1.41/5
Based on 180 reviews that contain star ratings

247 Abercrombie & Fitch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 28, 2016

I signed up to receive Abercrombie text messages and in return received a promo for $10 off my order. I found a cute top online and applied the amount, but did not want to pay $7 for shipping (which honestly for one shirt is ridiculous), so I looked for the pick-up in store option. I live in Los Angeles and there were no stores that offered in-store pickup within 500 miles! I emailed customer service to see if they could do anything for me and they got back to me the next morning, saying that as a one-time courtesy they would remove the shipping fee to have it shipped to my home. They told me to go ahead and submit the order and they would remove the shipping afterwards.

I placed the order and sent them my order number right away. It took them over a day to get back to me, in which they said they could not offer the free shipping because I had used a promo code. If I had known that, I wouldn't have even placed the order in the first place! I emailed them back asking them to cancel the order and give me a full refund, but I have not heard back yet. I called the customer service line tonight and asked them if they could help in this situation.

The girl was totally unhelpful and said she couldn't do anything, and couldn't even transfer me to a manager or tell me when a manager would be in. She said she couldn't cancel the order because it has already shipped... but honestly how is that my problem? They should have gotten back to me to say they could not remove the shipping cost before it actually shipped. She said I could return the item to a store but I would not get my shipping money back. What kind of customer service offers you free shipping but then takes it away after you place the order? Totally unprofessional. I will not be buying anything from them again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

I placed an order in November, for a hat, down vest, and sherpa hoodie. I have ordered from Abercrombie numerous times before and have never had an issue, until recently. They honestly have the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with. I started to notice that when I would wear the vest, I would find little feathers all over my clothing. I didn't pay much attention to it, until one day I saw something white coming out of the vest. The down in the vest was coming out of the seams. I expected better quality for a $40 vest, especially with it being from Abercrombie and that I've never had any kind of issue with their clothing before.

I contacted the company through email telling them about the down coming out of the vest and how I no longer saw the vest on their website, and was unsure of what they would be able to do. I was told to send in pictures of where the down was coming out, as well as my order number, and that they would send them to their Quality Control Department, then once they determined if the item was defective or not, they would ship me out a new one. About a day later, I get an email from them saying that they will be shipping out a new one and that it would arrive by February 15. This confused me as I thought if it wasn't on their website it wasn't available.

A few days later I get a generic email, one that every other person on back order would receive, stating how the vest is on back order and that they have no idea when it will be in stock again. You would think that the woman who told me they would be shipping out a new one or just someone that I had dealt with along the way, would have been able to check into if the item was available or not, and would have told me that it was on back order, rather than telling me it would arrive in about a week. I messaged the woman telling her just that, and all she can say is how she has no idea when it will be available again.

A few days later, once again I receive another generic email, stating that the vest has been cancelled for back order, and will no longer be available! You would think that I would get an email from someone from the company stating that they're sorry for this and telling me how they are going to resolve the problem, but no. I messaged them once again, telling them how frustrated I am, and how it seems as if they just don't want to send a replacement at all. I asked for either a return or store credit, but after this incident I don't want to deal with Abercrombie anymore.

I always liked their clothing and thought they were a decent company, as I had never had an issue with ordering before, but not anymore! Throughout this whole process I have been direct from person to person. Not one person can seem to handle the issue. They have almost made it seem as if the defected vest is my issue, not theirs. They dont seem to want to help at all, and they seem as if they just don't care about issues like this. Horrible customer service! If it weren't for me constantly emailing them for updates, I'm sure that they would forget about this, and never send me out a new one or resolve the problem. I will update when I receive another email from them about what they're going to do about this.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

During the last week of January A&F was having a crazy sale and being the impulse buyer I am I spent over $400.00 close to $500.00 online on the store. Because I did not read the return policy I failed to notice that if you pay with Paypal they cannot return you the money instead it would go on store credit. But if you ship it back to the USA you can get the full refund but they do not pay for shipping. I was absolutely appalled when I found out this information at the store because I know tons of retailers that do return the money back into the paypal account with no problem.

