1.41/5
Based on 180 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

247 Abercrombie & Fitch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I bought 2 men’s shirts online, using another similar Abercrombie shirt as a size guide. Unfortunately, the newly purchased shirts ran much larger & were too big for the recipient. I immediately sealed the items back in the original A & F shipping bag, and affixed the enclosed USPS return shipping label to the bag. The next day (11/30/18) I hand delivered the return package to a regional Post Office, and received a USPS receipt and tracking #. A week later, when I realized I never received any refund or return confirmation from A & F, I started checking the USPS tracking #. Tracking showed that the USPS had delivered my package to a local FedEx facility - only a few miles from the post office - 4 days later! There was no further progress noted.

I contacted USPS for an update, and I was informed that the USPS shipment was considered “complete” by virtue of its delivery to FedEx! Moreover, the USPS did not have any FedEx tracking # for my pkg, so neither myself nor the USPS could trace it! I immediately contacted FedEx, and learned that (a) FedEx cannot trace any item it receives from another carrier, incl. USPS , and (b) FedEx requires a FedEx tracking # to find my package.

I then contacted A& F to report the “missing” return. An agent said the company does not issue refunds until I receive the merchandise, and suggested calling back in a week. Finally - a week later! - I was shocked (and relieved) to get a FedEx text message with tracking #. Daily text updates followed, indicating that my package would be delivered to A & F on 12/12/18. Unfortunately, it was NOT delivered on 12/12! Instead, I received a new text update saying there was NO estimated delivery date!!! I called FedEx, which offered no explanation for non-delivery but agreed to open an “investigation” into my missing package. I reported the problem to A & F (for a second time) and to PayPal.

A & F said customers must wait at least 21 days from the date of return (in my case the date of drop off, at the post office) to initiate a review. PayPal issued a Case # and will follow up with A & F. So, as of today, my package remains in limbo, and I am still awaiting a $61 refund. This is the first and last online purchase I will ever make from A & F. This company is not set up to properly handle returns and refunds. Had I anticipated this unfathomable return protocol (including the highly problematic tracking systems of USPS & FedEx), I would have driven 1/2 hour to a local A & F store and returned the shirts in person! Lesson learned.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I purchased (online) 2 x XL black men's T-shirts and 1 x XXL black men's T-shirt. I used their online size chart. What I received were 3 T-shirts that are hopelessly labelled for size. I find this Vietnamese made product to be inferior in quality, cust and sizing and the T-shirt have had to be discarded. It is too expensive to return them from Australia for a credit. I have been buying Lands' End black T-shirts, size XXL (USA) and have found them a little loose, hence my trial of the A&F XL - the XXL was purchased for insurance.

It is clear, were I to buy A&F T-shirts, I would need to order perhaps a 5XL or even a 6XL to get the right fit. That would not resolve the quality of material and cut issues. Clearly A&F have gone for minimal cost product and it certainly seems quite inferior and a waste of money to me. I was intending to purchase more of the A&F men's range but that will not be happening now. So, back to Lands' End (and others), although an Australian based company appears to be introducing an acceptable line this summer. I certainly hope so.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I would not recommend shopping online at Abercrombie unless you are certain that you want what you are ordering. The site claims to have "Simple Returns" but they are far from it. It ended up costing me $32 out of pocket to return a jacket that I ordered online. Under the product description, in the returns/exchanges category, it says "US only- a -$7 fee will be added for returns" but I'm from Canada and was charged the $7 anyways. Customer Service did not answer me when I asked them why. The online instructions indicated to use the return label included on my invoice, which I did. The next step was to bring it into a Canada Post office, which I did. Canada Post had to charge me $26 to send it because there was no return postage on the included return slip. I emailed customer service and explained that I was upset, and they said sorry, they are not responsible for the costs. Very unhelpful.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

After reading all the reviews in this website, I thought it was only fair to write a comment about my personal experience with Abercrombie & Fitch. I live in North Carolina, and since I started buying clothes from Abercrombie & Fitch (Feb. 2018), I have never had an issue with the customer service, online purchasing experience, or the store in general. They have become my favorite store over Hollister and American Eagle.

