Ann Taylor

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Have had this happen twice. They strong arm you into a credit card with a promise of a discount. Then if you are one day late paying, no matter how small the balance, they load you up with accelerating late fees. They don't show you this when you take this out at the store. It's a deceptive ripoff. I won't be paying their fees and I won't be shopping there anymore.

This took place at one of the outlet stores: I wanted to purchase 3 items; after the cashier rang up my coupon for cardholders, we had to call up the manager concerning an additional discount (the register was only showing a partial amount). The register had my total sitting at $52. The supervisor came from the back, she didn't say hello, didn't interact with me at all, no smile, no eye contact. I gave her my phone to show her the coupon. Again, she said nothing to me. It was very obvious she didn't want to deal with me or this transaction. She asked the cashier to re-ring the sale the "correct" way, which brought my total UP by $42.The supervisor then insisted that the previous, lower price was a "glitch in the system" and "the system isn't supposed to do that" with a bit of a laugh and snicker. At that, she walked away without an apology and with the same lack of expression she had when she first approached.

The worst customer service I have experienced. I placed an order that FedEx misplaced and tracking info was incorrect. I had tried to contact their customer service by email twice and they DID NOT respond for over 2 weeks. When I finally called customer support they said it was not their fault and it was FedEx fault so they could not do anything for me. They even refused to allow me to send my order back with free shipping!!! The customer service rep told me I had to walk it to a post office and write return to sender on it to not pay for shipping. UNREAL. In a time like today when 75% of shopping is done online, they are doomed!!

I returned some items by mail and it has been three weeks and I have not received the credit. Their service is horrible and they do not care about their customers. I will no longer be shopping there. I am send a letter to the president of the company.

Wow, this business needs a serious review of their customer service processes. Two weeks went by without receiving the order I placed in store. I paid for the order and received a FedEx shipping notification. So far so good. Order never was delivered, so I tracked it. Tracking number not recognized by FedEx. Now, if I were Ann Taylor, I would contact the customer and apologize, place the order again with free expedited shipping, a coupon, something. But nope, I had to call, talk to customer service who basically told me she will cancel the order and fill out a form asking for a refund which would take 7-10 business days to process. WHAT? Second, they didn't even notice order never delivered? Why did I have to call them? It goes on: she then takes a new order from me to get my items to me, offers me a waived 3-day shipping. I ask for overnight shipping, she approves, we finish placing the order.

She tells me that oh, there's good news, the order total qualifies for a promo, so the total is less than the original order. Yay, happy day. Well, when the order confirmation was emailed, it turns out she charged me $25 for overnight shipping!!! Didn't waive it at all! So I then have to call back a second time - this lady apologizes for the mistake, and works on it for maybe 10 minutes, comes back and tells me she has issued some other kind of "form" for a refund on the shipping which will take UP TO 3 weeks (!!!) to process. So I've now paid for the same item TWICE, paid for overnight shipping, waited for my items for a very long time AND I will have to follow up to be sure the refunds are processed correctly (if at all), because I have 0 trust it will happen properly. So far, they've screwed up each time so 100% of interaction has resulted in a mistake. How hard can it be? Waste of time and money. Terrible. Will never shop here again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ann Taylor?

I placed an order on January 1, 2017. Received on January 7th, which is pretty fast for Ann Taylor as they take forever to ship online purchases. I had some returns from that order and shipped it back to them on January 13th, 2017. It is March 7th today, I have not seen any returns tracked or processed in my account, nor the credit card. I called them two weeks ago, they said to wait and call them back. Well so far nothing. I am really tired of dealing with all online purchasing drama with Ann Taylor, I was a loyal customer. Now, that is it.

Oh, it also turned out they shipped the wrong size of shoes. The box had the right size on it, but the shoes were the wrong size inside. I wore them once and told them that they put wrong shoes in the box, they told me to return them, even if I wore them once. I do not trust the return, so they charge me again for something that I DO NOT have. I do not have the time for that, nor the money or energy. Bye Ann Taylor. I am off to other stores. Customers beware. I am not even talking about how many other times they screwed up my previous orders. That is it!!!

