3.59/5

802 Sergeant's Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 8, 2019

We had a one and a half year old Cane Corso who was about 100 lbs and the sweetest boy, EVER. He was our baby. Completely healthy, never had an issue until we used this terrible stuff. Within 24 hours he was seizing and flopping around like a fish out of water. It was terrible to watch. We took him to the Vet, they gave him a bunch of tests. He tested negative for epilepsy and over the next 5-6 weeks the seizures were regular/weekly, but not enough to consider his quality of life so bad that we would have to put him down so the Vet figured they would try to give him medicine to minimize the seizures, hoping it might help and within about a week after that we woke up to him going into a seizure that he would never come out of. We raced him to the closest animal hospital and he died about 2 or 3 minutes after arriving. His temp was almost 120 and his body just shut down. This product is HORRIBLE.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Our cats have never had fleas. Then our dogs got them so I bought the Nature's Guardian Flea Treatment from our local Dollar Tree just for prevention. I figured it didn't need to be the best since they've never had fleas & still don't. I was WRONG! As soon as we put this on our cat (103 yrs old & healthy) she began foaming at the mouth & running around like she was on fire! We IMMEDIATELY wrapped her in a towel and sprayed her mouth out for 5 mins. Then we jumped in the shower and shampooed & rinsed her 5 times with Dawn Detergent. Hopefully she will be alright. This company should be sued in a class action lawsuit & Dollar Tree should pull it from their shelves! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! IT IS PURE POISON!

Original review: May 7, 2019

PLEASE DO NOT USE, IF YOU LOVE YOUR CAT! My cat now has serious burns to her neck and all her hair around her neck is gone. She is 12 years old and a tough cookie. Reading all these reviews makes me realize they need to be sued for every pet they have hurt!!!! I feel so bad for my cat and I will stick with what we have used for years!

Original review: April 24, 2019

Please don't use any product made by this company. Their flea squeeze application put my dog in the ICU overnight. Sergeant's knows. That's why the company reimbursed me on my vet bills. I did everything right. My dog lived.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My cat did not have fleas, but had wandered outside and I had rat in the garage. So I treated her. That night she began vomiting. That was April 16. April 17 I put her in the bathroom with her litter box and she stopped eating but kept vomiting. April 18, I took her to the vet, who gave her supportive treatment but said there was nothing in the literature about such a strong reaction to this medication. April 19, she is drooling massively and still vomiting, and of course very tired. I will take her back to the vet tomorrow, but I do not have high hopes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sergeant's?

Original review: April 17, 2019

My friend gave this to her cat and by morning the cat was dead. No health problems prior and the only new thing introduced to her. The cat was healthy and lived indoors. Could not have been anything else.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I had Marley For 7 Wonderful Years. She meant the world to me. Unfortunately I used Sergeant's flea and tick shampoo on her and after the bath she started shaking hiding and a few hours later had a really bad seizure. I rushed her to the emergency vet and they kept her overnight. She comes home the next day and within a few hours she has blood gushing out of her nose so back to the emergency vet we go.

The vet sent her home with a ton of medication which I gave her around the clock. She still shaked at home, had a head tilt, walked like she was drunk and needed 24/7 care and monitoring. I even had to carry her outside to go to the bathroom because she wasn't able to walk downstairs. She could no longer get on the couch or jump down. She often stared into space. It was horrible seeing her like this for 2 weeks. She passed away on 4/4/19 and it was the worst day for me and my family. She was a healthy happy dog before I gave her a bath with Sergeant's flea and tick shampoo. Please don't use this on your pets.

Original review: March 16, 2019

If I could choose zero stars I would. I used the flea squeeze on my 17 year old snowshoe siamese and my 8 year old Russian blue. I was cautious to use a new brand on my older cats so I split a tube between them. Within an hour I noticed my Siamese was panting and his pupils were extremely dilated, I washed him because I was scared the dosage was too much for him. Over the next few days he was acting strange, 6 days later HE DIED. My Russian Blue itched herself so much she got bald spots and the fleas are STILL NOT GONE. So angry that I allowed myself to buy this low cost brand, I lost my best friend because of it. :(

Original review: March 5, 2019

I bought Sergeant's PRONYL OTC Plus for dogs today March 4, 2019 at 2:45 at Wal-Mart in Pell City Alabama for my 5-pound yorkie. When I open the box the tube was almost completely empty, you lay your finger flat down that how much it had in it. The bar code 73091 05165. The code 0248k 12 1536 060318. I took it back to Walmart to exchange for a another one that wasn't almost empty. If someone bought something it was almost empty, I would exchange it for another one when you pay almost $6.00 for it. I wanted to email y'all to let y'all know about Sergeant's PRONYL OTC Plus for dogs. If that way Walmart is going to do customer when they buy Sergeant's Pronyl and it's almost empty want exchange or give their money back, am thinking about not spending my money on Sergeant's dog's stuff anymore. Thank you for taking time to read my email.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This is a dangerous product. Immediately after properly applying this product to our one year old cat she fell off the bed disoriented, started foaming at the mouth and was leaning against the wall for support to try and walk to my daughter. WE IMMEDIATELY WASHED HER WITH SOAP AND WATER! WE ARE KEEPING WATCH OVER HER AND are very upset that a company is allowed to sell products that harm our pets!

Sergeant's Company Information