1.42/5
Based on 177 reviews that contain star ratings

244 Abercrombie & Fitch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

After reading all the reviews in this website, I thought it was only fair to write a comment about my personal experience with Abercrombie & Fitch. I live in North Carolina, and since I started buying clothes from Abercrombie & Fitch (Feb. 2018), I have never had an issue with the customer service, online purchasing experience, or the store in general. They have become my favorite store over Hollister and American Eagle.

Online Purchasing Experience: My closest store is 14.4 miles away, which means that most of the time I buy my clothes through the A&F app. Before I buy anything I carefully read the description, and compare myself to the models because they [A&F] always provide the model's height and the size of the piece of clothing they are wearing. I have only had to return 1 out of 7 items because sometimes their tops are a little too big for me, but that is literally the only reason. A&F have, in my opinion, the best quality and style for the price. When I have the need to return an item, I just have to drive to the store for 30 minutes and they would give me a full refund for the price of the item.

Delivery: When it comes to delivery punctuality, A&F has been one of the best so far. My orders always arrive 0-3 days earlier, but never late. In fact, I never choose fast delivery because I know that the items will arrive on time. Also, I wanted to mention that if a purchase is ever late, not only from Abercrombie and Fitch but from any online store, that would be the fault of the carrier, and not the company itself.

Customer service: The representatives at my store are the nicest. I have only had to speak to two people every time I visit, and almost always they have an answer for my questions. I don't have anything bad to say about them. In general, I think Abercrombie & Fitch has done some very bad marketing decisions in the past, but what I care about is the clothes and how they fit me, not the brand itself. I think A&F has the best quality/style of clothing for the price. End point: My experience with Abercrombie & Fitch has been great so far, and I don't think I will stop buying clothes from them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

This company will not cancel your order and will process regardless of my actions to cancel. Then it is your responsibility to return for refund. Called customer service to dispute and was told by the agent that she couldn’t help me and there was no one else to speak to. Managers do not handle customer phone disputes. The agent, Kiwah, sarcastically suggested that I call back to “speak” to someone else. She said it must have been a computer glitch and the order would process even though it had not shipped yet. Sounds illegal to process cancelled orders or orders that haven’t shipped. This could turn into a class action lawsuit for mishandling customer’s money and misrepresentation of ability to cancel order. Website prompted me that my cancellation was “successful”.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This is what I wrote: Yesterday I reviewed the 60% sale (10 Sept) and found a navy anorak jacket that was at $35, with 30% plus off. I placed it in my bag and when I returned to the site today to purchase I saw that it had disappeared. I know that items in the bag are only taken off if the items are bought and then sold out or if the sale is over. The sale is not over and the price has been raised to $52 plus 30% extra off.

I spent over half an hour on the line with the chat service who told me all sorts of stories that today it is at 50% (not true, it is $52 down from $130), that yesterday it was at 30% (also not true) and in the end told me I needed to write you guys an email, and I requested the same from him. The long and short of it is that I would still like to purchase the Navy Anorak Jacket Large at the original price that I had it in my bag, namely $35 plus 30% extra off, I see that it is still available. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I went into a store and purchased kids' wear and I had to show them the sales online before they were prepared to meet some of them, but even then they wouldn't match them exactly nor supply any discounts that were offered online stating in store or online savings. So I wrote to them. Who's the customer here and why aren't you offering your best price from the get go... Enough of the bull. It should be one price for all. You scan and it gives you the cheapest price.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I trusted Abercrombie shopping online and I will never do it again. I was very dependent on receiving the package because it was a present for my daughter. I paid 167 pounds for things. They were not provided to me because they said the address was incorrect. I checked and everything was written correctly, and besides ordering, I also left a phone number. After receiving an e-mail, the package cannot be delivered, I wrote to the Abercrombie and they did not do anything about it. It was their mistake and in addition I had to pay for the cost of returning the items I did not get 18 pounds. I will never do shopping there again and I will not recommend it to anyone. It is terribly frustrating and humbling for my person. You are such a great Abercrombie brand and you have failed. I feel a huge dislike for you, a total lack of professionalism and competence.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abercrombie & Fitch?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Wore a pair of expensive jogging pants no more than ten times. Not even heavy physical exercise and both cuffs at bottom are ripped. Customer service takes no responsibility for poor quality. Won’t buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Here is what happened: Purchased jacket on 9/17/17 for $140 via online. Price dropped 9/20/17 to $96. Went to A&F store in the mall to get price adjustment of $48 (refunded to PayPal). Decided to not keep the jacket two weeks later and went to return. Store refused to take it and asked to ship back. Jacket shipped back to Albany, NY. Item received on 10/27/17. No response from A&F representative. Called in 3 weeks after - another representative gave reference number with escalated claim. Heard no words from A&F. Called back after 2 weeks. Another rep said she will escalate claim and a higher team member that will contact within 48 hours. No contact after 6 days, and I decided to call today and the rep said to email orderservice@abercrombie the receipt of the price adjustment. Shouldn’t this information be told 7 weeks ago? I just don’t understand how a reputable company as A&F can run so inefficiently with their customer service.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I placed an order for 4 items on the A&F online store. I paid Shipping and Handling - $20 - via FedEx (this is the only option, you don't get to choose). The order was shipped to me in Israel and FedEx contacted me. They told me that I need to pay them duties and tax (which is ok), and an additional $30, for Shipping and Handling. Otherwise I don't get the package. Nowhere in the order process was I notified of the hidden additional sum (only the upfront one was calculated and shown).

