1.00/5

774 Sergeant's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I used this product. Within two hours three of my cats were shaking uncontrollably trembling into seizures! We had to take them to the emergency 24-hour vet which was a hundred and fifty per cat so there we spent $300 right. They call him the seizures down. We brought the animals home. They were still shaking uncontrollably but not in seizures. We had to take them all three to the normal vet the next day which was another $75! So me being a cheapskate and trying to save some money and bought this cheap product ended up spending $425 to save my babies lives.

Here is the treatment that the vet gave to us. If you have accidentally use this product you need to give your babies this muscle relaxer. This is what saved my babies! Okay it is a 500mg **! My cats all weighed 7 point something pounds. The treatment with them with this muscle relaxer was 1/4 of the 500 mg tablet. This brings your babies out of the seizures. Not permanently at first. You have to watch them for the next week and if another seizure comes on you give them another dose of the medicine! I just wanted to give this information to people because not everyone can afford to take their baby straight to a 24-hour emergency vet!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I used this on my beagle hound. We had to rush him to the emergency vet. His face began to swell extremely large and fast he couldn't breathe and it made patches of his hair fall out. First and last time we will ever use this product. It's a deathwish.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! Do NOT buy this product. Yesterday I bought the flea topical and put it on one of my adult cats and one of my younger cats and within 45 minutes my younger cat began convulsing uncontrollably while urinating and pooping on himself and did so for about an hour before we had to put him down to end his suffering! My adult cat is currently at the vet with IV and fluids suffering from neurological problems! Our vet said they do not know how this product can be continued to be sold at stores! It was by far the most traumatic experience ever! This company should be sued!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

TERRIBLE!!! It gave my dog a chemical burn. WITHIN 2 HOURS OF USING THE TOPICAL SOLUTION MY DOG WAS CRYING AND SCRATCHING UNCONTROLLABLY. I am watching the place. Even after rinsing with water and putting honey, aloe, and anti-itch cream my dog is still uncomfortable! Take this off the shelf!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Put on my cat. Couple days later I had to take off and wash his neck. Burned him and his hair around his neck. I am heartbroken. This should be taken off the shelf. I will never buy this or any other product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sergeant's?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I put this product on all four of my cats this morning and by 5:00 pm three of them had passed. The adult female and the two kittens were having seizures an hour after putting it on them. The vet tried everything but nothing could stop the seizures. I will never use this product again as I don't want to lose any more cats. They really should take this product off the market.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I used the drops for fleas and ticks. My dog has burns and missing fur. My cat came in contact with it and had back to back seizures. I held my baby as she fought for her life. I can't stress enough how painful that was. IF YOU LOVE YOUR PET PLEASE SEEK FLEA MEDS FROM A TRUSTED VET OR ATLEAST CALL AND ASK.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

After reading all the reviews, I’m freaking out. I just put this on my cat today. She started acting odd, and now I can’t find her...and she’s an inside cat. We know she didn’t go outside. She won’t come when we call her either. Terrified she’s had a seizure and passed somewhere. She was completely fine before I sprayed her with this.

Updated on 09/26/18: Our kitty finally came out of hiding with her legs shaking and acting odd. I went to let her and she hissed at me, which she’s never done. At 12am and she’s now sleeping. We have a vet appointment at 7am to check her out further.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I am 16 years old and I should not have to hold a convulsing cat and watch it DIE in my arms because of this flea medication! Now one out of two of her kittens have a tick that won't go away, (He is shaking his ear and paw a lot but he is okay.) and they no longer have a mama! My 40 year old father broke down because of how graphic this was! I am planning on starting a petition to shut them down!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Please do not buy and use this product! My friend used this on 6 of her cats and only half a dose on each. Now she has three dead cats and one who has been have a non-stop seizure since last night! This was purchased at Dollar General and when I went to ask for them to take off shelf so no other family will lose the fur babies they told me they are not allowed to remove things from the shelf without manager say so. But the manager was not working today so they will be leaving it for people to buy. I then called Sergeant's and what they told me was if we take the cat to vet and send them bill with our case number they may reimburse for medical but it's not guaranteed. I ask that everyone please share this to save other cats who may fall victim to this horrible company's product.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

So about a month ago, I bought my cat Sergeant's once monthly flea and tick squeeze on application. Almost immediately, I noticed my cat was sitting in the litter box more. I assumed it just felt good to him due to the heat levels for Ohio July Heat. In the last two weeks, I began noticing that feces was in the litter box, but he wasn't urinating as much. I had explained that off to myself as well.