That being said I immediately called A&F asking them, "Is there any way for me to get my money back because I was not going to have over $300.00 on store credit!". They said all I had to do was take a picture of the receipts and then they could return the money back into my paypal. I patiently waited for their email which the person over the phone said it would take 2 days but I ended up waiting for 4. Because I had multiple orders I told the associate over the phone that I had two more orders coming in and I am sure I won't keep all of the products so is there a way for them to waive the return shipping fee. She kindly agreed to that so that made me a little bit more happy.

Fast forward a couple days I don't hear back from the email and when I went to the post office with the two packages that came in the post office told me I would have to pay around $50.00 for the items to be shipped back. I was not going to pay that much money to ship the items back plus the associate told me that she already waived the fee. I call again and the new associate over the phone told me that it would have been impossible for the other associate to waive the fee because I live in Canada and they do not provide that kind of service. She said since they didn't have proof for what was previously promised. So they totally pushed the responsibility on me. Basically accusing me of lying because I didn't have proof of the conversation.

So then they told me the only way I can get a refund is if I go to the store with 25 items and return it. Get store credit and redo the whole process that has been taking over a week and counting. Even now I still have not gotten my money back from the first phone call. Their customer service is very slow and they just seem like they do not care about their customers. After having such a terrible and nightmare like experience I do not think I will be shopping from A&F online ever again. The problem is still ongoing and I'm just at the point where I am starting to give up if not for the money. I have NEVER EVER EVER experience such bad customer service over the phone ever in my life from any company.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

I bought a coat for my daughter last Thanksgiving and a boy tugged on the buttons and ripped it a month later. Heartbroken because of how much my daughter and I loved the coat, I contacted Abercrombie via e-mail to let them know what happened. They asked me to send them three different pictures. One close-up of damage, one of the tag, and one of the entire coat. Abercrombie gave me a refund stating that they apologize that the merchandise got damaged. Jessica from their customer service department helped me. I've been buying Abercrombie since high school, although pricey, the quality of their products have been great.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

I've never ordered from them before and never will again. I place an order for some Christmas gifts. There was an option to pay an additional $10 for shipping (which otherwise would have been free) to have it arrive on Christmas eve. They emailed me a day later saying the items were back ordered. Fine. I accepted to keep my order. Once shipped (and when it was obvious it wouldn't get to me by Christmas eve), they still charged me that $10. The items never arrived. I emailed them and they said I could have them re-ship the items or I can get a refund. After learning they can't ship it to a different address (since I'll no longer be home to accept it), they said my best option was to get a refund. They only refund part of my total. So after charging me for shipping when it was obvious it wasn't going to make it on time and not getting anything I ordered, I've lost money. Why would I ever do business with them again?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abercrombie & Fitch?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2015

I placed an order on Hollisterco.com on 12/7/2015 using standard delivery. Their website states to allow 5-7 days for in stock items. This would have allowed 13 days until Christmas, which seemed very reasonable. I was given an estimated delivery date of 12/18/15. The package was not delivered to FedEx until 12/10/15. There were no reported natural disasters or issues that would have delayed shipment. However, FedEx delayed shipment to 12/24 and again to 12/28.

As disappointed as I was that the shipment would not be received in time for the holidays, I was appalled at the lack of customer service of Hollister. The company failed to respond to my email at all. I had to complain on their Facebook website to obtain any form of a customer response. The response I received stated that I could arrange pickup from a post office nearly 35 miles away from me. There was no attempt made to remedy the situation or even a good faith effort to retain me as a customer.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

Hi Abercrombie, I am so UPSET! I've been ordering online for years. You guys have the worst customer service I have ever experienced! No one knows, including USPS (although it should have been a FedEx delivery) where my package is! I'm spending hours on the phone with USPS - they have no clue. When contacting your customer service they send me back to USPS! It is not my responsibility to contact them! You should deliver my clothes, you are responsible to talk with them (ask Amazon how they do that). So what did I get instead? 3 horrible representatives, all saying that they are the supervisors (that's interesting) so you have no one to complain for the horrible (most horrible ever experienced) service ever.