When contacting FedEx about this, they sent me over back to Abercrombie & Fitch, telling me it's between me and them. When I contact A&F, they tell me to talk to FedEx. In effect, my package is held hostage until I pay Shipping and Handling a second time. Sort of a ransom. It doesn't seem like lawful conduct, to double-bill a customer. Hiding this during the order process is quite definitely proof of piss-poor attitude towards customers, and bouncing me back and forth when I want to sort this out is horrendous service, in the least.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I order frequently from Abercrombie kids and shipping has always been slower than any other company (Amazon, Nordstrom, Gap, etc.). It has gotten worse though. My most recent order shipped on 11/9 and when I tracked it the expected delivery date is 11/17! It ships from Ohio and I live in New Jersey. In this day and age this is unacceptable! Please get it together Abercrombie. This falls under Customer Service and you guys are seriously lacking by employing teenagers in the stores who are not knowledgeable or even try to be helpful and your online orders take a year and a day to get to the customer. Please take a cue from just about every other company out there and get your orders to customers in a timely manner.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I ordered online for around 100 euros. With express next day delivery. It's been more than 10 days now and still no merchandise. Calls, online chats, emails have only added to the frustration. Going back home to South Africa soon and I probably won't have my goods and the money I spent on it. Never expected this coming in to Europe. For a brand that I was hopeful would one day enter our market, I now hope that they never do. This is criminal!

Original review: July 11, 2017

I ordered a E-Gift card for my boyfriend's birthday and selected to have the card delivered to him the same day and it processed with the same day delivery. I waited almost the entire day and the card never came. I called customer service and was told it takes 24-48 hours to get the card which is not what I was advised ordering. So I canceled the order because my boyfriend's birthday was over. Needless to say, I'm STILL WAITING ON MY REFUND!! I will never in life buy anything from this place and the customer service is Horrible!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

So done with this company. Literally received the bottom of a bathing suit that was actually soiled. You could see and smell what I assume is menstrual blood on the bikini. Customer service was bare minimum. They offered to resend me another one the next day and two days later I did not receive it. I messaged their FB page who told me it is on back order and I'll know in 7-10 days if the item will be restocked. Basically I could have been waiting over a week when I was told I would get next day shipping. They offered me a refund of the extra shipping and bikini. After the health hazard I got in the mail, I was offered a $10 coupon. Pretty disgusted with the brand after my experience.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I ordered some shirts online from Abercrombie and Fitch, one of which was the white striped crew t-shirt which was on sale for $10. When I opened the box, the white striped crew t-shirt was not white. Instead, it was a pink-ish hue that does not go away when washed. This company should not even have sent this shirt to me because it was very clearly pink even when first looking at the shirt after opening the box. Very disappointed as an online shopper.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Overall I am happy with my purchase. I bought a pair of jeans on sale, and they look and feel great. The problem is I paid extra for 3 day shipping, and it took the item a week to arrive at my door. I've selected the 3 day shipping option in the past, and once the item is shipped (not including processing and handling time which is usually 1 to 2 days) the items always arrived 3 days later. In the past when I have selected 3 day shipping from A&F the items are shipped through FedEx, and come directly to my door. This time however they used Fedex Smartpost which basically adds an extra shipping day because Fedex then transfers the items to the local post office for delivery.