Online Purchasing Experience: My closest store is 14.4 miles away, which means that most of the time I buy my clothes through the A&F app. Before I buy anything I carefully read the description, and compare myself to the models because they [A&F] always provide the model's height and the size of the piece of clothing they are wearing. I have only had to return 1 out of 7 items because sometimes their tops are a little too big for me, but that is literally the only reason. A&F have, in my opinion, the best quality and style for the price. When I have the need to return an item, I just have to drive to the store for 30 minutes and they would give me a full refund for the price of the item.

Delivery: When it comes to delivery punctuality, A&F has been one of the best so far. My orders always arrive 0-3 days earlier, but never late. In fact, I never choose fast delivery because I know that the items will arrive on time. Also, I wanted to mention that if a purchase is ever late, not only from Abercrombie and Fitch but from any online store, that would be the fault of the carrier, and not the company itself.

Customer service: The representatives at my store are the nicest. I have only had to speak to two people every time I visit, and almost always they have an answer for my questions. I don't have anything bad to say about them. In general, I think Abercrombie & Fitch has done some very bad marketing decisions in the past, but what I care about is the clothes and how they fit me, not the brand itself. I think A&F has the best quality/style of clothing for the price. End point: My experience with Abercrombie & Fitch has been great so far, and I don't think I will stop buying clothes from them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

This company will not cancel your order and will process regardless of my actions to cancel. Then it is your responsibility to return for refund. Called customer service to dispute and was told by the agent that she couldn’t help me and there was no one else to speak to. Managers do not handle customer phone disputes. The agent, Kiwah, sarcastically suggested that I call back to “speak” to someone else. She said it must have been a computer glitch and the order would process even though it had not shipped yet. Sounds illegal to process cancelled orders or orders that haven’t shipped. This could turn into a class action lawsuit for mishandling customer’s money and misrepresentation of ability to cancel order. Website prompted me that my cancellation was “successful”.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abercrombie & Fitch?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This is what I wrote: Yesterday I reviewed the 60% sale (10 Sept) and found a navy anorak jacket that was at $35, with 30% plus off. I placed it in my bag and when I returned to the site today to purchase I saw that it had disappeared. I know that items in the bag are only taken off if the items are bought and then sold out or if the sale is over. The sale is not over and the price has been raised to $52 plus 30% extra off.

I spent over half an hour on the line with the chat service who told me all sorts of stories that today it is at 50% (not true, it is $52 down from $130), that yesterday it was at 30% (also not true) and in the end told me I needed to write you guys an email, and I requested the same from him. The long and short of it is that I would still like to purchase the Navy Anorak Jacket Large at the original price that I had it in my bag, namely $35 plus 30% extra off, I see that it is still available. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I went into a store and purchased kids' wear and I had to show them the sales online before they were prepared to meet some of them, but even then they wouldn't match them exactly nor supply any discounts that were offered online stating in store or online savings. So I wrote to them. Who's the customer here and why aren't you offering your best price from the get go... Enough of the bull. It should be one price for all. You scan and it gives you the cheapest price.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I trusted Abercrombie shopping online and I will never do it again. I was very dependent on receiving the package because it was a present for my daughter. I paid 167 pounds for things. They were not provided to me because they said the address was incorrect. I checked and everything was written correctly, and besides ordering, I also left a phone number. After receiving an e-mail, the package cannot be delivered, I wrote to the Abercrombie and they did not do anything about it. It was their mistake and in addition I had to pay for the cost of returning the items I did not get 18 pounds. I will never do shopping there again and I will not recommend it to anyone. It is terribly frustrating and humbling for my person. You are such a great Abercrombie brand and you have failed. I feel a huge dislike for you, a total lack of professionalism and competence.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Wore a pair of expensive jogging pants no more than ten times. Not even heavy physical exercise and both cuffs at bottom are ripped. Customer service takes no responsibility for poor quality. Won’t buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Here is what happened: Purchased jacket on 9/17/17 for $140 via online. Price dropped 9/20/17 to $96. Went to A&F store in the mall to get price adjustment of $48 (refunded to PayPal). Decided to not keep the jacket two weeks later and went to return. Store refused to take it and asked to ship back. Jacket shipped back to Albany, NY. Item received on 10/27/17. No response from A&F representative. Called in 3 weeks after - another representative gave reference number with escalated claim. Heard no words from A&F. Called back after 2 weeks. Another rep said she will escalate claim and a higher team member that will contact within 48 hours. No contact after 6 days, and I decided to call today and the rep said to email orderservice@abercrombie the receipt of the price adjustment. Shouldn’t this information be told 7 weeks ago? I just don’t understand how a reputable company as A&F can run so inefficiently with their customer service.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I placed an order for 4 items on the A&F online store. I paid Shipping and Handling - $20 - via FedEx (this is the only option, you don't get to choose). The order was shipped to me in Israel and FedEx contacted me. They told me that I need to pay them duties and tax (which is ok), and an additional $30, for Shipping and Handling. Otherwise I don't get the package. Nowhere in the order process was I notified of the hidden additional sum (only the upfront one was calculated and shown).

