2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.70/5

Ann Taylor Reviews

Original review: May 9, 2019

I purchased a shirt from Ann Taylor that was too small. I requested an RMA and was told that I would have to pay 7.95. I sent an email complaining about the return cost and Ann Taylor advised that they would send me a prepaid return label which I never received. Therefore, I paid out of pocket to return the item. However, Ann Taylor credited my account for the cost of the skirt minus 7.95 for a pre-paid label that they never sent. In other words, I paid out of pocket to return the item and Ann Taylor deducted another 7.95 for a prepaid label that was supposed to be at their expense as a one time courtesy. I will never shop at Ann Taylor again.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I have been an Ann Taylor client for decades. In February I was charged a $38 late fee. When I called them they said that my payment was done (via their automated payment system) after the cutoff time, which used to be 11:59 pm ET for a long time, and they changed it to 8:00 pm ET. When I asked for a reversal of the late fee since I had paid on the date it was due, the Customer Service agent informed me that I had to wait 18 months for it to be reversed. Wow! I couldn't believe it! I had never heard of such a thing. It left me with a very bad impression.

But still I thought, how could that be possible, so I called again to request the reversal and to give it the benefit of the doubt. And this one agent said that she would reverse it, but she never did. Why would she say that and not comply? I was in disbelief. So I called again, and was told that the late fee wouldn't be reversed and they would charge interest fees on it!! So, needless to say, after decades of being a loyal customer, that did it for me. I paid my bill in full but they lost a long-time loyal customer. There are plenty of other clothing stores and credit cards that will want loyal clients and care about them.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I've had an Ann Taylor card for years, but was late on a $38 monthly charge. I called and a Supervisor waived the late fee and we changed the due date on my card to a date closer to the first of the month when I pay bills. She then explained due to date change I wouldn't owe anything for another month. She assured me that there would be no other late fees due to the date change and I thought everything was fine. Then I got the new bill but they charged me interest even though I wasn't past due.

I called Comenity Bank again, their card customer service and they insisted she read the disclosure that interest would apply. This is not the case. If she had explained that interest would apply by changing my due date, I would have paid the balance due when I was on the phone with her. Why would I call to get a late fee waived and then knowingly go on to pay interest? Also, the representative was rude, kept talking over me and cutting me off. Also, they have shortened the time for returns in store without explaining that to shoppers. It's time to cancel the Ann Taylor Card!! I'll get the rewards on my MasterCard instead!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I made a purchase with a 50% coupon. They sent me two actually. This was because of terrible terrible clerks and their attitude and rudeness towards customers.

When I used the first coupon - I was told I can use on a marked down item as well as even if the item was in store at 40$ off - it would take 50% off my whole total. The first time it DID. When I went to use the second coupon I bought same type of clothes - an item from marked down rack and a pair of jeans that was 40% off. Yet the coupon did not work on this transaction like the first. Same coupon - same stipulations, etc.

Corporate was not interested in dealing with the actual issue. I just got the runaround and then last email said they would not talk to me anymore - will not address any future correspondence. So to avoid dealing with a customer issue - they have decided to just ignore. I guess hoping I will go away. Terrible terrible customer service at ALL levels. Read other reviews and had return issues like they had - got very little for my item even though tags still on and had receipt. Sold online and got more $ than what they were willing to give me. So sad. Their policy stinks.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Their return policy went from 60 days down to 30 days - and even less if you ordered online, as they start the 30 day clock from when you placed the order (rather than when you received it, typically 5-7 days after it was placed). I returned a dress and scarf with my receipt to a retail store 31 days after I placed it, and was told I could a) only get merchandise credit and b) the dress' selling price had dropped by $20, so I would only get the current price. Many clothing retailers will give a longer return grace period during the holidays due to stores being closed, not to mention it's just a nice thing to do, but apparently Ann Taylor doesn't care about their customers as much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ann Taylor?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My boyfriend purchased 4 shirts for me. Two in store and two they ordered for him online while he was with his mother two hours away for a gift. He ordered petites which I would normally wear. I am only 5'1" but I received them and they are too short- No one at work wants to see my tummy. Returning theses have been nothing but short of a headache. I am told I can return them at the Loft (The only store within an hour of my home owned by this company). I show up and to find out I cannot return these. The sales associate suggested I contact customer service. Customer Service said yes, I could return all four shirts via mail.

I start to complete the return (I will be charged $8 for shipping!) I then see in small print purchases made in store cannot be returned online. I call back customer service and asked again and am told no. I ask why they would tell me yes the first time and their response was I don't know. So now to return these I will need to drive to the nearest store and hope they will take them back. This is the WORST retailer to return unworn unopened clothing to. They will do everything to extend the time in which you return so you will run in circles to before you can get anything returned within 30 days. They will take your money and good luck getting it back when they sell you a product that doesn't even fit. I will never purchase clothing from here and I will share my experience and distaste for this store to anyone who listens and will be stuck with $100+ worth of clothing that doesn't even fit.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

This is a very difficult retailer to experience. The clothing is overpriced and has a definite "made in China" look to it, and the actual colors online are nowhere NEAR the actual fabric. For instance, "strawberry red" is actually a dark brick, almost brown, when presented. The clothing is designed for stick figure women, but that is not the biggest frustration with this brand.

The customer is PENALIZED for returning an item. A driver's license or government issued ID must be presented for refunds of any kind (some workers stated no ID for internet returns), but the workers do not seem to know the full extent of return procedures. The brand treats its customers like criminals...must produce a driver's license to refund for money that one has spent in your store??? Really??? The entire procedure takes at least twenty minutes or more, as they must "run your license" for the refund! Really!!?? I have spent my money in YOUR store without any ID, but I must present ID to return an item? Do yourself a favor. There are other good clothing shops to entertain. Ann Taylor (Oxford Valley Mall) has issues.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Very unfriendly sales people at Ann Taylor store in Deer Park. I tried to return 2 things I bought 7 days ago, they were too big. Girl that works there told me I need to have tags in order to return. I went back home to get tags, spent an hour traveling back and forth, and when I came there, girl run away, and ask another sales associate to serve me. She told me I can not return the items. And that’s ok, but they were so unpolite, like I didn’t spend around 500$ in the store. Terrible experience. Now I’m looking for another store. This one definitely lost a customer that has been shopping at Ann Taylor for years.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I purchased a pair of boots today with vouchers so of course, they are only redeemable in the store and not online. I went to put them on 20 minutes after I bought them, (thank god I was still in the outlet mall), and my daughter noticed that one boot was a size 7 and the other was a size 6. Needless to say I returned them and received a merchandise credit. From what I was told it cannot be redeemed on online either.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I purchased a dress online from Ann Taylor. It was too big so I ordered a smaller size which I decided to keep. When I tried to return the larger sized dress with the original receipt, I was told since it was over 30 days I could only get store credit and it would be for one half the price I paid for the dress because that was the current price. So they essentially robbed me of $40. Very low class.

Ann Taylor Company Information