To make a long story short, my cat is, as we speak having emergency surgery done on his urethra. He was foaming at the mouth, and was taken to the vet in critical condition. I believe with all of my heart that this cheap squeeze on is what made my cat sick. Some cats can have an allergic reaction to the chemicals in these cheaper brands causing them stress. So as I sit here crying and writing this review, I know that I could get the call that he didn't make it. Spend the extra $15 to get the Advantage. I know I will. My cheap ways may have cost me the life of my companion Bandit. As I sit here reading the reviews on this product I am surprised at how many other stories are identical to mine after using this product.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I put this product on my dog and two of the kittens that I had snuggled with the dog became exposed to the medication, within hours both kittens started having seizure like jerking movements and foaming at the mouth both resulting in death... The medication is listed below. Squeeze on Sergeant's Bansect Squeeze-On Flea and Tick Control for Dogs. SKU: 915359. Product Details. Squeeze-on flea and tick control for dogs comes assorted between doses for dogs over 33 lbs., and doses for dogs under 33 lbs. Specifications. Brand: Sergeant's® Bansect®. Volume: .1 oz.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I used Flea and Tick Squeeze-On for Cats and Kittens last night on my 2 y/o cat, Lamb. I usually use Advantage and she has never reacted badly but I tried this product because it’s a lot cheaper. I read the directions and put it on her like shown. My mistake was not going online to read reviews... I found her this morning acting odd, shaking/trembling, and twitching as she walked. I panicked and looked up the product only to find that I have actually put poison on my baby!!! And others have died due to use of this awful pesticide.

I can’t believe it is still being sold in stores. I washed her twice in Dawn dish soap, it’s been a couple hours and the shaking has stopped but she’s still acting lethargic and scared. I 100% do not recommend this product or any of Sergeant's products! If anyone has put out a petition to end this company I would be more than happy to sign and spread it around. I am so sad for the families who have lost their fur babies because of this and all I can do is hope Lamb will not be affected.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Unfortunately my cat is also one of their many poisoning victims!!! She is still at the veterinarian right now fighting for her life after I applied this medication (Gold Flea Drops) to a perfectly healthy normal cat!! The reports here are all true and cannot understand for the life of me how this product is able to stay on the market. Everyone who is associated with this product still being sold needs to go to prison for all the horrible suffering and deaths they are responsible for. Sick! Sick! Sick!!

Original review: July 12, 2018

Yesterday, I applied the Sergeant's Flea and Tick to my cat (Louise). After a few hours, she become sick, trembling real bad. She was in so much pain when I picked her up. I rush her to the 24 hr vet to find out from the doctor that Sergeant's medication is poison to animals. This stuff needs to be remove from the market and from the stores. It seems like the company does not care and consumer is not aware of how danger this really is. I am going to contact the media and put awareness of this poison that is being sold into stores that is harming and killing part of our family.

They may be consider property to some, but my Louise is like my child. Yes, I had to paid money to make sure she is ok. The doctor gave her medication to help with the muscle twitching. Now, she is resting. I am so mad right now, reading all these complaints and the product is still being sold. Something needs to be done. Sergeant's hurting us, now it is time to put a dent in their pockets too. I am ready to file a class action suit against Sergeant's. Consumer need to be aware of the poison and effect it does to our pets.

Original review: July 1, 2018

This was my Bella. She would have been 6 yrs old July 15. I want awareness out to all pet owners. PLEASE DO NOT USE SERGEANT'S FLEA AND TICK DROPS! I usually used vet prescribed treats, however, after hours on a weekend, Bella brought fleas in the house from stray cats in neighborhood. My bed has white sheets, and noticed the beginning of a near infestation. Quickly taking care of Bella first, SERGEANT'S flea drops were applied to the back of her neck. Then yard and home. Bella was diagnosed with Addison's Disease last summer and nearly died. SHE SURVIVED! Thereafter, she received daily medicine to live. Her Addison's was totally under control. Now, within 24 hours of applying these drops, she developed a huge red spot. I immediately washed her with Dawn soap. Bella could risk going into major crisis. I know if she could risk this, give an extra dose of meds. I will get her to vet on Monday, I thought... Bella never made it.