When contacting FedEx about this, they sent me over back to Abercrombie & Fitch, telling me it's between me and them. When I contact A&F, they tell me to talk to FedEx. In effect, my package is held hostage until I pay Shipping and Handling a second time. Sort of a ransom. It doesn't seem like lawful conduct, to double-bill a customer. Hiding this during the order process is quite definitely proof of piss-poor attitude towards customers, and bouncing me back and forth when I want to sort this out is horrendous service, in the least.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I order frequently from Abercrombie kids and shipping has always been slower than any other company (Amazon, Nordstrom, Gap, etc.). It has gotten worse though. My most recent order shipped on 11/9 and when I tracked it the expected delivery date is 11/17! It ships from Ohio and I live in New Jersey. In this day and age this is unacceptable! Please get it together Abercrombie. This falls under Customer Service and you guys are seriously lacking by employing teenagers in the stores who are not knowledgeable or even try to be helpful and your online orders take a year and a day to get to the customer. Please take a cue from just about every other company out there and get your orders to customers in a timely manner.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I ordered online for around 100 euros. With express next day delivery. It's been more than 10 days now and still no merchandise. Calls, online chats, emails have only added to the frustration. Going back home to South Africa soon and I probably won't have my goods and the money I spent on it. Never expected this coming in to Europe. For a brand that I was hopeful would one day enter our market, I now hope that they never do. This is criminal!

Original review: July 11, 2017

I ordered a E-Gift card for my boyfriend's birthday and selected to have the card delivered to him the same day and it processed with the same day delivery. I waited almost the entire day and the card never came. I called customer service and was told it takes 24-48 hours to get the card which is not what I was advised ordering. So I canceled the order because my boyfriend's birthday was over. Needless to say, I'm STILL WAITING ON MY REFUND!! I will never in life buy anything from this place and the customer service is Horrible!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

So done with this company. Literally received the bottom of a bathing suit that was actually soiled. You could see and smell what I assume is menstrual blood on the bikini. Customer service was bare minimum. They offered to resend me another one the next day and two days later I did not receive it. I messaged their FB page who told me it is on back order and I'll know in 7-10 days if the item will be restocked. Basically I could have been waiting over a week when I was told I would get next day shipping. They offered me a refund of the extra shipping and bikini. After the health hazard I got in the mail, I was offered a $10 coupon. Pretty disgusted with the brand after my experience.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I ordered some shirts online from Abercrombie and Fitch, one of which was the white striped crew t-shirt which was on sale for $10. When I opened the box, the white striped crew t-shirt was not white. Instead, it was a pink-ish hue that does not go away when washed. This company should not even have sent this shirt to me because it was very clearly pink even when first looking at the shirt after opening the box. Very disappointed as an online shopper.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Overall I am happy with my purchase. I bought a pair of jeans on sale, and they look and feel great. The problem is I paid extra for 3 day shipping, and it took the item a week to arrive at my door. I've selected the 3 day shipping option in the past, and once the item is shipped (not including processing and handling time which is usually 1 to 2 days) the items always arrived 3 days later. In the past when I have selected 3 day shipping from A&F the items are shipped through FedEx, and come directly to my door. This time however they used Fedex Smartpost which basically adds an extra shipping day because Fedex then transfers the items to the local post office for delivery.