This has happened before, but only if I choose the default shipping option. This was the specific reason why I paid extra for the 3 day shipping. I didn't want to have to wait an extra day for Smartpost. I don't know if this was just a mistake, and someone missed that I had selected 3 day shipping, or if they've changed the way they do things. Either way they shouldn't use Fedex Smartpost for a 3 day shipping option, because that always adds an extra day. I know that the 3 day shipping does not include handling time (just want to point that out so anyone reading this doesn't think I'm being unreasonable). The item shipped out promptly the next day, and this being a Tuesday I was hopeful the item would arrive by weeks end. But it didn't. I ordered on a Monday, and it arrived the following Monday after being shipped out on a Tuesday.

Had it not been for Smartpost I would have received the item on Friday, but because of Smartpost I didn't receive my order until the following Monday, 1 full week after placing it, meaning that the 3 day shipping turned into 5 day shipping. I understand that once the item ships A&F isn't in control of how fast Fedex gets it to me, but obviously if Smartpost is selected the item cannot possibly arrive in 3 days. But that's why I almost always select 3 day shipping instead of the default option. To avoid instances like this.

I still love A&F, and this won't affect me continuing to shop there. I just don't think they should offer a 3 day shipping option if they're intent is to ship it by way of Smartpost. At best with Smartpost you're always going to be looking at at least 4 days, and sometimes 5 (as with my most recent purchase). I guess from now on I'll select the 2 day shipping option, and then maybe if I'm lucky the items will get here in 3 days (not including handling time). Either way I still recommend A&F. Their clothes are ultimately worth the wait.

Resolution response: April 12, 2017

i got a refund but company sells bad quality items and its a problem. i did few orders and each arrived with issues. you can shop with Abercrombie but prepare to get sad surprises

Original review: March 31, 2017

I ordered bass duck boots from Abercrombie.com... I have a feeling that G.H.Bass gives them whatever decommissioned ** they can't sell by themselves. I received scratched and covered in glue marks shoes. NO reply on my issue, NO refund. Cheated!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I have been always fond of their apparel and have purchased a lot of items from them so far. However, I have been having a terrible experience with online shopping. With so limited number of stores, even returning an item is a headache. With one item, my refund was altogether $14 less than what I spent, simply because they will deduct additional charges, and their shipping was not free either. This made sure that I would never purchase an item from them online.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Abercrombie & Fitch has been horrible to deal with. I noticed the quality of the clothing getting worse and worse, such as going to quality cotton to now mostly polyester & elastane so I decided to write to their design department and hear back what they would do (usually buy their men's 100% cotton woven boxers but they really messed the brand by changing them with 96% cotton & 4% elastane instead now, they're horrible now so I wrote to them about it). I waited and waited nothing.

I used the instant chat service several times and all they would say is to email the general email address. I did so, so many times and when I finally got a response, they sent me a one short sentence letter, saying "sorry we have no plans to change our clothing, thank you." I was outraged that they said nothing or apologize or anything to see what we can do or anything to handle my concerns. After all I have been a customer for a long time and for them to kick me to the curb and say merely nothing back.

So I looked on their website and saw where customers can leave reviews on their clothes, you'll notice that they have a leave a review for each garment. I did so and left 1-star reviews on the clothes I was buying how they changed the quality. The website says it takes 3 days for reviews to post but when I noticed if one review got posted, somehow two 5-star reviews would appear on top of mine immediately which I found odd when there was no reviews at all before mine. I then posted some more 1-star reviews and noticed they didn't posted them but they apparently allowed 5-star reviews to post but when I read the reviews, it was obvious the reviews weren't customer reviews but reviews written by Abercrombie & Fitch staff.

