a lot of clothes, a lot of money spent on them. Checked my acct no info on a return. Very upset. Will never buy from them again. I will be out a lot of money if they don't acknowledge my return.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

Bought 2 tops and after I received no notification after 5 days, I got on their site and started a chat. I was told that one item was out of stock. I then asked why wasn't I notified with no reply. I told him I wanted to cancel the order and he said that I could not. I then emailed them with no reply back. I just received confirmation from them that both items shipped. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHATSOEVER!!! Will never shop from Ann Taylor or the Loft again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

The return process is absolutely absurd! I'm having the same trouble that other reviewers are having. Sent for an exchange 9/28 and their warehouse across the state IN which I live still doesn't show it being received. Sent back a larger order using their shipping slip and still nothing posting to my account that indicates that package has been received. They are absolutely worthless and I plan on cancelling my email subscriptions and accounts with this retailer. I'm also chalking this up as a loss. Someone at their warehouse has to be sleeping for weeks on the return packages. Customer service is worthless as well. Our process takes up to three weeks... Well it's been over 2 months and nothing.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I'm a card carrying member of Ann Taylor, literally, but I've had the WORST time with their online web portal, coupon codes, and their customer service! The first time they released a code literally minutes after I ordered some things AND when checking out my previous codes got deleted. I tried to call to see if they could retroactively adjust my bill or if they could cancel my order and I would just reorder it, obviously they hadn't shipped. I ordered them 5 minutes before. The customer service on the phone were not helpful, and insisted there was absolutely no way to refund or adjust a bill for a customer and that they had no contact or way or cancelling an order. I also emailed and I got a cookie cutter reply that was not relevant to what I was even making a complaint about. I swore I would never shop there again.

But of course I finally gave in, and decided to order some things online for black Friday. Well of course the website is malfunctioning AGAIN. Deleting my codes, logging me out of my account and deleting my shipping address on both Loft and Ann Taylor. Obviously these are supposedly time sensitive coupons so I'm frantically trying to get them to work. I email customer service to see if maybe I can get an extension on the coupons or something. Finally Monday I get a reply telling me just to switch browsers... Hint: it wasn't my freaking browser.

I did end up making my order finally, because I'm a busy mom and I'm going back to school taking 16 hours coming up on finals. I don't have time to drive 1:45 round trip to my 'local' Loft with a hungry tired baby in tow at 6 pm to find a blazer at a affordable price. Luckily the deals were the same and nothing I wanted was out of stock yet but I don't understand their customer service department. I've worked in retail and customer service for a long time and I don't understand how they are so clueless when it comes to communicate with customers. I've got better understanding and customer service at my local Jiffy Lube. I would not recommend shopping here online unless you're into being ignored.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Let me start by saying I am a petite woman who finds it challenging to find petite clothing that is age appropriate. I discovered LOFT when I was in my mid 30's and never looked back. Their petite clothing was trendy, classic, and it fit! I have been a loyal customer for the past ten years. ALL of my pants and most of my tops were purchased at LOFT, but no more. I noticed the quality was declining, but more than that, the tops were just not cute. Yet, I would still find really cute pants and a few tops and sweaters. I managed to find a sweater, two tops, and a pair of jeans recently and placed an order online. I ordered Oct. 9 and had the jeans within a week. Unfortunately, they didn't fit. I returned them to the store, which is an hour away, but the same town my parents live in.

I waited patiently for the rest of my order. I received a notice that it shipped Oct. 28. Wow, it took a long time but at least it shipped. I waited and waited. There was no tracking info, so I emailed LOFT customer service. I was told a fulfillment specialist had to look at it and it would take 3-5 business days. I gave it 9 business days and had received no communication.

At this point I had received my LOFT credit card bill for items I never received. I sent another email. A few days later I received an email saying they refunded me for my order AT MY REQUEST because the carrier said the shipping address was incorrect. What??? I have been ordering for ten years, and I had received a pair of jeans from the same order! There was no communication about the shipping address previously. It wouldn't be so bad, but like I said, as a petite woman, I can't find clothes and was really counting on these for my fall wardrobe. Of course, they are no longer in stock, so I can't re-order.

I don't know what is going on at LOFT. I work in a similar industry, and sometimes computer upgrades can do crazy things, but they obviously don't have a well-trained customer service staff to handle the people part when things go wrong. I would rather receiving communication and an apology than lies. I will think long and hard before placing another order.

Ann Taylor Company Information