A super rude representative - Shaidi (you seriously need to stop her employment, what is that?) hanged up on me, the other one said (after screaming for 10 minutes) to wait, (I finally thought I'm getting a supervisor) and 12 minutes later same representative picks up and asks how else can she help me. I was a loyal customer. Never going to buy from you again, and will also make sure to forward my message in every forum/blog that's possible. You are the worst. Oh, and I'll obviously charge back my money. You won't see a dime from me.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

My order is scheduled to take 16 days from the point of purchase to the arrival. I ordered one pair of jeans. This is pathetic. Abercrombie has a very long processing time, and even longer (inaccurate) shipping time.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2015

I ordered gifts for Christmas from Abercrombie Kids and I called to change the sizes but I was told they don't cancel orders that have already been released status nor do they cancel them. They charge twice the amount by adding new sizes and don't tell you if an item is out of stock but charge for those same items. They do to give refunds if you do not call.They also charge for gift boxes and don't send them but charge for them even if they are not included in the order. They try to make money off of people by not letting you know items are not in stock which means that items bought may not be in their warehouse but they still charge those same items.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

Placed an order for an item that was advertised as in stock. Got the confirmation email and it's saying it's back-ordered. Started a chat convo with Katherine and asked her about availability of the item. She said, "It's available," but when asked why my confirmation email says it's back ordered, she said, "I really don't know." Not only is it infuriating to wait forever for a response from this girl and to feel like I was scammed AND being lied to, AND you people have my money, but to speak to a representative who can't and/or won't find out what is going on is really a slap in the face. What is the point of the CS reps if they're not trying to help you or answer your questions, especially when there is an error somewhere??!! This is my first complaint. If I don't get an answer I'm posting to another site and another, and another. I'm off today. I got time!!! I want the item but you not gonna treat me like my $ doesn't count!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2015

The total amount of my order was $96.28. Then I cancelled one item (value $22.20) because I ordered wrong size and they did not have the size I wanted. So the item was cancelled and I am charged $94.96. If I had known that I would not have cancelled the item. When I received the invoice I found that all the prices were increased than when I placed the order. I shop regularly at Abercrombie both store and online and this time I wasn't happy with the experience. Customer service was unhelpful. I would never shop here again. Initial invoice, final invoice, as well as emails from customer service are kept safe for evidence.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

I have place a order at the online store. I received the confirmation email and order confirmation number but later on, they cancel my order with no reasons and didn't notice me. At least I check it online in the official website.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

Ordered and was charged $200 for an e-gift card. Did not receive as I should have, instantly as a e-card should be available. The email I got from Abercrombie stated that a card will be shipped to the addressee gifted but after a week I track the order and AF site shows order was cancelled. No reason - just cancelled and NOT refunded! I call customer service. Talk to a rep who says he see order cancellation but can't help me. Says he has to turn it over to the research and resolution department. Meanwhile they are sitting on my money. I will contact the Better Business Bureau tomorrow and never do business with Abercrombie again. Ridiculous that a company this big has an amateur website for customers to be frustrated with.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

I bought a shirt and I was charged 2 times for the item I got.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

I had placed 2 orders online. One was on a Friday and the second one was 3 days after on Monday. My Friday order was fine, I never received any type of confirmation for either one, but the Friday one arrived and when I went to check the Monday order to see if it was shipped, it said it was cancelled. I had 3 items in that order so I do not think all the items sold out as it was still on the website throughout the 2 weeks that I was trying not to reach them. I called twice and they kept saying they will email that specific department that I don't recall the name of - but they are the ones who cancelled my order. I never received a reply and so I did an online chat where the lady gives me that department's email, but my email got bounced back. It's been over 2 weeks and NOT ONE PERSON CAN HELP. Last time I ever order online!

