1.00/5

785 Sergeant's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 16, 2019

If I could choose zero stars I would. I used the flea squeeze on my 17 year old snowshoe siamese and my 8 year old Russian blue. I was cautious to use a new brand on my older cats so I split a tube between them. Within an hour I noticed my Siamese was panting and his pupils were extremely dilated, I washed him because I was scared the dosage was too much for him. Over the next few days he was acting strange, 6 days later HE DIED. My Russian Blue itched herself so much she got bald spots and the fleas are STILL NOT GONE. So angry that I allowed myself to buy this low cost brand, I lost my best friend because of it. :(

Original review: March 5, 2019

I bought Sergeant's PRONYL OTC Plus for dogs today March 4, 2019 at 2:45 at Wal-Mart in Pell City Alabama for my 5-pound yorkie. When I open the box the tube was almost completely empty, you lay your finger flat down that how much it had in it. The bar code 73091 05165. The code 0248k 12 1536 060318. I took it back to Walmart to exchange for a another one that wasn't almost empty. If someone bought something it was almost empty, I would exchange it for another one when you pay almost $6.00 for it. I wanted to email y'all to let y'all know about Sergeant's PRONYL OTC Plus for dogs. If that way Walmart is going to do customer when they buy Sergeant's Pronyl and it's almost empty want exchange or give their money back, am thinking about not spending my money on Sergeant's dog's stuff anymore. Thank you for taking time to read my email.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This is a dangerous product. Immediately after properly applying this product to our one year old cat she fell off the bed disoriented, started foaming at the mouth and was leaning against the wall for support to try and walk to my daughter. WE IMMEDIATELY WASHED HER WITH SOAP AND WATER! WE ARE KEEPING WATCH OVER HER AND are very upset that a company is allowed to sell products that harm our pets!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Purchased Sergeant's flea and tick squeeze on for my 12 year old daughter's Russian blue cat. Applied it to the cat as directed and within hours the cat was lying on the floor going into tremors and convulsions and foaming at the mouth and nonresponsive. We rushed the cat to the animal hospital who are still trying to save her. She is only a year old and was very healthy until the use of Sergeants's product. We were told that if our cat survives overnight then she will have to remain in the hospital for days. My daughter is extremely upset and I'm sick to my stomach for buying this disgusting product. Cat owners BEWARE OF SERGEANTS FLEA AND TICK SQUEEZE ON FOR CATS AND KITTENS.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I put Sergeant's Gold flea treatment on my cat. He hated it. Ran around the house for an hour wildly, which I assumed was because he didn't like the gooey feeling on his back. Then, two days later all the hair fell out of the spot where I put the flea treatment, leaving bare skin with a bad rash. This product SHOULD NOT BE ON THE MARKET. It BURNED MY CAT! Sergeant's response was unhelpful in the extreme. Yes, this happens. We'll refund your purchase price. OUTRAGEOUS! One star is far too generous. It should be NEGATIVE 50 STARS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sergeant's?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My 6-month-old Dachshund mix took bath and nearly died... Couldn't stand. Kidneys were shutting down. Had to take to emergency vet for treatment. Just because of a simple bath. Will never use any of their products again! Would have sued if my puppy would of died!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I bought these collar for my 3 cats. My oldest cat has had them before. I noticed just last week she's super skinny, won't eat, drinks water, so weak, and is peeing herself. Went to the vet today, she's 4 lbs and is very sick thanks to these collars. I had to bath he to the chemicals off her fur. The vet is hopefully she WILL MAKE IT. TAKE THESE COLLAR OFF THE SHELF!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I put this collar on my cat slightly over a week ago. I noticed her bubbly spirit was gone, very soon afterwards. Upon rubbing her, I felt her neck it was matted hair. Very unusual I decided then to remove this collar. Today I noticed all her hair on one side of her neck is gone. I can see red tissue. I'm so afraid she could get infected. I have to get her to a veterinarian now.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

