2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

Ann Taylor Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ann Taylor?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ann Taylor?

Original review: June 2, 2020

I made an on-line purchase that did not fit and tried to return it. The website does not "recognize" the return order number they sent me; no one answers the chat line (it keeps telling you your place in the queue and then times out before you get to speak with anyone); the text option is completely worthless (it takes days to get a response and it is some kind of automated, unhelpful response); and no one answers the phone. I will NEVER buy anything from Ann Taylor online again. They just refuse to process a return.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I have shopped with Ann Taylor many times and have been happy until now. I placed an order online yesterday, and had numerous issues. Their site shut down a few times and I would have to start over. I updated the shipping address, but when I placed the order, it had defaulted to an old address. Perhaps my mistake, but given the numerous issues their website was having, I doubt it. Regardless, I tried to contact them immediately and in total, waited over 50 minutes yesterday and 1 hour today trying to reach someone (via phone, email, text and chat). When I finally was able to connect with someone, they said they can't change anything with an order once submitted, not even an incorrect address.

It doesn't matter that the order isn't due to ship for 2 weeks; they won't change anything. No change, no refund. The only thing they said to do is once the items ship, I can contact UPS and try (no guarantee) to have UPS change the shipping address. Seems a bit backwards to change a shipping address after it's shipped. Needless to say, I will not be doing business with Ann Taylor in the future and will recommend the same to others.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I went to the Ann Taylor store in Rosedale Mall in St.Paul, Minnesota this morning. I needed to return a pair of shoes. When I walked in there were two clerks at the desk. I smiled at them and said hello. There was no response from them. I looked around a little, then proceeded to the desk to return my shoes. I stood there for a few seconds and neither one attempted to help me. Finally, I said hi to one and said, "I would like to return these shoes." One clerk took my shoes with a scowl on her face and did not return my greeting. She did not look at me and did not say anything. She continued to look down and had the meanest look on her face. I was shocked. She did my return and had nothing to say. I was so glad to get out of there and will never return to this store. These clerks need a refresher course on customer service! (I can describe this clerk if management would like).

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I really appreciate the convenience of shopping online and the quality of the clothing. I usually purchase sale or clearance items and I have never been disappointed. I love to shop but I don't the available funds that I had before I retired. Ann Taylor keeps me in the loop!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I went to local store yesterday. I found a clothes I like, but the store did not have the size of mine, so I asked the store clerk to check whether they have it online. She checked and it is available online. So I asked her to buy it for me online. She placed the order. After leaving the store, while I was checking online about other clothes. I noticed that the store clerk did not put 50% off on my order (they have 50% as always, because their original price is always expensive). So I called the Ann Taylor and asked them to cancel my original order. However, I was told that I can not cancel my order within 24 hours after I ordered. I was suggested to call back the next day to cancel it. I asked what if the order was shipped the next day. She was saying it will not be so fast. Even though, I felt weird, but I accepted the fact. So I decided to order the clothes anyway on line anyway and call back to cancel the other order. I got confirmation email after I placed the order.

Today, while I was checking my email, I found one email from Ann Taylor saying that my order was canceled “Due to high demand, we're unable to process your order.". But it did not specify which order was canceled (I had two orders yesterday). So I texted them (tried to call them without success). I asked. It was the second order I made got canceled and also told me the first order could not be cancelled because the order was processed already. I questioned them why I was told to wait for 24 hours before I could cancel my order yesterday. I was told that was not true. I asked why my second order got canceled; I was told that the clothes was not available for pick up at store. But when I checked availability, it was available for pick up in one of the store very close to me. I even took screenshot and sent to them by text.

So I decided to order the clothes again. I placed the online order again, and I got the confirmation email again. But my second online order ”got canceled again”. What a bizarre experience! I tried to call them, but could not reach to anybody. My phone was directly to survey asking me how I feel about the service. You can imagine what I rated the service. And the staff worked online chat repeatedly telling lies about why they canceled my orders. Different people were telling me different stories. I will rate “0“ for the service, and do not order their stuffs (quality is getting worse, the service is getting worse; the staff is lying all the time.)

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I placed two orders with Loft. One order included a pair of pants with a raveled hem. When I tried to return them, my only options were to pay $7.95 to ship, or find a store and return them there. After placing the second order, I noticed that the price of the items went down by 10% a few hours after placing the order. They refused to adjust the cost of my order. I will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Last week I went into Ann Taylor to purchase some holiday pants and a top. Unfortunately they did not have the red pants I wanted in a size 4. The assistant offered to ship me OVERNIGHT a size 6 petite. This was a Wednesday at lunchtime. Thursday, no pants, so I called Ann Taylor to complain. (Friday evening they arrived at 9pm.) When I called to complain about the item not being shipped overnight they said there was now a size 4 available online and to order that online overnight and they would waive the first pants size 6 shipping as it arrived late. Was told they would overnight the pants size 4 to me. That was last week and the pants still have not arrived. Today is Tuesday. Ann Taylor told me to fill out a complaint slip. I called again today and they said the pants size 4 shipped out on Monday night late. Don't order Ann Taylor online if you are in a hurry. They also do not compensate you for the inconvenience.!!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I love Ann Taylor Loft clothes. I love the timeless cuts, great colors, and high quality materials. In a time in which bulk has outweighed quality, I appreciate the perfection and detail in which each item is stitched.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I like the merchandising practices for women. Always nice products for women who work. The products are known for their quality and resale value later. Upbeat styles for women over 40 is very important.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I like the variety the store offers... clerks are very scarce; I can hardly ever find one, especially if I need assistance in the dressing room... prices are excellent and the quality of clothing is superb.. purchases I make last me for years.

Ann Taylor Company Information