I rather go into the store, but I might be deterred now...And the only reason which I find stupid that they would cancel my order is because I ordered the same coat in both orders, and one was going to be a gift! Each of my orders were different items and I only ordered 3 items total in each order and only the coat was the same. I don't think this resolution team exist because it's been so long since I called and they told me it only takes 2 days to respond and that was because I called on a Saturday, but that was 2 weeks ago!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2015

I placed an online order and everything went well. I had a promotional code that I was able to use just fine and everything was confirmed. I got a confirmation e-mail with the amount that I had agreed to pay online. Next thing I know I am getting an e-mail stating my card is declined and that they're trying to charge me over $20 more than what I had agreed to pay. I e-mailed them and asked that they fix the payment issue because this was on their end. They e-mailed back and said I had to call.

So, I call in and it is clear I am speaking with someone working from their home. Very unprofessional, a lot of quiet pauses, definitely missed the phone service 101 memo. He ends up canceling my order because he can't figure out how to fix the issue. Then he says he is going to re-order and use my promo code. DEAD SILENCE for at least 5 minutes. I can hear some clicking and what not, but then there's a click on the phone. He seriously hung up on me. I got confirmation e-mails that my order was canceled due to my payment method being declined, um no it's because you were trying to charge me more than what I had agreed to pay. I e-mailed them thanking them for awesome customer service, but have not heard back as of yet. I will not be shopping with them again. Horrible!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

This is my first time ordering online from A&F (shopped in store multiple times, so not new to brand). My order was confirmed. (note; everything was in stock when order was placed) I received an order confirmation for ALL my items in the order. The next day I received an email saying 1 item was placed on backorder and was asked if I would like to accept the later ship date. I clicked the button for the "Accept later ship date" and received a email confirmation stating my choice. The next day, I received an email saying they cancelled my item because it was no longer available (sold out). Through another listing [on the website], I figured out that an Abercrombie still lists an item up for sale even when it's already on backorder which is not fair to the customers who previously just ordered the item because they don't even have a chance of receiving the item because it will no longer be available.

My denim jacket came with a very STRONG chlorine smell. Chat representative was not helpful whatsoever and basically repeated to me what I had already told him. At the end, he was also a bit rude. I generally don't have a problem with shopping at the A&F stores and with the products, but shopping on the website is a whole different thing. Customer service is terrible and the chat representative was not even the least helpful (i.e. after I told him about the STRONG CHLORINE SMELL on the jacket he told me to send an email attaching photos of the jacket to the company's email. Now tell me this: how in the hell are you going to smell something through a photo??? Lesson learned: Only shop in A&F stores so you can actually see and touch the product. Well maybe not even see, since their lighting is so dim.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

I was buying a parka for my daughter and wasn't sure of the size (the sizing chart only gives bust and hip references, not arm length). She is 5'10" and very slender. There was an option to chat with a rep so I asked him about the sizing and gave my daughter's size info and asked if the medium would be long enough in the arms for her. He stated I should order a small as the product would be loose on her. I ordered a medium instead, as she likes to wear hoodies. It arrived today and I am very disappointed. While the coat is very nice (over-priced at $225), the fit is VERY small. It's more like a girl's medium vs a women's medium. The on-line support staff should be more knowledgeable otherwise what's the point of having them there?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

First off I live in Lancaster, PA and my complaint is about the Abercrombie & Fitch store located at the Park City mall. On two separate occasions I had returns (both without a receipt). The first return I was doing for a friend while she was at work. Upon taking the three items in which were a tank top, sweatpants, and long sleeve shirt. The extremely rude store manager Lexi refused to refund me any store credit on both the tops saying there was holes in the merchandise where the sensors would have been. I argued with her stating this is why I am returning the items for my friend. She looked at me and made it seem like the sensors were ripped off and that's why there was a hole. Pretty much saying my friend stole the items and is now trying to return them. I thought this was extremely rude and I walked out with only store credit for the sweatpants and not even at full retail price.