This is the most godawful thing I’ve ever seen happen to my dog. Vomiting, diarrhea, couldn’t sit still, I think hallucinations, scratching, jerking, etc. Yes, I followed the directions exactly. I feel horrible for putting this on my dog. Three baths later she still isn’t back to normal. DO NOT put this on your dog!!! Pure poison.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We put this on our dog and within minutes she was scooting around the house. Has anxiety and has had it all day long having convulsions. This stuff is horrible. Do not I repeat do not buy it. Do not waste your money on this product.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

With limited options at the time, I purchased this brand in lieu of Hartz Brand Flea shampoo because I'm aware of what Hartz can do to pets - didn't realize this would be one and the same. Aside from not actually working for its intended purpose, this flea and tick shampoo was incredibly toxic to my poor dog. I have an otherwise healthy, 11 year old Pomeranian that is still recovering from use of this poisonous product. Tremors, difficulty breathing, feverish, irritated skin, loss of appetite, loss of balance... When I realized this was a result of the shampoo I immediately bathed her in Dawn Dishsoap and took her into the Vet. I've now got steroids, antibiotics, bloodwork and stool samples to complete and must closely monitor her breathing. Hopeful that I'm a lucky one that caught it in time and got it off her skin while I still could. If you make the same mistake - DAWN Dish Soap!!! and Vet!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I used this product. Within two hours three of my cats were shaking uncontrollably trembling into seizures! We had to take them to the emergency 24-hour vet which was a hundred and fifty per cat so there we spent $300 right. They call him the seizures down. We brought the animals home. They were still shaking uncontrollably but not in seizures. We had to take them all three to the normal vet the next day which was another $75! So me being a cheapskate and trying to save some money and bought this cheap product ended up spending $425 to save my babies lives.

Here is the treatment that the vet gave to us. If you have accidentally use this product you need to give your babies this muscle relaxer. This is what saved my babies! Okay it is a 500mg **! My cats all weighed 7 point something pounds. The treatment with them with this muscle relaxer was 1/4 of the 500 mg tablet. This brings your babies out of the seizures. Not permanently at first. You have to watch them for the next week and if another seizure comes on you give them another dose of the medicine! I just wanted to give this information to people because not everyone can afford to take their baby straight to a 24-hour emergency vet!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I used this on my beagle hound. We had to rush him to the emergency vet. His face began to swell extremely large and fast he couldn't breathe and it made patches of his hair fall out. First and last time we will ever use this product. It's a deathwish.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! Do NOT buy this product. Yesterday I bought the flea topical and put it on one of my adult cats and one of my younger cats and within 45 minutes my younger cat began convulsing uncontrollably while urinating and pooping on himself and did so for about an hour before we had to put him down to end his suffering! My adult cat is currently at the vet with IV and fluids suffering from neurological problems! Our vet said they do not know how this product can be continued to be sold at stores! It was by far the most traumatic experience ever! This company should be sued!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

TERRIBLE!!! It gave my dog a chemical burn. WITHIN 2 HOURS OF USING THE TOPICAL SOLUTION MY DOG WAS CRYING AND SCRATCHING UNCONTROLLABLY. I am watching the place. Even after rinsing with water and putting honey, aloe, and anti-itch cream my dog is still uncomfortable! Take this off the shelf!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Put on my cat. Couple days later I had to take off and wash his neck. Burned him and his hair around his neck. I am heartbroken. This should be taken off the shelf. I will never buy this or any other product.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I put this product on all four of my cats this morning and by 5:00 pm three of them had passed. The adult female and the two kittens were having seizures an hour after putting it on them. The vet tried everything but nothing could stop the seizures. I will never use this product again as I don't want to lose any more cats. They really should take this product off the market.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I used the drops for fleas and ticks. My dog has burns and missing fur. My cat came in contact with it and had back to back seizures. I held my baby as she fought for her life. I can't stress enough how painful that was. IF YOU LOVE YOUR PET PLEASE SEEK FLEA MEDS FROM A TRUSTED VET OR ATLEAST CALL AND ASK.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

After reading all the reviews, I’m freaking out. I just put this on my cat today. She started acting odd, and now I can’t find her...and she’s an inside cat. We know she didn’t go outside. She won’t come when we call her either. Terrified she’s had a seizure and passed somewhere. She was completely fine before I sprayed her with this.

