2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Sergeant's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sergeant's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sergeant's?

Original review: July 18, 2020

I had ordered my 2 large dogs prescription flea and heartworm meds from overseas. The mail has been painfully slow and had been 1+ month since my order shipped and still had not arrived. My dogs are active and love the outdoors and brought some hitchhikers home at some point. I could see they were both uncomfortable and itchy. On a whim when buying treats I saw Sergeant's at Dollar General and thought what could it hurt until their meds arrive? While symptoms weren't as severe and heartbreaking as some posts here, both of my dogs were visibly more miserable and now sick after the application.

Both of my boys had diarrhea, vomiting, and lethargy on top of still having fleas. I washed them but it was too late. My shepherd seems better but my pittie has lost enough fur at the application site that his poor chemically burned skin is visible in about a 4x2in area. Sergeant's is 10l0% dangerous for pets, a complete waste of your money, and does not work at all. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Tried this on my dachshund. Caused blisters and burns. In my opinion Sergeant's should be responsible plus take this product off the market. I will be talking to my attorney about this to see if I can file a law suit.

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: July 15, 2020

I have a 9 month Chihuahua puppy that I bought a collar for. After the first day I noticed his neck was red. Upon taking off the collar his neck is blistered and raw under collar. I will never use this product again. It's terrible!!!

Original review: June 5, 2020

I bought product at the Dollar Store. My dog is 17lbs says to use on dogs 7-33 lbs. Past 3 days she has had a head tilt and weirdly scratching her neck. Took her to vet today and he said Permethrin (main ingredient) is highly poisonous. They even have on the box "DO NOT USE ON CATS, MAY BE FATAL." I feel horrible. I have put my dogs life in jeopardy. Do not use this product. If you have, wash immediately off with sensitive soap or shampoo, then again day or so later.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Made with natural oils that have poisoned my whole household. So many side effects in humans and pets. I purchased the product in April 2020 at Dollar Tree in Litchfield Illinois as a preventive. The harm done is irreversible and has been physically, mentally, emotionally exhausting in every way manner literally and figuratively. I have photos videos and documentation of this and Sergeant's needs to be held accountable.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I had purchased this product to control my cat fleas. Once I put this drops on my cat’s neck it instantly gave him a rash. I am scared that it will get worst or that he will eventually lick some of this product and die. Please be aware of this product. It is not safe! I am surprised to see all of this comments and this stuff is still being sold! I will never purchase this product or recommend to anyone.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I purchased this product at the Dollar Tree in Hammond Indiana. I followed the instructions on back and immediately my cat started to run through my house and made a licking motion with his mouth. Almost like when we get peanut butter in our mouth and can't lick the roof of our mouth?! He then started to gag like he was trying to throw up. A white foam came from the side of his mouth. He wouldn't drink any water or eat food for 8 hours. We tried guiding him to water every 10 minutes. Finally he started to cry and scratch the back of neck area with his hind leg.

I immediately gave him a bath and tried to rinse the Nature's Guardian off him. I noticed red patches through his hair from the solution. I will be taking my cat Jax to the vet soon as I can. We are in a quarantine right now due to the corona 19 pandemic in my state. Please take this product off the shelves. It is so harmful to cats. I'm so emotional right now. I can't stop crying writing this complaint...

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Plain and simple. I Purchased these flea and tick collars 4 of them. Had them on my cats for 3 days and I noticed tonight my pumpkin had a a burn on his neck! And we took the collar off immediately!! Checked the other 3 and they ALL HAVE BURNS ON THEIR NECKS!!! These collars the chemicals burned my cats necks. These collars could of killed my cats.. And the smell is horrible. It even affected my breathing.... These collars need to be taken off the shelves of all stores!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Please do not use this product on your fur babies. My poor cat at chemical burns all around her neck from this products. Part of her skin is coming off and her hair is gone. Please make sure to look up products before you buy them, I made the mistake and didn’t with this one. Completely heartbroken for my baby.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Since my first review was taken down, I will put up another one. Me and my wife followed the directions exactly. Not even 10 minutes later our cats were having seizures even after repeatedly washing them. We had to sit there and watch our babies die a slow horrible death as we could do nothing but sit there and cry watching them.

Sergeant's Company Information