I stayed up with her all Sunday night, laying by her side. Green-yellowish puss started releasing from her vulva, application site, AND eyes! She stopped eating the day prior. I had to carry her due to becoming immobile. It was very heartbreaking. This came on so sudden and extremely quick! From a spunky, crazy puppy, to what had become of her is still unfathomable. She couldn't lick for kisses. She put her nose to my face. Within a few hours, she left me. I felt she was ok to run to store. I came home to find my princess... Nothing can bring my Bella back. I can grieve every day for her. I MUST MAKE AWARENESS TO EVERYONE TO SAVE OTHER LOVED FAMILY PETS. This is in loving memory of Bella. Picture of Bella and I a few hours before she passed away.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Sergeant's flea and tick killer for cats. (Liquid squeeze tube). Soon as I applied to a few drops to my cat he started burning. I'm trying to comb and into her hair and she was in so much pain. I definitely grab the soap and washed it off. Gave her a bath and I hope she don't die. This is the worst product ever! I would love to sign the petition to get this off the shelves immediately! My email is **. Anybody got a petition to get this stuff off the shelves. Please email me or I will start one.

Original review: June 24, 2018

The Dual Action Flea and Tick Collar has caused my three cats to have rawness and infection with loss of fur around the neck area where the collar was for 3 weeks. This product should be taken off the market immediately! Hopefully, they will survive once I get them to a vet as soon as it opens on Monday. I hate having to wait for two days but we have no emergency vets in the small town I live in.

Original review: June 22, 2018

This Sergeant's Gold product for fleas and ticks doesn't work! I am furious with what it has done to my kitten. Instead of making the situation better it made it worse. I am heartbroken with the results of this product. It's a true danger to animals.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Sergeant's Guardian Natural flea & tick squeeze on - Don't Waste your??? I purchased 8 of these at my local Dollar Tree store. This product is very strong smelling & a rip-off! The smell stressed all 8 of my cats. And it did NOT kill a single flea! Now my poor little felines are in a waiting period limbo counting down the next 3 weeks until I feel it's safe to apply a flea treatment that does what it says it does. Meanwhile I am in a losing my non-stop battle using flea Combs in order for my baby's to feel some relief from their fleas.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I purchased this Flea and Tick Squeeze On for cats and applied to my cat, following the directions. By the next morning Mojo was having uncontrollable tremors. After a month of complications, he started having seizures and he passed away at the animal hospital. After reading reviews on this product, I cannot believe it is still on the market. It should be removed to prevent any more animals from getting sick and dying.

Original review: June 16, 2018

My cat was a normal happy cat, loved to play with his sister. After putting Sergeant's Dual-Action Flea & Tick Collar For Cats on him, he quit doing his normal. Just stayed coward down. Then after a week we noticed that the back of his ears and his whole neck was covered in sores and blisters. Now his mouth nose and paws are also covered. From where he would scratch the infected areas. I called Sergeant's, but she said it could not have been their product. He is getting worse and my mom and I are on social security and cannot afford to go to a vet. I hate seeing my baby like this. I don't want this to happen to any other fur babies.

Original review: June 11, 2018

After reading these older reviews, I cannot believe this product (Sergeant Silver Flea Topical for Cats and Kittens) is still on the market. My brother used this topical flea medicine on two of his cats and both have convulsed for hours and are still trembling after almost 48 hours for one of them. We need to get the word out on this product. They are selling it at Budget dollar stores and causing lower income people hardships.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I'm writing this review for a product I used a couple years ago. My mom and I were trying to get rid of fleas on our cat, and money was tight so we couldn't afford the high end flea medicine like Advantage and Frontline so instead we bought Sergeant's Silver Flea & Tick medicine from Dollar General, and within 15 minutes of applying it my cat was very lethargic, and wouldn't eat, wouldn't play, obviously just wasn't herself. I immediately went to the computer and did a little research, and wasn't too pleased to read what chemicals were in the product, so I gave my cat a bath and scrubbed out the toxic chemicals the best I could. (My cat was so affected by the Sergeant's Silver that she didn't even care about the bath, like, at all, and those of you who have a cat that doesn't like water know what I'm talking about.)