I wish I had seen Ann Taylor's reviews before I decided to shop online. I am so disappointed in the company and how they deal with their errors. I made a big online order, but when I submitted my payment, I was not taken to an order confirmation page. I checked my email and nothing. I checked my bank account and I was immediately charged, so I assumed the order went through. I called customer service the next day to ask about being charged, yet not given an order number or any confirmation that my order went through. They told me no order was submitted in my name or email, and that the charge was just an "authorization hold" and will "fall off" soon. Since the order apparently did not go through per the customer service agent, she offered to make the order by phone - which I did. Fast forward to when I received my items. I checked my bank account and the extra charge that was supposed to "fall off" fully processed.

I called customer service again, and the agent told me I placed my order twice. I told them what the first agent had told me, and they did not believe me. There is apparently no record of me speaking to this other agent and they thought I was making the whole thing up! I had to send my bank statements showing the charges for them to finally agree to give me a refund. Moreover, they did not fully acknowledge their error. They insisted I placed my order twice. Maybe the first order went through, but if it did - that was not my error, it was theirs, because they told me the order did not go through. I am still waiting for my refund, but now reading all these reviews, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes months. That is horrible customer service on their end. Needless to say, I will never shop at Ann Taylor again. Buyers beware!

I returned a dress to Ann Taylor the end of OCTOBER... Due to its late delivery, I returned the dress and a skirt which was purchased by a New Jersey customer, but was mailed to me! For the last THREE months, I have tried to get my credit card credited back. The last conversation, of about ten phone calls, was last month with a "customer service" rep who told me that my credit card would be credited within 3-4 days. Instead 3 weeks later, I get an "e certificate" for less than the full amount. I NEVER intend on ever buying from Ann Taylor again so an e certificate is useless and, in addition, not what I requested.

Today I again called "customer service" and asked that my credit card be credited as I did not want the e-certificate. I was told that a referral would be made to the "fulfillment center". When I asked for that phone number or the number of the corporate office, I was told that the "customer service" rep had neither phone number. I found the corporate number **, and called but was told that there was NO ONE at all at Ann Taylor who could talk to me. My next phone call will be to my State Attorney General, Office of Consumer Affairs.

Extremely RUDE AND INTIMIDATING male store manager!!! NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN. Went in to return something 1/22//17 that I had bought the day before! Would not let me return it, and explained to me why in A VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL WAY. Literally had to run out of the Snellville store!

I bought a shirt for about 31.00. I always put on my card then pay for it at the store. Don't like to carry a balance but like the points. To my surprise I received a bill on that amount. After calling and asking about it I was told I would receive info from a claims dept on what to do. I never received that call so I again called and was told to get a bank statement showing the payment. I then faced it to them. Called them again and was told they would take care of it. Then received a bill with a late payment charge! I called again and they again said to be patient! This went on and on.

The clerk at the store even called after looking at my bank statement and told them it was a obvious mistake! No luck! Rather than have it go on my credit I paid the 68 dollars. They were not helpful didn't follow through and were totally inept and even rude at times! I paid ninety some dollars for a 31 dollar shirt! I am cancelling my card! Loft credit card is unprofessional, inept and rude to their customers! I spend hundreds of dollars a year in this store and this was handled extremely poorly. I would never Recommend this card. I have since heard horror stories about their card service!! I spent time money and stress to no avail! Terrible customer service!!!

I purchased a few items worth over $750, and returned all items but one on December 14th, and the package has been received by their returns agent on December 15th, and yet they keep telling me nothing has been processed! This is so ridiculously unprofessional! I have been shopping online all the time for the past couple of years, and have never encountered such an irresponsible company! I 100% regret shopping from Ann Taylor! I can't believe it's January 2nd, and they still tell me they haven't located the package yet!