The second occasion happened today. My boyfriend's mother had bought me 2 sweatshirts that I didn't care for because of the colors. I didn't feel like looking around for something to exchange so I went right to the desk to do the return. Of course the same nasty manager Lexi was there once again. I didn't have a receipt because these were gifts bought and she probably didn't even think of giving me the receipt for them.

Well this time Lexi took 5 minutes to inspect both sweatshirts entirely, looking for any reason to not do my return. She found a small area on the top of the one sweater where the knit was slight pulled out of place, I said, "Well if the sensor was there it probably got pulled when it was being taken off. And if anyone would look at it you can hardly tell there even was some knit pulled." I argued with her for several minutes stating, "This is now the second time you were very rude to me and I am going to file a complaint with corporate." I received store credit for the one sweatshirt and left the store. I will make sure the company knows about this.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

Purchase items for family members. Keep canceling all my orders. No wonder stocks dropped for them. They did poorly last year. How can this company keep surviving if they cancel out so many orders, it's the dumbest thing I've ever dealt with. I wonder if corporate knows about this.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

I have an issues with all three of my last purchases! Some items were not shipped, or wrong items shipped! Even though they have reshipped the missing item from the first shipment. They have refused to resend the missing item from the next shipment, explaining it by the fact that I have already had similar issue in the past - total BS! Don't lose your time and money, never buy from Abercrombie online!

Resolution response: Oct. 17, 2015

Just to be fair, I did complain to A & F about their products and they immediately offered refunds on everything and would pay for shipping too. They were very helpful.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

I can't believe what poor quality these sweatpants are and how overpriced. Within two minutes of wearing the knees were sagging out. I have better luck with Walmart products! Thin material. Bad returns policy. I am so sorry I ever tried this store (online purchase). I spent a fortune for garbage.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2015

I have order just a few times from their websites. However, last week I saw an offer for some winter coats and since I own a small business I thought it was a good idea to buy the coats as a Christmas present for my employees (we as a company always give Christmas presents and I try for them to be nice since it's also a way for us to thank their service to our company). I bought 12 coats, and got just 8 delivered and I thought that something had gone wrong with their stock but I didn't make a fuzz about it. Until yesterday when I saw the offer again, tried to buy the coats and they cancelled my order.

Called to their customer service and told me I had to wrote an email, I did and this was the answer: "This order was canceled and we are unable to accept future orders from you. Abercrombie & Fitch is a private label brand and to protect our intellectual property rights, suspected resale of our merchandise for personal or business profit is strictly prohibited. For additional information regarding our Resale Policy, you can check out our website." I am so offended that this people think I am some kind of felon, and that they assume this from me or from any of their customers, this is unacceptable. I will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2015

I have ordered clothes and other products from Abercrombie's site in the past. However, for some reason, my past three orders have been cancelled. On the last two, this was stated by the customer service team on trying to understand why they were cancelled, "Your order was cancelled and we are unable to accept future orders from you. Our records indicate that you are linked to 2 charges that have been disputed with our company in the past."

Two things surprise me here, a) I don't have any recollection of the 2 disputed charges and without that Abercrombie is just blame shifting the dispute on me, b) can a brand refuse to accept future orders from a customer without justifying the reason for the cancellation? This is definitely a first in the retail space that I've come across. Further, they continue to send me marketing and sales emails, while they won't accept my notice.

