3.2/5 (1235 ratings)

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abercrombie & Fitch?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abercrombie & Fitch?

Original review: July 6, 2022

I ordered a couple items from Abercrombie and had to return because size was too big. I sent the items back over a month ago and I still have not receive my refund. I keep contacting them and no one gives me a valid answer. I will never buy anything from that store.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I ordered over $200 in clothing from Abercrombie & Fitch. The website states that the order is shipped by OnTrac. When my order was "lost", I was put online, in a "secure" chat, and then transferred over to an online Lawyer website which required my payment of $1.00 for their service. Oh my Lord. I am NEVER buying from Abercrombie & Fitch--online, or in brick and mortar facility. Horrible.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I spent more than the five-hundred dollars to make the VIP Club. Imagine my surprise when they docked me for EXCHANGING a pair of sweats that they sent with a hole in it. This is the second year that they've denied me. After noting that I'd been working to remedy the situation, a representative gave me a small courtesy fee to my account, which took them from using the exchange that they'd been calling a return to latching on to a courtesy fee and telling me that I failed. When I consider all of the drama they go through to get you to spend then cheat you out of the club it isn't hard keeping my spending with them down to zero from here on out. The children's jeans are not good quality and the t-shirts get linty and look old within the first few washes in comparison to other brands. Avoid! They aren't that great.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I have lost 2 packages after my Christmas shopping last year and AF was able to replaced the items they still had in stocks and refunded me the rest. This time I ordered some clothes in March and it says the package was delivered by Fedex on 26th but I still didn’t receive the package after a week. I contacted their customer service hotline and the staff told me that they will resend the clothes to me.

2 days later I received an email from Marina at Research & Resolution department and told me that my package can’t be refund or replaced as she reviewed my order history seeing me already had 2 packages refunded or replaced in the past. Now she is blocking me from all packages ship to residential address. This is crazy! I have been their customer since day one. I like their clothes so I really have hard time not to shop from there anymore. I’d love to file a complaint about this lady Marina if there is a way. Instead correcting their own mistake, all she did is blocking me from shopping. Real smart!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I have left the website very confused and disappointed after the last experience that I had with Abercrombie & Fitch. The item that I tried to buy was on sale and after I checked out with PayPal I have realised that the transaction is waiting for "Authorisation". Checking on Google what exactly PayPal Authorisation means, I realised that basically either Abercrombie & Fitch doesn't have the item anymore or there is a technical problem with the website which was showing the item in stock.

The second thing, which is also important for me as a buyer, I just realised that they have changed the delivery terms in just a few hours, meaning that checking the website in the afternoon they were saying free shipping of orders over £50 and after a few hours when I have decided to place an order the price of orders qualifying for free shipping was over £75. Very disappointed considering that my order is still under "Authorisation" process and probably after 30 days they will say that they are sorry but the item is not going to be back on stock, even if on the website it was showing as being in their stock. This is on short my experience with Abercrombie. First and last one.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I've shopped in store before, in Trumbull before they closed up. Seems like they're losing customers already right? Well they just lost another one. I order online, waited until this coat came back in stock that I've waited for a while. (My size would keep going out of stock). When I placed my order, everything was going well until I received an email declaring my order was cancelled with no reason for cancellation. My items that I ordered - most are out of stock so I can't even replace an order.

Additionally, I can't even login to my old account. I'm utterly disgusted at how Abercrombie treats some of their customers, for no apparent reason (unless they are biased in what kind of customers they serve?). Disappointed. Lastly, their website is horrible to navigate. Every single time one of my items comes back in stock in my size that I really want to buy, I would put it in my cart. But when I go to process the order, it says "out of stock". Which makes zero sense considering I was able to add it to my cart to begin with. If I refresh the page and go back, you can still add the item to the cart. This needs to be fixed asap. Overall, you are better off shopping at Urban Outfitters or Madewell. They deserve zero stars for their incompetence in customer service and user experience within the website.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Ordered items. 12-15 received confirmation that items were ready to ship on 12-16. Called a couple times. They blamed post office. On 12-26 received another confirmation that items were ready for shipping. Only half of my order was there. This where Christmas gift. When I called back the only thing they Said, "We will get the rest of the order out to you." I asked what happened to the original shipping package. No answer.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I contacted Abercrombie twice through email regarding a return - both times my question was not answered at ALL. It felt like my email had not been read and I was sent a generic copy and paste response. I contacted them via chat twice. The first time, the rep didn't have the answer to my question then disconnected me. The second time they basically told me I would have to email my information in and wait. So I emailed again, and the rep did not answer my question which was VERY CLEARLY written in my email.

I returned a package using the label provided in the package - it was delayed because of USPS (not because I dropped it off 3 weeks late but because USPS took close to a month to deliver this product. I kid you not, I checked this tracking almost daily) and I contacted Abercrombie letting them know that my package was being delayed because I didn't want to have any issues with my return. They advised that I just wait and that there wouldn't be any issues - I waited close to a month. They finally received the return and processed my $150 return as a gift card when I requested for original method of payment. They told me they couldn't refund it as so because it was past the 30 day return window.

I didn't know that the shipping time of USPS, using the label they provided, would be factored into that because that's something I don't have any control over. Had I known the vendor they work with for their shipments would take close to a month to return the item, I would have gone into the store myself. When I contacted them explaining the situation - they basically told me that there was nothing they could do and offered me a 20% off promo code.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I purchased clothes for my grandchildren from Ambercrombie and Fitch as I always do, but this year will be the last year. The jeans I bought my grandchildren did not fit, so I sent them back with their return label on 08/21/20. The company received the return on 08/25/20, after many emails and phone calls and the worst customer service you could ever receive they still have not refunded my money back to my credit card. Just got off the phone with them again and maybe I will receive my refund next week.

I am done!!!! Never again will I purchase from them. We have other choices in this world, their product is not so great. They can steal from people. When they have the merchandise and I do not have my money back that is theft. So buyers beware. If the clothes don't fit and you return them the likelihood of you receiving your refund is not very likely. At this point I will have to pursue legal action to get my refund. My grandchildren never even tried them on. They were never taken out of the original plastic bags. My daughter also purchased jeans for them then called me told me to return the ones I bought because the kids couldn't fit in the ones she bought from them. So these were in the original package, never opened, never tried on. I am just out of my money because Ambercrombie and Fitch has not refunded my money but has the merchandise. I do not recommend purchasing anything from this company.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Sold me clothes they didn't have available. The jeans I purchased were available in-store and I told the rep I'd prefer to just go pick them up... BUT the stupid rep insisted they ship it to me.... Now they're sold out.... MORON!!!! I WILL NEVER SHOP THEM AGAIN. Now they ask me to wait 5-7 days to get MY money back.... Such trash.

Abercrombie & Fitch Company Information