This has happened before, but only if I choose the default shipping option. This was the specific reason why I paid extra for the 3 day shipping. I didn't want to have to wait an extra day for Smartpost. I don't know if this was just a mistake, and someone missed that I had selected 3 day shipping, or if they've changed the way they do things. Either way they shouldn't use Fedex Smartpost for a 3 day shipping option, because that always adds an extra day. I know that the 3 day shipping does not include handling time (just want to point that out so anyone reading this doesn't think I'm being unreasonable). The item shipped out promptly the next day, and this being a Tuesday I was hopeful the item would arrive by weeks end. But it didn't. I ordered on a Monday, and it arrived the following Monday after being shipped out on a Tuesday.

Had it not been for Smartpost I would have received the item on Friday, but because of Smartpost I didn't receive my order until the following Monday, 1 full week after placing it, meaning that the 3 day shipping turned into 5 day shipping. I understand that once the item ships A&F isn't in control of how fast Fedex gets it to me, but obviously if Smartpost is selected the item cannot possibly arrive in 3 days. But that's why I almost always select 3 day shipping instead of the default option. To avoid instances like this.

I still love A&F, and this won't affect me continuing to shop there. I just don't think they should offer a 3 day shipping option if they're intent is to ship it by way of Smartpost. At best with Smartpost you're always going to be looking at at least 4 days, and sometimes 5 (as with my most recent purchase). I guess from now on I'll select the 2 day shipping option, and then maybe if I'm lucky the items will get here in 3 days (not including handling time). Either way I still recommend A&F. Their clothes are ultimately worth the wait.

Resolution response: April 12, 2017

i got a refund but company sells bad quality items and its a problem. i did few orders and each arrived with issues. you can shop with Abercrombie but prepare to get sad surprises

Original review: March 31, 2017

I ordered bass duck boots from Abercrombie.com... I have a feeling that G.H.Bass gives them whatever decommissioned ** they can't sell by themselves. I received scratched and covered in glue marks shoes. NO reply on my issue, NO refund. Cheated!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I have been always fond of their apparel and have purchased a lot of items from them so far. However, I have been having a terrible experience with online shopping. With so limited number of stores, even returning an item is a headache. With one item, my refund was altogether $14 less than what I spent, simply because they will deduct additional charges, and their shipping was not free either. This made sure that I would never purchase an item from them online.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Abercrombie & Fitch has been horrible to deal with. I noticed the quality of the clothing getting worse and worse, such as going to quality cotton to now mostly polyester & elastane so I decided to write to their design department and hear back what they would do (usually buy their men's 100% cotton woven boxers but they really messed the brand by changing them with 96% cotton & 4% elastane instead now, they're horrible now so I wrote to them about it). I waited and waited nothing.

I used the instant chat service several times and all they would say is to email the general email address. I did so, so many times and when I finally got a response, they sent me a one short sentence letter, saying "sorry we have no plans to change our clothing, thank you." I was outraged that they said nothing or apologize or anything to see what we can do or anything to handle my concerns. After all I have been a customer for a long time and for them to kick me to the curb and say merely nothing back.