I began to look through the website and noticed there are fake reviews on the website after seeing the fishy reviews. I feel betrayed and lied to but yet they want your business. I understand they want to make money by downgrading their products but it’s the way they are doing it to customers. It is wrong for a long owned company but I am assuming the people who are running now aren't the people running it years back and it shows.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I ordered various items of clothing online from Abercrombie Kids. The items shipped quickly and I received them on time even during the busy holiday season. Everything is of excellent quality, the sizing runs a small so I had to take almost everything back to the store in which they easily allowed for the exchanges. The staff member was very helpful in helping me locate similar items and the exchange went well. I didn't have any trouble whatsoever and will definitely shop their website and store again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I purchased 6 items on Nov. 6th, 2016, it is now Dec. 7th 2016 and I still have not received my order. I ordered these items early, so I thought. I wanted these items before Thanksgiving. I was then hoping by Christmas, I am not convinced at this point that will occur either. They have shipped the order 2 times, no order received at my residence to date. I have been on the phone with customer service at least 10 times, their response is unacceptable... "There is nothing we can do", "We can not refund your money", "We can not ship another order", "We do not know where your order is", "Someone else received your order and there is still nothing we can do". So, I am at a loss, I have been charged, but have not received my order. Extremely dissatisfied.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I purchase a pyjamas from the Store on North Point Mall Georgia. I was there on black Friday. I select a XS and asked the cashier if I can come back to change the size if they won't fit me. She agreed. Then I like my pyjamas loose, then I came back on Sunday the 27th to exchange for a size Small instead. The guy that was in the cash register told me he was the manager and I will have to pay almost $9 more because the promotion was not 50% anymore. I told him my intention is just switch sizes. He didn't want to honor my price and made me pay for the difference. I was very disappointed. I paid the difference. Hollister changed a size for me same day, same promotion with not hassle at all. Bad customer service experience. Never come back and I don't recommend nobody to do business with Abercrombie. I am going to publish this in all social media now.

Original review: July 20, 2016

Seriously! It advertised to have short on sales for $20. Placed the order and waited for 2 weeks. Kept letting me know it is back order. Today, they sent an email and let me know... "We are sorry for the inconvenience, but your merchandise on back order is no longer expected to be available. If you would like a recommendation for a similar item, send us an email or give us a call." Seriously, they are selling the same shorts online right now for $35. False advertising. First time buyer, never ever come back again.

Original review: July 20, 2016

I ordered a pair of jeans on July 7th for site to store. I received an email that my order was in transit. After about a week of and not hearing anything about my order I sent an email and got a response a few days later stating that someone will contact me in 24-48 hours. No one ever contacted me so I tried calling a couple of times on two different days and no one answers. I googled a contact number and was able to find a 1-800 number which I called. I spoke with the CSR and she told me my order was delivered to the store on July 12th. I called the store to verify if they had my order and I was told that they didn't have it. I called back customer service and they said that they would forward my concerns to the resolutions department. I told her the resolution is to send me my jeans immediately or credit my account. She said she can't and it had to go to the resolution department.

I asked for a supervisor and she said they weren't available and that someone will call me in 3-5 business days. I called their corporate office only to get blind transferred and when I called back I was told that they cannot help me and I needed to email or call customer service. Finally I sent them a Facebook message and I was told that the jeans were delivered but there is a hold up but they don't know why and will work diligently to find out and that someone will contact me in 24-48 hours. I have never experienced such horrible service. As of yet, they still have my money and I don't have my product, this is pretty much theft. I will never shop there again.

Original review: July 15, 2016

Never seen such a poor customer and delivery service. My shipment was supposed to get delivered on 11th July and yet it is somewhere in between. I was in continuously follow-up for the delivery schedule but it was being delayed. Later today, upon tracking it shows: Shipment unclaimed and returning back to sender!!! Now, nobody had delivered the shipment at my home and why should I go somewhere to pick it up? What's the meaning of home delivery for the order above few bucks? Taking help of customer service in chat - customer service representative is so apologetic that almost I can see his/her tears! But can do nothing. Only can give toll free # for further help.

Now, doing EMAIL @ Abercrombie (provided on website for customer care), they have script of reply within one business day. From last 3 days I am emailing on this email ID but not getting reply back! Feeling helpless... Recommendation: Never try to place order online @ Abercrombie, Hollister. Deals are lucrative but you will spend most of the part of your life in just tracking order and if you are lucky, you will hear/get reply from customer service.

