Sergeant's

Sergeant's Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sergeant's?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sergeant's?

Reviewed May 6, 2023

Don’t buy Nature’s Guardian flea & tick. I’m currently sitting here praying my family’s 8-month-old kitten makes it through. We followed the directions exactly. Immediately he started drooling, eyes dilated & generally not acting like himself. Within 10 minutes, started scrubbing him down with wet wash rags trying to get the treatment off of him. Then washed him up with Dawn. About an hour later still could smell the awful stuff on him, washed him again & then trimmed the fur in the application area. He ate wet food but isn’t drinking much water. Also didn’t use the litter box in the last 10 hours. So fearful we are going to lose our super sweet, super healthy kitten. Why is this still on the market?

Reviewed June 18, 2022

I put this treatment on three of my cats. 2 of them started convulsing and foaming at the mouth. I thought my babies were going to die. The hotline did nothing to help me. I gave them all baths with dawn dish soap and forced them to drink water. 8 hours later they were both fine and then 6 hours later my first cat started convulsing again.. I’m taking them to the vet.. Don’t give this to your beautiful babies if you love them.

PriceStaff

Reviewed April 13, 2022

I've used the Sergeant's Bansect sold at the Dollar Tree for my dog a year now and it has worked great for us. It's a nice fact that it works nicely for us especially with everything going up in prices.

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2021

We bought this to potentially keep fleas off our cat. Put it on as directed, two days later my adult 3 year old cat had tremors and could barely walk. Gave him a warm bath with liquid dish soap and rinsed well. Time will tell how he will be.

Reviewed Oct. 24, 2021

I gave my 3 5 month old kittens Sergeant's silver flea and tick squeeze on for cats. And my cats are just fine. No bad side effects at all. And their fleas are dying. I only found very few on them. Like 3 or 4.

Reviewed Oct. 15, 2021

I used this product on my dog and it burnt a hole in the back of his neck and burnt the hair off of him where the drops were applied. I shampooed him several times to get this product off of him as he looked as though he was dying and there was a huge chemical burn and still is on the back of his neck. He still had fleas all over him. All this product did was burn a hole on the back of my dogs, left him sick and still 2 weeks later he has a open wound. He is running around scratching and can't leave this wound alone. I am lucky he didn't die. Don't use this. It should be removed from the shelves.

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2021

This thing literally killed my 1 year old buttercup and nearly took my other cat last night. Buttercup started shaking and it lead to seizures and then we tried treating her, in the end she was put down cuz we couldn't do anything and she was a happy friendly cat until we used this product. Anyone who has a cat or dog, don't get it at all.

Reviewed July 31, 2021

THIS PRODUCT IS HORRIBLE. DO NOT BUY. My cat Luna of 7 years no health issues. No problem. After buying this one day my cat had a seizure. My other cat started to drool a lot. I don't know what is it but if you love yours animals don't buy it please.

Reliability

Reviewed July 11, 2021

This is the worse product ever. If you think about buying this don’t! I never knew it had so many bad reviews. It put chemical burns all around my cat's neck and I’m hoping when I take him to the vet that everything will be okay. I’m so disappointed. This is ridiculous. Please be safe. Read on items before purchasing them for your fur babies. Also this product is defective because they were literally fleas under the collar so it doesn’t even work period. All it does is harm your animal. It’s like you literally buying this product just to harm your animal basically! This deserves zero stars definitely not one and sued at that.

Staff

Reviewed April 26, 2021

Sergeant's natures guardian for cats. I bought this product for my cat. Within 15 minutes he started foaming at the mouth. His eyes were dilated. He started peeing uncontrollably. His heart started to race. He was panting. He could not catch his breath. I instantly started washing the product off with soap and water. He was scared. This product should not be sold. He was so drained and could not regain himself. Why is this product being sold is the question here.

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2021

WHEN WE GO TO COURT BRING THE POOR CATS AND KITTENS! This SHOULD NOT BE ON THE SHELF. I purchased this product from DOLLAR GENERAL in Norwich, CT. About a month ago I purchased this and now my cats have no hair and open wounds on their neck. Why is this product exempt from registration under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and NOT REGISTERED by the US ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY??? But sold in stores? Still till this day..