So I looked on their website and saw where customers can leave reviews on their clothes, you'll notice that they have a leave a review for each garment. I did so and left 1-star reviews on the clothes I was buying how they changed the quality. The website says it takes 3 days for reviews to post but when I noticed if one review got posted, somehow two 5-star reviews would appear on top of mine immediately which I found odd when there was no reviews at all before mine. I then posted some more 1-star reviews and noticed they didn't posted them but they apparently allowed 5-star reviews to post but when I read the reviews, it was obvious the reviews weren't customer reviews but reviews written by Abercrombie & Fitch staff.

I began to look through the website and noticed there are fake reviews on the website after seeing the fishy reviews. I feel betrayed and lied to but yet they want your business. I understand they want to make money by downgrading their products but it’s the way they are doing it to customers. It is wrong for a long owned company but I am assuming the people who are running now aren't the people running it years back and it shows.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I ordered various items of clothing online from Abercrombie Kids. The items shipped quickly and I received them on time even during the busy holiday season. Everything is of excellent quality, the sizing runs a small so I had to take almost everything back to the store in which they easily allowed for the exchanges. The staff member was very helpful in helping me locate similar items and the exchange went well. I didn't have any trouble whatsoever and will definitely shop their website and store again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I purchased 6 items on Nov. 6th, 2016, it is now Dec. 7th 2016 and I still have not received my order. I ordered these items early, so I thought. I wanted these items before Thanksgiving. I was then hoping by Christmas, I am not convinced at this point that will occur either. They have shipped the order 2 times, no order received at my residence to date. I have been on the phone with customer service at least 10 times, their response is unacceptable... "There is nothing we can do", "We can not refund your money", "We can not ship another order", "We do not know where your order is", "Someone else received your order and there is still nothing we can do". So, I am at a loss, I have been charged, but have not received my order. Extremely dissatisfied.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I purchase a pyjamas from the Store on North Point Mall Georgia. I was there on black Friday. I select a XS and asked the cashier if I can come back to change the size if they won't fit me. She agreed. Then I like my pyjamas loose, then I came back on Sunday the 27th to exchange for a size Small instead. The guy that was in the cash register told me he was the manager and I will have to pay almost $9 more because the promotion was not 50% anymore. I told him my intention is just switch sizes. He didn't want to honor my price and made me pay for the difference. I was very disappointed. I paid the difference. Hollister changed a size for me same day, same promotion with not hassle at all. Bad customer service experience. Never come back and I don't recommend nobody to do business with Abercrombie. I am going to publish this in all social media now.

Original review: July 20, 2016

Seriously! It advertised to have short on sales for $20. Placed the order and waited for 2 weeks. Kept letting me know it is back order. Today, they sent an email and let me know... "We are sorry for the inconvenience, but your merchandise on back order is no longer expected to be available. If you would like a recommendation for a similar item, send us an email or give us a call." Seriously, they are selling the same shorts online right now for $35. False advertising. First time buyer, never ever come back again.

Original review: July 20, 2016

I ordered a pair of jeans on July 7th for site to store. I received an email that my order was in transit. After about a week of and not hearing anything about my order I sent an email and got a response a few days later stating that someone will contact me in 24-48 hours. No one ever contacted me so I tried calling a couple of times on two different days and no one answers. I googled a contact number and was able to find a 1-800 number which I called. I spoke with the CSR and she told me my order was delivered to the store on July 12th. I called the store to verify if they had my order and I was told that they didn't have it. I called back customer service and they said that they would forward my concerns to the resolutions department. I told her the resolution is to send me my jeans immediately or credit my account. She said she can't and it had to go to the resolution department.

I asked for a supervisor and she said they weren't available and that someone will call me in 3-5 business days. I called their corporate office only to get blind transferred and when I called back I was told that they cannot help me and I needed to email or call customer service. Finally I sent them a Facebook message and I was told that the jeans were delivered but there is a hold up but they don't know why and will work diligently to find out and that someone will contact me in 24-48 hours. I have never experienced such horrible service. As of yet, they still have my money and I don't have my product, this is pretty much theft. I will never shop there again.