Updated on 09/26/18: Our kitty finally came out of hiding with her legs shaking and acting odd. I went to let her and she hissed at me, which she’s never done. At 12am and she’s now sleeping. We have a vet appointment at 7am to check her out further.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I am 16 years old and I should not have to hold a convulsing cat and watch it DIE in my arms because of this flea medication! Now one out of two of her kittens have a tick that won't go away, (He is shaking his ear and paw a lot but he is okay.) and they no longer have a mama! My 40 year old father broke down because of how graphic this was! I am planning on starting a petition to shut them down!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Please do not buy and use this product! My friend used this on 6 of her cats and only half a dose on each. Now she has three dead cats and one who has been have a non-stop seizure since last night! This was purchased at Dollar General and when I went to ask for them to take off shelf so no other family will lose the fur babies they told me they are not allowed to remove things from the shelf without manager say so. But the manager was not working today so they will be leaving it for people to buy. I then called Sergeant's and what they told me was if we take the cat to vet and send them bill with our case number they may reimburse for medical but it's not guaranteed. I ask that everyone please share this to save other cats who may fall victim to this horrible company's product.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

So about a month ago, I bought my cat Sergeant's once monthly flea and tick squeeze on application. Almost immediately, I noticed my cat was sitting in the litter box more. I assumed it just felt good to him due to the heat levels for Ohio July Heat. In the last two weeks, I began noticing that feces was in the litter box, but he wasn't urinating as much. I had explained that off to myself as well.

To make a long story short, my cat is, as we speak having emergency surgery done on his urethra. He was foaming at the mouth, and was taken to the vet in critical condition. I believe with all of my heart that this cheap squeeze on is what made my cat sick. Some cats can have an allergic reaction to the chemicals in these cheaper brands causing them stress. So as I sit here crying and writing this review, I know that I could get the call that he didn't make it. Spend the extra $15 to get the Advantage. I know I will. My cheap ways may have cost me the life of my companion Bandit. As I sit here reading the reviews on this product I am surprised at how many other stories are identical to mine after using this product.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I put this product on my dog and two of the kittens that I had snuggled with the dog became exposed to the medication, within hours both kittens started having seizure like jerking movements and foaming at the mouth both resulting in death... The medication is listed below. Squeeze on Sergeant's Bansect Squeeze-On Flea and Tick Control for Dogs. SKU: 915359. Product Details. Squeeze-on flea and tick control for dogs comes assorted between doses for dogs over 33 lbs., and doses for dogs under 33 lbs. Specifications. Brand: Sergeant's® Bansect®. Volume: .1 oz.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I used Flea and Tick Squeeze-On for Cats and Kittens last night on my 2 y/o cat, Lamb. I usually use Advantage and she has never reacted badly but I tried this product because it’s a lot cheaper. I read the directions and put it on her like shown. My mistake was not going online to read reviews... I found her this morning acting odd, shaking/trembling, and twitching as she walked. I panicked and looked up the product only to find that I have actually put poison on my baby!!! And others have died due to use of this awful pesticide.

I can’t believe it is still being sold in stores. I washed her twice in Dawn dish soap, it’s been a couple hours and the shaking has stopped but she’s still acting lethargic and scared. I 100% do not recommend this product or any of Sergeant's products! If anyone has put out a petition to end this company I would be more than happy to sign and spread it around. I am so sad for the families who have lost their fur babies because of this and all I can do is hope Lamb will not be affected.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Unfortunately my cat is also one of their many poisoning victims!!! She is still at the veterinarian right now fighting for her life after I applied this medication (Gold Flea Drops) to a perfectly healthy normal cat!! The reports here are all true and cannot understand for the life of me how this product is able to stay on the market. Everyone who is associated with this product still being sold needs to go to prison for all the horrible suffering and deaths they are responsible for. Sick! Sick! Sick!!