Original review: June 25, 2016

I've ordered several times and clothing has been great and good quality. I've had contact with contact centre staff and staff in store at both Abercrombie and Hollister of which the help has been 2nd to none and considering I was having support with sensitive sizing the staff in all locations helped me personally, and never once just read out the size chart. They thought for themselves outside the box and made me comfortable. Never had issues with shipping. It's £9 UK to send things back which can be a pain but staff are so helpful with sizing. I rarely get it wrong now with their support and when I was having to order a lot with potential multiple returns Abercrombie dealt with me with dignity and personal support with this waivered and a 20% discount to help cover costs.

Staff have helped me with recommendations for gifts and have always recommended appropriate items in the sale as well as some that aren't - IE recommended the right item not the most expensive. My only annoyance is I'm too short and the jeans come up long so have to have them taken up but to be fair I buy lots in the sale so it still works out very cheap for good quality items. Also as for no help/reply to messages/emails with issues I also had a slight issue and Abercrombie were more than helpful and replied to every message way before the 24 hr guidance.

Original review: June 14, 2016

Abercrombie online store has a policy to reply all messages within 24 hours, but every time I send a message about cancellation of product or ask for refund they curiously don't answer. Even if I send messages for two weeks there is no reply! They totally IGNORE you if you want solve any issue. THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM TO SOLVE ANY ISSUE. THEY JUST DON'T REPLY!!!

Original review: June 4, 2016

I ordered a pair of classic chino shorts from Abercrombie and Fitch a little over a week ago when they were on sale. Today they arrived, and although I am a size 6 literally everywhere else, these shorts are huge on me. They wouldn't even stay on my waist. They fell down to my feet when zipped up! I called to try to exchange the shorts, but unfortunately, they say that it will be my responsibility to pay to send them back for an exchange. That is unacceptable, because doing so from my country would be the same price I paid for the shorts in the first place! All the sudden my shorts cost double, because their sizing is misleading? Not cool.

This is not the first time Abercrombie has messed up my order. Of the 5 times I've ordered from A&F, 3 orders had big mistakes. Once they sent me the skirt I ordered in a different color; another time they sent me a completely different sweater than I ordered, then tried to blame me for the mistake, THEN when I showed them the confirmation email showing which sweater I ordered, they changed their tune and told me it was my cost to eat anyway. I am never ordering from this store again. It's way too expensive to keep covering their mistakes! Beware!

Original review: May 19, 2016

I placed an order over Abercrombie (Order ID: **) website last month. I was told to have a free shipping so I ordered the items for India at my home address. The total item cost was around $150 and Fedex through which they couriered - they asked me to pay 30% custom duty to get it delivered at my house. I was shock listening to such high custom duties. So I asked them let me talk to Abercrombie and get back on the same. Meanwhile I had these discussions and all I got a message from fedex that my order has been abandoned as on instructions by Abercrombie. Yesterday I dropped them mail and they are not sending me refund neither the items. It like a total loss to me.

Original review: April 28, 2016

I signed up to receive Abercrombie text messages and in return received a promo for $10 off my order. I found a cute top online and applied the amount, but did not want to pay $7 for shipping (which honestly for one shirt is ridiculous), so I looked for the pick-up in store option. I live in Los Angeles and there were no stores that offered in-store pickup within 500 miles! I emailed customer service to see if they could do anything for me and they got back to me the next morning, saying that as a one-time courtesy they would remove the shipping fee to have it shipped to my home. They told me to go ahead and submit the order and they would remove the shipping afterwards.

I placed the order and sent them my order number right away. It took them over a day to get back to me, in which they said they could not offer the free shipping because I had used a promo code. If I had known that, I wouldn't have even placed the order in the first place! I emailed them back asking them to cancel the order and give me a full refund, but I have not heard back yet. I called the customer service line tonight and asked them if they could help in this situation.