I'm so frustrated, and quite stressed out! This is unacceptable! They have asked me to wait 3 to 5 days for their fulfillment team to contact me and discuss the issue with me, which I'm hoping it will ACTUALLY happen, because Ann Taylor does nothing but trying to make you run around while they do nothing, and enjoy the extra bucks they have for the items that they are in fact keeping!!! I'm definitely taking legal action, or calling my credit card company to do something if I don't hear from them within 5 days!!! Someone has to stop this unorganized and muddled system they are running!! I hate Ann Taylor! I hope no one chooses to shop any of their inferior merchandise!

I have always loved Ann Taylor but I am very disappointed in the way they handle returns at Christmas. I received a gift from someone who is an early shopper. I did not open the gift until Christmas but because it was purchased at the beginning of November they refuse to give me the amount of credit that was paid for the item with the receipt. What is the point of a gift receipt if they won't honor it? So I would have needed to open the gift before Christmas. All other stores, they change their return policy at Christmas and extend it into January. It is still December and the gift receipt was not honored. I still purchased many items but was unable to return the coat that was given to me because they were only willing to give me a fraction of what was paid. They even said it wasn't the amount that she paid for the coat because it is now on sale. Is that my fault?

It makes me want to tell everyone not to shop at Ann Taylor for Christmas gifts. I am very disappointed in the customer service. All everyone said to me was "Sorry, you should have returned it sooner." How could I have done that if I didn't get it until Christmas day? This is extremely frustrating! Spread the word, don't shop for Christmas presents at Loft or Ann Taylor as they will not honor a gift receipt.

I've waited over 3 weeks for a return to be processed. When I contacted Ann Taylor by email regarding the return I was sent a link to Frequently Asked Questions with a statement my email would not be acknowledged. I have no idea if my return will ever be processed and it's a lot of money. I will not be ordering from them again. I would expect to receive notification when a return is received and that it is being processed.

After applying the Loft Credit Card, I made a purchase around $18 in Sep. I did receive the credit card in mail, but I never received any credit card statement and totally forgot about this until I got a collection call in Dec asking for immediate payment around $63. I could not even remember what the $63 charge was for until I created a Loft login online and checked the statement. It turned out the additional $45 were two late payment fee and financial charge. They told me I could make a minimum payment, but I told them, first of all, I never received the credit card statements, secondly, I will make the full payment, but it was really not my fault, why I should pay the late fee. So they agreed to take off one late fee charge and I ended paying with around $40.

After I made the payment, I immediately cancelled the credit card. This company is really disgusting. My credit score usually to be around 800, right now it drops to around 700 all because of this. I used to be an Ann Taylor customer, then the store closed, so I thought I will give Loft a try. I don't really like the $18 cloth I bought, but considering what a terrible experience I had, I will avoid this company completely in the future. Maybe they made money not out of clothes, but late fee by not sending the statements timely, then charge the customer late fee.

I dropped off my return package at USPS like the return receipt stated. It was a lot of clothes, a lot of money spent on them. Checked my acct no info on a return. Very upset. Will never buy from them again. I will be out a lot of money if they don't acknowledge my return.

Bought 2 tops and after I received no notification after 5 days, I got on their site and started a chat. I was told that one item was out of stock. I then asked why wasn't I notified with no reply. I told him I wanted to cancel the order and he said that I could not. I then emailed them with no reply back. I just received confirmation from them that both items shipped. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHATSOEVER!!! Will never shop from Ann Taylor or the Loft again.

The return process is absolutely absurd! I'm having the same trouble that other reviewers are having. Sent for an exchange 9/28 and their warehouse across the state IN which I live still doesn't show it being received. Sent back a larger order using their shipping slip and still nothing posting to my account that indicates that package has been received. They are absolutely worthless and I plan on cancelling my email subscriptions and accounts with this retailer. I'm also chalking this up as a loss. Someone at their warehouse has to be sleeping for weeks on the return packages. Customer service is worthless as well. Our process takes up to three weeks... Well it's been over 2 months and nothing.