Original review: July 12, 2018

Yesterday, I applied the Sergeant's Flea and Tick to my cat (Louise). After a few hours, she become sick, trembling real bad. She was in so much pain when I picked her up. I rush her to the 24 hr vet to find out from the doctor that Sergeant's medication is poison to animals. This stuff needs to be remove from the market and from the stores. It seems like the company does not care and consumer is not aware of how danger this really is. I am going to contact the media and put awareness of this poison that is being sold into stores that is harming and killing part of our family.

They may be consider property to some, but my Louise is like my child. Yes, I had to paid money to make sure she is ok. The doctor gave her medication to help with the muscle twitching. Now, she is resting. I am so mad right now, reading all these complaints and the product is still being sold. Something needs to be done. Sergeant's hurting us, now it is time to put a dent in their pockets too. I am ready to file a class action suit against Sergeant's. Consumer need to be aware of the poison and effect it does to our pets.

Original review: July 1, 2018

This was my Bella. She would have been 6 yrs old July 15. I want awareness out to all pet owners. PLEASE DO NOT USE SERGEANT'S FLEA AND TICK DROPS! I usually used vet prescribed treats, however, after hours on a weekend, Bella brought fleas in the house from stray cats in neighborhood. My bed has white sheets, and noticed the beginning of a near infestation. Quickly taking care of Bella first, SERGEANT'S flea drops were applied to the back of her neck. Then yard and home. Bella was diagnosed with Addison's Disease last summer and nearly died. SHE SURVIVED! Thereafter, she received daily medicine to live. Her Addison's was totally under control. Now, within 24 hours of applying these drops, she developed a huge red spot. I immediately washed her with Dawn soap. Bella could risk going into major crisis. I know if she could risk this, give an extra dose of meds. I will get her to vet on Monday, I thought... Bella never made it.

I stayed up with her all Sunday night, laying by her side. Green-yellowish puss started releasing from her vulva, application site, AND eyes! She stopped eating the day prior. I had to carry her due to becoming immobile. It was very heartbreaking. This came on so sudden and extremely quick! From a spunky, crazy puppy, to what had become of her is still unfathomable. She couldn't lick for kisses. She put her nose to my face. Within a few hours, she left me. I felt she was ok to run to store. I came home to find my princess... Nothing can bring my Bella back. I can grieve every day for her. I MUST MAKE AWARENESS TO EVERYONE TO SAVE OTHER LOVED FAMILY PETS. This is in loving memory of Bella. Picture of Bella and I a few hours before she passed away.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Sergeant's flea and tick killer for cats. (Liquid squeeze tube). Soon as I applied to a few drops to my cat he started burning. I'm trying to comb and into her hair and she was in so much pain. I definitely grab the soap and washed it off. Gave her a bath and I hope she don't die. This is the worst product ever! I would love to sign the petition to get this off the shelves immediately! My email is **. Anybody got a petition to get this stuff off the shelves. Please email me or I will start one.

Original review: June 24, 2018

The Dual Action Flea and Tick Collar has caused my three cats to have rawness and infection with loss of fur around the neck area where the collar was for 3 weeks. This product should be taken off the market immediately! Hopefully, they will survive once I get them to a vet as soon as it opens on Monday. I hate having to wait for two days but we have no emergency vets in the small town I live in.

Original review: June 22, 2018

This Sergeant's Gold product for fleas and ticks doesn't work! I am furious with what it has done to my kitten. Instead of making the situation better it made it worse. I am heartbroken with the results of this product. It's a true danger to animals.

Sergeant's Company Information