I feel something more fishy is going on here as I don't remember ever disputing any charges with them, and further, I don't see in my orders or elsewhere any restriction that such disputed charges can lead to banning of orders from customers. I'd like to officially report this brand to customer affairs to understand if this is an unfair practice of denying me to buy products that I'm willingly paying for as per the required price.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

I visited a store in Memphis, TN about 2 weeks ago. I was highly impressed with the customer service that the store presented. My grandchildren loves to shop at your store and as we were in Memphis visiting family we decided to stop at Wolf chase galleria. I don't often send emails about great customer service but when it is excellent I definitely want to reach out to companies to provides them. I am an old man as my kids would say but when I walked in your store I was greeted as if I was just an average aged person. I was asked did I need help. I asked one female did she work off commission and she said no. One girl I had a conversation with told me she was working that day with 3 managers. I took down all the names, it was a girl name Ira I spoke with, I am hoping I heard her correctly and she was very helpful. She gave me her manager's name and it was Dejun, Joceline, and Melanie.

I really wanted to reach out regarding everyone's help because I was in the store with 4 grandkids and I could not help them. One got on a ladder to grab jeans, another was helpful with dressing rooms, and the guy helped my grandson find a lot of stuff. I purchased a large amount of items that day. This will be the only store I will visit when I come back to see Elvis Presley home. Thank you for finding helpful people for a great store. I did not know who to email. My grandkids loves Abercrombie.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

On Sunday Easter I went to the Menlo Park Mall with my family. My 4 year old son, 3 year old son & my 9 year old daughter, and wife, and also another couple with their daughter. My wife had my wallet in her purse all the time. My 4 year old son happen to needed to use the restroom. My wife took him to the bathroom. While I was in the Abercrombie store with my friend. My wife walked all the way to the bathroom. It was very busy that day, so she had to wait for our son to use the bathroom. She was taking a little longer than the usual. I was trying on some clothes, because I had always purchase my clothes at Abercrombie. I actually love the clothing line. I happen to try on a vest that I really liked, gave the vest to the young girl that was working there to get me a size a Large size. She came back with the size I asked for.. I put the vest on.

I realized my wife was taking way too long. I happen to walk outside of the store... to look to the sides to see if my wife was coming. I wasn't able to pay for the merchandise because I did NOT HAVE MY WALLET WITH ME. And my wife had asked me to wait till she got there because she also had some coupons. When I went outside of the store I wasn't able to locate my wife... There was a lot of people in the mall that easter Sunday. I went back in the store, that was extremely hot... I do recognize I had the vest on me.. I wasn't concealing it at all. I had it on. Clear view from everyone. I kept on walking around the store looking for anything else I may like. While my wife calls me... saying that she was on her way... I happen to walk outside of the store waiting on my wife. I never left the front of the store. I was always there. I never intended to steal anything.

My wife shows up with my 4 year old son... and the security comes up to me saying that I needed to follow him to the back of the store. I got a little upset because I was right in front of the store. I NEVER LEFT. I wasn't concealing the merchandise. He was very rude and started to push me in front of my family! I realized that it was a misunderstanding and I went to the back of the store. My wife followed us to the back. Manager asked me to take everything out of my pockets, asked me where I was from and if I ever had a record. I was surprised about the question because what the misunderstanding has to do with where I was from and if I had a record. He said that he was giving me the benefit of the doubt but he didn't.. He wrongly accused me, we are actually in court right now..

I am fighting the discrimination of the store. I was WRONGLY accused. I am a hard working parent of 4 kids and thanks god never had the need of taking something that wasn't mine. I am very disappointed at the way the company is handling a honest misunderstanding. I am a long time customer, hard working person. I honestly do not deserve this discrimination.. The fact that there is a Spanish person purchasing at your store, doesn't give Abercrombie the right to discriminate us.

Totally disappointed with the store... the manager... ABERCROMBIE! The manager.. before they arrested me said "don't worry I will help you drop the charges" "if my boss finds out that I saw you walking in and out of the store and I didn't do anything, I will get FIRED." He was watching me. He waited for my family to show up. I was standing in front of the store for 6 minutes. He was watching me all the time... When I was making my 4 steps in the store with my family he stopped me!!!