I'm a card carrying member of Ann Taylor, literally, but I've had the WORST time with their online web portal, coupon codes, and their customer service! The first time they released a code literally minutes after I ordered some things AND when checking out my previous codes got deleted. I tried to call to see if they could retroactively adjust my bill or if they could cancel my order and I would just reorder it, obviously they hadn't shipped. I ordered them 5 minutes before. The customer service on the phone were not helpful, and insisted there was absolutely no way to refund or adjust a bill for a customer and that they had no contact or way or cancelling an order. I also emailed and I got a cookie cutter reply that was not relevant to what I was even making a complaint about. I swore I would never shop there again.

But of course I finally gave in, and decided to order some things online for black Friday. Well of course the website is malfunctioning AGAIN. Deleting my codes, logging me out of my account and deleting my shipping address on both Loft and Ann Taylor. Obviously these are supposedly time sensitive coupons so I'm frantically trying to get them to work. I email customer service to see if maybe I can get an extension on the coupons or something. Finally Monday I get a reply telling me just to switch browsers... Hint: it wasn't my freaking browser.

I did end up making my order finally, because I'm a busy mom and I'm going back to school taking 16 hours coming up on finals. I don't have time to drive 1:45 round trip to my 'local' Loft with a hungry tired baby in tow at 6 pm to find a blazer at a affordable price. Luckily the deals were the same and nothing I wanted was out of stock yet but I don't understand their customer service department. I've worked in retail and customer service for a long time and I don't understand how they are so clueless when it comes to communicate with customers. I've got better understanding and customer service at my local Jiffy Lube. I would not recommend shopping here online unless you're into being ignored.

Let me start by saying I am a petite woman who finds it challenging to find petite clothing that is age appropriate. I discovered LOFT when I was in my mid 30's and never looked back. Their petite clothing was trendy, classic, and it fit! I have been a loyal customer for the past ten years. ALL of my pants and most of my tops were purchased at LOFT, but no more. I noticed the quality was declining, but more than that, the tops were just not cute. Yet, I would still find really cute pants and a few tops and sweaters. I managed to find a sweater, two tops, and a pair of jeans recently and placed an order online. I ordered Oct. 9 and had the jeans within a week. Unfortunately, they didn't fit. I returned them to the store, which is an hour away, but the same town my parents live in.

I waited patiently for the rest of my order. I received a notice that it shipped Oct. 28. Wow, it took a long time but at least it shipped. I waited and waited. There was no tracking info, so I emailed LOFT customer service. I was told a fulfillment specialist had to look at it and it would take 3-5 business days. I gave it 9 business days and had received no communication.

At this point I had received my LOFT credit card bill for items I never received. I sent another email. A few days later I received an email saying they refunded me for my order AT MY REQUEST because the carrier said the shipping address was incorrect. What??? I have been ordering for ten years, and I had received a pair of jeans from the same order! There was no communication about the shipping address previously. It wouldn't be so bad, but like I said, as a petite woman, I can't find clothes and was really counting on these for my fall wardrobe. Of course, they are no longer in stock, so I can't re-order.

I don't know what is going on at LOFT. I work in a similar industry, and sometimes computer upgrades can do crazy things, but they obviously don't have a well-trained customer service staff to handle the people part when things go wrong. I would rather receiving communication and an apology than lies. I will think long and hard before placing another order.

I have been shopping online for perhaps 5 years with Ann Taylor/Loft and have had no issues with the company processing my returns in a timely manner until the last couple of months. They seem to have switched from using UPS for the prepaid return, to USPS. It now takes about a month for returns to be processed. When you contact customer service to check on your return, even with the return package tracking number, they are unable to give you any information as to where the package is.