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2021

This product is DANGEROUS. It has many side effects! We used it on our three chihuahuas and all three reacted different! Our oldest Chihuahua started itching uncontrollably and blotching into blisters, the mama I was gasping for air and trying to cough something up and was unable to control her blinking and squinting, and the baby was walking around Super Hyper and dragging her face on the ground when she ran, she also was unable to control her squinting and jerking around with spasms. Within the first 24 hours all three were extremely weak and lethargic and acting as if it was killing them. Do not use this product if you care about your pets! We will be starting a class action lawsuit against this company.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2021

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! I purchased this earlier today and applied it to my cats as directed. She took and nap and when she woke up it had burned her fur and her freaking skin! Her skin was broken and oozing and her fur was missing. I bathed her with Dawn. I'm on hold with the company now. This product needs to be removed from shelves immediately! I'm calling the retailer tomorrow to demand it. Okay, the lady is now blaming me for only using half of the tube! Hilariously evil.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2021

This product 1000000% killed my cat. Abrupt KIDNEY FAILURE!! There aren’t enough words in the world to explain how I’m feeling right now. I just had to make the final decision to put my cat down after keeping him in the hospital 2 nights trying to save his life. His body went downhill so quick. He was perfectly fine a week ago... I went back and forth with God and myself for hours and sleepless nights praying and hoping that he would make it.. I hope NOBODY has to endure the heartache I’ve gone through the past couple days. I hope nobody has to decide that your baby has had enough and you have to ultimately watch them die...

I called the customer service to obviously tell them what their product has done to only be told “our product doesn’t soak into the animal's skin, just sits on top of the skin”. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG (VET CONFIRMED). Anything you put on your animal's skin SOAKS IN!!!! It’s common sense. $600 later I came home without my sweet boy and my empty sofa and his lonely confused kitty brother. I wish I could take it all back..

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2020

My cat started having massive tremors less than 3 hours after application. I’m filing a class action. You guys need to be shut down after reading these reviews. You’re killing animals. How do you sleep at night???

Profile pic of the author.
    Price

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2020

I used drop for cat just as directed. My cat started to have seizures. He had a small stroke and 8 seizures. I had to have him put down because would have cost me over $10,000.00 in vet bills and my cat may have never walked again. This product killed my cat. Beware not a good product. My long time is now gone. These drops murdered my cat.

Reviewed July 18, 2020

I had ordered my 2 large dogs prescription flea and heartworm meds from overseas. The mail has been painfully slow and had been 1+ month since my order shipped and still had not arrived. My dogs are active and love the outdoors and brought some hitchhikers home at some point. I could see they were both uncomfortable and itchy. On a whim when buying treats I saw Sergeant's at Dollar General and thought what could it hurt until their meds arrive? While symptoms weren't as severe and heartbreaking as some posts here, both of my dogs were visibly more miserable and now sick after the application.

Both of my boys had diarrhea, vomiting, and lethargy on top of still having fleas. I washed them but it was too late. My shepherd seems better but my pittie has lost enough fur at the application site that his poor chemically burned skin is visible in about a 4x2in area. Sergeant's is 10l0% dangerous for pets, a complete waste of your money, and does not work at all. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed July 17, 2020

Tried this on my dachshund. Caused blisters and burns. In my opinion Sergeant's should be responsible plus take this product off the market. I will be talking to my attorney about this to see if I can file a law suit.

Reviewed July 15, 2020

I have a 9 month Chihuahua puppy that I bought a collar for. After the first day I noticed his neck was red. Upon taking off the collar his neck is blistered and raw under collar. I will never use this product again. It's terrible!!!

Reviewed June 5, 2020

I bought product at the Dollar Store. My dog is 17lbs says to use on dogs 7-33 lbs. Past 3 days she has had a head tilt and weirdly scratching her neck. Took her to vet today and he said Permethrin (main ingredient) is highly poisonous. They even have on the box "DO NOT USE ON CATS, MAY BE FATAL." I feel horrible. I have put my dogs life in jeopardy. Do not use this product. If you have, wash immediately off with sensitive soap or shampoo, then again day or so later.

Reviewed May 24, 2020

Made with natural oils that have poisoned my whole household. So many side effects in humans and pets. I purchased the product in April 2020 at Dollar Tree in Litchfield Illinois as a preventive. The harm done is irreversible and has been physically, mentally, emotionally exhausting in every way manner literally and figuratively. I have photos videos and documentation of this and Sergeant's needs to be held accountable.