The girl was totally unhelpful and said she couldn't do anything, and couldn't even transfer me to a manager or tell me when a manager would be in. She said she couldn't cancel the order because it has already shipped... but honestly how is that my problem? They should have gotten back to me to say they could not remove the shipping cost before it actually shipped. She said I could return the item to a store but I would not get my shipping money back. What kind of customer service offers you free shipping but then takes it away after you place the order? Totally unprofessional. I will not be buying anything from them again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

I placed an order in November, for a hat, down vest, and sherpa hoodie. I have ordered from Abercrombie numerous times before and have never had an issue, until recently. They honestly have the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with. I started to notice that when I would wear the vest, I would find little feathers all over my clothing. I didn't pay much attention to it, until one day I saw something white coming out of the vest. The down in the vest was coming out of the seams. I expected better quality for a $40 vest, especially with it being from Abercrombie and that I've never had any kind of issue with their clothing before.

I contacted the company through email telling them about the down coming out of the vest and how I no longer saw the vest on their website, and was unsure of what they would be able to do. I was told to send in pictures of where the down was coming out, as well as my order number, and that they would send them to their Quality Control Department, then once they determined if the item was defective or not, they would ship me out a new one. About a day later, I get an email from them saying that they will be shipping out a new one and that it would arrive by February 15. This confused me as I thought if it wasn't on their website it wasn't available.

A few days later I get a generic email, one that every other person on back order would receive, stating how the vest is on back order and that they have no idea when it will be in stock again. You would think that the woman who told me they would be shipping out a new one or just someone that I had dealt with along the way, would have been able to check into if the item was available or not, and would have told me that it was on back order, rather than telling me it would arrive in about a week. I messaged the woman telling her just that, and all she can say is how she has no idea when it will be available again.

A few days later, once again I receive another generic email, stating that the vest has been cancelled for back order, and will no longer be available! You would think that I would get an email from someone from the company stating that they're sorry for this and telling me how they are going to resolve the problem, but no. I messaged them once again, telling them how frustrated I am, and how it seems as if they just don't want to send a replacement at all. I asked for either a return or store credit, but after this incident I don't want to deal with Abercrombie anymore.

I always liked their clothing and thought they were a decent company, as I had never had an issue with ordering before, but not anymore! Throughout this whole process I have been direct from person to person. Not one person can seem to handle the issue. They have almost made it seem as if the defected vest is my issue, not theirs. They dont seem to want to help at all, and they seem as if they just don't care about issues like this. Horrible customer service! If it weren't for me constantly emailing them for updates, I'm sure that they would forget about this, and never send me out a new one or resolve the problem. I will update when I receive another email from them about what they're going to do about this.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

During the last week of January A&F was having a crazy sale and being the impulse buyer I am I spent over $400.00 close to $500.00 online on the store. Because I did not read the return policy I failed to notice that if you pay with Paypal they cannot return you the money instead it would go on store credit. But if you ship it back to the USA you can get the full refund but they do not pay for shipping. I was absolutely appalled when I found out this information at the store because I know tons of retailers that do return the money back into the paypal account with no problem.

That being said I immediately called A&F asking them, "Is there any way for me to get my money back because I was not going to have over $300.00 on store credit!". They said all I had to do was take a picture of the receipts and then they could return the money back into my paypal. I patiently waited for their email which the person over the phone said it would take 2 days but I ended up waiting for 4. Because I had multiple orders I told the associate over the phone that I had two more orders coming in and I am sure I won't keep all of the products so is there a way for them to waive the return shipping fee. She kindly agreed to that so that made me a little bit more happy.

Fast forward a couple days I don't hear back from the email and when I went to the post office with the two packages that came in the post office told me I would have to pay around $50.00 for the items to be shipped back. I was not going to pay that much money to ship the items back plus the associate told me that she already waived the fee. I call again and the new associate over the phone told me that it would have been impossible for the other associate to waive the fee because I live in Canada and they do not provide that kind of service. She said since they didn't have proof for what was previously promised. So they totally pushed the responsibility on me. Basically accusing me of lying because I didn't have proof of the conversation.

So then they told me the only way I can get a refund is if I go to the store with 25 items and return it. Get store credit and redo the whole process that has been taking over a week and counting. Even now I still have not gotten my money back from the first phone call. Their customer service is very slow and they just seem like they do not care about their customers. After having such a terrible and nightmare like experience I do not think I will be shopping from A&F online ever again. The problem is still ongoing and I'm just at the point where I am starting to give up if not for the money. I have NEVER EVER EVER experience such bad customer service over the phone ever in my life from any company.

Abercrombie & Fitch Company Information