I am extremely unhappy with this level of service. I currently have returns pending, one for Loft and one for Ann Taylor that have not been processed and it's been 4 weeks. I just talked to customer service and they offered no help whatsoever, and just kept saying it takes 2-3 weeks. I had to call about a Lou & Grey return that had been over 4 weeks and I had not received confirmation of my return. In this instance they immediately credited me for my return with no explanation of what happened, and if I had not called I would not have got my money back. I am so unhappy with this current level of service from this company.

I used to be a loyal Loft/Ann Taylor customer. As of late the quality and customer service is terrible. I placed an order on September 9th for a couple of items since I am replacing my wardrobe for work. I ended up returning everything which was a total of 620 dollars. I kept calling on to confirm the package was received and at first the customer representative would tell me I need to at least wait 3 weeks for an UPDATE! I kept calling and finally someone confirmed the package was received on 10/12 and will need to wait another 2-3 weeks for a refund to be initiated. I finally get an email saying I will be received a gift card for 620 dollars! I called customer service and she told me since the package was received on 10/29 (mind you this is the date of refund not receive date of the package) it went over the 45 day return policy.

After explaining to her many times the package was not received on 10/29 but 10/12 she realized the mistake and told me they will be refunding the amount to my Ann Taylor card. Now it has been a little over two weeks and I still do not see a refund posted to my account. I contacted the credit card customer service and told me there is no refund pending. At this point I become infuriated with the amount of work I need to do. I called Loft once again and they told me a refund was processed to my card on 10/29 but it can take 2-3 weeks for the card company to receive the request and post it to my account. I have already accrued interest, had to make a minimum payment to avoid any additional fees and it is another waiting game for a week.

I am not sure why Ann Taylor has decided to change their return policy/method. It never took this long to receive a refund and it doesn't seem like their employees fully understand it. All they tell you is to wait and I find that unacceptable. I returned your merchandise, I should get my refund within 2-3 business days of receipt. After this awful experience I will no longer be shopping at Loft/Ann Taylor and may as well close my credit card account with them once I receive my refund to avoid this headache! One piece of advice for customers is to email them so you have documentation of items returned, don't rely solely on phone calls.

An order I placed never arrived though I was charged for it. I have called, emailed, and called again. Each time, I am told they will contact me within days. First, it was within 2 to 3 days, then it became 3-5 days. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told one could call me back within 24 hours. Seriously? They have so many problems that it takes a supervisor a full 24 hours to address them?? I will be reporting this company to the BBB, and I will never, ever shop at LOFT again.

Loft claimed my package was undeliverable. Sent the package back and said they could not return the package to me. I am no longer able to receive the item I ordered because it was "sold out" even though I ordered it in the first place. I asked for my money back including shipping and they said that they could not refund my order for up to a month. This is the worst customer service I have ever received and I will never use Loft again in the future to make online purchases and will make sure none of my friends do either.

Like many other reviewers, I returned items I purchased to Ann Taylor online using their prepaid return label and now 2+ weeks later I still do not have my refund. I contacted the company and they admitted they have the return (claim it took 2 weeks to get to them...) and that I need to wait another 3 and they will "try" and process the refund by then. Are you kidding me?!

I returned my items within 2 days of receiving them and I'm supposed to wait 5+ weeks for a refund?! I told Ann Taylor online that I not only will never shop w/ them again but I also will be notifying my credit card company to reverse the charge - which is precisely what I did. My advice for others is if you are not getting refunded in a reasonable amount of time or otherwise getting the runaround, don't stress yourself out dealing w/ Ann Taylor and their insane customer unfriendliness and just do a chargeback. I guarantee if enough people did that they would change the way they mishandle returns.

4 years with Ann Taylor counts for nothing when the Laura and District Mgr were in collusion to fire this employee not based on the employee work ethic but because the Manager Laura did not like she display a very happy face; and as her Manager never inquired as to her well being (expecting mother); as it turned out the 4-year employee was suffer from the pain of a crushed rib. When I inquired to Manager Laura about the action she stated that the 4-year employee did not give her condolence because her mother had recently die and everyone else did. Reality check... I restated to her that the 4-yr employee and myself had held her through her months of her mother's transition. So the add insult she added that the 4 yr employee had on a sweater (as they all do/have done) to stay warm because the Manager Luara had the air condition on 65 (cold).