After a few days of monitoring my poor kitty, she started to eat and drink again, and on about the 7th day after I bathed her she was back to her playful happy self. I was fortunate enough to not lose my cat to this terrible product, but sadly, based on other reviews I read, others were not so fortunate, so my advice to anyone considering buying this product or any product sold by Sergeant's is PLEASE save your pet the suffering and spend the money on trusted products, but if you don't have the money, find another way like combing your cat every day or bathing it as often as possible, but stay away from Sergeant's products.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I am so upset with this product. This flea and tick collar we purchased literally burned the hair and neck on my cat to the point that it is literally raw. This product seriously needs to be taken off all the shelves everywhere! I hope my poor kitty makes it through the next few days to get the poison out of his system. I can't even imagine what this is going to cost in vet bills if I have to take him there. So disgusted!

Original review: May 12, 2018

Sergeants Silver Flea - After using this product my cat started acting strange. Visited the vet and needless to say my baby died after they tried reviving him three times! This needs to come off the shelves! IMMEDIATELY! And after reading reviews which you don’t think of till it’s obviously too late. Why has the product not been removed already?!?! I don’t understand why the product is still on shelves after there has been this many reports of it causing harm and death to animals!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have used many different flea products on my cats and have never had any adverse reactions. I purchased Sergeants Silver Squeeze-On for Cats & Kittens to save some money. After applying this to my three cats, all of them got extremely ill; tremors, problems standing/walking, and crying when picked up (like it hurt them). Removed as much off of them as possible and it was several days before they improved (I thought my senior cat was going to die; she also quit eating and hid for a couple more days). This product should be removed from shelves!

Original review: April 9, 2018

We bought this thinking it would help, in NO WAY DID THIS HELP! My poor cat started running around the house as if it was burning him and I thought to myself, maybe the fleas are moving around and the product is working? Then AFTER A FEW SECONDS my poor cat started foaming from the mouth and vomiting and twitching!!! I got so scared I grabbed him and ran to the bathtub and bathed him with cat shampoo and dried him off with a towel, the scent was so strong even after bathing him I could still smell it in him!!! Not only him but on my fingers!

They are asking for a lawsuit and I am screenshotting everyone’s responses because from what I’ve seen, they had the same thing happened to thing. I am glad there is proof. We need to stop this, and I feel sooooo horrible with the thought of people buying this without knowing the harm they are doing to their cats or dogs. Please, if you love your pet, do not buy this. There’s so many horrible reviews, I wish I would have read them before I applied the product to my cat. So many people have also said their poor cat ended up dying. This is poison. I am contacting them tomorrow morning. I am BEYOND PISSED. They messed with the wrong girl.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have a ten pound indoor housecat in good health. I purchased Sergeant's Flea & Tick Collar, Dual Action, for Cats from a local grocery store and put it on my cat. She was shaking and drooling when I checked on her less than ten minutes later. She has never had a reaction like that to anything before or since. I took the collar off of her as fast as I could, picked her up, threw her into the kitchen sink and washed her with soap multiple times before rinsing her thoroughly. The shaking went away within fifteen minutes of taking off that collar. She was wearing the collar looking out of the window when this occurred. We've used Advantage and Frontline on her over the years and they've both been fine. She's been to the vet since this occurred and has no lasting damage. I will never use anything from Sergeant's ever again, and I'm horrified that this product is on the market.

Original review: April 6, 2018

One of our cats has to be given anti-seizure medication for the remainder of his life because we used this product (Sergeant's Silver flea & tick spray) once on him! It is a horrible thing to watch a beloved pet foaming at the mouth and its body twist on itself and bounce around in Grand Mal seizures. Another long-term effect/consequence of having used Sergeant's Silver on our poor cat is that he now has what is known as "multiple chemical sensitivity" (MCS), so not only can we not use any other flea control treatment on him, but also have to be very selective about which we use on our other pets he comes into contact with, as well as every other type product around the house (cleaning, air fresheners, hygiene/beauty products, etc) because since his severe reaction to Sergeant's Silver, any product can trigger a horrific seizure.

Sergeant's Company Information