Original review: July 15, 2016

Never seen such a poor customer and delivery service. My shipment was supposed to get delivered on 11th July and yet it is somewhere in between. I was in continuously follow-up for the delivery schedule but it was being delayed. Later today, upon tracking it shows: Shipment unclaimed and returning back to sender!!! Now, nobody had delivered the shipment at my home and why should I go somewhere to pick it up? What's the meaning of home delivery for the order above few bucks? Taking help of customer service in chat - customer service representative is so apologetic that almost I can see his/her tears! But can do nothing. Only can give toll free # for further help.

Now, doing EMAIL @ Abercrombie (provided on website for customer care), they have script of reply within one business day. From last 3 days I am emailing on this email ID but not getting reply back! Feeling helpless... Recommendation: Never try to place order online @ Abercrombie, Hollister. Deals are lucrative but you will spend most of the part of your life in just tracking order and if you are lucky, you will hear/get reply from customer service.

Original review: June 25, 2016

I've ordered several times and clothing has been great and good quality. I've had contact with contact centre staff and staff in store at both Abercrombie and Hollister of which the help has been 2nd to none and considering I was having support with sensitive sizing the staff in all locations helped me personally, and never once just read out the size chart. They thought for themselves outside the box and made me comfortable. Never had issues with shipping. It's £9 UK to send things back which can be a pain but staff are so helpful with sizing. I rarely get it wrong now with their support and when I was having to order a lot with potential multiple returns Abercrombie dealt with me with dignity and personal support with this waivered and a 20% discount to help cover costs.

Staff have helped me with recommendations for gifts and have always recommended appropriate items in the sale as well as some that aren't - IE recommended the right item not the most expensive. My only annoyance is I'm too short and the jeans come up long so have to have them taken up but to be fair I buy lots in the sale so it still works out very cheap for good quality items. Also as for no help/reply to messages/emails with issues I also had a slight issue and Abercrombie were more than helpful and replied to every message way before the 24 hr guidance.

Original review: June 14, 2016

Abercrombie online store has a policy to reply all messages within 24 hours, but every time I send a message about cancellation of product or ask for refund they curiously don't answer. Even if I send messages for two weeks there is no reply! They totally IGNORE you if you want solve any issue. THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM TO SOLVE ANY ISSUE. THEY JUST DON'T REPLY!!!

Original review: June 4, 2016

I ordered a pair of classic chino shorts from Abercrombie and Fitch a little over a week ago when they were on sale. Today they arrived, and although I am a size 6 literally everywhere else, these shorts are huge on me. They wouldn't even stay on my waist. They fell down to my feet when zipped up! I called to try to exchange the shorts, but unfortunately, they say that it will be my responsibility to pay to send them back for an exchange. That is unacceptable, because doing so from my country would be the same price I paid for the shorts in the first place! All the sudden my shorts cost double, because their sizing is misleading? Not cool.

This is not the first time Abercrombie has messed up my order. Of the 5 times I've ordered from A&F, 3 orders had big mistakes. Once they sent me the skirt I ordered in a different color; another time they sent me a completely different sweater than I ordered, then tried to blame me for the mistake, THEN when I showed them the confirmation email showing which sweater I ordered, they changed their tune and told me it was my cost to eat anyway. I am never ordering from this store again. It's way too expensive to keep covering their mistakes! Beware!

Original review: May 19, 2016

I placed an order over Abercrombie (Order ID: **) website last month. I was told to have a free shipping so I ordered the items for India at my home address. The total item cost was around $150 and Fedex through which they couriered - they asked me to pay 30% custom duty to get it delivered at my house. I was shock listening to such high custom duties. So I asked them let me talk to Abercrombie and get back on the same. Meanwhile I had these discussions and all I got a message from fedex that my order has been abandoned as on instructions by Abercrombie. Yesterday I dropped them mail and they are not sending me refund neither the items. It like a total loss to me.

Abercrombie & Fitch Company Information