2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Sergeant's Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2020

I bought product at the Dollar Store. My dog is 17lbs says to use on dogs 7-33 lbs. Past 3 days she has had a head tilt and weirdly scratching her neck. Took her to vet today and he said Permethrin (main ingredient) is highly poisonous. They even have on the box "DO NOT USE ON CATS, MAY BE FATAL." I feel horrible. I have put my dogs life in jeopardy. Do not use this product. If you have, wash immediately off with sensitive soap or shampoo, then again day or so later.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Made with natural oils that have poisoned my whole household. So many side effects in humans and pets. I purchased the product in April 2020 at Dollar Tree in Litchfield Illinois as a preventive. The harm done is irreversible and has been physically, mentally, emotionally exhausting in every way manner literally and figuratively. I have photos videos and documentation of this and Sergeant's needs to be held accountable.

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I had purchased this product to control my cat fleas. Once I put this drops on my cat’s neck it instantly gave him a rash. I am scared that it will get worst or that he will eventually lick some of this product and die. Please be aware of this product. It is not safe! I am surprised to see all of this comments and this stuff is still being sold! I will never purchase this product or recommend to anyone.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I purchased this product at the Dollar Tree in Hammond Indiana. I followed the instructions on back and immediately my cat started to run through my house and made a licking motion with his mouth. Almost like when we get peanut butter in our mouth and can't lick the roof of our mouth?! He then started to gag like he was trying to throw up. A white foam came from the side of his mouth. He wouldn't drink any water or eat food for 8 hours. We tried guiding him to water every 10 minutes. Finally he started to cry and scratch the back of neck area with his hind leg.

I immediately gave him a bath and tried to rinse the Nature's Guardian off him. I noticed red patches through his hair from the solution. I will be taking my cat Jax to the vet soon as I can. We are in a quarantine right now due to the corona 19 pandemic in my state. Please take this product off the shelves. It is so harmful to cats. I'm so emotional right now. I can't stop crying writing this complaint...

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Plain and simple. I Purchased these flea and tick collars 4 of them. Had them on my cats for 3 days and I noticed tonight my pumpkin had a a burn on his neck! And we took the collar off immediately!! Checked the other 3 and they ALL HAVE BURNS ON THEIR NECKS!!! These collars the chemicals burned my cats necks. These collars could of killed my cats.. And the smell is horrible. It even affected my breathing.... These collars need to be taken off the shelves of all stores!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sergeant's?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Please do not use this product on your fur babies. My poor cat at chemical burns all around her neck from this products. Part of her skin is coming off and her hair is gone. Please make sure to look up products before you buy them, I made the mistake and didn’t with this one. Completely heartbroken for my baby.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Since my first review was taken down, I will put up another one. Me and my wife followed the directions exactly. Not even 10 minutes later our cats were having seizures even after repeatedly washing them. We had to sit there and watch our babies die a slow horrible death as we could do nothing but sit there and cry watching them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I purchased Sergeants OTC plus for cat on October 19, 2019 and put it on my cat's neck. In 3 days the hair was off her back and the skin was a bloody, chunky mess. I have pictures if I’m able to attach them. Today is November 26 and she is just now to where she’s not bleeding. She still has a horrible place on her face, I suppose from transferring it from her back with her paw.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I put this on my two cats and they had a horrible reaction to it! One of them has raw bloody skin where it was applied and both ran and twitched like crazy. There's no way to put into words how insane it made them. Called vet and was told they've had several cases where other pets had same situation and some much worse... seizures and death! Washed both cats multiple times with dish soap to get product off. It's been a week and a half and one is now on antibiotics and other is doing ok. This company needs to be shut down!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I gave my dog a bath on Sunday Oct. 8th, 2019. Immediately following the bath my dog was shivering. I thought he was cold so I covered him with 2 blankets. Even took pics.. See it was a cold day. I thought I just chose a bad day for the bath. That night he became distant from everyone. Which my baby is a cuddler. Next day he was getting sick after drinking his water. I thought perhaps he had a cold. So Tuesday morning when my grandson showed up and made it all the way in the house and my dog never even lifted his head. I knew something was wrong.

My husband took him to the vet which to our surprise found out it was from this shampoo. Plus found out it has been killing animals and they keep selling it?? I don't get that at all. My baby is on 2 medications and had to have a couple special baths. He is showing some improvement but is not 100% by a long shot. I just want to know what can I do to get this off the shelves of the stores?? Willing to go above and beyond. #dogslivesmatter Sincerely, Susan ** #needhelptochangethis #letsshutitdown

Sergeant's Company Information