Reviewed May 13, 2020

I had purchased this product to control my cat fleas. Once I put this drops on my cat’s neck it instantly gave him a rash. I am scared that it will get worst or that he will eventually lick some of this product and die. Please be aware of this product. It is not safe! I am surprised to see all of this comments and this stuff is still being sold! I will never purchase this product or recommend to anyone.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed May 12, 2020

I purchased this product at the Dollar Tree in Hammond Indiana. I followed the instructions on back and immediately my cat started to run through my house and made a licking motion with his mouth. Almost like when we get peanut butter in our mouth and can't lick the roof of our mouth?! He then started to gag like he was trying to throw up. A white foam came from the side of his mouth. He wouldn't drink any water or eat food for 8 hours. We tried guiding him to water every 10 minutes. Finally he started to cry and scratch the back of neck area with his hind leg.

I immediately gave him a bath and tried to rinse the Nature's Guardian off him. I noticed red patches through his hair from the solution. I will be taking my cat Jax to the vet soon as I can. We are in a quarantine right now due to the corona 19 pandemic in my state. Please take this product off the shelves. It is so harmful to cats. I'm so emotional right now. I can't stop crying writing this complaint...

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2020

Plain and simple. I Purchased these flea and tick collars 4 of them. Had them on my cats for 3 days and I noticed tonight my pumpkin had a a burn on his neck! And we took the collar off immediately!! Checked the other 3 and they ALL HAVE BURNS ON THEIR NECKS!!! These collars the chemicals burned my cats necks. These collars could of killed my cats.. And the smell is horrible. It even affected my breathing.... These collars need to be taken off the shelves of all stores!!

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2020

Please do not use this product on your fur babies. My poor cat at chemical burns all around her neck from this products. Part of her skin is coming off and her hair is gone. Please make sure to look up products before you buy them, I made the mistake and didn’t with this one. Completely heartbroken for my baby.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2019

Since my first review was taken down, I will put up another one. Me and my wife followed the directions exactly. Not even 10 minutes later our cats were having seizures even after repeatedly washing them. We had to sit there and watch our babies die a slow horrible death as we could do nothing but sit there and cry watching them.

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2019

I purchased Sergeants OTC plus for cat on October 19, 2019 and put it on my cat's neck. In 3 days the hair was off her back and the skin was a bloody, chunky mess. I have pictures if I’m able to attach them. Today is November 26 and she is just now to where she’s not bleeding. She still has a horrible place on her face, I suppose from transferring it from her back with her paw.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 24, 2019

I put this on my two cats and they had a horrible reaction to it! One of them has raw bloody skin where it was applied and both ran and twitched like crazy. There's no way to put into words how insane it made them. Called vet and was told they've had several cases where other pets had same situation and some much worse... seizures and death! Washed both cats multiple times with dish soap to get product off. It's been a week and a half and one is now on antibiotics and other is doing ok. This company needs to be shut down!!

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2019

I gave my dog a bath on Sunday Oct. 8th, 2019. Immediately following the bath my dog was shivering. I thought he was cold so I covered him with 2 blankets. Even took pics.. See it was a cold day. I thought I just chose a bad day for the bath. That night he became distant from everyone. Which my baby is a cuddler. Next day he was getting sick after drinking his water. I thought perhaps he had a cold. So Tuesday morning when my grandson showed up and made it all the way in the house and my dog never even lifted his head. I knew something was wrong.

My husband took him to the vet which to our surprise found out it was from this shampoo. Plus found out it has been killing animals and they keep selling it?? I don't get that at all. My baby is on 2 medications and had to have a couple special baths. He is showing some improvement but is not 100% by a long shot. I just want to know what can I do to get this off the shelves of the stores?? Willing to go above and beyond. #dogslivesmatter Sincerely, Susan ** #needhelptochangethis #letsshutitdown

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2019

I put one of these on my cat as backup for his weekly bath. Within hours I noticed that almost his whole neck was raw and bleeding through the skin down to the meat. He has no hair on almost his whole neck. I couldn't get it off fast enough!!! Should be able to give them negative stars!!!!

Sergeant's Company Information