Original review: July 8, 2015

Abercrombie and Fitch once charged me twice for one purchase. I first called their customer service in attempt to resolve it, however I was given extremely ignorant and bad information so I went on to dispute the charge with my bank. After the mistake was fixed by Abercrombie I stopped the dispute. Now they cancel every purchase I try to make. I have no Abercrombie and Fitch store near me now (the store at our mall closed) so I guess no longer privileged enough to wear their clothes. Sorry I didn't passively stand by as they tried to charge me twice for one purchase!

Original review: June 30, 2015

Abercrombie's clothes are so cheaply made, yet are sold at such ridiculously high prices. Their clothes aren't even stylish! This brand is just pure crap and Abercrombie should just die already. Kill it, kill it with fire! I'm surprised people even still want to shop at a place that claimed they didn't want "ugly, fat, poor" people to wear their clothes. And just because they realized what a huge mistake they made when they opened their fat mouths about its discriminatory ways and decided to actually sell some bigger sizes, doesn't mean one should start buying their products because they can fit in them now. To be honest, I'm actually really disgusted that anyone actually shops there anymore after that epic failure.

Original review: June 29, 2015

Long story short...placed an order online and received an e-mail stating all items were in stock. Shortly after placing my order, I received another e-mail stating the backorder has changed for one of my items. (Um, I was never aware any of the items were backordered?!) I received the e-mail shipment confirmation without the backordered item, and e-mailed customer service to let me know what was going on with the backordered item, and I was assured on two separate occasions that the item had shipped, and would arrive the following week.

After not receiving the item as promised, I called customer service where the representative informed me that the item never shipped, and was still on backorder. After all of the frustration, I asked to speak with a manager where the representative refused to let me talk to anyone higher up than the worthless employees they have working for the company. All in all, I still don't have the item & will never spend another dime at a company with such poor customer service.

Original review: June 14, 2015

I had made online order on 5/29 and told I was going to receive my package on 6/4. By June 4th I had not received a package from Abercrombie and Fitch so I gave them call to figure out the issue. When I finally spoke to a representative on the phone they said that they could reship or refund me my money. I also spoke with FedEx the carrier that Abercrombie contracts out. I told them my situation that I never received my package. FedEx then informed me that I would have to contact the FedEx driver and ask him what happened to my package. So I performed all the tasks FedEx instructed me to do and I was told once again that my package was delivered to my address. I ask to speak with a manager and the FedEx driver gave me the manager's number and said "Don't tell him I gave you this number or I will get in trouble."

When the driver told me that, I was shocked at how unprofessional FedEx was. I spoke to the manager at FedEx and he finally helped me locate my package! When I filled out the address on the website I had made an error but instead of resending it back to Abercrombie and Fitch or calling me they look up my past information and dropped it off to an address I no longer live at. It had been five days since the package was delivered to that address and we find out that the package is gone and can't be located. I then call Abercrombie and Fitch and tell them what had happened and they said they will inform their shipping and handling team so they can reship another package. I wait 24 hours to hear back from Abercrombie and I get an email saying they will not reship the package because I have had a shipping error in the past.

Now at this point I am furious because the incident they were referring was absurd. The past shipping error was a mistake made by Abercrombie and Fitch. I had made a really large purchase of 14 items and when I received my package there was a pair of shorts missing and they resent them to me. The shorts they sent me were $20.00 and now they were saying they couldn't help me because of the error made in the past. I was livid. I have been a loyal customer for 15 years and spend over $800.00 in the past two months and nothing can be done for me. I was also told that if I was to make a dispute they would ban me from making any online orders. So lesson learned. I will never again shop at Abercrombie and Fitch. I hope one day they will value their customers just a little more.

Abercrombie & Fitch Company Information