Now the 4yr employee Andrea ** with fever and crushed ribs is sick and there was no empathy from the Manager. 4 yrs of dedication gone because of what... The Managers also made this separation based on the fact Andrea is not for Trump! Since when should your political party plan into your job. Now clearly the Ann Taylor Clarendon is all ** skinned staff. The Manager and Direct Manager were wrong to dismiss her. There have been several attempts to wrongfully fire the employee of course to no avail. Now is it fair to fire someone because of the political dislike? Because they chose to come to work rather than call out although without a happy face? Or is it more important to fire someone because they did not offer condolence for a mother who had been transitioning for several months? Taking a stand... So should Ann Taylor.

I have the same complaint as the most recent reviewer. I returned $315 in clothing with the prepaid shipping label provided by Loft. It has now been over three weeks and I've reached out multiple times about it because my return hasn't been processed. All they can tell me is that it hasn't been processed and some random department is going to email me about it. I have yet to get an email or any response to the emails I've sent since then. I will never buy online from Loft again and if I don't get my $315 back I will never buy from them in-store either.

I returned an order over two weeks ago using prepaid return label provided by company. To date, they have no record of return and do not have the tracking information. I used the label provided via the company. Customer service was rude on three occasions and of no help - simply stating there was nothing they could for me. A $200 loss for me at this time. Advice - DO NOT order online - if you do not live near an Ann Taylor of Loft - find a different place to shop. I was simply told to call back in a week and see if it shows up. Similar experience with Loft. I am sad as I have always enjoyed shopping here - the online experience and poor customer service has soured me.

I have been getting holes in all my t-shirts. At first I thought they were moths, but then I started pulling all the shirts with holes and discovered they were ALL from Ann Taylor Loft!!! I have realized that all that thin material that is used overseas is cheap material and this is causing the holes. What a shame - not any of my other t-shirts from anywhere else has holes like Ann Taylor Loft.

I have two complaints. First, I am TALL and NO store carries TALL selections. Secondly, NO store carries a size 16 and rarely can I find a size 14. I love the clothing, but it is unfair to us TALL and GENEROUSLY proportioned women to have to purchase online, pay shipping, and wait for an undetermined length of time to receive clothing we love. To those who make decisions about what sizes are available in the Ann Taylor boutique, please provide us TALL and/or STATUESQUE women with at least one size of each item you design and carry for the REGULAR sizes.

As with other previous reviews, I also had a very frustrating experience with trying to return merchandise to the Loft. I do not live near a store (I've online ordered in the past). The pants were ill-fitting and when I was able to finally make a long drive to one of the stores, apparently I was over the timeframe for returning the merchandise (45-day mark). I brought in my receipt yet the sales associate only wanted to credit me for what the price was "today" which was $12 lousy dollars. Forget it! After bickering with the sales associate and then the manager, she reluctantly gave me a merchandise credit (with attitude and a snippy remark of "next time, return your merchandise before 45 days!"). I told her "perhaps the company would like to indicate this policy on my sales receipt that you send with the merchandise?" I asked her to point out to me on this receipt where it says that you need to return it within 45 days? She couldn't because it doesn't say it!!!

Fast forward to today, I went online to use this merchandise credit only to find out (via the online "chat person") that the site wasn't taking my merchandise credit # because it can only be used in stores (not online!)!! What?! What kind of stupid policy is that? Again, I don't live near a store!! I will never, never, never shop this store/brand again. And yes, I did not follow through with my order. Let them keep their merchandise. Its not that special and I can shop more easily (with better policies) at Chicos, Boston Proper, Lands End, Coldwater Creek, etc.

Ann Taylor Company Profile